PDA

View Full Version : The Moofie Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

furns
27-06-2012, 03:55 PM
Have to get the ball rolling by posting a pic of Scarletts arse in Avengers
http://herodistrict.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Jeremy-Renner-Scarlett-Johansson-Avengers-Costumes.jpg

and hoping this version is better than Sylvester Stallones ridiculous effort

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PifvRiHVSCY

Skirt Boy
27-06-2012, 04:16 PM
Have to get the ball rolling by posting a pic of Scarletts arse in Avengers
http://herodistrict.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Jeremy-Renner-Scarlett-Johansson-Avengers-Costumes.jpg

Looks like she has put on a bit of fat on the arse..........

q-money
27-06-2012, 04:30 PM
i'd put a bit of fat in her arse amirite

pistolpete
27-06-2012, 04:40 PM
i'd put a bit of fat in her arse amirite

you are quite right

Bon
12-07-2012, 10:46 AM
The Dark Knight Rises, 19th July..
Pretty pumped to check this out at the movies..

Has anyone gone and seen Ted yet? Word is that it is pretty damn good..

pv4
12-07-2012, 10:47 AM
pretty lulz that guys want to see a movie about a teddy bear and girls want to see a movie about strippers at the moment..

Superdylan
12-07-2012, 10:48 AM
Has anyone gone and seen Ted yet? Word is that it is pretty damn good..

Haha yes, saw it last Friday afternoon up at reading Charlestown. Worth going to see. The teddy bear is played by Seth McFarland (family guy creator)

Bon
12-07-2012, 10:52 AM
Haha yes, saw it last Friday afternoon up at reading Charlestown. Worth going to see. The teddy bear is played by Seth McFarland (family guy creator)

Yeah, I've heard that if you dig your Family Guy then you will like Ted.. Not to mention Mila Kunis.. Alllllllright..

parksey
12-07-2012, 11:51 AM
Yeah it's pretty funny. It does suffer from the inclusive American jokes that Family Guy have at times but other than that it'll get a few big laughs from you.

Superdylan
12-07-2012, 05:17 PM
Yeah that Mila Kunis is a stunner, didn't realise she used to date Macaulay Culkin (kid in home alone)

Goes to show how much I know my movies

Btw is Men in black worth going to see?

furns
22-07-2012, 11:35 PM
Team America on ONE. Still hilarious.

Rocknerd
23-07-2012, 03:56 PM
So has everyone seen The Dark Knight Rises?

****ing Awesome movie!

Best trillogy since the original Star Wars

WolfMan
23-07-2012, 07:50 PM
So has everyone seen The Dark Knight Rises?

****ing Awesome movie!

Best trillogy since the original Star Wars

Yes, saw it Friday Night...erection had subsided by kickoff of our match Saturday. Just.

Superdylan
23-07-2012, 08:30 PM
Just a question what's everyone's favorite movie joint in Newcastle. I'm pretty sure I've only been to reading since it opened. Does the Newcastle cinema in town still have shit seating?

Jeterpool
24-07-2012, 07:11 AM
Just a question what's everyone's favorite movie joint in Newcastle. I'm pretty sure I've only been to reading since it opened. Does the Newcastle cinema in town still have shit seating?

Not sure. Havent been there in years. I've been going to Glendale. They are charging $8.50 adult tickets for any movie. VMax is $10.50.

Pretty good value. Seats in basic cinemas are uncomfortable though. Lots of shifting required during Dark Knight Rises.

Seen Ted and DKR recently, enjoyed Ted, Dark Knight Rises was epic.

parksey
25-07-2012, 12:19 AM
Just got back from seeing TDKR for the second time. Even if there has been a lot of hype, it's hard to be disappointed with this film.

Jeterpool
25-07-2012, 07:42 AM
Just got back from seeing TDKR for the second time. Even if there has been a lot of hype, it's hard to be disappointed with this film.

Did you find it better the second time?

tommy_v
25-07-2012, 11:42 AM
thought the dark knight was much better.

the ending was great tho

parksey
25-07-2012, 12:12 PM
Did you find it better the second time?

Yeah I felt like I could take it all in a bit better. I understood pretty much everything Bane said this time too.

WolfMan
25-07-2012, 08:11 PM
I understood pretty much everything Bane said this time too.

I am quite good at lip-reading, so it was a cinch for me....

parksey
25-07-2012, 08:21 PM
I am quite good at lip-reading, so it was a cinch for me....

http://www.newcastlefootball.net/forums/images/smilies/Untitled-1.gif

pv4
01-08-2012, 09:39 PM
just watched tdkr - wow

russjaybee
02-08-2012, 12:14 PM
Forgot to re-visit this thread.

Watched TDKR a week or so back and honestly was not that impressed.

About 2 hrs in to the movie I found my self thinking, "this movie has not really been that great, certainly nothing mind blowing about it". Of course the end was great but still, I don't think I would even call it a "classic". The trilogy as a whole are great but the movie certainly did not live up to the hype some people had been going on about. Certainly not 'the best film of our generation' like I have seem some tout. For example I would still hold The Matrix over this.

IMO.

Rocknerd
02-08-2012, 01:01 PM
Forgot to re-visit this thread.

Watched TDKR a week or so back and honestly was not that impressed.

About 2 hrs in to the movie I found my self thinking, "this movie has not really been that great, certainly nothing mind blowing about it". Of course the end was great but still, I don't think I would even call it a "classic". The trilogy as a whole are great but the movie certainly did not live up to the hype some people had been going on about. Certainly not 'the best film of our generation' like I have seem some tout. For example I would still hold The Matrix over this.

IMO.

The Matrix was one great film and two poor follow ups. TDKR is ten times the trilogy that the Matrix will ever be. there were so many great mommetns throughout TDKR and great personal momments between characters. Plus the cinematography was brilliant, JGL was great throughout and the villians were as evil as Ras Al' Goul, uncompromising, and completely focused on their task that their own personal vendetta's allowed for a cataclismic ending of epic propotions.

If you didn't love it I'm sorry, perhaps you should see it again when it comes out on DVD/Blur Ray and watch the whole trilogy and you'll come around.

parksey
02-08-2012, 01:06 PM
I actually think the Matrix sequels get a bad wrap. Revolutions isn't great at times, especially the cheesy moments during the battle at Zion, but I never really got all the hate. They're not as good as the first one though.

TDKR just starts with a bang and then goes through a lot of stuff, not saying that I found that part boring, to set up the epic second half of the film.

Rocknerd
02-08-2012, 01:24 PM
The build up is there to lay the foundations for the Ultimate ending. I found nothing boring about it and was suprised that I didn't notice the movement of time (as I did with the Dark Knight due to the false endings)

But when you look at the trilogies of our generation, Matrix, Star Wars Prequels, Lord of the Rings and The dark Knight. Batman is the clear winner with the pure Awesomeness of Characters, use of CGI (as it was limited to the only when necesay) and overall story line and scripting. Nolan had a direction and followed it, the others either dragged on to the point of boredom or became silly.

pv4
02-08-2012, 02:08 PM
IMO.

fyo

russjaybee
02-08-2012, 02:26 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but TDKR is a movie in The Dark Knight trilogy.
I was strictly reviewing the movie, I didn't compare it to the matrix trilogy at all (we all know the first movie is much stronger than the second two).

As I said, I think the trilogy as a whole are fantastic and the atmosphere throughout is great. I just did not find the final movie to be breath taking, yes it was good but I just don't think it's as momentous as many people make it out to be, I don't think it's a "game changer".

SPOILER ALERT YOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (soz)

There were several times during the movie I was a little disappointed.
The "pit" Bruce was thrown in to was built up hugely as "hell on earth" etc but he was cared for and even helped and encouraged by the other inmates. The jail itself didn't seem to test him at all, in fact it gave him good protection and a perfect place to rejuvenate his strength etc.
Also the way Ras al goul's daughter died was really disappointing considering she really was the main villain in the end. Particularly when you compare the physical trauma Robin managed to deal with when he rolled his car.
The COPS vs BANES MEN scene where you see a pack of cops running at a group of men with assault rifles. Ridiculous. Also there seemed to be very few cops hitting the ground when running in to a barrage of bullets.
Zee lack of bloooooooooodddddddd! Come on it's meant to be raw and gritty! Pffft pg 13 + :(

YES I KNOW IM BEING ULTRA CRITICAL. I LIKED THE FILM.

Personally I enjoyed The Dark Knight more.

pv4
02-08-2012, 02:42 PM
phwoar spoiler alert much.

SPOILER ALERT

but i agree in that the daughter + even bane's death were very unglorious. bane was literally tossed like a ragdoll, and barely any attention was paid to it, even though he was seemingly the main villain for the majority of the film.

but imo that movie was the bomb. i got all glassy-eyed at the part that everyone knows that has seen it.

tommy_v
02-08-2012, 10:54 PM
SPOILER ALERT YOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (soz)

There were several times during the movie I was a little disappointed.
The "pit" Bruce was thrown in to was built up hugely as "hell on earth" etc but he was cared for and even helped and encouraged by the other inmates. The jail itself didn't seem to test him at all, in fact it gave him good protection and a perfect place to rejuvenate his strength etc.

Personally I enjoyed The Dark Knight more.

