PDA

View Full Version : HAL 12/13 Rd 21 - Newcastle Jets vs Melbourne Heart k/off 7:30pm AEDST

Jeterpool
12-02-2013, 10:43 AM
Thread for this weeks game. Mods please feel free to add details.

Jeterpool
12-02-2013, 10:45 AM
Would be happy to see a bit of a shake up this week. I suggest

-----------------Birraz----------------------

Hoole-----Regan------Chapman-------Goodwin

--------Pepper-------Brillante---------------

Griff-----------Zads---------------Taggart

--------------Heskey---------------------

Bench - BK, Brown, Chill, Caravella

I know it's NEVER going to happen, but things aren't happeing at the moment.

Tommyjet
12-02-2013, 10:53 AM
4-3 win, Mitchell and Neville at fault for their goals, tags hatty playing off heskey + own goal to Hoffman

la bazzle
12-02-2013, 11:40 AM
Definite win

boz-monaut
12-02-2013, 11:57 AM
win by at least 4 goals

Brown, Gallaway, Mitchell and Neville to have absolute blinders and score a goal each

GVE to be humble in the post game interview, giving credit for the tactics to Deans

goaliepersempre
12-02-2013, 12:31 PM
same story 60 % possession 70% in our half 30% in hearts half... and loose... Calls will be made it was a tight game, but really we were never in it in the first place.

Grimario
12-02-2013, 12:46 PM
You missed the bit about having over 500 completed passes! Going to smash the pass statistics this week, for sure.

pudy
12-02-2013, 01:28 PM
Expecting a win here, probably 2-1.

Heart have been terrible away from home this season. Absolutely crucial we take maximum points from them.

Jetmaster
12-02-2013, 01:31 PM
Heart have not won away from Melbourne this season - we're good at ending hoodoos like that for other teams.

hawk
12-02-2013, 01:33 PM
Please dont expect a win. We can afford to let this one slide anyway, heaps of games left to crawl into 6th for an away final which we will win easily and progress. You need not worry besides takes nothin to fix a hal game.

plague
12-02-2013, 03:01 PM
I'm cheering for the possession win.
Screw the goals, possession's where it's at apparently.

Ill say Jets 56% - Heart 44%.

How many points do we get for that again?

BodyNovo
12-02-2013, 04:03 PM
corner count is where it is really at

have lost junior school tournaments on corners.

belchardo
12-02-2013, 04:48 PM
going for the foul throw count. galloway and neville, we can't lose.

Schultz
12-02-2013, 04:56 PM
Win, Mitchel mvp

parksey
12-02-2013, 05:10 PM
was really hoping Kanta would be back for this one

My2BobsWorth
12-02-2013, 05:15 PM
I'll be happy if we just-
1. Don't pass it to your mate if he has any enemy players around him
2. Get your arse onto a piece of grass that has no enemy players on it and keep moving
Better to go home a loser and pleased than.......

MFKS
12-02-2013, 05:18 PM
going for the foul throw count. galloway and neville, we can't lose.

How low must have Scotty Neville felt when he got pinged for a foul throw v WSW.
Considering Gallaway does 15 a night and never gets pinged

sh10
12-02-2013, 05:30 PM
How low must have Scotty Neville felt when he got pinged for a foul throw v WSW.
Considering Gallaway does 15 a night and never gets pinged

Bojic did the exact same thing against us and ref gave him a 2nd chance. cheating grubs those scum are, cost us the game for sure

GazFish35
12-02-2013, 06:31 PM
Ref will be bad.

stopper2
12-02-2013, 09:23 PM
We don't get at least 4 points out of the next 2 home games I reckon we will not finish higher than 8th.
Also noticed that the rest of our home games (four in total) are all on Friday evenings. Saturdays are much better options at this time of year as many teams around the region are well into the swing of pre-season training, with many probably training on Friday nights. Wouldn't be surprised if the crowds are down as a result of the clash.

Tommyjet
12-02-2013, 09:28 PM
Ref will be bad.

Sure thing in this league

zorse
12-02-2013, 10:35 PM
How many points do we get per Heskey's bitch?
Goody to score against his old club, Heskey back on the score sheet and Chapman to finally connect with one of those balls from corner & it goes in! 3 nil win, if backline don't include Regs and/or Ritter then it will be 3-1

NewcastleForLife
12-02-2013, 10:45 PM
Also noticed that the rest of our home games (four in total) are all on Friday evenings. Saturdays are much better options at this time of year as many teams around the region are well into the swing of pre-season training, with many probably training on Friday nights. Wouldn't be surprised if the crowds are down as a result of the clash.

At least that's what the Jets management will put it down to...

q-money
12-02-2013, 10:46 PM
they can't win in front of a crowd anyway, what makes you think playing in front of two men and a dog will make any difference?

Superdylan
12-02-2013, 10:49 PM
Hmm last time the heart came to Newcastle I ended up in the matar for the night and the first time we played em I ended up catching a bus to caves beach out in the freezing cold for several hours on both occasions.

I hope no weird surprises are bound on Friday night. Ohh and we will probably lose.

pv4
13-02-2013, 07:08 AM
Hmm last time the heart came to Newcastle I ended up in the matar for the night and the first time we played em I ended up catching a bus to caves beach out in the freezing cold for several hours on both occasions.

I hope no weird surprises are bound on Friday night. Ohh and we will probably lose.

i, like many, greatly anticipate your post-match review

Bon
13-02-2013, 08:03 AM
i, like many, greatly anticipate your post-match review

I'm with you there, PV4..

belchardo
13-02-2013, 08:14 AM
they're the only thing that keeps me interested in the jerks.

howardyou
13-02-2013, 01:05 PM
Bridges, Ritter, Reagan to Start. The Neviller is out.

plague
13-02-2013, 01:06 PM
Van Egmond just announced that Reegz and Ritter will start, as will Heskey, Taggart AND Bridges.
Anyone else hear this?

I still don't believe it though

EDIT: Sorry Howardyou you obvs heard it too.

sammydog
13-02-2013, 01:09 PM
Van Egmond just announced that Reegz and Ritter will start, as will Heskey, Taggart AND Bridges.
Anyone else hear this?

I still don't believe it though

EDIT: Sorry Howardyou you obvs heard it too.

Yep, heard the same, going for an attacking line up. All over the Jets twitter account.

Neville dropped, GVE quote was "good player down on confidence", funnily enough, thats how I feel about brown. Just needs some time in youth and coming off the bench.

Grimario
13-02-2013, 01:14 PM
Newcastle Jets ‏@NewcastleJetsFC
Gary van Egmond says Taggart, Regan and Ritter will start in this Friday's game against the Heart. More news to follow #JETSvMH
Chapman in doubt after training mishap yesterday, he didn't train today, but they will make decision on him tomorrow #JETSvMH
Neville isn't in squad for Friday. "He is a good player just down on confidence," van Egmond said #JETSvMH
Van Egmond also says @MickyBridges8 will start in Friday's game. "He deserves it and he is looking forward to it," the coach said.
"Going with an attacking side," van Egmond said. Be there Friday and support your Jets #JETSvMH #goJets

belchardo
13-02-2013, 01:25 PM
So none of them will start, we’ll player super-defensive and Neville will be captain

13-02-2013, 01:26 PM
The member will be pleased indeed. Bridgey to start.

MFKS
13-02-2013, 01:29 PM
the member will be pleased indeed. Bridgey to start.

ffs:banghead:

It is getting harder and harder to defend this bloke with some of the shite he comes up with.

Can some **** throw something at me when Bridges gets subbed off to wake me up on Friday night:banghead::what::redcard:

Grimario
13-02-2013, 01:32 PM
I personally hope Bridgey has a blinder, gets 3 assists and 2 goals of his own.

:lulz:

plague
13-02-2013, 01:34 PM
Does that mean Bridges #10? Taggart and Griff wide essentially playing the same 'system' or is he going to swallow his pride and change to a 4-4-2?
Is anyone suspended? Trying to work out Rubes, Goodwin, Virgilli, Brilliante, Jobe, Mitchell will all fit?

Oh wait we KILLED JOBE TO DEATH DIDN'T WE!!!!

plague
13-02-2013, 01:36 PM
ffs:banghead:

It is getting harder and harder to defend this bloke with some of the shite he comes up with.

But of course you're not gonna get angry about it coz saying nasty things about the coach is shit right?

Stay strong Member, the GVE fanclub needs your leadership now more than ever.

Grimario
13-02-2013, 01:37 PM
Birra
Gallaway - Bridges - Mitchell - Ritter
RubeZ - Zenon
Taggart - Griff - Goodwin
Heskey

Sticking with the same formation, putting Bridges in for the injured Chapo and Taggart in for Chili.

Sorted.

Jeterpool
13-02-2013, 01:38 PM
If it works, he's a genius.

Personally, i'm excited about it

q-money
13-02-2013, 01:41 PM
bridges at cb :rof:

Grimario
13-02-2013, 01:41 PM

If it works, he is a goose because it's not like there haven't been calls for the two most experienced and smartest footballers in our squad to play a game together for months and months...

How else is GVE going to get tactical tips if it isn't on here? Certainly won't be from FB because the only shit that is on there is OMFG JOBE IS SHIT HE IS A CRAP FOOTBALLER I HAVE SEEN AIDS RIDDEN AFRICANS BETTER THAN HIM OMFG I HOPE HE DIES and there is no way GVE would listen to stuff like that and get rid of one of our better local products.

