PDA

View Full Version : it would be just like the ****ing jets to win...

snake
24-03-2013, 11:13 AM
and give the gypos a sniff

just like a year ago, i will be cheering the opposition to a win in newy

to support the jets in this situation would be akin to support an unwanted rape pregnancy to a syphylitic heroin junky mother - put it down - it isn't worth it

the jets are not born out of love

carn the wsw

**** the mariners

q-money
24-03-2013, 11:20 AM
mon

MFKS
24-03-2013, 11:25 AM
Useless Gypos will blow it today by not getting 3 points in Adelaide.

Problem solved

boz-monaut
24-03-2013, 01:09 PM
to support the jets in this situation would be akin to support an unwanted rape pregnancy to a syphylitic heroin junky mother - put it down - it isn't worth it

the jets are not born out of love

carn the wsw

**** the marinersnever a truer or more poetic word has been written on this godforsaken forum

**** the Jets, **** GvE

bring 'em home Poppa

hawk
24-03-2013, 06:36 PM
ftm

boz-monaut
24-03-2013, 08:17 PM
I can really see this happening so that the Mariners win the plate again

not that it really matters, no one cares about it - it's all about winning the Grand Final

BodyNovo
24-03-2013, 09:10 PM
I can see this happening;

Sydney or Brisbane win

We than beat wanderers

Gypos win the plate

Than glory win and **** us over nonetheless.

Gary keeps his job, the sky continues to fall.

Porett
24-03-2013, 09:27 PM

Sydney or Brisbane win

We than beat wanderers

Gypos win the plate

This.

seldom
24-03-2013, 09:28 PM
This is a dream...we need to win to have a chance at the finals...WSW have to win for the plate...bring on a mega crowd.
p.s. Oh yeah and don't eat meat

militiamon
24-03-2013, 10:19 PM
So CCM are 100% guaranteed to win their last match.

That means only one thing for us:

loose

militiamon
24-03-2013, 10:21 PM
Or draw, which would kind of be the best of both worlds on account of the fact that WSW are lower life forms.

seldom
25-03-2013, 12:18 AM
Isn't this a friday arvo game where we dont know other results ? mm man

seldom
25-03-2013, 12:46 AM
so we beat wanderers we're in...no probs

Porett
25-03-2013, 01:03 AM
so we beat wanderers we're in...no probs

No.

Sydney or Brisbane win

We than beat wanderers

Gypos win the plate

Than glory win and **** us over nonetheless

If syd or bri win and perth win, then it doesn't matter what we do.

We only go through if syd bri draw and we win : syd or bri win, we win, perth lose or draw.

NewcastleForLife
25-03-2013, 01:21 AM
We can also draw and hope Perth lose and brisbane beat sydney by 5...

Premy
25-03-2013, 01:32 AM
Pathetic some supporters want there team to lose give yourself a uppercut.
If you were to play do you go out to lose? No... Jog on you flogs if you want the jets to lose you may as well by a Gypo shirt and wipe your cum of your sisters face with it you trailer park pice of shit. P.S can I have tax back you bottom feeding doll bludging hill billy

pv4
25-03-2013, 06:15 AM
hopefully we see brisbane win on thursday & this whole attempting-to-win thing is made redundant. then we cheer poppa's boys home, hope that someone steps into tiago's shoes & gives away multiple penalties for the cause.

Jetmaster
25-03-2013, 07:47 AM

Sydney or Brisbane win

We than beat wanderers

Gypos win the plate

A tasty multibet there if anybody has the balls !

selassie
25-03-2013, 07:50 AM
both teams should rig the game and just play for the draw.

middleby get on the phone.

snake
25-03-2013, 07:53 AM
why are people even discussing the finals? so we can get pumped week 1?

we're shit.

if your dog is suffering from terminal cancer - you do the right thing and end the pain. you don't hold on because you have a birthday next week.

and premy: their, not there.

nd thx 4 da taxes br0! dey pay my wagez nd 7% yearly incrementz (y)

Newieutd
25-03-2013, 08:51 AM
If you were to play do you go out to lose? No... Jog on you flogs if you want the jets to lose you may as well by a Gypo shirt and wipe your cum of your sisters face with it you trailer park pice of shit. P.S can I have tax back you bottom feeding doll bludging hill billy

i want to give you an uppercut

boz-monaut
25-03-2013, 09:40 AM
I don't want my team to lose, they are in a position where they have made it impossible to gain advantage by winning

I want the Mariners to lose, much, much more than I want us to win what is effectively a dead rubber - if that means we drop three meaningless points then so be it

to wish the Jets would win at the expense of Western Sydney would effectively be to cheer for the Mariners, which besides all the poorly written vulgarity in your post is basically what you're doing here

pv4
25-03-2013, 09:47 AM
who do we sing against?
we sing against the mariners

wanderers clap clap clap
wanderers clap clap clap

Pico
25-03-2013, 11:08 AM
Sac-ri-fice - To give up something, for the sake of a greater cause.