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die" ???

plague
26-08-2012, 09:13 PM
New Batman.
Saw it today finally.
expected a lot.
it was way better than expected.
good job by all.

plague
31-10-2012, 10:24 PM
So Disney swapped $4billion for Lucasfilm.
This is the best rant that represents the majority of people I know over the age of 30.
Link here: http://updates.gawker.com/post/34669507116/on-looking-forward-to-the-prospect-of-being?utm_campaign=socialflow_gawker_twitter&utm_source=gawker_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

I grew up with the Star Wars trilogy and I count myself among the millions of people who have disavowed the prequel trilogy, accused George Lucas of childhood rape (LEGITIMATE CHILDHOOD RAPE), and cursed Lucasfilm for cunningly blending the original trilogy and prequel characters together in virtually all Star Wars children’s merchandise. I couldn’t keep my children from those ****ing Jar Jar movies if I tried. BECAUSE GEORGE LUCAS IS A BEARDED SHIT DEMON WHO WILL DO ANYTHING FOR MONEY.

And now this. I don’t think I’m alone in dreading the idea of paying another goddamn red cent for a Star Wars movie ticket after Lucas made three terrible movies and went back to monkeyfart with the older, better ones, ruining them in the process (They are no longer magic now that the yub yub song is gone! I demand they be as awe-inspiring as when I saw them at four years old!).

But deep down, I already know I’m gonna see every shitty, horrible Star Wars movie that Disney pumps out. It’s like rooting for a sports team that never wins anything (or more accurately, a sports team that won three titles thirty years ago and hasn’t won a game since). The fact that the franchise is under new ownership doesn’t change my blind, stupid loyalty. You always come crawling back, and you hate yourself for it every time. I hate the fact that Lucas got to cash out to the tune of $4 billion after supposedly guarding his precious Star Wars storyline so closely. I hate that he sold it to a company that has already scheduled a new movie without even bothering to work on things like, I dunno, a plot. And I REALLY ****ing hate the idea of someone not named Harrison Ford playing Han Solo. Some asshole at Disney is gonna greenlight Taylor Lautner as Han and then the Internet will die. There are so many things that can go wrong with this coming trilogy that it’s hard to imagine it not being completely ****ed, just another horrible dilution of a once beloved pop culture artifact, like the past ten seasons of “The Simpsons.”

And yet, I’m going to sit here like a rube for the next three years and privately hope that somehow—despite all evidence to the contrary and despite the fact that no movie can ever equal the milestone movie moments of your childhood—this thing turns out to be awesome. After all, Lucas’ grubby little fingers won’t be on this new edition of Star Wars. The brilliance of the original trilogy is that Lucas ceded screenwriting and directorial control to other people for the final two thirds of it. Nerdy Internet nerds were praying he’d do the same for the prequels, only to watch as he micromanaged them into a pile of half-animated dogshit.

Now the series is finally free from Lucas’ ambling, simplistic vision. The names “Abrams” and “Whedon” have and will be tossed out five billion times in the next year or so, with the idea that there’s someone out there who adores the original trilogy and has the creative force to bring the new movies up to that impossible standard. But then again, who the **** wants that job? Money aside, who wants to sit there for three years working feverishly on a movie that they know everyone will see just so they can shit all over it? It would probably be easier for Disney to hire some random asshole and base the new trilogy off of one of those Star Wars novels that are beloved only by strange, horrible people. The whole idea of Luke Skywalker running some Jedi Academy makes my asshole itch.

But still, I’m gonna be there. I’m gonna be there on opening night with all the aggressive nerds wearing costumes and anticipating this seventh Star Wars with balled fists, praying for the best but ready to be outraged that we got something far less. I feel like such a jackass for getting sucked into all this again. But it’ll happen. We can’t help it. That’s why George Lucas just walked off with four billion to spend on sail barges and Slave Leia hookers. ****ing Lucas.

-Drew Magary
@drewmagagry

Thomas477
31-10-2012, 10:43 PM
I'm under 30 and seeing that Disney has taken over production of new Star Wars movies fills me with A New Hope. Look at the Marvel movies recently. The Avengers was awesome and most of the other Marvel movies (Thor, Capo America, Iron Man, Hulk etc) have been good.

Disney just need to put the time and effort into making these films good and they will rake in the $, £, € & ¥. Personally I would like to see them go with an ageing Luke, Han and Leia "passing on the baton" so to speak to Ben Skywalker etc. They cannot get away with putting it straight after the Battle of Endor, given the ages of the actors and there is no doubt that the world would rise as one against other actors playing adult versions of Luke, Leia and Han.

Also, 2015 FFS. The Avengers 2, Justice League of America and Star Wars VII. That's a very solid line up.

furns
31-10-2012, 11:20 PM
Agree with that blog posted above - however if you want a director who is a Star Wars tragic and wouldnt want to **** it up - go for Kevin Smith. Jersey Girl and Cop Out notwithstanding.......

Although he probably wouldnt touch it with a barge pole.

BodyNovo
01-11-2012, 08:19 AM
its disney...

it will be star wars cuddle battles with the ewoks.

parksey
01-11-2012, 02:25 PM
i reckon it'll be sweet. tom hanks to play the new sith lord.

pv4
01-11-2012, 02:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHFy3YWpRx8

Rocknerd
01-11-2012, 03:25 PM
I have no love for this! the prequel was an abomination and any further adding to the films will only weaken their awesomeness.

Why can't we just leave it in cartoon and comic book form.

Checkout the return of Darth Mall, Tom Taylor wrote the story and it is awesome!

Bon
08-11-2012, 09:05 AM
I just saw Prometheus for the first time the other night..
It was pretty damn good.. Obviously I was high, but still couldnt shake the feeling that it was a bit cheesy and shitty in parts.. I think I'll have to give it a sober run through.. (Sounds like what I say about every Jets game replay, haha)

plague
08-11-2012, 09:50 AM
Anyone seen Argo yet?
Heard its sposed to be good. But Affleck is involved so that makes me nervous.
Although the Town was ok so maybe he's good now.
Thoughts?

parksey
08-11-2012, 01:34 PM
I just saw Prometheus for the first time the other night..
It was pretty damn good.. Obviously I was high, but still couldnt shake the feeling that it was a bit cheesy and shitty in parts.. I think I'll have to give it a sober run through.. (Sounds like what I say about every Jets game replay, haha)

I was pretty excited about it but I ended up not going to see it in the cinemas because of the bad reviews it was getting. I saw it on DVD a few weeks back and thought it was enjoyable enough, but you can see why it got criticised. Like you say it's so cheesy at times and the script is pretty terrible. Visually it's awesome.

Argo looks great, I love The Town and I think Affleck is a good director and actor.

Bon
19-12-2012, 01:04 PM
I watched Looper the other night.. It was AWESOME!
I'm actually pretty surprised that it hasnt been written about more..
Definitely recommend it..

pv4
19-12-2012, 01:14 PM
agree with prometheus - was great but a lot did seem cheesy. am i right in my understanding that they're going to make a sequel to it, but with the intention to divert away from the alien storyline?

watched the new 007 movie - absolutely amazing. go watch it. there's a lot to take from it that i think they're setting craig's next two bond movies up for a pretty different style of bond movie - i wouldn't exactly say i'm keen for it but it'll be interesting.

goaliepersempre
19-12-2012, 01:25 PM
still need to go see bond.

pistolpete
19-12-2012, 03:01 PM
I watched Looper the other night.. It was AWESOME!
I'm actually pretty surprised that it hasnt been written about more..
Definitely recommend it..

Yeah i watched that yesterday and thought it was a top movie

LINGERA
19-12-2012, 03:05 PM
I was pretty excited about it but I ended up not going to see it in the cinemas because of the bad reviews it was getting. I saw it on DVD a few weeks back and thought it was enjoyable enough, but you can see why it got criticised. Like you say it's so cheesy at times and the script is pretty terrible. Visually it's awesome.

Prometheus was 10/10, absolutely nothing to fault and leaves so much open and to anticipate for the sequels.

Bon i have a question for you. How did the rainmaker send old joe back to the past if it was old joe who was responsible for creating the rainmaker, hence the rainmaker cannot exist until... the rainmaker sends old joe back in time.???? brain explosion.

Bon
19-12-2012, 03:09 PM
Bon i have a question for you. How did the rainmaker send old joe back to the past if it was old joe who was responsible for creating the rainmaker, hence the rainmaker cannot exist until... the rainmaker sends old joe back in time.???? brain explosion.

Dude.. I've got to read your question a few more times before I can even try to rationalise an explanation.. :roflz:
Thats what I really enjoyed about the movie, it got you thinking about everything..

LINGERA
19-12-2012, 03:45 PM
its the old chicken before the egg scenario. its a massive plot hole with most time travel movies.

Bon
19-12-2012, 03:51 PM
Where is Captain Obvious to say it was a loop in the plot..

LINGERA
19-12-2012, 04:01 PM
plot hole being it is impossible for the loop to ever start

Bon
19-12-2012, 04:06 PM
plot hole being it is impossible for the loop to ever start

I was agreeing with you, just trying to be a smart guy dropping puns.. However, I worded it poorly.. haha

Captain Obvious
19-12-2012, 05:45 PM
Where is Captain Obvious to say it was a loop in the plot..

