PDA

View Full Version : Yid Army COME ON YOU SPURS!

Pages : [1] 2

Skirt Boy
27-06-2012, 08:42 PM
Only Tottenham would sack a manager for finishing 4th, 5th and 4th.

GazFish35
27-06-2012, 10:15 PM
Should rename the thread the "mind the gap" thread.

Have heard you lot are in for villas boas.
Could be great.

hawk
27-06-2012, 11:29 PM

Could be great.

could be 4th

Skirt Boy
02-07-2012, 07:06 PM

Could be great.

Season objective was to finish 4th. Job done. And lets be honest. For a long part of the season Spurs were playing probably the most attractive and entertaining football seen in a long while by any team in the league until that idiot from Wales got a big head anyway.

Couldn't care less who manages Spurs to be honest provided they play good attacking football that is also entertaining to watch and we beat the Gypsies from Woolwhich.

parksey
03-07-2012, 03:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXppwUfyJmc

russjaybee
03-07-2012, 03:36 PM
Spurs were playing probably the most attractive and entertaining football seen in a long while by any team in the league

That is some wild speculation.

Skirt Boy
04-07-2012, 07:16 AM
So new Spurs manager announced.

Not my preferred choice but I'll give the guy at least a chance.

pv4
04-07-2012, 07:21 AM
give him a target to achieve, he'll probably achieve it, then he'll get sacked.

the possibility of replacing mini-croat & bale is a bit scary for spurs. they always get their purse out, and this year should be no exception. if they're serious about playing champos, they need to be spending on a bigger overall squad with better depth. all it takes as the squad stands is for 2-3 players to be injured and the team is awful.

goaliepersempre
04-07-2012, 07:22 AM
ahhh spurs :P mind the gap classic....

goaliepersempre
04-07-2012, 07:23 AM
the team is awful.
:cool:

Jeterpool
04-07-2012, 07:44 AM
Spurs next in line for a buy-out from a wealthy Arab. May be percentage share or full buy-out. This is to be determined.

GazFish35
04-07-2012, 08:05 AM
Spurs next in line for a buy-out from a wealthy Arab. May be percentage share or full buy-out. This is to be determined.

Can you see an Arab buying I to a historically Jewish club?

Spurs are ripe for massive investment, they sit in a similar situation to Chelsea before Roman turned up.
Would be good for the league, but bad for Arsenal as I just can't see our two billionaires ever agreeing to spend money.

Skirt Boy
04-07-2012, 08:06 AM

Why would they need to sell out?

Joe Lewis (born February 5, 1937 in East London) is an English businessman who currently lives in Albany, Bahamas.

Lewis' total wealth is estimated at $3.8 billion, and he is listed as the 290th richest person of Forbes’ List of billionaires (2012). Forbes reports Lewis is the seventh wealthiest person in Britain.

Jeterpool
04-07-2012, 08:24 AM
Just a rumour I read on a number of different sites. The rumour is gathering pace across the UK sites. This Liverpool one I read has all these people going off worried about how Liverpool will now compete, etc.

As you guys pointed out there are things that may go against what the club stands for and who currently own them, but i thought I would share it with you regardless.

I'm sure money turns heads, and any club would welcome a money pit owner.

pv4
04-07-2012, 08:30 AM
wouldn't the liverpool one have been going off for quite some time now, as they're pretty much not deemed as a top four club anymore and barely compete as it is?

Skirt Boy
04-07-2012, 08:49 AM
Just a rumour I read on a number of different sites. The rumour is gathering pace across the UK sites. This Liverpool one I read has all these people going off worried about how Liverpool will now compete, etc.

As you guys pointed out there are things that may go against what the club stands for and who currently own them, but i thought I would share it with you regardless.

I'm sure money turns heads, and any club would welcome a money pit owner.

Can't see it happening to be honest. Levy and Lewis run a tight ship. They are also not on the stock market anymore and are now a private company in part to prevent being taken over imo.

Jeterpool
04-07-2012, 08:58 AM
Can't see it happening to be honest. Levy and Lewis run a tight ship. They are also not on the stock market anymore and are now a private company in part to prevent being taken over imo.

I don't know too much on their structure. Just thopught I would share what's getting claimed FYI.

wouldn't the liverpool one have been going off for quite some time now, as they're pretty much not deemed as a top four club anymore and barely compete as it is?

Let's keep this a Spurs forum hey...but yes, there are a lot of worried fans. I'll wait and see how Rodgers goes.

hawk
17-07-2012, 08:08 PM

http://www.blogworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/jerry-seinfeld-thumbs-up.jpg

Skirt Boy
19-07-2012, 08:29 PM
Whilst it was well know that the guy was on his last legs. He couldn't train but Ledley King announced his retirement today.

LEDLEY CALLS TIME, BUT IT'S FAR FROM GOODBYE

Notable high points came with the lifting of the Carling Cup in 2008 after victory over Chelsea at Wembley, with Ledley steering the team to Champions League qualification for the first time in our history in season 2009-10.

His performances for the Club were recognised on the international front and he made his England debut against Italy in March 2002. Ledley won 21 international caps in total and appeared in both the 2004 European Championships and the 2010 World Cup.

"Ledley has made a magnificent contribution to this Club - as a wonderful player, Captain and ambassador," said Chairman Daniel Levy. "It has been well documented how he has battled against injury over the years and it is testament to the character of the man how he managed to sustain such high standards of performance on the pitch, while providing such fine leadership.

"It is in an ambassadorial capacity that Ledley will continue, playing a crucial role in supporting the Club's work in the community and the ongoing regeneration of the Tottenham area, whilst also being a hugely positive role model for our younger players.

“I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," reflected Ledley.

“I know that being a one-club man is a rarity these days, but I have always enjoyed being part of the set-up here and the challenge of putting this Club up with the elite where it should be.

“I would like to say thank you to everyone at the Club and to the fans. I have missed a lot of football over the years, but the Spurs fans have always been patient and incredibly supportive with me during difficult periods. Sadly my injuries and inability to train have now finally brought an end to my career.”

"I have been in Tottenham for around 17 years, having started at Spurs when I was 14. It is a second home for me and I pleased that I can continue to work within the Club and for the local community, especially after the devastation caused by the riots last year. I am already heavily involved with the work of Spurs Foundation and the new stadium scheme will be a major factor in the regeneration of the area, so I am delighted that I shall be part of that.'

Whether you like Spurs or not, the guy was an absolute legend for the club and for the game.

All the best Ledley!

Skirt Boy
19-07-2012, 11:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7Nb-nU3YJ8

Jeterpool
20-07-2012, 07:16 AM
Whilst it was well know that the guy was on his last legs. He couldn't train but Ledley King announced his retirement today.

Whether you like Spurs or not, the guy was an absolute legend for the club and for the game.

All the best Ledley!

Its a shame when a player can't finish their career due to circumstances liek this.

pv4
20-07-2012, 07:28 AM
out of all the players in the world who seem to spend most of their career injured (ledley, kewell, rvp, michael owen, michael bridges) ledley is the only one i have true respect for as to me it seems all the guys that keep getting injured are just looking for the easy option out all the time, whereas whenever there was the slimmest chance ledley could play, he was there. and in fine form. to me, ledley was/is the only always-injured player that seemingly WANTS to play football every week.

it's cool that a club saw the guy through so many hard times, just like your arsenals do with their injured guys, and respect to them for doing that. it's good that sperms are holding onto a club legend too.

