PDA

View Full Version : jets pre-season games

Pages : 1 [2]

furns
10-09-2013, 10:21 PM
Final score was 3-0 - Bridges scored the last one

I dont know how it went beyond FUjones telling me that they werent lumping it up to Heskey, he was playing out wide for some of it.

scarfy96
11-09-2013, 10:41 AM
Herald version:
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/1767980/burns-scores-for-jets-on-debut/

NATHAN Burns made a spectacular start to life as a Newcastle Jet, scoring a stunning goal to help steer his new club to a comprehensive 3-0 win over Sydney Olympic at Belmore Oval last night.

See your ad here
The Jets unveiled their big three - Burns, Emile Heskey and Dutch defender Kew Jaliens - against the NSW Premier League outfit, and they didn't disappoint.

Burns put the Jets ahead after 13 minutes when he went on a mazy run inside the penalty area before lifting a shot from a tight angle into the roof of the net.

Heskey joined the on-loan striker on the scoresheet with a tap-in from a Scott Neville cross to put the Jets up 2-0 at half-time.

Jaliens produced an assured performance at the back before he, Burns and Heskey were put in cotton wool at half-time.

Substitute Michael Bridges completed the scoring seven minutes from full-time, slotting home a rebound from his own run and shot.

"It took us about 10 minutes to get into the game, but we dominated from that point," satisfied coach Gary van Egmond said.

"It is always nice when new players come in and make an impact.

"Nathan made a good run and slid as he lifted a shot. It was a nice goal.

"The second goal was good lead-up from Scott Neville overlapping down the right.

"Defensively, when they did threaten, we kept our shape well. Kew was composed at the back. His organisation and ability to get people in the right spot.

"Overall it was a good performance."

After trialling a 3-4-3 formation early in the pre-season, the Jets reverted to a more familiar 4-2-1-3 system.

Heskey made his first appearance of the pre-season at the point of the attack, with Adam Taggart (left) and Burns (right) running off him.

Jaliens partnered Connor Chapman in the heart of defence. Scott Neville and Sam Gallaway completed the back four.

Zenon Caravella and Ben Kantarovski teamed up in a defensive midfield pairing.

Captain Ruben Zadkovich played as a running No.10.

Burns arrived from Incheon United three weeks ago. An insurance issue forced him to sit out the 1-0 loss to Wellington Phoenix at Weston, but he made up for lost time with a sparkling display.

The fringe Socceroo could easily have scored a second and Zadkovich and Caravella also went close in the first half. Replacement James Virgili, who came on for Burns, caused havoc with his pace in the second half.

Van Egmond cleared the bench at the hour mark, with keeper Mark Birighitti the only starter remaining.

He introduced Michael Bridges, Andrew Hoole, Jacob Pepper, Mitch Oxborrow, Brandon Lundy and Reece Pappas.

"To be fair to the replacements, they did well, especially Virgili," the coach said.

The only negative was a broken nose to Josh Brillante, who clashed heads competing for a corner in the second half.

The match, which was brought forward a day, was the Jets' last trial against second-tier opposition.

See your ad here
"We had a very heavy training day on Monday and didn't expect to be playing tonight, but we ran the game out well," van Egmond said.

The Jets back up against Sydney FC in Wollongong on Saturday, meet Melbourne Victory behind closed doors in the Victorian capital next Wednesday then end their pre-season against premiers Central Coast in Tamworth on Sunday, September 29.

They kick off the season against Sydney FC at Allianz Stadium on October 11.

furns
14-09-2013, 08:13 PM
currently 1-0 Jets against SFC in Wollongong

furns
14-09-2013, 08:34 PM
Final score 1-0 Jets
Virgili in the 53rd minute.

