PDA

View Full Version : 2013/2014 a-league draw wishlist

Superdylan
20-05-2013, 09:43 AM
Superdylans wishlist

. Saturday 7:45pm start against sydney fc at the sfs for at least one of the games next season
. 2 home games against western sydney (one early in the season eg round 3 or 4) & no regional match at campbelltown next season
. Saturday coast away games again, 5:30pm or 7:45pm don't care really.
. One trip to Perth
. No playing 2 teams at home or away in quick time frames (like when we had the coast twice away in just over a month)
. Move 7:30pm friday night games back to 8pm starts
. If we host a regional game have it at Port Macquarie (wouldn't mind having a weekend up there again)

Pretty sure we have an extra home game next season, so does that we will be required to host a regional game?

pv4
20-05-2013, 10:02 AM
from what i understand about the regional games nowadays, they alternate years so whoever hosted one this year doesn't get one next year. i'm hoping for a mussy regional game tbh.

even though i didn't utilize it myself, i'd love for them to keep the long-weekend melbz double-header

joel31
20-05-2013, 10:10 AM
1 trip to Wellington as well. Less Friday games as I have to come up from Sydney

MFKS
20-05-2013, 04:13 PM
Hopefully in melburn on the saturday 26th/sunday 27th Ocober as I will be there anyways .
Will more than likely get a fixture at Shittoungue on the Friday 25th October as I have a wedding to go to that night and apparently I have to go

Hopefully the first weekend in November we don't have a game in Melburn as I will be coming home on the Saturday 2nd November
We will most likely get a home game on the Friday night 1st November

Grimario
20-05-2013, 04:21 PM
27 games against New Zealand Knights.

Maybe some against North Queensland Fury.

belchardo
20-05-2013, 04:38 PM
27 games against New Zealand Knights.

Maybe some against North Queensland Fury.

will have to get a new away strip for the Fury games.

Grimario
20-05-2013, 04:54 PM
will have to get a new away strip for the Fury games.

Away trips? 27 home games, thanks. We are turd on the road.

Pretty turd on the grass as well actually.

leftrightout
20-05-2013, 04:58 PM
Hopefully in melburn on the saturday 26th/sunday 27th Ocober as I will be there anyways .
Will more than likely get a fixture at Shittoungue on the Friday 25th October as I have a wedding to go to that night and apparently I have to go

Hopefully the first weekend in November we don't have a game in Melburn as I will be coming home on the Saturday 2nd November
We will most likely get a home game on the Friday night 1st November

I am hoping for a game in Melbourne 1st weekend of November as I will be down there already.

hawk
20-05-2013, 06:51 PM
Improve surface and Kick the Knights off the ground altogether. Cessnock would be centre of support. No Sunday games, kids can stay up past 8.30 on Sats

MFKS
20-05-2013, 08:03 PM
Should have a regional round game in the West Lakes area.

Apparently they are going gangbusters down there with support of the jets as people clamber to support the Jets and deny any association with gypos.

Be the biggest thing ever out at Tronno

evolution
20-05-2013, 09:44 PM
Hoping for an away game v Adelaide over the Christmas/New Year period. Won't happen, but a man can dream...

northern_swan
20-05-2013, 10:20 PM
No home game 5.30 starts on Saturdays.
No double trips to Perth and NZ, like we seem to always get.
Play the Gypo games h&a on Friday nights, to stop the ultras getting rissoled from noon and being Drunk and ready to fight by kickoff (realise it won't matter to the Gypo fans because the 12 fans they do have are all on Centerlink anyway).

belchardo
21-05-2013, 05:51 AM
will be interesting how they handle the games later in the season with potential clashes with local football and league/rugby/afl (not so much).

so basically: a draw that reflects when fans are actually going to be able to attend.

Chadandkira12
21-05-2013, 07:57 AM
Read an email about my membership saying the price is going up a little to accommodate an extra home game so 14 home Ames this year and would love only 1 trip to perf and nz

parksey
21-05-2013, 11:17 AM
two coast away games plz

BodyNovo
21-05-2013, 11:44 AM
Friday nights at turton road 8pm :)

2 wellington aways (must be one of the only ones who loves the trip besides the points dropped)

double header over Christmas again don't care where (Adelaide and perth maybe)

and NO sunday games

q-money
21-05-2013, 12:07 PM
5pm sunday arvo tenzo pool session

belchardo
21-05-2013, 12:36 PM
according to the roar, draw to be released tomorrow.

http://www.theroar.com.au/2013/05/21/what-a-league-fixtures-do-you-want-to-see-on-friday-night-fta/

probably should have got our wishes in earlier...