Jeterpool
20-07-2012, 07:41 AM
out of all the players in the world who seem to spend most of their career injured (ledley, kewell, rvp, michael owen, michael bridges) ledley is the only one i have true respect for as to me it seems all the guys that keep getting injured are just looking for the easy option out all the time, whereas whenever there was the slimmest chance ledley could play, he was there. and in fine form. to me, ledley was/is the only always-injured player that seemingly WANTS to play football every week.

it's cool that a club saw the guy through so many hard times, just like your arsenals do with their injured guys, and respect to them for doing that. it's good that sperms are holding onto a club legend too.

That's a very good summary. There isn't many players of the King, Giggs, Gerrard, Scholes, Carragher ilk any more who only play for one club and it is good to see they are looking after him. Great to see a player give his all for a club and the club also doing what is right for him.

Blackmac79
05-08-2012, 10:26 PM
Can you see an Arab buying I to a historically Jewish club?

Spurs are ripe for massive investment, they sit in a similar situation to Chelsea before Roman turned up.
Would be good for the league, but bad for Arsenal as I just can't see our two billionaires ever agreeing to spend money.

You know a study was done on this right?

Of some huge number (like 100,000 or something) of Londoners who support spurs only like .2% or something are actually Jewish, However almost 80% "associate" with being Jewish due to supporting the club. Also the area around Tottenham is actually populated by lower middle class anglosaxons.

Compare this with say arsenal who like 30% actually are jewish, but only .2% will actually admit to it.

The rumours of Spurs Jewishness comes from chelsea once chanting "you have no foreskins" at the spurs away support who responded by figuring out who actually did not have a foreskin and peer pressuring them into a mass cock showing to the chelsea support. The club has no actual Jewish affiliation, unlike say Ajax.

plague
05-08-2012, 11:39 PM
Also the area around Tottenham is actually a massive ghetto

Fixed

GazFish35
06-08-2012, 06:06 AM
You know a study was done on this right?

Of some huge number (like 100,000 or something) of Londoners who support spurs only like .2% or something are actually Jewish, However almost 80% "associate" with being Jewish due to supporting the club. Also the area around Tottenham is actually populated by lower middle class anglosaxons.

Compare this with say arsenal who like 30% actually are jewish, but only .2% will actually admit to it.

The rumours of Spurs Jewishness comes from chelsea once chanting "you have no foreskins" at the spurs away support who responded by figuring out who actually did not have a foreskin and peer pressuring them into a mass cock showing to the chelsea support. The club has no actual Jewish affiliation, unlike say Ajax.

So, not Jewish.
Just cocks.
Spose they do have a cock on their badge.

Still, could you see an Arab buying into a club perceived to be Jewish?

Blackmac79
06-08-2012, 07:25 AM
So, not Jewish.
Just cocks.
Spose they do have a cock on their badge.

Still, could you see an Arab buying into a club perceived to be Jewish?

No. I just thought I should share my knowledge of useless things with you :D

They will allways be yids to me.

Skirt Boy
19-08-2012, 10:38 PM
Unlike the Scousers in here making excuses or demanding blood.

I thought Spurs played quite well. Newcastle was always going to be a hard team to beat and without Modric, Parker and Adebayor to only lose to a late penalty away to Newcastle was alright.

The pressing of Newcastle was intense and Newcastle could barely to anything other then lob the ball over and hope to try to catch Kaboul and Gallas to far forward. When Parker comes back, him and Sandro are going to boss the Midfield.

Get a replacement for Modric and a decent striker and Tottenham should look the goods.

russjaybee
20-08-2012, 09:52 AM
I read that AVB is going to use the Modric money to buy a striker (which you lot desperately need). Will you have the cash to also go out for another midfielder?

Skirt Boy
20-08-2012, 10:03 AM
I read that AVB is going to use the Modric money to buy a striker (which you lot desperately need). Will you have the cash to also go out for another midfielder?

Funds Modric have no bearing on getting a striker.

furns
20-08-2012, 01:30 PM
Unlike the Scousers in here making excuses or demanding blood. lol

actual liverpool supporters know that these sort of things take time

parksey
20-08-2012, 02:19 PM
a lot of time

furns
20-08-2012, 08:05 PM
We will see if it takes as long as Fergie did when he took over porksey

russjaybee
20-08-2012, 08:34 PM
Apparently you lot are close to signing M'Vila, you can take him, another hype machine gone cray cray.

parksey
20-08-2012, 09:10 PM
We will see if it takes as long as Fergie did when he took over porksey

i have a feeling that it might

parksey
30-08-2012, 01:51 PM
dembele signs for spurs. really good signing but seriously disappointing for me.

Skirt Boy
01-09-2012, 09:30 AM
There goes our ****ing season. And FFS if Modric was worth 30 then VDV was worth ****ing 50

pv4
01-09-2012, 09:56 AM
vdv & modric replaced by dembele & dempsey. yikes.

look on the bright side - you aren't liverpool & won't be forced into signing michael owen due to having no strikers :lulz:.

Thomas477
01-09-2012, 10:39 AM
At least you guys got Lloris for very cheap, £8 million or so.

He'll be a great signing. Very solid keeper, probably one of the best in the world, and he's only 25 FFS.

Skirt Boy
30-09-2012, 04:28 AM
**** you Ferguson!

What a cracker of a match.

plague
30-09-2012, 10:44 AM
Gareth Bale with a leisurely stroll through the middle of Uniteds team.
Great game.

goaliepersempre
18-11-2012, 12:08 PM
5-2 :)

Skirt Boy
30-12-2012, 05:46 AM
5-2 :)

The table doesn't lie.

pv4
30-12-2012, 06:52 PM
is this that pre-January table talk spurs attempt every single year, which inevitably ends up leaving them look like fools come the end of the season

goaliepersempre
03-01-2013, 11:06 AM
The table doesn't lie.

hmm thats what was said last year, with what was that silly term. Oh yeah Mind the Gap. We will see we will see.

Skirt Boy
22-01-2013, 12:46 AM
This is the first season in Premiership history that Spurs have gone undefeated against Manure.

AVB FOR LIFE!

parksey
22-01-2013, 11:37 AM
got pretty lucky though

pv4
23-01-2013, 08:59 AM
http://www.football365.com/news/21554/8425825/Spurs-Record-4.3m-Loss

spurs record a 4.3million loss, as opposed to a 700,000 gain last year.

mind the economic gap

Skirt Boy
23-01-2013, 09:36 AM
http://www.football365.com/news/21554/8425825/Spurs-Record-4.3m-Loss

spurs record a 4.3million loss, as opposed to a 700,000 gain last year.

mind the economic gap

Like Levy said, they are finalising the new stadium, probably had to pay a bucket load to Arry and it's not like they need rich Arabs or Russians to bank roll the joint.

hawk
23-01-2013, 04:44 PM
This is the first season in Premiership history that Spurs have gone undefeated against Manure.

AVB FOR LIFE!

well played

Skirt Boy
16-02-2013, 10:16 PM
OMFG How good is ****ing Bale

Skirt Boy
01-03-2013, 12:46 AM
Bale to defeat Arsenal this weekend.

Jeterpool
01-03-2013, 07:11 PM

He's ok

seldom
01-03-2013, 08:42 PM

ask his boyfriend

Skirt Boy
04-03-2013, 05:27 AM
OH WHEN THE SPURS......GO MARCHING IN!

So much for a one man team. Quality performance by all the lads today.

Bec
04-03-2013, 09:53 AM
Yew!!!

idontwannaplaywithhowey
05-03-2013, 01:27 PM
Great great win, top derby!

pv4
20-05-2013, 08:13 AM
The table doesn't lie.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:brr:

goaliepersempre
20-05-2013, 11:44 PM
Aww look at that.... Have fun when you guys sell Bale....