So a movie about time travel that used actors to pretend to be people had something in it that you found hard to believe.

Gotcha.

sh10
19-12-2012, 05:47 PM
So a movie about time travel that used actors to pretend to be people had something in it that you found hard to believe.

Gotcha.

My favourite part is when people pick out plot holes in cartoons that feature talking animals

LINGERA
20-12-2012, 03:47 PM

Gotcha.

there is a big difference between hard to believe and not possible.

Bon
06-03-2013, 08:25 PM
I watched The Usual Suspects for the first time the other night..
Had no idea what it was or anything that it was about, just heard that it was good..
Watched it and found out it was insanely good..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj5vERbLtYI&feature=share

skippy
06-03-2013, 09:33 PM
Had no idea what it was or anything that it was about, just heard that it was good..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj5vERbLtYI&feature=share

top movie...

watched seven psychopaths the other day.

Don't waste your time.

q-money
06-03-2013, 10:58 PM
one of the greats

plague
06-03-2013, 11:16 PM

You and I can now officially be friends.
Great great great great movie.

Jeterpool
07-03-2013, 09:15 AM
i'll have to give it a go! Sounds good.

Beware also - if you wife/partner/social director/significant other tries to sell you "Safe Haven" as a thriller movie don't get sucked in. It's not. Very far from it! Urgh

pv4
07-03-2013, 09:38 AM

have you seen In Bruges?

deadset one of my favourite movies ever.

Grimario
07-03-2013, 10:44 AM
Watched Wreck It Ralph last night. Loved it, lots of references that non-nerds or younger kids wouldn't get at all.

skippy
07-03-2013, 04:23 PM
have you seen In Bruges?

deadset one of my favourite movies ever.

"Ken, I grew up in Dublin. I love Dublin. If I grew up on a farm, and was retarded, Bruges might impress me but I didn't, so it doesn't."

Some classic quotes in it

plague
07-03-2013, 08:29 PM
If you want a movie that you can switch your brain off for a couple of hours and really enjoy can i please recommend Fast and Furious 5.
(ok stay with me here lads, i know you're laughing right now).
I think I've seen most of the first one in this franchise and thought nothing more of it until someone recommended this. You dont have to see the other ones to know whats going on. As I said its no masterpiece but if you like movies like Die Hard etc that are entertaining and know how to not take themselves too seriously then give it a look. The Rock is in it and does pretty well.
I also think that the final chase scene stacks up against just about any movie of its kind. Its really quite amazing.
so as i said, switch your brain off, turn the sound up and enjoy.
oh and this chick is in it, and she is amazing.
http://makeup411.com/411_product_images/3538_Gal-Gadot_Fast-and-Furious.gif
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-RaKkwj9B-FE/TccRKs60WPI/AAAAAAAAIhU/CTlxovOMeWA/s1600/Gal%2BGadot%2Bin%2BFast%2BFive.jpg
http://www.joblo.com/newsimages1/gal-gadot2.jpg

Grimario
30-03-2013, 10:41 PM
Just watched Bernie. Jack Black is absolutely brilliant, fast moving up my list of favourite actors.

Grimario
31-03-2013, 01:22 AM

Don't waste your time.

Just finished watching it. Thought it was fantastic.

Grimario
09-05-2013, 03:49 PM
Just saw Into Darkness. Very good, Cumberbatch was excellent.

belchardo
17-07-2013, 12:42 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/filmblog/quiz/2013/jul/16/quiz-die-hard-test-your-knowledge

i got 20 out of 20.

furns
21-07-2013, 09:03 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BPpOGnQCcAACSQ0.jpg
I really hope that this could be awesome, bet ya Zack Snyder screws it up spectacularly

plague
22-07-2013, 08:19 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/filmblog/quiz/2013/jul/16/quiz-die-hard-test-your-knowledge

i got 20 out of 20.

Not possible.
That's because there are questions about a 'Die Hard 3' which as we all know was never made.
It went:
1. Die Hard.
2. Die Hard 2.
3. 17 year gap.
4. Die Hard 4.0

plague
22-07-2013, 08:21 PM
Thought Zero Dark 30 was ok.
Obviously you know the ending but it's pretty well made.

parksey
22-07-2013, 09:55 PM
saw "this is the end" tonight.

i know a lot of you guys probably aren't into that type of crude humour but i am and i thought it was ****ing hilarious.

Grimario
02-08-2013, 10:57 PM
Saw the other movie about the end tonight... The World's End. ****ing loved it, better first impression than when I first saw Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz so expecting it to be even better on repeat viewing.

Jeterpool
03-08-2013, 06:52 AM
Saw the other movie about the end tonight... The World's End. ****ing loved it, better first impression than when I first saw Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz so expecting it to be even better on repeat viewing.

Great! I'm really looking forward to seeing this one too

parksey
03-08-2013, 11:10 AM

How have you seen this already!?

Grimario
03-08-2013, 11:41 AM
How have you seen this already!?

It came out on Thursday?

parksey
03-08-2013, 04:43 PM
What!?

Thought it wasn't supposed to come out for a month!

militiamon
03-08-2013, 04:52 PM
Want to see it together parksey?

Yes, like a date.

Grimario
03-08-2013, 04:52 PM
What!?

Thought it wasn't supposed to come out for a month!

Nah, 1st August.

Bon
03-08-2013, 08:15 PM

Yes, like a date.

I'll go with you..
But I better warn you that I won't put out immediately.. Parkesy is a slut and will do anything for a free large popcorn.. hahaha

pv4
03-08-2013, 08:39 PM
Nf.net movie night?

militiamon
03-08-2013, 10:33 PM
I'll go with you..
But I better warn you that I won't put out immediately.. Parkesy is a slut and will do anything for a free large popcorn.. hahaha

:rof:

Nf.net movie night?

Yes. It will be more expensive than watching a Jets game, but unlike a Jets game we won't know the result before it starts.

List of people going so far:

1. militiamon
2. parksey
3. Bon
4. pv4
5. SD (surely)
6. MFKS (hopefully)

plague can be the concerned parent who drives us all there and picks us up.

q-money
03-08-2013, 11:17 PM
i will go if mfks goes

5. SD (surely)

pv4
04-08-2013, 08:17 AM
Nf.net Movie Knight :rof:

Should go for a feed beforehand, have a meat n greet.

Glendale cinemas have $8.50 tickets.

Should we invite middleby and gve?

Grimario
04-08-2013, 09:43 AM
Glendale cinemas have $8.50 tickets.

Glendale cinemas also smell like 10 years of accumulated urine soaked into the carpets.

Take a van of people up to Hedon Greta, $50 per vehicle :gent:

parksey
04-08-2013, 11:31 AM

Yes, like a date.

i think we can both agree that i can do much better.

but i am definitely going to see it sometime this week. during the day because im working errnight. so if you wanna do a day sesh im probs in.

militiamon
04-08-2013, 04:31 PM
Sounds good to me. I can do Monday before 1, Tuesday after 1, and Wednesday after 3.

Invite your sister plz.

BodyNovo
15-11-2013, 11:24 AM
went and saw bad grandpa last night with Parksey

can confirm the movie was politically incorrect & hilarious.

also can confirm parksey shares his popcorn.

russjaybee
02-02-2014, 04:33 PM
Finally watching Network (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074958/) which I've wanted to watch for a while after first learning of it via a COG sample.

Really enjoying it so far.

The Dunster
02-02-2014, 04:46 PM
Network is a great movie.

plague
03-02-2014, 07:30 PM

Yes. It will be more expensive than watching a Jets game, but unlike a Jets game we won't know the result before it starts.

List of people going so far:

1. militiamon
2. parksey
3. Bon
4. pv4
5. SD (surely)
6. MFKS (hopefully)

plague can be the concerned parent who drives us all there and picks us up.

Only just saw this.
You blokes realise I'm not that old dont you?
Nor am I concerned.
Also, how the hell is the good Member going to be able to stay quiet for 2 hours? Bloke might self combust.

but I am a parent (damn DNA tests!!!!).

sh10
03-02-2014, 07:47 PM
Also, how the hell is the good Member going to be able to stay quiet for 2 hours? Bloke might self combust.

plague
08-02-2014, 10:22 PM
Wolf of Wall Street was pretty good IMHO.
Enjoyed it very much.

plague
27-06-2014, 04:15 PM
ok, im actually being very serious here but has anyone else seen the Lego movie?
I thought it was quite brilliant.

Worth a look if you have any of the following:
-OCD
-Kids
-an upbringing involving lego
-parents who forgot what it was like to be kids
-a lack of imagination
-a big imagination.

Also just watched Anchorman 2. Not bad.

Grimario
27-06-2014, 06:34 PM
Saw it at THE DRIVE IN a few weekends ago. I too thought it was excellent. Actually going again this weekend to see a double feature is how to train your Dragon 2 and 22 jump Street. Sequels galore!

Jeterpool
27-06-2014, 07:29 PM
Also just watched Anchorman 2. Not bad.

I found all the jokes to be repeated from the first one but stretched out 25% longer. I struggled with it.

Bon
27-06-2014, 08:44 PM
I found all the jokes to be repeated from the first one but stretched out 25% longer. I struggled with it.