Premy
21-05-2013, 01:32 PM
No home game 5.30 starts on Saturdays.
No double trips to Perth and NZ, like we seem to always get.
Play the Gypo games h&a on Friday nights, to stop the ultras getting rissoled from noon and being Drunk and ready to fight by kickoff (realise it won't matter to the Gypo fans because the 12 fans they do have are all on Centerlink anyway).
What. I hope your joking derbies should never be on a Friday night

Rocknerd
21-05-2013, 02:44 PM
two coast away games plz

round 1 Saturday night Sydney away + 1 more at SFS or Bathurst regional round

2x trips to Parra Stadium

Adelaide away February next year for a nice weekend away day.

q-money
21-05-2013, 02:54 PM
play the regional game in a region that actually gives a **** about the jets

not bathurst
not campbelltown (ffs one of the great swindles of the hay licck, a 3 point gift to the wanderers)

Superdylan
21-05-2013, 09:31 PM
according to the roar, draw to be released tomorrow.

http://www.theroar.com.au/2013/05/21/what-a-league-fixtures-do-you-want-to-see-on-friday-night-fta/

probably should have got our wishes in earlier...

Lol had no idea it was getting released so early. I swear the last 2 years it has been released fairly late around the late june/ early july period.

Anyways mods feel free to turn this into the official draw thread for 2moz.

Pico
22-05-2013, 08:02 AM
Grand final rematch for A-League's opening round

http://images.smh.com.au/2013/05/21/4290680/---aleeg-20130521170000205214-620x349.jpg
Shot at redemption: The Wanderers will travel to Gosford to open their A-League season in a grand-final rematch. Photo: Brendan Esposito

A-League champions Central Coast will begin their title defence at home against Western Sydney Wanderers.

Football Federation Australia will release the draw for the 2013/14 season on Wednesday morning and Fairfax Media understands that the Mariners will host the premiers at Bluetongue Stadium in round one.

A chance for immediate redemption has been a regular fixture in the A-League with six seasons of the eight possible beginning with a grand final rematch. Only the opening rounds of the 2007/08 and 2009/10 seasons did not include such a fixture. The pairing of the Wanderers and the Mariners is also a repeat of round one last season where the two teams played out a scoreless stalemate at Parramatta Stadium.

Central Coast could receive as many as six of the nine games against NSW rivals at home after playing just three of those fixtures at Bluetongue last year. The Mariners were disappointed to miss out on so many of their crowd-pulling clashes last season and played just one game at home against Sydney FC, Western Sydney and Newcastle. It is understood that the FFA will make amends by giving the champions two home games against all three. Central Coast are set to continue their successful New Year's Eve fixture with Perth Glory the likely opponent.
Advertisement

The Wanderers are also looking to cash-in on the holiday period, and executive chairman Lyall Gorman hinted at a repeat of last seasons matches on public holidays.

"We'd like to have regularly events on the calendar. We held a game on New Year's Day which we would like to replicate and Australia Day." Gorman said.

Sydney FC will begin the season with a home game and it is understood they will be given their preference for the bulk of their home fixtures to be scheduled for Saturday nights. The Sky Blues identified the Saturday night kick-off as their best crowd-puller and the FFA is expected to grant that request for the majority of games at Allianz Stadium.

The upcoming season will start one week later than last year. The first game is set for Friday, October 11 and the grand final could be played as late as May. The FFA will push the finale back to the latest date ever in an attempt to accommodate the wishes of domestic-based players vying for places in the 2014 World Cup and to keep the end of the season in line with that of European competitions.

www.smh.com.au/sport/a-league/grand-final-rematch-for-aleagues-opening-round-0130521-2jyou.html#ixzz2Ty1CZTQA

So the rumours of the later finish seem to have basically been confirmed.

