PDA

View Full Version : AFC Asian Cup Australia 2015 - Newcastle Hosting

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Pico
27-03-2013, 12:17 PM
Asian Cup 2015 venues and schedule announced
Wednesday, 27 March 2013 10:02 AM

http://static.ffa.sportalhosting.com/site/_content/article/00063911-leadimage.jpg

The Asian Football Confederation (AFC) and the AFC Asian Cup Australia 2015 Local Organising Committee (LOC) today unveiled the match schedule and host venues for the 2015 competition.

The competition will kick off in Melbourne on January 9, 2015 with an opening ceremony and Socceroos match at Melbourne Rectangular Stadium and will culminate in the Final at Sydney’s Stadium Australia on January 31, 2015.

The other three competition venues are Brisbane Stadium at Milton, Canberra Stadium in the ACT and Newcastle Stadium in NSW.

LOC Chief Executive Officer Michael Brown said today’s announcements marked a significant milestone in the planning of AFC Asian Cup Australia 2015.

“The Asian Cup in Australia will be a three week, 32 match festival of football culminating in the Final at Stadium Australia on January 31,” Brown said.

“We are pleased to have now locked in five top class venues for the competition and finalised the match schedule.

“This will allow the detailed planning for the event to progress on schedule to ensure Asian Cup Australia 2015 is a world-class event and maintains Australia’s international reputation as a great host for the world’s best sporting contests.”

Brown said the Socceroos qualifying games would be played in Melbourne on January 9, 2015; Sydney on January 13, 2015; and Brisbane on January 17, 2015.

“The four Quarter Finals will be played on January 22 and 23, 2015 and we are very excited that on Australia Day 2015 the first Semi Final will be played at Stadium Australia.

“The second Semi Final will be played in Newcastle on January 27, 2015 and the city will also host the 3rd v 4th play-off on January 30, 2015.”

AFC Asian Cup Australia 2015 is being jointly-funded by the Australian Government and the Queensland, NSW, ACT and Victorian Governments.
Federal Minister for Sport Kate Lundy said the Gillard Government was working in partnership with the Local Organising Committee as Australia prepares to host the Asian Cup – the region’s premier sporting event.

“The Asian Cup offers a unique opportunity to showcase Australia as a world-class host for major sporting events and as an attractive tourist destination,” Lundy said.

“The spin-off from the Cup will be enormous for Australia with a global TV audience of more than 2.5 billion people expected and an estimated 45,000 international visitors set to visit our shores.”

NSW Minister for Sport Graham Annesley welcomed the announcement that Sydney and Newcastle would host a key Semi Final and Final match.

“The staging of the 2015 AFC Asian Cup in Australia is just reward for the growth of football in this country,” Annesley said.

“Successive FIFA World Cup campaigns have positioned Australia on the world football stage, and I’m confident both Stadium Australia and Newcastle Stadium will ensure fans experience and enjoy these world class facilities during the Asian Cup.”

Victorian Minister for Sport Hugh Delahunty said: “I am delighted the event's Opening Ceremony and Opening Match featuring the Socceroos will be held at Melbourne Rectangular Stadium in Melbourne on 9 January 2015.

“Melbourne Rectangular Stadium is a world class, award winning, purpose-built stadium with fantastic turf that the players will love and where the fans can get up close to the action.

“'I look forward to welcoming visitors to Melbourne and Victoria for this highly anticipated event.”

Queensland Minister for Tourism and Major Events, Jann Stuckey, said Queenslanders were looking forward to the benefits and exposure the tournament would bring to the state.

“An event the size of the Asian Cup has a tremendous impact, and I know that Brisbane 2015 will be memorable for spectators and competitors alike,” Stuckey said.

“The number of Asian tourists visiting Queensland has increased markedly during recent years, and the event will provide an opportunity to build on that by showcasing what our wonderful state has to offer.”

ACT Minister for Sport Andrew Barr said the ACT Government was proud to be working with Victoria, Queensland, NSW, the Federal Government and the AFC Asian Cup 2015 Local Organising Committee to host this exciting event and showcase Australia to Asia and the world.

“I’m delighted that football fans in Canberra and the capital region will have the chance to see some of the world’s best players and international teams in action.

“Canberra Stadium has a proven track record of hosting high-quality fixtures, including Olympic football, Rugby World Cup and Rugby League World Cup matches. Likewise Canberra will be a great venue for travelling fans, who will have the chance to see the unique attractions of the nation’s capital.”

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/news-display/Asian-Cup-2015-venues-and-schedule-announced/63911

Didn't see that coming at all, hopefully a new pitch is forth coming.

What ever happened to the regs that required all seaters? I guess we could be in for some temp seating over the hills

Pico
27-03-2013, 12:24 PM
Newcastle

The other NSW Venue is Newcastle Stadium. With a redevelopment of the venue completed in 2011, Newcastle Stadium is an excellent stadium and caters to the significant football community north of the Hawkesbury River. Newcastle is a football strong - hold and will open up the Asian Cup to football fans across Northern NSW.

Newcastle will host four matches, including two group matches , a Semi Final and 3rd v 4th playoff.

http://static.ffa.sportalhosting.com/site/_content/document/00001214-source.pdf

So four games, I assume the lowest drawing games by the looks, but the 3 v 4 and the second semi will hopefully be good. With the form of the socceroos they might even make it that far. :whistling:

Pico
27-03-2013, 12:25 PM
Page 13 from above....:yay:

q-money
27-03-2013, 12:29 PM
yeah good news about a semi

i've got one now

Pico
27-03-2013, 12:30 PM
Newcastle Stadium

Match 7
Monday, 12 January 2015
D1 vs D4

Match 17
Saturday,
17 January 2015
A3 vs A4

Match 30
Tuesday, 27 January 2015
SF2 (QF2 v QF4)

Match 31
Friday, 30 January 2015
3rd/4th PLAY OFF: LSF1 v LSF2

Will be interesting to see how hard the region goes for training grounds, being a central location for later stages of the comp and having an airport right around the corner.

sh10
27-03-2013, 12:32 PM
no games in perf? disc race

la bazzle
27-03-2013, 01:28 PM
Pretty frickin awesome. Did not expect

sammydog
27-03-2013, 01:34 PM
I thought the AFC required stadiums to be 100% seated.

Going to be awesome though. Do t care who's playing, I'm going.

pudy
27-03-2013, 02:23 PM
Over the moon with this news! Watching the semi final in our own backyard will be something special.. and will provide a fantastic boost to the local economy too (especially if we host a nation which will bring plenty of traveling support i.e. Japan, South Korea)

furns
27-03-2013, 03:24 PM
no games in perf? disc racePerf and Radelaide didnt submit bids apparently.

sammydog
27-03-2013, 03:53 PM
Games were distributed in proportion to the amount each state govt chipped in.

MFKS
27-03-2013, 04:02 PM
Surely some **** was pissed when he did an assessment on Newy??:wtf:

The stadium is ****ed, the pitch is ****ed and we are at the arse end of Straya right next to a pile of Inbred Gypsy wankers.

Our airport is a 30 minute hike through Kooragang Island and the amazing coal piles (All Hail Lord Tinkler) with **** all transport to and from the airport other than the occasional bus that goes nowhere where you want to go.:sparring:

Don't get me started on the delights of Hunter Street that await our Asian visitors.:whistling:

Other than that what a great idea.:rolleyes:

Doesn't quite beat the idea to host games in an area like Canberra that has no HAL presence at all. Could have been worse I suppose they could have been hosted in Gosford which has no fan presence at HAL games.

Sucked in to Perth and Adelaide who are now paying the price for no decent stadiums in their neck of the world

furns
27-03-2013, 08:17 PM

The stadium is ****ed, the pitch is ****ed and we are at the arse end of Straya right next to a pile of Inbred Gypsy wankers.

Our airport is a 30 minute hike through Kooragang Island and the amazing coal piles (All Hail Lord Tinkler) with **** all transport to and from the airport other than the occasional bus that goes nowhere where you want to go.:sparring:

Don't get me started on the delights of Hunter Street that await our Asian visitors.:whistling:

Doesn't quite beat the idea to host games in an area like Canberra that has no HAL presence at all. Could have been worse I suppose they could have been hosted in Gosford which has no fan presence at HAL games.

