PDA

View Full Version : All-purpose 2014 World Cup Brazil Thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Bremsstrahlung
15-06-2014, 08:41 AM
He woke up

Happy if that works for me.
Gerrard hasn't done much... Doesn't look like scoring a free kick. Wouldn't get it top corner.
C'mon voodoo gods, make it happen.

turbo
15-06-2014, 08:56 AM
I think if England sit back second half a point is assured, but there's no chance of that happening! My arse is nipping up like.

Also, it appears the neutrals in the ground are all italy. Awesome, love it. :D

Bremsstrahlung
15-06-2014, 08:56 AM
Glad we crossed live to the Italian cafe....

Premy
15-06-2014, 09:14 AM
Surely that was a penalty with Welbeck.

Bremsstrahlung
15-06-2014, 09:17 AM
The one on Gerrard too...
The inconsistency bothers me. Like the one on gerrard is a solid bump off the ball...albeit the ball is gone but he gets pumped. Yet, Fred gets a pen...idk.

Premy
15-06-2014, 09:23 AM
Yeah the Gerrard one would have been soft IMO but there was contact. The Welbeck on if that's not a penalty I don't know what is.

Jeterpool
15-06-2014, 09:25 AM
I'm really enjoying this game.

Bremsstrahlung
15-06-2014, 09:33 AM
Yeah the Gerrard one would have been soft IMO but there was contact. The Welbeck on if that's not a penalty I don't know what is.

Didn't see Welbeck one, was taking a piss. Will just watch the highlights on Channel 7 later:lulz:

England look better imo. Good tough, fair game. hardly been a bad tackle.

Bremsstrahlung
15-06-2014, 09:52 AM
Joe Hart had NFI then. Some free kick.

Bremsstrahlung
15-06-2014, 09:54 AM
Brilliant game. Probably best so far. Australia vs Chile a close 2nd in terms of a contest goes.

turbo
15-06-2014, 10:11 AM
Credit where it's due, nobody does that second half like italy. I hate it, in fact i detest it, but you can't knock success.

Grimario
15-06-2014, 10:12 AM
Joe Hart had NFI then. Some free kick.

Not wrong. If that had gone in, I may have needed to have a cold shower.

goaliepersempre
15-06-2014, 10:21 AM
Lol on bbc the English pundits yeah Costa Rica no chance.

King Henry saying yeah he thought Costa Rica had a chance..

I skip my coverage of World Cup here between the crap that is ITV and then BBC plus Swiss German channel and 2 german channels (the Germans are the best coverage is awesome)

Grimario
15-06-2014, 10:24 AM
Apparently Lineker took the piss out of Henry with some joke about using handball to his advantage.

Wish we had proper pundits instead of Zdrilic doing half time. I quite like Bolton, even if his pink eye didn't look great in HD, and I think Zelic has the brains for it but struggles like crazy to articulate what he thinks. Zdrilic is just a waste of space.

Premy
15-06-2014, 10:57 AM
Martin Tyler> Daylight> David Bashere> Craig Foster

furns
15-06-2014, 12:07 PM
This Japan v Ivory Coast game is brilliant

Grimario
15-06-2014, 12:09 PM
Really is. Hasn't been a dull game yet.

So fkn tired though. Wish this one would just end so I can sleep.

Bremsstrahlung
15-06-2014, 12:18 PM
End to end stuff. If Cote de voire had a Tim Cahill they would be winning by a mile. If we had crossers like Ivory Coast we'd also win.

Bremsstrahlung
15-06-2014, 12:22 PM
Wow doing a good job of jinxing thing

Bremsstrahlung
15-06-2014, 12:24 PM
And again. They don't need Cahill.

Grimario
15-06-2014, 12:59 PM
**** me, what a day of football. I honestly don't remember the opening 3 days being this good last time around.

Sleep.

lquiquer
15-06-2014, 01:02 PM
Best ever start of a world cup in my life time..... 8 games, no draw, almost 3.9 goals per game, attacking positive football ....I can't get enough ....

lquiquer
15-06-2014, 01:11 PM
^ 3.5.... Time to go to bed

hawk
15-06-2014, 01:23 PM
Gerrard is finished and delusional "as you can see we pushed hard compared to 2 yrs ago" ummm, you had hardly any go forward numpty except for long ball.

there was no cohesion between backs and forwards. some individual flair was it. every other team so far has more "go forward". no pressing or getting the foot in. england=jokes. Ticos=beautiful

joel31
15-06-2014, 01:33 PM
been a great attacking world cup so far. I've watched all games so far except Mexico v Cameroon and Uruguay v Costa Rica

Bremsstrahlung
15-06-2014, 01:39 PM
been a great attacking world cup so far. I've watched all games so far except Mexico v Cameroon and Uruguay v Costa Rica

+ 1.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/a66927e5e032b44d364e9cff00e980fd/tumblr_n76via9THI1rhzwp7o1_400.gif

WolfMan
15-06-2014, 06:13 PM
Best ever start of a world cup in my life time..... 8 games, no draw, almost 3.9 goals per game, attacking positive football ....I can't get enough ....

100%. Even last World Cup, an England v Italy group match would have resulted in 2 teams scared to go forward. This time around, everyone wants to score and the football is flowing wonderfully. Of course, defence is and always will be important, but I get the feeling that coaches and players are more inclined to just "have a go". Brilliant for the viewer

The Dunster
15-06-2014, 08:21 PM
Woke up at 6am Friday morning. Went to sleep 2:30pm Sunday Afternoon.

Not complaining though - the games so far have been wonderful.

hawk
15-06-2014, 09:12 PM

youve gotta watch the uru costa game. exactly how underdogs can go about taking down a "big" side. Japan did well against coit

tourney has been great. Good to see refs ignoring some dives too

q-money
15-06-2014, 09:53 PM
italy with a very polished performance this morning, pros.

england have some great talent but are still carrying some blokes who should give it up (rooney, gerrard)

japan have big issues in the net, honda's goal was tremendous but **** he threw some honking passes that he really should have been making.

goaliepersempre
16-06-2014, 01:51 AM
HERE WE GO..... Hopp Schwiiz

belchardo
16-06-2014, 02:14 AM
Flicked it on and thought "gee the Swiss fans have travelled in big numbers". Turns out they're the seats. :blush:

pv4
16-06-2014, 02:26 AM
Flicked it on and thought "gee the Swiss fans have travelled in big numbers". Turns out they're the seats. :blush:

:rof:

belchardo
16-06-2014, 02:28 AM
Dumb foul, good free kick, terrible marking.

pv4
16-06-2014, 02:56 AM
Switzerland for the most part have looked pretty convincing up until the final third. They've been lost for ideas up top. But that last 10 minutes they started to thread through and looked good.

I expect drmic to get a lot more ball to feet in this second half with those nippy guys running off him and I won't be surprised if this score blows out because of it.

Ps Lucy Zelic is a babe.

pv4
16-06-2014, 03:11 AM
Goaliepersempre came through with the greatest prediction I've seen yet just before. Talking to him on fb he says "we should take stocker off and put mehmedi on". Insane.

pv4
16-06-2014, 03:17 AM
Fail to see how that wasn't a penalty but fred's and even costa's was.

pv4
16-06-2014, 03:30 AM
Drmic robbed, not offside. Has opened up so much this half

pv4
16-06-2014, 04:00 AM
Really, really enjoyed that Swiss game.

Grimario
16-06-2014, 05:16 AM
Woke up at 6am Friday morning. Went to sleep 2:30pm Sunday Afternoon.

Not complaining though - the games so far have been wonderful.

I slept for a few hours on Saturday... 3-8 or so but yeah, done the same. Up at 4:30 to watch France v Honduras, ffs, then off to work as soon as it finishes. Mental case.

pv4
16-06-2014, 06:02 AM
This has been my least favourite game of the tournament so far.

Honduras are the worst team I've watched yet.

France love their diving. Pogba should be off the field but Palacios is.

Grimario
16-06-2014, 06:07 AM
Probably my least favourite on account of only one team showing up. At least every other game I have seen, both sides were trying to win.

And that Benzema goal, I may need a towel. Beautiful.

Okay, so it's an own goal. That's like getting hit on be a hot girl only to find out that it's The Crying Game all over again.

plague
16-06-2014, 06:14 AM
Probably my least favourite on account of only one team showing up. At least every other game I have seen, both sides were trying to win.

And that Benzema goal, I may need a towel. Beautiful.

Okay, so it's an own goal. That's like getting hit on be a hot girl only to find out that it's The Crying Game all over again.

