PDA

View Full Version : The endless (and probably pointless) GK debate thread.

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

plague
13-08-2014, 04:42 PM
And caaarrrnnn Member, get in here, you are dying to shitstir.

(Agree with your point re: Brad Jones/Federici etc getting a call up before Biraz).

Grimario
13-08-2014, 04:44 PM
So he shouldn't have been dropped last year? You think we should have stuck with him regardless of how many 50 yarders he let in?

He absolutely should have been dropped.

sammydog
13-08-2014, 04:47 PM
I'd agree the Birraz is the better keeper.....when his form is there. I don't think there is a massive gulf between Birraz and BK though.

But if Birraz is displaying the form he had when his head was elsewhere towards the end of last season, then he should be on the bench. This is where its up to him to use the preseason the show that his head is now in the right place, he wants to be here (even if it is to put himself in the shop window OS) and he has the form to back the talent.

Thats where earning the place comes from. Its much more than smashing yourself in preseason.

I don't want to see any player picked purely on name, or past ability when their on field and training pitch form has been crap.

MFKS
13-08-2014, 05:20 PM
And caaarrrnnn Member, get in here, you are dying to shitstir.

(Agree with your point re: Brad Jones/Federici etc getting a call up before Biraz).

No need to shit stir lets just deal with reality :tongue:

Birraz is a heaps better keeper than BK every day of the week ending in Y

I would even go as far as saying Solari should be upgraded to the No2 spot as soon as he sorts his kicking out which is deadset ****ed as he is a better prospect.

BK will be back in the NPL before too long anyway

plague
13-08-2014, 06:19 PM
I would even go as far as saying Solari should be upgraded to the No2 spot as soon as he sorts his kicking out which is deadset ****ed as he is a better prospect.

On second thoughts, might be best if you sit this one out.
We were having a semi reasonable conversation before you turned up.

la bazzle
13-08-2014, 06:26 PM
Birraz better keeper. Had a drop in form last season subsequently dropped- fair enough. New season and for people to say birraz shouldn't be number 1 because instead of playing Weston he's been playing for the pick of the league against the juventus? Yeah cool story bro. There's still 2 months of preseason to go ffs plenty of time to gain the much needed experience against west wallsends reserves.

la bazzle
13-08-2014, 06:28 PM

Hahaha normal service resumes

MFKS
13-08-2014, 07:14 PM

You asked for me to get involved don't complain at what I say cause you don't like it.

I ain't having a dig at BK I do reckon that Solari will be playing plenty of first team football for us one day.

If he sorts his kicking out he ain't that far away now.

That is the reality of it. BK will be the perennial bridesmaid for us until we let him go

GazFish35
13-08-2014, 08:34 PM
Both in form, birraz > BK.

If both not in form, birraz > BK.

BK in form >>> birraz out of form.

Birraz in form >>>>> bk out of form.

Bk was the scapegoat for many many lazy armchair "Monday experts" who think playing in goals with the kids in the back yard makes them a goalkeeping expert, some of the abuse he copped a few years back was atrocious... And a hangover of that continues.

The gap between the two is not massive.

Starting spot v CCM round one should go to whoever is in form, AND in that "form" calculation must be how we'll they work with, and as a part of, the whole defensive unit.

plague
13-08-2014, 10:56 PM
You asked for me to get involved don't complain at what I say cause you don't like it.

Pfffffft, as if you wait to be asked to join in anyway.
Am willing to bet that Solari won't be picked in front of BK (on form) in any A-League matches this year.

{checks pv4's avatar}

Errrrrrrrrrr,

pv4
14-08-2014, 07:14 AM
Bk was the scapegoat for many many lazy armchair "Monday experts" who think playing in goals with the kids in the back yard makes them a goalkeeping expert, some of the abuse he copped a few years back was atrocious... And a hangover of that continues.

A few years back, every single time the ball went near BK, whether from our own team or the opposition, I got nervous we'd concede a goal. BK's few appearances last year were the first ever I didn't feel that nervousness.

OK so can we settle the debate by saying the best in-form player should play?

Biraz training and travelling with the WC squad to Brazil, training and playing with the Allstars against Juve, basically all while BK was in off-season, sounds pretty form-like to me.

pv4
14-08-2014, 07:18 AM
http://www.newcastlejets.com.au/article/jets-perform-strong-against-juventus/fjg4aqt050kx13rxknl0jonau

BK looked pretty average for Juves goal - I hope he isn't too phased by it.

Biraz looked to make some great saves in the second half.

WolfMan
14-08-2014, 01:04 PM
Both in form, birraz > BK.

If both not in form, birraz > BK.

BK in form >>> birraz out of form.

Birraz in form >>>>> bk out of form.

The gap between the two is not massive.

Starting spot v CCM round one should go to whoever is in form, AND in that "form" calculation must be how we'll they work with, and as a part of, the whole defensive unit.

100% agree

plague
14-08-2014, 07:09 PM
http://www.newcastlejets.com.au/article/jets-perform-strong-against-juventus/fjg4aqt050kx13rxknl0jonau

BK looked pretty average for Juves goal - I hope he isn't too phased by it.

Biraz looked to make some great saves in the second half.

Oh congrats. That is some MFKS level trolling right there pv4.
Well in.

pv4
14-08-2014, 11:15 PM
Oh congrats. That is some MFKS level trolling right there pv4.
Well in.

No trolling intended.

Although it does raise the question - who is the in form keeper at the moment?

plague
14-08-2014, 11:32 PM
No trolling intended.

Although it does raise the question - who is the in form keeper at the moment?

I think of bigger concern was the way the Juve bloke walked past your boy Madaschi (sry 4 splng) before laying any blame at BK getting beat one on one.
Also the 2 Biraz 'saves' on the video were smashed straight at him.

I haven't seen anywhere near enough of either of them to know who is in form but yeah like erryone else on here I just want the best prepared bloke come week 1 to be standing between the sticks.

borat
15-08-2014, 12:53 AM
Biraz just got called up to the national team, and was second-choice keeper in the HAL allstars behind another Socceroo. Anyone who thinks BK deserves the number 1 position ahead of him I have no hope for, honestly.

You're deluded if you honestly think this.

I couldn't stand BK in goals for us 2 years ago. We had the worst keeper in the league who IMO was only starting because of no competition and being a local. Birraz is without a doubt, by far and away, the better keeper.

Even when Birraz was in his slump towards the end of the season I still backed him as number 1. But he lost me when the gypos snuck a goal past him whilst he wasn't watching the game. Birraz can train with Socceroos, play against Juve, wipe Buffon's arse for all I care, but until he can bring his best game to the Jets he deserves to warm the pine.

Because the facts are BK at his best > Birraz when he is thinking of Germany.

MFKS
15-08-2014, 07:59 AM
That's just more proof Birraz should be picked.

Seeing as neither of our keepers like to dive the bloke who gets the ball kicked at him as opposed to away from him should get the gig.

Jetmaster
15-08-2014, 09:18 AM
I do hope that Birrashitti has learnt from his trip into fairyland at the end of last season and comes back a better keeper mentally.

No doubt it all got to his head and each game was about him, not the Jets.

Jury out.

GazFish35
15-08-2014, 09:40 AM
training and playing with the Allstars against Juve,

Manny Muscat was in the squad.

howardyou
15-08-2014, 10:07 AM
Birraz must start. Much better keeper and looks to be in good form.

Beeen
15-08-2014, 10:10 AM
I think of bigger concern was the way the Juve bloke walked past your boy Madaschi (sry 4 splng) before laying any blame at BK getting beat one on one.

I haven't seen anywhere near enough of either of them to know who is in form but yeah like erryone else on here I just want the best prepared bloke come week 1 to be standing between the sticks.

Yes agree with this. Got done like a dinner aye.

plague
15-08-2014, 10:49 AM
Yes agree with this. Got done like a dinner aye.

Yeah but you won't see much decent knowledge about centre backs on here, with pv4 being 'Team Lucas' and the good Member having a life size Alex Wilkinson head tattooed on his back.

MFKS
15-08-2014, 10:55 AM
Yeah but you won't see much decent knowledge about centre backs on here, with pv4 being 'Team Lucas' and the good Member having a life size Alex Wilkinson head tattooed on his back.
:lol: Nice Work

MFKS
22-09-2014, 12:07 PM
MARK Birighitti appears to have an opening-round berth securely in his grasp after Newcastle’s 0-0 draw with Central Coast in their pre-season trial match at Mudgee on Saturday.

Birighitti was the Jets’ first-choice goalkeeper for 23 games last season but was dropped for the final four games of that campaign, replaced by Ben Kennedy.

The arrival of new coach Phil Stubbins means the custodian position is up for grabs, but Kennedy’s prospects were not helped when he was unavailable for the trip to Mudgee because of illness.

Stubbins said he felt he had ‘‘two great goalkeepers’’ at his disposal but hinted that Birighitti had edged ahead in selection reckoning for the season-opener against the Mariners in Gosford on October 11.

‘‘He had a very strong game, Mark Birighitti,’’ Stubbins said yesterday.

‘‘He was one of our best performers on the day.

‘‘He’s played the last two games, Mark, but obviously Ben’s a terrific keeper as well.

‘‘But in terms of momentum in terms of the start of the season ... it’s untimely for Ben that he was sick and Mark’s played a strong game.

‘‘To be chopping and changing this close to the start of the campaign is something we would have to debate.’’

Saturday’s result was notable because Newcastle kept a clean sheet for the first time since Stubbins took charge, after losses to Perth, Brisbane and Sydney and last week’s 2-1 win against Wellington.

Stubbins rested skipper Kew Jaliens on Saturday and a new-look back four of Sam Gallaway, Sam Gallagher, Allan Welsh and Scott Neville contained the Mariners.

Newcastle started with a midfield comprising Jeronimo on the right and David Carney on the left, with Taylor Regan and Jacob Pepper anchoring the middle. Ecuadorean international Edson Montano started up front, with Joel Griffiths behind him in support, and they were replaced by Jeronimo and Marcos Flores in the second half.

Stubbins said Newcastle’s pre-season campaign had been challenging because injuries meant his team had ‘‘a different chemistry’’ in each trial game, but keeping the Mariners scoreless was an encouraging sign.

‘‘Central Coast were probably the dominant team in the first half but we made some observations at half-time and, to their credit, our players put that into practice in the second half,’’ Stubbins said.

‘‘The first 30 minutes of the second half I thought we dominated, and to keep a clean sheet was great for us.’’

Newcastle’s last official pre-season hit-out will be against the Young Socceroos at Gosford this weekend, although Stubbins will also hold intra-club practice matches to prepare for the first round.

BK Loving fanboys on suicide watch

la bazzle
22-09-2014, 12:12 PM
No mention of who won in the beep test

GazFish35
22-09-2014, 12:36 PM
I just hope he cares enough to be phased about his performance in a derby,

pv4
22-09-2014, 12:46 PM
Thought Biraz was good against the Mariners youth on Saturday. Made a couple of good saves. Although a few did seem routine that he turned into diving speccys, but anyway.