Mitchy
25-03-2013, 11:46 AM
why are people even discussing the finals? so we can get pumped week 1?

we're shit.

if your dog is suffering from terminal cancer - you do the right thing and end the pain. you don't hold on because you have a birthday next week.

and premy: their, not there.

nd thx 4 da taxes br0! dey pay my wagez nd 7% yearly incrementz (y)

this

end thread.

hawk
25-03-2013, 01:31 PM
lol premy, buy not by

pistolpete
25-03-2013, 03:22 PM

Possibly could have put it in a nicer way but well said nonetheless

Div
25-03-2013, 04:36 PM
Why couldn't we just beat glory last start, and wanderers do the right thing and pump syd last round.

**** football

Premy
25-03-2013, 05:09 PM
So your passion for the jets is more derived from the hatred of CCM rather than the love of the jets I stand by everything I said last night although I was in a drunken state from cheap Thai cocktails you still got the point. Any supporter/player that would go into a game wanting to lose is a tossers and in my eyes is not worthy of wearing the Gold, Red and Blue.

q-money
25-03-2013, 05:12 PM
blood on the streets

belchardo
25-03-2013, 05:18 PM
So your passion for the jets is more derived from the hatred of CCM rather than the love of the jets I stand by everything I said last night although I was in a drunken state from cheap Thai cocktails you still got the point. Any supporter/player that would go into a game wanting to lose is a tossers and in my eyes is not worthy of wearing the Gold, Red and Blue.

broad church and all that.

RedMexican
25-03-2013, 05:49 PM
So your passion for the jets is more derived from the hatred of CCM rather than the love of the jets

pretty much

furns
25-03-2013, 05:55 PM
So your passion for the jets is more derived from the hatred of CCM rather than the love of the jets I stand by everything I said last night although I was in a drunken state from cheap Thai cocktails you still got the point. Any supporter/player that would go into a game wanting to lose is a tossers and in my eyes is not worthy of wearing the Gold, Red and Blue.lol mate you need to start taking things said on here a little less seriously.

imo we win either way - if Jets win we could make the finals. If we lose, the Gypos lose the Plate.

Silver linings and all that

25-03-2013, 06:07 PM

Sorry Gaz !!!!!!!!!!.

Premy
25-03-2013, 08:47 PM
lol mate you need to start taking things said on here a little less seriously.

imo we win either way - if Jets win we could make the finals. If we lose, the Gypos lose the Plate.

Silver linings and all that
I'm all for the silver linings but can't get my head around the fact supporters want to go into the game to lose

boz-monaut
25-03-2013, 08:59 PM
but then again, you can't even get your head around the difference between:
- your and you're
- buy and by
- off and of
- their and there

so it's no real surprise this concept is lost on you

Tommyjet
25-03-2013, 09:03 PM
I'd be happy with an entertaining loss, lets say 6-5, hatty to tags and double to heskey and 4 own goals all to neville

terry
25-03-2013, 09:04 PM
I'm all for the silver linings but can't get my head around the fact supporters want to go into the game to lose

ok, lets say that the C army is about to invade the N army but the W army can crush the C army first, we dont need to weaken the W army.
Do you want you sister/brother/nana/aunty bruce to be violated by rancid scumbags? and lose the sisters soiled shirt as well, huh? well? do ya?
i rest my case, welcome to sensible land.

pistolpete
25-03-2013, 09:48 PM
- your and you're
- buy and by
- off and of
- their and there

I approve of you're comments. Their pretty much spot on

longshot
25-03-2013, 10:56 PM
- your and you're
- buy and by
- off and of
- their and there

You have just said what has been pissing me off for a long time. :yay:

You can add to that list lose and loose. :-)

Premy
26-03-2013, 12:21 AM
- your and you're
- buy and by
- off and of
- their and there

Wow needing to point out my punctuation/spelling mistakes after a night on the turps, way to take the moral high ground I still think YOU'RE a fool for wanting the Newy to lose

seldom
26-03-2013, 12:22 AM
Probably loose this weekend

Premy
26-03-2013, 12:30 AM
You have just said what has been pissing me off for a long time. :yay:

You can add to that list lose and loose. :-)
Just wrong

http://www.ross.net/notes/loose.shtml

Premy
26-03-2013, 12:31 AM
Probably loose this weekend
Plan to win, LOSE or draw

au revoir
26-03-2013, 12:37 AM
:gent:

seldom
26-03-2013, 12:38 AM
WOW thanx scoop...anyways if we loose this friday where gone

belchardo
26-03-2013, 06:25 AM
WOW thanx scoop...anyways if we loose this friday where gone

their's always next year.

pistolpete
26-03-2013, 07:31 AM
their's always next year.
Your right they're mate. Fwiw I think we will probably loose

Jetmaster
26-03-2013, 07:46 AM
Would rather CCM win the plate (and star) and then do their usual choking spiral to oblivion.

