PDA

View Full Version : The endless (and probably pointless) GK debate thread.

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

The Dunster
09-12-2014, 03:47 PM
Yeah but if Biraz leaves we'll get $$$$$$$$$$$$$.
I reackon Middleby might be able to get $40-$50 thousand for him.

On what planet would any club be paying that sort of coin for young flappy hands ?

plague
09-12-2014, 04:01 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhh, but you discount the selling skills of the snake oil man Middleby.

Ice to Eskimos etc etc etc.

plague
09-12-2014, 04:06 PM
Also, how is that whole 'opinion of the national team manager' argument angle going lads?
Did see either of our keepers names on the 784 man provisional squad.

pv4
09-12-2014, 04:12 PM
Also, how is that whole 'opinion of the national team manager' argument angle going lads?

Let me check the stamps in Biraz's passport.

MFKS
09-12-2014, 04:47 PM
Did see either of our keepers names on the 784 man provisional squad.

Remind us when BK made any provisional squad for the NT???

Birraz just another victim of the shit coaching at the club.

Grimario
09-12-2014, 04:51 PM

Not counting U20 and Olyroo duty?

MFKS
09-12-2014, 04:54 PM
Not counting U20 and Olyroo duty?
Ffs they called Hoffman up at that level so that is no form line

plague
09-12-2014, 05:30 PM
Let me check the stamps in Biraz's passport.

live in the now man.

plague
09-12-2014, 05:32 PM

I dunno, probs never. What's the answer?
Also, what's the relevance?
Maybe we should change thread title to include Covics name as he's our most decorated keeper yeah?

outsider
09-12-2014, 06:00 PM
Yeah but if Biraz leaves we'll get $$$$$$$$$$$$$.
I reackon Middleby might be able to get $40-$50 thousand for him.

How is he going to get 40-50k for a keeper that isn't even number one in the club.

plague
09-12-2014, 06:23 PM
How is he going to get 40-50k for a keeper that isn't even number one in the club.

How many times have I got to learn you blokes.
We have Middleby in charge.
He's our generations Tim the Demtel Man.

I heard once he sold our leading striker for an 'undisclosed fee'.
I'm sure it was undisclosed because he's modest and didn't want to embarrass the other CEO's out there.

MFKS
10-12-2014, 09:07 AM
How many times have I got to learn you blokes.
We have Middleby in charge.

I heard once he sold our leading striker for an 'undisclosed fee'.
I'm sure it was undisclosed because he's modest and didn't want to embarrass the other CEO's out there.

Difference is Tim the Demtel man actually had the ability to sell something. May well only been steak knives but at least they are useful
Middleby on the other hand is only capable of selling misery/embarrassment/apathy/disgust in spades to our loyal supporters for their time/money they invest in this club

I will take the steak knives every day of the week

Grimario
10-12-2014, 09:08 AM

FFS, the amount you blokes hate him he just has to reach over his shoulder to get a set of steak knives to throw into any potential deal.

pv4
10-12-2014, 01:52 PM
Has this been discussed at all? If so, think I missed it. Last month Biraz changed agents. To me that says he's actively looking for a move.

Surely a Euro club would be crazy not to wait until the end of our season, to save paying a transfer fee. Unless our CEO wants to give him to them for free, of course.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/25436584/birighitti-eyes-europe-with-agent-switch/

Disinterested Bystander
10-12-2014, 02:06 PM
Did he not extend to the end of the 15-16 season? In which case he won't walk away at the end of this season for free.

plague
10-12-2014, 02:19 PM
FFS, the amount you blokes hate him he just has to reach over his shoulder to get a set of steak knives to throw into any potential deal.

I don't hate him.
I don't say nasty things about him.
I just don't agree with the way he manages this club.

Grimario
10-12-2014, 02:24 PM
I don't hate him.
I don't say nasty things about him.
I just don't agree with the way he manages this club.

Who cares. The point I was making was about stabbing him in the back and perfect opportunity to get the steak knives out and sell them, a la Tim Demtel.

FWIW, I think he does a shit job too.

Regards,
Captain Fantastic

pv4
10-12-2014, 02:35 PM
Did he not extend to the end of the 15-16 season? In which case he won't walk away at the end of this season for free.

You're right, my bad!

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/news-display/Birighitti-re-signs-with-the-Jets/76457

plague
10-12-2014, 05:08 PM
Who cares. The point I was making was about stabbing him in the back and perfect opportunity to get the steak knives out and sell them, a la Tim Demtel.

FWIW, I think he does a shit job too.

Regards,
Captain Fantastic

You know the Member is stealing your material right?
Lawyer up brah, you getting PAID!!!!

pv4
20-12-2014, 02:25 AM
Has this been discussed at all? If so, think I missed it. Last month Biraz changed agents. To me that says he's actively looking for a move.

Surely a Euro club would be crazy not to wait until the end of our season, to save paying a transfer fee. Unless our CEO wants to give him to them for free, of course.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/25436584/birighitti-eyes-europe-with-agent-switch/

Following up on this, after the game tonight Biraz was spotted with Vinnie in town.

BK fanbois might get what they want - Biraz not at the club at all. And possibly soon.

Jetmaster
20-12-2014, 12:22 PM
Harps on Kick Off - "Ben Kennedy has now seen off the challenge of Birighitti and looks the goods".

hawk
20-12-2014, 01:03 PM
Following up on this, after the game tonight Biraz was spotted with Vinnie in town.

BK fanbois might get what they want - Biraz not at the club at all. And possibly soon.

Birraz has been trying to get out for a while. With that attitude can go no probs.

plague
20-12-2014, 07:10 PM
Birraz has been trying to get out for a while. With that attitude can go no probs.

It will probably all depend on what another team will pay for a backup goalie.

pv4
31-12-2014, 09:40 AM

Foxsports apparently reported last night that Biraz is trialling with a Serie C club.

Vinnie getting it done for him.

Grimario
31-12-2014, 10:54 AM
Foxsports apparently reported last night that Biraz is trialling with a Serie C club.

Vinnie getting it done for him.

Cockerill said during the coverage yesterday that "Biraz has a trial lined up with Venezia in Serie C".... which I found odd since that's the same club I said he was moving too after the previous game. Foxsports trolling Jets forum for rumours?

Buddha
31-12-2014, 11:53 AM
From Bundesliga to Serie C.....

plague
31-12-2014, 11:56 AM
Can he still get picked for the Foxtel Allstars if hes playing in Italy?

lquiquer
31-12-2014, 12:04 PM
Can he still get picked for the Foxtel Allstars if hes playing in Italy?

No but .....they'll need few ball boys for the game

la bazzle
31-12-2014, 12:26 PM
Ah well was good while it lasted. Remember without birraz last season we would have got the spoon. Thanks birraz shame it didn't work out.

Jetmaster
31-12-2014, 03:39 PM
Cockerill said during the coverage yesterday that "Biraz has a trial lined up with Venezia in Serie C".... which I found odd since that's the same club I said he was moving too after the previous game. Foxsports trolling Jets forum for rumours?

Why not - this forum now has some credibility as a source. Was in Sydney on business just before the break and talked to someone from Fairfax - 75% of their articles are written by outsourced writers in the Philippines writing under ghost names or using the names of known Fairfax journos. They do their research by surfing the net then write up an article. Many Jets articles seem oddly written in the Herald, often regurgitating old news we know or bringing up info started off on the forum - Cassio being the latest.

pv4
31-12-2014, 03:51 PM
My personal favourite moment on this forum, apart from the Miracle of Brisbane, was The Herald (http://bit.ly/4kb77v) picking up on my fabricated rumour about Thomas Hitzlsperger - two seperate times!

Bremsstrahlung
31-12-2014, 04:18 PM
I'm a fan of Birraz. When he came in he showed he was a brilliant keeper. Easily outing Kennedy. Justified.
It was the form that got him the interest of the Bundesliga club as he was making some brilliant saves and no real blunders. Justified.