Pico
22-05-2013, 08:06 AM
Eight Brisbane Roar games to be broadcast live on SBS next season

Marco Monteverde, Tom Smithies
The Courier-Mail
May 22, 2013 12:00AM

http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2013/05/21/1226619/509019-roar-fans.jpg
Roar fans will be able to watch their team in some free-to-air matches next season. Picture: Craig Greenhill Source: The Daily Telegraph

EIGHT Brisbane Roar matches will be shown live on free-to-air television next season when SBS becomes co-broadcasters of the A-League with Fox Sports.

The 2013-14 A-League draw will be released today, with The Courier-Mail having learned that almost a third of Brisbane's 27 regular-season matches will be played on Friday nights.

Under the new $160 million broadcast deal, both SBS2 and Fox Sports will televise Friday night A-League matches.

The season kicks off on Friday October 11, when Sydney FC take on the Newcastle Jets.

It's understood the Roar will travel to New Zealand in round one to take on Wellington Phoenix.

In other opening round fixtures, the Victory will meet the Heart in the Melbourne derby, Adelaide United will do battle with Perth Glory, and Central Coast Mariners and Western Sydney Wanderers will clash in a grand final re-match.

The Roar are unlikely to play any matches at Suncorp Stadium in December due to the Milton venue hosting Taylor Swift and Bon Jovi concerts.

But Roar general manager Sean Dobson was hopeful of the club staging a regional fixture in north Queensland on December 21.

In other features of the 2013-14 schedule, the grand final is set to be pushed back to May.

Meanwhile, the Roar are expected to today confirm the signing of former Republic of Ireland international Liam Miller.

The Courier-Mail reported last month that the 32-year-old ex-Manchester United and Celtic playmaker was likely to join the Roar after spending the past two A-League seasons with the Glory.

The Roar will also today detail a pre-season schedule that will include matches against National Premier League teams Brisbane City, Brisbane Strikers, Palm Beach and Western Pride.

Meanwhile, concern over the future of the Socceroos has claimed its first victim, with national teams boss John Boultbee departing after almost eight years in charge.

Boultbee, responsible for managing all the men and women's various national teams, will leave FFA at the end of the qualifying campaign for next year's World Cup to stand for the presidency of rowing's international governing body, FISA.

Going to be interesting to see the break up of games is, can't see us getting many Friday night games due to wanting the capitals for the TV ratings & with the piece about SFC getting the pick of Saturday night games, we may be sent back to the Sunday arvo graveyard again.

Pico
22-05-2013, 08:08 AM
Melbourne Victory and Melbourne Heart will again meet in Round 1 of the A-League next season

David Davutovic
Herald Sun
May 22, 2013 12:00AM

http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2013/05/21/1226647/946595-simon-colosimo-and-archie-thompson.jpg
The Melbourne Victory and Melbourne Heart will again meet in Round 1. Source: Herald Sun

THE Melbourne derby will again be played in Round 1 next A-League season, but it has been replaced as the opening game by an Alessandro Del Piero and Emile Heskey duel.

Sydney FC and Newcastle Jets will open the season on Friday, October 11 before a Central Coast-Western Sydney grand final rematch kicks off a Saturday double-header, with Victory hosting Heart at Etihad Stadium.

Heart will hosts the other two derbies at AAMI Park - the traditional pre-Christmas clash and one in March.

Next season will be revealed to have the latest finish to an A-League campaign when Football Federation Australia launches the fixture season this morning in Sydney.

A May grand final will give A-League players a better chance to make the Socceroos' World Cup squad, assuming Holger Osieck's side qualifies.

Two A-League players have made each of the 2006 and 2010 World Cup squads, with the seasons finishing in February and March respectively in those years.

The early May finish puts the A-League in line with most leagues around the world, with FIFA mandating a May 15 cut-off for domestic competitions before the World Cup in Brazil.

There are more Friday night blockbusters than last season, but it remains to be seen whether the draw satisfies SBS.

It's the first season A-League games will be televised on free-to-air after FFA signed a $160 million deal with SBS and Fox Sports for the next four seasons.

SBS will show Friday night games live on SBS2 simultaneously with Fox Sports, and early indications from Socceroos games suggest free-to-air viewing figures will double those of the pay-TV network.

Melbourne Heart, Adelaide United and strong-rating Melbourne Victory dominate the Friday night slot, which is traditionally a strong crowd-puller.

