PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Jets Yoof State League Campaign

MFKS
01-03-2013, 09:36 AM
Thread just for the dribble about our junior Jets Campaigns towards one day being able to continue the tradition of HAL mediocrity.

MFKS
01-03-2013, 09:44 AM
Jets door opens for Musialik via youth team

By RYAN OSLAND

STUART Musialik is likely to be offered a specially created mentor playing position with the Jets youth side for the Northern NSW State League season as a step to bring him back to the A-League club full-time.

The Jets under-20 squad will be allowed to register one over-age, uncontracted player in their second season in the state league, which kicks off next month.

Northern NSW Football chief executive David Eland revealed yesterday that the mentor player rule was created with Musialik in mind after discussions with Jets counterpart Robbie Middleby in recent weeks.

Although Musialik is not certain to fill the role, Eland said state league clubs were told the 2007-08 Jets grand final winner was the reason the position had been floated.

‘‘It’s for a very specific case,’’ Eland said.

‘‘Stuart Musialik has been invited to train with them and we believe that playing in the state league would provide Stuart with a tremendous opportunity to perhaps resurrect his professional career with a professional club while playing in his home town.

‘‘I think it’s a great opportunity for the player, particularly given his standing in the game and the fact he’s a local.

‘‘I think it’s of great benefit to the league as well to have someone of his stature playing in our competition and playing with the Jets.

‘‘Even if he doesn’t resurrect his career, he will be a great player to have in amongst those young kids.

‘‘It will be of great benefit to them.’’

Musialik’s manager, Joel Grennell, said the Jets were yet to approach him or his client about the role, but he believed it could be a winner.

‘‘There’s been no mention of any sort of mentor roles for Stuey,’’ he said. ‘‘The only thing going on with him at the moment is the possibility of joining the Jets next year.

‘‘I will be coming up to Newcastle next week to catch up with Stuey and the club and see exactly where everything is at.

‘‘Hopefully they put something to us then. If that’s the case, the role would be ideal for where we are at with Stuey.’’

Musialik, a Beijing Olympian, has not played in the A-League since February 2011, when he parted ways with Sydney FC after three seasons.

The 27-year-old Adamstown junior spent 2011-12 with the Central Coast Mariners, but injuries and off-field issues ruined his season.

The Jets invited the midfielder to train with them last December, but he has spent his time since working alone on his fitness.

The mentor player concession was not tabled to clubs in original discussions, which failed to resolve guidelines for Jets youth registration.

Clubs were split on the rules, leaving the NNSWF board to decide on guidelines at their February 14 meeting.

Other changes were the allowance of three under-20 A-League contracted players to be part of the 68-strong Jets roster across the state league grades.

Those three must not be established A-League players. The definition of an established player was changed from someone who has appeared in 10 games for each of the past two seasons to one who has started in 10 in total over the past two campaigns.

The Jets will also be allowed to register an over-age goalkeeper.

Jets youth coach Clayton Zane has said Mitch Cooper, Mitch Oxborrow and goalkeeper Jack Duncan are likely to fill the A-League-contracted spots.

Eland said clubs were told of the mentor player proposal and asked for feedback. He said only two clubs were against it.

‘‘The majority of clubs were positive about mentor rule and particularly about Stuart,’’ he said.

This rule would rule out Chapo Gallaway (Hopefully) Chilli by my reckoning.

Hooley Cooper Oxborrow Duncan would be still eligible.

Kanta would probably qualify on the lack of games aspect but is probably too old now.

Would rather see the former undisputed King St fighting champion take on the mentor role as punishment for his injury prone ness and him costing the HAL squad his services for the end of season coz he was out on the town and not doing as he was meant too.

Personally wouldn't it be more benficial if Stu Musialik was too be part of the HAL squad next season to get him too play for a Olympic/Magic/Edgy etc and get his fitness and form from there and leave one squad spot for a kid in the Jets Yoof to develop? I don't think Stu needs to necessary play under our banner to be doing what he needs to make it back to HAL

BK for the overage keeper spot???

Zico
01-03-2013, 10:14 AM

Kanta would probably qualify on the lack of games aspect but is probably too old now.

Would rather see the former undisputed King St fighting champion take on the mentor role as punishment for his injury prone ness and him costing the HAL squad his services for the end of season coz he was out on the town and not doing as he was meant too.

