PDA

View Full Version : The endless (and probably pointless) GK debate thread.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

The Dunster
15-01-2018, 09:11 AM
Unlucky for Duncan but the spot is Moss's to lose.

Duncan left his last club because he wasn't first choice. It will be interesting to see what happens here the longer Moss stays fit.

Based on recent form though I'd say Moss is playing the best football of his career - he's been outstanding.

Grimario
20-01-2018, 06:17 PM
Clearly Moss is the answer to this one.

MFKS
20-01-2018, 06:34 PM
On another note which I find bizarre why are our Aussie keepers so shit dealing with aerial balls ??

Take Duncan's efforts at the 2 goals today. You see keepers struggle with these things across the country

Why??

With our culture of backyard cricket AFL kicking a league ball about etc catching should be a thing the rank and file Aussie male is adapt at

Why the **** are we constantly producing keepers who are piss weak in the air ??

The Dunster
20-01-2018, 06:40 PM
Mods please change thread name to "Duncan Out and take Boogs with you".

plague
20-01-2018, 08:35 PM
Mods please change thread name to "Duncan Out and take Boogs with you".

nah change thread title to "Duncan vs BK WHO YA GOT?????"

Jetmaster
20-01-2018, 08:52 PM
BK showing what we are missing if he keeps a clean sheet tonight.

plague
26-01-2018, 11:00 AM
So who was better in the air.

Duncan or Biraz?

Jetmaster
26-01-2018, 12:00 PM
So who was better in the air.

Duncan or Biraz?

My brain will be too pickled to even contemplate that today.

That is chicken or the egg stuff.

Jeterpool
31-07-2018, 11:52 AM
bump

MFKS
31-07-2018, 02:29 PM
Hello Boys

About ****ing time

Jetmaster
31-07-2018, 02:32 PM
Bring em both home now.

baldrick
01-08-2018, 06:47 PM
What's Tando Velaphi up to these days ?

Of course I'm joking ��

MFKS
04-11-2018, 06:20 PM
Id you want a good giggle check out Goodwins freekick at Coast away for the Pissants just now

BK and free kicks strike again

belchardo
10-11-2018, 08:21 PM
moss seems to be making a habit of making silly mistakes.

Hunter403
10-11-2018, 10:16 PM
Moss + BK < Duncan

MFKS
10-11-2018, 10:47 PM
Seriously how is Moss the best option that we can come up with as No1??

That was pathetic that effort tonight to keep out Brisques effort

Feeble

Couscous
08-12-2018, 01:58 PM
Moss > BK

Bon
06-02-2019, 02:34 PM
On a more positive note for one of our ex-keepers, seems Duncs is doing alright:

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/would-be-socceroo-duncan-joins-williams-in-extending-saudi-stint

plague
06-02-2019, 03:18 PM
On a more positive note for one of our ex-keepers, seems Duncs is doing alright:

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/would-be-socceroo-duncan-joins-williams-in-extending-saudi-stint

most important point here is that some good soldier has 'had a word' and hes gone off and fixed his problem.

Corey Brown needs friends like Jack Duncans friends.

plague
18-03-2019, 01:32 PM
Yo.

MFKS
18-03-2019, 04:53 PM
Yo.

**** ****ing dived for the penalty save too

But he was at fault for Vargas goal

Who the **** parries that ball in from Boogaard where he did ??

plague
18-03-2019, 05:03 PM

i appreciate your ability to get straight back into 5th gear when you see a dormant thread spring to life.

go get em tiger.

Jetmaster
18-03-2019, 07:05 PM
Forza BK...forever pillaged but keeps coming back.

Was in the very first A-League squad in the very first game. Must be doing something right.

StannyCFCJET
18-03-2019, 07:19 PM
He was our hero in the stubbins season. Always gets my love for that

plague
18-03-2019, 07:40 PM
Considering BK has been retired for a few seasons now, the fact he still gets brought up in this thread tells you all you need to know about his awesomeness.

meanwhile Biraz remains all kind of fazed on his ass riding the pine.

turbojetfireV8
18-03-2019, 08:19 PM

what is this gypo talk? you're starting to sound like those circlejerking gypo supporters who have been panning our Newy legend BK even though he's never played for their shitty gypo club (as Plague rightly pointed out the real BK retired a few seasons back and became a hermit, moved up the coast I believe)

evolution
30-07-2019, 11:10 AM
Birraz (possibly) to CCM... hope he still isn't phased.

Sauce: https://dailyfootballshow.com/mark-birighitti-to-depart-melbourne-city/?fbclid=IwAR0QsLxqlc-BcrlPRpwGaqAtt6YcZd07gnsZUWuuvSESey6SJHWXOnJWpSU

plague
30-07-2019, 01:05 PM
Birraz (possibly) to CCM... hope he still isn't phased.

