PDA

View Full Version : 2013-14 Transfers

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Jeterpool
18-06-2013, 02:30 PM
Neill has expressed his desire to play in an Australian capital city, if he plays in the HAL at all. He'll probably go for petrol-dollars again "to stay prepared for Brazil" and after which retire and starts random acadamies.

Ah ok. That kind-of rules us out. Stranger things have happened though.

Jeterpool
18-06-2013, 02:31 PM
would take him on say a 2 year deal, provided we had a speedy player alongside, and not on marquee wages.

That's the key for me too.

belchardo
18-06-2013, 03:06 PM
Neill has expressed his desire to play in an Australian capital city, if he plays in the HAL at all. He'll probably go for petrol-dollars again "to stay prepared for Brazil" and after which retire and starts random acadamies.

the light rail announced today might swing it for him.

My2BobsWorth
18-06-2013, 04:49 PM
We've been after him too many times to count!

Although check this out:

--------------Biraz----------------
Brillante---Chapman--CB----Goodwin
-------Zadkovich----Caravella------
--------------Brown---------------
---Taggart-----Heskey-----Burns---

BK, Neville, Regan, Cooper, Hoole, Gibbs, Virgilli, Bridges, Oxborrow

If Brown can hit GCU form, and our centre back is Ljubo-esque (aka a leader, brings the young guys in, etc) that doesn't look too bad IMO

lol at Brown

Tommyjet
18-06-2013, 07:39 PM
Bosnar and burns and ill be happy

northern_swan
18-06-2013, 07:43 PM
On a side note - would anyone consider a play for Lucas Neill? Command the backlie, teach Chappo and Regan. Sure there are negatives relating to this, but he's free and still playing for the national team.

My source tells me had been discussed and discarded. Apparently hard to work with, therefore the fear of feeling GVE's wrath and ending up running laps with Kasey Wherman had put management off.

Jets in talks with Nathan Burns

My source had said same a few weeks ago. Deal would rely on loan or free transfer as still on contract in Korea.

Jeterpool
18-06-2013, 07:52 PM
Interesting stuff NS. Cheers.

We'd be muppets not to discuss him at the very least. Shame we'd pass on a decent player that can help develop not only our squad by our nations next gen because if a fear he couldn't work with van egghead

northern_swan
18-06-2013, 08:59 PM
Interesting stuff NS. Cheers.

We'd be muppets not to discuss him at the very least. Shame we'd pass on a decent player that can help develop not only our squad by our nations next gen because if a fear he couldn't work with van egghead

Absolutely agree. He would be great for our youngsters and a solid short term investment down back. We would be better off without van eggnog, but management won't pay out his deal.

Fwiw I saw another side of Neill while in the old dart. He lobbed at a walkabout on Australia Day, dropped his card on the bar and left it there for an hour. Many thirsty Australians will remember that for a long time.

Jeterpool
18-06-2013, 09:33 PM
Can't have someone knowing more than lord eggship.

Rules out majority if football fraternity

furns
19-06-2013, 01:14 AM
we have been in talks with Nathan Burns since early last season.

Thomas477
19-06-2013, 09:24 AM
We'd be muppets not to discuss him at the very least.

Middleby has no ****ing clue what he's doing, that much is obvious. Might explain why Fury folded as well, with Middleby at the helm, they had no chance.

plague
19-06-2013, 11:56 AM
Middleby has no ****ing clue what he's doing, that much is obvious. Might explain why Fury folded as well, with Middleby at the helm, they had no chance.
Remo would have had all these mother****ers signed sealed and delivered months ago.

I swear Middleby is the only bloke who pays full price for Persian rugs.

Middleby out.

Remo/Con in.

Premy
24-06-2013, 01:12 PM
Bosnar looks to be on his way to UAE FFS Middleby OUT.

Tommyjet
24-06-2013, 03:01 PM
Spiranovic will do then

militiamon
24-06-2013, 03:11 PM
News just in, Remo is meeting up with a potential signing in Rome this weekend. He is a former international and has played in the EPL and Serie A, played mostly as a playmaker. He got busted for doing drugs/beating up his girlfriend back in the early 2000s but Con is keen to sign him.

...I miss the good old days :'(

Beeen
24-06-2013, 04:42 PM
Livio Prieto :wub:

OmeletteDuFromage
24-06-2013, 06:59 PM
Spira training with Victree.

sammydog
24-06-2013, 07:57 PM
I don't get all the Middleby out stuff. The guy is running a club owned by a man who is losing money hand over fist and selling everything to try and resolve his debts. Money is not going to be free flowing.

I have no doubt if the club could afford it GVE would be gone.

We got Heskey, there is no way Tinks is going to spring for an Australian marquee and Bosnar was never going to fit in the salary cap. Probably explains why the club never really pursued Kewell.

I'd be judging Middleby after Tinks gets his shit together, until then the club will continue to be a basket case.

MFKS
24-06-2013, 08:08 PM
I don't get all the Middleby out stuff. The guy is running a club owned by a man who is losing money hand over fist and selling everything to try and resolve his debts. Money is not going to be free flowing.

I have no doubt if the club could afford it GVE would be gone.

We got Heskey, there is no way Tinks is going to spring for an Australian marquee and Bosnar was never going to fit in the salary cap. Probably explains why the club never really pursued Kewell.

I'd be judging Middleby after Tinks gets his shit together, until then the club will continue to be a basket case.

So despite of all Tinks financial issues being an excuse for Middlebys ineptness please enlighten us all as to what he brings to the club??

pv4
24-06-2013, 08:14 PM
Tarek elrich possibly being signed by adelaide

24-06-2013, 08:28 PM
Palmer is clearly one of the best sports administrators the world has ever seen and GVE is better than Sir Alex. So must be Middleby f&*king things up for us.

sammydog
24-06-2013, 08:29 PM
So despite of all Tinks financial issues being an excuse for Middlebys ineptness please enlighten us all as to what he brings to the club??

Everyones grievances on here seem to be his inability to get rid of GVE and the recruitment of players.

The GVE thing seems obvious. The club is stuck with him. Pretty sure GVE was at the club before Middleby came on as CEO. I want GVE gone as much as the next person, but I can also appreciate why the club hasn't done it.

On the recruitment of players. I don't think our squad is far off the mark. Sure we need some experience in the centre of defence and attacking midfield but it comes at a cost and I can also see why we can't pony up and use the second marquee status. I still think on paper we under achieved last season. I'll blame the manager and not the CEO for that.

People whinge at the PR dribble that comes out of the QandA sessions. Seriously, what CEO doesn't do that. You want him to come out and tear strips off the FFA or the players or GVE? That isn't going to happen.

I can't see too much that Middleby is doing all that wrong.

24-06-2013, 08:35 PM
Sorry Sammydog but your whole arguement is based on flawed knowledge. Middleby was here before GVE and as such had a say in his return. Since its been all down hill since the pretender returned one can safely say Middleby has failed. RM and GvE can get the f&*k out.

sammydog
24-06-2013, 08:40 PM
Sorry Sammydog but your whole arguement is based on flawed knowledge. Middleby was here before GVE and as such had a say in his return. Since its been all down hill since the pretender returned one can safely say Middleby has failed. RM and GvE can get the f&*k out.

I'll stand corrected on that, still doesn't change my opinion.

Tommyjet
24-06-2013, 09:21 PM
I think it's pretty obvious that the cb we sign will have a major influence on how our season pans out, even more so than heskey IMO, but unless its a known Aussie I just can't see the current management picking up the right import

plague
24-06-2013, 09:29 PM
I don't get all the Middleby out stuff.........Money is not going to be free flowing.

Especially when he gives away our leading scorer for free.
That's why I don't like the job he's doing.

GazFish35
24-06-2013, 10:41 PM
Did Middleby sign GVE on the extension though?

militiamon
24-06-2013, 10:41 PM
Didn't Middleby turn down signing Griff?

Shunned for eternity. imo.

q-money
24-06-2013, 10:59 PM
maybe u should meet him in the carpark

Premy
24-06-2013, 11:23 PM
Back to transfers
Richie Garcia is apparently on the outer at heart, he would be a top No10 we desperately need.
Also GVE has a interview on soccer stoppage time next week should be interesting

Thomas477
24-06-2013, 11:58 PM
Didn't Middleby turn down signing Griff?

Shunned for eternity. imo.

It's primarily this, tbh. That, and we want they best at our club, but we have a CEO who's only past experience was to run a club into the ground!

