PDA

View Full Version : Middleby OUT

Pages : 1 [2]

hausmann
04-12-2014, 10:54 AM
Gaz, I have to say that, even after all the reasons or excuses you list, that there is still more the club could do that doesn't cost a cent.

I found that people were all too happy to lend a helping hand despite not being paid if you treated them with respect, listened to them and valued them. Sometimes all that was needed was a ticket to a corporate box or some piece of signed memorabilia, or a chance to have work experience in the office. Things that cost us nothing but meant everything to them. It didn't cost the club any more money for me to go and hang up Argy's streamers and banners before the home games.

The main thing a CEO has at his disposal also costs nothing. It's his voice. He can front up to every media conference, week in/week out and sell a vision of what the club can be. He can answer honestly and without PR spin. He can give supporters a reason to believe. He can have a sense of humour. He can also build trust in his admin team so that they go beyond the expected and perform exceptionally. He can make people feel welcome and part of the club.

You know, when CardboardCutout and I organised the first Squadron meeting, we arranged to meet at the Newcastle United Sports Club. We were the only two who showed up, it could have been seen as a failure. But George Liolio was there and came up to us and talked for well over an hour. He treated us with the upmost respect and made us feel welcome. And I know CardboardCutout came out of that meeting so fired up at what we were about to do before that first A-League game.

The problem with the Jets now is that the admin staff have treated supporters poorly for such a long period that I doubt there is the level of goodwill that I experienced while working at the club. Supporters are treated as consumers who need to be fed PR and some dodgy slogan to fire them up. Mark Duffield Thomas cutting me off in that fan forum is but one example of what I see as a general disrespect shown to fans. After Aaron Kearney said that this was an opportunity for us to speak, that the club wanted to hear from us, I couldn't believe he did it. Especially when I was making a point that was aimed at helping them, and it is the very point I am making here. Treat people with respect, value them, include them, and they will bring their passion and spirit. The irony of him cutting me off just as I was about to make this point is quite telling.

GazFish35
04-12-2014, 11:08 AM
Gaz, I have to say that, even after all the reasons or excuses you list, that there is still more the club could do that doesn't cost a cent.

I found that people were all too happy to lend a helping hand despite not being paid if you treated them with respect, listened to them and valued them. Sometimes all that was needed was a ticket to a corporate box or some piece of signed memorabilia, or a chance to have work experience in the office. Things that cost us nothing but meant everything to them. It didn't cost the club any more money for me to go and hang up Argy's streamers and banners before the home games.

The main thing a CEO has at his disposal also costs nothing. It's his voice. He can front up to every media conference, week in/week out and sell a vision of what the club can be. He can answer honestly and without PR spin. He can give supporters a reason to believe. He can have a sense of humour. He can also build trust in his admin team so that they go beyond the expected and perform exceptionally. He can make people feel welcome and part of the club.

You know, when CardboardCutout and I organised the first Squadron meeting, we arranged to meet at the Newcastle United Sports Club. We were the only two who showed up, it could have been seen as a failure. But George Liolio was there and came up to us and talked for well over an hour. He treated us with the upmost respect and made us feel welcome. And I know CardboardCutout came out of that meeting so fired up at what we were about to do before that first A-League game.

The problem with the Jets now is that the admin staff have treated supporters poorly for such a long period that I doubt there is the level of goodwill that I experienced while working at the club.

Hauss, I absolutely agree. theres lots that can be done by RM to improve at little cost, and how people and perceptions are managed is a perfect example - we spent 20minutes with George T after Con threatened to throw tim off the balcony and left feeling listened too, and able to distance Con's actions from the club as a whole

My point is that changing CEO now cant' have a positive outcome given the club is on the market, as it promotes the club as being in a shambles, and would be nearly impossible to find a replacement to take on the gig with a the prospect of new oweners clearing the decks sometime soon.

the creation of the sub-committee i feel is a start on the path to being more open and willing to listen, and valuing the input of the members, they do have volunteers working with them now - perhaps they need to show how they value this input more....... too little too late perhaps, but better than no action at all.

hausmann
04-12-2014, 11:29 AM
Hauss, I absolutely agree. theres lots that can be done by RM to improve at little cost, and how people and perceptions are managed is a perfect example - we spent 20minutes with George T after Con threatened to throw tim off the balcony and left feeling listened too, and able to distance Con's actions from the club as a whole

My point is that changing CEO now cant' have a positive outcome given the club is on the market, as it promotes the club as being in a shambles, and would be nearly impossible to find a replacement to take on the gig with a the prospect of new oweners clearing the decks sometime soon.

the creation of the sub-committee i feel is a start on the path to being more open and willing to listen, and valuing the input of the members, they do have volunteers working with them now - perhaps they need to show how they value this input more....... too little too late perhaps, but better than no action at all.

I'm not really talking about "volunteers", I'm talking about people who do favours that really help you in the back office. like Paul Jobber who did my training field website reports because I didn't have time, or the business contact I had who enrolled Milton's kids into their school and acted as translator in important matters. These type of people allowed us to extend our capabilities and establish an acceptable level of professionalism, given our financial constraints. The Squadron coaches was another example, even though I initially set this up, I heavily promoted them within the club when I could because they were providing our supporters a service and it didn't cost the club a cent. That's why the whole Sid Foggs debarcle pissed me off so much, because they were essentially saying to the supporters that they were happy to screw them over to force a sponsorship deal.

Changing the CEO now can have a positive outcome. For example, how about Tony Rallis talking on SuperStoppageTime that he had someone from the middle east interested in looking to buy an A-League club but wouldn't introduce them to the Jets while Robbie Middleby was there.

If the end game is to transition to a new owner, sometimes you need a person with those particular skills, like how Ken Edwards was brought in to broker the sale to Tinkler. These kind of guys get a slice of the sale price to make a short term deal worth the effort. Sometimes engaging a short term role like this shows that you are in control rather than appearing to be a shambles. What looks like a shambles to me is having Palmer, Middleby and Bridges post selfies at EPL games.

And if the end game is to have any sort of supporter shareholding, then there is no way this will get up under current administration. As I doubt they could sell this vision to anyone. It was the same under Con. Talk of supporter part ownership was too little too late.

Thomas477
04-12-2014, 12:23 PM
Greats posts hausmann!

BodyNovo
04-12-2014, 12:25 PM
isn't the only reason Troy Palmer is still on the books at HSG is to finalize the sale of the club, not saying middleby isn't helping.

still brought griff back so :wub:

hausmann
04-12-2014, 12:58 PM
Hauss, I absolutely agree. theres lots that can be done by RM to improve at little cost

And that's my basis behind my Middleby OUT position.

I don't know him, people I have talked to who know him from Valentine juniors speak of how nice a guy he is, and how helpful he was, so my intent is not to tarnish his reputation or judge his past actions over star wars figurines. It is simply that he does not have a public profile that a CEO should have. And that status is important for the stability of the club, especially at a time when it is for sale.

MFKS
04-12-2014, 01:17 PM

So we are not already a shambles?? How much lower do we have to get to be a shambles??

Changing the CEO will not make one iota of difference to the current state of the club in the short term. What it will do is allow the changes we so desperately need to actually start happening. Any person who took on the role would not necessarily have to have the desire to be here long term. It is a short term appointment where the opportunity is there to make a statement on your talents as an administrator and land future plum role. Hell do a good enough job the new owner may give him the gig. if not he is auditioning for a future role elsewhere so why would they not be committed??

As for the selling of the club to a new owner that is not Middleby's job at all. Tinkler's job to appoint someone to sell his asset and poor business acumen if you chose Middleby to maximise return. You wouldn't put a milkman in charge of selling your house would you??

Middleby's job is to run the club to potential. Middleby does his job well then Tinks has buyers lining up to sell

plague
04-12-2014, 10:15 PM
So we are not already a shambles?? How much lower do we have to get to be a shambles??

ATTN: SUPERNERDZ/Militiamon.
Can someone please recycle the Kale fap-ometer so we can get a gauge on whether we are/or are not in fact a shambles.
I feel this is the most pressing issue of our lifetime*

Ta.

*with respect to K.Rudd.

WolfMan
05-12-2014, 07:23 AM
Greats posts hausmann!

Here here!

MFKS
05-12-2014, 07:40 AM
ATTN: SUPERNERDZ/Militiamon.
Can someone please recycle the Kale fap-ometer so we can get a gauge on whether we are/or are not in fact a shambles.
I feel this is the most pressing issue of our lifetime*

Ta.

*with respect to K.Rudd.

Last I heard from Militia he was in Santiago Chile agreeing with what I told him about Chilean currency being one of the most inefficient on the planet and I was giving him tips on finding a Café Con Piernas :rof:

leftrightout
06-12-2014, 07:59 PM
Time for a banner at the game! Good English style protest against this guy!
Something needs to change right away. The damage that may be caused by this season may take years to recover with fans.

hawk
06-12-2014, 08:14 PM
No. I'm not suggesting for one minute we accept mediocrity. I'm suggesting no-one here knows the full extent of the situation the club is working under but for the fact the club is trying to be sold, and that sacking a CEO at this point in time would not help the club in the short, medium or long term.