Sucked in to Perth and Adelaide who are now paying the price for no decent stadiums in their neck of the worldClearly not seen that nib stadium has just finished being renovated and Perth will have their first game in it this weekend :o

MFKS
27-03-2013, 08:31 PM
Clearly not seen that nib stadium has just finished being renovated and Perth will have their first game in it this weekend :o

Still a 20k stadium with the redevelopment done.

Point stands NO decent facilities in SA or WA to play a big game which is why they get nothing

boz-monaut
27-03-2013, 08:39 PM
I'm genuinely surprised by all this - I'd heard we weren't going to get any games

well done to the NSW Government for paying more than Victorians to get this

will definitely be buying tickets to each and every game in Newy

belchardo
27-03-2013, 08:39 PM
**** yeah. 7 games in canberra.

i'll be taking the month off.

furns
27-03-2013, 09:01 PM
Wonder if there was any intention to spend any money on Hunter Stadium if we did get picked as a venue?
Would be nice to get a proper pitch and the hills upgraded to seating.

Tweeted hunter stadium, surprise surprise no reply

sammydog
27-03-2013, 09:15 PM
Given AFC had previously said stadiums need to be seated, you would imagine they will have to seat the hills in some fashion. If the intent was to continue the lower teir around the hill though, they would have to get started soon. I'd be guessing any seating would be a temporary solution.

The pitch would have to be a priority though.

Swifts
27-03-2013, 09:15 PM
Good news re games in Newcastle.

I'm assuming the A-League will take a month break during the Asian Cup?

MFKS
27-03-2013, 09:17 PM
Given AFC had previously said stadiums need to be seated, you would imagine they will have to seat the hills in some fashion. If the intent was to continue the lower teir around the hill though, they would have to get started soon. I'd be guessing any seating would be a temporary solution.

The pitch would have to be a priority though.
Believe the seating behind the goals at Parra Stadium is a temporary seating thing so can't see why we can't have it done at Newy

GazFish35
27-03-2013, 09:46 PM
Believe the seating behind the goals at Parra Stadium is a temporary seating thing so can't see why we can't have it done at Newy

When were you last near those seats? They look permanent to me.

They may do what parra stadium have done to make the hills redundant and put up massive billboards at the foot of the hill so you can't see anything from the grass.

Pico
28-03-2013, 07:14 AM
Asian Cup legacy needs to be facilities
By JAMES GARDINER
March 27, 2013, 11 p.m.

HUNTER Stadium was confirmed on Wednesday as one of five venues for the 2015 Asian Cup, offering the city an unprecedented television reach of billions in 84 countries.

Two pool games, a semi-final, possibly featuring the Socceroos, and the play-off for third place will be staged in Newcastle during the three-week festival from January 9 to 31.

The Asian Cup is the biggest sporting event in Australia since the 2000 Sydney Olympics and the biggest football event the nation has staged.

More than 500,000 spectators, including 45,000 from overseas, are expected to attend 32 games, pouring millions of dollars into the economy.

Newcastle, which will host pool games on January 12 and 17, is the only non-capital host city. Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Canberra are the other venues.

Hunter Stadium will host a semi-final on January 27 and the third-place play-off on January 30.

The semi-final will feature the Socceroos if they finish second in their pool and win their quarter-final.

The tournament comprises 16 national teams from Asia and the Middle East.

Japan, South Korea and North Korea have already qualified.

‘‘Our major trading partners, and over half of the world’s population will be focused on Newcastle,’’ said Newcastle MP Tim Owen, who was part of a joint delegation between state and federal governments, Newcastle City Council and Venues NSW, which formulated the successful bid. ‘‘This is a fantastic opportunity for us to showcase our city and this magnificent region.’’

Newcastle has a long and proud football heritage.

Minmi Rangers, formed in 1884 at what was then known as Kelly’s Paddock, was the region’s foundation club.

A year later, Lambton Park hosted the first recognised match between teams representing south of Lambton and north of Lambton.

Northern NSW Football, in which Newcastle is central, has developed into one of the most influential regions in Australian football, boasting more than 50,000 registered players and an honour roll of 97 Socceroos and 27 Matildas, headed by Ray Baartz and Cheryl Salisbury.

The Newcastle Jets, with 11,311, have the second largest membership in the A-League behind Melbourne Victory.

The Socceroos beat New Zealand 3-0 in 1997 at Breakers Stadium, now The Gardens greyhound track, in the last international played in Newcastle.

Australian Asian Cup organiser Michael Brown said the hosting rights recognised the region’s importance on the football landscape.

‘‘I was asked ‘Why Newcastle?’’’ he said.‘‘The answer was very simple: 30,000 participants, two A-League teams this side of the Hawkesbury, a really engaged community and people passionate about their sport.

‘‘If the event is going to leave a legacy, it needs passionate people driving that through communities and business opportunities.’’

Newcastle federal MP Sharon Grierson said the global audience presented an unprecedented opening: ‘‘It will leverage economic, diplomatic, trade and social benefits if we get it right.’’

Northern NSW Football chief executive David Eland said the timing of the event was ideal.

Northern is lobbying the state government for $7.3million for its proposed $11.3million elite training centre at Speers Point Park.

‘‘The enduring legacy of the Asian Cup needs to be in facilities,’’ Mr Eland said.

‘‘We certainly hope that Wanderers Oval (at Broadmeadow), which has been identified as a training venue, gets a significant investment.

‘‘The other massive opportunity for us is the pre-competition camp.

‘‘Now we have games and there is going to be a semi-final, I hope we have some of the big nations fighting each other to be based here.

‘‘That is why the elite facility at Speers Point is vital.’’

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/1394867/asian-cup-legacy-needs-to-be-facilities/?cs=305

No mention of any upgrades to hunter stadium, need to have a big push for the facilities. Cooks hill should be pushing for that upgrade they just got knocked back on.

JCBT
28-03-2013, 08:37 AM
So Magic will get a ground upgrade provided by the government?

Zico
28-03-2013, 08:42 AM

Sucked in to Perth and Adelaide who are now paying the price for no decent stadiums in their neck of the world
You would have to be the most negative bloke on here. I bet you whinge having a root!!

The Magician
28-03-2013, 10:21 AM
So Magic will get a ground upgrade provided by the government?

Build it and they will come... Build it and they will come

Bon
28-03-2013, 10:23 AM
You would have to be the most negative bloke on here. I bet you whinge having a root!!

:lulz:

Jetmaster
28-03-2013, 10:46 AM
I'm sure the seating will be there.....I'm far more excited about the probability of a new surface, tempered by the fear that the turf won't "take" four weeks before the tournament.

Jets probably won't be allowed to play at home for a couple of months either !

selassie
28-03-2013, 11:20 AM
stop complaining about the facilities at newy, there have been some real tinpot stadiums used in previous asian cups.

lol at the deluded fools thinking heaps of money is going to flow from this. dreaming if you think stadiums are going to be upgraded using the pittance made. australia was the only bidder for the 2015 asian cup.

willing to bet anyone on here $50 that temp or permanent seating won't be put over the hills in hunter stadium.

on the schedule;

the first game in newy is D1 v D4 so one of the seeded teams will be playing in newy (s korea, n korea or japan)

the second game in newcastle will be on at the same time as the australia game in brisbane, who is going to watch this?

makes logistic sense that all the teams fly into NSW/sydney after the quater finals. scg trust must have put fvck all effort into trying to win games.

Grimario
28-03-2013, 11:27 AM
the second game in newcastle will be on at the same time as the australia game in brisbane, who is going to watch this?

After watching some of the tripe Australia have dished up in recent times, I would prefer an Oman vs Jordan 7 goal thriller or something silly like that.

GazFish35
28-03-2013, 01:20 PM
I reckon they end playing at Birmingham gardens.

Grimario
28-03-2013, 01:28 PM
Pfft, Corroba Oval represent.

Pico
28-03-2013, 02:41 PM
makes logistic sense that all the teams fly into NSW/sydney after the quater finals. scg trust must have put fvck all effort into trying to win games.

Think it came down to the one city one stadium rule.

