Grim being cynical and hating football

:(

FML.

belchardo
30-05-2013, 08:59 PM
i'm sure they'll give 110% percent

plague
30-05-2013, 09:07 PM
Let's just take this thread one cliché at a time.

Grimario
30-05-2013, 09:48 PM
We maintained a high level of possession, obviously we just need to do more with it in the final third.

Jetmaster
30-05-2013, 10:28 PM
Well....it is a work in progress.

hawk
30-05-2013, 10:31 PM
we're a team thats building....

q-money
30-05-2013, 10:46 PM
he's got good engines

Thomas477
30-05-2013, 11:24 PM
We've learned a lot from last season.

The definition of insanity: doing the same ****ing thing over and over and expecting shit to change.

seldom
30-05-2013, 11:27 PM
We're looking at 1 or 2 quality players to bolster our squad

belchardo
31-05-2013, 05:53 AM
one of them will be someone that gives us the x-factor in the final third

Jeterpool
31-05-2013, 08:04 AM
They have plently of potential

hawk
31-05-2013, 08:32 AM
we'll improve

Jetmaster
31-05-2013, 09:16 AM
We did some good things in patches but didn't stick to the game plan.

Rocknerd
31-05-2013, 09:36 AM
the 50/50 calls just didn't go our way.

Grimario
31-05-2013, 09:42 AM
We can offer them a better lifestyle here in Newcastle!

Imyourhero
31-05-2013, 10:37 AM
we'll be looking to use our fast paced attacking football

BodyNovo
31-05-2013, 10:37 AM
on our day we can beat anyone.

(I wait for that day)

stopper2
31-05-2013, 09:56 PM
We need a Visa player who will provide us something different to what we already have, that X-factor or point of difference!

GazFish35
31-05-2013, 10:40 PM
I miss branko's "um, em-eh"

MFKS
31-05-2013, 10:52 PM
We're just taking it one game at a time and trying not to get ahead of ourselves

Jeterpool
01-06-2013, 04:46 AM
This season will be our year

belchardo
01-06-2013, 08:04 AM
we're rebuilding (said after 6 losses)

GazFish35
01-06-2013, 08:43 AM
Before the first post game press conference we need to compile a list of GVE's most used cliches.

If he isn't going to get the boot we might as well create a drinking game.

hawk
01-06-2013, 11:32 AM
Before the first post game press conference we need to compile a list of GVE's most used cliches.

If he isn't going to get the boot we might as well create a drinking game.

Rules:
1. we're confident of playing good football
2. "insert opp team" are a good side

belchardo
01-06-2013, 03:09 PM
variation - all starting line up names go into a hat, draw names until all are drawn.

skull beer if GVE says "Player X has good engines" and you drew that player.

GazFish35
01-06-2013, 05:12 PM
Simpler version would be to skull once for every player in the starting 11 who wasn't in the starting 11 last week.
At least a 6 pack gone before kickoff

belchardo
01-06-2013, 05:21 PM
Simpler version would be to skull once for every player in the starting 11 who wasn't in the starting 11 last week.

might be enough to make everyone think we're playing well.

all part of GVE's genius. GVE - playing the long game.

Grimario
01-06-2013, 05:25 PM

And save the shots of the expensive stuff for the rare HOLY SHIT IT'S THE SAME ELEVEN AS LAST WEEK!!!! moments. So, maybe two shots in a season. If that.

stopper2
01-06-2013, 06:38 PM
"We need to be careful not to burn out the younger ones". This is his excuse for benching players like Goodwin and Virgili who were playing well but all of a sudden were mysteriously out of favour.

GazFish35
08-06-2013, 09:35 AM
Cliche count in brackets after the answer.
37 by my count.

In this week’s edition of Jets Insider, CEO Robbie Middleby is answering questions submitted by the Club’s Members and supporters.

Middleby speaks about player recruitment, the Club’s Young Socceroos and the Jets’ expectations for the coming season.

Steph Price asks via email: Where do you expect us to finish on the ladder this season? We don’t want to miss out on the finals again!

Robbie Middleby (RM): With the salary cap in place, every season in the A-League is a tough one, because the competition is so close. In saying that, our expectation this season is definitely to make the top six. (3)

@Lzenzo asks via Twitter: Why haven't we sacked GVE yet?

RM: Gary still has a year remaining on his contract and it’s important that we give him the time and support he requires to get the best out of our squad.

