PDA

View Full Version : Northern NSW Football Hunter Sports Group Newcastle United Jets FCW-League Team 12/13

militiamon
27-06-2012, 05:20 PM
Great name, even better abbreviation: NNSWFHSGNJ.

Discuss.

Edit: Probably could've thrown in a 'United' or 'FC' hey, missed opportunity.

militiamon
27-06-2012, 05:23 PM
I've been to a few Women's Premier League games this season, Lake Macquarie are dominating but are also hella stacked with current and former Jets W-League players.

Keepers are still rubbish.

A certain striker has been in fine form for another team, against all odds. Must be selected.

GazFish35
27-06-2012, 05:53 PM
Thread named changed..... Ran out of room for a space

militiamon
27-06-2012, 10:08 PM
Great moderating work Mr Fish.

Prolix team names :cool:

MFKS
03-10-2012, 06:16 PM
http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/newcastlejets/results/wleague
Season Draw

MFKS
21-10-2012, 07:34 PM
W-League: Full Time at Leichhardt Oval. Sydney FC 3 (Kennedy 35', Kerr 75', 78') - Newcastle Jets 3 (Van Egmond 18', Andrews 22', Huster 58')

MFKS
28-10-2012, 08:35 PM
Canberra United got their Westfield W-League title defence back on track in emphatic style with a comprehensive 5-0 win over the Newcastle Jets at Wanderers Oval, Newcastle, on Saturday afternoon.

Canberra had the better of play in the first half but were kept scoreless by some good saves from Jets goalkeeper Eliza Campbell as the sides went to the break locked at 0-0.

But the floodgates opened in the second half at the visitors scored five goals in a 20-minute spree to blow out the scoreline.

The win sees Canberra still undefeated from two matches after being held to a 0-0 draw in the opening round of the season against the Roar, while Jets remain on one point from their opening draw with Sydney.

The match started in perfect conditions, sunny and warm with a light breeze in front of close to 1000 fans in Newcastle and it was the home side who had the first chance, with Gema Simon heading Emily Van Egmond's corner over the crossbar.

From that point on the half belonged to Canberra as Ashleigh Sykes provided the main threat on the left side.

She had two great chances on goal but Newcastle custodian Eliza Campbell did well to save a low shot at the near post before denying Sykes's sliding shot with her outstretched leg just before half-time.

The home side came out with more purpose in the second half. Van Egmond moved back into the midfield, allowing Hannah Brewer and Michaela Hatzirodos, who had replaced Tara Andrews at the break, to get in behind the Canberra defence.

But Canberra goalkeeper MacKenzie Arnold was up to the task and saved shots from Hatzirodos and Newcastle's American import Tori Huster.

Just as it looked like the Jets may open the scoring it was Canberra who struck first.

Michelle Heyman, who had been kept under wraps by Hayley Crawford and Stacey Day, slid a ball wide for Hayley Ruso and she did well to chip over the advancing Campbell and into the far corner of the net to make it 1-0 after 74 minutes.

As the Jets stretched forward in search of an equaliser they left themselves open at the back and Canberra took full advantage.

Ariane Hingst pushed a lovely ball through for Heyman inside the box and she buried the shot from right in front of goal to make it 2-0 after 84 minutes.

The visitors got their third in the 86th minute when Raso was brought down on the edge of the area by Jets substitute Sammara Schmitzer. Hingst sent her curling free-kick towards the far post where it took a deflection off the wall and skimmed under Campbell into the net.

Canberra made it 4-0 just one minute later when Heyman lobbed the Jets defence on the halfway line. Caitlin Munoz was first to the ball and went one-on-one with Campbell squeezing a shot under the Jets keeper.

Canberra completed the rout deep into injury time with a deserved goal to the hard-working Ashleigh Sykes who was on the spot to poke home from point-blank range after the Jets defence had failed to clear the ball.

Newcastle Jets 0

Canberra United 5
(Hayley Raso 74, Michelle Heyman 84, Ariane Hingst 86, Caitlin Munoz 87, Ashleigh Sykes 90+5)

Newcastle Jets
1. Eliza Campbell, 2. Hannah Brewer, 3 Hayley Crawford (capt), 4. Gemma Pearce, 5 Tori Huster, 7. Gema Simon, 9. Tara Andrews (Michaela Hatzirodos 45) 10. Emily van Egmond, 12, Tiffany Boshers, (11 Kate Hensman 63) 15. Alisha Foote14. Sammara Schmitzer 81) 16. Stacey Day.
Bench 11. Kate Hensman, 14. Sammara Schmitzer, 18. Michaela Hatzirodos, 17. Alannah Rosewood (GK) .