I have the feeling that should they miss the plate, they will be more determined to finally win the toilet seat...WSW are showing signs of cracking and I don't think MV are quite there.

plague
26-03-2013, 08:08 AM
Wow needing to point out my punctuation/spelling mistakes after a night on the turps, way to take the moral high ground I still think YOU'RE a fool for wanting the Newy to lose
Don't be a sore looser dude.

snake
26-03-2013, 09:23 AM
if the jerks win, dutchy will achieve one his kpi's and probably receive a bonus for doing so. this will make him more likely to be around for longer, and we will have to put up with his shit for ages.

if the ship sinks, maybe we could be rid of him sooner, and there just may be a rainbow.

so you're actually against the long-term future of the jets, premy. just to get short-term gain :oops:

no wonder you holiday in thailand :oops:

Grimario
26-03-2013, 09:44 AM
Your right they're mate. Fwiw I think we will probably loose

We should of one more games earlier in the season. They're is no reason why we should be playing finals football, we are awful and will definitely loose this weekend. Anyone hoping the coasties win anything is just being rediculous.

Newieutd
26-03-2013, 10:21 AM

My list of importance:
Mariners to lose
You to die
Jets to win

Bon
26-03-2013, 10:28 AM
- your and you're
- buy and by
- off and of
- their and there

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jfq3c4Cf1Fs

Why don't you chill oot there, you heavy metal dick..

Beeen
26-03-2013, 10:36 AM
My list of importance:
Mariners to lose
You to die
Jets to win

What a feckin balloon you are

pistolpete
26-03-2013, 10:48 AM
rediculous.

My favourite bit :-)

Grimario
26-03-2013, 10:52 AM
:gent:

Guerny
26-03-2013, 11:56 AM
I actually want the coasties to make the grand final again and choke like the chokers they are... LOLs all around!!
Last time it happened it was enough to keep a smile on my face for the whole off season.

G

boz-monaut
26-03-2013, 11:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jfq3c4Cf1Fs

Why don't you chill oot there, you heavy metal dick..good to see Hamma make a cameo in that little clip

can confirm he likes cats

Bon
26-03-2013, 12:03 PM
good to see Hamma make a cameo in that little clip

can confirm he likes cats

This is how I always imagined it would go down between Hamma and SD:
(Especially the "Ya ****en want one!" call.. hahahahaha)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cqg4aF1q6fk

hawk
26-03-2013, 01:17 PM
after we loose on friday we can cut lose. there, got it.

MFKS
26-03-2013, 03:02 PM
Lets just all join the realms of reality for a second.

As if we are gonna be able to beat a team who need a draw to seal the Premiers Plate and an ACL spot anyway??

We ain't that ****ing good anyway.

On another note is anyone doing a TIFO to be raised when the impending usual GVE inflicted rot sets in on Friday to let the Gypos know we are throwing the game to **** them over??

plague
26-03-2013, 07:04 PM
Just wear your best red and black kit Member.

Show your support etc etc.

Jeterpool
26-03-2013, 10:18 PM
:popcorn:

This is better than the socceroos game!

Premy
27-03-2013, 12:47 AM
after we loose on friday we can cut lose. there, got it.

Perfect:lol:

Premy
27-03-2013, 12:56 AM
if the jerks win, dutchy will achieve one his kpi's and probably receive a bonus for doing so. this will make him more likely to be around for longer, and we will have to put up with his shit for ages.

if the ship sinks, maybe we could be rid of him sooner, and there just may be a rainbow.

so you're actually against the long-term future of the jets, premy. just to get short-term gain :oops:

Players come and go
Managers come and go
Owners come and go

Supporters stay true ill support my team to win any game regardless of any silver linings if they lose or any fairy tail long term future you believe will come true if they lose one game

Premy
27-03-2013, 01:00 AM

Maybe you could make a tifo saying I'm supporting the red and blue but I want you to lose

27-03-2013, 04:10 AM
^ Way too long but i certainly like your idea !!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Newieutd
27-03-2013, 08:52 AM
Rocca out for 4
Ono out injured

we have a chance to win this one - damn it!!!