Personally wouldn't it be more benficial if Stu Musialik was too be part of the HAL squad next season to get him too play for a Olympic/Magic/Edgy etc and get his fitness and form from there and leave one squad spot for a kid in the Jets Yoof to develop? I don't think Stu needs to necessary play under our banner to be doing what he needs to make it back to HAL

why only Olympic/Magic/Edgy?

ForeverRed
01-03-2013, 10:23 AM

chapman and gallaway and Kanta have played to many first team games to be considered, chilli is to old, dont understand why they need a mentor, last time egg head addressed the NBN clubs his selling point was to help the young players by playing against older players now its all about playing with a senior player, all I get out of this is that the Sate League clubs have been rail roaded and rooted up the arse again, this goes against what sate league clubs wanted, dont beleive every thing you read in the paper, Im just glad his not mentoring my son given his pass discretions

MFKS
01-03-2013, 11:00 AM
why only Olympic/Magic/Edgy?

Did you miss the bit after I said this an put an etc in ???

sh10
01-03-2013, 11:35 AM
Jets yoof - the sydney fc of state leaguelol

q-money
01-03-2013, 11:43 AM
:rof:

Swanky
01-03-2013, 03:44 PM
Jets youth should not be in nnsw state league they should be in a comp with mariners jets FC and wanderers youth as well as a nnsw 23's select side as well as a central coast 23's and a Sydney pl 23's team playing Tuesday nights this would be a lot stronger then in our state league and you don't need the rep sides just thought extra games for our younger kids

ForeverRed
01-03-2013, 05:44 PM
Pretty sure the state league is a long stronger then your imaginary teams,

MFKS
01-03-2013, 06:09 PM
Agree with some of your sentiment Swanky. Believe long term we WILL be playing NSWPL. Unfortunately our association with the NNSW will see us forced to go down the NNSW State League road for a while yet. At least until NNSW gets the shits with the Jets superiority over the other clubs or we get the shits playing opposition not presenting enough of a challenge

Zico
01-03-2013, 06:23 PM
Agree with some of your sentiment Swanky. Believe long term we WILL be playing NSWPL. Unfortunately our association with the NNSW will see us forced to go down the NNSW State League road for a while yet. At least until NNSW gets the shits with the Jets superiority over the other clubs or we get the shits playing opposition not presenting enough of a challenge
Are you serious or just doing a gee up? The Jets Youth should win almost every game they play in the state league. Remember they are playing as pro's with pro coaches and the best staff at their disposal while the state league players are all part time players with part time coaches and staff that are volunteers.
I'm not against the Jets being in the comp but I do feel the comp is being treated with a certain level of contempt by them playing in the league.

I do however think you are on the right path when you say that they should be in the NSW State League as it would test these players better but again we are treating these comp's and clubs with a certain level of contempt by just putting them in there.

prawnhead
01-03-2013, 08:04 PM

You are a dead set tool mate.

Swanky
01-03-2013, 08:13 PM
Pretty sure the state league is a long stronger then your imaginary teams,
Are you telling me Sydney FC, Mariners Youth and Wanderers youth are of less standard the NNSW State League yes i know the rep teams will be weaker standard but it's a chance to give them exposure

nbnjet
01-03-2013, 10:16 PM
former undisputed King St fighting champion

Is this totally necessary? The kid is a local and one can honestly say he always tries his hardest for our team. Am i missing something or do you have a personal issue with him?

MFKS
02-03-2013, 08:21 AM
Are you serious or just doing a gee up? The Jets Youth should win almost every game they play in the state league. Remember they are playing as pro's with pro coaches and the best staff at their disposal while the state league players are all part time players with part time coaches and staff that are volunteers.
I'm not against the Jets being in the comp but I do feel the comp is being treated with a certain level of contempt by them playing in the league.

I do however think you are on the right path when you say that they should be in the NSW State League as it would test these players better but again we are treating these comp's and clubs with a certain level of contempt by just putting them in there.

Zico I will spell this out for you as you seem to have a hard time trying to comprehend my posts.

Agree with some of your sentiment Swanky>> That's me acknowledging and respecting Swanky's post. Some of his ideas I don't fully agree with but he is heading in the direction I agree with

Believe long term we WILL be playing NSWPL >> Solely my opinion that one day I envisage all HAL Clubs playing their yoofs in their respective state league comp each winter. Heart/CCM and us (NNSW thanks to the 2 feds in NSW situation) are already doing it.