Yeah I haven't seen the second one yet, but have heard mixed reviews..
I would be down for the Lego Movie as I tick several of plagues boxes on it..

pv4
26-11-2014, 09:18 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFinNxS5KN4

I have many things to be excited for next year, but I think this is currently leading the pack. So freaking keen!

pv4
08-12-2014, 07:43 AM
Saw Interstellar last night. Absolutely loved it!

pv4
08-12-2014, 07:46 AM
ok, im actually being very serious here but has anyone else seen the Lego movie?
I thought it was quite brilliant.

Worth a look if you have any of the following:
-OCD
-Kids
-an upbringing involving lego
-parents who forgot what it was like to be kids
-a lack of imagination
-a big imagination.

I watched this when I was 3/4 of the way through reading George Orwell's 1984, and I had no idea that the movie was based off the book. So needless to say, I absolutely lost my shit, in a good way, when I watched it.

Looking past the whole kids movie thing - it was a genuinely good movie. And did 1984 a lot of justice, as far as it could.

Jeterpool
08-12-2014, 07:59 AM
I watched this when I was 3/4 of the way through reading George Orwell's 1984, and I had no idea that the movie was based off the book. So needless to say, I absolutely lost my shit, in a good way, when I watched it.

Looking past the whole kids movie thing - it was a genuinely good movie. And did 1984 a lot of justice, as far as it could.

Neither did I. It has been years since I read it, but it would be interesting if you're reading it now to compare. There you go.

pv4
08-12-2014, 08:01 AM
Neither did I. It has been years since I read it, but it would be interesting if you're reading it now to compare. There you go.

Deadset, that book hit me for six. Absolutely loved it, but was rocked by it too. The only reason I read it was because I knew it was famous for being a classic, but man I was happy I did.

I haven't actually bothered to look into whether the Lego Movie was actually based off it or not, but there is WAY too many similarities between the two that I'm 95% confident it was.

Grimario
08-12-2014, 09:00 AM

Saw it post Jets debacle. Agree, was immense

Bon
08-12-2014, 09:08 AM
I haven't seen Interstellar, but a good mate of mine wouldn't stop banging on about it the other night..
Pretty much said its the best thing hes ever seen, that the visuals are insane and that he was glad he hadnt taken anything before seeing it on the big screen, or else his cranium might have imploded..

I've been hearing some good reviews lately about The Babadook.. Anyone seen it?
Supposedly being hyped as one of the scariest horrors in a long time.. Aussie film too..

Buddha
08-12-2014, 11:23 AM
If you are a keen FM player I suggest you watch "An Alternative Reality, The Football Manager Documentary" pretty good insight into the creation of the game, and people who play it

parksey
08-12-2014, 09:03 PM

i was pretty into it for the most part but i just couldn't stomach that last 30 mins or so.

plague
08-12-2014, 09:18 PM
Movies I've watched lately: most are older as I don't go to the movies (fear of people sitting behind me).
Edge of Tomorrow: Tom Cruise, yes Tom Cruise in a pretty freaking good movie. Very very well made and Emily Blunt oh my dear Lord. Very funny too.
Prisoners: Hugh Jackman, some other bloke. Stressful. Well made, depressing.
The Raid Redemtion: really good. Just a popcorn action movie. Fight scenes are quite epic.

Watched some crap ones too, won't bother going into them.

The Dunster
09-12-2014, 12:16 AM
This is some of the flicks I've seen at cinema or at home over the past year or two.

Edge of Tomorrow was very entertaining. Cruise might be a nutter and all but he's a good bet when it comes to action flicks
American Hustle - Average at best and very predictable. Anyone expecting a Godfather or Wise guys type experience will be most disappointed.
Dallas Buyers Club - ****ing brilliant movie. Definitely worth seeing.
The Inbetweeners 2 - Complete and utter shit compared to the TV series and the previous Movie.
Django - Unchained. Great Movie. Anyone that hates the "MAN" will love this movie.
22 Jump Street - Very funny and probably better than the previous movie.
Guardians of the Galaxy - Hard to imagine anyone not liking this movie. Lots of fun and plenty of action.
Gone Girl - Solid thriller / suspense type drama. Well worth seeing.
Anchorman 2 - Complete shit compared to the Original. Better off looking at the highlights on youtube than sitting though the entire movie.
Lego Movie - A few funny bits but for me it never lived up to the hype.
Muppet Movie - HAs its moments but overall I'd say it's one for the kids only.

pv4
09-12-2014, 06:12 AM
Dallas Buyers Club - ****ing brilliant movie. Definitely worth seeing.
The Inbetweeners 2 - Complete and utter shit compared to the TV series and the previous Movie.
Django - Unchained. Great Movie. Anyone that hates the "MAN" will love this movie.
22 Jump Street - Very funny and probably better than the previous movie.
Guardians of the Galaxy - Hard to imagine anyone not liking this movie. Lots of fun and plenty of action.
Gone Girl - Solid thriller / suspense type drama. Well worth seeing.
Anchorman 2 - Complete shit compared to the Original. Better off looking at the highlights on youtube than sitting though the entire movie.
Lego Movie - A few funny bits but for me it never lived up to the hype.

Responding to the ones I've also seen..

Dallas Buyers was fxxxing terrific, definitely agree! Leto was crazy good in it too!
Inbetweeners 2 absolutely agree. The Show >>>>> Movie 1 >>>>> Movie 2.
Django Unchained is arguably one of my favourite movies ever. That scene with the bandits wearing hoods had me in tears.
22 Jump Street - disagree. I thought 21 was much better. There were some hilarious parts to 22, but overall I thought 21 was better.
Guardians of the Galaxy I refused to watch for ages, because the trailer looked absolute gash. But I was pleasently surprised when I actually saw the movie.
Anchorman 2 agree. Similar to Inbetweeners 2 for me. Still some hilarious bits though.

Jeterpool
09-12-2014, 08:50 AM
American Hustle - Average at best and very predictable. Anyone expecting a Godfather or Wise guys type experience will be most disappointed.

Agree

Thanks - saved me the time

22 Jump Street - Very funny and probably better than the previous movie

I really enjoyed this one too.

Gone Girl - Solid thriller / suspense type drama. Well worth seeing
Heard similar, will see it when it comes out on Bluray

Couldn't agree more. Same jokes, same sort of plot, 30 minutes too long, terrible.

parksey
09-12-2014, 09:43 AM
22 Jump St was the biggest let down of the year for me; I was gutted. 21 Jump St is one of my favourite movies ever.

Buddha
09-12-2014, 10:05 AM
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was absolute poo as well

The Dunster
09-12-2014, 10:10 AM
21 Jump St is one of my favourite movies ever.

My favourite comedy is Dr Strangelove - It's the funniest movie ever made.

plague
09-12-2014, 12:06 PM
Don't no one be talking shit about the Lego movie. I'll throw down if I have to.

Agree with American Hustle though.

I've no idea why Edge of Tomorrow wasn't a monster hit.

Everyone I know loves Django Unchained. I thought it was pretty crap. I need new friends.

Am also worried about Guardians of the Galaxy based on the trailer. Looks lame.

Oh, Gravity was well made for what it was. I've got more thoughts on that movie but they involve spoilers so won't elaborate.

plague
09-12-2014, 12:08 PM
Oh, and black storm troopers huh.

Jeterpool
09-12-2014, 12:13 PM
Don't no one be talking shit about the Lego movie. I'll throw down if I have to.

Agree with American Hustle though.

I've no idea why Edge of Tomorrow wasn't a monster hit.

Everyone I know loves Django Unchained. I thought it was pretty crap. I need new friends.

Oh, Gravity was well made for what it was. I've got more thoughts on that movie but they involve spoilers so won't elaborate.

Guardians of the Galaxy is different to the Avengers. It's a more relaxed type of movie I felt.

MFKS
09-12-2014, 12:15 PM
What did I watch the other day was that Alvin Purple show.

Been too a long time for that classic

WolfMan
09-12-2014, 12:15 PM
Prisoners: Hugh Jackman, some other bloke.

That "other bloke" is Jake Gyllenhaal my friend! Best work he has done was "Donnie Darko", but still, he deserves respect amongst the terrible films he has since appeared in

Nicholas Cage anyone?

Bon
09-12-2014, 12:27 PM
That "other bloke" is Jake Gyllenhaal my friend! Best work he has done was "Donnie Darko", but still, he deserves respect amongst the terrible films he has since appeared in

Nicholas Cage anyone?

Donnie Darko is up there with one of my fave movies.. Just brilliant..

Grimario
09-12-2014, 12:40 PM
It's really not, probably the most fun movie I've seen in the last few years.

Oh, and black storm troopers huh.
Racist.

Also, could be using it as a disguise. Don't think Han and Luke looked like clones...

Also, not all Stormtroopers were clones. They were originally all Fett clones then there were a bunch of other clone batches done on other Outer Rim territories but the bulk of the Imperial Stormtrooper army was enlisted humans (and much later, alien species).

Ahem. :gent:

plague
09-12-2014, 01:09 PM
also, could be using it as a disguise. Don't think han and luke looked like clones...