MFKS
28-03-2013, 04:31 PM

Sarcasm is just lost on you isn't it ???? :rolleyes::sup:

Once again showing some people take everything so seriously on the foz.

FFS Loosen up Zico

belchardo
28-03-2013, 05:13 PM
going to be doing the quadruple header.

canberra - 10th
canberra - 11th
newy - 12th
canberra 13th

taking the whole month off i think.

hawk
28-03-2013, 09:36 PM
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/$(KGrHqYOKjYE43-6s9ftBOUeKw4zdw~~48_35.JPG

hawk
06-04-2013, 09:46 PM
the first game in newy is D1 v D4 so one of the seeded teams will be playing in newy (s korea, n korea or japan)
ill give it a spin. 2 sets of away supports may have some banter and be nice to show the tenz some winter love

militiamon
07-04-2013, 12:30 AM
North Korea coming to Newy :rof:

Please make this happen.

selassie
08-04-2013, 09:32 AM
imagine if korean peninsula is reunited by then and they send a unified team. history in newcastle.

MFKS
18-03-2014, 04:19 PM
The Socceroos are confirmed as the top seeds in the draw for the 2015 AFC Asian Cup in Australia, organisers have announced.

Postecoglou: Unite for the Asian Cup

Iraq, China through to Asian Cup

The tournament kicks off on 9 January next year and reaches its climax with the final at ANZ Stadium on 31 January.

Ange Postecoglou's Socceroos will be joined by Iran, Japan and Uzbekistan as the highest seeded countries in the 16-team tournament.

The Socceroos could face old rival Korea Republic, which is seeded fifth, in its group.

The Asian Football Confederation has released the seedings and mechanism for the final draw to take place in Sydney on 26 March.

There will be four pots with Australia occupying the A1 position of Pot 1 and the rest of the countries receiving their respective positions based on the latest FIFA rankings released this week.

The highest ranked four countries will be slotted in Pot 1 and the rest will be slotted in Pots 2, 3 and 4 respectively.

Each one of the four groups in the finals will contain a team from each pot.

The seedings are:

Pot 1 (teams ranked 1-4): Australia, Iran, Japan, Uzbekistan.

Pot 2 (teams ranked 5-8): Korea Republic, United Arab Emirates, Jordan, Saudi Arabia.

Pot 3 (teams ranked 9-12): Oman, China, Qatar, Iraq.

Pot 4 (teams ranked 13-16): Bahrain, Kuwait, DPR Korea and 2014 Challenge Cup winner.

The draw at the Sydney Opera House will feature the 15 confirmed sides, with the winner of the Challenge Cup which takes place in the Maldives in May, to take the final position.

Oman, Bahrain, Iran, UAE and Saudi Arabia all qualified as qualifying group winners, while Jordan, Qatar, Kuwait, Uzbekistan, Iraq progressed as runners-up.

China earned its ticket as the best third-place finisher among the five qualifying groups.

Defending champion Japan, host Australia and Korea Republic received direct entry to the finals by finishing first, second and third respectively at the 2011 Asian Cup in Qatar while DPR Korea sealed its place courtesy of victory in the 2012 Challenge Cup.

The Socceroos have taken part in two Asian Cup tournaments since it joined the AFC in 2006.

Australia reached the quarter-finals in 2007 where it lost to Japan on penalties in Hanoi.

Four years later it went all the way to the final but again fell to Japan 1-0 after extra-time in Doha.

Top seeds FFS.

Japan and Sth Korea are definitely superior to us

joel31
18-03-2014, 06:38 PM
I think its only coz we're hosts

Retro Jet
19-03-2014, 12:11 AM
Expect a group of Oz, Kor Republic, Iraq and DPR Korea then....

belchardo
26-03-2014, 07:15 PM
Draw on now. Well, sort of. Not sure when it actually starts.

baldrick
26-03-2014, 07:33 PM
Its being streamed live on youtube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azlYiwDUAMI

belchardo
26-03-2014, 07:47 PM
South korea, oman, kuwait for us

baldrick
26-03-2014, 07:53 PM
Japan playing in Newcastle on 12th January

joel31
26-03-2014, 07:58 PM
South korea, oman, kuwait for us
we will scrape through in second

Blackmac79
26-03-2014, 08:03 PM
Japan in Newcastle will be great.

Bradj
26-03-2014, 08:17 PM
Correct me if im wrong here but looking at the draw bracket, if we come 2nd in our group and japan wins its group, the semi in newcastle could be aus vs japan... That would be insane

front2
26-03-2014, 09:24 PM
Japan playing in Newcastle on 12th January

So it will be Japan v AFC Challenge Cup winner ? Japan here in Newcastle will be a good draw card for attendance.

snake
26-03-2014, 09:28 PM
Correct me if im wrong here but looking at the draw bracket, if we come 2nd in our group and japan wins its group, the semi in newcastle could be aus vs japan... That would be insane

that's how it reads on wikipedia. carn the sth korea!

baldrick
26-03-2014, 09:32 PM
So it will be Japan v AFC Challenge Cup winner ? Japan here in Newcastle will be a good draw card for attendance.

And the footballing powerhouses Oman v Kuwait on 17th January

leftrightout
27-03-2014, 07:24 AM
And the footballing powerhouses Oman v Kuwait on 17th January

Looks like ill be getting the old Kuwait 1982 world cup sirt out with Saad Al-Houti's name on the back!

(I may not have a 1982 Kuwaiti shirt and i also may have only known that dudes name because i checked wikipedia and he was skipper at the time)

MFKS
27-03-2014, 07:44 AM
So whats everyones plans on attending??

Most likely be looking at getting tickets to the Final regardless of who is playing.

Might even head to Suncorp for the Socceroos V Sth Korea affair and will probably look to take in all the games in Newy

GazFish35
27-03-2014, 07:50 AM
Is Lucas Neil playing?

Premy
27-03-2014, 07:55 AM
Might do the opener in Melbourne if I can get tickets.
Hopefully all 4 games in Newcastle
Oman in Sydney
Semi in Sydney
Final

MFKS
27-03-2014, 08:00 AM
Might do the opener in Melbourne if I can get tickets.
Hopefully all 4 games in Newcastle
Oman in Sydney
Semi in Sydney
Final

Getting tickets shouldn't really be a problem even for Socceroos games. It ain't the World Cup!!!

Sure the Socceroos games will probably sell out EVENTUALLY but if you are in early like you should be for a Socceroos game of note you should be more than right.

Hell most of the games will struggle to be half full anyway

leftrightout
27-03-2014, 08:32 AM
I will definately be doing all 4 games in Newcastle
Planning on the opener in Melbourne, depending on if my free accommodation is available.
And would love to go to the Final regardless of who is playing.

plague
27-03-2014, 09:23 AM
What date is the socceroos Korea game in Brissy?

MFKS
27-03-2014, 09:34 AM
What date is the socceroos Korea game in Brissy?

Saturday 17 January 2015.

Same day as the game in Newy between Oman and Kuwait which will now get even less of a crowd with Socceroos playing same time on TV Live

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_AFC_Asian_Cup

leftrightout
27-03-2014, 09:45 AM

Same day as the game in Newy between Oman and Kuwait which will now get even less of a crowd with Socceroos playing same time on TV Live

Maybe i wont be doing all 4 games in Newcastle...

plague
27-03-2014, 09:58 AM

Cheers mate.
Will most likely head up for that one. Went to the Japan game up there last qualifying rounds. Mammoth pub crawl along the way. Good times.

MFKS
27-03-2014, 10:34 AM
Maybe i wont be doing all 4 games in Newcastle...

Me neither

Wasn't really looking forward to the Kuwait v Oman clash anyway.

Think I might join Plague on this pub crawl he speaks of in Brisvegas

MFKS
02-04-2014, 12:04 PM
TICKETS to all four Asian Cup games in NEWCASTLE will cost Hunter football fans just $99, organisers announced on Wednesday.

The "Family-Friendly" ticket prices will enable kids to watch Asia’s best footballers next summer for as little as $5, and families from just $40, at Australia’s biggest ever football tournament.
See your ad here

The tournament will feature venue pack tickets, which offer fans discounts to attend every match in each of the five host cities - Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and Newcastle.