BodyNovo
27-03-2013, 09:22 AM
nah wanderers are just furthering the fairytale.

backs to wall stuff for them.

MFKS
27-03-2013, 10:40 AM
Players come and go
Managers come and go
Owners come and go

Supporters stay true ill support my team to win any game regardless of any silver linings if they lose or any fairy tail long term future you believe will come true if they lose one game

Who is this bloke???

We need to loose on Friday night point blank.
Anything other than a loss is a ****ing disgrace if our side is seen to be aiding and abetting Gypo SCUM and GVE Should be hung from a lamp post for leading the treasonous act.

I am staying true to my team by seeing us progress long term by changing shit (MANAGER?MIDDLEBY) and also by hating on COASTIE SCUM.

I think you need to gain some perspective pal

lquiquer
27-03-2013, 11:45 AM
Who is this bloke???

Anything other than a loss is a ****ing disgrace if our side is seen to be aiding and abetting Gypo SCUM and GVE Should be hung from a lamp post for leading the treasonous act.

I am staying true to my team by seeing us progress long term by changing shit (MANAGER?MIDDLEBY) and also by hating on COASTIE SCUM.

The good old days!!!!!! An alliance......Jerry in the role of Popa, Newman in the role of Con

moses
27-03-2013, 01:36 PM
be good if Brisbane & Sydney drawer on Thursday, might see a few jets own goals to be on the safe side.

q-money
27-03-2013, 01:38 PM
drawer
:rof:

FaroeMassive
27-03-2013, 02:05 PM
Maybe you could make a tifo saying I'm supporting the red and blue but I want you to lose

GVE OUT!!
That's all any TIFO for Friday needs to say.

militiamon
27-03-2013, 04:05 PM
What a great thread :rof:

Retro Jet
27-03-2013, 04:49 PM
Is someone going to start a match day thread?
Furns?

snake
27-03-2013, 05:22 PM
this is the match day thread, mate (y)

Premy
27-03-2013, 06:15 PM
Who is this bloke???

So what will you do if and in your words when the jets lose tomorrow and next season GVE is still manager and Middleby is still CEO. You can't predict the future you flog yeah sure we can call for GVE's head but in the funny world of football GVE,Middleby and Co could lead the jets all the way next season and everyone will be banging on about how good they are. As supporters all we can do is show up every week show our passion and support our team when they need a lift not turn our backs on the players and hoping they lose cause you have this fairy tail everything will be fine if we lose one game. With some of the dribble I've seen you write on here I shouldn't even dignify you with a response I don't know what's worst the fact you write said dribble or the fact you believe it.

Grimario
27-03-2013, 06:26 PM
Who is turning their back on the players? GVE, Middleby and Deans can all go and get ****ed. The players have my full support.

Premy
27-03-2013, 06:27 PM
Also for a little perspective as you would have it ill remind you of just over 7 years ago Ange Postecoglou failed to qualify the Australian u17's team for the World Cup everyone called for his head saying he was a joke do I have to remind you what his done since.

I'm far from a GVE supporter but that's nothing to do with his coaching ability I dislike him cause he walked away from us in the Consintine error. To often people have short memories any I dare say majority of the people calling for GVE's head are most Likely the same people hailing him the messiah in 08

militiamon
27-03-2013, 06:33 PM
Also for a little perspective as you would have it ill remind you of just over 7 years ago Ange Postecoglou failed to qualify the Australian u17's team for the World Cup everyone called for his head saying he was a joke do I have to remind you what his done since.

I'm far from a GVE supporter but that's nothing to do with his coaching ability I dislike him cause he walked away from us in the Consintine error. To often people have short memories any I dare say majority of the people calling for GVE's head are most Likely the same people hailing him the messiah in 08

error :rof:

stopper2
27-03-2013, 06:43 PM
Actually I'm starting to find all this shit on here so childish and boring...."we want the Jets to lose so the Mariners don't win the Premiers Plate blah blah blah"....time to move on with my life!

q-money
27-03-2013, 06:45 PM
see ya

seldom
27-03-2013, 07:10 PM
fvckn lol at this thread............moar off the saim pleez

boz-monaut
27-03-2013, 07:35 PM
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/513/007/3ea.gif
Actually I'm starting to find all this shit on here so childish and boring...."we want the Jets to lose so the Mariners don't win the Premiers Plate blah blah blah"....time to move on with my life!

hawk
27-03-2013, 08:04 PM

Posta was a sh1t coach for the u17's, took them nowhere and deserved to get reemed. Pissed off, learned how to coach and came back. how's gve goin

sh10
27-03-2013, 08:10 PM

I did laugh at that as well. Never has a grammar/spelling error summed up history so aptly

Premy
27-03-2013, 08:19 PM
Posta was a sh1t coach for the u17's, took them nowhere and deserved to get reemed. Pissed off, learned how to coach and came back. how's gve goin

So he was never successful for South Melbourne as I said people often have short memories

Premy
27-03-2013, 08:26 PM

Pun was intended its hard to put sarcasm across on a keyboard

boz-monaut
27-03-2013, 08:28 PM
no kidding...