The FIFA's should disband goal line technology immediately.
Ref was spot on, using his eyes. Great call. Who needs it.

Great goal and I like Benzema, but seriously, **** France.
France are the worst.
#nonasrinoparty

leftrightout
16-06-2014, 08:10 AM
#nonasrinoparty

Watching them play, i can seriously not believe he is not in the squad! Its a joke!
I think the manager tried to deny his GVE like grudge against him!

leftrightout
16-06-2014, 08:11 AM
This has been my least favourite game of the tournament so far.

Honduras are the worst team I've watched yet.

France love their diving. Pogba should be off the field but Palacios is.

Hondurus were painful to watch, going down all the time, kicking the shit out of france. Underdogs usually gain fans but i cannot see them getting any new ones.

My first thought was Pogba should have been sent aswell... Beckham was sent for less than that!

leftrightout
16-06-2014, 08:12 AM
Argies 1-0 after 2 mins!

MFKS
16-06-2014, 08:25 AM
Went to the France v Honduras affair

The replays at the ground are shit??

Firstly what happened with the Pogba mêlée. It looked to me that he kicked out and should have got red??

What also happened with the goal line technology matter for the 2nd goal. At the ground it came up no goal on the replay yet it was given?? Confused as ****

leftrightout
16-06-2014, 08:54 AM
Went to the France v Honduras affair

The replays at the ground are shit??

Firstly what happened with the Pogba mêlée. It looked to me that he kicked out and should have got red??

What also happened with the goal line technology matter for the 2nd goal. At the ground it came up no goal on the replay yet it was given?? Confused as ****

Palacios stood on Pogbas leg in the challenge (could have been intentional) and pogba kicked out at him in retaliation. First thought into my head was red card, but it really wasnt that bad.

With the goal, benzima hit the post and the ball didnt cross the line, it came back to the keeper and he dropped it over the line before he regathered it. Benzima shot = no goal. Keeper drop = goal. On the broadcast they showed the benzima no goal part first, but it definitely went over the line in the end and was correctly awarded and own goal.

MFKS
16-06-2014, 09:02 AM
Fair enough

It was just odd cause at the ground it appeared on the big screen as no goal the ref had a conference with the 4th official and the goal stood. Couldn't for the life of us work out what was going on. They have obviously ****ed the replay system up at te ground. Could have seen a riot if the ground wasn't 90% full of neutrals.

FFS they have to get the replays right in those circumstances as at the ground we thought there was cheating going on

plague
16-06-2014, 11:15 AM
we thought there was cheating going on

At a FIFA event?
Absurd.

lquiquer
16-06-2014, 01:08 PM
H754
Attention: socceroos fans in Porto Alegre please wear red and blue as Dutch fans will wear red and yellow
Source: Newcastle Herald

plague
16-06-2014, 01:39 PM
H754
Attention: socceroos fans in Porto Alegre please wear red and blue as Dutch fans will wear red and yellow

Can't be right, I can't see the Panthers or the Eels anywhere on thier table.

Bremsstrahlung
16-06-2014, 02:00 PM
Just watched the end of the Swiss game. Holy wow. That has to be the best finish to a game i've seen in some time. both teams going at it.
I knew the final score, so i was waiting for the goal. But i concluded that it were Ecuador that scored and the score was muddled. But wow. I'm still in awe.

The last ditch tackle in their own 18yd when the guy was destined to score. The attempted foul to ruin the counter. Kudos to the referee here. he'd have a massive stiff one that an advantage was played and they scored. He gives a foul, game over 1-1. but wow. and the ball and run to the front stick was sublime. Wow. Some finish. Wish I was Goalie right now. Some game.

brb, cold shower time.

belchardo
16-06-2014, 02:05 PM
Just watched the end of the Swiss game. Holy wow. That has to be the best finish to a game i've seen in some time. both teams going at it.
I knew the final score, so i was waiting for the goal. But i concluded that it were Ecuador that scored and the score was muddled. But wow. I'm still in awe.

The last ditch tackle in their own 18yd when the guy was destined to score. The attempted foul to ruin the counter. Kudos to the referee here. he'd have a massive stiff one that an advantage was played and they scored. He gives a foul, game over 1-1. but wow. and the ball and run to the front stick was sublime. Wow. Some finish. Wish I was Goalie right now. Some game.

brb, cold shower time.

I thought shaqiri (on the right) was trying to play for the draw, but the dudes on the left had other ideas. fantastic finish. not sure how rodriguez(?) got his leg up that high to bring it under control at that speed.

Jeterpool
16-06-2014, 03:12 PM
H754

Wow...that's terrible editing.

Thomas477
16-06-2014, 03:24 PM
That's taking the whole Novocastrians should only support the red and blue a bit for, innit?

joel31
16-06-2014, 03:39 PM
youve gotta watch the uru costa game. exactly how underdogs can go about taking down a "big" side. Japan did well against coit

tourney has been great. Good to see refs ignoring some dives too
I watched a full match replay after that comment. Great game. Joel Campbell is a beast

Jeterpool
16-06-2014, 04:18 PM
I watched a full match replay after that comment. Great game. Joel Campbell is a beast

I haven't got to it yet, but will do now

Bremsstrahlung
16-06-2014, 08:14 PM
Are they all available on sbs?

goaliepersempre
16-06-2014, 10:34 PM
I thought shaqiri (on the right) was trying to play for the draw, but the dudes on the left had other ideas. fantastic finish. not sure how rodriguez(?) got his leg up that high to bring it under control at that speed.

Yeah Shaqiri pissed me of yesterday every now and then played football but then went into Guardiola mode like one pass right at the ned everyone was countering and he decides to pass the ball 30m backwards arghhhhhh...

Yeha PV4 was right, was just chatting with him at half time going stocker the little baby has done nothing, bring on mehmedi and boom :) :)

Rodriguez :fap: is by far one of my favorite players in the world... (i.e in test game over here a few weeks back was on the bench, as otmar the legend was just giving game time to others just suavely jogging around warming up not a care in the world, gets put on and boom gave the assist to a goal)...

Drmic goal was a brilliant piece of work but FFS the AR was 5m behind the play..... Robbed.

there was alot of missed passes in a game, which I think can go down to first game nerves getting fully acclimatised, (pretty sure we have been one of the later teams to go to brazil and no official test game there)

Behrami dissapointed me for most of the match, did all the hard work but just screwing up with passes. But all that is forgotten with that last minute effort. The tackle, the run, powered through the foul etc... Im confident with the bettering of our play due to our midfiled Inler Behrami playing together as regular cms for Napoli,

X factor when wants to turn it on shaqiri, Benaglio best keeper imo, plus 2 of the best outside defenders going in Rodgriguez and Lichtsteiner...

Anywho the world cup atmosphere here is amazing... (pitty exams today and tomorrow)

Cant wait to fly to Salvador on Thursday :)

parksey
16-06-2014, 10:40 PM
Gokan Inler is such a good player.

hawk
16-06-2014, 11:08 PM
sui v ecu game a bottler
Hon v Fra good 1st half sh1te 2nd
Bos v Arg pretty good. dzeko did fk all the rest did a great job

goaliepersempre
16-06-2014, 11:34 PM
Gokan Inler is such a good player.

might be playing in the same team as inler...... well gokans brother :P

belchardo
17-06-2014, 02:16 AM
Big call early on by the ref but can't really argue with the penalty.

Good push by the ref too on one of the portuguese, wish he'd given him a quick punch too.

WolfMan
17-06-2014, 02:18 AM
Sloppy defending, penalty for mine.

belchardo
17-06-2014, 02:51 AM
Crazy match.

Pepe :sigh: guess when your forehead is that big you want to use it for something. What an idiot. Hope every player is ripping into him in the sheds.

Portugal are verging on terrible, germany looking pretty darn good. Think they'll finish with 5.

belchardo
17-06-2014, 03:00 AM
May as well send pepe home now and save some accommodation expenses.

plague
17-06-2014, 03:02 AM
America/ESPN in meltdown, they aren't ready to explain to everyone that other players exist apart from Ronnie and Messi.

belchardo
17-06-2014, 03:23 AM
Just gets worse and worse for Portugal.

