PDA

View Full Version : Middleby OUT

Pages : [1] 2

MFKS
15-07-2013, 03:04 PM
Just got a letter from the man himself.

Letter dribbling on that according to his records MFKS hasn't paid his membership money and needs to cough up by the end of the month or he will miss out on another season of circus like activity at Stade de Newy under the Egg.

Now the baffling part about this is that if he searched his records correctly he would find MFKS is a paid up card carry member of Circus GVE.

At least 50c of Tinks dwindling millions wasted on this shit. 50c that could have been better spent on giving someone a pay out and a map to Centrelink.

****ING DISGRACE

leftrightout
15-07-2013, 03:10 PM
Seriously, how has it taken so long for this thread to begin?

boz-monaut
15-07-2013, 03:13 PM

my thoughts exactly

Grimario
15-07-2013, 03:14 PM
Middleby is a ****ing joke. Despite unsubscribing in the members desq thing, sending them emails and TELLING THEM ON THE ****ING PHONE, I get letters with alarming regularity for the two guys I sat with THREE SEASONS ago.

militiamon
15-07-2013, 03:19 PM
East and West,
North and South,
Bloods and Crips,
ForeverRed and Zico,
Zads Lads and parksey,
Hools and cap-in-the-shape-of-a-jet people,
all unite for one great cause.

:banned2::banned::ban::banned::ban:

Grimario
15-07-2013, 03:22 PM
East and West,
North and South,
Bloods and Crips,
ForeverRed and Zico,
Zads Lads and parksey,

Not getting behind this cause until THE BURNS UNIT is officially recognised.

Unless Middleby has ****ed that up as well, then I am all aboard :bandwagon:

q-money
15-07-2013, 03:23 PM
lay down your uzi's and your AK's

Rocknerd
15-07-2013, 03:42 PM
East and West,
North and South,
Bloods and Crips,
ForeverRed and Zico,
Zads Lads and parksey,

I thought we were Latin Kings, you know with the Gold and everything.

Thomas477
15-07-2013, 06:03 PM
Top thread MFKS.

Sign me up to the Middleby out bandwagon.

And for those that haven't seen it yet, Middleby is on the Jets Insider this week.

pv4
15-07-2013, 06:04 PM
You have my sword

Jeterpool
15-07-2013, 06:38 PM
Plague needs to be the only mod for this thread

15-07-2013, 06:43 PM
This thread should have been the prequel to the GVE OUT thread. If it were not for this incompetent never was player come pretender sports administrator we would not have had the most over rated coach in the history of the HAL rejoin us.

Biggest WOFTAM to still be earning some coin from the game.

plague
15-07-2013, 06:56 PM

For the same reason there's no signs telling us to drive on the left side of the road.
Just common knowledge innit?

plague
15-07-2013, 06:58 PM
Plague needs to be the only mod for this thread

I'm the Rosa ****ing Parks of the Middleby Out movement.

GazFish35
15-07-2013, 07:04 PM
For the same reason there's no signs telling us to drive on the left side of the road.

Tbf, there's quite a few keep left signs around.

But I agree with you.

militiamon
15-07-2013, 08:07 PM

I'm the Rosa ****ing Parks of the Middleby Out movement.

lololol

Hail plague!

Someone get Fist to come on here and retell the story of Middleby and the Star Wars figurines.

MFKS
19-07-2013, 11:37 AM
Whens this ****ing green brown and white kit getting ****ing released for purchase??

A competent ****ing CEO would see the fans get what they want.

Why the ****ing hold up???

MIDDLEBY OUT.

On the basis of this **** up I won't be buying until one condition is met.

Some bloke in the yoof team needs promoting to the senior team so I can get the shirt personally tailored to suit :fap:

russjaybee
19-07-2013, 12:40 PM
It's always more efficient to cut out the Middle Man.

timmy_v
19-07-2013, 01:20 PM
Just another thread that shows why this forum had turned into a complete disgrace.

If you lot knew half the issues that goes on behind the scence's you wouldn't be jumping and dancing around like you are.

The issues don't lie within 'The jets' itself, it's more to do with the lack of support by HSG and those in charge of that side of the business.

The club itself can only run and operate within the the fences that the bigger powers place it between.

Jeterpool
19-07-2013, 02:17 PM
Just another thread that shows why this forum had turned into a complete disgrace.

If you lot knew half the issues that goes on behind the scence's you wouldn't be jumping and dancing around like you are.

The issues don't lie within 'The jets' itself, it's more to do with the lack of support by HSG and those in charge of that side of the business.

The club itself can only run and operate within the the fences that the bigger powers place it between.

That may be the case Tim - I don't doubt your privileged to comments or inside knowledge to which the average forum punter is not exposed.

Before it is said, if Middleby isn't willing bagging out his employers publicly then I can understand that. It wouldn't achieve anything and would result in him losing his job and if put in the same shoes I would do the same. But the result of this is he becomes the scapegoat for what we are seeing.

To be fair, we as fans can only comment on what we see happening and what is said from the club, be that through the media (which is a danger) or from releases in the club.

timmy_v
19-07-2013, 03:07 PM
Yeah I fully understand that most fans can only make opinions based on what they see in the media and what so ever, but alot of the time common sense needs to come into it and members on ere have been around the track enough to know the games of the media and the crap that goes with it.

But sadly being in newcastle and gettin information of a bloke that knows a guy, who drinks with a guy is just a stupid way to get information and then try to write negative comments like they do on here. This whole forum has become a joke and is just full of utter bullshit that makes us all look so stupid.

The club has a culture and ways of operating, they have been in place way before any CEO was appointed or back room staff hired. The small club culture that is the jets is why we are struggling both on and off the field.

Opinions should be constructed on results, and since the new take over of the club and those involved we are in a alot better position then before and those ex club employees need to let bygones be bygones and move on from the issues in the past and stop using this forum as a way to take revenge.

Players will come and go, it's life as a footballer and as person. We are all chasing what we want in life and the Jets in the past have let players do so, aswell as spotting talent and giving them a shot.

q-money
19-07-2013, 03:12 PM
Opinions should be constructed on results.
you can see why many people have a low opinion of the current state of affairs then

russjaybee
19-07-2013, 03:12 PM
Opinions should be constructed on results, and since the new take over of the club and those involved we are in a alot better position then before

Wait, what?

Don't get me wrong I don't actually have anything against Middleby, my comment in this thread was clearly just a stupid joke, but this seems like a strange statement?

Jeterpool
19-07-2013, 03:21 PM
Yeah I fully understand that most fans can only make opinions based on what they see in the media and what so ever, but alot of the time common sense needs to come into it and members on ere have been around the track enough to know the games of the media and the crap that goes with it.

But sadly being in newcastle and gettin information of a bloke that knows a guy, who drinks with a guy is just a stupid way to get information and then try to write negative comments like they do on here. This whole forum has become a joke and is just full of utter bullshit that makes us all look so stupid.

The club has a culture and ways of operating, they have been in place way before any CEO was appointed or back room staff hired. The small club culture that is the jets is why we are struggling both on and off the field.

Opinions should be constructed on results, and since the new take over of the club and those involved we are in a alot better position then before and those ex club employees need to let bygones be bygones and move on from the issues in the past and stop using this forum as a way to take revenge.

Players will come and go, it's life as a footballer and as person. We are all chasing what we want in life and the Jets in the past have let players do so, aswell as spotting talent and giving them a shot.

I agree common sense, or what we perceive to be common sense, doesn't always prevail. And yes the local media (or one in particular) certainly have an agenda to push.

I guess with the long off season it lends itself to posters allowing their imagination to run wild and threads can quickly get out of hand. I don't disagree with what you say about opinions based on results, but also on what we see as effort coming on behalf of the players and the style of football our management team send them out to play. This is something I personally haven't seen lately which has me questioning how well things really are going. I don;t think we were playing well consistently last year, nor were we overly positive in our general play and tactics

It's a shame if, as you say, the club has a small-minded mentality. I too can see this coming through from the outside at times and with the growth in the sport recently and the number of people playing it locally the opportunity exists to really epxand the club.

At the end of the day we all want a successful team and when that doesn't happen people often look for someone to blame. I guess that's why we've seen this thread some in to play.

19-07-2013, 03:34 PM
Opinions constructed on results, WTF ? If that were the case there would be no opinions at all because we don't get results other than the fact our keepers have the most touched in a game LOL.

plague
19-07-2013, 03:36 PM
I don't get my Jets info from the media. I get it from Middleby. Maybe if he explained things to us the same way he does to you Tim then maybe we'd all be a bit more sympathetic.
Unfortunately he uses the same bland comments for every answer so what are we to think?
In my opinion the Ryan Grifgiths situation was handled poorly and nothing Middleby has said has convinced me otherwise. If there's more to it then how bout a bit of honesty and explain the situation better? If it was wage pressures/unworkable relationship/Star Wars figures that was behind it then just tell the truth.
While ever he thinks I'm not deserving of better then what do I owe him?

q-money
19-07-2013, 03:37 PM
haha, who said it the other day?

the goalkeeper - the new libero: by gary van egmond

:rof:

My2BobsWorth
19-07-2013, 05:05 PM
Did someone fart in here?

