PDA

View Full Version : Let's Sign Nicky Carle

militiamon
16-02-2013, 06:45 PM
Starting a thread so we get life to imitate the foz. Waddup The Herald.

Think about it, if Sydney:

- Re-sign Del Piero
- Don't boot Emerton somehow
- Sign Neill

Then there is no way they will be able to retain Carle without the rest of the team being Youth League kids on $10k a season. This is where we make our move by offering an option out for Carle and SFC.

Benefits:

- Carle is a no. 10, the exact type of player we need
- Crowd favourite in the past, potential marquee status
- Gary loves him, will not end up in the NYL like certain other players
- He is actually good

Please discuss.

militiamon
16-02-2013, 06:46 PM
I do reserve the right to continue bagging the shit out of him for being a turncoat should he return to SFC next season though.

boz-monaut
16-02-2013, 06:52 PM
can't see him coming back tbh

will more likely chase other petro-dollars in foreign sands

prawnhead
16-02-2013, 07:21 PM
Had a few beers at the moment (golf day) and cant think what year it was or who it was against, but he scored the greatest individual goal (IMO) ever in the A League. Maradonna like from the 86 World Cup v England. Anyone have a link?? Cheers

MFKS
16-02-2013, 07:26 PM
Had a few beers at the moment (golf day) and cant think what year it was or who it was against, but he scored the greatest individual goal (IMO) ever in the A League. Maradonna like from the 86 World Cup v England. Anyone have a link?? Cheers

No that was Lord Griffo Carle ran interference for him. Last nights game saw Galloway try and emulate Griff. Only problem was Heskey wouldn't run the interference to create the space for Galloway to put in a toe poke with the outside of the foot and had to pass to Heskey who shot wide. Yo can imagine the haters if galloway had of put it in the top corner.

Militiamon top idea. Sign Carle and play him and Cooper in the 10 roles

Retro Jet
16-02-2013, 07:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ43XbTFhYc

I wasn't there that night. Was fillig in on Bass at a gig at Laguna, just past Wollombi.
I remember getting up for the 2nd set leaving the TV (yes, they had Fox there!!!) scores at 1-1.
The drummer could just see the set on an angle from where he was playing.
He looks at me 1/2 way during the 1st song and says "I think they scored!"
Of course I say, "Who? Adelaide?"
He could only see Gold celebraing..... The good ol' days eh?

plague
You are a cheeky man Militiamon.
It is clear your goal in life is to somehow get the Bridges fanboys and the Carle fanboys to square off in some sort of knife fight to the death.

Jetmaster
SFC will find a way to keep him....

furns
16-02-2013, 07:39 PM
He is still contracted for at least next season, he is on loan currently.

So unless he is released, which wont happen, keep dreamin'

prawnhead
16-02-2013, 08:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ43XbTFhYc

I wasn't there that night. Was fillig in on Bass at a gig at Laguna, just past Wollombi.
I remember getting up for the 2nd set leaving the TV (yes, they had Fox there!!!) scores at 1-1.
The drummer could just see the set on an angle from where he was playing.
He looks at me 1/2 way during the 1st song and says "I think they scored!"
Of course I say, "Who? Adelaide?"
He could only see Gold celebraing..... The good ol' days eh?

Cheers Retro Jet. You cant coach that. A world class goal in any league in any era.

Jeterpool
16-02-2013, 08:38 PM
If it can happen somehow...yes yes yes

Thomas477
16-02-2013, 08:52 PM
You are a cheeky man Militiamon.
It is clear your goal in life is to somehow get the Bridges fanboys and the Carle fanboys to square off in some sort of knife fight to the death.

I like Bridges, but Carle offers more for 90mins than Bridges does ATM.

Although knowing our luck, he'll do an ACL after he signs with us.

hawk
16-02-2013, 09:55 PM
Starting a thread so we get life to imitate the foz. Waddup The Herald.