But sacking a ****tard manager wouldnt go astray. Stubbins and his numpties have no concept of defence, lethargic, lack press.

And I cant fking work out why no other cvnt (managemnt) wants to acknowledge it. i am bitter about this :wacko:

Hunter403
06-12-2014, 08:58 PM
Time for a banner at the game! Good English style protest against this guy!
Something needs to change right away. The damage that may be caused by this season may take years to recover with fans.

Couldn't agree more!

sammydog
06-12-2014, 09:21 PM
Direct the banner at Tinkler.

Let any new owner decide who stays and goes in the rest of the club. But for the good of the Jets we need to get away from Tinkler.

Jeterpool
06-12-2014, 09:22 PM

Let any new owner decide who stays and goes in the rest of the club. But for the good of the Jets we need to get away from Tinkler.

Exactly. This is where the rot started

MFKS
06-12-2014, 09:24 PM

To be perfectly fair we need all 3 to go.

Who's interested in a full on protest next game demanding immediate change??

Sitting by and putting up with this shit is almost as negligent on our behalf as fans to hold them accountable

MFKS
06-12-2014, 09:25 PM
But sacking a ****tard manager wouldnt go astray. Stubbins and his numpties have no concept of defence, lethargic, lack press.

And I cant fking work out why no other cvnt wants to acknowledge it.

Agreed with you last week when we were discussing it. Nothing changed today

lquiquer
06-12-2014, 09:37 PM
Full protest in

06-12-2014, 10:29 PM
Full protest in

+ another 1

sammydog
06-12-2014, 11:11 PM
I'm going back to wearing gold with and old scarf to remind me of when we had an owner who actually gave a shit about football.

furns
07-12-2014, 12:05 AM
To be perfectly fair we need all 3 to go.

Who's interested in a full on protest next game demanding immediate change??

Sitting by and putting up with this shit is almost as negligent on our behalf as fans to hold them accountable

I understand everyone is frustrated, but seriously what will demanding immediate change achieve?
You can't demand that Tinkler hand over the club or FFA step in - won't happen unless the club isn't paying the staff or players, or until the sale is completed.
You can't demand Baartz/Middleby leave - who is going to step in to a club with no money and work for a pittance?
The only possible change could be Stubbins out - but he is also hamstrung by the quality and mentality of the players at his disposal. Although I agree he currently has not shown the ability to get the most out of the players he has.

BodyNovo
07-12-2014, 12:09 AM
If stubbins is still coaching by next game I will be on the bandwagon

Today was a disgrace

MFKS
07-12-2014, 12:27 AM
I understand everyone is frustrated, but seriously what will demanding immediate change achieve?
You can't demand that Tinkler hand over the club or FFA step in - won't happen unless the club isn't paying the staff or players, or until the sale is completed.
You can't demand Baartz/Middleby leave - who is going to step in to a club with no money and work for a pittance?
The only possible change could be Stubbins out - but he is also hamstrung by the quality and mentality of the players at his disposal. Although I agree he currently has not shown the ability to get the most out of the players he has.

No your right. Change would be pointless. Winning games and having a team actually capable of making the semis is not a goal we should aspire to. We should actually see if we can go the entire season without a win and set some records

I should turn up next Friday week and watch more of the same shit and keep watching it for the rest of the season and be greatful that blokes like Stubbins Middleby Baaartz and co are so wise they could concoct this great experience for me you and everyone else every week and take solace that they are doing their best in trying circumstances and neglect focusing on that a lot of the problems we have they have managed to create . :lulzturtle:

furns
07-12-2014, 12:33 AM
2 out of the 3 changes you are advocating have eff all to do with the team on the pitch mate
Again - getting Tinks out isn't going to happen unless the club isn't paying players or staff.
Getting rid of Baartz and/or Middleby - and replace them with who? Ken bloody Edwards?
Get rid of Stubbins may work in short term but you would have to bring in a coach with a strong personality to absolutely bollock the players who aren't performing, and the tactical nous to change formations and tactics where needed.
And until the sale happens, no money to bring in new players.

lquiquer
07-12-2014, 12:39 AM

The only motivation this year is to find a buyer.... So puppets running the club and the team have no chance to succeed. No money, no investment, no direction...... Sounds like survival mode to me. What is really upsetting is the lack of honesty from the club and that disgraceful attitude to make you believe it's all good: we got the right recipe to succeed, it's business as usual..all the twitter and FB crap promotion....... Blablabla...... In this week Herald Middleby said in regards to coming up transfer window: "the uncertainty surrounding Newcastle ownership would not impact on recruitment and retention"..!!!! this is dead set fraud. Have we got a marquee player???? Why not????..... Tinkler, HSG, Middleby, Stubbins OUT..... Start all over again with people with right motivation

Ranger-86
07-12-2014, 12:47 AM

Made the same point in the match thread tonight.

All good to say middleby out , tinkler out, stubbins out .... But for who , ffa come in for tinkler yeah??? But what changes then?? , they wont change staff, whos going to buy a football club from a non capital city and sink their money in ??, easy to say we need change but not provide any solutions. We dont even have the option of a members club run team, all we can hope for is some rich stupid sugar daddy looking to lose money on a minir football club.

lquiquer
07-12-2014, 12:55 AM
Made the same point in the match thread tonight.

All good to say middleby out , tinkler out, stubbins out .... But for who , ffa come in for tinkler yeah??? But what changes then?? , they wont change staff, whos going to buy a football club from a non capital city and sink their money in ??, easy to say we need change but not provide any solutions. We dont even have the option of a members club run team, all we can hope for is some rich stupid sugar daddy looking to lose money on a minir football club.

Didn't FFA run WSW for 2 years?

Mark325
07-12-2014, 12:58 AM
The big problem here that I see is that for the club too improve we need a new buyer but too get a new buyer the club needs to improve

howardyou
07-12-2014, 01:22 AM
FFA are paying all of our bills now.. Tinks is gone. What should happen?

Ranger-86
07-12-2014, 09:09 AM
Didn't FFA run WSW for 2 years?

No lyall gorman ran w/syd, do u think we could attract a lyall Gorman to our club.

Hunter403
07-12-2014, 10:42 AM
Sacking MIDDLEBY now will achieve nothing in the short term. Simple fact is that this season, like the last 4, is a write off. The immediate removal of RM will give the new person a run at preparing for next season. It will give them time to assert themselves and actually run the club properly. I have no doubt that RM is a decent bloke (and maybe that is the problem) but he is not the bloke for this club. His record on recruitment, management of current players, and moving players on is poor at best.

The cry that we have no money doesn't wash either in my view. We get the same from the TV rights as every other club and we have the same salary cap as every other club. My understanding is (and please correct me if I am wrong but I can't find a definitive answer on line) is that the TV cash covers most if not all of the salary cap and the owner/ club has to stump up extra for the manager and marquees. Simply we recruit and retain poorly.

belchardo
07-12-2014, 11:35 AM
The cry that we have no money doesn't wash either in my view...the owner/ club has to stump up extra for the manager and marquees

and the facilities, and the gyms, and the medical specialists, and the physios, and the recovery facilities, and the accomodation, and the video reviews, and the scouts, and the front office, and the marketing, and the many other things.

kidding yourself if you don't think money makes a difference in a salary-capped league.

lquiquer
07-12-2014, 11:47 AM
Youth team travelling to Adelaide, left at 5am this morning and back tonight about midnight for a 2.30 game. It's not doing Virgilli and co too much good.......... No money........ Tinkler, HSG, Middleby Stubbins OUT

sammydog
07-12-2014, 12:34 PM
The cry that we have no money doesn't wash either in my view. We get the same from the TV rights as every other club and we have the same salary cap as every other club. My understanding is (and please correct me if I am wrong but I can't find a definitive answer on line) is that the TV cash covers most if not all of the salary cap and the owner/ club has to stump up extra for the manager and marquees. Simply we recruit and retain poorly.

The players payments are only one small part of where money is needed.

We seem to pick up a lot of injuries, is that due to an underinvestment in medical, fitness/conditioning and physio staff? How well staffed are we in the rest of the office and how is the staffing affecting what they can reasonable achieve?

These things can make a massive difference to how the team performs.

I still think we have a decent squad, good enough to be a lot further up the table, but we look unfit and nowhere near as sharp as other squads. Is that poor coaching, or cost cutting in some areas of our preparation?

furns
07-12-2014, 01:41 PM
The players payments are only one small part of where money is needed.

We seem to pick up a lot of injuries, is that due to an underinvestment in medical, fitness/conditioning and physio staff? How well staffed are we in the rest of the office and how is the staffing affecting what they can reasonable achieve?

These things can make a massive difference to how the team performs.