Distrubited from the ground really well at times too.

plague
22-09-2014, 01:02 PM
So by applauding Biraz and his clean sheet you are also saying the Galloway, Gallagher and some bloke called Al must be picked for round 1 as well.
You are also saying they should sack the strikers because we didn't score any goals.

In summary:
MFKS and pv4 are pro-Galloway and anti-Griff.

You pair of Gypos are a disgrace.

Stubbins out.

GazFish35
22-09-2014, 01:30 PM
I just hope ccm play the same bunch of kids and trialists

pv4
22-09-2014, 01:37 PM
So by applauding Biraz and his clean sheet you are also saying the Galloway, Gallagher and some bloke called Al must be picked for round 1 as well.
You are also saying they should sack the strikers because we didn't score any goals.

In summary:
MFKS and pv4 are pro-Galloway and anti-Griff.

You pair of Gypos are a disgrace.

Stubbins out.

:rof: I said Biraz had good moments during the game, and didn't even make mention to a clean sheet or anything else. Settle down m8.

plague
22-09-2014, 02:05 PM
:rof: I said Biraz had good moments during the game, and didn't even make mention to a clean sheet or anything else. Settle down m8.

Fair point. The good Member was the one adding 2 + 2 and getting Alex Wilkinson and I think you just got caught up in my initial fury.

Not completely off the hook though pv4. I'm monitoring your metadata for any Gypo 'chatter'.

Be alert not alarmed.

Blackmac79
22-09-2014, 05:52 PM
Birraz was most definately fazed in mudgee.

furns
22-09-2014, 06:26 PM
Birraz was most definately fazed in mudgee.
This

WolfMan
24-09-2014, 02:49 AM
Bright lights, big city and all that...

If he produces when it counts, I'll take notice.

plague
11-10-2014, 08:05 PM
Bump.

Wassup lads?

hawk
11-10-2014, 08:07 PM
not bizzzy enough

sh10
11-10-2014, 11:40 PM
Was pretty good up until the goal. One moment of switching off can cost you the game as a keeper :(

GazFish35
11-10-2014, 11:44 PM
Listening the Aaron Kearney on the way home they were talkning about hearing a whistle as the ball came in. This might explain why they all stopped.

plague
11-10-2014, 11:54 PM
Listening the Aaron Kearney on the way home they were talkning about hearing a whistle as the ball came in. This might explain why they all stopped.

Gypos didn't stop.

MFKS
12-10-2014, 12:06 AM
FFS

No mention of no dive yet??

GazFish35
12-10-2014, 12:08 AM
No doubt. I'm still not sure why an unphased keeper wouldn't come and contest the ball in his six yard box. At that range the only way your gonna save a header on target is if it's straight at you. Go and punch the thing, even it means cleaning up your player and messing up your hair.

evolution
12-10-2014, 01:16 AM
Exactly. In the 92nd minute against your biggest rival you don't wait for the ball to make it's way to you. Attack the ball and make sure it's as far away from you as possible!

Watching the replay just after the ball is kicked Birraz is standing almost on the 6 yard line.

http://i.imgur.com/uNJPJ3w.jpg

He then back tracks and ends up being behind the goal line when Duke takes his shot.

http://i.imgur.com/O3bglra.jpg

I understand not wanting to be chipped but the ball came in from almost halfway. If a professional keeper can't judge the flight of a ball from that far out what hope do us Saturday arvo hacks have?

hawk
12-10-2014, 01:18 AM
BK would've have flapped that to safety

Jetmaster
12-10-2014, 10:15 AM
This is the bigges criticism of Birraz.....he does not command his area. Covic, Vuka, Theo would have gone for it.

More to keeping than shot stopping.

snake
12-10-2014, 10:30 AM
he's behind the goal line when the shot is taken ffs

Ranger-86
12-10-2014, 10:39 AM
I notice this thread wasnt bumped after he pulled of the one on one save. How selective are some memorys

WolfMan
12-10-2014, 11:35 AM
My 2c - thought he did well all game. Not willing to blame any 1 player for the goal. Just a clusterfvck

On to the next

GazFish35
12-10-2014, 05:48 PM
I notice this thread wasnt bumped after he pulled of the one on one save. How selective are some memorys
About as selective as some peoples memories of BK tbh.

sammydog
12-10-2014, 09:04 PM
My 2c - thought he did well all game. Not willing to blame any 1 player for the goal. Just a clusterfvck

On to the next

Yep, one moment where any number of players could have been blamed. On balance we played pretty good for 92 mins, switched off for 10sec and got punished.

Time to move onto the next game and throw some support behind the players for once.

Jetmaster
12-10-2014, 09:14 PM

Read my previous post...he is a great shotstopper, but he gets lost in his area far too often.

hawk
21-10-2014, 08:36 PM
better effort v City. That diving punch off villas boot was guts. edit may have been with his head lol

Thomas477
21-10-2014, 08:52 PM
better effort v City. That diving punch off villas boot was guts.

Wasn't it with his head?

football_macigian23
21-10-2014, 11:28 PM
Wasn't it with his head?

It was with his head.. Great effort

plague
26-10-2014, 09:07 PM
Great flapping for the fourth today.
Serious though how shit is BK huh.

MFKS
27-10-2014, 01:58 PM
Serious though how shit is BK huh.

After watching BK play Yoof last week and he stood still and watched a shot from 30m go past him and into the net cause he had NFI where his goal was I am content putting up with Birraz's occasional blunder.

:roflz:

plague
27-10-2014, 02:15 PM
Birraz's occasional blunder.

If you pulled a root as 'occasionally' as that you'd be Don Juan himself.

Bon
27-10-2014, 02:20 PM

The scary bit is, that there wasn't even a flap..
I'm not a goalkeeper (well, not since Mo-town under 7s), but I would have thought that if you come running out and are actually allowed to use your arms, that you would at least get em up and out there?

belchardo
27-10-2014, 02:21 PM
The scary bit is, that there wasn't even a flap..
I'm not a goalkeeper (well, not since Mo-town under 7s), but I would have thought that if you come running out and are actually allowed to use your arms, that you would at least get em up and out there?

he left it for kew. kew left it for birra. comedy capers. (pretty sure it was that goal)

GazFish35
27-10-2014, 02:30 PM
he left it for kew.

keeper coming out should always take the ball from a defender coming back towards goal.

belchardo
27-10-2014, 02:45 PM
not saying he was right, just saying how I saw it. and for the record, he should have punched it so hard that it would still be going up.

lquiquer
27-10-2014, 03:02 PM
not saying he was right, just saying how I saw it. and for the record, he should have punched it so hard that it would still be going up.

Like the one he punched in the first half... the one he could have easy caught

belchardo
27-10-2014, 03:45 PM
Like the one he punched in the first half... the one he could have easy caught

I thought the same thing at the time, but thinking about it now, I don't have a problem with punching when you're uncertain.

thinking further on the matter, we clearly have a communication problem in the back line (not saying it is or isn't birra's fault). can recall a couple of instances in the previous matches where Neville has hoofed it out for a corner/throw in cause he thought he was under pressure when he had metres of clear grass around him. add that to all our dodgy defending and I'm wondering if they've all forgotten how to yell.

Newy
29-10-2014, 07:49 PM
I thought the same thing at the time, but thinking about it now, I don't have a problem with punching when you're uncertain.

thinking further on the matter, we clearly have a communication problem in the back line (not saying it is or isn't birra's fault). can recall a couple of instances in the previous matches where Neville has hoofed it out for a corner/throw in cause he thought he was under pressure when he had metres of clear grass around him. add that to all our dodgy defending and I'm wondering if they've all forgotten how to yell.

Birraz out.. Has had a hand in a goal all 3 games now.
Front post vs city.
Doesn't claim against Mariners
And doesn't claim against Wellington.
How many more blunders

MFKS
29-10-2014, 08:31 PM
Birraz out.. Has had a hand in a goal all 3 games now.
Front post vs city.
Doesn't claim against Mariners
And doesn't claim against Wellington.
How many more blunders

Considering his blunder count for the year actually sits at 1 and the rest of them you are just full of shit blaming him when he ain't at fault probably not.

Also did anyone mention last time BK played NYL he just stood still and watched a ball go straight past him from 30 yards as he had NFI where his goal was.

Yeah that was a bigger **** up than Birrazs howler at the weekend but seen by 100 or so people and the coaching staff who count

Jetmaster
29-10-2014, 09:42 PM
It's not just the blunders....he is getting found out and looking less confident every game.

Would take Vukovic over Birraz tomorrow.

Newy
30-10-2014, 09:33 AM
Considering his blunder count for the year actually sits at 1 and the rest of them you are just full of shit blaming him when he ain't at fault probably not.

Also did anyone mention last time BK played NYL he just stood still and watched a ball go straight past him from 30 yards as he had NFI where his goal was.

Yeah that was a bigger **** up than Birrazs howler at the weekend but seen by 100 or so people and the coaching staff who count

I counted 3 blunders???
Surely claims against the coast in the 94th min in 6 yard box... At least punch away...

2 -- gets a good hand to villas shot at the near post but hand is simply not strong enough.

3.. Lack of communication when again he should of claimed or punched away against the nix

Jeterpool
30-10-2014, 09:54 AM

I counted 3 blunders???
Surely claims against the coast in the 94th min in 6 yard box... At least punch away...

2 -- gets a good hand to villas shot at the near post but hand is simply not strong enough.

3.. Lack of communication when again he should of claimed or punched away against the nix

What are you both calling blunders? That might help.

GazFish35
30-10-2014, 10:27 AM
It's pretty obvious to any keen observer that all the goals weve conceeded this season have been BK's fault.

Newy
30-10-2014, 10:30 AM
What are you both calling blunders? That might help.

A regulation save of what Is expected by a full time professional goal keeper that has resulted in the opponent scoring a goal.

Blunder 1.... V CCM... 93RD... LONG BALL OFF A FREE KICK - striker gets a touch inside the 6 yrd box... (for me the keepers domain)- Mariners Win (cost 2 points)-- regardless of Taylor not being strong enough the gk should clear the area.
Blunder 2... Vs Melbourne City... David villa striker -- from outside the box... Birraz reacts decently and gets there.. however hand isn't strong enough.. resulting in being beaten at near stick..and earning City a draw.. (cost 2 points)
Blunder 3.. vs The nix... Communication and comes out flapping again resulting in a nix goal.. (no points cost)

In total 3 blunders in 3 games.. resulting in 4 points dropped already.

My opinion.

furthermore....

If that was Bk.. the whole forum would be up in arms.... at least he cares.

Grimario
30-10-2014, 10:38 AM
If that was Bk.. the whole forum would be up in arms.... at least he cares.