Bit of a snoozefest in the second half.

joel31
17-06-2014, 07:03 AM

Germany slowed down to retain energy for future matches but still had the chances for more goals

leftrightout
17-06-2014, 07:15 AM
What was the deal with the amount of empty seats at this game? I would have thought this one would be hard to get tickets to?

leftrightout
17-06-2014, 08:03 AM
USA score after 30 seconds

belchardo
17-06-2014, 08:24 AM
the Germany v Portugal match reaffirmed everything I dislike about Ronaldo. I think he is a fantastic, skilful player who can singlehandedly win a match, but today he decided to sulk, whine, whinge, flounce and display many other acts of petulance that massively detract from his good qualities.

if I was the coach, I would have given him such a rocket at full time that he'd still be going up. you've had a player sent off, you're three goals down and all your captain wants to do is act like a spoilt four year old. how do you think that rubs off on the rest of the team???

halo se7en
17-06-2014, 08:34 AM
Put a few $$ on USA to lead at HT and the match to end in a draw… so far so good. Ghana have had the better of the match since the goal.

leftrightout
17-06-2014, 08:38 AM
Klinsmann, most casual coach going around. Everyone else is suited up, he is in untucked polo and trousers!

leftrightout
17-06-2014, 08:39 AM
Put a few $$ on USA to lead at HT and the match to end in a draw… so far so good. Ghana have had the better of the match since the goal.

Yeah looks good if USA can hold out until half time. Ghana definitely having the better of the play.

leftrightout
17-06-2014, 08:57 AM
Does anyone else think Clint Bolton looks stoned on this coverage?

Grimario
17-06-2014, 09:17 AM
Does anyone else think Clint Bolton looks stoned on this coverage?

If he looks anything like he did the other day, only half stoned. One eye was fine, the other one looked horrendous.

GazFish35
17-06-2014, 09:35 AM
i think he has Pink eye.

maybe kalac pinned him down in the green room and farted in his face.

Grimario
17-06-2014, 09:40 AM
Of all the people they have on there, Bootsa is the one that just seems to have a great TV presence. Doesn't stumble over his thoughts like Zelic, actually seems to have thoughts unlike Zdrila and has some personality unlike pretty much everyone else.

la bazzle
17-06-2014, 09:54 AM
Germany were immense, surprise surprise Ronaldo goes missing in a big game. When there was a one man wall and he was 40 out... Hit the one guy in the shins lololol

MFKS
17-06-2014, 10:14 AM
Portugal tactics were shit. The entire game plan revolved around CR7 not exactly hard to curtail by keeping him under close watch

Pepe is a class 1 nutter

WolfMan
17-06-2014, 10:10 PM

Good call. I actually went back to bed at Half Time. Could see what was going to happen. So far, the only game that has bored me (mind you, I haven't watched every single game. Most though)

hawk
17-06-2014, 10:27 PM
GER v POR - lol POR capitulated soft send off but pepe is a goose

IRA v NIG - great game for 0-0. Nig thought they they could waltz through some similar lazy African defence. Welcome to asian football biartches. IRA get 13 behind the ball and nip like blue healers all game than pinch something on the break. At least they tried to break numerous times

GHA v USA - another great game. GHA were dynamic but haphazard when going forward. Muntari got the rags turned into dirty gypo. Prince BT class

leftrightout
18-06-2014, 03:00 AM
Belgium looking average so far. A lot of ball, doing sweet FA with it!

Frodo
18-06-2014, 07:00 AM
How freaking good is Guillermo Ochoa? Mexico played amazing but he was a beast in goals.

WolfMan
18-06-2014, 07:04 AM
How freaking good is Guillermo Ochoa? Mexico played amazing but he was a beast in goals.

+1,000

So good. Another great game to watch

leftrightout
18-06-2014, 07:28 AM
+1,000

So good. Another great game to watch

Yeah some amazing saves. In saying that, i think Silva's was more a bad miss. He had a lot of goals to aim at and picked the only spot that could possibly be saved.

Might have been 0-0 draw but as you said was hugely entertaining. It was alot more entertaining than belgium 2-1 win!

lquiquer
18-06-2014, 08:26 PM
Bit late, just wanted to add f**k Ronaldo. GerMANY goals, PortuNOGOAL. #lquiquerpuns

furns
18-06-2014, 09:24 PM
The Big Game Bottler is back baby

Jeterpool
18-06-2014, 10:05 PM
Belgium looking average so far. A lot of ball, doing sweet FA with it!

They didn't really convince me today. Offered very little in front third. Algeria parked the bus Chelsea style to be fair

Agree. One if the performances of the competition so far

lquiquer
18-06-2014, 10:38 PM
Agree. One if the performances of the competition so far
For sure and I think he is not contracted to any club at the moment, he is not staying in Corsica because Ajaccio going down to league 2

hawk
18-06-2014, 11:24 PM
BEL v ALG frustrating game. slow predictable BEL v park bus offer no attack ALG. Fair pen to alg. Wilmots finally puts on some attacking players on they score 2 goals. Bel will have to learn that slowly strutting the park with decent players wont win jack. Alg defended well but offered nothing forward all game got the sooks when they deservedly went behind, fk them.
Nice to see Alg praying to Griff after their goal.

BRA v MEX sprightly game. bra were pressed fairly well but fast attack and had the best chances. Mex have a great touch and move the ball well and probs have my fav style of play just shoot it below the bar fking. yep ochoa

RUS v SKOR both teams looked like they were learning how to play, 1st half gravy, 2nd better. Some good names in this one but shatoff was boss.

plague
19-06-2014, 05:11 AM
Reports that a hundred odd Chile fans without tickets stormed through the media centre at the stadium trying to get in.
Some then had a sit in coz they couldn't find their way out.
Now that's proper World Cup behaviour.

Grimario
19-06-2014, 05:37 AM
Spain so shit. Really need them to win si we Gabe a chance but they just look rubbish

pv4
19-06-2014, 05:59 AM
Spain just look lost for thought in chile's half. They also have a serious lack of movement in the front third. Costa just doesn't look like he fits in the team.

They need cesc.

Grimario
19-06-2014, 06:37 AM
Agreed on Costa. He'd fit in at the jets.

joel31
19-06-2014, 06:58 AM
Now Spain are officially out and so are we

pv4
19-06-2014, 08:48 AM
Alex Song is such an idiot.

Gee this Cameroon team are poor.

leftrightout
19-06-2014, 09:52 AM
Alex Song is such an idiot.

Gee this Cameroon team are poor.

Really horrible, worst team i have seen so far. Yep, worse than Hondurus!
Croatia could have won by alot more

Jetmaster
19-06-2014, 09:58 AM
Highest ranked and lowest ranked teams first to be eliminated.

Anything less than a win next match puts Spain bottom of the group !

Jeterpool
19-06-2014, 10:01 AM
BEL v ALG frustrating game. slow predictable BEL v park bus offer no attack ALG. Fair pen to alg. Wilmots finally puts on some attacking players on they score 2 goals. Bel will have to learn that slowly strutting the park with decent players wont win jack. Alg defended well but offered nothing forward all game got the sooks when they deservedly went behind, fk them.
Nice to see Alg praying to Griff after their goal.

BRA v MEX sprightly game. bra were pressed fairly well but fast attack and had the best chances. Mex have a great touch and move the ball well and probs have my fav style of play just shoot it below the bar fking. yep ochoa

RUS v SKOR both teams looked like they were learning how to play, 1st half gravy, 2nd better. Some good names in this one but shatoff was boss.

Pretty much

Jeterpool
19-06-2014, 10:02 AM
Anyone else see the air Jordan tattoo on the neck of Vargas

pv4
19-06-2014, 10:17 AM
Really horrible, worst team i have seen so far. Yep, worse than Hondurus!
Croatia could have won by alot more

I would say Cameroon looked a little better than Honduras in attack but that Cameroon defence is the worst I've seen, easily. Brazil could do some serious damage if they feel they want to attack Cameroon when they play.

leftrightout
19-06-2014, 11:08 AM
Highest ranked and lowest ranked teams first to be eliminated.

Anything less than a win next match puts Spain bottom of the group !

That is bizzare isnt it! Only at the world cup...

leftrightout
19-06-2014, 11:10 AM
I would say Cameroon looked a little better than Honduras in attack but that Cameroon defence is the worst I've seen, easily. Brazil could do some serious damage if they feel they want to attack Cameroon when they play.

What was the keeper doing for the 2nd goal (i think it was). He left a gap big enough at his near post you could drive a truck through and he still dove away to cover his far post!
Im not keeper but it looked absolutely ridiculous to me.

pv4
19-06-2014, 11:13 AM
He was out of his depth as it was his poor ball that gave perisic the ball. He needed to rush perisic when he took that massive touch inside the box but he stayed on his line. Mandzukic obviously was going to beat his man so the keeper had to decide either block the cross or shot and he chose wrong.

That keeper had many lol worthy moments, definately do not rate.