Of course they will all say that its because ADP didnt play. Forgetting that we didnt play Burns either.

boz-monaut
14-09-2013, 08:50 PM
but seriously, ADP > Burns

pv4
14-09-2013, 09:05 PM
Virgili scoring in preseason v sydney

Where have I heard this before

militiamon
14-09-2013, 10:44 PM
:lol:

But srsly, this is his season, fxxx da haterz http://i.imgur.com/GXBwbxS.gif

BodyNovo
15-09-2013, 12:12 AM
:lol:

But srsly, this is his season, fxxx da haterz http://i.imgur.com/GXBwbxS.gif

local no nonsense lads :wub:

parksey
15-09-2013, 12:37 PM
Looks like the Sydney fans got a little voicetruss pre game

q-money
15-09-2013, 01:57 PM
what is the body count of this insanely dangerous event?

selassie
16-09-2013, 12:38 PM
observations

Jaliens – a bit slow but has excellent distribution heaps better than mitchell, we will be able to play out of the back more easily this year.
Virgilli – looking promising again
Hoole – sick player
Birraz – can safely say this bloke will be our no.1, his distribution is miles ahead of BK
Zenon – lazy bastard, maybe he doesn’t believe in putting in for a friendly
Gibbs - fat
Carle – farina seems to have him playing a much deeper role. picks to ball up from the central defenders to start the distribution which i am assuming is to allow ADP to play behind the strikers. what of emmo?
hacks – rubez, kanta and tiago went in for a few hacks even though this was supposed to be a pre-season friendly, good for the game

what is the body count of this insanely dangerous event?
the only causality of the night was superdylan’s last shred of self respect.

Jeterpool
16-09-2013, 12:52 PM
observations

Jaliens – a bit slow but has excellent distribution heaps better than mitchell, we will be able to play out of the back more easily this year.
Virgilli – looking promising again
Hoole – sick player
Birraz – can safely say this bloke will be our no.1, his distribution is miles ahead of BK
Zenon – lazy bastard, maybe he doesn’t believe in putting in for a friendly
Gibbs - fat
Carle – farina seems to have him playing a much deeper role. picks to ball up from the central defenders to start the distribution which i am assuming is to allow ADP to play behind the strikers. what of emmo?
hacks – rubez, kanta and tiago went in for a few hacks even though this was supposed to be a pre-season friendly, good for the game

Was Jaliens playing on the right and Chapman on the left?

pv4
16-09-2013, 01:09 PM
Is Jaliens noticeably small? I thought someone told me he was tiny for a centre back

Farina, or moreso Rado (them brains) has said that he wants Carle playing the "Paartalu role". This is what will undo Sydney, having a brilliant attacking player being your midfield defensive steel. May be good for distrubtion, but midfields will overrun them. Not sure what they'll do with Emo. They've said they don't want him playing wide mid anymore, so they're expecting him to play more central. When Rado took over Brisbane, Ange had them playing one holder. Rado's big move was to play two holders. So maybe he'll bring Emo in as a second central holder once they realise how badly Carle on his own is going.

Interesting about Caravella. I've always seen him as a workhorse. At GCU he basically did all of Culina's running for him. To hear he's playing lazy says he's not putting in or GvE is trying to hold him back. Or maybe with him & Rubez in the middle together, there's just too much running around mayhem happening.

Tiago :wub:

Did Brillante play?

Grimario
16-09-2013, 02:15 PM
Did Brillante play?

Brillantely from all reports.

:gent:

Jeterpool
16-09-2013, 02:19 PM
Brillantely from all reports.

:gent:

You're better than that

selassie
16-09-2013, 02:19 PM
First half line up
----------birraz
hoole-reagan-jaliens-pepper
-------kanta-oxborrow
----------zadkovich
chilli-bridges-goodwin

Second half line up after subs
----------bk
nev-reagan-chapman-pepper
-------zenon-oxborrow
----------gibbs
chilli-heskey-taggart

Interesting about Caravella. I've always seen him as a workhorse. At GCU he basically did all of Culina's running for him. To hear he's playing lazy says he's not putting in or GvE is trying to hold him back. Or maybe with him & Rubez in the middle together, there's just too much running around mayhem happening.
TBH i’ve never actually noticed his work rate to be poor during the season. it just seemed that during this game he walked around a lot and didn’t move into space much. i also have an agenda to get kanta back in the squad instead of caravella.

