PDA

View Full Version : Championship Thread

Nelson Bay Road
13-05-2013, 08:05 PM
how good was the finish to watford v leicestr playoff, wow

hawk
14-05-2013, 04:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs5yxozm_84.

baldrick
14-05-2013, 07:00 PM
The grandstand view

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9-5KyjC5K-c

Bon
15-05-2013, 09:48 AM
Absolutely amazing turnaround...

Being a fan of the Foxes and having stepped on the old Filbert St surface back in '94, gotta say I'm pretty disappointed with this result..

Grimario
15-05-2013, 03:46 PM
Troy Deeney, from jailbird at the start of the season to goalscoring hero. Plus top scorer for me in fantasy football somewhere, I'm sure. Maybe it was Higdon in the SPL...

hawk
28-05-2013, 01:56 AM
aahhhh crap xtra time palace watfud

Skirt Boy
28-05-2013, 06:46 AM
aahhhh crap xtra time palace watfud

Aw jeeze Ollie is back.

:gent:

Nelson Bay Road
28-05-2013, 08:45 AM
kevin phillips just keep popping up in teams that get promoted...

Jeterpool
28-05-2013, 09:01 AM
kevin phillips just keep popping up in teams that get promoted...

Kevin Phillips is without a doubt one of the most natural goalscorers i've ever seen. Shame he'll never come to our shores - the bloke would still knock them in for fun with the little service he'd get.

Imyourhero
28-05-2013, 10:30 AM
How good was the second half onwards!? Almunia was a freak last night, CP could have ended up absolutely smashing em.

hawk
26-10-2014, 09:57 PM
Bournemouth smash 8 past Birmingham at brum. wtf

hawk
05-04-2015, 03:20 PM
Carn the Cherries

hawk
30-04-2015, 07:52 PM
Carn the Cherries

and the cherries are up on a shoe string fk allyall

BodyNovo
30-04-2015, 10:43 PM
Would hardly call it a shoestring considering they have a Russian bankrolling them since 2012-13

There story is amazing nonetheless

hawk
01-05-2015, 10:10 AM
not from my research. numpties hears of Russian boss and cant wait to detract

figures place them mid table from increasing values of players already there & the addition of kenwyn (highest) mid season.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/afc-bournemouth/startseite/verein/989/saison_id/2014

even last yr they were 3rd cheapest squad
http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/startseite/wettbewerb/GB2/plus/?saison_id=2013

hawk
08-05-2015, 06:29 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F02Y3G7y4m4

hawk
14-05-2016, 11:33 PM
Derby are fkd for this year

Jeterpool
15-05-2016, 06:30 AM
Derby are fkd for this year

So are Brighton. They lost 4 players to. Injury yesterday and have other first team players suspended. Tough to get 2 goals back in a few days

hawk
27-05-2016, 04:05 PM
Hull V Wednesday.

2 stupid names and i hate Wednesdays so maybe Hull. If they were called Fridays I would be on them

boz-monaut
27-05-2016, 06:31 PM
the game is on 2–4 a.m. on Sunday morning, just before the Cempions Lig final

might be hard to swing, although this is one of the few occasions that having a screaming baby wake you up at all hours can be an advantage

also, I'm favouring Wednesday for 90s nostalgia reasons - I'm keen to see them back in the Premier League

plague
27-05-2016, 06:44 PM
Hull V Wednesday.

2 stupid names and i hate Wednesdays so maybe Hull. If they were called Fridays I would be on them

i used to live in 'ull.

caaaarrrnnnn

plague
27-05-2016, 06:46 PM
having a screaming baby wake you up at all hours can be an advantage

why is the Member having a sleepover at yours Mr Boz?

