PDA

View Full Version : The endless (and probably pointless) GK debate thread.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

The Dunster
14-11-2015, 12:24 AM
Given the fact he probably isn't on much money, I don't really care if he's our reserve GK. But some people honestly think he should be our #1...it's quite baffling really.

The word is that BK is on a six figure plus a season contract.

the_butcher
14-11-2015, 01:02 AM
Now where were we. thats right, we need 2 keepers cause some dirty aids cvnt keeps kicking our keepers in the head.

Respect to hawk as usual for talking sense. Something's never change.

the_butcher
14-11-2015, 01:04 AM
The word is that BK is on a six figure plus a season contract.

The last thing this thread needs right now is for me to hear this...

stopper2
14-11-2015, 12:23 PM
The last thing this thread needs right now is for me to hear this...

Was mentioned months ago by a Herald journo in the know that Boogaard, Mullen, Leaky, Carney AND BK all made up roughly $1million of the salary cap.
Which was basically why there was no more room to fit another quality player under the cap.
This was all done under Stubbins' watch by the way...so blame him if you have any complaints!

Premy
14-11-2015, 08:14 PM
Bump

MFKS
14-11-2015, 09:16 PM
Bump

What for???

The goal was down to shit ****s not marking up and leaving a bloke free on the penalty spot because they were ball watching

GazFish35
14-11-2015, 09:19 PM
The member's correct.

Every cross he flaps at is someone else fault.
Every post not covered at corners is bk's

Goalkeeper analytics foz style.

MFKS
14-11-2015, 09:28 PM
The member's correct.

Every cross he flaps at is someone else fault.
Every post not covered at corners is bk's

Goalkeeper analytics foz style.

Birraz got a hand on the cross in heavy traffic. It was then picked up by a Mariners player in non threatening position

What happened after that is down to Birraz's teammates not doing their job.

The space the Gypo had in that area of the pitch is ridiculous.

Who was marking him let alone that space???

I ain't making any excuses for Birraz. The equaliser has nothing to do with him at all and is solely responsibility of his inept teamates

MFKS
14-11-2015, 09:33 PM
Also just watching it again there were 4 dickheads in gold and one gypo in the contest for the ball with Birraz.

What the **** are 4 of them doing going for a ball their keeper is going for FFS???

One of the four was responsible for leaving the goal scorer free and the another was responsible for leaving the bloke who provided the assist free.

Amateur defending FFS

WolfMan
14-11-2015, 09:43 PM
It wasn't only down to Birraz, but it's a good thing he isn't a boxer. Couldn't punch his way out of a wet paper bag

GazFish35
14-11-2015, 11:52 PM
Birraz got a hand on the cross in heavy traffic. It was then picked up by a Mariners player in non threatening position

What happened after that is down to Birraz's teammates not doing their job.

The space the Gypo had in that area of the pitch is ridiculous.

Who was marking him let alone that space???

I ain't making any excuses for Birraz. The equaliser has nothing to do with him at all and is solely responsibility of his inept teamates

Heavy traffic caused in part by defenders doubting Birraz is coming, because he normally takes two steps backwards before coming to a cross, and because he mustn't be communicating the fact he's coming clearly enough.

The Ethan's he got to it, was then ineffective.

All said and done..... He's still suspect on crosses.

Brilliant point blank shot stopping. But he'd have less point blank shots to stop if dominated the six yard box more.

Premy
15-11-2015, 07:43 AM
Also just watching it again there were 4 dickheads in gold and one gypo in the contest for the ball with Birraz.

What the **** are 4 of them doing going for a ball their keeper is going for FFS???

One of the four was responsible for leaving the goal scorer free and the another was responsible for leaving the bloke who provided the assist free.

Amateur defending FFS
Should of gone to specsavers, or learnt how to count there was 2 Gypos in the crowd. Regardless if Birraz chooses to come to punch that clear he has to do better than he did, he punched it all of 5 meters.
As to who should have been picking up Sim, that's down to Milos. Milos appears to be closet to Sim when the cross comes in and he gets caught ball watching whilst Sim drifts of to the edge of the box Milos keeps dropping giving Sim all the space he needed.

Watch it again if you need to.
Point is Birraz is questionable on crosses and everyone knows that, proven again last night. As a keeper if you are coming that far to clear it you better F'ing make sure that you clear it.

joel31
15-11-2015, 11:51 AM
Boogard was in Birraz way so Birraz couldnt dive across once the shot came in. Not Birraz fault he had a solid match

hawk
15-11-2015, 11:52 AM
51 pages on a position that isnt a real problem. so jets

stopper2
15-11-2015, 03:24 PM

Here here mate!

So over this bitchin' between supporters of who is better.
Mate rings me about 8.30pm last night, wasn't at the game or didn't see it on FOX but heard how Birraz come out and didn't punch the ball clearly. Next few minutes get a spiel of how BK is better and how Birraz is still too immature.....blah blah.
Vidmar called Adelaide a pissant town, reckon Newcastle would go close to being one too!

halo se7en
15-11-2015, 04:34 PM
Should of gone to specsavers, or learnt how to count there was 2 Gypos in the crowd. Regardless if Birraz chooses to come to punch that clear he has to do better than he did, he punched it all of 5 meters.
As to who should have been picking up Sim, that's down to Milos. Milos appears to be closet to Sim when the cross comes in and he gets caught ball watching whilst Sim drifts of to the edge of the box Milos keeps dropping giving Sim all the space he needed.

Watch it again if you need to.
Point is Birraz is questionable on crosses and everyone knows that, proven again last night. As a keeper if you are coming that far to clear it you better F'ing make sure that you clear it.

Probably didn't want to give away another penalty :rof:

Jetmaster
15-11-2015, 05:13 PM
Getting the T-shirt done in the morning....

He will save us all...

hawk
15-11-2015, 05:23 PM
Here here mate!

Mate rings me about 8.30pm last night, wasn't at the game or didn't see it on FOX but heard how Birraz come out and didn't punch the ball clearly. Next few minutes get a spiel of how BK is better and how Birraz is still too immature.....blah blah.
Vidmar called Adelaide a pissant town, reckon Newcastle would go close to being one too!

amazing amount of interest.

yep just call us coward town. did we end up going back up that dark scary tunnel after the match?

plague
15-11-2015, 05:55 PM

only 50 odd posts less than the Griff page.

concerning.

Premy
15-11-2015, 06:53 PM
Boogard was in Birraz way so Birraz couldnt dive across once the shot came in. Not Birraz fault he had a solid match:banghead: had he dealt with it first time the shot would not have even happened. Quite often Birraz is forced to make a great save because he hasn't dealt with a cross and the great save he makes covers up the error he made not dealing with the cross.

GazFish35
15-11-2015, 07:25 PM
Here here mate!

No ones arguing about whose the better keeper. We're all in agreeance.

It's the double standards in analyzing their games that generates the 50 odd pages.

MFKS
15-11-2015, 08:00 PM

To me it is a problem. We are paying our reserve keeper over 100k to sit on his arse each week waiting for one of our keepers to have his head kicked in before he gets a run. FFS we only get to play against Smeltz 3 x a year

Money that could be better spent on paying a rookie as our back up keeper and signing someone else further up the park with a bit more quality than what we have

hawk
15-11-2015, 08:22 PM
well x that by 100 and thats how much of a problem we have with those other cvnts in front of him

stopper2
15-11-2015, 10:40 PM
No ones arguing about whose the better keeper. We're all in agreeance.

It's the double standards in analyzing their games that generates the 50 odd pages.

So it's basically like the Reclaim Australia mob and the Lefty's in that both groups are feeding off each others shit!

RAM
16-11-2015, 05:50 PM
Good to see ol' Flappy McDropdrop come out and cost us another goal on the weekend.

Until we have a keeper that can catch a cross, FK or corner under pressure we will continue to concede soft and costly goals.

RAM
16-11-2015, 05:52 PM

Amateur defending FFS

Did he call for it? If not you can't complain about them trying to clear the ball.

plague
16-11-2015, 06:15 PM
Good to see ol' Flappy McDropdrop come out and cost us another goal on the weekend.

If the other 10 Mongs on the park only made one mistake per game we'd be top of the league fahkern.

Jetmaster
16-11-2015, 06:23 PM
Unfortunately, that is the downside for us keepers....we make one mistake and get crucified. It has to phase you and you have to man up. BK cops it too.
Flappa and the Flapbois should admit to a technical weakness. Stop sweeping it under the carpet.

hawk
16-11-2015, 09:17 PM
:rof: this thread continues to deliver

RAM
17-11-2015, 12:15 PM
Unfortunately, that is the downside for us keepers....we make one mistake and get crucified. It has to phase you and you have to man up. BK cops it too.
Flappa and the Flapbois should admit to a technical weakness. Stop sweeping it under the carpet.

yep

any opposition coach should be targetting ol' flappy

q-money
17-11-2015, 12:50 PM
how about izzo clattering into all the defenders? awful refereeing as usual.

GazFish35
17-11-2015, 02:11 PM

that was BK's fault

belchardo
17-11-2015, 02:19 PM
that was BK's fault

now, now. no need to say things like that.

everybody know's everything is BK's fault.