Think about it, if Sydney:

- Re-sign Del Piero
- Don't boot Emerton somehow
- Sign Neill

Then there is no way they will be able to retain Carle without the rest of the team being Youth League kids on $10k a season. This is where we make our move by offering an option out for Carle and SFC.

Benefits:

- Carle is a no. 10, the exact type of player we need
- Crowd favourite in the past, potential marquee status
- Gary loves him, will not end up in the NYL like certain other players
- He is actually good.
sif smurfs will get pulled up for cheating the cap. i think greaser would be good but feel free to continue to bag.

militiamon
16-02-2013, 10:43 PM
He is still contracted for at least next season, he is on loan currently.

So unless he is released, which wont happen, keep dreamin'

That is my point, if Del Piero is re-signed then they will have 3 'marquees' for next season (i.e players with huge contracts):

Del Piero - $2 million
Emerton - $1.4 million (iirc)
Nicky Carle - $600k

And if they want to keep Neill on for next season (unknown at this stage) that will be another $1 million at least you'd think. No way they will be able to have more than 2 of those players.

Carle has been great for them in the past, but when it comes to choosing between him and Del Piero or Neill, I think SFC would rather the latter two. They will need to offload Carle first though, and that's where we come in. We would offer both SFC and Carle a convenient out, Carle enjoyed his previous experiences here by all accounts and we have the potential to offer him a decent wage (provided our finances haven't completely gone to shit).

All this is dependent on Del Piero being re-signed though, otherwise I think Sydney will want to keep Carle.

Also agree with boz that it is likely he will chase the petro dollars, but whatever.

militiamon
03-04-2013, 01:37 AM
Bumpin this biatch :cool:

Jeterpool
03-04-2013, 08:22 AM
Yep - agree.

He's the number 10 we need

Tommyjet
03-04-2013, 10:09 AM
Rather Carle than kewell

pastor399
03-04-2013, 10:53 AM
Cheers Retro Jet. You cant coach that. A world class goal in any league in any era.

ahhh the good old days when a Newcastle team would attack when they gained possession, not retain possession for 5 min playing the ball around in there own half before losing the ball and calling it the future of football.

Jetmaster
03-04-2013, 12:23 PM
Thinking of good old days....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBgfpK3jKag

Just note the speed of our attack back then....nice hat trick by Griff too.

skippy
03-04-2013, 09:16 PM
Why would he want to come back to this failed abortion of a club?

q-money
03-04-2013, 09:25 PM
coveny :cool:

MFKS
03-04-2013, 10:20 PM
Why would he want to come back to this failed abortion of a club?

Smurfs FC and Jets FC are pretty similar levels of failed abortions of a club.

Nicky Carle wouldn't want to come back to either if he was honest

terry
03-04-2013, 11:07 PM
Smurfs FC and Jets FC are pretty similar levels of failed abortions of a club.
Nicky Carle wouldn't want to come back to either if he was honest

Never shall those blue cvnts be mentioned in a similar vein to us. They are aids of the world, we have a f**ked coach.

militiamon
04-04-2013, 12:50 AM
coveny :cool:

I know right. The original Petrovski.

Zico
04-04-2013, 09:20 AM

There is no wonder GVE had success with that side because **** me even an everyday Joe could come close to winning the comp with that cattle.

pv4
04-04-2013, 09:27 AM
farina reckons he's definately coming back and his wages will be absorbed by the cap.

BodyNovo
04-04-2013, 09:58 AM

now that is 1 touch, possesion based, attacking & attractive football.

honestly what the feck is gaz doing. in that vid okon at the back played a forward pass everytime he had the ball something i have never seen chapman, reegz, mitchell, ritter ever do.

am now happy to jump on the bring carle back bandwagon.

plays with both feet and attacks the player.

still scum at the moment now.

04-04-2013, 10:00 AM
There is no wonder GVE had success with that side because **** me even an everyday Joe could come close to winning the comp with that cattle.

I have often said the year we won we prob had the best or second best player for every position across the park and GvE was just there for the free ride.

