PDA

View Full Version : NNSWF Coach Education.

JCBT
02-07-2013, 07:34 PM
I know you blokes will more than likely bag the **** out of this but I think it's a great opportunity that NNSWF are giving to the local coaches. Only 4 nights and you also get a Q & A with the one man we all have questions for, GVE.
http://www.northernnswfootball.com.au/index.php?id=10&tx_ttnews%5Byear%5D=2013&tx_ttnews%5Bmonth%5D=07&tx_ttnews%5Btt_news%5D=2594&cHash=9b0846d4cca9a7d08659519d5823c313

seldom
02-07-2013, 09:12 PM
If it was Ange conducting the sessions i'd be there in a flash.Not sure about GVE probs refer to the FFA 4-3-3 handbook for direction.Any idea on the cost ?

late_to_the_game
02-07-2013, 09:14 PM
I think this is great, and it would be good if there was more of this - perhaps from the State League coaches as well (there are lots of ways to play football...)

Every time you see/listen/experience someone's coaching you learn things, even if it is that you disagree with the philosophy/approach/attitude/work rate etc etc

I would love to see a video analysis session from GVE on one of last years games, what he thought worked, what didn't, did the players execute the plan and so on.

late_to_the_game
02-07-2013, 09:14 PM
Looks to be free

GazFish35
02-07-2013, 10:16 PM
I think this is great, and it would be good if there was more of this - perhaps from the State League coaches as well (there are lots of ways to play football...)

Every time you see/listen/experience someone's coaching you learn things, even if it is that you disagree with the philosophy/approach/attitude/work rate etc etc

I would love to see a video analysis session from GVE on one of last years games, what he thought worked, what didn't, did the players execute the plan and so on.

Agreed.
Any discussion on the game is a good thing.

JCBT
03-07-2013, 10:17 AM

I also agree and registered to attend.
Coach education is one area that NNSWF have improved out of sight in recent years.

Zico
03-07-2013, 02:05 PM
Wonder if MFKS will hijack this and stuff it with his dribble.

ForeverRed
03-07-2013, 02:50 PM
Wonder if MFKS will hijack this and stuff it with his dribble.
Your Bagging people again, nothing nice to say , say nothing at all

Zico
03-07-2013, 02:57 PM
:blah:

GazFish35
03-07-2013, 05:41 PM

Maybe you could make your point once, in one thread and leave it?
Just a thought.

CStein
03-07-2013, 09:44 PM

Most people would prefer if FBR would say nothing at all...

JCBT
16-07-2013, 10:37 AM
Anybody else go to the session last night? If so any thoughts?

I thought the first half of the session was very good but the 2nd was like a dogs breakfast with both the young players along with GVE and Zaine loosing the main objective of the session in finishing and it turned into more of a positioning session.

I found it hard to listen to both GVE and Zaine at the same time also. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for what both NNSWF and the Jets are putting on for free and this is just my observation of the night. I'm looking forward to the next 4 sessions.

namwob99
16-07-2013, 11:09 AM

I thought the first half of the session was very good but the 2nd was like a dogs breakfast with both the young players along with GVE and Zaine loosing the main objective of the session in finishing and it turned into more of a positioning session.

I found it hard to listen to both GVE and Zaine at the same time also. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for what both NNSWF and the Jets are putting on for free and this is just my observation of the night. I'm looking forward to the next 4 sessions.

I signed up but didn't get away from work in time to attend. Hopefully get there next week.

Zico
16-07-2013, 12:18 PM
Did you go ForeverRed?

Onehunglow
16-07-2013, 02:11 PM

I really like the concept but have to say I learnt very little from the session and thought there could have been more instruction regarding finishing and attacking play. I thought GVE presented well and was pretty honest. It was interesting that he mentioned the standard of players need to improve. He's right, there are plenty of "short back and sides" type players in the group and not many standouts. I agree they lost the core objective and didn't seem to nail down the finishing part of it. Overall though it was a good exercise and I'll go back fro the rest of the sessions.

late_to_the_game
16-07-2013, 10:16 PM
Agree the second half lost it a little.

The interesting part for me was the amount of time Clayton had them stopped explaining stuff. Part of the C licence is where you get recorded running a drill and then you have to go back and work out what percentage of the session you were talking (and the players not playing) I think Clayton could have been up near 40%-50% non-playing time...

As Gary seemed to notice, there was a real reluctance to hit the 9 and trust that he was going to be able to control it and then create some kind of problem for the defence. Always going to the less tightly marked wide players, with less risk, but also less reward. Much like watching the Youth Jets play at times.