FFA has been kind to Heart, which played only two home games on a Friday last season.

It will play eight Friday games, hosting five at AAMI Park.

Victory hosts three Friday night games and plays three on the road.

Otherwise, the 27-round fixture will have a similar look to last season, with the draw effectively reversed.

The festive season has proved popular and FFA has again fixture 16 games in 18 days.

Heskey vs ADP, not a bad way for SBS2 to kick off their new broadcast deal.

Beeen
22-05-2013, 11:00 AM
kudos to the photoshopper at the HS.

leftrightout
22-05-2013, 11:04 AM
That photo is classic colosimo.... flying in, studs up at the knee! They have captured his true personality there!

tenschooners
22-05-2013, 11:08 AM
the draw

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/aleague/results/2013-14/all-rounds/286/0

Grimario
22-05-2013, 11:14 AM
Round 1 Fixtures

Sydney FC v Newcastle Jets FC -
11 OCTOBER 7:30PM ALLIANZ STADIUM

Round 2 Fixtures

Newcastle Jets FC v Perth Glory FC -
20 OCTOBER 3:00PM HUNTER STADIUM

Round 3 Fixtures

Wellington Phoenix FC v Newcastle Jets FC -
27 OCTOBER 5:00PM TBA - NZ

Round 4 Fixtures

Newcastle Jets FC v Central Coast Mariners -
2 NOVEMBER 7:30PM HUNTER STADIUM

Round 5 Fixtures

Adelaide United FC v Newcastle Jets FC -
9 NOVEMBER 5:00PM HINDMARSH STADIUM

Round 6 Fixtures

Newcastle Jets FC v Brisbane Roar FC -
17 NOVEMBER 5:00PM HUNTER STADIUM

Round 7 Fixtures

Newcastle Jets FC v Melbourne Heart FC -
24 NOVEMBER 5:00PM HUNTER STADIUM

Round 8 Fixtures

Sydney FC v Newcastle Jets FC -
30 NOVEMBER 7:30PM ALLIANZ STADIUM

Round 9 Fixtures

Melbourne Victory FC v Newcastle Jets FC -
8 DECEMBER 5:00PM AAMI PARK

Round 10 Fixtures

Newcastle Jets FC v Western Sydney Wanderers -
14 DECEMBER 7:30PM HUNTER STADIUM

Round 11 Fixtures

Brisbane Roar FC v Newcastle Jets FC -
20 DECEMBER 6:30PM T.B.C

Round 12 Fixtures

Adelaide United FC v Newcastle Jets FC -
29 DECEMBER 4:30PM HINDMARSH STADIUM

Round 13 Fixtures

Newcastle Jets FC v Perth Glory FC -
4 JANUARY 5:30PM HUNTER STADIUM

Round 14 Fixtures

Newcastle Jets FC v Melbourne Victory FC -
10 JANUARY 7:30PM HUNTER STADIUM

Round 15 Fixtures

Melbourne Heart FC v Newcastle Jets FC -
17 JANUARY 7:30PM AAMI PARK

Round 16 Fixtures

Central Coast Mariners v Newcastle Jets FC -
25 JANUARY 7:30PM BLUETONGUE STADIUM

Round 17 Fixtures

Newcastle Jets FC v Western Sydney Wanderers -
1 FEBRUARY 7:30PM HUNTER STADIUM

Round 18 Fixtures

Newcastle Jets FC v Wellington Phoenix FC -
9 FEBRUARY 5:00PM HUNTER STADIUM

Round 19 Fixtures

Brisbane Roar FC v Newcastle Jets FC -
16 FEBRUARY 4:00PM SUNCORP STADIUM

Round 20 Fixtures

Newcastle Jets FC v Sydney FC -
22 FEBRUARY 5:30PM HUNTER STADIUM

Round 21 Fixtures

Western Sydney Wanderers v Newcastle Jets FC -
2 MARCH 5:00PM PARRAMATTA STADIUM

Round 22 Fixtures

Newcastle Jets FC v Melbourne Heart FC -
8 MARCH 5:30PM HUNTER STADIUM

Round 23 Fixtures

Central Coast Mariners v Newcastle Jets FC -
15 MARCH 7:30PM BLUETONGUE STADIUM

Round 24 Fixtures

Newcastle Jets FC v Wellington Phoenix FC -
22 MARCH 5:30PM HUNTER STADIUM

Round 25 Fixtures

Perth Glory FC v Newcastle Jets FC -
29 MARCH 6:30PM NIB STADIUM

Round 26 Fixtures

Newcastle Jets FC v Melbourne Victory FC -
5 APRIL 5:30PM HUNTER STADIUM

Round 27 Fixtures

Newcastle Jets FC v Adelaide United FC -
11 APRIL 7:30PM HUNTER STADIUM, NEWCASTLE