I still think we have a decent squad, good enough to be a lot further up the table, but we look unfit and nowhere near as sharp as other squads. Is that poor coaching, or cost cutting in some areas of our preparation?
Put it this way - we have less front office staff than the gypos do. That should tell you all you need to know.

MFKS
09-12-2014, 08:13 AM
JETS chief executive Robbie Middleby has reaffirmed his confidence in embattled coach Phil Stubbins but insists that actions not words are needed to arrest the club from its A-League slump.

After nine rounds – a third of the season – the Jets are yet to record a win, sit second from bottom and have the worst goal differential (-13) in the league.

Incredibly, they have led in five games but have only four draws to show for it.

It has prompted calls from frustrated Jets fans for Stubbins to be axed but Middleby stuck solid on Monday.

‘‘I have confidence in Phil and he has the support of everyone at the club,’’ Middleby said.

The dire situation is far from the start that Stubbins and Middleby forecast when the coach arrived in May declaring: ‘‘It has been four years that the club has not been in the finals. That needs to change.’’

There was further bleak news on Monday with confirmation that Billy Celeski faces a month on the sideline and Marcos Flores will miss the trip to league-leaders Perth on Friday.

Celeski limped off after seven minutes in the 3-1 loss to Wellington on Saturday, and scans on Monday confirmed that the midfielder had partially torn scar tissue in his adductor, resulting from surgery in the pre-season.

The problem is common after adductor surgery.

In a bid to end the malaise, Middleby has ordered a review of all aspects of the club.

‘‘Whatever we can do we will do,’’ the chief executive said. ‘‘We do not want to talk about it, we want to be doing it.

‘‘That is everyone in the club. Actions speak louder than words.

‘‘There has been enough talk.’’

When pressed for specifics, Middleby said: ‘‘We are looking at every aspect of the operation. Everyone at the club, we are all in a difficult situation.

‘‘We need to stick together and do everything possible to get out of it.

‘‘Again, you can talk about it. It is what we do come game-day to rectify it that matters.’’

After Perth, the Jets host third-placed Adelaide (home) before a road trip to second-placed Melbourne Victory.

There are five games before the transfer window opens on January 6 which coincides with a three-week break for the Asian Cup being played in Australia.

There are 13 rounds remaining after the recess.

The Jets’ ability to strengthen their roster during the window hinges on the future of Jonny Steele. Steele was granted personal leave on November 5 and has spent the past three weeks in the US where he played for New York Red Bulls before joining the Jets.

‘‘We are going through the Jonny Steele situation at the moment, whether he will be here or not,’’ Middleby said.

‘‘That is a situation where we would be able to bring in a player.

‘‘Then we would see what options we have during the January transfer window

Ok then Robbie I think I can help you out here.

Firstly find Stubbins tell him he is fired and then give the Job to Zane

Secondly find Bridges tell him to **** off away from the club and fire him too

Thirdly After you have done this right a letter to the supporters apoligising for the clubs ineptitude and then send it through to the press for publishing

Fourthly Start typing the words out I tender my resignation effective immediately and send it to the FFA/Tinks or whoever is allowing you to remain at the club running us into the ground day by day

Fifthly Don't let the door hit you on the way out

BodyNovo
09-12-2014, 08:34 AM
It's a continuing broken record sound

Stop wasting time telling the media that's it's going change

Go out and change it

belchardo
09-12-2014, 08:45 AM
It's a continuing broken record sound

Stop wasting time telling the media that's it's going change

Go out and change it

first line made me think you were talking about MFKS.

MFKS
09-12-2014, 09:16 AM
first line made me think you were talking about MFKS. Mate I am just a visionary who was early than most at spotting this blokes talent for running us poorly.

No praise or medal required. I really do wish I had of been wrong and the suffering we have all gone through and are going through had not have eventuated

Grimario
09-12-2014, 09:34 AM
So glad you were ahead of your time at spotting his ineptness dating back to his previous club...

Jeterpool
09-12-2014, 09:52 AM
Mate I am just a visionary

This line is almost as good as SD's "I don't work for Blue Haven Pools mate".

GazFish35
09-12-2014, 10:02 AM
‘‘We do not want to talk about it, we want to be doing it.

anyone else fell these means.....

we cant talk about what we need to do, because we dont know what it is.

Hunter403
09-12-2014, 11:28 AM
Ok then Robbie I think I can help you out here.

Firstly find Stubbins tell him he is fired and then give the Job to Zane

Secondly find Bridges tell him to **** off away from the club and fire him too

Thirdly After you have done this right a letter to the supporters apoligising for the clubs ineptitude and then send it through to the press for publishing

Fourthly Start typing the words out I tender my resignation effective immediately and send it to the FFA/Tinks or whoever is allowing you to remain at the club running us into the ground day by day

Fifthly Don't let the door hit you on the way out

Add: Sack Steele immediately or demand he is on the next plane back. He has had ample time to ponder his future.

Jeterpool
09-12-2014, 11:34 AM
Add: Sack Steele immediately or demand he is on the next plane back. He has had ample time to ponder his future.

I agree that the Steele situation needs to be resolved.

Grimario
09-12-2014, 11:37 AM
I agree that the Steele situation needs to be resolved.

Something something something Steely Resolve something.

plague
09-12-2014, 12:35 PM
So this guy is going to do an investigation into all the things he's in charge of to see if he if he is doing them the way he thinks they should be done.

plague
09-12-2014, 12:36 PM
Hey guys, after a few complaints (mostly from ForeverRed) I'm going to conduct an investigation into whether I'm an asshole or not.

plague
09-12-2014, 12:36 PM
After an exhaustive review I've come to the conclusion that I AM NOT an asshole.

plague
09-12-2014, 12:37 PM
Phew.
That was lucky.

MFKS
30-12-2014, 09:41 PM
Your performance or lack there of has contributed to the joke that is our club.

Time to take ownership and do the honourable thing and walk Middleby so the bleeding can stop.

Staying any longer is an insult to the fans and the town

lquiquer
30-12-2014, 09:43 PM
Your performance or lack there of has contributed to the joke that is our club.

Time to take ownership and do the honourable thing and walk Middleby so the bleeding can stop.

Staying any longer is an insult to the fans and the town

And take Stubbins with you........

WolfMan
30-12-2014, 10:40 PM
Banner idea in order to get it past security
1 banner with "MIDDLE"
The 2nd with "-BYE"

Brought in separately, different gates even to avoid suspicion

Thomas477
03-01-2015, 09:47 PM
Perth not happy with the kick off time for their game. Go to the ffa and get it changed.

Hard, innit?

GazFish35
03-01-2015, 10:02 PM
They got 9900

Maybe try we're happy with the kickoff time, maybe they've been vindicated.
Decent crowd midweek.

And you're assuming they didn't ask fox, and that fox would have said yes.

hawk
04-01-2015, 05:18 PM
Perth not happy with the kick off time for their game. Go to the ffa and get it changed.

Hard, innit?

They got 9900

Maybe try we're happy with the kickoff time, maybe they've been vindicated.
Decent crowd midweek.

And you're assuming they didn't ask fox, and that fox would have said yes.

we could ask fox too but we dont cause management is happy with 40deg @ 5pm and cgas.

sammydog
04-01-2015, 08:04 PM
we could ask fox too but we dont cause management is happy with 40deg @ 5pm and cgas.

Do you have any evidence to suggest we didn't ask the game to be changed?

hawk
04-01-2015, 08:06 PM
Do you have any evidence to suggest we didn't ask the game to be changed?

yes. hands were tied and no further negs were to be had. any other SA q's? :grin:

football_macigian23
08-01-2015, 12:05 PM
Middleby and Baartz GONE! They resigned this morning according to the Jets Facebook

Shayne
08-01-2015, 12:06 PM
Middleby and Baartz GONE! They resigned this morning according to the Jets Facebook

http://t.co/vsPMCOcjGh

YAY!

Grimario
08-01-2015, 12:08 PM
:brrr:

Grimario
08-01-2015, 12:10 PM
That page doesn't load... I assume Newcastle has killed it by trying to load it and celebrate the news?

MFKS
08-01-2015, 12:10 PM
This better not be some April Fools Day like Joke

I am so happy I could cry
:lulzturtle:

q-money
08-01-2015, 12:11 PM
lel

let us now rejoice under our new overlord MFKS

Superdylan
08-01-2015, 12:12 PM
This better not be some April Fools Day like Joke

I am so happy I could cry
:lulzturtle:

Agree

About ****ing time. So glad middelby is gone.

lil_masi
08-01-2015, 12:14 PM
Confirmed by the jets. Best news!!

westjet
08-01-2015, 12:17 PM
Wonder if this means a sale is close and he is jumping before he is pushed?

Jeterpool
08-01-2015, 12:27 PM
Palmer is the one that needs to go. Hopefully he's next.

I hope this doesn't mean he's stepping into the position in the interim.

