PDA

View Full Version : HAL Rd 24 Newcastle United Jets V Perth Glory Friday 7:30KO

MFKS
05-03-2013, 04:54 PM
Mods feel free to add details

MFKS
05-03-2013, 04:56 PM
Lets wash away the pain with a dominant performance. Come On Boys

Heskey out but I still feel this weeks pain and suffering will see our blokes fired up to tear into them.

Hopefully Birraz kicks Smeltz in the head in some round about version of retribution

plague
05-03-2013, 05:30 PM
Lucky we rested Heskey against Melbourne so he's right for the big game..............

Oh wait

Grimario
05-03-2013, 05:56 PM
Burns is back from injury, expect someone to not play again this season.

My2BobsWorth
05-03-2013, 05:58 PM
In our 4-2-3-1 formation, the "2" must be on the ball or we are rooted. Prob need Bernie and Ribs onboard to boost average age also.:grin:

sh10
05-03-2013, 07:53 PM
Kick off is at 6:30pm according to the FSN

NewcastleForLife
05-03-2013, 08:43 PM
In our 4-2-3-1 formation, the "2" must be on the ball or we are rooted. Prob need Bernie and Ribs onboard to boost average age also.:grin:

Needs to be Koala and Zadko (hopefully only a one-off bad game) IMO. Best cover for our back 4/2.

belchardo
05-03-2013, 09:01 PM
would like to think we got our shit performances out of our system last week, but given we're playing perth, we'll turn in another one.

3-1 to perth, smeltz to break birra's nose.

belchardo
05-03-2013, 09:02 PM
Kick off is at 6:30pm according to the FSN

pretty sure it's on at 7:30pm

Nelson Bay Road
05-03-2013, 09:08 PM
Isn't kick off the show before the Friday night fixture on fox??
Usually starts an hour before kickoff

belchardo
05-03-2013, 09:26 PM
:oops:

so we were both right.

woo! Mel!

militiamon
05-03-2013, 09:57 PM
Set to be our biggest match of the season.

Forget about all the nonsense before this match.

pv4
05-03-2013, 09:59 PM
I hate watching smeltz play for anyone but us.

it's like the ex girlfriend who got away.

GazFish35
05-03-2013, 10:10 PM
Mods feel free to add details

Details.

Jets lose.

seldom
06-03-2013, 02:11 AM
jerks win...heskey goal...haterz complaining it was only another "tap in".Biz to save our arses again.Rubes to be best on ground or sent off or both.

p.s. Just remembered Heskey's out......loose

Jeterpool
06-03-2013, 07:47 AM
:oops:

so we were both right.

woo! Mel!

Poor form but you stuck the dismount :gent:

boz-monaut
06-03-2013, 08:06 AM
how many more games do we have to loose until it's mathematically impossible to make the finals?

Grimario
06-03-2013, 09:34 AM
Considering we are already in the top 6, we could lose the rest and still make it. All depends on how the other teams do. Nix did us a huge favour beating Heart.

Jetmaster
06-03-2013, 11:02 AM
Hmm - if we lose the next two we will still be in the hunt though we would probably need to beat WSW at home in the last game.

q-money
06-03-2013, 11:48 AM
we must not let the gypos win the plate

wsw is a must loose game

sh10
06-03-2013, 12:04 PM
pretty sure it's on at 7:30pm

FSN were showing the wrong time then...glad its at 730 as it means I may get home from work just in time to watch live

lil_masi
06-03-2013, 12:17 PM
FSN were showing the wrong time then...glad its at 730 as it means I may get home from work just in time to watch live

630 is when coverage started i.e. KickOff show

Grimario
06-03-2013, 04:14 PM
Hmm - if we lose the next two we will still be in the hunt though we would probably need to beat WSW at home in the last game.

I've done the math.

If we lose this one I think it most likely means we are out. Sydney have to play the top 3 so they aren't likely a threat but Brisbane have both Sydney and Heart at home so that's almost 6 points in the bank. Perth beat us and all they need is a win in one of their last 3 games (Nix, @Vic, AU) to go above us. Heart have AU, WSW, @BR and scum to finish with so I think they are out as well.

Top 4 unchanged... WSW, CCM, MV, AU then I reckon it will be BR and PG rounding it out. Us to finish 7th by a point behind PG or maybe 8th/9th on GD if Sydney/Heart get a win out of their last 4 games

My2BobsWorth
06-03-2013, 04:38 PM
Against Phoenix we had 235 completed passes and WON, against Victory we had 454 completed passes and LOST. If we hold on to the ball a bit more, run at them, we might just do alright. In saying that I think the incomplete passes play a larger role than completed passes.

MFKS
06-03-2013, 07:05 PM
I've done the math.

If we lose this one I think it most likely means we are out. Sydney have to play the top 3 so they aren't likely a threat but Brisbane have both Sydney and Heart at home so that's almost 6 points in the bank. Perth beat us and all they need is a win in one of their last 3 games (Nix, @Vic, AU) to go above us. Heart have AU, WSW, @BR and scum to finish with so I think they are out as well.

Top 4 unchanged... WSW, CCM, MV, AU then I reckon it will be BR and PG rounding it out. Us to finish 7th by a point behind PG or maybe 8th/9th on GD if Sydney/Heart get a win out of their last 4 games

Now that you have worked all that out **** going Friday

stopper2
06-03-2013, 09:30 PM
Against Phoenix we had 235 completed passes and WON, against Victory we had 454 completed passes and LOST. If we hold on to the ball a bit more, run at them, we might just do alright. In saying that I think the incomplete passes play a larger role than completed passes.
Actually I think it's whether you can put the ball in the back of the net more times than your opponent which is the key to winning!