Biraz isn't phased because he is better than our tinpot club, destined for greatness and let down by the shambolic play of 7 or so people in front of him.

BK cares because he knows that being a second choice keeper at the shittest club in the league is his greatest ever achievement and it really hurts when he sometimes gets dropped to youth to watch goals get pinged in from 40m without moving a muscle.

hawk
30-10-2014, 10:44 AM
biraz needs more fisting

GazFish35
30-10-2014, 10:45 AM
At least we arent agruing about the natural talents of Craig Carter

Grimario
30-10-2014, 10:45 AM
biraz needs more fisting

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/71/Doublethefist.jpg

MFKS
30-10-2014, 11:33 AM
I counted 3 blunders???

The one against the Nix Sure as shit has us at 1

The effort V heart to blame him is poor form.

When the ball richocheted off Roundabout only two blokes on the park reacted. One was Villa who smashed a low first time shot with some power. The second was Birraz who actually done ever so well to get down and get something on it. To blame him for it still going in is a ridiculous call. The time he had to react was minute and he done what he could. It went in. Credit goes to the world class finish of Villa. Be the equivalent to blaming some bloke fielding in slips for dropping a low diving effort with one hand that comes at pace> Sometimes they stick sometimes they don't.

As for Gypos you are clutching at straws. Ohh the ball ended up where he started is irrelevant. The bloke made the decision not to come very early and headed back to his line. Where the ball ended up after that is irrelevant. It is then up to his defenders in front to clear. The defenders failed to man up and do their job.

If you want to split hairs that way we then blame Kew Jaliens for Nix's 3rd goal. His decision to leave his man to close down Burns gave us no chance of not conceding when he didn't get close enough to Burns to prevent the pass to McGlinchey who had a 6 yard tap in. Sticking with his man the odds were higher they don't score as Burns still has to beat the keeper keep it between the posts and under the crossbar which ain't his strong point!!! but Kew took the keeper out of play with his decision.

Rather Harsh to blame Kew cause if he let Burns run in on goals and shoot the lynch mob would be after him as well.

The bashing that this bloke is copping is ****ing ridiculous. Sure he has work to do on his ability at crosses. The bloke is 23 years old and has a long ****ing career ahead to get there.

I suppose next time one tucks one in just inside the post he will be crucified for not leaning against the post whilst rolling a cigarette and playing the banjo and being in the centre of his goal and not getting there

Get the **** off his case

Jeterpool
30-10-2014, 12:09 PM
I swear the Herald are reading these comments and posting articles on the main theme discussed each day.

Tuesday we're talking about the team showing some balls - Wednesday Baartz calls to arms.

Wednesday we're talking about Birraz - today, Stubbins comes out telling the fans to get off his back.

Today, let's talk about the fact Flores hasn't contributed to any goals yet. Lets see how we go.

Newy
30-10-2014, 12:19 PM
At least we arent agruing about the natural talents of Craig Carter

now theres a keeper.

Newy
30-10-2014, 12:23 PM
The one against the Nix Sure as shit has us at 1

When the ball richocheted off Roundabout only two blokes on the park reacted. One was Villa who smashed a low first time shot with some power. The second was Birraz who actually done ever so well to get down and get something on it. To blame him for it still going in is a ridiculous call. The time he had to react was minute and he done what he could. It went in. Credit goes to the world class finish of Villa. Be the equivalent to blaming some bloke fielding in slips for dropping a low diving effort with one hand that comes at pace> Sometimes they stick sometimes they don't.

As for Gypos you are clutching at straws. Ohh the ball ended up where he started is irrelevant. The bloke made the decision not to come very early and headed back to his line. Where the ball ended up after that is irrelevant. It is then up to his defenders in front to clear. The defenders failed to man up and do their job.

If you want to split hairs that way we then blame Kew Jaliens for Nix's 3rd goal. His decision to leave his man to close down Burns gave us no chance of not conceding when he didn't get close enough to Burns to prevent the pass to McGlinchey who had a 6 yard tap in. Sticking with his man the odds were higher they don't score as Burns still has to beat the keeper keep it between the posts and under the crossbar which ain't his strong point!!! but Kew took the keeper out of play with his decision.

Rather Harsh to blame Kew cause if he let Burns run in on goals and shoot the lynch mob would be after him as well.

The bashing that this bloke is copping is ****ing ridiculous. Sure he has work to do on his ability at crosses. The bloke is 23 years old and has a long ****ing career ahead to get there.

I suppose next time one tucks one in just inside the post he will be crucified for not leaning against the post whilst rolling a cigarette and playing the banjo and being in the centre of his goal and not getting there

if I wanted to blame anyone else id be in there thread.. Thought this thread was about Birraz???

My opinion is.. all 3 should and could of been prevented from the goalkeeper...

Communication and commanding his area eliminates 1 and 3...
as for number 2.. agree.. he does get there.. but once his there.. he has to be good enough to be strong enough to save it.

MFKS
30-10-2014, 12:56 PM
I swear the Herald are reading these comments and posting articles on the main theme discussed each day.

Tuesday we're talking about the team showing some balls - Wednesday Baartz calls to arms.

Wednesday we're talking about Birraz - today, Stubbins comes out telling the fans to get off his back.

Today, let's talk about the fact Flores hasn't contributed to any goals yet. Lets see how we go.

Blame Couscous. Got to be him

plague
30-10-2014, 11:56 PM

Can't wait til the Caravan plays another slow crap pass to no one and the Member is all like "well, at least he tried."

Do, or do not.
There is no try.

That's some Yoda shit right there for you pal.

Premy
31-10-2014, 07:14 AM
Can't wait til the Caravan plays another slow crap pass to no one and the Member is all like "well, at least he tried."

Do, or do not.
There is no try.

Not to mention Gallaway, seems in the members eyes birraz can do no wrong.

MFKS
31-10-2014, 08:17 AM

Do, or do not.
There is no try.

Seriously Plague???

Your standards are slipping. I may have to rethink my comment on you being ahead of FR as the best poster on the Foz now :whistling:

This was my opinion on Roundabout on Tuesday

Caravella is shit

Always was and always will be not good enough for us.

If we were that desperate for a central mid then should have hit up Jobe to come back.

Least the bloke is Newy

Just don't buy the shit that it is the keepers fault everytime the opposition scores. Half the shit people are coming up with to slam Birraz is alleged evidence of failing with the advent of hindsight and video replays and slow motion etc

Last weekend for the first 92 mins he done a pretty fine ****ing job.

His only crimes were to misplace a 50 yard pass by over hitting it a few yards which got a mention in the foz forum commentary as the game unfolded.
RATHER HARSH when the blokes in front can't hit a 5 yard pass to a teammate most of the time

The other was to punch a ball he could have caught. Considering he punched the thing 40 yards from goal to the sideline allowing his defence to reorganise then there is really **** all concern yet still he cops criticism.

****s up in the 93rd minute to concede a goal that mattered little to the result and he cops a hammering. The rest of the blokes in front of him that displayed constant ineptness for the first 92 mins that cost us the game are spared from the blame but it is all Birraz's ****ing fault FMD

plague
31-10-2014, 08:42 AM
Just don't buy the shit that it is the keepers fault everytime the opposition scores. Half the shit people are coming up with to slam Birraz is alleged evidence of failing with the advent of hindsight and video replays and slow motion etc

Last weekend for the first 92 mins he done a pretty fine ****ing job.

His only crimes were to misplace a 50 yard pass by over hitting it a few yards which got a mention in the foz forum commentary as the game unfolded.
RATHER HARSH when the blokes in front can't hit a 5 yard pass to a teammate most of the time

The other was to punch a ball he could have caught. Considering he punched the thing 40 yards from goal to the sideline allowing his defence to reorganise then there is really **** all concern yet still he cops criticism.

****s up in the 93rd minute to concede a goal that mattered little to the result and he cops a hammering. The rest of the blokes in front of him that displayed constant ineptness for the first 92 mins that cost us the game are spared from the blame but it is all Birraz's ****ing fault FMD

Member, this is exactly why I'm your favourite poster.

Bon
31-10-2014, 09:17 AM

As "simple" a ball that it looked to catch, also need to take in to consideration the conditions on the day.. It had been raining and was windy as fvck.. Keepers are taught to play it safe, so as baffled as I was with it at the time, I think the big punch was the safest option for him..
As you said MFAW, for the first 92 minutes, he wasnt bad..

Blackmac79
31-10-2014, 10:11 AM
Why are we satisfied with players not being bad? It's not good either.

Bon
31-10-2014, 10:13 AM

Being "not bad", compared to 90% of our other players on the field who were "steaming piles of dogshit" could be considered a good thing?

Grimario
31-10-2014, 10:13 AM

Maybe if we make that first step to our players not being bad, we can scrape into the top 6 and get knocked out the first week of finals. Then when we hit our stride and start being good, we can aim to make top 4!

Blackmac79
31-10-2014, 10:21 AM
Nah. Birraz was lucky he had his giggling groupies at the shops with him the other day. Just seeing his smug face shopping at 12pm instead of being on the paddock fixing his **** ups made my blood boil.

****ing shape up or ship out.

Grimario
31-10-2014, 10:35 AM

Great, squad of 3 under the Blackmack regime.

Blackmac79
31-10-2014, 11:09 AM
Great, squad of 3 under the Blackmack regime.

Yeh Ok, Where else in the world would players be able to play with such disregard for the team they play for?

I don't mind the losing it's the not giving a shit that gets me. Birraz is one of those that don't give a flying ****.

Grimario
31-10-2014, 11:22 AM
Yeh Ok, Where else in the world would players be able to play with such disregard for the team they play for?

I don't mind the losing it's the not giving a shit that gets me. Birraz is one of those that don't give a flying ****.

Not disagreeing with you in the slightest. But I reckon HAL in general is a good place for people that don't give a flying ****. Salary floor means shit players get overpaid so why would you try making a fist of it if you can be shit, not give a shit and get paid a shitload for shit all?

MFKS
31-10-2014, 11:29 AM
Nah. Birraz was lucky he had his giggling groupies at the shops with him the other day. Just seeing his smug face shopping at 12pm instead of being on the paddock fixing his **** ups made my blood boil.

But his **** ups are not down to his inability to deal with the high ball at all.

It is not his abilities with handling the ball in the air it is actually that are the problem it is actually his decision making that needs to improve. The decision when to come and when not to come. This unfortunately requires experience confidence and time to master. No couple of hour session during the week at training will fix it. All the training in the world this week on it ain't gonna fix it in a week

He also gets himself into trouble when he tries to play as sweeper. Many times he comes when he shouldn't and gets caught short once again something that he will master in time.

Last weekend he made the decision to come for a cross and I reckon the thing going through his head whilst the ball was half way across was FAAAAAAAARRRRRRRKKKKKKK. He knew he had made the wrong call well before it landed on Duras head. Problem was damage was done.