The Postman
08-01-2015, 12:27 PM
Or Tinkler giving back the licence, but alas Today is a Good Day

weston
08-01-2015, 12:30 PM
That's a good start. Still got Tinks and Stubbs to go yet, and this Palmer bloke (nfi who is he or what he does but everyone seems to think he is useless at whatever it is he does).

belchardo
08-01-2015, 12:32 PM
Wonder if this means a sale is close and he is jumping before he is pushed?

that's what I'm hoping. otherwise we've got no CEO, nobody to sell the club, and nobody to buy the club.

Grimario
08-01-2015, 12:36 PM
Now that he's no longer employed, I hope RM actually tells people some truths instead of covering his own arse.

pv4
08-01-2015, 12:37 PM
Now that he's no longer employed, I hope RM actually tells people some truths instead of covering his own arse.

I'm confident there would be some form of confidentiality agreement in place to prevent this happening.

Jeterpool
08-01-2015, 12:40 PM
That's a good start. Still got Tinks and Stubbs to go yet, and this Palmer bloke (nfi who is he or what he does but everyone seems to think he is useless at whatever it is he does).

Troy Palmer - Tinkler's right hand man. Middleby's boss.

The Dunster
08-01-2015, 12:41 PM
Dropping truth bombs would not be in Middleby's best interest so I think he will be quiet on the matter.

What the resignations mean is anyones guess. Could be a new buyer or could be that the club is going completely under and Middleby and Baartz have jumped rather than been pushed.

Jeterpool
08-01-2015, 12:41 PM

Why bad mouth your previous employer to the press and jeopardise any future role in the sport or another senior role?

In short, I'll be surprised if it happens.

pv4
08-01-2015, 12:42 PM
Thomas420 needs a new hobby horse now.

The scary thing about all this is if we don't have a CEO, we have no one to sack our coach.

leftrightout
08-01-2015, 12:46 PM
I like that middleby is gone... wait sorry i thought i was captain obvious for a minute there, sorry captain!

leftrightout
08-01-2015, 12:48 PM
Seriously though, with middleby gone the "stubbins out" thread is going to go into overload.

boz-monaut
08-01-2015, 12:48 PM
Newcastle we done it!

q-money
08-01-2015, 12:51 PM
http://lovingthebike.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/holding-fist-in-air.jpg

redwah
08-01-2015, 12:51 PM
The members keyboard may get 5 minutes peace now....probably not though. there are still plenty of things wrong in his world.

Grimario
08-01-2015, 12:55 PM
The members keyboard may get 5 minutes peace now....probably not though. there are still plenty of things wrong in his world.

The Member right now, right?

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x11/Sindarin1000rr/south-park-randy-masturbation.jpg

MFKS
08-01-2015, 12:56 PM
TWO of the Newcastle Jets’ top-ranking officials have quit the club after the team recorded just one win so far this season.

Chief executive Robbie Middleby and chairman Ray Baartz will both depart the club, they announced in a statement on the club’s website on Thursday.

Middleby said his decision was in the best interests of both the club and his family.

‘‘I have, and will always support this club and wish the members, staff and players all the best for the future,’’ he said.

‘‘My time at the Jets has been challenging, however as someone born and bred in Newcastle, it has been an honour to be part of this club and football community and I will be forever grateful for that opportunity.’’

Middleby said he hoped his departure could ‘‘aid the transition to new ownership and allow the club to start a new chapter’’ but he will not depart immediately.

The Newcastle Herald has reported that the Asian Cup break would be used for a broad review of the Jets' full operations, including Middleby's position.

The departing chief executive said that was still the case.

‘‘I will use the next few weeks to support the mid-season review process and making this decision now will allow me to give an honest and independent appraisal of where the club is at and provide recommendations of how it could best move forward,’’ he said.

Ray Baartz, a Hunter football legend, said the game was a major part of his life.

He described his involvement with the Jets as ‘‘a privilege’’.

‘‘I wish the fans and everyone involved at the club all the best for the remainder of the season and in particular the ongoing future of this great club,’’ Baartz said.The club will begin the process to replace Middleby.

Whooaa donkey back it up.

We ain't rid of him yet.

The bloke is till running the review.

:bs:

Every Rose Has its Thorn

Jeterpool
08-01-2015, 12:56 PM
Thomas420 needs a new hobby horse now.

The scary thing about all this is if we don't have a CEO, we have no one to sack our coach.

Depends on who fills in the role. If an interim is appointed, I suspect not. If RM's boss assumes those responsibilities then yes he could.

Also, depends what the "club" decide to do with any internal review outcomes.

Grimario
08-01-2015, 12:57 PM
‘‘I will use the next few weeks to support the mid-season review process and making this decision now will allow me to give an honest and independent appraisal of where the club is at and provide recommendations of how it could best move forward,’’ he said.

:brrr:

BodyNovo
08-01-2015, 01:00 PM
so the club now to confirm has no Chairman, CEO, and Media Manager

belchardo
08-01-2015, 01:03 PM

try to realise the truth...there is no club

BodyNovo
08-01-2015, 01:16 PM
is johnny t still at wanderers.

bring him back

he will sort the mess out

Jeterpool
08-01-2015, 01:21 PM

bring him back

this

plague
08-01-2015, 01:35 PM
Bit sad really.
Everyone said how nice a bloke he was.

joel31
08-01-2015, 01:38 PM
Party time

Grimario
08-01-2015, 01:40 PM
Bit sad really.
Everyone said how nice a bloke he was.

I know you're trolling and all... but that should make Bridgy a cert for CEO now since everyone says he is a nice bloke.

GazFish35
08-01-2015, 01:42 PM

Newcastle Jets Media Release
Thursday 8th January 2015.

Robbie Middleby & Ray Baartz Step Down

Chief Executive Robbie Middleby and Chairman Ray Baartz have resigned from their positions at the Newcastle Jets.

"My time at the Jets has been challenging, however as someone born and bred in Newcastle, it has been an honour to be part of this club and football community and I will be forever grateful for that opportunity."

"This decision has been a very difficult one but one that I have made in the best interest of the club and especially my family. I have, and will always support this club and wish the members, staff and players all the best for the future. I hope that this decision can aid the transition to new ownership and allow the club to start a new chapter."

"I will use the next few weeks to support the mid-season review process and making this decision now will allow me to give an honest and independent appraisal of where the club is at and provide recommendations of how it could best move forward." said Middleby.

Ray Baartz said "Football in the Hunter region has always been a major part of my life and it has been a privilege to be involved with the Jets. I wish the fans and everyone involved at the club all the best for the remainder of the season and in particular the ongoing future of this great club."

The club will now begin the process of appointing a new CEO.

GazFish35
08-01-2015, 01:47 PM

bring him back

He got gorman's job when FFA stepped aside.

plague
08-01-2015, 01:51 PM
I know you're trolling and all...

I don't troll, I entertain the masses at the expense of the idiots.

Bridgey as CEO though, that is a brilliant idea.
He played in the Premier League you know.

redwah
08-01-2015, 02:04 PM

Or money...

Jetmaster
08-01-2015, 02:06 PM
Newcastle Bridges FC....noice!

pv4
08-01-2015, 02:07 PM
Bridgey as CEO though, that is a brilliant idea.
He played in the Premier League you know.

How is his tapas bar doing?

plague
08-01-2015, 02:26 PM

Good question.
How could it not be a success, he played in the Premier League you know.

Jeterpool
08-01-2015, 02:34 PM

I'm hungry now

Grimario
08-01-2015, 02:36 PM
I'm hungry now

Talk to pv4, get a zooper dooper :gent:

Couscous
08-01-2015, 02:45 PM
Never been to Bridges's bar. What are the prices and food like?

northern_swan
08-01-2015, 02:48 PM
Tory Palmer interim CEO paying $1.01 I'd reckon.

Maintain the rage, Tinks & Troy out

pv4
08-01-2015, 02:49 PM
Good question.
How could it not be a success, he played in the Premier League you know.

Also, he's British.

If there were ever a pre-requirement to success in the world, particularly the football and Spanish tapas world, it is that you are British and have played in the PL.

borat
08-01-2015, 02:54 PM
Its an interesting move. Sounds to me like Middleby is ready to dump on Stubbins or Palmer or both and is getting out early before the fallout and inevitable responsibility he held.

leftrightout
08-01-2015, 03:38 PM

That has nothing to do with todays events!

lquiquer
08-01-2015, 03:45 PM
The mid season review completed the following appointments are recommended:
CEO: R. Baartz
Chairman: R. Middleby
:whistling:

sammydog
08-01-2015, 04:07 PM

bring him back

Your kidding yourself if you think anyone can come in under tinkers reign and fix things. He is the problem, not the staff working under him.

ForeverRed
08-01-2015, 06:26 PM
Whooaa donkey back it up.

We ain't rid of him yet.

The bloke is till running the review.

:bs:

Every Rose Has its Thorn

Jeff green, former NNSWF president is running the review, Baartz signed stubbins and Steele

Jeterpool
08-01-2015, 07:02 PM
Your kidding yourself if you think anyone can come in under tinkers reign and fix things. He is the problem, not the staff working under him.