(cheap shot i know but serious worth a dig soz Member).

boz-monaut
27-05-2016, 07:00 PM
as if anyone with a child would let someone who looks like that in their house

MFKS
27-05-2016, 08:42 PM
as if anyone with a child would let someone who looks like that in their house

Costs nothing to be nice you know

5 5 5

plague
29-05-2016, 12:56 PM
My heart will be torn when Lester and 'ull fight it out for the title next year but God will be great and deliver the right result.

hawk
29-05-2016, 05:29 PM
way to good. Wednesday will have to wait another day

the_butcher
14-08-2016, 08:09 PM
Derby starting the season the way they finished the last...like a bucket of horse shit. Deadset haven't brought any new players in. Only silver-lining is that we normally save our shitness until after christmas, hopefully we are getting it out of the way now.

On another note, can we all just take a minute to laugh at the Newcastle fans who harped on about how they would "walk this league" and go undefeated :rof::rof::rof:

skippy
15-08-2016, 09:50 AM
Mooy > Newcastle

hawk
28-08-2016, 11:46 PM
best league in Engerlund

Retro Jet
08-05-2017, 10:53 AM
A great day to be a Newcastle fan :pissup:
and a sh!t one if you're Sunderland :rof:

hawk
08-05-2017, 09:00 PM
sht ay, watching the 3 efl games on Bein and checking live scores when Brighton drop to 2nd in the last minute of the season.

Not as late as Man city's epl winner the other yr though. One the best finishes ever that yr.

plague
30-05-2017, 12:20 AM
monday night football.
cracking game so far

plague
30-05-2017, 07:09 AM
Mooy, garbage slow bald etc etc.

seems like he'll now be garbage slow and bald in the EPL.

cc:Member.

pv4
30-05-2017, 08:59 AM
And may this Public holiday forever be known as the 30th of Mooy

Jeterpool
30-05-2017, 02:39 PM
And may this Public holiday forever be known as the 30th of Mooy

#dadjoke ;)

MFKS
30-05-2017, 03:13 PM
Mooy, garbage slow bald etc etc.

seems like he'll now be garbage slow and bald in the EPL.

cc:Member.

If he gets a run

Nothing to brag about

FFS Adrian Caceres plays for an EPL club

Even Devon head sat in the reserves for one

MFKS
18-07-2017, 07:09 PM
Any of you who support a Championship or lower league side then check out EFL IFollower

For $195 a year they streaming nearly all of the club's matches bar about a dozen in the EFL who haven't signed up

hawk
18-07-2017, 08:16 PM
best comp by far

Frodo
07-04-2018, 06:48 AM
Cardiff just missed two penalties in extra time. Yes, two. Against Wolves to lose 1-0.

Wolves basically into the PL now. 9 points clear. I'm very interested to see how they go in the PL and who else they sign .

Ruben Neves is top class.
Costa is superb.
Ruddy is easily Premier league quality.

Supposedly they have 1st dibs on Andre Silva who is the Portugese NT striker from AC Milan. Always good when the owner is best mates with super agent Jorge Mendes. Love the dodgyness of the whole thing.

Bremsstrahlung
20-04-2019, 01:46 PM
What a battle.
Automatic qualification is gonna be brutal!

Frodo
29-04-2019, 11:20 AM
https://v.redd.it/xwnyt1pub0v21

Did anybody witness the calamity that was Leeds vs Villa?

StannyCFCJET
29-04-2019, 11:43 AM

Wow just wow

baldrick
29-04-2019, 12:21 PM

Blimey.

StannyCFCJET
29-04-2019, 12:53 PM
Has anything like this been seen before?

Roundball Enthusiast
29-04-2019, 01:05 PM
Imagine if the referee just blew the whistle and did his job.

Players have ZERO responsibility to stop if someone goes down.

Play the fkn whistle.

Bluebeard
29-04-2019, 01:53 PM
Has anything like this been seen before?

Not the same issue but similar sporting gesture- Arsenal v Sheffield Utd FA Cup 98/99 season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whO5GAFBp30

Jetmaster
29-04-2019, 01:59 PM
Ridiculous - play the whistle, end of. Looked like the Villa player hurt himself.