Issues I've had with Robbie:
What experience does he have running a club? Seriously.
The move away from Gold
Not signing Griffo
The debacle of the kits during 11/12 (FFS it couldn't have been that hard)
The continual BS coming from him
Us not being interested in Flores when he's a number 10 and that's what we need (GvE's words)
Letting RyGriff go for next to nothing. That cost us a finals spot this season.
GvE's contract extension.
Him signing players GvE didn't want, given that worked so well with Con and Jardel.
The average handling of things from him in the whole Tinks licence dummy spit fiasco
The departure of the club captain Jobe Wheelhouse mid season in what appears unhappy circumstances
The alleged interference from him in team selection (ie talking GVE into playing Bridges)
The signing of a crock in Culina on his watch
The general pissing away of the fortune we have had from Tinks coughing up cash to build a club ie with what Tinks has given to us we should have seen more success
The piss poor way the club have treated fan faves when departing the club
The lack of marquee after Culina was punted despite him telling us we were getting someone
The continual jobs for the mates shit Zane Dodd etc being given jobs
The way the club withdrew a contract offer they had made for Franny Jeffers in pretty poor manner
The mid strength beer shit we endure at Stade de Newy
The letting the FFA move our game against Nix to suit the Kiwis WCQ at the expense of our club and upcoming matches and doing **** all to stop it
Not offering Lord Griffo a contract. At least publically announce we offered a deal. That way it was Lord Griffos decision to snub us not the clubs fault for not offering a decent deal. Play the game of public perception better
General shitness for being a wanker who refused to play for Newy after the NSL finished and the HAL started by signing for Smurfs for a few more dollars despite being a ****ing local and the captain

As for Tinks losing money, well with the TV deal likiley to cover most of the cap next season, surely our sponsorships and memberships deals will be enough to cover any excess costs, so there's no real reason that we can cover the cap and Heskey at a minimum.

25-06-2013, 12:18 AM
Summed up nicely Thomas. Sure there are more cock ups but that pretty much sums up RM.

Blackmac79
25-06-2013, 07:53 AM
Have we still only signed joey Gibbs?

Jeterpool
25-06-2013, 08:01 AM
Have we still only signed joey Gibbs?

And Speroni

q-money
25-06-2013, 09:09 AM
eh?

pv4
25-06-2013, 09:10 AM
And Speroni

Solari

As a third/youth keeper

Jeterpool
25-06-2013, 09:28 AM
Solari

As a third/youth keeper

Sorry - thought of the ex (?) Crystal Palace keeper. Blame just getting up for that one.

pv4
25-06-2013, 04:13 PM
Apparently Jiri Jarosik has been offered to a few HAL clubs, with Melbourne Heart confirming they wouldn't be chasing him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ji%C5%99%C3%AD_Jaro%C5%A1%C3%ADk

Full name JiřÃ* JaroÅ¡Ã*k
Date of birth 27 October 1977 (age 35)
Place of birth ÚstÃ* nad Labem, Czechoslovakia
Height 1.96 m (6 ft 5 in)[1]
Playing position Defender / Midfielder
Club information
Current club Sparta Prague
Number 39
Youth career
1985–1986 Komastav Chuderov
1986–1988 ÚstÃ* nad Labem
1988–1990 Teplice
1990–1996 Sparta Prague
Senior career*
Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
1996–2003 Sparta Prague 101 (20)
1997–1999 → Slovan Liberec (loan) 39 (2)
2003–2005 CSKA Moscow 56 (12)
2005–2006 Chelsea 14 (0)
2005–2006 → Birmingham City (loan) 24 (5)
2006–2008 Celtic 33 (5)
2008–2010 Krylia Sovetov 47 (4)
2010–2011 Real Zaragoza 55 (5)
2011– Sparta Prague 47 (5)
National team
2000–2005 Czech Republic 23 (0)
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 14 June 2013.
† Appearances (Goals).

hawk
25-06-2013, 05:11 PM
Full name JiřÃ* JarošÃ*k
Date of birth 27 October 1977 (age 35)
This fits our policy of "signing no one in their prime" quite well.

MFKS
25-06-2013, 06:30 PM
It's primarily this, tbh. That, and we want they best at our club, but we have a CEO who's only past experience was to run a club into the ground!

Issues I've had with Robbie:
What experience does he have running a club? Seriously.
The move away from Gold
Not signing Griffo
The debacle of the kits during 11/12 (FFS it couldn't have been that hard)
The continual BS coming from him
Us not being interested in Flores when he's a number 10 and that's what we need (GvE's words)
Letting RyGriff go for next to nothing. That cost us a finals spot this season.
GvE's contract extension.
Him signing players GvE didn't want, given that worked so well with Con and Jardel.

As for Tinks losing money, well with the TV deal likiley to cover most of the cap next season, surely our sponsorships and memberships deals will be enough to cover any excess costs, so there's no real reason that we can cover the cap and Heskey at a minimum.

Add

The average handling of things from him in the whole Tinks licence dummy spit fiasco

The departure of the club captain Jobe Wheelhouse mid season in what appears unhappy circumstances

The alleged interference from him in team selection (ie talking GVE into playing Bridges)

The signing of a crock in Culina on his watch

The general pissing away of the fortune we have had from Tinks coughing up cash to build a club ie with what Tinks has given to us we should have seen more success

The piss poor way the club have treated fan faves when departing the club

The lack of marquee after Culina was punted despite him telling us we were getting someone

The way the club withdrew a contract offer they had made for Franny Jeffers in pretty poor manner

The mid strength beer shit we endure at Stade de Newy

The letting the FFA move our game against Nix to suit the Kiwis WCQ at the expense of our club and upcoming matches and doing **** all to stop it

Not offering Lord Griffo a contract. At least publically announce we offered a deal. That way it was Lord Griffos decision to snub us not the clubs fault for not offering a decent deal. Play the game of public perception better

General shitness for being a wanker who refused to play for Newy after the NSL finished and the HAL started by signing for Smurfs for a few more dollars despite being a ****ing local and the captain

I could go on

Thomas477
25-06-2013, 07:46 PM
Have updated my post, thanks MFKS :gent:

GazFish35
25-06-2013, 09:01 PM

I'd argue Zane's appointment was a good one.
A UEFA "A license" shouldn't be sneezed at. Nor his experience at QPR in the academy.

My2BobsWorth
25-06-2013, 09:06 PM
I'd argue Bridgeys start was a good and overdue one.

ForeverRed
25-06-2013, 09:07 PM

Why didn't the job go to a true and tried local coach, I know off 3 who put their hand cup

GazFish35
25-06-2013, 09:25 PM
Why didn't the job go to a true and tried local coach, I know off 3 who put their hand cup

No offence to the local league, but a UEFA A license qualified coach with recent experience in professional European leagues as a player and experience in youth academy coaching in a professional club such as QPR has to trump most other options.

Captain Obvious
25-06-2013, 10:31 PM

maybe they were shit

ForeverRed
25-06-2013, 10:52 PM
maybe they were shit
like deans

MFKS
27-06-2013, 09:37 AM
A UEFA "A license" shouldn't be sneezed at. Nor his experience at QPR in the academy.

Full credit for Zane for getting that certification not knocking that. Also love the bloke is Newy. More irritated with the jobs for the boys aspect of his appointment.

Zanes CV wasn't necessarily sparkling enough to warrant the gig. The gig came about from the prior relationship Zane had with Middleby. Remember sitting just next to Zane and Middleby at a Jets Yoof game just after Zane got the gig. The pair of them were chatting away and from the sound of the conversation they knew one another pretty closely

GazFish35
27-06-2013, 11:18 AM
yeah, far better to take a punt on someone with little accreditation and who you dont know, than someone with the one the most highly regarded training credantials in world football, experience in professional set ups as a player abnd as a coach, and that you know you can work with.
hard to call Zanes' apointment as "jobs for the boys" appointment.

Dodd's is a little strange though, non-newy boy, no experience in the role, or playing/working at a higher level.

MFKS
27-06-2013, 11:29 AM
yeah, far better to take a punt on someone with little accreditation and who you dont know, than someone with the one the most highly regarded training credantials in world football, experience in professional set ups as a player abnd as a coach, and that you know you can work with.
hard to call Zanes' apointment as "jobs for the boys" appointment.

Dodd's is a little strange though, non-newy boy, no experience in the role, or playing/working at a higher level.

Middelby >> Fury
Dodd >> Fury

There is the connection

Jeterpool
12-07-2013, 03:40 PM
Matt Thompson looking to head overseas.

training with Brisbane for fitness only.

Source: The World Game

GazFish35
12-07-2013, 06:35 PM
Overseas........ So he's after a gig at Wellington?

Jeterpool
12-07-2013, 08:51 PM
Overseas........ So he's after a gig at Wellington?

He he. Nah, apparently Asia

Premy
23-07-2013, 03:48 PM
David Trezeguet at 35yrs old signed a 1yr contract with Argentina's Newell's Old Boys should we make a move for him next year if Heskey doesn't perform/resign after this season

Tommyjet
23-07-2013, 05:11 PM
IMO yes

Tommyjet
23-07-2013, 05:12 PM
Better if he was here while del piero was tho given their long term strike partnership

joel31
25-07-2013, 10:17 AM
Burns is official on a season loan
http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/newcastlejets/news-display/Jets-sign-Nathan-Burns/71310

Grimario
25-07-2013, 10:20 AM
You beauty.

New fan group being formed. The Burns Unit. Going to be in the corner near the ambulance. Submitting the paperwork as we speak.

BodyNovo
25-07-2013, 10:21 AM
honestly about time the club pulled through with a signing like this.

great news.

joel31
25-07-2013, 10:27 AM
honestly about time the club pulled through with a signing like this.

great news.