You're exactly right too.

GazFish35
08-01-2015, 07:15 PM
Jumped before he was pushed I reckon.
Tinkler must have found all the new training balls hidden at his house with the Star Wars figurines.

Wonder if my Robbie middleby KFC Udergen trading card just went up in value?

MFKS
08-01-2015, 08:01 PM
I am less convinced that this is necessarily a good thing.

Could swear it is just another piece being moved into position in Tinks game of chess to get rid of the club.

Is he putting the FFA in a spot to force them to buy the licence off him ???:confused::whistling::whistling:

Or is he setting us up to fold???

My2BobsWorth
08-01-2015, 08:15 PM
Bridgey for CEO, coach and capitano. Get the boots back on Bridgey.:pissup:

Jetmaster
08-01-2015, 08:20 PM

After your carry on the last 18 months - you have to be kidding !?

MFKS
08-01-2015, 08:21 PM
Would neg rep if I could for that

Tommyjet
08-01-2015, 08:21 PM

Not now Michael

Jetmaster
08-01-2015, 08:23 PM
The timing, plus two going the same day, would indicate that something is going on behind the scenes. That "something" should be sorted by the time the league resumes we hope.

Just saw one Andy Roberts put up his hand on NBN to be new CEO - same Andy Roberts who was recently reported to having some ties with Dundee United?!

MFKS
08-01-2015, 08:27 PM
After your carry on the last 18 months - you have to be kidding !?

No I am not.

There is a degree of uncertainty hanging over the club now.

Owner who don't care
No CEO
Shit coach
Shit players
No media manager
No Baartz

As much as Middlebys departure should have me over joyed the future is a mystery and it don't look good.

Any coincidence Laws/Baartz/Middleby go all within a week??
Tinks about to try and embarrass the FFA whilst Asian Football chiefs in town????

The whole thing ain't sitting well at present.

Getting rid of Middleby is one thing but I want a club to cheer on next season and unfortunately there is far too much doubt coming into that equation now

My2BobsWorth
08-01-2015, 08:27 PM
The timing, plus two going the same day, would indicate that something is going on behind the scenes. That "something" should be sorted by the time the league resumes we hope.

Just saw one Andy Roberts put up his hand on NBN to be new CEO - same Andy Roberts who was recently reported to having some ties with Dundee United?!

We'll have the best ties in the league.

MFKS
08-01-2015, 08:29 PM
We'll have the best ties in the league.
Robbo fits them for their suits already

borat
08-01-2015, 08:36 PM
Jumped before he was pushed I reckon.
Tinkler must have found all the new training balls hidden at his house with the Star Wars figurines.

Wonder if my Robbie middleby KFC Udergen trading card just went up in value?

Any review is going to conclude to some extent that we signed a dud coach and players. I have never been in the 'Middleby out' camp but its inevitable that some of the responsibility must fall on Middleby for that. Baartz I have no idea but always saw him as a figurehead only.

sammydog
08-01-2015, 08:38 PM

Could swear it is just another piece being moved into position in Tinks game of chess to get rid of the club.

Is he putting the FFA in a spot to force them to buy the licence off him ???:confused::whistling::whistling:

Or is he setting us up to fold???

Setting the club up to fold would be a final **** you to Newcastle from Tinkler. I don't think it will come to that though. FFA must be sitting back watching waiting to step in, my question is how bad does it have to get for them to jump in.

GazFish35
08-01-2015, 08:51 PM
At least we know Andy Roberts can run a business.

baldrick
08-01-2015, 08:52 PM
Setting the club up to fold would be a final **** you to Newcastle from Tinkler. I don't think it will come to that though. FFA must be sitting back watching waiting to step in, my question is how bad does it have to get for them to jump in.

End of the season, if we don't have a new owner

Jetmaster
08-01-2015, 08:54 PM
We won't fold...but with Dundee Utd offering to take on board the debt only, Tinks could be making a move to get FFA to pay him his pound of flesh to leave quietly.

foti68
08-01-2015, 09:45 PM
We won't fold...but with Dundee Utd offering to take on board the debt only, Tinks could be making a move to get FFA to pay him his pound of flesh to leave quietly.

This is all good but what worries me is the FFA might look at it another way. With all the chances Newcastle has been given in this code dating back to 1978 we have failed on every opportunity, when will the FFA say enough is enough and sell the licence to another region. I hope this never happens but dollars talk and bullshit walks.

sammydog
08-01-2015, 09:53 PM
This is all good but what worries me is the FFA might look at it another way. With all the chances Newcastle has been given in this code dating back to 1978 we have failed on every opportunity, when will the FFA say enough is enough and sell the licence to another region. I hope this never happens but dollars talk and bullshit walks.

The member numbers and Foxtel mean that is unlikely to happen.

MFKS
08-01-2015, 10:38 PM
The member numbers and Foxtel mean that is unlikely to happen.

Unlikely maybe but it is an issue that ain't going away anytime soon and whilst ownership stability in Newy is an issue it is always a possibility.

They though are more likely to **** over the gypos first but they done it to GC and NQF so never count the chickens

weston
08-01-2015, 10:41 PM
I'd rather have the uncertain mysterious future than the certain to Newcastle jets football club which was the way in looked to be heading. With uncertainty there's still hope.

sammydog
08-01-2015, 10:50 PM
Unlikely maybe but it is an issue that ain't going away anytime soon and whilst ownership stability in Newy is an issue it is always a possibility.

They though are more likely to **** over the gypos first but they done it to GC and NQF so never count the chickens

We need to be more concerned with the FFA merging us with CCM. I'd consider the club no more if that happened, but I think thats a bigger possibility than us simply folding.

hawk
08-01-2015, 10:52 PM
Jeff green, former NNSWF president is running the review, Baartz signed stubbins and Steele

for some reason RM is staying to help run review

There is a degree of uncertainty hanging over the club now.

Owner who don't care
No CEO
Shit coach
Shit players
No media manager
No Baartz

not quite for mine.
our current team could be 4th with decent management

GazFish35
08-01-2015, 10:59 PM
FFA has some case to answer for their due diligence on ousting Con, and replacing him with Tinks.

I think uncle frank got drunk on the idea of mining money solving the issues at the time (see Clive Palmer being allowed at the table) and took a punt of big Tinks actually caring about newcastle having a football team.

BodyNovo
08-01-2015, 11:03 PM
He did care until he ran out of dosh

If anything frank should have done his due diligence on tinklers ability to make business decisions

Tinks is just holding the club for ransom atm

sammydog
08-01-2015, 11:07 PM
James Garder is saying on twitter the Palmer will be the new CEO.

MFKS
08-01-2015, 11:15 PM

That would be so Newcastle Jets if that becomes true:violin:

hawk
08-01-2015, 11:24 PM
palmer out

furns
08-01-2015, 11:30 PM
Palmer has already stated he is gone as soon as the club is sold.
Hopefully this is sooner rather than later.

And it will be interesting to see if all the RM haters realise that Palmer was the one making the decisions anyway. The problem is and always has been the Chairman (Palmer) and Owner (Tinks), not the CEO or the other people under him.
They were doing the best they could with what they have been dealt.

lquiquer
08-01-2015, 11:47 PM
Palmer has already stated he is gone as soon as the club is sold.
Hopefully this is sooner rather than later.

And it will be interesting to see if all the RM haters realise that Palmer was the one making the decisions anyway. The problem is and always has been the Chairman (Palmer) and Owner (Tinks), not the CEO or the other people under him.

Then they should have realised last year that they were only puppets and should have quit before season started instead of selling the nightmare we've inherited. They knew well before season started Tinks wanted out, that there was no money, that Stubbins was never first choice and that we could not afford Marquee players. But no, .... they told us: Join the fight, we have a strong squad able to make finals..... Blah blah blah bullshit...... Who wants to be a CEO who has no control?...

northern_swan
08-01-2015, 11:48 PM

Tory Palmer interim CEO paying $1.01 I'd reckon.

Maintain the rage, Tinks & Troy out

Boom! Called it early! (Pg 18)

Thomas477
08-01-2015, 11:56 PM
Baartz was the chairman.

I'm glad Middleby is gone, Baartz too, to a lesser extent. Hopefully it means the club can move forward now. I would welcome Andy Roberts as our new CEO if it does happen, as he would almost be the perfect mix between local businessman and football fan.

But while I was an aside advocate for Robbie to go, I hope he does find another job quickly after this, just not anywhere near us pls.

sammydog
08-01-2015, 11:58 PM
Then they should have realised last year that they were only puppets and should have quit before season started instead of selling the nightmare we've inherited. They knew well before season started Tinks wanted out, that there was no money, that Stubbins was never first choice and that we could not afford Marquee players. But no, .... they told us: Join the fight, we have a strong squad able to make finals..... Blah blah blah bullshit...... Who wants to be a CEO who has no control?...

Maybe that thought they could have some form of positive influence within the organization by staying in their roles this season.

