PDA

View Full Version : jets pre-season games

Pages : [1] 2

chocolate soldier
12-06-2013, 03:04 PM
http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/newcastlejets/news-display/Jets-lockin-preseason-matches/68845

surely the jets could have organised trials against clubs of higher standards than ZPL clubs.... congrats to these ZPL clubs for getting the chance to play against the jets, but for gods sake, it doesnt instill any confidence in this organisation that they elect for 2 teams with such a gap in playing levels and abilities. surely the option of getting as many NBN league clubs plus hopefully at least a couple of games against NBN select teams would be a better test considering that they are in a national league competition

pistolpete
12-06-2013, 03:22 PM
Same old jets

Blackmac79
12-06-2013, 05:42 PM
More Sydney games please.

Jetmaster
12-06-2013, 07:41 PM
I don't think the first two games are meant to be a "test"....they are only meant to get that well oiled machine kick started again after off season.

The results will mean nothing.

seldom
12-06-2013, 09:49 PM
http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/newcastlejets/news-display/Jets-lockin-preseason-matches/68845

surely the jets could have organised trials against clubs of higher standards than ZPL clubs.... congrats to these ZPL clubs for getting the chance to play against the jets, but for gods sake, it doesnt instill any confidence in this organisation that they elect for 2 teams with such a gap in playing levels and abilities. surely the option of getting as many NBN league clubs plus hopefully at least a couple of games against NBN select teams would be a better test considering that they are in a national league competition

Maybe put this new keeper we signed in goals for uni and BK for platts....get their preseason completed in 1 game.

MFKS
12-06-2013, 11:05 PM

Emerging Jets have been training at Plattsburg
Jets seniors train at Ray Watt Oval home of Uni

Ever consider that these games are just a token gesture of thankyou for the assistance the Jets receive from these clubs???

Even when the Jets do something positive and look after the local scene they get criticised:banghead:

militiamon
12-06-2013, 11:43 PM
Have to agree with the big MFKS-dawg here.

They're two token pre-season games played 4 months before the season kicks off. I don't see what the issue is.

q-money
12-06-2013, 11:50 PM
lets see what you say after they lose

militiamon
13-06-2013, 12:45 AM
:gent:

Jetmaster
13-06-2013, 07:53 AM
lets see what you say after they lose

GazFish35
13-06-2013, 08:17 AM
Emerging Jets have been training at Plattsburg
Jets seniors train at Ray Watt Oval home of Uni

Ever consider that these games are just a token gesture of thankyou for the assistance the Jets receive from these clubs???

Even when the Jets do something positive and look after the local scene they get criticised:banghead:

Ha! You're not the best person to comment on unwarranted criticism.

joel31
13-06-2013, 09:36 AM
More Sydney games please.
This

Jeterpool
18-06-2013, 06:56 PM
Anyone going tomorrow night?

hawk
18-06-2013, 07:40 PM

to jimoen?

sammydog
18-06-2013, 08:26 PM

Was intending to go, until I realised I had prior commitments with the NPWS.

Definitely at the next one.

furns
19-06-2013, 12:12 AM
no cevapi = no preseason

MFKS
19-06-2013, 12:33 PM
ATTENTION NEWCASTLE JETS MEMBERS AND SUPPORTERS: Tonight's trial match against Newcastle University FC has unfortunately had to be cancelled because of the inclement weather.

The Jets' next trial match is scheduled to take place against Plattsburg-Maryland FC at Ulinga Oval next Wednesday, June 26:

Another NBN ground that can't cope with light rain

ForeverRed
19-06-2013, 03:34 PM
Another NBN ground that can't cope with light rain
Or a nothing game, best wet weather ground in the comp, why let overated players wreck the ground for a complete waste of time game, besides, who wants to go out in this weather

GazFish35
19-06-2013, 04:18 PM
Why not play it at uni?

late_to_the_game
19-06-2013, 05:26 PM
Good question, why at Southy in the first place? They got to keep the canteen takings?

ForeverRed
19-06-2013, 06:35 PM
Good question, why at Southy in the first place? They got to keep the canteen takings?
I'm not sure myself, our juniors organised it all

uni_fc
20-06-2013, 02:18 PM
I'm not sure myself, our juniors organised it all

We wanted to play at Uni, but Ray Watt doesnt have lights and the Jets didnt think the playing surfaces on the other fields were good enough. We were a bit surprised because they are happy to train on these very same fields. Obviously everyone at our club is extremely disappointed that the game didnt go ahead, but there isnt anything we can do about the weather.

Local Rules
20-06-2013, 02:27 PM
We wanted to play at Uni, but Ray Watt doesnt have lights and the Jets didnt think the playing surfaces on the other fields were good enough. We were a bit surprised because they are happy to train on these very same fields. Obviously everyone at our club is extremely disappointed that the game didnt go ahead, but there isnt anything we can do about the weather.

Unless it has changed a lot the oval near the Forum was one of the best fields around. Remember playing catch up games there and only thing was cricket pitch but it usually was well grassed. Perhaps Jets frightened to take on the might of Uni on their home ground. Always said Jets never travelled well.

Grimario
26-06-2013, 10:18 AM
Canned tonight due to inclement weather.

snake
26-06-2013, 10:24 AM
:rof:

coastiehater
26-06-2013, 11:37 AM
god dammit that was my escape from rugby league for the night.

Local Rules
26-06-2013, 01:14 PM
Canned tonight due to inclement weather.

So the "community games" have not gone ahead and will not be rescheduled going on past experience. What else are the Jets going to do to engage with these community clubs? Preseason is looking good so far.

No trials
No signings
No news

q-money
26-06-2013, 01:25 PM
sand dunes
tyres
running

De-Champ
26-06-2013, 04:59 PM
Sausage sizzle

pv4
01-07-2013, 12:37 PM
Sun 29 Sep @ Tamworth vs CCM

Last game before season starts

MFKS
01-07-2013, 03:19 PM
Sun 29 Sep @ Tamworth vs CCM

Last game before season starts

Why we wasting time playing Coastie scum??:banghead:

Blackmac79
01-07-2013, 05:50 PM
I hate playing the coast in the pre-season.

ForeverRed
01-07-2013, 07:23 PM
Why we wasting time playing Coastie scum??:banghead:

So can van Egmond can realise it really is going to be a long year

militiamon
01-07-2013, 10:06 PM
1 game pre-season :cool:

belchardo
02-07-2013, 08:21 AM
1 game pre-season :cool:

easier to ensure you can go into the season saying "we've had a strong pre-season and are undefeated coming into the season"

Local Rules
02-07-2013, 09:44 AM
Jets v Lake Macquarie tomorrow night. 7pm kickoff at Macquarie Field, Speers Point.

Want to hope we get a couple of days sunshine or this will be another washout. Great preseason so far. Maybe if the Jets played NSWPL teams they might be able to use their synthetic grounds.

Anyone from Lakes know how the ground is looking for this??

militiamon
02-07-2013, 04:35 PM
I'm in.

hamsik? MFKS? LaMeSUS?

MFKS
03-07-2013, 10:18 AM
I'm in.

hamsik? MFKS? LaMeSUS?

Off to work tonight:angry:

pv4
03-07-2013, 10:20 AM
LaMeSUS?

Unsure yet. Will leave it till last minute decision. Have been keen to check out Lakes this year so would be a good chance to do so.

BodyNovo
03-07-2013, 10:49 AM
will be there

LaMeSus

pistolpete
03-07-2013, 02:41 PM
LaMeSUS represent

militiamon
03-07-2013, 06:15 PM
Wearing Wildcats 2013 Official Supporter Jacket.

Represent :yap:

GazFish35
03-07-2013, 06:38 PM
Anyone updating the @newyboys twitter for tonight?

ToddG NBUnited
03-07-2013, 07:13 PM
James Keatings (born 20 January 1992) is a Scottish footballer currently playing as a forward and is a free agent. from wiki

ToddG NBUnited
03-07-2013, 07:14 PM
Jets starting XI: Neville, Regan, Gallaway, Pepper, Kantarovski, Caravella, Oxborrow, Virgili, Bridges and James Keatings (trialist)

ToddG NBUnited
03-07-2013, 07:14 PM
Jets playing with a back three, Pepper at right wing-back and Oxborrow at left wing-back

Thomas477
03-07-2013, 07:52 PM
Just what we need, another 20yo attacker. FFS.

true waterboy
03-07-2013, 08:01 PM
How's the game going ?

ToddG NBUnited
03-07-2013, 08:06 PM
From Jets Twitter

Bridges and Virgili with shots at goal in quick succession, both off target

The trialist Keatings tests the Lake Macquarie GK from a free-kick, but it is comfortably saved

Keatings tries his luck from outside the area but the Lake Macquarie GK has it covered

Virgili tries a shot from 25m which the keeper fumbles, but regathers

John Solari comes off his line quickly to smother a chance for Lake Macquarie on the counter attack

Bridges forces a turnover and dribbles into scoring position, but he miscues his shot and Lake Macquarie escape

Bridges works his way into the box, but hits his shot straight at the keeper

Caravella's left-footed shot from the edge of the area is wide of the mark

At the end of the first 30-minute period, the score remains 0-0 between the Jets and Lake Macquarie FC

Second third is underway

Joey Gibbs has come on for Bridges at the break

Oxborrow works his way into the box following a lay-off from Keatings but can't keep his shot down

Keatings hits the side-netting from a tight angle

Youth team player Brandon Lundy has come on to replace Keatings

Lundy shoots across the face of goal

The Jets haven taken a 1-0 lead after Gallaway worked his way into the box and fired it past the keeper

ToddG NBUnited
03-07-2013, 08:07 PM
The Jets have taken a 2-0 lead with a powerful right-footed shot from Kantarovski rocketing into the back of the net

ToddG NBUnited
03-07-2013, 08:19 PM
Gibbs rises up well to meet Kantarovski's cross with a header, but keeper makes a good low save

The second 30-minute period has ended. One more to go

The final 30-minute period has begun. The Jets have made a number of changes

ToddG NBUnited
03-07-2013, 08:21 PM
Youth team player Bobby Russell puts the Jets 3-0 up after his shot takes a big deflection and wrong-foots the keeper

ToddG NBUnited
03-07-2013, 08:22 PM
The Jets' current XI are all youth team players with the exception of Joey Gibbs

Stu Musialik is playing in the centre of midfield for the Jets

ToddG NBUnited
03-07-2013, 08:35 PM
Jets keeping plenty of possession but haven't been able to add to their tally yet. Score remains 3-0

about 10-15 mins to go by my timings from twitter.