Jeterpool
19-07-2013, 05:43 PM
haha, who said it the other day?

the goalkeeper - the new libero: by gary van egmond

That would have been me

Thomas477
19-07-2013, 07:10 PM
Middleby Insider this week. They actually asked a few of my more tough questions, as opposed to my easier ones.

Whole Q & A below:

Kasey Peters asks via email: What do you think having five players selected in the Socceroos squad says about the club?

Robbie Middleby (RM): It’s well deserved recognition for all those individual players, but from a Club perspective, it shows we’re building towards something for the future.

We’ve given players the opportunity to excel in the A-League, especially the younger ones and they’ve been rewarded for their performances with selection in this Socceroos squad.

We take a lot of pride in that and I think this experience with the national team will hold those players in good stead for the coming season and beyond.

@Samnizzi asks via Twitter: Are you signing Nathan Burns?

RM: Nathan Burns is a player who would definitely compliment our current squad. Unfortunately things haven’t worked out with the moves to Greece and Korea, but it would be great to have him back in the A-League. Our Members will be the first to know if there are any developments regarding Nathan.

@thommo477 asks via Twitter: Robbie, why did the club pass up the opportunity to sign Marcos Flores, a proven number 10, which is what we need?

RM: Marcos was certainly a player that was considered. In the end, Marcos has signed with the Mariners now and we’re looking forward to coming up against them in this season’s F3 Derbies.

@thommo477 asks via Twitter: Robbie, why do say that we are struggling under the cap with places, when we can move youngsters outside of it?

RM: As a Club, we have an overall player budget. In regards to the A-League salary cap, we will always adhere to the regulations but explore any opportunity to utilise the salary cap concessions.

Josh Harris asks via email: When can we expect the new away strip to arrive?

RM: The approval process and production of a new playing strip takes time, but we’re working with our kit supplier ISC and hoping to have them ready by late August or early September. In the meantime, you can pre-purchase the new Heritage Away Strip from our online store to ensure you’re one of the first ones to own the strip when it does arrive.

@thommo477 asks via Twitter: Robbie, do you feel any pressure on your job given the run of poor league results since you became CEO?

RM: I feel a massive responsibility to the football community of Newcastle and the Hunter region. While on-field results haven’t been what we wanted in the last couple of seasons, we’ve made considerable improvements in a number of other key areas such as Membership, average attendance, sponsorship, time in the community, corporate sales and merchandise sales. We’ve also been heavily involved with NNSWF to provide our local juniors the best opportunity to become elite players through the Emerging Jets program.

I understand that the overriding factor is the on-field results and they haven’t been what we’ve wanted. I feel a big obligation to get this right and I’ll continue to strive to do so, for everyone that supports our game in the region.

@thommo477 asks via Twitter: Why is the club playing so many lower level trial matches? Surely the best way is to play A-League teams?

RM: After consultation with the football department, the thought process was that because the pre-season is so long, it would be good to play against clubs in the local community early on in the pre-season, to put back into the football in the Hunter region.

Unfortunately the weather forced us to call a couple of those games off, but we’re looking forward to our upcoming matches against Weston Bears FC and the NBN State League Select team.

We are working on locking in a number of matches against A-League opposition for later on in the pre-season.

Tori Klein asks via email: How are our Membership numbers tracking? Are we likely to beat last year’s figures?

RM: We’ve been really pleased with the start to our Membership campaign with more than 5,000 Members already signing up. It’s difficult to predict what the final total will be, but we’ve had over 10,000 Members the last two seasons and we would like to sustain that level.

We understand that we’re coming off a disappointing season last year with us not making the top six, but I’m sure each Member that signs up for this season can expect an improvement on that, because as a football club that’s what we expect from ourselves.

@Telfordfan asks via Twitter: What is happening in regards to a striker being signed? We need a replacement for Ryan Griffiths.

RM: We’re still working through the process of signing a player to complement our attacking options at the moment, and we’re hopeful of having a signing to announce in the near future.

@Tommyjet262 asks via Twitter: Will the club look at getting a scout? Gary van Egmond seems to struggle at finding good overseas talent?

RM: It has always been a difficult challenge for Clubs to find imports who are able to adapt to the lifestyle and the type of football we play here in Australia.

There have been some exceptional foreign players play in the A-League, but there have also been a number who haven’t performed as expected. Our football department will continue to utilise its overseas contacts to monitor foreign players and we’ll continue to strive to get the best foreign players that become available.

WM asks via email: The team looks like its shaping up nicely, but with all the other clubs showing movement in their rosters for the up and coming season. When are we Jets fans going to hear about who the Jets are looking at to fill the last few players in our roster?

RM: The priority for the football staff was always to secure an attacking option and as I said earlier, hopefully we will be able to have that position finalised in the near future.

In defence at the moment we have Taylor Regan who has been doing very well in pre-season, Connor Chapman who is returning from the U-20 World Cup and All Stars game, Josh Mitchell who is on the way back from injury and Sam Gallaway who is versatile across the backline. In saying that, we’ll continue to look at options for the centre-back position.

Owen Blackwood asks via email: Are you surprised to see Joel Griffiths leave Sydney FC and go back to China?

RM: Now that Australia is part of Asia, players will always look at options in that region because of the wages they can demand, especially players looking for financial security towards the back end of their career. Because football is the world game, we’ll always be competing with overseas Clubs for talented players.

I think the stronger the A-League gets and the potential of more money coming into the game, we should hopefully be able to keep players here for longer.

His response to my question about the player budget seems to tie in with Timmy's comment about HSG playing hard ball.

timmy_v
19-07-2013, 08:52 PM
Sry, should have said that within the football industry opinions should be based upon results. Officials, players and coaching staff etc...

seldom
19-07-2013, 09:00 PM
Poor old Middleby....still manages to pick up his cheque each week even though his hands are tied

hawk
19-07-2013, 10:33 PM
@thommo477 asks via Twitter: Robbie, do you feel any pressure on your job given the run of poor league results since you became CEO?

RM: I feel a massive responsibility to the football community of Newcastle and the Hunter region. While on-field results haven’t been what we wanted in the last couple of seasons, we’ve made considerable improvements in a number of other key areas such as Membership, average attendance, sponsorship, time in the community, corporate sales and merchandise sales. We’ve also been heavily involved with NNSWF to provide our local juniors the best opportunity to become elite players through the Emerging Jets program.
hang on. So every bastard is helping to further this club through support, membership, sponsorship, corporate but you robbie and your cohort admin imbeciles have done fkall to help the jets get results which is your biggest and by far most important objective. These "other" gains arent yours, they are the communties. you should not be paid for this. youth off the streets would be a better cause to assist.

....this is still valid regardless of the inner workings or lack of cash from the hierarchy...

The Dunster
20-07-2013, 07:59 AM
Knowing that I will never attend another Jets game gets easier and easier everytime I read a comment from Robbie Middleby. Thank you Robbie.

MFKS
20-07-2013, 03:39 PM

Tim every club has issues behind the scenes to deal with. Every club has issues with levels of support from "higher up"

Our club runs as well as the Management employed to run it actually do their job.

On a scale of 1% to 100% (with 100 being perfect) how do you rate the current levels with which our club is being managed by Middleby?? Even being generous I would struggle to think many would rate his performance at a 20% or higher level.

Seriously what are his achievements of note???

Also I find it hard to believe that he is the best candidate for the job available

timmy_v
22-07-2013, 09:12 PM
seems your opinion is set, so no need to raise mine.

Ive never had a issue dealing with any of the Jets CEO but Robbie would be the easiest to arrange and sort things out with as he understand the fans side of things as well as the playing side.

hawk
23-07-2013, 09:36 PM
sigh

plague
05-01-2014, 11:41 AM
Utter discrace.
Bloke is overlord of a abject failure of an organization.
If he's dopey enough to once again fall for the Ryan Griffiths 3 card trick I'll personally help him pack up his desk and escort him to the state line.
Plenty of room in the car for Deans and GVE as well.

Grimario
05-01-2014, 11:51 AM
Utter discrace.
Bloke is overlord of a abject failure of an organization.
If he's dopey enough to once again fall for the Ryan Griffiths 3 card trick I'll personally help him pack up his desk and escort him to the state line.
Plenty of room in the car for Deans and GVE as well.

North or South please. I am moving west to get away from him.

MFKS
13-01-2014, 01:10 PM
Bloke has finally achieved something of note with the signing of Griffo.

Only problem is it is for 6 months. Bloke should be resigned this week on rep alone for as long as he wants to play.

Anything else is a cop out. No excuses that we have to due diligence or anything like that as that wasn't required to give GVE a contract extension for achieving nothing

Make it Happen

@ReSignTheGriff#

howardyou
13-01-2014, 01:21 PM
Middleby seems to be doing well, even though his hands are tied by higher powers. And by that i don't mean Griff.

I had a good chat with him a month or so ago and he seems fairly devastated that he is being slagged out by fans for decisions that are out of his control.
He totally understands what is required but seems to be limited in his power to change things or make decisions for the good of the club. Sounds like a shit job if you ask me.

The Dunster
13-01-2014, 01:26 PM
Middleby is the greatest CEO in world football.

Hail Griff.