Sauce: https://dailyfootballshow.com/mark-birighitti-to-depart-melbourne-city/?fbclid=IwAR0QsLxqlc-BcrlPRpwGaqAtt6YcZd07gnsZUWuuvSESey6SJHWXOnJWpSU

oh please let it be true!!!

at least it would settle this thread once and for all .

All those Biraz fanbois would be supporting a gypo so they should be banned immediately.

At least BK would never do that.

Forza BK.

Thomas477
01-08-2019, 05:32 PM
Long live BK.

Was always a fan of the big man, he was clearly the best keeper we’ve had.

Jetmaster
02-08-2019, 01:28 PM
There is a simple reason I have a soft spot for BK.

Sure he didn't have the amazing talent, didn't look right and could be mistake prone, but he made the most of what he had and got game time out of it, including a few stints at No1.

He knew he was copping it from the haters - never complained, never sooked, never had airs or graces of wanting to be a superstar or going overseas.

Trained hard to be the best he could and was already ready to come on and do his best for the shirt.

Hope he does well for Lambton Griffiths.

The Hacker
28-08-2019, 10:14 PM
Traitor

MFKS
16-12-2019, 01:18 PM
Think it time we invested in a new keeper

Moss can't deal with crosses and is costing us goals

The 2nd and 3rd last night were scandalous

Why in ****sname do we persist playing a HAL standard no 2 keeper as our Number 1??

The bloke is bench material back up standard

turbojetfireV8
16-12-2019, 07:59 PM
Think it time we invested in a new keeper

Moss can't deal with crosses and is costing us goals

The 2nd and 3rd last night were scandalous

Why in ****sname do we persist playing a HAL standard no 2 keeper as our Number 1??

The bloke is bench material back up standard

Re-sign BK, problem solved... But in the meantime, I'd rather see Moss in goals than Italiano, as much as Moss has his issues, Lewis just isn't a first string keeper (yet, if ever), we'd've been better to take that muppet Birraz back...

MFKS
16-12-2019, 09:13 PM
Re-sign BK, problem solved... But in the meantime, I'd rather see Moss in goals than Italiano, as much as Moss has his issues, Lewis just isn't a first string keeper (yet, if ever), we'd've been better to take that muppet Birraz back...

I agree both of our keepers are 2nd stringers

I remember when we were really shit our keepers at least made some saves and kept us in some games
So much so our keeper was our player of the year

Yesterday said plenty
Moss kept **** all out and made a couple of shockers

The City keeper saved a few and kept a clean sheet and was one of their better players

We need a keeper making **** all mistakes and saving our arse if we play the way we do in front of goal missing chances galore

plague
16-12-2019, 09:22 PM
you shit fans dont deserve BK back.

Captain Obvious
21-12-2019, 08:56 PM
We are conceding a lot of goals at the moment.

StannyCFCJET
22-12-2019, 12:09 PM
Moss is apart of Merricks boys club

Frodo
22-12-2019, 12:55 PM
Moss is apart of Merricks boys club

I mean, if we had a decent backup this would make sense. But Italiano isn't exactly of world class/BK standard is he?

plague
22-12-2019, 12:57 PM
put jetman in there.
his work at halftime is top notch.

plague
22-12-2019, 12:57 PM
Modz please change thread title to BK vs Biraz v Jetman

ta,
Plague.

Jetmaster
22-12-2019, 01:52 PM
put jetman in there.
his work at halftime is top notch.

The old Jetman was even better that the new PC one.

StannyCFCJET
22-12-2019, 05:51 PM
I mean, if we had a decent backup this would make sense. But Italiano isn't exactly of world class/BK standard is he?
Still he deserves a game after the form of moss

Jetmaster
22-12-2019, 07:13 PM
Just saw Birraz not dive again!

evolution
08-05-2020, 04:49 PM
Birraz to the Bulls

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/birighitti-ready-to-saddle-up-for-bulls

furns
09-05-2020, 06:12 PM
I would have taken him back, but oh well
Wonder if he'll be phased at this new club?

Jeterpool
09-05-2020, 07:49 PM
I would have taken him back, but oh well
Wonder if he'll be phased at this new club?

Perhaps if they get phased out.

Jetmaster
10-05-2020, 10:23 AM
Won't come back....going after Liam Reddy's record.

evolution
30-07-2020, 02:23 PM
Federici has signed for Macarthur - more than likely means Birraz will stay with the Gypos.

So, who do you think we will sign to partner with Italiano? The Jetstream chat with Lawrie the other day indicated that we'll be signing an experience keeper. Would say maybe Bouzanis as City have released him, but I think he'd be inclinded to head to England to be with his missus.

Jeterpool
30-07-2020, 02:44 PM
Federici has signed for Macarthur - more than likely means Birraz will stay with the Gypos.

So, who do you think we will sign to partner with Italiano? The Jetstream chat with Lawrie the other day indicated that we'll be signing an experience keeper. Would say maybe Bouzanis as City have released him, but I think he'd be inclinded to head to England to be with his missus.