ToddG NBUnited
03-07-2013, 08:53 PM
Gibbs has a chance after the Jets force a mistake, but his shot is blocked

Full-time at Macquarie Field. The Jets have defeated Lake Macquarie City FC 3-0

will be interesting to hear from someone who was actually at the game, LaMeSUS looking to you boys :gent: .... from the twitter feed, i can't imagine it was overly convincing.

militiamon
03-07-2013, 09:28 PM
First 30 mins, 'full-strength' line-up from both sides, 0-0 the result. Score at this point tells you everything you need to know. Jets obviously dominated, but there were very, very few chances being created ultimately. Newyrover might want to comment more on this, but as he said, the movement on and off the ball was just too slow.

Second 30 mins was a bit better, I think most of the teams stayed the same but there were a few changes by the end of it. Problems from the first half were still present, but somehow we managed to make a couple more chances. Kanta's goal was a real cracker, outside the 18, turn and curling shot into the far-side of the netting. Finished 2-0.

Last 30 mins was basically Jets Youth vs Lakes U23s, I regret sticking around for that. Finished 1-0 (3-0 aggregate).

Comments on random individual performances:
Keatings - looked sharp at this level, maybe the sharpest attacker tonight, but he isn't outstanding enough to be signed on a visa spot. This is the guy who has been trialling with Brisbane Roar as well. As Newyrover said, if he was Australian you'd sign him, as a foreigner no.
Gibbs - looks a bit like q-man :rof: Same haircut and all. Did nothing to impress me though, he fxxked up each of his chances to prove himself, and he is definitely on his way to being yet another Payne, Naidovski, Jesic etc. Still wondering why we signed him.
Musialik - only played in the last 30 mins with the Youth Team, this accurately reflects his current position in the team. I can't see him being signed for this season, he still looks quite underdone, he was walking it after 20. Showed he could still pull off a decent switch or two though.
Bobby Russell - youth team player but da boize wouldn't stop going on about him in the warm-up, I can see why now. Looked like an extremely tidy player, small but very quick, looks like he can play in tight spaces with the ball at his feet very well. Still get a bit of a chuckle about the name though.
Bridges - only for pv4. He received the ball in a bit of space up front, ran it towards goal, took the shot, but it was a good 10m wide and 20m high :oops:

militiamon
03-07-2013, 09:32 PM
Also hamma's peacoat :yap:

Brilliant.

BodyNovo
03-07-2013, 09:40 PM
ok just got back from the game. won't give a full assessment of every player, but just point out main points

- the jets have not changed, played high possession with no penetration. first 2 minutes of the game the whole back three has touched the ball 80% of time and the keeper had touched the ball within 30 seconds (top stuff neville), they played in the first 60 minutes (before the youth team + gibbs) knowing they would have the ball and were almost running a drill of playing it around than switching it to a winger or playing it back to the keeper

- the idea of a flat 4 midfield with 4 central midfielders is a no go for me. pepper & oxborrow (the two who were apparently playing left & right midfield basically played tight in with caravella and kantarovski and in turn offered no space for both of them to move. while i assume this was due to players missing for representative and other reasons it did not work it shouldn't be reconsidered

- joey gibbs; was terrible tonight, didn't start, and when he came on offered little, marko jesic would have been more clinical in front of goal tonight (wooah big statement) militia made the point the fact they held onto to haliti and let gibbs go is a true sign of where this bloke ranks. hope he proves me wrong

- the trialist; not knowing who he was (did not check twitter pre game) was very impressive, good first touch did not stop moving, went looking for the ball and worked well with bridges up front. when he came off and warmed down in front of us i took the time to congratulate him and when i heard his accent, i asked where he was from and he told me was from glasgow celtic i immediately felt sorry for the bloke as if he was australian i reckon he would be picked up. also had just previously had a trial with brisbane and said there players were a lot more intelligent on the ball than ours :blush:

the game was played for what it was basically; first pre season hit out.

also great jacket militia.

BodyNovo
03-07-2013, 09:43 PM
Also hamma's peacoat :yap:

Brilliant.

:blush:

seldom
03-07-2013, 09:48 PM
Enjoyed watchin Caravella for 30 and that was it...should of left when he came off tbh.If I wanted to watch jets yoof v lakes I'd go to an nbn game. Fvckn disc race !

backstick
03-07-2013, 09:51 PM
Enjoyed watchin Caravella for 30 and that was it...should of left when he came off tbh.If I wanted to watch jets yoof v lakes I'd go to an nbn game. Fvckn disc race !

Was first teams of both clubs (except Bridges and Caravella) for first 60 odd minutes. Both teams took players off at this time.

militiamon
03-07-2013, 11:44 PM
I forgot about the dick move pulled by Lakes in charging $5 entry per person. If I had known that beforehand I probably wouldn't have bothered. What happened to the gold coin donations to charities a couple of seasons back? For the standard of the game and the number of people who showed up it was a shit thing to do.

seldom
04-07-2013, 12:44 AM
I forgot about the dick move pulled by Lakes in charging $5 entry per person. If I had known that beforehand I probably wouldn't have bothered. What happened to the gold coin donations to charities a couple of seasons back? For the standard of the game and the number of people who showed up it was a shit thing to do.

+1

Blackmac79
04-07-2013, 06:48 AM
I'm throwing in the towel. Have a good season.

Zico
04-07-2013, 08:07 AM
I think it's a NNSWF directive to charge $5 per head and they say it goes towards the coach education. Lakes don't get the gate.

pv4
04-07-2013, 09:01 AM
Who was our keeper? Solari the whole game? Was Biraz/BK there?

Apart from last seasons preseason trials, where I thought we were unusually exceptional, we always start really slow against the Newcastle state league teams. I wouldn't worry THAT much yet. We still have Heskey, Rubez, Goodwin, Brillante, Chapman, Taggz, and probably a few more I've forgotten from our first XI to come back in (realistically only Caravella, maybe Neville, maybe Kanta and maybe Gallaway can be considered serious prospects to start in our full strength team from that starting XI last night). Plus we've got the possiblity of Nathan Burns, the attacking mid we're "in advanced talks with", and the senior centre back we've been promised. So don't consider the season doom and gloom just yet, Blackmac & anyone else. I've witnessed Branko's preseason matches with a full side worse than what was reported from last night.

Bridges :oops: pretty sure I could rant about the bloke for hours.

I still think one or both of Kanta or Peppz needs to be converted to a right back. I've been saying it for ages. I just don't see midfield working out for either of them at this, or the next level, as a definite starter.

And I have one question. It's particularly aimed at the people out there that genuinely believe that Heskey was forced upon GvE, that GvE wasn't asking for a target man for nearly a whole year, and that GvE's system is completely ruined by Heskey being in it - off the top of my head the user joel31 is one of these believers, but there are more I've seen pop up here & there. My question is - we don't have Heskey in our lineup (and haven't all perseason), yet reports say that it's "same old Jerks, same old system, etc etc" - can you please give us your thoughts on this?

Wilso8948
04-07-2013, 09:05 AM
Play Rubz at RB. Simples

pv4
04-07-2013, 09:10 AM
Play Rubz at RB. Simples

It's simples if you have the right people for the midfield. Our midfield last season, and as it stands now, has no creativity. So we have Caravella and Rubez in there as pure engines. If you take out half of the engine, you're left with an uncreative midfield and no one running. In saying that though, Brillante was freaking amazing at busting his gut in the U20 WC - maybe he's a right fit

BodyNovo
04-07-2013, 09:21 AM
pv4 re goalkeeper;

solari played the first 60 minutes, his distribution was pretty solid, and made 1 clinical decision to come out for the ball when a lakes player was through. his talk though was minimum/non existent though. I know he is young but birraz was young as well and from pre season games last year you could here him talking at all times. something he needs to work on.

on the rb is issue' brillante is the man for RB imo.

rubez to me is basically mark milligan for Australia, he is reliable, works his ass off, no technical excellence, you know what you are going to get. playing him at right back basically takes away all his good capabilities, he also isn't a very good crosser of the ball as well which is something the modern rb has to be able to do in these times.

ForeverRed
04-07-2013, 09:38 AM
I think it's a NNSWF directive to charge $5 per head and they say it goes towards the coach education. Lakes don't get the gate.
But it's ok to up prices on grand final day, can't have your cake and eat it too

Zico
04-07-2013, 11:25 AM
But it's ok to up prices on grand final day, can't have your cake and eat it too
?????

plague
04-07-2013, 11:29 AM
I'm throwing in the towel. Have a good season.

PV4, Grimario, can you blokes make some room, we've another one jumping on board.
Welcome Blackmac.

militiamon
04-07-2013, 02:07 PM

My bad, apologies to Lakes then. I still think it's a stupid thing to do given that it was nothing like a serious match, and the conditions hardly made it worthwhile to attend.

rubez to me is basically mark milligan for Australia, he is reliable, works his ass off, no technical excellence, you know what you are going to get. playing him at right back basically takes away all his good capabilities, he also isn't a very good crosser of the ball as well which is something the modern rb has to be able to do in these times.

I always used to hate Rubez as a player when he was at RB. It forces him into too many one-on-one situations, and as BN points out, his crossing is rubbish. 10x more effective in the centre of midfield where he can run rings around the opposition and link-up with other players a lot more.

It is shaping up to be a very interesting decision for GVE in the midfield. He now has Rubez, Caravella, Brillante (who was superb for the U20 team), and Kanta, all vying for maybe 2 positions in midfield. Throw Pepper and Oxborrow into the mix and things are very tight. You can probably understand how difficult it will be for Musialik to make his comeback, and also why some of these players are learning new positions (I think Pepper was playing as a right-mid last night).

Also one for the Reegz lovers out there, great to see him in the centre of defence last night barking out orders to the rest of the team. His leadership from the back is immense and cannot be underrated.

The Dunster
04-07-2013, 02:17 PM
Musialik will be GVE's first choice in midfield.
Regz to spend most of the season either on bench or in GVE imposed exile.