Venue packs start from just $99 for all four matches in Newcastle, including a semi-final and the third place play-off.

It will cost fans just $109 for all seven matches in Canberra, $139 for all seven matches in Brisbane, $159 for all seven games in Melbourne and $229 for all seven matches in Sydney, which includes one semi and the final.

Other highlights of the ticket prices, announced on Wednesday, include:

• Opening ceremony and Australia v Kuwait match from $69 per adult

• Other Socceroos group matches from $49 per adult

• Quarter-finals from $29 per adult

• Semi-finals from $49 per adult

• Final from $79 per adult

No ticket will cost more than $149 – and that’s for the best seats in the house when the Socceroos kick off Asia’s biggest football tournament against Kuwait in Melbourne on January 9, and for top seats at the final at Sydney’s Stadium Australia on January 31.

“At the height of summer, with school holidays in full swing, and with such attractive prices, we look forward to welcoming tens of thousands of Australian families – not just those inside the traditional football family,” said Michael Brown, CEO of the tournament’s Local Organising Committee.

“This will be a festival of football never seen before in Australia, featuring our own Socceroos battling the best 16 teams in Asia, including Asia’s three other World Cup finalists in Japan, South Korea and Iran.

“We have deliberately kept prices affordable for families and those in multicultural communities who will be keen to attend multiple matches.”

Even the most expensive Category One tickets offer tremendous value - $149 for the final, $149 for the opening match, $99 for other Socceroos group matches, $99 for a semi-final, $69 for a quarter-final and $30 for a non-Socceroos group match.

Kids and concession holders can watch the final for just $39.50, semi-finals for $24.50, quarter-finals for $14.50 and non-Socceroos group matches for just $5.

Tickets will go on sale in two periods.

The first phase is for venue packs on May 7 for the football family and May 19 for the general public.

The second phase is for individual tickets on June 3 for the football family and June 10 for the general public.

Fifteen nations have already qualified – Australia as hosts, defending champions Japan, Korea Republic and 2012 AFC Challenge Cup winners DPR Korea, along with Bahrain, China, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and Uzbekistan.

The final spot will go to the winner of the AFC Challenge Cup for emerging nations in May..

q-money
02-04-2014, 12:15 PM
nice

pv4
02-04-2014, 12:32 PM
$99 for every Asian Cup game in Newy - fxxxing sold. My family will be buying at least 5.

baldrick
02-04-2014, 12:45 PM
Awesome. Looks like I'm going to all 4 Newcastle games then

Jetmaster
02-04-2014, 01:22 PM
The kids were hoping for all four Newy games plus Socceroos in Sydney - I thought that would be beyond reach.

Geez I'm gonna be a popular Dad!

Jeterpool
02-04-2014, 01:41 PM
Yep, we'll be in too.

Great idea - drop the prices to get more people there.

furns
02-04-2014, 02:17 PM
not going to be cheap if you intend to follow the Socceroos around though

joel31
02-04-2014, 02:31 PM
prices are good. As I'm concession seeing teams like Japan, Korea for $5. that's great

pv4
02-04-2014, 02:36 PM

It works out quite well for us NSW types though. Melb and Bris are on weekends, Sydney game midweek.

Blackmac79
02-04-2014, 04:20 PM
Sydney and Newcastle venue packs please.

Damn good pricing.

Bremsstrahlung
02-04-2014, 04:29 PM
Wonder if its gonna be another Ticketek shitfight to the death? or if it will be done through an AFC site/proxy?

joel31
02-04-2014, 08:28 PM
Wonder if its gonna be another Ticketek shitfight to the death? or if it will be done through an AFC site/proxy?
I cant see any of the group games selling very quickly although the final and semi's probably will

pv4
07-04-2014, 06:44 AM

Have you looked into doing this much, phernz?

Just wondering if anyone had, to get an idea of pricing etc.

Would be awesome if they released a socceroos-only ticket pack, because the way i'm looking at it the individual match tickets go on sale WAY after the venue packs, and i'm wondering whether it's easier/etc to buy melb/syd/bris venue packs rather than wait out for individual socceroos tickets

MFKS
07-04-2014, 10:03 AM
Have you looked into doing this much, phernz?

Just wondering if anyone had, to get an idea of pricing etc.

Would be awesome if they released a socceroos-only ticket pack, because the way i'm looking at it the individual match tickets go on sale WAY after the venue packs, and i'm wondering whether it's easier/etc to buy melb/syd/bris venue packs rather than wait out for individual socceroos tickets

Just remember WLG you as a Jets Member (Or you could use your Gypo season pass :whistling: ) should get a chance to buy a Socceroos match ticket before the general public anyway. I imagine the Socceroo tickets will be popular but if you want one you should be able to get one assuming you made the effort to get in on release date and didn't delay it for weeks

hausmann
29-04-2014, 12:04 PM
Okay, with venue packs going on sale next week I've been trying to work out the best deal.

I've worked out that I want to go to the following games

Japan v Qualifier - Newcastle
Australia v Oman - Sydney
Australia v Korea - Brisbane
Semi Final 1 - Sydney
Semi Final 2 - Newcastle
Final - Sydney

Any other games are a bonus.
To buy Category 1 tickets for these 6 games individually would cost $545 but you have to wait and could possible miss out on good seats to the Final.
To buy a Sydney Pack plus individual tickets to Newcastle and Brisbane would cost $597 and would give me 10 games to go watch
To buy a Newcastle Pack (plus finals) and individual tickets to the Sydney and Brisbane games above would cost $577 for the 8 games but I would only be able to watch 7.

So the best value is to buy a Sydney pack.

This sentence also concerns me regarding the Venue Packs "Witness seven matches live in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane or Canberra and four games in Newcastle with your very own seat at each game."

Does this mean that you get the same seat at each game? If so, then preference at Semi Final 1 and the Final will be given to Sydney Venue packs over Newcastle venue packs for these two games. If that is the case, I think I'd rather secure a good seat at the Final, as opposed to Hunter Stadium.

toad
07-05-2014, 08:54 AM
has anyone received football family information for buying tickets today? i haven't got any emails with passwords etc yet.

Jetmaster
07-05-2014, 11:00 AM
Emails being sent at midday according to Twitter.

Jeterpool
07-05-2014, 12:09 PM
Anbody got their email yet?

Bremsstrahlung
07-05-2014, 12:19 PM
Got mine

Grimario
07-05-2014, 12:31 PM
Got it. Deleted it.

****ing Adelaide :(

Bremsstrahlung
07-05-2014, 12:32 PM
Ps. anybody aware if Cat 3, row B is 2nd from the front, or 2nd form the back?

lquiquer
07-05-2014, 12:38 PM
Ps. anybody aware if Cat 3, row B is 2nd from the front, or 2nd form the back?

front

Jeterpool
07-05-2014, 12:45 PM
Took some time, a lot of refreshing, but got some tickets. Took 20 minutes to get my email through.

Bay 10 and a good row, so pretty happy.

Bremsstrahlung
Cheers, currently deciding whether to go Newwy Plus or just Newwy and buy a Final ticket.

Jetmaster
Yep - just got it...venue packs only at this stage.

WolfMan
07-05-2014, 12:52 PM
Not sure whether it's coz I'm attempting to buy via the iphone, but I keep getting an allocation exhausted type of message?

Might try again when I get home

Bremsstrahlung
07-05-2014, 12:53 PM
Ended up going Cat 2 Newcastle Pack and I'll chance my luck at Some individual Final tickets once they are released.
It says Individual Tickets go on Sale 2nd of June? Is this to encourage people to buy the "packs"?

Jeterpool
07-05-2014, 12:55 PM
Not sure whether it's coz I'm attempting to buy via the iphone, but I keep getting an allocation exhausted type of message?

Got the same, keep refreshing. Once they are released from someone's (i.e. Football fan or scalper) basket you get them

Bremsstrahlung
07-05-2014, 12:55 PM

I got this a few times :S and i just kept going back and refreshing and it'd work :S. Hate this ticket roulette thing FFA/most ticketing places tend to put out online, Should be able to specify bays and rows imo and let them automatically fill them so theres no spare seats.