You want to keep finding fault with the goal lets also examine our captains effort with the goal where he proceeded to stop running and gave up on the ball yet if he had kept going may have spared Birraz's blushes by winning the ball from Dura. No he just stopped still like he missed the bus going past and gave Dura a free header.

Yep there were many who made mistakes last week but lets just hammer the keeper for ****ing up in the last minute when the game was already over despite his error doing damage only to those who had money on the Nix to win by 2 or by a 3-1 margin and not hold the rest of the side accountable with the same scope for their **** ups when the game was available for us to compete and win

Jeterpool
31-10-2014, 11:30 AM
I've got to challenge you on that Blackmac. While you may have gained that perception by the actions you've seen on the field, Birrighitti hasn't come out and said he doesn't give a shit. I will say, however, that as professionals they are watched intently and should be more aware of their behaviors and actions because it can be perceived in various ways whether that was their intent or not.

Sure, we can talk about phase-gate again but we all know they were poorly chosen words and not the intent of the message he was trying to send to the fans.

And lets be realistic- the bloke has to have a life outside football too. If he'd been out on the training field at 12:00pm the last few days I'd be questioning the mentality of the coaches training him in the middle of the day heat!

Grimario
31-10-2014, 11:33 AM
Birrighitti hasn't come out and said he doesn't give a shit

Not phased.

That's the only counter argument that needs to be made.

Jeterpool
31-10-2014, 11:45 AM
Not phased.

That's the only counter argument that needs to be made.

As I said, poorly chosen words and not the intent of what he was trying to say.

MFKS
31-10-2014, 11:49 AM

Precisely. There was actually very little wrong with what he said with that tweet.

All he said was he wasn't gonna allow the **** up V the Gypos get him down and wanted to move on from it.

Problem is the way people are twisting it to suit an agenda by taking it in a certain context.

Jeterpool
31-10-2014, 11:56 AM
Precisely. There was actually very little wrong with what he said with that tweet.

All he said was he wasn't gonna allow the **** up V the Gypos get him down and wanted to move on from it.

Problem is the way people are twisting it to suit an agenda by taking it in a certain context.

Yep. A rightly so he was dropped for the next game and subsequently the rest of the season. He's since impressed and regained his position.

Grimario
31-10-2014, 12:16 PM

I never let facts get in the way of keeping myself entertained while at work :yes:

GazFish35
31-10-2014, 12:20 PM

just like coming off his line and creating confusion with kew was a poorly chosen course of action that lead to the goal.... which was not his intention.
OR
retreating from the free-kick instead of dominating his 6 yr box was a poor choose that lead to an uninteneded outcome.

he ****ed up, his actions were held to account by fans, just like any other player, oe any other goalkeeper.

joel31
31-10-2014, 11:48 PM

What is this? Sense from MFKS?

WolfMan
01-11-2014, 08:49 AM
To be fair, what are players supposed to do when in sub-par form? They can't mope around on request. Let's just wait and see how it shakes out.

GazFish35
01-11-2014, 09:03 AM
To be fair, what are players supposed to do when in sub-par form? They can't mope around on request. Let's just wait and see how it shakes out.

It's been shaking out for four seasons

WolfMan
01-11-2014, 03:24 PM
Point taken. But players are human, and have every right to display varying emotions at a given time. They can't be expected to hang their head in shame between games. Move on, learn from your errors and do better.

Blackmac79
01-11-2014, 03:42 PM
Point taken. But players are human, and have every right to display varying emotions at a given time. They can't be expected to hang their head in shame between games. Move on, learn from your errors and do better.

Thats not happening though....

The Dunster
01-11-2014, 04:01 PM
His attitude has been shit since the day arrived - that's why I don't support him.
Before he'd even played a game for us he essentially said I can't get a game at Adelaide but Ben Kennedy is shit so I'll come to Newcastle where I'll be assured of a game due to being more marketable.

But get used to him because while he's fooled a few here he's not fooling any overseas clubs.

weston
01-11-2014, 04:52 PM
Birighitti has the potential to be a great keeper. At the moment he is not top a league quality. He has his great moment and he has his bad.

What the club needs is an experienced goalkeeper between the sticks to give the club more success and Birighitti could learn a thing or two. Someone like Galekovic as a minimal standard.

Not sure birrazz would stick around long if we got someone like just mentioned.

Premy
01-11-2014, 05:02 PM
How the heck did this slip through the cracks

Blackmac79
01-11-2014, 05:03 PM

I think Fish has him on block so didn't see it. I just don't read the longer posts anymore.

Don't know what the rest of your excuses are.

Premy
01-11-2014, 05:09 PM
I think Fish has him on block so didn't see it. I just don't read the longer posts anymore.

Don't know what the rest of your excuses are.
Que the inevitable long winding post that backtracks on the original post to basically say nothing at all.

Premy
01-11-2014, 05:10 PM
:sparring:

:popcorn:

Blackmac79
01-11-2014, 05:12 PM
I think I am just most surprised the member supports birraz. seems like the kind of bloke the member loves to hate.

MFKS
01-11-2014, 05:37 PM
Que the inevitable long winding post that backtracks on the original post to basically say nothing at all.

There won't be no back tracking from me on Birraz.

The bloke has some issues to work on with his game. No surprise there he is young and inexperienced.

The bloke though is a very good shot stopper and has the balls to put his head on the line to dive at the feet of an attacker when needed without giving a second thought about preserving his hair or his face.

Add this to much better decision making skills and the bloke will be spending 10 plus years playing in Europe and competing for Socceroos No 1 spot.

It is this decision making stuff that is holding him back from securing a move to Europe.

I am just firmly of the opinion that Birraz is a much better keeper all round and will always be a much better keeper than BK.

If his rival for the No 1 was not a local I seriously doubt we would be having this discussion. Some of the shit talked abut Birraz and his attitude and that he couldn't care less is a ****ing disgrace when 99% of blokes here would have NFI.

I also find it disgraceful that other than Taylor Reegz and Hooley there are about 5-6 locals in the squad who to me look like they don't ****ing care enough on the park about representing their fans and their hometown. Where the **** is the passion from them??

Considering our squad is basically a transient lounge year to year most of the locals are the longest serving players at the club. Where the **** is the culture from them about being all Newy and aiming up for the town etc???

When they ain't doing it is a bit much to expect the players bought in from outside the Hunter to have a greater passion for the cause. It is a disgrace that the bloke who shows the most passion for our club and fans has spent 5 years away walking the earth and in 30 mins of his comeback could show more passion for the cause than these blokes have in their combined ****ing careers

Premy
01-11-2014, 05:49 PM
I think you missed what I was saying.
Hold here for a second while I get you a mirror

Did you get it that time:tongue:

The Dunster
01-11-2014, 06:02 PM
The member has replaced Kale Bradbury with another lost cause. Not surprising.

plague
01-11-2014, 06:03 PM
the bloke will be spending 10 plus years playing in Europe and competing for Socceroos No 1 spot.

Is this before of after Tarek is playing state league within 12 months of leaving us?
Just trying to get my "proposterus Member predictions" timeline up to date.

MFKS
01-11-2014, 06:14 PM
Is this before of after Tarek is playing state league within 12 months of leaving us?
Just trying to get my "proposterus Member predictions" timeline up to date.Some of your finest work:wink:

Jeterpool
01-11-2014, 06:46 PM

He was agreeing with me so I certainly wasn't stopping it!

Thomas477
01-11-2014, 07:15 PM
Let's be honest, we should have done everything we could to sign Covic when he was a free agent after Melbourne.

hawk
02-11-2014, 01:34 PM
Let's be honest, we should have done everything we could to sign Covic when he was a free agent after Melbourne.

yep

The Dunster
02-11-2014, 03:41 PM
Covic would never be stupid enough to sign with this abortion of a club again - regardless of what false promises they made to him.

GazFish35
09-11-2014, 07:58 PM
http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/match-centre/match-recap?matchid=HAL2014-150503NEWMVC

He has the yips.

First ball into the box in this clip, he retreats from the contest to his line....
The worst one is at 1:30 when Milligan heads over. Birraz comes, gets to the 6' then back pedals to his line.
Milligan wins header, from the spot birraz retreated from and luckily blazes over.

He's a good shot stopper, but it looks like opposition teams have found a weakness and are exploiting it.
The number of goals were leaking might suggest there's some communications issue happening too.

Thomas477
09-11-2014, 08:51 PM
Phil Dando made the great point after the game that maybe Young should be spending more time working on this for Birraz.

Birraz is still far better than Kennedy aka Mr Statue.

MFKS
09-11-2014, 08:54 PM
http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/match-centre/match-recap?matchid=HAL2014-150503NEWMVC

The number of goals were leaking might suggest there's some communications issue happening too.

The number of goals we have conceeded in the last 2 weeks has to do with the ****ing idiots in front of him. Yesterday he comes out does well and denies Berisha after the blokes in front left him high and dry. When the ball comes back in not one of them helped him out. What Neville was doing beats me. FFS First to the ball in the box has to be a necessity

Second goal the bloke had Berisha bearing down on him and Berisha was too good.

Other than this petty criticism you are offering up over a cross that you felt he dealt with poorly the bloke has done **** all wrong all day

As for that cross heres another point that to me is more pressing.
What the **** were the other blokes doing allowing 3-4 blokes to be unmarked???

If Milligan hadn't of headed it there was another bloke behind him who was getting it

Must be Birraz's fault that

GazFish35
09-11-2014, 09:50 PM
The number of goals we have conceeded in the last 2 weeks has to do with the ****ing idiots in front of him. Yesterday he comes out does well and denies Berisha after the blokes in front left him high and dry. When the ball comes back in not one of them helped him out. What Neville was doing beats me. FFS First to the ball in the box has to be a necessity

Other than this petty criticism you are offering up over a cross that you felt he dealt with poorly the bloke has done **** all wrong all day

As for that cross heres another point that to me is more pressing.
What the **** were the other blokes doing allowing 3-4 blokes to be unmarked???

If Milligan hadn't of headed it there was another bloke behind him who was getting it

Must be Birraz's fault that

Not suggesting all the fault with errors at the back lie with Birraz. no argument he's been let down on a few occasions..... I haven't picked him as at fault for the goals. He closed well for the first and was unlucky his save went straight back to the attacker to centre for an unmarked player, and Berisha hit the second 3 inches wide of birraz's right foot..... Low and close is the hardest spot to get to.

But, as a goalkeeper he has to command his 6 yard box aerially far better than he has been and that he's been guilty of retreating from a contest in that area a number of times this season. with 10 goals conceded in 5 games there's evidence that communication amongst the back 5 is an issue.... Communication at the back starts and end with the keeper.

Call it petty if you feel you must, I see it as a technical point present in his game over a series of weeks that he needs to improve on.