Jeterpool
13-01-2014, 01:31 PM
Middleby seems to be doing well, even though his hands are tied by higher powers. And by that i don't mean Griff.

I had a good chat with him a month or so ago and he seems fairly devastated that he is being slagged out by fans for decisions that are out of his control.
He totally understands what is required but seems to be limited in his power to change things or make decisions for the good of the club. Sounds like a shit job if you ask me.

I'm at that point too. The bloke sticks around despite the undoubted crap he's getting from above, hence actually keeping us stable. The club are using him as the fall back guy when stuff goes bad. We're just taking the bait.

It'd be a fine balance to be the middle man for the players agents, the manager, the board and the administration and trying to keep all parties happy.

In saying that, the decisions that keep everyone happy are often not the correct ones.

MFKS
13-01-2014, 02:06 PM

That concerns the shit out of me.

If his hands are tied why the **** would he care what dickheads like me and other people like Plague think of him??

If his hands are tied maybe he needs to explain the situation better to the fans so we don't see him as the bad guy in all this??

That being said he takes the pay cheque and for that he puts himself in the firing line for criticism/praise etc. Maybe that he is concerned about criticism shows that he isn't the man for the job. Maybe a true leader should be committed and unwavering in his approach believing he knows right and will take whatever criticism comes his way until he achieves his goals.

To give GVE some credit he at least does stick pretty loyal to his deluded idealism he has regardless of the criticism he gets

BodyNovo
13-01-2014, 02:25 PM
he signed griff

simply the worlds best CEO

close second is johny t.

Jeterpool
13-01-2014, 02:29 PM
If his hands are tied maybe he needs to explain the situation better to the fans so we don't see him as the bad guy in all this??

And bad mouth his employers in doing so? That would make his position untenable and would be the quickest way out the door. I wouldn't be doing that - jobs in Australian football are hard enough to get.

That being said he takes the pay cheque and for that he puts himself in the firing line for criticism/praise etc.

I agree. It comes with the territory. I'm criticised in my job because people don't like my decisions but also get praise when something works.

Maybe that he is concerned about criticism shows that he isn't the man for the job. Maybe a true leader should be committed and unwavering in his approach believing he knows right and will take whatever criticism comes his way until he achieves his goals.

I don't know Member. He is human after all. And it's not like he's come out and said publically he's concerned. He has said it in a private conversation. Howardyou could be making it all up for all we know (not saying you are though, howardyou. Just making a point). We know his goals (i.e. the club's goals) are to make the Top 6. His decisions this year have all been made to reach that target from what I can tell.

To give GVE some credit he at least does stick pretty loyal to his deluded idealism he has regardless of the criticism he gets

I can accept this. He's pretty much stuck to his guns except for when the club appeared to force his hand late last season with the selection of Taggart, Bridges, etc.

I wonder if Gary is concerned by the public criticism he get too? He's human too and I'd bet he's had a similar conversation with people as Middleby had with howardyou.

Good post mate, btw.

pv4
13-01-2014, 02:48 PM
If anyone doesn't think Robbie Middleby should be with the Jerks until retirement or death need only read the below (WARNING: may be NSFW so have changed to white text)

Robbie Middleby is putting Joel Griffiths in an e&c jersey.

plague
13-01-2014, 03:12 PM
Who's to say his hands weren't tied and the Griff was signed against his will?

Tinks is the only mofo we need to be thankful for (oh and if course Griff).

MFKS
13-01-2014, 03:56 PM
And bad mouth his employers in doing so? That would make his position untenable and would be the quickest way out the door. I wouldn't be doing that - jobs in Australian football are hard enough to get.

Doesn't have to bad mouth Tinks/Palmer and anyone else involved in HSG. Just needs to be a little more clearer in delivering the message to the fans. Far too many cliches/complete PR Bullshit comes from them. Too many times we are left in the dark as to what the **** is going on and a lot of bullshit speculation could be nipped in the bud by getting the HSG version out there correctly.

The silence poor information just makes him look like the fall guy for incompetence when getting the message out would devoid him and everyone else at HSG of blame

I understand their entitled to spend Tinks money how they see fit and don't have to tell us plebs **** all but a bit more honesty ie we viewed the opportunity and on costs couldn't justify affording it so made a decision not to proceed etc could be used not the usual silence

militiamon
13-01-2014, 04:56 PM
Who's to say his hands weren't tied and the Griff was signed against his will?

Tinks is the only mofo we need to be thankful for (oh and if course Griff).

Agreed.

And I think people are forgetting all those times Middleby DIDN'T sign Griff.
Middleby out.

sanchez
15-01-2014, 11:27 PM

He's CEO ffs. The nuts of his job description is "You're in charge of the club. F*cking run it".

While I'm sure Tinkler has the final say on most (all) things. The clusterf*ck of issues that have presented themselves in Robbie's tenure seem to mostly be those type of decisions that would be made by the CEO, not the owner.

As long as GVE still is employed by the Jets, then Middleby out...

MFKS
18-01-2014, 07:45 AM
Righto.

Having slept poorly on last nights dire display I wonder if Middleby will have the cajones to make a ****ing decision for the benefit of our club and remove the Manager Post haste.

Excuse as to why he can't do it being we have to pay the prick out.

Well by my counts he has 4-6 months of wages due tops. Assuming he is on 200k then that would make 100k tops to sack the **** TODAY.

By my counts we have 10k of ****ing Members and I am pretty certain 99% of them want him gone.

Raise our Memberships all $10 next year and **** the **** off NOW

Either that or we can have a whip round to raise the money.

Tommyjet
18-01-2014, 09:34 AM
Righto.

Having slept poorly on last nights dire display I wonder if Middleby will have the cajones to make a ****ing decision for the benefit of our club and remove the Manager Post haste.

Well by my counts he has 4-6 months of wages due tops. Assuming he is on 200k then that would make 100k tops to sack the **** TODAY.

By my counts we have 10k of ****ing Members and I am pretty certain 99% of them want him gone.

Yep enough is enough

Thomas477
18-01-2014, 09:35 AM
I always ask though, who do we get to replace him? It has to be a local coach, coz I can't see Middleby getting a foreigner in.

northern_swan
18-01-2014, 10:36 AM
Righto.

The member makes sense. I'll drop a pineapple to see the prick off to Centrelink.

halo se7en
18-01-2014, 01:24 PM
Pay GVE out for the season, and let Deans run the show for the remainder. All the players seem too afraid to ****ing do anything on the pitch. We've seen several young players go horribly backwards under him… maybe it's better to just give them free reign for the season. Release the shackles, let them enjoy football again, and then they can look forward to a new manager next season. It won't cost us a cent more… if anything it's one less airfare/bus trip they have to pay for every away game.

Hunter403
18-01-2014, 03:48 PM
Pay GVE out for the season, and let Deans run the show for the remainder. All the players seem too afraid to ****ing do anything on the pitch. We've seen several young players go horribly backwards under him… maybe it's better to just give them free reign for the season. Release the shackles, let them enjoy football again, and then they can look forward to a new manager next season. It won't cost us a cent more… if anything it's one less airfare/bus trip they have to pay for every away game.

Only downside with this is that as GVE sat out half time yesterday, then Deans must have been in charge and the second half was still tripe.

halo se7en
19-01-2014, 08:05 AM
Only downside with this is that as GVE sat out half time yesterday, then Deans must have been in charge and the second half was still tripe.

Second half was an improvement in the first... they actual came out with marginally more energy & intent ;)

MFKS
20-01-2014, 11:59 AM
CRECIT WHERE IT IS DUE THE BLOKE IS ****ING ON THE UP BIG TIME

First Brings Back the Griff
Second sacks GVE
Third reads the Foz as he seems to be pilfering ideas from here.

Well Done

Now time to FIRE DEANS
Deans Out

PS ROBBIE >> More Helpful advice from the Foz

Give Joel Griffiths a job as some type of obscure role as a coach (Helping people pull chicks or something) and pay him a shitload this season so next year you can pay him minimum wage to play and rort the salary cap.
You know it makes sense

sanchez
20-01-2014, 08:14 PM
Dear Robbie,

If Griff plays on Sat, you can stay. I said so.

Your potential fan,
Sanch.

MFKS
24-01-2014, 09:54 PM
Dear Robbie

Griff Plays tomorrow night and this thread title changes to Middleby In
I will see it is done

Warm Regards

Love MFKS

PS If he don't get cleared this thread will be the most active over the ****ing weekend. Won't be my doing though

PPS Be a good sport and get him ****ING CLEARED FFS

sanchez
25-01-2014, 12:20 AM
Dear Robbie,

I sent the club a heartfelt email regarding Griff's clearance at approx 11:45pm. I am yet to receive a satisfactory response 35 minutes later.

Sort it out.

Regards,
Sanch

plague
25-01-2014, 06:57 PM
Come back when you're ready boys. I'll be here.

Pico
25-01-2014, 08:44 PM
I'm ready now plague.

plague
25-01-2014, 08:45 PM
I'm ready now plague.

Welcome aboard mate. Just shuffle across a bit, there's a few more waiting to jump on.

Pico
25-01-2014, 09:03 PM
I think we might need to shuffle these deck chairs a bit, even if it achieves nothing... probably going to be standing room only soon.

