PDA

View Full Version : Men Of Football

Bon
19-02-2013, 06:22 PM
Just wondering if anyone else is going to be getting to the Men Of Football "Newcastle KB United - 35 Year Celebration" that is going on at the Duke this Friday? (Wasn't sure where to put this thread, so feel free to move it, mods)

Dinner luncheon from 1pm, all you can drink, hosted by Bozza.. Word is that Mel will be there too!!!
A few of my family members have booked a table, not sure if there are still tickets or not (I know it says on the website that there isn't, but I was told if you ring them up they can sort something out?)..
Strange cause I hadn't really seen this advertised anywhere..

http://www.menoffootball.org.au/hunter-chapter/hunter-upcoming-events/58111-newcastle-kb-united-35-yr-celebration

Beeen
19-02-2013, 06:27 PM
I'd go just to see Bozza get undoubtedly wankered, snorting lines in the duke toilets.

parksey
19-02-2013, 11:01 PM
the duke (y)

hawk
19-02-2013, 11:05 PM
great day out if ya can get there. if this was a knights dig the advertising in all media would have been shoved so far up everyones ass we could taste it.

Pico
20-02-2013, 08:15 AM
They had an entire article about it in the herald on the weekend, along with contact details for the remaining tables.

Retro Jet
28-02-2013, 01:32 AM
Bon...finally found your thread.
Great arvo and great to finally meet you.

Lowey interviewing Bozza and him talking about his hair job was a highlight for me.
P!ssed myself when he said he didn't even know his dad even knew who Chucky was until
he made that comment about his hair the 1st time he went on TV with it lookin' all wierd.

Some turd stole my signed Kenny Boden face from off our table thought :(

Looking forward to the Breakers reunion planned for next year. I'll have to keep that Rowdies Trophy
polished up for that one too!

Bon
28-02-2013, 10:05 AM
Bon...finally found your thread.
Great arvo and great to finally meet you.

Lowey interviewing Bozza and him talking about his hair job was a highlight for me.
P!ssed myself when he said he didn't even know his dad even knew who Chucky was until
he made that comment about his hair the 1st time he went on TV with it lookin' all wierd.

Some turd stole my signed Kenny Boden face from off our table thought :(

Looking forward to the Breakers reunion planned for next year. I'll have to keep that Rowdies Trophy
polished up for that one too!

Yeah mate!!! Awesome to finally meet you too.. (I was a bit drunk by that time, so sorry if I was banging on about the "yoga" stuff a bit.. haha)

It was a brilliant arvo.. Bozza talking about his hair was my highlight too, hilarious stuff..
Awesome to see all the old footage, articles, photos, cards and everything..
I totally forgot that Mal McLelland used to be a teacher out at Mo-Town high way back when I was there..

When is the Breakers one planned for? I'd love to get to that one too!

Retro Jet
28-02-2013, 04:01 PM
Bon and all interested parties.
Billy Price borrowed a kids sized Emerald/Cinnamon shirt I had (don't have an adults size) to model for 100 replicas
of various sizes he's getting done in Perth and 'made' in Chickety China. (Delayed by Snake Year celebrations apparently)
I'll ask him about the Breakers reunion when the shirts are done and mine comes back.

Another highlight for me was chatting to Peter Burke, talking about his time here. Peter still remembers something the supporters
did one particular game to this day.
Peter and another pommie, Gary Watson played with KB the 1983 season. (Peter played into 1984 too)
That year KB finished 5th (http://www.ozfootball.net/ark/NSL/1983/NSLTable.html)with the best defense (26 against; St George in 1st had 27 against) and 45 for (St George 47 for!)
That was the year we finally beat Sh!tney City in a League game: 1-0 in May. I remember the skinheads who started following SC by then
were so pissed off with our support and win they were throwing FULL CANS at us (the Rowdies)
The victory singing continued after the final whistle. The Rowdies went singing down the stair well, taking all our flags and made a guard of honour
down where the players entrance to the home change room was. Players were treated like real heroes as they left after their showers.
And that's why my gears get ground when even after a win, most of our bunch of sods couldn't be stuffed to engage the fans who give the most.
So when a player like Peter Burke says that he remembers that as a highlight from playing here, it really sticks with you.

seldom
28-02-2013, 11:54 PM
This is why Newcastle will always have a great following...devoted fans such as yourself Retro...well in