Unfortunately our association with the NNSW will see us forced to go down the NNSW State League road for a while yet. HSG have a pretty tight relationship with NNSW Fed at present. I would even suggest the National team club in Newy and the local Fed have never been so closeley aligned as they are at present since the day KB was first floated. Due to this I can't see HSG sacking off the NNSW Fed and upsettiong them anytime soon to join the NSWPL

At least until NNSW gets the shits with the Jets superiority or we get the shits playing opposition not presenting enough of a challenge The Jets don't quite have a TOTAL superiority over the NNSW State League but with the development of the Jets Yoof team playing NBN and NSL the emerging Jets program and the extra teams playing State League how long do you think it will take for us to be dominating every grade of the NBN State League?? In my opinion it shouldn't take long at all for the Jets to be winning all grades with their superior techincal skills and professionalism.

What will happen then?? I can't see the clubs that make up the NNSW Fed being content to play second fiddle to the Jets every season and a great year for them would be a GF appearnace before getting thumped by the Jets Yoof. When that happens I can see self interest taking over with these clubs looking to get rid of the Jets from the NBN League as they are killing these clubs prospects of success. On the flipside to this what of the Jets ?? Turning up every game and winning convincingly against inferior opposition isn't going to assist in developing the kids long term. I can easily see HSG looking at moving us to the NSWPL to get themselves tougher challenges every week.

I have been watching these kids in the Jets Yoof team play through last years NBN program and this years NYL. Some of these kids who are gonna make up the core of the NBN Jets Yoof side have come along a long way since this time last year. Some of the new kids arriving into the Jets yoof team are better equipped to deal with the NBN League than the initial group was when they started and I am fully expecting this years side to be better equipped in the NBN State League this year than last year by a significantly larger amount. What also happens in years to come when the Emerging Jets program is in full swing and the players coming through the ranks are better than the previous age group??

End of day Newcastle Jets Yoof future in the NBN State league is short term and not long term.

MFKS
02-03-2013, 08:23 AM
Is this totally necessary? The kid is a local and one can honestly say he always tries his hardest for our team. Am i missing something or do you have a personal issue with him?

Yes it is Private joke between me and Plague.

Kanta is my new whipping boy

seldom
02-03-2013, 09:59 PM
so the yoof have got a little better playin in the state league...how about givin the local comp a little more respect and maybe others will give you a little more...and by the way Kale has been spotted and earmarked by all that matter long before you started tuggin over him.

ForeverRed
05-03-2013, 11:30 AM
Interesting comments in today's herald regarding the jets youth mentor, it's obvious the NNSWF board will do what the jets want, **** the clubs

Imyourhero
05-03-2013, 11:33 AM
It's only Stu, at this time in his life he'd be lucky to get a start for any of the nbn teams.

ForeverRed
05-03-2013, 11:56 AM
I'm not against stu, I'm against the way northern and the jets secretly come up with these ideas

Imyourhero
05-03-2013, 12:24 PM
Yeah i get where you're coming from and i agree.
The way things are going the competition will eventually lose all integrity for everyone except Jets Yoofs once they get to the point where they are smashing everyone 5-0.
Hopefully for the sake of both parties they are moved onto a higher standard of competition before that happens. Young kids don't learn from winning 5-0 every week anyways.

MFKS
05-03-2013, 05:58 PM
Interesting comments in today's herald regarding the jets youth mentor, it's obvious the NNSWF board will do what the jets want, **** the clubs

Can you elaborate us all as to who votes these things through and where there affiliations come from??

Pico
05-03-2013, 06:55 PM
I don't see how its **** the clubs considering that only 3 raised issue with the actual idea, while the rest agreed but a few more did believe it could have been handled better.

Can you elaborate us all as to who votes these things through and where there affiliations come from??

NORTHERN NSW Football's decision to introduce a rule allowing the Jets to likely field two-time A-League grand final winner Stuart Musialik as a mentor player in their youth side's state league campaign has split the clubs.

On Monday, representatives from Hamilton, Lake Macquarie and Edgeworth expressed their opposition to the concession, which was not part of initial debates over regulations for the Jets under 20s' second year in the NNSW State League.

While representatives from all nine clubs believed the timing of the rule's introduction six weeks out from the season was not ideal, Valentine, Weston, Broadmeadow, Lambton Jaffas, Charlestown and South Cardiff backed the initiative.

