PDA

View Full Version : New competition and criteria

punter
10-06-2013, 11:00 PM
Thought IDE start this so any one wants to talk about the new structure and criteria for nbn completion.
My question is how much is put on the ground condition. Being a former player I really looked forward to the games that were on the best surface, like magic Olympic etc.
It's seems crazy that a ground like Adamstown is not in the best comp in this town and yet Cahill oval is in the best comp. The other thing is if maitland get promoted we will have another shit facility in NBN.

Premy
11-06-2013, 06:07 AM
New comp should be truly Northern New South Wales regions like Coffs Harbour, Taree/Port Maquarie, Matiland and Port Stephens should be represented. Otherwise it should be called the Newcastle 1st division not "State League".

spamg172
11-06-2013, 01:38 PM
I (probably like everyone else) have heard a hundred different rumors of what's happening next season. Latest one is 2 going up to nbn, none coming down, scrapping new fm & they merge with zpl. Can only get promoted to nbn via application.
Sounds really hard to do. Especially with all the new structures with age groups etc.

ForeverRed
11-06-2013, 05:22 PM
this is it in a nutshell
comp will remain a 10 team comp, nbn and newfm can apply or clubs deemed acceptable could be invited to apply, newfm will remain for now, comp will start with u22s as reserve grade with 5 over age players and will be eventually become u20s, all clubs to have 14s 15s 16s 17s & u18s plus the 2 senior grades, point system implemented, to hard to explain briefly, any player over the age of 25 will earn points against your club for being an over age player
clubs are asking for the points sytem top be scrapped,overage player to become 28 and resevre grade to be open age, just a short explanation but many other concerns from clubs but long to explain on here

seldom
11-06-2013, 05:31 PM
So FR is there an exemption on that 25 yo who counts against your club if he was a local junior whos come thru the club ? If not there should be

ForeverRed
11-06-2013, 05:49 PM
yes there is, when I get time I will explain it more

MFKS
11-06-2013, 06:01 PM
So FR is there an exemption on that 25 yo who counts against your club if he was a local junior whos come thru the club ? If not there should be

Seldom I think you will find this new system at First grade level to be stacked to favour the clubs who have local juniors who have come through their clubs grades at the expense of the clubs who go out and buy players from other clubs. A few clubs will have to change their ways but it won't be the end of the world and a minor adjustment in strategy.

Anyway Forever Red I will say now that these changes look promising and a step in the right direction for the NBN League to improve in the future.

prawnhead
11-06-2013, 06:53 PM
this is it in a nutshell
comp will remain a 10 team comp, nbn and newfm can apply or clubs deemed acceptable could be invited to apply, newfm will remain for now, comp will start with u22s as reserve grade with 5 over age players and will be eventually become u20s, all clubs to have 14s 15s 16s 17s & u18s plus the 2 senior grades, point system implemented, to hard to explain briefly, any player over the age of 25 will earn points against your club for being an over age player
clubs are asking for the points sytem top be scrapped,overage player to become 28 and resevre grade to be open age, just a short explanation but many other concerns from clubs but long to explain on here

I think the points system would be a good idea. I bet I could name the clubs who are not supporting the points system. I have seen the criteria for the points system and there are 3-4 clubs who based on current squads and historical approach re recruiting would be clearly worried. No wonder they would be voting against it.

FR - you mention that any club deemed acceptable could be invited to apply. Does this mean next years 2014 NBN will be based on application and criteria as opposed to relegation/promotion???

ForeverRed
11-06-2013, 09:02 PM
I think the points system would be a good idea. I bet I could name the clubs who are not supporting the points system. I have seen the criteria for the points system and there are 3-4 clubs who based on current squads and historical approach re recruiting would be clearly worried. No wonder they would be voting against it.

FR - you mention that any club deemed acceptable could be invited to apply. Does this mean next years 2014 NBN will be based on application and criteria as opposed to relegation/promotion???
Yes, but honestly don't see any changes other then relegation/promotion, as nnswf has stated all current nbn clubs are eligible to receive an NC licence and hinted towards little change.
Your correct on what you say about certain clubs not wanting it, the big 3 as I call them are really pushing for its exclusion or ramped up to make it more acceptable for them , pretty sure it won't happen though

Winner1
11-06-2013, 09:25 PM
Thought IDE start this so any one wants to talk about the new structure and criteria for nbn completion.
My question is how much is put on the ground condition. Being a former player I really looked forward to the games that were on the best surface, like magic Olympic etc.
It's seems crazy that a ground like Adamstown is not in the best comp in this town and yet Cahill oval is in the best comp. The other thing is if maitland get promoted we will have another shit facility in NBN.
Screw the facility, if the club has players worthy it shouldn't matter. Maitland's ground isn't bad, at least it's of a decent size! That and it won't take much to fix up the home and away changerooms. I'd prefer to player there some of the NBN grounds now.

ForeverRed
11-06-2013, 09:30 PM
Screw the facility, if the club has players worthy it shouldn't matter. Maitland's ground isn't bad, at least it's of a decent size! That and it won't take much to fix up the home and away changerooms. I'd prefer to player there some of the NBN grounds now.

No reason why maitland wouldn't be eligible, personally I believe the comp needs a team from that region, their junior base would be enormous

Zico
12-06-2013, 09:21 AM
Yes, but honestly don't see any changes other then relegation/promotion, as nnswf has stated all current nbn clubs are eligible to receive an NC licence and hinted towards little change.
Your correct on what you say about certain clubs not wanting it, the big 3 as I call them are really pushing for its exclusion or ramped up to make it more acceptable for them , pretty sure it won't happen though
I know your only relaying what has been said at these meetings and please don't take this as a personal attack but how can Valentine be considered acceptable?

ForeverRed
12-06-2013, 09:27 AM
I know your only relaying what has been said at these meetings and please don't take this as a personal attack but how can Valentine be considered acceptable?
I'm hearing you

cobra23
12-06-2013, 12:22 PM
I'm hearing you

I am also hearing you ZICO,

im pretty much speaking on behalf of everyone that is NOT involved with that club.
not one player or club ever looks forward to playing on that crap of a field. the criteria is a joke..

pv4
12-06-2013, 12:29 PM
i don't like all this age-capping nonsense, but i do like the idea of rewarding clubs for having players who are locals or have been at the club for a certain amount of years. a bigger emphasis on local, loyal lads (age regardless) is needed.

late_to_the_game
12-06-2013, 01:56 PM
The cricket pitch at Cahill oval probably hurts Valentine badly - as you said, no one is keen to play there, so how do Valentine hold onto players for their own team......(playing there every second week!)
As for other aspects of the criteria, they are apparently the largest club (based on player numbers) in NNSW, so there is no lack of juniors.

Zico
12-06-2013, 02:51 PM
i don't like all this age-capping nonsense, but i do like the idea of rewarding clubs for having players who are locals or have been at the club for a certain amount of years. a bigger emphasis on local, loyal lads (age regardless) is needed.
I also agree that the age capping is a joke but how do they define a local player? Surely it's only based on a junior who has come through the club development program and not the locality of a player?

Premy
12-06-2013, 03:09 PM
If NBN has the naming rights to this new league will it be abbreviated as the NBNNNSWNPL :roflz:

cobra23
12-06-2013, 03:17 PM
The cricket pitch at Cahill oval probably hurts Valentine badly - as you said, no one is keen to play there, so how do Valentine hold onto players for their own team......(playing there every second week!)
As for other aspects of the criteria, they are apparently the largest club (based on player numbers) in NNSW, so there is no lack of juniors.

well what happened to all these junior players that VALENTINE had 10 years ago, because if it wasn't
for PHOENIX , VALENTINE would still be nothing in seniors....
thats why it still pisses me off that valentine got gifted into top flight football,with
all the juniors they have and still cant get a decent football ONLY field.
they could not produce the goods back then, and still cant produce anything now..

Local Rules
12-06-2013, 03:23 PM
well what happened to all these junior players that VALENTINE had 10 years ago, because if it wasn't
thats why it still pisses me off that valentine got gifted into top flight football,with
they could not produce the goods back then, and still cant produce anything now..

Valentine have so many Central Coast players in their senior squads they are thinking of calling them the Valentine Pheonix junior mariners.

ForeverRed
12-06-2013, 03:59 PM
I also agree that the age capping is a joke but how do they define a local player? Surely it's only based on a junior who has come through the club development program and not the locality of a player?
It's based on any player who has been with a club for a certain amount of time, example Jarryd Johnson , south Cardiff, starts with 10 points, age 26, becomes 11 points for 1 year over 25, years with club, 11, minus 5 points, south Cardiff junior, minus 5 points, he now starts on I point , as for say Denis Fajkovic, starts on 10 points, age 26, plus 1, new player to club and played more then 5 first grade games at previous club, plus 8, he know starts on 19 points, each club submits top 20 players who all start on 10 points, you can not succeed 200, south Cardiff at the moment added up to 208 points, I would think some others would be substantially higher, a promoted club receives an extra 30 points for the first year

Zico
12-06-2013, 05:34 PM
It's based on any player who has been with a club for a certain amount of time, example Jarryd Johnson , south Cardiff, starts with 10 points, age 26, becomes 11 points for 1 year over 25, years with club, 11, minus 5 points, south Cardiff junior, minus 5 points, he now starts on I point , as for say Denis Fajkovic, starts on 10 points, age 26, plus 1, new player to club and played more then 5 first grade games at previous club, plus 8, he know starts on 19 points, each club submits top 20 players who all start on 10 points, you can not succeed 200, south Cardiff at the moment added up to 208 points, I would think some others would be substantially higher, a promoted club receives an extra 30 points for the first year
Going to be difficult to maintain week in week out.

ForeverRed
12-06-2013, 06:27 PM
It's not weekly, you start with your top 20 and they need to be 200 or under at the start of the season , you just need to have room to move if you sign players after the start of the year,

Zico
12-06-2013, 06:58 PM
It's not weekly, you start with your top 20 and they need to be 200 or under at the start of the season , you just need to have room to move if you sign players after the start of the year,
So you are allowed 200 points per 1st grade or a nominated 200 points for the 20 players you expect to play 1st Grade?