Also, not all stormtroopers were clones. They were originally all fett clones then there were a bunch of other clone batches done on other outer rim territories but the bulk of the imperial stormtrooper army was enlisted humans (and much later, alien species).

Ahem. :gent:

neeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

plague
09-12-2014, 01:12 PM

Nicholas Cage anyone?

Yeah I know who it was.
I just have a problem with thier whole family after his sister almost RUINED the whole Batman franchise.

Also my only other real Jake G experience was some movie with Jarod Leto when they found some bloke that was half alligator.

Pretty stoned tho.

Bon
09-12-2014, 01:12 PM
Also, not all Stormtroopers were clones. They were originally all Fett clones then there were a bunch of other clone batches done on other Outer Rim territories but the bulk of the Imperial Stormtrooper army was enlisted humans (and much later, alien species).

Hot.. All this talk is making me want to put my rancor into a pit of sarlacc..

Jeterpool
09-12-2014, 01:25 PM
Hot.. All this talk is making me want to put my rancor into a pit of sarlacc..

:wtf: clearly I've never seen the movie

The Dunster
09-12-2014, 02:26 PM

Classic / Cult movie that people will be watching and talking about for a very long time. Brilliant.

Anyone seen Being John Malkovich ? Another cult classicI

WolfMan
09-12-2014, 02:41 PM

I'm with ya. Blew my mind

WolfMan
09-12-2014, 02:44 PM
Yeah I know who it was.
I just have a problem with thier whole family after his sister almost RUINED the whole Batman franchise.

Also my only other real Jake G experience was some movie with Jarod Leto when they found some bloke that was half alligator.

Pretty stoned tho.

That would be "Highway". I quite enjoyed it actually. Very budget but the story was cool. Plus Selma Blair did it for me back then. Probably still does.

plague
09-12-2014, 02:57 PM
That would be "Highway". I quite enjoyed it actually. Very budget but the story was cool. Plus Selma Blair did it for me back then. Probably still does.

Also sat through 'Brothers' that had him and the other bloke that looks like him in it because Mrs Plague has terrible taste in movies and because Natalie Portman was in it.

You're right though, no one out-terribles Nic Cage.
What a ledge. Bloke could almost get his own thread.

Bon
09-12-2014, 03:01 PM
Pretty sure this one has been posted before..
I lose it every ****en time.. hahahahaha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S73swRzxs8Y

Buddha
09-12-2014, 11:09 PM
Pretty sure this one has been posted before..
I lose it every ****en time.. hahahahaha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S73swRzxs8Y

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gnhu73ETzW8
I prefer this one

Another bad movie I would avoid,
Let's be Cops
The expendables 3

WolfMan
13-12-2014, 10:48 PM
Just watched "Lucy".
Reminded me of watching a Jets match of late. started out kind of promising, then falls in a stinking heap for the last half.

Buddha
17-12-2014, 09:55 PM
Just finished watching The Equalizer. Loved it, Denzel still has it.

plague
23-12-2014, 10:37 PM
ok, watched Guardians of the Galaxy.
actually better than i thought but the constant slew of superhero movies really doesnt help this one. its pretty formula driven and no real twists or turns but it was very well made and the characters were well done.
really like the dude that played the lead and the racoon dude was good.
they need to back off making Iron Man 23 and another 6 Thor movies and make quirky shit like this instead.

comic book nerds, whats the deal with Howard the Duck?

The Dunster
27-12-2014, 03:40 PM
Watched "The Water Diviner" yesterday at Reading Charlestown.

Great story but very poorly directed and the editing was absolutely woeful.
Anyone that's not aware of Gallipoli won't be bothered by this film and if it makes a dollar anywhere else I will be shocked.
It's not terrible it's just got enough over the top and cliché "Hollywood" type shit in it to ruin what otherwise could have been a good movie.

Russel Crowe should have concentrated more on the story and less on trying to make a box office hit.

It's ok to do that if you are Spielberg with a limitless budget but you have to go all in or nothing. Instead, Crowe trued to make a big movie on a mediocre budget and it shows.

Still worth seeing for the story but the way the story is delivered leaves a lot to be desired.

pv4
27-12-2014, 10:07 PM
Agree re Water Diviner. Overall i liked it but i thought it could have been done much better and could have been as long-lasting as the movie Gallipoli is.

Buddha
27-12-2014, 10:54 PM
On the subject of movies, I was outraged the FTA Channels did not show either of these fantastic Christmas movies;
Die Hard 1
Die Hard 2
Home Alone 1
Home Alone 2

It's a national disgrace

plague
27-12-2014, 11:00 PM
On the subject of movies, I was outraged the FTA Channels did not show either of these fantastic Christmas movies;
Die Hard 1

the missus promised me we would watch an "Alan Rickman Chirstmas movie"
I thought Die Hard.
I got Love Actually.

anyone know a good divorce lawyer?

pv4
27-12-2014, 11:01 PM
I watched Jingle All The Way on xmas eve and loved it, like i always do. IT'S TURBO TIME!!

plague
27-12-2014, 11:02 PM
Legit though has Russell Crowe even made a good movie?
Romper Stomper was a 6 and gets 2 points coz its Aussie.
The Gladiator one was pretty corny IMO.

Buddha
27-12-2014, 11:07 PM
the missus promised me we would watch an "Alan Rickman Chirstmas movie"
I thought Die Hard.
I got Love Actually.

anyone know a good divorce lawyer?
I managed to save myself by just downloading it I mean acquiring it off the Internet in the most legal way ever

Yeah chase up the lawyer that got Paul Hogans ex wife the majority of his money so that he has to do roadshows around the country

plague
27-12-2014, 11:14 PM
I managed to save myself by just downloading it I mean acquiring it off the Internet in the most legal way ever

Yeah chase up the lawyer that got Paul Hogans ex wife the majority of his money so that he has to do roadshows around the country

oh yeah dont worry its in the bookcase. im just too lazy to walk in the next room to get it.
besides, Keira Knightley. so wasnt all bad.

Jeterpool
28-12-2014, 06:44 AM
Legit though has Russell Crowe even made a good movie?
Romper Stomper was a 6 and gets 2 points coz its Aussie.

L.A Confidential?

plague
28-12-2014, 11:47 AM
L.A Confidential?

Interesting.
I've nowt seen it.
Will check out and report back.

WolfMan
28-12-2014, 01:37 PM
A Beautiful Mind

plague
28-12-2014, 01:55 PM
A Beautiful Mind
Nawwww man. Over acted the shit out of it. Pulled the Daniel Day Lewis 'play a retard get an Oscar' angle.
Shameful.
The bloke from the Hangover did it better.

WolfMan
28-12-2014, 02:40 PM
Each to their own. And he played a genius, not a retard

plague
28-12-2014, 02:59 PM
Each to their own. And he played a genius, not a retard
Like the bloke from the hangover

The Dunster
29-12-2014, 09:32 AM
Yesterday I watched "Grosse Point Blank" and "A Clockwork Orange".

Great movies.

Buddha
29-12-2014, 11:37 AM
Yesterday I watched "Grosse Point Blank" and "A Clockwork Orange".

Great movies.

Is that based off the arcade game or did the arcade game get based off that

pv4
29-12-2014, 11:46 AM
Nawwww man. Over acted the shit out of it. Pulled the Daniel Day Lewis 'play a retard get an Oscar' angle.
Shameful.
The bloke from the Hangover did it better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAKG-kbKeIo

pv4
29-12-2014, 11:47 AM

Yeah? I loved it.

Grimario
29-12-2014, 11:03 PM
Going to see The Imitation Game tomorrow night. Hopefully Britishname Complicated is excellent as I've just about enjoyed everything he has been in.

The Dunster
29-12-2014, 11:12 PM
Is that based off the arcade game or did the arcade game get based off that

I think the game is a tie in to the movie. But not 100% sure.

goaliepersempre
30-12-2014, 04:08 AM
Watched Exodus... not bad... some of the 3d effects where good... Cousin the film producer commented about the 3d that there is alot of computer generated effects etc that usually bring down 3d films.. too busy etc....

Typical Ridley Scott film... Worth a watch for that epic type film...

Grimario
31-12-2014, 12:05 AM
Saw The Imitation Game tonight. Was really good, made better by the fact it had Keira Knightley in it.

The Dunster
01-01-2015, 08:40 PM
Saw The Imitation Game tonight. Was really good, made better by the fact it had Keira Knightley in it.

We went today. It's a very good movie with great acting and a fabulous story. it trades historical accuracy for entertainment value but who really cares.

One of the best movies I have seen in the past year or so,

Grimario
01-01-2015, 08:44 PM
We went today. It's a very good movie with great acting and a fabulous story. it trades historical accuracy for entertainment value but who really cares.

Yep, for sure. Like Argo, not exactly historically accurate but fantastic performances and highly entertaining.

WolfMan
01-01-2015, 09:42 PM

Saw it tonight. Totally agree. Love these types of films

plague
02-01-2015, 01:11 PM
Yeah but has Biraz done enough to get his place back in the starting team?
That's the big issue.

parksey
06-01-2015, 10:30 PM
Saw the last Hobbit film today.

Has to be said Jackson really bombed it with this trilogy. Totally lost the heart from the book and made it about wars and Sauron and other stuff, while relegating Bilbo and the companions to bit part characters.