Grimario
16-09-2013, 02:35 PM
You're better than that

Far, far better... but it is only Monday.

Pico
16-09-2013, 04:32 PM
I thought Brillante had a broken nose?

joel31
16-09-2013, 05:30 PM
Is Jaliens noticeably small? I thought someone told me he was tiny for a centre back

He's 183cm according wiki. Short for a centre back but not abnormally

Grimario
16-09-2013, 05:42 PM
I thought Brillante had a broken nose?

Why let the truth get in the way of a bad joke?

Superdylan
17-09-2013, 02:42 AM

What you on about selassie didn't even see ya there.

Not a bad pre season game surprised by how active the cove were. Unfortunately our away bay was half full of del piero flogs and Sydney fc fans so a couple of us went over to the eastern hill in the second half to try and liven things up. The players came over to us at games end.

Fairly decent game, I still think we blew several chances though.

I hope we get a decent lot to the tamworth trial.

BodyNovo
18-09-2013, 04:26 PM
1-0 jets chilli scoring again pv4 :sup:

heskey taken off injured though.

sammydog
18-09-2013, 04:34 PM
Kevin Airs has posted pics of the tackle on twitter and also reported Heskey has said it's a knee injury and it will be getting scans tomorrow.

Blackmac79
18-09-2013, 04:39 PM
This is why you don't play other a-league team pre season.

****ing Melbourne did it on purpose.

boz-monaut
18-09-2013, 04:42 PM
https://twitter.com/KevinAirs442/status/380199578407940096/photo/1

photos here

Jeterpool
18-09-2013, 04:45 PM
Kevin Airs has posted pics of the tackle on twitter and also reported Heskey has said it's a knee injury and it will be getting scans tomorrow.

That pic doesn't look great if he can't be taken off under his own steam

heskey taken off injured though.

FFS - this is just what we need. Understand we have 3 or 4(?) weeks before the match but what would our back up plan be?

Taggart at the point, move Goodwin left wing and Sammy LB? Or Burns at the point and who in #10?

boz-monaut
18-09-2013, 04:48 PM
on the plus side, those bets we laid on us winning the spoon look like paying off

q-money
18-09-2013, 04:56 PM
there's the excuses sorted for the year then

q-money
18-09-2013, 05:10 PM
burns too :rof:

GazFish35
18-09-2013, 06:29 PM
Is he insured?

MFKS
19-09-2013, 03:05 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LXF_HH9QuWw#t=106

What a ****ing hack the bloke is who took out Heskey

Imyourhero
19-09-2013, 03:23 PM
**** if they were the highlights of the entire game thats terrible. We were almost 2 goals down from mistakes in our third within the first 2 clips!

leftrightout
19-09-2013, 03:27 PM
Chapmans on Nichols was worse!

Jeterpool
19-09-2013, 03:33 PM
Agree CHapman was worse but good to hear GvE giving it back to Ange. Swearing his head off!

BodyNovo
19-09-2013, 04:01 PM
why do we always seem to show all this mongrel in pre season (last year v wello) and than become cats in season

russjaybee
19-09-2013, 04:03 PM
Rofl bit of fire, loves it. Probably more than we'll see during the season proper.

Looks like we were pretty lucky to not cop a hiding tbh.

Jeterpool
19-09-2013, 04:16 PM
Middleby reporting on Fox Sports that Emile is out for the first 3 rounds. grade 2 Medial

Bon
19-09-2013, 04:18 PM
Middleby reporting on Fox Sports that Emile is out for the first 3 rounds. grade 2 Medial

Why isn't he on there reporting that GVE will be out for an infinite amount of rounds?

furns
19-09-2013, 04:25 PM
why do we always seem to show all this mongrel in pre season (last year v wello) and than become cats in seasonBecause we let Ljubo go and signed teenagers to replace him.