None of which should worry any of us, as we are building for the future :gent:

BodyNovo
04-07-2013, 02:18 PM
I don't think gve is even concerned about musialik anymore.

the final third of the match. gve was with the senior players warming them down and signing autographs.

credit to stu though, was the only bloke in black boots and only one with the shirt tucked in with the harry high pants look.

Heskey
04-07-2013, 02:33 PM
Can confirm that Burns will not join the jest. Sources have told me.

q-money
04-07-2013, 02:34 PM
has hamma confirmed these sauces?

Jeterpool
04-07-2013, 02:38 PM

So has the 3 year chase finished or will there be a V.4.

BodyNovo
04-07-2013, 02:48 PM

good work hesk

EH9
04-07-2013, 04:55 PM

Correct, also heard that NNSW expect the club to staff the gate and collect the money for them!

Zico
04-07-2013, 05:04 PM
Thats poor from NNSW if they can't man the gate.

plague
04-07-2013, 05:09 PM
Thats poor from NNSW if they can't man the gate.

That's all well and good Zico but what have you done with that cake?

Zico
05-07-2013, 09:33 AM
That's all well and good Zico but what have you done with that cake?
Ate it.

hawk
21-07-2013, 01:30 PM
cara!

JCBT
22-07-2013, 10:33 AM
I just read on Twitter that the trial on Thursday night at Weston is now only a gold coin donation for admission. Funds are to go to the NNSWF coaching fund.

seldom
22-07-2013, 12:45 PM
I just read on Twitter that the trial on Thursday night at Weston is now only a gold coin donation for admission. Funds are to go to the NNSWF coaching fund.

Watched weston on the weekend and they looked tired after the midweek catchup and were missing a few through injury.Last thing they need this week is a thurs night game v jets.Southy have got em on the weekend,pretty sure they wont mind

backstick
22-07-2013, 01:23 PM
Heard at the game on Saturday that Weston will be missing a ew on Thursday due to a music festival in Byron bay

militiamon
24-07-2013, 02:55 PM
So is anyone actually going to this Weston trial game? Given that:

1. It's at Weston
2. It will be cold
3. We'll only have a couple of players in the first team available
4. Our Youth Team will be unavailable
5. Weston will be playing an understrength team as well
6. It's only a 60 minute game
7. Middleby

it's an easy decision for me.

24-07-2013, 03:13 PM
^ You forgot

8. GVE is a halfwit, and in the words of the muppet himself " obviously ".

Superdylan
24-07-2013, 03:24 PM
If were allowed to have a campfire there I might be keen. Going to very cold :)

Dumb scheduling having the youth game on at the same time aswell.

Any chance of driving your car into that ground?

Imyourhero
24-07-2013, 03:31 PM
If were allowed to have a campfire there I might be keen. Going to very cold :)

Dumb scheduling having the youth game on at the same time aswell.

Any chance of driving your car into that ground?

Should be able to drive your car in. Pretty good views from car.

hawk
24-07-2013, 10:36 PM
So is anyone actually going to this Weston trial game? Given that:

1. It's at Weston
2. It will be cold
3. We'll only have a couple of players in the first team available
4. Our Youth Team will be unavailable
5. Weston will be playing an understrength team as well
6. It's only a 60 minute game
7. Middleby

it's an easy decision for me.

see ya there

MFKS
24-07-2013, 11:33 PM
I was going until I found out it was a 60 minute game. Why waste the peto driving to the shit hole that is Kurri to freeze my nuts off watching GVE's shit.

Much easier to leave the Kotara Sth abode and duck over the hill go to the Chicken Coop tomorrow night and watch the great man Kale in action and see a ****ING 90 MINUTE GAME not a ****ING FARCE

Seriously who comes up with this shit??:banghead: 60 minute game??:deadhorse: FFS

JCBT
24-07-2013, 11:57 PM
I was going until I found out it was a 60 minute game. Why waste the peto driving to the shit hole that is Kurri to freeze my nuts off watching GVE's shit.

Much easier to leave the Kotara Sth abode and duck over the hill go to the Chicken Coop tomorrow night and watch the great man Kale in action and see a ****ING 90 MINUTE GAME not a ****ING FARCE

Seriously who comes up with this shit??:banghead: 60 minute game??:deadhorse: FFS
You really are a ****wit aren't you :sparring:

pv4
25-07-2013, 06:37 AM
What I'd like to know if why it's a 60minute game. Even if it's a "skeleton crew", the team we'd be putting together would be something like: Regan, BK, Neville, Gallaway, Kanta, Pepper, Ox, Virgili, Gibbs, Bridges (if he's not commentating on shit back heels in Melbourne still). They're all at the very least proven, if not higher proven, at state league level - they shouldn't have any troubles at all. Why would cutting each half by 15mins be beneficial? Is there someone in the Jets camp who is legit "scientifically" calculating where their preseason fitness levels are, and telling them they're not ready for a full game? Are they only training 60minutes long currently, and aren't yet ready for 90minutes training?

Cutting the game to 60minutes long makes the game seem pointless, and makes us seem soft. What happened to the gritty, tyre-roping sand dunes days? And what's the bet that GvE won't get them to run hell-for-leather for said 60minutes, and it'll be a slow-paced play-at-the-back game?

The only way I see this 60minutes thing being a good idea is if Karl thought it up - then I consider it a masterstroke.

backstick
25-07-2013, 07:00 AM
What I'd like to know if why it's a 60minute game. Even if it's a "skeleton crew", the team we'd be putting together would be something like: Regan, BK, Neville, Gallaway, Kanta, Pepper, Ox, Virgili, Gibbs, Bridges (if he's not commentating on shit back heels in Melbourne still). They're all at the very least proven, if not higher proven, at state league level - they shouldn't have any troubles at all. Why would cutting each half by 15mins be beneficial? Is there someone in the Jets camp who is legit "scientifically" calculating where their preseason fitness levels are, and telling them they're not ready for a full game? Are they only training 60minutes long currently, and aren't yet ready for 90minutes training?

Cutting the game to 60minutes long makes the game seem pointless, and makes us seem soft. What happened to the gritty, tyre-roping sand dunes days? And what's the bet that GvE won't get them to run hell-for-leather for said 60minutes, and it'll be a slow-paced play-at-the-back game?

The only way I see this 60minutes thing being a good idea is if Karl thought it up - then I consider it a masterstroke.

My bet is because Weston will be pretty understrength (due to music festival in Byron) it would be pointless playing the full game as the score may blow out.

plague
25-07-2013, 08:45 AM

Brilliant.

Grimario
25-07-2013, 09:14 AM
My bet is because Weston will be pretty understrength (due to music festival in Byron) it would be pointless playing the full game as the score may blow out.

How much would they beat us by if it was a full 90?

militiamon
25-07-2013, 11:17 AM

Agreed.

tbh, the best option would have been to cancel, but after what's transpired so far this pre-season I can see why they wouldn't want to do that.

Grimario
25-07-2013, 06:17 PM
We are playing with...

Solari, Pepper, Chapman, Regan, Gallaway, Kanta, Oxborrow, Virgili, Russell, Gibbs, Lundy

Thomas477
25-07-2013, 07:14 PM
Glad I didn't bother wasting my time to go and watch the game.

Tommyjet
25-07-2013, 07:38 PM
Haven't made it to a youth game this season so can anyone tell me what they think about Lundy and Russell? Good prospects?

militiamon
25-07-2013, 07:53 PM
I was actually very impressed with that Bobby Russell kid against Lakes. Will never forget MFKS' first description of him in his youth league reports, but he can defs play. For those who haven't seen him, he's small, but has very quick feet and looks very comfortable at both passing and dribbling.

Good call from Newyrover on him.

belchardo
25-07-2013, 10:07 PM
anybody got a score/review of the game tonight?

Grimario
25-07-2013, 11:02 PM
anybody got a score/review of the game tonight?

The Hunter Ports Newcastle Jets defeated Weston Bears FC 3-0 in a pre-season trial match at Rockwell Automation Park on Thursday night.

Playing a 3-4-3 formation, the Jets began the match in a positive fashion, controlling possession and repeatedly threatening down the right flank through the enterprising play of James Virgili.

It came as no surprise when the 21-year-old winger opened the scoring midway through the first half with a powerful low strike across the Weston goalkeeper and into the bottom corner of the goal.

Mitch Oxborrow went close to doubling the Jets’ advantage a short time later, but his long range effort was spectacularly saved.

Bobby Russell went even close to adding to the Jets’ lead with his curling effort from 25 metres out hitting the crossbar.

However, the Jets didn’t have to wait too long to go 2-0 up, with Virgili scoring his second of the match after cutting in from the right flank and firing a left-footed shot past the Weston goalkeeper.

Joey Gibbs sealed the victory for the Jets early in the second half when he connected with Brandon Lundy’s cross into the six-yard box and finished in clinical fashion to make it 3-0.

Jets head coach Gary van Egmond said he was pleased with elements of his side’s play throughout the contest.

“It was a good performance from the perspective of getting game time and trying to work on combinations and rotations,” van Egmond said.

“There’s still plenty of work to do, but there were some promising signs tonight.”

Grimario
25-07-2013, 11:03 PM
Love the GVE buzzwords in that. Love it.

MFKS
25-07-2013, 11:52 PM
I was actually very impressed with that Bobby Russell kid against Lakes. Will never forget MFKS' first description of him in his youth league reports, but he can defs play. For those who haven't seen him, he's small, but has very quick feet and looks very comfortable at both passing and dribbling.

Good call from Newyrover on him.

Mr and Mrs Russells son.

I don't think he will cut it long term. Looks neat and tidy but just doesn't quite have that bit of specialness about him.

Being a small fellow too he doesn't have the mongrel factor a Jacob Burns Kevin Muscat brings to the equation. Doesn't even have the Zadko headless chicken thing going either.

militiamon
26-07-2013, 12:03 AM
Granted, I watched him play for like 30 mins against the Lakes U23s team. I ultimately trust The Member's esteemed opinion on such matters.

Comical name all the same.

BodyNovo
26-07-2013, 08:20 AM
I'm going to go out against the members words here and say there could be a future for young Russell (and yes i think their is a future for kale as well) I think where he needs work is definitely in gaining some upper body strength but besides that he has got a lot going for him including;

- plays with 2 feet
- low to the ground
- plays both sides of the field;
- and he has got a pretty mean shot on him.