I do take your point that if Milligan doesn't win the header another other Victree player would have, highlighting the back 4 not doing their job properly. Totally agree, but it doesn't absolve birraz..... If anything that one instance highlights both my points, if birraz dominates that area of his 6, no defender or attacker win the ball, he does. if he's communicating strongly there's no confusion leading to defenders dropping away from their man while he's heading back to the line.

You said yourself, "FFS First to the ball in the box has to be a necessity" when talking about Neville and their first.
The statement is doubly true when talking about a keeper and his 6yrd box when a ball is swung in.

MFKS
09-11-2014, 10:28 PM
Being that the bloke has been hammered for ****ing up at the Phoenix game the bloke is making his decisions early and sticking with them.

He has got his decisions right though.

When he has come he has got to it. When he has chose to stay back he has went back. We have seen no errors from him since.

Being that he has a fraction of a second to assess the ball flight to make this decision I struggle to see how criticism can be made of him for not guessing the exact spot on the park the ball will drop well before it has arrived.

This example you have used actually has the ball land 8 yards out to Milligan so a case could be argued it isn't a case of a lack of command of his 6 yard box at all as it has nothing to do with coming into his zone.

He has made the call to go back and let his defenders deal with it. Why the expectation that he has to deal with it single handedly??
The responsibility to deal with the ball is either his or the defenders. He has assessed it and left them to deal with it and they have let him down.

Sure we would all love him to be coming out and seizing every ball in the box but he has just copped a caning for ****ing up and he ain't coming out for anything at present he ain't certain of getting and who can blame him. Another **** up and he is riding the pine.

I struggle to understand the excessive expectation on him. The bloke would have been told to cut the errors out by keeping it simple and getting the decisions right and making them early.

He has been doing that

Why the over the top scrutinisation for issues that barely or don't exist???

plague
09-11-2014, 11:34 PM
. What Neville was doing beats me. FFS First to the ball in the box has to be a necessity

From my view (and backed up by replay) Nev looks at Kew who initially was going back to mark the bloke on the spot. Nev then goes to the line to clear any shot. Then Kew heads out to the bloke putting the cross in but gets caught half way cause it bounces over him as he's advancing. By then Nev was on his heels to protect the line and could do nowt about the header.
Neither goal were Biraz's fault. Thought it was his best game this year.

GazFish35
09-11-2014, 11:47 PM
Being that the bloke has been hammered for ****ing up at the Phoenix game the bloke is making his decisions early and sticking with them.

He has got his decisions right though.

When he has come he has got to it. When he has chose to stay back he has went back. We have seen no errors from him since.

Being that he has a fraction of a second to assess the ball flight to make this decision I struggle to see how criticism can be made of him for not guessing the exact spot on the park the ball will drop well before it has arrived.

This example you have used actually has the ball land 8 yards out to Milligan so a case could be argued it isn't a case of a lack of command of his 6 yard box at all as it has nothing to do with coming into his zone.

He has made the call to go back and let his defenders deal with it. Why the expectation that he has to deal with it single handedly??
The responsibility to deal with the ball is either his or the defenders. He has assessed it and left them to deal with it and they have let him down.

Sure we would all love him to be coming out and seizing every ball in the box but he has just copped a caning for ****ing up and he ain't coming out for anything at present he ain't certain of getting and who can blame him. Another **** up and he is riding the pine.

I struggle to understand the excessive expectation on him. The bloke would have been told to cut the errors out by keeping it simple and getting the decisions right and making them early.

He has been doing that

Why the over the top scrutinisation for issues that barely or don't exist???

Have you watched that set piece again?
He came forward and changed his mind.
He should keep coming forward and win the ball. Changing his mind and retreating suggest he has the yips under a high ball.

He came to six, the ball dropped at 8 yards onto an attackers head.... Let's argue semantics again shall we?
His decision to come, then go back, can easily explain why the defenders didn't follow their man.... They saw their keeper coming.... Then he didn't.

The ball in that space has to be the keepers ball, for the simple reason that an attacker putting that on target leaves a keeper with no chance.... Like the ccm goal in rd1

Technical errors that have cost us points deserve scrutiny.
Just like strikers missing the target, or referees making obvious errors. But I'm not a striker or a referee so I'm hesitant to call technical points on positions I've no experience in.

MFKS
10-11-2014, 12:14 AM
The defenders should not have stopped what they were doing regardless to what the keeper does. They should be tracking their man at all times an getting goal side and when the ball gets to them to win getting the commitment level high enough to get in front and get the first touch. If the keeper comes out and barrels them then so be it. If the keeper stays on his line so be it.

To say the bloke has the Yips under the high ball is a harsh. Reality is he is only coming for balls he knows he can and will get. Its when he starts coming for balls he "may" get we have issues.

May have to adjust the expectations as the reality is things ain't changing soon. Birraz will not be coming for balls he ain't certain he is getting. That is how it is.

As you said technical errors that have cost us points deserve scrutiny.

Well this didn't cost us anything. The goal he gave to Durante despite the technical error has had a great deal of scrutiny despite the thing costing us nothing as we were losing the game anyway

To say the ball is the keepers in that area is a harsh call.

The reason that ball is effective is the defence are back pedalling and having to deal with it on the back foot. The Keeper doesn't wish to come to claim as it is a little far out of their comfort zone and then the attacking team are on the front foot moving at goal.

To think Birraz is any less of a keeper cause he ain't comfortable dealing with these type of balls is harsh when nearly every keeper on the planet has issues with this situation

Jetmaster
10-11-2014, 09:22 AM
I agree the whole issue with Birraz at the moment is his lack of aerial confidence. The problem started the middle of last season - see the video for corresponding game last season when he allowed a header three metres out as well as that farce against WSW.

The problem was identified then and does not seem to be remedied as yet as more and more opposition coaches see it. Of course not every goal is his fault but that is not the point.

There was one moment on Saturday when Coe claimed a high ball beyond the penalty spot - he dominated his box. He also took out Kew in the first half going for a high ball - again he dominated. Birraz doesn't do that and therein lies a problem that is ignored at our peril.

GazFish35
10-11-2014, 10:02 AM
The defenders should not have stopped what they were doing regardless to what the keeper does. They should be tracking their man at all times an getting goal side and when the ball gets to them to win getting the commitment level high enough to get in front and get the first touch. If the keeper comes out and barrels them then so be it. If the keeper stays on his line so be it.

To say the bloke has the Yips under the high ball is a harsh. Reality is he is only coming for balls he knows he can and will get. Its when he starts coming for balls he "may" get we have issues.

May have to adjust the expectations as the reality is things ain't changing soon. Birraz will not be coming for balls he ain't certain he is getting. That is how it is.

As you said technical errors that have cost us points deserve scrutiny.

Well this didn't cost us anything. The goal he gave to Durante despite the technical error has had a great deal of scrutiny despite the thing costing us nothing as we were losing the game anyway

To say the ball is the keepers in that area is a harsh call.

The reason that ball is effective is the defence are back pedalling and having to deal with it on the back foot. The Keeper doesn't wish to come to claim as it is a little far out of their comfort zone and then the attacking team are on the front foot moving at goal.

To think Birraz is any less of a keeper cause he ain't comfortable dealing with these type of balls is harsh when nearly every keeper on the planet has issues with this situation

issue is that he's now not coming for balls he should be.

if "only come when you know you can get it" allows a keeper to stay rooted on his goals..... or back pedall towards the goal line, I wish I had you as my coach.

BodyNovo
10-11-2014, 10:15 AM
give bk a go

sincerely bk fanboi

Pico
10-11-2014, 10:34 AM
issue is that he's now not coming for balls he should be.

if "only come when you know you can get it" allows a keeper to stay rooted on his goals..... or back pedall towards the goal line, I wish I had you as my coach.

I completely agree regarding Birraz and the fact he seems really unsure about when to come and when to stay. The instant on the weekend when he left his line got to where the ball ended up but he had retreated looked so awkward and for me showed he was not confident, which is weird as he’ll constantly go for a run and diving header outside his box but doesn’t seem comfortable claiming in the air in his 6 yard box. Combine that with the leap and no claim the other day, you’d think with all the practise the defence is getting in games that they’d be like a well-oiled machine. The problem could be as simple as having a lot of changes to the back configuration, first carney was in the back, then Gallagher, Welsh, Regan and now talk of Madaschi for Friday night.

I’m just hoping Birraz can get through this and get back to his best, cause based of the first few games we are going to need a better effort from the defensive unit as a whole to avoid the spoon.

la bazzle
14-11-2014, 10:42 PM
Poor bloke... Even haterz have to feel for him. It's like being sent to the slaughter house

Grimario
14-11-2014, 10:43 PM
Mistake free tonight and the equal most he has shipped. Almost nailed on the get dumped for bk given stubbins record.

belchardo
14-11-2014, 10:44 PM
Poor bloke... Even haterz have to feel for him. It's like being sent to the slaughter house

birraz tonight = bambi waiting to be shot by 11 hunters with elephant guns.

Jeterpool
14-11-2014, 11:16 PM
Mistake free tonight and the equal most he has shipped. Almost nailed on the get dumped for bk given stubbins record.

His saving was excellent. It prevented a cricket score. His distribution however was poor

Grimario
14-11-2014, 11:18 PM
His saving was excellent. It prevented a cricket score. His distribution however was poor

Getting closed down constantly and with zero options but to punt it... you are having a go at him for that?

Are you a BK fanboi in disguise? :gent:

The Dunster
14-11-2014, 11:20 PM
I have been critical in the past but not tonight. The kid gave it everything tonight and it might have been 8-0 were it not for some very good keeping.

Most importantly he actually looked like a bloke that cared unlike a few others out there.

Birraz in. He can hold his head high.

joel31
14-11-2014, 11:23 PM
I agree but as Grim said. Who was he to pass to. Players were poorly positioned to play out

Jeterpool
14-11-2014, 11:45 PM
Getting closed down constantly and with zero options but to punt it... you are having a go at him for that?

Are you a BK fanboi in disguise? :gent:

I agree but as Grim said. Who was he to pass to. Players were poorly positioned to play out

Yeah fair point. I'm pretty enraged at the moment so my judgement might be clouded somewhat.

Some of his sky ball punts were pretty crap though

MFKS
14-11-2014, 11:45 PM
As I am a known Birraz fanboi have to agree his distribution was pretty poor tonight. Rest of his game was pretty good though:whistling:

What does irritate me is that the blokes in front kept giving it to him and lots of the time needlessly. Considering he is having a bit of a rough night with the boot why keep giving him the ball when you don't have to??

Jetmaster
15-11-2014, 12:14 AM
Ordinary effort going feet first for the first goal....distribution, the worst since Reddy was here.

Couldn't do much for the the other goals though.

BK in.

GazFish35
15-11-2014, 01:41 AM
Solid.
Except for goal #1
And I think he found Brisbane feet less then out midfield so his distribution wasn't anything worse than others.