WolfMan
19-06-2014, 12:25 PM
Anyone else see the air Jordan tattoo on the neck of Vargas

Spotted it. Wondered why he would have that. Forgot all about it when Cahill struck

turbo
20-06-2014, 04:46 AM
Squeaky bum time...

Bremsstrahlung
20-06-2014, 05:41 AM
Suarez! Glad he's got one. Uruguay missed him first match. Him and cavani linking well.

England just look unlucky...

turbo
20-06-2014, 05:50 AM
How the **** are they still playing with 11 men? It's almost as though the chief of our fa personally insulted sep Blatter.

Bremsstrahlung
20-06-2014, 06:13 AM
Ibrahimovic!!!! Wish it were them than Portugal!

Bremsstrahlung
20-06-2014, 06:23 AM
Ps. Wtf are they doing with boots these days.
1. Fluro shit.
2. Those zebra things
3. The one blue boot, one pink boot.
FFS. Get some copas and grow a pair.

Also, how the whole lay motionless on the pitch, pretending to be unconscious. The play acting in our sport is terrible. Doesn't help the cause. Granted, Australians from what I recall, rarely go down and roll around. But watching these so called powerhouses, they all do it.

Bremsstrahlung
20-06-2014, 06:24 AM
If gerrard gets one for like his first tackle all game, surely 6-7 Uruguayans should be on a yellow .

turbo
20-06-2014, 07:04 AM
No class, not good enough. We created a few chances, more than Uruguay, but we're undone by a guy who hasn't played in two months.

Frodo
20-06-2014, 07:05 AM
I couldn't give a toss that England are going out this early (They were never going to win with Hodgson as coach.) But i hate watching Uruguay play more than any other team. Watching those filthy scumbags foul the shit out of someone and then fall around like they've been stabbed in the eye makes me hate football.

Luckily Italy are too smart a team to fall for it and they will be out at the group stage.

leftrightout
20-06-2014, 07:21 AM
So Italy and Costa Rica to go through... hope so because i ****ing hate Uruguay.
Positive of this morning is England all but gone! hahahaha it just always makes for a good day when England fail!

lquiquer
20-06-2014, 12:43 PM
... hope so because i ****ing hate Uruguay.

WolfMan
21-06-2014, 02:44 AM
Nailed-on penalty not awarded for Costa Rica. Referee is gonna lose this match by the end

WolfMan
21-06-2014, 02:45 AM
and now goal-line tech comes into play. Costa Rica get their deserved goal

leftrightout
21-06-2014, 02:53 AM
Nailed-on penalty not awarded for Costa Rica. Referee is gonna lose this match by the end

When you see some pens that have been given, Costa Rica have every right to blow up there. Clear as day penalty!
Edwards - what a player. That guy is playing so well. He looks near unplayable at the moment!

turbo
21-06-2014, 03:50 AM
So Italy reckon it's better to finish 2nd in the group then?

la bazzle
21-06-2014, 04:19 AM
I love this World Cup that was awesome.

la bazzle
21-06-2014, 04:27 AM
Lol England by the way, sing about the planes in WWII some more lololol rubbish since 66

Bremsstrahlung
21-06-2014, 06:32 AM
France running riot.
Actually don't think Switzerland are playing badly, just France are on fire.

How was Costa Rica game? So costa rica through, Italy to play Uruguay for last spot. England gone skies.

Bremsstrahlung
21-06-2014, 08:52 AM
Also, these commentators are f**king useless.
Honduras goal disallowed because of handball (referee explaining numerous times to players by holding his arm out and tapping it). Commentators reckon he called an offside despite his assistant not flagging. The subsequent free kick was also a direct free kick, not an indirect free kick.

Replays showed he was marginally offside anyway, and from the replays they showed, it appears to come off the arm and side of his body, so good call regardless.

EDIT: lolololol it was Ben Williams.
Even our SBS commentators realised it was for handball.

Thomas477
21-06-2014, 09:14 AM
Has to have been Ben Williams, no other country would allow a referee of his standard to ref in the cup.

boz-monaut
21-06-2014, 09:52 AM
Ben Williams, it's not just us who think he's shit

Jeterpool
21-06-2014, 10:10 AM
France running riot.
Actually don't think Switzerland are playing badly, just France are on fire.

How was Costa Rica game? So costa rica through, Italy to play Uruguay for last spot. England gone skies.

I found it a struggle to be honest. It was played in the middle of the park where an attack would occur and they'd lose it, then repeat. Italy didn't seem to create much.

Balotelli didn't have one of his best games. To be honest, I lasted 40 minutes and then started fast forwarding.

Jeterpool
21-06-2014, 10:21 AM
Overall, this tournament has been fantastic. I thought, given the climate, teams would sit back and just pass it around and there'd be very few goals.

How wrong I was. Most teams have come here wanting to attack. I expect that will subside come the later stages of the tournament, but the goals per game ratio have certainly shut a few non-football fans up.

Bremsstrahlung
21-06-2014, 10:30 AM
Overall, this tournament has been fantastic. I thought, given the climate, teams would sit back and just pass it around and there'd be very few goals.

How wrong I was. Most teams have come here wanting to attack. I expect that will subside come the later stages of the tournament, but the goals per game ratio have certainly shut a few non-football fans up.

Great advertisement for the game.
Housemate who was very anti-football (didn't know this before) prior to my influence, is now waking up at 5am to watch games. A lot of people I work with are League fans, and always whinge about lack of goals, no they're commenting on how entertaining games are. Small demographics, but the next 9 months in Australia has potential to recruit a number of new fans. With the world cup being so attacking and entertaining, Villa and a few other hopefully playing in the league, and Asian cup we can gain quite a few. (Hopefully the asian teams don't bring their diving and carry on).

I hate to tempt fate. But if we can get a result against Spain, could do wonders.

hawk
21-06-2014, 10:58 AM
Ticos make ital look like cheap hoars. Press defence and one touch playout from the back is perfection. refs keep looking after the big teams, cheilini hack in the box let go but if its aus pen and red card ref knts.

Eng are jokes, slow predictable and weak at the back. should make em walk home. Wish they were in our group cause we’d do those twats.

parksey
21-06-2014, 11:03 AM
Lol England by the way, sing about the planes in WWII some more lololol rubbish since 66

aren't you like half english?

hawk
21-06-2014, 11:30 AM
Swiz weren’t allowed to play against frogs, penalised if they got to close thus all the space. French were allowed to do what they wanted. Potential good game ruined thanks kvnt in blue. btw french way to much class

Jeterpool
21-06-2014, 06:20 PM
Great advertisement for the game.
Housemate who was very anti-football (didn't know this before) prior to my influence, is now waking up at 5am to watch games. A lot of people I work with are League fans, and always whinge about lack of goals, no they're commenting on how entertaining games are. Small demographics, but the next 9 months in Australia has potential to recruit a number of new fans. With the world cup being so attacking and entertaining, Villa and a few other hopefully playing in the league, and Asian cup we can gain quite a few. (Hopefully the asian teams don't bring their diving and carry on).

I hate to tempt fate. But if we can get a result against Spain, could do wonders.

Good post

la bazzle
21-06-2014, 06:21 PM
aren't you like half english?

I'm bloody strayan mate

hawk
21-06-2014, 11:24 PM
Small demographics, but the next 9 months in Australia has potential to recruit a number of new fans. With the world cup being so attacking and entertaining, Villa and a few other hopefully playing in the league, and Asian cup we can gain quite a few. (Hopefully the asian teams don't bring their diving and carry on).

it may be but I feel the slow take up of english wog ball in this country is due to the new branding and professional development of the game and a slow cultural shift. but save this chat for later. what were the only 2 team ball sports in this town in the 1880's?

Spain should regain form very soon

turbo
22-06-2014, 05:45 AM
How good were France like? Jesus they'll take some stopping, i still can't bring myself to "support" them though despite a cuple of toon players starting for them. Anyway Debuchy at least will probably be away after the world cup

We might only have one star above the badge but it's one more than you. :lol:

hawk
22-06-2014, 09:35 AM
iran arg great game. Iran on the break nearly had 3 goals. Now im no fan of Iran but why no pen. thats because the seeded teams are still protected cvnts by the cheatin refs. Iran defended well and within the rules call it negative but effective. Arg were very patient and stayed positive, excellent finish by messi
Minor note iran subs were urged to run off and did when arg finally got in front dimaria told the ref to fk off when asked to jog off. This tourney is turning into fking joke that offers no chance for a weak team to possibly play fair and create an upset. No wonder the same teams make the finals. So called best teams are not winning on merit is drivng me insane. I wonder if theres some mad brazilians who are willing to fix fifa officals

furns
22-06-2014, 10:46 AM
We might only have one star above the badge but it's one more than you. :lol:You aint that far ahead considering you had a hundred year start on us :p

turbo
22-06-2014, 09:08 PM
Nobody in England cares though Furns.