After the deal fell through, he has since struggled, still making the odd good save, but his general play, some epic howlers left him "Not phased" by anything.
Subsequently he was dropped. Justified.

Now, it doesn't really bother me that he's looking to go overseas. That should be the goal for all players and i would've been happy to see him go to Germany. But right now, i don't think he deserves it. He's under pressure from kennedy, I daresay Kennedy should be given a spell after conceding 5 goals (yeh, not much he could do about some of them...but 5 goals past..something needs to give..give Birraz a crack to see if he's sorted himself out).

I don't think many would argue the fact that Birraz at his best >> Kennedy at his best. Birraz has the higher ceiling on his game.
I'm a tad annoyed, disappointed, dislike the situation that he seems unwilling to try and fight his way back to be first choice keeper. I mean, "hey I'm a Keeper in the A-league" doesn't really get the attention of many scouts in Europe. Let alone, "I've been dropped to second choice keeper in the A-league for a club struggling". I dunno, i can see why Stubbins isn't playing him if he has actually kinda said "i want out".

*I'm no Birraz fanboy, or Kennedy fanboy. Kennedy deserved a crack since Birraz wasn't performing, and has done reasonably well. The problem could well be the defence...:deadhorse:

GazFish35
31-12-2014, 04:26 PM
Wellsaid

WolfMan
31-12-2014, 05:02 PM
Yep, good post. Far too much sense made though

Thomas477
31-12-2014, 05:18 PM
Agreed. I just hope Stubbs is fair and drops BK for conceding five and having some of his kicks off target, the same reason Birraz got dropped, except Birraz saved a pen and only conceded 4. Maybe the time on the bench has helped him?

My2BobsWorth
31-12-2014, 06:19 PM
Birra wants out, BK is a local lad and wants in. You don't have to be a rocket doctor.

Thomas477
31-12-2014, 06:27 PM
Birra wants out, BK is a local lad and wants in. You don't have to be a rocket doctor.

Ok then. Let's just have a bunch of locals who aren't up to Aleague level playing for us because they want to play for us. Let the mediocrity continue!

JetsFan23
26-01-2015, 11:49 AM
Surprise level that he's leaving: 0

la bazzle
26-01-2015, 12:20 PM
We're like losing one of the best young keepers in the country. It's a disgrace really. The way some fans turned on him under the guise of oh but people bagged bk so its only fair is also a disgrace. Hope he does well and has a successful career.

GazFish35
26-01-2015, 01:32 PM
People didn't turn on him because others bagged bk, he was critiqued just as heavily.

The "not phased" comment was what turned some people.

Good luck to the bloke, he's the 2nd best keeper to play for the club, I hope he cracks it in Europe and can push ryan, langerak, jones, Federici etc to ultimately improve whoever it is at makes socceroos squads.

belchardo
26-01-2015, 02:13 PM
Best of luck to him . Don't think he'll go too far unless he deals with the attitude issues (eg not having a sulk if he gets dropped)

hawk
26-01-2015, 04:28 PM
good keeper, ass of a bloke. has he signed yet

MFKS
26-01-2015, 06:30 PM
What a pile of shit this club is

la bazzle
26-01-2015, 07:12 PM
good keeper, ass of a bloke. has he signed yet

Actually genuinely nice dude ey. Helped Butch seal the deal once as well. Legend

hawk
27-01-2015, 05:34 PM
Actually genuinely nice dude ey. Helped Butch seal the deal once as well. Legend

lol

MFKS
29-04-2015, 06:42 PM
His Italian side won over night.

No thanks to Birraz keeping a clean sheet.

Onya Birraz

Xander
29-04-2015, 07:07 PM
The West Australian (https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/27453010/wa-keeper-birighitti-impresses-in-italy/)

Perth-born goalkeeper Mark Birighitti has helped his Italian team AS Varese chalk up their first win for three months in only his second match.

The 24-year-old also ensured the bottom side in Italy’s second tier kept a clean sheet for the first time since the end of February with a 1-0 away win at Vitrus Entella on Tuesday night.

Birighitti joined Varese from Newcastle Jets in January on a six-month loan deal but only made his debut last Sunday in the 1-0 defeat to Vicenza, following an injury to regular keeper Filippo Perucchini.

The Socceroos international, a product of ECU Joondalup and Perth SC, can put himself in the shop window in Europe by playing in Varese’s final games of the season.

Varese are all but relegated from Serie B to Lega Pro - Italy’s third tier - with the club 12 points from safety and only four matches left.

plague
29-04-2015, 07:18 PM
Can't wait til the bloke that helped not one, but TWO teams come dead last in one season comes back to save us.

Best thread.

My2BobsWorth
30-04-2015, 06:18 PM
Italy 3rd tier = aussie over 50's. Maybe need to dye his hair grey to fit in.

MFKS
30-04-2015, 06:29 PM
Italy 3rd tier = aussie over 50's. Maybe need to dye his hair grey to fit in.

2nd tier is SerieB :facepalm:

My2BobsWorth
30-04-2015, 06:56 PM
Three posts up.:facepalm:

stopper2
30-04-2015, 10:46 PM

Need to educate these dumb arses on here Member who have just been fed EPL all their life!!!

leftrightout
30-04-2015, 11:11 PM

Thinking he was going more for the fact that he would be playing 3rd tier next season if he stays there....:facepalm:

lquiquer
21-05-2015, 10:23 AM
Birraz back next year?

idontwannaplaywithhowey
21-05-2015, 10:36 AM
He was back on the bench for Varese over the weekend.

pv4
21-05-2015, 10:39 AM
Birraz back next year?

If the reports are to be believed from yesterday, his contract will have been terminated from us and he is a free agent. Pretty much the ideal scenario for him - he can either get Grella to find him another club in Italy/Europe or he can come back to the HAL to play against Stubbins.

WolfMan
21-05-2015, 10:55 AM
If the reports are to be believed from yesterday, his contract will have been terminated from us and he is a free agent. Pretty much the ideal scenario for him - he can either get Grella to find him another club in Italy/Europe or he can come back to the HAL to play against Stubbins.

Play against Stubbins, in the 5-a-side Centrelink comp??

Bon
21-05-2015, 10:57 AM
Play against Stubbins, in the 5-a-side Centrelink comp??

Is that the one you play in down on the coast, pv4?? :lulz:

Shayne
19-06-2015, 02:18 PM
https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/28500213/birighitti-signs-new-jets-deal/

https://twitter.com/neil_d_thewest/status/611732607064080384

New 12 month contract, Birra retweeted it also..

Jeterpool
19-06-2015, 02:19 PM
https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/28500213/birighitti-signs-new-jets-deal/

https://twitter.com/neil_d_thewest/status/611732607064080384

New 12 month contract, Birra retweeted it also..

Did not see that coming

WolfMan
19-06-2015, 02:23 PM
Did not see that coming

Surest sign it was a decision based on Stabbins tenure

Jeterpool
19-06-2015, 02:26 PM
Surest sign it was a decision based on Stabbins tenure

Yep

BodyNovo
19-06-2015, 02:40 PM
Let the Biraz v Bk battle re commence

GazFish35
19-06-2015, 02:44 PM

re commence,

I'm not sure it ever went away.

The birraz fanbois seemed very insecure about ti all consistently bringing it up into almost every thread.

Hopefully his taste of European football has him return driven to perform at more constent level, push BK back to bench, keep clean sheet after clean sheet and be mightly phased if he ever ****s up as badly as he did in the derby.

The Postman
19-06-2015, 02:45 PM
Feels like it never ended, at least Miller and JP don't have to worry about the GK position anymore, can use the 10 remaining spots to strengthen everywhere else on the field.

lquiquer
19-06-2015, 02:48 PM

Wait for the Member

Jeterpool
19-06-2015, 03:07 PM
Wait for the Member

He'll dive at the chance. It won't get past him.