What happens half way through the season and you have a bolter from U/18's that deserves a top grad spot?

Can you play him or do you need to drop a player from your original 20 player squad to make room for him?

Can you also use up the 200 points on say 16 players or does it have to be a nominated 20? Plenty of questions I know but it's a strange system the FFA are putting in place.

Can't see the value in have first grade virtually an U/25's comp, I'm sure MFKS would like to see it an U/19's comp but I think it's going to far.

hawk
12-06-2013, 07:29 PM

jeez :sigh:. I also like the junior rewards but the best juniors gravitate towards the big 2 before long. Perhaps...Make it the first season of football becomes the junior club.

And, if you are a Jesmond junior which NBN club gets the reward pts?

EH9
12-06-2013, 07:56 PM
So you are allowed 200 points per 1st grade or a nominated 200 points for the 20 players you expect to play 1st Grade?

What happens half way through the season and you have a bolter from U/18's that deserves a top grad spot?

Can you play him or do you need to drop a player from your original 20 player squad to make room for him?

Can you also use up the 200 points on say 16 players or does it have to be a nominated 20? Plenty of questions I know but it's a strange system the FFA are putting in place.

Can't see the value in have first grade virtually an U/25's comp, I'm sure MFKS would like to see it an U/19's comp but I think it's going to far.

Essentially you will see clubs nominate the 20 players they rthink will play first grade. If there is a bolter from the youth team they will not count towards the 200 points. You could pheasibly only nominate 20 players, but clubs will fill the quota with young lads from their club.

MFKS
12-06-2013, 11:30 PM

Zico the question you asked pretty much answers itself. The whole system is designed to encourage the clubs to get better at developing players and develop them younger.

If you name your top 20 at the start of the year and you unearth a bloke in the U18's that can play first grade coz he is killing it at lower levels why would you be punished?? He is a local junior that you have developed and getting them to first grade is what the system is about.
This young star will help you out more next year when you name him in your top 20 for your points quota by keeping it down.

This system will reallly effect the clubs who like to go out at seasons end and go sign 5-8 new players. They won't be able to do that in the future. When buying new players clubs will have to way up whether it is more worthwhile to the club to sign an experienced bloke from outside the club or go with the youth.

Stop panicking. It ain't doom and gloom and the sky ain't falling

The system is already in place in other State leagues around Australia already and isn't presenting much issues. Some clubs have actually benefited from it by getting their strategy right earlier than others

ace22
13-06-2013, 01:52 AM
going to be first grade nbn quality over the hill 26 year olds playing all age z next season watch out !

Zico
13-06-2013, 08:34 AM
Zico the question you asked pretty much answers itself. The whole system is designed to encourage the clubs to get better at developing players and develop them younger.

If you name your top 20 at the start of the year and you unearth a bloke in the U18's that can play first grade coz he is killing it at lower levels why would you be punished?? He is a local junior that you have developed and getting them to first grade is what the system is about.
This young star will help you out more next year when you name him in your top 20 for your points quota by keeping it down.

This system will reallly effect the clubs who like to go out at seasons end and go sign 5-8 new players. They won't be able to do that in the future. When buying new players clubs will have to way up whether it is more worthwhile to the club to sign an experienced bloke from outside the club or go with the youth.

Stop panicking. It ain't doom and gloom and the sky ain't falling

The system is already in place in other State leagues around Australia already and isn't presenting much issues. Some clubs have actually benefited from it by getting their strategy right earlier than others

My concern is that the FFA solely see the State Leagues as breeding grounds and nothing else. Every club no matter what division or area they are in would love to have a great player come through the ranks and none would ever hold a player back from a higher league to better themselves but it needs to be remembered that these clubs also have comps they play in and no club survives just to be competitive or by being mediocre finishing 8th every year.

Clubs are also in competitions to win the competition but if you take their best experienced players away (and i'm going on my opinion that you get the best out of your better players between 25 and 28 years old) then you take away the soul of the club and also a large number of the supporters. The only supporters you will have will be parents and family of these young fellas.

I'm all for development of a better style of football which results in better footballers but in my opinion this way does not promote that. A middle ground needs to be found rather than simply disgarding players over 25 years old. Before you say it MFKS this isn't the old school thinking that has held back football as I do agree change is required but should it be so drastic?

Less politics and better talent identification at an earlier age from the Jets so these 1% or 2 % of kids that actually make it do not slip through the ranks. The fed are starting to go down the correct path by having plenty of opportunity to educate the coaches but still some junior clubs are stubbing their noses at the courses and having unqualified coaches coach kids.

Why does a local State League First Grade Coach require an "A" Licence? This is overkill as they are coaching semi pro players yet it costs them many thousands to obtain this credititation. I understand that coaches are going to Asia to obtain this cheeper and quicker but why should this be required to coach State League?

Lets be honest, no NNSWF State League Or NEW FM club will never have the ability to be promoted to the "A" League. So should the Fed be looking at this and not take part in the NPL? Or does this spell the end of NNSWF and open the door for NSWF?

Premy
13-06-2013, 09:41 AM
Lets be honest, no NNSWF State League Or NEW FM club will never have the ability to be promoted to the "A" League. So should the Fed be looking at this and not take part in the NPL? Or does this spell the end of NNSWF and open the door for NSWF?
I agree 100% percent with what you said. This last paragraph is what I have harped on about in previous threads essentially the NPL is second division. NNSW should of realised this long time ago and got its act together and recommend a few clubs or New entities put in a submission for the NSW NPL. I believe NNSW could sustain 4 clubs in a NSW NPL but its to late now they have missed the boat as the NSW NPL has already formed. NNSW could of then ran NBN league with little change underneath the NSW NPL some times you have to make the leap of being a big fish in a small pond to a small fish in a big pond.

MFKS
13-06-2013, 12:21 PM
Zico I don't think you will find the effects on the clubs as severe as you believe they will be. Clubs can still have players over 25 years old they just tally up more on the points list. These 25 year old an older player can also have their points level deducted as there are an array of deductions that can be tallied up into the equation to bring them down to a player tally that is handy for the clubs.

One downside to the system is that players are going to have to be pretty loyal to their first NBN Level club. Otherwise their options of finding clubs may be limited and reduced from what they are now.

As for your other point about no NNSW Club ever making the HAL so why go down the road of this. Well the whole system is being implemented across the country. The driving aim is too improve the standards across the country. Until the standards are improved at this level the much vaunted FFA Cup will be a farce.

Anyway whats wrong with the idea of raising the levels and standards across the board at NBN level Zico??? Seeing clubs increase in stature/size would be a bad thing would it??

If having coaches with A Licences is overkill then to me this is a good thing.Better clubs wasting money to develop their coaches than to waste money lining pockets of players. Some good may come out of this

cobra23
13-06-2013, 01:53 PM
The funny thing is, mostly evey player over 25 in this comp has played for different clubs than where they are now

Flint_tropics
14-06-2013, 12:29 PM

Valentine won both 17s and 19s in 2011. Majority of them came through there juniors. Now there is only 2 players from both them squads still at the club. They were jammed out by all these central coast players lindsay tapp brought to the club last year and continued to bring them to the club this year. Valentine do produce good players but dont treat them right and who wants to play at cahill anways.

demon
14-06-2013, 02:08 PM
THe timing of nominating the 20 players will be crucial, esp to NEW FM clubs. With NEW FM starting some weeks prior to NBN there will be players who will not step down to NEW FM clubs until that last minute when they are told they will not be in the NBN sides.

That means NEW FM clubs will either have to be well under to 200 mark in case players do drop down or risk turning away players who would have been regular first graders for them.

If the 200 points is not to be policed game by game but only at that initial pre season point what is to stop clubs simply not registering players until the last minute, and claiming they signed as an overage 23 but their form has been too good not to promote them to first grade?

seldom
14-06-2013, 10:54 PM
THe timing of nominating the 20 players will be crucial, esp to NEW FM clubs. With NEW FM starting some weeks prior to NBN there will be players who will not step down to NEW FM clubs until that last minute when they are told they will not be in the NBN sides.

That means NEW FM clubs will either have to be well under to 200 mark in case players do drop down or risk turning away players who would have been regular first graders for them.

If the 200 points is not to be policed game by game but only at that initial pre season point what is to stop clubs simply not registering players until the last minute, and claiming they signed as an overage 23 but their form has been too good not to promote them to first grade?

So it's implemented in new fm as well ? What a strange concept

late_to_the_game
15-06-2013, 08:47 PM
Does anyone have a link to an online version of the NNSW document given to the clubs?
I was told it was on the Weston web site, but I cannot find it anywhere.

late_to_the_game
23-06-2013, 07:34 PM
Overheard a conversation about current squads and points totals on the weekend. Interesting, if true.
Hamilton - 280
Edgeworth - 260
Valentine - 190
FR mentioned above Southy are at 208

late_to_the_game
23-06-2013, 07:36 PM
Over in the Newfm thread, some are insisting that there will be no relegation and two promoted. Is this based on any fact?
My impression is that the fed want to keep both comps and promotion/relegation.

john
24-06-2013, 08:18 AM
Dumbest idea ever...

late_to_the_game
28-06-2013, 10:15 AM
I got my hands on a copy of the power point presentation, and looking through it found this:

Youth Competition Rules will prevent players registering up an age e.g. 12’s cannot play in 13’s. Rules will facilitate playing up in the case of injuries.

The reason given is to "Maintain the integrity of the advanced player pathway" so this is to make the Emerging Jets the only ones who can play up an age group?

Later in the document, it indicates that EVERY team except the 1st's is considered a youth team.....

So does that mean 16 year olds can't play in 17's or just that 17's can't play in 19's? Even that would cause problems in many clubs.

immersion
28-06-2013, 11:27 AM
What a terrific idea by the dumbest federation in the world.