I've spent a fair chunk of time down under, I love Australia and fingers crossed will be returning next jan/feb. I've been using this forum off and on since '03 and I'll continue to visit (particularly around tournament time) to get the real Aussie blokes take on things.

I was reading the Sydney morning herald a few weeks ago and tim Cahill claimed that the current socceroos were as good as '06, the coach was every bit as good hiddink and that he expected a successful tournament. Now if Wayne Rooney had said that I'm certain it would be perceived outside of England as "typical deluded Englishman, thinks they're a contender, can't wait to laugh at them when they go out etc"
So I come on here to get the real opinions of Aussies who like myself watch the tournament in the pub, but then I read the same old lolz when england fall short of these expectations we're supposed to have. Which always puzzles me because in England the views on the socceroos would vary between mild support and total indifference.

la bazzle
23-06-2014, 03:48 PM
Really? We're Australia, we love watching England fail basically at any sport. That's the way it is when u have an imperial master. Also many lols people have are more directed to Aussies that support the poms or expats here that love to talk trash about us (much the same way we do when England lose). Of course England are indifferent to us we're nowhere near big enough in football for many teams to concern themselves with, much the same way id imagine Germans view the poms, a plucky little side that try's hard but can't really compete with the big boys.

Timmys comments should be looked at in context though a) success for us is getting out of the group stage. When he says success winning it... Come on lololol. B) he said this when all the experts and former players were bagging the team and anges selections, saying we'd lose every game 5-0, of course Timmy has to back the boys gee whizz

parksey
23-06-2014, 06:42 PM
luv u timmy

turbo
24-06-2014, 01:39 AM
Really? We're Australia, we love watching England fail basically at any sport. That's the way it is when u have an imperial master. Also many lols people have are more directed to Aussies that support the poms or expats here that love to talk trash about us (much the same way we do when England lose). Of course England are indifferent to us we're nowhere near big enough in football for many teams to concern themselves with, much the same way id imagine Germans view the poms, a plucky little side that try's hard but can't really compete with the big boys.

Seriously? There are Aussies that would lend support to England during the World Cup? I have honestly never met one, not a single person. It's always been the other way around, some are indifferent others have massive chips.

For us i think it's different if you're into cricket or rugby, english fans probably love watching Australia lose at those sports. But as cricket / rugby mean next to **** all to me or anyone i know then Autstralias fortunes in those sports means even less. Don't get me wrong i do watch those sports, i seen NZ v ENG saturday morning, but losing a test series to the All Blacks was forgotton about by the time i'd finished making some toast. (it was early am)

Timmys comments should be looked at in context though a) success for us is getting out of the group stage. When he says success winning it... Come on lololol. B) he said this when all the experts and former players were bagging the team and anges selections, saying we'd lose every game 5-0, of course Timmy has to back the boys gee whizz

Which is pretty much what i tell Aussies when they're laughing at Roy Hodgson post match comments, or the super deluded Stevie G's claims that we've played well. What do you expect him to say?

la bazzle
24-06-2014, 04:54 AM
Nah trust me there's plenty of Aussies who support England. A lot of it might come from the days when oz never made the World Cup, most of us do have a second team because of this. These are the people that I'm normally trying to irritate with anti-English ramblings.

I don't dislike England because of anything they've said in the media, geez they're all coached by PR guys to say the same bullshit over and over again. Should always be taken with a grain of salt.

turbo
24-06-2014, 06:29 AM
I'm on a few aussie forums, there are many grains of salt.

And if David Luiz is worth £50m im worth at least £40m.

Jeterpool
24-06-2014, 08:40 AM
Seriously? There are Aussies that would lend support to England during the World Cup? I have honestly never met one, not a single person. It's always been the other way around, some are indifferent others have massive chips.

For us i think it's different if you're into cricket or rugby, english fans probably love watching Australia lose at those sports. But as cricket / rugby mean next to **** all to me or anyone i know then Autstralias fortunes in those sports means even less. Don't get me wrong i do watch those sports, i seen NZ v ENG saturday morning, but losing a test series to the All Blacks was forgotton about by the time i'd finished making some toast. (it was early am)

Which is pretty much what i tell Aussies when they're laughing at Roy Hodgson post match comments, or the super deluded Stevie G's claims that we've played well. What do you expect him to say?

I follow England as a second team, turbo. Maybe it's because of me following the prem, but I follow the prem, and Liverpool for that matter, because I watched England at the 98 World Cup.

pv4
24-06-2014, 09:06 AM
I have a weird view on the English national team.

In terms of the EPL, I am always so keen on getting the best players from around the world into the comp as I love the idea of it being the strongest comp in the world as it's the most easily watchable for us Australians. I love the German influx that Arsenal has, and whenever some obscure foreign player does well I'm always praying we can get him for a bargain. I rarely entertain the thought of signing English players as the inflation of price on them is just ridiculous. And I just LOVE the media circus of the EPL. I probably enjoy that moreso than actually supporting Arsenal.

But when it comes to the English National Team, I'm one of the first to get on the high horse and say that the problem lies in the fact that the EPL is overrun by foreigners, that the nation kicks itself in the foot with it all, and am all too happy to just slam the media circus surrounding it for how detrimental it is to the team.

So basically everything I hope for in the national league, greatly affects the national team and I both feel happy that the national league goes so well, but also have a good lol at the national team :rof:

WolfMan
24-06-2014, 04:30 PM
So pumped for Italy v Uruguay I'm the morning. Classic battle, to the victor go the spoils

Premy
24-06-2014, 05:19 PM
I'm completely split 50/50 when it comes to supporting England and Australia, due to the fact of growing up with a very patriotic father and 6 uncles who were all born in Blackpool England. Supporting England was never something that was forced on me it was mainly due to watching sport at all hours of the morning yelling at the TV with the old man, by the time I was old enough to know better I was already hooked on England and the jubilation but mostly pain that came along with supporting them.

Jeterpool
24-06-2014, 06:21 PM
So pumped for Italy v Uruguay I'm the morning. Classic battle, to the victor go the spoils

True!

hawk
25-06-2014, 12:15 AM
Nah trust me there's plenty of Aussies who support England. A lot of it might come from the days when oz never made the World Cup, most of us do have a second team because of this. These are the people that I'm normally trying to irritate with anti-English ramblings. .

this fo sure when aus could only dream about going to watch the cup. Eng are now a bunch of slow hacks. Mex always play a better brand.

belchardo
25-06-2014, 02:14 AM
God there is a lot of "fouls" in this game.

I predict 2 reds and 4 goals by the end.

leftrightout
25-06-2014, 02:17 AM
It's incredible, the difference in picture quality from sbsone hd and sbs two. I've never noticed it being that significant. Is there always such a difference in quality or is sbs two and standard sbsone just especially bad for the football broadcast?

WolfMan
25-06-2014, 02:45 AM
It's incredible, the difference in picture quality from sbsone hd and sbs two. I've never noticed it being that significant. Is there always such a difference in quality or is sbs two and standard sbsone just especially bad for the football broadcast?

HD anything is markedly different to Standard Def. We were all just used to SD all those years. It's like going back and playing a Sega Master System (which I sometimes do btw, Alex Kidd FTW). We all thought those graphics would "never get better". They did, and now everything pales in comparison

belchardo
25-06-2014, 03:20 AM
That's one red.

Disgusting behaviour by italy. FIFA need to deal with that kind of shit.

leftrightout
25-06-2014, 03:25 AM
That's one red.

Disgusting behaviour by italy. FIFA need to deal with that kind of shit.

Seriously, how can you do that and then sit there and whinge to the ref when he sends you? It was literally 2m from ref, right in front of him.
Credit to the Uruguay player, he actually didn't roll around on the ground like he had been shot. He just got up, unusual for a South American (or just any footballer these days)

belchardo
25-06-2014, 03:40 AM
Suarez is a dog.

I can never decide who i hate more, italy or uruguay.

westjet
25-06-2014, 03:43 AM
What the hell goes through suarez's head. Surely he has to be rubbed out for the rest of the tournament for that. You reckon he would learn after 2 suspensions for biting?

leftrightout
25-06-2014, 03:53 AM
What the hell goes through suarez's head. Surely he has to be rubbed out for the rest of the tournament for that. You reckon he would learn after 2 suspensions for biting?

