PDA

View Full Version : The endless (and probably pointless) GK debate thread.

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

WolfMan
18-10-2015, 01:14 PM
Hey you guys!

lquiquer
18-10-2015, 01:27 PM
@Gatty54: Update on Birighitti. He had stitches inserted in mouth, no structural damage, lost at 3 teeth. Turned up at team recov session 2day.

hawk
18-10-2015, 02:12 PM
@Gatty54: Update on Birighitti. He had stitches inserted in mouth, no structural damage, lost at 3 teeth. Turned up at team recov session 2day.

fkn ay, that is newy.

GazFish35
18-10-2015, 02:40 PM
Give him a beer and a dart!

Liam26
18-10-2015, 03:30 PM
Sounds like he is ready for Friday ;)

Jeterpool
18-10-2015, 04:06 PM
This isn't the first time Birraz has put his face on the line. Remember he had a fractured cheek bone as well back a few years ago?

Liam26
18-10-2015, 04:43 PM
Can I suggested giant tooth shaped posters/cut-outs for his first game back? :P

rhysd
18-10-2015, 05:01 PM
Legend

lquiquer
18-10-2015, 06:23 PM
http://www.newcastlejets.com.au/article/update-mark-birighitti-visits-teammates-dentist/4wcswkmnxk1v15nl0vnpbp2ed

MFKS
18-10-2015, 08:07 PM
fkn ay, that is newy.

Bloke is fazed

halo se7en
18-10-2015, 11:08 PM
We need a song for birraz about having no face.

And one line must be "Smetlz is a ****"

'Am I ever gunna see your face again?'

'Shane Smeltz, get ****ed, **** off'

hawk
19-10-2015, 12:05 AM
Some top bloke from New Caledonia delivers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y44CLvix_YA

Jeterpool
19-10-2015, 06:40 AM

"Can I come along and kick your face again"

Then your second line

plague
19-10-2015, 10:11 AM
Heard a good interview with Biraz this morning he discussed what happened.
Handled himself well and was very fair in his assessment of what happened.

Much respect to the bloke for that.

Bon
19-10-2015, 10:41 AM
Hey you guys!

:lulzturtle:

Local Rules
19-10-2015, 11:02 AM
Poster idea for when Birraz returns - "You Can't Handle the Tooth"

WolfMan
19-10-2015, 11:18 AM

Then your second line

Yes please, Sydney away

belchardo
19-10-2015, 11:25 AM
ground announcer could announce smeltz as shane "the dentist's friend" smeltz

Wilso8948
19-10-2015, 12:11 PM
Heard a good interview with Biraz this morning he discussed what happened.
Handled himself well and was very fair in his assessment of what happened.

Much respect to the bloke for that.

Did it go something like this?

"Mpph hmmph hpppmmfff mmaaa fffferrrrr"

The Dunster
19-10-2015, 01:11 PM
Some top bloke from New Caledonia delivers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y44CLvix_YA

Absolutely disgraceful play from Smeltz. He blatantly delivers a head butt to the other blokes foot and the referee doesn't even give him a yellow for it.

leftrightout
19-10-2015, 01:18 PM
ground announcer could announce smeltz as shane "the dentist's friend" smeltz

Well he certainly isn't Anti-Dentite!

GazFish35
19-10-2015, 01:30 PM
http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/sydney-fc/sydney-fcs-shane-smeltz-remorseful-for-mark-birighitti-injury-but-vows-not-to-change-style-20151018-gkc2dy.html

smeltz confirms he's a dog.

How many times do you see and how many times have strikers and goalkeepers collided? Nine times out of 10, it's just a collision where the striker falls over the goalkeeper and nothing happens. It's part of the game, sometimes these things happen and nobody goes into games with the intention to cause harm," he said.

99 times out of 100 the striker sees whats about to happen and changes his run, doesn't swing a foot, or jumps, to avoid the collision and protect the keeper you ****.

Smeltz struggled to focus on the remainder of the match after the incident as Birighitti's wellbeing was all that occupied his thoughts but says the freak incident won't stop him from challenging a goalkeeper for the ball in games.

"I've thought about that, I don't think it will. I've always been the same player and I don't need to change it in any way," Smeltz said.

clearly you're demented. you need to change the way to react when you've clearly been beaten to the ball.
no-one is saying don't go for thiose challenges, just know when tp pull out - in this case you had plenty of time to avoid kicking the blokes teeth in

"I've been on the end of this and as painful and unfortunate as it is, it's harder to be on this side because I caused it," he said.

oh, that's right, your victim here! FFS you play next week, he doesn't.
you eat steak last night, he has smoothies for a month.

if you really feel bad, sit out for as long as hes out.

"With all due respect to Shane, it is of my opinion that due to his irresponsible and reckless challenge Mark Birighitti is in hospital. His main concern should be the welfare of Mark Birighitti and his future rather than his perception of how he's been portrayed," Bosnich said.

well said bozza.
if smeltz deonst want to be pportrayed as reckless **** who plays dangerously he should stop being a reckless ****er who plays dangerously.

belchardo
19-10-2015, 01:38 PM
so does anybody know when the MRP decisions come out?

GazFish35
19-10-2015, 01:56 PM
it has to be not included in the referees report first.

belchardo
19-10-2015, 02:00 PM
article I read on fox sports said that was to be handed in yesterday.

WolfMan
19-10-2015, 02:04 PM
To be fair, this is our fault. If the club had signed him before he went to Perth, he would only be able to kick our GK's in training

Football is us
19-10-2015, 02:22 PM
http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/sydney-fc/sydney-fcs-shane-smeltz-remorseful-for-mark-birighitti-injury-but-vows-not-to-change-style-20151018-gkc2dy.html

smeltz confirms he's a dog.

99 times out of 100 the striker sees whats about to happen and changes his run, doesn't swing a foot, or jumps, to avoid the collision and protect the keeper you ****.

clearly you're demented. you need to change the way to react when you've clearly been beaten to the ball.
no-one is saying don't go for thiose challenges, just know when tp pull out - in this case you had plenty of time to avoid kicking the blokes teeth in

oh, that's right, your victim here! FFS you play next week, he doesn't.
you eat steak last night, he has smoothies for a month.

if you really feel bad, sit out for as long as hes out.

well said bozza.
if smeltz deonst want to be pportrayed as reckless **** who plays dangerously he should stop being a reckless ****er who plays dangerously.

My sentiments exactly, it would be fair if the MRP gave him the same time out of the game as Birra. If he got the same time out as Neil Young, he'd be banned for life. I don't think the MRP will be that kind to the game though. If Smeltz doesn't change his style of play there will be further incidents like this.

Thomas477
19-10-2015, 02:44 PM
From my understanding, all the ref has to say is that he didn't see any contact between them, which would be backed up by him restarting play with a drop ball.

I can't see how if he saw the contact, he didn't award a free kick, even if he thought it was accidental.

lil_masi
19-10-2015, 03:15 PM
Smeltz has been cleared. No case to answer. Joke!!

Grimario
19-10-2015, 03:50 PM
Disgrace

Ref saw it and to appropriate action... Which was aparrently to let play continue and restart later with a drop ball.

belchardo
19-10-2015, 03:53 PM
unbelievable.

MFKS
19-10-2015, 03:57 PM
Smeltz has been cleared. No case to answer. Joke!!

Its the FFA

They have a repeated history of ****ing things up. They were never likely to suspend him for it anyway

Good news is now Hutcho has retired we now have found our new No1 **** to hate on.

Welcome Shane Smeltz

RAM
19-10-2015, 03:58 PM
What is worse for Birraz fanbois....a few weeks of BK or seeing his pretty face FUBAR?

I note that nobody has picked up on his flap attack in the first half, or that worrying technique he has of letting the ball bounce off his hands rather than catch it outright.

No worry though that 10 mins of BK means the sky is falling. Gonna be a fun couple of weeks in this thread!

yep

Bon
19-10-2015, 04:02 PM
Disgrace

Ref saw it and to appropriate action... Which was aparrently to let play continue and restart later with a drop ball.

But... But.. But didn't you read the article up above? Shane is the victim..
He knows how much it hurts, and how worse it is to be the one kicking the people in the face.. :gent:

In all seriousness though..
If he gets let off without any form of reprimand for what he did, then it is an absolute joke..

Retro Jet
19-10-2015, 04:15 PM
Accident? Really?
Then the bloke need to permanently wear a Balotelli v Man U shirt underneath for the next time it happens....

http://cdn29.us1.fansshare.com/pictures/mariobalotelli/mario-balotelli-why-always-me-hd-uhhb-why-always-me-2143069816.jpg

margie
19-10-2015, 05:00 PM
so angry about this, confirmed on herald website

Jeterpool
19-10-2015, 05:16 PM
Its the FFA

They have a repeated history of ****ing things up. They were never likely to suspend him for it anyway

Good news is now Hutcho has retired we now have found our new No1 **** to hate on.

Welcome Shane Smeltz

FFA not looking after their employee!

Thomas477
19-10-2015, 06:21 PM
Tbh, I'm more worried about Peter Green. You accidentally trip a bloke and it's a free kick, you kick a player in the head and it's a drop ball? I'll be surprised if we see him for a few weeks.

MFKS
19-10-2015, 06:24 PM
Tbh, I'm more worried about Peter Green. You accidentally trip a bloke and it's a free kick, you kick a player in the head and it's a drop ball? I'll be surprised if we see him for a few weeks.