Jetmaster
07-05-2014, 12:56 PM
I think so, fair enough I suppose.

I want to share my love around venues and can't see all the games in Newy anyway, so will wait till 2nd June.

Can I not see something or does it appear that no tickets are available on the grass hills ?

Bremsstrahlung
07-05-2014, 01:10 PM
I think so, fair enough I suppose.

I want to share my love around venues and can't see all the games in Newy anyway, so will wait till 2nd June.

Can I not see something or does it appear that no tickets are available on the grass hills ?

Am assuming this would be a requirement that the venue be all-seating for AFC/FIFA. Maybe.
Or they will allocate GA tickets to the general public or just let anyone with a ticket 'Downgrade'

MFKS
07-05-2014, 01:21 PM
Just going by the shambles that is sourcing tickets for the World Cup

The only games that in my opinion are worth trying to source immeadiately are

Brisbane Socceroos game
Melbourne Socceroos game
Final.

I severely doubt though that you will have issues sourcing these at a later date though if needed.

The Socceroos Sydney game shouldn't be an issue either as it is an 80k capacity and we struggle these days to sell out vital WCQ. Nor should the Sydney semi if you are interested

As for the Newy games the 3rd V 4th will be pretty easy to get and will not go close to selling out. The WC 3rd V 4th is a dud ticket to buy as anyone who has one can testify. No one will purchase it now even if they have travel plans to Brasilia for it as they no they will be able to pick it up after the Semis dirt cheap.

The semi in Newy might be a slight issue but I doubt we will sell 33k or whatever the capacity is at Stade de Newy unless the Socceroos are playing there and we won't know that until January anyway. We won't get 33k there if it is Sth Korea V Japan or even 2 lesser glamour Asian teams

Just my 2bobs worth.

Buy FINAL
BUY Brisvegas Socceroo if going
BUY Melburn Socceroo if going
NOW

Rest buy at your own leisure in the months leading up to tournament

Bon
07-05-2014, 01:24 PM
Anbody got their email yet?

Yeah I have.. And a text..

MFKS
07-05-2014, 01:25 PM
Loving the dramas you blokes are having with buying tix to this. :sup:

Makes me giggle as the World Cup is a shitload worse and there are hundreds of thousands ****ing around on FIFAs site everyday with better gripes than this is presenting.:lol:

evolution
07-05-2014, 01:52 PM
Got the email a couple of minutes after 12, logged straight in and bought a Newcastle Plus pack. No dramas whatsoever. Easy!

MFKS
07-05-2014, 02:08 PM
http://www.afcasiancup.com/i/AsianCup/img/pdfs/AFC_Asian_Cup_2015_Ticketing_Guide.pdf
Page 19 Seating Categories.

Cat 3 is Bay 60 and seats behind goals - Don't appear to be using hills!!!
Cat 2 Bay 2
Cat 1 Guts of west and east stands.

May look to avoid Cat 1 and pick one of the lesser cats as seats are little different to what we endure during HAL games anyway

evolution
07-05-2014, 02:31 PM
Yeah I went with Cat C, behind the goals in Newcastle and on the corner flag in Sydney. Can't complain!

Bremsstrahlung
07-05-2014, 02:40 PM
Nice. I changed to cat 2 after constantly getting first 3 rows behind goals.
Was
Going to get the plus pack but figured I wouldn't make it to the semi in Sydney and I doubt I'd be able to sell it.

hausmann
07-05-2014, 04:30 PM
Got Cat 1. Hurts spending that much money at once but front bay on halfway will be great for the final.

Now just hope that the Socceroos go all the way.

WolfMan
07-05-2014, 07:02 PM
Sorted it out with the laptop just now. Cat 1, right on halfway on the Eastern stand. Good that they are all evening matches as well

jazd
08-05-2014, 10:25 PM
Can someone help me here.. Bay 5, row CC. Is that the front or back? I wish you could chose your seats!

[edit] just realised this was my first post! Been here for ages but signed up under a different name after the forum crash. Used to be a regular ;)

GazFish35
08-05-2014, 10:31 PM
I think cc is up the back.

Decent seats tbh. Out of the sun earlier from the stand above you.

I think.

jazd
09-05-2014, 04:43 PM
I think cc is up the back.

Decent seats tbh. Out of the sun earlier from the stand above you.

I think.
Thanks, I believed you and bought them ;)

front2
09-05-2014, 10:15 PM
Wait till Japan Avalanche for first match.

Blackmac79
10-05-2014, 09:47 AM
Do the tickets include public transport?

the blue manc
10-05-2014, 05:06 PM
Do the tickets include public transport?

I don't think they do.

I've got the tickets in bay 10

belchardo
12-05-2014, 08:11 PM
Anybody know how they define "concession"? The ticket guide says <16 years, but they have child categories when you go to purchase.

leftrightout
27-05-2014, 12:18 PM
Tickets for individual matches on sale now to football family members

baldrick
04-10-2014, 06:31 PM
Has anyone received their tickets ?

I vaguely remember they were being dispatched in September

lquiquer
04-10-2014, 06:51 PM
Has anyone received their tickets ?

I vaguely remember they were being dispatched in September

No tickets yet....... and also no tickets for City / Jets yet either.....and not even mentioning my Jets membership, including little dribbler and pet membership. Should have gone for toddler!!!!.... and hope the dog makes it!!!

Blackmac79
04-10-2014, 08:35 PM
For the city/jets tickets you have to go to your accounts purchase history to download them

lquiquer
04-10-2014, 08:39 PM
For the city/jets tickets you have to go to your accounts purchase history to download them

Got them.....thanks Toby

baldrick
05-10-2014, 06:34 AM
No tickets yet....... and also no tickets for City / Jets yet either.....and not even mentioning my Jets membership, including little dribbler and pet membership. Should have gone for toddler!!!!.... and hope the dog makes it!!!

Thanks !

belchardo
27-10-2014, 10:30 AM
any updates on ticket delivery? website says delivery in September by mail. I certainly haven't got mine yet.

MFKS
27-10-2014, 01:08 PM
any updates on ticket delivery? website says delivery in September by mail. I certainly haven't got mine yet.

I only booked tickets about 3-4 weeks ago. I got an email last week saying they would arrive in the next month.

The email which I have in conveniently deleted looked more like a standard send out to everyone buying tickets email and nothing directed to my personal situation

belchardo
11-11-2014, 12:45 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B2HZQEtCUAAk7oH.jpg

mascot for the Asian cup - nutmeg the wombat.

plague
11-11-2014, 12:52 PM
The Rock should sue for stealing his look
http://lets-have-a-beer.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/peoples-eyebrow6.jpg

cobra23
11-11-2014, 01:02 PM
The Rock should sue for stealing his look
http://lets-have-a-beer.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/peoples-eyebrow6.jpg

Agree, and also the rock should sue for not being the mascot.

Jeterpool
11-11-2014, 01:12 PM
I know they were sending out tickets soon - has anyone received theirs yet?

lquiquer
11-11-2014, 01:47 PM
I know they were sending out tickets soon - has anyone received theirs yet?

Not yet

belchardo
11-11-2014, 04:11 PM
nope

baldrick
11-11-2014, 05:53 PM
Negatory

Premy
11-11-2014, 06:07 PM
But Nutmeg, what a guy that grin.

DimSumFutball
18-11-2014, 09:00 PM
Anyone planning to go for matches in Sydney?

I will be going for all matches that happen in Sydney and I am really excited for the 20145 AFC Asian Cup.

Which is the strongest group in 2015 AFC Asian Cup 2015 according to your view?

belchardo
24-11-2014, 06:02 PM
Nutmeg delivers. Our tickets have arrived.

lquiquer
25-11-2014, 08:23 PM
Thank you Nutmeg

Jeterpool
25-11-2014, 10:08 PM
Yeah ours arrived safely yesterday. Jeterpool, Mrs Jeterpool, Liverjet and his two amigos are very excited.

BodyNovo
26-11-2014, 11:21 AM
just bought the pack for newy

got cat 3 but i reckon if its anything like hunter stadium on jerks games i will be able to move to a better spot for the games where the crowd aint through the roof.

lquiquer
26-11-2014, 11:26 AM

got cat 3 but i reckon if its anything like hunter stadium on jerks games i will be able to move to a better spot for the games where the crowd aint through the roof.