Premy
19-06-2015, 03:33 PM
Did not see that coming

furns
19-06-2015, 03:35 PM
Paging la baz & butch

MFKS
19-06-2015, 04:32 PM
Best day since Griff came back :thumbsup:

Now we can only hope Miller and JPD can free up some money in the Salary Cap for the rest of squad strengthening that is needed by getting our second choice keeper on 6 figures a deal elsewhere so we can pick up an appropriately paid 2nd stringer

**** Yeah

The Dunster
19-06-2015, 05:16 PM
Best day since Griff came back :thumbsup:

Now we can only hope Miller and JPD can free up some money in the Salary Cap for the rest of squad strengthening that is needed by getting our second choice keeper on 6 figures a deal elsewhere so we can pick up an appropriately paid 2nd stringer

**** Yeah

Club could always hire and re-train Kale as a backup Keeper. He's got **** all chance of ever playing as a striker in the A-league.

la bazzle
19-06-2015, 11:27 PM
Paging la baz & butch

Have to agree with old mate member on this one. One of the best things to come out of all this. International standard keeper returns, helps da boiz seal the deal. Happy days. Big fan of the new club.

MFKS
20-06-2015, 08:49 AM
MARK Birighitti has returned from Italy and is intent on resuming his career at the Newcastle Jets.

The 24-year-old keeper, who had been on loan at Serie B club Varese, told the Herald on Friday that he had accepted a like-for-like offer from new owners Football Federation Australia for the final year of his Jets contract.

‘‘I’m excited at the chance of a fresh start in Newcastle,’’ he said from Perth, where he has been visiting family.

‘‘Perth were an option, and there were others, but I felt the best move was to head back to Newcastle.’’ - – MARK BIRIGHITTI

‘‘I have been thinking about it for the past couple of weeks. ‘‘I had options in the A-League and also in Europe, but the news on Thursday regarding the appointment of Scott Miller [coach] and Jean-Paul de Marigny [assistant] made my mind up.

‘‘I feel they have the right qualities to get the best out of myself and everyone else that has signed at the Jets.

‘‘I think we can be a real force in the coming season.’’

The Jets player of the year for the 2013-14 season, Birighitti would have been a free agent had he not agreed to carry across his contract.

‘‘Perth were an option, and there were others, but I felt the best move was to head back to Newcastle,’’ he said.

See your ad here
‘‘I played my best football there and love the place and the people.

‘‘With the Jets’ passionate fans and members, I didn’t want to go to another club.

Birighitti, despite starting only two games, had no regrets about his move to Italy.

‘‘Italy was a fantastic experience, don’t get me wrong,’’ he said. ‘‘I learned a whole new game over there.

‘‘But I feel for me and my career, coming back to Newcastle is the right move. It is a fresh start under new management. I want to achieve big things with this club.’’

A member of the Socceroos’ train-on squad for the 2014 World Cup, Birighitti had lost his starting spot to Ben Kennedy when he left the Jets in January.

Newcastle product Kennedy went on to be one of the Jets’ better performers in a disastrous campaign.

‘‘That is always a challenge,’’ Birighitti said.

‘‘When players are fighting for their position it brings out the best in them.

‘‘I look forward to coming back and getting into it.’’

The Jets are yet to appoint a goalkeeping coach.

‘‘I’m sure Scott Miller and JP are smart operators and will bring in the right person for the job,’’ he said.

‘‘I had a little bit to do with JP when I went away with the Australian under17s.

‘‘We start pre-season Monday and I can’t wait to get into it.’’

The Jets are expected to confirm Birighitti’s deal on Saturday, extending the number of senior players on the roster to 13.

Melbourne City striker-turned-right back Jason Hoffman is the latest to be linked to the club.

The 26-year-old is contracted to City until the end of the 2015-15 season but is understood to be open to a return to his home club.
Miller flew to England on Friday to finalise his move to Newcastle, leaving de Marigny to oversee the opening fortnight of the pre-season.

As much as Birraz's return enthuses me the damage done if the Hoff returns will outweigh it

plague
20-06-2015, 10:48 AM
Yeah cool cool so everyone wants me and Europe is so super sweet but really I want to go back to the club that dropped me in favour of Ben ****ing Kennedy.

Cool story bro.

plague
20-06-2015, 10:49 AM
I hope he comes back tho and has blinders every week and catches every ball and stops every shot and never lets a goal in and I'll cheer him louder than anyone.

WolfMan
20-06-2015, 10:53 AM
As much as Birraz's return enthuses me the damage done if the Hoff returns will outweigh it

Agh, yep. But it's signings like Hoffman that I'm afraid we can expect given the budget restraints and ridiculous salary cap money being spent elsewhere

Jetmaster
20-06-2015, 11:00 AM
Now to find out who the goalkeeper coach is....hopefully someone not fooled by Birraz pretty boy flapping and works on his technical failings.

rhysd
20-06-2015, 12:55 PM
Been some while since I have been on here but have been reading through a few topics.
Birighitti has undoubted potential but like most young players the difference between being good, great and brilliant is a measure of the coach's capacity to get the best out of the player.
He has the potential to be in the NT setup and when he is switched on he would be the best gk in the aleague.
Great news and looking forward to seeing his development under the new coaches. I am sure with millers experience working in the big leagues and de marigny having worked at MV that getting the best out of birighitti will go a long way to plugging our defensive woes!

MFKS
20-06-2015, 01:11 PM
Been some while since I have been on here but have been reading through a few topics.
Birighitti has undoubted potential but like most young players the difference between being good, great and brilliant is a measure of the coach's capacity to get the best out of the player.
He has the potential to be in the NT setup and when he is switched on he would be the best gk in the aleague.
Great news and looking forward to seeing his development under the new coaches. I am sure with millers experience working in the big leagues and de marigny having worked at MV that getting the best out of birighitti will go a long way to plugging our defensive woes!

Great post
Welcome to the foz

hawk
20-06-2015, 01:29 PM

Hoffman, Australia says NO

The Dunster
20-06-2015, 01:35 PM
Hoffman will be a great signing for the Jets.. Every club needs a whipping boy for the fans to get stuck into when things aren't going well.

Thomas477
20-06-2015, 01:51 PM
Hoffman will be a great signing for the Jets.. Every club needs a whipping boy for the fans to get stuck into when things aren't going well.

Isn't that BK's job?

plague
20-06-2015, 02:35 PM

back in the day the mongs up the back of bay 4 used to fire up the "HOFF OFF" chant a good 15 mins before kickoff.
good times if they bring it back.

furns
20-06-2015, 03:00 PM
I will be able to get my "Why Why Ja-son Hoff-man" chant going finally (to the tune of Delilah)

lquiquer
20-06-2015, 03:33 PM
Hoffman, Australia says NO

No No No

The Dunster
20-06-2015, 04:14 PM
back in the day the mongs up the back of bay 4 used to fire up the "HOFF OFF" chant a good 15 mins before kickoff.
good times if they bring it back.

Steady on. Good bunch of blokes at the back of bay 4 - and usually telling it like it is as well.

Jetmaster
20-06-2015, 04:31 PM
Birraz...Hoff...pigeons coming home to roost. What other ex Jets are available?

The Dunster
20-06-2015, 05:15 PM
Birraz...Hoff...pigeons coming home to roost. What other ex Jets are available?

http://www.hksportsfields.com/images/2015/03/puddle-450.jpg

Has to be a priority signing to bolster the defence

plague
20-06-2015, 05:47 PM
Steady on. Good bunch of blokes at the back of bay 4 - and usually telling it like it is as well.
As difficult as it is to believe you are 'friends' with them at least I know you aren't one of them.

pv4
20-06-2015, 11:26 PM
Extremely stoked that Biraz is back. I was really worried we would sign a reserve keeper and have BK as our number 1.

The Postman
21-06-2015, 07:20 AM
BK becomes the highest paid back up GK in the league at 130k a season...

Biraz on 180k

The Dunster
21-06-2015, 06:19 PM
BK becomes the highest paid back up GK in the league at 130k a season...