Special effects are great but it lacked the combination of fantasy, heart, action and character development that made the LOTR films so amazing.

Bon
07-01-2015, 08:14 AM
Saw the last Hobbit film today.

Has to be said Jackson really bombed it with this trilogy. Totally lost the heart from the book and made it about wars and Sauron and other stuff, while relegating Bilbo and the companions to bit part characters.

Special effects are great but it lacked the combination of fantasy, heart, action and character development that made the LOTR films so amazing.

This is all true, Parksey..
But if you go in to this third one just looking for a visually spectacular 3D war (with the first half hour being a dragon annihilating shit) then its not too bad..
As you said, its nothing like the book and I went in to the last movie thinking of it that way..

pv4
07-01-2015, 08:25 AM
I was wrapped in the LotR books (and movies), but the Hobbit didn't do it as much for me, maybe because you can tell it was written for kids. I feel like The Hobbit book has been hyped a lot more than it should have, because of the LotR books and movies tbh.

These Hobbit movies were only ever going to be about setting up the LotR movies, prequel style, and so I came to grips early that they would focus a lot more on that. The moment I saw them focus so much on Legolas (who is kind of in the book, but goes unnamed and features very little) just confirmed for me that I would be in trouble if I focused too much on the book/movie thing.

Even after all the review I've read, I'm still keen to see this last movie (that covers all of about 3-4 chapters of the book, by my memory :lol: ).

Btw can someone answer me this - I seem to remember from the book that I was overly confused as to who the "Five Armies" were, because I counted 6 or 7. Who are the five armies?

furns
07-01-2015, 11:01 AM
I was wrapped in the LotR books (and movies), but the Hobbit didn't do it as much for me, maybe because you can tell it was written for kids. I feel like The Hobbit book has been hyped a lot more than it should have, because of the LotR books and movies tbh.

These Hobbit movies were only ever going to be about setting up the LotR movies, prequel style, and so I came to grips early that they would focus a lot more on that. The moment I saw them focus so much on Legolas (who is kind of in the book, but goes unnamed and features very little) just confirmed for me that I would be in trouble if I focused too much on the book/movie thing.

Even after all the review I've read, I'm still keen to see this last movie (that covers all of about 3-4 chapters of the book, by my memory :lol: ).

Btw can someone answer me this - I seem to remember from the book that I was overly confused as to who the "Five Armies" were, because I counted 6 or 7. Who are the five armies?
Orcs, Elves, Dwarves, Men, Animals

pv4
07-01-2015, 11:15 AM
Orcs, Elves, Dwarves, Men, Animals

So are orcs, goblins & wargs considered one army? I'm sure orcs and goblins were split into two in the book.

And wasn't there an army of bats too?

And the eagles?

And there were two seperate groups of dwarves from memory too.

q-money
07-01-2015, 11:20 AM
stupid ass books if you ask me

Bon
07-01-2015, 11:26 AM
stupid ass books if you ask me

Noone asked you Q.. Get back to your books with the fold out pages in the centre.. :lulz:

true waterboy
07-01-2015, 11:31 AM
So are orcs, goblins & wargs considered one army? I'm sure orcs and goblins were split into two in the book.

And wasn't there an army of bats too?

And the eagles?

And there were two seperate groups of dwarves from memory too.

I havnt read the book so only going off the movie. it was also a little confusing having not seen the second movie.

there were two armies of dwarfs but can be considered one as the leaders were cousins, and from the movie it appears that the king from the mountain had organised his cousins arrival.

Army of bat like creatures were apart of the second onslaught of the orcs.

and the eagles carried the animals to the battle which was all under the leadership of the brown wizard or the animal loving wizard.

q-money
07-01-2015, 11:36 AM
fantasy dorks are the worst, i used to run a bookshop (no shit)

i employed a nerd who was totally useless purely so she could deal with their nonsense. ironically she was about five years ahead of the vampire sex freak stuff so i should have got on board. she was kind of hot as well. but incredibly vacuous in all other matters except fantasy books. *sigh

pv4
07-01-2015, 11:47 AM
fantasy dorks are the worst, i used to run a bookshop (no shit)

i employed a nerd who was totally useless purely so she could deal with their nonsense. ironically she was about five years ahead of the vampire sex freak stuff so i should have got on board. she was kind of hot as well. but incredibly vacuous in all other matters except fantasy books. *sigh

http://static.bips.channel4.com/bse/orig/black-books/series-3/black-books-s3-20090622182239_625x352.jpg

q-money
07-01-2015, 11:53 AM
this is legit the worst thing i've ever seen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed-EgpprMZk

pv4
07-01-2015, 12:00 PM
this is legit the worst thing i've ever seen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed-EgpprMZk

That was the "heart" that porksey was referring to.

Bon
07-01-2015, 12:09 PM
Don't get me wrong, I love the movies and the books..
All I could think of was this scene from Clerks 2.. Particularly the last part about the gayness..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKbyWSwd7hk

Buddha
07-01-2015, 01:16 PM
Don't get me wrong, I love the movies and the books..
All I could think of was this scene from Clerks 2.. Particularly the last part about the gayness..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKbyWSwd7hk
Beat me to it hahaha.

plague
07-01-2015, 02:29 PM
I didn't read any of the books.
The LOTR movies were ok to watch up until the last hour of the last movie FOR GODS SAKE JUST SAY GOODBYE AND END THIS THING.
Watched the first 2 hobbit ones out of obligation to Mrs Plague who read the books.
Movies went: bad thing chase good guy. Bad thing and good guy have fight. Good guy wins (just) then onto the next chase/fight.

Will watch the last one out of obligation but anticipation level is zero.

Agree with Q though, fantasy/sci fi nerds are the worst. The amount of stuff written about every new Marvel film is staggering in its banality THATS NOT THE RIGHT SKIN COLOUR FOR THANOS, JOSS WHEEDEN MUST BE KILLED.

pv4
07-01-2015, 03:30 PM
Movies went: bad thing chase good guy. Bad thing and good guy have fight. Good guy wins (just) then onto the next chase/fight.

phwoar spoiler alert!

Some fantasy/scifi is amazing, I don't care how nerdy it would seem. For eg: I'm up to date with Game of Thrones on the tellybox, and enjoyed it so much I am now reading the books (which I'm enjoying just as much).

plague
07-01-2015, 03:45 PM
phwoar spoiler alert!

Some fantasy/scifi is amazing, I don't care how nerdy it would seem. For eg: I'm up to date with Game of Thrones on the tellybox, and enjoyed it so much I am now reading the books (which I'm enjoying just as much).

FWIW I'm down with sci-fi/fantasy movies as much as the next guy.
I just don't get the whole mob of people out there dissecting every little detai like it's important.

Like those idiots who spend all day on football forums.
They are the worst.

parksey
07-01-2015, 05:55 PM
lotr is "ok"

right

baldrick
07-01-2015, 07:17 PM
http://youtu.be/do9xPQHI9G0

An alternate council of Elrond

plague
07-01-2015, 07:27 PM
lotr is "ok"

right

I actually said

The LOTR movies were ok to watch up until the last hour of the last movie
and should have added "in my opinion".

Seeing as though you seem to have an issue with that i'll expand.
Once again, all opinions are personal.
I thought the first movie was a little slow, especially compared to the final 2. Once again i didnt read the books so yes the source material is what it is.
Second movie set up the third quite well. I thought it was the best of the three.
Third movie had quite awesome (some say 'groundbreaking') special effects in its battle scenes. Unfortunately for people who were around for the original Star Wars trilogy (not me), or for Terminator 2 (yes me) would say they have already been to a movie with groundbreaking special effects so it may not have had such a big wow factor to it.
As stated i thought the end of the third movie went on too long and when your last memory of a movie 'event' that took 2 years to conclude is one of being slightly bored then it probably stains the rest of the memory of what you had already seen.
Aside from that i liked it, hence thinking it was ok.

For perspective, i present the just recently made up Plague movie scale.
1-3/10 - 'bad' Avatar is in this group.
4-6/10 - 'meh' seen it, prob wont watch again, didnt offend me in the way Avatar did.
7-8/10 - 'ok', good. considered myself 'entertained' after watching. will watch if on Foxtel, prob own the DVD once it hits the magical JB Hi-Fi $12.98 pricepoint.
9-10/10 - 'great'. will watch again, probably spend way too much time reading IMDB trivia and hunting down the writer/director/stars other work to give it a go.

anyway, back on topic.

How shit is Avatar huh????

pistolpete
07-01-2015, 08:44 PM
When did the movie thread become the geek wars thread. You lost me when you started going on about sucking dildo baggins dick

Buddha
07-01-2015, 08:59 PM
I thought the second LOTR movie was the best IMO. I fell asleep in the third....

parksey
07-01-2015, 09:31 PM
yeah two towers is the best

return of the king goes on for ages but it is what it is

fellowship is underrated imo

Buddha
07-01-2015, 10:37 PM
Anyone see the trailer for AntMan today? I'm pretty keen for it, I like Paul Rudd, he's the type of guy that could steal your car and still be pretty funny about it. Be good to see him in a semi serious role

plague
07-01-2015, 11:42 PM
Anyone see the trailer for AntMan today? I'm pretty keen for it, I like Paul Rudd, he's the type of guy that could steal your car and still be pretty funny about it. Be good to see him in a semi serious role

Saw it but like all of those Marvel movies I don't really know anything about the characters.
I'll watch it though as they've done a pretty good job on the others so far.