It’s such an important year for not just Gary, but everyone at the Club to step-up and prove our worth by qualifying for that top six. (5)

@MrGlass23 asks via Twitter: Has the club considered Lucas Neill?

RM: We’ve stated before that we’re in the market for an experienced central defender and Lucas certainly fits the criteria.

With a player like Lucas, who is the captain of the Socceroos and wants to go another World Cup, there are a lot of things both parties would have to consider. Things like wage demands, and whether he will fit in the salary cap or be a marquee player are all big factors that you have to weigh up.

As a Club, we’ll continue to look for the right player to fill the centre-back role because it is an important position for us going forward. (4)

Max Klein asks via email: I think it’s fair to say that James Brown wasn’t at his best last season, do you think we can expect to see him return to the form he showed while he was at Gold Coast?

RM: James was definitely below his best last season and having that ankle injury at the start of the year certainly didn’t help him.

From the way he performed during our trip to Singapore and the positive reports I’m getting about the way he’s training, he is showing very good signs and looks keen for a big season. (0) wow!

@Tommyjet262 asks via Twitter: Is it true Jets are considering Daniel de Ridder?

RM: We’re looking at a number of options to fill the attacking midfielder position and strong credentials like those are certainly favourable. It’s important we do our due diligence to find the type of player who is the right fit for the Club. (2)

@MrGlass23 asks via Twitter: Is the club planning any fan forums in the near future?

RM: We’re always interested in engaging with our Members and hearing their thoughts. We’ve had open dialogue in the past with the Men of Football organisation as well as supporter groups such as the Squadron.

In the past two seasons, we’ve also had a fan forum at our exclusive Gold Member event, which has given our Gold Members the opportunity to ask questions of the players and coaching staff. That’s something we’ll certainly look to continue. (3)

@NBUnited_Newy asks via Twitter: What progress/improvements have been made in the off-season to better our chances for the 2013/14 season?

RM: I think the experience the younger guys in our squad gained last year was invaluable and I’m sure it will hold them in good stead for this season.

Along with our young talent, we’ll have good leadership from the likes of Ruben Zadkovich, Emile Heskey, Michael Bridges and Zenon Cararvella and I know that every player in the squad is highly motivated to have a big year.

We’ve also undertaken an extensive end-of-season review and looked at certain areas of our Club where we can improve in both a football and commercial sense. We’re confident that the outcomes of that review will set us up nicely for the 2013/14 season. (4)

@Tommyjet262 asks via Twitter: Can you please splash some coin on Eddy Bosnar? Exactly what we need at the back.

RM: As I said before, when it comes to signing players there are a number of factors involved and it’s about finding the best fit for the team, but a player in that mould is certainly what we’re after. (3)

@IllPrincipe21 asks via Twitter: Why should I renew my membership this season? Coach's stubborn tactics/signings does not help to renew.

RM: I understand the frustration and disappointment of our Members after last season. Believe me, no one was more disappointed about missing out on the finals than the players and the coaching staff.

These are the times that the Club needs the support of its Members more than ever. Novocastrians are very proud and loyal and that’s what sets them apart from the fans of other A-League Clubs. We need our Members and supporters to continue to stand with us for the Club to be successful. (6) a record!

James Thomas asks via email: How crucial will our last couple of signings be to boost the overall quality of the squad?

RM: They’re very important. We’re looking to fill key positions in the attacking third and the centre of defence.

Although I strongly believe that the players we have at the Club have all taken big strides forward since last year, it’s still crucial for us to look to strengthen the squad by bringing in quality players each season. (3)

Brad Fisher asks via email: As the CEO of the Club, how pleasing is it for you to see four of our players go away to an under 20’s World Cup?

RM: As a Club we’re extremely proud to have four of our players compete at an Under 20s World Cup. There’s no bigger accolade in football than being selected to represent your country.

The experience they will gain at the World Cup as well as the confidence they’ll get from playing against the best in the World will make them better players when they come back to the Jets ahead of the A-League season. (4)

Thank you for all your Jets Insider questions.

Sorry if you wasted your time reading that.
This shit shits me to tears.

GazFish35
08-06-2013, 10:07 AM
How it should read

In this week’s edition of Jets "no PR bullshit" insider, NoBS Nev is actually answering questions submitted by the Club’s Members and supporters, after they were censored and screened by the PR department of the Hunter Ports Newcastle Jets Footballing Commodities.

Nev provides no bullshit responses to questions about player recruitment, the Club’s Young Socceroos and the Jets’ expectations for the coming season.