So it is for player development? How does this actually help player development? So a decent player with good potential maybe stuck with a terrible coach and a terrible team because they are unable to move? Makes sense.

The real issue is coaching quality not loyalty. Does northern think because a player is loyal they will become a good player? Loyalty to a bad environment breeds bad technique and poor tactical knowledge.

Northern are about boosting their own ego's. They are trying to reinvent the wheel possibly to get recognition. I wonder what type of recognition they will get when this flops.

I am unaware of PRO's for this concept. Please someone enlighten me

The Baby Piglet
28-06-2013, 12:09 PM
The way i see it is "if your good enough, your old enough". If a player has the ability to play up an age and elects to, why shouldn't they be allowed to play against older/better players. This is probably the most ridiculous idea i've ever heard. Why should it only be players in the emerging jets system have the opportunity to play up an age group. This boarders on discrimination in restricting the potential ability of a child. If anyone has read the National Football Curriculum put forth by the FAA (which i have read). It puts much emphasis on the fact the many players are disadvantaged due to not having the chance to play in the various development squads (ie emerging jets) for one reason or another. As a result they are disadvantaged, now we what to segregate them ever further.
Lets get real people, we all know that football is a highly political game, and knowing the right people can get you a huge advantage. If northern implement these new ideas this really will highlight why Australia is a 2nd rate football nation.

ForeverRed
28-06-2013, 12:13 PM
What a terrific idea by the dumbest federation in the world.

So it is for player development? How does this actually help player development? So a decent player with good potential maybe stuck with a terrible coach and a terrible team because they are unable to move? Makes sense.

The real issue is coaching quality not loyalty. Does northern think because a player is loyal they will become a good player? Loyalty to a bad environment breeds bad technique and poor tactical knowledge.

Northern are about boosting their own ego's. They are trying to reinvent the wheel possibly to get recognition. I wonder what type of recognition they will get when this flops.

I am unaware of PRO's for this concept. Please someone enlighten me
It's not nnswf it's FFA implementation

hawk
28-06-2013, 04:55 PM
It puts much emphasis on the fact the many players are disadvantaged due to not having the chance to play in the various development squads (ie emerging jets) for one reason or another. As a result they are disadvantaged, now we what to segregate them ever further.
Lets get real people, we all know that football is a highly political game, and knowing the right people can get you a huge advantage. If northern implement these new ideas this really will highlight why Australia is a 2nd rate football nation.

Well said. Put Bresciano's philosophy into our juniors and one day we might not look like hacks.

EH9
28-06-2013, 06:28 PM
I thought Craig Kerry's article in the paper on Wednesday was spot on.

My feelings on the player points system is it will most likely weaken the comp, not make it stronger. The competition that will strengthen will be ZPL when players who are told that other NBN clubs cant accommodate them within their points tally decide to go play with their mates. Instead of strengthening NEW FM it will probably make it worse.

dicanio
28-06-2013, 06:33 PM
I thought Craig Kerry's article in the paper on Wednesday was spot on.

My feelings on the player points system is it will most likely weaken the comp, not make it stronger. The competition that will strengthen will be ZPL when players who are told that other NBN clubs cant accommodate them within their points tally decide to go play with their mates. Instead of strengthening NEW FM it will probably make it worse.

Totally agree!
The best strikers in the comp, well 2 of according to leading goals, are Peter Haynes and Scott Smith. Do we have to tell them they are too old now and replace them with a 20year old? Who does that 20 year old learn off up front when hes playing? Surely he wuld be better off playing with a Peter or Scott on the field and develop?
It may be working in places like Sydney, but we don't have the abundance of players that Sydney has.

The best youthplayers in Newcastle are playing with Jets youth and they are coming 6th!!??
So when you give the remainder to the other 9 clubs what sort of level is our top flight going to have then?

Stop fu**ing with things and just let the comp be for a while!

late_to_the_game
28-06-2013, 06:38 PM
An early version of not being able to play up an age group has already occurred in the Elite 15's. Last year (not sure about this year) if you were 14 you could not play Elite 15's.
The reason given was they did not want players dropping out of the Newcastle/Macquarie/Hunter rep squads to go to club 15 sides instead.

I would have thought that with the money and skills available to the rep programs, they would have no trouble getting players to play for them. Same applies to the Emerging Jets. If players don't want to play for the Emerging Jets and choose Magic (for example) instead, to me that is an indicator that the Emerging Jets (and Rep) program(s) have some big problems.

In the FFA Elite coaching material, the message is "if you are good enough, you are old enough" - so not really sure why this age restriction exists.

MFKS
03-07-2013, 11:56 AM
THE controversial player-points system to be introduced in Northern NSW State League next season will be set at 250 points and scaled back to 200 by 2017.
See your ad here

The points system, which is mandatory for inclusion in the National Premier League, was endorsed by the NNSWF board on Monday night after consultation with clubs through the National Competition Review implementation committee.

Each club will have 250 points to spread over their top 20 players. Each player is initially assigned 10 points before points are added or subtracted to favour under-25, home-grown and loyal talent.

"If we want to be part of the NPL, which we do, the player points system is mandatory," NNSW chief executive David Eland said.

"FFA have allowed a transition period to get to 200 points, which is being done in the majority of federations.

"Based on the benchmarking exercise we conducted, clubs will have a cap of 250 points next year. In the second year, 2015, it will go down to 230, then 210 in 2016.

"By the time of the next licence in 2017, it will be back to the core 200 points.

"Football Victoria are starting their clubs at 270, then going to 250 and 225," he said.

"When we averaged out where state league clubs were positioned this year, the average was 238."

The aim of the player points system is to promote youth development and curb excessive player payments.

Promoted clubs will receive an extra 30 points and do not incur "switching" penalties for players who join them for their maiden campaign.

There is also a provision for marquee players.

Opinion has been divided among the current state league clubs over the system.

"The most contentious issue has been prioritisation of players under the age of 25 as opposed to those over the age of 25," Eland said.

"I don't think that any player over 25 will be forced out of our game purely because of the player points system over the next three years, given there is a buffer.

"At the end of the three years, FFA have agreed to reassess whether or not 25 is the appropriate point to start penalising. Even a 30-year-old player who has come through a club system is not going to be worth more points, because of the home-grown and loyalty points."

Eland said a spreadsheet detailing player points would be distributed to the clubs.

To compete in the NPL, clubs must be licensed.

Clubs must also meet criteria including submitting three-year business plans, budget forecasts, appointing a technical director, coaching accreditation levels and junior teams in under 13s, 14s and 15s.

The promotion and relegation system with first division remains.

But first division clubs must have an NPL licence to gain promotion.

"If premiers of first division are unlicensed, there will be no promotion or relegation," Eland said.

"At the start of 2014 season clubs will need to declare if they will be licensed.

"We have negotiated a significant amount of compromise with FFA to the point where we don't consider any element of the criteria to be unnecessary or onerous."
See your ad here

Licence applications will be forwarded to clubs this week and close on August 9.

Eland said clubs would always hold different opinions, but they were proud that the region was recognised as an Australian football heartland.

"I don't think for one minute they will not want our State League to be part of the NPL."

:blush:

As per usual in Newy we can't see the forest from the trees.

A forward thinking mob would embrace the 200 point plan now but not us. We have to phase everything in as people are to clueless here to adapt

Epic failure for the clowns involved in running the clubs and code in this area

backstick
03-07-2013, 01:36 PM

A forward thinking mob would embrace the 200 point plan now but not us. We have to phase everything in as people are to clueless here to adapt

Did you not read the part about Victoria doing the same?

Premy
03-07-2013, 01:38 PM
I already know what most of the clowns on here response will be but...

Am I the only one who can see the benifits of having 2-3 Central Coast teams and a Port Stephens base team in our top 2 divisions

Zico
03-07-2013, 01:54 PM

Almost every post you make just reinforces my opinion of you being a complete dick that has not only a set against clubs in NNSW but also one who has lost touch with the game at a local level. Have you any idea of the game in this area or have you got your head so far up your arse that you can't see past your own shit? :banghead:

backstick
03-07-2013, 01:55 PM

Am I the only one who can see the benifits of having 2-3 Central Coast teams and a Port Stephens base team in our top 2 divisions

The Central Coast aren't in our federation...

Zico
03-07-2013, 01:58 PM

I'm sure that a Port Stephens club will get the invite to apply and if they are deamed upto standard then they may be a show. In my opinion the shouldn't jump grades but rather go through the correct promotion proccess and earn promotion. They will be stronger for it.

ForeverRed
03-07-2013, 02:48 PM
Almost every post you make just reinforces my opinion of you being a complete dick that has not only a set against clubs in NNSW but also one who has lost touch with the game at a local level. Have you any idea of the game in this area or have you got your head so far up your arse that you can't see past your own shit? :banghead:
Another post from the bloke who only comes on here and bags people, if nothing nice to say then say nothing, simple,

Zico
03-07-2013, 02:56 PM
Another post from the bloke who only comes on here and bags people, if nothing nice to say then say nothing, simple,
:blah:

Youaskedforit
03-07-2013, 03:02 PM
An early version of not being able to play up an age group has already occurred in the Elite 15's. Last year (not sure about this year) if you were 14 you could not play Elite 15's.
The reason given was they did not want players dropping out of the Newcastle/Macquarie/Hunter rep squads to go to club 15 sides instead.

I would have thought that with the money and skills available to the rep programs, they would have no trouble getting players to play for them. Same applies to the Emerging Jets. If players don't want to play for the Emerging Jets and choose Magic (for example) instead, to me that is an indicator that the Emerging Jets (and Rep) program(s) have some big problems.

In the FFA Elite coaching material, the message is "if you are good enough, you are old enough" - so not really sure why this age restriction exists.

Players have already chosen to play club football in the elite 15 competition instead of emerging jets.

CStein
03-07-2013, 09:47 PM

All while sitting in that chicken coop at Ulunga...