Biraz on 180k

Biraz on that sort of coin is ridiculous and more evidence this club hasn't progressed when it comes to looking for value signings.

Pretty much explains why Biraz didn't go to Perth though as it looks like the Jets were well and truly the highest bidders for his services.

it also shows that he's more interested in coin than he is in improving his game. I mean he's joined the worst performing team in the league and they don't have any pedigree when it comes to GK coaches either.

The Jets are still in the bucket and don't look like climbing out anytime soon.

Welcome to the abortion.

GazFish35
21-06-2015, 06:40 PM
It's a sign of how bad things were, not that we haven't progressed.

He'd have been offered a like for like contract as per the CBA.

It's not a new contract.

The figures bandied about for some average a-league players is why we are in the mess we are, there's little wiggle room to bring in better players with so much cap space being taken by average players.

In reality it could take a few seasons to build a squad as we need to wait for some overpaid player's contracts to end.

This is not a problem caused by current admin.

plague
21-06-2015, 07:42 PM
as Mr Fish said. the only blame that needs to be laid is squarely on the shoulders of Middleby and co.
putting approx $300k into one position knowing that one of the 2 blokes was ALWAYS going to be sidelined is lunacy.
if BK was on good dollars before Biraz arrived then they either needed to get rid of BK or not sign Biraz. Signing them both was the problem.
whichever one is da best isn't the real issue, but paying them both was.

anyway Middleby out.

stopper2
21-06-2015, 08:11 PM

That's a pathetic and grubby comment. You may not like him as a footballer but he is still a human being FFS who deserves to be treated with respect and dignity if he wears our colours. Don't know how old you are or if you have a son but how would you feel if your son was playing for his hometown and his own supporters treated him like a "whipping boy"???
YOU ALL WANT THE FARKING CULTURE AND MENTALITY IN THIS CLUB, HOW ABOUT SOME OF YOU KEYBOARD WARRIORS ON HERE CHANGE YOUR OWN NEGATIVE MENTALITY FIRST!!!!

Thomas477
21-06-2015, 08:21 PM
But it wasn't Middleby who was signing players and approving their contracts, it was.................

plague
21-06-2015, 08:31 PM
That's a pathetic and grubby comment. You may not like him as a footballer but he is still a human being FFS who deserves to be treated with respect and dignity if he wears our colours. Don't know how old you are or if you have a son but how would you feel if your son was playing for his hometown and his own supporters treated him like a "whipping boy"???
YOU ALL WANT THE FARKING CULTURE AND MENTALITY IN THIS CLUB, HOW ABOUT SOME OF YOU KEYBOARD WARRIORS ON HERE CHANGE YOUR OWN NEGATIVE MENTALITY FIRST!!!!

or

maybe you could lighten up a little?

Couscous
21-06-2015, 09:30 PM
Welcome to the abortion.

Post reported to Clementine Ford.

pv4
21-06-2015, 10:00 PM

I agree, we need to point the finger less at the below-standard players and instead blame the people who sign them.

plague
21-06-2015, 10:24 PM
I agree, we need to point the finger less at the below-standard players and instead blame the people who sign them.

nawwww man, why can't we have both?

plague
21-06-2015, 10:25 PM
Post reported to Clementine Ford.

#stopexploitingmeimtryingtoexploitmyself

Retro Jet
21-06-2015, 10:42 PM

OR...
The other way to look at it is, if some of those figures are correct, based on performance, do some of our players need a reality check??

stopper2
22-06-2015, 01:55 PM
or

maybe you could lighten up a little?

No, look at what you are saying..."Every club needs a whipping boy for the fans to get stuck into when things aren't going well"...that is a form of bullying at it's worst. Target a player and make them a scapegoat when the team is not performing....really plague what do you hope to achieve with that???
Do you feel satisfied yelling abuse at a player....your own player.... you don't like with your big tough mates?
Must feel great walking out of the stadium at the end of the game kowing you have "given it" to your own player.

plague
22-06-2015, 02:14 PM
No, look at what you are saying..."Every club needs a whipping boy for the fans to get stuck into when things aren't going well"...that is a form of bullying at it's worst. Target a player and make them a scapegoat when the team is not performing....really plague what do you hope to achieve with that???
Do you feel satisfied yelling abuse at a player....your own player.... you don't like with your big tough mates?
Must feel great walking out of the stadium at the end of the game kowing you have "given it" to your own player.

Except, yanno, I didn't say that.

Be better.

Cheers,
Plague.

Grimario
22-06-2015, 10:33 PM
Except, yanno, I didn't say that.

Be better.

Cheers,
Plague.

I vote plague for forum whipping boy.

plague
22-06-2015, 11:11 PM
I vote plague for forum whipping boy.

I don't think you're ready for this jelly.

Grimario
22-06-2015, 11:19 PM
I don't think you're ready for this jelly.

I just had yoghurt. Don't think it would go well with jelly.

You may be right but hey, even BK saved a shot at goal once and before he left, I think Gallaway made a tackle.

hawk
23-06-2015, 12:19 AM
Don't know how old you are or if you have a son but how would you feel if your son was playing for his hometown and his own supporters treated him like a "whipping boy"???

I know this was aimed at another story but...

Pretty sure he isnt at our club. and he isnt the only one who isnt up to aleague standard. cant hide the facts. I dont think this is a whipping.

Birraz isnt fazed

The Dunster
23-06-2015, 08:34 AM

Pretty sure it was me not Plague that made those comments. Since day one of the Jets it has always been the case that some vocal fans have actually targeted a player they didn't think was good enough. Mind you the people targeting the players have never played professional sport in their lives and live in a football fantasy world.. and so on.

Elrich used to get an absolute pasting by these people [ many of whom are regulars at games and on the forums because according to them he wasn't even good enough to play state league.

Denni was another player that lot targeted and many others.

The best part though is when the player comes good in their eyes and they think their abuse was responsible for making the player try harder... hence they take credit for the player improving - delusions of grandeur and so on come to mind.

My comments were directed at those, people not Hoffman. It's called taking the piss. The fact you missed the joke is a worry though.

plague
23-06-2015, 10:35 AM
My comments were directed at those, people not Hoffman. It's called taking the piss. The fact you missed the joke is a worry though.

outrage runs only at full speed, with its eyes closed and its mouth wide open.

We shall overcome.

The Dunster
23-06-2015, 02:43 PM
outrage runs only at full speed, with its eyes closed and its mouth wide open.

We shall overcome.

http://citybugs.tamu.edu/files/2010/08/grasshopper-differential.jpg

Jeterpool
23-06-2015, 05:33 PM
Yeah, so back to Birraz. Bloke is lucky he gets to prove himself to yet another coach. Am I wrong in thinking both times he's been dropped he's straight away started to look to an overseas move instead of fighting to retain his spot?

23-06-2015, 05:40 PM
Yeah, so back to Birraz. Bloke is lucky he gets to prove himself to yet another coach. Am I wrong in thinking both times he's been dropped he's straight away started to look to an overseas move instead of fighting to retain his spot?

No you are not wrong. His lack of interest body language every time he has been dropped had me not caring one way or another at his return.

la bazzle
23-06-2015, 06:16 PM
Disagree. He saw stubz was a mug and wanted to bail. Should be praised for his genius. Saved our arse time and time again had a rough patch and the knives are out from the plebs

plague
23-06-2015, 06:26 PM

I don't reackon.
Everyone reacts differently to criticism. Unless people know first hand from training etc he may have been busting his ass but couldn't get back in.
All horseshit aside he was not in good form when he got dropped then BK was solid enough in those early days to prevent him coming back.

But also Stubbs being a complete nonce probably screwed his confidence anyway.

I'm more than happy for Biraz to be back and fighting for his place. If it raises the standard of all our keepers then that can only be a good thing.

Jetmaster
23-06-2015, 06:45 PM
JP De Marigny "discovered" BK in 2005.....nuff said.