RAM
17-11-2015, 02:47 PM

wasn't a foul, bloke was just going up for a header

Birra's fault 100%

q-money
17-11-2015, 03:38 PM
:rof: come on, it's an awful attempt, almost superman punches the ball in himself

RAM
17-11-2015, 04:49 PM
:rof: come on, it's an awful attempt, almost superman punches the ball in himself

dreaming

watched it a few times - no foul on Birra or any of our players

Birra's lack of presence in the box cost us another 3 points.

GazFish35
17-11-2015, 04:55 PM
dreaming

Hyperbole much!

it cost us 2 pts, not 3

belchardo
17-11-2015, 05:17 PM
dreaming

no foul? you reckon any other player on the field would have got away with that "challenge"? he took out 3 players!

RAM
17-11-2015, 05:18 PM
Hyperbole much!

it cost us 2 pts, not 3

meh, he's a liability in the air

RAM
17-11-2015, 05:19 PM
no foul? you reckon any other player on the field would have got away with that "challenge"? he took out 3 players!

Only saw 1 go down

was merely contesting the header

MFKS
17-11-2015, 05:44 PM
Did he call for it? If not you can't complain about them trying to clear the ball.

Defending 101 call for the ball

I am assuming the 4 blokes who went for the ball also were not calling for it??

I am assuming the 4 blokes who also went for it should have done the most logical thing and provided a wall in front to give him free reign to catch it.

Keep trying to blame Birraz all you like.

Reality is the defending from the 4 blokes who went for the ball is the problem.

Either they have ignored Birraz call and went for it

Or

One of them has called 3 have ignored him

Or

None of them called at all and 4 went for the same ball deserting their man they were marking

One of them is true and is failure on their part not Birraz's

GazFish35
17-11-2015, 09:10 PM
Or....

None of them have any confidence in Birraz dealing with crosses.

Hiding from the obvious MFKS only makes your arguments in other areas easier to dismiss as irrelevant ramblings.

stopper2
17-11-2015, 09:19 PM
this thread is now closed
it is just repeating itself over and over
please find something more inmportant to discuss then who is our better goalkeeper!

Captain Obvious
17-11-2015, 10:17 PM
The thread isn't closed you can still post things.

Jetmaster
17-11-2015, 10:40 PM
Probably the most fun thread on the foz....roll on 100 pages.

GazFish35
17-11-2015, 11:38 PM
The thread isn't closed you can still post things.

Birraz made new moderator.

"Close thread" button has a cross on it, so he's not able to deal with it effectively.

GazFish35
17-11-2015, 11:44 PM
Probably the most fun thread on the foz....roll on 100 pages.

It really has become a parody of itself hasn't it!

furns
17-11-2015, 11:58 PM
I could have closed it ages ago. I keep it for the lolz

q-money
17-11-2015, 11:59 PM
i would have reopened it

RAM
18-11-2015, 01:03 AM
Defending 101 call for the ball

I am assuming the 4 blokes who went for the ball also were not calling for it??

I am assuming the 4 blokes who also went for it should have done the most logical thing and provided a wall in front to give him free reign to catch it.

Keep trying to blame Birraz all you like.

Reality is the defending from the 4 blokes who went for the ball is the problem.

Either they have ignored Birraz call and went for it

Or

One of them has called 3 have ignored him

Or

None of them called at all and 4 went for the same ball deserting their man they were marking

One of them is true and is failure on their part not Birraz's

keeper overrules any defender's call - defending 101

RAM
18-11-2015, 01:03 AM

"Close thread" button has a cross on it, so he's not able to deal with it effectively.

lololololololololol

RAM
18-11-2015, 01:04 AM
Even the Bangladeshi keeper is better in the air ffs

Bon
18-11-2015, 09:18 AM

:lulzturtle:

plague
18-11-2015, 12:58 PM

Oh man that's cold.

Funny, but cold.

GazFish35
18-11-2015, 01:41 PM

Premy
18-11-2015, 01:43 PM
You had your one moment this year, you should have quit whilst ahead.

GazFish35
18-11-2015, 02:14 PM
You had your one moment this year, you should have quit whilst ahead.

what are you talking about?

Premy
19-11-2015, 01:15 PM
what are you talking about?

Well played, well played.

hawk
20-11-2015, 08:35 PM
Lets discuss something different on here besides the 50 odd pages spent on whether Birraz or BK has the bigger cock!!!

actually, that should be the decisive factor and end the debate. now, who is always crawling up to and suckholing to the players all the time? they can measure with their mouth

Jeterpool
22-11-2015, 09:07 PM
Birraz is pretty good. Goes alright. Reckon it's the beard

Jeterpool
23-11-2015, 09:38 AM
I really hope we have started contract negotiations with Birraz, because otherwise he's walking at the end of the year.

leftrightout
23-11-2015, 10:58 AM
I really hope we have started contract negotiations with Birraz, because otherwise he's walking at the end of the year.

That save he made off Mcgowan when he was offside was absolutely world class!

Jetmaster
23-11-2015, 12:52 PM
Bah humbug - how many crosses did he deal with?

MFKS
23-11-2015, 02:39 PM

Someone is burning good

WolfMan
23-11-2015, 06:05 PM
That save he made off Mcgowan when he was offside was absolutely world class!

Indeed. I was losing my shit and was a bit annoyed it was offside as it took away from the superb reflexes.

His late dive at the far post from that deep free kick wasn't bad either. Must have seen it very late

plague
23-11-2015, 06:23 PM

Biraz deals with crosses better than you deal with good Biraz performances.

MFKS
25-11-2015, 11:53 AM
IT seemed so easy.

One minute Mark Birighitti was collecting the Jets player-of-the year award, the next the keeper had boarded a plane with the Socceroos bound for Brazil and a World Cup training camp.

Bundesliga club Bayer Leverkusen were interested, before they changed manager.

Next was an A-League All-Stars game against his childhood team, Juventus, and sharing cups of coffee with idol and Italian legend Gigi Buffon.

It was the stuff of dreams.

Then came the letdown.

A dip in form was followed by demotion to the Jets bench.

That led to an underwhelming move to Italian Serie B club Varese, and more frustration.

Loan deal complete, the 24-year-old returned to a rebooted Jets squad in July.

Despite the tough trot, Birighitti’s desire and appetite for work never diminished.

‘‘I feel like I have taken my game to a whole new level.’’- Mark Birighitti

Now he is reaping the rewards.

The acrobatic shot-stopper was at his best in a second man-of the match performance to help snare the Jets a valuable point from a scoreless draw on the road against his old club Adelaide on Sunday.

‘‘I’m very happy, not only with the Adelaide game, but my performances throughout the whole season,’’ Birighitti told the Newcastle Herald in the lead-up to Saturday’s visit by league leaders Brisbane.

‘‘I feel like I have taken my game to a whole new level.

‘‘From back them to now, one word I use a lot with the coaching staff is maturity.

‘‘I have matured a lot as a keeper and a person.

‘‘I am going into games feeling very confident that I can play my part for the team.’’

Birighitti has made 26 saves to date, three more than next best Thomas Sørensen (Melbourne City), despite missing the 1-0 win over Melbourne Victory in round three with a bad facial injury.

He had four teeth dislodged and needed more than 40 stitches in his mouth and chin after being kicked flush in the face by Sydney FC striker Shane Smeltz.

The Perth-born gloveman returned to action in round four and was quickly back diving at the feet of strikers.

His heroics against Adelaide on Sunday earned a place in the A-League team of the week for a second time this campaign.

‘‘Massive credit has to go to goalkeeping coach Jess Vanstrattan and the rest of the coaching staff,’’ Birighitti said.

‘‘Jess and I sat down at the start of the season and analysed my game.

‘‘We worked out what areas I needed to improve and have been addressing them.

‘‘We do a lot of reaction stuff at training and power work, the most important aspects of being a keeper.

‘‘We do a lot of plyometric hurdles and those type of exercises. You can see the outcome in games.’’

Coach Ange Postecoglou has stuck mainly with Mat Ryan, Eugene Galekovic and Adam Federici for the Socceroos’ World Cup qualifying campaign. But with Ryan and Galekovic recovering from injury, Leyton Orient’s Alex Cisak was brought in on the bench as back-up to Federici for the past two games.

‘‘In regards to the Socceroos, last year was a write-off for me,’’ Birighitti said.

‘‘To start this season the way I have, I’m very happy with that.

‘‘I’m focused purely on doing my thing for the club. The rest will take care of itself.

‘‘If a Socceroos call-up does happen, it is a massive honour representing your country.’’

Off contract at the end of the season, Birighitti harbours a desire to return to Europe but is not in a rush.

‘‘Every young footballer aspires to play in the big leagues in Europe,’’ he said.

‘‘But I’m really enjoying my football in Newcastle.

‘‘The gaffer has come in and set a strong culture, and there is big things in the future for this club. That is something I want to be a part of.

‘‘In terms of contract talks, I’ll leave that to my manager, Vinnie Grella.

‘‘My job is to stop balls from going into the back of the net.’’

How good is this bloke going??

Best keeper we have

GazFish35
25-11-2015, 04:30 PM

How good is this bloke going??

Best keeper we have

he's cooked now.

as soon a keeper is linked to the socceroos their form goes to shit.

He's going great guns at the moment.
sort out his aerial domination on crosses and he's Europe bound again.

RAM
26-11-2015, 11:37 AM
Indeed. I was losing my shit and was a bit annoyed it was offside as it took away from the superb reflexes.