Vamos Nippon

GazFish35
26-11-2014, 08:43 PM
http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/article/asian-cup-football-fan-parks-set-for-tour/pj0q47twkfqi1cbb9piwhjgda

Fan park coming to newy

pv4
27-11-2014, 10:48 AM
Have been quite lazy in sorting myself for this.

Thinking of getting the Newcastle + Sydney packs.

joel31
27-11-2014, 01:19 PM
I got Sydney Pack and all games in Newy bar one (coz i wanted to sit in different places for different games)
Tickets came last week for both

leftrightout
28-11-2014, 11:26 AM
Did everyones tickets come in the mail? i havent recieved mine yet for the opening match in melbourne.

lquiquer
28-11-2014, 11:29 AM
Did everyones tickets come in the mail? i havent recieved mine yet for the opening match in melbourne.

Pretty sure I read yesterday that it could take another 8 to 10 days for delivery to be completed

A.J.
28-11-2014, 12:26 PM
I still haven't received mine, going to one game in Sydney and a couple in Newy

stormypete
28-11-2014, 01:10 PM
Haven't received mine either (4 games in Newy) and I bought 'em as soon as they became available.
Waiting ......

hawk
28-11-2014, 02:01 PM

should go roof

WolfMan
28-11-2014, 03:51 PM
I was concerned that my change of address hadn't been registered. So swung by the Ticketek at the entertainment centre. They printed mine off for me there and then.

parksey
28-11-2014, 04:15 PM
simon hill has tarek elrich listed in his top 10 bolters for the aussie squad for the cup lol

baldrick
28-11-2014, 05:10 PM
Nutmeg doesn't like me

No tickets yet

:(

Bremsstrahlung
28-11-2014, 05:40 PM
Got mine Monday.

MFKS
02-12-2014, 07:49 PM
Got mine in the mail today. Seemed eerily familiar process as to one I have just undergone

Wasn't quite as good as the day I got my WC tickets though:whistling:

Xander
07-12-2014, 03:13 PM
I'm keen to see Japan vs Auckland City FC at Cessnock on Jan 4. 6pm kick off. Japan should be fielding a full strength team, so seeing Honda up close will be good. Any ideas what it might cost to get into the ground?

Unfortunately the Jaffas game the following morning is closed to the public. So that is a bit disappointing... but good on the Jaffas for getting the gig.

Grimario
08-12-2014, 10:15 AM
Provisional 46 man squad.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B4Se9KFCEAIn9Wy.png

Pico
08-12-2014, 06:29 PM
So how many jets players made the cut.... :roflz:

MFKS
08-12-2014, 08:54 PM
So how many jets players made the cut.... :roflz:

I just don't understand how 4 blokes from the club behind us made it

plague
08-12-2014, 09:11 PM
I just don't understand how 4 blokes from the club behind us made it

Lots of Gypos for you to cheer for Member.

MFKS
10-12-2014, 08:38 PM
http://www.afcasiancup.com/news/en/asian-cup-covered-benches-unveiled/1av0ndajqebv1ge7ljwkslncm

furns
10-12-2014, 08:45 PM
The supporters on the fencelines in the Western stand are going to be well happy with those things blocking their Gold Seat views

Xander
11-12-2014, 10:30 AM
The supporters on the fencelines in the Western stand are going to be well happy with those things blocking their Gold Seat views
That was my first thought too. Followed by how hot those will be to sit on during a hot afternoon game in the middle of summer. Then again, maybe not.

baldrick
11-12-2014, 04:55 PM
Nutmeg delivers. Finally.

Premy
12-12-2014, 09:30 AM
http://www.cessnock.nsw.gov.au/council/news/charity-match

Japan playing Auckland City 4th of Jan at Cessnock
Tickets:
$20 Grandstand
$10 G.A

pv4
23-12-2014, 07:16 AM
I ended up getting the Newcastle and Sydney packs. What did yall get? What games are you hoping to get to?

BodyNovo
23-12-2014, 07:56 AM
newcastle pack and the final i reckon.

plague
27-12-2014, 12:21 AM
yo.
has anyone gone to ticketek in person to get tickets?
or have y'all got them via the internetz?
trying to have a little better input on what seats i get. website always serves up poo.
wondering on how others have gone about it.

MFKS
27-12-2014, 08:18 AM
yo.
has anyone gone to ticketek in person to get tickets?
or have y'all got them via the internetz?
trying to have a little better input on what seats i get. website always serves up poo.
wondering on how others have gone about it.

Does the Silverlight app work and have you allowed it??

That usually allows you to pick tickets you want.

Most just assume it is spam and knock it back from opening

Superdylan
27-12-2014, 11:00 AM
Was wondering if we could get some tenzo seshes pre game for the games in Newcastle starting with the game between Japan & palestine.

plague
27-12-2014, 11:19 PM
Does the Silverlight app work and have you allowed it??

That usually allows you to pick tickets you want.

Most just assume it is spam and knock it back from opening

what is this you are talking about Member?

MFKS
28-12-2014, 07:44 PM
what is this you are talking about Member?

Ticketek runs an app with its site called Silverlight.

Allowing it brings up the venue seats available

MFKS
29-12-2014, 08:27 PM
Was wondering if we could get some tenzo seshes pre game for the games in Newcastle starting with the game between Japan & palestine.

More importantly anyone heading to games in Sydney and interested in a session at Strathfield Hotel again??

Am defo planning on doing the Australia group game on the 12th versus whoever we play Oman?? (still need to get a ticket) now my schedule has cleared to do it with the day off afterwards!!

The Final(have ticket already) and may make the semi if I can be arsed but am holding out on that for the time being to see how the Tourney progresses and who looks like playing before committing.

Am defo keen for a piss up on the 12th and the 31st though

Superdylan
29-12-2014, 10:36 PM
Should be in MFKS. Should know by late next week due to work roster. Will keep you informed.

BodyNovo
30-12-2014, 09:19 AM
on the asian cup

where the **** is lucas neil?

has not been seen since he was running round for doncaster 8 months ago

isn't supposed to be an ambassador

boz-monaut
30-12-2014, 11:09 AM
he's not very popular on account of being a bit of a ****

MFKS
30-12-2014, 11:32 AM
on the asian cup

where the **** is lucas neil?

has not been seen since he was running round for doncaster 8 months ago

isn't supposed to be an ambassador

I am sure the bloke will turn up and be before us as soon as the first junket starts

Can almost guarantee it.

lquiquer
30-12-2014, 09:28 PM
Suncorp pitch looks terrible.... Now we got a chance V South Korea

MFKS
04-01-2015, 09:17 PM
Have a spare adult ticket to Oman v Kuwait at Stade de Newy on Saturday 17th January.

Bay 4 of Eastern Stand.

Am going to Socceroos game in Brisvegas that day so can't make it.

Ticket is free to a good home though if you want to throw in a schooner that will sweeten the deal:sup:.

If you want it send us a pm

leftrightout
05-01-2015, 07:43 AM
In the final days... trip to melbourne up first.
I am genuinely excited about this tournament, i hope the rest of Australia gets into it!

hawk
05-01-2015, 06:50 PM
take it for what you will...

Fifa & shocking asian rankings

1 Iran
2 Japan
3 South Korea
4 Uzbekistan
5 United Arab Emirates
6 Jordan
7 Oman
8 Qatar
9 China PR
10 Australia

MFKS
05-01-2015, 07:04 PM
take it for what you will...

Fifa & shocking asian rankings

1 Iran
2 Japan
3 South Korea
4 Uzbekistan
5 United Arab Emirates
6 Jordan
7 Oman
8 Qatar
9 China PR
10 Australia

Is your point that we are ranked to low??

If it is I will point out we have not won many games at all in 2013 and 2014.

Regardless of whether you feel we are not the 10th best team in Asia the ranking system is about games won and the reality for us is we have been disappointing on this front whilst others have got their share of wins on the board

BodyNovo
06-01-2015, 08:09 AM
the prospect of an australian national team playing in newcastle is exciting

can't wait to see nippon but

just going to be good having football on the television everyday for the next 2 and a bit weeks.