Skirt Boy
21-05-2013, 07:37 PM
Aww look at that.... Have fun when you guys sell Bale....

Not like you povo ****s could afford him anyways.

furns
22-05-2013, 04:58 PM
mind that gap

GazFish35
22-05-2013, 06:38 PM
Not like you povo ****s could afford him anyways.

Hahaha.
Good luck with your current financial strategies.

Skirt Boy
24-05-2013, 04:53 PM
My review of Spurs season.

Lets get one thing clear. I'm still extremely pissed off that those gypsy ****s finished a head of us.

1. AVB signing of the season. Whilst I was annoyed they sacked "Arry" I do believe he took us as far as he could.

2. Bale nuff said

3. We Any other year in the premier league we would have made 4th spot

4. Despite losing Modric and VDV at the start which caused instability things turned around.

5. We need some ****ing proper strikers FFS

6. We defeated Manure on their home turf for the first time like for ever.

And finally and this is a reflection on those ****s from Woolwhich

It is better to fail aiming high then to succeed aiming low

GazFish35
24-05-2013, 06:29 PM
You do realise that our glee at this current point in time is not that we finished fourth, it's that you didn't.

pv4
24-05-2013, 07:38 PM
and unless i'm mistaken, both arsenal & tottenham aimed for fourth or better this year (aka the exact same "height"). in the same aim - arsenal did not fail, tottenham did.

edit:

:brr:
:oops:

Bluebeard
29-05-2013, 07:30 PM
My review of Spurs season.

Lets get one thing clear. I'm still extremely pissed off that those gypsy ****s finished a head of us.

1. AVB signing of the season. Whilst I was annoyed they sacked "Arry" I do believe he took us as far as he could.

2. Bale nuff said

3. We Any other year in the premier league we would have made 4th spot

4. Despite losing Modric and VDV at the start which caused instability things turned around.

5. We need some ****ing proper strikers FFS

6. We defeated Manure on their home turf for the first time like for ever.

And finally and this is a reflection on those ****s from Woolwhich

G
reat summary, as always making the most of nothing, when Spurs are ready to mix it with the big clubs come play.

The Ghost
29-05-2013, 09:38 PM
Pre premier league the big five were Manchester United, Liverpool, Tottenham, Everton and Arsenal.
Looking at last years table things haven't changed much ...

Jeterpool
01-08-2013, 10:14 AM
Spurs fans...thoughts on the Bale situation?

Think he will go? Want cash or cash+player? Who would you spend money on to replace Bale?

russjaybee
01-08-2013, 10:30 AM
From a spuds point of view how likely is the following ...

- Bale to RM
- Modric back from RM
- Suarez to replace Bale

?

Premy
01-08-2013, 10:50 AM
-Bale to Madrid
-Fabio Coentrao and Angel DiMaria to Spurs + €50mil
-Spurs sign Solardo for €30mil
-Spurs sign Chirirches for €8mil
-Spurs still finish 5 behind Unt, City, Flower Boys & Pool Gooners finish 6th

russjaybee
01-08-2013, 11:24 AM
Premy you don't think any of the Bale money would go towards debts / stadium?
Are you aware of your clubs financial position?

Premy
01-08-2013, 11:58 AM
Premy you don't think any of the Bale money would go towards debts / stadium?
Are you aware of your clubs financial position?

I'm no spurs fan I just think that's the likely option if they sell Bale, I actual fact I don't think spurs will sell him

goaliepersempre
02-08-2013, 03:57 AM
Looks like 120 million is the price....

russjaybee
02-08-2013, 12:36 PM
Soldado done.

Jeterpool
02-08-2013, 01:17 PM
Looks like 120 million is the price....

Wow. Just Wow.

GazFish35
06-08-2013, 03:05 PM
Nowhere really else to put this.

Good work spurs showing a sense of humour.

http://deadspin.com/what-might-happen-if-a-football-coach-coached-soccer-1012841849

idontwannaplaywithhowey
07-08-2013, 07:58 AM
There's no doubt in my mind that he will go. And at that price the club cant really say no, and he is stepping up to one of the biggest clubs in the world, so cant begrudge him either.

Levy will drain every last cent out of Real, but not a great deal will go back into the squad. As mentioned previously, stadium funding will be his priority. Maybe there will be one big(other than Soldado) purchase to appease us fans, but that's about all.

russjaybee
07-08-2013, 09:08 AM
Interesting to see if spurs will still push to secure public funding for the stadium...

Grimario
31-08-2013, 12:20 AM
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1165771/Gallifuoco-living-his-Spurs-dream

Being told he isn't good enough to bea professional footballer... Looks to be around the time our current stain was down at the AIS no?

plague
02-09-2013, 12:16 AM
Well if this isnt proof thats its all over then i dont know what more we need.
http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/bale-boots.jpg

goaliepersempre
02-09-2013, 05:13 AM
Sup spurs top day for you hahahahaha

baldrick
02-09-2013, 07:48 AM
Even as a Spurs supporter I'm beginning to feel sympathy at Arsenal.

What the **** has happened to the club?

Sometimes things you post come back to haunt you.

goaliepersempre
12-09-2013, 06:55 AM

Trolololololol

russjaybee
12-09-2013, 09:46 AM

Quality. It's the little things like that that make it all worth it.

baldrick
12-09-2013, 12:51 PM
:tongue:

Skirt Boy
23-09-2013, 11:05 AM
Top of the table!

Oh wait so are those peasants from Woolwich

russjaybee
25-11-2013, 11:13 AM
Chin up lads...

http://en.reddit.com/r/coys/comments/1rcnai/post_match_thread/cdlvbjh

joel31
25-11-2013, 11:20 AM
nice match this morning, you look like real contenders and you'll definitely finish above Arsenal

MFKS
16-12-2013, 10:15 PM
Villa Boas to be sacked today

Got to find a new manager for the umpteenth time :wacko:

plague
16-12-2013, 10:18 PM
Spurs should sign this chick.
Shes the only one who got the better of Suarez today.
http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/suarez-mascot-troll.gif

Kind of wish he bit her.

Premy
16-12-2013, 10:26 PM
She was just telling him how many goals they would score.

GVE out
AVB in

Jeterpool
17-12-2013, 08:21 AM
AVB shouldn't have been sacked. Every manager has crappy runs at some stage. They had more points than this time last season, won all 6 Europa league games and are still in touching distance of the top 4.

Spurs signed too many new players too quickly, sure, but give them some time to blend and get used to playing with each other.

So who is to replace him? Di Matteo would be my call.

I see Jamie Redknapp reckons they would be wanting Jurgen Klopp or Diego Simeone. He's been spending too much time in the car with his Dad's bulldog if he reckons that'll happen.

goaliepersempre
17-12-2013, 08:25 AM
and the laughing stock continues.....

idontwannaplaywithhowey
17-12-2013, 09:53 AM
AVB shouldn't have been sacked. Every manager has crappy runs at some stage. They had more points than this time last season, won all 6 Europa league games and are still in touching distance of the top 4.

Spurs signed too many new players too quickly, sure, but give them some time to blend and get used to playing with each other.

So who is to replace him? Di Matteo would be my call.

I see Jamie Redknapp reckons they would be wanting Jurgen Klopp or Diego Simeone. He's been spending too much time in the car with his Dad's bulldog if he reckons that'll happen.