Grimario
06-03-2013, 09:34 PM
Now that you have worked all that out **** going Friday

Nah, **** that. I'm already missing out on the WSW visit so this will be my last game of the season :(

Raw Boned Youngster
07-03-2013, 07:21 AM
The real worry is that Perth are playing quite well at the moment- new style, much more creative and they seem to be enjoying themselves. On top of that, they have never feared coming to Newcastle. Perth3, Jets0.

Jetmaster
07-03-2013, 08:30 AM
Although I'll be cheering for victory, I think it will be better for us in the medium/long term to get flogged this weekend !

Scmultz hatty...

cobra23
07-03-2013, 08:41 AM
Righto you pessimistic fu$ks,
Typic forum bagging the shit out of your local team in a time when any support for them might help them get over the line.
JETS 2 - 1 WIN............
Lets get behind them in numbers.... its not like we are out of finals contention, look at wellington they cant make it...
WE CAN

Grimario
07-03-2013, 09:01 AM
look at wellington they cant make it...

Nix on 24 points... 3 wins = 9 points = 33 points = more than us.
If we can still make it, so can they...

Newieutd
07-03-2013, 09:35 AM
We win Friday night - we will be short priced favourites to make the playoffs

hawk
07-03-2013, 10:25 AM
Righto you pessimistic fu$ks,
Typic forum bagging the shit out of your local team in a time when any support for them might help them get over the line.
JETS 2 - 1 WIN............
Lets get behind them in numbers.... its not like we are out of finals contention, look at wellington they cant make it...
WE CAN
our support wont help with selection, tactics and away games. I chose the numbers 2, 5 and 7 to get behind them. Dont forget we are throwing a win to wsw

Jeterpool
07-03-2013, 10:57 AM
A lot to play for tomorrow night

I'm predicting 2-0 win. Taggart and Goodwin to score.

snake
07-03-2013, 11:11 AM
hitman to return - nothing else to matter

cobra23
07-03-2013, 11:25 AM
our support wont help with selection, tactics and away games. I chose the numbers 2, 5 and 7 to get behind them. Dont forget we are throwing a win to wsw

Yeah i know that,

But we have 2 home games left = 6 points... hopefully.

plague
07-03-2013, 11:30 AM
We win Friday night - we will be short priced favourites to make the playoffs

Yeah i know that,

But we have 2 home games left = 6 points... hopefully.

But we've agreed to throw the Wanderers match if it means they get first.
So really only looking at best 3 points there chief.

sh10
07-03-2013, 11:52 AM
4-0 jets

MFKS
07-03-2013, 11:54 AM
The real worry is that Perth are playing quite well at the moment- new style, much more creative and they seem to be enjoying themselves. On top of that, they have never feared coming to Newcastle. Perth3, Jets0.

Watched Perth play Smurfs last week and they were struggling to beat a 10 men side with Lord Griffo and ADP having quiet games. There was nothing to fear from their play.

The biggest thing to fear will be if one of their players gets a start. Last week Pantelides came off injured and they put some red headed kid on with with a stoopid hair cut. Bloke kept dwelling on the ball and coughing up possession. It was just like watching our backline in full flight.

What concerns me is GVE seeing this up close and in the flesh and giving the bloke a five year contract as he is as good if not better as the rest of our young defenders at this type of activity

Jetmaster
07-03-2013, 12:15 PM
Mr Burns is back this weekend I believe...

plague
07-03-2013, 12:50 PM
Miller is a gun.
Will tear us a new one.
Perth score first.

Grimario
07-03-2013, 12:52 PM
I reckon we can win this one. They don't have Billy Mehmet to out head us this game so we should be fine :gent:

Grimario
07-03-2013, 03:17 PM
Newcastle Jets squad: 1. Ben Kennedy (gk), 2. Scott Neville, 5. Dominik Ritter, 7. James Brown, 8. Ruben Zadkovich, 10. Bernardo Ribeiro, 11. Connor Chapman, 12. Josh Brillante, 15. Craig Goodwin, 17. James Virgili, 18. Jacob Pepper, 19. Michael Bridges, 20. Mark Birighitti (gk), 21. Marko Jesic, 22. Adam Taggart, 25. Mitch Cooper, 26. Andrew Hoole.

Ins: James Brown and James Virgili (returning from illness), Michael Bridges (returning from being rested).
Outs: Zenon Caravella (hamstring), Emile Heskey (calf), Sam Gallaway (knee), Taylor Regan (suspended).
Unavailable: Ben Kantarovski (knee).

The Hunter Ports Newcastle Jets have named a 17-man squad for Friday night’s critical encounter with Perth Glory at Hunter Stadium.

Jets head coach Gary van Egmond revealed that Adam Taggart will once again play at the point of the attack in the absence of Emile Heskey, with Michael Bridges offering support in attack.

“The formation is the same, but obviously with the injury sustained to Emile, Tags will keep on playing in that position, but we’ll bring Bridgey back in as the number 10 underneath,” van Egmond said.

“With the likes of Bridgey in there supporting him and being at home, I think Tags can really flourish in that number 9 role.”

Van Egmond also indicated that James Brown was in line to make a return to the Jets’ starting XI.

“James Brown will be playing on the right hand side,” van Egmond said.

“We’ve had a good chat and he feels good in regards to his body now. He was a little bit all over the place a couple of weeks ago, but he feels better now.

“He obviously had that sickness down in Melbourne, but he’s 100 per cent now and raring to go.”

While van Egmond stopped short of calling Friday night’s game a must-win, he did not hesitate to acknowledge the importance of the clash in the context of the Jets season.

“We’re getting pretty close (to it being a must-win), especially in lieu of the fact that we’ve got one less game to play than others and we’re at home,” he said.