OH.

Feck.

BodyNovo
13-02-2013, 01:42 PM
Cue to biggest attendance of the season and bridges tapas bars lowest sales

You just know all these things he has said are blatant tricks to confuse Aloisi and melbourne heart.

Jesic to start.

Grimario
13-02-2013, 01:42 PM
bridges at cb :rof:

It works. Probably about the same speed as Tiago was or Mitchell is but infinitely better with the ball at his feet. Deadset genius from me.

Grimario
13-02-2013, 01:44 PM
Oh lord. One of the comments on FB is actually "Who is the other guy???".

Bridges, man of the... err, people?

BodyNovo
13-02-2013, 01:46 PM
http://static.lifeislocal.com.au/multimedia/images/full/1218843.jpg

cue this after more than 25 minutes.

Grimario
13-02-2013, 01:49 PM

Nah, far too happy. Definitely this one.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b214/Grimario/1218843_zpsf88925ea.jpg

plague
13-02-2013, 01:49 PM

and I've got a feeling he'll let us know about it too........

13-02-2013, 01:57 PM

This and also the thought of Bridgey scoring a brace and the member having to be humble about it has me also very excited.

Bon
13-02-2013, 02:03 PM
Nah, far too happy. Definitely this one.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b214/Grimario/1218843_zpsf88925ea.jpg

Hahahahahaha.. Brilliant work there..

NewcastleForLife
13-02-2013, 03:18 PM
So gary won't change his formation so we've gotta presume he won't bring Brown back in and will play Bridges as #10. Griff and Taggart to play wingers to Heskey. Goodwin and Virgili bench.
Or Ritter to partner Regan in CB and Goodwin LB.
No ****ing clue tbh, impossible to predict the genius of Van God.

Grimario
13-02-2013, 03:27 PM
Or Ritter to partner Regan in CB and Goodwin LB.
Nah, Ritter on Twitter says he will be playing FB.

belchardo
13-02-2013, 03:35 PM
would have thought straight swap Ritter for Neville, Regan for Mitchell. however, Regan would presumably come in for Chapman if he doesn't play, with Mitchell staying on the field.

NewcastleForLife
13-02-2013, 03:35 PM
Nah, Ritter on Twitter says he will be playing FB.

Then I hope Chapman recovers in time so he drops Mitchell. Unless that's why he's named Regan ahead of time...

Grimario
13-02-2013, 03:38 PM
would have thought straight swap Ritter for Neville, Regan for Mitchell. however, Regan would presumably come in for Chapman if he doesn't play, with Mitchell staying on the field.

Ritter for Neville with Gallaway moving to the right, for sure. And Regz for Chapman if he is injured or in for Mitchell if he isn't. Still reckon it will be Regan and Bridges at the back so he can keep Goodwin, Griff, Heskey, Taggart up front.

Or better yet, Ritter and Regz in the middle, Gallaway on the right and Taggart as a wingback. That would be pure GVE that one.

My2BobsWorth
13-02-2013, 03:49 PM
Bridgey doesn't defend, he attacks. Will be standing with shield in left hand, sword in right, waiting for the whistle.:blush:

sammydog
13-02-2013, 04:22 PM
Some of GVE's comments on the selections http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/newcastlejets/news-display/Jets-name-20man-squad/60741

The Newcastle Jets have named a 20-man squad for their Round 21 clash with Melbourne Heart at Hunter Stadium on Friday night.

Coach Gary van Egmond confirmed Michael Bridges, Adam Taggart, Dominik Ritter and Taylor Regan will all start the game.

Bridges will play in the forward line alongside former England international Emile Heskey for the first time since the ex-Liverpool striker joined the Jets.

“I’m going to start Bridgey and he and Emile will start together,” van Egmond said.

“I think it’s good because there are a number of people who would love to see it and Bridgey deserves it.

“He deserves his opportunity to be there because maybe other players haven’t done as well as we might have liked.

“He gives you that experience and he can put his foot on the ball when necessary.

“I know he’s really looking forward to it and for the public, which would love to see two ex-Premier League players playing together, I just hope a big crowd gets out there and really supports them.”

Another addition to a re-vamped Jets forward line will be Young Socceroo Adam Taggart, who impressed many with his impact off the bench against western Sydney Wanderers last weekend.

“Adam will definitely start. We need more people in that front third who have better instincts in the box to score and he definitely brings that to our team,” van Egmond said.

“He’s always a threat to score a goal and I’ve felt that we haven’t had that much of a threat.

“I think both Craig Goodwin and James Virgili have been really good this year, they’ve done some great things, but their instincts inside the box which probably let them down a little bit.

“Both Craig and James are more out and out wingers if you like. When the likes of Adam and Ryan play in the wide areas, they tend to tuck-in.

“They have good instincts coming inside where as Craig and James are more players who are looking to take people on in that wide area and get crosses in.”

Changes to the Jets’ backline are also expected with Connor Chapman in doubt following a training mishap on Tuesday and Scott Neville being omitted from the squad.

“We need to have a look at Connor for tomorrow. He didn’t train today, so we’ll take that on face value tomorrow,” van Egmond said.

“Dom (Ritter) will start, he came through the youth team game well and Taylor Regan will start as well. Both of those players will come into the line-up.

“Taylor will start because I think Connor will be more so used off the bench if anything, depending on how he pulls up tomorrow.”

Van Egmond said he had spoken to Neville about the reasons for not including him in the squad.

“I had a good chat to Scott. He’s a really good kid and he’s a really good player but he’s just feeling a bit of pressure and feeling he’s down on confidence,” van Egmond said.

“Once you start feeling like that it’s like you’re trying to hide from the ball, you shirk responsibility and you over think things.

“He just needs a bit of time to start enjoying the game again and start enjoying training again.”

Newcastle Jets squad:
1. Ben Kennedy (gk), 3. Zenon Caravella, 4. Josh Mitchell, 5. Dominik Ritter, 7. James Brown, 8. Ruben Zadkovich (c), 9. Emile Heskey, 11. Connor Chapman, 12. Josh Brillante, 13. Sam Gallaway, 14. Taylor Regan, 15. Craig Goodwin, 17. James Virgili, 18. Jacob Pepper, 19. Michael Bridges, 20. Mark Birighitti (gk), 22. Adam Taggart, 23. Ryan Griffiths, 25. Mitch Cooper, 26. Andrew Hoole.

Ins: James Brown, Dominik Ritter
Outs: Scott Neville
Unavailable: Ben Kantarovski (knee/season)

Buddha
13-02-2013, 04:25 PM
im lowering my expectations so that anything above a 3-0 loss is exceeding them.

MFKS
13-02-2013, 04:34 PM
But of course you're not gonna get angry about it coz saying nasty things about the coach is shit right?

Stay strong Member, the GVE fanclub needs your leadership now more than ever.

Since when have I been leader of the GVE fan club??

I am on record here saying I didn't agree with GVE's 2nd appointment as it would be an total dogs breakfast with far too many knives poised to stab him in the back as soon as things didn't go well.

I am more a fan of the stability approach and I don't see how sacking the bloke will achieve much long term. We are making small improvments and will be beter placed next season. We do need to make some signings of note and see some more development of our younger players to continue to step up. Ridding ourselves of Jesic/Jobe/Tiago/Bridges/ Ribero/Ritter??? should free up some some funds to signs some experienced players

Also need the return to form of Kanta/Brown etc

How do I rate his performance this season. Quite frankly not good enough and things need to improve. The manager hasn't got the most out of his foreign contingent and our paterns of play need to improve.

Many things he does baffle the shit out of me and I don't agree with. I don't choose to vent like some do here on the subject that often

One thing I will say about our squad is that they don't give up. Everyweek they aim up and have a go. Most of the time they are found to be not good enough but they are still trying. This to me indicates the tales of mass unrest in the squad are mostly a crock of shite. They are also prone to some massive errors that have cost us bad. Unfortunately the case with a young inexperienced playing group.

As for blokes criticiseing the manager with 7 mins to go on Staurday night I find it poor form. There was still enough time in the game for the Gypos to lose 2 GF's and be well on their way to losing a 3rd. Bagging the manager out with their still being time to salvage something is in MY EYES poor form. Get behind the team with a Cmon Newcastle chant etc and see if we can inspire the boys rather than flatten them. We nearly pulled something out of the fire on Saturday night and I woukld rather be seeing our fans getting behind the lads 110% when 2-0 down not starting to let petty agendas come to the fore

Bitch at the manager all you like on FB and the Foz but leave it out on game day.

PS Also I refuse to be part of any intitiative that will bring Craig Deans closer to the Stade de Newy Hotseat.

Shame on the blokes who do :redcard:

zorse
13-02-2013, 04:45 PM

Why is that not a Heskey Esky?

Jetmaster
13-02-2013, 04:52 PM
This has the same sort of vibe as last season when it was suggested that HSG told GVE to play the system to suit the players, and also when Con made him play Mario in 2008.

Why the turn around ?

13-02-2013, 04:53 PM
Bloke should be benched for not having a Heskey esky.

Jetmaster i agree totally. I have no doubt after our regional game last season someone must have had something to say. Things changed from that game on

Jeterpool
13-02-2013, 05:03 PM
Why have we publicly outlined pretty much our starting lineup for the next game, allowing Melbourne time to train for it?