Canberra United
1. Mackenzie Arnold (GK), 2 Caitlin Cooper, 3. Georgina Yeoman-Dale (10. Snez Valjanovska 89) 6. Caitlin Munoz, 7. Ellie Brush (capt), 8. Hayley Ruso, (16. Catherine Brown 92) 11.Michelle Heyman, 153. Nicole Sykes, 14. Ashleigh Sykes, 17. Ariane Hingst, 19. Jennifer Bisset (18 sam Wood 73).
Bench. 10. Snez Valjanovska, 16. Catherine Brown, 18. Sam Wood, 20 Trudy Burke (GK)

Fancy being 0-0 with 70 mins gone and getting done 5-0!!!Talk about throwing in the towel

MFKS
05-11-2012, 11:16 AM
SKIPPER Hayley Crawford admitted things were already getting desperate for the Jets after a 1-0 loss to embattled Melbourne Victory left them in last place a quarter of the way through the W-League season.
See your ad here

A goal to Victory defender Rebekah Stott in first-half injury-time gave the hosts a deserved first win of the season at Simonds Stadium in Geelong on Saturday.

The result left Newcastle with only one point from three games in the 12-match national league season.

The Jets were without key playmaker Emily van Egmond because of a foot injury, but Melbourne had lost young star Ash Brown and skipper Louisa Bisby to season-ending injuries the previous weekend and appeared an ideal opponent for Newcastle after a 5-0 drubbing from Canberra.

But Victory dominated possession and goal-scoring opportunities, and only excellent work from teenage goalkeeper Eliza Campbell kept Newcastle in the game.

The Jets’ hopes of taking something from the match faded in the 82nd minute when central defender Stacey Day received two yellow cards in three minutes.

The first was for arguing with the referee over a free kick against Angela Salem. The second was for a shirt pull in a battle for possession.

Newcastle created only a few genuine chances in the game, and Crawford said the loss of van Egmond, the team’s only international, had hurt.

‘‘It’s hard without Emily, and we put Hannah [Brewer] in the midfield from our back line as well, which disrupted our defence,’’ Crawford said. ‘‘The second half we had a different team on and played better and that was a positive. But it’s disappointing we didn’t get the result, because it’s kind of getting to desperation stakes now because it is such a short season.’’

Debutante Sammara Schmitzer came into the Jets back line and had the tough task of marking Matildas speedster Stephanie Catley in the first half. But Schmitzer did not return for the second half after suffering a back injury while conceding a free kick, which Catley struck to find Stott at the far post for the winner.

Michaela Hatzirodos started up front for Newcastle instead of Tara Andrews, who came on in the 62nd minute and almost equalised with a header in the 68th minute. Crawford said the team’s attack had suffered from injury-enforced changes in the opening three games. ‘‘We got caught defending a lot with our seven and 11 [wingers], and that was possibly from the change at the back,’’ she said. ‘‘They got caught deep and we weren’t in the right positions to counter-attack in the final third. It was hard for us to get shots on goal and keep the ball up top when we didn’t have the personnel up there to support [Hatzirodos].’’

The Jets host Perth on Saturday in round four.

Elsewhere, Canberra beat Adelaide 3-1, Sydney downed Brisbane 3-1 and Western Sydney defeated Perth 2-0.

Thomas477
10-11-2012, 05:07 PM
Jets already down 2 nil within 20 minutes.

It's clear to me Sullivan is not up to the task of managing a W-League side. That, or NNSWF mantra of developing youngsters in the W-League is not resulting in results on the pitch.

While its good to develope our own youngsters, it's not a good look to be losing each match and propping up the table.

seldom
10-11-2012, 11:22 PM
Jets already down 2 nil within 20 minutes.

It's clear to me Sullivan is not up to the task of managing a W-League side. That, or NNSWF mantra of developing youngsters in the W-League is not resulting in results on the pitch.