“It’s not the be-all and end-all, but we’re very, very close and that’s why we really want to get a big crowd out here to come and support us.”

Van Egmond said the Jets would be looking to put on a display full of passion and pride in front of their home supporters on Friday.

“When you get beat 5-0 a lot of things get questioned. Obviously your pride within yourself, but the biggest thing is your character,” van Egmond said.

“The one thing that’s great about sport is that you get a chance to respond and it’s come along really quickly, which is even better for us, so we can’t wait for Friday night.

“It’s about ensuring we get some confidence and positivity around the joint, which we’ve done and the mood is really good in the camp.

“The one thing you have with young players is that they can respond really quickly and we’re looking for that on Friday night.”

MFKS
07-03-2013, 03:49 PM
Trying to decipher the Eggs insanity is it possible he may even be trying the bluff or the double bluff on Perth.

Midweek announces Heskey's out. Perth prepare for Jets without Heskeytime lulled into false sense of security

6:30pm Friday night team sheet submitted and Heskeytime is back??

After all we all see him play out the Nix game and it was announced he wasn't playing V Victree so it ain't like he has a noticeable injury like Caravella.

Wouldn't be like GVE wouldn't be capable of tying to pull this shit off. Most of his other stories are full of shit.

Either that or he goes the double bluff. rules Heskey out Perth expect Heskey to play and then GVE ****s Perths plans up by throwing a spanner in the works by actually omitting Heskey.

**** this I am now getting confused:banghead::sparring:

07-03-2013, 03:52 PM
^ Now i do need some panadol.

My2BobsWorth
07-03-2013, 03:59 PM
I think I understood what he was saying
Noooooooooooooooooo

seldom
07-03-2013, 04:30 PM
Taggart at target...feed him Bridgy

Superdylan
07-03-2013, 05:31 PM
Win 2-0

militiamon
07-03-2013, 05:44 PM
If Brown is starting on the right wing then I hope Goodwin starts on the left. I have been one of the people who have been criticising his shit form lately, but I don't think it has been helped by GVE starting him out of position on the right hand side. His best work has come from out wide on the left.

MFKS
07-03-2013, 06:51 PM
If Brown is starting on the right wing then I hope Goodwin starts on the left. I have been one of the people who have been criticising his shit form lately, but I don't think it has been helped by GVE starting him out of position on the right hand side. His best work has come from out wide on the left.

So you think he needs benching????

Finally...... Someone who agrees with an idea I raised in Rd 3:whistling::rof:

Grimario
07-03-2013, 07:37 PM
6:30pm Friday night team sheet submitted and Heskeytime is back??

If only. You have to announce the squad your 11 + 4 will be picked from on Thursday, from memory... so no Heskeytime = no Heskeytime :(

07-03-2013, 07:53 PM
^ Rubbish with all of GVE's flair , creativity , flexibilty and all round good bloke he can make anything happen.

MFKS
08-03-2013, 07:04 AM
If only. You have to announce the squad your 11 + 4 will be picked from on Thursday, from memory... so no Heskeytime = no Heskeytime :(

Find that hard to believe. Club should be able to name any player registered to the club on the Team Sheet even if they weren't named in the squad released to the media/fans during the week.

Remember earlier this season. Birraz made a shock return to the HAL side when he was expected to be gone for another couple of weeks. There was no sign of him playing midweek and Saturday arvo the squad trotted out to warm up and I got a shock as Birraz was in nets.

BodyNovo
08-03-2013, 07:32 AM
james brown to be glory's best player tonight.

with bridges and brown on the field expect our possesion to be 70% and our turnover rate even higher.

pepper needs to start tonight imo as well.

if burns is playing for glory expect miller and mcgarry to be pushed forward. need peppz and rubes to hack the shit out of them.

Jeterpool
08-03-2013, 07:38 AM
james brown to be glory's best player tonight.

with bridges and brown on the field expect our possesion to be 70% and our turnover rate even higher.

pepper needs to start tonight imo as well.

if burns is playing for glory expect miller and mcgarry to be pushed forward. need peppz and rubes to hack the shit out of them.

Agree. Bloke needs a run out. Looked better than the others on the park once he came on last Sunday. If that has any meaning.

Imyourhero
08-03-2013, 11:06 AM
Game plan.
HACK THE SHIT OUTTA EM!
Burns deserves it anyways.

ForeverRed
08-03-2013, 12:29 PM
Can anyone tell me if the games on the radio tonight or is the thugby on, I'm out of town with no tv, all I have is a radio and mobile phone, please help

toad
08-03-2013, 12:38 PM
you should be able to get the stream on your phone even if the league is on the radio

ForeverRed
08-03-2013, 12:46 PM
you should be able to get the stream on your phone even if the league is on the radio
Where can I find the stream, cheers

joel31
08-03-2013, 01:04 PM
2-1- Taggart and Goodwin to score

toad
08-03-2013, 01:26 PM
Where can I find the stream, cheers

www.abc.net.au/newcastle i think

ForeverRed
08-03-2013, 02:03 PM
Thanks

hawk
08-03-2013, 04:34 PM

Let's hope all this criticising affects the way we play and turns into pts. :whistling:

MFKS
08-03-2013, 05:14 PM
Let's hope all this criticising affects the way we play and turns into pts. :whistling: x better than Mourinhio

I don't think we have missed anyone yet and it don't seem to work.