Thomas477
04-04-2013, 10:09 AM
farina reckons he's definately coming back and his wages will be absorbed by the cap.

So that will leave, what, $1,900,000 over 20 players? JGriff and Grifflet would be on 250k and 200k, so that leaves $1.45 over 18 players. I would imagine Pascal wouldn't be cheap, so that's another 150-200k goneski, so $1,200,000 over 16 players. That's about $75,000 on average, plus I didn't include Fabio, Yau (if he sticks around).

So unless they're hiring Melbourne-based accountants, they are going to have a decent first XI, but any injuries or suspensions and they're ****ed.

Jeterpool
04-04-2013, 10:49 AM

Watching that just makes me sad.

Geez we had a good team

plague
04-04-2013, 10:55 AM
There is no effing way Grifflet is on anywhere near $200k.

MFKS
04-04-2013, 12:23 PM
There is no effing way Grifflet is on anywhere near $200k.

Also if Lord Griffo is only on 250k and we didn't sign him ****ING DISGRACE. That's peasant wages for a bloke of his style and class.

militiamon
04-04-2013, 01:15 PM
So that will leave, what, $1,900,000 over 20 players? JGriff and Grifflet would be on 250k and 200k, so that leaves $1.45 over 18 players. I would imagine Pascal wouldn't be cheap, so that's another 150-200k goneski, so $1,200,000 over 16 players. That's about $75,000 on average, plus I didn't include Fabio, Yau (if he sticks around).

So unless they're hiring Melbourne-based accountants, they are going to have a decent first XI, but any injuries or suspensions and they're ****ed.

Exactly. Like you say, it's entirely possible that they could have Griff + Carle + ADP + Emerton, but it's going to completely cripple the rest of their team.

BodyNovo
04-04-2013, 01:21 PM
FFA thoughts;

Strong Sydney - strong a league

They'll dodge the figures

The Dunster
04-04-2013, 01:37 PM
Carles a good player but for a #10 on the big money he was being paid ($900k a season) he simply doesn't find the back of the net often enough to justify it.

Can't imagine Emmo taking a pay cut from his current 700k wage

What will happen with Lucas Neil ?

How much are they paying Antonis - the greatest prospect in Australian football since Mark Viduka (not).

ADP is worth every cent though and Griffo is still a danger to both defenders and linesmen.

MFKS
04-04-2013, 01:44 PM
Carles a good player but for a #10 on the big money he was being paid ($900k a season) he simply doesn't find the back of the net often enough to justify it.

Can't imagine Emmo taking a pay cut from his current 700k wage

What will happen with Lucas Neil ?

How much are they paying Antonis - the greatest prospect in Australian football since Mark Viduka (not).

ADP is worth every cent though and Griffo is still a danger to both defenders and linesmen.

Antonis wage is outside the cap. He is their Aussie Yoof Marquee

Jetmaster
04-04-2013, 01:52 PM
From an old Herald Sun article...

A day after being told he wasn’t going to the World Cup, Carle made good on a promise given two weeks ago and signed a $650,000-a-year contract with Sydney.

So HOW do you fit that in the cap without skullduggery ??

BodyNovo
08-04-2013, 05:57 PM
Militia

Going great guns

Jets fan page on the rumour mill bandwagon, expect the herald to be back page tomorrow

militiamon
08-04-2013, 06:25 PM
hahaha

q-money
08-04-2013, 06:52 PM
:rof:

joel31
09-04-2013, 11:35 AM
Carle = Class

MFKS
09-04-2013, 12:47 PM
Militia

Going great guns

Jets fan page on the rumour mill bandwagon, expect the herald to be back page tomorrow