Completely agree mate. The short term nature of modern football is killing me. We signed half a new squad in the summer, and dont even let it go half a season to settle in before sacking a manager. And I have no idea who will replace him anyway, there are no quality managers available at the moment...

Jeterpool
17-12-2013, 10:01 AM
Completely agree mate. The short term nature of modern football is killing me. We signed half a new squad in the summer, and dont even let it go half a season to settle in before sacking a manager. And I have no idea who will replace him anyway, there are no quality managers available at the moment...

You know what, had Bill Shankly been a manager in this day-and-age he wouldn't have survived his first season. Liverpool didn't perform too well that year.

You are right about short-term nature. It's because modern day fans demand instant success, which they think comes through spending $$. Very few are prepared to wait.

The names i've seen linked so far are Laundrup, Di Matteo, Capello, Balandini (sp.), Tim Sherwood.

Bremsstrahlung
17-12-2013, 11:20 AM
Should get Holloway imo. Need more of his post match press conferences. *not a serious suggestion really.

AVB very harshly done by. Beaten by 2 quality teams this year, that happens. This was really always going to be a transitioning year after losing their best player and getting in a bunch of new faces. They needed time to gel and frankly, were doing quite well for a new team. Liverpool didn't perform too well in Rodger's transitioning year. Moyes isn't performing with basically the same group of players that won it last year....

How did Spurs fans on here feel about AVB? I know he's made a few comments in the press criticising the fans, which in any circumstance probably isn't the best move...

Skirt Boy
17-12-2013, 11:49 AM
How did Spurs fans on here feel about AVB? I know he's made a few comments in the press criticising the fans, which in any circumstance probably isn't the best move...

He had every right to be critical to the fans but it should never have happened.

My dot points

Why did we have to go and buy so many attacking players when we already had a solid midfield? Ok I can understand the need for 1-2 new signings but seriously why so many?
Why get a new sole striker? Abedeyor is solid and better suited to such a role when his mind is up for it
They got rid of a left back when they have left back issues
Trying to turn Townsend into a new Bale is asinine especially when you consider all the other attacking players they brought it. I'm all for promoting from within, but seriously. When you spend 100 million quid and then keep them on the bench and use a young kid........yeah them some smarts
**** off with the Technical Director FFS. It doesn't work in the English Leagues and all it does is add fuel to the fire when the media are wanting heads to roll
We are still ahead of the team who won the league last year and there was no real need to panic just yet. Despite the floggings we are still within striking distance of 2nd spot.
I have a lot of time for Levy. His turned the club right around and since he has been in full control he has done some great things and made us perennial contenders. But **** me he does some stupid things at times.

russjaybee
18-12-2013, 11:02 AM
Wenger has outlasted how many, 12? spurs managers?

ITS OUR YEAR BOYS, COYS!

goaliepersempre
05-01-2014, 07:36 AM

Sup

Skirt Boy
12-01-2014, 01:52 PM
Heh despite our problems we are up to 5th only 5 points behind Arsenal and 6 behind the leaders. Imagine how good we would be if was having a good year. :D

Bluebeard
12-01-2014, 05:44 PM
Heh despite our problems we are up to 5th only 5 points behind Arsenal and 6 behind the leaders. Imagine how good we would be if was having a good year. :D

FFS you are having a good year - there is no imagine how good we would be if was having a good year.

When will Spurs fan learn they are not a top 4 team

russjaybee
12-01-2014, 09:14 PM
We have a game in hand also.

pv4
12-01-2014, 09:28 PM
Imagine how good we would be if was having a good year. :D

One of your worst

pv4
14-01-2014, 09:12 AM
Heh despite our problems we are up to 6th only 8 points behind Arsenal and 8 behind the leaders.

Updated to reflect end of round with same amount of games played.

Skirt Boy
30-01-2014, 10:15 AM
Well what a farce that was.

Dawson scored and it should never have been a penalty.

Disgraceful.

Skirt Boy
12-02-2014, 08:42 AM
Yes you are right, this thread should be named as mind the gap!

Last time I looked we were 5th, three points behind Liverpool. Been playing shit. Sacked a manager and put a yooth coach in charge and still ahead of last seasons winners.

Just wait till we start playing properly.

pv4
12-02-2014, 08:53 AM
and still ahead of last seasons winners.

:deadhorse:

Skirt Boy
13-02-2014, 08:58 AM
4-0 away against Toon.

And Chadil.............what a ****ing goal.

sh10
13-02-2014, 11:27 AM
Spurs have been utter gash this season, how on earth are you 7 pts off top? With a ****ing negative goal difference?

idontwannaplaywithhowey
13-02-2014, 03:11 PM
Spurs have been utter gash this season, how on earth are you 7 pts off top? With a ****ing negative goal difference?

Our goal difference is poor, but it isn't negative.
But your are right, we have been utter rubbish this season. Apart from a good first half v Chelsea and ok against Man United we have been exceptionally poor. But to still be there to thereabouts is something to hold on to, and you never know what could happen if we start playing well.

The Ghost
13-02-2014, 09:19 PM
Still 15 wins and 5 draws are on the board. The hammerings ( West Ham included) we've taken have distracted from the ugly points we've accumulated. With Norwich then Cardiff to come next the opportunity is there to move closer to the top or to completely stuff things up.

The Ghost
24-02-2014, 03:48 PM
Still 15 wins and 5 draws are on the board. The hammerings ( West Ham included) we've taken have distracted from the ugly points we've accumulated. With Norwich then Cardiff to come next the opportunity is there to move closer to the top or to completely stuff things up.

Looks like we've ticked the option 2 box then....

Skirt Boy
01-03-2014, 12:35 PM
In the rumour mill Spurs are going to offer Milan Lamela for Balotelli. :D

Bluebeard
09-03-2014, 07:10 PM
Thanks Spurs for attacking the wrong end at the Bridge - made for an easy afternoon.

MFKS
09-03-2014, 07:13 PM
How shambolic was the defending though??

The only other club who defended that bad this weekend was WSW who basically handed 3 goals and 3 points to Sydney FC

GazFish35
09-03-2014, 09:13 PM
Leave spurs alone on today of all days.

95 years ago today arsenal were voted into the top flight at spurs expense..... And have never been relegated.

Skirt Boy
10-03-2014, 01:04 PM
Leave spurs alone on today of all days.

95 years ago today arsenal were voted into the top flight at spurs expense..... And have never been relegated.

**** off back to the other side of the river you khunt.

Anyways classic Spurs this weekend. :D

GazFish35
10-03-2014, 01:17 PM
!'ll leave you alone skirt.

just waiting for a mate, hes due to pick me at 5:2

russjaybee
10-03-2014, 03:19 PM
Funny time to pick you up Gaz, hasn't he picked you up at that time before?

GazFish35
10-03-2014, 03:28 PM
yeah, he did last year too.

Skirt Boy
15-05-2014, 10:39 AM
For once I'd like us to have a manager that lasts for more then a few weeks.

goaliepersempre
19-05-2014, 05:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0R7gWf-nSA

snake
19-05-2014, 05:53 PM
the best moment of his life and he'd concerned with tottenham ffs

to be fair, the players are probably satiated for nearly a decade now

Skirt Boy
28-05-2014, 12:03 PM
Taking bets on how long the new gaffer will last.

pv4
29-05-2014, 10:14 AM
the best moment of his life and he'd concerned with tottenham ffs

Wasn't it you that celebrated the hardest when Tiago cottoned on to Plan Let's Get Brisbane To Beat Us So The Mariners Don't Win The Premiership?