Hell GVE would be 50 x better than Mourinhio if criticism impacting on performance/ability

militiamon
08-03-2013, 05:33 PM
MFKS, do you think it would help if GVE did a Mourinho? Walk out onto the pitch of 'Stade de Newy' before the match and invite anyone in the stadium who wants to boo or criticise him to do so at that time?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J0L0v0V-us

My2BobsWorth
08-03-2013, 05:54 PM
Alcoholic batteries almost charged, bring on Shaun Smells

weston
08-03-2013, 06:43 PM
taggart starts... thinking this may be good... oh wait... browns in.... levels in out

Did i just hear that dick say Goodwin's gone to left back???? i may not of but thats what it sounded like.... ffs...

GazFish35
08-03-2013, 07:52 PM
Vukovic's hair?!?!?!?!?!?!

weston
08-03-2013, 07:56 PM
Umm... just been said Heskey won't be back for adelaide....

How are these 2 wingers going... play up the middle i say.. useless.... in saying that, Bridgey not the best start... thought he put Taggart off with that shot in the 4th minute by playing the ball in the air... think a ground pass would of been better.... either way was a good shot...

Muswellbrookian
08-03-2013, 08:02 PM
...and Córdoba becomes the 1,000th player to score his first A-League goal against Newcastle. F*ck's sake.

Plus ça change.

weston
08-03-2013, 08:09 PM
Bridgey heres the ball..... bouncing on the dot shot..... QUICK SMACK THE LEATHER OFF THE ****ER!!!!!!!

GazFish35
08-03-2013, 08:12 PM
We are embarrassing.

weston
08-03-2013, 08:17 PM
We are embarrassing.

Got changed out of my work clothes just before the game and put my away shirt on.. mrs says preparing to lose are ya... i was like yeh whatever... now i don't want to go change it again through fear of the same treatment

GazFish35
08-03-2013, 08:23 PM
That goal was JoelGriffithsesque.

Clinical.
Haven't seen anyone in a jets shirt take a goal like that since JG9.

Not as embarrassing anymore.

Grimario
08-03-2013, 08:29 PM
Chapman is the love child of Ljubo and Toper. Graceful on the ball, running it out and around defenders and missing the goals with completely unmarked headers. Mesic hasn't been awful either. Shaping up to be a cracking half, just wish I didn't come straight from work with the wife not in attendance. Do not fancy trek to station and trip to Maitland though :(

Buddha
08-03-2013, 08:37 PM
What a finish by Taggart, holy shit, first time, side netting, gave me the horn, bridges has been well, below par, should have buried that chance, that's a horrible miss, don't give me any shit **** excuses that's nearly hit the poor blokes in karuah RSL, bring on chilli at about 67 minutes and burn people with pace

GazFish35
08-03-2013, 08:46 PM
Burns on.
Next will be the medics.

hawk
08-03-2013, 08:52 PM
vukobitch always the kunt

hawk
08-03-2013, 08:55 PM
great hit ritz

Retro Jet
08-03-2013, 08:57 PM
Funny...I don't know anyone who calls him Hot Chilli Virgili

belchardo
08-03-2013, 08:58 PM
great finish from taggs. nice ball from jesic.

hawk
08-03-2013, 09:02 PM
virgili useless prick

Retro Jet
08-03-2013, 09:02 PM
Yes YOU Scottie...cheat

belchardo
08-03-2013, 09:05 PM
That goal was JoelGriffithsesque.

Clinical.
Haven't seen anyone in a jets shirt take a goal like that since JG9.

Not as embarrassing anymore.

has a little bit of JG9 in the looks as well

speaking of looks. Mel!:wub: so hot tonight.

westjet
08-03-2013, 09:09 PM
now we know how the other teams feel when birra is on fire. FFS you gypo scum let another one through.

ForeverRed
08-03-2013, 09:11 PM
Watching thugby on mute tv whilst listening to jets on radio , not sure how roar will play at suncorp tomorrow , grounds a disgrace

GazFish35
08-03-2013, 09:13 PM
This game reminds me of a blog I once read...

it's abundantly clear to me that we have much in common as Australian football supporters. Evidence of a shared experience is most obvious when the sides that we support are clearly in the ascendancy, dominating possession and enjoying the lion's share of attacking play but JUST CANNOT PUT THE @%$*&# BALL INTO THE BACK OF THAT %@#*&$ NET, FOR &%@'S SAKE!!!! This will be no major revelation to most, I know, but when the level of commonality is experienced first-hand, it's that much more clearly perceived.

hawk
08-03-2013, 09:15 PM
virgili useless prick
ditto

Retro Jet
08-03-2013, 09:25 PM
Season over....

westjet
08-03-2013, 09:26 PM
ffs

hawk
08-03-2013, 09:26 PM
yep always. 10 corners to 1 and we concede

pistolpete
08-03-2013, 09:27 PM
Don't know why I am surprised tbh but **** me

OmeletteDuFromage
08-03-2013, 09:29 PM
What just happened.

hawk
08-03-2013, 09:29 PM
how to grab defeat from shit oppositon by phuked if i know

Grimario
08-03-2013, 09:30 PM
**** off football. At least if I get mugged on the trip back to Maitland I can know what the guys on the field feellike.

belchardo
08-03-2013, 09:30 PM
god, just so predictable isn't it.

least mel looks great.

hawk
08-03-2013, 09:32 PM
god, just so predictable isn't it.

least mel looks great.

she can phuk off too

ForeverRed
08-03-2013, 09:32 PM
That will do me, you can't concede like we do and expect to win no matter how many chances you get, our defence is poo

belchardo
08-03-2013, 09:45 PM
whoa, gary got through an interview without blaming the players...at least not directly.

pudy
08-03-2013, 10:18 PM
That was so fvcked up. Worst I've felt coming away from a game.

moses
08-03-2013, 10:23 PM
loss is the same as a draw in that **** licking game.**** em

boz-monaut
08-03-2013, 10:24 PM
hate the Jets

MFKS
08-03-2013, 10:33 PM
Wonder if all the Bridges wankfest will die down now. Bloke missed a ****ing sitter a player of his alleged pedigree should be burying. You can understand a young bloke seeing glory and getting a rush of blood and blazing over ala Chilli but an bloke who played in the EPL should be showing some experience and putting it on target. Other than that he done **** ALL AGAIN

Also we lost control of that game about 65 mins in when Bridges legs went and we weren't able to press and allowed Perth to work into the game. Why wasn't he subbed off and Mitchy Cooper bought on??