Jeterpool
09-01-2015, 07:17 AM
Baartz was the chairman.

I'm glad Middleby is gone, Baartz too, to a lesser extent. Hopefully it means the club can move forward now. I would welcome Andy Roberts as our new CEO if it does happen, as he would almost be the perfect mix between local businessman and football fan.

But while I was an aside advocate for Robbie to go, I hope he does find another job quickly after this, just not anywhere near us pls.

Who then faces the same operating conditions Robbie did, who you start to get the shits with and demand Robers out.

As many have said, this is like treating the symptoms and not the cancer itself. Nothing will change until the owner has gone. We could have the best in the world but under the business operating model tinks has set up the key decision maker is powerless to make strong decisions. And before it's said well that's his fault etc, would you all be going to your boss and stand up to them?

I reckon RM has fought and fought and fought and he's finally had enough so he's had to think about himself, finally, and not the members and fans of the club

defor
09-01-2015, 08:14 AM
We need FFA to take control and find new owner(football people)just don't let northern nsw football any where near the control of jets

MFKS
09-01-2015, 08:15 AM

Bang on.

The glass half fullers keep making all the excuses under the sun for his efforts.

All that needs to be said if he had no control no influence no ability to do anything as everything is Tinks and Palmers fault then the bloke still put his hand out for a pay cheque for 4 years straight. Exactly what was he doing then to get the pay cheque??

Tinks and Palmer are defo not without fault for their involvement in what we have become but Middleby has shown very little when we had Tinks funding us and even less when Tinks hasn't been.

No matter what way you want to look at it the opportunity was there for Middleby to state his credentials in troubled times and stand up be innovative and maintain a level of respect in the community for himself and the club by having the club run as well as it can despite the issues with Tinks. Failure on all fronts

defor
09-01-2015, 08:19 AM
nice to see cons name mentioned, without him there is no Newcastle jets, for anyone to save. if this club survives,they should honour his name in some way

Jeterpool
09-01-2015, 08:30 AM
The glass half fullers keep making all the excuses under the sun for his efforts.

Don't mistake glass half fullers with those who were looking for a bit more transparency by looking past the CEO and at those pulling the strings.

northern_swan
09-01-2015, 08:38 AM
Pretty sure Andy Roberts put his hand up for chairman not CEO as some have stated in this thread

Retro Jet
09-01-2015, 08:52 AM

try to realise the truth...there is no club

No, there is no spoon (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzm8kTIj_0M)....
Hopefully going to the Wankerers or Gypos if we get this turd of a 'spoon' together.

MFKS
09-01-2015, 09:14 AM
Don't mistake glass half fullers with those who were looking for a bit more transparency by looking past the CEO and at those pulling the strings.
No dispute Tinks and Palmer have a lot to answer for.

The subject though here is Middleby not them

Jeterpool
09-01-2015, 09:17 AM

Are they not a contributing factor to the situation RM found himself in and therefore part of the debate?

hausmann
09-01-2015, 09:22 AM
The problem is and always has been the Chairman (Palmer) and Owner (Tinks), not the CEO or the other people under him.

Like I've said earlier, I don't think this was the case. As a CEO you have two currencies, money and spirit. I didn't see the club display enough (or any) spirit under Robbie Middleby. As supporters we were fed motivational clichés and he was rarely seen of late and rarely spoke with passion. I'm not judging his character, just his performance in a role.

The employees of the club under Tinkler were arrogant from the start and only humbled once their main trading currency (money) was withdrawn. A good CEO should have been on top of this from the start.

I witnessed lots of little tricks that a good CEO can use can keep moral high in the face of money constraints and pressure. In fact, I'd have to say that under George Liolio, I never laughed more or had higher spirits at any workplace, despite some of the VERY serious problems we faced. A lot of issues were absorbed by him and not passed on. Did any of this affect you guys in the 2006/07 season? There was never higher spirits or more noise in the stands that year and it was something we were very conscious of building.

George really laid a platform for John Tsatsimas where he only had to continue on the path already laid for him (not saying he wasn't a good CEO, he was, but George was visionary).

pv4
09-01-2015, 09:25 AM
#bringbackgeorge

redwah
09-01-2015, 09:41 AM

You dick....how many times do you need to change your tune just to keep up the whinging....for gods sake.....

plague
09-01-2015, 09:41 AM
nice to see cons name mentioned, without him there is no Newcastle jets, for anyone to save. if this club survives,they should honour his name in some way

Some of us still pray to the sweet baby Jesus every night in thanks for having given us Con.

Wilso8948
09-01-2015, 10:25 AM
Ffs people calling for a bloke who sells suits for a livin to be the next CEO of a national football team.. Legit ****ed if that happens

Grimario
09-01-2015, 10:31 AM
Ffs people calling for a bloke who sells suits for a livin to be the next CEO of a national football team.. Legit ****ed if that happens

Successfully sells suits. One of the big complaints from people re RM was that all he had done was play football and be in charge at another club when they went to shit.

Tommyjet
09-01-2015, 10:58 AM
I think I read somewhere that dundee utd is run by a 9 member board which Thompson (owner) chairs. There are 2 or 3 fan reps and the rest made up of businessmen from the area with financial ties to the club. I reckon andy Roberts would ideally be perfect to be a member of a board formed to run the jets and an integral link between the ownership and the fans.

I know we had a board at the beginning of tinks rule but that was basically dissolved before it grew legs. I think under a new ownership regime (especially one comprising of an overseas owner) a board involving andy Roberts and some fan reps would be ideal to connecting with the community.

Buddha
09-01-2015, 11:10 AM

Runs a pretty successful company, therefore knows how to run a business, loves the club and area with a passion that could arguably be unmatched by anybody else. Plus with the amount of money we don't have, it would be a pretty good decision

plague
09-01-2015, 11:39 AM

Gerry Harvey was a door to door vacuum salesman, Bill Gates a college dropout.

What's your point?

BodyNovo
09-01-2015, 11:48 AM
plus he wouldn't need a company car as he's got his KOMBI

Wilso8948
09-01-2015, 12:02 PM
There's 1000's of people in newy who run successful businesses. Does this automatically make them perfect candidate for a CEO of a football club? Or is it because he played in a ponytail?

Skirt Boy
09-01-2015, 12:09 PM
I'll take the job. Successful artist.

Just think of the season launches. :D

BodyNovo
09-01-2015, 12:13 PM
There's 1000's of people in newy who run successful businesses. Does this automatically make them perfect candidate for a CEO of a football club? Or is it because he played in a ponytail?

no but a bloke who runs a successful business and is heavily involved in the past, present and future of Newcastle is.

i don't think he is the perfect candidate, but he ain't the worst thats for sure

Wilso8948
09-01-2015, 12:18 PM
Yes I agree there is some positives however in my belief we should look to someone who could run this club standing on their head. Not take a punt on another local who has never sat in on a boardroom meeting. However this all depends on uncertainty surrounding the ownership

plague
09-01-2015, 12:26 PM

Kind of, yeah.
You see a CEO has the job of running the business, not putting out the cones at training or coming up with game plans.
They negotiate contracts, manage cashflow, employ people to do specific tasks and address the balance between overhead and expenditure.
So yeah, funnily enough the principals of running a business like a football club is like running most other businesses.

plague
09-01-2015, 12:28 PM
Yes I agree there is some positives however in my belief we should look to someone who could run this club standing on their head. Not take a punt on another local who has never sat in on a boardroom meeting. However this all depends on uncertainty surrounding the ownership

CEO reports to the board.
He is not part of it.

But yeah, keep going.

MFKS
09-01-2015, 12:29 PM

Agree despite him running a successful business we need much more than him at present. We actually need an experienced administrator with experience in the role previously whether that be our code or another code. Sure bring him into the equation but giving him all the responsibility is not a wise decision it is a gamble and I think we are beyond the stage of taking gambles

Other thing is the General is a legend in this area and taking on a gig like this will only see his halo lose its glow.
Just look at Baartz

lquiquer
09-01-2015, 12:37 PM
No one should accept the position till Tinks is gone........

belchardo
09-01-2015, 12:39 PM
No, there is no spoon (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzm8kTIj_0M)....

Hopefully going to the Wankerers or Gypos if we get this turd of a 'spoon' together.

Glad somebody got it!

sammydog
09-01-2015, 12:42 PM
No one should accept the position till Tinks is gone........

No one who values their career or reputation should accept the position or go anywhere near the club.

lil_masi
09-01-2015, 01:17 PM
No one who values their career or reputation should accept the position or go anywhere near the club.

Andy Roberts put his hand up to take the role on NBN news last night

baldrick
09-01-2015, 01:25 PM
You dick....how many times do you need to change your tune just to keep up the whinging....for gods sake.....

Remind me to never piss you off ;)

lquiquer
09-01-2015, 01:26 PM

Poor bugger......Hope they they don't make him wear the Gold Suit :fright:

sammydog
09-01-2015, 01:39 PM

For Chairman to replace Baartz, not Middleby's replacement as CEO.