Aside from all this. was Musalik present last night? I watched 45 mins of the game at Southy and he wasn't present there (unless he was hidden on the bench)

MFKS
26-07-2013, 10:06 AM
I'm going to go out against the members words here and say there could be a future for young Russell (and yes i think their is a future for kale as well) I think where he needs work is definitely in gaining some upper body strength but besides that he has got a lot going for him including;

- plays with 2 feet
- low to the ground
- plays both sides of the field;
- and he has got a pretty mean shot on him.

Aside from all this. was Musalik present last night? I watched 45 mins of the game at Southy and he wasn't present there (unless he was hidden on the bench)

Gypo Stu has been missing for the Jets Yoof since they got rolled by Jaffas about 4-5 weeks ago.

Grimario
26-07-2013, 10:26 AM

Unless he has trimmed down a bucketload from last I saw of him, I find it hard to imagine him hiding anywhere, really.

GazFish35
26-07-2013, 12:41 PM
Jets v The original Sydney

In Wollongong.

Sauce: Twitter.

@mercury_sports: A-League club @SydneyFC confirm pre-season friendly against Newcastle at Wollongong's WIN Stadium on Saturday 14 September. Kick-off 5.30pm.

Unless the toon are coming!

MFKS
31-07-2013, 09:01 PM
3-0 tonight V the NSW Select team

Virgili with the first one.
Didn't see the second as I was tooo busy watching Kale warm up
3rd was a penalty. Won and converted by some bloke named Kale

**** we are Aids though. The amount of mediocre shitty players we have in the squad is ****ing phenomenal
Chilli Joey Gibbs Pepper Neville Kanta Galloway all played tonight and were arse. Add to these blokes of the calibre of Bridges Josh Mitchell BK and ****ing James Brown and serious questions have to be asked about our management

Only blokes I thought that played well were Chapo who will be off to Rio for the WC later this year. Taylor Regan played the second half with the Yoof as the first team got subbed off at HT.

****sticks if I want to sit around in the cold and watch the Yoof team I will go watch them on the ****ing weekend. Play the ****ing HAL players you useless ****s

Deans Out
Middleby Out
GVE Out

Gonna be a long season unless we see some ****ing sackings

q-money
31-07-2013, 09:13 PM

31-07-2013, 09:30 PM
Shooting was disgraceful from the Jets . Think Edgy decided to have one of there ballboys/girls permanently stationed in the Coles carpark for the first half.

seldom
31-07-2013, 09:38 PM

**** we are Aids though. The amount of mediocre shitty players we have in the squad is ****ing phenomenal
Chilli Joey Gibbs Pepper Neville Kanta Galloway all played tonight and were arse. Add to these blokes of the calibre of Bridges Josh Mitchell BK and ****ing James Brown and serious questions have to be asked about our management

Only blokes I thought that played well were Chapo who will be off to Rio for the WC later this year. Taylor Regan played the second half with the Yoof as the first team got subbed off at HT.

****sticks if I want to sit around in the cold and watch the Yoof team I will go watch them on the ****ing weekend. Play the ****ing HAL players you useless ****s

Deans Out
Middleby Out
GVE Out

young chill got the 2nd as well...agree about watching fvckin jets yoof in these fixtures...disc race. Also agree re Chapman,the guy is a quality defender so won't be long till he fvcks off. Time for me to have another drink when I start agreeing with the member FFS

31-07-2013, 09:44 PM
Yep yoof team really needed another hitout and more intensity during there current pre season.

Christ its painful being a Jerks supporter at times.

GVE and Middleby can get the f&*k out and stop taking the piss out of us.

MFKS
31-07-2013, 09:46 PM
Yep yoof team really needed another hitout and more intensity during there current pre season.

Christ its painful being a Jerks supporter all the times.

GVE and Middleby can get the f&*k out and stop taking the piss out of us.

Fixed for accuracy

Jetmaster
01-08-2013, 09:23 AM
Burns, Heskey, Bridges, Taggart, Rubes, Birighitti, Kennedy, Carvella, Brillante, Goodwin, Hoole, Brown, Mitchell all unavailable.

What do expect for "trial" games two months away from the season ??

At least I had the sense to remain on my lounge for the evening - I'll start going when these guys are back on deck.

plague
01-08-2013, 09:53 AM
Holger Osiek is doing more for our pre-season prep than our own ****ing coach is.

Yeah, lucky we've got Brown, Bridges and Mitchell to bolster our squad.

militiamon
01-08-2013, 06:59 PM

Deans Out
Middleby Out
GVE Out

I was hoping The Member attended this one and would give a match report. Personally I couldn't be fxxxed (rip scozz).

Agree completely, these matches have less relevance than Robbie Middleby in a management role due to the fact that over half of the first team haven't even started pre-season.

Tommyjet
01-08-2013, 07:09 PM
Who started in the 'back 3'?

the_butcher
02-08-2013, 12:46 AM
Agree with MFKS. We were terrible.

My questions is, why does GVE play blokes in these trials who he already knows isn't going to play in the first team this season? Surely it would be more beneficial to have as many of the regular 11 starting & playing a full 90mins together.

pv4
02-08-2013, 06:21 AM
Judging by what GVE is saying anyway, he thinks his first team is only up to/only wants to be playing 45mins at the moment anyway. So playing the youth in the second half is deemed as a good idea to him.

This is disregarding that a large part of the first half squad won't be starting in the HAL, obviously. But the large part of starters who aren't playing these trials have been getting a good workout with u20s/socceroos so apart from making sure our team gel together, at least they're keeping fit

MFKS
02-08-2013, 09:34 AM
Judging by what GVE is saying anyway, he thinks his first team is only up to/only wants to be playing 45mins at the moment anyway. So playing the youth in the second half is deemed as a good idea to him.

This is disregarding that a large part of the first half squad won't be starting in the HAL, obviously. But the large part of starters who aren't playing these trials have been getting a good workout with u20s/socceroos so apart from making sure our team gel together, at least they're keeping fit

What a soft MENTALITY

Games go for 90 minutes not 45.

Just keep feeding the soft mentality of our players by only playing them 45 mins so they don't get tired/burnt out. So when the going gets tough our blokes just fold cause they ain't use to working hard.

No ****ing idea

hawk
02-08-2013, 06:31 PM
What a soft MENTALITY
Games go for 90 minutes not 45.

ball in play more like 55 mins. rest of time is gobfest

RedMexican
05-08-2013, 05:46 PM
when is our next pre season game and who do we play ?

seldom
05-08-2013, 11:03 PM
when is our next pre season game and who do we play ?

Newcastle Jets confirmed pre-season schedule

Newcastle Jets v Mounties Wanderers FC
Cook Park, St Marys
Wednesday, August 7th
Kick-off 7pm

Newcastle Jets v Bonnyrigg White Eagles
Bonnyrigg Sports Fields, Bonnyrigg
Wednesday, August 14th
Kick-off 6.30pm

Newcastle Jets v Canberra NPL All Stars
McKellar Stadium, McKellar
Wednesday, August 21st
Kick-off 7pm

Newcastle Jets v Sydney FC
WIN Stadium, Wollongong
Saturday, September 14
Kick-off 5.30pm

Newcastle Jets v Central Coast Mariners
Scully Park, Tamworth
Sunday, September 29
Kick-off 2pm

MFKS
05-08-2013, 11:11 PM

Cook Park, St Marys
Wednesday, August 7th
Kick-off 7pm

Wednesday, August 14th
Kick-off 6.30pm

Wednesday, August 21st
Kick-off 7pm

WIN Stadium, Wollongong
Saturday, September 14
Kick-off 5.30pm

Scully Park, Tamworth
Sunday, September 29
Kick-off 2pm

Glad to see the dumb ****s have a pile of games in the Hunter Valley:blush:

belchardo
06-08-2013, 06:55 AM

Cook Park, St Marys
Wednesday, August 7th
Kick-off 7pm

Wednesday, August 14th
Kick-off 6.30pm

Wednesday, August 21st
Kick-off 7pm

WIN Stadium, Wollongong
Saturday, September 14
Kick-off 5.30pm

Scully Park, Tamworth
Sunday, September 29
Kick-off 2pm

Woo! Will be going to the canberra game!

Blackmac79
07-08-2013, 06:45 AM
Will be tweeting updates tonight's through @newyboys

This is deep WSW territory though so I expect to die.

Jetmaster
07-08-2013, 07:50 AM
Will be tweeting updates tonight's through @newyboys

This is deep WSW territory though so I expect to die.

As the world turns black....think of Newy,, and may Griff take you to the light.

BodyNovo
07-08-2013, 10:28 AM
want to hear all about the cevapi roll or the equivalent roll/burger

Blackmac79
07-08-2013, 01:14 PM
Mounties are not effniks. So snag on bread the best to get

zorse
07-08-2013, 05:05 PM
So the game against St George FC on 14th August got canned it seems?
Was the first pre-season game I could actually get to so was looking forward to it, can't get to Bonnyrigg.

BodyNovo
07-08-2013, 05:14 PM
Mounties are not effniks. So snag on bread the best to get

Misread thought they were playing Bonnyrigg, enjoy nonetheless

Grimario
07-08-2013, 07:14 PM
Jets XI: Kennedy, Neville, Regan, Gallaway, Hoole, Kantarovski, Chapman, Pepper, Lundy, Gibbs, Virgili

https://twitter.com/NewcastleJetsFC

Read the feed, couldn't be arsed.

Grimario
07-08-2013, 07:56 PM
If pre-season holds absolutely any weight whatsoever (and not forgetting we aren't close to full strength)... it's going to be a long year.

Reading the twitter feed, we've been wasteful and then typical Jerks concede a penalty, 1-1 at HT.

Brisbane on the other hand, playing the Brisbane Strikers are up 6-0 after 39 minutes. Not sure how the Strikers compare to the Mounties but yeah...

Have Brisbane scored more in one half than we have in our multitude of pre-season games?

militiamon
07-08-2013, 08:12 PM
2-1 now, Gibbs of all people.

Agreed with Grim, it seems like we've failed at the one thing we're meant to be good at, and that is dominating the fxxx out of the opposition.
Still very early days when you think about it though, the line-up again tonight is nothing like what we will see for the A-League. Lucky to be a single guaranteed started in that list.