His late dive at the far post from that deep free kick wasn't bad either. Must have seen it very late

the latter was a far harder save

RAM
26-11-2015, 11:39 AM
There's no question that's he's a very good shot stopper, but with such a major flaw in his game he cannot go to the next level and will continue to be a liability to the Jets from time to time.

My preference for BK is related to his more rounded ability, no doubt Birra is a better shot stopper.

The Camel
26-11-2015, 01:08 PM
There's no question that's he's a very good shot stopper, but with such a major flaw in his game he cannot go to the next level and will continue to be a liability to the Jets from time to time.

My preference for BK is related to his more rounded ability, no doubt Birra is a better shot stopper.

By more rounded do you mean "below average in all facets"? BK is as poor or worse than Birraz with regards to crosses and is in no where near his quality with regards to shot stopping and distribution.

Jetmaster
26-11-2015, 04:30 PM
By more rounded do you mean "below average in all facets"? BK is as poor or worse than Birraz with regards to crosses and is in no where near his quality with regards to shot stopping and distribution.

Mate - what games do you watch? One thing that BK does have over Birraz is better distribution. Birraz is Reddy 2.0.

mother theresa
26-11-2015, 04:35 PM
Mate - what games do you watch? One thing that BK does have over Birraz is better distribution. Birraz is Reddy 2.0.

your right mate
his distribution is excellent, he never misses the poor spectator in row x in the 2nd tier of grandstand.
BK would struggle in New FM

Jeterpool
26-11-2015, 09:27 PM

I'll weigh in here. They're both as bad as each other

plague
26-11-2015, 09:55 PM
I'll weigh in here. They're all as bad as each other

you're right.
Jetmaster, Mother Theresa and The Camel are inseperable.

RAM
27-11-2015, 03:31 PM
BK is as poor or worse than Birraz with regards to crosses

lolololololololololololololololol

Newy
13-12-2015, 07:57 PM
he's cooked now.

as soon a keeper is linked to the socceroos their form goes to shit.

He's going great guns at the moment.
sort out his aerial domination on crosses and he's Europe bound again.

Yep

plague
14-12-2015, 09:47 AM
Anyone out here fessing up that in a season of stellar performances, Biraz had a bad bad day yesterday?

belchardo
14-12-2015, 09:52 AM
4 goals always looks bad, particularly the 2 through the legs. but, he had no protection and on another day he may well have saved/deflected the ones through his legs (like the one the other week that he saved with his butt).

his worst moment was coming out to take a ball with no pressure, chose to punch instead and punched it straight to a city player.

not his greatest game.

MFKS
14-12-2015, 10:57 AM
Anyone out here fessing up that in a season of stellar performances, Biraz had a bad bad day yesterday?

Didn't watch enough of the game to comment.

The 10 ****ers in front of him done my head in

Missed two of the goals yesterday anyway going to toilet

Wilso8948
14-12-2015, 11:14 AM
I dont get the whole "through the legs thing". Everyone faps on when he saves speccys with an outstretched leg but then bags him when it goes through his legs. I'm no keeper but in my understanding you have two choices.

- split legs and hope he tries to pass you or go near post
-keep legs closed and hope you have gadget arms to reach nice and low

He pretty much gambles as to whether the striker will power straight or go to the corners. Or of course there is an option 3
-grow a ****ing tail

Local Rules
14-12-2015, 12:33 PM
I dont get the whole "through the legs thing". Everyone faps on when he saves speccys with an outstretched leg but then bags him when it goes through his legs. I'm no keeper but in my understanding you have two choices.

- split legs and hope he tries to pass you or go near post
-keep legs closed and hope you have gadget arms to reach nice and low

He pretty much gambles as to whether the striker will power straight or go to the corners. Or of course there is an option 3
-grow a ****ing tail

You are correct in what you are saying but the problem is his technique when choosing the one leg flat and bent front knee. For this to be effective you have to get lower and ensure the back leg and front leg are in line otherwise a gap the size of Sydney heads opens up and strikers at this level, except ours, only need a sniff to make you pay. He was lucky with the one he saved with his butt as this was going in only his balance was off and he fell over.

He has had a stellar season so far but as they say in goalkeeping - nobody remembers the ones you save but they will not let you forget the ones you miss.

plague
14-12-2015, 02:09 PM
You are correct in what you are saying but the problem is his technique when choosing the one leg flat and bent front knee. For this to be effective you have to get lower and ensure the back leg and front leg are in line otherwise a gap the size of Sydney heads opens up and strikers at this level, except ours, only need a sniff to make you pay. He was lucky with the one he saved with his butt as this was going in only his balance was off and he fell over.

Oh man.
This guy.

Wilso8948
14-12-2015, 02:12 PM
You are correct in what you are saying but the problem is his technique when choosing the one leg flat and bent front knee. For this to be effective you have to get lower and ensure the back leg and front leg are in line.

Did you legit just describe the whip and nae nae dance?

Local Rules
14-12-2015, 03:55 PM
Oh man.
This guy.

Sorry Plague I know people are not used to having things explained on here with a degree of knowledge but if you are going to give an opinion I would like you to be able to back it up. Are you saying because I have exhibited a bit of knowledge on the basics of goalkeeping in a thread devoted to a goalkeeper instead of lampooning him or saying he is just the best and this was a bad day that my opinion is less valuable than a beer swilling bogan who may not be able to put an articulate argument together.

belchardo
14-12-2015, 04:24 PM
Sorry Plague I know people are not used to having things explained on here with a degree of knowledge but if you are going to give an opinion I would like you to be able to back it up. Are you saying because I have exhibited a bit of knowledge on the basics of goalkeeping in a thread devoted to a goalkeeper instead of lampooning him or saying he is just the best and this was a bad day that my opinion is less valuable than a beer swilling bogan who may not be able to put an articulate argument together.

:popcorn:

plague
14-12-2015, 04:41 PM
Are you saying because I have exhibited a bit of knowledge on the basics of goalkeeping in a thread devoted to a goalkeeper instead of lampooning him or saying he is just the best and this was a bad day that my opinion is less valuable than a beer swilling bogan who may not be able to put an articulate argument together.

Nah man. What I said was 'oh man. This guy'.

I even double checked it again for accuracy and it's right there in the post.

Maybe check ypur browser settings or something.

Cheers;
Plague.

Local Rules
14-12-2015, 04:47 PM
Nah man. What I said was 'oh man. This guy'.

I even double checked it again for accuracy and it's right there in the post.

Maybe check ypur browser settings or something.

Cheers;
Plague.

Checked post. You're correct. No argument. My opinion. No rebuttal. I win.

Jetmaster
14-12-2015, 04:52 PM
No issue with the between the legs stuff - but that one handed punch in the first half again highlighted the kid's major issue in dealing with crosses.

plague
14-12-2015, 05:03 PM
Checked post. You're correct. No argument. My opinion. No rebuttal. I win.

Your fellow pretend bio mechanics experts must be so proud.
Good job by you.

The Dunster
14-12-2015, 05:14 PM
http://www.inflexwetrust.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/539w.jpg

I think this is the positioning Birraz needed to be in.Can't believe they don't practice this at training.

Local Rules
14-12-2015, 06:00 PM
Your fellow pretend bio mechanics experts must be so proud.
Good job by you.

Just check some of the futsal saves and other goalkeeping sites for this type of save and then watch a training session for elite goalkeepers and you will see what I mean. I don't profess to be a biomechanics expert I just know what I have seen from some very highly rated coaches and players and what Birraz is doing is a flawed technique in this area as he is not close enough to take this position for it to be effective or he is too slow in making the commitment to the save and leaving the gap.

plague
14-12-2015, 06:18 PM
http://www.inflexwetrust.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/539w.jpg

I think this is the positioning Birraz needed to be in.Can't believe they don't practice this at training.

That's just straight up flawed coaching there Dunster.

Me and my pretend coaching mates can see this from a mile away.

hawk
14-12-2015, 06:57 PM
my opinion is less valuable than a beer swilling bogan who may not be able to put an articulate argument together.

You'll have to go to the knights forum for those discussions

GazFish35
14-12-2015, 10:40 PM
Birraz has a bad day, written off as a bad day. critique of his technique ignored.

BK makes one mistake and he's the cause of ISIS.

The imbalance in peoples reactions to these blokes never ceases to amaze me.

Birraz had a "normal" day, he's been playing out of his skin lately.
Silver lining is, if he's gonna have a four bad (not that they all were) saves, have them all in one game, it only cost us three points.
If he starts spreading these errors (term used loosely) across multiple games, we drop more.

My Keeper Union membership card also states that I should point out that the real issue was the clinical nature of their shooting compared to the pathetic nature of ours.

Yet again, we've got 100 problems and the goalkeepers aren't one.

BodyNovo
15-12-2015, 10:14 AM
Birraz has a bad day, written off as a bad day. critique of his technique ignored.

BK makes one mistake and he's the cause of ISIS.

The imbalance in peoples reactions to these blokes never ceases to amaze me.

Birraz had a "normal" day, he's been playing out of his skin lately.
Silver lining is, if he's gonna have a four bad (not that they all were) saves, have them all in one game, it only cost us three points.
If he starts spreading these errors (term used loosely) across multiple games, we drop more.

My Keeper Union membership card also states that I should point out that the real issue was the clinical nature of their shooting compared to the pathetic nature of ours.