Shame its only a loan

BodyNovo
25-07-2013, 10:32 AM
that actually doesn't worry me. if he plays out of his skin and enjoys his time, i have no doubt he could probably stand his ground a little and get a release, transfer, whatever.

but at the same time it is the jerks and they are capable of f**king it up. (probably will f**k it up and he will join sydney fc)

joel31
25-07-2013, 10:52 AM
AUSTRALIAN Christian Esposito is again set to be loaned out by Italy's Novara after the club was relegated from the Serie A at the end of last season.

The Adelaide-born attacking midfielder who turns 23 on Tuesday is reportedly keen to play A-League football.

Esposito did his apprenticeship with renowned Italian development club Atalanta, made his Serie B with AlbinoLeffe in 2009, before Novara signed him on a four-year deal in 2010.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/premier-league/rumour-mill-chelsea-close-in-on-rooney-manchester-united-told-to-stay-away-from-cesc-fabregas/story-fn8uzjqx-1226683836174
Don't know much about him but must be decent to be contracted at a Serie A club

q-money
25-07-2013, 11:13 AM
must be decent to be contracted at a Serie A club

max vieri was at juventus m8

plague
25-07-2013, 12:07 PM
Errrrrr guys, apparently it's only a half season loan.
Burns leaves again on January 10th.

Classic Middleby if true.

militiamon
25-07-2013, 12:40 PM
max vieri was at juventus m8

lol

FaroeMassive
25-07-2013, 01:59 PM
It shows how bad our usual signings are when we get excited about signing a bloke who has barely played in 2-3 years on 4 month loan.

It will not greatly improve our on field fortunes.

Grimario
25-07-2013, 02:01 PM
It shows how bad our usual signings are when we get excited about signing a bloke who has barely played in 2-3 years on 4 month loan.

Massive step up from Joey ****ing Giblets.

militiamon
25-07-2013, 02:54 PM
Remember that Burns was the original Rojas, Kruse, Oar, Leckie etc.
If he has a similar impact to what he had with Adelaide then this is a huge boost for us.

De-Champ
25-07-2013, 03:24 PM
If he is so good why did the Korean mob let him go? (even if for loan)

plague
25-07-2013, 03:27 PM

Don't forget we've been chasing him for 3 years in order to have him for 4 months.

WD Middleby and co.

Grimario
25-07-2013, 03:28 PM
Remember that Burns was the original Rojas, Kruse, Oar, Leckie etc.
If he has a similar impact to what he had with Adelaide then this is a huge boost for us.

Remember that the league has come a LONG way from the time that Burns was the original golden child. Djite was a golden child at the same club as Burns and look how awesome he is now after coming back, tail between his legs.

I refuse to get my hopes up. REFUSE. I can't be hurt again. :soapbox:

russjaybee
25-07-2013, 04:07 PM
It's 4 months? How is that meant to be useful for the team in a longer timeframe?

FFS

So.. he plays well scores for us and becomes an important part of the squad. Loan ends and his Korean club are keen to keep him since he performed. We're stuck with a team that's grown reliant on a player that wasn't going to stick around.

MFKS
26-07-2013, 01:03 AM
It's 4 months? How is that meant to be useful for the team in a longer timeframe?

FFS

So.. he plays well scores for us and becomes an important part of the squad. Loan ends and his Korean club are keen to keep him since he performed. We're stuck with a team that's grown reliant on a player that wasn't going to stick around.

Didn't we do that before we Lord Griffo Ryan Griffo etc

ForeverRed
26-07-2013, 07:14 AM
Good signing burns

Premy
26-07-2013, 04:16 PM
Melbourne Heart sign Aziz Behich on a year long loan. One would think if they get that big name Marquee their in the market for they should be in for a good season.

Grimario
26-07-2013, 04:42 PM
Matt McKay just released by Changchun Yatai

plague
26-07-2013, 05:43 PM

We should go after him now so by the 2017-18 season we can have him for a few months.

Middleby out.

GazFish35
26-07-2013, 05:50 PM
Nah we only want fringe socceroos, not first 11

Grimario
26-07-2013, 05:55 PM
Don't be ridiculous. He is just the kind of player we are guaranteed to go for as the creative player in the front third with the X factor we have always needed.

The X factor in this case being that he once won a talent contest as a kid and got a blue ribbon. We will then obviously play him at left wingback after Goodwin goes to Leeds.

plague
26-07-2013, 05:56 PM
Nah we only want fringe socceroos, not first 11

Don't stress Mr Fish, GVE will make it his personal mission to turn McKay into a steaming pile of turd like he has so many other decent players.

Never doubt GVE's ability.

Jeterpool
26-07-2013, 11:55 PM
Should make him trial against Alex Smith.

In all honesty we could do with a player of McKay's ability, I just don't know where. Number 10 role or is that going to Burns' spot?

MFKS
26-07-2013, 11:55 PM
Don't stress Mr Fish, GVE will make it his personal mission to turn McKay into a steaming pile of turd like he has so many other decent players

Never doubt GVE's ability.

From what I have seen of McKay recently for the Socceroos McKay is doing a good enough job himself of playing like a steaming pile of turd.

GVE's touch ain't required

seldom
27-07-2013, 12:05 AM

PV4 loves him ...from memory

hawk
27-07-2013, 12:24 AM
From what I have seen of McKay recently for the Socceroos McKay is doing a good enough job himself of playing like a steaming pile of turd.

GVE's touch ain't required

this. he 'aint' that great

front2
27-07-2013, 01:12 AM
Mckay should be signed just to increase our clubs bursting stock of midfielders we have in the G VE systems.

militiamon
27-07-2013, 01:17 AM
If Ange brought him to Melbourne that would be the Premiership sealed for them right there and then.

pv4
27-07-2013, 09:25 AM
PV4 loves him ...from memory

I love him as a midfielder. And especially at HAL level.

I was on his case one particular game for the Socceroos when playing at left back - moreso on Holger's case for playing him out of position. I even called that he'd cost us the game - which he did.

27-07-2013, 09:57 AM
Covers a thousand miles a game with his big engines but effectively shit. Right up GVE's alley.

pv4
27-07-2013, 10:14 AM
Should make him trial against Alex Smith.

In all honesty we could do with a player of McKay's ability, I just don't know where. Number 10 role or is that going to Burns' spot?

Burns is planned to be used on the left side of a three-pronged attack line. Hence why all of my proposed lineups have had Goodwin at LB.

McKay isn't really a number 10 either. We really don't have a need for him while we have Zad & Caravella on our books - unless Zad is going to play RB where he's wasted a bit.

militiamon
27-07-2013, 01:20 PM
lol @ the short memories in this thread.

Remember that he was rated our best player at the Asian cup by everyone for a reason. Lack of game time and a change of coaching has clearly affected him, but if he signed for Victory I think he'd be back to his best pretty quickly.

Tommyjet
27-07-2013, 02:12 PM
As much as i see the good in our current midfield combatants, McKay> zads, zenon

Jeterpool
27-07-2013, 02:27 PM
Burns is planned to be used on the left side of a three-pronged attack line. Hence why all of my proposed lineups have had Goodwin at LB.

McKay isn't really a number 10 either. We really don't have a need for him while we have Zad & Caravella on our books - unless Zad is going to play RB where he's wasted a bit.

Thanks Pv4. I've lost a bit of touch with what's going on the last few weeks so cheers. I didn't realise Burns was for the left. I expected him as #10 or right

plague
27-07-2013, 02:36 PM
Relax lads.
Don't even bother having the McKay debate. We ain't getting him, and if we ever did it would be in 4 years time on a 3 month loan.

Classic Middleby.

parksey
27-07-2013, 05:50 PM
lol @ the short memories in this thread.

Remember that he was rated our best player at the Asian cup by everyone for a reason. Lack of game time and a change of coaching has clearly affected him, but if he signed for Victory I think he'd be back to his best pretty quickly.

Exactly. People on here are legit rubbishing the idea of signing a guy who starts every game for Australia.

MFKS
27-07-2013, 06:03 PM
Exactly. People on here are legit rubbishing the idea of signing a guy who starts every game for Australia.

So on that basis you feel we should sign Lucas Neill and Brett Holminhio???

sammydog
27-07-2013, 07:20 PM

Rubbishing everything about the club/players/other supporters is the status quo in this place.

My2BobsWorth
27-07-2013, 07:30 PM
Matty would be good, but who would come here

27-07-2013, 07:33 PM
Only those who like to leave there spot in the game day squad up to wether GVE pulls there name out of a hat when making his weekly selections.

russjaybee
27-07-2013, 08:24 PM
McKay is definitely not a no10. When at brisbane he played as a box to box midfielder, him and murdocca kept their midfield ticking.

He's a great player but he's not really in a position where we're lacking players. Would prefer a decent CB or a proper LB, not to mention possibly a striker if/when heskey bails.

We wont get him imo, we wont even go for him.

steve136
27-07-2013, 08:34 PM
McKay is 10x the player Zad or Caravella will ever be. He'd replace one of those guys easily.

But he'd never come to the jets anyway.

GazFish35
27-07-2013, 10:43 PM
^^^
Truth bomb!