Problem is you can't really see what he did on the footage and you wouldn't trust the Italians as far as you can throw them. Nothing will come of it in my opinion.
It's funny I was watching most of the game thinking I don't want Italy to go through, that incident happened and it made me change my mind, **** Uruguay, and they score straight away! I think it's my support that hurts teams!

westjet
25-06-2014, 04:02 AM
Problem is you can't really see what he did on the footage and you wouldn't trust the Italians as far as you can throw them. Nothing will come of it in my opinion.

Looks pretty clear on replay to me.

la bazzle
25-06-2014, 04:52 AM
This could work out perfectly, Italy are out Suarez gets suspended Uruguay are out. Happy days all round! How bout England's exit by the way.... Gee whizz.

belchardo
25-06-2014, 06:24 AM
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2014/6/24/1403634000295/Italys-Giorgio-Chiellini--019.jpg

pv4
25-06-2014, 07:21 AM
Suarez needs to be banned from all football for at the very least a year IMO, but I genuinely think for life would be better.

Anyone who disagrees that his ban should be anything less than a year can srsly ESAD. It is disgusting, dangerous behaviour that he has repeated THREE TIMES and is the most embarrassing thing I've ever seen from a footballer. And to top it off - he dives after he bites people, are you fxxxing kidding me.

I'm so, so angry about this.

Jeterpool
25-06-2014, 07:41 AM
You can't defend Suarez over that one. That's terrible.

leftrightout
25-06-2014, 08:02 AM
Looks pretty clear on replay to me.
He put his head that way and his mouth would have been around the area in question, but it is not conclusive. It is not as clear as his grubby act against chelsea. Who knows what that mark is on the blokes shoulder was, only the people that could see it first hand could say it was bite marks.

Im not trying to defend what he did, i really quite hate the bloke. I dont think he is worth the trouble and wouldnt want him at my club. Im just saying that it does look like something has happened but you cannot say he definitely did bite the bloke.

belchardo
25-06-2014, 08:03 AM
You can't defend Suarez over that one. That's terrible.

yes you can: "in challenging for the ball, I ran into his shoulder. as I'd just sprinted 30 metres my mouth was open trying to get my breath back and the force of the impact forced my jaw closed"

I would almost guarantee that will be his defence and he will probably get off. we all know he did it (in my opinion he tried to headbutt the Italian but realised he couldn't get there so went for the bite), FIFA knows he did, Uruguay know he did it, but I very much doubt anybody will be able to categorically prove it. happy to be proven wrong, but don't think I will be.

agree with pv4 that a year would be an appropriate minimum suspension.

leftrightout
25-06-2014, 08:08 AM
yes you can: "in challenging for the ball, I ran into his shoulder. as I'd just sprinted 30 metres my mouth was open trying to get my breath back and the force of the impact forced my jaw closed"

I would almost guarantee that will be his defence and he will probably get off. we all know he did it (in my opinion he tried to headbutt the Italian but realised he couldn't get there so went for the bite), FIFA knows he did, Uruguay know he did it, but I very much doubt anybody will be able to categorically prove it. happy to be proven wrong, but don't think I will be.

agree with pv4 that a year would be an appropriate minimum suspension.

This is exactly what i was thinking. The footage (unless there are other angles not yet seen) doesnt show it clear enough.

Bremsstrahlung
25-06-2014, 08:11 AM
Oh suarez. Another brain-snap.

Bremsstrahlung
25-06-2014, 08:12 AM
Slept through my alarms this morning. Looked at scores...didn't miss much.

belchardo
25-06-2014, 08:21 AM
Fifa’s disciplinary code has the scope to suspend a player for a maximum of 24 matches – which, technically, can include club games but, in practice, tends to be only internationals.

would be complete bull if it were only internationals. and only 24 matches!

leftrightout
25-06-2014, 08:29 AM
Slept through my alarms this morning. Looked at scores...didn't miss much.

Nah the 2am games werent overly exciting. The 6am games however, this world cup just keeps banging them out.... absolutely brilliant, didnt know which one to watch!

joel31
25-06-2014, 08:47 AM
Italy game was soo boring

snake
25-06-2014, 09:03 AM
i just can't get enough :wub:

Bremsstrahlung
25-06-2014, 09:20 AM
Why can't he just make a shit tackle and break some bodies leg, or headbutt somebody or stomp on their balls when they are on the ground.
Least then everybody would let him get off easy.

pv4
25-06-2014, 09:20 AM
http://a.pomf.se/phdzcy.gif

Can't defend it.

Ban him for life.

Fine Liverpool for employing a racist cannibal.

leftrightout
25-06-2014, 09:23 AM
http://a.pomf.se/phdzcy.gif

Can't defend it.

Ban him for life.

Yep that looks a lot more conclusive to me. I assumed there would be other camera angles which would show more. The mark shown before would be in the right spot as well.
As i said, i wasnt defending him, just doing the whole innocent until proven guilty and thats enough for me!
Biggest dog ever!

Bon
25-06-2014, 09:23 AM
Apparently in Norway you were actually able to have a bet on this occurring..

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/the-best-world-cup-bet-ever-norwegian-took-a-punt-on-luis-suarez-biting-someone/

Thomas477
25-06-2014, 09:24 AM
Suarez needs to be banned from all football for at the very least a year IMO, but I genuinely think for life would be better.

Anyone who disagrees that his ban should be anything less than a year can srsly ESAD. It is disgusting, dangerous behaviour that he has repeated THREE TIMES and is the most embarrassing thing I've ever seen from a footballer. And to top it off - he dives after he bites people, are you fxxxing kidding me.

I'm so, so angry about this.

This. Not a good look for Liverpool either tbh. He's getting to be a distraction to the rest of the team, not unlike Barlotelli for City.

Jeterpool
25-06-2014, 09:25 AM

OK. You can't sensibly defend it. Something about world cups must just make his go loco.

Bremsstrahlung
25-06-2014, 09:27 AM
Behead him.

leftrightout
25-06-2014, 09:29 AM
Apparently in Norway you were actually able to have a bet on this occurring..

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/the-best-world-cup-bet-ever-norwegian-took-a-punt-on-luis-suarez-biting-someone/

hahahahah :lulz:

Premy
25-06-2014, 09:58 AM
FFS now we won't be able to cash in on him a get Sanchez for it. I had moved on from the Evra and Ivanovic incidents and I genuinely believed he had removed that shit from his game but know I just want him gone from our club.

Bon
25-06-2014, 10:11 AM
I was reading that one theory was that he read the blokes jersey wrong and thought it said Cannelloni..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpaOy8b8X6A

Bremsstrahlung
25-06-2014, 10:16 AM
FFS now we won't be able to cash in on him a get Sanchez for it. I had moved on from the Evra and Ivanovic incidents and I genuinely believed he had removed that shit from his game but know I just want him gone from our club.

I feel sorry for the guy. He has potential to be the best in the world. But stupid shit like this, just alienates him and makes him a liability. The only positive, is that this time, it happened as part of a dodgy and ethically challenged uruguay team, not the red of Liverpool. I imagine Liverpool are carefully debating their stance on him. Great player, but the club can't continually stand by him, thus condoning his actions.

Bremsstrahlung
25-06-2014, 10:23 AM
http://38.media.tumblr.com/69975dae1ebb5cc9a1485a2cebea3ba2/tumblr_n7ostwKmHM1qf8isjo1_1280.jpg

leftrightout
25-06-2014, 10:46 AM
I feel sorry for the guy. He has potential to be the best in the world. But stupid shit like this, just alienates him and makes him a liability. The only positive, is that this time, it happened as part of a dodgy and ethically challenged uruguay team, not the red of Liverpool. I imagine Liverpool are carefully debating their stance on him. Great player, but the club can't continually stand by him, thus condoning his actions.

He also has done it on the biggest sporting stage in the world this time.
All the non football people who were hiding under a rock and missed his last meal are much more likey to hear and see this one

belchardo
25-06-2014, 11:13 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bq6-QwNCQAELv0b.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bq7BTLPIcAEuLP7.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bq6sUk_IUAAmw-d.jpg (http://twitter.com/WCGuruApp/status/481511683056488448/photo/1)

Jeterpool
25-06-2014, 11:39 AM
I feel sorry for the guy. He has potential to be the best in the world. But stupid shit like this, just alienates him and makes him a liability.

I don't feel sorry for him. He is responsible for his own actions.

pv4
25-06-2014, 11:42 AM
I feel sorry for whatever mental issues and/or evolution gaps he has.

