PDA

View Full Version : NNSW Coaching Conference - 9-10 Feb Wanderers

late_to_the_game
10-02-2013, 06:00 PM
Just a quick note to thank NNSW and David Smith and his team for organising the conference, and the Emerging Jets boys who did all the demos.

Special thanks to the volunteers from Magic who provided lunch etc over the two days.

For me the most useful part was the Fitness for Football sections - which relates to the other thread on this subject.

Lots of very experienced coaches there, starting this thread to get their opinion of what was done.

Finally, have not heard David Eland speak before, but man he sounds like a politician....

Over to you.

Mumbler
10-02-2013, 10:39 PM
The Fed can't win. They get bagged for not being proactive and helping coaches yet they do this and get shot down by you?
Agreed. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Obviously the 90 coaches, from all over NSW,that attended didn't think it was just a money spinner. The way I look at it is if you got 1 useful thing out of the 2 days then that's 1 more than you had when you came. Everyone that I spoke to was happy and thought it was worthwhile. Talk of another conference later in the year so it must have been okay.

nbnjet
10-02-2013, 10:45 PM
Finally, have not heard David Eland speak before, but man he sounds like a politician....

Over to you.

He is totally a politician, BUT I do believe the organisation have never been run better...

Zico
11-02-2013, 08:58 AM
What happened to the other posts that were in this thread?

boz-monaut
11-02-2013, 09:05 AM
they were off topic and removed

sorry, but when it descends into personal attacks and petty bickering we have to take action by removing posts and banning users

back on topic, please

Zico
11-02-2013, 10:12 AM

sorry, but when it descends into personal attacks and petty bickering we have to take action by removing posts and banning users

back on topic, please
I didn't see the posts that included the abuse so fair enough.

Mumbler
11-02-2013, 07:48 PM

back on topic, please

I don't know why you deleted mine. All I said was NNSW did a good job on the weekend. What's petty about that? And not one personal thing was said so what was wrong with it ?

boz-monaut
11-02-2013, 08:11 PM
I just saw it had a quote in it and got rid of it - now restored, please accept my apologies

Mumbler
15-02-2013, 09:33 PM
Photos and Article up on NNSW website.:wink:

Captain_Carl
19-11-2021, 09:10 AM
The more coaching conferences the better. Some of the coaches that carry a C and even a B licence now are laughable.