Yet again, we've got 100 problems and the goalkeepers aren't one.

I like this post

Couscous
15-12-2015, 12:22 PM
Birraz is a pretty good-looking bloke. BK is a pretty ugly bloke.

The Dunster
15-12-2015, 01:55 PM

This coming from a mong like yourself Mr Dillon with a head like a beaten favourite.

RAM
15-12-2015, 02:33 PM
http://scene7.targetimg1.com/is/image/Target/13460598?wid=480&hei=480

hawk
15-12-2015, 08:52 PM

This coming from a mong like yourself Mr Dillon with a head like a beaten favourite.

bahahaha

Jetmaster
16-12-2015, 08:22 AM
With that beard Birraz looks like a bat!

Hence the flapping.

Couscous
17-12-2015, 08:42 PM

With respect to pure sexual magnetism: Birraz > Bob Dillon > BK

http://www.walkleys.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Robert-Dillon-website.jpg

GazFish35
24-12-2015, 09:14 PM
Interesting way to concede.
Cross into box, keeper retreats.

Popa must have done hours and hours of analysis to find that option.

Jetmaster
24-12-2015, 10:33 PM
I give up....every point Birraz saves with his shot stopping he gives back a few weeks later with that sort of rubbish. Eugene, Vuka and Sorensen all would've claimed that.

weston
24-12-2015, 10:56 PM
Birrazz should have saved that first ball but where was the marking. The finger has to be mainly pointed at the root of the problem not the end of it. If you mark the man chances are he doesn't get the clean header on goal.

GazFish35
24-12-2015, 10:59 PM
Birrazz should have saved that first ball but where was the marking. The finger has to be mainly pointed at the root of the problem not the end of it. If you mark the man chances are he doesn't get the clean header on goal.

Let's play without a keeper then.
Thread is about goalkeepers so I thought this might be a good place to highlight an obvious error one of our keepers keeps making.

Hope van Stratten can sort this ASAP.

Jetmaster
26-12-2015, 12:40 PM

Some people (especially Birraz Facebook bum chums) just don't get it. Like the through the legs stuff last week, the issue isn't the odd error in shot stopping....every keeper makes them every season.

The core issue is that a quality keeper would have claimed the free kick in the first place. It was floated in and it wasn't overly congested.

However, note the boy wonder's positioning when the kick was taken.

BP Super Dynamos
26-12-2015, 09:45 PM
At least both our keepers are better than Paul Izzo. Our national U/23 side are in all sorts if he's the best available

Jetmaster
25-01-2016, 08:03 PM
Bump...six...Birraz out.

Jeterpool
10-04-2016, 10:48 AM
I think those at the match last night saw Birighitti in Jets colours for the last time. If he was realistic, he'd be looking to head overseas as a free agent.

The player we saw this year was similar, but definitely more refined, to the player we saw in his first year. He's had a bumpy ride with the club, losing his sport a few times due to poor form. Had he left last year, he would have left many with a sour taste in their mouth about his time as the Jets custodian. His performances this year have restored the faith in his ability.

I expect he will be remembered for the reflex saves that kept us in matches this year more so than for the controversies and poor saves such as that miss against Bosnar and the "phased" debacle. He could arguably be considered in the same echelon as Ante Covic who in fairness had a much stronger defence in front of him.

If he stays in the league, I really hope it's with us. But if he goes, he goes with my good wishes because I'm of the opinion he can reach greater heights and learn much more about his craft than this league can provide.

WolfMan
10-04-2016, 10:56 AM
I think those at the match last night saw Birighitti in Jets colours for the last time. If he was realistic, he'd be looking to head overseas as a free agent.

The player we saw this year was similar, but definitely more refined, to the player we saw in his first year. He's had a bumpy ride with the club, losing his sport a few times due to poor form. Had he left last year, he would have left many with a sour taste in their mouth about his time as the Jets custodian. His performances this year have restored the faith in his ability.

I expect he will be remembered for the reflex saves that kept us in matches this year more so than for the controversies and poor saves such as that miss against Bosnar and the "phased" debacle. He could arguably be considered in the same echelon as Ante Covic who in fairness had a much stronger defence in front of him.

If he stays in the league, I really hope it's with us. But if he goes, he goes with my good wishes because I'm of the opinion he can reach greater heights and learn much more about his craft than this league can provide.

Here, here

StannyCFCJET
10-04-2016, 12:46 PM
Here, here
Birraz will be remembered as the only reason ONLY reason we didnt win the spoon this year

Jeterpool
10-04-2016, 02:23 PM
Birraz will be remembered as the only reason ONLY reason we didnt win the spoon this year

I don't agree with that. We have been much better as a whole defensive unit. Birraz has been good but he hasn't saved us/won us 17 points

belchardo
10-04-2016, 03:09 PM

What if goes to the gypos? They clearly need a better keeper! :rof:

10-04-2016, 03:58 PM
Perf me thinks.

MFKS
10-04-2016, 04:05 PM
I don't agree with that. We have been much better as a whole defensive unit. Birraz has been good but he hasn't saved us/won us 17 points

Still not liking the taste of those grapes are you??

Reality is he has improved this season he has been our top performer consistently.

He had achieved a standard your love child BK never has and never will.

Yet you still can't give credit where it is dur
Thread title is apt.

Newys No 1

How you liking them grapes now???

hawk
10-04-2016, 04:08 PM
But if he goes, he goes with my good wishes because I'm of the opinion he can reach greater heights.

no no no no no no no, this is a defeatest mentality that we need to get out this club. If he goes he's a cvnt. He should stay with us and build a dynasty.

fk this better life sh1t, we arent a welfare or we'd be delivering meals on wheels (good idea during the week should try it).

plague
10-04-2016, 04:09 PM

Reality is he has improved this season he has been our top performer consistently.

Thread title is apt.

Newys No 1

Biraz deserves an even bigger serving of dap because he had Boogaard actively campaigning to **** his shit right up all season yet we were still better than the Gypos.

Amazing feat.

plague
10-04-2016, 04:10 PM
no no no no no no no, this is a defeatest mentality that we need to get out this club. If he goes he's a cvnt. He should stay with us and build a dynasty.

fk this better life sh1t, we arent a welfare or we'd be delivering meals on wheels (good idea during the week should try it).

If he goes o/s and gets a starting gig in a better league them I'm all for it.

If he goes to another A-League club I'll be leading the line with Hawk to tar and feather the judas prick.

Jetmaster
10-04-2016, 04:19 PM

Thread title is apt.

Newys No 1

Quite looking forward to the return of BK next season!
Birraz improved this season but still not 100% convinced of his aerial ability. Would hope he goes to one of the tougher leagues to sort this out.
If he stays in Oz, odds on Perth and immediate cvntness...Covic past it and he fits the returning locals edict over there....that salary cap must be feeling the strain.

MFKS
10-04-2016, 04:24 PM
If he goes o/s and gets a starting gig in a better league them I'm all for it.

If he goes to another A-League club I'll be leading the line with Hawk to tar and feather the judas prick.

Precisely right.

If he goes OS

Fair credit he has earned it and wish him all the best

If he lays for a rival HAL side next season or in the future then he can get ****ed

Just like his Judas mate Taggart.

Bloke could have come back to Newy and rebuilt his career but chose not to and shat all over the people of Newy

Taggz comes back to Newy for a second stint and we all know where that is going. Walking in the footsteps of the greatest man of all time

He chose to walk his own path.

**** him too

turbojetfireV8
10-04-2016, 04:28 PM
Perf will find space in their ever expanding salary cap for him in that case...

Jeterpool
10-04-2016, 05:53 PM

Thread title is apt.

Newys No 1

What?!?!

BK isn't my love child mate. I thought I gave plenty of credit to birraz throughout the season. What I'm saying is his absence wouldn't have brought us down to the level of the Gypos and hence got us the spoon.

I've not got involved in this whole BK v Birraz debate on purpose!!

Time to calm down.

Jeterpool
10-04-2016, 05:58 PM
Precisely right.

If he goes OS

Fair credit he has earned it and wish him all the best

If he lays for a rival HAL side next season or in the future then he can get ****ed

Just like his Judas mate Taggart.

Bloke could have come back to Newy and rebuilt his career but chose not to and shat all over the people of Newy

Taggz comes back to Newy for a second stint and we all know where that is going. Walking in the footsteps of the greatest man of all time

He chose to walk his own path.

**** him too

Perhaps I should have clarified. If he goes OVERSEAS I wish him all the best. If he is staying in this league we have to turn heaven and earth to keep him. Losing him now would be akin to losing Dura or Stu all those years ago

Jeterpool
10-04-2016, 05:59 PM

See my post above. I've clarified. If he goes OVERSEAS I'm ok. If he leaves us for another A-League club that's not on

furns
10-04-2016, 06:10 PM
Absolute funniest part of the night was Birraz jogging back to the sheds after going Ljubo-style and giving away everything but his dacks, only to have Bodi yell at him over the mega: "Hey Birraz can I have your skins?"

:roflz:

turbojetfireV8
10-04-2016, 07:55 PM
Absolute funniest part of the night was Birraz jogging back to the sheds after going Ljubo-style and giving away everything but his dacks, only to have Bodi yell at him over the mega: "Hey Birraz can I have your skins?"

:roflz:

secos actually stopped him to check he wasn't a supporter, didn't recognise him with his kit off :D

MFKS
10-04-2016, 08:30 PM
What?!?!