Thomas477
19-09-2013, 04:25 PM
GvE :lol:

q-money
19-09-2013, 04:29 PM
****ing hell what a terrible tackle

utter ****

slobsy
19-09-2013, 05:07 PM
"Aussie" Ken Jaliens

militiamon
19-09-2013, 08:05 PM
Hey, what about the ****ing tackle here he's gone in for the ****ing medial - first ****ing tackle. Are you stupid? Are you ****ing serious?

Love ya Gary :wub:

militiamon
19-09-2013, 09:03 PM
I remember reading a Sydney fan asking why Del Piero hadn't gotten more game-time this pre-season after our game against them.

This is why.

ForeverRed
19-09-2013, 09:45 PM
chapmans first touch and melbourne are on the attack, nothings changed

MFKS
19-09-2013, 09:50 PM
chapmans first touch and melbourne are on the attack, nothings changed

Think you are being a bit harsh on the bloke. Sure there are some errors in his game but he is only young still and they will iron out over time. What I do like about him is the tackle on Nichols. The bloke is a winner and won't take being walked over by the older blokes.

Remember watching him playing V Edgy for the Jets Yoof and Edgy were kicking the shit out of the kids and getting away with it. His teammates had no idea what to do and were lost. Chapo stood on some blokes Achilles in back play and was giving better than he got:wub:

seldom
19-09-2013, 09:55 PM
should go the headbutt with that forehead

pv4
20-09-2013, 07:41 AM
Hey, what about the ****ing tackle here he's gone in for the ****ing medial - first ****ing tackle. Are you stupid? Are you ****ing serious?

Love ya Gary :wub:

Think he said Emile.

But yeah, kutgw Dutchy :rof:

Jetmaster
20-09-2013, 08:57 AM
And brings out his infamous "dickhead" at the end.

:cool:

hawk
20-09-2013, 09:31 AM
Lucky we have good depth and can cover hesk

Jeterpool
20-09-2013, 09:35 AM
Think he said Emile.

But yeah, kutgw Dutchy :rof:

I heard medial. Either way he was straight on the front foot.

I'm just disappointed he didn't bring back the "crazy chicken eyes" on Ange. Maybe that's saved only for Perth.

http://cdn.fairfaxregional.com.au/silverstone-feed-data/4a95b461-424c-4f26-a35e-8e2668c4d71d.jpg

boz-monaut
20-09-2013, 09:36 AM
Lucky we have good depth and can cover hesk

http://i.imgur.com/gnXi2.gif

plague
20-09-2013, 12:05 PM
I'm just disappointed he didn't bring back the "crazy chicken eyes" on Ange.

http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/mick-tight-shir.gif

militiamon
20-09-2013, 12:19 PM
I heard medial. Either way he was straight on the front foot.

Ya, definitely medial based on syllables (and you can here a "the/da" before it).

Gvese clearly not pv4's first language.

slobsy
20-09-2013, 12:28 PM
it's still not clear who is emailing who, and who is getting the carbon copy, however.

they really need to sort this shit out otherwise smoeone is going to be left out of the loop.

Portillo
20-09-2013, 08:16 PM
I remember reading a Sydney fan asking why Del Piero hadn't gotten more game-time this pre-season after our game against them.

This is why.

Engelaar from Melbourne Heart aswell. First game and he's out for pretty much the whole season.

&1gest
25-09-2013, 09:27 AM
Sooooo!! who are we playing on Sunday in Tamworth?
The Mariners are into the final of the Menpora cup in Indonesia, which is played on Sunday.

http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2013/9/24/476***0/central-coast-mariners-3-persib-bandung-3

lquiquer
25-09-2013, 09:47 AM
The Mariners are into the final of the Menpora cup in Indonesia, which is played on Sunday.

http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2013/9/24/476***0/central-coast-mariners-3-persib-bandung-3

Stuey and few of his terrigal's mate

Jeterpool
25-09-2013, 09:47 AM

Quirindi? They made the grand final of the local comp a few weeks ago. The whole town got behind them with signs in shops etc I saw the other week when I drove through.

