PDA

View Full Version : Man Utd cup. - Hamilton Olympic

GazFish35
27-04-2013, 11:43 AM
Hamilton Olympic u15s won their first pool game this morning 2-0 over west Adelaide.

If they win the weekend they are off to the uk.

WSW are hosting it as nswff are useless, and they are tweeting and fb'ing semi regular updates.

GazFish35
27-04-2013, 03:42 PM
They won their second game too

2-1 over Perth.

GazFish35
27-04-2013, 05:26 PM
Lot heir third to onehunga sports 3-1

Don't know where they are from.

GazFish35
27-04-2013, 05:31 PM
That's put them 2nd in their group, they're due o play blacktown city (my mate coaches them!) in the semi tomorrow.

Premy
27-04-2013, 06:12 PM
Quick google search tells me onehunga is in Auckland

Premy
27-04-2013, 06:13 PM
Will the emerging jets be in this comp next year Mr Fish?

ForeverRed
27-04-2013, 06:22 PM
Don't think so, that age group play in the state league against the u17s,

GazFish35
27-04-2013, 06:26 PM
Will the emerging jets be in this comp next year Mr Fish?

No idea.
No idea how Hamilton won through to it to start with tbh.

I know blacktown got past Sydney Utd and bonnyrigg in shootouts to be the nsw rep.

Youaskedforit
27-04-2013, 06:42 PM
They won their group in newy by beating lakes, valo and drawing with azzuri

Then they defeated magic in the newy final.

If azzuri beat lakes in the last game of the knockout stages they would have went through, but unfortunately they only drew .

Ironically they beat lakes today 4-1 ..... But that's football

CStein
28-04-2013, 06:00 AM
They won their group in newy by beating lakes, valo and drawing with azzuri

Then they defeated magic in the newy final.

If azzuri beat lakes in the last game of the knockout stages they would have went through, but unfortunately they only drew .

Ironically they beat lakes today 4-1 ..... But that's football

I take it the Jets Youth did not play in this comp?

Any update on how the Hamilton boys went?

Youaskedforit
28-04-2013, 06:55 AM
No they didn't, wouldn't matter, magic, azzuri and Olympic would beat them anyway

GazFish35
28-04-2013, 07:25 AM
Any update on how the Hamilton boys went?

Yes.

Fairgo
28-04-2013, 12:31 PM
Went down 2 nil to Blacktown in semi

late_to_the_game
28-04-2013, 08:04 PM
Was 0-0 at half time, very tense game according to one of the Hamilton parents.

He was proud of how the boys played.

From the facebook site:
CONGRATULATIONS ONEHUNGA - Manchester United Premier Cup Pacific Winners over Blacktown. 1-1: 5-3 win on Penalties.

Good performance from the local boys.

Sweet FA Cup
02-05-2013, 01:36 PM
So a team from Auckland wins the Nike Cup against the cream of Australia's U15 teams.
Auckland is a city about the size of Adelaide where the Rugby codes hugely dominate the sporting landscape (at least financially and in media interest) and where they have no local A-League team to aspire to representing in their city.
What does that say about the quality of the systems in place for development of junior football in Australia?
Looks like the Kiwis have a jump on us again, hey Bro' ?

GazFish35
02-05-2013, 06:39 PM
Onehunga reportedly select lads from all over NZ.
They essentially bring an u15's NZ team. The equivalent of us having an u15's AIS squad.
One of their lads plays for the 19's all whites.

They then come here and play genuine club sides.
And they won in a shootout, with a contentious call to help them along the way.

Having watched the final, of this 15's comp, and comparing to the u15's nationals I played in 18 years ago, I'd say the current crop is doing pretty good either team would have wiped our equivalent squads off the park. The quality of football was very very high. Tactically aware, technically gifted, smart and very fit young players.

ForeverRed
02-05-2013, 06:51 PM
Onehunga reportedly select lads from all over NZ.
They essentially bring an u15's NZ team. The equivalent of us having an u15's AIS squad.
One of their lads plays for the 19's all whites.

They then come here and play genuine club sides.
And they won in a shootout, with a contentious call to help them along the way.

Having watched the final, of this 15's comp, and comparing to the u15's nationals I played in 18 years ago, I'd say the current crop is doing pretty good either team would have wiped our equivalent squads off the park. The quality of football was very very high. Tactically aware, technically gifted, smart and very fit young players.

Just like a lot of u15 teams in newcastle, they also pick players from all over town and ignoring their own local players , trophies over development I call it

GazFish35
02-05-2013, 08:22 PM
It's more widely known simply as football.

ace22
02-05-2013, 09:27 PM
people act like the clubs do something wrong by not developing. What happens if a local club did put alot of money and resources in developing there players? There best players would get too good and go off to bigger and better things anyway like everywere else in the sporting world.

lose lose for clubs on that topic.

Sweet FA Cup
02-05-2013, 11:12 PM
Just like a lot of u15 teams in newcastle, they also pick players from all over town and ignoring their own local players , trophies over development I call it

Its a bit like musical chairs.... Macquarie/Newcastle/HV kids, find a team before the music stops.
The kids that get punted often end up in the same league a few years later, a bit wiser, still keen and not so precious about what position and/or how much time they get to play. You are only as good as the next best thing to come along.
And that is a blight on the game.
It happens in under 8s and it happens in the premierbundesligaseriesA worldwide.
Most of these kids will do well to be playing in their twenties at ID clubs as there simply aren't enough spots to be had in Premier teams.
And judging from the passion shown on other forums on the ID leagues, they will be loving very minute of it.

02-05-2013, 11:48 PM
people act like the clubs do something wrong by not developing. What happens if a local club did put alot of money and resources in developing there players? There best players would get too good and go off to bigger and better things anyway like everywere else in the sporting world.

lose lose for clubs on that topic.

I know of one club who likes to think they align with the Juniors next door yet did not give an opportunity to not one of these kids for there 15 SYL side this season yet in 2011 Under 13's they played in a GF and the same bunch of kids in 2012 Under 14's made it again to a GF.

Surely the Seniors could have taken a punt on a couple of kids from that group and backed there ability to bring them along and put a bit of polish on them ie develop.

Captain_Carl
19-11-2021, 08:21 AM
Whatever happened to this comp? Does it still exist?