Edit: 3-1, Gibbs again. This team must be rubbish.

seldom
07-08-2013, 08:58 PM
Neville and Kanta...jeez...says it all really

halo se7en
07-08-2013, 09:11 PM
Jets concede another penalty, saved by Birraz. Goody makes it 4-1 before a couple of youth nobodies combine to make it 5-1. Mounties get a late one and it finishes 5-2.

BodyNovo
07-08-2013, 09:29 PM
orrighty we beat the mounties

http://www.richardmcguire.com/photos/moose/images/mounties.jpg

go gibbs (jesic)

positive though seemed the second bridges, goodwin, taagart & co came on the scoreline jumped to 5-1 which proves that all is not lost and we shouldn't judge anything until we get a lineup that involves the aforementioned + others.

also good to see lundy get a go, him and bobby russell are my kale to mfks.

GazFish35
07-08-2013, 10:35 PM
To be fair though body, even a jump to 5-1 isn't anything near what should be happening.

Mounties are in the 2nd teir in NSW.

joel31
08-08-2013, 09:45 AM
Melbourne Heart won their friendly 12-0

Jeterpool
08-08-2013, 09:52 AM
Pre-season friendlies are about getting fitness, trying a few things out and giving fringe players an opportunity to impress. We're two months out from the beginning of the season so I'm not worried.

Let's get our entire first team out there and see how we go then.

Scoreline doesn't matter. We aren't playing for points this stage of the season.

sammydog
08-08-2013, 10:11 AM
Wanderers beat Macarthur Rams 2-0

Jeterpool
08-08-2013, 12:34 PM
Did we go with 3 at the back last night as we tried in the other games?

I thought I read Chapman was playing in the DM role with Kanta.

sammydog
08-08-2013, 12:41 PM
You read that correctly.

NewcastleJetsFC: Chapman is playing as a holding midfielder alongside Kantarovski #goJets

MFKS
08-08-2013, 12:49 PM
Pre-season friendlies are about getting fitness, trying a few things out and giving fringe players an opportunity to impress. We're two months out from the beginning of the season so I'm not worried.

Let's get our entire first team out there and see how we go then.

Scoreline doesn't matter. We aren't playing for points this stage of the season.

Pre Season friendlies are about maintaining our unbeaten record in them stretching back over 3 years now. It would be good to play a couple of them when we are actually tested not just going through the motions thumping some part timers

Jeterpool
08-08-2013, 12:50 PM
Pre Season friendlies are about maintaining our unbeaten record in them stretching back over 3 years now. It would be good to play a couple of them when we are actually tested not just going through the motions thumping some part timers

Won't that come when we play Sydney and the Mariners in the next few weeks?

sammydog
08-08-2013, 12:51 PM
Short of Sydney FC, I don't see anyone else playing quality opposition at this point.

MFKS
08-08-2013, 12:57 PM
Won't that come when we play Sydney and the Mariners in the next few weeks?

As if those two teams will offer up much of a challenge to GVE's charges:roflz:

Jeterpool
08-08-2013, 01:10 PM
As if those two teams will offer up much of a challenge to GVE's charges:roflz:

Ok...i'll bite.

You can't be serious Member. Because I'm certainly taking your comment with a grain of salt. It seems to me that no matter what the club do, you think they have done the wrong thing.

scarfy96
08-08-2013, 04:32 PM
You've noticed that too? I figured that MFKS was just the resident troll and it was easiest just to ignore him.

Actually probably a good one to test this feature on:
http://www.newcastlefootball.net/forum/profile.php?do=addlist&userlist=ignore&u=121

russjaybee
08-08-2013, 04:36 PM
I refuse to read any of MFKS posts until he changes his picture.

scarfy96
08-08-2013, 04:38 PM
If pre-season holds absolutely any weight whatsoever (and not forgetting we aren't close to full strength)... it's going to be a long year.

Reading the twitter feed, we've been wasteful and then typical Jerks concede a penalty, 1-1 at HT.

Brisbane on the other hand, playing the Brisbane Strikers are up 6-0 after 39 minutes. Not sure how the Strikers compare to the Mounties but yeah...

Have Brisbane scored more in one half than we have in our multitude of pre-season games?

Ummmmm, no Heskey, Burns, Taggart, Bridges, Brown, Zad, Brilliante, Caravella ......

Grimario
08-08-2013, 04:42 PM
Ummmmm, no Heskey, Burns, Taggart, Bridges, Brown, Zad, Brilliante, Caravella ......

Well read.

(and not forgetting we aren't close to full strength)

Also pretty sure 3 of those you listed came on in the second half, didn't they?

My2BobsWorth
08-08-2013, 07:50 PM
I refuse to read any of MFKS posts until he changes his picture.

Everyone's seen the guy at the checkout with the wierd hair, that's who I think of when I read the members posts.(Anything over 5 lines I don't read, goes for everyone)

GazFish35
08-08-2013, 08:29 PM
Arsenal always beat Barnet in their preseason.
And they've come fourth for so long now.

It's so early in preseason it's hardly worth debate.
Clearly being used to test a few things out, not test the team etc etc.

sammydog
08-08-2013, 08:36 PM
Clearly being used to test a few things out, not test the team etc etc.

Wow, that sounds like early preseason football. hang on...............

Premy
08-08-2013, 10:52 PM
Short of Sydney FC, I don't see anyone else playing quality opposition at this point.

Glory have played some Quality South African clubs and travel to Malaysia shortly.

Edit: pretty sure Victory had a game against some English club

MFKS
08-08-2013, 11:25 PM
Glory have played some Quality South African clubs and travel to Malaysia shortly.

We said quality opposition:sparring:

Premy
08-08-2013, 11:52 PM
We said quality opposition:sparring:
Bite tongue :trolls:

Rocknerd
09-08-2013, 09:10 AM

We're playing Bonnyrigg next week. best Serbian team in the World!

cobra23
09-08-2013, 11:53 AM
just heard the jets might be playing magic next weekend as magic have the weekoff,

Premy
12-08-2013, 05:09 PM
Sydney Olympic just posted they'll be hosting the jets on the 11th of September at belmore oval

hawk
12-08-2013, 06:22 PM
We're playing Bonnyrigg next week. best Serbian team in the World!

avala!

MFKS
13-08-2013, 04:23 PM
BATTLE OF WESTON MKII

The Hunter Ports Newcastle Jets will take on Wellington Phoenix in a pre-season trial match at Rockwell Automation Park in Weston on Saturday, August 24th.

The fixture, which will kick-off at 4.30pm, will be the Jets’ first trial match of the pre-season against A-League opposition.

The two sides met at the same venue last pre-season, with the Jets notching a 3-1 win over the Phoenix in an eventful contest.

Jets CEO Robbie Middleby said he expects the match to provide the Jets with their toughest test of the pre-season so far.

“The match against Wellington will be another important fixture in our pre-season calendar,” Middleby said.

“It will be our first trial match against A-League opposition so it will be a good chance to see where we’re at as a team and how our squad is progressing.”

Middleby also thanked Weston Bears FC for hosting the match at their home ground.

“It’s a great chance for our Members and supporters in that part of the Hunter region to watch a trial match between two A-League teams and we’re looking forward to the match,” Middleby said.

The Newcastle Jets have also confirmed they will play NSW NPL 1 side Sydney Olympic in a pre-season trial match at Belmore Sports Ground on Wednesday, September 11.

The match is scheduled to kick-off at 6.30pm.

Wednesday, August 14th
Kick-off 6.30pm

Wednesday, August 21st
Kick-off 7pm

Newcastle Jets v Wellington Phoenix
Rockwell Automation Park, Weston
Saturday, August 24th
Kick-off 4.30pm

Newcastle Jets v Sydney Olympic
Belmore Sports Ground, Belmore
Wednesday, September 11
Kick-off 6.30pm

WIN Stadium, Wollongong
Saturday, September 14
Kick-off 5.30pm

Scully Park, Tamworth
Sunday, September 29
Kick-off 2pm

I wonder how many punch ups this time:grin:

BodyNovo
13-08-2013, 04:33 PM
Tiago guest stint?

Blackmac79
13-08-2013, 05:47 PM
New chant for tomorrow night

"are you Croats in disguise."

furns
14-08-2013, 03:22 PM
will be tweeting tonights game from Bonnyrigg @newyboys

JCBT
14-08-2013, 03:26 PM
BATTLE OF WESTON MKII

I wonder how many punch ups this time:grin:
You may be on the end of a few after your remarks about Kurri and Weston people in earlier posts.

Blackmac79
15-08-2013, 07:08 AM
Shit dishes up last night.

Plenty of chipping the ball over the top from midfield for the engines to run onto, however we were being beaten for pace, and that's without Heskey on the park.

Bonnyrigg were playing a highlife to which our midfield had no idea how to play against. We are going to be a very easy team to beat at this stage.

Early tip for Biraz to be player of the year again making 3 years in a row with a GK as player o the year.

15-08-2013, 07:46 AM
Thanks for the report Blackmac79. It would seem not much has changed then, situation normal.

Jetmaster
15-08-2013, 10:10 AM
You may be on the end of a few after your remarks about Kurri and Weston people in earlier posts.

Dug up the Members match report from last season - pretty well sums things up - ah, memories.....

Spent all day tossing up whether to go the game tonight. Big couple of days and lack of sleep and standing around in Kurri in this shitty weather with the Westerly blowing didn't seem that appealing. Any way come 2:30pm when I knocked off work I decided **** it I want to see Rubez in action.

Imagine my disgust when I got to the ground and found out Rubez wasn't playing.

Anyway as far as getting to the game what an adventure that was!! Big thanks to the ****s building the Craig Deans Expressway who decided to block off George Booth Rd and put in place a detour. Having left the palatial Kotara Sth abode the Member had pretty much timed it well arrival bang on about 4:30pm leaving plenty of time for a couple of pre match sausage sangas and a beer or two. You can imagine my disgust when at about 4:15 I found this detour. Fair dinkum these ****s sent me off into parts of the Hunter that even Google maps hasn't photographed. Hell the people who live on this road don't even know where the **** they are. The Member had visions of entering Dubbo at about 8pm tonight as he drove nervously down roads that were tarred by convicts. Eventually ended up in some Gypsy wanna be backwater called Pelaw something and ended up finding my way into down town Kurri. Ended up getting to the game with about 15mins to spare.