Gotta feel for the Egg tonight. Team aimed up played well and dominated and got UNFAIRLY arse raped in the epitome of highway robbery.

Must say I like the idea of Goody at Left Back. I like the aspect that our fullback actually looks like he has an idea in the attacking 3rd. The idea that is so lacking in Neville and Gallaway Riitters game. Love to see if we could sign another genuine wide threat on the left and see how we go with Goody and another livewire tearing down the wing.

LIFE IS AIDS=GAME IS AIDS

SICK_AS_ A_DOG_TONIGHT#

pudy
08-03-2013, 10:37 PM
Strangely enough, if results go our way this weekend we could stay 5th.. that would feel pretty hollow though. How could we go from the optimism of last Wednesday to this? The last week has been a nightmare.

NewcastleForLife
08-03-2013, 10:39 PM
How could we go from the optimism of last Wednesday to this? The last week has been a nightmare.

This your first week as a jet supporter?

Porett
08-03-2013, 10:41 PM
**** we are static when we have the ball. A rare combination of taggs brilliance and perths shitness almost got us a point but ****ing hell continents have more movement than we do when we have the ball.

pudy
08-03-2013, 10:43 PM
This your first week as a jet supporter?

Nope, I was there on day 1. Results wise, morale wise, the last week has been a nightmare.. probably because it's come out of nowhere.. as I said, from a seemingly positive spell for the club. This is not as bad as nearly losing the club twice though.

militiamon
08-03-2013, 10:45 PM
Season over for me. I don't even care if we make the finals now.

Why were we playing such a shit team at this stage of the season?
Only positive is that Bridges will not be re-signed after that miss.

Raw Boned Youngster
08-03-2013, 10:46 PM
did you watch the game tonight member? bridges missed a chance, true, but he was very good tonight.

NewcastleForLife
08-03-2013, 10:47 PM
Nope, I was there on day 1. Results wise, morale wise, the last week has been a nightmare.. probably because it's come out of nowhere.. as I said, from a seemingly positive spell for the club. This is not as bad as nearly losing the club twice though.

Yeah, just taking piss. Took a mate to the game tonight, he's only been to a few games ever. Afterwards he commented "Why do you go to the games? Such a disappointed. Would've been better if you had just said we'd lost 2-1"
Season over IMO. We've played an extra game, and we're away and then home to wanderers, easy 0 points

lquiquer
08-03-2013, 10:47 PM
[QUOTE=MFKS;30922]
Must say I like the idea of Goody at Left Back. I like the aspect that our fullback actually looks like he has an idea in the attacking 3rd.

^ agree
Adelaide is going to be a nice relaxing, stress free trip away now!!!! Can't wait

sammydog
08-03-2013, 10:49 PM
did you watch the game tonight member? bridges missed a chance, true, but he was very good tonight.

I agree and why is bridges miss the only one that is being singled out. FFS we missed a heap of sitters that would have gone in on another night.

Personally thought, miss aside, bridges had a good game.

There was only a few players out there that I thought were honking tonight.

pudy
08-03-2013, 10:52 PM
Yeah, best I can see is us maybe squeezing a point of the last game with WSW if we have Caravella and Heskey back.. and that won't be enough.

We are a proud footballing city and we deserve better than likely missing the finals three seasons in a row.

Imyourhero
08-03-2013, 10:58 PM
Whys Jesic had no look in?? I think he was impressive tonight.

08-03-2013, 11:03 PM
I agree and why is bridges miss the only one that is being singled out. FFS we missed a heap of sitters that would have gone in on another night.

Personally thought, miss aside, bridges had a good game.

There was only a few players out there that I thought were honking tonight.

This

Porett
08-03-2013, 11:05 PM
Yeah, best I can see is us maybe squeezing a point of the last game with WSW if we have Caravella and Heskey back.. and that won't be enough.

We are a proud footballing city and we deserve better than likely missing the finals three seasons in a row.

WSW could well be playing for the premiership against us in the last round. If we get anything it's a good game for us.

q-money
08-03-2013, 11:10 PM
Mon Sydney tomoz

Mon west Sydney

Mon

militiamon
08-03-2013, 11:11 PM
I can't express how much I want us to lose to WS in that last game. It's really going to be a lose at all costs kind of game now.

Pico
08-03-2013, 11:26 PM

Whats worse, missing the finals three seasons in a row or the club's interpretation of success being finishing in the top 6 of a 10 team league.

Porett
08-03-2013, 11:28 PM
I can't express how much I want us to lose to WS in that last game. It's really going to be a lose at all costs kind of game now.