Thomas477
25-01-2014, 11:22 PM
Never left......

plague
27-01-2014, 01:19 PM
Hi Robert;
Long time forum reader, infrequent forum poster here.
How's that whole Joel Groffiths clearance thing going?
Hope you had a good long weekend.

Cheers,
P.Lague.

MFKS
29-01-2014, 01:08 PM
Out of curiosity with the whole Lord Griffo no clearance saga thingy.

I take it that we as a club are paying Griffo for the 3 weeks ongoing as he gets himself super fit whilst he awaits this clearance.

No knocking Griff but not only is Middleby getting us screwed on the clearance but he is also getting us screwed paying Griffs wages whilst we await the dispute to be resolved.

Only in Newy would shit like this be tolerated from the CEO of the club

militiamon
29-01-2014, 01:47 PM
^ That occurred to me as well. He would definitely have been getting paid from the moment he signed on.

It's like the whole Jason Culina saga all over again.

Blackmac79
29-01-2014, 04:25 PM
We've been middlebyed.... Twice!

Pico
29-01-2014, 06:12 PM
more like "we've been Robbed"

pudy
30-01-2014, 01:37 PM
Middleby in.

BodyNovo
30-01-2014, 01:39 PM
the a leagues greatest CEO does it again

praise middleby

MFKS
30-01-2014, 01:39 PM
DEAR ROBBIE

Next Job >>> Deans Out

Make it Happen

q-money
30-01-2014, 01:41 PM
you're my sunshine r-middz

militiamon
30-01-2014, 06:04 PM
Fan-favourite CEO Robbie Middleby

plague
02-02-2014, 08:08 PM
Ahem.
No doubt lost in the euphoria of finally getting a bloke on the park (albeit 2weeks after we were told he would be), and the joy in finally not losing a game (with the bonus of scoring goals), is that we are second last.
The only team below us was the one that flogged us recently.

Middleby OUT.

plague
04-02-2014, 08:09 PM
So a player has an outburst at a ref and now it is deemed by Middleby that he needs counselling at his own expense.
Maybe some of that frustration was the pathetic way Middleby handled his signing?
Seriously Middleby, this is a ****ing joke.

MFKS
04-02-2014, 08:48 PM
So may be I should ring the club tomorrow morning and put my hand up for some self funded counselling as I was swearing my ****ing head off at the ref too.

Whats good for the players should also be good for us fans

hawk
04-02-2014, 10:51 PM
So may be I should ring the club tomorrow morning and put my hand up for some self funded counselling as I was swearing my ****ing head off at the ref too.

Whats good for the players should also be good for us fans

this session would have at least 11000 people there

furns
05-02-2014, 03:34 PM
ffs some of you people are ridiculous.
You change from Middleby IN to Middleby OUT more often than a hammalanche on gameday.

He signed the griff, he got the ITC so he could play, he acknowledged the theft of star wars figures.
What more do you people want?

plague
05-02-2014, 03:39 PM
You change from Middleby IN to Middleby OUT more often than a hammalanche on gameday.

I never flip flopped.
Stuck strong I did.

Middleby out.

MFKS
05-02-2014, 05:14 PM

He signed the griff, he got the ITC so he could play, he acknowledged the theft of star wars figures.
What more do you people want?

Maybe that is the joy of Middleby

One minute he is in next minute he is out.

One of those blokes you jump on and off the bandwagon at will

Thomas477
05-02-2014, 06:48 PM
I never flip flopped.
Stuck strong I did.

Middleby out.

+1

plague
09-02-2014, 10:58 PM
Hi Robbie;
Just letting you know that we are still 2nd last.
We are also now closer to last than we were last week.
Maybe next year ay?

Hunter403
10-02-2014, 06:52 AM
Our managnemt needs a clean out. We sign unfit players who have been without a game for weeks or months. We sign other teams cast offs who were not up to standard when they were at other teams. We miss the signing of every good player that becomes available.

It seems that for whatever reason the club is viewed as an undesirable place to be by the other players in the league. Managment is my answer. Both of the team and in the back office. The clear preference of the owner for the league half of his investment doesn't help either.

Thomas477
10-02-2014, 05:08 PM
This is what I've been saying.

In Middlebys own words, the coach isn't the only one who approves the signing of players, Middleby and Baartz have a say as well. We've had 4 coaches since Tinks took over and only 1 CEO. We haven't made the finals in a long time. Middleby has to go. He has shown he is incompetent. I mean FFS, he presided over the train wreck that was Fury. I don't know of any other business that would hire a CEO that has just ran another business into the ground.

Middleby has to go.

MFKS
10-02-2014, 05:14 PM
This is what I've been saying.

In Middlebys own words, the coach isn't the only one who approves the signing of players, Middleby and Baartz have a say as well. We've had 4 coaches since Tinks took over and only 1 CEO. We haven't made the finals in a long time. Middleby has to go. He has shown he is incompetent. I mean FFS, he presided over the train wreck that was Fury. I don't know of any other business that would hire a CEO that has just ran another business into the ground.

Middleby has to go.

I Don't know any other club that would sack their coach over look the assistant demote the assistant to the youth team and then not have the bloke actually coach the team. Then appoint an untried rookie coach from the Youth team to the senior spot when we have big issues and need a experienced coach as well as promote some bloke who can't get in the side to an assistant manager spot so he can get himself selected more often despite him having no significant credentials for the job.

YET WE DO

10-02-2014, 05:22 PM
If i was too have a guess i reckon Middleby's biggest KPI is the Jets playing finals this season , hence GVE getting the ass at such a pivitol time. If we don't play finals i think the Middleby OUT will not be an issue, he will be next to get the ass.

I know a lot of people bang on about Palmer but truth is if the CEO is doing an acceptable job there is no need for Palmer to even get a mention or be seen. The reason Palmer always seems to be drawn into situations is because Middleby is just so blatantly incompetent in his role.

Its almost worth it when you consider all the poor and costly decisions he has presisded over.

MFKS
11-02-2014, 05:20 PM
Plague how advanced are you in your plans for a gameday Middleby Out protest.

Just watching the Smurfs carrying on the other night should have you well inspired

plague
11-02-2014, 09:48 PM
Plague how advanced are you in your plans for a gameday Middleby Out protest.

Just watching the Smurfs carrying on the other night should have you well inspired

I've been doing it for about 3 years farkern.

militiamon
11-02-2014, 10:31 PM
Уволить Миддлебы и деканов - Тинклер

pistolpete
11-02-2014, 10:36 PM
You forgot to add: ура, тем не

lquiquer
11-02-2014, 10:38 PM
Уволить Миддлебы и деканов - Тинклер

Your search - Уволить Миддлебы и деканов - Тинклер - did not match any documents.

Suggestions:

Make sure that all words are spelled correctly.
Try different keywords.
Try more general keywords.
Try fewer keywords.

Militiamon OUT.... :lol:

militiamon
11-02-2014, 10:39 PM

pistolpete
11-02-2014, 10:39 PM
My Russian is dodgy so if that doesn't make sense it was: cheers, nev

militiamon
11-02-2014, 10:42 PM
haha, as soon as I saw the cheers part I knew what it would be pete :grin:

Also Google Translate wouldn't convert Middleby to Cyrillic, wtf. Conspiracy?

pistolpete
11-02-2014, 10:44 PM
It's a ****ing disc race

toad
11-02-2014, 10:45 PM
קריאות עידוד,
נב

militiamon
12-02-2014, 12:38 AM
Hava, nagila
Hava, nagila
Hava, nagila
Middleby Out

Skirt Boy
12-02-2014, 11:14 AM
Scheiß auf die Geschäftsführer rechts ab!

The Dunster
12-02-2014, 11:41 AM
Suppose Bridges wants to be the Jets coach nest season.
For this to happen he needs the worst possible option to be installed this season.
Failures at the W-League and Youth League level make Clayton Zane the worst possible option.
So Bridges gets rid of GVE and has Zane installed as Coach and gets himself conveniently installed as his assistant. How convenient.
Deans is relegated back to youth league and once Bridges takes over next season getting rid of Deans will be high on his list of priorities.

In case anyone is wondering. No I don't like Bridges. Never have and never will. Since he arrived this clubs gone to shit and I hardly think it's a coincidence.
The fact that he's not good enough as a player anymore is the least of our worries.

Nostradunster.

belchardo
12-02-2014, 12:32 PM
PM me the lotto numbers then please. :D

MFKS
18-02-2014, 02:20 PM
Plague this bloke is doing my head in.

Any chance of a senior position in your war cabinet??

MFKS
19-02-2014, 05:20 PM
Plague this bloke is doing my head in.

Any chance of a senior position in your war cabinet??
Well??

DO I have to beg or what???

plague
19-02-2014, 06:49 PM
Well??

DO I have to beg or what???

Wots he done now?
3 weeks ago you were kissing his ass for signing Griff.
My stance hasn't altered for 2 years.

MFKS
19-02-2014, 06:53 PM
Wots he done now?
3 weeks ago you were kissing his ass for signing Griff.
My stance hasn't altered for 2 years.