While its good to develope our own youngsters, it's not a good look to be losing each match and propping up the table.

spot on Thomas...completing a thousand coaching certificates is great but you need to prove yourself as a coach. Honestly believe most of these guys are like the "yes" men of most organisations

Thomas477
11-11-2012, 07:34 PM
spot on Thomas...completing a thousand coaching certificates is great but you need to prove yourself as a coach. Honestly believe most of these guys are like the "yes" men of most organisations

Just looking at our past results over the 5 or so seasons of the W-League.

V1 we came second, wth players like Salisbury, Neilson and Gill. V2 Salisbury, Gill, van Edgmond, Peters etc left, we came dead last. Both under Gary Phillips, who I assume is Mr Jockey of Fox commentary.

V3, the first under NNSWF, we came 7th, only due to Adelaide not getting any points. Then came Tinks and players like Barbieri, de Vanna and Hingst, under Zane. Crowds were getting close to 1,000. We came 5th, sure, but it was a hopeful 5th.

This season, again under NNSWF, we've seen the return to focussing on developing youth. This has resulted in 3 all, 5-0, 1-0 and 6-1 losses. Now if Crook resigns after a 7-2 loss and a 3-2 loss, surely NNSWF need to be looking at Sullivan's spot.

Now I'm not affiliated with NSSWF or any of the girls in the team, but I have been playing football for a while now, but for a young team to be losing each game and conceding an average of just under 4 goals a game, surely it won't be helping their confidence.

Plus FFS, why is a Gypo coaching our team?

Superdylan
17-11-2012, 02:37 PM
Anyone going this arvo? Been a while since we decent had active support at one of these games.

Hamma12
17-11-2012, 03:43 PM
Anyone going this arvo? Been a while since we decent had active support at one of these games.

No no and no

demon
20-11-2012, 11:36 AM
I went and watched Sat game v Adelaide........ and yes it was typical Adelaide. They do what they can with a small population and few players ever willing to move to play for them.

The Jets played as well as the opposition let them..... which was pretty well. It's hard to judge having not seen prior games but in what I viewed they team does has some good young players in its ranks. (Adelaide actually have a very talented 15yo in their midfield also). It was some of the more well known players who seemed in that game to be the less enthusiastic.

Alisha Foote impressed playing out wide, positioned herself well, made some purposeful attacking runs against her opposite number. If the forward line had been reading the midfield runs better the opportunities would have been close to double, many times Foote & Boshers had defenders on their heels ready to put balls in behind the defence only to see no one anticipating but waiting for balls to be played before making a run.

Ball control was good across the park, they played out from the back well when the chance was there and Stacey Day was a good physical presence in the back line all game.

Some crowd comments were entertaining with some being obvious Tara Andrews or Gemma Simon fans and it being the rest of the team who did anything wrong but thats the same at any game at any level I guess.

Eliza Campbell again seemed quiet (vocally) in goals and was not tested to any great degree but the clean sheet is good for her confidence no doubt.

I have not had any interaction with the coaching staff personally, and perhaps it is their way, but it was quite a quiet bench with very little real positive observation being passed onto players during the game during the second half when I was directly behind them.

It was an entertaining game, it was not the same as playing Sydney/Melb/Brisbane but the effort continued for the full game which was encouraging. And while I enjoyed it it was not the same as watching last season, those names did create a level of excitement. Fingers crossed it is not just a single season we will see someone like Foote in a Jets jersey.

getting in free using my Jets membership was nice but if I was not given free entry as a member would I pay the entry fee of $10...... doubtful.

But would I go over again since it is free, sure. As long as I get another pass from the backyard renovations from the wife again first.

And I will say well done to the players for making the effort to get involved off the field. From the recent clinic, to the way the are willing to speak to and sign things after games, my daughter had nothing but praise for them being at her school the week prior and was a big influence in my going along to the game.

those things will hopefully see the numbers up around that mystical 1000 mark again.

demon
26-11-2012, 10:13 AM
Well it was a VERy different outcome to the Adelaide game, and to be honest it looked a very different team. Lethargic and disinterested at times by a Western Sydney team that themselves did not provide a dazzling performance.