Newy
15-11-2014, 08:04 AM
Solid.
Except for goal #1
And I think he found Brisbane feet less then out midfield so his distribution wasn't anything worse than others.

His distribution was that of an all age player.... He kept kicking his goal kicks out?

Tommyjet
15-11-2014, 08:45 AM
Some immense saves but poor distribution. I don't think total blame needs to be attributed to birras tho. He was obviously told to hit griffs head but u can't just rely on doin that regularly, it was either kick it wide or to an incredibly isolated montano in the middle

Thomas477
15-11-2014, 09:48 AM
*whod then lose it and let brisbane counter.

Tbh, I would've done the same thing as Birraz, play it wide, hope to find a teammate, if not, at least its not in too dangerous a spot.

halo se7en
15-11-2014, 12:04 PM
*whod then lose it and let brisbane counter.

Tbh, I would've done the same thing as Birraz, play it wide, hope to find a teammate, if not, at least its not in too dangerous a spot.

He might have made some good saves, but are we naive to think distribution isn't just as important? Consistently kicking it out not only loses possession but it sucks the morale and confidence out of the rest of the players and even the fans. Obviously our midfield couldn't pass it to save themselves but at least they were under some pressure. There is no excuse for a keeper at that level to not be nailing their kicks, at worst 50% of the time. Christ Tom, even you managed to hit my head most of the times you aimed for it!

And the only reason Montano kept losing the ball is because Carney and Griffiths were hugging the sideline. If those two moved in and supported him, then it might have been a different story.

MFKS
15-11-2014, 12:44 PM
And the only reason Montano kept losing the ball is because Carney and Griffiths were hugging the sideline. If those two moved in and supported him, then it might have been a different story.

Although that is right the other issue is the lack of support from the 3 CM's most of the time they were bludging in front of the back four and not up in and around Montano Griff etc to win the deflection or get a tackle in and win the ball. Not exactly rocket science to work out where the ball is going from the long clearance yet not one of our CM's showed any interest in offering support to the front 3

Skirt Boy
15-11-2014, 01:04 PM
His distribution was that of an all age player.... He kept kicking his goal kicks out?

Don't besmirch AA's you ****. We are nowhere near as bad as that drivel that was dished up last night.

redwah
15-11-2014, 01:15 PM
Don't besmirch AA's you ****. We are nowhere near as bad as that drivel that was dished up last night.

Agree 100%. AA and o35's don't aim for the side line ever....its up the guts and let the glamour boys fight it out with the fullbacks....that's if you have someone that can kick it that far.

Thomas477
15-11-2014, 06:21 PM
He might have made some good saves, but are we naive to think distribution isn't just as important? Consistently kicking it out not only loses possession but it sucks the morale and confidence out of the rest of the players and even the fans. Obviously our midfield couldn't pass it to save themselves but at least they were under some pressure. There is no excuse for a keeper at that level to not be nailing their kicks, at worst 50% of the time. Christ Tom, even you managed to hit my head most of the times you aimed for it!

:pissup: Need you back at RM next year Mike :yap:

As for Carney and Griffo, they were playing as wingers, Montano needed to be supported by the two midfielders, not those two.

goaliepersempre
15-11-2014, 10:11 PM
Probably thought kicking the ball out was the best option to defend a ball from a throw in.... FFS players where not showing...

pretty sure the jets only know 1st phase footbal let alone 2nd.... wouldnt even know if they knew 3....

Was a good performance... Birraz in Number 1.

pv4
16-11-2014, 10:45 PM
There was one time he tried to throw it out and threw it straight into a brisbane player.

Some genius at the back of bay 60 was yelling out "hope that biraz hair wasn't messed up during that - BK in!" after the first goal :rof:

MFKS
16-11-2014, 11:01 PM
Just read through the shit on FB and the Herald from punters.

Can't believe the lack of intelligence from some of them that sees one of the biggest issues coming out of the game was Birraz hitting a few too many into touch.

No shit he did but FFS I could name a hundred more pressing matters than this that all had a bearing on the result

hawk
16-11-2014, 11:16 PM
Just read through the shit on FB and the Herald from punters.

Can't believe the lack of intelligence from some of them that sees one of the biggest issues coming out of the game was Birraz hitting a few too many into touch.

No shit he did but FFS I could name a hundred more pressing matters than this that all had a bearing on the result

lets get that down, go

GazFish35
16-11-2014, 11:56 PM
There was one time he tried to throw it out and threw it straight into a brisbane player.

Some genius at the back of bay 60 was yelling out "hope that biraz hair wasn't messed up during that - BK in!" after the first goal :rof:
He was near me.
Good guy.
Had a chat at halftime.

leftrightout
17-11-2014, 08:13 AM
He was near me.
Good guy.
Had a chat at halftime.

Over heard a couple of blokes arguing on the hill after the 4th goal. One old guy hating birraz and blaming him (god only knows how he was blaming him?), one young guy decided to pull him up on it and make him look like an idiot.
It really is amazing what some people see compared to others!

My2BobsWorth
18-11-2014, 05:28 PM
Birras nerves are more frayed than a 15yr olds penis, get BK back in.

Buddha
18-11-2014, 10:58 PM
Myself being a keeper believe he could of at least stretched out his arm fully for Henrique's 2nd and 3rd, rather than having a half assed effort, but that's just me picking at everything

Jetmaster
20-11-2014, 07:57 AM
Birras nerves are more frayed than a 15yr olds penis, get BK back in.

This...a short spell on the pine would do him good as he looks "fazed". And BK did not do much wrong in preseason.

Of course, when BK does get his chance Birraz Boiz will undoubtedly put his performance under scrutiny with the intensity of an ASIO enquiry.

BodyNovo
21-11-2014, 12:00 PM
BK Fanbois we did it.

BK BK BK

Jetmaster
21-11-2014, 12:12 PM
Yes - Phil must've got our petition !

roundballsarebetter
21-11-2014, 02:31 PM
Would of been 10.0 last week without him. Nice reward for a good game ey. Doesnt make sense if your going to drop him shouldof been done 3 weeks ago not after being our MOM last week.

Jetmaster
21-11-2014, 02:50 PM
Any goalkeeper can get MOM when your goal is under siege. Apart from saving an ordinary penalty and a couple of one on ones, what did he actually do so great last week?

plague
21-11-2014, 03:06 PM
we done it
http://www.abc.net.au/reslib/200901/r331745_1496920.jpg

GazFish35
21-11-2014, 03:43 PM
suspect under wide balls into the area...... where Juric scores his goals from.

is weird though that hes dropped after pretty decent showing last week (except for goal1)

plague
21-11-2014, 04:08 PM
Why drop him now?
Stubbins is dead set bonkers sometimes.

roundballsarebetter
21-11-2014, 04:41 PM
Any goalkeeper can get MOM when your goal is under siege. Apart from saving an ordinary penalty and a couple of one on ones, what did he actually do so great last week?

You cant win with some people. You just said yourself what he did so great unless you expect our GK to stop one v ones most people in the normal world expect strikers to score them.

howardyou
21-11-2014, 04:43 PM
WTF is Stubbsy thinking? His saves were the only ray of light on a dark day. Yes distribution was poor sometimes, but was also given very few options.

The Camel
21-11-2014, 05:50 PM
WTF is Stubbsy thinking? His saves were the only ray of light on a dark day. Yes distribution was poor sometimes, but was also given very few options.

Agreed. Great to hear he's being replaced by a bloke who would not get a reserve keeper contract for any other club in the A league. Bk is ****ing shit

Nou Camp
21-11-2014, 06:10 PM
why doesnt Bk ever get picked for the socceroos or a league all stars team if hes that good?

GazFish35
21-11-2014, 06:33 PM
The bk hate is ridiculous. And is exactly why I pick at birraz's performances. Both need to be held to same standard.
Trouble is though, the bk haters say hes shit despite not having seen him play, and use birraz's rep selection as evidence he's better and his errors can be ignored.

Bk finished the season well last year.
Birraz has been solid but has had consistent errors in some areas of his game.

Both deserve our support. Both deserve critique.

"Bk is shit" because he had a bad run of form about 4 years ago, and "birraz is da greatest" cos he played for the allstarz is hardly a fair comparison.

Birraz weaknesses - distribution, communication when defence is stretched and crosses in the "zone of uncertainty"
Bk weaknesses - reflex saves, communication in crowded situations and positioning on set pieces.

Birraz strengths - one on one he stays on his feet and doesn't commit early, reflex saves, penalties at home v roar
Bk strengths - communication when defence is stretched, distribution, dealing with crosses, penalties away v goals coast.

plague
21-11-2014, 07:47 PM
Cant wait til The Stubby Bus names Jacob Pepper as our 'kepper tomorrow.
**** all y'all arguments up.

plague
21-11-2014, 07:55 PM
No need to shit stir lets just deal with reality :tongue:

Birraz is a heaps better keeper than BK every day of the week ending in Y

Hey Member, long way to travel to watch youth league this week huh?

21-11-2014, 08:07 PM
why doesnt Bk ever get picked for the socceroos or a league all stars team if hes that good?

Needs to do more selfies, care more about his hair and the amount of hair gel used and give Youngy better hugs after a warm up session.

MFKS
21-11-2014, 10:25 PM
Hey Member, long way to travel to watch youth league this week huh?
Mate the way these dumb ****s run our club can't say I am really surprised.

Blokes crime last week having an average night with the boot. Doesn't **** up and give the ball away but hoofs it into touch all night. Big deal really thats how you want your keeper making errors with his feet by putting it to safety

Makes a handful of saves to keep the score down so we drop him. Go ****ing figure what ****ing insanity ideas these dumb ****s at the club making the decisions come up with. I am at a loss following their logic

I take it the other 9 inept ****s(griff excluded) who were in front of him and done sweet **** all all game are playing this week??

plague
21-11-2014, 11:45 PM
Mate the way these dumb ****s run our club can't say I am really surprised.

Blokes crime last week having an average night with the boot. Doesn't **** up and give the ball away but hoofs it into touch all night. Big deal really thats how you want your keeper making errors with his feet by putting it to safety

Makes a handful of saves to keep the score down so we drop him. Go ****ing figure what ****ing insanity ideas these dumb ****s at the club making the decisions come up with. I am at a loss following their logic

I take it the other 9 inept ****s(griff excluded) who were in front of him and done sweet **** all all game are playing this week??

FWIW I 100% agree Biraz shouldn't have been dropped on last weeks performance.
But then again no one with any part of a brain would have dropped Pepper either.

pv4
22-11-2014, 12:05 AM
I genuinely can't believe I just saw Gaz legit write that BK has good, but Biraz poor, distribution.

Like I wrote in the match day thread - from confirmed reports, BK has been beyond aids at training. Makes no sense that a better keeper, who has been as in-form as the team has allowed him to be, is being dropped for a worse keeper who is in far worse form at training. All it is going to do is see us leak as many, or more, goals and piss off and mentally screw with our best keeper.