BK isn't my love child mate. I thought I gave plenty of credit to birraz throughout the season. What I'm saying is his absence wouldn't have brought us down to the level of the Gypos and hence got us the spoon.

I've not got involved in this whole BK v Birraz debate on purpose!!

Time to calm down.
Sorry mate looks like I quoted the wrong bloke.

Was more interested in Jetmaster and his love affair with BK

Apologies for my error

MFKS
10-04-2016, 08:36 PM
Quite looking forward to the return of BK next season!
Birraz improved this season but still not 100% convinced of his aerial ability. Would hope he goes to one of the tougher leagues to sort this out.
If he stays in Oz, odds on Perth and immediate cvntness...Covic past it and he fits the returning locals edict over there....that salary cap must be feeling the strain.

I hope he announces he is staying in Newy for another year and then going OS just so you can keep sucking some more grapes that taste like lemons as BK picks splinters out of his arse next year.

If he goes it be a good laugh if Millertime brings in a new keeper who keeps BK on the bench again

hawk
10-04-2016, 08:38 PM
Birraz did the biz this year for mine

Jetmaster
10-04-2016, 09:28 PM

Apologies for my error

Glad to see the back of the over rated Batface dear Member. The sticky seats around me were getting a bit annoying.

Jeterpool
10-04-2016, 09:32 PM

Apologies for my error

No probs

Jetmaster
10-04-2016, 09:55 PM
http://i.giphy.com/lAhV1U3MCBPhu.gif

Jokes....just jokes...

StannyCFCJET
11-04-2016, 10:21 PM

We concede shots galore every game and would be down 3-0 most games in side 20 if not for birraz agree defence has improved but we would still have the spoon without birraz IMO he has won us every point weve gained this season through a save or block minus the game at home V victory where BK was ****ing immense

StannyCFCJET
11-04-2016, 10:23 PM
Also of course birraz is better than BK but that doesnt mean BK isnt an awesome keeper in his own right. BK's one on one shot stopping is close to the best in the league

turbojetfireV8
12-04-2016, 07:14 AM
We concede shots galore every game and would be down 3-0 most games in side 20 if not for birraz agree defence has improved but we would still have the spoon without birraz IMO he has won us every point weve gained this season through a save or block minus the game at home V victory where BK was ****ing immense

So you are saying our team was worse than the gyppos this year - you sure about that??? Have a little think and get back to me on that one... :D

Jeterpool
12-04-2016, 08:50 AM
So you are saying our team was worse than the gyppos this year - you sure about that??? Have a little think and get back to me on that one... :D

Exactly. Birraz was good and certainly won us, and save us, a fair chunk of points but he wasn't the SOLE difference between us finishing where the gypos did.

Besides, when comparing to 2014/15, we faced fewer shots on target, made fewer saves and conceded fewer goals.

Jetmaster
12-04-2016, 09:23 AM
In all seriousness I put my hands up and say Birraz had a great season and deserves plaudits. I expect him to move overseas but have this feeling Perth will have a crack.

What gets my back up is people getting stuck into BK just because he "may" become our number one again, based entirely on past performances that were in the "gold days". BK now is a solid and accomplished keeper. The guy has worked on his game, never complained and deserves respect - his last game in the first team was equal to anything Birraz pulled out this season.

Jeterpool
12-04-2016, 09:48 AM
In all seriousness I put my hands up and say Birraz had a great season and deserves plaudits. I expect him to move overseas but have this feeling Perth will have a crack.

What gets my back up is people getting stuck into BK just because he "may" become our number one again, based entirely on past performances that were in the "gold days". BK now is a solid and accomplished keeper. The guy has worked on his game, never complained and deserves respect - his last game in the first team was equal to anything Birraz pulled out this season.

In seasons past, Ben has had opportunities because of Birraz's indifferent form. This season he had one chance and he kept a clean sheet and looked pretty strong! I certainly feel less anxious with him in goals.

The management will know what they want. As you say, I also fully expect Birighitti to try his luck overseas and he really needs to do that for his own ambitions too! I expect BK will get a starting run and Tuxford promoted after getting a run in the State league this year. We will use Birraz wage for an outfield player.

Not sure if I'd do that, but the market isn't necessarily flushed with quality keepers. Th only one who looks decent is Lawrence Thomas, but ask that question 4 weeks ago and we'd not mention his name in this manner.

RAM
12-04-2016, 11:08 AM
Birra still ****s up a lot for all his agility. Look at the Mariners' first goal. A ****en airswing. BK is more dependable imo and is more than good enough to replace Birra when he ****s off to the 3rd tier in Italy or some other lower tier in Europe chasing a dream.

The Camel
12-04-2016, 11:48 AM
Birra still ****s up a lot for all his agility. Look at the Mariners' first goal. A ****en airswing. BK is more dependable imo and is more than good enough to replace Birra when he ****s off to the 3rd tier in Italy or some other lower tier in Europe chasing a dream.

Huh? Mariners first goal was a pen.

Birraz has been sensational this season. BK is a handy reserve keeper but chews up too much salary cap if we are not using the exemptions. I hope Birraz stays, he has been IMO the best keeper in the league this season.

pv4
12-04-2016, 12:10 PM
BK's distribution is shocking. If Miller has any plans to play out from the back, he'll more than likely let BK go - particularly if he is taking up a large amount of the cap like rumoured.

RAM
12-04-2016, 01:54 PM
Huh? Mariners first goal was a pen.

Birraz has been sensational this season. BK is a handy reserve keeper but chews up too much salary cap if we are not using the exemptions. I hope Birraz stays, he has been IMO the best keeper in the league this season.

The airswing ffs

BK will be an exemption to the cap.... Birra is a pissy little keeper, who flaps about his box. Yes he's a good shot stopper and has reasonable distribution but he's not that great.

Grimario
12-04-2016, 02:37 PM
The airswing ffs

BK will be an exemption to the cap.... Birra is a pissy little keeper, who flaps about his box. Yes he's a good shot stopper and has reasonable distribution but he's not that great.

If the new owners actually use it. And i dare say Kanta who has played most games would be a much more likely candidate if they were using it.

MFKS
12-04-2016, 02:40 PM
As a staunch Birraz faboi I am calling you out for being full of shit there RAM

Birraz has his issues with crosses but another area he really needs to work on is his kicking

Yes he strikes them well but he misses his targets far too often.

Most of the time it is just lazy and sloppiness

Nothing that hard to fix but he just looks careless far too often striking balls 30-40 yards that keepers like Galekovic Ryan etc regularly nail

Wilso8948
12-04-2016, 02:46 PM
The airswing ffs

Birra is a pissy little keeper, who flaps about his box. Yes he's a good shot stopper and has reasonable distribution but he's not that great.

Lay off the cones mate

The Dunster
12-04-2016, 03:49 PM
Birra gets my vote. Good Keeper, good bloke, and loves beating the gypos. You can't ask for anything more than that.

sammydog
12-04-2016, 04:29 PM
This thread keeps giving. Over three years, and 1147 posts and its still going round in circles.

Lets just get rid of them both and save some bandwidth on here.

RAM
14-04-2016, 02:17 PM
As a staunch Birraz faboi I am calling you out for being full of shit there RAM

Birraz has his issues with crosses but another area he really needs to work on is his kicking

Yes he strikes them well but he misses his targets far too often.

Most of the time it is just lazy and sloppiness

Nothing that hard to fix but he just looks careless far too often striking balls 30-40 yards that keepers like Galekovic Ryan etc regularly nail

I said reasonable distribution, not brillant dumb****.

GazFish35
14-04-2016, 11:06 PM
At least either hasn't done anything as stupid as Sorenson's penalty last week or Izzo's attempt at disappearing into the earth.

Credit needs to be afforded van Stratton
Birraz has improved this season.

turbojetfireV8
15-04-2016, 07:57 AM
BK once told me I had a cool shirt, Birra would never do that - BK > Birra... :thumbsup:

MFKS
15-04-2016, 11:58 PM
Apparently the Jets had their presentation night tonight.

Birraz cleaned house and took all the awards home.

Anyone else bar Griff managed that???

plague
16-04-2016, 12:17 AM
Bigger lock than Winx that was.

turbojetfireV8
16-04-2016, 12:20 AM
Griff would have also got top goalscorer, which this year was Milos, no comparison - if Griff had been in goals he would have had 27 clean sheets, 17 goals and 26 assists, easily better than Birra 3, 0 and 0... ;)

Couscous
17-04-2016, 08:39 PM
What would Birraz have done?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttixVdTg894

GazFish35
17-04-2016, 09:16 PM
Closed him down quicker and copped a boot in the mouth, but deflected it out for a corner.

****ing cracker goal btw

hawk
17-04-2016, 10:15 PM
for those who are not sure how to treat an oppo keeper here....can kiss his saus and make up after the whistle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWVIUe2_uAM

Grimario
28-04-2016, 01:40 PM
Birraz, PFA team of the year*.

Legend.

http://pfa.net.au/?p=5848

*on the bench behind Sorensen

RAM
28-04-2016, 03:38 PM
Flappy

Couscous
20-05-2016, 01:51 PM
Birraz in the Herald today. So humble. I think he's Jesus.

"It was an amazing experience being a part of a world cup campaign," he said.

"Coming back from that, my career went down hill.