CStein
03-07-2013, 09:48 PM

This must include Alan Nesbit and David Eland???

seldom
03-07-2013, 10:02 PM
I truly believe developing better junior coaches is much more important than a points system in seniors for the game to develope in our region

Zico
04-07-2013, 05:37 AM
I truly believe developing better junior coaches is much more important than a points system in seniors for the game to develope in our region
I agree with you. It's better to get them young and give them a football education from the start.

ManUTDSupporter
04-07-2013, 08:48 PM
On the coaching system, why do they have a level C youth and senior? Why can't they have a system ofstarting with a youth team for a year or two and then may coach as they wish if good enough.
The only way your youth will excel (my opinion): state league criteria:
- must have 15s,16s and 19s (good enough 17 year olds will be given more experience jumping up in to19s after 16s - develop quicker)
-reserves should be of any age, as this is a stepping stone to who is good enough for firsts, gives a chance to bring some 19s up as see how they fair.
- firsts shall have atleast 5 under 23s starting a game.

I also believe clubs should be rewarded (per player) for each player who plays firsts grade, who has been brought up through the ranks of the club as a junior or been with the same club for 5 or more years. Any long serving player should also be then rewarded by the club

MFKS
04-07-2013, 11:23 PM
On the coaching system, why do they have a level C youth and senior? Why can't they have a system ofstarting with a youth team for a year or two and then may coach as they wish if good enough.
The only way your youth will excel (my opinion): state league criteria:
- must have 15s,16s and 19s (good enough 17 year olds will be given more experience jumping up in to19s after 16s - develop quicker)
-reserves should be of any age, as this is a stepping stone to who is good enough for firsts, gives a chance to bring some 19s up as see how they fair.
- firsts shall have atleast 5 under 23s starting a game.

I also believe clubs should be rewarded (per player) for each player who plays firsts grade, who has been brought up through the ranks of the club as a junior or been with the same club for 5 or more years. Any long serving player should also be then rewarded by the club

Generally speaking what you are suggesting is similar to the effects of the point system if implemented fully. Blokes who have been brought through the grades are looked upon positively and juniors being pushed through the grades is the idea. Unfortunately far too many short sighted people can't see this

late_to_the_game
05-07-2013, 10:10 AM
Sorry - lost some of the formatting...

DATE: 1 July, 2013

TO: NBN State League and NewFM First Division Clubs

FROM: NNSWF CEO on behalf of the NCR Implementation Committee

SUBJECT: Final recommendations to the NNSWF Board of Directors

The purpose of this correspondence is to provide NBN State League and NewFM First Division Clubs (Clubs) with a summary of the National Competitions Review Implementation Committee’s (IC) amended recommendations, which will be presented by the CEO to NNSWF’s Board of Directors. The amendments to the initial recommendations, which were presented to clubs on 15 May, have been made in response to the feedback provided to the IC through the formal submission process and NNSWF’s participation in a NPL Operational Planning Meeting conducted by FFA on 18 June. Further detail relating to the IC’s amended recommendations follow;
1. Teams

1.1. NPL – Seasons 2014, 2015 & 2016

 First Grade, 22’s, 19’s, 17’s, 15’s, 14’s and 13’s
 The 22’s will act as the Reserve Team for the club. Up to 5 over-age players (one of which is allocated to a GK)
 Youth Competition Rules (13’s, 14’s & 15’s only) will prevent players registering up an age e.g. 13’s cannot play in 14’s. Rules will facilitate playing up in the case of injuries and unavailability. It is essential that youth players are given the opportunity to work through each of the National Curriculum’s Development Building Blocks and that the integrity and quality of each of the youth competitions is maintained.
 Clubs will be permitted to play the three youngest 14’s in the 13’s in the event of injuries and unavailability in the 13’s.
 Specific rules to be determined through Standing Committee
 Junior club players registered in the Interdistrict Competition will not be permitted to play in the NPL i.e. U/12 players will be ineligible in the NPL 13’s

1.2. First Division – Seasons 2014, 2015 & 2016
 First Grade, 23’s & 19’s (no 17’s)
 First Division Clubs seeking to be promoted to the NPL must be licenced in accordance with the Elite Club Accreditation Criteria;
 Licencing requirements for First Division Clubs include the entry of youth teams (13’s, 14’s & 15’s minimum) in the Interdistrict Competition (preferably A Grade);
 Clubs seeking to be promoted to the NPL must be licenced prior to the commencement of the current season i.e. to be eligible for promotion to the NPL in 2015 a First Division Club must be licenced prior to the start of the 2014 season;
 Promotion and relegation will only be enforced in the event that the First Division Premiers are licenced.
 Unlicenced First Division Premiers will not be afforded the opportunity to seek licencing prior to the commencement of the following season for the purpose of promotion.
 23’s will act as the Reserve Team for the club. Up to 6 over-age players (one of which is allocated to a GK)
 Unlicenced clubs competing in the First Division will be required at a minimum to maintain NNSWF’s existing Premier Competitions Criteria.

NNSWF will schedule a meeting of the First Division Standing Committee in the near future to provide further clarity.
2. Football Development Plan (FDP)

The FDP has been omitted from the Elite Club Accreditation Criteria (ECA) for the initial licence term. This is reflective of NNSWF’s Technical Director’s decision to position the Club TD at the Youth Level. Whilst the FDP is considered very important, this decision will allow Club TD’s to initially focus on Youth Teams.

3. Underpinning Programs, Teams and Competitions

 FFA has agreed to allow elite clubs to continue to compete in community competitions conducted by Member Zones.

 NNSWF will position accredited Skill Acquisition Programs (SAP) for 10 to 12 year olds conducted by NNSWF’s Member Zones (Hunter Region) as the primary pathway for aspiring NPL Players.
 Participation in NNSWF’s State Championships (Boys 11’s & 12’s), 12’s Tour of Japan and Emerging Jets (10’s, 11’s, 12’s & 13’s) will be exclusive to players in accredited SAP’s
 NNSWF acknowledges that some clubs may wish to enter underpinning junior teams in the Interdistrict Competition. Interdistrict players will be ineligible to play in the NPL.

4. Player Point System (PPS)

Football Federation Australia (FFA) has confirmed that the PPS is a mandatory component of the NPL.
FFA has endorsed the following amendments to PPS which was presented to clubs on 15 May.

4.1. Marquee Player

Definition: Player who last played in a domestic league sanctioned and conducted by a Member Association of FIFA. Lower divisions of foreign domestic leagues conducted directly by FIFA MA’s will be subject to FFA/NNSWF approval.
Points adjustment: 0
Further commentary: Switching and Age penalties do not apply to Marquee Players. Visa Player conditions and penalties apply.

4.2. Promoted Club

In addition to 30 bonus points added to their cap in the first year of promotion, FFA has determined that Switching Player penalties will not apply to promoted clubs in their first year of the NPL.

4.3. NPL Points Cap

The IC has recommended the following points caps:
2014:250
2015:230
2016:210
The IC’s recommendations are based on the outcome of the recent benchmarking exercise. Details follow;
WESTON WORKERS BEARS 180
CHARLESTOWN CITY BLUES 201
HAMILTON OLYMPIC 219
SOUTH CARDIFF 221
BROADMEADOW MAGIC 226
VALENTINE FC 247
EDGEWORTH EAGLES 305
LAKE MACQUARIE CITY 337
LAMBTON JAFFAS* 202
TOTAL 2138
AVERAGE POINTS 238**

*Lambton Jaffas was allocated 30 Bonus Points for promotion and in accordance with FFA directive, Switching Player penalties were not applied.
**The above points are reflective of adjustments made by NNSWF to the PPS summaries supplied by clubs. A number of PPS summaries contained incorrect data.
The allocation of a maximum of 250 points in 2014 is reflective of the fact that there may be minor discrepancies relating to the allocation of in particular Home Grown and Loyalty points.
 Clubs will be provided with the opportunity to scrutinise their competitors’ PPS summary prior to the commencement of each season. NNSWF will not investigate alleged discrepancies beyond the commencement of the season.

 It is vital that the PPS achieves its stated objectives of addressing unsustainable player payments and rewarding youth development.
 FFA has agreed to reconsider the appropriateness of penalising players over the age of 25 prior to the commencement of the next licence period i.e. prior to 2017
 The allocation of additional cap points throughout the initial licence period should not require any to force out a player over the age of 25 years due to the PPS.

Left out the last two section, FMNC and Admin Workload.

late_to_the_game
05-07-2013, 10:20 AM
From the accompanying power point slides:

3.1.2. Youth Development
Clubs will be required to develop a Youth Training Plan (13’s, 14’s, 15’s and 17’s) which in high detail outlines: mission, vision, goals, how National Curriculum will be implemented, trials, selection process, number of training sessions etc.
FFA to provide a template document by 30 September 2013 in readiness for season 2014.
The Club Technical Director will be required to secure endorsement from the State Technical Director.
The Club TD will be required to provide an annual evaluation report which outlines the coaching programs delivered, outcomes achieved and recommendations for future seasons.
NNSWF’s TD and Game Training Head Coach will conduct information sessions to assist Club TD’s to complete their plan.
Clubs will not be required to establish formal affiliation agreements with local community clubs or to deliver community football programs and services. NNSWF and Member Zones will continue to fulfill this function.

The Club must advise to the Member Federation the estimated costs, by type, incurred per season for each age group / team. The cost breakdown should also outline the component of fees which represents profit to the club. The fee structure must be reported to the Member Federation and FFA for approval on an annual basis. Member Federations or FFA will have the ability to require the Club to re-set fees if they are determined to be unreasonable.
The youth training program in place for all teams must be for a minimum of 8 months (February to September).

Clubs will be required to develop a Youth Training Plan (13’s, 14’s, 15’s and 17’s) which in high detail outlines: mission, vision, goals, how National Curriculum will be implemented, trials, selection process, number of training sessions etc.
FFA to provide a template document by 30 September 2013 in readiness for season 2014.
The Club Technical Director will be required to secure endorsement from the State Technical Director.
The Club TD will be required to provide an annual evaluation report which outlines the coaching programs delivered, outcomes achieved and recommendations for future seasons.
NNSWF’s TD and Game Training Head Coach will conduct information sessions to assist Club TD’s to complete their plan.
Clubs will not be required to establish formal affiliation agreements with local community clubs or to deliver community football programs and services. NNSWF and Member Zones will continue to fulfill this function.