Definitely go to the rest, big thanks to the Jets and Northern for putting it on.

seldom
17-07-2013, 10:50 PM
Great how long till we get a bunch of GVE clones comin out of the system. Maybe next Middleby can run courses on running clubs ie:- administration and recruitment

JCBT
22-07-2013, 09:11 PM
Much better session tonight. Friggin cold at Edgy though.

I think it was said that playing out is the session next week.

late_to_the_game
22-07-2013, 09:50 PM
Agree on both counts. Had to chuckle at Clayton in shorts.
Some good information about the compromises you need to make in defending, and how you might make those choices based on your players, level of the opposition etc.

Onehunglow
29-07-2013, 10:18 PM
Another good session tonight I thought. Watching the Jets coaches, you have to say they know their shit and put on good sessions . Good initiative by all concerned.

punter
29-07-2013, 10:27 PM
Another good session tonight I thought. Watching the Jets coaches, you have to say they know their shit and put on good sessions . Good initiative by all concerned.

I agree, the ppl who bag them all the time should go and watch these sessions

JCBT
30-07-2013, 09:57 AM
The session was well ran again last night, the only problem I saw with it was Craig Deans over coaching the players by stopping every minute or so to have a 3 or 4 min coaching point.

late_to_the_game
30-07-2013, 09:54 PM
GVE even thought Deans would have trouble keeping quiet for 4 minutes at the final training game stage of the session.

I have seen playing out from the back sessions done by about 5 good coaches in the last 3 years (at coaching conferences), and last nights was one of the better ones, with several second phase aspects covered which I had not seen before.

How good would it be for the kids in the new NPL structure if they were all getting coaching of that standard! (Which is where we will hopefully get to....)

Onehunglow
30-07-2013, 10:12 PM
GVE even thought Deans would have trouble keeping quiet for 4 minutes at the final training game stage of the session.

I have seen playing out from the back sessions done by about 5 good coaches in the last 3 years (at coaching conferences), and last nights was one of the better ones, with several second phase aspects covered which I had not seen before.

How good would it be for the kids in the new NPL structure if they were all getting coaching of that standard! (Which is where we will hopefully get to....)

It gave me a good appreciation of how much time it takes to get to that level, playing out is only one aspect of many that need to be dealt with. It was a very professional performance from Deansy. I don't mind the "over coaching" in that situation as it was a demonstration session and GVE was highlighting the coaching points CD was making.

JCBT
06-08-2013, 10:55 AM
Another good session last night and I actually got plenty out of what GVE was saying while the drills were being run. It's been a great initiative by NNSWF and the Jets.
What's everyone's thoughts on the final session next week? I had a chuckle when only a handful of people voted for option 1 so GVE took the microphone from Gary Fisher and said it was going to be option one. I personally wanted option 2 but at the end of the day I'm just happy and grateful to have them give up their time and conduct the sessions.

Onehunglow
13-08-2013, 07:52 PM
Missed last nights session, how was it?

late_to_the_game
12-07-2016, 12:47 PM
Great session (lecture) by Scott Miller last night at the home of football as part of NNSW coach education (also getting points for re-accreditation)

Second time I have seen him speak (previous was answering questions about the Jets performance - the day after the game at the NNSW Coaches Conference)

To say I am impressed with him is an understatement. He let a lot of information out about the recruitment process and what he could/couldn't/can/can't do under the FFA and new owners.

Also a 30 min talk by current FFA technical director about the new approach of trying to "widen" the elite programs, indicating that a lot of talent is being missed at the moment. Should resonate with a few on this forum...

Captain_Carl
20-11-2021, 05:59 AM
Great session (lecture) by Scott Miller last night at the home of football as part of NNSW coach education (also getting points for re-accreditation)

Second time I have seen him speak (previous was answering questions about the Jets performance - the day after the game at the NNSW Coaches Conference)

To say I am impressed with him is an understatement. He let a lot of information out about the recruitment process and what he could/couldn't/can/can't do under the FFA and new owners.

Also a 30 min talk by current FFA technical director about the new approach of trying to "widen" the elite programs, indicating that a lot of talent is being missed at the moment. Should resonate with a few on this forum...

Coach education continues to be vitally important but it seems anyone enrolling in a course will receive a licence at the end of it no matter how bad they are. We need good coaches to produce good footballers so the fans can get excited and blow their horns.