Anyway game kicked off and was really enjoying it. After watching some of the mismatches this pre season it was obvious the Nix were gonna present a good test to GVE's boys. Not long in James Brown was away on goal only to be hacked down in rather brutal fashion by Ben Sigmund. Ended up getting a yellow when possibly a red was on the cards for Professional Foul.

Take note this is what started the ruckus.

Not long later Phoenix scored and it was oh so reminiscent of last season. Cross from the left by Ifill allowed to drift across the face of goal with numerous players not taking ownership and clearing. Ball found its way to Alex Smith who poked home from close range

Moments later second key incident that started the ruckus was Tiago going through the back of the Nix player Boyd. Wellington players were incensed as they thought the ref had been lenient. Queries were raised about inconsistency as Tiago escaped punishment yet Sigmund had been booked.
There was also complaints of a possible elbow by Tiago though I didn't see the elbow this does seem highly out of character for Tiago!!! Manny Muscat was leading the complaints and was highly agitated and despite Jobe's efforts to placate him the red mist descended on Manny.

Not long after the ball was loose and Tiago spotted Muscat coming for the ball and Tiago launched in and got him. No problems with the red. Muscat retaliated and a massive hoo haa started and the benches were almost cleared for a royal rumble like melee to ensure. Eventually order was restored. Ref pulled Tiago up first and gave a straight red. Then Sigmund and Muscat joined him. Manny then tried making a run on the most hated Maltese National in the Hunter title by a display of petulance that ruffled the partisan crowds feathers. Good thing some other Maltese National has the title under lock and key but Manny may be about to make a run for the throne if he keeps that shit up.

Now this really pissed me off. I actually came to see the Jets get tested. 1-0 down the Nix were in charge and I really wanted to see a bit of what to expect this summer from the boys. By the ref giving out the reds it ruined the game. Phoenix just dropped back and sat in and played on the counter. FFS they had Brockie playing as their holding midfielder!!. With the extra man and ample space the Jets seized control of the game.

I understand the prick with the whistle was only following the rules but it is a pre season game after all. Why not just go to the sideline and order GVE to sub Tiago and Herbert to sub Muscat and Sigmund??? After all it didn't matter seriously??

GVE and Herbert would have got **** all out of this match from the send offs onwards. At least keeping it 11 V 11 would provide the contest they were after and would have provided some value to the spectators.

Anyway as the Jets started seizing control eventually the chance came and Goodwin took it about 35 mins in. Burst past the opponent in the box and drilled across goal with great venom and into the bottom corner. Quality play.

Phoenix continued to get quite upset and you could see it was about to spill over again soon but players remained intact and score stayed the same until HT

Second Half the Jets started really pushing the case and were rewarded about 55 mins in when Goodwin had a lash from the edge of the box. Was right behind it and with some Ronaldo like late swerve Paston misjudged and could only parry the ball into goal. Very good shot but some average keeping to say the least. Speaking of Goodwin from what I have seen very impressed so far. How the **** does David Carney get picked for the Socceroos over this bloke?? FMD

Not long after it should have been 3 but after great lead up play put Taggart in showed some great predatory instincts to lash at goal out of very little. Ball that cannoned off the bar.

60 mins in and Dura got sent. Had been blowing a fuse for a while and had even gotten away with one hell of a spray to the linesman after a ball ricochet off opposing players ( **** knows who it come off ) and Nix didn't get the call. Dura was racing across park and beat Neville to the ball. Defo yellow but the ref waived play on as Nix were attacking. Dura in back play though lashed out and kicked Neville and almost started WW3 again. Same again instant red.

Before the game restarted GVE rang the subs with the whole team pretty much off and the reserves bench on. Straight away the Jets caught Nix squre and Jesic was away and bearing down on goal. Once again this **** ****ed it up!! FMD

From about this point on though the Jets pretty much dominated thought they did give one good chance away that BK done well to save. Eventually Jesic got a touch and poked home from 6 yards to make it 3. Then the **** missed a couple of more chance. Young Bruno started showing some classy touch and Virgili was causing havoc down the right.

Mitchy Cooper nearly capped the game off with a dream goal. Ball floated in from the left was allowed to pass across his body and was then hit on the volley with power at goal. Net bulged but side netting. Would have been a ****ing cracker not seen since some **** called Brockie played for us.

Nix done well in the last 30 mins not to lose the plot and get the game abandoned although their No5 was trying hard to test the refs patience

Anyways 3-1 to Jets

Goodwin MOM for the 1st XI with nice contributions from Browny and Jobe - Kanta is still a waste of ****ing space and I can't wait til he joins the Jets XI in Sydney. I am seriously concerned as to how fuicked up his progress has been since he come onto the scene at HAL level. WTF is going on???

Virgili MOM for the 2nd XI with nice contributions from Bruno and Mitchy Cooper - Jesic was and is still SHIT

Special mention though must go to the **** driving the White Tarago down John Renshaw on the way home. Your mum must be proud of you 70km in a 100 km zone 100km in a 80km zone, speeding up for the overtaking lanes and driving in two ****ing lanes. The poor Member had to pull over on the way home thanks to you.

Being that nervous about your driving how the **** can I be expected to work out what you are doing when you don't seem to know?? I just tensed up and got a cramp in the right leg. Being the Members Chariot is a manual I figured it would be best for some kerbside calisthenics must have looked a sight some **** doing aerobics at Tarro on the side of the Highway rather than trying to operate all 3 pedals with my left leg.

PS Did spot GVE's vehicle at ground PM me for details so you know what to look for next time we lose and you wish to take out your frustrations on his wheels

MFKS
15-08-2013, 10:52 AM

Why would people in Kurri and Weston know about my remarks earlier??

Nearly all of them can't read anyway:sparring:

pv4
15-08-2013, 11:41 AM
It sounds like we're back to our usual preseason ways.

I remember last years preseason being genuinely excited - we looked brilliant (in the newcastle-based games, didn't get to see syd games). Much better than every other preseason I've watched. Now it seems like we're back in the rut.

cobra23
15-08-2013, 11:44 AM
Why would people in Kurri and Weston know about my remarks earlier??

Nearly all of them can't read anyway:sparring:

:sup:

Thomas477
15-08-2013, 12:33 PM
It sounds like we're back to our usual preseason ways.

I remember last years preseason being genuinely excited - we looked brilliant (in the newcastle-based games, didn't get to see syd games). Much better than every other preseason I've watched. Now it seems like we're back in the rut.

Exactly. 20 games against lower level opposition then 2 against A-League opposition isn't a good hit out. We should be looking to test ourselves against stronger clubs, such as what Sydney have done in Japan and Italy, Melbourne with Liverpool. Hell, even Glory has played in South Africa and Malaysia. They will be much better for it, because they have played professional (for the most part) teams who would give them a challenge. No disrespect to the NBN teams or NSWPL, or Plattsy ZL, but they aren't professional clubs, and won't give our players the tough work out they need in preseason.

I would much rather see us play better clubs and loose to them, rather than beat teams that we should be beating anyway.

pv4
15-08-2013, 12:37 PM
Yeah, but.. we played a 6aside tournament in Singapore before preseason had actually begun. That counts, right?

Grimario
15-08-2013, 12:59 PM
God you guys whine a bunch. It wasn't even our first choice eleven!!!!!
Which of course ignores the fact that even our back up lot should be better than the teams we are playing against.
And Bonnyrigg are clearly a quality outfit because they NEARLY BEAT US last night.
Which might say more about how shit we are rather than how good they are.
And let's remember that pre-season is all about combinations and fitness, it's not about results.
In reality it's game time for GVE to hope players get injured so he can start a catalogue of excuses for the next season. Also it begs the question if it's about combinations and fitness, WHY AREN'T OUR FIRST CHOICE THE ONES PLAYING?

Right?

MFKS
15-08-2013, 01:02 PM
God you guys whine a bunch. It wasn't even our first choice eleven!!!!!
Which of course ignores the fact that even our back up lot should be better than the teams we are playing against.
And Bonnyrigg are clearly a quality outfit because they NEARLY BEAT US last night.
Which might say more about how shit we are rather than how good they are.
And let's remember that pre-season is all about combinations and fitness, it's not about results.
In reality it's game time for GVE to hope players get injured so he can start a catalogue of excuses for the next season. Also it begs the question if it's about combinations and fitness, WHY AREN'T OUR FIRST CHOICE THE ONES PLAYING?

Right?

Out of curiosity though how far away was it??

Heskey Burns Goodwin obviously in but who else??

Grimario
15-08-2013, 01:07 PM
Out of curiosity though how far away was it??

Heskey Burns Goodwin obviously in but who else??

Jets XI: Birighitti, Neville, Regan, Pepper, Hoole, Zadkovich, Kantarovski, Gallaway, Taggart, Gibbs, Virgili

Are those in bold the ones that would be almost certain first team under GVE?

So... Chapman, Caravanilla, Quality CB, Quality Attacking Mid, Heskey, Burns, Goodwin.

MFKS
15-08-2013, 01:19 PM
Jets XI: Birighitti, Neville, Regan, Pepper, Hoole, Zadkovich, Kantarovski, Gallaway, Taggart, Gibbs, Virgili

So... Chapman, Caravanilla, Quality CB, Quality Attacking Mid, Heskey, Burns, Goodwin.

I would offer that Kanta would be in the first team. The **** has never played been fit in the last few years.

Neville as part of the first XI. FFS be serious

Also the quality attacking Mid you talk about is first name on the team sheet in the NYL don't forget

Local Rules
15-08-2013, 01:20 PM

Season starts October and we still cannot name the Quality CB and Quality AM. We are going down the same preseason path as last year.

As the great GVE has designed the schedule it is

Level 1 - ZPL teams (both games washed out)

Level 2 - NBN teams (Weston, Lakes (finished 8th) and NNSW Select that had more changes then the cast of Priscilla Queen of the Desert)

Level 3 - Sydney Based teams

Level 4 - A League clubs - Wellington (where did they finish last year??), Sydney and the Scum

This is the same schedule as last year and what changes have been made - Caravella (achilles) for Jobe and we bring in Joey Gibbs. I agree the others are a year of experience better but give me a break. Same team with the same schedule gives the same results. It didn't work last year why will it work this year.