Jeterpool
06-01-2015, 01:13 PM
The Japanese media seemed pretty chuffed with Cessnock according to the new last night. Their only problem? The internet is too slow here.

plague
06-01-2015, 02:05 PM
If anyone has yet to buy tix I recommend going into civic theatre. There is a lovely lady in there who hooked me up with way better tix than I could get on the website.

leftrightout
06-01-2015, 02:12 PM
If anyone has yet to buy tix I recommend going into civic theatre. There is a lovely lady in there who hooked me up with way better tix than I could get on the website.

Cheers for the tip, still need to get my newcastle ones!

belchardo
06-01-2015, 03:09 PM
http://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/soccer/asian-cup-ticket-prices-inflated-by-up-to-700-per-cent-on-rogue-website-20150105-12hzlu.html

who would buy these at inflated prices when there are still seats available through ticketek????

MFKS
06-01-2015, 04:18 PM
Gonna go out on a limb here and say we won't even get to the semis. Hell would not be that surprised if we didn't even make it out of the group.
We have done **** all to show signs that we can just flick a switch and be good

Whilst Ange keeps picking blokes like Alex Wilkinson we are well and truly ****ed.

Sure I will be supporting them but my expectations are at least in perspective unlike the people out there who think we will win the comp

We couldn't win it with vastly better sides than we currently have FFS

The Dunster
06-01-2015, 04:33 PM
Ange is not skilled enough to get that lot to the finals. They might sneak into the knockout phase but it would be a suprise.
Tim Cahill deserves more from what will probably be his last major tournament.

hawk
06-01-2015, 11:38 PM
I am yet to be convinved that Ange can handle any national squad BUT.

He has been foxing abit by trying at times too many players and systems while get sorted for this tourny. He prefers to have alot of time with his teams to implement his system which is not ideal for an international coach.

The squad isnt the best we've had but his report card will be riding on this.

hawk
07-01-2015, 01:09 PM
Is your point that we are ranked to low??

If it is I will point out we have not won many games at all in 2013 and 2014.

Regardless of whether you feel we are not the 10th best team in Asia the ranking system is about games won and the reality for us is we have been disappointing on this front whilst others have got their share of wins on the board

No. Just general info and our ranking is fine.

I posted this to make people aware that there are better teams that have more chance of winning this comp.

WolfMan
07-01-2015, 01:12 PM
Just a heads up, if anyone wants a ticket on halfway for the Japan v Palestine match, hit me up.

The missus decided she would like to go, and with no single seats around Bay 6, we will both relocate to the Western Upper Deck (Bay 64 from memory)

Not looking to make money, paid $30 for it in the Newcastle Match pack

Jetmaster
07-01-2015, 03:03 PM
Friday will tell the story. If we get a convincing win then it will look good - if we lose or draw we're doomed. An unconvincing win would mean 2nd place at best which keeps them on track for the Newy semi final.

lquiquer
07-01-2015, 03:43 PM
Anyone knows if row A is at the front or the back of the bay (Lower eastern grand stand) at Newy stadia? Confused myself thinking about it and now can't remember for sure!!! cheers

WolfMan
07-01-2015, 05:26 PM
Anyone knows if row A is at the front or the back of the bay (Lower eastern grand stand) at Newy stadia? Confused myself thinking about it and now can't remember for sure!!! cheers

A is on the fence

Beeen
07-01-2015, 05:38 PM
Any Palestine active supporters for Japan game?

Couscous
07-01-2015, 09:38 PM
Any Palestine active supporters for Japan game?

Yep, one of their top firms is already in town.

http://brabosh.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/palestinian-stone-throwers2.jpg

Beeen
08-01-2015, 08:40 AM
Good blokes.

BodyNovo
09-01-2015, 08:35 AM
so member, sd, etc

beers at the tenz on monday than at whelans on tuesday?

discuss

MFKS
09-01-2015, 09:17 AM
so member, sd, etc

discuss

Bit iffy on Tuesday at this stage.
Looks like I may have to work.

If I can sort out will be keen though

BodyNovo
09-01-2015, 09:40 AM
tenz on monday but

will tell you of my catch up with carney

Blackmac79
09-01-2015, 10:05 AM
Might be able to tuesday.

boz-monaut
09-01-2015, 10:06 AM
no one really seems to be making a big deal about the fact that if the Socceroos come second in their group (which is likely given we have South Korea Inuit) and they go on to beat the winner of group B, they'll be playing in Newy

The Socceroos in our shitty stadium in a semi final, it would be incredible

MFKS
09-01-2015, 10:06 AM
tenz on monday but

will tell you of my catch up with carney

Have the roster at work stretched something shocking this month around the Asian Cup and chances of avoiding work on Tuesday are about 1% I reckon

Monday though is clear and should be right for Beer O Clock

MFKS
09-01-2015, 10:07 AM
no one really seems to be making a big deal about the fact that if the Socceroos come second in their group (which is likely given we have South Korea Inuit) and they go on to beat the winner of group B, they'll be playing in Newy

The Socceroos in our shitty stadium in a semi final, it would be incredible

Probably because there is a lot of ifs buts and maybes for that to happen yet.

I am sure if it looks like panning out that way the excitement will grow

BodyNovo
09-01-2015, 10:08 AM
I am sure the bloke will turn up and be before us as soon as the first junket starts

Can almost guarantee it.

spot on member

Enjoying his first summer in Australia for 18 years, Neill spoke out on the eve of a tournament for which he has been an ambassador since 2013, insisting the Socceroos should be targeting a win on home soil.

Lucas Neill led the Socceroos into battle at the 2011 Asian Cup, Warning that Ange Postecoglou’s side had to be “physically, mentally and tactically prepared” or be exposed, Neill said he would like nothing more than to see a new “Golden Generation” emerge from the Asian Cup.
Dropped from the national team before the last World Cup, Neill said those brought in by Postecoglou had an unparalleled opportunity to win silverware, backed by the support of playing a tournament on home soil.

“I believe in the boys and they have to make the most of a stage like this,” he said.

“Over the past year a lot of guys have come in, a lot I’m not familiar with, and the results and performances have been inconsistent – but that’s all in the past, and now it’s about this tournament.

“For this young team, what better way to set a new standard than by success in the Asian Cup? It’s a fine line between having potential and suddenly becoming a player who didn’t kick on, and these guys have such an opportunity here.

“For me it’s about us all cheering the team on, the home crowd acting as the proverbial 12th man, because the gap in Asia is very small and the games will be hard for every team.

“Our group is tough but I genuinely believe we should qualify – and then, given the way the draw is, should be aiming to win it.

“Having played all of the Asian teams, we know that if we’re not physically, mentally and tactically prepared we’ll be exposed. But like the rest of Australia, I live in hope we get to the final.”

Neill hasn’t played since being released by Watford at the end of last season, but said he would never formally retire “from a game I’ve been involved in since I was six years old, and hope to continue to be involved in.

“I’ll never officially retire from the Socceroos, and I’ll always serve my country in any capacity. That might sound a bit cheesy but it’s how I feel.

Bresc impressed by new bunch2:29
“Domestically I’ve had a few opportunities over the last six months but it didn’t feel like the right one was there and I’ve been enjoying some quality family time.

“I’ve been happy to work on a few grassroots projects, so playing hasn’t been my priority – though that’s not to say if something came up I wouldn’t take it.

“But I have to be honest, I’m really enjoying the down time of being in Australia at this time of year, and I’m even more excited to be watching the boys at the Asian Cup.

“We set the benchmark in 2011 (losing in the final) and I’d love to see them go one better"

Buddha
09-01-2015, 10:12 AM
Just a heads up, if anyone wants a ticket on halfway for the Japan v Palestine match, hit me up.

The missus decided she would like to go, and with no single seats around Bay 6, we will both relocate to the Western Upper Deck (Bay 64 from memory)

Not looking to make money, paid $30 for it in the Newcastle Match pack
I'd be keen, when and what time is it again?

Buddha
09-01-2015, 10:13 AM
PS are they having any live sites for this?

pv4
09-01-2015, 10:13 AM
so member, sd, etc

discuss

What about the Harp pre-Tues?

lquiquer
09-01-2015, 10:23 AM

How about you concentrate on the Quiz and give us results?