Starting to think ill expect double bluff

zorse
13-02-2013, 05:43 PM
We have become so predictable in some places it don't matter if we broadcast who's playing where. Maybe this is just a one off 'give this one to the fans game' and Gary will be back to his usual mind games and player selection shenanigans the following week. Hoping that's wrong and there really has been something happen behind the scenes to change things. We really should be fielding our strongest team every week and only changing things due to injuries or suspensions or if a particular style of player is preferred in a certain position depending on what opponent we are playing.

Skirt Boy
13-02-2013, 06:31 PM
Since when have I been leader of the GVE fan club??

I am on record here saying I didn't agree with GVE's 2nd appointment as it would be an total dogs breakfast with far too many knives poised to stab him in the back as soon as things didn't go well.

I am more a fan of the stability approach and I don't see how sacking the bloke will achieve much long term. We are making small improvments and will be beter placed next season. We do need to make some signings of note and see some more development of our younger players to continue to step up. Ridding ourselves of Jesic/Jobe/Tiago/Bridges/ Ribero/Ritter??? should free up some some funds to signs some experienced players

Also need the return to form of Kanta/Brown etc

How do I rate his performance this season. Quite frankly not good enough and things need to improve. The manager hasn't got the most out of his foreign contingent and our paterns of play need to improve.

Many things he does baffle the shit out of me and I don't agree with. I don't choose to vent like some do here on the subject that often

One thing I will say about our squad is that they don't give up. Everyweek they aim up and have a go. Most of the time they are found to be not good enough but they are still trying. This to me indicates the tales of mass unrest in the squad are mostly a crock of shite. They are also prone to some massive errors that have cost us bad. Unfortunately the case with a young inexperienced playing group.

As for blokes criticiseing the manager with 7 mins to go on Staurday night I find it poor form. There was still enough time in the game for the Gypos to lose 2 GF's and be well on their way to losing a 3rd. Bagging the manager out with their still being time to salvage something is in MY EYES poor form. Get behind the team with a Cmon Newcastle chant etc and see if we can inspire the boys rather than flatten them. We nearly pulled something out of the fire on Saturday night and I woukld rather be seeing our fans getting behind the lads 110% when 2-0 down not starting to let petty agendas come to the fore

Bitch at the manager all you like on FB and the Foz but leave it out on game day.

PS Also I refuse to be part of any intitiative that will bring Craig Deans closer to the Stade de Newy Hotseat.

Shame on the blokes who do :redcard:

Are you Emily Van Egmond?

halo se7en
13-02-2013, 07:21 PM
Jets 6-1. Why da fuq not...

sammydog
13-02-2013, 07:21 PM
We have become so predictable in some places it don't matter if we broadcast who's playing where. Maybe this is just a one off 'give this one to the fans game' and Gary will be back to his usual mind games and player selection shenanigans the following week. Hoping that's wrong and there really has been something happen behind the scenes to change things. We really should be fielding our strongest team every week and only changing things due to injuries or suspensions or if a particular style of player is preferred in a certain position depending on what opponent we are playing.

I agree this feels like something done to appease the fans. I for one am happy to see Regan, Taggart and Bridges given a run. If thats the case this will either validate GVE's approach, or if it woks and the club forced it, cast questions on him.

plague
13-02-2013, 07:24 PM
He's named a 20 man squad and pretty much broadcast his starting lineup.

He's def going to forfeit now.

halo se7en
13-02-2013, 07:25 PM
This will end the Bridges debate for good. If he can't perform against a shit team at home, then what good will he be for the rest of the season? He really needs to do something memorable and give our club a real kick into the finals, otherwise there's absolutely no sense in playing him ahead of Brown or Ribiero.

MFKS
13-02-2013, 07:41 PM
I agree this feels like something done to appease the fans. I for one am happy to see Regan, Taggart and Bridges given a run. If thats the case this will either validate GVE's approach, or if it woks and the club forced it, cast questions on him.

If GVE is listening to the fans and selecting a team on who the fans want we have big problems. If HSG are tampering with GVE's team selections and making him play blokes jardel style he don't want to we have bigger problems.

Best bet is hopefully GVE has come to this lineup conclusion himself.

If not we have BIG problems

MFKS
13-02-2013, 07:43 PM
This will end the Bridges debate for good. If he can't perform against a shit team at home, then what good will he be for the rest of the season? He really needs to do something memorable and give our club a real kick into the finals, otherwise there's absolutely no sense in playing him ahead of Brown or Ribiero.

Bridges debate has already ended. Getting the arse at end of season.

What happens friday will make no difference as to whether he was or wasn't good enough

Grimario
13-02-2013, 07:43 PM
If GVE is listening to the fans and selecting a team on who the fans want we have big problems. If HSG are tampering with GVE's team selections and making him play blokes jardel style he don't want to we have bigger problems.

Best bet is hopefully GVE has come to this lineup conclusion himself.

If not we have BIG problems
Agree with you on this!

My2BobsWorth
13-02-2013, 07:54 PM
What a load of ****ing shit, do any of you numbnuts actually believe that GVE gives a **** about what the fans think. In my view, this is vaguely what he should have been playing all year.

MFKS
13-02-2013, 08:28 PM
What a load of ****ing shit, do any of you numbnuts actually believe that GVE gives a **** about what the fans think. In my view, this is vaguely what he should have been playing all year.

The problem is My2Bobsworth no one whether they are pro Gve or Anti GVE has any ****ing idea what he is thinking.

Anything is possible with him and his motives for team selection as there appears to be no line of consistency there.

For all we know he could be getting team line up ideas off the Foz and FB.

Not that crazy of an idea when you consider the crazy we have come to know from the Egg

Hunter403
13-02-2013, 10:06 PM
I like this line up. Maybe it is what the fans have been calling for and maybe the fans are right. GVE certainly hasn't got it right this season and there are huge numbers of fans who will approve of this line up. Will it gel first time? Maybe too late in the season but let's hope he sticks with it.
Will be good to see Bridges play. He certainly has plenty of ability and experience.

boz-monaut
13-02-2013, 10:13 PM
GVE is panicking because he knows he'll be looking for a new job if these poor results continue over the next few weeks

howardyou
13-02-2013, 10:31 PM
GVE is panicking because he knows he'll be looking for a new job if these poor results continue over the next few weeks

Exactly. Fergie style. But hey, i'm all for something different. Status quo seems to be quite shit.

Can anyone tell me if we have had the same starting eleven two weeks in a row?

Can anyone guess who said this. I think it rings true with the Jets this year.

"A simple criteria is pick your best team and stick with it in all forms, then the players get used playing together and being with one another on tour, you get to know the person, too much chopping and changing leads to insecurity, players then start to look out for themselves and over their shoulder, this breeds selfishness. It’s also why rotation and resting players will never work. In any sport once you have proven to yourself that you are good enough to play at the top level, you know if you perform you will be picked for the next game, that’s when you play at your best as you have confidence and are more relaxed."

Don't just google it you pussy.

Football is us
13-02-2013, 10:40 PM

Agreed mtbw, particularly with Bridges, he should have had heaps more game time, and starting game time at that. I saw an interview with Van God somewhere in the last 18 months or so where he said something to the effect of ' if you start listening to the fans, you've lost it'. So if he is listening to the fans now, it only adds to the number of changes of tack he has made with his book of excuses this season. One glowing example being that he let so many players go due to the restrictions of the salary cap. If that had been the case at the end of last season, it would have been all over the media, that GVE can't sign players like Brockie, Topor-Stanley etc. It appears to me that he simply didn't want them .... particularly with Brockie, as he was well up ij the A-League leading goal scorers at the time, even though Van God was not starting him for the last few games and only occasionally bringing him on from the bench.

I like this line up. Maybe it is what the fans have been calling for and maybe the fans are right. GVE certainly hasn't got it right this season and there are huge numbers of fans who will approve of this line up. Will it gel first time? Maybe too late in the season but let's hope he sticks with it.
Will be good to see Bridges play. He certainly has plenty of ability and experience.

Agreed again. Will it gel first time ..... perhaps not, but I hope that if it doesn't, that he will at least try it again.

I hope Bridges has a blinder, but its a big ask with so little match time for him. If he doesn't, whats the chance that Van God will use the excuse, that ' I gave Bridges his chance and it didn't work'. Thus justifying his previous non selection of Bridges.

13-02-2013, 11:05 PM

Agree totally and believe this also reinforces what Middleby's had to say last week that top 6 was min expectation at start of season and still is.

q-money
13-02-2013, 11:32 PM
how good's the foz going at the mo, blokes deadset at each other's throats

here's hoping for a blood bath on the terrace this friday when gve's house of straw collapses

some men just want to watch the world burn

Lofty
13-02-2013, 11:47 PM
I'm pretty sure this is correct. I know this is the confirmed backline anyway.
Heskey - Bridgey
Goodwin - Rubes - Zenon - Chilla
Hoole - Regan - Ritter - Galloway

militiamon
13-02-2013, 11:48 PM
Don't you call my daughter a slart!!
She's farken noiineee!

Jeterpool
14-02-2013, 08:31 AM
I'm pretty sure this is correct. I know this is the confirmed backline anyway.
Heskey - Bridgey
Goodwin - Rubes - Zenon - Chilla
Hoole - Regan - Ritter - Galloway

I thought someone already said Ritter mentioned on twitter he was playing fullback, not centre back.