"I was getting bad advice and I got carried away with my own importance and thought I was better than what I was.

"It was dreadful year for me."

Jetmaster
21-05-2016, 09:53 AM
I was getting bad advice and I got carried away with my own importance and thought I was better than what I was.

Well done Birraz for being man enough to admit something that some of your fanbois insisted on papering over.

Will be a better person for it.

halo se7en
21-05-2016, 11:51 AM
Article today suggests Miller will run with BK as no. 1 and get a younger play as 2 to develop. Also mentioned that it makes financial sense too.

MFKS
21-05-2016, 12:24 PM
Article today suggests Miller will run with BK as no. 1 and get a younger play as 2 to develop. Also mentioned that it makes financial sense too.
Of course it does. Having a bloke like BK riding the pine as your No2 on his wages is pointless.

He is either the No1 or shouldn't be at the club

borat
21-05-2016, 01:31 PM
Article today suggests Miller will run with BK as no. 1 and get a younger play as 2 to develop. Also mentioned that it makes financial sense too..
Needing to sign 3 x u20's forces his hand in recruiting a younger player.

But if you look at the list of Australian players abroad there is an abundance of young goalkeepers at u18 and u21 level. Losing our No 1 is a good opportunity to recruit one of the keepers with the prospect of first team football.

rhysd
21-05-2016, 02:11 PM
Needing to sign 3 x u20's forces his hand in recruiting a younger player.

But if you look at the list of Australian players abroad there is an abundance of young goalkeepers at u18 and u21 level. Losing our No 1 is a good opportunity to recruit one of the keepers with the prospect of first team football.

Australian GKs have always been sought after products. There will be someone out there good enough to produce at a-league level. Good decision by miller here

turbojetfireV8
21-05-2016, 02:24 PM
"I was getting bad advice and I got carried away with my own importance and thought I was better than what I was."

Well done Birraz for being man enough to admit something that some of your fanbois insisted on papering over.

Will be a better person for it.

Think his use of the past tense there is a bit premature though... :popcorn:

MFKS
24-06-2016, 09:39 PM
Mods Change thread title

Needs a tribute to Birraz still being Champion and vacating the title

I gonna say I am surprised Duncan came back here.

Like getting back together with your ex a few years later

Just a dumb move

The only reason I can see why he has come back here is either Millertime has given him a guarantee he is No1 or he is been told it is up for grabs and he is 100% confident that he will beat BK

It just makes no sense for him to come here at his stage of his career to be a No2

Anyway I on the Duncan bandwagon

Bk Forever the bridemaid

StannyCFCJET
24-06-2016, 09:56 PM
Im gonna have to be team BK done nothing wrong except have a amazing birraz in front of him

turbojetfireV8
24-06-2016, 10:14 PM
BK to take his rightful place as undisputed numero uno guardian between the sticks. JD to be used as cannon fodder during practice like all good seconds who know their place = correct pecking order...

turbojetfireV8
24-06-2016, 10:18 PM
Perf probably only wanted us to sign him so we could develop him to some day go back to them under their 'all locals are salary-cap free' ruling (him and Birraz)...

Jetmaster
25-06-2016, 02:58 PM
Does it not make sense to have two keepers fighting for a shirt?
Good move...if he is good enough he'll get the goodies.
Will be an important season for BK as well. Now the trauma of his mothers condition is behind him (may she rest in peace), the opportunity is there to nail ot once and for all.

The Dunster
25-06-2016, 05:23 PM
Does it not make sense to have two keepers fighting for a shirt?

I'd rather one exceptionally good keeper and a backup that was adequate. This situation could have two keepers of similar ability more worried about beating each other than they are about being part of a team.

StannyCFCJET
25-06-2016, 06:04 PM
I'd rather one exceptionally good keeper and a backup that was adequate. This situation could have two keepers of similar ability more worried about beating each other than they are about being part of a team.

Do we not want players worried about losing there spot to someone else if they dont perform. Sounds like that is what we have at GK same as last year which is fantastic

The Dunster
25-06-2016, 06:49 PM
Do we not want players worried about losing there spot to someone else if they dont perform. Sounds like that is what we have at GK same as last year which is fantastic

No. Stressing players out / making them worry is not a proven method of increasing performance in athletes or any workers for that matter.

You usually end up with people merely showing up to get a pay check or not giving a flying **** about outcomes.

Jetmaster
26-06-2016, 10:40 AM
Which is what would happen to a GK who has no expectations of playing. Poor performers in the workplace often hide and collect the paycheck by relying on overall team performance to cover their ills.

If BK breaks a leg then sure you can get a replacement...but what if he lets three goals through his legs in the first match? He would have to be dropped.

In this day and age you should have two equals for each position. If someone is going to sook around you don't want them anyway.

The Dunster
26-06-2016, 11:10 AM
Which is what would happen to a GK who has no expectations of playing. Poor performers in the workplace often hide and collect the paycheck by relying on overall team performance to cover their ills.

If BK breaks a leg then sure you can get a replacement...but what if he lets three goals through his legs in the first match? He would have to be dropped.

In this day and age you should have two equals for each position. If someone is going to sook around you don't want them anyway.

If two players are of equal ability and they both give their best then the decision of who plays is not based on their own performance. It is based on either the perception of a third party or more likely than that politics / managers doing deals behind closed doors / how marketable they are... and so on.
Therefore, in this situation both players would feel they should be starting and yet one of them won't be and through no fault of their own.
If that's your idea of promoting team harmony all the best to you.
F1 Racing is a prime example of how your strategy simply does not work.

GazFish35
26-06-2016, 03:56 PM
The GK spot in unique in that sense.
Mostly due to it being a full 90minute position and little tactical fluctuation in influencing who gets the gig.

Most clubs around the world have a definite #1 and a number of understudies who can perform at the level required to keep the number1 on their toes.... It more important to have the understudies aware of and content with the situation.

I hope whoever gets the starting spot is pushed by whoever doesn't, but that who ever gets the bench spot is happy enough to not cause discontent amongst the group.

It's a tight little clique amongst keepers as they spend so much time together in small groups.
Jvs clearly managed to work both guys well last season, hope he can do the same again.

MFKS
26-06-2016, 04:07 PM

Two equals in each position??

Who's Victrees equal of Berisha??

Who's Hearts equal of Mooy??

Like **** you have two equals.

You splurge on your no1
Your no 2 gets paid peanuts and is expected to chip in from time to time.

I have no problem if BK was the No2 to Birraz as long as he was being paid appropriate wages.

Problem is we were paying our back up more of our salary cap than needed.

Problem I have with Duncan and BK as our keepers unless Duncan has improved significantly since he was here last we now have 2 No2s and no No1 keeper.

We will have gone backwards as we were better stocked last season

rhysd
26-06-2016, 05:14 PM
I would say that, perhaps, due to BK's proposed wages that a truly recognized no 1 was going to yet again assume more of the salary cap space. Hence why he probably has gone for someone a little younger, someone who perhaps understands Newcastle and thus representing more of a "bang for buck" scenario for Miller.

Perhaps the grand scheme is to have Duncan as the dedicated no 2 (on more modest wages) and move BK on at the end of this season?

The Dunster
26-06-2016, 05:55 PM
Can someone post BK and Duncan's Football Manager Stats please.

hawk
26-06-2016, 08:13 PM
Can someone post BK and Duncan's Football Manager Stats please.

both keepers. next

was Duncan any good last time?

MFKS
26-06-2016, 08:48 PM
both keepers. next

was Duncan any good last time?
I Watched a fair bit of him in the Yoof.

Was not highly impressed and had no issues when he left the club

Fingers crossed he has matured and improved away from the Jets to an extent he is better than BK

If he hasn't then some severe questions need asking of the coaching department for signing him as they should have either backed BK for the No1 gig or signed a suitable replacement for Birraz

Ie a replacement who is undisputed No1 not what we have now. 2 No2s it would appear

plague
26-06-2016, 09:59 PM
Any of you idiots thinking BK is going to improve us or cost us one position on the ladder next season obviously haven't been watching the tripe the Jets have dished up for the past few years.

plague
26-06-2016, 10:03 PM
FYI Wanderers made the GF with Andrew Redmayne and Liam Reddy.

We came 7th with arguably the best keeper in the comp.

But anyway carry on etc etc.

Tommyjet
27-06-2016, 06:26 AM

Exactly! Im far more worried what happens with the other 10 on the pitch then which muppet we have in goals.

Grimario
27-06-2016, 09:53 AM

No one wants rational discussion here, plague.

DUNCAN WILL BE BETTER BECAUSE HIS HAIR ISN'T AS SHIT (PLUS HE DIVES)

That's the kind of thing we are talking about.

StannyCFCJET
27-06-2016, 11:21 AM
Exactly! Im far more worried what happens with the other 10 on the pitch then which muppet we have in goals.

^^^This 100% our GKs cant do much if our defence is conceding shots every 30 seconds or so. Our team this year needs to close down opposition much more effectively so BK or Duncan arnt tested as much as Birraz was

hawk
27-06-2016, 01:05 PM
yeah, keepers, who needs 'em

Reddy will turn a win into a loss pretty easily. So did that greaser from sydney this year.

plague
13-07-2016, 09:35 AM
Now that Duncan is only mere months away from rightfully claiming the #1 jersey, is BK able to play youth or do we transition him to a replacement left back?

