PDA

View Full Version : Your Fantasy 2nd division

Premy
04-07-2013, 10:10 PM
Now with the T.V deal paying majority of the players wages for the next 3 years the league is in a good place. I think the next big step is getting a 2nd division set up realistically its a long way off but it would be fantastic to see. If you could pick 10 Clubs/areas to be in your fantasy 2nd division who or where would you choose?

My 10
1- Northern Fury FC
2- Sunshine Coast FC
3- Brisbane Strikers FC
4- Gold Coast
5- Manly United FC
6- South Coast Wolves FC
7- Canberra United FC
8- Geelong
9- Tasmania
10- Auckland City FC

Thomas477
04-07-2013, 10:44 PM
My 10:
1 - Fury
2 - Gold Coast
3 - Geelong
4 - Tassie
5 - Woollongong
6 - Canberra United
7 - Another one of the top Sydney teams, ideally Marconi, Olympic etc
8 - Another one in WA, whether that's Fremantle or somewhere north, I don't know.
9 - Maybe a clubs from the VPL, like South Melbourne etc.
10 - Maybe another Brisbane based club, but we wouldn't want to cannibalise Roar's support.

Don't mind any of yours, bar Auckland. I am strongly against having any more NZ clubs in our league. Why should we help prop up their players, what's stopping them from getting a professional league going themselves?

Beeen
04-07-2013, 11:55 PM
Marconi
Hellas
Sydney United
Melbourne Knights
Bonnyrigg
Preston
Central Aus Indigenous
Central aus Indigenous rival
Clive Palmer FC
Warwick Capper FC

pv4
05-07-2013, 07:46 AM
1. Northern Fury
2. South Coast Wolves
3. Gold Coast
4. South Melbourne
5. Central Coast Mariners (you said fantasy, right?)
6. Canberra
7. Tasmania
8. Kasey Wehrman's Strikers
9. One of the effnik Sydney clubs
10. Auckland (assuming you have proper money in the comp)

Premy
05-07-2013, 09:14 AM
Warwick Capper FC
Vs meter maids united

Jetmaster
05-07-2013, 09:16 AM
1 - Nth Qld
2 - Wollongong Petrovskis
3 - Palmer Athletic FC
4 - Geelong McGuires
5 - Canberra Bureaucrats
6 - Hobart Boonys
7 - Adelaide 2nd Team
8 - Phoenix 2nd 11
9 - Con's NEWcastle Breakers
10 - The Matildas

Skirt Boy
05-07-2013, 10:24 PM
South Melbourne
APIAA Leichhardt
Heidelberg United FC
Wollongong Wolves
Sydney Olympic
South Cardiff (only because the old man would kill me if I didn't include them)
Gold Coast
Darwin
2nd team for Brisbane
Charlestown Hotspur!

hawk
07-07-2013, 08:22 PM
1. Northern Fury
2. South Coast Wolves
3. Gold Coast
4. South Melbourne
5. Central Coast Mariners (you said fantasy, right?)
6. Canberra
7. Tasmania
8. Kasey Wehrman's Strikers
9. One of the effnik Sydney clubs
10. Auckland (assuming you have proper money in the comp)

wogless please. Stick to geo areas

Superdylan
08-07-2013, 12:09 AM
1. Northern fury
2. Gold coast
3. Geelong
4. Canberra united
5. South coast/Wollongong
6. Hobart
7. Launceston
8. Darwin/Nt
9. Sunshine Coast
10. Central Qld

That should have about every city/town over 100,000 or so in Australia covered. Reason I have gone for 2 Tasmanian teams is that both launceston and Hobart are of similar populations and I don't think splitting games between Hobart and launceston would work, both cities are about 2 or so hours apart.

Have kept all ethnic Sydney and Melbourne clubs out because this division in my opinion
would be targeting new areas not areas that are already covered by the a-league already that may have a chance of entering the a-league in the future.

pv4
08-07-2013, 07:07 AM
wogless please. Stick to geo areas

If you want wogless you can't highlight the Sydney one and not the South Melbourne one :rof:

I was more or less saying South Melbourne and one of the Sydney effnik clubs because I'd imagine they're the only type of teams in those areas that would have interest and money to make a third team (third team I mean Victory/Heart/South in Melbz and Syd/WSW/Marconi? in Syd)

pv4
08-07-2013, 07:09 AM
Reason I have gone for 2 Tasmanian teams is that both launceston and Hobart are of similar populations and I don't think splitting games between Hobart and launceston would work, both cities are about 2 or so hours apart.

IMO having two Tas teams is a bad idea, even if it is 2 hours apart. Most up and coming footballers from Tas already move to Melbourne to play in the VPL as-is - the resources of players in Tas is pretty thin.

Premy
09-07-2013, 10:17 AM
If you want wogless you can't highlight the Sydney one and not the South Melbourne one :rof:

I was more or less saying South Melbourne and one of the Sydney effnik clubs because I'd imagine they're the only type of teams in those areas that would have interest and money to make a third team (third team I mean Victory/Heart/South in Melbz and Syd/WSW/Marconi? in Syd)

Northern beaches is a untapped market IMO and Cromer park is a top facility with a synthetic pitch seating for close to 2000 people and can fit about 5000, more than capable of hosting a second division team.