Premy
27-07-2013, 11:03 PM
Rubbishing everything about the club/players/other supporters is the status quo in this place.

Best thing ever posted in forum history

plague
27-07-2013, 11:11 PM

To be fair the club/players/other supporters provide plenty of ammo sometimes.

GazFish35
27-07-2013, 11:19 PM

Lets not kid ourselves about the standard of our squad, or the aleague.
I'd take Neill and Holman in a heartbeat.

They'd kill this league..... and then not be fit enough for Brazil.

its called a win-win.
Covey's 4th Habit!

Grimario
27-07-2013, 11:38 PM

its called a win-win.
Covey's 4th Habit!

Holman maybe.... but Neill didn't exactly kill it for Sydney last season.

militiamon
28-07-2013, 12:05 AM

Yep, I thought the same thing when I saw that post. Give Neill a proper season and he'd easily be one of the best players in the league if only for his experience and leadership qualities.
Same with Holman, might look a bit sloppy when he's up against AAA opponents, but he'd look like Messi in comparison to most of the culprits in the A-League.

parksey
28-07-2013, 01:19 PM

:oops:

MFKS
28-07-2013, 06:15 PM
Same with Holman, might look a bit sloppy when he's up against AAA opponents, but he'd look like Messi in comparison to most of the culprits in the A-League.

I doubt it Militia. That bloke plays with the grace of a one legged man at an arse kicking comp regardless of who he plays against. How this bloke ever played for his country or got a gig as a professional footballer is the stuff for an Royal Commission and ICAC enquiry

seldom
28-07-2013, 06:36 PM
Yep, I thought the same thing when I saw that post. Give Neill a proper season and he'd easily be one of the best players in the league if only for his experience and leadership qualities.

Really ???????

parksey
28-07-2013, 06:56 PM
I doubt it Militia. That bloke plays with the grace of a one legged man at an arse kicking comp regardless of who he plays against. How this bloke ever played for his country or got a gig as a professional footballer is the stuff for an Royal Commission and ICAC enquiry

I have a feeling you're just geeing us up here but you do realise this guy is currently on the books of an EPL club?

parksey
28-07-2013, 06:57 PM
whu neidz howman lol wi hav roobn zadkavic

ForeverRed
28-07-2013, 07:11 PM
When will the jets sign a centre back, they desperately need one

Tommyjet
28-07-2013, 09:46 PM
Gee some people on here really struggle with reality. Holman struggle in the a league. No wonder many I know don't bother with this forum anymore. Me, I enjoy the laughs.:lol:

Wilso8948
28-07-2013, 10:40 PM
Agreed

Blackmac79
28-07-2013, 10:46 PM
Lolman

pv4
29-07-2013, 07:12 AM
My argument is McKay is great, no doubt (as a midfielder!). But the Aust Marquee/leftover squad spot would be better utilised elsewhere. TBH I'd prefer Neill over McKay. If we get McKay, as I said he knocks either Zads or Caravella to the bench or out of position. To me, they are then wasted. Wasted decent money, wasted team harmony (possibly) - all for a player that yes is great, but tbh I'd much more prefer someone different.

It's also hard to say whether Holman would kill the A-League if he came back IMO. I'm not saying he wouldn't, just saying it's hard to say. Two players that returned from big leagues and have relatively failed on the field have been Sterjovski and Emerton. Militia, the person saying "holman plays epl, would wipe league" was actually the first person to call Emerton being a failure on the field. I know they are different styles of players etc - all I'm saying is it's not so simple to just assume they will or will not kill it until you see it.

Premy
29-07-2013, 07:32 AM
Gee some people on here really struggle with reality. Holman struggle in the a league. No wonder many I know don't bother with this forum anymore. Me, I enjoy the laughs.:lol:

Please tell me which A-League club he played for I remember him at Parramatta Power but from my memory they never played in the A-League maybe you should join the people that don't bother with the forum

Premy
29-07-2013, 07:34 AM
I have a feeling you're just geeing us up here but you do realise this guy is currently on the books of an EPL club?

When did Al Nasr get promoted to the EPL?

russjaybee
29-07-2013, 10:23 AM
So many lolz

parksey
29-07-2013, 11:29 AM
When did Al Nasr get promoted to the EPL?

yeah, forgot about that.

Premy
07-08-2013, 11:25 PM
Big spending Russian club Anzhi are looking to offload their big name stars and cut the cost of wages. Samuel Eto is on their books and earns a bucketload of money per week (€350k a week I think) considering his got his pay day already it would be awesome to see him in the A-League. I would expect big spending Chinese or UAE clubs would be throwing themselves at him and plenty of European clubs would still love his signature still one can dream but right.

russjaybee
08-08-2013, 10:07 AM
None of those Anzhi players will get anywhere near the a-league (imo).
We're not competing in that market mate.

Eto'o would absolutely destroy the a-league though, would be fun to watch.

De-Champ
08-08-2013, 10:25 AM
Chelsea are looking at Eto'o

joel31
08-08-2013, 10:39 AM
None of those Anzhi players will get anywhere near the a-league (imo).
We're not competing in that market mate.

Eto'o would absolutely destroy the a-league though, would be fun to watch.
Willian as well would beat players like 5 year olds

matty666
11-08-2013, 08:58 PM
mel mclaughlin to channel 10

ForeverRed
11-08-2013, 11:24 PM
foxtel should be taken off air

Jetmaster
12-08-2013, 08:53 AM
I'm glad others felt this deserved to be in the transfer thread - bigger news than McKay !

This is bad, very bad.....in fact, it's a disgrace. Mel was one thing going for football that the other codes didn't have. A female presenter who had the beauty, plus actually showed that she knows the game.

Not only does she leave behind her football knowledge for the brainless activity that is 20/20 cricket, but she leaves her droves of male fans to go on a breakfast show with Ita, ie - appeal to ladies.

Obviously doing it for the money and fully expect her to get pregnant next - an era is at an end. Hope she realises the chance to mix with guys like Timmy, Rio, Harry, Becks et al won't be happening over at Ten.

Hopefully Fox will put a little work into Lara Pitt or find a hot new talent.

furns
12-08-2013, 11:31 AM
It must be a shitload of money to make working with Joe Hildebrand bearable

Grimario
12-08-2013, 12:12 PM
Crystal Palace back in for Milligan, have upped their bid to $1.5m appaz.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1163366/Palace-ups-ante-in-Milligan-chase

Mark Milligan’s proposed switch to Crystal Palace has moved a step closer with the newly-promoted Premier League club upping its offer to Melbourne Victory to around $1.5 million.
Palace prepares $1m move for MilliganMilligan coy on Crystal Palace link
Sources in England have confirmed that this latest bid is the third made by Eagles boss Ian Holloway for the 28-year-old Australia midfielder.

Though Victory boss Ange Postecoglou is desperate to keep one of his prize assets, it’s believed Milligan has told him of his desire to fulfil his dream of playing in England’s top flight, with Palace offering a three-year contract.

Holloway wants to meld Milligan with fellow Australian midfielder, Mile Jedinak, in the club’s engine room and is confident of getting his man.

The clubs were locked in negotiations on Sunday night with Palace keen to tie up a deal before its Premier League campaign kicks off against Tottenham Hotspur at Selhurst Park on Sunday 18 August.

Milligan, who has two years left on his Victory contract having joined the club from Japanese team Jef United in July 2012, has enjoyed a breakthrough year for Australia, playing in all three of June's FIFA 2014 World Cup qualifiers against Japan, Jordan and Iraq – ironically in place of his potential new club-mate, Jedinak.

Despite a move now looking imminent, Milligan’s agent Buddy Farah told The World Game: “Mark has a contract with Melbourne Victory and unless we get a phone call, or Mark gets a tap on the shoulder to say otherwise, then at this stage it's business as usual for him.â€

Milligan has stated he would only consider moving to a club where he would be playing regularly heading towards Brazil, with sources confirming that Holloway views him as part of his first team plans

cobra23
13-08-2013, 10:53 AM
he will be back in 6 months anyway, then sign for another a-league club

Premy
26-08-2013, 08:20 PM
Dario Vidosic to Sion F.C (Switzerland)

26-08-2013, 09:57 PM
^ Hope it all works out for him and gets good game time. Still reckon he lends great x factor for our world cup squad.

Jeterpool
26-08-2013, 10:45 PM
That's a massive blow to Adelaide and the league. Always rated him as a player. Good luck to him

Grimario
28-08-2013, 12:58 PM
Dario Vidosic to Sion F.C (Switzerland)

Word is they got 700k. Great deal for them if true, especially considering he only had a year remaining on his contract.

Premy
28-08-2013, 01:35 PM
Word is they got 700k. Great deal for them if true, especially considering he only had a year remaining on his contract.

There also link to Zullo now

Grimario
28-08-2013, 01:43 PM
There also link to Zullo now

Yep. Apparently in an interview a while back the coach said they had bad squad balance - too many centre backs, not enough left backs. So Fyfe leaves and they get linked with Zullo. Two great attacking fullbacks, both who can play further up the pitch if required. Great bit of business if it happens.