The Club must advise to the Member Federation the estimated costs, by type, incurred per season for each age group / team. The cost breakdown should also outline the component of fees which represents profit to the club. The fee structure must be reported to the Member Federation and FFA for approval on an annual basis. Member Federations or FFA will have the ability to require the Club to re-set fees if they are determined to be unreasonable.
The youth training program in place for all teams must be for a minimum of 8 months (February to September).

late_to_the_game
05-07-2013, 10:39 AM
Again formatting not too good!

3.1.3. Coaching

First Team Coach
Hold a C-Licence and must have attended a State Coaching Conference during the previous 12 months.
First Team Assistant Coach
Hold a Senior Licence and must have attended a State Coaching Conference during the previous 12 months.
GK Coach
Hold a GK Certificate Licence and must have attended a State Coaching Conference during the previous 12 months.
22 Coach
Hold a Senior Licence and must have attended a State Coaching Conference during the previous 12 months.
19 Coach
Technical Director
(13 to 17)
Hold a C-Licence and must have attended a State Coaching Conference during the previous 12 months. TD can hold a coaching position.
17 Coach
Hold a Youth Licence
15 Coach
Hold a Youth Licence AND the (new) Youth Specialist Certificate
14 Coach
Hold a Youth Licence
13 Coach
Hold a Youth Licence

First Team Coach
Hold/enrolled a/in 'new' B-Licence OR an 'old' A-Licence AND a refresher certificate
Hold/enroll a/in 'new' C-Licence OR an 'old' B-Licence AND a refresher certificate
GK Coach
Hold a GK Certificate Licence and must have attended a State Coaching Conference during the previous 12 months.
22 Coach
Hold/enroll a/in 'new' C-Licence OR an 'old' C-Licence AND a refresher certificate
19 Coach
Technical Director
(13 to 17)
Hold/enrolled a 'new' B-Licence OR an 'old' B-Licence AND a refresher certificate
17 Coach
Hold a (new) Game Training Certificate and must have attended a State Coaching Conference during the previous 12 months
15 Coach
Hold (new) Youth Specialist Certificate and must have attended a State Coaching Conference during the previous 12 months
14 Coach
Hold (new) Youth Specialist Certificate and must have attended a State Coaching Conference during the previous 12 months
13 Coach
Hold a Skill Training Certificate and Youth Specialist Certificate

First Team Coach
Hold a 'new' B-Licence OR an 'old' A-Licence AND a refresher certificate
Hold a 'new' C-Licence OR an 'old' B-Licence AND a refresher certificate
GK Coach
Hold a GK Level 1 Licence and must have attended a State Coaching Conference during the previous 12 months.
22 Coach
Hold a 'new' C-Licence OR an 'old' C-Licence AND a refresher certificate
19 Coach
Hold a 'new' C-Licence
Technical Director
(13 to 17)
Hold a 'new' B-Licence OR an 'old' B-Licence AND a refresher certificate
17 Coach
Must hold the (new) Youth Specialist Certificate AND a C-License
15 Coach
Must hold the (new) Youth Specialist Certificate AND a C-Licence.
14 Coach
Must hold the (new) Youth Specialist Certificate AND a C-Licence
13 Coach
Must hold the (new) Youth Specialist Certificate AND a C-Licence

NNSWF will continue to identify opportunities to direct funding to the elite coaching accreditation fund;
NNSWF is prepared to consider providing clubs that support First Touch Football Supplies with additional funding towards elite coaching accreditation;
NNSWF’s preferred funding model is based on NNSWF, clubs and the coach contributing equally to the cost of accreditation. For example, FFA has reduced the cost of the C Licence to $1200 plus GST. Proposed funding model – NNSWF: $400 - Club: $400 - Coach: $400;
NNSWF reserves the right to determine which coaches or coaching positions are prioritised to receive funding from the elite coaching accreditation fund;
Current cost of the B Licence is $3900. NNSWF to determine contribution;
It is therefore proposed that clubs will need to budget to assist identified coaches;
FFA has agreed to draft an agreement, which will protect clubs that contribute financially to a coaches accreditation;
NNSWF will consult with FFA to implement competition regulations which will prohibit “unfinancial” coaches from registering with another club;
NNSWF is committed to conducting a C and B Licence annually for coaches in the Hunter Region and a C Licence every second year in Regional Northern NSW.

late_to_the_game
05-07-2013, 10:42 AM
This one is for the obvious protagonists.....

3.1.6. Facilities
Clubs must adhere to NNSWF’s Premier Competitions Criteria;
Management is proposing a number of amendments such as the requirement for clubs to have at least exclusive access to their playing facility on alternate weekends;
Clubs will be required to prioritise identified facility enhancement projects within its Business Plan and Budget Forecast. The plan must consider facilities standards set by the Member Federation and address both the stadium and training facilities utilised by the Club.
Clubs will be required to respond to NNSWF’s strategic initiatives relating to facilities.
FFA will seek to establish nationally consistent facility standards in the medium term - these standards will be introduced in revised licencing criteria in the future.

MFKS
05-07-2013, 10:47 AM
So in light of the current bench marks being what they are for the point system

WESTON WORKERS BEARS 180
CHARLESTOWN CITY BLUES 201
HAMILTON OLYMPIC 219
SOUTH CARDIFF 221
BROADMEADOW MAGIC 226
VALENTINE FC 247
EDGEWORTH EAGLES 305
LAKE MACQUARIE CITY 337
LAMBTON JAFFAS* 202

Most of the clubs with a slight tweaking or two would get under the 200 points next year with out much drama.

I see problems for Edgy and Lakes. Valo may have some problems but from all reports are merging with someone anyway.:sparring::roflz:

Surprisingly Magic and Olympic were a lot closer to the 200 point mark than I would have thought.

Anyway makes a complete mockery of the tossers on here that say it couldn't be done. 1 Club is already under it and 5 clubs could with a few tweakings get under comfortably next year. Question now stands WHY ISN'T IT BEING DONE NEXT YEAR

late_to_the_game
05-07-2013, 11:13 AM
Player Points System Detail - Better formatting this time!

The PPS assumes a mandatory squad size of 20 players for the First Team.

Each player is initially worth 10 points and the absolute point limit is 200 points per squad.

Player values are then discounted, or inflated, depending on the characteristics of the player and whether this characteristics have been prioritised. The adjusted values, which would be cumulative, areas follows:

Category Name

Category Description

Points Adjustment

Commentary

Standard Player

All players in the First team squad

+1

+1 for each year the player is over the age of 25

Visa Player

Player holding an international visa selected in the First Team squad.
Permanent Residents are excluded in accordance with NRR

+10

Maximum of 2 visa players per squad

Home-grown Player

Player who has risen through the club’s development pathway within the licenced club to be selected in the First Team squad.
(Youth defined as Grades 15, 17, 19 & 23)

-1 for each Youth team the player has played >15 matches for in a season (max of 5)

Pathway Players

Players who have participated in an elite ‘pathway team’, such as the A-League, NYL, AIS or EJ’s but have returned to the licensed club and are members of the First Team squad

No penalty for players who have left a club, joined a pathway team and subsequently returned to the club

Rising Stars

Highly talented young player, under 18, who has been selected for the First Team squad

if U18 player promoted to First Team

If U/17

If U/16

Switching Player

Players who have switched clubs from the preceding season and are in the First Team squad. Applies to any club not just NPL.

+8

+4

Added points if a player switches clubs and played >5 games
Added points if less played <5 games

Loyalty Player

Player that competes for the same club in their First Grade Squad for 5
consecutive seasons

For each season (cumulative to a maximum of -5). Must reach 5 consecutive seasons before any points are applied

Youth Player Advancement

(13 to 19)

Youth player that is signed from the club’s youth teams into a national elite team (HAL, NYL, AIS, EJ’s)

+3

One-off bonus to club’s PPS cap. Can be used for 1 season. Current or next

First Team Player Advancement

First Team Player that is signed from the club into a national elite team (HAL, NYL, AIS, EJ’s 18)

+8

One-off bonus to club’s PPS cap. Can be used for 1 season. Current or next

Marquee Player

Player who last played in a domestic league sanctioned and conducted by a Member Association of FIFA. Lower divisions of foreign domestic leagues conducted directly by FIFA MA’s will be subject to approval.

Approved by FFA. Age and Switching Player penalties do not apply. Visa conditions apply

Youth Pathway credit

Youth Club player who is selected into elite pathway and returns to club.

+1
for each season in elite pathway

Bonus points are applied to Home Grown Player points.
Rejected by FFA due to Youth Player Advancement bonus.

Promoted club

Club promoted from lower division

+30

One-off bonus to club’s PPS cap.
Switching Player penalties do not apply to promoted club in initial season of NPL.

Zico
05-07-2013, 11:53 AM
Watch clubs go crazy while they still have 250 points to play with. Once it gets down to 200 points players movements will be very restricted.

EH9
05-07-2013, 12:54 PM
My question from the above is that if a NEW FM club decides that they do not want to apply for a licence they simply have to meet the old criteria, that they already meet, and they can ignore all points listed above?

Premy
05-07-2013, 01:48 PM
My question from the above is that if a NEW FM club decides that they do not want to apply for a licence they simply have to meet the old criteria, that they already meet, and they can ignore all points listed above?

They could most likely risk missing out as teams like Cooks Hill, Uni, Nelson Bay ect may apply

MFKS
05-07-2013, 02:53 PM
So reading through the rules again a bloke who has played for the same club for years as they are getting older will not be forced out of the game as some of the full of shit people on here were claiming.

A player who has played first grade for 5 years at the same club is eligible for a point off their points tally for each year they have been at the club up to a max of 5. Balances out with the players being pinged a point after they reach 25 years plus. Add in the other deductions for coming through juniors at the club and the sky isn't falling as much as some of the deluded may think.