Thomas477
23-06-2015, 07:12 PM
JP De Marigny "discovered" BK in 2005.....nuff said.

Right then, found my next whipping boy.

JP OUT!

GazFish35
23-06-2015, 10:56 PM
I don't reackon.
Everyone reacts differently to criticism. Unless people know first hand from training etc he may have been busting his ass but couldn't get back in.
All horseshit aside he was not in good form when he got dropped then BK was solid enough in those early days to prevent him coming back.

But also Stubbs being a complete nonce probably screwed his confidence anyway.

I'm more than happy for Biraz to be back and fighting for his place. If it raises the standard of all our keepers then that can only be a good thing.
This.

pv4
23-06-2015, 11:06 PM
I am very interested if BK will raise his efforts in training etc to actually attempt to regain number 1 or if he'll just go through the motions until Biraz drops himself again.

Because speaking to people involved - BK did sfa for his own cause, to the point where no one thought he even cared or even acted professional, and it all kind of just fell in his lap last year.

The Dunster
23-06-2015, 11:17 PM
I am very interested if BK will raise his efforts in training etc to actually attempt to regain number 1 or if he'll just go through the motions until Biraz drops himself again.

Because speaking to people involved - BK did sfa for his own cause, to the point where no one thought he even cared or even acted professional, and it all kind of just fell in his lap last year.

Not easy to act professional when khunts aren't paying your wages on time.
You also have to remember he's had a lot on his mind with respect to his mother.
Professional or not it would have to get you down at times regardless.

Talking about being professional. What could be more unprofessional than so called "people involved" questioning BK's professionalism with someone not within the playing or coaching group. That's just more evidence of how ****ed this club really is.

Everyone cries out for more professionalism but it's wall to wall 12 year old girls whining about who the best boy band are for this week.

Jetmaster
24-06-2015, 09:05 AM
attempt to regain number 1

Last I looked BK was the number 1 - it's up to Flappa to knuckle down, get phased and win his position back.

to the point where no one thought he even cared or even acted professional

Could easily say the same about Flappa!

Jeterpool
24-06-2015, 09:13 AM
Last I looked BK was the number 1 - it's up to Flappa to knuckle down, get phased and win his position back.

Could easily say the same about Flappa!

I think it's back to square one because it's a new coach and all positions are up for grabs - not just the keepers.

Boss
24-06-2015, 09:39 AM
The undisputed dispute.

pv4
24-06-2015, 09:48 PM
Last I looked BK was the number 1

Where are you checking? Last time I checked, BK was number 20.

Captain Obvious
24-06-2015, 11:56 PM
Where are you checking? Last time I checked, BK was number 20.

Jetmaster was talking about his ranking in the team.

Thomas477
25-06-2015, 11:03 AM
Jetmaster was talking about his ranking in the team.

Well given we only had 1 keeper until Birraz re-signed, he's right.

Jetmaster
25-06-2015, 12:16 PM
Ahh - but we did have two keepers when BK ascended the throne.

pv4
25-06-2015, 03:38 PM
Ahh - but we did have two keepers when BK ascended the throne.

So what you're saying is BK is kinda like Joffrey from Game of Thrones - does nothing to earn the throne and it just kinda gets given to him.

Wilso8948
25-06-2015, 04:30 PM
So what you're saying is BK is kinda like Joffrey from Game of Thrones - does nothing to earn the throne and it just kinda gets given to him.

More like stannis.. Everyone knows he's the rightful heir however we all still think he's a ****

Thomas477
25-06-2015, 07:52 PM

:lulzturtle:

And let's not forget, the reason BK got promoted ahead of Birraz last year was because Birraz had an off day with his kicking, he made a lot of good saves inc a pen in that game vs roar.

Jeterpool
25-06-2015, 08:11 PM

And let's not forget, the reason BK got promoted ahead of Birraz last year was because Birraz had an off day with his kicking, he made a lot of good saves inc a pen in that game vs roar.

He didn't let in 7

Jetmaster
25-06-2015, 08:35 PM

You can't honestly believe that one game was it?

The Dunster
25-06-2015, 09:22 PM
You can't honestly believe that one game was it?

The Roar game was probably his best effort in months and while the score looked bad it was hardly his fault that the defence clocked off ten mins before the pre game warm-up finished
However, the half a dozen games before that he was absolutely terrible and looked like a kid that was completely out of his comfort zone.
From not being in command in the 6 yard box to his rushes of blood leaving the 18 yard box he just doesn't have the mentality required to make it to the top.
He could have the best technique in history but it's not going to be worth jack shit if he's not mentally up for it - and this kid is definitely not up for it mentally.

stopper2
25-06-2015, 10:11 PM
^^^^^
A big YAAAAAAAWWWNNNNN to the comments above!!!
I find it all irrelevant when we have much more concerning issues, like the fact we at the present only have 14 players.
It would be great if the battle for the N0. 1 GK spot was our most pressing concern but really it is the least of our worries at the present.
Both are very different keepers with different attributes and weaknesses, with a new coach coming on board it will hopefully bring out the best in both of them as to who eventually takes the No. 1 spot....and as a supporter that is all I'm concerned about, not being a "fan boy" for one or the other.

Footyhead
25-06-2015, 10:59 PM
End of thread

The Dunster
26-06-2015, 12:17 AM
^^^^^
A big YAAAAAAAWWWNNNNN to the comments above!!!
I find it all irrelevant when we have much more concerning issues, like the fact we at the present only have 14 players.
It would be great if the battle for the N0. 1 GK spot was our most pressing concern but really it is the least of our worries at the present.
Both are very different keepers with different attributes and weaknesses, with a new coach coming on board it will hopefully bring out the best in both of them as to who eventually takes the No. 1 spot....and as a supporter that is all I'm concerned about, not being a "fan boy" for one or the other.

The fact that we have two keepers of essentially equal talent sucking up a big part of the cap is a very pressing concern which no doubt will make it difficult to find the eight or so players we need to form a competitive team. And by competitive I'm talking running 2nd last rather than last. Finals football for this club is not going to happen for a very very long time.

plague
26-06-2015, 01:00 AM
End of thread

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooo

650 posts and we've come so far.

militiamon
02-07-2015, 09:17 PM
Spotted Birraz the other night on Derby St sporting a pair of Balenciaga sneakers.

Has improved his choice of footwear if nothing else.

GazFish35
02-07-2015, 10:16 PM
At this stage the no.1 spot will go to the bloke who offers least in a shirt numbered 2 to 11.

RAM
08-07-2015, 11:21 AM
BK improved a lot last year IMO.

Birraz has better reflexes, but he commands the box as much as Napoleon Dynamite's brother.

Someone needs to buy the kid a steak and get him to bulk up a little.

BK should be ahead atm in my books.

Grimario
08-07-2015, 11:26 AM
BK improved a lot last year IMO.

Birraz has better reflexes, but he commands the box as much as Napoleon Dynamite's brother.

Someone needs to buy the kid a steak and get him to bulk up a little.

BK should be ahead atm in my books.

You also think Iain Ramsay is a good signing though...

RAM
08-07-2015, 11:39 AM
You also think Iain Ramsay is a good signing though...

No, I said he's worth a look if the price is right.

Would be a handy squadie to add some pace down the left flank.

Grimario
08-07-2015, 11:48 AM
No, I said he's worth a look if the price is right.

Would be a handy squadie to add some pace down the left flank.

The only good price for dross like Ramsay is if he is paying us to play.

We have Brennan as a squadie and from his time in NPL, he appears to play across the front 3 and is decent with either foot. Something that is at a polar opposites with Ramsay who is decent with neither.

pv4
08-07-2015, 01:10 PM
I think RAM has found himself a shadow :rof:

RAM
09-07-2015, 06:36 PM

think you're right :rof:

GazFish35
09-07-2015, 07:32 PM

Grimario
09-07-2015, 08:12 PM

Nah, just the latest shit poster with ****ing daft opinions has found someone who will call him out on his nonsense instead of ignoring it.

