PDA

View Full Version : Austrayan football pyramid

hawk
22-05-2013, 07:51 PM
So our pyramid is quite flat. I was wondering why NBN football carries the state league title as it doesnt really include much of the state or nnsw either. NSW premier league i thought would be superior and it probably is by a stretch but it does appear our league has some cred.
As it stands;

The New South Wales Premier League is one of two state-level men's association football competitions in New South Wales, Australia - the other being the Northern New South Wales State Football League. The league is a subdivision of the second tier National Premier Leagues. The competition is conducted by Football NSW, the organising body in New South Wales. WP

and

The National Premier Leagues, or the NPL (formerly known by the working title of Australian Premier League) is a national football competition in Australia, overseen by FFA, in partnership with its state-based member federations. The NPL will form the second tier of football in Australia, underpinning the A-League. The inaugural season of the NPL, to begin in March 2013, will include teams from five different State and Regional federations: Football Queensland, Football NSW, Football Federation South Australia, Football Federation Tasmania, and Capital Football.

All bar four of the FFA's member federations will join the NPL in 2013, with Football West, Football Federation Victoria and Northern New South Wales Football due to join in 2014. When all eight states and territories are part of the competition, there will be 118 clubs in the NPL. WPhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Premier_Leagues

Thus the champions of each conference involved will enter a Play-off Tournament at season's end, with the Winners named the National Premier Leagues Champions.

So from 2014 Magic could be playing White Eagles?

Thomas477
22-05-2013, 11:45 PM
So our pyramid is quite flat. I was wondering why NBN football carries the state league title as it doesnt really include much of the state or nnsw either. NSW premier league i thought would be superior and it probably is by a stretch but it does appear our league has some cred.

Tbf, I'm pretty sure the NSWPL doesn't include clubs from Dubbo, Broken Hill or Wagga Wagga either, i think it's just due to the concentration of talent being located between Newcastle and Woolongong. It's hard for the NSWPL in particular when you have so many ex-NSL clubs still playing. I can't see how a club from Wagga could be better than Sydney United or Marconi. As for NNSW, I would argue that the biggest clubs within NNSW would be represented in the NBN league anyway (apart from Cooks Hill), and due to their size they can afford to attract the best talent available.

But it would be nice to see something more like what the English have where a club can rise the 27 levels from the bottom to the PL.

Buddha
23-05-2013, 12:11 AM
I'm going to defend Wagga here and say that there is some high quality players out here that would make the grade easily for either NBN or NewFM, it's surprised me how much quality is actually here, alot more physical too. Payin of players isn't done here either (if it is, it's done under the table)

Premy
23-05-2013, 09:13 AM
NSW, Capital and NNSW should put their deference's and political agendas aside and join forces for the NPL and follow QLD suit and make it a truly state wide completion.
20 teams 2teirs
Including regions such as
Canberra
Wollongong
Sydney
Central Coast
Newcastle
Matiland/Hunter
Northern NNSW/Coffs Harbour
Western NSW

All 4 A-League Clubs to be represented with a Reserve Grade side not youth

Every club should field (Even A-League teams)
U12
U14
U16
U18
U22/6 over age players
1st

ForeverRed
23-05-2013, 10:34 AM
nsw, capital and nnsw should put their deference's and political agendas aside and join forces for the npl and follow qld suit and make it a truly state wide completion.
20 teams 2teirs
including regions such as
canberra
wollongong
sydney
central coast
newcastle
matiland/hunter
northern nnsw/coffs harbour
western nsw

all 4 a-league clubs to be represented with a reserve grade side not youth

every club should field (even a-league teams)
u12
u14
u16
u18
u22/6 over age players
1st
lol

MFKS
23-05-2013, 11:56 AM
NSW, Capital and NNSW should put their deference's and political agendas aside and join forces for the NPL and follow QLD suit and make it a truly state wide completion.
20 teams 2teirs
Including regions such as
Canberra
Wollongong
Sydney
Central Coast
Newcastle
Matiland/Hunter
Northern NNSW/Coffs Harbour
Western NSW

All 4 A-League Clubs to be represented with a Reserve Grade side not youth

Every club should field (Even A-League teams)
U12
U14
U16
U18
U22/6 over age players
1st

Love the enthusiasm and the ideology.

Reality though is too many tossers in the NSW Fed and NNSW Fed that can't/won't join the 2 feds together now.

Look at the poor NBN Clubs. Asked to change the age groups of the lower grade state league comps and the poor ****s can't/won't see the big picture of what the FFA are wanting to achieve from this.