Obviously will punish players over 25 wanting to switch clubs but at that age they would want to be high quality at this level not general run of the mill players which is probably best

Zico once again proven to have NFI about anything despite him running his mouth on this subject :whistling::rof:

Zico
05-07-2013, 03:17 PM
So reading through the rules again a bloke who has played for the same club for years as they are getting older will not be forced out of the game as some of the full of shit people on here were claiming.

A player who has played first grade for 5 years at the same club is eligible for a point off their points tally for each year they have been at the club up to a max of 5. Balances out with the players being pinged a point after they reach 25 years plus. Add in the other deductions for coming through juniors at the club and the sky isn't falling as much as some of the deluded may think.

Obviously will punish players over 25 wanting to switch clubs but at that age they would want to be high quality at this level not general run of the mill players which is probably best

Zico once again proven to have NFI about anything despite him running his mouth on this subject :whistling::rof:
:violin:

MFKS
05-07-2013, 03:39 PM
:violin:
Just too much fun when you were wrong and I was right:roflz:

ForeverRed
05-07-2013, 04:15 PM
Just too much fun when you were wrong and I was right:roflz:
Does zico know the ball is round 😳

ManUTDSupporter
05-07-2013, 07:19 PM
Is there a criteria to being able to gain a 'C' licence? or to gain a 'B' licence after gaining C?
Do coaches get much money offered to them in the state league? In a sense so that there is high quality coaches available/ lured in?

late_to_the_game
05-07-2013, 07:28 PM
You have to apply to attend any of the license courses. In general to do C you need a senior license and coaching experience, or have played at a high level.
To do B, you need the C and two years of coaching experience. in special circumstances you can be fast tracked. E.g. Ange Costanzo or Michael Bridges...
When I did my C, 26 in the course, only 20 passed initially. Six had to re-sit either the theory or practical exam sections. It was 13 days 9am to 8pm, one day off in the middle. It is serious stuff, but lots of fun, with a tremendous group of very motivated coaches, most of whom paid their own way onto the course.($3000+ two years ago)

ManUTDSupporter
05-07-2013, 07:46 PM
You have to apply to attend any of the license courses. In general to do C you need a senior license and coaching experience, or have played at a high level.
To do B, you need the C and two years of coaching experience. in special circumstances you can be fast tracked. E.g. Ange Costanzo or Michael Bridges...
When I did my C, 26 in the course, only 20 passed initially. Six had to re-sit either the theory or practical exam sections. It was 13 days 9am to 8pm, one day off in the middle. It is serious stuff, but lots of fun, with a tremendous group of very motivated coaches, most of whom paid their own way onto the course.($3000+ two years ago)

Just looked on the federation page and I believe it is $1300 (no accommodation), for approx 5 or 7 days for C?
Doesn't say anything about a criteria, only for B saying you need C.
What do they class as high level? I understand being a professional player would be advantage, but surely so wine who is not a pro should be able to go as high as they wish, providing they prove themselves!
They may know the game better than anyone

AcK0
05-07-2013, 08:11 PM
Just looked on the federation page and I believe it is $1300 (no accommodation), for approx 5 or 7 days for C?
What do they class as high level? I understand being a professional player would be advantage, but surely so wine who is not a pro should be able to go as high as they wish, providing they prove themselves!

Totally agree, only have to look at Mourinho or Villas-Boas.

Zico
05-07-2013, 08:14 PM
Does zico know the ball is round ��:wtf:

MFKS
05-07-2013, 08:32 PM
Does zico know the ball is round ��

Zico wouldn't know his head from his arse half the time judging by half the shit he comes out with:sparring:

Zico
05-07-2013, 09:32 PM
Zico wouldn't know his head from his arse half the time judging by half the shit he comes out with:sparring:
hahahahaha love it MFKS.

The Baby Piglet
05-07-2013, 09:54 PM
Is there a criteria to being able to gain a 'C' licence? or to gain a 'B' licence after gaining C?
Do coaches get much money offered to them in the state league? In a sense so that there is high quality coaches available/ lured in?

I think you'd be very surprised to see the $$$ NBN coaches get... i know of three 1st grade coaches that are on $10,000+

late_to_the_game
05-07-2013, 10:52 PM

The price has come down recently - they are trying to make it more available, as well as running regional courses split in parts to make it easier to do.
I did a central course run over two straight weeks.
There is no need to have played at a high level, it just means you probably don't need the coaching experience part. They may have changed the entrance requirements since I did it. Best to call the FFA directly and ask.
If you had not coached at all, and turned up to the course I did, you would have struggled big time.

late_to_the_game
05-07-2013, 10:58 PM
So I took note of the number of views for this thread before posting the NNSW stuff. There have been 431 views in 12 hours.
I get a little frustrated that NNSW does not make this information more easily available.
Even allowing for MFKS, ForeverRed and Zico checking on each others insults, that is a lot of people keen to find out what is going on.....

boz-monaut
05-07-2013, 11:18 PM
or a lot of search engine bots

I'm not saying you're wrong but don't read too much into it

seldom
05-07-2013, 11:22 PM
So I took note of the number of views for this thread before posting the NNSW stuff. There have been 431 views in 12 hours.
I get a little frustrated that NNSW does not make this information more easily available.
Even allowing for MFKS, ForeverRed and Zico checking on each others insults, that is a lot of people keen to find out what is going on.....

Cheers for the updates answered a lot of questions I had.In regards to the coaching certs surely they're not gunna shaft a successful coach over the years just because he doesnt have a C or B licence.Some people will struggle for the time off and also the coin if clubs dont help them out.I can point you in the direction of 2 or 3 coaches in newy and scum land with an A licence who have absolutely no idea of the game

late_to_the_game
05-07-2013, 11:55 PM
The interesting thing is that there are a lot of aspects to coaching - so Rado Vidosic is probably the best assistant coach in the country, but not a good head coach - different skills required.
I also overheard a conversation about Ron Smith (AIS Head coach for quite a while). They described him as the best "technical coach" they had ever seen, but tanked when in charge of Perth Glory. I heard him lecture at a coaching conference a couple of years ago, and he is really impressive.

Melbourne Heart FC Head Coach John Aloisi and newly appointed assistant Hayden Foxe have lavished praise on former AIS Head Coach Ron Smith after he was recently confirmed as the Club’s Technical Advisor.

Smith arrives at Heart boasting unrivalled experience in the coaching realm, having played an instrumental role in the development of Australian football’s golden generation.

Aloisi and Foxe are among the litany of Australian football luminaries to have learned their trade under Smith at the Australian Institute of Sport, which include the likes of Mark Viduka, Lucas Neill, Craig Moore, Ned Zelic and Josip Skoko.

MFKS
06-07-2013, 05:58 PM
Cheers for the updates answered a lot of questions I had.In regards to the coaching certs surely they're not gunna shaft a successful coach over the years just because he doesnt have a C or B licence.Some people will struggle for the time off and also the coin if clubs dont help them out.I can point you in the direction of 2 or 3 coaches in newy and scum land with an A licence who have absolutely no idea of the game

Seldom would it not be imperative of these clubs employing these coaches to fund their coaching certificates to be up to scratch?? Any self respecting club should be making sure adequate funding is going into making sure their coaching staff are qualified enough to do the job?? Considering the NBN clubs are paying their players the least they should be doing is funding their coaches.

Over a few years the pool will continue to grow as more and more get the certificates.

I am sure if I read that correct the costs of these courses were gonna be subsidised too by the NNSW Fed as well

As for the levels below that the need for the higher end certs wouldn't be as high and will be picked up in time

sutho
08-07-2013, 09:37 AM

maybe they should be in nnsw. there is plenty of quality on the coast with nowhere to go. Player points system will stop them getting snapped up by Valo

late_to_the_game
23-07-2013, 09:53 PM
A question, I was told this week that a team relegated from the NBN has to wait 3 years before they can be promoted again. Is this true?
Found no mention of this in the recent NPL information.

Zico
31-07-2013, 01:51 PM
Is this the start of the clubs actually standing up for themselves against the FFA? http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/278035,ffv-press-on-despite-npl-crisis.aspx

Premy
31-07-2013, 02:13 PM
Comparing apples and oranges here Zico.
You'll find most of the Clubs in Victoria are actually upset because FFV lack of consultation and the proposed changes are not in line with the NCC. Northern's directive follows the guidelines set by the NCC apart from the 22's The NCC recommended a 20's. This is old news by the way Melbourne Knights and Green Gully lead the withdrawals of applications over a month ago now South Melbourne and Northcote have pulled the pin its gathered momentem.
Apples and Oranges no comparison as to what's happening in NNSW

late_to_the_game
04-08-2013, 04:07 PM
So the rumours are that there will be a 12 team comp, but for the "Juniors" (13,14,15,17s) of the NPL only.
So Valentine will stay in this (junior) comp, add Adamstown and a set of teams from Mid North Coast.
The Valo "seniors" 19, 23, 1sts will be in NewFM.

JCBT
04-08-2013, 08:37 PM
If VPFC stay in the comp then the Fed are a bunch of ****wits. How can you have promotion/relegation but move the goal posts every week?
They have a shithouse set up for a home ground, **** all supporters and a piss weak playing roster that do nothing to promote the massive junior base they have at their mercy. **** them off and add Adamstown and Maitland.

EH9
04-08-2013, 09:17 PM
Rumour I heard today is that VPFC will move from Cahill Oval to Southern Beaches rugby fields in Mount Hutton from next season.

seldom
04-08-2013, 09:25 PM
Rumour I heard today is that VPFC will move from Cahill Oval to Southern Beaches rugby fields in Mount Hutton from next season.

Is this a step up ?

EH9
04-08-2013, 09:36 PM
Depends how much rugby gets played on it during the season.

Zico
04-08-2013, 10:24 PM
What a ****n joke of a club! If this is true how can they stay in the comp? Just **** the turds off and be done with it!!!!