But that GCU game was fxxxing sick.

MFKS
22-11-2014, 12:20 AM
FWIW I 100% agree Biraz shouldn't have been dropped on last weeks performance.
But then again no one with any part of a brain would have dropped Pepper either.

Pepper I can sort of see a reason why not that i am overtly convinced this was the right decision.

That game against Phoenix we got over run that bad in midfield shocking. Not that he was doing much glaringly wrong but he needed to start getting closer to his man make tackles etc. and not be as dominated by the opponent

Against Perth he played FB not his best position I know and most/nearly all of Perths attack came down his side

Jetmaster
22-11-2014, 10:47 AM
As someone who actually does have some sort of goalkeeping quals (including coaching), I spotted Birraz problems over a year ago, but because he looked like "Julio" compared to BK's "nerd", and came in with a spectacular start (people forget he got sent off in his first game at home) he was hailed as the new messiah - I am surprised that "Birramas" is not more widely celebrated. Those obvious problems were papered over as "isolated" incidents rather than an indication of some technical failings.

Fact - Birraz built his early rep on shot stopping. Fact - he has a serious issue with the high ball that the other A-League teams are cottoning on to. Fact - at the moment his body language suggests to me he is "shot" confidence wise, and this has a major impact on the defence in front of him.

Instead of saying he is the best in the club and he is one of the top keepers in the league (which he isn't), the kid needs to wake up to himself and admit to these issues and fix them with hard work. He seems to be a bit of a "sulker" when he makes stuff ups - as a comparison, look how Janjetovic has responded to his clanger a few weeks ago. BK went through hell a few years back and I'm sure is a better keeper for it though of course he will never be perfect.

Both are good keepers with strengths and weaknesses - nobody has a divine rite to the position and a spot on the bench for Birraz is due. BK will do his best but I'm sure will make isolated errors - like we all do. He will only be dropped if he consistently doesn't look the goods - not if he stands still for one goal or drops a cross, as some on here will be pining for that first error.

Summary - Birraz, good bloke, slightly vain, lacks accountability, hugely talented, needs a serious slap across the chops from someone he respects.

BK - good honest Newy bloke, has to prove everything to the world, gone through much personal pain, club stalwart, needs to concentrate the full 90 mins though.

Thomas477
22-11-2014, 05:17 PM
Club stalwart only because he wouldn't demand much coin.

And you missed BK's major technical issue too - he jumps just before set pieces are taken. Thus, if it takes a deflection, or indeed goes straight on, he has a lot less time to react to it. It's alright for all age, but anything higher, the ball will come at a fair rate of knots.

Couscous
22-11-2014, 06:00 PM
On da bench. I might ignore this thread for the next week, whatever happens.

joel31
22-11-2014, 09:37 PM
BK did nothing wrong. He should start again next week

Thomas477
22-11-2014, 10:42 PM
Kicked a ball out, should be dropped.

The Camel
23-11-2014, 12:11 AM
BK did nothing wrong. He should start again next week

His effort for the goal was weak as piss. Wayyyyy to slow to react and just fell over. Plus kicked the ball out on the full. Apparently that's the only thing you need to do to get dropped

GazFish35
23-11-2014, 01:27 AM
Club stalwart only because he wouldn't demand much coin.

And you missed BK's major technical issue too - he jumps just before set pieces are taken. Thus, if it takes a deflection, or indeed goes straight on, he has a lot less time to react to it. It's alright for all age, but anything higher, the ball will come at a fair rate of knots.

We've been over this point before. The bounce just before the ball is struck serves to get the keeper on the balls of his feet and his weight moving forward. I'd reckon most keepers do it.

plague
23-11-2014, 04:40 AM
Another clean sheet for BK. What more does he have to do to get the gig permanently?

MFKS
23-11-2014, 09:21 AM
Another clean sheet for BK. What more does he have to do to get the gig permanently?

To be perfectly fair in this debate BK didn't have a lot to do from alcohol hazed memory as the blokes in front done a reasonable job during the game. Birraz riding the pine for another week

Thomas477
23-11-2014, 09:45 AM
We've been over this point before. The bounce just before the ball is struck serves to get the keeper on the balls of his feet and his weight moving forward. I'd reckon most keepers do it.

You'd be wrong. What BK does is jump, not bounce. Jumping is bad before/just as the ball is struck.

pv4
23-11-2014, 10:02 AM

:rof:

GazFish35
23-11-2014, 10:06 AM
You'd be wrong. What BK does is jump, not bounce. Jumping is bad before/just as the ball is struck.

Wrong about?

Thomas477
23-11-2014, 10:14 AM
Most keepers jumping like BK does. Most will bounce on the balls of their feet without the entire foot leaving the ground. This way they still get the advantages of being on the balls of their feet, but they can still react to the shot/cross. By jumping, BK loses this advantage.

GazFish35
23-11-2014, 10:22 AM
Maybe our ideas of bk movements differ.
I'll watch this part of his game more closely.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lSHLIB0HUys
From 0:37 there's a shooting drill that allows the small bounce in to the balls of the feet to be clearly seen.

Buddha
23-11-2014, 11:12 AM
If you are naturally gifted enough to be extremely agile and have a good standing (or for cross fit faggots box jump) leap, bouncing before the ball is struck does not matter. What I like about BK is his ability to command his box and come for crosses, playing both as a keeper and a centre half myself there's nothing better than having a keeper who can come for crosses, because in all honesty how bad have we been defending corners hey

plague
30-11-2014, 10:51 PM
Bump
'Sup boiz?

GazFish35
30-11-2014, 11:27 PM
Think thread title might need changing.

BodyNovo
01-12-2014, 07:19 AM
Bk bois on fire again

Biraz looks good on the pine

snake
01-12-2014, 07:39 AM
watched the warmup and birraz looked completely uninterested which affected the warmup of bk. it didn't go unnoticed by the training staff, either. really poor professionalism since the team comes firdt, though i'm sure he'd say he is unphased.

Thomas477
01-12-2014, 09:12 AM
Well if you got dropped after not doing much wrong, wouldn't you be a bit pissed off?

Jetmaster
01-12-2014, 09:55 AM
Well if you got dropped after not doing much wrong, wouldn't you be a bit pissed off?

Wind up, right ?

Can't wait to finish my "Birraz Bloopers 13/14" video !

As it seems BK will now have a long spell between the sticks I reckon Birraz agent will be working overtime to get him a gig in the Romanian second division during the January window. We may never see him again.

BodyNovo
01-12-2014, 10:13 AM
team comes first

how do you think bk felt after being dropped at the start of the season, every warmup i saw him involved in he was fully focused.

plus when he played youth he played the game with ultimate professionalism

The Dunster
01-12-2014, 10:34 AM
Wind up, right ?

Can't wait to finish my "Birraz Bloopers 13/14" video !

27 volume box set no doubt.

idontwannaplaywithhowey
01-12-2014, 11:27 AM
[QUOTE=Thomas477;99926]Well if you got dropped after not doing much wrong, wouldn't you be a bit pissed off?[/QUOT

He can feel pissed off if he wants, but he still has to do his job (whether that be playing or supporting his fellow goalkeeper to prepare adequately).

GazFish35
01-12-2014, 12:10 PM

pissed off? yes
unprofessional in my reaction? no.

Pico
01-12-2014, 09:18 PM
Has already been reported last week that birraz has offers but won't move till January, was on NBN at end of a report leading up to the derby.

plague
01-12-2014, 09:58 PM

Didnt seem to bother BK start of this year when he lost his job for no real fault of his own.

plague
01-12-2014, 10:00 PM
Has already been reported last week that birraz has offers but won't move till January, was on NBN at end of a report leading up to the derby.

did they liquid paper out Kantas name off the Bayern contract?
if not its probs those pesky Russians that have been pretend buying all of the Aussie clubs over the years.
I just hope his agent, Terry Venables, gets him a good pretend offer.

01-12-2014, 10:15 PM
Was spoiled under GvE

Grimario
02-12-2014, 10:17 AM
Fix Biraz coming off his line and taking control of his six yard box.

He might be better in every other aspect than BK but what howlers has BK made in his return to the starting line up?

(serious question, I've not watched the last two games)

Grimario
02-12-2014, 10:29 AM
I don't think anyone is doubting that our defensive efforts are anything better than average at times but having confidence in them or not shouldn't determine whether you come 4 yards off your line to get a ball. Maybe the backline is so shambolic because they have zero faith in their keeper to get stuff that SHOULD be his?

(I play devils advocate for a living, muahahahaha)

Jeterpool
02-12-2014, 10:47 AM
I don't think anyone is doubting that our defensive efforts are anything better than average at times but having confidence in them or not shouldn't determine whether you come 4 yards off your line to get a ball. Maybe the backline is so shambolic because they have zero faith in their keeper to get stuff that SHOULD be his?

(I play devils advocate for a living, muahahahaha)

CHicken or egg scenario there.

Frodo
02-12-2014, 11:01 AM
Birraz has the better goal keeping attributes but BK is in better form at the moment. Birraz lost the trust from his defenders and was justifiably dropped to see if BK would fix the problem. BK hasn't solved the problem, but that doesn't make the decision a bad one yet. Birraz is still very young in goal keeping years so i'd rather seem him dropped to fix a problem than leave him on the field getting his confidence torn apart every time we concede.

Once Stubbs gets a group of players that can defend as a team, rather than a pack of numpties diving into every tackle and running around the pitch willy nilly, this argument can't really be based on the facts. Neither of them have a clean sheet this year so neither of them can boast too much anyway.

If Birraz doesn't take it on the chin and work hard to get back into the team he can kiss his Socceroos chances goodbye. It doesn't take much to become one of the players who never got their chance in the national side and eventually be forgotten.

plague
02-12-2014, 12:29 PM
Mother Teresa has it spot on.
I remember commenting at the time as those 40 yard shots were dribbling past Biraz into the net how bad the defenders were.

This is the best non-pool related thread on the Foz.

Top work lads.

Premy
02-12-2014, 01:27 PM
As a defender I can tell you I'm much more comfortable with a GK behind me that is barking orders.

To me Birraz still feels like a kid finding his way, whereas BK is confident to tell his defenders what to do pre conceding a goal. IMO it serves nothing screaming at your defense just after a goal is scored, those directions are far better given during play to stop a goal being conceded.

Mark325
02-12-2014, 03:29 PM
Once Stubbs gets a group of players that can defend as a team, rather than a pack of numpties diving into every tackle and running around the pitch willy nilly, this argument can't really be based on the facts. Neither of them have a clean sheet this year so neither of them can boast too much anyway.

In saying that, I think both are CB's are solid or better when they are inform. I also think that Neville has got loads of potential to be one of the better players to come through the jets, or more likely a player that leaves the jets only to go somewhere else and carve the league up there. It's really only LB not filled with a competent player, we just have an incompetent coach bringing everyone down I feel

My2BobsWorth
03-12-2014, 08:44 PM
I feel a warm glow when BK is in goal. Pity about the other lot.