I think that's where he'd be inclined to head as well.

Didn't Birraz actually sign for Macarthur?? I thought he had.

evolution
30-07-2020, 04:13 PM
Didn't Birraz actually sign for Macarthur?? I thought he had.

Was reported by The World Game that he about to but nothing official has ever been released.

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/birighitti-ready-to-saddle-up-for-bulls

pv4
30-07-2020, 04:42 PM
So, who do you think we will sign to partner with Italiano? The Jetstream chat with Lawrie the other day indicated that we'll be signing an experience keeper.

I would hope we try and bring Jack Duncan back. Dude got relegated at the end of 18/19 with his Saudi club and is seemingly still there. It can't be good for his career to be playing a 2nd season of Saudi 2nd league, particularly given he is only 27.

Jeterpool
30-07-2020, 05:14 PM
I would hope we try and bring Jack Duncan back. Dude got relegated at the end of 18/19 with his Saudi club and is seemingly still there. It can't be good for his career to be playing a 2nd season of Saudi 2nd league, particularly given he is only 27.

Might be the lucrative move. Take it while he can knowing there's always going to be an A-league contract somewhere

Jetmaster
30-07-2020, 06:04 PM
Get paid $1 million a year to sit around a Saudi resort with free EPL on BeOut?

Where do I sign?

Couscous
28-04-2021, 09:45 PM
Birraz did not play well tonight.

Ghost of Plague
13-11-2021, 09:43 PM
Never too soon to dust this bad boy off.
Where BK at?

Couscous
13-11-2021, 10:12 PM
Duncan did not play well tonight.

MFKS
04-05-2022, 08:59 PM
About ****ing time

We found ourselves a keeper again

This guy is plucking every ball out of the air

We don't look as bad defensively when you got a beast in goals claiming everything

StannyCFCJET
04-05-2022, 09:04 PM
About ****ing time

We found ourselves a keeper again

This guy is plucking every ball out of the air

We don't look as bad defensively when you got a beast in goals claiming everything

Calms down our back 4 and 5 soo much. No idea how Papas had Duncan as No.1

Mark325
04-05-2022, 11:04 PM
Yeah Duncan has to be moved on if we can afford it

Dude is probably taking up way too much in wages compared to what he’s worth

Buddha
06-05-2022, 12:33 PM
Still think we should be chasing a bonafide #1. Good to have Big Mike as an option tho. Can't stress the importance of having Two 1st choice goalkeepers in your squad

Mark325
06-05-2022, 12:46 PM
Still think we should be chasing a bonafide #1. Good to have Big Mike as an option tho. Can't stress the importance of having Two 1st choice goalkeepers in your squad

I agree and disagree. There are better keepers in the league, but those keepers are also got given time to grow and become good.

I think if we don't sign another proven keeper I can accept it, as long as Weir is the starter and not Duncan

Frodo
06-05-2022, 02:30 PM
The level of GK across the league has dropped off, so I think these two are good enough. Weier looks like he has potential to be top quality too.

City are winning the league with Tom Glover in goals, he makes Duncan look like prime Kahn every other week. I think GK is the least of our worries next season.

Jetmaster
16-08-2023, 11:00 AM
*Bump*

:whistling:

anfield
16-08-2023, 06:37 PM
I don't see these guys in training like the coaches do. But Weier ended the season well and deserved the number 1 spot over Duncan.

Weier deserves to keep the spot In my opinion. These things are quite bizarre and frustrating for us supporters, so It must be extremely difficult for players like Weier.

StannyCFCJET
16-08-2023, 08:45 PM
I don't see these guys in training like the coaches do. But Weier ended the season well and deserved the number 1 spot over Duncan.

Weier deserves to keep the spot In my opinion. These things are quite bizarre and frustrating for us supporters, so It must be extremely difficult for players like Weier.

Personally neither Weier or Duncan were good enough. Weier proved last year he is nothing but a stopgap until we find a better one. I'm willing to give Scott a chance

Frodo
17-08-2023, 08:53 AM
Duncan at one point was a starting quality GK, then he flapped about for too long and was deservedly dropped. Easy to justify. He had some great saves in him but brain fades.

Weier probably isn't good enough to start anywhere else but showed enough promise to deserve the gig over Duncan at the time. He wasn't perfect but had slightly less brain fades and more command of his backline. Better on the ball than Duncan too.

Scott was a starting GK for a single season before being dropped. He is one year older than Weier. His CV alone isn't enough to earn him the starting spot so it had to be a decision based off training. All he's shown so far has been flapping and brain fades without any real ability to make saves. Looks decent with the ball at his feet at least.

So both Weier and Scott are basically backup quality GKs fighting for a starting spot who we hope to improve into starting quality. Weier has shown he isn't amazing but also better than Duncan, Scott so far has shown he's probably worse than Duncan. Hopefully they are swapped out before the regular season starts and not every few weeks like we did last year.