Premy
27-03-2013, 08:30 PM
no kidding...

Peace:lol:

MFKS
27-03-2013, 08:33 PM
http://image.made-in-china.com/2f0j00tBFTbeGrVEuW/Shovel-Spade-S612EMH-S311EMH-F107EMH-.jpg

PREMY ffs JUST PICK ONE OF THESE

Premy
27-03-2013, 08:38 PM
http://image.made-in-china.com/2f0j00tBFTbeGrVEuW/Shovel-Spade-S612EMH-S311EMH-F107EMH-.jpg

PREMY ffs JUST PICK ONE OF THESE

What's your measurements so I know how big to dig to hole member?

plague
27-03-2013, 08:57 PM
Peace:lol:

Yeah, piece be with you to bro.

Thomas477
27-03-2013, 10:03 PM

:popcorn:

This foz :blush:

q-money
27-03-2013, 10:09 PM

http://i.min.us/ijs7wC.gif

GazFish35
27-03-2013, 10:20 PM

Tbh I thought it was only Craig foster calling for his head.
And ange defended himself by pointing out the lack of control he had, or lack of say in back room staff and playing philosophy..... Something he had when successful in nsl and at Brisbane.

Something GVE seems to have here..... Without the success.

GazFish35
27-03-2013, 10:34 PM
Best possible outcome this weekend is for us lose and be seen to be clearly throwing the game to ensure CCM don't win the plate/qualify for Asia..... more importantly long term, serving to intensify the rivalry between the clubs.

Then CCM lose anyway, 1-0, after missing two late penalties.

Grimario
27-03-2013, 11:16 PM

I would say the Member is about average, so 6 inches or so should suffice.

hawk
28-03-2013, 01:22 AM
So he was never successful for South Melbourne as I said people often have short memories

SM had a team of unbeatable stars, check the lineup if the memory is cactus. even gve would have taken that team to a title. you keep assuming memories are short i think this theory is aids

Premy
28-03-2013, 01:31 AM
SM had a team of unbeatable stars, check the lineup if the memory is cactus. even gve would have taken that team to a title. you keep assuming memories are short i think this theory is aids

I was simply pointing out footballing fortunes can change in a short matter of time.

plague
28-03-2013, 08:58 AM
I was simply pointing out footballing fortunes can change in a short matter of time.

Yeah like us being in the top 6, to now where we suck balls and will miss the finals again.

Have you no honour? It's our ****ing civic duty to deny the Gypos. Best thing we'll do all year TBH.

When's the last time you went to a game and the WHOLE crowd went home happy? We have a chance to write the final chapter in a wonderful season for the WSW by rolling over like dogs and letting them win.

Israel and Palestine could look to us for inspiration to sort their shit out.

BodyNovo
28-03-2013, 09:19 AM
the FFA are in on it, we are in on it.

just get the message to Gary and deans and we are set.

when reegz or mitchell give away a sketchy penalty you will know whats going on.

watch us score a goal last minute to win and BK steps onto the pitch and the goal is disallowed because we had 12 men on the pitch.

this loss/draw is for Newcastle.

pv4
28-03-2013, 09:22 AM
BPay
Went to register my car on the day rego was due. Thinking I could do it all online I payed CTP with BGay.
Went to RMS site and low and behold, eCheck result was there 1 day after the inspection with three huge green ticks (3, 6 & 12month options)
yet a phucking electronic financial medium piece of sh!t called BGay takes as long as a cheque to clear ffs....

Ended up doing an EFTPOS at the local PO, got my stamp on CTP and trundled off into Parry St for a long weight.

FMD, is it the 21st century yet?

let's just throw the game, celebrate the gypos not winning anything again for another off-season while we watch stu tear up nbn league on his way back into a-league, where he belongs.

plague
28-03-2013, 10:27 AM
I hope when the WSW get the plate they do a whole lap of honour so we can all cheer the Gypos losing.
Would also be fitting if they let our boys go round with them.