Grimario
15-08-2013, 01:26 PM
I would offer that Kanta would be in the first team. The **** has never played been fit in the last few years.

Neville as part of the first XI. FFS be serious

Also the quality attacking Mid you talk about is first name on the team sheet in the NYL don't forget

I'm not the one that picks the team... but you would imagine that Neville is in GVE's plans. And if he isn't, who? Brillante? Hoole?

Premy
15-08-2013, 04:00 PM
I'm not the one that picks the team... but you would imagine that Neville is in GVE's plans. And if he isn't, who? Brillante? Hoole?

GVE to play a 3 4 3
Back line would likely be
Chapman, new CB, Gallaway

Grimario
15-08-2013, 04:08 PM
GVE to play a 3 4 3
Back line would likely be
Chapman, new CB, Gallaway

GVE to talk about playing a 343.

GVE to actually play a 433, same as always.

seldom
15-08-2013, 09:59 PM
3 at the back ?...we all might as well bend over now and get it over with.

furns
16-08-2013, 04:42 AM
He was playing a 343 in attack against Bonnyrigg
Fullbacks would push up when we were in possession, and RubeZ dropped into the defence beside Peppz and Regz. Problem was BWE played a high press and line forcing mistakes, and then the fullbacks were caught out by their wide players.

Blackmac79
16-08-2013, 07:05 AM
Our attacking transition and formation change was positive, however we lacked the vision going forward, in part to bonnyriggs efforts, in part players trying the wrong ball/wonder all instead of easy.

We were playing a 4-2-3-1 in defence. Neville was so gash that he was replaced early first half for Goodwin, who looked so out of position in the LB position. Did nothing. Pretty sure Bonnyriggs first came down that side.

Galloway will almost certainly play RB. Who else do we have?

The 3-4-3 in attack was clunky. Rubes dropping in to CB in the back 3, albeit as a stopper slightly ahead of regs/pepper, just removed our best midfielder on the park. Kanta showed moments of brilliance however just needs someone thundering up behind him before he looks like he will shit himself, probably injury wary now. I think he did better than rubes on the night who struggled with the drop in. I think if they switched and rubes stayed behind the front 3 we would do better.

Taggs can't play behind the striker. No awareness of width. Devoid of options, but I imagine burns will fill that spot.

Gibbs is a lazy ****er.

Hoole looks alright but he isn't a RW, should have played in the backs, swap him and Goodwin and play him at RB, Galloway at LB and we could just be ok.

Bridges can't pass. Maybe saw him find feet once. Holds the ball too long, try's to beat every player. Who jus jockey him till he loses it or passes to an opposition or offside player.

Virgilli looks te goods like every preseason.

Regan is awesome loud and commanding in the centre I defence. Him + new dutch guy please. **** Mitchell et. Al.

That is all.

pv4
16-08-2013, 07:14 AM
------------------------------------------Biraz/BK----------------------------------------------------
Neville/Brillante/Rubez/Hoole--Chapman/Regan--Jaliens/Mitchell--Goodwin/Gallaway/Brillante
------------------------Rubez/Kanta/Brillante----Caravella/Pepper/Ox/Hoole----------------------
--------------------------------------Brown/Cooper/Bridges/Ox-----------------------------------
Taggart/Virgili/Hoole--------------Heskey/Taggart/Gibbs/Bridges---------------Burns/Goodwin

This is how I see our lineup, and possible fillins. First names are who I see starting, and where, and after the / is who I see as cover for those positions.

pv4
16-08-2013, 07:16 AM
Bridges can't pass. Maybe saw him find feet once. Holds the ball too long, try's to beat every player. Who jus jockey him till he loses it or passes to an opposition or offside player.

:rof: that doesn't sound like Bridges at all :rof:

BodyNovo
16-08-2013, 09:00 AM
The 3-4-3 in attack was clunky. Rubes dropping in to CB in the back 3, albeit as a stopper slightly ahead of regs/pepper

this is what Liverpool did against victory but they had steven gerrard doing it. if we are going to do this you need a kantarovski or a caravella who are technical passers of the ball.

if we are so intent on playing this way my starting team would look like so

-------------------------------Biraz------------------------------------
-------------Reegz----------Chapman-----------Jaliens-----------------
-Brillante------------Rubez--------Kanta/Carevella---------------Goodwin
------------Taagart---------Heskey------------Burns-------------------

would have the two best crossers of the ball in the wing back positions, don't really rate neviller & pepper much as solid crossers of the ball so I would have brillante

if we played the much more preferred 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 it would look like this

-------------------------------Biraz------------------------------------
-----Brillante-------Chapman-----------Jaliens------------Goodwin------
--------------------Rubez--------Kanta/Carevella-----------------------
-------------------------Brown/caravella-------------------------------
------------Taagart---------Heskey------------Burns-------------------

with
BK
virgilli
reegz/hoole
Brown/caravella/kanta
bobby russell :lulzturtle:

on the bench

MFKS
16-08-2013, 11:36 AM
Regan is awesome loud and commanding in the centre I defence. Him + new dutch guy please. **** Mitchell et. Al.

That is all.

Watching the game the other week V NNSW Select Regan came on at HT with the Yoofs. Being an avid watcher of the Yoof team it was noticeable the difference his CONSTANT communication provided to the kids. Finally they had someone directing the team about and as a result they looked a lot better defensively than what they did every other week in the NBN League. I was up the far end of the field from where the Jets were defending an all I heard all second half was Taylor encouraging and directing the kids about.

Strip Rubes of the captaincy and give it Taylor on that basis

My2BobsWorth
16-08-2013, 04:23 PM
Brown and Kanta should start in youth, if blokes like Brill step up, I think Zad may struggle to start later in the season. Peevey still starting Brown FFS

militiamon
24-08-2013, 12:48 AM
Guess I will go to this game tomorrow.

MFKS, want to carpool?

Grimario
24-08-2013, 04:59 PM
Couldn't wait for the season proper to start so getting a head start with goals conceded to Nix from Corners. Normal service by the sounds of it.

halo se7en
24-08-2013, 05:26 PM
HT, this is rubbish. Brilliante at LB? Well done GVE. Our tactic is Birraz to Pepper who's playing at CB, out to Brillante or whoevers playing RB, back to the CB, then they pump a long ball to the wing and tell Virgili to chase. This is ****ed.

seldom
24-08-2013, 05:35 PM
It is jerks...what were you expecting ?

Thomas477
24-08-2013, 05:54 PM
HT, this is rubbish. Brilliante at LB? Well done GVE. Our tactic is Birraz to Pepper who's playing at CB, out to Brillante or whoevers playing RB, back to the CB, then they pump a long ball to the wing and tell Virgili to chase. This is ****ed.

Good to see it was worth the drive :P

Bon
24-08-2013, 07:39 PM
Ooook.. So what actually happened out there? Apart from the three or so comments on here, I've got nothing..

MFKS
24-08-2013, 07:47 PM
Ooook.. So what actually happened out there? Apart from the three or so comments on here, I've got nothing..

We were ****ing shit. You know this song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1wg1DNHbNU

The bit about Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

If you have been to one JETS game in the last few seasons under GVE you will know how the game went.

We are plain well ****ing aids and we all need to get down to the TAB and lay some money on us for the wooden spoon.

Joey Gibbs >>Your deadset taking the piss Egg head:banghead:

halo se7en
24-08-2013, 07:48 PM
Someone else will shed more light on the game then me, and I'm assuming it stayed at 1-0 (I left with under 5 to go). I didn't see anything encouraging for the season ahead. We're still trying to play out from the back which a) gets us in trouble because we play stupid passes under pressure, or b) doesn't amount to anything because after 3 or 4 sideways passes it just gets hoofed up field anyway. The only time we look dangerous is when we dispossess the opponents midfield and try and counter… if Goodwin and Virgili are switched on, then they might receive the ball and do something half decent with it, but we don't have that strong attacking midfielder that can really make a defence nervous. We simply have no idea up front. TBF we didn't have Heskey or Burns which will help… Gibbs is useless and no surprise WSW didn't want him.

Brillante was playing LB and unsurprisingly looked lost & was at fault for not marking up for their goal from a corner. Once he got into mids sometime through the second half, he looked more comfortable and we seemed to dominate midfield.

Pepper was playing at CB beside Regan… why do we persist on trying to play players in different positions all the time…

I'm already over the game and GVE's uselessness so CBF finishing this… anyone else attend?

GazFish35
24-08-2013, 09:03 PM
why do we persist on trying to play players in different positions all the time…

I think dutchy wants to live up to his nickname
http://insideforward13.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/holland.jpg

militiamon
24-08-2013, 09:10 PM
So it's official, Joey Gibbs is a rubbish signing?

What a shocker.

Maito Mitch
24-08-2013, 09:14 PM
The first half was absolutely terrible. I usually try to be optimistic about the jets performances, but there was no denying this was crap. It was the usual GVE gameplan of passing around between the backs until there was no other option but to hoof it long, usually for virgili to chase. Even for a pre season game, it was extremely frustrating. Whether it was Wellington keeping their shape and defending well, or us being so rigid under GVE that we couldn't find any space to present an option, I couldn't tell 100%

Thankfully, the second half was a major improvement. We switched to a 3-4-3, someone confirm? It seemed to give us more options in midfield and we actually managed to play through phoenix quite well... The final ball and killer instinct was missing though. I'd like to think that heskey and burns would make a big difference here. Which reminds me... Why the hell arent they playing???

Pepper isn't a centre back. Not big/strong enough, but in saying that, he's better than Josh Mitchell. Kanta should have played there imo. Kanta is really struggling atm, definitely not a first team player currently, so no doubt he'll be first picked. CB could be the change he needs for the future

Overall, not a bad performance, but nothing to get me excited for the season ahead. There's almost zero improvement under GVE. A shining light was Hoole, he looks the goods

Taggart copped an ear bashing from GVE during the second half for pushing too far forward from midfield, obviously the plan was to leave Gibbs completely ****ing isolated

In summary, GVE OUT

24-08-2013, 09:47 PM
Been holding off doing the membership thing til frigg'n Jerks see the light and punt GVE. Finally had the Missus convince me to swollow my pride and renew next week. After reading these reports i don't think i have the patience to sit through another season of the absolute crap this overated coach dishes up.