Two trips to Pootongue, one trip to NIB and Caketin, finishing with back to back home games.

Jetmaster
22-05-2013, 11:16 AM
The usual mixed bag....good things - no double trips to Wello or Perth. F3 derby night before Australia Day looks huge.

We do have a few 3pm-5pm kickoffs though and no holiday trip really stands out.

snake
22-05-2013, 11:24 AM
LLLDLDW in the firdt 7 rds should be enough to see GVE sacked

kutgw, eff eff aye

Grimario
22-05-2013, 11:39 AM
LLLDLDW in the firdt 7 rds should be enough to see GVE sacked

kutgw, eff eff aye
Bit optimistic there, surely?

LLLLLLW is more likely.

Rocknerd
22-05-2013, 11:47 AM
So I already planned and paid the family vacation and am spending the week before Australia day down in Jervis bay. ****ing hell! gonig to miss Gosford away again!!!!

Luck i'll still get the second one though.

Got my Wish for Round 1 at SFS and Friday night means the Wife will still have me the whole weekend to make up for the 6 extra hours alone with a 3 month old, a 2 year old and a 4 year old!
Every thing coming up Rocknerd!

boz-monaut
22-05-2013, 11:54 AM
will get onto .ics file soon, possible not until next week though as would rather not spend precious Newcastle time on this

Mitchy
22-05-2013, 11:54 AM
needs more melbourne double headers

also sydney away on friday nights are gay

Superdylan
22-05-2013, 11:59 AM
I've noticed one of the games against Brisbane roar away is still undecided aswell as Wellington.

Community game against the roar my guess sunshine coast? Wellington, Auckland?

pv4
22-05-2013, 12:02 PM
wellington regional game was in dunedin last season. not sure if they'll do that again or not

Blackmac79
22-05-2013, 12:05 PM
Pretty sure brisbane are playing in townsville

selassie
22-05-2013, 12:28 PM
two coast aways. two adeliade aways.

wellington game not in wellington. they played a game each in dunedin and auckland last year. not sure if this is a good or bad thing.

zorse
22-05-2013, 03:08 PM
Friday night games still appear to be 7:30pm kick-off, disappointing. Coming from Sydney, earliest train I can get from work gets to broady at 7:43 or something, so 8pm kick-off would've been nicer! Oh well, at least it's only 2 games this time, just have to be late or maybe conveniently have a sickie on those fridays lol

MFKS
22-05-2013, 04:15 PM
I've noticed one of the games against Brisbane roar away is still undecided aswell as Wellington.

Community game against the roar my guess sunshine coast? Wellington, Auckland?

Apparently Suncorp is hosting concerts that weekend so we could end up anywhere.

Heres hoping they put it on the Gold Coast as I hear there is a place there on Cavall ave I need to show you SD:whistling:

militiamon
22-05-2013, 04:26 PM
Boxing Day - SFC Home Game
New Year's Eve - CCM Home Game
New Year's Day - WSW Home Game
Night before Australia Day - CCM Home Game
Australia Day 1 - MBV Home Game (against SFC)
Australia Day 2 - WSW Home Game

6 of the top fixtures of the year in terms of marketable dates, 5 go to Sydney + Central Coast.
OMGCONspiracy!!!!!

edit: actually Adelaide also get a game on the night before Australia Day, but still.

q-money
22-05-2013, 05:45 PM
grown ups only friday night sydney game (y)

MFKS
22-05-2013, 05:56 PM
It does come across as a dumb idea to have Jets v Smurfs on a friday night. On a saturday early evening you would think we would get 1000 + to it. Being that it is a 3 hour train ride home and you can now sit back and watch it on SBS will probably be down to 200-300

militiamon
22-05-2013, 06:47 PM
grown ups only friday night sydney game (y)

...not to mention the unemployed/those living on social welfare.