The game gave the Jets coaching staff little to be happy with in terms of tactics or players desire. Beaten 3-0 to a less than amazing Wanderers side , with both sides and the crowd sufferring in the heat. For SW Sarah Walsh was the best of both sides probably, and for the Jets upfront there was simply no one. The rpevious result against Adelaide was put in a new light after seeing a side simply unable to break down an oppostition defence.

The lack of alternative methods the team showed really did paint a picture of a single minded approach by the coaches in terms of what is being worked on at training.

What was most dramtic , and even more oppressing than the heat was the pitch. Newcaslte has all age sides playing on better quality surfaces than that field. And it shows how little respect the W-League is being given by the clubs themselves. In all of western Sydney if that is the premuim surface available (at a cost reasonable to the home team) then the councils out there should be ashamed!! And more to the point so too should the FFA.

ForeverRed
26-11-2012, 03:00 PM
Well it was a VERy different outcome to the Adelaide game, and to be honest it looked a very different team. Lethargic and disinterested at times by a Western Sydney team that themselves did not provide a dazzling performance.

The game gave the Jets coaching staff little to be happy with in terms of tactics or players desire. Beaten 3-0 to a less than amazing Wanderers side , with both sides and the crowd sufferring in the heat. For SW Sarah Walsh was the best of both sides probably, and for the Jets upfront there was simply no one. The rpevious result against Adelaide was put in a new light after seeing a side simply unable to break down an oppostition defence.

The lack of alternative methods the team showed really did paint a picture of a single minded approach by the coaches in terms of what is being worked on at training.

What was most dramtic , and even more oppressing than the heat was the pitch. Newcaslte has all age sides playing on better quality surfaces than that field. And it shows how little respect the W-League is being given by the clubs themselves. In all of western Sydney if that is the premuim surface available (at a cost reasonable to the home team) then the councils out there should be ashamed!! And more to the point so too should the FFA.

why does Sullivan keep getting coaching gigs, his record isnt all that flash,

Thomas477
26-11-2012, 05:52 PM
why does Sullivan keep getting coaching gigs, his record isnt all that flash,

Like most of Newcaslte football isn't it? It's more WHO you know rather then WHAT you know.

Either way, I hope it doesn't appear like I'm trying to put shit on the players, I'm not. It's more Sullivan who as FR stated, does not have a good record but seems immune from scrutiny.

Pico
26-11-2012, 08:48 PM
Like most of Newcaslte football isn't it? It's more WHO you know rather then WHAT you know.

Either way, I hope it doesn't appear like I'm trying to put shit on the players, I'm not. It's more Sullivan who as FR stated, does not have a good record but seems immune from scrutiny.

Isn't he paid by FFA not even NNSW, sure I read that recently.

demon
27-11-2012, 11:52 AM
Isn't he paid by FFA not even NNSW, sure I read that recently.

After the announcement I asked a close friend whose is in the office side of Northern about him, the official line was that yes he was already on Northern's books so from a financial perspective the cost of him doing the role was not as great as bringing in another person entirely. And there are certainly other examples of Northern/FFA staff taking on rep coaching roles rather than appoint/pay additional staff. Haynsey and Kean Marshall for example have both done so.

Ok, I can understand that to a degree, we are all critical at times of where Northern spend money. I think what Northern are failing in most of all at the moment is communication (surprise suprise). What is the main objective of the Jets W-League??????

If it is performance in the comp then I think everyone would have to agree the results are below acceptable. Being such a short comp in length it does seem pointless changing coaches but under this scenario you certainly wouldn't be inviting him to apply again.

If it is purely development then its harder to quantify because it is all so subjective, but if that was the case why did they invite foreign players? And who above Sullivan has been attending training regulary, going to all games to be in a position to conduct an end of season review of him from a development point of view?

So the reality is they are trying to walk a very fine line between the two and I think failing the players on both levels. BUT I don't think naming a certain female (who was very public over the last 2 seasons in not getting the job) because she was female would have succeded either.

I will throw a name out though, maybe not a common first thought either of many. David Lowe...... has coached, with success, at youth level. Has been used in talent indentification. has played at the highest level in Aus at his time and knows local football. And if Northern come back with an excuse such as "oh not currently qualified" they should bury their heads in the sand.... if the FFA let A-League coaches become qualified while in the job then the same should apply for W-League.

Where I find it most surprising in Canberra, what so they do differently that lets them field such high quality sides consistantly? It couldn't merely be the AIS because the ages of players are spread.