Jetmaster
07-12-2014, 02:40 PM
well well well
all the BK lovers, as expected, diabolical, maybe he should be dropped now, and give Solari a go.
Please, until everyone comes to terms that the defence is shit house, and not Birraz at fault.
My2BobsWorth i hope u still have a warm glow, at the amateur display yesterday- put danny ireland in.

No idea what you are talking about....end of.

Jetmaster
07-12-2014, 02:51 PM
Deaf, dumb AND blind...and you call yourself Mother Theresa.

Birraz got dropped for being poo, not because of his defence. BK was fine last night, if that was Birraz I would not have blamed him for the loss.

Your turn Tommy...

Grimario
07-12-2014, 03:06 PM
This argument is ****ing ridiculous. We'd still be a shambles with Neuer in goals.

plague
07-12-2014, 05:24 PM
This argument is ****ing ridiculous. We'd still be a shambles with Neuer in goals.

Neuer OUT.

skullboy
08-12-2014, 03:58 AM
Neuer OUT.

The first goal conceded against Wellington was poor goalkeeping. went to ground WAY too early without actually attacking the ball. The third goal it looked like he pulled his hands apart and left it. Again poor judgement and poor goalkeeping. How much of that can be attributed to too much time on the bench??? How long is a piece of string?

I do think Birraz is marginally the better keeper overall but our issues are further up the park and it is unfair to blame either keeper for the results so far.

pv4
08-12-2014, 08:06 AM
I didn't rate BK's efforts for any of the goals tbh. He did a few good things outside of that though.

I also thought his distributing was very poor - thoughts GazFish?

GazFish35
08-12-2014, 08:42 AM
Havent seen the game, and have been warned by many not to watch it. ;)

I do agree with skull above first one he went to ground too early.

Krishna's was a bullet, not many would have stopped it, his positioning seemed okay, haven't seen a clear enough replay of his footwork.

pv4
08-12-2014, 08:51 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxikPdjupsA

So Gaz, you've basically said that you haven't seen BK enough to judge him on all occasions he's played this year. But the goals are still leaking. Do you think, judging solely off the fact that you have no base to judge BK on apart from the scoreline and the few highlights available, that BK should be kept in or do you think Biraz deserves another chance?

08-12-2014, 10:52 AM
BK to stay in. he should be afforded just as many second chances Birraz has been in the past.

Grimario
08-12-2014, 10:56 AM
BK to stay in. he should be afforded just as many second chances Birraz has been in the past.

I think you could put Griff in goal and he would be as effective as either of the guys we have there at the moment.

MFKS
08-12-2014, 11:11 AM
Has Birraz ever let 3 goals in in the space of 5 mins??

Can't recall him doing so.

BK Out >> Birraz In

Goalkeeping was garbage.
Comes out gets nowhere near Burns and makes it easy for Burns to comfortably round him in the box and slot into an empty net. Burns Shooting is not his strong point would have been more beneficial to make him draw and shoot and hope he slotted wide or hit BK

Second one he got good hands on a shot and pushed it onto a post. Either catch it or clear it to safety not try palming it into the net FFS.

Third Good strike but shit goalkeeping - 30 Yards out he had a good view of it thanks to Neville getting out of his way!! Maybe time to get the lead out and actually dive. How you get beaten from 30 yards defies ****ing belief

BK Out >> Birraz In

joel31
08-12-2014, 12:01 PM
It was the Newy boys who celebrated with Griff for the goal

GazFish35
08-12-2014, 12:25 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxikPdjupsA

So Gaz, you've basically said that you haven't seen BK enough to judge him on all occasions he's played this year. But the goals are still leaking. Do you think, judging solely off the fact that you have no base to judge BK on apart from the scoreline and the few highlights available, that BK should be kept in or do you think Biraz deserves another chance?

what?
you asked me about the wellington goals.... and his distribution during that game. and ive previousdly mentioned i was not is graet position to view the factors impacting on distribution v wsw.

If you want me to say if he should be dropped, then no. not yet - as 380 says - he should be given as many second chances as Biraz was afforded.

Im not going to attack his form with no evidence, but im also not going to defend it.... jsut like ive beens aying ad neasuem about Birraz - hold them both to the same standard. this whole argmeunet about which is better, io couldnt care less for, im just hoping both get critiqued to same expectations.

plague
08-12-2014, 01:06 PM
Goal 1: so he is one on one with the top scorer in the league and he's rubbish coz he got beat. Maybe he should have been more like Biraz and run out of the box and grabbed it.
Dickheads.
Goal 2: got a good hand to a stinging shot and maybe hoped one of his defenders might have helped out to try and stop that stinking Gypos' 4 attempts to tap it in.
Goal 3: legit, some of you blokes are ****ing retarded.

plague
08-12-2014, 01:07 PM
I thought BK didn't have a very good game but all his cock ups were nowt to do with the goals.

belchardo
08-12-2014, 01:09 PM
I thought BK didn't have a very good game but all his cock ups were nowt to do with the goals.

fullbacks keeping players onside/not shutting them down was more critical

Premy
08-12-2014, 01:27 PM
Goal 1: so he is one on one with the top scorer in the league and he's rubbish coz he got beat. Maybe he should have been more like Biraz and run out of the box and grabbed it.
Dickheads.
Goal 2: got a good hand to a stinging shot and maybe hoped one of his defenders might have helped out to try and stop that stinking Gypos' 4 attempts to tap it in.
Truth bombs

Jetmaster
08-12-2014, 02:15 PM
Birraz out of top echelon of Socceroos keepers now.

And BK from 30 metres>>>>>>>>>Birraz from 50 metres !

Grimario
08-12-2014, 02:34 PM
Birraz out of top echelon of Socceroos keepers now.

And BK from 30 metres>>>>>>>>>Birraz from 50 metres !

Pffft. At least Biraz got both hands, chest, knees, one of his shins, a thigh and part of his face to that 50m bomb. BK got nothing, nowhere near it.

Biraz <><><><><><><> BK

MFKS
08-12-2014, 06:31 PM
3 GOALS 5 MINUTES

Great Goal Keeping.

If Birraz gets dropped for letting 4 in a half despite making a few saves and having **** all Assistance from his defense and it being a constant turkey shoot at him then only fair BK gets the flick for that effort of no being able to keep the ball out of his net the 3 times he was called on to deal with it in a 5 min spell.

TRUTH BOMB

Tommyjet
08-12-2014, 06:39 PM
The least of our troubles at the moment

WolfMan
08-12-2014, 06:40 PM
Dickheads.

Me agree

plague
08-12-2014, 06:52 PM
3 GOALS 5 MINUTES

Great Goal Keeping.

If Birraz gets dropped for letting 4 in a half despite making a few saves and having **** all Assistance from his defense and it being a constant turkey shoot at him then only fair BK gets the flick for that effort of no being able to keep the ball out of his net the 3 times he was called on to deal with it in a 5 min spell.

TRUTH BOMB

1st thing: it was 5 min and 11sec apparently so MYTH BUSTED.

2nd: I don't know anyone who thought Biraz should have been dumped after the 4-0. Most 'round ere (myself included) thought he wasn't at fault for any of the goals.

Biraz's cock ups game in earlier games. BK has had a few but didn't directly lead to goals.

Yet.

Imyourhero
08-12-2014, 09:10 PM
Because no goalkeeper has ever let in a goal from 30yards

idontwannaplaywithhowey
09-12-2014, 01:11 PM
I thought BK was pretty poor on the weekend, but as has been said Biraz got more than a few chances to overcome some poor goalkeeping efforts in the earlier rounds. I'm definitely in the Biraz is a better goalkeeper camp, but if Stubbins is going to be consistent BK deserves more time to stake a claim (or not) to be a permanent fixture in the team.

pv4
09-12-2014, 01:18 PM
I thought BK was pretty poor on the weekend, but as has been said Biraz got more than a few chances to overcome some poor goalkeeping efforts in the earlier rounds. I'm definitely in the Biraz is a better goalkeeper camp, but if Stubbins is going to be consistent BK deserves more time to stake a claim (or not) to be a permanent fixture in the team.

But BK is most likely to stay regardless of how he is treat. Biraz won't.

So people are saying that they're happy for a coach they want out, to piss off a player that could leave due to being benched that is better than the player replacing him, for a player who isn't performing any better and will more than likely stay regardless.

If Stubbins plays Biraz, there's a chance he won't leave at the end of this year (or in Jan). If Stubbins doesn't, he'll pretty much definitely leave. So there's a choice between losing our coach and our best keeper, or just losing our coach.

plague
09-12-2014, 01:28 PM
Yeah but if Biraz leaves we'll get $$$$$$$$$$$$$.
I reackon Middleby might be able to get $40-$50 thousand for him.

pv4
09-12-2014, 01:35 PM

Or he does what most HAL players do, put his bum in the corner, demand a termination of contract, and end up at Brisbane.

plague
09-12-2014, 01:46 PM
Or he does what most HAL players do, put his bum in the corner, demand a termination of contract, and end up at Brisbane.

Pfffffft. 'Sif Middleby would get sucked into that.

MFKS
09-12-2014, 02:18 PM

If you are talking along the lines that Middleby would be able to get 40-50k Australian $$$ for the release of Birraz you are deadest talking out of your arse Plague.

This humidity/heat is obviously effecting your judgement big time

You of all people should know Middleby is more than happy to give our players away for free.
Hello Ryan Griff

GazFish35
09-12-2014, 02:24 PM
But BK is most likely to stay regardless of how he is treat. Biraz won't.

So people are saying that they're happy for a coach they want out, to piss off a player that could leave due to being benched that is better than the player replacing him, for a player who isn't performing any better and will more than likely stay regardless.

If Stubbins plays Biraz, there's a chance he won't leave at the end of this year (or in Jan). If Stubbins doesn't, he'll pretty much definitely leave. So there's a choice between losing our coach and our best keeper, or just losing our coach.

that's assuming he's our best keeper.

pv4
09-12-2014, 02:34 PM
that's assuming he's our best keeper.

Which you, and the large majority of everyone else, has agreed on.

WolfMan
09-12-2014, 03:38 PM
I wouldn't say overall he is better than BK. I feel like their individual weaknesses bring them back to a par. And if one par is on more $ than the other ( and by a good amount I'm certain) why not jettison the ballast?

Grimario
09-12-2014, 03:42 PM
I wouldn't say overall he is better than BK. I feel like their individual weaknesses bring them back to a par. And if one par is on more $ than the other ( and by a good amount I'm certain) why not jettison the ballast?

And if one par is already at his greatest ever peak and the other has huge upside, just needs to get the right coaching...?

Actually, scratch that. Bin off Biraz for the sake of Australian football and let him get someone who knows what they are doing to teach him. He'll never be any good staying here.