RAM
10-07-2015, 09:54 AM
Nah, just the latest shit poster with ****ing daft opinions has found someone who will call him out on his nonsense instead of ignoring it.

lol

I'm sure Griff is good for 15-20 goals a season at 36 years of age as well

joel31
10-07-2015, 07:40 PM
lol

I'm sure Griff is good for 15-20 goals a season at 36 years of age as well
doubting Griff is ban worthy

pv4
21-07-2015, 10:15 AM
From The Herald (http://bit.ly/4kb77v)

Gloves on in battle to decide Jets top goalkeeper
By JAMES GARDINER July 20, 2015, 9:49 p.m

THE battle for the No.1 goalkeeping position at the Jets is on, and the man in charge of the shot-stoppers, Jess Vanstrattan, expects the fight to go down to the wire.

Ben Kennedy and Mark Birighitti have occupied the No.1 seat at various stages over the past three years.

Birighitti usurped Kennedy when he arrived from Adelaide for the 2012-13 season.

He held the position for two years, winning the Jets player of the year in the first, before elevated to the Socceroos train-on squad for the 2014 FIFA World Cup.

Kennedy, the Jets player of the year in 2010-11, regained top spot after seven rounds last season. The change in order led to Birighitti being loaned out mid-season to Italian Serie B club Varese, where opportunities were limited.

Vanstrattan, pictured, took Birighitti’s place in the squad and had a dual role of back-up keeper and coach after Neil Young was part of a mid-season clean-out of support staff.

‘‘I’m not the type of person to say things for the sake of saying them,’’ he said after taking the keepers for his first session on Monday. ‘‘We are fortunate that we have two very good goalkeepers at this club.

‘‘BK finished last season pretty strong and hopefully he can pick up where he left off. Mark is someone, watching him from a distance on television, I thought always had a lot of potential. It is exciting to get my hands on both of them and work. They will start even and fight for the No.1 spot.’’

In a horror campaign, the Jets conceded a whopping 55 goals in 27 games last season, five more than the next worst Central Coast.

‘‘If you look at any league in the world, the teams at the top have conceded fewer goals,’’ Vanstrattan said.

‘‘It’s an area we will address as a team and as individuals.

‘‘I want the keepers to take pride in clean sheets and have a mentality of not being happy when the opposition score goals.’’

Birighitti, 24, made two appearances in six months at Varese.

Vanstrattan spent a decade in Italy, mainly at Verona, but also spent loan stints at a host of clubs including powerhouse Juventus.

‘‘Mark didn’t play as much as he would have liked in the past six months,’’ Vanstrattan said. ‘‘I have been there and done that.

‘‘The life of a goalkeeper is totally different to a field player, where you can get 15 or 20 minutes here and there.

‘‘As a keeper, you play or you don’t.

‘‘I stressed today the importance of their approach to training, always being ready, never dropping the baton ... you never know when your chance will come.

‘‘To give themselves the best opportunity, and to best serve the team, we need both of them ready and really peaking when they need to be.

‘‘That is one thing that holds me in good stead as a coach, I have been through all the different situations that a goalkeeper will go through.

‘‘Through their body language I can see how they are and what they are going through.

‘‘I spent 10 years in what I believe is one of the best countries tactically and technically. It is a a great goalkeeper school in terms of education.

‘‘I’m in regular contact with my former coaches to get ideas and bounce things off.’’

Initially recruited by former coach Phil Stubbins, Vanstrattan said every coach has ‘‘their own methods’’.

‘‘I’m looking forward to having the pre-season to really plan what we are going to work on,’’ he said. ‘‘From my first meeting with Scott Miller and JP [de Marigny] it was really good.

‘‘What I love is where they are setting the bar for everybody.

‘‘This is professional football and a results driven game.

‘‘Everyone has to be accountable. It is an exciting environment to come back in to.’’

The bolded part can't be good news for BK. I've heard him described as one of the worst trainers out there, always looking disinterested.

The Dunster
21-07-2015, 11:36 AM

The bolded part can't be good news for BK. I've heard him described as one of the worst trainers out there, always looking disinterested.

I wasn't aware Hutcho attended Jets training sessions ? Anyway.

Choosing players based on how enthusuastic they are at training certainly didn't work for GVE or Stubbins.

The way Birraz jumps around during a match could be seen as enthusiasm by some and as plain and simply bat shit crazy by others.

BK's laid back nature could be viewed as laziness or indeed it could translate to someone that is calm under pressure.

Either way, which ever keeper gets the job I'm certain that clean sheets will be rare as rocking horse poo.

Grimario
21-07-2015, 11:46 AM

Gees mate, if we are purely picking players on enthusiasm then your best gypo mate Sainsbury would never get a look in.

plague
21-07-2015, 12:06 PM
‘‘If you look at any league in the world, the teams at the top have conceded fewer goals,’’ Vanstrattan said.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you part of our new 'brains trust'.

Jesus ****ing Christ this club is the worst.

plague
21-07-2015, 12:08 PM

As opposed to not being fazed when letting one in from 40yards?

GazFish35
21-07-2015, 12:11 PM
ive heard the same about Birraz.

q-money
21-07-2015, 12:23 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you part of our new 'brains trust'.

Jesus ****ing Christ this club is the worst.

:rof:

pv4
21-07-2015, 12:45 PM
ive heard the same about Birraz.

This is interesting, if legit. I've only ever heard glowing reviews of Biraz from peiple who have trained with him. And only seen similar when watching trainings myself.

For those interested in "Micky" Bridges commentating on the Adelaide game last night, talking about how Craig Goodwin used to practice after training on his corners and free kicks. I saw him do it at least 3 different trainings. It was great to watch. And every single time, BK was first keeper in the showers whereas Biraz was out with Craig trying to save his shots and crosses.

q-money
21-07-2015, 12:46 PM
just go and marry him ffs

pv4
21-07-2015, 12:52 PM

Standing at the altar in dat jade jersey :wub:

Grimario
21-07-2015, 12:55 PM

Why wouldn't you marry him? He's a keeper :wub:

q-money
21-07-2015, 01:14 PM
:rof:

Grimario
21-07-2015, 01:17 PM
:gent:

The Dunster
21-07-2015, 01:45 PM
Standing at the altar in dat jade jersey :wub:

http://i.imgur.com/8vhne4D.jpg

pv4
09-08-2015, 01:04 PM
According to the FFA Cup squad announcement, Biraz has been given the number 1 squad number.

I would have been really interested in what the reaction would have been if BK was given it tbh

GazFish35
09-08-2015, 05:04 PM
Given the undisputed amount of dispute in this thread I think a thread name change might be in order.

Suggestions?

Goalkeeper Death-match thread
BirraBKDebatethread
UnphasedCoastieLossGenerator vs scapegoatfromseason6

plague
09-08-2015, 05:22 PM
Just call it the "I'm right and you're wrong" thread.

pv4
09-08-2015, 05:22 PM
Biraz vs BK Deathmatch for sure

Jeterpool
09-08-2015, 05:56 PM
Birraz vs BK death match thread - Dive and distribute

hawk
09-08-2015, 06:19 PM
lego man vs ponce

belchardo
09-08-2015, 06:40 PM
think we should title the thread "to dive or not to dive"

GazFish35
09-08-2015, 07:14 PM
To BK or not to BK

To be phased, or not to be phased

MFKS
09-08-2015, 11:02 PM
According to the FFA Cup squad announcement, Biraz has been given the number 1 squad number.

I would have been really interested in what the reaction would have been if BK was given it tbh

So he ought to get it

Best keeper we have

The Dunster
09-08-2015, 11:05 PM
lego man vs ponce

five star thread title right there.

RAM
10-08-2015, 10:11 AM
So he ought to get it

Best keeper we have

lol

Jetmaster
10-08-2015, 11:42 AM
So he ought to get it

Best keeper we have

Yeah - BK's preference for number 20 because of the symbolism with the pink day for BK number 20 t-shirts supporting his mum shouldn't come into it.