EH9
27-11-2012, 09:20 PM

He seems to be getting plenty of scrutiny in the paper and on here. Can you run me through his poor record?

Thomas477
27-11-2012, 10:18 PM
He seems to be getting plenty of scrutiny in the paper and on here. Can you run me through his poor record?

From above:

Just looking at our past results over the 5 or so seasons of the W-League.

V1 we came second, wth players like Salisbury, Neilson and Gill. V2 Salisbury, Gill, van Edgmond, Peters etc left, we came dead last. Both under Gary Phillips, who I assume is Mr Jockey of Fox commentary.

V3, the first under NNSWF, we came 7th, only due to Adelaide not getting any points. Then came Tinks and players like Barbieri, de Vanna and Hingst, under Zane. Crowds were getting close to 1,000. We came 5th, sure, but it was a hopeful 5th.

This season, again under NNSWF, we've seen the return to focussing on developing youth. This has resulted in 3 all, 5-0, 1-0 and 6-1 losses. Now if Crook resigns after a 7-2 loss and a 3-2 loss, surely NNSWF need to be looking at Sullivan's spot.

Now I'm not affiliated with NSSWF or any of the girls in the team, but I have been playing football for a while now, but for a young team to be losing each game and conceding an average of just under 4 goals a game, surely it won't be helping their confidence.

Taken from before Adelaide game.

Under Wayne O'Sullivan the girls have only managed to beat a distinctly average Adelaide side and seem to be stuck in this holding pattern, while the better clubs like Roar and Canberra (who don't even have a HAL team FFS) are continually improving.

EH9
28-11-2012, 07:26 AM
Is it any surprise considering the 'investment' our owners make to this team? Last season there was a reputed 200 large spent on a team that couldn't make the semi finals. This year my information is that they have a budget of about a 10th of last years amount.

The difference between us and the other clubs, apart from financial models, is that our women's program runs from Sept-Jan each year. This unfortunately doesn't bode well for continued improvement.

demon
28-11-2012, 11:28 AM

In terms of W-League to quote the Herald "O’Sullivan coached the NNSWF-run Jets to the wooden spoon in 2009-10 and second-last in 2010-11" , and to quote David Eland in regard to the choice of appointments "Wayne O’Sullivan and Peter McGuiness is an effective use of resources" coming from the NSWIS program. Other may know more detail about the duo's impact on NSWIS.

I should also add the third wheel so to speak on player selection for the squad this year was David Smith who again seems to have slipped under the radar in terms of any responsibility over this seasons results.

His other records were Singapores S League with Geylang in 2004 they ran 7th and as an assis at Wellington in 08/09 when they came 6th.

demon
03-12-2012, 09:54 AM
Jets V Roar

In what must be becoming a disheartening season, especially for the imports, the Jets were again 'run down' after leading the game up to ten minutes in the second half.

One of thre American girls, Huster, put them in front after 15. Albeit after a lucky fall of the ball from a badly missed timed attempt by Van Egmond. The remainder of the second half was a display of chances never really effectively taken by the home side. Hatziridos was trouble for the Roar for the fist half but didn't take her best two chances to increase the lead.

As the Roar equilised and then took the lead it seemed a lack of confidence or lack of fitness began to creep into the Jets game more and more and eventually became a long ball 'hit it and hope' style affair compared to their first 40 mins.

The positive, again after the game some of the girls were willing to sign and chat with some of the younger girls who were there to watch which can only do good for the female side of the game.

demon
10-12-2012, 08:55 AM
V Canberra

Well I didn't travel to watch this one but the opinion comes from an experienced ACT coach who was there watching one of his previous charges play for Canberra.

Jets we again saved from being embarressed by Eliza Campbell who is impressing other coaches around the games more and more. Her defence allowed far too many opportunities and did not seem to have an answer to their oppositions tactics, and nor did the Jets bench. Similar to some comments regarding their male coutnerparts the term 'one dimensional' was used.

Playing the current champions and still the form side from all accounts, the Jets were slightly above a competitive training run for the ACT side, little in attack in way of varied options and a mistiming midfield. The word disinterested was used for one player prior to her departing the game.

ACT never appeared to kick into their highest gears and yet were able to control the game and were more convincing than the 1-0 scoreline if not for Campbell.