Might look like this:

Hoole-Regan-Chapman-Ritter

----Brillante--Zad

Griff--Bridges--Taggz

-------Heskey

furns
14-02-2013, 08:34 AM
will depend on whether Chapman recovers from his training ground knock

Jeterpool
14-02-2013, 09:07 AM
will depend on whether Chapman recovers from his training ground knock

Very true. I was going to put a "slash" Mitchell but I didn't want to scare people.

Ritter could easliy move central and mean Galloway returns as well.

Superdylan
14-02-2013, 10:35 AM
She's farken noiineee!

:lulzturtle:

Superdylan
14-02-2013, 10:36 AM
She's farken noiineee!

:lulzturtle:

All the memories, does anyone know who had that video?

Grimario
14-02-2013, 10:44 AM
Ritter could easliy move central and mean Galloway returns as well.

Surely Gallaway is more likely to just move over to the right for Ritter than Hoole starting?

MFKS
14-02-2013, 10:51 AM
Don't forget Sammy G can also play CB

Ritter at LB
Galloway CB
Reagan CB
Hooley RB

Thats a possibility

la bazzle
14-02-2013, 10:55 AM
Lol gallaway in cb is a terrible idea. Bloke has done well in an attacking sense but gee whizz cb would be a scary 90 minutes

Grimario
14-02-2013, 11:01 AM
Don't forget Sammy G can also play CB

If Hoole is on the right and it's a choice between Ritter and Gallaway at CB... would defo prefer Ritter, personally. Gallaway goes alright pushing forward but I reckon I would be more nervous with him at CB than I am with Mitchell.

plague
14-02-2013, 02:05 PM
Chick on the radio just said Jets were playing the 'Heat' on Friday night.
The thought of Heskey and Bridges going up against LeBron and Wade got me excited.

Alas.

In other news it's been a slow work day.

My2BobsWorth
14-02-2013, 03:26 PM

A perfect example of why you shouldn't post when pist, apologies to any numbnuts offended

plague
14-02-2013, 03:51 PM
I thought everyone posted everything whilst pissed.

I'm drunk right now.

MFKS
14-02-2013, 04:55 PM
I refuse to post pissed. I am 100% sober when I post.

I might make some sense if I was hammered when I posted and wouldn't want to ruin my rep for being a nutter

14-02-2013, 05:47 PM
Nutter of course not, chemical inbalance maybe.

Just kidding we know your good for it.

hawk
15-02-2013, 11:13 AM
Heart were* warming up at civic park, please place requsts for result now...and thommo says hi

Grimario
15-02-2013, 11:26 AM
Tell Hoffman I want him to score 3 goals then moon GvE.

goaliepersempre
15-02-2013, 11:31 AM
no please dont gary will have a fap and sign him on a lifelong contract.

hawk
15-02-2013, 11:40 AM
Tell Hoffman I want him to score 3 goals then moon GvE.

honkman thinks hes an important cog

Grimario
15-02-2013, 12:37 PM
There are also changes at the back for the Jets as Connor Chapman is out injured and the coach hasn't been too enamoured with their defending either. Scott Neville and Josh Mitchell are rested and the impressive young tyros, Andrew Hoole and Scott Gallaway are expected to fill the full-back roles while local Taylor Regan and Swiss import Dominik Ritter will partner one another in central defence for the first time this season.

Dando is no Kearney.

Retro Jet
15-02-2013, 01:46 PM
After 6 rounds we were on 12 points.
After 20 rounds, we still haven't doubled that....
Win tonight or GTFO from any idea that we are in finals contention.

Retro Jet
15-02-2013, 01:51 PM
Heart were* warming up at civic park, please place requsts for result now...and thommo says hi

Wtf were you doing out of your Batcave? Git back to work! :tongue:
See you tonight.

Grimario
15-02-2013, 01:51 PM
When you put it like that... ugh. 11 points in 14 games is horrendous.

Jeterpool
15-02-2013, 01:53 PM
After 6 rounds we were on 12 points.
After 20 rounds, we still haven't doubled that....

Wow...we really are that bad aren't we.

dink
15-02-2013, 04:36 PM
GVE is under pressure. Makes plenty of changes. Needs the result. If not then he will be scratching his head for next weeks line up.
I hope we win but not because of GVE. Bridgy to have a blinder, Heskey hat trick, Zad a screamer. 4-0 to the good guys. Yeow!

Thomas477
15-02-2013, 05:05 PM
I'm going to make a prediction that even if we win by 3, people will still be complaining about GvE. Things like why isn't chapman playing (injured), Ribz (Bridges is playing that role) etc will be mentioned.

BodyNovo
15-02-2013, 05:19 PM
I'm going to make a prediction that even if we win by 3, people will still be complaining about GvE. Things like why isn't chapman playing (injured), Ribz (Bridges is playing that role) etc will be mentioned.

i'm going to make a prediction that even if we lose by 3, you will continue to praise GVE. things like bridges deserves another chance (already had a thousand chances), gary deserves more time, etc.

just trolling here.

15-02-2013, 05:23 PM
Maybe not. The contents of Thomas's glass changed slightly after last weekend.

pv4
15-02-2013, 05:41 PM
i'm going to make a prediction that even if we lose by 3, you will continue to praise GVE. things like bridges deserves another chance (already had a thousand chances), gary deserves more time, etc.

just trolling here.

+1

minus the trolling. for real

My2BobsWorth
15-02-2013, 05:53 PM
Got a feelin in me waters bout this one, a good feelin, but could be the beer

Thomas477
15-02-2013, 06:44 PM
Maybe not. The contents of Thomas's glass changed slightly after last weekend.

It has. But I'm glad to see GvE is playing what is close to our best starting team in my opinion. I too am sick of GvE playing favourites (like with Brown, but everyone else seems to have time for him ATM)

And BodyNovo, who else would you play in the #10? Brown has had more game time and done nothing. Griffo isn't a #10. Taggart looked promising, but came on late last week. And forgive me if I think a coach deserves to see the season out. If we fail to make the six, then he should be under review and potentially let go, otherwise lets have stability like Celtic with Lennon or Newcastle under Pardew, rather then be like Chelsea and Sydney and go through 2-3 coaches a season.

belchardo
15-02-2013, 09:27 PM
good game.

bridges played well.

cooper to tags to griffo. :fap: lovely.

caravella MOTM for me. thought he did really well and was a big part in the result.

we still can't cross, take corners or free kicks. i'm convinced we'd be better off setting up the defence again in those situations, cause we sure as hell aren't going to keep the ball.

gallaway. good going forward, bad going backwards. not sure if he is a real long term prospect.

tags on the other hand...

clean sheet and more than one goal scored. well bugger me. :D

Grimario
15-02-2013, 09:55 PM
Best we've looked all season in my opinion. That second goal, ****ing hell. zenon, Rubes, Ritter, Regan, Bridges, Taggart, Heskey. All excellent.

Bec
15-02-2013, 09:58 PM
where the hell has that been all season...awesome stuff and that second goal freakin awesome

weston
15-02-2013, 10:00 PM
Stadium would of collapsed if Taggart got that 60 yarder in....

Bon
15-02-2013, 10:08 PM
good game.

bridges played well.

cooper to tags to griffo. :fap: lovely.

caravella MOTM for me. thought he did really well and was a big part in the result.

we still can't cross, take corners or free kicks. i'm convinced we'd be better off setting up the defence again in those situations, cause we sure as hell aren't going to keep the ball.

gallaway. good going forward, bad going backwards. not sure if he is a real long term prospect.

tags on the other hand...

clean sheet and more than one goal scored. well bugger me. :D

I agree with everything you say!!!
Bridges was tops, surely we want to keep him on the books??
Caravella Koala was brilliant, definite MOTM for me too..

pudy
15-02-2013, 10:19 PM
Our most complete performance of the season. Gary should not tinker with the side next week.

Hard to pick a man of the match but I was so damn impressed with Caravella tonight. Bossed the midfield, was aggressive but skillful at the same time, got the transition from the defence to attack happening beautifully.. great stuff

Jeterpool
15-02-2013, 10:20 PM
Yep. Caravella MoM. Brilliantle isn't a right back. Looked a little lost. Ritter was rusty too.

Regan, Taggart and Bridges were great. Ball movement was quick, forward and direct which was refreshing.

Zenon absolutely bossed it. Was everywhere tonight.

Babalj is a big strong quick boy! Going to be a good player.

Griff kept quiet but took his goal very very well.

Cooper did alright too.

Hard pressed to drop many if those players next week.

Much better with more experience on the park.

Jeterpool
15-02-2013, 10:23 PM

Guess he's a genius....for finally listening to the fans.

Hope he doesn't go and f**k it all up next week

Raw Boned Youngster
15-02-2013, 10:25 PM
The class of Bridges in the first half was a major factor. I can't help but think that Egg head made the changes thinking and probably hoping in his strange mind that the Jets would get smashed. Of course, maybe the team, the performance and the result highlights the fact that this insecure and twisted ego maniac is completely the hwrong man to have at the helm. it has only taken 20 plus weeks to get Taggart and Bridges on the park. Please can this ass clown be forever removed from any position of influence over footballers in this area. He doesn't appear to get football or footballers.

belchardo
15-02-2013, 10:27 PM
Babalj is a big strong quick boy! Going to be a good player.

never really paid much attention to him before tonight, but god he is big isn't he. couple of years and he'll be the new dukes.

dwarfed regan.

belchardo
15-02-2013, 10:29 PM
The class of Bridges in the first half was a major factor. I can't help but think that Egg head made the changes thinking and probably hoping in his strange mind that the Jets would get smashed. Of course, maybe the team, the performance and the result highlights the fact that this insecure and twisted ego maniac is completely the hwrong man to have at the helm. it has only taken 20 plus weeks to get Taggart and Bridges on the park. Please can this ass clown be forever removed from any position of influence over footballers in this area. He doesn't appear to get football or footballers.

got it in one. i suspect that is exactly why he did it.