Why be worried about him??

The rest of the clowns with the whistle ain't much better

Who they gonna replace him with??
The bloke who looks like Tando Velaphi or that clown Shaun Evans??

FMD

Best dig Matthew Breeze back up cause he is 10 times the ref than the current clowns will ever be

Schultz
19-10-2015, 07:29 PM
Its the FFA

Welcome Shane Smeltz

We all hate Smeltz thread

plague
19-10-2015, 10:19 PM
thought it was fair enough TBH but wouldn't have been too fazed if Smeltz got a week or two.

I think the bigger issue was Biraz admitting today that Smeltz was "one my very good friends".
Surely Jets hierarchy can come down hard on the bloke for such rash statements tainting the 'brand'.

As usual though Miller will prob just do nothing. Toothless tiger and all that.

Miller OUT

stopper2
19-10-2015, 11:02 PM
Not surprised whatsoever with the verdict. I actually would've been surprised if Smeltz was asked to appear at the MRP.
This is "Smeltzy" afterall, one of the pin-up boyz of the HAL, playing for Bling FC...Lowy's club. Sickening the way Kossie was talking about him last night on Shootout as if he was his little bumboy, Zelic comments too were disappointing to here, though not as blatantly supportive of Smeltz. Then you had Rudan tonight discussing the incident with Hill and surprise surprise being an ex-SFC player/captain...of course he is going to take Smeltzy's side and say that it was a 50-50 ball....yeah right fark off Rudes.
My opinion of these guys has taken a nosedive after hereing how they viewed the sickening incident and the way Kossie quickly pounced on Kanta's tackle saying it was much worse than Smeltz's.....NO Kossie compare how Naumoff came off after the incident with Kanta as compared to Birraz....NO comparison. Yes, Kanta's lunge/tackle had the "potential" to be worse than Smeltz's but there is a big difference to potential to what actually happened.
Anyway kudos to Bozza, the man at least had the balls to come out and say what was right for the game and the players welfare, not be swayed b other agendas or allegiances. He summed it up perfectly when he said that Smeltz did not show any duty of care towards his fellow player. It's times like this when you see the real characters of people. Bozza...Legend!!!

Liam26
19-10-2015, 11:08 PM
thought it was fair enough TBH but wouldn't have been too fazed if Smeltz got a week or two.

I think the bigger issue was Biraz admitting today that Smeltz was "one my very good friends".
Surely Jets hierarchy can come down hard on the bloke for such rash statements tainting the 'brand'.

As usual though Miller will prob just do nothing. Toothless tiger and all that.

Miller OUT

....what?

plague
20-10-2015, 12:00 AM
....what?

Pretty straight forward my brother.
I'll break the summary down to three main talking points.

1. Decision was fair enough.

2. Miller has done nothing.

3. Griff remains all conquering.

furns
20-10-2015, 12:33 AM
great to see plague remains "on message" with point 3 :thumbsup:

plague
20-10-2015, 07:06 AM
great to see plague remains "on message" with point 3 :thumbsup:

#brands #branding #onmessage #onpoint #postoftheday #griff #staywoke #jetfuelcantmeltsteelbeams

baldrick
20-10-2015, 07:46 AM
BATTERED but not broken, Jets goalkeeper Mark Birighitti hopes to play against A-League champions Melbourne Victory at Hunter Stadium on Friday night.

Birighitti had four teeth dislodged – two of which are believed to be buried in the turf at Turton Road – and required more than 40 stitches in his mouth and lip after being kicked in the face by Sydney FC striker Shane Smeltz in a drama-charged 1-0 loss to the Sky Blues on Saturday night.

Smeltz has been widely condemned for not pulling out of the challenge as Birighitti slid along the ground to grab a through ball.

But the Kiwi has escaped further scrutiny after referee Peter Green confirmed on Monday that he viewed the incident and deemed it accidental.

Birighitti had two teeth reinserted on Monday and will have further dental work on Wednesday.

‘‘I was worried at the start that there might be structural damage, but fortunately that is not the case,’’ said Birighitti, whose mother flew in from Perth on Monday to aid his recovery.

‘‘Certainly it could have been much worse.

‘‘My lip is swollen but I’m not in any pain which is a good sign.

‘‘I had a chat with the gaffer (Scott Miller) this morning and will sit down tomorrow with [goalkeeping coach] Jesse Vanstrattan and Justin Dougherty, the physio, and see where we are at.

‘‘I’m hoping to do modified sessions throughout the week.

‘‘I’m not ruling myself out for Friday night.

‘‘I’m keen to get back out there as soon as possible.

‘‘I want to do it for the players and the club itself, the club is heading in the right direction.

‘‘Also the reception I got from the fans coming off the field [on Saturday] was amazing.

‘‘Since then I have received a lot of support on social media.

‘‘I definitely want to give something back to them as well.’’

Ben Kennedy replaced Birighitti against Sydney and will start in goals on Friday if the 24-year-old is not cleared.

Under FIFA regulations, the Smeltz challenge could not be referred to the A-League Match Review Panel for investigation because it had been dealt with on field, much to the frustration of Birighitti.

Tough as old nails

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/3433357/game-on-birighitti-keen-to-play/?cs=306

WolfMan
20-10-2015, 07:57 AM

Then your second line

Safe to say, I've been thinking about this…

"He plays for Sydney now, he used to play for Perth.
His name is Shane Smeltz and he's worse than afterbirth.
Can I come along and kick your face again?
No way etc."

GazFish35
20-10-2015, 08:45 AM
I think nay chant we now come up with for birraz must include a reference to this incident, and be sung with a lisp.

MFKS
20-10-2015, 11:52 AM
Not surprised whatsoever with the verdict. I actually would've been surprised if Smeltz was asked to appear at the MRP.
This is "Smeltzy" afterall, one of the pin-up boyz of the HAL, playing for Bling FC...Lowy's club. Sickening the way Kossie was talking about him last night on Shootout as if he was his little bumboy, Zelic comments too were disappointing to here, though not as blatantly supportive of Smeltz. Then you had Rudan tonight discussing the incident with Hill and surprise surprise being an ex-SFC player/captain...of course he is going to take Smeltzy's side and say that it was a 50-50 ball....yeah right fark off Rudes.
My opinion of these guys has taken a nosedive after hereing how they viewed the sickening incident and the way Kossie quickly pounced on Kanta's tackle saying it was much worse than Smeltz's.....NO Kossie compare how Naumoff came off after the incident with Kanta as compared to Birraz....NO comparison. Yes, Kanta's lunge/tackle had the "potential" to be worse than Smeltz's but there is a big difference to potential to what actually happened.
Anyway kudos to Bozza, the man at least had the balls to come out and say what was right for the game and the players welfare, not be swayed b other agendas or allegiances. He summed it up perfectly when he said that Smeltz did not show any duty of care towards his fellow player. It's times like this when you see the real characters of people. Bozza...Legend!!!

I agree with what most of what you wrote except for the bit comparing Kantas tackle and Smeltzs tackle

Kantas tackle worse case scenario is old mate he attempted to hack has ACL badly broken legs/ankles and may never play again

Smeltzs tackle worse case scenario is a kick to the head could have been fatal to Birraz

To me Birraz got off pretty well with stitches claret missing teeth etc. Broken Jaw Cheekbones Eye Sockets could have happened easily let alone other conditions that can occur due to blows to a human head

Reality is the potential severity of injury was far greater in Smeltzs tackle than in Kantas

Bon
20-10-2015, 11:55 AM
I agree with what most of what you wrote except for the bit comparing Kantas tackle and Smeltzs tackle

Kantas tackle worse case scenario is old mate he attempted to hack has ACL badly broken legs/ankles and may never play again

Smeltzs tackle worse case scenario is a kick to the head could have been fatal to Birraz

To me Birraz got off pretty well with stitches claret missing teeth etc. Broken Jaw Cheekbones Eye Sockets could have happened easily let alone other conditions that can occur due to blows to a human head

Reality is the potential severity of injury was far greater in Smeltzs tackle than in Kantas

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2015/10/19/upset-smeltz-escapes-sanction-after-birighitti-injury

But what about Smeltz? Won't someone please think of him..
He is upset from the challenge.. And his head just isn't in the game at the moment..
Oh the humanity...
:gent:

Liam26
20-10-2015, 12:06 PM
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2015/10/19/upset-smeltz-escapes-sanction-after-birighitti-injury

But what about Smeltz? Won't someone please think of him..
He is upset from the challenge.. And his head just isn't in the game at the moment..
Oh the humanity...
:gent:

How dare birraz put Smeltz through this kind of trauma!

stopper2
20-10-2015, 12:53 PM

Fair comment Member and good observation, a kick to the head can cause death while a kick to the legs like you said can ruin a career....big difference.

Bremsstrahlung
20-10-2015, 01:27 PM
How was it dealt with on the field?
No free kick?
It was a drop ball. So what they are saying is that that kind of tackle Is ok and does not even warrant a free kick?
I think it was a pretty 50/50 ball to go for. But the way he went in was reckless. Or penalise birraz for putting his head in a dangerous position... Birraz to be suspended for weeks.

MFKS
20-10-2015, 02:52 PM
BATTERED but not broken, Jets goalkeeper Mark Birighitti hopes to play against A-League champions Melbourne Victory at Hunter Stadium on Friday night.