Militia time to spruik a couple of sightings of Nicky in Newy now to give this story some added impetus:rof:

militiamon
09-04-2013, 06:11 PM
Last Monday The Member left his humble South Kotara abode early in the morning and proceeded towards Newy a.k.a Lord Griff Country in search of a morning jump-start in order to carry out the many errands of a typical day in the life of The Member. Whilst driving along Hunter Street in The Member's stately Holden VS Commodore it just so happened that The Member came across one Nicky Carle and Tinks sharing a coffee at Juicy Beans Cafe. Being a quieter morning in Newy, The Member wound down his window and pricked his ears in an attempt to gleam from these two gentlemen the purpose of their meeting. In particular, The Member happened to overhear the following snippets of information:

"Nicky, we'd love to have you back here."
"And I would love to er be back here Mister Tinkler, but first things first, Gary and Middleby must go."
"Already done Nicky."
"Oh and Deans."
"Of course."

Delighted with the news of the potential sackings and signing, The Member decided to treat himself with a trip to Bar Beach. As he drove along Memorial Drive The Member's day went from excellent to Christmas when he happened to come across Kale Bradbery. Not being one to waste such an opportunity, The Member proceeded to show his appreciation for Kale's great engines by engaging in the difficult maneuver of the left-handed fap while reversing backwards. Unfortunately for The Member, some other member of the public (not from Kotara South) also happened to be walking by at the time of this miracle. It was later misreported in the local media that this was an act of desperation by a crazed man over the slag, when in reality she just happened to be blocking The Member's view of Kale.

:fap:

Interesting news MFKS, cheers for the update.

MFKS
09-04-2013, 07:48 PM

I am dead set crying I laughed so hard :roflz::wub:

Even love the way you threw a bit of Newy current affairs in their -ie pervert detained for fapping at the beach to add a bit of class to the tale

militiamon
09-04-2013, 08:56 PM
A homage to your reports from the youth league :wub:

All I'm looking forward to next season tbh.

Jeterpool
09-04-2013, 09:19 PM

Add something about resting Goody and I'd have been 100% convinced

My2BobsWorth
10-04-2013, 04:07 PM
First bit, nah. Second bit, totally.

sorefootballer
18-04-2013, 03:21 PM
Carle, Kewell.....watch this space.

Thomas477
18-04-2013, 04:36 PM

How? We only have 1 marquee spot left, unless Carle is under the cap, but why would he leave a $600,000 contract for anything less?

18-04-2013, 04:37 PM
^ Will take something special such as signings like this to get 10k membership next season IMO. If social media counts for anything the diatribe RM, TP and GvE rolled out toward the end of the season has alienated plenty.

MFKS
18-04-2013, 04:42 PM
^ Will take something special such as signings like this to get 10k membership next season IMO. If social media counts for anything the diatribe RM, TP and GvE rolled out toward the end of the season has alienated plenty.

Weren't they already alienated by the shitful football we endure??

18-04-2013, 04:57 PM
Yeh agreed but was trying real bloody hard not to turn the thread into a anti jets management thread.

leftrightout
18-04-2013, 05:03 PM

If this happened i would shit myself!

In all of my years i have never shat myself, and i can say with confidence it will happen any time soon either!

militiamon
18-04-2013, 05:28 PM

Excellent bump sir.

It appears all is going to plan.

Tommyjet
18-04-2013, 05:58 PM

Please feed us more please

sorefootballer
19-04-2013, 01:35 PM
Reliable sources...
I dont know how they will moneywise, that is upto the powers that be.
However i know im excited and i too may shit myself ;)

Jeterpool
19-04-2013, 01:38 PM
Reliable sources...
I dont know how they will moneywise, that is upto the powers that be.
However i know im excited and i too may shit myself ;)

Awesome if true.

Hope it happens, but history is against us.

Come on Tinks!

Tommyjet
19-04-2013, 04:16 PM
Has to be a mariners fan taking the piss, I'm not believing any hyped up stuff this off season

Would be more excited about carle than kewell

sorefootballer
19-04-2013, 05:50 PM
Mate definitely not a ****ing mariners supporter... as i said watch this space.
Either one would be a bonus to what we have.

militiamon
19-04-2013, 11:13 PM

dw mate, I've got your back on this. Thanks for the info.