MFKS
15-02-2013, 10:37 PM
Good win from the team. That also being said how little pressure was there on our centre mids. Nearly everytime Zads/Zenon got the ball they could roll a smoke before releasing it. Aloisi WTF was he thinking with this tactic??

Probably the most pleasing aspect of all this was finally we tried getting in behind someone and scored 2 goals doing so.

Also GVE's tactic to play Taggz and Griffo with heskey was a masterstroke. As a result Taggz Heskey griffo Bridges were really close tonight. Usually with Chilli Goody Griffo Heskey etc Chilli and Goody are so far away from Heskey it ain't funny. By playing a bit narrower we left the wide space to play into. Admittedly we still ****ed it up it makes more sense to leave it free and move into it rather than jamming it up and being so spread out.

Bridges played well. Credit where it is due. Still don't rate him as the missing link some others believe he is but credit to him for a good performance tonight.

Also credit where it is due to Taylor Regan had a ****ing blinder tonight. What a delight it was to see the back of Mitchell. Long may it continue.

Great effort and a good game for a change. Well done Jets

Raw Boned Youngster
15-02-2013, 10:37 PM

Raw Boned Youngster
15-02-2013, 10:39 PM
sorry about double post.

stopper2
15-02-2013, 10:41 PM
Where the **** has Taggart been for most of the season...this kid is a gem. Got to give kudos to GVE for Zenon however, great acquisition to bring in at the business end of the season.

Jeterpool
15-02-2013, 10:41 PM
Good win from the team. That also being said how little pressure was there on our centre mids. Nearly everytime Zads/Zenon got the ball they could roll a smoke before releasing it. Aloisi WTF was he thinking with this tactic??

Probably the most pleasing aspect of all this was finally we tried getting in behind someone and scored 2 goals doing so.

Also GVE's tactic to play Taggz and Griffo with heskey was a masterstroke. As a result Taggz Heskey griffo Bridges were really close tonight. Usually with Chilli Goody Griffo Heskey etc Chilli and Goody are so far away from Heskey it ain't funny. By playing a bit narrower we left the wide space to play into. Admittedly we still ****ed it up it makes more sense to leave it free and move into it rather than jamming it up and being so spread out.

Bridges played well. Credit where it is due. Still don't rate him as the missing link some others believe he is but credit to him for a good performance tonight.

Also credit where it is due to Taylor Regan had a ****ing blinder tonight. What a delight it was to see the back of Mitchell. Long may it continue.

Great effort and a good game for a change. Well done Jets

You're getting soft member :D

Bon
15-02-2013, 10:42 PM
sorry about double post.

Its true and makes enough sense, so make it a triple.. :lol:

MFKS
15-02-2013, 10:42 PM

RBY posts like that much more applicable when we play bad. Not after we win and put in one of our better performances in a long long time.

Haters still can't let it go can they. Enjoy the win. Don't slash your wrists:sparring::sigh::roflz:

Retro Jet
15-02-2013, 10:43 PM
3pts and a hangover.
More ticker and hunger shown. Maybe Catlin picked the team this week?

Good night at the Tenzo, eh?
Walking in and some bogan is being escorted out; blood on the head etc.
Meet a Director at the bar. Old mate of my brothers from Rosebuds.
Talks me into signing up as a member....$5. RJ will do it.
Left the Tenzo after talking to Hawk 'n co with SD murdering Love Shack. :fright:
Next week, have a go at Rock Lobster?

Btw, Retro wasn't KO'd at the Tenzo 2 weeks ago 'cause Retro wasn't there!

Tommyjet
15-02-2013, 10:46 PM
Love watching tags, all about goals when he is around whether he is looking to play someone in(2 assists tonight) or creating a chance for himself where others would just pass it backwards. Matter of time till he starts scoring goals regularly provided he has an extended run.

stopper2
15-02-2013, 10:46 PM
Reegz is the #1 CB at this club as far as I'm concerned. Not 100% sure but I think the 4 clean-sheets this season have all corresponded with him playing....can't be a coincidence. The rare occasion that he does stuff up he has the speed to get back and rectify it.....that is the difference between him and Chapman, Mitchell and the banished Tiago.

Grimario
15-02-2013, 10:48 PM
Love watching tags, all about goals when he is around whether he is looking to play someone in(2 assists tonight) or creating a chance for himself where others would just pass it backwards. Matter of time till he starts scoring goals regularly provided he has an extended run.
Wasn't the first one Griff?

sammydog
15-02-2013, 10:52 PM
Awesome night.

Caravella was huge. All over the park in attack and defence. Can't believe he couldn't get a run at adelaide.

Heskey, Griffiths. Taggart, Bridges at the front worked well. Griffiths ball to set up heskey was awesome, but the second goal was even better.

Regan had another solid game in the back. Surely we will see him again next week.

We actually looked like we wanted to play tonight, now it just needs to be taken into next week.

Will be interesting to see how it lines up.

Grimario
15-02-2013, 10:56 PM
If it's not the same and there are no injuries forcing people out, Gary is mad. Don't think you could really say there was a poor player on the pitch tonight.

belchardo
15-02-2013, 11:02 PM
gallaway suspended for next week i believe. no worries in my mind. hoole in.

Grimario
15-02-2013, 11:02 PM
Also meant to say... never thought I would see Heskey spring the offside trap to burst on to a through ball and score. Oh my days.

Raw Boned Youngster
15-02-2013, 11:04 PM
MFKS, no wrist slashing here guy. The result and performance happened for a reason; footballers with brains and a feel for the game were picked. I don't think Gary picked the team or it wasn't the team he would have picked. He doesn't have that much football instinct. There were strange forces at play this week and It highlighted that we have been subjected to Eggsy's moods, insecurities and oddities for 20 weeks and they haven't worked. Forget the early season results, tonight was a performance and there is a difference. I suggest you learn a bit more about the game before you make your usual sweeping statements.

sammydog
15-02-2013, 11:12 PM
Did anyone pay much attention to GVE on the bench. It was the least animated I have seen him. Just sat there for much of the match.

militiamon
15-02-2013, 11:13 PM
Gallaway.

PS looks like Regan learnt his lesson, back to his best tonight. Good management imo, no player is bigger than the team.

15-02-2013, 11:18 PM
I will bet my left one GVE did not pick this team tonight.

Anyways Xenon was everywhere and more than made amends for a few early poor touches. No way in hell should Mitchell or Neville get the chance to pull a first team top on again.

We looked like a team tonight more intent on putting the ball in the back of the net rather than accumulating pretty stats.

Can anyone enlighten why Heskey was subbed, is he carrying a niggle or was he keen to get his hands on a reduced to clear $10.00 cap.

belchardo
15-02-2013, 11:18 PM
Did anyone pay much attention to GVE on the bench. It was the least animated I have seen him. Just sat there for much of the match.

surely the bigger news was that he wasn't wearing a tie.

15-02-2013, 11:20 PM

I picked on the fact that during the warm up and right up until kick off he was nowhere to be seen. Can recall plenty of times where he has been on the sideline casting an eye over the warm up.

MFKS
15-02-2013, 11:21 PM
MFKS, no wrist slashing here guy. The result and performance happened for a reason; footballers with brains and a feel for the game were picked. I don't think Gary picked the team or it wasn't the team he would have picked. He doesn't have that much football instinct. There were strange forces at play this week and It highlighted that we have been subjected to Eggsy's moods, insecurities and oddities for 20 weeks and they haven't worked. Forget the early season results, tonight was a performance and there is a difference. I suggest you learn a bit more about the game before you make your usual sweeping statements.

So you are under the impression that GVE is just a puppet and someone else is pulling the strings and he is being manipulated by higher forces?? That being the case why would he stick around if someone else was running things and he was just the patsy taking the blame when things go wrong?? I personally find this view to be complete crap.

How about giving credit where it is due. Tactics personnel etc were spot on tonight. When the bloke does well give him the credit when due. Making spiteful allegations at this time is poor form

Maybe you need to discount your biased view towards the bloke before making ridiculous sweeping statements.

BodyNovo
15-02-2013, 11:21 PM
heskey was a menace tonight, tracked back gave the big ones

Rubes is 100% key for the team, he just runs all night. love the bloke

dale cavese continuing to make strides in bay 2

Raw Boned Youngster
15-02-2013, 11:22 PM
' Gary has the full support of the management'

MFKS
15-02-2013, 11:23 PM
**** THE reduced to clear $10.00 caps.

Wheres our smoothie???

belchardo
15-02-2013, 11:23 PM
So you are under the impression that GVE is just a puppet and someone else is pulling the strings and he is being manipulated by higher forces?? That being the case why would he stick around if someone else was running things and he was just the patsy taking the blame when things go wrong?? I personally find this view to be complete crap.

How about giving credit where it is due. Tactics personnel etc were spot on tonight. When the bloke does well give him the credit when due. Making spiteful allegations at this time is poor form

Maybe you need to discount your biased view towards the bloke before making ridiculous sweeping statements.

of FFS! i'm agreeing with MFKS.