Buddha
08-01-2015, 07:58 PM
Just finished watching "The Guest" pretty good, although it doesn't explain much about "the guest" himself, you'll have to guess most of it it seems, pretty good action scenes, the bloke who plays the lead plays it well I thought.

The Dunster
18-01-2015, 08:53 PM
Went and saw Birdman last night. If Michael Keaton doesn't win Best Actor they need to launch an inquiry.

Fabulous movie with brilliant acting and very slick editing whereby the entire two hours seems to be a single continuous take. You actually feel like you are on set watching the events unfold.

I'm giving this one 5/5 Fully Erect Griffos.

Buddha
18-01-2015, 09:12 PM
If you haven't seen American Sniper, I suggest you do so. Very good movie and really deals with the other side of Military life.

The Dunster
18-01-2015, 11:23 PM
If you haven't seen American Sniper, I suggest you do so. Very good movie and really deals with the other side of Military life.

Hopefully it's a warts and all portrayal like Full Metal Jacket where you have a regular person and a soldier trapped inside the same body - so to speak.

The Dunster
25-01-2015, 12:50 AM
Watched American Sniper yesterday at TITAN XC Charlestown.

I was expecting Full Metal Jacket / Paths of Glory / Platoon / Apocalypse Now. Instead saw a film based on a weak script directed by someone that should have retired thirty years ago.

It's not a bad movie but it's not a great one either. Some stories are better told in the form of a book and this is one of them.

I was looking at my watch by the third tour.

Bradley Cooper does ok but he really doesn't have a lot to work with. There's a very dark and deep story to be told but Eastwood completely failed to deliver it to the audience.

q-money
25-01-2015, 10:20 AM
american sniper is ****ing trash

Blackmac79
25-01-2015, 02:40 PM

Going off the fact the Guardian Journo's didn't like it, and Melissa Devine from the Terror did, I would have to say you are bang on the money.

plague
25-01-2015, 04:41 PM

Have yet to see this movie but can tell you that Clint Eastwood is ****ing trash.

WolfMan
25-01-2015, 10:38 PM
Have yet to see this movie but can tell you that Clint Eastwood is ****ing trash.

Gran Torino was quite good I thought

WolfMan
25-01-2015, 10:40 PM
Just watched "John Wick", Keanu Reeves plays a badass
Hitman sorta role. Great action scenes. Good for a few hours of good guy/bad guy romp through NY

plague
25-01-2015, 10:59 PM
Gran Torino was quite good I thought

You thought wrong.
Worst steaming pile of shit ever made.
The Jets look like a masterpiece compared to that crap.

Did I mention I wasn't a fan?

The Dunster
08-02-2015, 08:06 PM
Went to see Kingsman at Reading Charlestown last night.
The movie is best described as Kick-Ass meets James Bond [ A View to a Kill]
This one was a lot better than I expected - but then again I loved Kick-Ass [not Kick-Ass 2 though].
The 129min running time fly's by fast due to the very slick editing.
Anyone that didn't enjoy Kick-Ass may not enjoy this either as it's more comedy / action than it is Drama.

Jeterpool
08-02-2015, 08:18 PM
Thinking of watching Gone girl. Anyone seen it?

The Dunster
08-02-2015, 08:44 PM
Thinking of watching Gone girl. Anyone seen it?

Yes. It's one of the better movies of the past year or so.

It's all been done before but this one does it a lot better than most.

If you like Thriller / Suspense type movies then you will enjoy it.

Jeterpool
09-02-2015, 07:32 AM

:beer: cheers mate

leftrightout
09-02-2015, 09:01 AM

Yeah wasn't a huge fan of it, good story but just doesn't seem to reach any great height. I usually hate the people that say this but the book is much better.

pv4
09-02-2015, 09:16 AM
I loved Gone Girl. Can confirm the mrs and I didn't talk to each other on the drive home :rof:

I liked American Sniper, watched it last night. I don't doubt it could have been done way better, but it still hit me pretty hard and I'll give it a thumbs up.

Buddha
09-02-2015, 07:00 PM
Watched Big Hero 6 and Birdman last night, both 10/10s

Premy
11-02-2015, 09:40 PM
Shit just got real for any Comic nerds and MCU lovers.

This is 10 early Christmases all in 1.

http://marvel.com/news/movies/24062/sony_pictures_entertainment_brings_marvel_studios_ into_the_amazing_world_of_spider-man

furns
11-02-2015, 09:45 PM
So they mean a new new spiderman right?

Imyourhero
11-02-2015, 09:49 PM
Yes a new actor. Alot of people gunning for Donald Glover

Premy
11-02-2015, 10:10 PM
So they mean a new new spiderman right?

Not entirely sure how it's going to work, weather they write the last 2 Amazing Spider Man movies into the MCU or start from scratch again.

Looks like Marvel is learning towards starting fresh but Sony has the final say. Rumors are that Parker will be introduced in Captain America Civil war, then have his own movie and then join the Avengers in Avengers Infinity War.

Premy
11-02-2015, 10:11 PM
Thank the North Koreans

parksey
12-02-2015, 04:57 PM
ffs they can't start spider-man again

parksey
12-02-2015, 04:58 PM
again

Buddha
13-02-2015, 09:22 PM
Taken 3 = shithouse, just like the last one

WolfMan
13-02-2015, 09:55 PM
Taken 3 = shithouse, just like the last one
Cheers for confirming what we all suspected. I like Liam Neeson, but he has milked this for all it's worth

The Dunster
13-02-2015, 11:17 PM
From the shorts I have seen that Six Shades of Shit movie doesn't look like much chop for anyone that has a penis.

plague
22-02-2015, 01:38 PM
Gone Girl was good.
Well made, but I enjoy most of that dudes movies.
Actress who played Amy was unreal.

Imyourhero
22-02-2015, 02:01 PM
Kingsman Secret Service
Best action movie this year calling it now

Bon
25-02-2015, 01:38 PM
I watched Under Siege for the first time in about 15 years the other night.. Great movie..
Would just like to say that Erika Eleniak's breasts are just as relevant today as they were back then.. :brrr:

leftrightout
25-02-2015, 01:43 PM
Robocop 2 was on last night... what a piece of filming genius! Just brilliant! hahaha

NUGUNS
25-02-2015, 02:44 PM
I watched Under Siege for the first time in about 15 years the other night.. Great movie..
Would just like to say that Erika Eleniak's breasts are just as relevant today as they were back then.. :brrr:

I've lost a little respect for you after reading this.

Bon
25-02-2015, 02:54 PM
I've lost a little respect for you after reading this.

That would insinuate that you had any for me in the first place..

plague
08-05-2015, 12:43 PM
Fast n Furious 7 is a really well made and entertaining action movie.

Highly recommended.

q-money
08-05-2015, 02:28 PM
u hangin out for furious 8 and furious 8S 4G holmes?

parksey
08-05-2015, 04:34 PM
avengers 2 was pretty sick

plague
08-05-2015, 04:35 PM
u hangin out for furious 8 and furious 8S 4G holmes?

Stick to Tribeca pal.

plague
28-05-2015, 03:24 PM
Anyone seen new Mad Max yet?

The Dunster
28-05-2015, 03:31 PM
Anyone seen new Mad Max yet?

I went to the first two Mad Max movies when they were first released.
The less said about part three the better.

Apparently the latest installment is good but for me the first two movies told the story well enough to not require a third or fourth effort.

Keep in mind though I thought the Avengers was one of the weakest movies ever made - so I don't tend to follow the masses on these types of things.

plague
03-06-2015, 06:40 PM
Finally saw American Sniper.

Clint Eastwood really doesn't like endings does he?

Not bad movie though

plague
17-07-2015, 08:25 PM
Not seen anything of note lately but the Suicide Squad/ Star Wars and Batman v Superman trailers from comic con looked intriguing.
Not a comic book nerdy nerd so not bothered how legit they are.

That Ant Man looks like it will be hot garbage though.

Premy
18-07-2015, 04:22 AM
Not seen anything of note lately but the Suicide Squad/ Star Wars and Batman v Superman trailers from comic con looked intriguing.
Not a comic book nerdy nerd so not bothered how legit they are.

That Ant Man looks like it will be hot garbage though.

Am a comic book nerdy nerd and Ant-man is awesome surprisingly.
Whilst I'm hype for BVS and Suicide Squad, the one I'm most looking forward to is Deadpool. Everything that has been leaked/released on it so far has ticked all the boxes and with it's R rating it's going to be on point for the character.

2016 Comic book movies:
Deadpool (Fox, Marvel)
Batman Vs Superman ( Waner Bros, DC)
Captain America: Civil War (Disney, Marvel)
X-Men Apocalypse (Fox, Marvel)
Suicide Squad (Waner Bros, DC)
Gambit (Fox, Marvel)
Dr Strange (Disney Marvel)
Sinister Six (Sony Marvel)- Unsure if this will line up with the MCU like Spiderman will.