Tell me one other club in there f&*k'n right mind would give this one hit wonder a gig.

MFKS
24-08-2013, 09:55 PM
Been holding off doing the membership thing til frigg'n Jerks see the light and punt GVE. Finally had the Missus convince me to swollow my pride and renew next week. After reading these reports i don't think i have the patience to sit through another season of the absolute crap this overated coach dishes up.

Tell me one other club in there f&*k'n right mind would give this one hit wonder a gig.

Anywhere else Middleby would get a job as CEO

MFKS
24-08-2013, 09:57 PM
The first half was absolutely terrible. I usually try to be optimistic about the jets performances, but there was no denying this was crap. It was the usual GVE gameplan of passing around between the backs until there was no other option but to hoof it long, usually for virgili to chase. Even for a pre season game, it was extremely frustrating. Whether it was Wellington keeping their shape and defending well, or us being so rigid under GVE that we couldn't find any space to present an option, I couldn't tell 100%

Thankfully, the second half was a major improvement. We switched to a 3-4-3, someone confirm? It seemed to give us more options in midfield and we actually managed to play through phoenix quite well... The final ball and killer instinct was missing though. I'd like to think that heskey and burns would make a big difference here. Which reminds me... Why the hell arent they playing???

Pepper isn't a centre back. Not big/strong enough, but in saying that, he's better than Josh Mitchell. Kanta should have played there imo. Kanta is really struggling atm, definitely not a first team player currently, so no doubt he'll be first picked. CB could be the change he needs for the future

Overall, not a bad performance, but nothing to get me excited for the season ahead. There's almost zero improvement under GVE. A shining light was Hoole, he looks the goods

Taggart copped an ear bashing from GVE during the second half for pushing too far forward from midfield, obviously the plan was to leave Gibbs completely ****ing isolated

In summary, GVE OUT

The bit about second half being a major improvement??

Did you have mull cake at HT??? Cause all I had was a pie

MFKS
24-08-2013, 09:58 PM

What a shocker.

Hate to say it but the reports about him being worse than Dino Kressinger are entirely accurate

snake
24-08-2013, 10:03 PM
thanj **** i'm gonna be so wasted i wont remember anything of the coming season

furns
25-08-2013, 12:38 AM
Anywhere else Middleby would get a job as CEOhere we go again :sigh:

Wouldnt the ousted Football Advisory Board have been responsible for the signing of GVE?

GazFish35
25-08-2013, 07:49 AM
What about the re-signing? Or the not sacking?

Maito Mitch
25-08-2013, 08:44 AM
The bit about second half being a major improvement??

Did you have mull cake at HT??? Cause all I had was a pie

Whatever I had, I'm willing to share it to help us all get through the season :grin: maybe it was just the Weston air getting to me???

Maybe major improvement was a bit over the top... let's just say we were a little bit less shit than the first half showing!

The Dunster
25-08-2013, 08:47 AM
Middleby is a genius. Hires GVE. GVE forces team to play shit football. Fans need to drink ten times as much alcohol to get through the games. Beer sales make club richest in the league.

Brilliant strategy.

halo se7en
25-08-2013, 08:50 AM
Luckily I'll be o/s for 4 of our home games so the decision not to renew our season passes was already decided.

BodyNovo
25-08-2013, 10:32 AM
What a shocker.

Tbh I had already come to this conclusion at lakes at the beginning of pre season.

parksey
25-08-2013, 11:34 AM

Qft

MFKS
25-08-2013, 04:36 PM
here we go again :sigh:

Wouldnt the ousted Football Advisory Board have been responsible for the signing of GVE?

Wouldn't the CEO be responsible for giving an extended contract for finishing 7th in a 10 team comp???

Wouldn't the CEO also be responsible for sacking people for not meeting basic KPI's like Finals football cause the coach had them finishing 8th in a ten team comp??

Mitchy
25-08-2013, 04:46 PM

This

furns
25-08-2013, 04:48 PM
Wouldn't the CEO be responsible for giving an extended contract for finishing 7th in a 10 team comp???

Wouldn't the CEO also be responsible for sacking people for not meeting basic KPI's like Finals football cause the coach had them finishing 8th in a ten team comp??
I would think that decision would be in the hands of the HSG CEO Troy Palmer and our owner. Middleby does actually have to answer to someone. If you have an axe to grind in those decisions, I would suggest it would be with them not Middleby.

sammydog
25-08-2013, 04:59 PM
I would think that decision would be in the hands of the HSG CEO Troy Palmer and our owner. Middleby does actually have to answer to someone. If you have an axe to grind in those decisions, I would suggest it would be with them not Middleby.

Thats exactly it, it GVE was to be sacked the cash has to come from somewhere to pay him out. That will be from HSG. So hypothetically if middleby wanted to remove GVE, the decision is effectively out of his hands unless HSG want to pay up.

Tinks won't throw money at that right now.

pv4
25-08-2013, 04:59 PM

So if Middleby isn't involved in hiring and firing, isn't involved with keeping on and off field standards up to scratch, isn't involved with all those vital tranfers we've missed or seemingly stupidly done - what does he actually do? It's probably easy to be blame-proof if you don't actually do anything, it seems from the outlook here

furns
25-08-2013, 05:04 PM
No, I am saying he cant make the call on hiring and firing of GVE.
Keeping the standards on and off the pitch of the players is GVE's responsibility.
The vital transfers you speak of would be GVE and RM working in a collaborative role.

Its quite simple, if people want to know what Middleby's day to day duties and responsibilities entail why dont one of you go and ask him?

pv4
25-08-2013, 05:15 PM
I have multpile times in his online insider questions and online forums. Never an answer

furns
25-08-2013, 05:29 PM
alright then, sounds like a job for the Jetstream Podcast :p

MFKS
25-08-2013, 05:33 PM
No, I am saying he cant make the call on hiring and firing of GVE.
Keeping the standards on and off the pitch of the players is GVE's responsibility.
The vital transfers you speak of would be GVE and RM working in a collaborative role.

Its quite simple, if people want to know what Middleby's day to day duties and responsibilities entail why dont one of you go and ask him?

Umm so your saying we have a CEO who has no pull and is just basically a puppet???

So if GVE doen't answer to Middleby then who does he answer to??

pv4
25-08-2013, 05:34 PM
alright then, sounds like a job for the Jetstream Podcast :p

Let's do a supporter one like the old days. I'd be keen

sammydog
25-08-2013, 05:41 PM
Umm so your saying we have a CEO who has no pull and is just basically a puppet???

So if GVE doen't answer to Middleby then who does he answer to??

I see it as more of a problem in having the club owned by a group such as HSG who then report to the owner (who is cash strapped). It throws in a whole extra level of management/bureaucracy that other clubs don't have and other CEO's don't have to deal with.

It makes the club a whole lot less autonomous. I would not say the CEO is a puppet with no pull, but he probably has a whole level of extra constraints that other CEO's who report direct to the owner(s) don't have.

My gut says if Tinks was still rolling in the cash, like Culina before him, GVE would be gone.

Jeterpool
25-08-2013, 07:53 PM
I'll ask the question - if the Knights went to sack Bennett, would Matt Gidley be making that decision or HSG?

I don't see how the business model for the knights would differ in this regard to the Jets.

I think it would be HSG decision. Middleby, like Gidley, is the ex-player figure head for the public allowing HSG (ie Palmer) to stay out of the public view

sammydog
25-08-2013, 08:16 PM
I would think if it is a decision within an allocated HSG budget then Middleby/Gidley would be pulling the strings, but when it comes to a sacking which incurs a payout, then that is a whole different scenario where HSG would have complete control.

Until either HSG have had enough of GVE, or his contract runs out, we will be stuck with him. I can't see the first happening unfortunately.

The Dunster
25-08-2013, 08:29 PM
Well we know one thing for sure: GVE's contract certainly isn't pending on the teams performance.

leftrightout
25-08-2013, 09:14 PM
So what are the odds on a GVE contract extension?

Premy
25-08-2013, 09:17 PM
So what are the odds on a GVE contract extension?

Ill give you $1.05

Jeterpool
25-08-2013, 09:56 PM
I would think if it is a decision within an allocated HSG budget then Middleby/Gidley would be pulling the strings, but when it comes to a sacking which incurs a payout, then that is a whole different scenario where HSG would have complete control.

Until either HSG have had enough of GVE, or his contract runs out, we will be stuck with him. I can't see the first happening unfortunately.

Essentially your last sentence I believe is spot on the money

Local Rules
27-08-2013, 12:01 PM

What are the chances of a group in green morph suits against SFC to support our Dutch centre back Huge Aliens

russjaybee
27-08-2013, 09:54 PM
Green Man!

GazFish35
09-09-2013, 08:40 PM
got a text from jonesy saying he'd heard wednesday's game v Olympic has been moved forward

Blackmac79
09-09-2013, 09:45 PM
Moved forward to when?

GazFish35
10-09-2013, 07:39 AM
Tonight

furns
10-09-2013, 09:10 AM
It popped up on FB as such yesterday as well. I am not sure if I will go or not, will message the MDR lads later today

GazFish35
10-09-2013, 10:10 AM
it popped on facebook after i sent them a message asking for them to confirm it.

i only knew as jonsey sent me text after he heard it on the rdaio.

It makes you think if the club were ever going to let anyone know.

we should start a conspracy theory about games being rescheduled after travel plans have been made and bombard the world on twitter and facebook, afterall we ar ebeing told to be more like the RBB

selassie
10-09-2013, 11:33 AM
was also on the twitter feed. can't attend now.

hawk
10-09-2013, 01:07 PM
everyone get back under their rock, we are the 5th sport in this country and will bow down as such

furns
10-09-2013, 05:17 PM
wont be attending now obviously either

halo se7en
10-09-2013, 05:44 PM
It was in The Herald this morning. Burns, Heskey & Jaliens to all get a good run.

furns
10-09-2013, 07:29 PM
Boo-urns scored according to Jerks twitter
1-0

joel31
10-09-2013, 08:04 PM
Its 2-0 now Heskey scored

joel31
10-09-2013, 08:05 PM
Can anyone at the game give an analysis of performance so far?