Bremsstrahlung
25-06-2014, 11:55 AM
I don't feel sorry for him. He is responsible for his own actions.
Was more going for:

I feel sorry for whatever mental issues and/or evolution gaps he has.

belchardo
25-06-2014, 12:01 PM
conspiracy theory: suarez wants out of Liverpool, but the club he wants to go to don't want to splash the cash Liverpool want. suarez has a "brain snap", transfer fee drops, gets his dream move, new club happy to wear the penalty as in the past they generally only relate to international football.

/tin foil hat

can't remember what website I saw that suggested on.

Jeterpool
25-06-2014, 12:18 PM
Was more going for:

Ah, ok. Fair enough

Jeterpool
25-06-2014, 12:19 PM
conspiracy theory: suarez wants out of Liverpool, but the club he wants to go to don't want to splash the cash Liverpool want. suarez has a "brain snap", transfer fee drops, gets his dream move, new club happy to wear the penalty as in the past they generally only relate to international football.

/tin foil hat

Something of the like crossed my mind

parksey
25-06-2014, 01:04 PM
can't wait for rodgers/gerrard to come out with a statement defending suarez

leftrightout
25-06-2014, 01:26 PM

/tin foil hat

If i was behind a genius scheme (yes sarcasm) like thati would have gotten him to do something other than bite a player... though i suppose they know it works, you cant argue with results!

pv4
25-06-2014, 01:49 PM
can't wait for rodgers/gerrard to come out with a statement defending suarez

Liverpool round 1 of the EPL season to warm up in Suarez bite support t-shirts over their kit :rof:

plague
25-06-2014, 01:57 PM
It's a shame he doesn't play for Arsenal though coz then we'd all get to hear about Wenger not seeing it.

joel31
25-06-2014, 08:02 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t1.0-9/s526x296/10474181_623318974430453_2811748030860951583_n.jpg

boz-monaut
25-06-2014, 09:20 PM
Something of the like crossed my mindbut when you weight that up against the theory that he's a cun.t, with a history of biting people and being a cun.t, it looks pretty obvious that it's more likely that he's just a biting cun.t

sammydog
25-06-2014, 09:20 PM
The Wiggles take on the Suarez biting incident. Absolute comic gold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPnoLl3N45w&sns=tw

turbo
26-06-2014, 06:09 AM
Suarez is nutty as squirrel shit. I've played in a game where one of my team mates was bitten, it was either U9 or U11, I can't quite remember as it was so long ago. I think that sums up Suarez really he behaves like a child.

"People in England laughed at my attitude over the last few years, I'd like to know what they think now". - Suarez last week.

We think you're a ****ing crackpot mate, a racist petulant child. And trying to play down your actions last is more proof your attitude stinks. Personally I hope you're playing in another league next season or not playing at all.

pv4
26-06-2014, 06:59 AM
Suarez is nutty as squirrel shit. I've played in a game where one of my team mates was bitten, it was either U9 or U11, I can't quite remember as it was so long ago. I think that sums up Suarez really he behaves like a child.

"People in England laughed at my attitude over the last few years, I'd like to know what they think now". - Suarez last week.

We think you're a ****ing crackpot mate, a racist petulant child. And trying to play down your actions last is more proof your attitude stinks. Personally I hope you're playing in another league next season or not playing at all.

Well said turbz

turbo
26-06-2014, 07:00 AM
Anyone watching France v Ecuador? France are just coasting through to the next round really with the occasion glimpse of the class shown in the first two games. I think they could go all the way.

As a Newcastle fan it's difficult to believe this is the same Moussa Sissoko we see week in week out. Kinda highlights what an absolute goon Alan Pardew is.

Bremsstrahlung
26-06-2014, 07:55 AM
France made me miss out on $90 by not winning. FIFA match fixing right there.
France look good but, when they have their shooting boots on.

boz-monaut
26-06-2014, 08:16 AM
As a Newcastle fan it's difficult to believe this is the same Moussa Sissoko we see week in week out. Kinda highlights what an absolute goon Alan Pardew is.

it's just a case of an England fan not being used to seeing a step up in a player when they pull on the national team kit

turbo
26-06-2014, 09:42 AM
Nah Boz I'm fairly sure it's because playing for Newcastle is even more difficult than playing for England.

leftrightout
26-06-2014, 09:55 AM
That Shaqiri is a nugget of a player hey! Small but so strong and fast.
Im pretty sure liverpool were after him, they may need to increase their offer now!

Bremsstrahlung
26-06-2014, 10:15 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUmoqju0oR8

Bon
26-06-2014, 10:22 AM
Wow... Great moment..

q-money
26-06-2014, 10:30 AM
disappointing lack of biting

De-Champ
26-06-2014, 01:19 PM
disappointing lack of biting

yes...lucky for that kid it was not Suarez

parksey
26-06-2014, 03:33 PM

get off his back m8 he's a gr8 player the best in the world every1 makes misteaks ynwa

parksey
26-06-2014, 03:57 PM
how about that other guy who did that thing 1 tiem he was bad two it just happens in games ffs shut up omg how bout cantona?

plague
26-06-2014, 04:41 PM
I find it a bit hypocritical that FIFA want Suarez to change his ways yet still won't change themselves and thier own corrupt, deceitful ways.
Goose/Gander etc.
A kid got bitten at my lads pre-school today. Suarez already polluting the youth.
Death to biters and tyrants alike.

plague
26-06-2014, 05:03 PM
Alternatively, what if we just filed down Suarez' teeth and removed his voice box but still let him play?

He would still provide 'bums on seats' (c. John Singleton) yet not have that bitey/racisty thing going on.

That's a win for both the purists and modern football alike.

Not sure why some of you lot didn't think of it earlier TBH.

parksey
26-06-2014, 05:08 PM
so what if that kid bit some1 is he a gud player that's what we shud focus on

Bremsstrahlung
27-06-2014, 12:56 AM
Luis Suarez bite: Uruguay striker banned for four months

Uruguay striker Luis Suarez has been suspended from all football-related activity for four months for biting Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini.
The Liverpool player, 27, has also been banned for nine international matches, ruling him out of the rest of the 2014 Fifa World Cup.

Such behaviour cannot be tolerated on any football pitch and, in particular, not at a Fifa World Cup when the eyes of millions of people are on the stars on the field

Fifa statement
He will also miss the first nine games of the Premier League season.
The incident occurred during Tuesday's 2014 Fifa World Cup Group D game, which Uruguay won to qualify for the last 16.
Uruguay have three days to appeal against the decision.
Suarez has also been fined 100,000 Swiss francs (£65,680).
The ban is the biggest in World Cup history, beating the eight games given to Italy's Mauro Tassotti for elbowing Spain's Luis Enrique in 1994.
"Such behaviour cannot be tolerated on any football pitch and, in particular, not at a Fifa World Cup when the eyes of millions of people are on the stars on the field," Claudio Sulser, chairman of the Fifa disciplinary committee, said in a statement.
Suarez's first match back for Liverpool could be in round four of the Capital One Cup, with matches due to take place in the week commencing 27 October.
Liverpool would have to win their third-round tie in September to reach that stage.
Suarez has now been found guilty of biting three opponents in his career.
He was banned for 10 games for biting Chelsea's Branislav Ivanovic during a Premier League match in 2013 and was also suspended for seven games for biting PSV Eindhoven's Otman Bakkal in 2010.
Liverpool issued a statement shortly after news of Suarez's ban emerged.
"Liverpool Football Club will wait until we have seen and had time to review the Fifa Disciplinary Committee report before making any further comment," chief executive Ian Ayre said.
Under the terms of the ban, Suarez is prohibited from entering the confines of any stadium during the period of his suspension.
But Liverpool would not be prevented from selling the former Ajax player this summer should they decide to offload him to another club.
He has already been linked with moves to Real Madrid and Barcelona.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28023882

turbo
27-06-2014, 05:37 AM
FIFA should sanction a "Free Hit" like cricket have. Next time Luis Suarez sinks his teeth into somebody, that aggrieved party gets to punch Suarez teeth out with absolutely no comeback.

plague
27-06-2014, 07:57 AM
This bloke is a disc-race.
Geez I long for the days when blokes just slept with their brothers wives.