Birighitti had four teeth dislodged – two of which are believed to be buried in the turf at Turton Road – and required more than 40 stitches in his mouth and lip after being kicked in the face by Sydney FC striker Shane Smeltz in a drama-charged 1-0 loss to the Sky Blues on Saturday night.

Smeltz has been widely condemned for not pulling out of the challenge as Birighitti slid along the ground to grab a through ball.

See your ad here
But the Kiwi has escaped further scrutiny after referee Peter Green confirmed on Monday that he viewed the incident and deemed it accidental.

Birighitti had two teeth reinserted on Monday and will have further dental work on Wednesday.

‘‘I was worried at the start that there might be structural damage, but fortunately that is not the case,’’ said Birighitti, whose mother flew in from Perth on Monday to aid his recovery.

‘‘Certainly it could have been much worse.

‘‘My lip is swollen but I’m not in any pain which is a good sign.

‘‘I had a chat with the gaffer (Scott Miller) this morning and will sit down tomorrow with [goalkeeping coach] Jesse Vanstrattan and Justin Dougherty, the physio, and see where we are at.

‘‘I’m hoping to do modified sessions throughout the week.

‘‘I’m not ruling myself out for Friday night.

‘‘I’m keen to get back out there as soon as possible.

‘‘I want to do it for the players and the club itself, the club is heading in the right direction.

‘‘Also the reception I got from the fans coming off the field [on Saturday] was amazing.

‘‘Since then I have received a lot of support on social media.

‘‘I definitely want to give something back to them as well.’’

Ben Kennedy replaced Birighitti against Sydney and will start in goals on Friday if the 24-year-old is not cleared.

Under FIFA regulations, the Smeltz challenge could not be referred to the A-League Match Review Panel for investigation because it had been dealt with on field, much to the frustration of Birighitti.

‘‘That is what the match review panel should be there for; to overrule decisions, have a look at decisions and make a clear outcome,’’ Birighitti said.

‘‘It was a pretty nasty injury. ‘‘I’ve looked back at the incident numerous times.

‘‘Seeing some of the photos; teeth hanging out of my beard, to see my lip ... it was a mess.

‘‘He could have done a little bit better. He didn’t have to go in the way he did.

‘‘Clearly the ball was in my hands and he has seen me coming. Looking at footage it is like he left his foot in there.

‘‘It was kind of a cheap shot.’’

Asked if he felt anger towards Smeltz, Birighitti said ‘‘No, not at all.’’

‘‘He got in contact with me on Sunday. We had a good chat.

‘‘He wanted to let me know he didn’t do it intentionally and that it was an accident.

‘‘I’m not one to hold grudges. I know Smeltzy well off the field. Even though he could have done a little bit better, we have ended on good terms.’’

Jets chief executive David Eland, though disappointed at the incident, said the club had no choice but to move on.

‘‘Clearly the team, the club and the fans are very upset that Mark was so badly injured,’’ Eland said.

‘‘I think we have every right to seek a response. The referee has done that.

‘‘He made it clear that he saw the incident and deemed that it was accidental so we will get on with it.

‘‘There is no avenue for appeal.

‘‘Ultimately we respect Peter Green’s decision. He has a difficult job. He is called upon to make decisions in split seconds.

‘‘It is now our focus to support Mark in his rehabilitation from the injuries he sustained on Saturday, and hope that no players in the Hyundai A-League suffer injuries of this ilk in the future.”

It was the second time Birighitti had been badly injured by an opposition striker.

He suffered a fractured cheekbone and eye socket when he was accidentally kneed in the head by Wellington striker Jeremy Brockie in 2012. It was expected that he would be sidelined for six games but returned after four.

‘‘I’m very lucky that it isn’t as bad as the first injury I had,’’ Birighitti said.

‘‘It won’t change the mentality on how I keep in goals.

‘‘When I come back I will be doing exactly the same thing; diving at players’ feet,’’ Birighitti said.

‘‘If it is going prevent a goal, I will do it.’’

Mark Birighitti has returned to training with the Jets just days after his horror injury as he pushes to return against Melbourne Victory on Friday.

Birighitti trained with the team on Tuesday morning, conducting a low-impact session including cardio and agility drills.

**** I hope he plays Friday and some twat don't rule him out for some ****ing ridiculous precautionary reason.

Bloke is fazed and becoming more and more Newy everyday.

WolfMan
20-10-2015, 03:21 PM
Dude, if a medical professional recommends he sits this one out I'd be listening to them.

Of course the bloke wants to play, and that is exactly the reaction we want from him. But to potentially ignore professional advice is just dumb

Bon
20-10-2015, 03:35 PM
In the mean time, Birraz is out of surgery and will make a full recovery..... But first port of call is Shane smeltz' children's nightmares......

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRXFsRdLM0emI9F8DVBeofPSAnfxMf7k Mi-XJxh5AZbKInpIZ4hE-plGAdH

Check it out..
It seems McBreen checks out the foz too and enjoys your work Gaz.. Or is it just coincidence that he posted it a few hours after you?

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2015/10/20/false-9-round-2-system-failed-smeltz-and-birighitti-case

plague
20-10-2015, 03:36 PM
a kick to the head can cause death while a kick to the legs like you said can ruin a career....big difference.

You guys are really onto something here.
And seeing as though more players die from heart attacks on the pitch than kicks to the head each year we should cut their hearts out before they play to avoid any tragedies.

Mark Bridge is already cleared to play.

MFKS
20-10-2015, 03:39 PM
Dude, if a medical professional recommends he sits this one out I'd be listening to them.

Of course the bloke wants to play, and that is exactly the reaction we want from him. But to potentially ignore professional advice is just dumb

Professional advice??

Wouldn't have a bar of these blokes opinions anyway. They are so called experts
Ex >> As in has been or never was
Spert >> As in drips under pressure

If the man Birraz says he can play then he can.
If he cops another blow to his face then so be it.

If he has the balls to front up and risk it then that is good enough for me. It is also the sort of attitude we should be encouraging in our club not the pansy arse when the going gets tough quitting attitude we seem to want to embrace

Out of curiosity who was the bloke who ran out and treated him the other day and didn't have any gloves on for an injury involving blood??

Very un professional that to have someone offering medical treatment without stock standard safety equipment on

Mitchy
20-10-2015, 05:19 PM
http://www.newcastlestar.com.au/story/3431607/sky-blues-sink-jets/?cs=1283

Has gloves on here..

Bremsstrahlung
20-10-2015, 06:13 PM
Few pics on the herald website show both without gloves. Appears physio puts gloves on after realising there is blood. Looks like the doctor did not. There's a photo of the doctor with his hands in his mouth with no gloves.

Obviously a concerning breech of PPE.

But can understand why. Physios primary role in sokkah injuries is to squirt some magic water on them and do a few magic stretches. Can't really fault him, assessed the situation, blood, ok gloves on.
The doctor is a bit of a concern. Being a medical Professional as such, he probably has a bit more knowledge on the matter and for whatever reason has decided not to wear gloves.
Agreed not a good look, but are you qualified to argue with him?

GazFish35
20-10-2015, 06:18 PM
Qualified???

Basic first aid courses tell you to protect yourself and your patient by avoiding contact with bodily fluids.

parksey
20-10-2015, 06:24 PM
Seriously though it would be common sense to give smeltz a week out for kicking someone in the face so hard that he removed three teeth from Biraz's head and ****ed his face up.

Like, there's competitive and then there's just being a grub. Sure the ball "was there" to be won, but Biraz was clearly going to claim it first and he was at risk of being inured from any contact let alone a full swinging boot.

It's not easy to knock someone's teeth out; I know from personal experience. It wasn't like he poked his foot at the ball to try and dink it over Biraz; it was a full blooded kick to an area that had someone's face in it.

Absolute disgrace that he wasn't suspended, all bias aside. Gotta wonder what the pundits are thinking, especially when they talk about Kanta being lucky to stay on the field. For once Bozza actually seems like the most sane of the lot.

Of course there was no way Smeltz was going to be suspended given it's derby week in Sydney.

Jeterpool
20-10-2015, 06:38 PM
Has it been pointed out Bozza was a keeper, so if we're labelling the outfielders for bias but agreeing with Bozza....you get what I'm saying?

I agree with Bozza for the record.

q-money
20-10-2015, 06:39 PM
Seriously though it would be common sense to give smeltz a week out for kicking someone in the face so hard that he removed three teeth from Biraz's head and ****ed his face up.

Like, there's competitive and then there's just being a grub. Sure the ball "was there" to be won, but Biraz was clearly going to claim it first and he was at risk of being inured from any contact let alone a full swinging boot.

It's not easy to knock someone's teeth out; I know from personal experience. It wasn't like he poked his foot at the ball to try and dink it over Biraz; it was a full blooded kick to an area that had someone's face in it.

Absolute disgrace that he wasn't suspended, all bias aside. Gotta wonder what the pundits are thinking, especially when they talk about Kanta being lucky to stay on the field. For once Bozza actually seems like the most sane of the lot.

Of course there was no way Smeltz was going to be suspended given it's derby week in Sydney.
i know hey, the ball is nowhere near where smeltz ends up, it's horrific

stopper2
20-10-2015, 06:43 PM

"For once Bozza actually seems like the most sane of the lot".....don't always agree with Bozza but generally he gets it right. Usually says it how he sees it and is not agenda-driven like some of the others.

parksey
20-10-2015, 06:54 PM
on a different note, does anyone remember if Smeltz missed that one-on-one before or after the incident?