Skirt Boy
25-08-2014, 03:30 AM
Top of the table, best goal difference.

plague
25-08-2014, 09:17 AM
Top of the table, best goal difference.

They looked good last night SB.
Best test coming up in the next week or so when they play fellow mid table team Liverpool.

Grimario
25-08-2014, 10:23 AM
They looked very good.

Not sure that's entirely them being amazing or QPR being absolute dog shite. Honestly, who would have thunk that 3 lumbering centre backs would have looked immobile against that kind of quick movement and passing?

The mind boggles.

Every 50/50 ball bounced in favour of Spurs in the first half as well. Challenges flying in from both sides and the ball just magically ends up two yards past the QPR defender with the Spurs player running unopposed into their half. Was good to watch. Really hope Ol Droopy Face is the first sacked.

BodyNovo
25-08-2014, 11:54 AM
that capoue fella is a beast. basically stopped every little move for qpr and let bentalab run the show.

lamela finally coming good as well.

Skirt Boy
21-12-2014, 07:18 PM
Well well well. Above the scum.

BodyNovo
29-12-2014, 09:22 AM
was very impressed with spurs last night

ryan mason and stambouli were standouts

fazio is just an accident always waiting to happen.

erikson unfortunately imo is a waste at spurs, if he was at united he would be having a field day feeding RVP and Falcao.

Lloris reaffirmed my opinion that he is the best keeper in the prem but.

SB why does dembele not play as much anymore either? hes probably one of the better players in the league.

idontwannaplaywithhowey
29-12-2014, 10:39 AM
was very impressed with spurs last night

ryan mason and stambouli were standouts

fazio is just an accident always waiting to happen.

erikson unfortunately imo is a waste at spurs, if he was at united he would be having a field day feeding RVP and Falcao.

Lloris reaffirmed my opinion that he is the best keeper in the prem but.

SB why does dembele not play as much anymore either? hes probably one of the better players in the league.

Mate, Ryan Mason has gone from strength to strength (especially in the last month).We really notice the loss of his energy when he isn't out there.
In relation to Dembele, I think he just doesn't move the ball quickly enough for Pochettino's liking. He has great quality on the ball, but he just takes a touch or two too many (every time). I think that the manager prefers that little bit of extra pace and energy in his defensive midfielders as well (hence Bentaleb and Mason preferred). If Dembele is going to get a run it will be in behind Kane, but obviously that's only when Eriksen is unavailable.

hawk
29-12-2014, 08:29 PM
Spurs steely defence impressive

Skirt Boy
02-01-2015, 12:57 PM
How good were these cunce last night.

plague
02-01-2015, 01:20 PM
How good were these cunce last night.

Brilliant.

De-Champ
02-01-2015, 02:46 PM
long way to go yet

hawk
03-01-2015, 12:06 AM
harry kane

MFKS
06-01-2015, 12:23 AM
https://twitter.com/BBCSporf/status/552065765139308544/photo/1

Spuds release season highlight DVD already

Skirt Boy
08-02-2015, 12:23 PM
I want to have kids to Harry Kane.

hawk
08-02-2015, 08:17 PM
lad did it again

idontwannaplaywithhowey
09-02-2015, 04:37 PM
I want to have kids to Harry Kane.

Ill join you....what a legend.

Buddha
09-02-2015, 06:57 PM
The best tweet to come out of that game was

"Even if the pitch was covered in flames, I don't think Dembele would move with any sort of urgency"

idontwannaplaywithhowey
10-02-2015, 03:01 PM
Mauricio Pochettino and sustainability
I wrote plenty about the manner of Spurs' victory in 16 Conclusions, but it is important to note that this was a game won in the planning and detail, rather than by fluke or generated by the emotional melee of an intense derby atmosphere. Whilst Arsenal looked tired during the second half (having played 33 matches this season), Spurs seemed fresh. This was their 40th game of the campaign.

It is a hallmark of Mauricio Pochettino's tenure at White Hart Lane. Spurs have won 12 points in the last five minutes of matches, twice as many as any other side. 28% of their points gained in 6% of the match - it's an eye-opening statistic.

"We had a great pre-season," Harry Kane said when asked of the reason for such a record. "As the season has gone on we've got fitter and fitter. We've got better and I think that showed again. We looked stronger and I think we can keep that going for as long as possible. I feel fitter. I feel the fittest I've ever felt."

In late July, Christian Eriksen also remarked on the commitment demanded from Pochettino. "It's been a hard pre-season," he said. "We've been getting closer to where we want to be when the season starts. It is pretty hard. The first few weeks there were times when we went to bed pretty early. There have been double sessions two times a week when we were training at 10 o' clock and then again at 4, so it's a long day. Mentally as well it's pretty hard but it's fun to play football, so it's alright." The proof of the pudding is in the eating, and nothing tastes sweeter than derby victory.

There is also a sustainability to this improvement under Pochettino. Tim Sherwood must be credited with the development of Nabil Bentaleb, but the relative youth of this Spurs squad allows the glass ceiling to be smashed. Eight of the starting XI against Arsenal were aged 24 or under. This team had the youngest average age of any Premier League team this season, and it gave one of the most complete performances.

"This is our philosophy," Pochettino said of his trusting in youth. "It was our philosophy at Espanyol, Southampton and now here. Why not? If you have players with potential for first team, why not? This is our identity. We have to give these players opportunities to show their value. Maybe we are brave." Stirring stuff.

This is Tottenham, so there will be always those wary of one step forward and two more back. Many supporters are focused only on a top-four place, but sometimes you have to look at the bigger picture. Football isn't just about the Champions League, it's about fans feeling that a plan is in place, that proaction is being preferred to reaction. It's about knowing foundations are being laid, rather than fancy houses built on sand.

Whatever happens this season, it feels like Spurs supporters are finally falling back in love with their club again. Pochettino deserves immense credit for effecting that transformation in such a brief time period.

This was on Football365 and perfectly sums up my feelings around the current Spurs team.

Jeterpool
11-02-2015, 09:53 AM
Balo :wub:

goaliepersempre
05-05-2015, 07:02 AM
Its Happened Again

Its happened Again

tottenham Hotspur

Its happened again

St Totteringhams day/Night

goaliepersempre
11-05-2015, 10:05 PM
Pretty quiet over here

idontwannaplaywithhowey
12-05-2015, 12:41 PM
Pretty quiet over here

Not much to talk about mate, just our usual end of season free fall....

goaliepersempre
12-05-2015, 09:06 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WlO_xeeS2E

glad finally realised but when does the delusion start again

lquiquer
30-05-2015, 07:25 PM
Oswaldo Ardiles..........saw him play in "London" 1985/87 ish but remember him better as a Argentina 78 legend.......

plague
19-04-2016, 06:02 PM
Hey guys.

parksey
19-04-2016, 08:58 PM
get your house on spurs

yid army

always been my second team

boz-monaut
27-04-2016, 08:20 PM
I'll just leave this here:

https://fbcdn-photos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xla1/v/t1.0-0/s526x395/13062303_951915838260096_7256189967168359265_n.jpg ?oh=5ed44e529e82d505affa62c0e00fbe72&oe=57ABC32B&__gda__=1472108791_9fc34ec8525df77042f5e0c39db5f10 9

idontwannaplaywithhowey
28-04-2016, 12:51 PM

https://fbcdn-photos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xla1/v/t1.0-0/s526x395/13062303_951915838260096_7256189967168359265_n.jpg ?oh=5ed44e529e82d505affa62c0e00fbe72&oe=57ABC32B&__gda__=1472108791_9fc34ec8525df77042f5e0c39db5f10 9

Great legs!
Shame we ran out of them just a little early. Tough ask for us to get their now and I think Leicester will go on with it. Couldn't be prouder of the spurs lads though for their efforts, its been n amazing ride this year with more to come if Pochettino doesn't wander off in the summer.