As you can see I'm looking forward to 2016, not to mention Fantastic Four comes out in 3 weeks (Fox, Marvel)

q-money
18-07-2015, 11:10 AM
is every single movie these days a comic book adaptation or what?

Premy
18-07-2015, 11:38 AM
is every single movie these days a comic book adaptation or what?Hollywood is fresh out of new idea's.
Most movies these days are either from some form of a book, a sequel or a remake.

I can't wait to see the Female Ghostbusters to Flop

The Dunster
18-07-2015, 12:02 PM
Hollywood is fresh out of new idea's.
Most movies these days are either from some form of a book, a sequel or a remake.

I can't wait to see the FemaleGhostbusters to Flop

It's not a case of being fresh out of ideas. It's a case of the industry being run by Harvard MBA's that simply don't take risks. They look at what worked in the past and expect that it will work again.

They moved into the music industry circa 1975 and pretty much killed it off as well.

q-money
18-07-2015, 12:07 PM
like who really needed that total recall reboot? what trash

regarding the original - big ups to schwarzenegger who basically forced it to be as ridiculous as it was - basically pushed the whole thing and asked for verhoeven to direct it - imagine a movie like that being made these days?

chicks with three tits, dudes that look like krang, arnie blowing up people's heads, legit killing everyone in his path, what an absolute amazing nonsense it was

plague
18-07-2015, 12:43 PM
like who really needed that total recall reboot? what trash

regarding the original - big ups to schwarzenegger who basically forced it to be as ridiculous as it was - basically pushed the whole thing and asked for verhoeven to direct it - imagine a movie like that being made these days?

chicks with three tits, dudes that look like krang, arnie blowing up people's heads, legit killing everyone in his path, what an absolute amazing nonsense it was

Wasn't that some nerdy nerd sci fi book originally?

Agree on the movies though. I'm trying to think of a re-boot/remake that was legit better than the original.

Any takers?

plague
18-07-2015, 12:45 PM
Oh and they also done a 're-boot' of National Lampoons Vacation.

It's got the guy from the Hangover in the lead role.

No not that guy.

Or that one either.

The other bloke.

I wish death upon the people responsible.

Premy
18-07-2015, 01:43 PM
Agree on the movies though. I'm trying to think of a re-boot/remake that was legit better than the original.

Any takers?
-Batman: Dark Knight Trilogy is better than the Original Batman Films
-Godzilla (not the latest one the 1998 one)
-Jurassic World (At least according to the Box Office)

The Dunster
18-07-2015, 02:52 PM
I'm trying to think of a re-boot/remake that was legit better than the original.Any takers?

True Grit. Best ever re-make / reboot ever. But that's what you would expect from a Cohen Brothers movie.
These guys simply make the movie they want to make win lose or draw.

/thread.

plague
18-07-2015, 09:55 PM
-Batman: Dark Knight Trilogy is better than the Original Batman Films
-Godzilla (not the latest one the 1998 one)
-Jurassic World (At least according to the Box Office)

oh man after discussing this at the pub after todays game (when you have a draw you talk movies, not football) I've realised this topic has a lot of opinions.

on your:
Nolans Batman is a great example, although people today swear that Tim Burtons Batman (at the time) was quite groundbreaking and iconic, especially when Superhero movies were not a thing in Hollywood. Ill take Nolans though but can see their point.

Godzilla is def better than the 1998 one, but once again the original ones from the 60's have a massive cult following. not sure the most recent one will be remembered with any real fondness.

Id class Jurassic World as a sequel, and ineligible for this poll.
your post got a lot of people thinking though.

one that came up was Oceans 11. i haven't seen the original but at the time you'd have to say it was a pretty well made movie and the cast was pretty top shelf.

i will keep thinking.

plague
18-07-2015, 09:58 PM
True Grit. Best ever re-make / reboot ever. But that's what you would expect from a Cohen Brothers movie.
These guys simply make the movie they want to make win lose or draw.

/thread.

for some reason I've never seen the original or remake.
this is coming from someone who has Fargo in their top 3 all time movies.

somewhere along the lines I've failed at life.

Premy
18-07-2015, 11:18 PM
oh man after discussing this at the pub after todays game (when you have a draw you talk movies, not football) I've realised this topic has a lot of opinions.

on your:
Nolans Batman is a great example, although people today swear that Tim Burtons Batman (at the time) was quite groundbreaking and iconic, especially when Superhero movies were not a thing in Hollywood. Ill take Nolans though but can see their point.

Godzilla is def better than the 1998 one, but once again the original ones from the 60's have a massive cult following. not sure the most recent one will be remembered with any real fondness.

Id class Jurassic World as a sequel, and ineligible for this poll.
your post got a lot of people thinking though.

one that came up was Oceans 11. i haven't seen the original but at the time you'd have to say it was a pretty well made movie and the cast was pretty top shelf.

i will keep thinking.
Just on Jurassic World whilst I agree it is a sequel, I still see it as a re-boot as it's been quite some time between drinks and it's clear that it was made to re-boot the franchise.

Premy
06-08-2015, 12:20 PM
New Deadpool Trailer delivered big time, the whole marketing for this Movie has been spot on.
Bring on February I want to watch this Movie already.

plague
06-08-2015, 12:28 PM
New Deadpool Trailer delivered big time, the whole marketing for this Movie has been spot on.
Bring on February I want to watch this Movie already.

Yeah reminds me of when Kick Ass came out. Thought they set it up really well then delivered with a pretty original take on the Superhero genre (sorry the word genre is ghey as but I couldn't think of a better one).

Premy are you a comic book/deadpool fan of just looking at it from a movie perspective?

Premy
06-08-2015, 12:44 PM
Yeah reminds me of when Kick Ass came out. Thought they set it up really well then delivered with a pretty original take on the Superhero genre (sorry the word genre is ghey as but I couldn't think of a better one).

Premy are you a comic book/deadpool fan of just looking at it from a movie perspective?
I've not read any of the Deadpool comics but I intend to now.

His been in a few of the Spiderman comics I have. From what I've seen Fox release so far is exactly how the comics depicts him, his the likeable brat that actually knows his a comic book character and he often plays on that.

Ryan Reynolds has been the big force behind this project and ha really nailed the character.

Bon
20-10-2015, 01:35 PM
It would appear that the final trailer for the new Star Wars: The Force Awakens film has been put up today..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGbxmsDFVnE

furns
20-10-2015, 02:02 PM
In the immortal words of q-money

hnnnnnnnnnngggggggggg

plague
21-12-2015, 07:09 AM
Enjoyed the new Star Wars movie.
Entertaining.

Grimario
21-12-2015, 08:49 AM
Was good. Very Star Warsy, unlike the prequels.

BodyNovo
21-12-2015, 10:02 AM
more I think about it, the more I loved it.

kylo ren is quite possibly my new fav villain after just 1 movie.

plague
21-12-2015, 11:04 AM
Was good. Very Star Warsy, unlike the prequels.

I think having actors that can act as well as having actors who are humans made it a lot better.

James Bond the storm trooper was pretty fun tho.

Grimario
21-12-2015, 11:13 AM
I think having actors that can act as well as having actors who are humans made it a lot better.

Also helped that the script wasn't awful. The whole start to TPM and pretty much every line Neeson had was painful. Kid Anakin, angsty Anakin were all awful as well.

The Dunster
21-12-2015, 11:18 AM

How would you rate it with respect to all Star Wars Movies ? I mean is it better than Return of the Jedi ?
Personally, I think Empire Strikes Back is far and away the best movie of the series, Star Wars earns respect because it was the first movie, and Return of the Jedi was a warning sign for how shit the franchise would become in the future.

Grimario
21-12-2015, 11:25 AM
How would you rate it with respect to all Star Wars Movies ? I mean is it better than Return of the Jedi ?
Personally, I think Empire Strikes Back is far and away the best movie of the series, Star Wars earns respect because it was the first movie, and Return of the Jedi was a warning sign for how shit the franchise would become in the future.

It's easily head and shoulders above all of the prequels (being diagnosed with cancer is above those, so it's not a hard ask) and I would almost say it's better than ROTJ. Maybe even ANH. ESB is easily the best though, agree with that.

It's really just good. Star Warsy (can't think of a better term than that), great fun. There's only one scene which I felt was completely pointless (think trash compactor scene kind of momentum stall when there could have been time spent on some more character development, maybe). The villain is fantastic, he's everything that prequel Anakin could have been and Rey is amazing as well. The way her and Fin bounced off each other was great.

I want to watch it again, right now.

plague
21-12-2015, 11:39 AM
How would you rate it with respect to all Star Wars Movies ?

Don't think i can compare it. Those original 3 were pretty much the first movies I ever saw so they meant something pretty special. The new one is great but it means something totally different to me now, I'm still going to watch Goodfellas 35 times a year and be more amazed. TFA isn't groundbreaking but sometimes treading on such sacred ground can be a more difficult movie to make. But they did about as good a job as they could do with it.

Sitting there with Plague Jnr (he's 6) watching him stare at that screen with his mouth wide open for 2 hours made me realise what it's like to be that kid watching something so amazing for the first time.

He is hooked, I was happy. So I guess the movie did exactly what it set out to do.