Bon
15-02-2013, 11:28 PM
of FFS! i'm agreeing with MFKS.

Dangerous times..

sh10
15-02-2013, 11:30 PM
Great game. I'd like to thank:

1. GVE for being the genius that he is
2. Crazy eyes Heskey for leading the line like a bawss
3. Taggart for being a sick kent
4. Bridgey for not being shit in the first half
5. The stadium management for relocating Row Z behind the goals, it has really helped Ruben's shooting
6. Joh Mitchell's girlfriend (she takes my vote for GVE's replacement)
7. Mel in the red dress :wub:
8. Lara Pitt lookin good too

Porett
15-02-2013, 11:31 PM
Not a bad player for us.

MH did make us look better than we were though.

MFKS
15-02-2013, 11:32 PM
Also what was the go with the dozen or so Pissant fans there causing trouble about 12 mins into the game??

Were they lost??

Misread their fixture list or something??

sh10
I can't help but think that Egg head made the changes thinking and probably hoping in his strange mind that the Jets would get smashed.

and thus the GVE conspiracy theories go up another level

Raw Boned Youngster
MFKS, I would say that Gary has pretty much run things his way until this week. As others have said, and I agree, this week was different. it didn't look like one of his teams- all of his cast offs suddenly reappeared. Weird. There was another selection influence this week and the result and performance was arguably the best for months,possibly the year. if you retread over my posts, I have always believed Gary is an imposter with many complications and a lack of football nous that impacts on his players and teams. To me, bringing him back after his walk out was the most ' unNewy' thing ever. I don't get him on any level and I don't believe the players do either. Players like to believe in their manager, and I would think that most see him as a dweebish nut case.

sammydog
15-02-2013, 11:34 PM
Can anyone enlighten why Heskey was subbed, is he carrying a niggle or was he keen to get his hands on a reduced to clear $10.00 cap.

Looked like they iced up his hip as soon as he came off. Injury precaution maybe?

northern_swan
15-02-2013, 11:35 PM
Whoever picked the team, IN
GVE & Deans, still out.
Radelaide fans out
Hamo Nth bowlo FTW
Bridges haters GTFO

sh10
15-02-2013, 11:38 PM
Wasn't the first one Griff?

Yep

2nd one was cooper to taggart, sweet little ball over the top and sensational finish from griff-daddy

*FREE
15-02-2013, 11:38 PM
lol @ the people thinking there was some kind of conspiracy behind the way the team was selected and played tonight. Get a f---ing grip.

q-money
15-02-2013, 11:39 PM
the member in his eagle eye perch (y)

Adelaide arf

push it

sh10
15-02-2013, 11:40 PM
Looked like they iced up his hip as soon as he came off. Injury precaution maybe?

Fox commentators said they were told by Jets staff it was precautionary

howardyou
15-02-2013, 11:44 PM
Well. Caravan MOTM. Bridges great and loved the Taggart getting his wings up everytime! Best performance of the season. We looked forward most of the time, and when we didn't we almost got caught out. But well played.

15-02-2013, 11:49 PM

Cheers for that.

You asked member why would he hang around if it was not his team. In a word remuneration and the opportunity that may exist to him for a different role at the club at the completion of this season if he plays ball. It was a very strange week and very un GVE like, that cannot be denied. The Roar role is filled with Mulv's getting the gig for another 2 seasons leaving only Perth at this stage.

belchardo
15-02-2013, 11:53 PM
Great game. I'd like to thank:

1. GVE for being the genius that he is
2. Crazy eyes Heskey for leading the line like a bawss
3. Taggart for being a sick kent
4. Bridgey for not being shit in the first half
5. The stadium management for relocating Row Z behind the goals, it has really helped Ruben's shooting
6. Joh Mitchell's girlfriend (she takes my vote for GVE's replacement)
7. Mel in the red dress :wub:
8. Lara Pitt lookin good too

points 6, 7 and 8 i completely agree with (can't speak for the other points, too distracted by points 6, 7 and 8). think i'm becoming more of a lara man these days...

Div
15-02-2013, 11:57 PM

I went to the effort to register on here to give you kudos for this post. Anyone who says it was precautionary is a liar, the big man was desperate to get hats for his whole family.

Mitchy
15-02-2013, 11:59 PM
First time I enjoyed a game in a long time.

Push it

belchardo
16-02-2013, 12:00 AM
thought he was just after macca's smoothies.

q-money
16-02-2013, 12:00 AM
merch alert made me poo my pants tbvh

cheflyf
16-02-2013, 12:13 AM
What was the go with the adelaide united supporters???

16-02-2013, 12:49 AM
^ Thought they were treated poorly by over zelous security staff. They were actually chanting and applauding heskey's work quite a bit. From what i could see and pretty close to them there was no bad banter going on between them and the small group of Heart suppprters. in actual fact both groups were enjoying a chat and some over priced sherbies before the start of the game.

A few of the Reds fans had purchased some number 9 Heskey player strips.

front2
16-02-2013, 12:56 AM
^ Thought they were treated poorly by over zelous security staff. They were actually chanting and applauding heskey's work quite a bit. From what i could see and pretty close to them there was no bad banter going on between them and the small group of Heart suppprters. in actual fact both groups were enjoying a chat and some over priced sherbies before the start of the game.

A few of the Reds fans had purchased some number 9 Heskey player strips.

Why would security encourage a healthy atmosphere?

true waterboy
16-02-2013, 02:03 AM
haha everyone is gonna get up me but i get worried whenever regan is defending anywhere near the box, the way he jumps into challenges will cause him problems soon imo.
he had a good passing game tho (ps only 3/4 of clean sheets were with regan, the second cleansheet was chapman/mitchell) chapman still #1 CB

Tagz was my motm. unbelievable performance for only his second start (if i remember correctly)

Caramello was brilliant as well, cant comment on last week as didnt get to see it but every time ive seen him he has impressed me greatly

bridges was suprisingly not rubbish, played well and for once didnt lose possession every touch, doesnt have the engines for longer than 45 min

on a side not i found it funny listening to the pre-game on fox where they were critising the jets for trying to play it out instead of long ball to heskey more often when normally the complain we do it to much

ohh yeah and mitch cooper :wub::wub:

la bazzle
16-02-2013, 03:10 AM
Pete**** made to look like a fool to ought. Regz plays = clean sheet. Been missing him the last few weeks for no reason. What a legend. Selections spot on today. Taggartsfaggots loved it. Bloke killed it. Birraz what a sexy mofo. Griff what a finish. Heskey what a muffin break. Beautiful. All in all main thing to note is regz is back and anyone go thought his punishment was justified should eat plenty of dick

parksey
16-02-2013, 04:06 AM
Don't step on cracks or you'll break her back

Talkin bout yo mum

Go the jets

Hunter403
16-02-2013, 07:31 AM
Jets were a whole lot better. Regan did very well as did Zads. We still make poor choices passing out from the back and it almost cost us again.
Zenon was excellent. Definiteley man of the match. I thought Griff was a little quiet. Great pass for Heskey's goal and a great goal himself, but a little quiet otherwise.
Heskey was brilliant. Held it up, took the knocks, scored and was dangerous every time he had the ball. He also did well in defence!!
I have wanted Bridges to start all year and my wishes were granted. He is a class player in this league. His touch and control were excellent. He is seconds ahead of other players and was a menace every time he had the ball. ANother game or two to get match fitness and he could steam home.
Taggart had a great game. Maybe GVE can now see what Holger saw?
Great night out. The supporterws where I sat all said the same: "About time" on the team selection.
Let's hope there aren't too many changes next week.

plague
16-02-2013, 08:56 AM
Played strong. Done good.

Buddha
16-02-2013, 09:07 AM
What was the go with the red and white flags?

Tommyjet
16-02-2013, 09:10 AM
One could argue that he has been playing a couple of 'fan' players more than wat he wanted up until now in Goodwin and virgili. I have no doubt that gve originally thought his forward line would of consisted of heskey, griff, taggart, brown and maybe ribiero with Goodwin playing left back. However the combination of injuries and international duties and the form of Goodwin and virgili during preseason meant those two became fan favourites and gve was jeered whenever they weren't starting.

I think it was the combination of bridges, taggart and griff playing more direct and closer to heskey that saw so much improvement last night, not so much just the inclusion bridges or taggart as if Goodwin or virgili were out there running the line our forward line would still of been very isolated from each other.

The Dunster
16-02-2013, 09:19 AM
The Heart played the most boring predictable shit I have seen from any team this season.

While I think we had the right players out there and were dominant - the real test comes next week.

Also, GVE's comment about Caravella providing what Musalik used to is a real worry. Going forward there might be similarities but defensively Caravella works a hell of a lot hader and more effectively.

I'm worried Musalik will be brought in to the team next season to create competition with Carvella for positions. WHich essentially means, more GVE ****ing mind games.

GVE got the game plan and the team right tonight. But it's taken him far too long to work out that Mitchell and Neville are not good enough, and that Brown still needs to prove himself in the youth team before playing at tnis level again.

Jetmaster
16-02-2013, 09:41 AM
Only change I would make is Goodwin at left back...that's where he was when he came here and he bombed it from that position in the trials (remember the first half hat-trick ?)

late_to_the_game
16-02-2013, 09:52 AM
For me, the best thing about last night is that is was ENTERTAINING!

Talked to several parents of kids I have coached, who are members but not football people, and they enjoyed the game. Mainly as we were creating chances, and they found it exciting.