MFKS
03-05-2016, 07:35 AM
2-0 and you ****ed it up
2-0 and you ****ed it up

Only Spuds could finish above Chelsea City United Pool and the Arsenal and not win the League

furns
03-05-2016, 09:15 AM
+

Early version of a full kit wanker?

boz-monaut
03-05-2016, 09:22 AM
I'm beginning to suspect some of you don't actually know who that is

Jeterpool
03-05-2016, 09:29 AM

I'll say that I don't.

Kinda looks like Matt Le-Tissier though.

PC14
03-05-2016, 09:51 AM

Jimmy the kiddy fiddler?

cobra23
03-05-2016, 10:00 AM

princess camilla ?

boz-monaut
03-05-2016, 10:03 AM
Kinda looks like Matt Le-Tissier though.

http://giant.gfycat.com/RichCookedBrant.gif

Jetmaster
03-05-2016, 03:13 PM
Didn't know Saville was a Spud - "clunk, click....".

How thuggish did the Spuds get towards the end btw.

goaliepersempre
16-05-2016, 05:17 AM
Its happened again! It's happened aagggaiiiinnn. :cool:

Jeterpool
16-05-2016, 08:13 AM
Pochettino has a big job to do next season with Spurs mental strength. Wait and see what happens over the summer with transfers out, but there is potential they could be like Liverpool a few years ago who never really recovered after nearly winning the league and after losing their best player struggled to ever regain that form. Liverpool still couldn't defend and they could no longer simply rely on outscoring their opponent.

Spurs have had the advantage of playing Europa League the last few seasons, but it can be hard for a player to have come so close and missed out to turn around and do it all again.

And today was just the final insult to their season.

pv4
16-05-2016, 08:57 AM
http://i.imgur.com/itp4oR1.png

Skirt Boy
20-04-2018, 05:29 PM
What's happened since PV4?

StannyCFCJET
20-04-2018, 05:32 PM
What's happened since PV4?

Nothing. Unless putting on pressure counts as a trophy

Jetmaster
27-04-2018, 09:07 AM
Nothing. Unless putting on pressure counts as a trophy

I reckon they make their own trophies for Euro qualification and count them.

StannyCFCJET
27-04-2018, 10:04 AM
I reckon they make their own trophies for Euro qualification and count them.

Same as Arsenal then.

Frodo
28-01-2019, 01:21 PM
Spuds get knocked out of the 2 cups they had an honest shot of winning and Poch comes out and says that Trophies only inflate someone's ego rather than prove you were a great team.

ROFL, bloke is towing the company line way too hard.

plague
20-02-2019, 10:01 AM
If you think Spurs can overtake Liverpool on the table the bookies will give you $8.50 back for every $1 you give them.

That's good odds in a two horse race.

MFKS
24-02-2019, 11:43 PM
If you think Spurs can overtake Liverpool on the table the bookies will give you $8.50 back for every $1 you give them.

No its not

Spuds cant beat Burnley FFS

Frodo
25-02-2019, 06:36 AM

Obviously never met the only team to finish 3rd in a 2 horse race. There's even a term for losing a title race before you're in it, it's called spurs'ing it.

StannyCFCJET
28-02-2019, 01:37 PM
Best team in London my arse

idontwannaplaywithhowey
28-02-2019, 04:24 PM

We are now going with 'Best Goalkeeper and right back communication in London'

StannyCFCJET
28-02-2019, 05:24 PM
We are now going with 'Best Goalkeeper and right back communication in London'

Fits

MFKS
28-02-2019, 06:16 PM

We talking about Arsenal??

StannyCFCJET
28-02-2019, 06:25 PM
We talking about Arsenal??

All time maybe, Since the 90s nope

Frodo
28-02-2019, 07:28 PM

Chelsea are 6th and Tottenham are 3rd.... So technically and logically they are currently the best team in London this season. Chelsea are the 3rd best team in London....

If we are talking best team in London ever than Arsenal win that one.

Soooooo.... not sure what you're trying to say with this one Stanny!

But thanks for beating them, if we beat them next week we are 1 point behind and they are in all sorts of trouble. Plus this win is just delaying Chelsea's inevitable meltdown for another few weeks.

StannyCFCJET
28-02-2019, 07:34 PM
Chelsea are 6th and Tottenham are 3rd.... So technically and logically they are currently the best team in London this season. Chelsea are the 3rd best team in London....

If we are talking best team in London ever than Arsenal win that one.

Soooooo.... not sure what you're trying to say with this one Stanny!

But thanks for beating them, if we beat them next week we are 1 point behind and they are in all sorts of trouble. Plus this win is just delaying Chelsea's inevitable meltdown for another few weeks.

If go off recent trophies haul as my only criteria so.......................

The Ghost
28-02-2019, 07:50 PM
I would have classed the cup final display of unity as the meltdown already starting

idontwannaplaywithhowey
01-03-2019, 09:53 AM

It will be a spicy one, that's for sure.
A few years ago I would be packing darkies about falling away and fading out (and for the 20 years before that I wouldn't be worried because we were pants) but I'm actually confident we will get 'the job' - (of finishing Top 4, the realistic target for us) done.
I'm not as confident we will get the job done in the North London derby, but come the end of the season I think we will be in that 3rd spot. Everyone loves the 'Spursy' tag, and historically the shoe has definitely fit, but the times, they are a changing (until next year when Poch toddles of to Real Madrid).

Jetmaster
04-04-2019, 07:27 PM
Full strength beer served....the way it should be.

https://youtu.be/S7zJHH704oM

They even have a stadium brewery.

Well done spuds.

Skirt Boy
23-05-2019, 06:50 PM
Spuds get knocked out of the 2 cups they had an honest shot of winning and Poch comes out and says that Trophies only inflate someone's ego rather than prove you were a great team.

Nice prediction.

Frodo
24-05-2019, 08:57 AM
Nice prediction.

The part where they got knocked out of Carabou and FA cups wasn't a prediction. It had just happened. Everything else still stands true as well...

Thoughts on Juve getting in Poch's ear right before the UCL final?

plague
24-05-2019, 11:06 AM
Thoughts on Juve getting in Poch's ear right before the UCL final?

legit question, would the money be that much better at Juve than Spurs (they can start paying people now that the stadium is done yeah)?

Because as a coach, are you getting any more credit/love for winning the Serie A and crashing out in the later rounds of the Champs League?
If he stays at Spurs and continues the 'lucky loser' streak that he and Klopp are on dont you think he skates a lot easier with the media and fans?

He cant bring Juve any more success, and if he cocks it up there, any opportunities of a proper 'big job' like a Madrid/Barca etc might then fall away.

Skirt Boy
24-05-2019, 11:34 AM
Poch is a Spurs lifer.

Frodo
24-05-2019, 12:29 PM
Poch is a Spurs lifer.

Hahahaha.

I wish that was true just for the lols.

Skirt Boy
24-05-2019, 06:25 PM
Hahahaha.

I wish that was true just for the lols.

Well why would he leave?

Tottenham have developed into one of the biggest clubs in Europe under him. The junior setup is 2nd to none in the UK. New stadium. Still quite a young side.

Go to one of the other top clubs. Have a bad run or season and you're fired. No job security, no opportunity to build your own legacy. Man U will always be Ferguson. Liverpool will always be Daglish, Arsenal will always be Wenger and so on.