Shits changed since then such as

GVE re hiring. ****ing Disgrace
Kale ignored ****ing Disgrace
Bridges appointment ****ing Disgrace
Carney Signed yet not fit to play ****ing Disgrace
Griffos clearance saga ****ing Disgrace
Griffo to seek counselling ****ing Disgrace
Deans not fired ****ing Disgrace

Need I go on??

GazFish35
19-02-2014, 08:02 PM
Please dont

howardyou
20-02-2014, 03:36 PM
Shits changed since then such as

GVE re hiring. ****ing Disgrace
Kale ignored ****ing Disgrace
Bridges appointment ****ing Disgrace
Carney Signed yet not fit to play ****ing Disgrace
Griffos clearance saga ****ing Disgrace
Griffo to seek counselling ****ing Disgrace
Deans not fired ****ing Disgrace

Need I go on??

I'm sure Middleby will let you have a go at it if you think it is so easy.

Thomas477
20-02-2014, 03:43 PM

MFKS In.

MFKS
20-02-2014, 10:23 PM

I never said it was easy.

It just ain't anywhere near as hard as he makes it look

plague
21-02-2014, 12:11 AM
i dont know Member.
1.Make an ass of yourself.
2.Contradict statements to suit your needs.
3.Cut a swathe of destruction wherever you go.

reakon you're a natural.

belchardo
21-02-2014, 08:30 AM
i dont know Member.
1.Make an ass of yourself.
2.Contradict statements to suit your needs.
3.Cut a swathe of destruction wherever you go.

reakon you're a natural.

:lulzturtle: :lulz:

plague
22-02-2014, 03:10 PM
By the way.
This Monday has NOT been declared a public holiday.
Some poor bastards will be forced to work.
Middleby, McCloy and O'Farrell. Disc-race.

Middleby OUT.

MFKS
22-02-2014, 03:34 PM
By the way.
This Monday has NOT been declared a public holiday.
Some poor bastards will be forced to work.
Middleby, McCloy and O'Farrell. Disc-race.

Middleby OUT.

Excuse me for my ignorance but whats so special about this Monday for the need for a public holiday??

plague
22-02-2014, 03:42 PM
Excuse me for my ignorance but whats so special about this Monday for the need for a public holiday??

get your shit.
pack up all your stuff.
get in your car.
and get the **** out of this forum.
this is quite possibly the most disc-raceful post in the history of everything.

I am very disappoint in you member. you should know better.

northern_swan
22-02-2014, 03:43 PM

24/02/08

The day we done it

MFKS
22-02-2014, 04:10 PM
get your shit.
pack up all your stuff.
get in your car.
and get the **** out of this forum.
this is quite possibly the most disc-raceful post in the history of everything.

I am very disappoint in you member. you should know better.

:lulzturtle:

So should you :trolls:

I Knew i would get a bite out of someone I just ever expected it to be you:tongue:

Thomas477
22-02-2014, 04:12 PM
24/02/08

The day we done it

We done it Newcastle!

It's up there with the most important speeches of our lifetime.

plague
22-02-2014, 04:14 PM
:lulzturtle:

So should you :trolls:

I Knew i would get a bite out of someone I just ever expected it to be you:tongue:

nice try pal.
nobody believes you.
just admit you forgot, face east, say a thousand Griffs and all will be forgiven.

Thomas477
22-02-2014, 07:58 PM
Hi guys. Still plenty of room in the bandwagon.

Jetmaster
23-02-2014, 10:31 AM
The spine of the team is now pretty good..

Middleby...have the brain and find two things.

A quality coach who has balls, will manage the players with authority and stamp a clear playing style based around those players.

A NUMBER 10 FFS !!! Maybe even two with a backup. It will not surprise me to see us get the spoon as the only team without a quality playmaker.

23-02-2014, 10:49 AM
We had a bloke who could put on a killer final ball and to the best of my knowledge was happy to stay inside the cap after a guest stint and one season. Sadly we kept the wrong pom to keep Heskey company.

Jetmaster
23-02-2014, 10:51 AM
We had a bloke who could put on a killer final ball and to the best of my knowledge was happy to stay inside the cap after a guest stint and one season. Sadly we kept the wrong pom to keep Heskey company.

Don't go there, think of all the players we have let go who openly stated they wanted to stay.....had we kept most of them and made Mulvey coach when he begged for it we would be in a far different world now.

Makes you cry.

Thomas477
15-03-2014, 11:53 PM
*cough, cough*

MFKS
16-03-2014, 12:51 AM
4 years No finals
It's time for a change

GVE OUT
DEANS OUT
ZANE OUT
BRIDGES OUT
MIDDLEBY OUT

**** them all off

Thomas477
13-04-2014, 06:55 PM
Middleby took over in April 2011. We haven't made the finals since he was announced as our CEO.

We've had 4 coaches since then and none have reached the finals. Middleby is the common factor.

He has to go.

13-04-2014, 08:05 PM
Middleby took over in April 2011. We haven't made the finals since he was announced as our CEO.

We've had 4 coaches since then and none have reached the finals. Middleby is the common factor.

He has to go.

My vote for post of the year.

Regardless of how some think he may not have much a " real " say behind the scenes, fact is he puts his hand out every week for his remuneration and has the title CEO so he needs to accept the responsibilities and consequences for repeated under achieveing.

plague
13-04-2014, 08:37 PM
Bit harsh don't you think?
Heard he's a nice bloke, ergo should keep the job etc etc.

GazFish35
13-04-2014, 08:54 PM
He's CEO in title only.

most of us have4 been around since april '11 maybe its us?

whats he to do? if he agitates too much, argues to spend money plamer wont let him and he gets punted, the next guy comes in and we end up with a succession of ceo's, or he quits and the same thing happens.

the only thing i can see that he should do more of is enage a wider afn abse in consistent liasions bewteen the club and the fans, minute these meetings and use the direct fan feedback as evidence to palmer that things need to change.

"your club in the pub" type meetings.

Buddha
13-04-2014, 09:41 PM
Let's just play Hockey instead.

But srsly.

New coach
New CB to partner Kew
Sign Carney and Griff
Number 10.
If sell Brill and Taggz then RB cause Griff will be ST and Hoole out wide

MFKS
13-04-2014, 09:41 PM
He's CEO in title only.

whats he to do? if he agitates too much, argues to spend money plamer wont let him and he gets punted, the next guy comes in and we end up with a succession of ceo's, or he quits and the same thing happens.

the only thing i can see that he should do more of is enage a wider afn abse in consistent liasions bewteen the club and the fans, minute these meetings and use the direct fan feedback as evidence to palmer that things need to change.

Finally some captivating discussion on the subject. Either your pissed or your posting from a phone ****ing up your spelling.

Ummm answers still No

Lets have a look at his record at Fury It was great there too!!!

Add in the bloke walked out on playing for the NEWY to play for the Smurfs.

Seriously how do you support this bloke after that??

13-04-2014, 09:48 PM
He's CEO in title only.

Just have to agree to disagree Gaz.

If he is a CEO in name only then he is nothing more than a mickey mouse CEO and after several seasons of no finals football the last thing we need is one of these.

GazFish35
13-04-2014, 09:51 PM
I dont. but one thing weve lacked around this joint is stability.

he's a lap dog for the money man. was the same at Fury. biggest similarity is either club wouldn't spend money.

I'd rather see fan unease be thrown at Palmer and HSG, not the guy they pay to the face of their charade at wanting to run a football club.

Thomas477
13-04-2014, 10:42 PM
He's CEO in title only.

How many of us are making decisions about how the club is run? That's hardly a valid point.

If he does get punted, and we have a succession of CEOs, at least we have a better chance of getting someone that knows what they're doing. Stability is great, yes, but we've had stability and it's gotten us nowhere in the past 3-4 years! Enough is enough, he puts his hand out to collect his wage as CEO, it's about ****ing time he starts acting like one. If Middleby isn't the one making the decisions, what the **** is he doing? Playing Football Manager? If he's not the one running the club, he needs to go.

It makes me long for the days of instability under Con when we actually made the finals and won ****ing derbies.

GazFish35
14-04-2014, 07:54 AM
Sweet, let's have Troy Palmer making decisions without anyone arguing for football.

If Middleby goes, who do we have replace him? (Not an argument for him to stay, a genuine question)

Thomas477
14-04-2014, 08:16 AM
Sweet, let's have Troy Palmer making decisions without anyone arguing for football.

If Middleby goes, who do we have replace him? (Not an argument for him to stay, a genuine question)

How do we know that with Palmer calling the shots we won't be in a better position than we are ATM? And Baartz is still there, so you'd imagine he would have something to say in the decisions, otherwise what's he doing there?

Honestly? I don't know, but surely there's a better option out there. All I'm saying is that Middleby has had his chance, and while some off field areas have been good, such as memberships numbers, it has been an underwhelming 3 years since he took over. Everything from not having the kits ready until early December FFS, to selling RyGriff for peanuts, to hiring GvE, had been a shambles. Surely Palmer hasn't been making all those decisions?

BodyNovo
14-04-2014, 08:29 AM
Middleby brought Griff back.

all arguments against his job are invalid close thread

pv4
14-04-2014, 08:40 AM
middleby brought griff back + e&c.