Hell I would love to see the NSW and NNSW Feds merge. Other than Magic and Olympic I reckon most of our clubs would struggle and slip back through the grades quickly as they are just treading water now

Premy
23-05-2013, 11:56 AM
lol

It attitudes like these that have held the game back from future growth

Premy
23-05-2013, 12:32 PM
Fact is NBN League is Considered 2nd Division
My opinion is if you don't have aspirations to play 1st Division (A-League) you should not be playing 2nd Division

@ Member. Not so much as join the feds just have them work together for the top 2 Leagues. Anything outside of the Leagues the respected feds look after.
In places Like Canberra, Central Coast, Matiland and even Newcastle you should have the feds lending a helping hand in running the Clubs. If Clubs can't afford the long road trips then don't submitt for entry it would be about making a clear structure for future expansion of the A-League it's working in QLD it would work here too planing for 20,30,40 years from now.

FaroeMassive
23-05-2013, 12:52 PM
Fact is NBN League is Considered 2nd Division
My opinion is if you don't have aspirations to play 1st Division (A-League) you should not be playing 2nd Division

@ Member. Not so much as join the feds just have them work together for the top 2 Leagues. Anything outside of the Leagues the respected feds look after.
In places Like Canberra, Central Coast, Matiland and even Newcastle you should have the feds lending a helping hand in running the Clubs. If Clubs can't afford the long road trips then don't submitt for entry it would be about making a clear structure for future expansion of the A-League it's working in QLD it would work here too planing for 20,30,40 years from now.

I don't know what you've read, but to say it's working in QLD is only to say that they have attempted to implement the structure that FFA want.

From all the reports that I have, the general feeling is that QLD went too early and that a lot of the clubs are struggling to cope with the added financial and organisational pressures brought on by the extra guidelines.

I think the NCR and the NPL is a great concept, but I 100% agree with NNSW incremental approach to it's implementation.

Onehunglow
23-05-2013, 08:53 PM
Love the enthusiasm and the ideology.

Reality though is too many tossers in the NSW Fed and NNSW Fed that can't/won't join the 2 feds together now.

Look at the poor NBN Clubs. Asked to change the age groups of the lower grade state league comps and the poor ****s can't/won't see the big picture of what the FFA are wanting to achieve from this.

Hell I would love to see the NSW and NNSW Feds merge. Other than Magic and Olympic I reckon most of our clubs would struggle and slip back through the grades quickly as they are just treading water now

Yes, sadly this is true

hawk
23-05-2013, 10:23 PM
I dont think we can expect suburban clubs to be strong enough to compete with sydney clubs, could we go down the regional path for seniors eg Macquarie, Newcastle, North coast. Imagine Macq Newy derby.

GazFish35
23-05-2013, 10:33 PM
Geography stops it all merging.

Coffs v the gong.

Deadest blokes would need three days off work in order to travel.

Premy
24-05-2013, 07:34 AM
I dont think we can expect suburban clubs to be strong enough to compete with sydney clubs, could we go down the regional path for seniors eg Macquarie, Newcastle, North coast. Imagine Macq Newy derby.
This is what I was trying to imply. Not so much Magic v Sydney Olympic but a Club representing Newcastle more then likely ran by the fed the NBN would stay the same maybe lose a few quality players but it just wouldn't be recognized as 2nd division

Premy
24-05-2013, 07:56 AM
Jets Res
CCM Res
WSW Res
F.C Res
Coffs Harbor
Newcastle
Lake Maq
Maitland
Central Coast
Manly
Bonnyrigg
Blacktown
APIA
Sydney Unt
Sydney Olympic
Sutherland
Marconi
West NSW
South Coast Wolves
Canberra

Just a example

seldom
24-05-2013, 07:50 PM
Believe a jets yoof and/or reserves should draw the better players from nbn league and play in NSW league.As for the nbn comp most of those clubs wouldnt survive in this league IMO

Imyourhero
25-05-2013, 06:49 PM
Reading through the national comps review pdf, came across this section in regards to NPL grades/rules for 2014 and beyond.
"Youth Competition Rules will prevent players registering up an age e.g. 12’s cannot play in 13’s."
Confused by this as once you are over 22 yrso suddenly you must be ready to play with people up to twice your age.
If players are "good enough" then shouldn't they be playing at whatever level pushes them? Is this not one of the exact arguments made by the FFA etc?

Captain_Carl
19-11-2021, 08:23 AM
Australian football pyramid … sounds very Egyptian