Our loss to secure WSW the title over the gypsies would be better than a win. More so if they double up and beat them in the GF.

q-money
08-03-2013, 11:30 PM
there is nothing more important than this

loose

seldom
08-03-2013, 11:32 PM
still trying to understand how Purf won that game.Probs the most negative game plan i've seen from any team all season. 4 defenders in a line,5 in a midfield line and Smeltz swatting flies up front. What surprised me is they allowed Bridges to play in between the lines with noone picking him up.It was like they were playing 2 defensive lines but more zonal.Look at our goal they had 4 in a line but both CBs were marking noone and the weakside FB didnt tuck in.Wish we would of taken our chances in the
1st half cause glory would of had to change their tactics and maybe I wouldn't have got bored.But I suppose they came here for a draw and left with a win so wtf do I know ?

howardyou
09-03-2013, 12:15 AM
Wonder if all the Bridges wankfest will die down now. Bloke missed a ****ing sitter a player of his alleged pedigree should be burying. You can understand a young bloke seeing glory and getting a rush of blood and blazing over ala Chilli but an bloke who played in the EPL should be showing some experience and putting it on target. Other than that he done **** ALL AGAIN

Also we lost control of that game about 65 mins in when Bridges legs went and we weren't able to press and allowed Perth to work into the game. Why wasn't he subbed off and Mitchy Cooper bought on??

Gotta feel for the Egg tonight. Team aimed up played well and dominated and got UNFAIRLY arse raped in the epitome of highway robbery.

Must say I like the idea of Goody at Left Back. I like the aspect that our fullback actually looks like he has an idea in the attacking 3rd. The idea that is so lacking in Neville and Gallaway Riitters game. Love to see if we could sign another genuine wide threat on the left and see how we go with Goody and another livewire tearing down the wing.

SICK_AS_ A_DOG_TONIGHT#

I will bite dickhead. You have got no idea if you think Bridges was shit tonight. Best on the park along with Taggert who worked his arse off and holds the ball up quite well.
I agree witht te coment about GvE though. More than enough chances to win the game. Fullbacks still push too high.

hawk
09-03-2013, 12:19 AM
Our loss to secure WSW the title over the gypsies would be better than a win. More so if they double up and beat them in the GF.

winner

militiamon
09-03-2013, 12:31 AM
I will bite dickhead. You have got no idea if you think Bridges was shit tonight. Best on the park along with Taggert who worked his arse off and holds the ball up quite well.
I agree witht te coment about GvE though. More than enough chances to win the game. Fullbacks still push too high.

Too bad he missed that sitter.

No contract for you!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-qjzjZ7Hswm0/UL2e4_mJ6qI/AAAAAAAAAkA/FfgPZF3J6iY/s640/No_Soup_For_You_Wide.png

Football is us
09-03-2013, 12:42 AM

SICK_AS_ A_DOG_TONIGHT#

As you so correctly pointed out, Bridges was a major reason we did have so much of the game. The 'sitter' he missed wasn't excactly a sitter, he still had some work to do under pressure, it it didn't go over the bar by much ..... others missed chances as well, some set up by Bridges. He's mobile, and works all over the park ... he uses his superior judgement and leadership to inspire the less experienced, and tonight he used it very effectively ..... what lost it for us was a loose ball in the box from a set piece where , in the finality of it, there were 8 Newcastle players v 4 Perth players, and they took their chance on that loose ball.

The reason we're in the position we're in is Van God's lack of judgement in not playing his best side every round from round 1.

BodyNovo
09-03-2013, 01:04 AM
Wanderers jersey bought

Grimario
09-03-2013, 01:10 AM
What a shit **** of a day. Work sucked, had an ok afternoon at disc golf and that ****ing finish. Ugh. Deadset the most negative cunce ever to play the Jerks and win. And I ****ing hate trains, over it, can't wait to get new car in May.

Tommyjet
09-03-2013, 07:53 AM
I've learnt to take the good with the bad with bridges. He will turn it over many times sometimes comically but still he poses extra threats and often tries stuff rather than just looking to pass back to chapman or Ritter.

I watched jesic closely last night as I was keen to use him as a scapegoat if he wasn't working hard enough. He worked harder than I've ever seen him do. He challenged at times to loose balls even if he wasn't likely to win it outright for himself and forced the ball back in our possession which is something he never did, he'd rather sit and wait for the ball than put contest loose balls. Going forward he lacked a bit of speed at times but showed some good attacking nous to create chances. Not saying he was our best performer but I was just impressed with his work rate for the team.

Jetmaster
09-03-2013, 08:23 AM
Newcastle Herald this morning...

It's win at all costs for Jets after 2-1 loss to Glory

By JAMES GARDINER
March 8, 2013, 10:30 p.m.

SHATTERED coach Gary van Egmond conceded that the Newcastle Jets would have to win the remaining two games to make the semi-finals after they gave up a goal in injury time to lose 2-1 to Perth Glory at Hunter Stadium last night.

The home side dominated everywhere bar the scoreboard.

But they were left with nothing after Glory centreback Michael Thwaite pounced on a rebound from a corner in stoppage time to snatch an unlikely winner.

Argentine midfielder Matias Cordoba had put the visitors ahead against the run of play in the 24th minute.

Adam Taggart grabbed a deserved equaliser on the stroke of half-time.

The second half was one-way traffic. The Jets created chance after chance but could not find the killer blow thanks to great goalkeeping by Danny Vukovic and wayward finishing.

"It is a hard one to swallow when you consider how much we controlled the game and how many opportunities we created, and to get our pocket picked at the end on a set piece," van Egmond lamented.

"We dominated the game for long periods, but the name of the game is to put the ball in the back of the net.

"Unfortunately that is what we did not do.

"You don’t want to lose in any fashion, but in particular the way we lost.

"We have made it very difficult with the run in to the semis."

The result left the Jets hanging on to fifth place on the ladder with 30 points but Brisbane (28), Perth (28) Melbourne Heart (27) and Sydney (27) are closing in and have a game in hand.

They are away to fourth-placed Adelaide on Friday, have a weekend off due to the rescheduled match against Wellington, which they won 2-1, before completing the season at home to leaders Western Sydney Wanderers on Good Friday.

"We know what we need to do to make the six – win both games," van Egmond said.