The question was put to me can they retain Campbell and continue her progress with the current structure and team prospects??? An interesting question.

EH9
12-12-2012, 09:17 PM
V Canberra

Well I didn't travel to watch this one but the opinion comes from an experienced ACT coach who was there watching one of his previous charges play for Canberra.

Jets we again saved from being embarressed by Eliza Campbell who is impressing other coaches around the games more and more. Her defence allowed far too many opportunities and did not seem to have an answer to their oppositions tactics, and nor did the Jets bench. Similar to some comments regarding their male coutnerparts the term 'one dimensional' was used.

Playing the current champions and still the form side from all accounts, the Jets were slightly above a competitive training run for the ACT side, little in attack in way of varied options and a mistiming midfield. The word disinterested was used for one player prior to her departing the game.

ACT never appeared to kick into their highest gears and yet were able to control the game and were more convincing than the 1-0 scoreline if not for Campbell.

The question was put to me can they retain Campbell and continue her progress with the current structure and team prospects??? An interesting question.

Not if Queensland want her.

seldom
17-12-2012, 11:41 AM
Jeez...loose to bottom of the table adelaide team 2 nil...now we're in last spot...last time I watched adelaide they were woeful.

Deans out

SkillsCoach
17-12-2012, 11:54 AM
Nothing has changed for Adelaide. The expectation was to lose before we went with Pascoe saying that it would be hard because we had so many players out. How come other teams can get by with the reserves coming in but none of the Newcastle sides can.

Thomas477
17-12-2012, 09:27 PM
Nothing has changed for Adelaide. The expectation was to lose before we went with Pascoe saying that it would be hard because we had so many players out. How come other teams can get by with the reserves coming in but none of the Newcastle sides can.

Because other team's reserves are actually good players, not just local state league players.

Surely Sullivan has to either get the sack or resign now or end of this season. He is a complete numpty who's managerial history would see him laughed out of any other job.

demon
21-12-2012, 02:47 PM
Because other team's reserves are actually good players, not just local state league players.

Surely Sullivan has to either get the sack or resign now or end of this season. He is a complete numpty who's managerial history would see him laughed out of any other job.

I would not think it is only Sullivan who should under heavy review....

David Smith - the head of the 'elite' area of Northern surely has to answer soon for the Federations rather poor standings at levels of nationals, representitive players and W-League selections.

The W-League trainers need to be heavily questioned over the high injury rate, its no good looking at the physio for answers after he has them on the table.

I have a disappointing feel that financial reasons will see very little change in the Jets W League structure over the next 24 months of Northerns control and no real change in vision from David Smith in how to approach it either.

EH9
21-12-2012, 10:12 PM
I have a disappointing feel that financial reasons will see very little change in the Jets W League structure over the next 24 months of Northerns control and no real change in vision from David Smith in how to approach it either.

This is the crux of all issues relating to the performance of this team. Due to lack of finance they do not have the cash to get in a coach who WANTS to coach top level women's football or have the cash to bring in players to assist local players in winning games. Local WPL clubs budgets would not be far behind that which the Federation is 'investing' in the jets girls.I have spoken to numerous player within the squad and the money they are or in some cases are not paid is a joke.

What will happen if the disgruntled local players decide not to play next season!!!

seldom
21-12-2012, 10:19 PM
Hangon ...last season they had plenty of money and signed some quality players but still failed. May have to look deeper.

EH9
22-12-2012, 11:30 AM
Hangon ...last season they had plenty of money and signed some quality players but still failed. May have to look deeper.

Very true!

The hard thing is to lure in the best players for a competition that only runs for 15 weeks. Who would move states from a couple thousand dollars and the added bonus of having to find yourself a job for the period that you are here???

pv4
22-12-2012, 05:43 PM
am watching mv v wsw women's now. I remember a couple of years ago watching the Matilda's and thinking "that uzunlar chick is well shit, she punts it long whenever she gets it". without even knowing who plays for what team, I turn this game on to a wsw cb punting it long and straight away I say "I bet that's uzunlar" - it was. this game has been boring me, fishlock for mv is embarrassing, and if uzunlar is our best cb option for Australia then our national team is shit

seldom
22-12-2012, 10:40 PM
pv4 if you thought that was ordinary i'd well advise you to stay away from the Jets women this season. Will do your fvcking head in