This forum seems to mainly be populated by people with good football knowledge, but we must not forget that we have to entertain the masses in order for the club to survive and prosper. Maybe that was the message GVE was given......

MFKS
16-02-2013, 10:10 AM
Cheers for that.

You asked member why would he hang around if it was not his team. In a word remuneration and the opportunity that may exist to him for a different role at the club at the completion of this season if he plays ball. It was a very strange week and very un GVE like, that cannot be denied. The Roar role is filled with Mulv's getting the gig for another 2 seasons leaving only Perth at this stage.

Explain to me how how it was a strange week and very un GVE Like??

The bloke pulls a rabbit out of the hat completely from left field every other week. What exactly is really surprising that the tactics of naming his team well in advance and changing personnell with players who had been bit part previously is surprising to you?? Sooner or later the odds are it will work

The bloke comes up with crazy all the time and obviously dances to the beat of his own drum. When he gets it right the haters still can't let go and come up with some ridiculous conspiracy theories as to why it worked and even claim complete BULLSHIT that he isn't even in charge of the team. FFS take a step back and think about how ridiculous that sounds.

As for this fictitious role he is going to take on can you enlighten us as to what it is or is that just more unffounded speculation on the haters part?? As for your remarks about remuneration in light of Tinks and his Whitehaven Coal interest getting the Ok to dig up western NSW until 2062 the other day and the wealth thats gonna bring him I am sure he can afford GVE's severance pay if he wanted him gone.

On another note whats presenting a good laugh is the FB club who are claiming some type of victory in that they were right and GVE and his methods are wrong based on last nights result. Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't it the same stuff except for a couple of minor adjustments.

1 Our wide attackers in taggz and griffo ran the inside left/right channels rather than the Chilli Goody effort of holding the sideline
2 Our ball movement was a lot quicker than it normally is
3 Our opponent was average and hardly pressed us at all in midfield
4 Our attackers actually ran in behind the last man last night something the yoof team do but the HAL team rarely if ever have done

other than that it was the same 4-3-3 possession based crap

16-02-2013, 10:19 AM
You asked why would he hang around did you not ?. Most employees who walk out on there employer put at risk there entitlements. I did not mention anything about HSG not having the funds for a severence pay.

As for the rest of your rant, my foots asleep.

militiamon
16-02-2013, 10:45 AM
Shiii, watching Ryan's goal again and again, fapping hard to the build-up and finish.

Superdylan
16-02-2013, 10:52 AM
Shiii, watching Ryan's goal again and again, fapping hard to the build-up and finish.

All the fappin

Wow I've missed the emotions of winning a game and getting wasted, top night.

NewcastleForLife
16-02-2013, 11:01 AM
Meh, will save judgement on Gary until next week, see if he's learnt anything (eg if he brings back in Mitchell, only change should be Chapman for Ritter and replace the suspended Galloway) and also wait until we play a better team.
Encouraging result and played well, keep it up and I might start getting optimistic about jets games...

plague
16-02-2013, 11:21 AM
Browns glasses.
Jesus, bloke should be left out of the squad until he sorts that shit out.
Disgrace and ultra un-Newy.

16-02-2013, 11:25 AM
Stayed up to watch replay at midnight, watching the replay really reinforced just how good Taggart looked last night.

De-Champ
16-02-2013, 01:21 PM
I hate to rain on everyone's parade, but you are talking about the Jets beating a team which has gained one (1) POINT AWAY FROM HOME.

Jeterpool
16-02-2013, 02:34 PM
I hate to rain on everyone's parade, but you are talking about the Jets beating a team which has gained one (1) POINT AWAY FROM HOME.

Stop quoting facts and let us enjoy our delusion.

militiamon
16-02-2013, 03:40 PM
Browns glasses.
Jesus, bloke should be left out of the squad until he sorts that shit out.
Disgrace and ultra un-Newy.

Shut up, they are excellent. Needs to play with them on imo.

Jetmaster
16-02-2013, 04:28 PM
Just watching a replay. Didn't Ryans goal celebration and run to the Squadron remind you off the days of Griff?

My2BobsWorth
16-02-2013, 05:08 PM
Putting a team together is a bit like baking a cake, just the right amount of each ingredient. In saying that, Bridgey = Ledge, Zad had a shocker

q-money
16-02-2013, 05:09 PM
it's nothing like baking a cake, would you put your team into an 180 degree oven i think not m8

My2BobsWorth
16-02-2013, 05:29 PM
Very good, I see you do a bit of cooking

Buddha
16-02-2013, 06:23 PM
Bridges still wasting a spot, could have given Hoole a run where he was.

furns
16-02-2013, 06:26 PM
I would keep Bridges in there personally, when Chapman is fit drop Gallaway and put Ritter on the left and Hoole on the right.

militiamon
16-02-2013, 06:35 PM
Still don't get what was so great about Bridges, but if it makes people happy then w/e. Just wait until we lose.

plague
16-02-2013, 06:44 PM
Still don't get what was so great about Bridges, but if it makes people happy then w/e. Just wait until we lose.

Maybe you need some ghey James Brown lensless glasses to get a better look?

Tommyjet
16-02-2013, 07:39 PM
Personally I'm surprised bridgy hasn't been credited with the 2 assists by some of the blinkered members on here, those members probably are incapable of the thought that taggart was the one that provided the 'cutting edge'.
Don't get me wrong bridgy had a very solid game but way more impressed with taggart.
Oh and the difference between brown and bridgy is that in much of crowds eye's bridges' 10 mistakes looks like 2 and browns 5 mistakes looks like 20.

Que some delusional person to say bridges touches are always more effective

plague
16-02-2013, 07:42 PM
Thought Bridges went ok. Still gave it away a bit but his effort was impressive.
Caravella the same. Bloke put in the yards.
Don't see why GVE would want to change the team for next week but let's face it, it's GVE so it will be the usual cluster****.

Buddha
16-02-2013, 09:10 PM
Brilliante as a RB was very good, offered support for Griffo but wasn't 20 yards in front of him either like Gallaway, every time Heart had a good attack, it was usually a break down our left hand side. Somebody needs to teach Gallaway he doesn't have to be 20 yards ahead of the winger when on the attack. Leaves a gaping hole at the back and subsequent counter attack

MFKS
16-02-2013, 09:25 PM
Brilliante as a RB was very good, offered support for Griffo but wasn't 20 yards in front of him either like Gallaway, every time Heart had a good attack, it was usually a break down our left hand side. Somebody needs to teach Gallaway he doesn't have to be 20 yards ahead of the winger when on the attack. Leaves a gaping hole at the back and subsequent counter attack

Coupled that with sometimes he just don't track back at ALL

sh10
16-02-2013, 09:30 PM
I think Gallaway is halfway to becoming a better version of Pedj Bojic. If we can make that happen, we'll be laughing

Watching on TV i can't always see if he tracks back or not but I see him tracking back at full sprint a bloody lot

MFKS
16-02-2013, 09:39 PM
I think Gallaway is halfway to becoming a better version of Pedj Bojic. If we can make that happen, we'll be laughing

Watching on TV i can't always see if he tracks back or not but I see him tracking back at full sprint a bloody lot

So you reckon Sammy's a second class wanker then???

stopper2
17-02-2013, 10:57 AM
Personally I'm surprised bridgy hasn't been credited with the 2 assists by some of the blinkered members on here, those members probably are incapable of the thought that taggart was the one that provided the 'cutting edge'.
Don't get me wrong bridgy had a very solid game but way more impressed with taggart.
Oh and the difference between brown and bridgy is that in much of crowds eye's bridges' 10 mistakes looks like 2 and browns 5 mistakes looks like 20.

Que some delusional person to say bridges touches are always more effective
Spot on.
Barry Toohey talking up Bridges in todays Telegraph, no mention at all of Taggart

GazFish35
17-02-2013, 11:32 AM
What are Barry toohey's round ball credentials?

Is he the next Craig foster?

stopper2
17-02-2013, 12:09 PM
What are Barry toohey's round ball credentials?

Is he the next Craig foster?

Don't know what his credentials are but he is just another example of this sickening "love affair" with Bridges which seems to have developed in Newcastle in recent months. I thought his contribution was good on Friday night but his inclusion wasn't the defining factor which turned things around, it was a combination of the inclusion of Taggart also and Caravella having an outstanding game in the #6 role. Barely any mention is made anywhere of Cooper who also played well when he replaced Bridges.

Grunta
17-02-2013, 12:52 PM
Love reading this stuff.

Half you blokes are ****ed up the half spot on. I'll leave it to you to work out which half you sit in.

belchardo
17-02-2013, 01:27 PM
i'm definitely in the wrong half.

My2BobsWorth
17-02-2013, 05:11 PM
Don't know what his credentials are but he is just another example of this sickening "love affair" with Bridges which seems to have developed in Newcastle in recent months. I thought his contribution was good on Friday night but his inclusion wasn't the defining factor which turned things around, it was a combination of the inclusion of Taggart also and Caravella having an outstanding game in the #6 role. Barely any mention is made anywhere of Cooper who also played well when he replaced Bridges.

Sickening? Recent months? Get back on the medication

stopper2
17-02-2013, 05:34 PM
Sickening? Recent months? Get back on the medication
What Bridges has actually done/achieved at this club is totally disproportionate to the esteem he is held with in the media and a lot of supporters in this town. He is laughably treated like some club legend. I would call Griffo and Carle legends and to a lesser extent North, Elrich and Thommo. If Bridges can back up Friday nights performance for the rest of the season and get us into the GF with some goals and assists, I will galdly accept what all the hoopla is about, until then......