MFKS
20-10-2015, 07:00 PM
Qualified???

Basic first aid courses tell you to protect yourself and your patient by avoiding contact with bodily fluids.
As someone who has to endure the things you are bang on.

Over the 15 years or so I have had to do them the onus on protecting yourself from injury has gone through the roof.

One thing that sticks with you from them is to protect yourself at all times from possible dangers. Then to protect your patient second.

Old mate with his hand in Birraz's mouth is besides providing risk to himself from bodily fluid is not treating his patient well as he is exposing him to infection bacteria etc from his hands.

Bremsstrahlung
20-10-2015, 07:46 PM
Myeh, going to a course is one thing. Real life situations is another. You gonna pop some gloves on when your kid had a nose bleed? Strawmans argument and all that...
I agree, in this situation, given the role of guy, he should be chucking some gloves on, they always wear gloves in the EPL. Disagree with the blanket, "no gloves no touch". They are precautions.

Out of curiosity, what are the risks to the doctor in this situation? Gloves vs no gloves? Think it's best left to the Doctor/probably more qualified than 99% of the foz guy.

rhysd
20-10-2015, 08:15 PM
The gloves aren't sterile.

GazFish35
20-10-2015, 09:23 PM
I saw the doctor scratching his date with one hand and picking his nose with the other. BEFORE running on the field.

Bremsstrahlung
20-10-2015, 10:22 PM
Haha more unfortunate for birraz to have those hands in his mouth, but I imagine anything is better than a mouthful of smeltz' studs.

Couscous
20-10-2015, 10:22 PM
Why is the physio doing a ****ing liturgical dance, instead of taking Birra's injury seriously?

http://nnimgt-a.akamaihd.net/transform/v1/crop/frm/storypad-7adhrzDPjht8B8z6U4BVsr/b0031223-8598-4f4e-87cf-b58b3c9b4815.jpg/r0_220_3000_1907_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

MFKS
20-10-2015, 10:36 PM
Why is the physio doing a ****ing liturgical dance, instead of taking Birra's injury seriously?

http://nnimgt-a.akamaihd.net/transform/v1/crop/frm/storypad-7adhrzDPjht8B8z6U4BVsr/b0031223-8598-4f4e-87cf-b58b3c9b4815.jpg/r0_220_3000_1907_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

If you watch the footage again he is trying to get Millertimes attention and saying Birraz is ****ed. Before this photo he was doing the signal for sub and the outstretched arms indicate he wants the stretcher

MFKS
20-10-2015, 10:42 PM
Myeh, going to a course is one thing. Real life situations is another. You gonna pop some gloves on when your kid had a nose bleed? Strawmans argument and all that...
I agree, in this situation, given the role of guy, he should be chucking some gloves on, they always wear gloves in the EPL. Disagree with the blanket, "no gloves no touch". They are precautions.

Out of curiosity, what are the risks to the doctor in this situation? Gloves vs no gloves? Think it's best left to the Doctor/probably more qualified than 99% of the foz guy.

Real life situations??

I do first aid every week at least once at the minimum with work.

Trust me the gloves go on everytime there is blood.

The ****er bleeding continues to bleed until i have latex on my hands.

Make no mistake about that.

q-money
20-10-2015, 10:57 PM
Real life situations??

mfks at work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40pWnzCHktw

lquiquer
20-10-2015, 11:01 PM
What's the new Doctor's name?......The previous one couldn't make away games, so didn't renew the job after 10 years of service.......just wandering....

hawk
20-10-2015, 11:11 PM
If you watch the footage again he is trying to get Millertimes attention and saying Birraz is ****ed. Before this photo he was doing the signal for sub and the outstretched arms indicate he wants the stretcher

joking, pretty sure he's is signalling that he wants to fly away outta here

Bremsstrahlung
20-10-2015, 11:16 PM
Real life situations??

Even if they have a latex allergy? What kind of monster are you?

plague
20-10-2015, 11:39 PM

None really, unless Biraz has the Aids or something. and we all know Biraz doesn't have aids because you only get them from gay monkeys or going to the movies with Tom Hanks.

Disclaimer: I may not actually work in the medical profession.

GazFish35
20-10-2015, 11:49 PM
Dr Nic Riviera

WolfMan
21-10-2015, 06:34 AM
For everyone's info, that's Doctor Neil Halpin. He is one of the most respected sports physicians in the country.

To top it off, he is a genuinely great bloke.

Disclaimer: he has an X-ray of my groin on file

Jeterpool
21-10-2015, 06:38 AM
You people need to take a good look at yourselves and focus on what the real issue is here.

Why isn't BK getting the blame for the lack of gloves being worn by those treating Birraz due to shoddy distribution?

leftrightout
21-10-2015, 08:34 AM
For everyone's info, that's Doctor Neil Halpin. He is one of the most respected sports physicians in the country.

To top it off, he is a genuinely great bloke.

Disclaimer: he has an X-ray of my groin on file

That he is, great doctor, great guy!
Fixed me on a few occasions now when no one else seemed to know anything about my dodgy knees and ankles!
If he gave me advice, id tend to listen!

Bon
21-10-2015, 09:28 AM
Why isn't BK getting the blame for the lack of gloves being worn by those treating Birraz due to shoddy distribution?

MFKS
21-10-2015, 01:13 PM
joking, pretty sure he's is signalling that he wants to fly away outta here

Might come sit with you this Friday

Hunter403
21-10-2015, 03:29 PM

Look at me, I'm a Jet!

cobra23
21-10-2015, 03:52 PM
That he is, great doctor, great guy!
Fixed me on a few occasions now when no one else seemed to know anything about my dodgy knees and ankles!
If he gave me advice, id tend to listen!

Haplin is a fantastic doctor,
But in saying that when i had a ankle problem he is the only doc to make me take my pants off to look at my ankle. ha ha

rhysd
21-10-2015, 04:43 PM
But in saying that when i had a ankle problem he is the only doc to make me take my pants off to look at my ankle. ha ha

Can't do a leg assessment with your pants on.

q-money
21-10-2015, 05:00 PM
halps you old dog

Bremsstrahlung
21-10-2015, 05:00 PM
But did he wear gloves?

Wilso8948
22-10-2015, 02:23 AM

This isn't the first time I've heard this..

plague
22-10-2015, 10:49 AM
This isn't the first time I've heard this..

Hey I've got a great idea how about we veer away from this particular angle before someone says something a bit stupid.

Good idea Plague.

cobra23
22-10-2015, 10:53 AM
Hey I've got a great idea how about we veer away from this particular angle before someone says something a bit stupid.

Good idea Plague.

Agree plague,
Leave this with halpin is the best surgeon , and great bloke..
He has been my injury doc for years when i was playing and still is.

belchardo
22-10-2015, 10:53 AM

Good idea Plague.

killjoy :grin:

Wilso8948
22-10-2015, 11:02 AM

Good idea Plague.

I was merely saying it wasn't the first time I'd heard he's a fantastic doctor.

plague
22-10-2015, 11:45 AM
killjoy :grin:

I'm getting responsible in my old* age.

*i just turned 14.

plague
23-10-2015, 11:11 PM
Fairs fair.
Own up lads.
BK was good.

snake
23-10-2015, 11:26 PM
saw birraz out the front of the chairmans lounge with two wags (blonde ande a brunette)

can confirm he didn't clap bk's heroics (wags did, though)

belchardo
23-10-2015, 11:26 PM
Smokin' save on the near post.

ForeverRed
23-10-2015, 11:30 PM
saw birraz out the front of the chairmans lounge with two wags (blonde ande a brunette)

can confirm he didn't clap bk's heroics (wags did, though)
Dental nurses maybe

BodyNovo
24-10-2015, 12:34 AM
2 first team keepers ops

Hunter403
24-10-2015, 09:00 AM
Dental nurses maybe

well he might just need some oral attention

Liam26
24-10-2015, 09:37 AM
Hey if we are going to have 2 keepers in form at once I won't be complaining

plague
24-10-2015, 10:13 AM
Where da Member at?

halo se7en
24-10-2015, 11:00 AM
Well done SBS for interviewing a guy that can't speak.

GazFish35
24-10-2015, 11:08 AM
Was fantastic.

Two absolute quality saves in 2nd half, 3 if you count the stop from berisha when he was flagged offside.

Two first choice keepers is a nice headache!

belchardo
24-10-2015, 11:08 AM
fox did it as well.

Jetmaster
24-10-2015, 11:31 AM
Amazing - there is absolutely nothing that BK can be remotely blamed for last night.

Forza BK - lay those demons to rest (Member, Thomas, Camel et al).

Gaz is right - we now have two form keepers fighting for a shirt.

belchardo
24-10-2015, 11:41 AM
Amazing - there is absolutely nothing that BK can be remotely blamed for last night.

he's still got a pretty bad haircut. :brrr:

WolfMan
24-10-2015, 02:59 PM
Was fantastic.

Two absolute quality saves in 2nd half, 3 if you count the stop from berisha when he was flagged offside.

Two first choice keepers is a nice headache!

I'd suggest it is a terrible headache. Can't really rotate GK's throughout the season, undermining their confidence etc. if you do. Not going to waste a substitute barring injury.