Premy
04-08-2013, 11:20 PM
Next year

NBN
Hamilton
Lambton
Broadmedow
Adamstown
Charlestown
South Cardiff
Lake Macqurie
Edgeworth
Weston
Valentine
Maitland
Jets Youth

ZPL
West Wallsend
Singelton
Thornton
Bel-Swans
Toronto
Cesnock
Cooks Hill
Uni
Mayfield
Nelson Bay

ZL1
Swansea
Dudley
Cardiff
Barnsley
Plattsburg
New Lambton
Warnersbay
Garden Suburb
Wallsend
Raymond Terrace

ZL2
Newcastle Suns
Kotara
Kahibah
Beresfield
Morisset
Belmont
Jesmond
Muswelbrook

ZL3
Westlakes
Medowie
Hamilton
Uni
Charlestown
Merewether
Tanambit
Beresfield

ZL4
Stockton
Hunter Simba
Cooks Hill
Dungog
Kurri Kurri
Mayfield
Toronto

Lotto ticket anyone?

Imyourhero
04-08-2013, 11:32 PM
Next year

NBN
Hamilton
Lambton
Broadmedow
Adamstown
Charlestown
South Cardiff
Lake Macqurie
Edgeworth
Weston
Valentine
Maitland
Jets Youth

ZPL
West Wallsend
Singelton
Thornton
Bel-Swans
Toronto
Cesnock
Cooks Hill
Uni
Mayfield
Nelson Bay

ZL1
Swansea
Dudley
Cardiff
Barnsley
Plattsburg
New Lambton
Warnersbay
Garden Suburb
Wallsend
Raymond Terrace

ZL2
Newcastle Suns
Kotara
Kahibah
Beresfield
Morisset
Belmont
Jesmond
Muswelbrook

ZL3
Westlakes
Medowie
Hamilton
Uni
Charlestown
Merewether
Tanambit
Beresfield

ZL4
Stockton
Hunter Simba
Cooks Hill
Dungog
Kurri Kurri
Mayfield
Toronto

Lotto ticket anyone?

Id love a ticket thanks.
12 team NBN is good idea, play everyone twice = more games = more chances for players = more chance to coach everyone = improved skills = improved coaches

spamg172
05-08-2013, 07:41 AM
Would u have Zpl be 23s & Resies or 19s & 23s?

pv4
05-08-2013, 08:16 AM
Why wouldn't you have three 12 team ZL comps, with the rest making up a 7-8 team comp? Why is it a good idea to have 12 teams in NBN but not ZL?

Premy
05-08-2013, 11:52 AM
I think a 10 team ZPL would be a greater quility comp rather then stretching the talent pool for a 12 team comp. I also read on here a few clubs a struggling with multiple players out injured 4 extra games would only see that number rise.

Premy
05-08-2013, 11:54 AM
Would u have Zpl be 23s & Resies or 19s & 23s?

Good question I think just as interesting would ZL1 be 23's or 3rd grade.

ForeverRed
05-08-2013, 12:03 PM
theres not enough talent for a 12 team competition, that was clearly shown last time it was 12

Sweet FA Cup
05-08-2013, 01:14 PM

I understand that Southern Beaches will move from Cahill Oval to Alan Davis Fields Gateshead. LMCC are reportedly chipping in $2m to upgrade the facility. New drainage, reticulation turf, lights - $600K and the balance on facilities over the 4 fields.
It will cater for rugby, cricket and aussie no rules.
Southern beaches don't play rugby at Holford Oval, but I think Central play junior league there. Southern Beaches left there for a reason.
Surely, with that amount of whippy being thrown around, Cahill or another ground ( CB Complex, Marks Point or Blacksmiths?) could be upgraded if VPFC got a cut.

punter
05-08-2013, 04:35 PM
theres not enough talent for a 12 team competition, that was clearly shown last time it was 12

How long ago was last time red
With all the jets youth system in place surely there is a lot more talent around now a days.

outsider
05-08-2013, 05:11 PM
I understand that Southern Beaches will move from Cahill Oval to Alan Davis Fields Gateshead. LMCC are reportedly chipping in $2m to upgrade the facility. New drainage, reticulation turf, lights - $600K and the balance on facilities over the 4 fields.
It will cater for rugby, cricket and aussie no rules.
Southern beaches don't play rugby at Holford Oval, but I think Central play junior league there. Southern Beaches left there for a reason.
Surely, with that amount of whippy being thrown around, Cahill or another ground ( CB Complex, Marks Point or Blacksmiths?) could be upgraded if VPFC got a cut.

One of the problems with them using Cahill is the new competition format will require games to be played over two days and there may be a problem with Lakes United giving up the ground for Valentine Phoenix

Zico
14-08-2013, 09:02 AM
I'm hearing more and more that NNSWF are strongly considering a 12 team State League and then down to ZPL. Could be just shit being spread around the football circles but it appears to be building strength.

outsider
14-08-2013, 10:16 AM
How long ago was last time red
With all the jets youth system in place surely there is a lot more talent around now a days.

If you think that then you cant have been watching much football this year

Premy
14-08-2013, 02:02 PM
FFA Launches Inaugural NPL 2013 Finals Series

http://m.footballaustralia.com.au/news-display/ffa-launches-inaugural-npl-2013-finals-series/72678

By the looks of this next years premier will play Queenslands premier in the 1st round of next years final series.
I think the NPL 1st round 2014 will be
1- Qld V NNSW
2- NSW V ACT
3- VIC V TAS
4- S.A V W.A

Semis
5- winner game 1 V winner game 2
6- winner game 3 V winner game 4

Final
game 5 V game 6
Host to be decided on a points system threw the NPL finals series
3 points winning in 90min
2 points winning in extra time
1 point winning on penalties
3 point per goal scored (excluding penalties)
-1 point per goal conceded (excluding penalties)
-1 point per yellow card
-3 points per red card

Premy
14-08-2013, 02:06 PM
FFA Launches Inaugural NPL 2013 Finals Series

http://m.footballaustralia.com.au/news-display/ffa-launches-inaugural-npl-2013-finals-series/72678

By the looks of this next years premier will play Queenslands premier in the 1st round of next years final series.
I think the NPL 1st round 2014 will be
1- Qld V NNSW
2- NSW V ACT
3- VIC V TAS
4- S.A V W.A

Semis
5- winner game 1 V winner game 2
6- winner game 3 V winner game 4

Final
game 5 V game 6
Host to be decided on a points system threw the NPL finals series
3 points winning in 90min
2 points winning in extra time
1 point winning on penalties
3 point per goal scored (excluding penalties)
-1 point per goal conceded (excluding penalties)
-1 point per yellow card
-3 points per red card

Games 1-4 to alternate host each year so if Queensland host NNSW 2014, then NNSW host Queensland 2015 and so on and so on

Swanky
14-08-2013, 04:11 PM
Will be interesting to see which Premiers get sent.
In my opinion it should be the Minor Premiers

Premy
14-08-2013, 04:38 PM
Will be interesting to see which Premiers get sent.
In my opinion it should be the Minor Premiers

2013 final series S.A to send Grand final winners the other 4 federations to send the premiers

late_to_the_game
28-08-2013, 10:43 PM
So just found out tonight that the Junior competition in the NPL will not include Valentine. They were under the impression that they would play so that there would not be a bye round - 12 team competition. (Caused by brining in Mid North Coast).

Not sure of the reasons, maybe Mid North coast are not in, maybe there is a Central Coast group of teams, maybe some clubs didn't want the competition for players. Who knows.

Makes it difficult for them to maintain juniors in the U13-U17, and if they get back up will have to start from scratch again (Like Adamstown are doing)

I thought it made a lot of sense, it gives the relegated club a real incentive to fight hard to get back up straight away. It also meant anyone who got promoted could at least guarantee that they would have a junior program for a minimum of two years.

punter
29-08-2013, 09:13 AM
So just found out tonight that the Junior competition in the NPL will not include Valentine. They were under the impression that they would play so that there would not be a bye round - 12 team competition. (Caused by brining in Mid North Coast).

Not sure of the reasons, maybe Mid North coast are not in, maybe there is a Central Coast group of teams, maybe some clubs didn't want the competition for players. Who knows.

Makes it difficult for them to maintain juniors in the U13-U17, and if they get back up will have to start from scratch again (Like Adamstown are doing)

I thought it made a lot of sense, it gives the relegated club a real incentive to fight hard to get back up straight away. It also meant anyone who got promoted could at least guarantee that they would have a junior program for a minimum of two years.

I wouldn't think it would take much to organise all ya junior teams to run last as valentines did this year, it would be different if they were losing a heap of good players and there teams were all top 2.

JCBT
29-08-2013, 07:40 PM
I've heard there is not only a push for North Coast Juniors in the NPL but also one for senior grades to join the NNSW NPL. Plenty of rumours are doing the rounds at the moment and this could easily be one of them.

Drunken ranger
29-08-2013, 10:30 PM
Premy I wonder why nelson bay are in front of burbs wallsend and half of ZPL in "your" opinion

Premy
29-08-2013, 11:08 PM
Premy I wonder why nelson bay are in front of burbs wallsend and half of ZPL in "your" opinion

I think a Club representing the whole of Port Stephens should be in 1 of the top 2 divisions, weather that would be you lads at Terrace or the Bay I'm not sure 2 good facilities the bay slightly better in my opinion.

Premy
29-08-2013, 11:10 PM
I've heard there is not only a push for North Coast Juniors in the NPL but also one for senior grades to join the NNSW NPL. Plenty of rumours are doing the rounds at the moment and this could easily be one of them.

Would be a huge step in the right direction from NNSW if this was to happen

sancho_theswan
31-08-2013, 10:39 AM
Would be a huge step in the right direction from NNSW if this was to happen

????????

JCBT
09-09-2013, 11:10 AM
What time are the Fed making it public about the new comp? I was told a while ago that they would announce it on the 9th Sept?

EH9
09-09-2013, 04:13 PM
16th September

JCBT
10-09-2013, 11:08 AM
16th September
Cheers

Zico
16-09-2013, 11:03 AM
Any news yet on the new make up for next season?