Premy
29-08-2013, 10:47 PM
Zullo to Adelaide on season long loan Confirmed

Local Rules
30-08-2013, 02:45 PM
Listing from FFA of all transfers so far.

Adelaide United

In
Michael Zullo (loaned from FC Utrecht)
Tarek Elrich (from Western Sydney Wanderers)
Isaias Sanchez (from Ponferradina, Spain)
Sergio Cirio (from Hospitalet, Spain)
Jordan Elsey (elevated from youth side)
Awer Mabil (elevated from youth side)

Out
Dario Vidosic (to FC Utrecht)
Iain Fyfe (to Mes Kerman, Iran)
Iain Ramsay (to Melbourne Heart)
Tomi Juric (to Western Sydney Wanderers)
Fabian Barbiero (to Croydon Kings, South Australian Premier League)
Evan Kostopoulos (released)

Brisbane Roar

In
Matt McKay (from Changchun Yatai)
Liam Miller (from Perth Glory)
Diogo Ferreira (from Melbourne Victory)
Dimitri Petratos (from Kelantan, Malaysia)
Corey Brown (elevated from youth side)
George Lambadardis (elevated from youth side)

Out
Massimo Murdocca (to Melbourne Heart)
Matt Jurman (to Sydney FC)
Mitch Nichols (to Melbourne Victory)
Ben Halloran (to Fortuna Dusselldorf, Germany)
Stefan Nijland (to PEC, Zwolle, Netherlands)
Steven Lustica (to Hadjuk Split, Croatia – loan expired)
James Meyer (released)

Central Coast Mariners

In
Liam Reddy (from Sydney United 58 FC)
Marcos Flores (from Melbourne Victory)
Tom Slater (from Sydney FC)
Storm Roux (from Perth Glory)
Matt Simon (from Chunnam Dragons, South Korea)
Marcel Seip (from VVV Venlo, Netherlands)
Michael Neill (elevated from youth side)
Hayden Morton (elevated from youth side)

Out
Pedj Bojic (to Sydney FC)
Oliver Bozanic (to FC Luzern, Switzerland)
Bernie Ibini (to Shanghai SIPG, China)
Mattew Ryan (to Club Brugge, Belgium)
Daniel McBreen (to Shanghai Dongya F.C – on loan until 30/10/2013)
Brad McDonald (to Central Coast Mariners Academy – NSW Premier League)
Adriano Pelegrino (to Central Coast Mariners Academy – NSW Premier League)
Patrick Zwaanswijk (retired)

Melbourne Heart

In
Orlando Engelaar (from PSV Eindhoven)
Massimo Murdocca (from Brisbane Roar)
Iain Ramsay (from Adelaide United)
Tando Velaphi (from Melbourne Victory)
Harry Kewell (from Al-Gharafa, Qatar)
Robert Wielaert (from Roda JC Kerkrade, Netherlands)
Aziz Behich (from Bursaspor, Turkey)
Sam Mitchinson (elevated from youth side)
Stefan Mauk (elevated from youth side)

Out
Cameron Edwards (Perth Glory)
Josip Tadic (HNK Rijeka, Croatia)
Eli Babalj (AZ Alkmaar, Netherlands)
Simon Colosimo (to Dempo, India)
Clint Bolton (retired)
Matt Thompson (released)
Fred (released)
Marcel Meeuwis (released)
Jamie Coyne (released)

Melbourne Victory

In
Mitch Nichols (from Brisbane Roar)
Kosta Barbarouses (from FC Alania)

Out
Marcos Flores (to Central Coast Mariners)
Diogo Ferreira (to Brisbane Roar)
Tando Velaphi (to Melbourne Heart)
Marco Rojas (to VfB Stuttgart, Germany)
Daniel Mullen (Dalian Aerbin, China)
Billy Celeski (to Al Shaab, UAE)
Sam Gallagher (to Richmond, Victorian Premier League)
Spase Dilevski (released)
Theo Markelis (released)
Matthew Foschini (released)

Newcastle Jets

In
Kew Jaliens (from Wisla Kraków)
Joey Gibbs (from Western Sydney Wanderers)
Nathan Burns (from Incheon United, South Korea – on loan)
John Solari (from White City, South Australian Premier League)

Out
Jack Duncan (to Perth Glory)
Bernardo Ribeiro (to IFK Mariehamn, Finland)
Ryan Griffiths (mid-season transfer to Beijing Baxy)
Dominik Ritter (released)
Marko Jesic (released)

Perth Glory

In
Ljubo Milicevic (from Melbourne Knights)
Isaka Cernak (from Wellington Phoenix)
Cameron Edwards (from Melbourne Heart)
Jack Duncan (from Newcastle Jets)
Jamie Maclaren (from Blackburn Rovers, England)
Ryan Edwards (from Reading, England – on loan)
Sidnei Sciola (from Alki Larnaca, Cyprus)
Matthew Davies (elevated from youth side)
Riley Woodcock (elevated from youth side)
Daniel De Silva (elevated from youth side)

Out
Liam Miller (to Brisbane Roar)
Dean Heffernan (to Western Sydney Wanderers)
Storm Roux (to Central Coast Mariners)
Lewis Italiano (to Wellington Phoenix)
Evan Berger (to Marconi Stallions, NSW Premier League)
Neil Young (to Perth Glory coaching staff)
Nick Ward (released)

Sydney FC

In
Pedj Bojic (from Central Coast Mariners)
Matt Jurman (from Brisbane Roar)
Marc Warren (from Airdrie United, Scotland)
Corey Gameiro (from Fulham, England)
Nick Carle (from Bani Yas - UAE returns from loan)
Richard Garcia (from Melbourne Heart)

Out
Terry Antonis (to Parma, Italy)
Fabio Alves (to Philadelphia Union, USA)
Adam Griffiths (to Selangor FA, Malaysia)
Joel Griffiths (to Qingdao Jonoon, China)
Paul Reid (to Rockdale City Suns, NSW Premier League)
Lucas Neill (released)
Kruno Lovrek (released)
Nathan Sherlock (released)
Trent McClenahan (released)
Jarrod Kyle (released)

Wellington Phoenix

In
Lewis Italiano (from Perth Glory)
Reece Caira (from Western Sydney Wanderers)
Carlos Hernandez (from Prayag United, India)
Luke Adams (from Derby, England)
Kenny Cunningham (from Club The Strongest, Bolivia)
Alex Rufer (from Wairarapa United, New Zealand)
Luke Adams (from Derby County, England)

Out
Isaka Cernak (to Perth Glory)
Benjamin Totori (Oakleigh Cannons, Victorian Premier League)
Tony Lochhead (released)
Alex Smith (released)
Dani Sanchez (released)
Jimmy Downey (released)
Lucas Pantelis (released)
Mark Paston (retired)

Western Sydney Wanderers

In
Dean Heffernan (from Perth Glory)
Tomi Juric (from Adelaide United)
Brendon Santalab (from Chongqing Lifan, China)

Out
Tarek Elrich (to Adelaide United)
Joey Gibbs (to Newcastle Jets)
Reece Caira (to Wellington Phoenix)
Rocky Visconte (to Suphanburi, Thailand)
Dino Kresinger (to Zavrc, Slovenia)

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/news-display/Transfer-Wrap--Hyundai-ALeague-Season-201314/72803

plague
30-08-2013, 10:21 PM
Listing from FFA of all transfers so far.

Newcastle Jets
Out
Ryan Griffiths (mid-season transfer to Beijing Baxy)

Perth Glory
In
Ljubo Milicevic (from Melbourne Knights)

Middleby OUT

Premy
10-09-2013, 06:56 AM
Heart have a press conference scheduled today where it's believed Paddy Kisnorbo will be unveiled as their new signing.

leftrightout
10-09-2013, 08:13 AM
Heart have a press conference scheduled today where it's believed Paddy Kisnorbo will be unveiled as their new signing.

Will that be a replacement of the Dutch fella? Or just another new signing?

Grimario
10-09-2013, 09:07 AM
Another rumour doing the rounds is Chris Herd on loan to MV for the season.

Blackmac79
10-09-2013, 09:22 AM
Good to see clubs finally getting this idea of loaning through their heads. Particularly for young players.

furns
10-09-2013, 10:12 AM
Heart have a press conference scheduled today where it's believed Paddy Kisnorbo will be unveiled as their new signing.So they lost a marquee striker and are bringing in a defender who has barely played in three years to replace him?

leftrightout
10-09-2013, 10:34 AM
So they lost a marquee striker and are bringing in a defender who has barely played in three years to replace him?

Pretty sure they said engelaar (correct spelling?) was going to sit deep in midfield. So maybe they see it as a defencivr midfield for a defender. They may push Gerhardt into midfield... Who cares though, they will be better than us regardless!

Premy
10-09-2013, 02:24 PM
I actually really like the look of Hearts squad on paper they seem to have a good balance. Sure the Dutch bloke will be missed and I think they lack a outright striker (I'm sure they would of loved to have kept Babalj) but on paper they look good.

Aloisi will **** it but

Grimario
10-09-2013, 05:30 PM
Their squad could be great but it's just a bunch of old blokes waiting to get injured before they are in the same position as us with a bunch of youngsters.