MFKS
13-07-2016, 09:44 AM
Now that Duncan is only mere months away from rightfully claiming the #1 jersey, is BK able to play youth or do we transition him to a replacement left back?

Send him in for state of the art surgery.

Install pillows into his buttocks.

Don't want him getting bruising to his arse cheeks on the bench with an RSI type condition

Jetmaster
13-07-2016, 02:41 PM

BK is the only goalkeeper in the country, apart from Bozza, to score for the Socceroos. Put him up front!

(Note - this did happen in a possibles v probables training run in 2008 but someone saw potential)

hawk
13-07-2016, 06:27 PM
does BK love to have a beer with Dunc?

boz-monaut
15-07-2016, 06:03 PM
so it looks like he's off to Swansea

http://www.espnfc.com.au/swansea-city/story/2913011/swansea-set-to-sign-australian-goalkeeper-mark-birighitti-sources

I think they mean the Swansea in Wales (the country near Britain, not them fish), and not the one on the Central Coast

The Camel
15-07-2016, 06:14 PM

http://www.espnfc.com.au/swansea-city/story/2913011/swansea-set-to-sign-australian-goalkeeper-mark-birighitti-sources

I think they mean the Swansea in Wales (the country near Britain, not them fish), and not the one on the Central Coast

Swansea is NOT on the Central Coast. Newcastle territory. ****ing no way part of that Gypo region

boz-monaut
15-07-2016, 06:39 PM
http://www.cclhd.health.nsw.gov.au/PublishingImages/CCLHD700.png

MFKS
15-07-2016, 06:41 PM
Swansea is NOT on the Central Coast. Newcastle territory. ****ing no way part of that Gypo region

You seen some of the freaks down Caves Beach Swansea way??

They can have it.

Even the government recognises it. Why the **** won't they put in a decent bridge down there??
To save Newy from the Gypos invading

The Camel
15-07-2016, 06:46 PM
http://www.cclhd.health.nsw.gov.au/PublishingImages/CCLHD700.png

That map is incorrect. Serviced by Hunter New England health. Hunter Water and Lake Macquarie Council. Gypo coast has nothing to do with that area and you won't find many if any Gypo fans

plague
15-07-2016, 06:53 PM
That map is incorrect. Serviced by Hunter New England health. Hunter Water and Lake Macquarie Council. Gypo coast has nothing to do with that area and you won't find many if any Gypo fans

Member and Boz are correct.
Swansea is gypo country.
That's why there is a bridge that opens and closes.

And one day we'll learn how to keep the bastard up.

baldrick
15-07-2016, 08:17 PM

And then loaned to Melbourne City..

plague
15-07-2016, 09:22 PM
Mods pls change thread title to "Biraz v Fabianski".

Cheers.

pv4
15-07-2016, 10:08 PM
Mods pls change thread title to "Biraz v Fabianski".

Cheers.

BK vs not Fabianski

Frodo
15-07-2016, 10:19 PM
Can we at least call him by his full name.

Lucasz Flappyhandski.

pv4
16-07-2016, 07:33 AM
Can we at least call him by his full name.

Lucasz Flappyhandski.

Never forget the FA Cup m8

Jetmaster
16-07-2016, 04:07 PM
Member and Boz are correct.
Swansea is gypo country.
That's why there is a bridge that opens and closes.

And one day we'll learn how to keep the bastard up.

Agree - when GVE signed up the second time he said once he crossed the Swansea Channel he felt he was back at home.

Ergo, Swansea is Gypo soiled.

RAM
18-07-2016, 11:30 AM
Agree - when GVE signed up the second time he said once he crossed the Swansea Channel he felt he was back at home.

Ergo, Swansea is Gypo soiled.

No way. Chain Valley Bay/ Mannering Park/ Wyong/ Toukley are the start of Gypo country.

MFKS
19-07-2016, 09:31 AM
So it's official Birraz to EPL side Swansea

Birraz the undisputed champion in the battle with BK

Safe to say we will never see BK sign for an EPL club
Be lucky to get picked up by a NPL side

Now on to Duncan V BK

Go Jack

plague
19-07-2016, 10:10 AM
Do they take shots from 40yards in the EPL?

Hashtagaskingforafriend

Jeterpool
19-07-2016, 10:21 AM
Good luck to Birraz. I think he mentally matured last season from the player who we saw in previous years.

It's going to be a big challenge to replace Fabianski but he will hopefully get Cup games.

RAM
19-07-2016, 10:45 AM
Do they take shots from 40yards in the EPL?

Hashtagaskingforafriend

:rof:

I wonder if they hit many crosses as well?

plague
19-07-2016, 11:36 AM
Member has it so good this year whenever Biraz lets one in from 40 yards he'll be all like "BHAH I DIDNT SEE IT I DONT HAVE OPTUS BHUH BERGURRR".

Bloke has the system all worked out.
Hail Member.

MFKS
19-07-2016, 11:46 AM
Member has it so good this year whenever Biraz lets one in from 40 yards he'll be all like "BHAH I DIDNT SEE IT I DONT HAVE OPTUS BHUH BERGURRR".

Bloke has the system all worked out.
Hail Member.

I doubt he be playing at all in the EPL

Can see him off on loan to a lower league club to work on his game.

His ability on crosses and love for punching the ball are gonna need some work

The Camel
19-07-2016, 11:51 AM
So it's official Birraz to EPL side Swansea

Birraz the undisputed champion in the battle with BK

Safe to say we will never see BK sign for an EPL club
Be lucky to get picked up by a NPL side

Now on to Duncan V BK

Go Jack

Agree member. Danny Ireland in the NPL IMO is a superior GK to BK. I fear for us this year, especially with Mullen and Boogs loving giving away free kicks around the box. Old 'stand still and watch the ball fly past' BK better hope not many are on target.

RAM
19-07-2016, 03:21 PM
Agree member. Danny Ireland in the NPL IMO is a superior GK to BK. I fear for us this year, especially with Mullen and Boogs loving giving away free kicks around the box. Old 'stand still and watch the ball fly past' BK better hope not many are on target.

No point diving for the cameras if you aren't getting to it, better to wait for scraps if it hits the post....

Jetmaster
19-07-2016, 06:17 PM
Birraz has disappeared into the Twilight Zone and we won't hear from him for a while.

Close thread.

Bon
20-07-2016, 09:50 AM
Birraz has disappeared into the Twilight Zone and we won't hear from him for a while.

Close thread.

Probably see him in a years time playing for Perth..

RAM
21-07-2016, 12:39 PM
Probably see him in a years time playing for Perth..

On loan next season.

skullboy
03-08-2016, 08:57 PM
FMD BK. This thread isn't going anywhere- only the name needs to change.

steve136
03-08-2016, 09:11 PM
Guy would be a phenomenal rugby player. Finds the sideline with every kick.

MFKS
03-08-2016, 09:18 PM
How good was his effort on that Free Kick he somehow managed to turn on to the bar.
A routine ****ing catch nearly found the back of the ****ing net.

Bring Duncan on

FFS

borat
03-08-2016, 09:20 PM
That goal was typical Kennedy. Got his concrete boots on and can't command his 6 yard box leaving Berisha to nod in from 4 yards. Couldn't see who the defender was, think it was Mullen, giving him a spray for it too

steve136
03-08-2016, 09:26 PM
How good was his effort on that Free Kick he somehow managed to turn on to the bar.
A routine ****ing catch nearly found the back of the ****ing net.

Bring Duncan on

FFS

He just wanted to prove to us that he does in fact dive sometimes.

OmeletteDuFromage
03-08-2016, 10:15 PM
what is this clown doing

Thomas477
03-08-2016, 10:24 PM
Plz come back Birraz

belchardo
03-08-2016, 10:29 PM
Doing better than galekovic.

No love for the tip on to the post by BK? Haterz gunna hate. :popcorn:

Grimario
03-08-2016, 10:30 PM
You mean the one where he had a simple catch that he ****ed up and got lucky it hit the post?

belchardo
03-08-2016, 10:36 PM
You mean the one where he had a simple catch that he ****ed up and got lucky it hit the post?

Don't know to be honest. Saw a 2 second replay at half time in the red derby.

Only saw a 2 second replay for the penalty too, but thought it was soft.

MFKS
03-08-2016, 11:15 PM
Don't know to be honest. Saw a 2 second replay at half time in the red derby.

Only saw a 2 second replay for the penalty too, but thought it was soft.

I had the side on view of it.

It was a comfortable catch.

He got caught out on it and struggled to even get something on it.

It was fortunate it didn't go straight in without being touched

It was fortunate he didn't palm it into the net.

Everything about it was fortunate

In some regards it was a shame it didn't go in

The Bk free kick thread could be resurrected and be going gangbusters if it had of

Jetmaster
04-08-2016, 09:21 AM
Ah - nice to come back to this thread. I gave BK a 6 on the night.

First goal, could probably have attacked but difficult with a flat cross. Critics should view the serial errors by "Wundabirraz" whenever the ball only floated into the 6 yard box (enough to make a Yewtube vid and the major fault he has to rectify in England to succeed).

Distribution and tip on the bar in the first half? That wind was feral - not only strong but circular and intermittent. You do realise Thomas kicked the thing out on a number of occasions in the second half and also struggled with his positioning?

There are three or four usual suspects on here who will bump this thread as soon as BK as much as farts on the field - gonna be a long season!