Beeen
28-03-2013, 10:30 AM
Hope they celebrate with 100 flares gettin ripped. Making the headlines of Channel 9, great for the game.

Jetmaster
28-03-2013, 10:32 AM
I hope when the WSW get the plate they do a whole lap of honour so we can all cheer the Gypos losing.
Would also be fitting if they let our boys go round with them.

At least let Rubes carry the plate around with Beauchamp.....

MFKS
28-03-2013, 04:37 PM
I wouldn't have thought they would be getting it tomorrow after we (FIX the game of course) but at their home semi final

My2BobsWorth
28-03-2013, 04:47 PM
Would have

My2BobsWorth
28-03-2013, 04:57 PM
Still rong, but if Barry's plate is gonna be there, and the unbelievable happens, why not hand it over

MFKS
28-03-2013, 07:14 PM
FFA's decision not to take the Premiers Plate to Hunter Stadium on Friday follows on from last year, when the governing body failed to reward Central Coast Mariners on the day of their Premiership success, by not having the silverware on hand in Wellington - the day their achievement was confirmed.

At least on that occasion, there was some excuse. With the outcome undecided until the final day, it was possible the trophy could have gone to Brisbane, who were playing on the Gold Coast. But surely the Plate isn't so priceless that a replica couldn't have been made in order to have one at each venue?

This year, there is no justifiable reason.

I don't buy for one moment the argument that presenting a trophy at a team's home ground gives an opportunity for more fans to see it being lifted. What about the estimated 6,000 Western Sydney Wanderers supporters who are travelling up the F3 and paying good money to watch their team on Friday? If the desire is really there to give the maximum number of fans the opportunity to watch the trophy being presented, then surely a pre (or post) match parade with the team and trophy can be performed at the Wanderers first home finals match as well (if they indeed, win it)?

Based on FFA's rationale, then Perth Glory would have been denied the chance to lift the Championship trophy had they won last year's grand final, given that only a fraction of their regular supporter base was in Brisbane?

I suspect the real reason behind this decision is the concern that the Wanderers fans will somehow go ballistic at the sight of their team winning a trophy - or, that FFA doesn't want to be accused of favouritism (after what happened with the Mariners last year), given that the Wanderers are owned by the governing body. There are also rumours of logistical issues in terms of transport times back to Sydney - all fair and reasonable arguments.

But trophies should ALWAYS be handed out on the day teams earn their success. To deny the players their moment in the sun is wrong - and to deny fans, (99.9 per cent of whom conduct themselves properly), the opportunity to see their beloved club raise a trophy aloft in the moment of euphoria, is to deny the essence of what the game is all about.

Furthermore, the game also wastes a precious opportunity for wonderful photographs in the papers, and priceless footage on television of fans and players celebrating together.

This debate is not about what is more important - Premiership or Championship - it is about recognising that there are few times in a football supporters' (and players') life when you can celebrate these little moments of history. Who will cherish the memory of lifting the Plate when minds are focussed on a vital finals game?

FFA has consistently got this wrong. Back in year one, Adelaide United were shabbily treated by a pitch-side presentation of the trophy BEFORE an away game in Newcastle. In season two, Melbourne Victory also had to wait after clinching the crown at home against New Zealand Knights.

Then, suddenly, they got it right after Sydney FC and Melbourne Victory played out the regular season decider in 2009-2010. So why now are we back to square one?

Take the damn thing (as plain as it is), up the F3, and if - if - the Wanderers win it, let them go and celebrate with their supporters AND the trophy. If they fail - no problems, pack it away and have it down the road for the Mariners twenty four hours later.

But to leave it at FFA headquarters on what is potentially such a momentous day in the Wanderers' short history is scandalous. As is the consistent refusal to recognise the players' achievements by not giving them individual medals to commemorate their efforts.

Imagine a team winning an FA Cup Final and being told they had to wait until their next league game before being presented with their reward, and that the players would receive no medals?

There are only two trophies to play for in Australia - as things stand, the grand final losers get medals, but the Premiers get nothing - not even, it seems, the trophy that is rightfully their's on the day they win it. Ridiculous

Read more: http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/simon-hill-asks-why-premiers-plate-wont-be-in-newcastle-on-friday-and-why-winners-dont-get-medals/story-e6frf4gl-1226608511322#ixzz2OouVJRZW

No plate tomorrow anyways

My2BobsWorth
28-03-2013, 07:40 PM
The more things change, the more they stay the same. I know, but it just says it

lquiquer
28-03-2013, 09:21 PM
The only reason you hate the Mariners is because you support Newcastle. Support the club when we win or lose. If you plan on cheering when the Wanderers score a goal then cheer at home on the ****ing couch or in the away bays you idiots.