GazFish35
22-05-2013, 07:11 PM
It does come across as a dumb idea to have Jets v Smurfs on a friday night. On a saturday early evening you would think we would get 1000 + to it. Being that it is a 3 hour train ride home and you can now sit back and watch it on SBS will probably be down to 200-300

What game would you have had as its replacement?

Superdylan
22-05-2013, 08:25 PM
...not to mention the unemployed/those living on social welfare.

Or not be mention the shift workers/part time workers/casuals :)

Great way to start the season, looking forward to a 5am train home.

militiamon
22-05-2013, 09:42 PM
Or not be mention the shift workers/part time workers/casuals :)

Great way to start the season, looking forward to a 5am train home.

And last of all there will be the general rejects of society (i.e students like myself).

MFKS
23-05-2013, 10:27 AM
What game would you have had as its replacement?
Smurfs V Roar/Heart/Nix/Pissants/ Glory/Gypos teams that ain't gonna travel in great numbers to Sydney anyway.

Victree Jets WSW will bring decent turn outs anyway. Why **** with the actual crowd by discouraging people from going??

I can sit on CityRail for 3 hours that Friday arvo to watch the game at SFS and then another 3 hours that night most likely getting back to newy at 1am. I will do that. Some ****s will go no **** it I will watch it on TV for the convenience

GazFish35
23-05-2013, 04:07 PM
You'll never make a football administrator.
Gotta protect tv.

This is modern football.

De-Champ
23-05-2013, 04:16 PM
Smurfs V Roar/Heart/Nix/Pissants/ Glory/Gypos teams that ain't gonna travel in great numbers to Sydney anyway.

Victree Jets WSW will bring decent turn outs anyway. Why **** with the actual crowd by discouraging people from going??

I can sit on CityRail for 3 hours that Friday arvo to watch the game at SFS and then another 3 hours that night most likely getting back to newy at 1am. I will do that. Some ****s will go no **** it I will watch it on TV for the convenience

You could stay in Sydney overnight and catch the gypos game on the way back the next day

ForeverRed
23-05-2013, 04:19 PM
The idea for free to air is for people who don't have fox to watch a game, this then may encourage them to attend a game in their local are, so people watch jets v Sydney on free to air, hopefully it's a cracker of a game and the following week when the jets are at home they decide to come along , although I too will make the long trek to Sydney on the Friday even though I have fox

GazFish35
23-05-2013, 04:21 PM
The idea for free to air is for people who don't have fox to watch a game, this then may encourage them to attend a game in their local are, so people watch jets v Sydney on free to air, hopefully it's a cracker of a game and the following week when the jets are at home they decide to come along , although I too will make the long trek to Sydney on the Friday even though I have fox

This.

It's as much an admission that Sydney won't draw decent crowds so might as well get decent tv ratings.

hawk
23-05-2013, 06:38 PM
This.

It's as much an admission that Sydney won't draw decent crowds so might as well get decent tv ratings.

same as grubby league but theyve been doing it forever

RedMexican
23-05-2013, 07:05 PM
Apparently Suncorp is hosting concerts that weekend so we could end up anywhere.

Heres hoping they put it on the Gold Coast as I hear there is a place there on Cavall ave I need to show you SD:whistling:

Actually think the game could end up in the lockyer valley somewhere, eg, toowoomba, ipswich, gatton or forrest hill.

plague
23-05-2013, 09:37 PM
Actually think the game could end up in the lockyer valley.

Fortitude Valley would be better.

weston
24-05-2013, 07:25 AM
Hopefully the regional game goes to Mackay. Only 1 and a half hour drive there. Next best townsville, 3 hour drive. But the Cairns and Sunshine Coast ( i think was the other mentioned, may have been gold coast) may be a little too far away.

MFKS
24-05-2013, 11:11 AM
You could stay in Sydney overnight and catch the gypos game on the way back the next day

What sort of retarded ****ing idea is that.

The only time I will contribute a cent to the cause of those putrid ****s is when they are at home to Circus Newcastle Jets.
I refuse to buy drink/food at the ground. All they get from me is ticket entry fee.

They could rot in poor credit for the rest of the year for all I care