Q1: Where do you expect us to finish on the ladder this season? We don’t want to miss out on the finals again!

NoBS Nev: The cap makes it hard to catch up to squads already developed to a level beyond our capabilities. We haven't invested in the right coaching staff in previous seasons and are now behind the eight ball in big way. If we scrape into 6th place well be stoked..... We know you all want us to say well come first, but we all know that wont happen... In all honesty, lets just focus on not coming last. And be thankful relegation isn't a reality yet.

Q2: Why haven't we sacked GVE yet?

Nev: Gary still has a year remaining on his contract and we are just finishing paying out Branko, so we cant afford to pay out another coach.

It’s such an important year for not just Gary, but everyone at the Club to step-up and prove our worth by finishing in he top half of the table.... near enough is god enough according to owner.... thats how he pays his bills.

Q3: Has the club considered Lucas Neill?

NoBS nev: no. His ego and GVE's ego won't fit on the same bus, so it makes travel logistics too hard. That, and he wants way too much cash.

q4: I think it’s fair to say that James Brown wasn’t at his best last season, do you think we can expect to see him return to the form he showed while he was at Gold Coast?

Nev: James was poor last season i agree. he'd better improve or hell be working in canberra with kaz and Shaun.

Q6: Is it true Jets are considering Daniel de Ridder?
Nev: Who?

Q7: Is the club planning any fan forums in the near future?
Nev: We’re terrified to engage with our Members face to face and hearing their thoughts in person, being put on the spot and not have time to prepare an answer to their concerns is not something we are prepared to do. its our club, not theirs. so well hide behind things like saying we engage through Expensive dinners that price most fans out of things like the Men of Football organisation as well as prepared responses to questions from a small minority of fans with two blokes from the squadron.

In the past two seasons, we’ve also pretended to engage in a fan forum at our exclusive Gold Member event, which has given our Gold Members the opportunity to ask questions of the players and coaching staff. That’s something we’ll certainly look to continue. As those who don't buy a gold membership, or any membership for the matter aren't important.

In short... We like to prepare our answers, so the thought of an open public forum, say at a lecture theatre at the uni, or the town hall is never going to happen.

Q8: What progress/improvements have been made in the off-season to better our chances for the 2013/14 season?
Nev: everyone is a year older than last year.... Well ignore that fact that's the same for every squad in the league and pretend we are now better equipped.
Plus we have the same old blokes as last year, and we hope people won't notice they've gotten a year older.
Wee also employed Karl, so Taylor Reagan will be better at flipping the bird at Gary.

You also need to trust us that we reviewed last season, as we aren't going to make those findings Public, as that might mean we'd be accused of being transparent, and maybe even held to account by the public.

q9: Can you please splash some coin on Eddy Bosnar? Exactly what we need at the back.
Nev: just cause we are owned my a rich bloke doesn't mean we would consider buying someone any good. The managers stance is to buy in shit, so he can blame the players. Buy a decent player and its more likely to be the managers fault if things don't work.

Q10: Why should I renew my membership this season? Coach's stubborn tactics/signings does not help to renew.

Nev: we don't deserve your support, we know that. I my go to games because its my job. We are first and foremost about making money, all sport is. Vote with your wallet if you really want change at the top. Stay away.... Or jump the fence to come watch..... There's a spot near the north gate, if you park a ute tray close to the fence you can easily jump over!

Q11: How crucial will our last couple of signings be to boost the overall quality of the squad?

Nev: dimwit question. We were rubbish last season, so anyone coming in will of course be pivotal in stopping us going worse. But the PR lads told me to say we are happy with the team that we have..... We won a six a side comp so that must be a good sign. And it was away for home too!

q12: how pleasing is it for you to see four of our players go away to an under 20’s World Cup?

Nev: its great,hopefully they play well and we can make some money selling them on... To Romainian and Russian clubs, this will help the knights pay some bills.

Thanks for the questions and buying the bullshit.

pistolpete
08-06-2013, 10:33 AM
Q6: Is it true Jets are considering Daniel de Ridder?
Nev: Who?

:grin:

Grimario
08-06-2013, 11:35 AM
Mr Fish, that's the greatest thing I've ever read on these forums.

dink
11-06-2013, 11:13 AM
"I think the experience the younger guys in our squad gained last year was invaluable and I’m sure it will hold them in good stead for this season."

Yep the experience of playing well then sitting on the bench the next game will defiantly give them hope this season.