PDA

View Full Version : Please stop it, it is part of the game!

leftrightout
21-05-2013, 07:47 AM
I dont know if this thread will get deleted or blocked but i didnt want to post it in just one league thread as it seems to happen in all of them!

I am sick of reading on here of teams losing 2-1 or 3-1 or whatever it they get beaten and claiming that they were only beaten by goals that were defender errors, so a truer indication of the game would have been 1-1 or something.
Please f*cking stop it, goals from defender errors happen in basically every game in world football. If you go through every goal in history, in any league, you can pretty much pick out where a defender has made a mistake.
It is part of the game and does not mean the goal is worth any less or the game should not have been that score line.
The attacking team still needs to finish the chance!

Instead of insisting that every goal was a defender error and should not have happened, man up and take it.

There are some terrible losers on this forum, who blame everyone from referees to their own team mates.... take the blame as a team on the chin.
Who knows if you actually accept it and work on the problems, these "defensive errors" might start to get fixed!

Rant over!

snake
21-05-2013, 08:12 AM
pretty sure the hpnujerksfc only conceded this type of soft goals last year.

rumour has it that when this is taken into consideration, we made the top 6 (y)

cobra23
21-05-2013, 08:32 AM
I dont know if this thread will get deleted or blocked but i didnt want to post it in just one league thread as it seems to happen in all of them!

I am sick of reading on here of teams losing 2-1 or 3-1 or whatever it they get beaten and claiming that they were only beaten by goals that were defender errors, so a truer indication of the game would have been 1-1 or something.
Please f*cking stop it, goals from defender errors happen in basically every game in world football. If you go through every goal in history, in any league, you can pretty much pick out where a defender has made a mistake.
It is part of the game and does not mean the goal is worth any less or the game should not have been that score line.
The attacking team still needs to finish the chance!

Instead of insisting that every goal was a defender error and should not have happened, man up and take it.

There are some terrible losers on this forum, who blame everyone from referees to their own team mates.... take the blame as a team on the chin.
Who knows if you actually accept it and work on the problems, these "defensive errors" might start to get fixed!

Rant over!

My guess is that your a Defender, and you were blamed for letting goals in on the weekend... ha ha:grin:

pv4
21-05-2013, 09:02 AM
in many of those games in World football, many commentators and managers regularly state that a different result would have been more fair.

On this local foz when only results are posted many people ask for match reports. When match reports are given, no one is happy with them due to bias. But how many neutrals actually go watch local games? Why expect different? It's a forum based purely on opinion, you're not going to change people's opinions on anything.

fwiw if you read medowie v westlakes match report you'll see many goals were defenders errors and a westlakes user even said they thought medowie deserved more. so it works both ways

If you're against gay marriage, don't get gay married. If you don't like reading a bit of bias on this foz, don't read it.

leftrightout
21-05-2013, 09:09 AM
My guess is that your a Defender, and you were blamed for letting goals in on the weekend... ha ha:grin:

Hahaha unfortunately these old legs dont get around the park like they used to. I am well into retirement now.

I just don't get it though, blaming people in your own team on a public forum for errors that lead to goals, become the sole reason you lost... who need enimies with friends like that!

leftrightout
21-05-2013, 09:26 AM
in many of those games in World football, many commentators and managers regularly state that a different result would have been more fair.

On this local foz when only results are posted many people ask for match reports. When match reports are given, no one is happy with them due to bias. But how many neutrals actually go watch local games? Why expect different? It's a forum based purely on opinion, you're not going to change people's opinions on anything.

fwiw if you read medowie v westlakes match report you'll see many goals were defenders errors and a westlakes user even said they thought medowie deserved more. so it works both ways

If you're against gay marriage, don't get gay married. If you don't like reading a bit of bias on this foz, don't read it.

Its not the bias i have an issue with, people are always going to lean towards their own team. And if it is said that "we deserved more from the game" then fair enough, thats all good.
But laying the blame for a loss on a single defensive error is not bias, thats just an excuse.

Also, good for you on your medowie vs westlakes post.... when i say its happening everywhere, i dont mean every single game!

The fact is if you are good enough you will win, if you arent you will lose, regardless of possession, chances on goals, defender errors or how well presented you are as a team.

hawk
21-05-2013, 01:31 PM
Analogy, lol.
Often but not always defenders mistakes are a result of pressure and goal deserved for the opposition. but I seem to recall alot are from good attacking play. I would consider dominating field position part of this.

Have to remember the foz is for objective talk. The bagging out and ego pump can be done at the pub.

fresh
21-05-2013, 04:40 PM
how bout teams that think every week every ref is out to get them and only them ! There the unluckiest team on the planet.

leftrightout
21-05-2013, 04:53 PM
Analogy, lol.
Often but not always defenders mistakes are a result of pressure and goal deserved for the opposition. but I seem to recall alot are from good attacking play. I would consider dominating field position part of this.

Have to remember the foz is for objective talk. The bagging out and ego pump can be done at the pub.

Exactly what i am trying to get at!
Defenders tend to make these terrible mistakes because the other team is organised and pressuring. Along with the pressure and organisation they need to have players in position and with the ability to take the chances.

Also, the ref comment above.... hahahaha well played!

fresh
21-05-2013, 05:31 PM
westlakes comes to mind. if it wasnt for bad reffing they'd be in the a-league wouldnt they. well thats the word on the street

true waterboy
21-05-2013, 07:27 PM
westlakes comes to mind. if it wasnt for bad reffing they'd be in the a-league wouldnt they. well thats the word on the street

most of ZL2 tbh
At least westlakes have commented when the bad calls have been in their favour (see posts about medowie win).