It's actually a shit situation IMHO.

GazFish35
24-10-2015, 03:48 PM
I'd suggest it is a terrible headache. Can't really rotate GK's throughout the season, undermining their confidence etc. if you do. Not going to waste a substitute barring injury.

It's actually a shit situation IMHO.

Apologies, you are correct.
As jets fans we must look for the negative in every situation.

****wit team winning last night means opposition will now know we can win games. How stupid are they.

plague
24-10-2015, 04:17 PM
I'd still put Biraz back in when he's fit. Bloke has been outstanding.

But BK is a ledge and the sooner we make him skipper from the bench the better.

Miller picking a gypo is a discrace.

Miller out.

WolfMan
24-10-2015, 06:14 PM
Apologies, you are correct.
As jets fans we must look for the negative in every situation.

****wit team winning last night means opposition will now know we can win games. How stupid are they.

Superb

MFKS
24-10-2015, 08:34 PM
Where da Member at?
Cha Cha

I been busy.

Games kicking off at that hour not good for me as it time of day I doing stuff.

Had a late night last night making up for my absence

Early start at work

Then come home and pay penance for missing out last night.

Cha Cha

As for BK well he could have easily let in 10 last night. Our defence was not as watertight as one would think it would be.

We benefitted that the Victree attack couldn't shoot out of sight on a dark night last night. They were woeful.

Now fap all you like about 2 of the saves he made but call a spade a spade. Other than hitting the keeper they were in the one spot he would most like them to be

Nothing to get carried away about.

Anyway our boy Birraz will be back soon enough and when he is BK will be sitting on his arse again

Jeterpool
24-10-2015, 08:46 PM
Cha Cha

I been busy.

Games kicking off at that hour not good for me as it time of day I doing stuff.

Had a late night last night making up for my absence

Early start at work

Then come home and pay penance for missing out last night.

Cha Cha

As for BK well he could have easily let in 10 last night. Our defence was not as watertight as one would think it would be.

We benefitted that the Victree attack couldn't shoot out of sight on a dark night last night. They were woeful.

Now fap all you like about 2 of the saves he made but call a spade a spade. Other than hitting the keeper they were in the one spot he would most like them to be

Nothing to get carried away about.

Anyway our boy Birraz will be back soon enough and when he is BK will be sitting on his arse again

Member you'd find a negative in winning the lottery.

GazFish35
24-10-2015, 08:53 PM
I offered the member a $100 note I found under my seat at the stadium once.
He complained about the serial number not having a 3 in it.

MFKS
24-10-2015, 08:56 PM
Member you'd find a negative in winning the lottery.

We got the biscuits last night and sure it is good to win.

I ain't getting carried away though.

We have dragged 3 sides down to our shit level and beaten two of them.

Our football is nothing special and we are enjoying a bit of luck from my god at present.

We could easily have lost all 3 games

stopper2
24-10-2015, 09:05 PM
I'd still put Biraz back in when he's fit. Bloke has been outstanding.

But BK is a ledge and the sooner we make him skipper from the bench the better.

Miller picking a gypo is a discrace.

Miller out.

How old are you???

Jetmaster
24-10-2015, 09:08 PM
Reckon JK Rowling based the Dementors on the good Member....ffs.

militiamon
24-10-2015, 09:10 PM
How old are you???

Nah, I agree, deport The Peasant Boogard imo.

stopper2
24-10-2015, 09:14 PM
Nah, I agree, deport The Peasant Boogard imo.

You too, get over it. We signed Noel Spencer and then Sasho Petrovski, years ago so it's nothing new....build a bridge and get over it!!!

hawk
24-10-2015, 09:16 PM
BK temporarily has the belt, kept a cleany last nite

https://conferenceiii.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/babchflccaahryr.png

Grimario
24-10-2015, 09:18 PM
You too, get over it. We signed Noel Spencer and then Sasho Petrovski, years ago so it's nothing new....build a bridge and get over it!!!

I think you need to lighten the **** up and get a sense of humour.

plague
24-10-2015, 10:27 PM
How old are you???

As has been noted in many a thread.
Do you even lift bro?

Any other questions?

plague
24-10-2015, 10:29 PM

Pfffft.
Spencer never played for us. He worked as a janitor.
Sash never played for the gypos. Not sure what interweb you're looking at homie but it's broke.

stopper2
24-10-2015, 11:31 PM
I think you need to lighten the **** up and get a sense of humour.

Yeah you are probably right, I should talk shit like 90% of the guys on here and then I might fit in!

furns
25-10-2015, 12:34 AM
Yeah you are probably right, I should talk shit like 90% of the guys on here and then I might fit in!

Welcome to tha internetz

you just got it.

Grimario
25-10-2015, 12:40 AM
Welcome to tha internetz

you just got it.

:brrr:

The Dunster
25-10-2015, 08:52 AM
We got the biscuits last night and sure it is good to win.

I ain't getting carried away though.

We have dragged 3 sides down to our shit level and beaten two of them.

Our football is nothing special and we are enjoying a bit of luck from my god at present.

We could easily have lost all 3 games

We could have easily won all three games were it not for Hoffman being incorrectly ruled offside.

RAM
26-10-2015, 12:34 PM
BK didn't flap at crosses :cool:

Showed good hands a number of times. Solid overall.

Birra can pull off the odd brillant shot stop, but he is also useless with crosses and has the odd howler - Bosnar anyone?

mervan
27-10-2015, 10:15 PM
BK didn't flap at crosses :cool:

Showed good hands a number of times. Solid overall.

Birra can pull off the odd brillant shot stop, but he is also useless with crosses and has the odd howler - Bosnar anyone?

Agree, bk much more assured with the ball in the air, how do you get dropped on that performance.
Keepers are 6 foot four not 5 foot 9. Who is the new bloke tuxford, smaller than birrigitti

Local Rules
28-10-2015, 09:15 AM
Agree, bk much more assured with the ball in the air, how do you get dropped on that performance.
Keepers are 6 foot four not 5 foot 9. Who is the new bloke tuxford, smaller than birrigitti

I do not know what qualifications you have to be assessing quality of keepers but if height is your only criteria then you will miss some quality players in this position. While being tall allows you to gather some crosses better most of the shots are in the area where the height of the player is irrelevant. You also have to consider the vertical leap capability of the keeper which can be dramatically different, and in some cases negate the height difference. You also need to look at speed, reaction time, ability to reset quickly, distribution, capability with left and right foot, organisation of defence. Once you assess all these then make the determination of who is the better keeper.

Jetmaster
28-10-2015, 10:26 AM
I'm a keeper coach and although there are some fine keepers under 6 foot, the majority of the greats have been bigger men.
Short keepers are usually excellent shot stoppers who get found out when it comes to physically "dominating" there area.

RAM
28-10-2015, 10:36 AM
I'm a keeper coach and although there are some fine keepers under 6 foot, the majority of the greats have been bigger men.
Short keepers are usually excellent shot stoppers who get found out when it comes to physically "dominating" there area.

yep, been a keeper for 25+ years - same old story for the lil fellas

plague
28-10-2015, 10:47 AM
Yes this theory is perfect because Andy Carroll and Peter Crouch are big and tall and dominate thier area so Messi is rubbish.

Grimario
28-10-2015, 10:48 AM
If only the Socceroos #1 was a short keeper and we could use him as an example of how height isn't everything.

boz-monaut
28-10-2015, 10:59 AM
name a good short keeper

and before you say it, Barthez only got the gig because it was like kissing a peanut

http://the18.com/sites/default/files/u403/barathez%20kiss.jpg

http://33.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m47v5fv1bp1rvs1mmo1_400.gif

plague
28-10-2015, 11:06 AM
name a good short keeper

Biraz

Local Rules
28-10-2015, 11:08 AM
name a good short keeper

and before you say it, Barthez only got the gig because it was like kissing a peanut

Iker Cassillas - 5' 11"

GazFish35
28-10-2015, 11:11 AM
Kalac is/was shit..... does that help any argument?

Tuxford is from Blacktown City - I know a blke (a keeper) who is on their coaching staff, he reckons tuxford is quality.

I know Balcktown City had one keeper who stepped in at WSW when Tyson was injured - not sure if it is the same guy.

GazFish35
28-10-2015, 11:12 AM
name a good short keeper

Jorge Campos

the graet wall of mexico.... 5ft 8inches

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lwCCbgj5uo

the goal where the keeper is being chipped early in the vid..... that's Jorge scoring.

Grimario
28-10-2015, 11:13 AM
name a good short keeper

Jorge Campos

Grimario
28-10-2015, 11:13 AM
Jorge Campos

the graet wall of mexico.... 5ft 9inches - and a bit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lwCCbgj5uo

*shakes fist*

Nou Camp
28-10-2015, 11:40 AM
Kumar Sangakara???
great keeper

The Dunster
28-10-2015, 01:28 PM
Pat Jennings 6ft
Ray Clemence 6ft
Gordon Banks 6ft 1"

These guys were fabuouls Keepers and in the case of Banks possibly the greatest ever.