Bremsstrahlung
22-12-2012, 11:18 PM
Remember watching Women's World Cup a few years back (not the most recent). Appalling quality. Like, you'd see better in All Age.

seldom
23-12-2012, 09:14 PM
heard jets women got pumped 4 nil today and it should of been 10. Only highlight was jets keeper.o'sullivan out, mcguiness out, pascoe out, fvcking deans out

Thomas477
24-12-2012, 08:49 PM
heard jets women got pumped 4 nil today and it should of been 10. Only highlight was jets keeper.o'sullivan out, mcguiness out, pascoe out, fvcking deans out

Really getting embarrassing now. I honestly feel sorry for the women in the squad, they are hopelessly below the quality needed in the W-League and shouldn't be playing against opposition so much better then them. This obviously excludes van Egmond and Campbell (the gk).

The rest should not be playing at that level. Also, Sullivan should get the sack for getting together such a poor squad. FFS if Adelaide beats us, shit is seriously wrong.

EH9
24-12-2012, 09:01 PM

Keeper was average in the portion of the game I watched.

Agree that it is not a good look losing etc but lets be serious..... with no money how are they meant to attract the best players to the region to play for 10 weeks? Last season they did have the money and yet only really brought in one player from another state and the rest were young Matilda's that wouldn't make a NEW U19's team. The blame has to sit with the development process in our area that they haven't produced players of enough quality over the last 10 years.

seldom
25-12-2012, 12:08 AM
The blame has to sit with the development process in our area that they haven't produced players of enough quality over the last 10 years.

Agree totally....lets be fair dinkum its womens football we should be able to have a team of locally produced players with maybe 2 imports and be competitive. Still believe all these elite teams playing the same system is dogshit

EH9
26-12-2012, 06:21 PM
Agree totally....lets be fair dinkum its womens football we should be able to have a team of locally produced players with maybe 2 imports and be competitive. Still believe all these elite teams playing the same system is dogshit

Does seem pointless when you look at the top level in both Mens and Womens comps in this country and you see how many teams play the mandated system!

demon
02-01-2013, 01:13 PM
Remember watching Women's World Cup a few years back (not the most recent). Appalling quality. Like, you'd see better in All Age.

No one will deny Womens football is not Mens, especially physically, but that is a bit insulting. Have ever you watched Japan, Germany, USA???

And as for All Age , ID1 had in 2013 an player come from the local womens comp in Newcastle and she certainly made more than one player embarressed over the second half of the season so I wouldn't brag all to highly about All Age around Newcastle.

demon
02-01-2013, 01:21 PM
Does seem pointless when you look at the top level in both Mens and Womens comps in this country and you see how many teams play the mandated system!

The mandated system was implemented with the idea that talanted players would find similar structures as they progressed. For example a highly talented wing back in 14's then progressed to a 15's coach who played a straight 4 back line and diamond midfield and then became lost for example. And that could have just been at the club level or local rep level.

The concept of training to a system is fine as long as their is education supplied with it about how to adapt.

At the highest level we should be playing the formation that best suits our talent and our opposition not to a formula.

On the subject of local talent, have a read of David Lowe's recent article where he looks at just that topic, or should i say highlights the gross lack of local talent at the highest levels of the code. Newcastle may have been a stagige of many players careers but as for locally grown.... the history is very depressing.

Yet if you look at our local structure how many have held positions for long periods..... David Smith (again) - if the buck stops there then no just womens but all talent identification and progress has been quite poor under his years at Northern.

sammydog
13-01-2013, 12:01 AM
Anyone heading into the W-League game tomorrow? My daughter has been asking to go so we are looking to head in. Can anyone tell me what the games cost to get into so I have the right cash.

Hamma12
13-01-2013, 12:06 AM
Anyone heading into the W-League game tomorrow? My daughter has been asking to go so we are looking to head in. Can anyone tell me what the games cost to get into so I have the right cash.

w-league matches.....free entry for club members
not sure otherwise

EH9
13-01-2013, 11:35 AM
$10 per adult!!!

EH9
21-02-2013, 02:45 PM

Was talking to Eliza recently and the answer to this is a resounding yes. She has decided to move here and play for the Emerging Jets U18 girls team this season and is training with Lakes men's keepers.