Agree with Gaz - too much dispute for the thread title to be relevant.

plague
11-08-2015, 10:59 PM
just warming this thread up so everyone can find it in about 10 mins or so.

hawk
11-08-2015, 11:01 PM
carrrn

hawk
11-08-2015, 11:09 PM
nil saves thanks birraz

plague
11-08-2015, 11:10 PM
hi guys how did Biraz go on those penalties i didn't watch much did he get a hand on any or even pick the right way I'm not sure I'm watching a replay of BK beating the Gold Coast single handedly all good though glad we've got one awesome keeper and one steaming turd*.

*pick your own order

The Camel
11-08-2015, 11:38 PM
No good on the pens. Made two absolute cracking saves during the game tho

plague
11-08-2015, 11:40 PM
No good on the pens. Made two absolute cracking saves during the game tho

Wait.
Was that a balanced assessment of a performance?
A post without hyperbole?

Get that shit out of here young man, WE NEED MORE OUTRAGE!!!!!!!!

q-money
11-08-2015, 11:42 PM
birraz did 9/11 there i said it

The Dunster
11-08-2015, 11:42 PM
What was Birraz wearing pre game and how did his hair look ?

The Camel
11-08-2015, 11:43 PM
birraz did 9/11 there i said it

And he's still a better bloke and keeper than that dopey **** Bk. There you go plague

Premy
12-08-2015, 12:31 AM
Punched without pressure when he should have caught.

Flat footed on 3-4 corners in HIS 6yard box.

Communication with his defenders was limited to "clear" "out" and my 2 favourites were "must go"(when there was no pressure) and "shoot"(to a bloke 35 yards out)

Watched a ball hit his crossbar (after he flapped at a cross)
Which he then produced a good(but unnecessary if he cleared his line in the first place) save

Called "Keeper" to a long ball that didn't make the penalty spot and he didn't get to.

His distribution was faultless from memory.

Keepers can never be blamed in penalties and I don't think there was 1 Perth penalty were anyone can say he should have saved it.

Retro Jet
12-08-2015, 01:32 AM
Pending the new owners, positions unfilled, injuries etc, if Miller doesn't go for a quality keeper in the January transfer window,
it'll be a new keeper here next season for sure...

GazFish35
12-08-2015, 02:05 AM
Premy hit the nail.

He was solid for his first game in ages.

Great saves and stuff to work on.

Jetmaster
12-08-2015, 08:59 AM
Probably would've saved three pens if he didn't dive.

leftrightout
12-08-2015, 09:49 AM
Penalties these days are simple.... just stay im the middle of the goals.
Seems every man and his dog wants to do the Cruyff.

joel31
12-08-2015, 10:29 AM
didn't dive on marinkovic freekick. Could have gone in. Birraz OUT!

The Camel
12-08-2015, 10:56 AM
didn't dive on marinkovic freekick. Could have gone in. Birraz OUT!

Was so confident in his bearings that he knew it never looked like going in

GazFish35
12-08-2015, 01:55 PM
this thread really has decended into a parrydy of itself.

belchardo
12-08-2015, 02:20 PM
terrible gaz. kutgw :lulz:

GazFish35
12-08-2015, 02:56 PM
someone has to save things.

Jetmaster
13-08-2015, 03:07 PM
He will save us all...

Jeterpool
13-08-2015, 03:15 PM
someone has to save things.

I'm not that phased, to be honest

plague
11-10-2015, 09:06 PM
Bloke was excellent tonight.
Good stubble too.
Excellent fake injuries.
Someones got in his ear.
Good to see.

even though all pens should be saved etc etc etc

turbojetfireV8
11-10-2015, 09:16 PM
yeah yeah, one swallow (or save) doesn't make a season - will need to be doing that every game before I get on the bandwagon... ;)

matty
11-10-2015, 09:20 PM
distribution wasnt the best. rarely hit one of our blokes. save was boss, actually come for a cross. not inspiring but solid none the less

la bazzle
11-10-2015, 09:21 PM
Was man of the match by far. Legend.

Jetmaster
11-10-2015, 09:24 PM
Distribution was Reddyesque. Lold at the "Who da man?" reaction after the pen.

Looked much improved but will reserve judgement for a few weeks.

belchardo
11-10-2015, 09:36 PM
Only criticism I have is that he should have come for those balls in the last couple of minutes.

Otherwise, pretty bloody good match. Especially like the "cramp" and when he slipped on his arse :rof:

Superdylan
11-10-2015, 09:44 PM
Top game by birraz

Birraz any day over bk.

Jetmaster
12-10-2015, 08:47 AM
Birraz any day over bk.

Don't start - we will have our day in the sun again very soon no doubt.

The Camel
12-10-2015, 09:56 AM
Top game by birraz

Birraz any day over bk.

Agreed, Jets would have lost by 2-3 if BK had played in goals

plague
12-10-2015, 01:41 PM
Agreed, Jets would have lost by 2-3 if BK had played in goals

and we would have won by 12 if Griff was up front so you're saying our new striker is shit then.
Geez it's been one game and you hate Serbs already. Discrace.

q-money
12-10-2015, 02:19 PM
would have helped the old bank balance if big milos nailed that ridiculous scissor kick...serbs ffs

plague
12-10-2015, 03:04 PM
if big milos nailed that ridiculous scissor kick

I'm pretty sure that was actually BK's fault.

idontwannaplaywithhowey
12-10-2015, 04:22 PM
Only criticism I have is that he should have come for those balls in the last couple of minutes.

Otherwise, pretty bloody good match. Especially like the "cramp" and when he slipped on his arse :rof:

Agreed. Would have liked him to take control in that circumstance, something that he needs to continue to work on.

RAM
13-10-2015, 01:20 PM
Distribution was Reddyesque. Lold at the "Who da man?" reaction after the pen.

Looked much improved but will reserve judgement for a few weeks.

x2

rhysd
17-10-2015, 08:56 PM
Birraz, updates? He was colossal tonight.

Fairgo
17-10-2015, 09:08 PM

hawk
17-10-2015, 09:13 PM
He's fine

plague
17-10-2015, 09:22 PM
Gigi buffon would never have quit on his team with a boo boo.

Jeterpool
17-10-2015, 09:33 PM
So, who is our third choice keeper?

Fairgo
17-10-2015, 09:36 PM

I believe the new youth keeper is Blake Tuxford so assuming it would be him.

Liam26
17-10-2015, 09:48 PM
Hope Smeltz pays the dental fees...

Jetmaster
17-10-2015, 10:00 PM
Van Strattan went for Smeltz at fulltime...had to be dragged away.

Jeterpool
17-10-2015, 10:10 PM
Van Strattan went for Smeltz at fulltime...had to be dragged away.

Missed that. Good

rhysd
17-10-2015, 10:22 PM
He is the filthiest of the grubs.

Football is us
17-10-2015, 10:26 PM
The match review panel should punish Smeltz. This at least the second time he has seriously injured a 'keeper. He is a danger on the field.

Retro Jet
17-10-2015, 10:26 PM

He's fine

Is that a phucking tooth on the poor blokes chin?
Lynch mob required for one prick of a bearded kiwi...

Thomas477
17-10-2015, 10:34 PM
The match review panel should punish Smeltz. This at least the second time he has seriously injured a 'keeper. He is a danger on the field.

Not only that, but if he isn't sanctioned at all, they're saying it's okay to kick keepers in the head, which as a keeper myself, scares the shit out of me. The FFA have a duty of care they MUST enforce to show that this type of behaviour isn't accepted.

Retro Jet
17-10-2015, 10:35 PM

I make it around 4 times.
3 times in A-League and 1 International keeper form mermory too.

Football is us
17-10-2015, 10:41 PM
Yes, people are telling me that he is becoming serial at this, how many injuries have to happen before some action is taken?

Thomas477
17-10-2015, 11:11 PM
I make it around 4 times.
3 times in A-League and 1 International keeper form mermory too.