All arguments against his job are invalid close thread

ftfy

GazFish35
14-04-2014, 08:50 AM
How do we know that with Palmer calling the shots we won't be in a better position than we are ATM? And Baartz is still there, so you'd imagine he would have something to say in the decisions, otherwise what's he doing there?

Honestly? I don't know, but surely there's a better option out there. All I'm saying is that Middleby has had his chance, and while some off field areas have been good, such as memberships numbers, it has been an underwhelming 3 years since he took over. Everything from not having the kits ready until early December FFS, to selling RyGriff for peanuts, to hiring GvE, had been a shambles. Surely Palmer hasn't been making all those decisions?

I suppose what I'm saying is Middleby has been hamstrung by Palmer, and any other CEO will be too.

Pico
14-04-2014, 10:39 AM
..... surely there's a better option out there.

People said the same thing about Con and his management too....

plague
14-04-2014, 10:59 AM
Middleby brought Griff back.

all arguments against his job are invalid close thread

No he didn't, Palmer obviously did.
Same with E&C, that was also Palmer.

Middleby doesn't make any decisions remember.

The Dunster
14-04-2014, 11:01 AM
Next season will be harder than this season for us to make the final series.
Taggart won't be back and it's unlikely Brillante will be here either.
Heskey, Carney, Griffiths, and Burns each played crucial roles at the club this season but it is unlikely we will see them all turn up for the Jets next season.
Heskey will either retire or price himself out of the jets calculations.
Carney will be chased by clubs far more cashed up than the Jets.
Griffiths might stay but again, he's shown that he is still top class and as such will be in demand.
Burns, if he ever escapes from his current club will also be sought after by many other clubs and again, it's difficult to imagine him choosing the Jets when better options will exist.

BodyNovo
14-04-2014, 11:05 AM
No he didn't, Palmer obviously did.
Same with E&C, that was also Palmer.

Middleby doesn't make any decisions remember.

So we rename the thread title palmer out?

MFKS
24-04-2014, 05:40 PM
Hey Tinks whilst you are cleaning house at jets HQ :wink::whistling:

No GVE No more Deans and support staff. Players were changed in GVEs clear out

We are almost down to the barebones of working out the reasons for our constant ineptitude.

It is now either the fans fault or the club managements fault:whistling:

militiamon
02-05-2014, 10:39 PM
Hey, how's everyone going?

Thomas477
03-05-2014, 09:07 AM
Hey, how's everyone going?

Still keeping The Hatred. How about you?

Grimario
03-05-2014, 09:25 AM
Clark and Bridges as our brains trust, FMD.

Living in Adelaide is even more of a bonus now.

plague
08-05-2014, 02:34 PM
Ok I tried.
I really really tried.
But I'm back.

plague
08-05-2014, 02:39 PM
So we kick out a dirt cheap semi reliable defender who served as a noble back up to sign a more expensive semi reliable defender that no one rates.

Got it.

Then we give away a current junior rep and highly touted prospect (some say future Australia captain) to a rival club for free.

Got it.

Seriously Middleby? This is what you've got for us?

Grimario
08-05-2014, 02:39 PM
Ok I tried.
I really really tried.
But I'm back.

What was the tipping point?

The local guy finally coming (reasonably) good + the future Socceroos defender going to another club on a free + signing of a Jur(ney)man shit defender?

Or was it just time?

Grimario
08-05-2014, 02:43 PM
So we kick out a dirt cheap semi reliable defender who served as a noble back up to sign a more expensive semi reliable defender that no one rates.

Got it.

Then we give away a current junior rep and highly touted prospect (some say future Australia captain) to a rival club for free.

Got it.

Oh right, exactly that then.

Premy
08-05-2014, 02:46 PM
Haha new tifo idea

"We don't want Jur(ney)man"

leftrightout
08-05-2014, 02:56 PM

Got it.

Got it.

How do you know Jurman was more expensive?

Grimario
08-05-2014, 03:03 PM

You don't. But you can't imagine that Mitchell was on a massive amount in the first place so it would be surprising if Jurman was somehow cheaper.

hawk
08-05-2014, 03:13 PM

Got it.

This disturbs me. I wasnt a big fan but at 19 we havent seen what he'll become.

leftrightout
08-05-2014, 03:13 PM
You don't. But you can't imagine that Mitchell was on a massive amount in the first place so it would be surprising if Jurman was somehow cheaper.

I cant imagine a young guy who has barely had a run for two other clubs in the last few years would come at a high price though.
Im not a fan, but you cant use an argument when its completely unknown... just ask PV4 on the old "bridges and his stats" argument. Unless you have proof its all BS.

Grimario
08-05-2014, 03:15 PM
I cant imagine a young guy who has barely had a run for two other clubs in the last few years would come at a high price though.
Im not a fan, but you cant use an argument when its completely unknown... just ask PV4 on the old "bridges and his stats" argument. Unless you have proof its all BS.

21 games out of a possible 28 for SFC
19 and 15 across the two seasons at Brisbane.

Not sure how that is "barely had a run"...

leftrightout
08-05-2014, 03:25 PM
21 games out of a possible 28 for SFC
19 and 15 across the two seasons at Brisbane.

Not sure how that is "barely had a run"...

Thats more than i thought... were many of the starts?
He played a fair bit for brisbane through their success, he cant be too horrendously bad.

Still the fact is we have no idea on the price so getting shitty with the club over $$$ paid is just an assumption.

Grimario
08-05-2014, 03:28 PM
Thats more than i thought... were many of the starts?
He played a fair bit for brisbane through their success, he cant be too horrendously bad.

Still the fact is we have no idea on the price so getting shitty with the club over $$$ paid is just an assumption.

44 of 55 were starts. Played the full game in 39 of those starts.

plague
08-05-2014, 03:31 PM

Because we signed him for 3 years.
Mitchell was pretty much on min contract (from prev reports).
Ergo 3 x anything = more than min contract.

That's how I know.

parksey
08-05-2014, 03:32 PM

Got it.

Got it.

for once, i'm with you.

plague
08-05-2014, 03:32 PM
Oh right, exactly that then.

Great assumption.

You are either
1. A brain readerer.
2. Someone familiar with my prev posts.

plague
08-05-2014, 03:53 PM
for once, i'm with you.

Parksey and Plague

http://37.media.tumblr.com/ad7e3c6f182a3d3222bdf17795c47c64/tumblr_myvow0vr701shxe70o1_500.gif

Thomas477
08-05-2014, 04:16 PM
Ok I tried.
I really really tried.
But I'm back.

Welcome back :pissup:

MFKS
08-05-2014, 04:32 PM
Ok I tried.
I really really tried.
But I'm back.

:yay::roflz:

It was only a matter of time.

Repent your sins and say five hail Griffs and all will be forgiven

Pico
08-05-2014, 06:49 PM
I would like two tickets on this bandwagon, I think its going to get crowded soon and I'd like the extra leg room.

militiamon
08-05-2014, 11:28 PM
All aboard! Choo Choo!

joel31
09-05-2014, 04:42 PM
he released chapman too

MFKS
09-05-2014, 05:04 PM
Releases a promising UNDER CONTRACT 20 yard old for NOTHING after we have put a few years into his development.

Well done. Amateur Hour.

Why not just have a fire sale and get rid of any player on the books????. Make us an offer they are all free. FFS

This bloke has NFI on how to run a football club FFS

Pico
09-05-2014, 05:04 PM
In light of Chapman being cut I'm willing to forego my extra leg room and donate my spare ticket to chappo, jump on board son.

furns
09-05-2014, 05:37 PM
Releases a promising UNDER CONTRACT 20 yard old for NOTHING after we have put a few years into his development.

Well done. Amateur Hour.

Why not just have a fire sale and get rid of any player on the books????. Make us an offer they are all free. FFS

This bloke has NFI on how to run a football club FFS
Because his attitude was shit and he had ideas above his station? If he wasnt going to change, and was going to be a negative and disruptive influence in the dressing rooms, whats the point of keeping him - no matter how good he might be?
Demoted to NYL to change his attitude, doesnt work. When does it become the players fault?

leftrightout
09-05-2014, 06:06 PM
Because his attitude was shit and he had ideas above his station? If he wasnt going to change, and was going to be a negative and disruptive influence in the dressing rooms, whats the point of keeping him - no matter how good he might be?
Demoted to NYL to change his attitude, doesnt work. When does it become the players fault?

Exactly my feelings. Everyone goes on about the lack of passion in the club yet hate on the club because they release a player who doesn't want to be here.

Yes he is a talent, a great talent with a heap of potential. But what good is potential if he hates being here

joel31
09-05-2014, 06:38 PM
Exactly my feelings. Everyone goes on about the lack of passion in the club yet hate on the club because they release a player who doesn't want to be here.

Yes he is a talent, a great talent with a heap of potential. But what good is potential if he hates being here
he didn't like being here cause he wasn't being played. Hes better than Mitchell, Regan and Jurman and he knows it. If we played him regularly he'd want to stay.

At the end of day we should have not entered contract negotiation talks until we had a coach to tell him how much he would play him

goaliepersempre
09-05-2014, 07:48 PM
then SELL chapman... flog him off somewhere.. its not hard.