RAM
28-10-2015, 02:28 PM
Yes this theory is perfect because Andy Carroll and Peter Crouch are big and tall and dominate thier area so Messi is rubbish.

lol what a strawman

RAM
28-10-2015, 02:29 PM
Biraz

lololol

boz-monaut
28-10-2015, 02:30 PM
a) I didn't define at what height a keeper can be considered short
b) you're all talking in olde timey units and you should be ashamed of yourselves in the 21st century

short keepers would be shorter than the average height of a European of 177 centimetres

Barthez is actually 183 centimetres, so he's not actually that short

I seem to recall him getting hit in the groin by a football though

Bon
28-10-2015, 02:35 PM
I seem to recall him getting hit in the groin by a football though

There is only one groin shot that any of us should recall:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iki1-JHKbg8

RAM
28-10-2015, 02:42 PM
Pat Jennings 6ft
Ray Clemence 6ft
Gordon Banks 6ft 1"

These guys were fabuouls Keepers and in the case of Banks possibly the greatest ever.

they're not that short

there will be exceptions, but usually the best are over 6ft

Buffon has probably been the best in the past decade - 6'3, then the other standouts Neuer 6'4, Cech 6'5, De Gea 6'4, Lloris 6'2, Kahn 6'2, Tomaszeweski 6'4, Schumacher 6'1, van Breukelen 6'2, Lehmann 6'3, Schwarzer 6'4, Bosnich 6'1, Chilavert 6'2, Dasayev 6'2, Van Der Sar 6'5, Maier 6'1, Zubizarreta 6'2, Shilton 6'1, Southall 6'1, Yashin 6'2, Schmeichel 6'3.......

boz-monaut
28-10-2015, 02:55 PM

http://i.imgur.com/AopwFUQ.gif

The Dunster
28-10-2015, 03:29 PM

Carlos Hernandez should have been given the Johnny Warren Medal on the spot for that effort. Brilliant.

Thomas477
28-10-2015, 04:28 PM
Bon with the best post this week :lulzturtle:

plague
28-10-2015, 04:46 PM
lol what a strawman

I'm not familiar with him.
Who does he play for?

mervan
29-10-2015, 08:14 PM
I do not know what qualifications you have to be assessing quality of keepers but if height is your only criteria then you will miss some quality players in this position. While being tall allows you to gather some crosses better most of the shots are in the area where the height of the player is irrelevant. You also have to consider the vertical leap capability of the keeper which can be dramatically different, and in some cases negate the height difference. You also need to look at speed, reaction time, ability to reset quickly, distribution, capability with left and right foot, organisation of defence. Once you assess all these then make the determination of who is the better keeper.

Muuuuupett

baldrick
29-10-2015, 10:37 PM
Kumar Sangakara???
great keeper

Add Rodney Marsh the list of short keepers too

mervan
30-10-2015, 07:38 AM

I'm backing local to be a short ass

Jetmaster
30-10-2015, 08:51 AM

Never played in goal !

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rodney_Marsh_%28footballer%29

Jeterpool
30-10-2015, 09:09 AM
Never played in goal !

Local Rules
30-10-2015, 09:29 AM
Muuuuupett

I thought you were looking for some perspective on keepers and what makes a good one rather then just the assumption if they are over 6 foot they are good. Obviously you are one of those who thinks Archie from Magic is a better keeper then Swancott because he has a few inches height on him. I'll be sure to pass on any more useful information to your proctologist so he can whisper it in your ear at your next appointment.

leftrightout
30-10-2015, 09:48 AM
Never played in goal !

He was one of Tampa Bay Rowdies finest players though!

RAM
30-10-2015, 10:35 AM
I thought you were looking for some perspective on keepers and what makes a good one rather then just the assumption if they are over 6 foot they are good. Obviously you are one of those who thinks Archie from Magic is a better keeper then Swancott because he has a few inches height on him. I'll be sure to pass on any more useful information to your proctologist so he can whisper it in your ear at your next appointment.

Height isn't the only criteria. Don't be a ****ing idiot.

If Birra could catch a cross he might be ok. The guy has no presence in the box whatsoever.

Grimario
30-10-2015, 10:41 AM

If Birra could catch a cross he might be ok. The guy has no presence in the box whatsoever.

That's not what your ma said about his presents in her box.

Or something.

Can't we all agree that having two keepers playing as well as they are/were (before face cave in) is a good problem to have?

Local Rules
30-10-2015, 10:53 AM

My original post to Mervan

Originally Posted by Local Rules View Post

RAM
30-10-2015, 01:53 PM

Or something.

Can't we all agree that having two keepers playing as well as they are/were (before face cave in) is a good problem to have?

http://www.footballanarchy.net/forum/images/smilies/745_gangster_shooting_guns.gif

Jetmaster
30-10-2015, 03:31 PM
Can we change the title of this thread - it is obviously very much in dispute.

Bon
30-10-2015, 03:42 PM

Or something.

:brrr:

belchardo
30-10-2015, 08:39 PM
Well, birraz > bk according to miller.

GazFish35
30-10-2015, 08:56 PM
BK at fault there.

la bazzle
30-10-2015, 09:22 PM
Saw the bench at did not see BK dive for either of those

Jetmaster
30-10-2015, 09:31 PM
Still some Dracughitti touches in that half.

GazFish35
30-10-2015, 09:39 PM
Is the poor bloke able to talk?

I've not seen him yelling, even to set a wall. Or organize troops at corners.

Doing well if he can't, but that can't be helping.

****ing two deflections, each that he had covered.
Second worst nightmare that... First would be getting kicked in the face.

MFKS
30-10-2015, 10:31 PM
we are top of the league say we are top of the league

lquiquer
30-10-2015, 10:33 PM
we are top of the league say we are top of the league
2nd time in history.... **** yesssssss

plague
30-10-2015, 10:49 PM
Gotta say, the win covered up a pretty poor Biraz performance.
I mean, he was diving the wrong way for both goals.
Can only assume he's still concussed, Miller made a poor selection decision there.

Miller out.

belchardo
30-10-2015, 10:50 PM
know you're taking the piss re concussion, but his face was still pretty swollen tonight.

plague
30-10-2015, 10:51 PM
know you're taking the piss re concussion, but his face was still pretty swollen tonight.

Not joking.
I never joke.

Amazed he was cleared to play.

The Postman
30-10-2015, 11:20 PM
2 clean sheets in a row for BK

The Camel
31-10-2015, 12:03 AM
Jets scored 5 tonight. No Melbourne player beat Birraz. Clean Sheet

joel31
31-10-2015, 12:14 AM
Quality post.
Miller probably instructed them to do it because he wanted the challenge

MFKS
31-10-2015, 08:19 AM

Actually in the 2 games and 70 odd mins played by Birraz so far he has only let in 3 goals.

All of them came from deflections from his own teammates

Miller needs to start teaching these blokes to stop deflecting them inside the posts and actually getting them out for corners

Have to say we are pretty clinical in the box at the moment. At both ends

Played 4 won 3 Lost 1 Goals For 9 Goals Against 1
Top of the League

Cunning stunts
02-11-2015, 11:16 AM
I must agree with the jets winning it did cover up a poor performance of Birraz anything in the 6 yard box on the night even straight to him looked like he was crapping his self and only ever punched it and put the team under more pressure, not sayin BK is better but in them situations I feel more confident with BK in then Birraz

GazFish35
02-11-2015, 11:22 AM
fisrt corner, when carney ran away from back stick is a prime example of a keeper needing to take that ball in his six

Cunning stunts
02-11-2015, 11:24 AM
there was one straight to him at one stage and he flap a one handed fist at it, if I ever did that the coach would have murdered me

plague
05-11-2015, 11:28 PM
Bag out Biraz and BK all ya's want, just pray to the sweet lord baby Jesus that we don't have Sorensen.

Bloke is true garbage.

Wilso8948
06-11-2015, 07:58 AM
Bag out Biraz and BK all ya's want, just pray to the sweet lord baby Jesus that we don't have Sorensen.

Bloke is true garbage.

Yeh that save he made off Maliks header was rubbish....

plague
06-11-2015, 09:00 AM
Yeh that save he made off Maliks header was rubbish....

No that one was a pretty good save actually.
It's more all the flapping and dropped balls that make him look bad.
If BK or Biraz performed like that blokes on here heads would explode.

Grimario
07-11-2015, 07:11 PM
Bloke goes alright after 45.

Hunter403
07-11-2015, 07:57 PM
He's on fire today

plague
07-11-2015, 08:00 PM
He's on fire today

Let a sitter in.
Even dived the wrong way.

plague
07-11-2015, 08:02 PM
Let a sitter in.
Even dived the wrong way.

Edit: 2 sitters.

GazFish35
07-11-2015, 08:17 PM
He was immense tonight. Though there's a few balls in his 6 I'd have liked him to claim. A number of amazing saves though.

One error.

Wonder if the goalkeeping experts who hate on BK after a similar game will get chirpy.

la bazzle
07-11-2015, 08:20 PM
would hate to be a keeper

rhysd
07-11-2015, 08:36 PM
Will be very disappointed about 2nd goal. Had a blinder up till then.

militiamon
07-11-2015, 10:11 PM
Bloke goes alright after 45.

Grim jinxed it, should have said 90.

BodyNovo
07-11-2015, 11:16 PM
If bk let that last goal in he would have been shot outside hunter stadium

Biraz was outstanding though in the first half.

plague
07-11-2015, 11:19 PM

Biraz saying prayers to the sweet lord baby Griff that Hoffman is in the team to absorb all of the hateness.