"We go there with that knowledge and in some ways that is a good thing.

"We are certainly going in the games with the mindset we have to win."

Van Egmond expects midfielder Zenon Caravella (hamstring) and right back Sam Gallaway (knee) to be fit for Adelaide but is resigned to being without marquee striker Emile Heskey.

"He has a tear in his calf and I don’t think he will be right for Adelaide," the coach said.

Fellow veteran Michael Bridges led the way last night with another commanding display.

He created numerous opportunities and on another night could have had a hat-trick. He had two shots graze the woodwork and a glancing header saved by Vukovic.

Unwanted a month ago, the 34-year-old striker is poised to be offered a new deal.

"We have been in dialogue with Michael," van Egmond said. "It is great the form that he has been in.

"He is really showing he has something left in those spindly legs.

"It is great from my point of view. I have been proven wrong, a number of people have been proven wrong, and it is testament to Bridgey as a professional."

Thwaite may have provided the late winner but Vukovic was the hero for Glory.

"He has been really good for the past couple of weeks," Glory coach Alistair Edwards said.

The win ended the Glory’s streak of five losses on the road and launched them back into finals calculations.

Taggart again deputised for Heskey at the point of the attack in a reshuffled line-up that featured three new faces from the 5-0 rout in the Melbourne Victory debacle with Connor Chapman, James Brown and Bridges included.

The Glory had lost five straight on the road, and they had Vukovic and some poor finishing from the Jets to thank for still being in the game after 10 minutes.

We still had some horror patches but we created a stack of chances. Goodwin should stay at left back...he started his Heart career there and was outstanding in that role during the preseason. Taggart was impressive and we need to set up the system for him to play that Michael Owen role next to Heskey.

Expected Jesic to be poo but overall he wasn't bad. Bridgey was ordinary the first 10 mins orr so and missed that chance, but was brilliant after that, certainly not his fault we lost. Chapman needs to learn how to head a ball. We have very few goalscoring threats in our team apart from the usual suspects.

Football sux and season is over though - we really do need a miracle, a few pens and some red cards to the opposition.

GazFish35
09-03-2013, 08:49 AM
Taggart was impressive and we need to set up the system for him to play that Michael Owen role next to Heskey

this.
With bridges in behind.

Nelson Bay Road
09-03-2013, 08:59 AM
We had clear chances in first 10 mins that would of killed the game off..
Bridge and tags were quality...
As much as a i hate to say it Danny vucovic was the difference last night, pulled off some world class saves..

We finally looked threatening from corners last night..

Raw Boned Youngster
09-03-2013, 09:02 AM
tactically, Perth were pretty clever- Alistair Edwards was a great and smart player back in his Sydney Olympic days and he has a good understanding of the game. In saying that, Our tactics are very simple and one dimensional. Last week Ange had his fullbacks sitting deep to thwart the 'high push' from our fullbacks. Then in a quick counter, the inevitable turn over resulted in Victory whacking the ball into the vacant space. Schooled. When the Victory were attacking, Ange also cleverly sucked our fullbacks wide then attacked us through the channels. All clever and well rehearsed stuff. Tonight, Perth played with an extra man in misfield that provided width to cut off our high push from the fullbacks. candy from a baby. Finally, old RBY has prattled on about our dumbness at set pieces. To concede a goal is hardly surprising. In saying that, I believe our attacking corners had some work on the training paddock during the week- slight improvement.

stopper2
09-03-2013, 09:17 AM
Clearly evident from that performance that we need players who can score goals. Taggart has proven in recent weeks that he knows where the back of the net is but when you lack at the rest of that team from last night, who else is a regular scorer or apart from Rubes can get one every now and again?
GVE seems to be so obsessed with possession and "controling" the game as his philosphy that he seems to have forgotten that goals win games. The fact that he is keen on getting Musialik back just reinforces that notion. What is Stuey going to provide that we already don't have?

snake
09-03-2013, 09:24 AM
pingers

q-money
09-03-2013, 09:39 AM
u idiots missed the real show tonight

http://i.imgur.com/Ej6kyWN.jpg

splooge

weston
09-03-2013, 09:57 AM
u idiots missed the real show tonight

http://i.imgur.com/Ej6kyWN.jpg

splooge

Highlight of the night.... too bad harper was there

MFKS
09-03-2013, 10:06 AM
tactically, Perth were pretty clever- Alistair Edwards was a great and smart player back in his Sydney Olympic days and he has a good understanding of the game. In saying that, Our tactics are very simple and one dimensional. Last week Ange had his fullbacks sitting deep to thwart the 'high push' from our fullbacks. Then in a quick counter, the inevitable turn over resulted in Victory whacking the ball into the vacant space. Schooled. When the Victory were attacking, Ange also cleverly sucked our fullbacks wide then attacked us through the channels. All clever and well rehearsed stuff. Tonight, Perth played with an extra man in misfield that provided width to cut off our high push from the fullbacks. candy from a baby. Finally, old RBY has prattled on about our dumbness at set pieces. To concede a goal is hardly surprising. In saying that, I believe our attacking corners had some work on the training paddock during the week- slight improvement.

Tactically clever or just exposed you to something we don't do. Such as attempt to set up in an away game keep it tight absorb the opponents pressure and hope to nick goals when they can and pinch a draw/win.

Where as we turn up at an away game show our opponents little respect and play an open game attempting to shove our style of play down their throat. As opposed to parking the bus and keeping it tight and seeing where that leads you to.

To say Alistair Edwards is some type of coaching talent on last nights effort is insane. His team were dominated and arse raped for most of the game by Newy. We missed key chances we should have buried and the chances kept falling to the wrong bloke for us!! His keeper had a blinder and pulled off 2-3 saves he wasn't entitled to. We take our chances and we are 2-3 up before Perth think about attacking last night.