Heskey, Kewell, Carle, jizzzzzzz.

Tommyjet
20-04-2013, 08:03 AM

Ok mate I'm easily hooked, watching the space

parksey
20-04-2013, 03:50 PM
i h8 hry kwl hez sht lol

scozzygt
21-04-2013, 06:56 PM
Harry?:lol:
:banghead:

Thomas477
21-04-2013, 08:57 PM
Harry?:lol:
:banghead:

Scozzy makes alot of sense.

Kewell is too old.

cobra23
30-04-2013, 11:00 AM
i h8 hry kwl hez sht lol

your shit!!!

Jeterpool
30-04-2013, 12:21 PM
your shit!!!

you're :gent:

cobra23
30-04-2013, 02:47 PM
you're :gent:

your even more :gent:, being a Liverpool supporter you should be welcoming his signature with open arms...ha ha

sammydog
02-05-2013, 12:34 PM
Ray Gatt is saying on twitter that Carle is about to sign for another 3 seasons at Sydney.

Jeterpool
02-05-2013, 12:56 PM
Ray Gatt is saying on twitter that Carle is about to sign for another 3 seasons at Sydney.

Close the thread if confirmed. Boo!

Jeterpool
02-05-2013, 12:57 PM
your even more :gent:, being a Liverpool supporter you should be welcoming his signature with open arms...ha ha

Sorry Cobra, was being a jerk and picking on your spelling mate. Joke didn't come across very well.

q-money
02-05-2013, 01:13 PM
still can nae believe how we have salary cap issues when these blokes have the griff/emerton/carle all inside the cap

belchardo
02-05-2013, 02:21 PM
ADP and emmo marquees aren't they?

wouldn't be too surprised if emerton pulls the pin sometime soon. or turns up in a player/coach position.

MFKS
02-05-2013, 04:27 PM
still can nae believe how we have salary cap issues when these blokes have the griff/emerton/carle all inside the cap

Q Man don't forget we have the same clowns running our club who went and head hunted GvE, gave him a longer contract for no achievement and for some reason after this seasons circus jumped on the front foot to defend him publicly when people are calling for his head.

Lets not even mention the bullshit with the licence hand back or the lack of action when the chance came up to sign a bloke who is the Peoples champion by the name of Joel Griffiths .

Lets also not forget they have not FIRED the bloke yet and continue to take the Members/Fans/Sponsors and the general metropolis of Newy and the Hunter for a ****ing ride by their inaction whilst we have to sit back and watch a bunch of inbred tuna smuggling scum walk off with the prizes and the plaudits:banghead:

Yet for some reason you seem to think they are capable of managing a salary cap well:rof:

FFS get some perspective:wink:

militiamon
02-05-2013, 05:07 PM

ffs

*tears up membership*

*spills Doritos crumbs on self*

hawk
02-05-2013, 07:32 PM

good. dont want tha pezant

02-05-2013, 07:39 PM
Middleby OUT MKFS IN

Middleby, Palmer and of course GVE have NFI.

scozzygt
03-05-2013, 08:39 PM
Q Man don't forget we have the same clowns running our club who went and head hunted GvE, gave him a longer contract for no achievement and for some reason after this seasons circus jumped on the front foot to defend him publicly when people are calling for his head.

Lets not even mention the bullshit with the licence hand back or the lack of action when the chance came up to sign a bloke who is the Peoples champion by the name of Joel Griffiths .

Lets also not forget they have not FIRED the bloke yet and continue to take the Members/Fans/Sponsors and the general metropolis of Newy and the Hunter for a ****ing ride by their inaction whilst we have to sit back and watch a bunch of inbred tuna smuggling scum walk off with the prizes and the plaudits:banghead:

Yet for some reason you seem to think they are capable of managing a salary cap well:rof:

FFS get some perspective:wink:

:roflz:
joel?
he just wets ma jeans.
:sigh:

hawk
06-05-2013, 06:59 PM

gay ratt