I do get the feeling that Pochettino is not a glory hunter and actually does want to build a lasting legacy at Tottenham.

Skirt Boy
24-05-2019, 06:29 PM
Also how ****ing good is the new stadium? Fark me.

StannyCFCJET
24-05-2019, 07:04 PM
Well why would he leave?

Tottenham have developed into one of the biggest clubs in Europe under him. The junior setup is 2nd to none in the UK. New stadium. Still quite a young side.

Go to one of the other top clubs. Have a bad run or season and you're fired. No job security, no opportunity to build your own legacy. Man U will always be Ferguson. Liverpool will always be Daglish, Arsenal will always be Wenger and so on.

I do get the feeling that Pochettino is not a glory hunter and actually does want to build a lasting legacy at Tottenham.

Biggest clubs in Europe? Hahahaha. Poch loves Spuds because there is no pressure to win anything.

plague
24-05-2019, 07:51 PM

ive no doubt that he will eventually leave, but it will be a much better opportunity than Juve.
Cant see him jumping into one of these so called 'big' clubs that are actually in a trash position and will spit him out the first sign of struggle.

plague
24-05-2019, 07:53 PM
Liverpool will always be Daglish

listen this is a question worth nothing in the bigger picture but do Liverpool fans think of themselves as 'Dalglish's club'?
im no Liverpool fan but that comment just stood out.

where Mr jeterpool at?

Frodo
25-05-2019, 08:31 AM
legit question, would the money be that much better at Juve than Spurs (they can start paying people now that the stadium is done yeah)?

Because as a coach, are you getting any more credit/love for winning the Serie A and crashing out in the later rounds of the Champs League?
If he stays at Spurs and continues the 'lucky loser' streak that he and Klopp are on dont you think he skates a lot easier with the media and fans?

He cant bring Juve any more success, and if he cocks it up there, any opportunities of a proper 'big job' like a Madrid/Barca etc might then fall away.

Juventus wage bill is twice that of Spuds and Spuds won't have any more money for the next 5-10 years whilst they pay off that stadium. Hence why he is posturing to leave. Juve are dining from the top table when it comes to transfers each season. Spuds are ham-strung by their lack of funds.

This UCL run is an anomaly, Spuds were extremely lucky to get out of their group, they are still a small premier league club.

If Poch wants to be considered a great coach he needs to win things. His chances are probably a bit better at Juve than Spuds. No one can deny that. So thats why he would be putting serious consideration into joining them. A single club remembers a long time coach, the world remembers a title/trophy winning coach.

Frodo
25-05-2019, 08:40 AM
Well why would he leave?

3 things.

They are the 6th biggest club in England. So no, they aren't a big club in Europe. Sorry to burst that bubble.

Also, They don't have a super academy.
5th on total minutes for academy players and 5th in total minutes for players under 21. West Ham and Southampton are above you guys. And of course Arsenal are as well.

Also also, don't put Poch in the same category as SAF and Wenger. They won trophies. You don't become a legend for hanging around putting the pressure on. You become David Moyes. If Poch wants to the next David Moyes he stays, if he wants to be recognised as a top tier coach, he has to leave. Surely you understand that SB?

Skirt Boy
25-05-2019, 09:19 AM
I disagree. Whilst it awesome to win trophies. How it's done is what leaves a lasting legacy.

Who really won the trophies for Chelsea and City? The managers or the owners millions?

And that's why I highlighted the other 3 managers. Yep they all won a lot of titles but it's the behind the scenes and the work that most don't see is what their legacy is.

That's what Pochettino is doing at Spurs.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7066487/Mauricio-Pochettino-ends-doubt-future-Tottenham-manager.html

StannyCFCJET
25-05-2019, 09:50 AM
I disagree. Whilst it awesome to win trophies. How it's done is what leaves a lasting legacy.

Who really won the trophies for Chelsea and City? The managers or the owners millions?

And that's why I highlighted the other 3 managers. Yep they all won a lot of titles but it's the behind the scenes and the work that most don't see is what their legacy is.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7066487/Mauricio-Pochettino-ends-doubt-future-Tottenham-manager.html

Our coaches and players won the trophies through their skill and hard work. Roman just gave us the tools

Frodo
25-05-2019, 10:40 AM

Ancelotti, Mourinho and Pep are world class managers. None of them stick around for the project. Trophies don't make you a great coach by themselves, but without them you can never be a world class manager.

plague
25-05-2019, 03:53 PM
Trophies don't make you a great coach by themselves, but without them you can never be a world class manager.

whilst id generally agree with this statement, if any club could have any coach in the world right now would Klopp be the 2nd pick behind Pep?

and those 2 have real different looking trophy cabinets.

StannyCFCJET
25-05-2019, 04:50 PM
whilst id generally agree with this statement, if any club could have any coach in the world right now would Klopp be the 2nd pick behind Pep?

Yes all day every day.

Frodo
25-05-2019, 11:58 PM

Sorry, didn't use my words correctly. I mean when we look back on their careers. At the moment Poch would walk into almost any club if he wanted. But if he doesn't win anything, he will be forgotten very quickly.

Same would go for Klopp. He will be remembered in Germany for the two league titles and the DFB Pokal his plucky Dortmund side won against one of the strongest Bayern sides in history. But if he doesn't win trophies at Liverpool he will be forgotten. Simple as that. If Klopp finishes 2nd for 10 years in a row, it won't mean a thing for his legacy, it will just improve his chances of moving somewhere where he can win trophies.

plague
26-05-2019, 09:01 AM
Sorry, didn't use my words correctly. I mean when we look back on their careers. At the moment Poch would walk into almost any club if he wanted. But if he doesn't win anything, he will be forgotten very quickly.

Same would go for Klopp. He will be remembered in Germany for the two league titles and the DFB Pokal his plucky Dortmund side won against one of the strongest Bayern sides in history. But if he doesn't win trophies at Liverpool he will be forgotten. Simple as that. If Klopp finishes 2nd for 10 years in a row, it won't mean a thing for his legacy, it will just improve his chances of moving somewhere where he can win trophies.

yeah i dont disagree with your point, its that i think Poch still has a few 'lucky loser' years in him at Spurs. I dont think taking the Juve job will make him any more or less desirable for future prospects. Also,Juve are way closer to the end of their run than they are to the start, and if hes the guy at the helm when things finally tail off it will look real bad on him.

actually your point also raises a real good question.

who do you think is the best coach ever who didnt really win anything?

Skirt Boy
26-05-2019, 09:29 AM
who do you think is the best coach ever who didnt really win anything?

Martin Joj and Big Sam

Frodo
26-05-2019, 10:34 AM
Martin Joj and Big Sam

David Moyes.

plague
26-05-2019, 11:38 AM
what about Hiddink?
for how good he's always been lauded as, he only won 1 x Champions League very early on in his career didnt he?

you can def accuse him of underachieving yeah?

plague
26-05-2019, 11:40 AM
what about Carlos Queiroz?

for a while there he was everyones 'next big thing' yeah?

plague
26-05-2019, 11:40 AM
also, Big Sam.

wowsers. That sure is an interesting choice.

Bremsstrahlung
26-05-2019, 11:46 AM
Think Klopp came out and said he will probably manage one more club once his Liverpool time is up.

Skirt Boy
29-05-2019, 11:39 AM
Onya Craig!

https://www.theherald.com.au/story/6182488/how-craig-johnston-played-for-liverpool-then-lived-with-tottenhams-owners/#slide=1

plague
29-05-2019, 12:08 PM
wait, so Craig Johnston played for Liverpool? and hes from Newcastle?

wow, i never knew that.