MFKS
10-09-2013, 11:26 PM
Their squad could be great but it's just a bunch of old blokes waiting to get injured before they are in the same position as us with a bunch of youngsters.

They have some big advantages over us though

Aloisi may be a shit coach but is nowhere in the league of ineptness as our coaching team

plague
11-09-2013, 12:23 AM
Another rumour doing the rounds is Chris Herd on loan to MV for the season.

Ange P said on sunday that MV are making a marquee announcement this week.

joel31
11-09-2013, 06:57 AM
I thought Gallas was supposed to be their MQ announcement

De-Champ
11-09-2013, 10:28 AM

I think he said "one of the Melbourne clubs" would be making a marquee announcement

Grimario
11-09-2013, 07:59 PM
I think he said "one of the Melbourne clubs" would be making a marquee announcement

Heart have been alluding to a marquee signing this week... a well known current international striker who played for his national team on the weekend.

Apparently some wishful thinking sorts on the MH forum were suggesting it was Ciprian Marica... the guy who is rumoured to be joining Arsenal on a free transfer :lulz:

The other more realistic name mentioned was Michael Mifsud - second greatest ever Maltese International Superstar behind Hutcho the Wanker, obviously.

Premy
13-09-2013, 06:29 PM
Heart have been alluding to a marquee signing this week... a well known current international striker who played for his national team on the weekend.

Apparently some wishful thinking sorts on the MH forum were suggesting it was Ciprian Marica... the guy who is rumoured to be joining Arsenal on a free transfer :lulz:

The other more realistic name mentioned was Michael Mifsud - second greatest ever Maltese International Superstar behind Hutcho the Wanker, obviously.
SBS TWG have reported Mifsud has agreed terms with heart.

Also big rumors that's picking up momentum is Victory is close to securing Gallas with a announcement expected as early as Monday lunch time.

furns
13-09-2013, 06:56 PM

The word "great" should never be in the same sentence as Hutcho unless its referring to that great big knob he has on his forehead.

Blackmac79
14-09-2013, 10:26 AM
The word "great" should never be in the same sentence as Hutcho unless its referring to that great big knob he has on his forehead.

even then I think you are giving him too much credit furns. Surely the knob on the head matches in size the bump between his legs? Maybe slightly bigger since the one between his legs was inverted by carlos hernadez's boot.

Blackmac79
14-09-2013, 10:27 AM
I like Mifsud. Best league 1 striker on FM08

Grimario
23-09-2013, 12:48 PM
SOCCEROO Jame Troisi is set to be unveiled as Melbourne Victory's latest signing.

The Adelaide-born attacker was signed by Juventus and Atalanta in a co-ownership deal last year.

He played six matches for Atalanta last season.

Troisi, 25, signed a co-ownership extension this before English clubs Norwich City and Blackburn Rovers signalled some interest during the FIFA transfer window.

It's understood Troisi was recommended to Victory by former Socceroos midfielder Vince Grella. Troisi has penned a one season loan deal with the A-League club.

Victory officials did not return calls.

q-money
23-09-2013, 01:32 PM
and we have no space under the cap :rof:

Imyourhero
23-09-2013, 01:49 PM
If he had so much interest from those club why is he coming back to Aus?

Grimario
23-09-2013, 01:50 PM
If he had so much interest from those club why is he coming back to Aus?

Because none of those clubs offered him a deal and playing in A-League in a World Cup season > not playing for Atalanta?

Imyourhero
23-09-2013, 02:23 PM
Watching all these other clubs pull out so many quality signings makes me feel justified in the decision to not renew my season ticket

Grimario
23-09-2013, 02:26 PM
Watching all these other clubs pull out so many quality signings makes me feel justified in the decision to not renew my season ticket

We've got Bridges, Heskey and Burns.... not to mention Huge Aliens. What more do you want?

Imyourhero
23-09-2013, 02:38 PM
Wont be happy until they make me feel bad about my decision

hausmann
23-09-2013, 04:37 PM
Last year I watched the Boston Red Sox off-field antics with interest. They had an team of over-paid players who hated the coach. The coach could really do very little to influence the players attitudes because they were all on hudge multi year, multi million contracts. In that situation man-management is critical and I was interested to see what would unfold given what was being said about GVE and the way he treated players. They ended up having an awful season.

Well in the post season the Red-Sox sacked the coach and embarked on an unprecedented multi player megatrade with the LA Dodgers, sparking an amazing reconstrution of their playing roster. Red Sox have just clinched the America League East crown by a huge margin and their supporters are in seventh heaven. It appears that neither the coach nor the players were above the club's desire for success.

Meanwhile GVE's approach was to "do it his way" and employ the best young players from the AIS, with seemingly very little pressure from Jets management to get quick results, despite massive pressure from the fans.

It'll be very interesting to see how this season unfolds. I think the off-field drama is worth the price of the season ticket. I really can't see how GVE can overcome the massive lack of trust in him that exists in the stands. But with Hamma now in charge, anything is possible.

This will be me this season: :popcorn:

q-money
23-09-2013, 04:53 PM
But with Hamma now in charge, anything is possible.
:cool:

Grimario
01-10-2013, 10:51 AM
http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/283635,spiranovic-to-sign-for-wanderers.aspx

:fap:

Jeterpool
01-10-2013, 11:25 AM
http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/283635,spiranovic-to-sign-for-wanderers.aspx

:fap:

Damn.

He was clubless and we missed out on him?? Damn.

Do I recall a wage issue when we tried earlier in the offseason?

Premy
01-10-2013, 12:14 PM
Spira, Topa, Beauchamp & Heffernan all fighting for 2 spots in the first XI

q-money
01-10-2013, 12:45 PM
the ffa's boys get their man again

militiamon
01-10-2013, 01:04 PM
Shocker hey.

Grimario
04-10-2013, 09:11 PM
http://footballcentral.com.au/victory-sign-mahazi-from-northcote-citys/#.Uk6UF4Zt_h5

Melbourne Victory can today confirm that talented young midfielder Rashid Mahazi has signed with the club on a two-year-deal.

The 21-year-old joins from VPL side Northcote City after playing a starring role during their early dominance of the competition this season.

The Melbourne born midfielder has spent plenty of time with his new Victory teammates already, having traveled with the squad during its recent tour of Tasmania and he has also made several appearances during trial matches leading up to next week’s Hyundai A-League season.

Melbourne Victory Head Coach, Ange Postecoglou, said the midfielder would provide extra cover in the middle of the park.

“Rashid’s performances throughout the pre-season have been very promising and we are looking forward to seeing him further develop as he spends more time with the squad in the lead-up to the season,” Postecoglou said.

“We see him as a player with plenty of upside and someone that can fit well into our structures while also providing us with further depth in midfield.”

Melbourne Victory’s 2013/14 Hyundai A-League season will kick-off on Saturday, October 12 at 7:30pm against cross-town rivals, Heart. Tickets are selling fast and are available through www.ticketmaster.com.au.

Rashid Mahazi
D.O.B: 20/4/1992 (age 21)
Joins Melbourne Victory from Northcote City (VPL)
Position: Midfielder
Shirt number: 16

MFKS
04-10-2013, 09:24 PM
Was he one of the blokes in the team that lost to the Southern Stars in the VPL match fixing fiasco??

Premy
18-10-2013, 02:15 AM
Xabi Alonso link with a move to the MLS next year. SFC replacement for ADP maybe?

Jeterpool
14-11-2013, 02:04 PM
Interesting list of players up for grabs.

Who do we want to re-sign, release and try sign from other clubs?

Adelaide United (7 players)

Jake Barker-Daish, Daniel Bowles, Nigel Boogaard, Marcelo Carrusca, Antony Golec, Jon McKain, Steven Lustica.