The Dunster
08-11-2015, 01:29 PM
The strike from Nicholls had plenty of power and a very nasty dip in it. More often than not that type of shot finds the back of the net. The fact that Birraz would have seen it late made it near impossible to stop.

Birraz had a wonderful game yesterday and I worry about the sanity of anyone holding him responsible for either of the goals.

MFKS
08-11-2015, 01:55 PM
The strike from Nicholls had plenty of power and a very nasty dip in it. More often than not that type of shot finds the back of the net. The fact that Birraz would have seen it late made it near impossible to stop.

Birraz had a wonderful game yesterday and I worry about the sanity of anyone holding him responsible for either of the goals.

I do.

He saved the last 2 pens he faced so no idea why failure this time is acceptable

The second goal was pretty ****ing below average standard keeping. Not good enough from anyone.

Also it was Mitch ****ing Nichols FFS

Of all the prats on the planet FMD

Good work in the first half undone by two errors in 5 mins

The Dunster
08-11-2015, 03:41 PM
I do.

He saved the last 2 pens he faced so no idea why failure this time is acceptable

The second goal was pretty ****ing below average standard keeping. Not good enough from anyone.

Also it was Mitch ****ing Nichols FFS

Of all the prats on the planet FMD

Good work in the first half undone by two errors in 5 mins

By that criteria I wonder why Messi and Ronaldo are being paid so much money given that every time they score it's a goal keepers error.

You lot are a tough crowd to please. No wonder the players hate us.

GazFish35
08-11-2015, 04:08 PM

Biraz was outstanding though in the first half.

Exactly.

He was outstanding in the second half too

hawk
08-11-2015, 04:44 PM
By that criteria I wonder why Messi and Ronaldo are being paid so much money given that every time they score it's a goal keepers error.

You lot are a tough crowd to please. No wonder the players hate us.

whats this you lot crap. It mks theory.

btw doing interwebs critique is a harsh business

how impressive was that forward dive save into on coming boot. awesome.

Jetmaster
09-11-2015, 12:10 PM

This is what shitz me about this thread - if BK was in exactly the same scenario he would be roundly criticised by some for letting that shot under him, no matter how well he played for the rest of the game.

Grimario
09-11-2015, 12:21 PM
BK wouldn't have even dived for the penalty.

Cunning stunts
09-11-2015, 01:38 PM
Biraz had a blinder in the first half and to be honest I do think he was at fault for the second goal, that is not acceptable to let a goal go under you like that from that range other than he was the difference in the score being blown out

The Dunster
09-11-2015, 02:16 PM
Biraz had a blinder in the first half and to be honest I do think he was at fault for the second goal, that is not acceptable to let a goal go under you like that from that range other than he was the difference in the score being blown out

The piss poor marking at the top of the box is what concerns me not anything Birraz did or didn't do.

Based on his performances this season Birraz should be the first player picked every week. He's come a very long way in the past year or so both on and off the field and he should be given credit for his achievements so far rather than be criticised for exogenous factors such as poor marking by our defence.

GazFish35
09-11-2015, 02:31 PM
The piss poor marking at the top of the box is what concerns me not anything Birraz did or didn't do.

very true.

like the piss poor marking when BK was the shittest keeper ever for not stopping brosques shot.

If nothing else the lack of hate directed at birraz despite these two goals being BOTH essentially marked down to "poor marking AND keeper probably could have done better" shows the hypocarcy that the BK haters live by.
Two very similar gaols - one bloke get s blasted, the other treated fairly.

Nou Camp
09-11-2015, 03:08 PM
birraz made the a league team of the week

Jetmaster
10-11-2015, 08:39 AM
http://www.maitlandmercury.com.au/story/3480201/newcastle-jets-visit-lochinvar-students-gallery/?cs=172

BK :wub:

the_butcher
10-11-2015, 02:24 PM
I haven't been on the foz in years and I return to hear the same old dribble...BK is a state league keeper at best. If BK went to Maitland NPL he would struggle to get the #1 spot ahead of Ben Kelly and Trott. Why do people continually defend the bloke? I get it that he is a local lad but come on champs, open your eyes. The fact that we have been having this conversation for years says something.

Bon
10-11-2015, 03:35 PM
I haven't been on the foz in years and I return to hear the same old dribble...BK is a state league keeper at best. If BK went to Maitland NPL he would struggle to get the #1 spot ahead of Ben Kelly and Trott. Why do people continually defend the bloke? I get it that he is a local lad but come on champs, open your eyes. The fact that we have been having this conversation for years says something.

Welcome back _butcher.. Where you been?? :sup:

Jeterpool
10-11-2015, 03:42 PM

He's been employed by the Jets for a long time? :gent:

RAM
10-11-2015, 04:27 PM
2nd goal was a little soft.

BodyNovo
10-11-2015, 04:36 PM

funny that the coaches, and the staff have continued to sign him though.

I still think peoples views of BK are still blinded by 2008-2010 BK as compared to him as a keeper now.

I think in the last 12 months he has more then proven his worth

his performance against MV a couple of weeks ago was outstanding.

yes he has weaknesses, but all keepers do.

ForeverRed
10-11-2015, 05:20 PM
I'd put money on BK to save wsw second goal

Wilso8948
10-11-2015, 07:52 PM
I'd put money on BK to save wsw second goal

Score would have been 3-1 by then so it's irrelevant..

GazFish35
10-11-2015, 08:05 PM
Lol.

If content on the internet proved anything I'd give up my day job and become a pool boy, pizza delivery guy or a masseuse that wears white singlet and no underpants.

MFKS
10-11-2015, 08:30 PM
Lol.

If content on the internet proved anything I'd give up my day job and become a pool boy, pizza delivery guy or a masseuse that wears white singlet and no underpants.

Funny you should say that.

I am currently sitting in a white singlet. When my Thai friend gets back on the phone with me I am hoping she is in her underpants.

She got a massage yesterday after going for a swim in a pool.

I seen a pizza delivery bloke at the weekend (��hello SD)and I daily wonder how I can make a living in Thailand so I can quit my day job.

Absolutely amazing your insight ***

Premy
10-11-2015, 09:02 PM
http://www.maitlandmercury.com.au/story/3480201/newcastle-jets-visit-lochinvar-students-gallery/?cs=172

BK :wub:

Of topic.

This is absolute bullshit.
Absolutely fantastic that players are out visiting schools, BUT...
Why do schools have to win a competition to get a visit, it should be the f'ing norm and the players should f'ing enjoy doing it.

halo se7en
10-11-2015, 11:08 PM
Of topic.

This is absolute bullshit.
Absolutely fantastic that players are out visiting schools, BUT...
Why do schools have to win a competition to get a visit, it should be the f'ing norm and the players should f'ing enjoy doing it.

How else do they choose the schools? I'd rather the players go to the schools that want them i.e. those that go to the effort of showing their support. And who says the players don't enjoy it? They can't go to every ****ing school in the Hunter, there'd be no time to actually train and work on winning games.

hawk
10-11-2015, 11:28 PM
fmd, They should be able to get to every fkn school in the hunter. can use all types of squaddies. grow the game not the ego

RAM
11-11-2015, 03:23 PM
funny that the coaches, and the staff have continued to sign him though.

I still think peoples views of BK are still blinded by 2008-2010 BK as compared to him as a keeper now.

I think in the last 12 months he has more then proven his worth

his performance against MV a couple of weeks ago was outstanding.

yes he has weaknesses, but all keepers do.

agree 100%

I didn't rate him back then at all, but he has improved out of sight imo

stopper2
11-11-2015, 04:52 PM

Okay mate you've said your dribble now don't come back for another few years!
How a keeper like BK can have an outstanding game like the one he did when called upon against Victory, plus being voted as the keeper of the round and still some loser on a keyboard say that he is not good enough for this level!? Disgraceful!

furns
11-11-2015, 11:51 PM
wb butch

the_butcher
12-11-2015, 09:04 AM
wb butch

Cheers furngully, someone had to come on here and educate these peanuts. Things seem to have gotten out of hand since I've been away. For starters, there seems to be way too much positivity and support for the boys. Absolutely disgraceful and un-newy.

Anyway, bot, bodynovo, the reason he has been around for so long is because our club is literally piss poor and BK has been willing to play for peanuts for years. Seriously, you blokes need to have a good hard look at yourselves. You think he has been around all these years based on his exceptional goalkeeping talents? Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha! That'll do me mate! That'll do me!

the_butcher
12-11-2015, 09:14 AM
and still some loser on a keyboard!

Bit rich coming from you pal!

Premy
12-11-2015, 10:26 AM
fmd, They should be able to get to every fkn school in the hunter. can use all types of squaddies. grow the game not the ego
This 2-3 players per school 20+ players in the squad, 5-6 schools a day, 2-3 days a week. You can soon tick a few off the list, as hawk said its a spreading the game and the Jets brand. All kids they visit in the fortnight get free entry to the next game, who has to take the kids? Oh thats right paying parents.

belchardo
12-11-2015, 10:31 AM
This 2-3 players per school 20+ players in the squad, 5-6 schools a day, 2-3 days a week. You can soon tick a few off the list, as hawk said its a spreading the game and the Jets brand. All kids they visit in the fortnight get free entry to the next game, who has to take the kids? Oh thats right paying parents.

I like this. 5-6 schools in a day could be a bit tough though!

Grimario
12-11-2015, 10:53 AM

That might have worked last year when we trained 2 hours a day and the other mountains of daytime were spent sipping lattes down near the beach.