Aegon
29-04-2019, 02:13 PM

Mental, play the Fn whistle. It wasn't a head injury or affecting play FFS.
I wouldn't be happy if I was a Leeds fan.

plague
29-04-2019, 03:46 PM
Ridiculous - play the whistle, end of. Looked like the Villa player hurt himself.

i was watching it live (without sound) because it seemed like a good idea to put the Arsenal game on the big screen. its been a long night so am a bit foggy on the events.

but

it seemed like they were playing the whistle, but the Villa blokes did assume old mate was gonna put it out when he slowed up, gestured to the sideline then 'seemed' to make a no look pass to the goalscorer.

buddy that put in the through ball knew he was taking advantage of the situation. and he is 'entitled' to do so, but geez, he can also be called out as a complete pillock for it.

all of these things can be true.

the Leeds defender who took a swipe out at the bloke scoring the square up needs to be dropped. not for going against team orders, but for the terrible attempt at a tackle.

Also also. **** Villa, esp Jedinak and Terry. Imagine claiming to be about 'playing the game the right way' when you sign ****s like that.

Bremsstrahlung
30-04-2019, 05:40 AM
I’m kind of happy with all aspects of that.
Bullshit injury. Team play on. Ffs Leeds are hoping to finish top 2 and with a win there had hope.
Agree with plague, up until old mate slows down it’s obvious they are playing on. When he slows down it causes them to switch off. So in the moment is when it gets into murky waters in terms of “fair play”.
He has every right to do so as per the rules.

Bielsa has done the fair thing. Credit to him, he was obviously hating on Terry but put that anger aside. Hope we see them in the EPL, otherwise I think it’ll be at least another year or two.

Not sure if old mate didn’t get the message or if he thought fark that, I’m not giving up a goal.

Sets up an exciting possible playoff game.

MFKS
30-04-2019, 09:32 AM
The funniest part of all that is John Terry whining about ethics at the Leeds bench

Time was right for him to sit down and shut up

MFKS
30-04-2019, 09:43 AM
i was watching it live (without sound) because it seemed like a good idea to put the Arsenal game on the big screen. its been a long night so am a bit foggy on the events.

but

it seemed like they were playing the whistle, but the Villa blokes did assume old mate was gonna put it out when he slowed up, gestured to the sideline then 'seemed' to make a no look pass to the goalscorer.

buddy that put in the through ball knew he was taking advantage of the situation. and he is 'entitled' to do so, but geez, he can also be called out as a complete pillock for it.

all of these things can be true.

the Leeds defender who took a swipe out at the bloke scoring the square up needs to be dropped. not for going against team orders, but for the terrible attempt at a tackle.

Also also. **** Villa, esp Jedinak and Terry. Imagine claiming to be about 'playing the game the right way' when you sign ****s like that.

The kicking the ball shit out

The hypocrisy is mind blowing

We as Skips are quick to bitch and moan when Asian teams play act and go down easily

We then have a NT who have made it a policy of playing on regardless and were quite vocal on doing this under Ange

So why are you calling old mate a pillock for playing the same way our NT have been playing the game for several years now and do so without being called out for similar pillock behaviour ??

plague
30-04-2019, 11:01 AM
So why are you calling old mate a pillock for playing the same way our NT have been playing the game for several years now and do so without being called out for similar pillock behaviour ??

Diving = simulation = frowned upon = people call you a pillock.
Faking injuries = simulation = frowned upon = people call you a pillock.
Feigning to kick the ball out = simulation = frowned upon = people call you a pillock.

see, it all works pretty well.

Bon
30-04-2019, 11:31 AM
Diving = simulation = frowned upon = people call you a pillock.
Faking injuries = simulation = frowned upon = people call you a pillock.
Feigning to kick the ball out = simulation = frowned upon = people call you a pillock.

see, it all works pretty well.

Makes sense..

Jeterpool
06-05-2019, 07:46 AM
Thoughts on the play-offs? Leeds look like they're spluttering along and are hardly in form heading into these fixtures.

Aegon
06-05-2019, 01:49 PM
Thoughts on the play-offs? Leeds look like they're spluttering along and are hardly in form heading into these fixtures.

Derby over Leeds
Villa over West Brom

Villa to choke in the play off final leaving Derby to be promoted from 6th :rof:

Aegon
16-05-2019, 08:01 AM
2/2 so far.
Lets see if Villa will choke as I said.