It was a ****ing crime that at HT it was 1-1 when Perth had 2 shots the goal their first attack and some ambitious effort from 30 yards and we had missed at least 3 sitters.

Good coach based on that. **** ought to buy himself a lottery ticket for winning probably the most undeserved win of the season in the HAL

hawk
09-03-2013, 10:29 AM
Regardless of our missed chances if gve had decided to build a strong backline we win 1-0.

plague
09-03-2013, 10:42 AM
Hey guys, missed the match last night. Was at a wedding.

So, how did it all go?

MFKS
09-03-2013, 10:49 AM
Hey guys, missed the match last night. Was at a wedding.

So, how did it all go?

Arsed a 3-0 win. Played like shit again but our coach proved he was no fool by making some intuitive changes and Scotty Neville ended up scoring a hatty.

We are finals bound mate!!!:deadhorse::whistling:

hawk
09-03-2013, 02:36 PM
http://eyeofthefish.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/fat-lady-singing-warning.jpg

Vandenberg13
09-03-2013, 04:15 PM
Highlight of the night.... too bad harper was there

i was fapping off about Harper... isnt that what everyone is looking at :S

My2BobsWorth
09-03-2013, 04:15 PM
Best home game of the year. Bridgey was brilliant. Can't say anyone played badly. Should have won 5-6 nil, we didn't. If we play like that we will beat Adelaide and WSW. Bridgey haters are a pathetic bunch.

Buddha
09-03-2013, 04:35 PM
I wouldnt say he was Brilliant, he seemed pretty poor in the first half but made up for it in the second. That miss but, wow. Should have buried that.

Grimario
09-03-2013, 04:40 PM
Best home game of the year. Bridgey was brilliant. Can't say anyone played badly. Should have won 5-6 nil, we didn't. If we play like that we will beat Adelaide and WSW. Bridgey haters are a pathetic bunch.

Absolute bollocks. Neither Adelaide or WSW will let us play like that. That wasn't us being brilliant, it was Perth being an awful bunch of defensive cunce and letting us control the game in midfield. Put two up front and pressure our centre backs or just have someone following Rubez/Other around so their only options are passes back towards our goal and eventually we will get murdered.

westjet
09-03-2013, 04:58 PM

Yep that goal he scored was brilliant - oh hang on he blasted straight over the top.
I'll give you he prob did as many good things as crap, def not brilliant and still hasn't changed my opinion of if we should re-sign him. Perth sat back and let him attack will be interested to see if he can do it when teams will pressure him as I expect Adelaide and wanderers will.

09-03-2013, 05:36 PM
Never been a big Jesic fan and certainly thrown some criticism his way over the time. I actually thought best on ground last night was a toss up between him and Tags. Now having a better insight to what he has gone through three times i guess i have new found a level of respect for the guy. Humble pie tastes like shit but hey you gotta cop it sweet.

seldom
09-03-2013, 05:56 PM
We start playing like perth did last night even to try and pinch a draw away and they can have my ticket back. I'll join wanderers ffs. Edwards a tactical genius lol...doesnt take much to park the bus

sh10
10-03-2013, 02:50 AM
To say Alistair Edwards is some type of coaching talent on last nights effort is insane. His team were dominated and arse raped for most of the game by Newy. We missed key chances we should have buried and the chances kept falling to the wrong bloke for us!! His keeper had a blinder and pulled off 2-3 saves he wasn't entitled to. We take our chances and we are 2-3 up before Perth think about attacking last night.

this

ffs, GVE won the tactical battle, his retarded children just couldn't finish the job

halo se7en
10-03-2013, 03:37 PM
We start playing like perth did last night even to try and pinch a draw away and they can have my ticket back. I'll join wanderers ffs. Edwards a tactical genius lol...doesnt take much to park the bus

So you'd be happier with a 5-0 spanking in Melbourne rather than jagging a 2-1 win?? F**k off you would… a win down there, no matter how goddamn ugly it was would have set us up with an outside chance of 3rd/4th.. and Friday night may have been different with that little extra to play for. Most teams play unattractive football away from home, and most teams in the a-league seem to be able to salvage points away from home, not something we've learnt how to do.

seldom
10-03-2013, 08:26 PM
we left 2 defenders isolated against victory that's why we got raped. you believe we had to play 4-5-1 to get a result...nah we just had to be smarter Gary

militiamon
10-03-2013, 09:01 PM
^ And to further this, did halo forget that we won in Wellington in the match before that by playing some nice football and dominating the game?

It's never as simple as playing a certain way to get a result. Branko's mentality for away games (a draw is as good as a win) screwed us up big time, we play 10x better now compared to then.

NewcastleForLife
10-03-2013, 09:59 PM
we left 2 defenders isolated against victory that's why we got raped. you believe we had to play 4-5-1 to get a result...nah we just had to be smarter Gary

This. Melb raped us for other reason, watching the highlights we walked over Glory, they got lucky. Will happily eat my words once Ome puts up the game and I'm proven wrong.

halo se7en
14-03-2013, 05:40 PM
^ And to further this, did halo forget that we won in Wellington in the match before that by playing some nice football and dominating the game?

It's never as simple as playing a certain way to get a result. Branko's mentality for away games (a draw is as good as a win) screwed us up big time, we play 10x better now compared to then.

I didn't forget, but I also didn't expect Melbourne to play like the shambles Wellington are at the moment.

We also went to Wellington with the expectation that we were going to play hard and then give it all up in Melbourne. If we've already conceded defeat, why not park the bus. I didn't say do it every away game, just that one in particular.