BodyNovo
09-01-2015, 11:00 AM

neva again.

pv4
09-01-2015, 11:04 AM
neva again.

It was so good you went back post-game :rof:

BodyNovo
09-01-2015, 11:10 AM
the rsl wouldn't let me back in

MFKS
09-01-2015, 11:37 AM

If we go line up in the queue Monday at the Harp we may get a beer by Tuesday

Superdylan
09-01-2015, 12:01 PM
so member, sd, etc

discuss

In for both, I hope the trains go from strathy to Olympic park though.

Requested off work, spoke with manager said it was fine. Will see my shifts for next week hopefully tonight.

MFKS
09-01-2015, 12:09 PM
In for both, I hope the trains go from strathy to Olympic park though.

Requested off work, spoke with manager said it was fine. Will see my shifts for next week hopefully tonight.

You usually have to get off at Lidcombe to get the Olympic park one

pv4
09-01-2015, 12:12 PM
You usually have to get off at Lidcombe to get the Olympic park one

For the Socceroos/Iraq game they went direct from Strathy

MFKS
09-01-2015, 12:16 PM
For the Socceroos/Iraq game they went direct from Strathy

Seems like I got screwed that day then as I got out at Strathfield and jumped another train and had to get off at Lidcombe walk across to the far platform and get on the train out to Olympic Park

pv4
09-01-2015, 12:22 PM
Seems like I got screwed that day then as I got out at Strathfield and jumped another train and had to get off at Lidcombe walk across to the far platform and get on the train out to Olympic Park

Now that you've said that, I'm starting to doubt myself. But bodi will hamma-confirm - I was on the same train as him. I'm sure it went straight from Strathy to OP.

MFKS
09-01-2015, 01:05 PM
Getting there
•Direct trains will run between Central and Olympic Park every 15 minutes from 17:10 to 18:10, then every 7-8 minutes until 21:40.
◦Services will stop at Redfern, Strathfield then Olympic Park.
•You can also catch a train to Lidcombe Station then head to the Sprint Platform for a direct service to Olympic Park, leaving Lidcombe every 10 minutes.

Getting home
•Direct trains will run from Olympic Park back to Central every 7-8 minutes from 21:40 to 23:40, then every 15 minutes until 00:40.
•An extra Central Coast & Newcastle Line train will run from Central at 22:15, stopping Strathfield, Eastwood, Epping, Hornsby then all stations to Wyong except Wondabyne.

There you go WLG from Citirails event page for the day.
http://www.transportnsw.info/en/transport-status/events/2014/10/AFC-Asian-Cup-pre-event.page?

On another note all Asian Cup games in both Sydney and Newy include free public transport with a match ticket.

This applies on all local buses / train (well whats left of Newy Train Services) and will get you to the ground/pre match pub and start drinking not having to worry about driving home

BodyNovo
09-01-2015, 02:21 PM
Now that you've said that, I'm starting to doubt myself. But bodi will hamma-confirm - I was on the same train as him. I'm sure it went straight from Strathy to OP.

it was a straight run, although i was pretty drunk all night

Buddha
09-01-2015, 05:52 PM
Anybody going to the live site on honeysuckle for tonight's game?

plague
09-01-2015, 08:10 PM
2 Gypos costing us that first goal.
Neill and Schwarzer IN.

Retro Jet
09-01-2015, 08:12 PM
FMD...
I'm stuck in Germany without a stream...
Then I read this above!

NEINNNNNNNN!

plague
09-01-2015, 08:13 PM
Where's the 7 v 8 playoff being held?
Would be good to get tix to a Socceroos game.

Grimario
09-01-2015, 08:15 PM
2 Gypos costing us that first goal.
Neill and Schwarzer IN.

Harper must deadset hate Luongo. He blamed him for that goal even though it was Jedi who left the goal scorer unmarked to double the near post and cahill who came over late.

goaliepersempre
09-01-2015, 08:17 PM
anyone got a good stream?

Jeterpool
So is this delayed on sbs?

Jeterpool
See above comments.

Gee we look slow and static

Bus firmly parked

plague
09-01-2015, 08:18 PM
I don't enjoy watching Leckie play football.

Grimario
09-01-2015, 08:19 PM
So is this delayed on sbs?

Two hour delay abc

plague
09-01-2015, 08:19 PM
Wish BK was setting that wall.....

Jeterpool
09-01-2015, 08:33 PM
Timmy Cahill

Bloke can never retire. We won't score if he does.

goaliepersempre
09-01-2015, 08:34 PM
Cahill....

Jeterpool
09-01-2015, 08:34 PM
Oh and good job Luongo

plague
09-01-2015, 08:35 PM
See that. Keep the Gypos and Leckie out of the way and we score.
Simple football really.

Jeterpool
09-01-2015, 08:36 PM
We gotta stop playing for the pen. We keep diving and we won't get a legit one

Retro Jet
09-01-2015, 08:37 PM
Endlich...
Got onto it just after Timmy's goal.

http://www.yopika.tv/20150109/v-haha_sport_1_name-979468-54af7824ce5664.27211356.html

Grimario
09-01-2015, 08:38 PM
Oh and good job Luongo

Harper a bit shell shocked that the guy he hates did something.

plague
09-01-2015, 08:41 PM
Aussie diving is pretty embarrassing.

goaliepersempre
09-01-2015, 08:41 PM
but back to slow slow football

hawk
09-01-2015, 08:44 PM
sum dude just scored

At least the time waste and whinging can dry up.

Grimario
09-01-2015, 08:45 PM
sum dude just scored

Harper's gonna hate

Jeterpool
09-01-2015, 08:45 PM
sum dude just scored

Yeah he got in the way of Cahill in the process. What a prick!

Retro Jet
09-01-2015, 08:46 PM
Sweeet.
I saw that one!
Will these turds fake injuries now? Me thinks not.

goaliepersempre
09-01-2015, 08:46 PM
shit goalkeeping hahaha.

need to be careful

plague
09-01-2015, 08:47 PM
Franjic dun gud.

Jeterpool
09-01-2015, 08:47 PM
Harper's gonna hate

He's praising through gritted teeth

hawk
09-01-2015, 08:48 PM
Did some research its Sam Pang who scored.

Grimario
09-01-2015, 08:49 PM

Agahhahagfshahahga

Grimario
09-01-2015, 08:56 PM
Hope Harper is watching this where it was clearly pointed out as behich, Jedi and spira for that first goal, not Luongo.

goaliepersempre
09-01-2015, 08:59 PM
Hope Harper is watching this where it was clearly pointed out as behich, Jedi and spira for that first goal, not Luongo.

wouldnt care.. still would stick with luongo at fault.... I dont know how he still has a job FFS.....

Retro Jet
09-01-2015, 08:59 PM

Spitting image. I'll pay that one.

MFKS
09-01-2015, 09:01 PM
I think we can all agree that Birraz and BK are much better than the Kuwaiti keeper.

How the **** did he let the Luongo goal in?? It went almost over his head FFS

Thats 25pages on the foz if Birraz or BK done that

goaliepersempre
09-01-2015, 09:02 PM
good thing my stream is euro sport 2.. so no harper....

goaliepersempre
09-01-2015, 09:02 PM
I think we can all agree that Birraz and BK are much better than the Kuwaiti keeper.

haha yup did mention it.... not the best...

Grimario
09-01-2015, 09:03 PM
wouldnt care.. still would stick with luongo at fault.... I dont know how he still has a job FFS.....

From the 45 I remember, his one error was not tracking that guy after the back heel. And you know if it was him that had the pass to Kruse in space, he would have found him instead of troisi chipping directly to the keeper.

Jeterpool
09-01-2015, 09:11 PM

He was watching Cahill. Sif anyone else would score, let alone from a cross

Jeterpool
09-01-2015, 09:13 PM
May be a gypo but Jedinak is a beast compared to some of these blokes

Jeterpool
09-01-2015, 09:16 PM
Pv4 to blow up at ref dressed too close to Kuwait kit

Jeterpool
09-01-2015, 09:22 PM
3-1. Jedinak pen won by kruse