Bad defensive errors and ref calls are a part of the game and i enjoy hearing peoples views on them. If you are annoyed reading about peoples views you should take posts less seriously, the forum is just a bit of fun in the end.

Retro Jet
21-05-2013, 09:45 PM
pretty sure the hpnujerksfc only conceded this type of soft goals last year.

rumour has it that when this is taken into consideration, we made the top 6 (y)

OMFG! Snake! Wot are you doing down here? :fright:

pv4
22-05-2013, 12:04 PM

westlakes have blamed the ref for one result this season. and even the opposition team on the day agreed it was outrageous how poor he was. but yeah, a-league & all that

leftrightout
22-05-2013, 12:23 PM
westlakes have blamed the ref for one result this season. and even the opposition team on the day agreed it was outrageous how poor he was. but yeah, a-league & all that

hahaha the westlakes boys on here are a funny lot.
Always go on to defensive and then it is followed by the "oh yeah but i dont care" thing

true waterboy
22-05-2013, 02:23 PM
hahaha the westlakes boys on here are a funny lot.
Always go on to defensive and then it is followed by the "oh yeah but i dont care" thing

I don't see why you single out westlakes when you could easily replace us with mussy, jesmond, Hamilton or Charlestown, basically any team playing any division.
It's part of soccer and its always going to happen when there is a forum where people ask for match reviews.

leftrightout
22-05-2013, 02:38 PM
I don't see why you single out westlakes when you could easily replace us with mussy, jesmond, Hamilton or Charlestown, basically any team playing any division.
It's part of soccer and its always going to happen when there is a forum where people ask for match reviews.

I think you are getting slightly confused!

I didn't single out you, any person or any club on the topic of this thread. Not once have i mentioned a club name regardling the topic, if you read the first post i clearly stated that it is happening everywhere thats why i couldn't post it in one single leagues thread!

What i did say about westlakes is that i find it funny how defensive you boys get and then act like you don't care all in the same post. That is all... have another read champion!

true waterboy
22-05-2013, 02:42 PM
I think you are getting slightly confused!

I didn't single out you, any person or any club on the topic of this thread. Not once have i mentioned a club name regardling the topic, if you read the first post i clearly stated that it is happening everywhere thats why i couldn't post it in one single leagues thread!

What i did say about westlakes is that i find it funny how defensive you boys get and then act like you don't care all in the same post. That is all... have another read champion!

Sorry it was fresh that brought westlakes into the conversation.
I was trying to highlight the fact that I think its poor form to single out one club when its a common theme across the majority of clubs in all divisions, which the thread is about.

leftrightout
22-05-2013, 02:52 PM
Sorry it was fresh that brought westlakes into the conversation.
I was trying to highlight the fact that I think its poor form to single out one club when its a common theme across the majority of clubs in all divisions, which the thread is about.

Not a worry and yep I agree 100%!
Our new mate Fresh seems to be making a name for himself!

fresh
22-05-2013, 03:55 PM
all i read in that league 2 thread was earlier this year the talking up of westlakes by some people on how they were going to smash the comp etc. then some early losses blaimed on refs and havent red the thread since.

was an example not singling them out

true waterboy
22-05-2013, 04:07 PM
all i read in that league 2 thread was earlier this year the talking up of westlakes by some people on how they were going to smash the comp etc. then some early losses blaimed on refs and havent red the thread since.

was an example not singling them out
Sounds like you were. even that post is all about degrading our club.
Those four other clubs that i mentioned and ours have all posted in ZL2 about decisions that they dont agree with yet its only westlakes that you single out.

fresh
22-05-2013, 04:22 PM
yes agreed all is good. those other clubs didnt say how much they should be in zone league one. or how easy they were going to win zl2 this year either though.

not sided with any team in your league at all.. now reading the thread I see what your saying

Maybe they appoint the worst ref's in the world to zone league 2 just too make use all angry and create discussion in this forum !

true waterboy
22-05-2013, 04:37 PM
yes agreed all is good. those other clubs didnt say how much they should be in zone league one. or how easy they were going to win zl2 this year either though.

not sided with any team in your league at all.. now reading the thread I see what your saying

Maybe they appoint the worst ref's in the world to zone league 2 just too make use all angry and create discussion in this forum !

We asked the question why we werent looked at when deciding a second team to be promoted to ZL1 considering we were the grand final winners for the year previously and we only asked that after an ex belmont player posted on the forum saying they were struggling for numbers after being the second team promoted, which I think was a fair question after seeing their results for the year.

As for us saying we will win, i cant remember a post saying that apart from the bit of banter that goes on before the season start with teams bragging about their pre season form, which again most teams do from all divisions.

outsider
22-05-2013, 05:40 PM

Referees are appointed from NBN State League down-Ie NBN,NEWFM,WPL,ZPL,ID1-you people are in Z2 which is the sixth level of senior football.Why would you expect to get the best referees.At this stage you are lucky to get any referees at all given the numbers and most times will get junior branch referees.If you want the better referees then you need to aim for a much higher division.

prawnhead
22-05-2013, 07:35 PM
Referees are appointed from NBN State League down-Ie NBN,NEWFM,WPL,ZPL,ID1-you people are in Z2 which is the sixth level of senior football.Why would you expect to get the best referees.At this stage you are lucky to get any referees at all given the numbers and most times will get junior branch referees.If you want the better referees then you need to aim for a much higher division.

Good call..........

cobra23
23-05-2013, 09:03 AM

Not only that, you could also say they are a few more divisions down,
Take reserve grades, 19's etc, into account aswell..
Most reserve grade(u23's) in NBN would be alot better quality than the first grade teams from most of newfm comps and down.

Captain_Carl
19-11-2021, 08:22 AM
Jack Duncan can relate to this.