Premy
25-09-2013, 09:54 AM
Anyone watch the video in this link and see Pastfeild get chipped from 60yards

militiamon
25-09-2013, 10:22 AM
^ by a bloke name 'Messi' of all things :rof:

boz-monaut
25-09-2013, 10:27 AM
I can't belive that the Mariners went to Indonesia and didn't play against these guys

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semen_Padang_F.C.

Grimario
25-09-2013, 10:29 AM
Coasties will still put 10 past us with a third string side.

Local Rules
25-09-2013, 10:59 AM
It doesn't matter which side the Coast Scum send as we are playing A League opposition. Will probably be the youth squad for CCM. Can hear GVE after the game "We outplayed a quality side that will be one of the sides challenging for the title again this year. We gained a lot of confidence from this and the team you saw will be close to the team we go with for round 1." He will then make 27 changes and we will play like shit against the Smurfs

lquiquer
25-09-2013, 12:06 PM
Kwasnick is back.....

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1168343/Mariners-draw-with-Persib-Bandung

Arnold confirmed he will leave Indonesia on Wednesday accompanied by eight players to ensure the club completes two fixtures on Sunday 29 September – a friendly against Newcastle Jets in Tamworth, and the 2013 Menpora Cup Final.

“We’ve got a duty and an obligation to fulfil back at home against Newcastle on Sunday,” Arnold said.

“I’ll be flying home with eight players, Adam Kwasnik is back in Australia fit and ready to go, so there’s nine players, plus a couple of our youth team boys will make up the numbers. We’ve got an obligation to give Newcastle a tough game and we will.

“Phil Moss will do the Final on Sunday. They moved the date back from the 28th to the 29th which we weren’t so happy about but at the end of the day we are playing for USD$75,000 and there’s some good prize money available that everyone needs.”

joel31
25-09-2013, 03:17 PM
In an intra-squad friendly Red and Blue beat Black and White 3-0 with goals from Bridges, Taggart and Virgili
Red and blue: Birighitti, Neville, Chapman, Jaliens, Gallaway, Caravella, Oxborrow, Zadkovich, Brown, Taggart, Virgili
Black and white: Kennedy, Hoole, Regan, Mitchell, Cowburn, Kantarovski, Brillante, Bridges, Goodwin, Gibbs, Lundy
Virgili and Oxborrow swapped teams with Goodwin and Bridges at some point in the game

Jeterpool
25-09-2013, 04:05 PM
In an intra-squad friendly Red and Blue beat Black and White 3-0 with goals from Bridges, Taggart and Virgili
Red and blue: Birighitti, Neville, Chapman, Jaliens, Gallaway, Caravella, Oxborrow, Zadkovich, Brown, Taggart, Virgili
Black and white: Kennedy, Hoole, Regan, Mitchell, Cowburn, Kantarovski, Brillante, Bridges, Goodwin, Gibbs, Lundy
Virgili and Oxborrow swapped teams with Goodwin and Bridges at some point in the game

Thank goodness we changed from black and white to the emerald and cinnamon strip this season :gent:

hausmann
25-09-2013, 04:51 PM
Good to see the Jets beat someone by 3 goals.

q-money
25-09-2013, 04:51 PM
cant believe these idiots lost

Local Rules
25-09-2013, 05:02 PM

With the number of 3-0 wins the Jets have had are we sure they are not just getting forfeits from imaginary teams????

furns
29-09-2013, 04:00 PM
Apparently Jets are 2-0 up in Tamworth both goals to Goodwin and set up by Neville of all people

lquiquer
29-09-2013, 04:21 PM
2-1 now

lquiquer
29-09-2013, 04:49 PM
2-1 final score

GazFish35
29-09-2013, 04:55 PM
FT.

Wonder if we broke any of their legs?

