PDA

View Full Version : Turning football fans into A-League fans

Premy
28-04-2013, 08:35 AM
It completely baffle's me I have a few mates that love football but refuse to go to A-league games there seems to be a few on the Foz too. I've tried the hole "ok it's not great football compared to the EPL and it never will be, but it's the best we have and it won't get better without our support."
Any ideas on how I can covert my mates onto the A-League and any ideas on how the FFA can convert these type of people as I'm sure it's not just a few of my mates

GazFish35
28-04-2013, 09:17 AM
After eight years there's probably not much point.
The league is strong enough without the eurosnobs, and with GVE dishing up some inconsistent, uninspiring dross you might best wait till he's gone.

Or get tickets to a Sydney derby next year.

Plenty of the guys I play football with down here were of the same ilk, didn't want a bar of it, thought it was rubbish.

They reluctantly went along to a game at parra as their kids wanted to go, and now they are hooked, and look at me as if to say "why didn't you tell us about the a-league!"

Throw them your season ticket for a game you can't make, let them try it for themselves free of charge and without the pressure to admit its better than they thought.

Don't lose sleep over it though.

q-money
28-04-2013, 10:16 AM
new dawners

au revoir
28-04-2013, 10:48 AM
don't forget to mention the motorcycles and fireworks though

My2BobsWorth
28-04-2013, 05:16 PM
I don't want any more at the game, I hate waiting 10 minutes for a flat beer. 1 minute is OK though

seldom
28-04-2013, 05:44 PM
More tits....yeah def more tits

hawk
28-04-2013, 08:47 PM
It completely baffle's me I have a few mates that love football but refuse to go to A-league games there seems to be a few on the Foz too. I've tried the hole "ok it's not great football compared to the EPL and it never will be, but it's the best we have and it won't get better without our support."
Any ideas on how I can covert my mates onto the A-League and any ideas on how the FFA can convert these type of people as I'm sure it's not just a few of my mates

love football? they wouldnt know it if it fked them up the coit. Many spruke a following but dont believe the hype. ask them about the knights score.

new_dawner
28-04-2013, 08:54 PM
new dawners

sup

MFKS
28-04-2013, 09:18 PM
Precisely why do you want to convince the minds if these people any way???

As far as I am concerned these people have NFI at all about football and what it means to be a fan. (Now bear with me and don't just assume I am being a rude prick)

What I feel when I sit at the HAL and kick every ball and feel the joys and despairs of watching my club as the season progresses is what football is all about. Watching some Euro club on TV who you have no affiliation to I do not understand how people can get even remotely excited about this. Football supporting is a passion that delivers emotions upon you of massive extremes joy/sadness and a pile of shit in between.

These plastic EuroSnob mates do not even derive even 1% of the experience we do watching our beloved Jets in the flesh whilst they are sitting up at 1am watching some Euro team on the idiot box.

Real Football supporters couldn't give two ****s about the standard of football being a factor. Sure we may all want GVE to get the arse after the diabolics of the last season but nearly all of us will be coughing up for a membership next season to watch more of the same. These mates of yours who need some standard of technical mastery are obviously missing the point of what football is point blank.

If you are serious about changing their minds take them to a game. Better yet take them to Gosford/Sydney/WSW next year for one of our away days. Make them see supporting football is more than 90 mins of a ball flying around a pitch but a day out full of adventures

Blackmac79
29-04-2013, 01:37 PM
I always say to people who ask me why I bother supporting the A-league, that its our league, not some foreign thing that we can't put into.

Jeterpool
29-04-2013, 02:29 PM
I feel the same way. Liverpool will always be my favourite team because I have supported them the longest, however it is far easier to enjoy and be passionate about the Jets because we get to participate and interact with the team.

sorefootballer
29-04-2013, 02:50 PM
I have the same issue with few mates also. Just enjoy it anyway, atleast we have a team that we can be passionate about..and if those "eurosnobs" dont want in then so be it, cant please everyone..and as someone pointed out earlier more beer/shorter lines for us...mid strength :(

q-money
29-04-2013, 02:56 PM
it is easier to hate a bunch of blokes you get to pay 10 bucks a month to scream abuse at than some other pricks on the other side of the world

sorefootballer
29-04-2013, 03:07 PM
it is easier to hate a bunch of blokes you get to pay 10 bucks a month to scream abuse at than some other pricks on the other side of the world

Couldnt have said it any better.

GazFish35
29-04-2013, 07:32 PM
And they can't hear you scream through the tv.

MFKS
29-04-2013, 07:36 PM

Q Man are you referring to our opponents or our team and coach?? :whistling:

q-money
29-04-2013, 08:25 PM
I hate every single player except birraz and bk

MFKS
29-04-2013, 08:45 PM
May well be a strategy we need to follow. Least that way blame can always be laid at the feet of our players in front of our keeper for all goals scored and not scored.

Genius idea.

GVE Out >>> Q MAN IN:grin:

plague
29-04-2013, 09:16 PM
Should just advertise Jets games as parties on Facebook.
All the kidz turn up to that shit.

GazFish35
29-04-2013, 10:48 PM
http://stilgherrian.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/corey_350w.jpg

Meet the jets new marketing manager.

plague
29-04-2013, 10:58 PM

Middleby out.
Fish + Corey in.

joel31
30-04-2013, 10:10 AM
Should just advertise Jets games as parties on Facebook.
All the kidz turn up to that shit.
lol

My2BobsWorth
30-04-2013, 07:43 PM

Pretty sure he already works for WSW

q-money
30-04-2013, 08:00 PM
sif theres any skips working at WSW

GazFish35
30-04-2013, 11:29 PM
sif theres any skips working at WSW

Pfft. I know of two.

q-money
01-05-2013, 10:04 AM
why don't you just marry them then if you love them so much

GazFish35
01-05-2013, 10:55 AM
Not legal in this state.

Should have said, I know of the only two!

My2BobsWorth
01-05-2013, 04:13 PM
Does anyone use skips any more, I thought that went out 20 years ago with wogs.

q-money
01-05-2013, 04:29 PM
only the wogs m8

hawk
01-05-2013, 05:35 PM
I feel the same way. Liverpool will always be my favourite team because I have supported them the longest, however it is far easier to enjoy and be passionate about the Jets because we get to participate and interact with the team.

you do realise that the real scouses will beat you if they have arf a chance.

plague
01-05-2013, 09:02 PM
you do realise that the real scouses will beat you if they have arf a chance.
Nah, Tis all a beat up.
Had a beer with some Scouser lads before a Spurs game one night.
Spurs fans turned up at the pub and we all had a good old fashioned sing off.
Everyone pretty much held hands up to Anfield.
Thatcher got rid of of all the hoolies remember.

(Might have been a different story if they were Toffees or Mancs mind).

seldom
02-05-2013, 12:47 AM
Pfft. I know of two.

Yeah...Ray Cyst and who's the other one ?

hawk
19-05-2013, 11:38 AM
Yeah...Ray Cyst and who's the other one ?

emi grate

GazFish35
19-05-2013, 12:03 PM
Sheedy is their PR man. Keeping them in the papers.