Frodo
23-07-2020, 07:27 AM
Next season we should do a sweepstakes for the Championship. So much fun to watch the league anyways, plus there's always heaps of drama towards the end of the year.

At worst we should all pick second teams at the start of the season and have a banter full thread on here to talk some shit.

Barnsley staying up with an extra time goal, the players first goal with the club too, and potentially ruining Brentford's season was beautiful football to watch.

All the drama of Wigan hurt to watch, someone needs to lose their job over that ownership scandal. Dodgy betting syndicates in Hong Kong probably aren't ideal owners..

Hull, a huge club, went down with 6 losses on the trot but somehow Luton Town, absolute minnows, fell out of the relegation zone on the last day after spending almost the entire season in it. So many stories from a single round of football.

evolution
23-07-2020, 09:12 AM
I feel bad for Wigan, we (Fulham) needed the win this morning to at least give ourselves a chance to get auto-promotion but wasn't to be. Losing twice to Barnsley really f#@ked it.

Playoffs it is...

Frodo
23-07-2020, 11:36 AM
I feel bad for Wigan, we (Fulham) needed the win this morning to at least give ourselves a chance to get auto-promotion but wasn't to be. Losing twice to Barnsley really f#@ked it.

Playoffs it is...

You have been in decent form. Everyone shat the bed at the pointy end regarding automatic promotion.

evolution
23-07-2020, 12:55 PM
You have been in decent form. Everyone shat the bed at the pointy end regarding automatic promotion.

Yeah something like 7 games in a row undefeated now.

Hoping the form and the fact we have a fair bit of experience in the playoffs in recent years can help us.

baldrick
23-07-2020, 01:13 PM
Hull, a huge club, went down with 6 losses on the trot but somehow Luton Town, absolute minnows, fell out of the relegation zone on the last day after spending almost the entire season in it. So many stories from a single round of football.

How about those Hatters. Always been my second team, since they were in the old first division in the eighties

Jeterpool
05-08-2020, 06:56 AM
Oh bugger. Come on Brentford!!!!

Bremsstrahlung
05-08-2020, 07:17 AM
Damn. Didn’t really care who got promoted, but found myself a little invested in Brentfords run of wins to take them into consideration.
Also a bit sick of the 3 year cycle of EPL relegation, playoff failure/rebuild, promotion, repeat.

Good on Fulham. Very cagey affair.

Retro Jet
05-08-2020, 08:07 AM
Welcome back Fulham, welcome back the Cottage.
It's amazing where truck bumpers can take you...

evolution
05-08-2020, 08:46 AM
Such a great morning. Brentford talked themselves up and thought they'd won it before a ball was kick. Eat shit. We are back!

boz-monaut
05-08-2020, 09:40 AM
pleased to see Fulham back up

let's see how many millions of pounds they waste getting relegated this time

StannyCFCJET
05-08-2020, 11:36 AM
Can't wait to see their fans sing we hate Chelsea most weeks when we in fact don't care about/hate fullham much at all

Jetmaster
05-08-2020, 01:05 PM
Only thing I liked about Craven Cottage was they made a decent flat white in the coffee shop.

Retro Jet
05-08-2020, 01:26 PM
Only thing I liked about Craven Cottage was they made a decent flat white in the coffee shop.

The one thing I like about Craven Cottage is it's where we beat the poms 1-3 :rof:

evolution
05-08-2020, 01:29 PM
The one thing I like about Craven Cottage is it's where we beat the poms 1-3 :rof:

Actually that was at Upton Park :rof:

Frodo
22-05-2021, 11:11 PM
If you aren't watching the championship play off second leg. I don't like you and we can't be friends. Sorry.

Bremsstrahlung
02-06-2021, 06:52 AM
But Late but welcome brentford.
Hopefully some vuvuzuelas to replicate the buzzing bees of brentford.

Red card was almost comical. Runs into tackle, Slips over and loses legs and as a consequence collects the player both studs up.