Thomas477
09-05-2014, 08:54 PM

Never is, it is ALWAYS the coach's fault. Much easier to sack 1 man, than a team.

Jeterpool
09-05-2014, 09:47 PM
Never is, it is ALWAYS the coach's fault. Much easier to sack 1 man, than a team.

Surely you're taking the piss.

Thomas477
09-05-2014, 09:55 PM
Surely you're taking the piss.

Of course :pissup:

Jeterpool
09-05-2014, 10:26 PM
Of course :pissup:

Oh good. The gent emoticon needs to be fixed still.

halo se7en
10-05-2014, 07:22 AM

Don't talk sense furns… it makes it harder to hate on Middleby/Stubbins/Tinks… whoever's flavour of the month.

As I said in the other thread, there was clearly a massive problem behind the scenes. It would have been the perfect chance for Stubbins to give the kid assurances that he'd have more time, especially after releasing Mitchell. Either Stubbins hasn't given that to him because he doesn't rate him, or Chapman still wanted to go.

Thomas477
10-05-2014, 09:42 AM
Oh good. The gent emoticon needs to be fixed still.

Definitely. :gent:

Grimario
10-05-2014, 09:52 AM
Don't talk sense furns… it makes it harder to hate on Middleby/Stubbins/Tinks… whoever's flavour of the month.

As I said in the other thread, there was clearly a massive problem behind the scenes. It would have been the perfect chance for Stubbins to give the kid assurances that he'd have more time, especially after releasing Mitchell. Either Stubbins hasn't given that to him because he doesn't rate him, or Chapman still wanted to go.

Or he is a massive alcoholic + chain smoker and the club have decided if he wants to keep that up, they don't see much future in him.

I've flipped completely on the decision based purely on FB comments. It's worrying. I think I need to see someone.

militiamon
10-05-2014, 11:04 AM
^ Is this about Chapman smoking?

Have heard similar stories myself. But then again, Taggz was included in them.

Grimario
10-05-2014, 11:07 AM
^ Is this about Chapman smoking?

Have heard similar stories myself. But then again, Taggz was included in them.

Aye. Lots of FB comments about it - favourite one was something along the lines of "King St Hotel is gonna go broke without him buying there. And the local tobacconist"

MFKS
10-05-2014, 01:57 PM

Suarez pre season wanted nothing to do with liverpool
Club stuck to their guns and turned his attitude around

One of our players is unhappy he ain't playing yet we don't have the IQ to actually get him focused

Probably says a lot about the lack of skills the people we employ have

That ain,t. Middlebys area though???

Good thing Middleby ain't at an field otherwise they pr)obably would have paid Arsenal to take Suarez off their hands

furns
10-05-2014, 04:22 PM
Did you seriously just compare Suarez to Chapman?
The cases are so different its ridiculous. Stop it Member, you are embarrassing yourself.

Jeterpool
10-05-2014, 06:34 PM
Did you seriously just compare Suarez to Chapman?
The cases are so different its ridiculous. Stop it Member, you are embarrassing yourself.

:roflz:

howardyou
12-05-2014, 08:10 PM
This thread is suspiciously quiet since Griffo re-signed.

joel31
12-05-2014, 08:18 PM
well you haven't seen the daily aussie news thread

MFKS
05-08-2014, 09:53 PM
As a paying Member let me just say how disgusted I am by the efforts of the club not taking the FFA Cup seriously.

The feeble effort put in tonight is a ****ing disgrace. We don't look like winning the HAL anytime soon and this competition comes along where we only need to win 5 matches to win it and some of those could be against sides that we could beat with Gallaway on his own out there and we put in a piss poor effort like that.

Our preparation for this game is a joke by playing our Yoof team and a NPL side who couldn't give a **** to aim up whilst our HAL alumni are playing much more skilled opponents.

We have **** all else to look forward to anytime soon and our club can't even be arsed having a decent dig in this comp for their fans.

Middleby you employ these idiots to oversee the football we play and plan our preperation and there efforts tonight and what we have done so far this pre season are a disgrace to your loyal supporters who put up with all manner of shit from the club.

My gripe is not because we lost its because we didn't go down swinging.

FFS FIX THIS SHIT UP

lquiquer
05-08-2014, 10:10 PM
As a paying Member let me just say how disgusted I am by the efforts of the club not taking the FFA Cup seriously.

The feeble effort put in tonight is a ****ing disgrace. We don't look like winning the HAL anytime soon and this competition comes along where we only need to win 5 matches to win it and some of those could be against sides that we could beat with Gallaway on his own out there and we put in a piss poor effort like that.

Our preparation for this game is a joke by playing our Yoof team and a NPL side who couldn't give a **** to aim up whilst our HAL alumni are playing much more skilled opponents.

We have **** all else to look forward to anytime soon and our club can't even be arsed having a decent dig in this comp for their fans.

Middleby you employ these idiots to oversee the football we play and plan our preperation and there efforts tonight and what we have done so far this pre season are a disgrace to your loyal supporters who put up with all manner of shit from the club.

My gripe is not because we lost its because we didn't go down swinging.

FFS FIX THIS SHIT UP

I'm with u on that one member...

Thomas477
05-08-2014, 10:40 PM
But it's not Middleby's fault guys. He only oversees the club, hires the coach who oversees the football department who arranges said friendlies and preparation for comps. We've played NPL sides the past 2-3 seasons and gone undefeated against them! That's worked really well for us.

Also, sky is falling etc.

MFKS
05-08-2014, 10:43 PM
But it's not Middleby's fault guys. He only oversees the club, hires the coach who oversees the football department who arranges said friendlies and preparation for comps. We've played NPL sides the past 2-3 seasons and gone undefeated against them! That's worked really well for us.

Also, sky is falling etc.

What we are doing just ain't good enough.

Until the club expects to be winners and refuses to accept mediocrity we will always end up as losers.

It starts at the top.

Thomas477
05-08-2014, 10:53 PM
What we are doing just ain't good enough.

Until the club expects to be winners and refuses to accept mediocrity we will always end up as losers.

It starts at the top.

I completely agree. No other CEO in the world would survive 4 years of poor results. But hey, it's not like we passed on a very successful and stable coach to sign someone who hasn't been proven at A-League level before. Hell, might as well sign Chapman from Magic, he might be free soon, would be cheaper and free up more money to sign top players.

MFKS
05-08-2014, 11:00 PM
I completely agree. No other CEO in the world would survive 4 years of poor results. But hey, it's not like we passed on a very successful and stable coach to sign someone who hasn't been proven at A-League level before. Hell, might as well sign Chapman from Magic, he might be free soon, would be cheaper and free up more money to sign top players.

I will lay off bagging Stubbins for the time being. My main area of gripe is that we are an professional club with amateur administration who seem unable to organise the club to be anything other than willing to accept mediocrity at the first available chance

Thomas477
16-09-2014, 12:30 PM
So the bloke is over in the UK having a holiday on the club's dime, the few that we have.

Nah guys, he's doing a top job.

MFKS
01-11-2014, 11:19 PM
Any truth to the rumour that Middleby has axed win bonuses for the side as a cost cutting measure??

I am just trying to get a grip for the reasons why we keep capitulating with a win in sight:whistling:

MFKS
17-11-2014, 12:00 PM
Thomas I smell blood in the water. New disciples ready to pile on board

High time we ramped this campaign up to the glorious finale

Can't believe the response from this bloke in relation to Fridays debacle.

It ain't a response.

hausmann
17-11-2014, 12:22 PM
Count me in. Extremely disappointed in how he responded in the media to the worst performance I have ever seen from the Jets. Crowd booing etc. If he doesn't see how bad Friday night actually was, and what type of response is required, (hint: honest and analytical) then he is really not suitable for the role he is in.

You can't rouse support using clichés when people have no Hope (not saying that it is ever possible).

leftrightout
17-11-2014, 01:21 PM
Is it bad to almost want a repeat performance?
I think it has gotten to the stage that we have to go to the lowest of lows for something to happen.

If the team come out this week and get 3 points, management will go with the "see this is what we are capable of" and carry on being incompetent!

Shit.... i think i sound like MFKS saying stuff like that! haha

plague
17-11-2014, 01:47 PM
Member, numbers have been spread around due to a rebel alternate Middleby thread being started up.
There is no leadership for the Middleby out cause at the moment.
Maybe if the mods merge threads and we look to you for guidance the movement can get back on track.

Grimario
17-11-2014, 01:54 PM
I think it has gotten to the stage that we have to go to the lowest of lows for something to happen.

If the team come out this week and get 3 points, management will go with the "see this is what we are capable of" and carry on being incompetent!

Apart from beating us and pub teams in FFA cup, what have the scum done? I'm guessing a five or six goal hammering of us will be exactly the thing they need to get their season on track and for us to hit that lowest of lows.

Thomas477
17-11-2014, 01:57 PM
Thomas I smell blood in the water. New disciples ready to pile on board

High time we ramped this campaign up to the glorious finale

Can't believe the response from this bloke in relation to Fridays debacle.

It ain't a response.

:sup: Well it's either from Friday night, or the exam I have tomorrow. Could be both tbh. But I'm on board. Said when we signed Stubbs that it was going to be a disaster, wasn't wrong.