Those where the days.

plague
27-06-2014, 10:05 AM
ahhhh the good old days..........................
http://static.goal.com/249300/249381.jpg
http://www.footandball.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/paul-gascoigne-and-vinnie-jones-7329679761.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-0itQ_TaCAUU/TeyyJGdrXOI/AAAAAAAAAXY/TcZKaZm1ONc/s1600/3.jpg
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1DLBGAoGOPAVUE2rslRGcLOaFzSYMT 9BpY4fwH9-OarBurNvX

Bremsstrahlung
27-06-2014, 10:58 AM
http://s15.photobucket.com/user/moogaman/media/Rooney-Stomp.gif.html

parksey
27-06-2014, 12:00 PM
yeah it's heaps funny when you bring up other incidents involving people that no one ever defends to trivialise the actions of someone who has consistently shown himself to be worse than all of them.

plague
27-06-2014, 02:21 PM
yeah it's heaps funny

thanks man. I try.

Oh, and I dont really see anyone defending Suarez. am I missing something?

parksey
27-06-2014, 02:36 PM
did i say you were defending him?

plague
27-06-2014, 04:02 PM
nah, I wouldnt say you were.
My point is that your quote here

someone who has consistently shown himself to be worse than all of them.
leads me to think that Suarez' bite was worse than any of those I listed (and that was just a short list). I would contend that there may be plenty of people out there who would rather be bitten than have any of that other stuff happen to them.
But as stated thats a personal opinion. I respect yours, and agree that Suarez should be banned and have no problem with the punishment given (couldnt give a stuff if he got half as much or twice as much to be honest).
Giorgio Chiellini will be fine to play his next game, Alf-Inge Harland wasnt so lucky.
I know who I'd rather be.

plague
27-06-2014, 04:07 PM
Actually away from all that it would have been interesting if the ref had seen the elbow that Chiellini threw at Suarez after being bitten.
You would assume that most people would retaliate the same way but as we all know, sometimes that gets you in more trouble that the original perpetrator.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/05/17/article-0-000EC65C00000258-716_634x462.jpg

Bremsstrahlung
27-06-2014, 08:40 PM
Rofl. Agree with plague.
I'd prefer a tooth indent on my shoulder than a snapped tibia or torn acl or having my groin stomped on. For the record, Rooney got 2 weeks for stomping on somebodies balls.

Not saying what he did was ok, it's disgraceful and he has been banned accordingly. Take muscat's challenge on zaha (?) where he makes contact mid knee. I'd prefer a bite to the shoulder any day.

Given the choice, would you want a short bite to the shoulder, or to be on the ground and have your testicles crushed by some guys boots.

turbo
28-06-2014, 12:19 AM
The issue i believe most people (outside south america) have is that Suarez, Uruguay, Maradona et al cannot see what he has done wrong. They think they're being victimised because they knocked two european teams out.

The bloke is being punished because for the 3rd time he has behaved like a complete dick. If he can't see that there is no hope at all for him.

parksey
28-06-2014, 01:10 AM
there's been isolated incidents that are worse than what suarez did; no doubt about that. it's just that he consistently does abhorrent things on the field.

he's bitten a player (at least) 3 times in his career.

he's racially abused players in matches.

he shows no remorse and even has the hide to play the victim whenever he gets himself into trouble.

as for what you'd rather have happen to you, that's a very trivial thing. for me, bad tackles etc. happen in games but biting someone is just ****ing outrageous. it's not a rational thing to do at all.

the guy is actually insane.

turbo
28-06-2014, 01:45 AM
as for what you'd rather have happen to you, that's a very trivial thing. for me, bad tackles etc. happen in games but biting someone is just ****ing outrageous. it's not a rational thing to do at all.

Having studs raked down your leg is part of the game, when it happens you pretend you're not hurt then look for a convenient opportunity settle the score. But being spat at for instance is unacceptable, if it happened to me i'd go nuts. So it's difficult to say where you'd draw the line. Being bitten is definately below the line and to do it three times is outrageous.

he shows no remorse and even has the hide to play the victim whenever he gets himself into trouble.

That's definately the issue. The length of ban is not really relevant because when he returns it's only a matter of time until he bites someone / pulls their hair / rubs his cock on them while jostling before a corner kick.

Bremsstrahlung
28-06-2014, 02:34 AM
Good points.
He needs somebody to tell him when to stfu. His comments never help the matter. Accept the responsibility, i ****ed up, let emotions get the better of me, i need help.

Though, when you put him in that Uruguay team, oh my there's so many grubby players, and it's kind of no surprise, given their other tactics.

Jetmaster
28-06-2014, 09:20 AM
Remember how hated Recoba was here in 2005.....imagine if Suarez was here that week.

plague
28-06-2014, 09:25 AM
I pretty much agree with most of what Parksey said, I brought up the Roy Keane one because (correct if wrong) he has stated that he went out that day to intentionally injure Harland. That to me is 1000 times worse than anything Suarez did.
As for someone bringing up Maradona, what did he do that was in this category?

As for the racism incident with Suarez, I think there is a massive culture issue involved that we don't truly understand (my Spanish bro in law gave me a great understanding on thier use of the term 'negro'). With that one I can kind if see where he doesn't believe he did all that wrong and when you add in the John Terry incident that happened at around the same time it exposed a deep divide on how this issue is treated.

But yeah, the bloke is an A-grade nutter. We can all agree on that.

turbo
28-06-2014, 09:55 AM
Was it me that brought up Maradona? Was probably referring to the Free Nelson mandela style t shirt he was wearing on tv.

You've hit the nail on the head there with the word culture. It seems South Americans know biting is wrong but think it not really that bad. In their culture its ok to roll around on the floor trying to get a player sent off, or gesture to the referee to get his cards out. Both of which boil my piss.

boz-monaut
28-06-2014, 10:23 AM
I'm sure there's a correlation between a nation's Corruption Perceptions Index (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corruption_Perceptions_Index) and how much they cheat in football

plague
28-06-2014, 12:29 PM
Sorry Mr Boz, but I ain't clicking on any link under your name
#lemonparty'd

Jetmaster
28-06-2014, 12:33 PM
The football culture in parts of South America is "street fighter" and it is something that we don't get elsewhere.

Not saying it is right but I reckon there are some NRL thugs that wouldn't last 10 mins on some of those fields - there are some real life horror stories.

parksey
28-06-2014, 06:37 PM
i guess my main point was what are you trying to achieve by comparing incidents?

why even bring them up if not to get a cheap laugh out of a few liverpool fans on here?

no need to answer but yeah it's pretty pointless.

plague
28-06-2014, 09:03 PM
why even bring them up if not to get a cheap laugh.

Me? Cheap laugh?
Never!

jim wallis
29-06-2014, 12:17 AM
how about that other guy who did that thing 1 tiem he was bad two it just happens in games ffs shut up omg how bout cantona?

Rofl. Agree with plague.
I'd prefer a tooth indent on my shoulder than a snapped tibia or torn acl or having my groin stomped on. For the record, Rooney got 2 weeks for stomping on somebodies balls.

Not saying what he did was ok, it's disgraceful and he has been banned accordingly. Take muscat's challenge on zaha (?) where he makes contact mid knee. I'd prefer a bite to the shoulder any day.

Given the choice, would you want a short bite to the shoulder, or to be on the ground and have your testicles crushed by some guys boots.

I'd prefer a small bite any day but he does need to see a psych and be forced to work in a soup kitchen for 20 yrs.

But there are some envious twats that cant leave liverpool out of a sentence and yes Cantona is a bigger FW than suarez. I do think the sua needs helps, lets start by emptying his bank account and buying whatever we want. Oh and cheilini? deserves 20 more bites and kicks, fvcking dog

joel31
29-06-2014, 03:03 AM
Terrific end to end first half

Premy
29-06-2014, 06:31 AM
What belter that was.

joel31
29-06-2014, 06:43 AM
Chilean reporter Jhendelyn Núñez took this pic when Chile scored:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrO8YJzCQAA1TtK.jpg

WolfMan
29-06-2014, 06:49 AM
Good to see women journalists attempting to be taken seriously... Way to play up to the stereotype

joel31
29-06-2014, 07:09 AM
Another great Colombian goal

joel31
29-06-2014, 08:12 AM
Colombia to win the World Cup if they beat Brazil

GazFish35
29-06-2014, 08:15 AM
Colombia to win the World Cup if they beat Brazil

Colombia to not win the World Cup if they don't.

MFKS
29-06-2014, 08:51 AM
Love the insecurity complex about the Sth Americans and their behaviour. Boys it is a different world over here and they dance to the beat of a completely different drum.

We can't really complain when we condone stuff our cricket team does to get a result IE not walking sledding etc.

The gamesmanship is part and parcel of the game.

Plenty of Aussie players will appeal to the ref for a throw in decision when they know it came off themselves. Still cheating

MFKS
29-06-2014, 08:51 AM
Colombia to not win the World Cup if they don't.
Captain Obvious missed his stage entry???