Lucky there's no team low enough to break opposition players legs in pre-season.

q-money
29-09-2013, 05:02 PM
really good to get the three points today

MFKS
29-09-2013, 05:06 PM
So I take it we cam start calling ourselves the Champion Club of Australia now being that we beat the alleged winners of last years comp???

q-money
29-09-2013, 05:12 PM
i think we get two stars to put on our jersey because we scored two goals

MFKS
29-09-2013, 05:19 PM

What sort of try hard club worth their salt would put stars on shirts for useless shit like that??

GazFish35
29-09-2013, 05:19 PM
Tinned tuna again for the losers?

MFKS
29-09-2013, 05:24 PM
Tinned tuna again for the losers?

Apparently they stand to win some Prize Money of about 60k if they win that Mickey Mouse Tourny they are in tonight in some obscure Asian Country.

I am hoping they win just so they can stock their community kitchen with a years supply of Tuna

lquiquer
29-09-2013, 05:58 PM
So what's the go with scums this year, 2 small stars and a big star?
If they ever win the ACL they'll look like the milky way!!!

BodyNovo
30-09-2013, 09:25 AM
Ok so i made my way out yesterday to Tamworth to watch the jerks go round.

can "hamma confirm" both clubs will take nothing out of it bar 90 minutes of fitness.

jets lined up 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 however you consider it to be. brillante and zads holding, bridges in the hole & taagart on his own up front with goodwin & virgilli on the wings

first 22.5 minutes before the drinks break, jets basically dominated the contest. slow possesion build up that would lead to them 90% going down neville & virgilli's side where they would take advantage of the gypos left back who was f**king terrible. jets had about 3 clear cut chances and finally on the stroke of half time virgilli fed neville down the by line who put in a decent low cross which goodwin smashed in.

The second goal just after or before (don't remember) the break it was a carbon copy of the first goal except Neville put a bit more height on the ball and goodwin put a quality diving header in.

after that it was just complete boring football. jets were happy just to pass the ball round and the mariners were happy to let them do with little to no pressure.

GVE rang the changes after 60 minutes and only caravella made a change to the game, a bit more livelier than brillante was. James Brown I thought was terrible, just ran round hopelessly trying to look involved.

Gypos goal was just a scrappy corner that brent griffiths pounced on after poor marking from jets defence

So after 90 minutes I think i can safely predict bar injuries we will line up like this for round 1.

http://www.footballuser.com/formations/2013/09/841082_Newcastle_Jets.jpg

Jeterpool
30-09-2013, 09:29 AM
Thanks for the summary BodyNovo

Maito Mitch
30-09-2013, 09:57 AM
Another goal from a corner ffs

I hope virgili doesn't start... Much better coming off the bench imo

pv4
30-09-2013, 10:06 AM
Body can you give us an indepth description on how Jaliens is? Is he going to be an ok HAL centreback, or a world beater? What is his style (similar to any other CBs in the HAL?)? Is he the outright first choice CB for the Jerks, and will be all season?

How was Bridges?

Was Hoole anywhere to be seen?

I can see your formation happening but I can't see GVE benching Caravella tbh, will expect him to partner Zad

BodyNovo
30-09-2013, 10:19 AM
Body can you give us an indepth description on how Jaliens is? Is he going to be an ok HAL centreback, or a world beater? What is his style (similar to any other CBs in the HAL?)? Is he the outright first choice CB for the Jerks, and will be all season?

How was Bridges?

Was Hoole anywhere to be seen?

I can see your formation happening but I can't see GVE benching Caravella tbh, will expect him to partner Zad

Jaliens; good passer of the ball, was hardly tested it was basically duke & mcglinchy v the jets when it came to any attacking movements, did make one cracking tackle after losing the ball to duke in second half when they were 1 on 1 with each other. I wouldn't compare him with any other HAL defender until i see him v a fully tested a-league lineup tbh. I would consider him to be first choice yes.

Bridges; was actually very quiet tbh, did nothing outrageous on the ball but didn't give the ball away either, was subbed at HT, his role in the squad i think will be as a impact player/squad player. was basically standing in burns position for him.