snake
28-03-2013, 09:28 PM
agree mate. shit thread.

hawk
28-03-2013, 09:33 PM
The only reason you hate the Mariners is because you support Newcastle.

no, it's because they're inbred and poor. dont you listen to the anthem?

boz-monaut
28-03-2013, 09:43 PM
The only reason you hate the Mariners is because you support Newcastle. the only reason we support Newcastle is because we're from here

let's face it, now that it's not possible for us to make the finals, will you obtuse "fans" still be hoping that we gift the plate to the Coast?

it's like you guys have this one track mind "Jets must win" rather than taking a step back and seeing the bigger picture

GazFish35
28-03-2013, 09:47 PM
And because mrdja broke duras leg, and didn't care.

Grimario
28-03-2013, 09:48 PM
****ing Mrdja, still incensed by that not even being a foul. ****ing hell, Dura :(

GazFish35
28-03-2013, 09:56 PM
You know, WSW could throw it so Sydney miss the finals.

It could be own goal central tomorrow!

Barbados v Grenada all over again!

Grimario
28-03-2013, 09:58 PM
Should be fun. WSW trying to lose so Sydney miss the finals, Jets trying to lose so Gypos miss out on the plate...

halo se7en
28-03-2013, 10:32 PM
Who cares about the plate… they've won a couple anyway. We've still got them where it counts. And I do enjoy the fairytale that WSW are experiencing but the GF will be what people will remember if they can get there and win it.

As for tomorrow, I'd rather see the Jets tear it up & finish our season on a high (we'll either miss the finals or get romped in the first round so it's the last game tomorrow no matter what happens).

I've seen them dish up enough shit this year. I have no desire to see them do it again tomorrow.

It feels like we're turning into Liverpool fans, who care more about seeing Man Utd lose then actually supporting their own club.

gd___
28-03-2013, 10:48 PM
So the real plan for tomorrow is WSW let Jets win so Sydney miss out, mariners then guaranteed choke under the presure of needing to win to get the plate. WSW end up with the plate and Jets make the six.

The bonus is that the mariners have two weeks to dwell on the fact they choked again before the presure of making the GF hits them.

furns
28-03-2013, 10:55 PM
It feels like we're turning into Liverpool fans, who care more about seeing Man Utd lose then actually supporting their own club.
ummmm wrong

seldom
29-03-2013, 01:07 AM
WSW plannin on throwin the game...probs start elrich ffs

halo se7en
29-03-2013, 10:35 AM
ummmm wrong

Not from my experience.

pistolpete
29-03-2013, 10:48 AM
So the real plan for tomorrow is WSW let Jets win so Sydney miss out, mariners then guaranteed choke under the presure of needing to win to get the plate. WSW end up with the plate and Jets make the six.

The bonus is that the mariners have two weeks to dwell on the fact they choked again before the presure of making the GF hits them.

Hey gd, hows things?

boz-monaut
29-03-2013, 10:54 AM
I might get someone to show me how to place a bet while we're at the tenz today (I have no idea how to bet, I'm not stupid enough to throw money away normally)

I reckon there's good money to be made on the Jerks winning/Jerks not making finals/Coast taking title combination bet

The Dunster
29-03-2013, 11:08 AM
Best possible outcome this weekend is for us lose and be seen to be clearly throwing the game to ensure CCM don't win the plate/qualify for Asia..... more importantly long term, serving to intensify the rivalry between the clubs.

Then CCM lose anyway, 1-0, after missing two late penalties.

Alternatively, The cost of competing in Asia again will probably bring the gypos to financial ruin.

vikingjet
29-03-2013, 12:26 PM
Best thread for some time.

We don't need to throw it - that would imply that we can control a game of football (which we clearly can't).

So, as GVE said, just do what we always do. That should ensure a decent loss.

Got my red and black face paint on now. Waaaandereeeeeerssss!!!!

GazFish35
29-03-2013, 12:32 PM
WSW plannin on throwin the game...probs start elrich ffs

Word is this is true.

Second bit of your statement, not first

snake
29-03-2013, 01:01 PM
I

I reckon there's good money to be made on the Jerks winning/Jerks not making finals/Coast taking title combination bet

can't make this bet as the outcomes are not independent of one another

just slap $10 through indian dreaming. much more satisfying.

dink
29-03-2013, 05:02 PM
I see it as a win/win/win day. Even if we win/lose/draw.
No one looses.