MFKS
16-09-2013, 03:35 PM
Any news yet on the new make up for next season?

Yeah

Southy will still be playing at the Chicken Coop :deadhorse:
Magic will be highly competitve and the team to beat:deadhorse:
People will moan that the Jets get too much preferential treatment.:deadhorse:
People will also moan about all the canteen money from the GF going to Edgy:deadhorse:
If Magic don't win it will be blamed on not buying big name players with the lack of canteen money from them not hosting the GF :deadhorse:
People will moan about the changes due to the NPL :deadhorse:

Thomas477
16-09-2013, 04:53 PM
And don't forget the Jaffas getting favourable media coverage!

Zico
16-09-2013, 05:19 PM
Yeah

Southy will still be playing at the Chicken Coop :deadhorse:
Magic will be highly competitve and the team to beat:deadhorse:
People will moan that the Jets get too much preferential treatment.:deadhorse:
People will also moan about all the canteen money from the GF going to Edgy:deadhorse:
If Magic don't win it will be blamed on not buying big name players with the lack of canteen money from them not hosting the GF :deadhorse:
People will moan about the changes due to the NPL :deadhorse:
And MFKS will continue to be the biggest anti local football ****wit on the forum :banghead:

MFKS
16-09-2013, 06:01 PM
And MFKS will continue to be the biggest anti local football ****wit on the forum :banghead:

Zico I could respond to your comments in kind but I am already aware you ain't worthy of the effort :tongue::wacko:

Imyourhero
17-09-2013, 10:05 AM
So has NNSW just decided they'll not worry about deadlines? As long as everything they bring in is perfect i won't complain :tongue:

ForeverRed
18-09-2013, 02:51 PM
Press release tomorrow, no changes to state league except Adamstown in for valentine

MFKS
18-09-2013, 04:48 PM
Press release tomorrow, no changes to state league except Adamstown in for valentine

So if there are no changes other than the obvious one of the Rosebuds In >> Valentine Out why the need for a Press Release??

Imyourhero
18-09-2013, 04:55 PM
So if there are no changes other than the obvious one of the Rosebuds In >> Valentine Out why the need for a Press Release??

If there is not anything changed apart from what has been outlined in the past then the fact that they are over a week past the original deadline shows exactly how poor NNSW is. Somehow this is Middlebys fault.

MIDDLEBY OUT!

Zico
18-09-2013, 05:15 PM
This has turned into a bit of a joke how they have strung it out only to leave things as expected. They must not have been able to find a North Coast side suitable for the comp.
The rumours regarding Lakes were just that.

Keep the long balls short
18-09-2013, 05:39 PM
If there is not anything changed apart from what has been outlined in the past then the fact that they are over a week past the original deadline shows exactly how poor NNSW is. Somehow this is Middlebys fault.

MIDDLEBY OUT!

Yep no change , just confirming our acceptance into the NBN , cannot wait for next season already. Its going to be a really interesting competition with so many managerial changes in the NBN.

backstick
19-09-2013, 07:47 AM
This has turned into a bit of a joke how they have strung it out only to leave things as expected. They must not have been able to find a North Coast side suitable for the comp.
The rumours regarding Lakes were just that.

North Coast have been invited to include teams in 13, 14,15,17's

JCBT
19-09-2013, 08:11 AM
11 teams in junior NPL is poor. Why not include another club and be done with the bye?

Beast
19-09-2013, 10:29 AM
Thought the original plan was for Valo to be the 12th junior team but the other clubs objected so they were dropped.

Imyourhero
19-09-2013, 10:49 AM
Should have added Maitland to the juniors if that idea was on the cards, they have a very large junior base.

MFKS
19-09-2013, 01:30 PM
The Board of Directors of Northern NSW Football (NNSWF) has announced the clubs to contest the 2014 National Premier Leagues (NPL).

NNSWF’s Board of Director’s formally endorsed the National Competitions Review Implementation Committee’s (IC) recommendations on 1 July 2013. In response, NNSWF’s Management issued NPL Application Documentation to the nine (9) clubs contesting NNSWF’s NBN State League and the eight (8) NEWFM First Division clubs in 2013.

As a result, nine (9) NBN State League and six (6) NEWFM First Division clubs formally applied for a NPL Licence in accordance with the Elite Club Accreditation Criteria (ECA).

‘NNSWF was very pleased with the response from the clubs and their commitment to the NPL, Northern NSW Football CEO David Eland said. ‘Participation in the NPL requires a lift in professionalism on and off the field in order to fulfil the requirements of the ECA.’

Following evaluation of the applications, NNSWF Board of Directors has invited the following NBN State League clubs to participate in the inaugural NPL in 2014 subject to the terms of the Participation Licence and compliance with ECA;

- Adamstown Rosebud FC
- Broadmeadow Magic FC
- Charlestown City Blues FC
- Edgeworth FC
- Hamilton Olympic FC
- Lake Macquarie City FC
- Lambton Jaffas FC
- South Cardiff FC
- Weston Workers FC

The following clubs in the NEWFM 1st Division competition have been granted a 3 year NPL licence that will allow them to participate should they qualify for the NPL beyond 2014;

- Belmont Swansea United SC
- Cessnock City FC
- Maitland FC
- Toronto Awaba FC
- West Wallsend SFC
- Valentine FC

NEWFM 1st Division clubs Thornton and Singleton, did not apply for a licence, however the clubs will be invited to compete in the NEWFM 1st Division along with the above Licenced Clubs in accordance with the terms of an annual Participation Agreement.

NNSWF’s Board of Directors also agreed to permit the Newcastle Jets Youth and the Emerging Jets to participate in the NPL in accordance with FFA directives, forging an even stronger player pathway for elite young players, particularly those in the ground-breaking Emerging Jets program.

NNSWF’s Board of Directors has also invited Football Mid North Coast to participate in the NPL Youth Grades (13, 14, 15 & 17) in accordance with IC’s recommendation.

To facilitate clubs’ participation within the NPL and to continue to develop Premier Clubs’ operations and efficiencies, NNSWF has promoted current Club Development Officer Gary Fisher to a new role of Senior Club Development Officer, specifically created to assist clubs in the NPL, NEWFM 1st Division and Herald Women’s Premier League implement and maintain the elite criteria and other strategic initiatives.

Imyourhero
19-09-2013, 01:42 PM
that definetly warrants over a week late witht the deadline information

gk1985
19-09-2013, 01:54 PM
I think NEWFM should be a 10 team comp

Beast
19-09-2013, 03:00 PM
Is that the same Gary Fisher who coaches at Weston ? Wouldn't that be a Conflict of interest

Local Rules
19-09-2013, 03:11 PM
Is that the same Gary Fisher who coaches at Weston ? Wouldn't that be a Conflict of interest

Not at all (insert sarcasm) He will only have the best interests of all the clubs at heart and will never favour one over the other. He is there to make sure everyone can meet the criteria.

The Magician
19-09-2013, 10:18 PM
Not at all (insert sarcasm) He will only have the best interests of all the clubs at heart and will never favour one over the other. He is there to make sure everyone can meet the criteria.

Maybe he can shed a light on how Charlestown got club of the year... Smells like Qatar's World Cup bid fiasco to me.

Zico
20-09-2013, 05:52 AM
Thought the same thing.

ForeverRed
20-09-2013, 06:19 AM
It works for magic, why not weston (sarcasm)

wannabe
20-09-2013, 08:25 AM
It works for magic, why not weston (sarcasm)

What like "former president" larry udarov running the board or current captain Peter Haynes working at northern and heading the review into the referees. The same ones who ref him each week (insert sarcasm and smiley face with a puzzled expression).

Onehunglow
20-09-2013, 08:21 PM
What like "former president" larry udarov running the board or current captain Peter Haynes working at northern and heading the review into the referees. The same ones who ref him each week (insert sarcasm and smiley face with a puzzled expression).

Did you ever stop and think maybe Urdarov and Haynes are quality contributors to Newcastle and NNSW football. Urdarov has an award from FIFA for services to the game. Haynes is a quality player, a good person and in a position to make a positive contribution to football.

ForeverRed
20-09-2013, 08:43 PM
Is one onehunglow Gary fisher

wannabe
20-09-2013, 10:45 PM
Did you ever stop and think maybe Urdarov and Haynes are quality contributors to Newcastle and NNSW football. Urdarov has an award from FIFA for services to the game. Haynes is a quality player, a good person and in a position to make a positive contribution to football.

Yeah my bad one hung,I meant to tag zicos comment . He is always so pro magic and has a comment about a guy from Weston being involved with nnsw being a bad thing . Was just pointing out that I didn't see the problem zico had when his club has two people working for nnsw,or is it only ok for magic zico? Known Peter for a long time and meant no disrespect to him or udarov,I think they both do a great job.

MFKS
20-09-2013, 11:42 PM
Complete hogwash this argument.

If some bloke gets a gig at NNSW everyone says they will have favoritism to their club where they held a role that got them the gig at NNSW
If some bloke has no affiliation to a local club then they are deemed not a football person.

End of the day they either have a prior affiliation with a club or they have no affiliation at all to the area and are then an outsider. Thats what you get in these roles

How about reviewing what they do, how they do it and then judge it on its merits without a pre conceived agenda???

Zico
21-09-2013, 12:12 PM
Yeah my bad one hung,I meant to tag zicos comment . He is always so pro magic and has a comment about a guy from Weston being involved with nnsw being a bad thing . Was just pointing out that I didn't see the problem zico had when his club has two people working for nnsw,or is it only ok for magic zico? Known Peter for a long time and meant no disrespect to him or udarov,I think they both do a great job.
I just agreed with another post.

Onehunglow
21-09-2013, 05:35 PM

no problem

Onehunglow
21-09-2013, 05:37 PM
Is one onehunglow Gary fisher

No, not even involved with Magic or NNSW, just stating my opinion based on my expericence with the two men in quetstion

Captain_Carl
19-11-2021, 11:49 AM
All these years later the same types of discussions haven’t gone away.