Jetmaster
09-01-2015, 02:04 PM
I would like to see Michael Palin buy us and change our name to Barnstoneworth United...how often do we feel like this these days?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9KXrRUZqtw

plague
09-01-2015, 03:00 PM
This is a football club and a business

Yeah, how dare some business guy who played pro football for an extensive period want to help.

Serious, this is a level of lulz not seen since the Members' rookie season.

MFKS
09-01-2015, 03:05 PM
Yeah, how dare some business guy who played pro football for an extensive period want to help.

Serious, this is a level of lulz not seen since the Members' rookie season. :thumbsup:

Wilso8948
09-01-2015, 04:09 PM
Agreed

plague
09-01-2015, 04:24 PM
just like Paul the chief Harrigan, and Matt Gidley the business people and ex pro footballers, they wanted to help when in dire straits, however as expected they didnt have a clue in running a football club.

and you don't seem to have much of an idea on what these quasi-ceremonial 'chairman' positions are designed to do.

From my understanding Gidley (who is employed to 'run the club' not Harragon) has the appropriate pretty documents hanging in frames in his office that seem to indicate he's 'qualified' for his job. Whether he's doing a good job or not I can't tell. The Knights have always been struggling to balance the books, and if you think things are crook now then any number of people will gladly tell you stories of previous admins disgraceful behaviour.

Also, these sports admin jobs aren't all that high paying for someone who is a successful businessman so most of the people you are thinking of wouldn't be assed taking the role., unless of course they were doing it out of love/support for the club. Which brings us back to the kind of people who feel obliged to help i.e. Ex players.

And around and around we go.

Hunter403
09-01-2015, 04:34 PM
Glad somebody got it!

We got it. Just ignored it :rof:

MFKS
09-01-2015, 05:07 PM
of course i dont have an idea, only u do?
maybe you should run the Jets?
plague- grow a brain, you whinge and complain with the rest about the debarcle the jets are in, and you would settle for amatuer options- complete overhaul is the only option, or like the rest of the sporting clubs now that dont exist, the jets will be next.
its people like you that contribute to this shit football identity in Newy
my view- get over it, just like your opinion.

maybe dutchy holland or Big Dog, Super Hubert- they are all newy legends as well- fk me!

This bloke has a lot of potential Plague

Problem is he spends too much time getting trolled himself :rol:

MFKS
09-01-2015, 05:08 PM
plague- grow a brain, you whinge and complain with the rest about the debarcle the jets are in, and you would settle for amatuer options- complete overhaul is the only option, or like the rest of the sporting clubs now that dont exist, the jets will be next.

maybe dutchy holland or Big Dog, Super Hubert- they are all newy legends as well- fk me!

Problem is he spends too much time getting trolled himself

plague
09-01-2015, 05:16 PM

Awww man, you seem to have me confused with someone else.

My initial response was replying to a condescending comment from someone telling Andy Roberts to 'stick to selling suits'. You picked up the ball and ran with it.

If you can find instances of me 'whinging and complaining' can you please post I'd love to see. All I can see are criticisms of specific decisions made by Middleby/Club which I disagreed with. But yeah, as I said you may have me confused with someone else.

As for running the club, in a previous life I used to run a business (bigger than the Jets) which was also owned by a bunch of undesirables. But I saw the light and went into business for myself. I love my life way too much to go back down that road. If I was older/more financially secure I'd actually be more than happy to get involved. Sadly though I'm not the kind of person these organisations seem to employ.

I'm actually the kind of person who has tried in the past to invest in the club at a corporate level but been treated like shit so I didn't bother. So yes my money has def been placed where my mouth is, but no one wanted to kiss me it seems.

But anyway keep throwing shit at people trying to discuss the issue. It's coming across real well at the moment.

plague
09-01-2015, 05:18 PM

Problem is he spends too much time getting trolled himself :rol:

Doesn't seem to know whether he's Arthur or Martha does he.

Anyway leave us alone I'm trying to have an adult discussion with the bloke.

Grimario
09-01-2015, 05:19 PM
For anyone that hasn't seen this on twitter yet...

https://soundcloud.com/1233newcastle/newcastle-jets-ceo-robbie-middleby-steps-down

Craig Hamilton on ABC with RM

Wilso8948
09-01-2015, 07:03 PM
Awww man, you seem to have me confused with someone else.

My initial response was replying to a condescending comment from someone telling Andy Roberts to 'stick to selling suits'. You picked up the ball and ran with it.

If you can find instances of me 'whinging and complaining' can you please post I'd love to see. All I can see are criticisms of specific decisions made by Middleby/Club which I disagreed with. But yeah, as I said you may have me confused with someone else.

As for running the club, in a previous life I used to run a business (bigger than the Jets) which was also owned by a bunch of undesirables. But I saw the light and went into business for myself. I love my life way too much to go back down that road. If I was older/more financially secure I'd actually be more than happy to get involved. Sadly though I'm not the kind of person these organisations seem to employ.

I'm actually the kind of person who has tried in the past to invest in the club at a corporate level but been treated like shit so I didn't bother. So yes my money has def been placed where my mouth is, but no one wanted to kiss me it seems.

But anyway keep throwing shit at people trying to discuss the issue. It's coming across real well at the moment.
Says the bloke who threw shit on me when I dare say that andy Roberts isn't the man for the job. Ffs

plague
09-01-2015, 07:49 PM
Says the bloke who threw shit on me when I dare say that andy Roberts isn't the man for the job. Ffs

No, I took your silly condescending comment, provided a thoughtful, factual response and asked you to provide an explanation as to how you decided that he wasn't the man for the job (which you still haven't).

If that is throwing shit then consider me the Mitchell Johnson of poo flinging.

Wilso8948
09-01-2015, 07:57 PM
So all of a sudden you're the be all and end all of arguments. Sorry I'll remember next time that my opinion means **** all

plague
09-01-2015, 08:35 PM
So all of a sudden you're the be all and end all of arguments. Sorry I'll remember next time that my opinion means **** all

not sure where you get these assertions from but you're sorely mistaken.
I'm all for listening.
Your opinion matters.
Your condescending, ill informed comments dont.

boz-monaut
09-01-2015, 08:40 PM
stop being dickheads

we're going to have to dish out bans soon

My2BobsWorth
09-01-2015, 08:47 PM

Serious, this is a level of lulz not seen since the Members' rookie season.

I know the perfect bloke, names barz or sumink

plague
09-01-2015, 08:50 PM
stop being dickheads

i will try, theres a first time for everything.

OK, back on topic.
Middleby OUT.........oh wait hes gone.

/thread.

Jeterpool
10-01-2015, 08:05 AM
Just another thread that shows why this forum had turned into a complete disgrace.

If you lot knew half the issues that goes on behind the scence's you wouldn't be jumping and dancing around like you are.

The issues don't lie within 'The jets' itself, it's more to do with the lack of support by HSG and those in charge of that side of the business.

The club itself can only run and operate within the the fences that the bigger powers place it between.

Timmy, now RM has left would you be willing divulge?

joel31
24-01-2015, 07:58 PM
Robbie's a genius. Got out before we hit rock bottom

MFKS
24-01-2015, 07:59 PM

No he is not.

He is just as culpable for the damage being done.

If he had of done his job well in the first place we would not be in this predicament

Pico
24-01-2015, 08:23 PM

Hahaha, that's cute, you think this is rock bottom, you ain't seen nothing yet!

twenny20
26-01-2015, 12:14 AM
Just another thread that shows why this forum had turned into a complete disgrace.
If you lot knew half the issues that goes on behind the scence's you wouldn't be jumping and dancing around like you are.
The issues don't lie within 'The jets' itself, it's more to do with the lack of support by HSG and those in charge of that side of the business.
The club itself can only run and operate within the the fences that the bigger powers place it between.

after all the fallout you are the disgrace. plenty of insider info, shares none, cant get ya own way so everyone on here is at fault. complains that supporters are shit cause they dont know enough, what a wanker.
You arent too important so if you know something share it. what ive been told you have put in a huge effort into the squadron which isnt easy but power does stupid things to people.
Its not just hsg but the club staff which ****ed this club. I dont see you around hanging out with coporate buddies now trying to dig it out when everything goes to shit.

hausmann
26-01-2015, 11:06 AM
after all the fallout you are the disgrace. plenty of insider info, shares none, cant get ya own way so everyone on here is at fault. complains that supporters are shit cause they dont know enough, what a wanker.
You arent too important so if you know something share it. what ive been told you have put in a huge effort into the squadron which isnt easy but power does stupid things to people.
Its not just hsg but the club staff which ****ed this club. I dont see you around hanging out with coporate buddies now trying to dig it out when everything goes to shit.

