PDA

View Full Version : NSW Festival of Football

Premy
18-02-2013, 10:27 PM
I don't know if its been thought of before but I thought I would see what people thought of my idea.
What it would be is a triple header of games at ANZ stadium around the start of the year and it would need the co-operation of all parties involved.
Game 1 NSW NPL grand final (New State League name)
Game 2 Wanders v Jets or CCM
Game 3 Sydney v Jets or CCM
You could even have things going on around the area with games of street football, rides for kids and sponsors tents ect. A fair prices of say $30-$35 to see 3 games of football what do use think?

terry
18-02-2013, 10:57 PM
I don't know if its been thought of before but I thought I would see what people thought of my idea.
What it would be is a triple header of games at ANZ stadium around the start of the year and it would need the co-operation of all parties involved.
Game 1 NSW NPL grand final (New State League name)
Game 2 Wanders v Jets or CCM
Game 3 Sydney v Jets or CCM
You could even have things going on around the area with games of street football, rides for kids and sponsors tents ect. A fair prices of say $30-$35 to see 3 games of football what do use think?

you are wun sick kent. has being premy done some damij?

Premy
18-02-2013, 11:04 PM
has being premy done some damij?

To much but that's a discussion for a later day

seldom
19-02-2013, 12:27 AM
6 different sets of supporters at the one venue...should run smoothly

Thomas477
19-02-2013, 08:23 AM

This. Would be basically like throwing a match into fireworks. Just asking for trouble.

MFKS
19-02-2013, 11:17 AM

Gypos don't have fans remember. They don't travel.

Wonder what the poor ****s are gonna do when the RBB attends shittoungue for the first time???

Other than the Sydney derby this will be the RBB's first opportunity to travel intrastate. Can see them taking a large quantity to Bluetoungue.

Being that WSW have a bit of a dickhead element I wonder how our Prawn sandwich eating Mariners Clap Clap fans will cope with the intimidatory tactics

lquiquer
19-02-2013, 11:40 AM
Gypos don't have fans remember. They don't travel.

Wonder what the poor ****s are gonna do when the RBB attends shittoungue for the first time???

Other than the Sydney derby this will be the RBB's first opportunity to travel interstate. Can see them taking a large quantity to Bluetoungue.

Being that WSW have a bit of a dickhead element I wonder how our Prawn sandwich eating Mariners Clap Clap fans will cope with the intimidatory tactics

The giant ugly yellow / blue jersey will be on display bay 28 and if they can afford it another one at the top bay 51

GazFish35
19-02-2013, 02:15 PM
dont reckon football nsw would wont there GF being overshadowed by aleague stuff.
the guys playing in that league deserve their own day.

the double header idea is good, but not with teams that will bring large travelling numbers.

id rather them play both derbies on the same weekend on a friday and saturday night with the chance to but tickets to both at a better rate, get more neutrals to the derbies..... though the sydney derby at parra will sell out, so thid might not be needed.

BodyNovo
19-02-2013, 02:41 PM
dont reckon football nsw would wont there GF being overshadowed by aleague stuff.
the guys playing in that league deserve their own day.

the double header idea is good, but not with teams that will bring large travelling numbers.

id rather them play both derbies on the same weekend on a friday and saturday night with the chance to but tickets to both at a better rate, get more neutrals to the derbies..... though the sydney derby at parra will sell out, so thid might not be needed.

i think they had both the f3 derby and the sydney derby both on the same night, i'd prefer the derbies to be on seperate days so they both can have there moment and be promoted correctly.

I don't mind the idea of the nswpl being before/after a HAL game in NSW. The VPL grand final i believe was successful to a degree as they held it at aami park after a heart game. Believe they had over 10,000 in attendance which is probably hearts biggest attendance besides the derby against melbourne. if marketed well could help getting some of the old sokkah supporters a chance to give the a league a go.

GazFish35
19-02-2013, 06:31 PM
Both teams in Sydney are getting 14k plus this year.
Not sure the league needs to use the nswpl as a draw card anymore.

Premy
19-02-2013, 11:30 PM
I understand the concern of having all fans in one area being a safety issues but please don't let the flogs in some corners of the media trick you into thinking its worst then it is because then you have played right into their hand other codes have far more trouble with crowd violence then football despite what certan media outlets would have you believe.

I thought of it as being a chance for football NSW as putting their showcase in the GF on a grander scale and a chance to reach a bigger audience

Blackmac79
20-02-2013, 07:00 AM
It's what the media doesn't see that is the issue.