I'm leaving work write now so have a good friday everyone.

boz-monaut
29-03-2013, 06:26 PM
this is the greatest poss in the history of the Jerks

tuck the Central Coast

skippy
29-03-2013, 07:42 PM
WSW (y)

hawk
29-03-2013, 09:00 PM
As for tomorrow, I'd rather see the Jets tear it up & finish our season on a high (we'll either miss the finals or get romped in the first round so it's the last game tomorrow no matter what happens)..
no

you betcha. the whole world agrees to this

MFKS
29-03-2013, 09:51 PM
Credit where it was due tonight. Those blokes representing Newy should go down in the annals of Newy folklore for an inspired effort to throw the game and cost the Gypos another precious star on their shirt. No great individual heroes to join the annals of Gypo ****ing heroes of yesteryear like Lord Griffo Tiago Calvano and that bloke who threw the pie at Hearfield. A solid well organised team performance where the coach deserves special mention. To pull off an effort like that and make it look like you were not fixing it without suicidal backpasses and needless penalties was a masterstroke that will keep the Authorities away from investigating match fixing in the HAL. Kudos Gary a job well done.

If you ****s were actually giving 100% and trying to get a win to keep the finals dream alive then you were an inept disgrace who should all leave ****ing town. That was like death by a million paper cuts watching that shit from a team who had everything to play for and showed no desire or commitment.

halo se7en
29-03-2013, 09:52 PM
Credit where it was due tonight. Those blokes representing Newy should go down in the annals of Newy folklore for an inspired effort to throw the game and cost the Gypos another precious star on their shirt. No great individual heroes to join the annals of Gypo ****ing heroes of yesteryear like Lord Griffo Tiago Calvano and that bloke who threw the pie at Hearfield. A solid well organised team performance where the coach deserves special mention. To pull off an effort like that and make it look like you were not fixing it without suicidal backpasses and needless penalties was a masterstroke that will keep the Authorities away from investigating match fixing in the HAL. Kudos Gary a job well done.

If you ****s were actually giving 100% and trying to get a win to keep the finals dream alive then you were an inept disgrace who should all leave ****ing town. That was like death by a million paper cuts watching that shit from a team who had everything to play for and showed no desire or commitment.

+1

seldom
29-03-2013, 10:21 PM
did we loose ?

militiamon
29-03-2013, 10:37 PM
Yep, we loost 3-0 :)

seldom
29-03-2013, 10:51 PM
pretty sure it's loosed

militiamon
29-03-2013, 11:10 PM
Ok grammer nazi.

GazFish35
29-03-2013, 11:16 PM
Nazi should have a capital N.

Retro Jet
29-03-2013, 11:24 PM
Nazi should have a capital N.

True. All nouns are capitalised in German.

moses
30-03-2013, 08:02 AM
True. All nouns are capitalised in German.

Yeah great.
Did you get your menu signed by Popovic?

Premy
30-03-2013, 10:11 AM

If you only knew how you just contradicted yourself.

parksey
30-03-2013, 10:25 AM
OK, grammar Nazi.

:)

Retro Jet
30-03-2013, 01:01 PM
Yeah great.
Did you get your menu signed by Popovic?

Nope. Probably doing an extended presser. Had a gutful of waiting.

Also, wanted to ride past Wanderes/PCYC/Station and check out the circus.
Attended WSW Party between two back to back cars parked on the cnr of Curley & Young....

My2BobsWorth
30-03-2013, 03:48 PM

I thought we disguised the throwing of the game fairly well, till Birra ran out of goalmouth waving arms in the air yelling SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT

MFKS
30-03-2013, 04:55 PM
If you only knew how you just contradicted yourself.

I really don't know what to say to that.:wtf:

Are you serious??
Do you not understand the concept of sarcasm??

What is it coz I am ****ing confused.

PS I was MEANING to contradict myself in case you hadn't followed:wtf:

Premy
30-03-2013, 06:40 PM
No great individual heroes to join the annals of Gypo ****ing heroes of yesteryear like Lord Griffo Tiago Calvano and that bloke who threw the pie at Hearfield.
A little hint for you member

MFKS
30-03-2013, 06:43 PM
A little hint for you member

Point out the contradiction. I must be plain stoopid

Premy
30-03-2013, 06:47 PM
Well that's no secret. Ill just let you dwell in you stoopidity

MFKS
30-03-2013, 06:54 PM
Well that's no secret. Ill just let you dwell in you stoopidity

You have fun with it. I already think you are bonkers already. Contradiction where??

Lord Griffo Tiago and the Hearfield Pie Chucker are in the annals of Gypo ****ing Heroes

hawk
31-03-2013, 07:27 PM
Why are they in the anals of gypos? goodness.