What makes you think you have the right to attack someone like this? I can't see anything in what you have written that even remotely appears like a legitimate, reasoned judgement of Tim or his behaviour. Just looks like a jealous hater rant that you'd find on Youtube comments. Why don't you pause a think before you post something attacking someone because if you don't you will be the one who ends up looking like a fool.

northern_swan
26-01-2015, 11:40 AM
Twenny20 with the truth bombs....

Thomas477
26-01-2015, 12:20 PM
:popcorn:

plague
26-01-2015, 12:21 PM
because if you don't you will be the one who ends up looking like a fool.

To be fair we all look like fools for turning up to Jets games.

howardyou
26-01-2015, 09:30 PM
To be fair we all look like fools for turning up to Jets games.

At least we are consistent if nothing else...

furns
26-01-2015, 11:54 PM

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about mate. So if you ever post that sort of tripe again, yours will be the shortest career on this foz in history.

Premy
26-01-2015, 11:59 PM
You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about mate. So if you ever post that sort of tripe again, yours will be the shortest career on this foz in history.
Whilst he has gone about it the wrong way he does have a valid point.

The dire situation we find ourselves in maybe it's time for the whispers yourself and Tim have heard to become not so secret.

furns
27-01-2015, 12:11 AM
I can't speak for anyone else, but I am not about to divulge info told to me in confidence. That's if I had any, which I don't.
As far as the RM situation goes, I heard the same info everyone else did. That it was people above him calling the shots, and he had to work within those constraints.

pv4
27-01-2015, 12:45 AM
So did Robbie Middleby have any say in appointing GVE and/or Stubbins, or does your info say that the people above him did that and he had no say?

furns
27-01-2015, 02:33 AM
Am not sure, but I think RM wanted Arnold but was vetoed based on how much he would cost. Stubbins was the option in our price range.

Premy
27-01-2015, 06:12 AM
I can't speak for anyone else, but I am not about to divulge info told to me in confidence. That's if I had any, which I don't.
As far as the RM situation goes, I heard the same info everyone else did. That it was people above him calling the shots, and he had to work within those constraints.
It's a bit ironic then to say to a bloke "you know nothing" when you also know nothing, at least nothing more than the general public know on the topic.

hausmann
27-01-2015, 10:28 AM
Whilst he has gone about it the wrong way he does have a valid point.

The dire situation we find ourselves in maybe it's time for the whispers yourself and Tim have heard to become not so secret.

What is stopping you or anyone from contacting the club/forming relationships with people within the club to find things out for yourself.

The truth is that private conversations are not meant to be just blurted out to everyone on a public internet forum as it usually involves a betrayal of trust. And for what? What you do or don't know isn't going to make any difference.

Over the years, I have discerned when and if to reveal things I knew from heading up the Squadron or being in the Jets admin. When I posted some things that I thought to be fairly significant, I was amazed to see that the information just flew over the heads over everyone without a comment, and it seemed that few people who posted on this forum really cared deep down about the ins and outs of football administration, couldn't grasp the implication or couldn't do anything with the information. It was throwing pearls at swine, so to speak. Most people just want information that is of gossip value, nothing more.

Better that Tim be the judge of what to say, if anything. I certainly wouldn't recommend doing it just because someone like Twenny20 throws baseless insults at him.

Premy
27-01-2015, 10:51 AM
No one has stopped you or any other person from contacting the club/forming relationships with people within the club to find things out for yourself. If you did, you would find out pretty quick if they think you are just using them for the "inside scoop".

The truth is that private conversations are not meant to be just blurted out to everyone on a public internet forum as it usually involves a betrayal of trust. And for what? What you do or don't know isn't going to make any difference.

Over the years, I have discerned when and if to reveal things I knew from heading up the Squadron or being in the Jets admin. When I posted some things that I thought to be fairly significant, I was amazed to see that the information just flew over the heads over everyone without a comment, and it seemed that few people who posted on this forum really cared deep down about the ins and outs of football administration, couldn't grasp the implication or couldn't do anything with the information. It was throwing pearls at swine, so to speak. Most people just want information that is of gossip value, nothing more.

Better that Tim be the judge of what to say, if anything. I certainly wouldn't recommend doing it just because someone like Twenny20 throws baseless insults at him.

Whilst I agree with you it is hardly just to criticize people and say "you know nothing" and then not disclosing what you know.

We may know nothing but twenty20 was just responding to an attack from Tim, agree he didn't respond in the right manner but what he was trying to say does carry weight.

plague
27-01-2015, 10:56 AM
I'd like to see all Foz members emails and text messages being made public.
Let the rest of us be the judge of what is and isn't necessary.

Where's Julian Assange when you need him?

Skirt Boy
27-01-2015, 11:12 AM
Personally if you come across as somebody who says "I know this but I can't say what it is I know" I think you are a ****ing twat and really are actually part of the problem we find ourselves in as a club since you have falling for the "Get the "senior" fans onside to keep em quiet routine.

And it would be like me trying to flogg off that I know how Next Top Model works because I photographed one of the models on the show. Makes you sound like a tosser.

hausmann
Whilst I agree with you it is hardly just to criticize people and say "you know nothing" and then not disclosing what you know.

We may know nothing but twenty20 was just responding to an attack from Tim, agree he didn't respond in the right manner but what he was trying to say does carry weight.

But Tim did make a critical statement after he said "you know nothing". He told the forum exactly what he wanted to, that he believed the issues were coming from higher up in HSG.

Providing greater detail than that would not add anything. What real difference would it make to you if he tells you that (speculation) "Palmer shot down the appointment of Arnold and shot down all attempts to recruit decent players"? It doesn't change his conclusion that he made public, that the problems are coming from higher up in HSG.

You either take his opinion or leave it. He disclosed what he wanted to.

pv4
Am not sure, but I think RM wanted Arnold but was vetoed based on how much he would cost. Stubbins was the option in our price range.

And you're not sure on the GVE choice?

Premy
27-01-2015, 11:15 AM
All I was pointing out was thp ironyy of all this.

I agree blokes have the right to keep things said to them private.
If you're going to criticize people about what they don't know and use what you do know as the base of that criticism without disclosing what you know then surely you can see the irony

hausmann
27-01-2015, 11:15 AM
Personally if you come across as somebody who says "I know this but I can't say what it is I know" I think you are a ****ing twat and really are actually part of the problem we find ourselves in as a club since you have falling for the "Get the "senior" fans onside to keep em quiet routine.

And it would be like me trying to flogg off that I know how Next Top Model works because I photographed one of the models on the show. Makes you sound like a tosser.

Again, he didn't just say "I know and you don't". He said the problems are coming from higher up in HSG.

plague
27-01-2015, 11:36 AM

I will only think of you as a tosser if you fail to provide the afforementioned pics.

Thomas477
27-01-2015, 12:14 PM
I will only think of you as a tosser if you fail to provide the afforementioned pics.

+1

Premy
27-01-2015, 01:19 PM
Again, he didn't just say "I know and you don't". He said the problems are coming from higher up in HSG.
"If you lot knew half the issues that goes on behind the scence's you wouldn't be jumping and dancing around like you are."
That quote would suggest different, admittedly he pointed out the HSG problem but that is not unknown knowledge to the public.

I would like to say I've nothing against Tim or Furns I've only ever had brief dealings with either of them and I hope they read this. This is nothing personal as I know others have used the forum to attack them before and twenty20's post comes across as that way. I'm simply stating my observation as I would to any other forum members.

The Dunster
27-01-2015, 02:00 PM
The CEO is always at the mercy of the Chairman / directors in any business. To think that Middleby was anything more than their muppet is little more than clutching at straws.

It's much like the press trying to sell the idea to the public that Allan Joyce as the one calling the shots at Qantas. Nothing could be firther from the truth.

MFKS
03-02-2015, 08:32 PM
Newcastle Jets Media Release
Thursday 8th January 2015.

Robbie Middleby & Ray Baartz Step Down

Chief Executive Robbie Middleby and Chairman Ray Baartz have resigned from their positions at the Newcastle Jets.

"My time at the Jets has been challenging, however as someone born and bred in Newcastle, it has been an honour to be part of this club and football community and I will be forever grateful for that opportunity."

"This decision has been a very difficult one but one that I have made in the best interest of the club and especially my family. I have, and will always support this club and wish the members, staff and players all the best for the future. I hope that this decision can aid the transition to new ownership and allow the club to start a new chapter." "I will use the next few weeks to support the mid-season review process and making this decision now will allow me to give an honest and independent appraisal of where the club is at and provide recommendations of how it could best move forward." said Middleby.

Ray Baartz said "Football in the Hunter region has always been a major part of my life and it has been a privilege to be involved with the Jets. I wish the fans and everyone involved at the club all the best for the remainder of the season and in particular the ongoing future of this great club."

The club will now begin the process of appointing a new CEO.

Just re read this.

Timeline
Middleby Quits 8th January
Tinkler reverse his decision to sell the club 9th January

Seems bizarre that Middleby goes one day talking about new owners and the next day Tinks does his backflip and expects people to believe him.

Exactly what did Middleby "know" before he left that hastened his departure??