MFKS
29-05-2019, 01:57 PM
3 things.

They are the 6th biggest club in England. So no, they aren't a big club in Europe. Sorry to burst that bubble.

Also, They don't have a super academy.
5th on total minutes for academy players and 5th in total minutes for players under 21. West Ham and Southampton are above you guys. And of course Arsenal are as well.

Also also, don't put Poch in the same category as SAF and Wenger. They won trophies. You don't become a legend for hanging around putting the pressure on. You become David Moyes. If Poch wants to the next David Moyes he stays, if he wants to be recognised as a top tier coach, he has to leave. Surely you understand that SB?

Behind Man U they are the 2nd biggest club for fans in England

Underachievers historically yes but they only not a big club due to this aspect of trophies won

Skirt Boy
29-05-2019, 09:41 PM
wait, so Craig Johnston played for Liverpool? and hes from Newcastle?

wow, i never knew that.

Also was with Joe Lewis's daughter for a number of years and witness his transformation of Spurs under Levy. :)

The Ghost
02-06-2019, 05:13 PM
Now ..back the manager.

Jeterpool
02-06-2019, 07:33 PM
Now ..back the manager.

He did an incredible job to manage a squad that doesn't run so deep and achieve what he did.

Skirt Boy
02-09-2019, 11:16 AM
Played against 12 again. ****ing over this crapfest that is modern day officiating.

furns
02-09-2019, 05:19 PM
Bit a a wobble-fest from both sides tbh
Your lot really lost the momentum they had when they scored just before halftime.

pv4
04-09-2019, 03:10 PM
Played against 12 again. ****ing over this crapfest that is modern day officiating.

Skirt Boy
15-09-2019, 08:22 AM
Easy lads. 4-0

goaliepersempre
25-09-2019, 06:57 AM
Hahaha
Who is to blame for that!

baldrick
25-09-2019, 07:13 AM
Lolololololololol

Skirt Boy
25-09-2019, 08:12 AM
Meh. Was just a cup game. Gave the fringe players a good run on the park.

boz-monaut
25-09-2019, 08:59 AM
the big six should all drop out of this Mickey Mouse cup - it's a complete waste of time

deliberately drop out I mean, not like Spurs

Frodo
25-09-2019, 09:07 AM

You mean like Dier, Alli, Moura, Sanchez, Son and Erikkson? Poch needed to win this game to help stop the slide you guys are on. Definitely picking up speed now, lol.

Skirt Boy
25-09-2019, 09:57 AM
You mean like Dier, Alli, Moura, Sanchez, Son and Erikkson? Poch needed to win this game to help stop the slide you guys are on. Definitely picking up speed now, lol.

Yeah all fringe players. I mean Erikkson wasn't going to stay and I can't remember the last time Dier or Alli started a premier league game.

StannyCFCJET
25-09-2019, 10:22 AM

Only comp you had a chance of winning though? I guess trophies arnt important to Poch or Spurs, Just putting on pressure

pv4
25-09-2019, 10:48 AM

Yeah all fringe players.

5 out of 6 of those listed players featured in the CL final last year.

Skirt Boy
25-09-2019, 11:18 AM

Just goes to show you much Spurs have progressed that they are restricted to mean nothing cup games.

Frodo
25-09-2019, 11:35 AM
Just goes to show you much Spurs have progressed that they are restricted to mean nothing cup games.

3 of them started against Arsenal and City. And Alli was injured and probably would have started. But keep digging a hole.

Surely Poch is just getting ready for the Madrid job at the end of the season now. He's taken you as far as he can, you both need a change.

pv4
25-09-2019, 12:38 PM

If I am reading things correctly since then your competitive results have been WDLDWDLL which is more losses than wins and also more draws than wins, so if you're happy with that progression then sure.

plague
25-09-2019, 12:49 PM

Colchester would have won that final too.

goaliepersempre
25-09-2019, 04:05 PM

so when was the last time you won anything....

russjaybee
25-09-2019, 04:24 PM
https://i.imgur.com/MPbX6OD.jpg

StannyCFCJET
25-09-2019, 06:48 PM
so when was the last time you won anything....

Do pre season trophies count?

goaliepersempre
25-09-2019, 07:37 PM
Do pre season trophies count?

League, FA Cup, Europa and Champions league (or equivelant).

StannyCFCJET
26-09-2019, 12:32 AM
I hate as a Chelsea fan that the last time Spurs didn't go all spursy was at our expense

Frodo
26-09-2019, 06:37 AM
All good now. Chelsea took all the heat away from spuds, they conceded a goal to Grimsby Town this morning. Not sure how they'll live that one down.

boz-monaut
26-09-2019, 06:43 AM
West Ham would like to apologise for anything they said yesterday

Frodo
26-09-2019, 06:54 AM
West Ham would like to apologise for anything they said yesterday

4!!!! They conceded 4!

With plenty of PL quality players too, that's a kick on the teeth for Pellegrini.

Frodo
26-09-2019, 07:13 AM
United fell through on penalties, so Spuds and West Ham are currently winning the "this cup really doesn't matter but we still lost to a team many divisions below us" trophy so far this season.

Jetmaster
26-09-2019, 02:05 PM
4!!!! They conceded 4!

With plenty of PL quality players too, that's a kick on the teeth for Pellegrini.

I predicted a 3-0 loss....if you look at the West Ham history in the League Cup, the common thread is early exit to lower division opposition.

Hence - no shock result there.

Skirt Boy
29-09-2019, 07:44 AM
We won which is awesome but ffs. That wasn't a sending off.

Frodo
29-09-2019, 08:35 AM
We won which is awesome but ffs. That wasn't a sending off.

I'd be pissed if it was one of my players, but you can see from the refs view (the first view I saw from behind Aurier) it looks like a stone wall yellow. Why is he stupid enough to push his hands into his back/side, where the ref obviously can't see it, to slow him down? Aurier is a really really dumb player and he gave the guy a perfect opportunity to go down and get him sent.

Frodo
29-09-2019, 08:35 AM
Also, VAR can't look at yellow cards so can't blame that.

Skirt Boy
20-11-2019, 05:50 PM
Jose..............Shows intent that Spurs are gunning for titles and proves once and for all that they are indeed top dog in London.

MFKS
20-11-2019, 05:55 PM
Jose..............Shows intent that Spurs are gunning for titles and proves once and for all that they are indeed top dog in London.

Season is over

Only playing for cups

StannyCFCJET
20-11-2019, 06:10 PM

You will never be top dogs in London

goaliepersempre
20-11-2019, 08:03 PM

hahahahaha

idontwannaplaywithhowey
21-11-2019, 09:44 AM
You are right to laugh. This is going to be a disaster.

plague
21-11-2019, 09:49 AM
You are right to laugh. This is going to be a disaster.

thats why im now a Spurs lifelong fan. cant wait.

idontwannaplaywithhowey
21-11-2019, 10:04 AM
thats why im now a Spurs lifelong fan. cant wait.

Apparently we tried to get your boy Rodgers from your other lifelong club Lester as well.

This is obviously much worse, but could be a much more interesting train wreck.

plague
21-11-2019, 10:10 AM
Apparently we tried to get your boy Rodgers from your other lifelong club Lester as well.

This is obviously much worse, but could be a much more interesting train wreck.

yeah that would have been a disaster.
At least Jose is in on the joke, and his press conference act is part of his charm.
Rodgers isnt so self aware.