They supported the move given it was made to help the Adamstown junior and former Weston first-grader get his professional career back on track with the Jets, who he won a grand final with in 2007-08.

Musialik, who turns 28 this month, has not played in the A-League since February 2011 because of injury and off-field issues.

The Jets have invited the midfielder, a Beijing Olympian, to train with them with a view to helping him resurrect his career.

The senior mentor role, for an over-age and uncontracted player in the under-20 side, was created after talks with NNSWF boss David Eland and Jets chief executive Robbie Middleby.

After a vote on regulations dictating the Jets' participation in the league was deadlocked, the NNSWF board decided on the guidelines.

The mentor position was added to the rules after the initial debates ended in a stalemate.

Eland called the club presidents to tell them of the rule and to seek their feedback.

Lake Macquarie and Edgeworth submitted written objections to the guideline.

Edgeworth treasurer Warren Mills said the concession was too much.

"It's six weeks out from the competition and the Jets are introducing new rules again," Mills said.

"Is it the national Jets youth league competition and we're playing in it, or is it the NBN league and we're helping them out by having a team in?

"We believe he's taking the position of a young bloke. We've got no issue with Stuey but we believe it's not right to be introducing new rules now. It disrespects our competition."

He said other clubs were not given the same latitude when wanting to make changes and that Musialik could benefit equally from playing with another state league club.

"At his age he's not going to be a better player being with the Jets youth than an NBN club," he said.

"He could achieve just the same at an NBN club."

Lake Macquarie secretary Jim Armstrong said his club objected to the rule because it went against the reason the Jets youth were in the competition.

"Stuart Musialik is a proven A-League player," Armstrong said.

"If he is to achieve this aim of coming back, it needs to go through conventional channels.

"We remain supportive of the inclusion of the Jets youth team in the state league on the basis that it promotes youth with a strong focus on regional talent.

"We're not supportive of using it as a vehicle to bring back proven and experienced A-League players.

"We're sympathetic to Stuart's situation but we don't believe the integrity of the competition should be compromised.

"We're disappointed it was made without true consultation. It was offered to us as a fait accompli."

Hamilton secretary Con Gounis said his club did not make a written submission but had concerns about the move.

"The decision came with the season almost upon us," Gounis said.

"We appreciate he is a favourite of Newcastle and we want him back in the game but perhaps he could have come through and played with a local club.

"The Jets side is a youth team."

The other side of the debate was that Musialik's potential comeback would be best served playing and training with the Jets.

Weston secretary Shane Johnson said he would be disappointed if any club voted against the initiative and that Musialik needed to be training full-time with the Jets rather than part-time with a state league club.

"If we can't help a local boy like Stuart potentially get back, we're all a bit too worried about our own backyard," Johnson said.

"Concessions have to be made for local people when it comes to the Jets youth team. Sometimes it's about morals rather than rules.

"He played in a grand final for us in 2004 so we might be a bit biased, but if we can help him get back, why not?"

Broadmeadow president Steve Foteff agreed.

"We support it in principle given it is offering him a chance because he is local," Foteff said.

"The other side of it is, we feel all the clubs need to focus more on their own player roster and not so much on other teams.

"And one player is not going to make that much difference to them."

Jaffas secretary John Hamilton said clubs needed to do what was best for Musialik.

"We've got no hesitations in supporting Stuart, knowing that he's gone through a few hard times," Hamilton said.

"I think if we didn't it would be because of self-interest and we're better than that.

"It's only a game at the end of the day, and if we can't support a local lad, then shame on us."

Charlestown secretary Stephen Wright said: "Giving the bloke a lifeline is good, it's just the process that upset the clubs," Wright said.

"It's good for football in the area to have people like him playing in that league."

South Cardiff president Peter Brown said: "I didn't have a problem with Stuart coming back into the competition.

"I was concerned with 'where to from here' but I was assured the rule wouldn't be used for other purposes.

"It was very short notice but in principle we don't have a problem with it as long as we're kept informed and it's reviewed on a case-by-case basis."

Valentine operations manager Mick Hugo had no issue with the move.

"It's good for the game and it's good that they're trying to help a local boy as well," he said.

"He's not an outsider and if he gets back into the game, all well and good."

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/1341300/clubs-divided-on-jets-concession/?cs=306

Seems some of the clubs would just rather have Stu in their team and thats what they have taken an issue with, he is better served training full time with the jets youth and seniors then an NBN part time team.