Brisbane Roar (5)

Matt Acton, Besart Berisha, Diogo Ferreira, Dimi Petratos, Shane Stefanutto

Central Coast (9)

Zach Anderson, Marcos Flores (owned by Victory), Brent Griffiths, Daniel McBreen, Justin Pasfield, Liam Reddy, Trent Sainsbury, Matt Simon, Mile Sterjovski

Melbourne Heart (13)

Orlando Engelaar, Patrick Gerhardt, Jason Hoffman, Harry Kewell, Patrick Kisnorbo, Golgol ,Mebrahtu, Michael Mifsud, Dylan Macallister, Sam Mitchinson, Tando Velaphi, David Vrankovic, Jeremy Walker, David Williams

Melbourne Victory (7)

Jonathan Bru, Pablo Contreras, Gui Finkler, James Jeggo, Adrian Leijer, Archie Thompson, Adama Traore

Newcastle Jets (14)

Michael Bridges, James Brown, Connor Chapman, Joey Gibbs, Craig Goodwin, Emile Heskey, Kew Jaliens, Ben Kantarovski, Scott Neville, Jacob Pepper, John Solari, Adam Taggart

Perth Glory (12)

Jacob Burns, Jack Clisby, Travis Dodd, Chris Harold, Ndumba Makeche, Steve McGarry, Brandon O'Neill, Steve Pantelidis, Sidnei Sciola, Shane Smeltz, Michael Thwaite, Adrian Zahra

Sydney FC (15)

Ali Abbas, Tiago Calvano, Joel Chianese, Alessandro Del Piero, Slobodan Despotovic, Brett Emerton, Richard Garcia, Vedran Janjetovic, Matt Jurman, Mitch Mallia, Terry McFlynn,

Ivan Necevski, Nikola Petkovic, Blake Powell, Marc Warren

Wellington Phoenix (11)

Luke Adams, Leo Bertos, Michael Boxall, Josh Brindell-South, Carlos Hernandez, Stein Huysegems, Paul Ifill, Lewis Italiano, Vince Lia, Manny Muscat, Albert Riera

Western Sydney (15)

Michael Beauchamp, Shannon Cole, Ante Covic, Adam D'Apuzzo, Labinot Haliti, Youssouf Hersi, Dean Heffernan, Aaron Mooy, Shinji Ono, Jerome Polenz, Brendon Santalab

Matthew Spiranovic, Nikolai Topor-Stanley, Jason Trifiro, Jerrad Tyson

Read more: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/football/a-league/studs-up-blog-112-aleague-players-are-off-contract-and-can-entertain-offers-from-rivals/story-e6frf4gl-1226757061190#ixzz2ka6zStOP

MFKS
14-11-2013, 02:26 PM
RELEASE THESE SHIT ****S >> Michael Bridges, James Brown, Joey Gibbs, Emile Heskey,

Surely Josh Mitchell has been left out by a Journalistic oversight???

Resign these blokes

Connor Chapman Craig Goodwin Kew Jaliens, Ben Kantarovski, Scott Neville, Jacob Pepper, John Solari, Adam Taggart

pv4
14-11-2013, 02:34 PM
Re-sign: Chapman, Heskey, Jaliens, Neville, Taggart
Release: Bridges (if we re-sign Bridges as a player I will stop supporting the Jets - I'm serious), Goodwin (get him away from GVE for his sake)
Undecided: Brown, Gibbs, Kanta, Pepper, Solari

I'd love for us to target any of Lustica, Flores, Williams, Finkler, Traore (although can't see him staying in Aust), Mooy & Spira and would be insanely happy with any of those.

sh10
14-11-2013, 02:48 PM
Sign Hoffman plz, Bring the Boy Home TM

joel31
14-11-2013, 04:11 PM
Re-Sign: Brown, Champman, Goodwin, Jaliens, Kanta, Neville, Taggart, Solari
Release: Bridges, Gibbs, Heskey, Pepper
Sign: Berisha, Carrusca / Flores, Sainsbury / Spiranovic, Mooy, Traore, Wolliams

Jeterpool
14-11-2013, 04:19 PM
Re-Sign: Brown, Champman, Goodwin, Jaliens, Kanta, Neville, Taggart, Solari
Release: Bridges, Gibbs, Heskey, Pepper

Sign: D'Apuzzo, Mooy, Carrusca and Berisha

parksey
14-11-2013, 05:46 PM
Why do we want heskey to leave? Age?

Jeterpool
14-11-2013, 06:02 PM
Why do we want heskey to leave? Age?

I just think this will be the last year for him here and don't think he'll stick around. If he's still performing I'm happy to be wrong

Thomas477
14-11-2013, 09:38 PM
Sign Flores ffs, he's the type of player with need.

MFKS
14-11-2013, 09:54 PM
Aaron Mooy :wtf::blush:FFS

That bloke is the most over rated player in the HAL. Rather have Bridges than that goose

14-11-2013, 10:37 PM
Sign Hoffman plz, Bring the Boy Home TM

Is Jetman giving it away or a spot available in the tuck shop ?.

parksey
14-11-2013, 10:39 PM
Aaron Mooy :wtf::blush:FFS

That bloke is the most over rated player in the HAL. Rather have Bridges than that goose

:blush:

sammydog
14-11-2013, 11:31 PM
Soccer Stoppage Time are reporting on twitter that GVE is meeting with Berisha and Petratos from brisbane for next season. Apparently he wants a goal scoring 9 and two wide players.

Berisha to rumoured to be offered $450,000 and the marquee spot.

If true, Heskey is gone and probably means the club doesn't expect to keep Burns/taggart (or a heap of the young guys.

Premy
14-11-2013, 11:36 PM
Re-sign: Chapman, Kanta, Goodwin, Jaliens, Taggart, Neville, Heskey(under the cap)

Release: Bridges, Gibbs, Pepper, Brown, Mitchell

Sign: Spira, Finkler, Smeltz
Marque: Proven ball playing holding midfielder

Premy
14-11-2013, 11:38 PM
I could have bes instead of Smeltz

MFKS
14-11-2013, 11:47 PM
Berisha :yay::fap:

Imagine having a bloke like him punching on with his teammates in our midst.

Bloke would be a ****ing god in downtown Newy

Thomas477
14-11-2013, 11:48 PM
I could have bes instead of Smeltz

This. He appears a **** of a bloke, but a **** I want playing for us, not unlike a certain Joel Griffiths.....

Berisha wouldn't be a show stealing marquee that Heskey has been, but he would be effective. As for Petratoas, it must mean we're losing a fair few of the young guys, hopefully including Brown.

14-11-2013, 11:48 PM
Soccer Stoppage Time are reporting on twitter that GVE is meeting with Berisha and Petratos from brisbane for next season. Apparently he wants a goal scoring 9 and two wide players.

Berisha to rumoured to be offered $450,000 and the marquee spot.

If true, Heskey is gone and probably means the club doesn't expect to keep Burns/taggart (or a heap of the young guys.

The scarey part of that is GVE's involvement !!!!!!!!.

Premy
14-11-2013, 11:52 PM
Re-sign: Chapman, Kanta, Goodwin, Jaliens, Taggart, Neville, Heskey(under the cap)

Release: Bridges, Gibbs, Pepper, Brown, Mitchell

Sign: Spira, Finkler, Smeltz
Marque: Proven ball playing holding midfielder
Add Lujbo to list of signings

leftrightout
15-11-2013, 12:43 AM
Finkler and Berisha would be my ideal 9 and 10! I think together they would be close to the stongest in the comp, assuming they "gel" as GVE would put it!
Saying that if GVE was in charge with those two, they probably wouldn't see any game time together until round 21

seldom
15-11-2013, 01:58 AM
Berisha playin under GVE...that would last 5 minutes

joel31
15-11-2013, 06:57 AM
Only problem is why would Brisbane want to release him

joel31
15-11-2013, 08:21 AM
The awkward moment on the Newcastle Jets Fans facebook page when someone says Bridges is better than them both

weston
15-11-2013, 08:30 AM
The awkward moment on the Newcastle Jets Fans facebook page when someone says Bridges is better than them both

Ha. I seen this... guys smoking good stuff.

Bring Berisha to Newcastle, it feels wrong liking another player so much from another team.

pv4
15-11-2013, 08:40 AM
The scarey part of that is GVE's involvement !!!!!!!!.

:rof: agreed

The biggest issue with Berisha will be that he does amazingly well at finishing chances that are set up really really well for him.. but unless we target a Flores/Broich-style playmaker, I can't see us setting up those chances. If people dislike how much Heskey "doesn't create chances" and "can only score from the 6 yard box", they're going to be really underwhelmed with Berisha too.

Jeterpool
15-11-2013, 09:00 AM
:rof: agreed

The biggest issue with Berisha will be that he does amazingly well at finishing chances that are set up really really well for him.. but unless we target a Flores/Broich-style playmaker, I can't see us setting up those chances. If people dislike how much Heskey "doesn't create chances" and "can only score from the 6 yard box", they're going to be really underwhelmed with Berisha too.

Speaks the truth

q-money
15-11-2013, 01:23 PM
berisha hnnnnng

a low-down, dirty, street-fighting rat that will push over his own mother in order to win

sack bridges and get this bloke in ASAP

hawk
15-11-2013, 10:58 PM
berisha hnnnnng

a low-down, dirty, street-fighting rat that will push over his own mother in order to win

sack bridges and get this bloke in ASAP

this

joel31
16-11-2013, 03:18 PM
With Burns going in January...
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1173571/A-League-loan-stint-on-Cahill-s-radar

northern_swan
16-11-2013, 09:53 PM
With Burns going in January...
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1173571/A-League-loan-stint-on-Cahill-s-radar

Middleby and Palmer thought it was a bad idea last year when he approached us, what makes anyone think they'll come to the party now Tinks mrs is writing the cheques?

pv4
21-12-2013, 01:22 AM
:rof: when joey was about 14 I told him he'd play for the jets one day. no one, including him, believed me. I is genius

you didn't happen to tell anyone not shit that they'd play for the jerks? :rof:

:cool:

militiamon
21-12-2013, 03:00 AM
snake's comment still stands.

Worst finish for a Jets goal that I can remember.

pv4
21-12-2013, 10:02 AM
:rof: when joey was about 14 I told him he'd play for the jets one day. no one, including him, believed me. I is genius

you didn't happen to tell anyone not shit that they'd play for the jerks? :rof:

fmd, this club :oops:

snake's comment still stands.