Hoole; came on and just did his job, was played in an advanced position on the left (where goodwin was) i think his days in a defensive position are now probably over.

re caravella; while I would prefer him to be starting as well, i think gve will go with brillante, purely on his decision yesterday to start him as a trial for round 1, this one could change though.

russjaybee
30-09-2013, 11:32 AM
Thanks for making your way to the game and reporting back BodyNovo, much appreciated.

joel31
30-09-2013, 07:39 PM
James Brown I thought was terrible, just ran round hopelessly trying to look involved.
Some things don't change

MFKS
30-09-2013, 07:49 PM
Some things don't change

Why wouldn't they be??

How much Tuna could they have bought with the US$75k if they won that Mickey Mouse Tourny??

Their community kitchen would have been stocked for the next few years with it

If you were in their shoes you would be spewing too.

My2BobsWorth
01-10-2013, 04:55 PM
Why wouldn't they be??

How much Tuna could they have bought with the US$75k if they won that Mickey Mouse Tourny??

Their community kitchen would have been stocked for the next few years with it

If you were in their shoes you would be spewing too.

Are you off the pills again?

MFKS
02-10-2013, 05:37 PM
Are you off the pills again?

Nope I am actually looking forward to the season. Well at least Rd 5 rolling around anyway

If the rumoured starting of Bridges is true then the public who sympathise with him can see what an over rated has been he is and he will get his chance and have no one wanting him in the side ever again and add that in to our impending collection of defeats and the removal of the Egg and Deans and life looks ****ing good.

My2BobsWorth
03-10-2013, 10:08 AM
Your reply to joel31's post about James Brown contains tuna

Bon
03-10-2013, 10:16 AM

Where is the picture of Hutcho's caravan cupboard full of tuna?

MFKS
03-10-2013, 10:59 AM

James Brown ?? Tuna ???

What you on about it.??

Maybe you need some pills

militiamon
03-10-2013, 01:06 PM
0-0 in the intra-club trial game...

:rof:

Jeterpool
03-10-2013, 01:15 PM

Must have a good, balanced and deep squad.

MFKS
03-10-2013, 01:21 PM

What we couldn't beat those useless other ****s??

FMD

Local Rules
03-10-2013, 02:27 PM

This is their final hitout before the season starts so GVE wanted to ensure he had the high possession, fast paced game plan down pat. Didn't see the game but I reckon the back 5 of both sides probably had more touches then the midfields combined and at 0-0 Bridgey probably took it to the corner to save the embarrasment of defeat.

03-10-2013, 02:30 PM
^ Yes but both sides knocked it around the back third quite well so supercoach GvE wrapped in the way things went. Its his one and only KPI so all is good.

snake
03-10-2013, 04:17 PM
What we couldn't beat those useless other ****s??

FMD

leftrightout
03-10-2013, 04:23 PM
Not a great sign... final hit out before the season and we couldnt beat the one team everyone will be banking on beating!

plague
03-10-2013, 04:53 PM
This is their final hitout before the season starts so GVE wanted to ensure he had the high possession, fast paced game plan down pat. Didn't see the game but I reckon the back 5 of both sides probably had more touches then the midfields combined and at 0-0 Bridgey probably took it to the corner to save the embarrasment of defeat.

Just cut and paste this into each match day thread to save on typing etc etc.
Perfect analysis.

MFKS
04-10-2013, 04:29 PM
Not a great sign... final hit out before the season and we couldnt beat the one team everyone will be banking on beating!

Whats sad is that we couldn't even beat our own reserves ie the blokes deemed not good enough to play in our first team.

How shit must we be??? :deadhorse:

GazFish35
04-10-2013, 06:17 PM
You're a glass half empty kinda guy.

Others (GVE) might say it shows our squad has good depth and everyone s competing for spots.

Reggies always step up when playing the 1sts.

I'd be more worried if it 5:5 or if one team shipped goals.

joel31
04-10-2013, 09:48 PM
Well at least we don't do a Sunderland and lose to our reserve team. Which I recall we did last year