I can only imagine the calls of injustice should stu have agreed to play for an NBN team & then when the jets pre-season kicks off moved over to the senior jets squad, finacnial compensation is needed, stealing our players, no respect for the local league/clubs etc etc. Same old shit really and the reason I originally wanted the youth to move to the NSW Premier League to free itself from this sort of shit in NNSW's backyard. Ironically then I'm sure we'd hear the calls of no respect for the local federation or NBN league, take our players and move them to the Sydney comp etc. Damned if you do damned if you don't.

ForeverRed
05-03-2013, 07:06 PM
You obviously haven't played local football or been involved with a top flight club

Imyourhero
05-03-2013, 10:14 PM
I'm not too much in the know about this whole situation so i have a question.

If Stu gets injured, does the new senior mentor role mean the Jets are able to temporarily move in any overage player they want to in Stu's absence?

nbnjet
05-03-2013, 10:21 PM
I'm not against stu, I'm against the way northern and the jets secretly come up with these ideas

Was it a secret because you weren't invited to the meeting? Not one person in the herald article mentions a secret deal. So why do you? And if your associated with South Cardiff your club has no problem with it anyhow, or is that just public show?

nbnjet
05-03-2013, 10:24 PM
I don't see how its **** the clubs considering that only 3 raised issue with the actual idea, while the rest agreed but a few more did believe it could have been handled better.

Seems some of the clubs would just rather have Stu in their team and thats what they have taken an issue with, he is better served training full time with the jets youth and seniors then an NBN part time team.

I can only imagine the calls of injustice should stu have agreed to play for an NBN team & then when the jets pre-season kicks off moved over to the senior jets squad, finacnial compensation is needed, stealing our players, no respect for the local league/clubs etc etc. Same old shit really and the reason I originally wanted the youth to move to the NSW Premier League to free itself from this sort of shit in NNSW's backyard. Ironically then I'm sure we'd hear the calls of no respect for the local federation or NBN league, take our players and move them to the Sydney comp etc. Damned if you do damned if you don't.

Because some clubs are showing public face on the matter. I wouldn't doubt if NNSW told the Herald to do a ring around the clubs to out their public opinion on it. Just a thought.

mervan
05-03-2013, 10:51 PM
Whats the squad make up

punter
06-03-2013, 12:28 AM

True pico so true

Mumbler
06-03-2013, 10:34 PM
And before you can field any teams in the FNSW Premier League FNSW, and their affiliated Clubs, have to want you in it. You also have to field a team in every age group from 12 Boys up to First Grade. So it's not just a matter of sticking a couple of teams in their competition.

Believe me, there are enough fights down there, with Clubs that are in Super League wanting to be promoted to Premier League. I don't think they are going to let anyone, be they Jets teams or anyone else from NNSW, walk in to their competition. Not to mention that none of them will want to come up here to play every second week. Hornsby is the boondocks when you're going North and the Central Coast is where you go for Holidays. Newcastle...too far away!

Don't hold your breathe waiting for Jets to enter FNSW Premier League :banghead:

MFKS
05-04-2013, 09:49 PM
Season starts tomorrow

Saturday 6 April

Newcastle Jets Youth V Valentine FC Cahill Oval 2.30pm FIRST GRADE

Jets Yoof U18's in the U23's KO at 12:45 am
Jets Yoof U16's in the U19's KO at 11:00 am
Jets Yoof U15's in the U17's KO at 9:15 am

I will be unable to make it down there tomorrow so can someone else keep track/reports of what goes on

ForeverRed
05-04-2013, 10:36 PM
Sydney jets youth

hawk
05-04-2013, 10:44 PM
You obviously haven't played local football or been involved with a top flight club

You calling any team in nnsw top flight? baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

hawk
05-04-2013, 10:46 PM
We've got no hesitations in supporting Stuart, knowing that he's gone through a few hard times," Hamilton said
what about other players who have hit hard times? dont start this crap champ.

ForeverRed
05-04-2013, 11:33 PM
You calling any team in nnsw top flight? baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Read it again stupid

Captain_Carl
19-11-2021, 09:19 AM
Jets will be playing in NPL2 in season 2022 in Sydney. There are now 3 divisions of 16 teams (NPL 1, 2 and 3) whereas there used to be 4 of 12 teams. I hope this helps.