Who was the third A-League guy besides Youngy and Birraz?

The Dunster
17-10-2015, 11:14 PM
Smeltz is a ****ing disgrace. It's one thing to be competitive it is an entirely different thing to completely disregard the well being of others.

I look forward to seeing a defender snap Smeltz's tibia in the not too distant future

With respect to Birraz I hope he's ok and not in too much pain.

In the last two games he's now put it beyond doubt that he is our number 1 keeper and that on current form he is the first player that should be selected every week.

Thomas477
17-10-2015, 11:30 PM
Can anyone confirm that play was restarted with a drop ball after the incident?

If it was, it means that the ref didn't see the contact which means that the MRP can **** Smeltz up.

MFKS
17-10-2015, 11:31 PM
It was definitely a drop ball

Was uncontested and Smurfs rolled through to BK harmlessly

Thomas477
17-10-2015, 11:46 PM
It was definitely a drop ball

Was uncontested and Smurfs rolled through to BK harmlessly

Cheers.

Hope Smeltz is ready for a holiday. No way in hell can the FFA let that go. Ref didn't see it, so they're free to go.

plague
17-10-2015, 11:47 PM
Jeebus Christ it was one of those things.
Duty of care get the **** over yourself.
Shit happens, injuries heal, Biraz will be back.

GazFish35
17-10-2015, 11:49 PM
Feel for him.
Gutsy to go for the ball when he did.
Hope he's in good medical hands.

And hope smeltz is dealt with.

The Camel
18-10-2015, 12:02 AM
Jeebus Christ it was one of those things.
Duty of care get the **** over yourself.
Shit happens, injuries heal, Biraz will be back.

Sorry but get ****ed. Bloke has form. It's ****ing reckless and he needs a lengthy spell

Football is us
18-10-2015, 12:11 AM
Sorry but get ****ed. Bloke has form. It's ****ing reckless and he needs a lengthy spell

I entirely agree, and hope that the MRP deal with him, but it might be that they aren't allowed to consider previous form and only consider and act on this particular incident. What Smeltz is doing is nothing other than cheating, and cheating in a very malicious way. Cheats should be banished from the game.

front2
18-10-2015, 12:15 AM
Yeah nice. Fck Smeltz up for a few weeks. Smooth things out for Sydneys next few opponents. Our result still stands as a loss.

skullboy
18-10-2015, 05:22 AM
Hahaha, I assume you are joking. If not, you are one dumb unit. Smeltz shouldn't be back on the park for at least a month.

plague
18-10-2015, 07:18 AM

Sorry, just looking back on the civil liberties brigades comments after Kantas tackle earlier.
No one talking about duty of care there.
Smelts was closer to the ball than Kanta.
Keep fighting the good fight though my brother.
We will prevail.

WolfMan
18-10-2015, 07:34 AM
WRT Kanta's "tackle", I thought he was lucky to stay on the park.

Smeltz is a deadset flog, he was never going to win the ball there and as others have stated, I hope the MRP deal out a just sentence.

rhysd
18-10-2015, 08:35 AM
Kanta should have gone (had a good game though otherwise).

Smeltz should be gone for a few weeks, almost looked like at the time he thought birraz was faking. Now we are without our number 1 for however many weeks (pending damage)

baldrick
18-10-2015, 08:52 AM

Birraz is likely to be out for quite a while now, would we be entitled to sign another on a short term contract to cover ?

GazFish35
18-10-2015, 09:05 AM
We need a song for birraz about having no face.

And one line must be "Smetlz is a ****"

joel31
18-10-2015, 09:08 AM
Birraz is likely to be out for quite a while now, would we be entitled to sign another on a short term contract to cover ?
I think Tuxford is the first choice youth team keeper but I could be wrong

Thomas477
18-10-2015, 10:17 AM
Wouldn't mind us signing Nathan Coe as a replacement for Birraz.

MFKS
18-10-2015, 10:18 AM
Sorry, just looking back on the civil liberties brigades comments after Kantas tackle earlier.
No one talking about duty of care there.
Smelts was closer to the ball than Kanta.
Keep fighting the good fight though my brother.
We will prevail.

I think I said something along the line of he was lucky to stay on the park.

Kanta had studs up high and going in with force. To me that it is a straight red every day of the week

More a reflection on the refs who get 1-2 of them each week in the HAL and rarely show red

I was watching the ref reaching into his pocket expecting it to be red.

I was surprised it was yellow

As for Smeltz

Dog act

As he ran for the ball he would have known he was coming 2nd

He made no effort to avoid Birraz at all.

Accidents happen

But when he made no effort and leaves the boot in. **** can get ****ed for all I care

On a more important note now we look like we have a few weeks to hammer BK

For Birraz fanbois their is the silver lining

GazFish35
18-10-2015, 11:04 AM
there not their

boz-monaut
18-10-2015, 11:10 AM
there's just something really confronting about facial injuries and this one is horrific

Ange said it well on Offsiders that Smeltz has a duty of care with challenges like this

given his previous form on smashing up keepers' faces, this goes well beyond carelessness

Jetmaster
18-10-2015, 11:17 AM
What is worse for Birraz fanbois....a few weeks of BK or seeing his pretty face FUBAR?

I note that nobody has picked up on his flap attack in the first half, or that worrying technique he has of letting the ball bounce off his hands rather than catch it outright.

No worry though that 10 mins of BK means the sky is falling. Gonna be a fun couple of weeks in this thread!

MFKS
18-10-2015, 11:24 AM
What is worse for Birraz fanbois....a few weeks of BK or seeing his pretty face FUBAR?

I note that nobody has picked up on his flap attack in the first half, or that worrying technique he has of letting the ball bounce off his hands rather than catch it outright.

No worry though that 10 mins of BK means the sky is falling. Gonna be a fun couple of weeks in this thread!

The sky did fall in as soon as BK came on

We lost.

Birraz 70 odd mins clean sheet
BK 15 mins and all hell broke loose in our back 4

The effort for the goal was not the greatest at all.

Where though we're the blokes on the post??

Football basics when defending a corner. Wish teams would stop reinventing the wheel.

One on each post keeps goals out.

Not ****ing rocket science

GazFish35
18-10-2015, 11:42 AM
The sky did fall in as soon as BK came on

We lost.

Birraz 70 odd mins clean sheet
BK 15 mins and all hell broke loose in our back 4

The effort for the goal was not the greatest at all.

Where though we're the blokes on the post??

Football basics when defending a corner. Wish teams would stop reinventing the wheel.

One on each post keeps goals out.

Not ****ing rocket science

Not to mention brosque losing his man and the beating three to the header.
BK was unsighted till very late, from the reverse angle.

This thread is going to get tedious.

Birraz was solid last night, but has a few things to work on, I noticed him still stepping backwards a few times when the ball was in that "corridor of uncertainty"

BK too was solid, made one good stop, communication with back4 needs to improve, but he's come on when we are under the pump and rattled by the nature of birraz's injury so some settling in hiccups would be expected.

Thread prediction....

Birraz fanboys to ignore his weaknesses and only talk about his strengths... While picking out errors in BK's game, ignoring his strengths and attributing blame to BK for other errors.

BK moderates to acknowledge his weaknesses, but also focus on his strengths, acknowledge Birraz is a quality keeper and attribute blame more analytically than reactionary, then be accused of being a bk fanboi.

Simple fact is we've got two decent keepers. Birraz started in good form, hopefully BK can too, and Birraz can recover and return quickly with bk in good enough form to force Birraz to earn his spot back ASAP. Lads thing we need is either keeper sliding in form to reduce pressure on the other.

GazFish35
18-10-2015, 11:49 AM
In the mean time, Birraz is out of surgery and will make a full recovery..... But first port of call is Shane smeltz' children's nightmares......

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRXFsRdLM0emI9F8DVBeofPSAnfxMf7k Mi-XJxh5AZbKInpIZ4hE-plGAdH