Blackmac79
17-02-2013, 05:53 PM
If bridges gets us to a grandfinal I will happily hold him with some esteem.

However so far he has helped us to two years without finals football (Y)

Jetmaster
17-02-2013, 06:13 PM
Bridges contributions are more off the park. He has been a leader through two major off field crises. He deserves respect for that....he could have gone elsewhere but refused to.

My2BobsWorth
17-02-2013, 06:15 PM
The last two posts are a good example of how ****ing ridiculous the anti Bridgey brigade have become.
Not Jetmaster, he snuk in, but he is 1/2 wrong also
Also the reason the journo was talking bout Bridgey and not the children, is exactly the same reason you're talking bout him.
But the ridiculous thing is, you both say, "if Bridgey can get us into the final". WTF
Lastly Zad had a terrible game, but not a thing about it, almost cost us a goal, continually passed backwards, lobbed the long ball, had a few long shots which missed. Only one that looked out of place. IMO

prawnhead
17-02-2013, 06:17 PM
Bridges contributions are more off the park. He has been a leader through two major off field crises. He deserves respect for that....he could have gone elsewhere but refused to.

Can vouch first hand that Bridgey is an absolute quality guy in all areas off the park. And the boy can play a bit too.

westjet
17-02-2013, 08:28 PM
The last two posts are a good example of how ****ing ridiculous the anti Bridgey brigade have become.

Don't see how they are. As a member of the anti bridges brigade I personally am judging him by his efforts since he first came to Newcastle and I am struggling to remember times when he has been the dominant player he keeps being made out to be. He is a leader but unfortunately he isn't the leader we need on the field anymore (would quite happily have him take on a role with the youth team). Look at the impact of Broich, Rogic, Flores etc and how when they got their chance they grabbed it and never gave anyone else a chance - they have controlled their teams from the start and for consistent lengths of time (and can last 90 minutes). When has bridges done that in his time at the jets (and yes gve hasnt given him much chance this year - but what about all the other years)?

stopper2
17-02-2013, 09:03 PM
Not Jetmaster, he snuk in, but he is 1/2 wrong also
Also the reason the journo was talking bout Bridgey and not the children, is exactly the same reason you're talking bout him.
But the ridiculous thing is, you both say, "if Bridgey can get us into the final". WTF
Lastly Zad had a terrible game, but not a thing about it, almost cost us a goal, continually passed backwards, lobbed the long ball, had a few long shots which missed. Only one that looked out of place. IMO
Yeah terrible game....kept going for the full 90 minutes, won the ball numerous times in critical positions, made some crunching tackles; a real inspiring captains performance of which we've come accustomed to this season!!!
Not anti-Bridges at all, just anti the hype that surrounds him. Just my opinion but I think that he is yet to live up to that hype.

Thomas477
17-02-2013, 09:15 PM
I like Bridgey over Brown in the #10 role purely because I think he offers more creativity, vision and willingness than Brown has. Not that I'm saying Brown is a bad player, but he hasn't played well this season and could do with a prolonged stint in the NYL until he starts bossing it again and then come back to the 1sts. Taggart could also do well in that role, but I don't think he has the creativity of Bridges yet. Cooper looked good as well, but he isn't really tested at HAL level yet either.

Just never play Griff there again, please. I love Griff but he's not a #10.

seldom
17-02-2013, 09:20 PM
I really dont care if bridges plays or not tbh...would just like a little more team stability and now we've beaten heart with him playing,maybe stick with him. As for him being a newcastle legend lol

hawk
17-02-2013, 09:46 PM
I really dont care if bridges plays or not tbh...would just like a little more team stability and now we've beaten heart with him playing,maybe stick with him. As for him being a newcastle legend lol

this

northern_swan
17-02-2013, 09:50 PM
I just want to see a team that puts in for the shirt and plays an attractive brand of football. I believe that the squad that was selected had the potential to do that, and delivered on that potential. I don't give two shits if the player is 17 or 37. If I'm paying my hard earned on watching a team, I'd rather see what we saw on Friday night, rather than the slop GVE has been dishing up for the previous month or so.
Dunno if that's too much to ask, but I think I'm in tune with the average punter by wanting this :soapbox:

Buddha
17-02-2013, 10:58 PM
My2BobsWorth = Bridges. I still don't see what he offers that Hoole can't offer in that #10. I'd even put a fit Kanta in there, when I played rep with him, that was the position he played, and ****ing killed it. It gave me the horn

Rocknerd
18-02-2013, 10:39 AM
A team needs experience, I've not been a huge supporter of Bridges, but adding him into the mix brought experience and a little composure to the mids. I can't remember the last time in 2 years that I was as excited watching a game as I was on Friday.

Youth bring a lot of exuberance and potential but experience helps to calm them and direct it the right way. If Bridges is the key to settling our Midfield then I say 1 more year. the truth will be whether he continues to play the way he did in the next match and away to Melbourne. If he can't continue this form then see you latter but you have to admit it was fantastic.

pv4
18-02-2013, 11:17 AM
i am yet to watch the game, but have a couple of points i thought i'd throw out there:

- people seem to be ott excited by a victory against a team that is literally the shittest away travelling team in the comp. they haven't won away all season, and i'm led to believe haven't even done so since december 2011.
- judging solely by the stats, bridges still gives the ball away so very much. something along the lines of 20-25 successful passes (1 key), 10 unsuccessful passes + 2 unsuccessful crosses, no successful dribbles. compare this with (and i know they're different positions, but the percentages still are way too high for bridges) caravella, rubez, griff's stats and bridges was a bad-standout in percentages of turnovers.
- finally our socceroo gets a gig. bout freaking time

Grimario
18-02-2013, 11:25 AM
Look at the impact of Broich, Flores etc and how when they got their chance they grabbed it and never gave anyone else a chance - they have controlled their teams from the start and for consistent lengths of time

Lol at this. Broich and Flores have been steaming turd this year. MV fans are constantly ranting about how poor Flores has been and many wishing KFC was back. Broice and Brisbane in general have been abysmal.

I am pro-Bridges for his off the park work and Bridges neutral on the park. He has flashes of almost-brilliance but gives the ball away at least as much as Brown did. On the upside though, some of his distribution and decision making is/was miles better than Brown... and the downside, he doesn't have the legs to do it for a whole match. I want him to succeed because he genuinely seems like a great bloke AND, if he succeeds, there is a fair chance it means good things for us on the park in a pivotal position.

plague
18-02-2013, 11:33 AM
Nah pv4. You need to watch the game.
I'm no Bridges fanboy at all but I'd say he contributed to the win.
Dropped deep to pick up the ball. Made himself room and time with some neat turns and dummies. Looked to play others in.
Looked quite energetic considering lack of game time.
I think his effort gets him another go next week.
I just want to see a winning team given the confidence by being trusted to get the job done again.
As for Heart being shit, well the amount of times your Perths/Wellingtons have rocked up here on the back of poor form and kick our arses mean that a win is a win.

plague
18-02-2013, 11:35 AM
Having said that I thought similar to Bernados only real start for us at home (game eludes me now) and we never heard from him again so what the **** do I know.

Bon
18-02-2013, 11:36 AM
Nah pv4. You need to watch the game.
I'm no Bridges fanboy at all but I'd say he contributed to the win.
Dropped deep to pick up the ball. Made himself room and time with some neat turns and dummies. Looked to play others in.
Looked quite energetic considering lack of game time.
I think his effort gets him another go next week.
I just want to see a winning team given the confidence by being trusted to get the job done again.
As for Heart being shit, well the amount of times your Perths/Wellingtons have rocked up here on the back of poor form and kick our arses mean that a win is a win.

Plague, I'm not used to you writing stuff without sarcasm or some underlying slander or humour.. (Unless I havent detected it in this message, hahaha)
Please go back and re-write it the way you normally would..

plague
18-02-2013, 11:53 AM
Plague, I'm not used to you writing stuff without sarcasm or some underlying slander or humour.. (Unless I havent detected it in this message, hahaha)
Please go back and re-write it the way you normally would..

I'm still in shock from us winning and playing some good football.
Screwed my whole mojo up.
Might go stare at the lolzturtle for a while to try and get back in the groove.

#prayforme

Thomas477
18-02-2013, 12:23 PM
- judging solely by the stats, bridges still gives the ball away so very much. something along the lines of 20-25 successful passes (1 key), 10 unsuccessful passes + 2 unsuccessful crosses, no successful dribbles. compare this with (and i know they're different positions, but the percentages still are way too high for bridges) caravella, rubez, griff's stats and bridges was a bad-standout in percentages of turnovers.

He may well have, but we looked much better going forward with him than any other #10 we've played this season. Was always looking to get involved in the play and I felt like we always had a chance to score when going forward with Bridges as the #10.

howardyou
18-02-2013, 09:23 PM
He may well have, but we looked much better going forward with him than any other #10 we've played this season. Was always looking to get involved in the play and I felt like we always had a chance to score when going forward with Bridges as the #10.

Agreed. Stats cannot always reveal the entire truth. We looked more positive than we have in the last two years.

true waterboy
18-02-2013, 11:00 PM
I for one am glad to see bridges play, means cooper will get a solid 40 minutes when he replaces him

#fitness