Grimario
04-08-2016, 09:30 AM
Nah, only 27 games.

MFKS
04-08-2016, 09:30 AM
IU Thomas kicked two off the pitch from memory

Both of them were horrible strikes of the ball and weather conditions or not probably would have went out anyway

BK kept pinging them out because he was trying to lob them 5yards from the sideline instead of hitting the thing more central like someone with intelligence would do

As for the free kick he put onto the bar.
If that had of went in then it would have been a dark day for BK Fanbois
Reality is he created the problem needlessly with that and it was only fortunate that it hit the bar and the BK free kick thread isn't red hot

Wind or no wind wasn't the issue here. BK ****ed it up and got lucky

plague
04-08-2016, 10:17 AM
Do you think the coach is instructing the keepers to hit sidelines every time?
Even last year with Biraz it seemed instructions were to go that way (Biraz 'seemed' to have much more success with it but until I get the stat it's not real).

Now if that's the task and BK can't hit his man coach needs to find someone who can or alter his tactics.

Roundball Enthusiast
04-08-2016, 10:23 AM
Do you think the coach is instructing the keepers to hit sidelines every time?
Even last year with Biraz it seemed instructions were to go that way (Biraz 'seemed' to have much more success with it but until I get the stat it's not real).

Now if that's the task and BK can't hit his man coach needs to find someone who can or alter his tactics.

Given how small we are across the park, it would make sense not to put it in the middle of the park. Seemed like it was a tactic to hit the sidelines. Tough in the weather, but I thought he did reasonably well with his distribution.

Still scared the f%&k out of me every time the ball went near him, or the box though.

GazFish35
04-08-2016, 02:16 PM

First goal, could probably have attacked but difficult with a flat cross. Critics should view the serial errors by "Wundabirraz" whenever the ball only floated into the 6 yard box (enough to make a Yewtube vid and the major fault he has to rectify in England to succeed).

Distribution and tip on the bar in the first half? That wind was feral - not only strong but circular and intermittent. You do realise Thomas kicked the thing out on a number of occasions in the second half and also struggled with his positioning?

There are three or four usual suspects on here who will bump this thread as soon as BK as much as farts on the field - gonna be a long season!

this.

he was lucky on that free kick - the wind was horrid and he probably should have been closer to his line to be on the safe side.

but hey, many reckon Miller's comments about good stuff don't matter and all that matters is the result - well the result of that free kick was that it didn't go in.

thought is was pretty clear he under instruction to hit the wide men, it looked very much like that was the play in the shape drills I watched at training - though he hit his man pretty well given he conditions..... if you've got issues with him hitting his man, id being aiming your evil thoughts at he bloke giving the instruction.

halo se7en
04-08-2016, 02:55 PM
this.

he was lucky on that free kick - the wind was horrid and he probably should have been closer to his line to be on the safe side.

but hey, many reckon Miller's comments about good stuff don't matter and all that matters is the result - well the result of that free kick was that it didn't go in.

thought is was pretty clear he under instruction to hit the wide men, it looked very much like that was the play in the shape drills I watched at training - though he hit his man pretty well given he conditions..... if you've got issues with him hitting his man, id being aiming your evil thoughts at he bloke giving the instruction.

The plan isn't that bad in theory. Without a tall presence in the centre, aim for the wings. If MV win the header they possibly head it out. If they head it to their own bloke we squeeze them. If it goes out, we press on the throw in. If we can win the header, we try flick it on down the line. Booting the ball into the centre of the field is usually a 50-50 anyway, and if the opposition win that header they can potentially be straight back on the attack.

I don't mind if the ball flirts with the sideline just up on halfway. If he hooks the thing into the crowd by a mile closer to the 18, that's a problem.

borat
04-08-2016, 03:05 PM

And the 3rd goal? What do you give BK for that?

Off a jets free Kanta passes the ball infield and the ball casually rolls in between Mullen, with his back to it, and BK with neither making any effort to make an attempt to get to it. I give BK the lions share of the blame here for not saying a word. He is the Keeper, even if he thought it was Mullen's ball where was his voice......

I would give BK a 4 and that is being kind.

1st goal is nodded in from 4-5 yards out, dead centre. All he had to do was take 2 steps and punch it out. Which is clearly what Mullen thought judging by the spray he gave him for it.

Jetmaster
04-08-2016, 04:41 PM
And the 3rd goal? What do you give BK for that?

Off a jets free Kanta passes the ball infield and the ball casually rolls in between Mullen, with his back to it, and BK with neither making any effort to make an attempt to get to it. I give BK the lions share of the blame here for not saying a word. He is the Keeper, even if he thought it was Mullen's ball where was his voice......

I would give BK a 4 and that is being kind.

1st goal is nodded in from 4-5 yards out, dead centre. All he had to do was take 2 steps and punch it out. Which is clearly what Mullen thought judging by the spray he gave him for it.

Again I reiterate what Fishy and others have said previously - no problems that if BK makes a mistake he is accountable, but why ignore others making the same mistakes and go into manic mode to lambast only BK ?

I think a little bit of natural justice is all I'm expecting.

There is one particular BK hater here who defended Birraz after his halfway howler by saying "geez we all make mistakes".....ah well.

And I still haven't seen the 3rd goal - was too busy watching the Adelaide game on Foxtel Go! I only heard the groans as it went in.

borat
04-08-2016, 06:48 PM
Again I reiterate what Fishy and others have said previously - no problems that if BK makes a mistake he is accountable, but why ignore others making the same mistakes and go into manic mode to lambast only BK ?

I think a little bit of natural justice is all I'm expecting.

There is one particular BK hater here who defended Birraz after his halfway howler by saying "geez we all make mistakes".....ah well.

And I still haven't seen the 3rd goal - was too busy watching the Adelaide game on Foxtel Go! I only heard the groans as it went in.
I have never been interested in the goalkeeper wars that go on here, but there is no disguising BK had an ordinary game, in what was admittedly difficult conditions.

If it was a defender playing a key role for two goals I would be giving it to them just as much.

Captain Irrelevant
05-08-2016, 03:23 PM
Buffon would have saved both

GazFish35
13-08-2016, 06:29 PM
BK must be shit. Letting two in this arvo.
So bad.

steve136
13-08-2016, 06:31 PM
So bad.

He didn't even dive for either of them.

the_butcher
13-08-2016, 07:04 PM
So bad.

I only come on the foz once a year and every time I do, you're still talking the same jazz. Just accept him gazza, he stinks!

GazFish35
13-08-2016, 07:21 PM
I only come on the foz once a year and every time I do, you're still talking the same jazz. Just accept him gazza, he stinks!

Oh I've come to the dark side.
It's so easy here.

Jetmaster
13-08-2016, 11:02 PM
So...is Flappashitti playing this weekend?

hawk
14-08-2016, 10:30 AM
So...is Flappashitti playing this weekend?

he's not playing at jets = winner

BK also winner cause he has "forced" other keepers out

Couscous
30-08-2016, 02:48 PM
Why don't we sell BK to Whowin? A win for everyone. The Whowin keeper was atrocious.

Grimario
30-08-2016, 03:06 PM
Why don't we sell BK to Whowin? A win for everyone. The Whowin keeper was atrocious.

That was the Whowin 2nd or 3rd choice GK. He hasn't played a league game in 5 years.
Their two goal scorers - one a defender who is near 40 and hasn't started a game since 2014 (only played 5 mins in 2015) and a striker who has never scored a goal in the league.

Pretty sure Whowin put out the Whocares squad.

halo se7en
31-08-2016, 07:20 AM
That was the Whowin 2nd or 3rd choice GK. He hasn't played a league game in 5 years.
Their two goal scorers - one a defender who is near 40 and hasn't started a game since 2014 (only played 5 mins in 2015) and a striker who has never scored a goal in the league.

Pretty sure Whowin put out the Whocares squad.

Yeah but isn't it only the scoreboard that counts? We're not allowed to take into account opposition players when assessing a game... at least that's what I remember from the MV loss.

Jetmaster
31-08-2016, 08:59 AM
What a win...spanking Perth 7-0 and killing all those demons against the previous leaders. Hat trick for the Kock and doubles for both Brown and Nobby, what great recruiting from Jets management. Never doubted Miller for a second! Working with Ledman and Lawrie there seems to be a real plan now to be the best in Asia. No wonder Bayern Munich want to talk to Millertime. The midfield is buzzing with the Chinese influence and what a gem Ugar is - we'll make a fortune when he moves to Europe.

The back four is now rock solid and BK continues to amaze following his Socceroo call up last week. Fantastic crowd of 23,000 and the estimated 4000 Squadron members behind the goal looked great in their new Jets shaped hats (thanks Lawrie).....and it is so much more fun now the full strength beer is back!

Finally, a word on entertainment - a great idea to drive Griff around in the mayoral Griffmobile with the man himself dispensing dry undies to the ladies after Tara's accident interviewing him on Shootout, great PA.
I must admit I was wrong, what a club we have become over the last 18 months. I love this club and I love you guys on the foz.

MFKS

Then I woke up.......:rof:

lquiquer
31-08-2016, 09:04 AM
Yeah but isn't it only the scoreboard that counts?

God damn right mate

Bon
31-08-2016, 09:29 AM
Then I woke up.......:rof:

:lulzturtle:
Brilliant..