How different is our training this season for anyone that has gone?

Premy
12-11-2015, 11:13 AM
I like this. 5-6 schools in a day could be a bit tough though!

That might have worked last year when we trained 2 hours a day and the other mountains of daytime were spent sipping lattes down near the beach.

How different is our training this season for anyone that has gone?
Yeah I'm probably on the high side in my numbers but 10 primary schools a week should be quite achievable, along with a visit to the children's hospital and some form of community appearance every now and then it's not rocket science.

I recall when I was younger and the Sydney Swans sent a few players to our school ahead of pre season game at No1. I was given free entry to the game that I had never given thought to before and went to it. After the game I asked my parents if I could play AFL for one year an the only thing that stop me playing was the closest team was in Warners Bay which was 20 mins away and my parents convinced me to stay with my local Football Club around the corner.

GazFish35
12-11-2015, 11:23 AM
not rocket science I agree, but Who is organising all this?

The club is still being run on the smell of an oily rag with very few bodies doing all the leg work.

I'm all for the club getting into schools as most know, but reality needs to be understood.
WSW do the schools very well, but have one and a half staff dedicated to it and sponsors paying for the costs involved.

"Getting into schools" isn't as easy as it appears and especially without the administrative staff available to do the co-ordination of it all.

Jeterpool
12-11-2015, 12:30 PM

The club is still being run on the smell of an oily rag with very few bodies doing all the leg work.

I'm all for the club getting into schools as most know, but reality needs to be understood.
WSW do the schools very well, but have one and a half staff dedicated to it and sponsors paying for the costs involved.

"Getting into schools" isn't as easy as it appears and especially without the administrative staff available to do the co-ordination of it all.

And needless to say the schools actually want them to make an appearance too

BodyNovo
12-11-2015, 12:57 PM

this if anything is a show of how much FFA wanted WSW to succeed by getting this sort of stuff off the ground.

I know the FFA doesn't want to break the bank with us but it would have been nice if we at least saw maybe 2-3 new administration staff come our way.

GazFish35
12-11-2015, 02:12 PM
this if anything is a show of how much FFA wanted WSW to succeed by getting this sort of stuff off the ground.

I know the FFA doesn't want to break the bank with us but it would have been nice if we at least saw maybe 2-3 new administration staff come our way.

don't get me wrong, it wasn't FFA, if was two blokes inside the club (and two school teachers outside it) who spent 6-12mths working on it - one ex-principal especially.
WSW didn't throw cash at it, they went chasing sponsors to support the positions that now exist to run it.

The Jets have made someone responsible, but that same person is responsible for other HUGE areas of more pressing need.
WSW also had clear air in terms of ownership with the FFA not looking to sell the club three days after setting it up.

the club are working on this, but its going to take time
Rather than knocking what they have done by saying its not enough, some recognition of how far they've come, in a short space of time, in pretty unstable circumstances is warranted. IMO

there was also a pretty clear reality of the NRL/AFL/FFA code war and Football needing to claim back school yards from the cashed up AFL

Jetmaster
12-11-2015, 02:40 PM
Cheers furngully, someone had to come on here and educate these peanuts. Things seem to have gotten out of hand since I've been away. For starters, there seems to be way too much positivity and support for the boys. Absolutely disgraceful and un-newy.

Anyway, bot, bodynovo, the reason he has been around for so long is because our club is literally piss poor and BK has been willing to play for peanuts for years. Seriously, you blokes need to have a good hard look at yourselves. You think he has been around all these years based on his exceptional goalkeeping talents? Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha! That'll do me mate! That'll do me!

He has had offers to move, but prefers to stay near his terminally ill mother if you need the truth.

the_butcher
12-11-2015, 04:51 PM
He has had offers to move, but prefers to stay near his terminally ill mother if you need the truth.

Please do tell me all of these offers he has received? North Qld reserve keeper? Nah you're right, he would have surely gone with Kanta to Bayern if it wasn't for his mum being sick...

plague
12-11-2015, 06:14 PM
I think the Jets could do more.
I'd like to see them send a few players around to each current (and former) fans houses to maybe do some chores, mow the lawn check the oil in the car etc.

I feel this would be good PR and prob prevent a few household accidents.

Can't be that hard can it?

Jetmaster
12-11-2015, 07:13 PM
Please do tell me all of these offers he has received? North Qld reserve keeper? Nah you're right, he would have surely gone with Kanta to Bayern if it wasn't for his mum being sick...

MH several years ago made enquiries....the bloke has fought against alot of criticism and negativity over the years. Some justified of course a few seasons back. He has hardly complained and got on with it.

That game a few weeks ago confirms him as a very good keeper, not Socceroo material, but solid and capable.

Honestly, the guy has my respect.

stopper2
12-11-2015, 09:23 PM

Okay mate, you've made it clear you don't rate BK as a keeper....build a bridge and get over it!!!

As for mentioning his mum in your comment that to me shows what sort of a lowlife you are......piss off!!!:angry:

WolfMan
12-11-2015, 09:38 PM
I think the Jets could do more.
I'd like to see them send a few players around to each current (and former) fans houses to maybe do some chores, mow the lawn check the oil in the car etc.

I feel this would be good PR and prob prevent a few household accidents.

Can't be that hard can it?

Agree 100%

the_butcher
13-11-2015, 12:33 AM
Okay mate, you've made it clear you don't rate BK as a keeper....build a bridge and get over it!!!

As for mentioning his mum in your comment that to me shows what sort of a lowlife you are......piss off!!!:angry:

Have a look at the thread you're in you deadset gum nut. If you cant handle the opinion of others then maybe a football for forum isn't the place for you. Grab yourself some tissues and dry those eyes mate. Try not to lose too much sleep over some fella on the Internet saying the goalkeeper of the local sporting team is shit ������

the_butcher
13-11-2015, 12:53 AM
MH several years ago made enquiries....the bloke has fought against alot of criticism and negativity over the years. Some justified of course a few seasons back. He has hardly complained and got on with it.

That game a few weeks ago confirms him as a very good keeper, not Socceroo material, but solid and capable.

Honestly, the guy has my respect.

So "MH" several years ago "made enquiries"? Absolutely none of that sounds like anything to write home about. I agree with the rest of your post though and thank you for not turning into an emotional teenage girl train wreck like some other people around here.

Given the fact he probably isn't on much money, I don't really care if he's our reserve GK. But some people honestly think he should be our #1...it's quite baffling really.

GazFish35
13-11-2015, 01:29 AM
Who's saying he should be #1???

Most supporters of his simply argue he's not deserving of the shit he cops.

plague
13-11-2015, 08:32 AM
Right now on form anyone who doesn't think Biraz is our best keeper is a dumb and stupid.

When called upon in the past 2 seasons BK had done a great job and doesn't get the credit he deserves.

Both these things can be true.

Also BK has a very very tall lady friend and if they ever had kids it would probably be 8' 4" and I feel that would be awesome to see.

Forza Biraz, Forza BK.

**** Middleby.

stopper2
13-11-2015, 10:18 AM
Have a look at the thread you're in you deadset gum nut. If you cant handle the opinion of others then maybe a football for forum isn't the place for you. Grab yourself some tissues and dry those eyes mate. Try not to lose too much sleep over some fella on the Internet saying the goalkeeper of the local sporting team is shit ������

An opinion is when some people rate Birraz over BK or vice versa. When you come out and say a player is not up to this standard....even though a few weeks back against Victory he had a blinder and someone like Bozza acknowledged him as the best keeper of the round, you are basically talking shite.
I would rate our GK situation very low down on the list of concerns at the club at the moment. I am much more concerned about why we haven't signed an injury recplacement for Labi yet then as to why BK is still with the Jets.

Wilso8948
13-11-2015, 10:19 AM
Right now on form anyone who doesn't think Biraz is our best keeper is a dumb and stupid.

When called upon in the past 2 seasons BK had done a great job and doesn't get the credit he deserves.

Also BK has a very very tall lady friend and if they ever had kids it would probably be 8' 4" and I feel that would be awesome to see.

Forza Biraz, Forza BK.

**** Middleby.

I know this girl well. Think Kids may be a fair way off. But I do agree they would be rather tall.

GazFish35
13-11-2015, 11:48 AM
Right now on form anyone who doesn't think Biraz is our best keeper is a ninkumpoop.

Forza Biraz, Forza BK.

**** Middleby.

this

the_butcher
13-11-2015, 11:28 PM
An opinion is when some people rate Birraz over BK or vice versa. When you come out and say a player is not up to this standard....

Now who's talking shite. Do you even read the garbage you post?

I would rate our GK situation very low down on the list of concerns at the club at the moment. I am much more concerned about why we haven't signed an injury recplacement for Labi yet then as to why BK is still with the Jets.

If you rate it so far down your list then why are you having a sook about it? Go and start your labi replacement thread instead of getting your knickers in a knot over some bloke bagging a goalkeeper on an Internet forum.

Now that stopper has hopefully dried his tears we can get back on topic. Gazza, if you don't think he's worthy of being a #1 then why have him? Surely the idea is to have two quality keepers who can push each other. Or is it like I said: keep him as he is a top bloke, local lad who doesn't take up much $?

hawk
13-11-2015, 11:54 PM
Now where were we. thats right, we need 2 keepers cause some dirty aids cvnt keeps kicking our keepers in the head.