Worst finish for a Jets goal that I can remember.

:rof: he's still scored more than Bridges this season

Tommyjet
27-12-2013, 11:32 AM
Wouldn't mind petratos next season, has the potential to become a very clinical forward/wide forward. Then again is he worth a spot over some of the locals we have

joel31
27-12-2013, 01:30 PM
Wouldn't mind petratos next season, has the potential to become a very clinical forward/wide forward. Then again is he worth a spot over some of the locals we have
We were linked with him around the same time as Berisha hopefully something happens

Grimario
02-01-2014, 12:49 PM
Adrian Madaschi has just been released by Jeju. Reckon he will be back in the HAL soon.

BodyNovo
02-01-2014, 12:52 PM
could see him at either heart or adelaide as i feel they have the 2 worst cb pairings in the league.

on cb's, what is going on with Luca$h, is he still in between clubs?

Grimario
02-01-2014, 12:55 PM
could see him at either heart or adelaide as i feel they have the 2 worst cb pairings in the league.

on cb's, what is going on with Luca$h, is he still in between clubs?

He has the international captaincy, who needs club football?

Jeterpool
02-01-2014, 09:47 PM
Fix says Lucas is training with Blackburn in a training only capacity

Thomas477
02-01-2014, 09:59 PM
Explains why they aren't in the premier league or in the playoff spots. Letting a has been like Lucas train with them. FFS.

02-01-2014, 10:07 PM
He is as much chance of going to Brazil as me a 1000/1

joel31
02-01-2014, 10:12 PM
He is as much chance of going to Brazil as me a 1000/1
No. He will go to Brazil purely because he is captain and is the main leader in the camp

MFKS
02-01-2014, 11:25 PM
No. He will go to Brazil purely because he is captain and is the main leader in the camp

The only way he will be going to Brazil is if he books a ****ing holiday there, gets a gig as an SBS pundit or gets a gig alongside Bozza on the Fanatics Tour.

If he ain't playing Ange won't take him end of story

pv4
02-01-2014, 11:42 PM
:rof: at anyone who thinks Lucas won't be going to Brazil.

Fancy a bet on it MFKFC?

Grimario
03-01-2014, 08:08 AM
Kaz Patafta is trialling with Brisbane...

belchardo
03-01-2014, 08:40 AM
will destroy us next season and moon GVE after he scores his fourth goal in 20 minutes. (yep, GVE will also still be coaching next season.)

MFKS
03-01-2014, 02:16 PM
:rof: at anyone who thinks Lucas won't be going to Brazil.

Fancy a bet on it MFKFC?

If he ain't playing as he currently is he won't be going. Postecoglou isn't a fool who will carry him like Holger did.

If he is playing and Ange can find someone better he will still not be going.

There are blokes out there who can do the job. Bailey Wright is a 21 year old Aussie currently doing well at League one side Preston. They are currently fourth and right in the hunt for promotion and Bailey is a first choice corner stone of the team who will eventually be moving to a higher level. Can also play at left back as well as his main position of centre back

Now before you say this level isn't good enough for a World Cup start I will remind you that Luke Wilkshire was playing at this level in 2006 before being put in by Guus and done the job in Germany and then gone onto be a cornerstone of the team for the last 8 years.

Anyway I think Ange has bigger issues rather than telling Luca$h to ****ing retire in how to fit Jesus and Timmy into his game plan. Both of them have to go to Brazil but I think will both struggle under Anges way of playing

De-Champ
03-01-2014, 05:38 PM
You are assuming a lot MFKS. I do not think that Ange is going to make wholesale changes to the team. In fact the only certain change is the goalkeper as Schwarzer has retired from national team duty. What makes you think that in a few trial games plus a month or so before the cup the team is suddenly playing the way of Ange's Roar or Victory. By his own admission it took Victory over a season to implement his strategy. You might find that Ange will play a system to suit the players rather than have the players to suit his system. I do not know what he will do. However I would not be surprised if the team/squad is not much different to what it is now.

pv4
04-01-2014, 09:58 AM
Mfkfc - how about a wager..

If lucas goes to brazil in the squad, you don't mention kale for a year. If he doesn't, I put a pic of Michael bridges as my avatar for a year

MFKS
04-01-2014, 10:02 AM
Mfkfc - how about a wager..

If lucas goes to brazil in the squad, you don't mention kale for a year. If he doesn't, I put a pic of Michael bridges as my avatar for a year

Not that I am NOT KEEN in taking up your bet PV4 but do you seriously reckon I will be able to go a whole year without mentioning Kale??

I don't :sup:

Anything else you want me to offer up instead??

ToddG NBUnited
04-01-2014, 10:03 AM
MFKS has to have hutcho as his avatar for a year?

joel31
04-01-2014, 10:13 AM
Or he has to go up to Kale after a NYL game and tell him he'll never make it as a pro

MFKS
04-01-2014, 10:14 AM
MFKS has to have hutcho as his avatar for a year?

To easy I could do that today. Would just need to find a picture of a penis on a forehead

pv4
04-01-2014, 11:24 AM
Not that I am NOT KEEN in taking up your bet PV4 but do you seriously reckon I will be able to go a whole year without mentioning Kale??

I don't :sup:

Anything else you want me to offer up instead??

Aight how about the winner of the bet chooses the avatar for the other, with no shopping/editing allowed?

The Dunster
04-01-2014, 11:33 AM
Ange might be the manager but Uncle Frank always has final say. Lucas Neil will be going to Brazil.

MFKS
04-01-2014, 11:42 AM
Aight how about the winner of the bet chooses the avatar for the other, with no shopping/editing allowed?

Too easy

DONE.

You say Lucas WILL be picked to go to Brazil in the Australian 2014 World Cup squad
I say Lucas will NOT be picked to go to Brazil in the Australian 2014 World Cup squad

I agree to the aviator changes as stipulations of the bet.

Make sure you remind us all of this in May/June when the squad is announced

I do hope though he finds a club for the purpose of this bet so at least Ange has to make a decision on whether to pick him or not.

A 36 year old not playing for 6 months ain't gonna get picked for a world Cup.

militiamon
04-01-2014, 11:50 AM
:popcorn:

WolfMan
04-01-2014, 11:57 AM

I prefer Wayfarers myself...:grin:

Thomas477
04-01-2014, 05:18 PM
Too easy

DONE.

You say Lucas WILL be picked to go to Brazil in the Australian 2014 World Cup squad
I say Lucas will NOT be picked to go to Brazil in the Australian 2014 World Cup squad

Make sure you remind us all of this in May/June when the squad is announced

I do hope though he finds a club for the purpose of this bet so at least Ange has to make a decision on whether to pick him or not.

A 36 year old not playing for 6 months ain't gonna get picked for a world Cup.

Quoted to ensure no editing by MFKS.

Grimario
06-01-2014, 09:13 PM
Ogmonster has been released by his Qatari club, rumoured straight back to HAL.

Premy
06-01-2014, 09:27 PM
Pass we have Huge and Reggz. Could see United trying to get him back not sure if they have the squad space

joel31
06-01-2014, 09:37 PM
Pass we have Huge and Reggz. Could see United trying to get him back not sure if they have the squad space
and chapman

GazFish35
06-01-2014, 09:59 PM
He'll be at Sydney

lquiquer
06-01-2014, 10:03 PM
Uzbekistan hopefully .... And had Carney to the deal

Premy
09-01-2014, 09:43 PM
Lucas Neill just said on Thursday FC that Tom Rogic will go out on loan he just doesn't know where.

joel31
12-01-2014, 08:03 AM
We've got our signing, our clinical finisher, the greatest signing

lquiquer
12-01-2014, 11:43 AM
Aaron Mooy?

Tommyjet
12-01-2014, 12:39 PM
Aaron Mooy?

Yes please, great passer of the ball, something we don't have

sanchez
12-01-2014, 12:42 PM
To be honest, I think Mooy is grossly overrated. He's just an injury off being another James Brown and not delivering on any of his potential.

joel31
12-01-2014, 01:38 PM
I'd definitely take Aaron Mooy. Adds some much needed creativity to our midfield

Tommyjet
12-01-2014, 01:43 PM
To be honest, I think Mooy is grossly overrated. He's just an injury off being another James Brown and not delivering on any of his potential.
Wow

joel31
12-01-2014, 01:49 PM
and he can hit a free kick

The Dunster
12-01-2014, 02:01 PM
Mooy probably isn't happy playing the 1950's style football Poppa coaches.

MFKS
12-01-2014, 02:10 PM

Agree totally the bloke is a ****ing hack. All he is good for is spreading the ball about and giving it to some other **** to create. We have plenty in that category at present and need those who can create.

Also he is good for smacking them into the stand behind the goals when shooting and Zads is pretty handy at that also.

Imyourhero
12-01-2014, 02:10 PM
I'd rather get Mooy once GVE is gone

Thomas477
12-01-2014, 02:52 PM
Just hope GvE knows this is the good Mooy and not the crap one.

Jeterpool
12-01-2014, 06:45 PM
Where are these Mooy rumours coming from?

I hope it's true.