Since Middleby took over, we've had 4 coaches, and 60 players through the club. Haven't ****ing done anything. Only common denominator is Middleby.

Middleby needs to **** right off back to the coast, coz no Newy boy would continue to helm this club into the abyss. Look at his record! He ran Fury into the ground, now hes doing it to us!!! Those who fail to learn the lessons of history are doomed to repeat them. Sums up the Jets since Con left.

MFKS
17-11-2014, 02:16 PM

Mate I am just ahead of my time and a visionary and all that shit.

I don't need no medal for getting it right earlier than most and it makes me no greater a man for being right. I would rather I had been wrong and we had a successful club to support

All me being ignored has done is led to pain and on going suffering for all of us.

Next time I support some movement early just jump on board straight away regardless of how out there it is or how wide of the mark it may seem and we can effect change earlier :whistling:

As for wanting us to lose. I see where you are coming from but remember one thing we as fans are the last to wave the white flag. The Management do the players do but WE DON'T

I saw one giant positive on Friday night and that was the sheer number of people who stuck around to FT because they Care. That is one thing that these cunce will never take away from us regardless of what they do

NEVER SURRENDER

MFKS
02-12-2014, 11:36 AM
This bloke who should be implementing the standards required and seeing they are adhered to through out the club still putting his hand out for a pay check??

As far as I am concerned the coaching staff are failing and the players are failing meeting a minimum standard of performance.

High time our CEO done the honourable thing and either put his foot up the arse of the clowns at the club embarrassing the city and our fans in front of the wide world and ensuring a level of performance reaches a certain level or done us all a favour and quit and let someone else with the passion /leadership/balls to take responsibility and be held accountable to take the job

Jeterpool
02-12-2014, 12:23 PM
This bloke who should be implementing the standards required and seeing they are adhered to through out the club still putting his hand out for a pay check??

As far as I am concerned the coaching staff are failing and the players are failing meeting a minimum standard of performance.

High time our CEO done the honourable thing and either put his foot up the arse of the clowns at the club embarrassing the city and our fans in front of the wide world and ensuring a level of performance reaches a certain level or done us all a favour and quit and let someone else with the passion /leadership/balls to take responsibility and be held accountable to take the job

I reckon everything is in a holding pattern until Tinkler is sorted out, mate. That's the first domino to fall and after that everything else will start.

plague
02-12-2014, 12:25 PM
On the flip side getting the club running better now may make it more attractive to a buyer innit?

Jeterpool
02-12-2014, 12:50 PM
On the flip side getting the club running better now may make it more attractive to a buyer innit?

But if the people above aren't allowing that to happen, then you're back to treading water.

I still don't think Middleby is the problem. I think it's above him.

GazFish35
02-12-2014, 01:05 PM

this.

sammydog
02-12-2014, 01:13 PM
But if the people above aren't allowing that to happen, then you're back to treading water.

The problem at the club is the ownership. The owner and his desire to turf the club and do as little as possible to keep it going in the interim is where the issue starts.

Changing the CEO at this point in time will result in zero changes to the way the club functions.

We need a buyer and we need one quick.

plague
02-12-2014, 01:32 PM

Nothing personal but i think that's a cop out.
Leaders are at their best when faced with adversity. Middleby has shown time and again his inability to think outside the box.
Name me one thing he's done this year that's made either the infield or off field experience better for fans?
X-box caravan out the front?
Jesus ****ing Christ.

Jeterpool
02-12-2014, 01:35 PM
The problem at the club is the ownership. The owner and his desire to turf the club and do as little as possible to keep it going in the interim is where the issue starts.

Changing the CEO at this point in time will result in zero changes to the way the club functions.

We need a buyer and we need one quick.

Not disagreeing with you.

plague
02-12-2014, 01:45 PM
Not all ideas cost money. If new ideas do cost many for ****s sake get out there knocking on doors tto get more sponsors/revenue streams.
I refuse to believe that ownership has told the CEO to sit on his hands and do nothing.
There is no way that is the real story.

Jeterpool
02-12-2014, 01:45 PM
Nothing personal but i think that's a cop out.
Leaders are at their best when faced with adversity. Middleby has shown time and again his inability to think outside the box.
Name me one thing he's done this year that's made either the infield or off field experience better for fans?
X-box caravan out the front?
Jesus ****ing Christ.

No offence taken. It's healthy debate.

Publicly, the only thing I can think of is the forming of the members sub-committee and the resolution of teh Bay 60 issues with the FFA.

Who is to say that he isn't fighting battles behind the scenes? Did Tinks want to put up a hike in memberships of 50% to recoup some of his investment but Middleby showed leadership to challenge this direction?

Is he being a leader for the team reporting to him by keeping them motivated, up-to-date and focussed to allow them to keep doing their job so we, Joe-Public, aren't affected in a matchday experience hence damaging the brand we are trying to sell?

Is he digging his heels in, instead, and dealing with shit HSG are throwing at him so that the club has some stability in one of the more turmoltuous times?

The club are running on a shoestring because of the reasons sammydog mentioned. The biggest asset they have for any potential buyer in the membership numbers. Until Tinkler goes we will see minimal done to sustain what we've got.

At the end of the day, the bloke is working to get in a new owner who might just kick him out of his job anyway. I don't know about you, but I'd struggle to try and bring in a new boss who could potentially fire you.

plague
02-12-2014, 01:46 PM
By the way **** you Member for dragging me back into this thread. I'd almost stopped caring how useless this bloke was.

Jeterpool
02-12-2014, 01:47 PM
Not all ideas cost money.

Agree with this, and it was part of the discussions last night, and we made some suggestions around this.

plague
02-12-2014, 01:51 PM
I'm the bloke who sacked himself from a 6 figure job once because it was the best thing for the company.
If he's any good at his job he'll be snapped up in 5 seconds by someone else.

BodyNovo
02-12-2014, 01:55 PM
Simple as this;

He brought Griff Home

Love middleby

and he got drewby of his 5 year ban

legend.

plague
02-12-2014, 02:00 PM
I've also been in the position of working for a company that was taken over and told I'd be gone.
Stuck with it though and all worked out fine (and then sacked myself).
I'll be swayed to your argument if in fact Middleby actually takes on your ideas and implements them, not just nods and waffles.
By the way was he there at the meeting?

Jeterpool
02-12-2014, 02:03 PM
I've also been in the position of working for a company that was taken over and told I'd be gone.
Stuck with it though and all worked out fine (and then sacked myself).
I'll be swayed to your argument if in fact Middleby actually takes on your ideas and implements them, not just nods and waffles.
By the way was he there at the meeting?

He was there for the first 30 minutes but had to leave. He is a member of the committee and will be at future meetings. He stayed longer than he had planned to. the meeting started at 6:00pm.

And I, like you, will get some faith if the club implements some of the ideas and suggestions we have made too.

GazFish35
02-12-2014, 02:31 PM
Ill assume if i asked "What would you like to see RM do?" the detractors will say "walk"

so if he did, what would you like to see the new CEO do?........ with no money.

Jeterpool
02-12-2014, 02:36 PM
Ill assume if i asked "What would you like to see RM do?" the detractors will say "walk"

Not just that, but who would take the job on in the current situation!?

parksey
02-12-2014, 02:36 PM
darren albert

plague
02-12-2014, 02:53 PM
Michael Bridges.

Jeterpool
02-12-2014, 03:20 PM
People let go of the has beens, bring in someone with intelligence, money, connections in sport, they tried Harrigan, Gidley and the likes and look at the disaster they left.

Do you see the common denominator in there? HSG.

MFKS
02-12-2014, 04:15 PM

I will point out for the last 3 years under HSG prior to this seasons debacle we have had money we have had opportunity and under the watch of Middleby we have still achieved very little and have actually squandered the opportunities Tinks has actually provided to our club.

Being this is the case that we now have a different scenario where we have no money no vision etc and find ourselves in a different climate it calls for innovation and strong leadership.

Strong Leadership I am failing to see from anyone in the club players coaches administrators. I am also quite unhappy that our CEO seems to wish to sit by idly it would seem as our season implodes with barely a hint of fight/effort from the coaching/playing staff.

I appreciate that RM's hands are tied financially and we are not in any position to **** off our under performing squad or our under performing coach but one thing the bloke can be seen to be doing is not condoning the horrid standards we are seeing.

The players are not fit enough
The players can not pass to a teammate
The players do not run for 90 mins of the ball
The players do not play with an acceptable level of intensity
The players do not play with an acceptable level of pride in the shirt and for their fans
The side plays a horror brand of football that has repeatedly failed.

What I would like to see happen is our CEO take aim at these blokes publically whom are responsible for our current onfield issues and get them rectified or get the processes started to rectify them.

We need to start the process of change and install in place the correct culture of hard work/commitment/passion/teamwork/working for each other/ not accepting mediocrity etc that should be a fundamental feature of a working class town like Newy and its football team.

All I see is the standard bullshit of stick with us be patient and continue suffering through it. Nothing so far from our current admin/coaching staff have I seen has me thinking at all that these people are capable of even providing us with a shit team who will bust their arse for their fans as we have seen many times before in Newy football in the NSL let alone a side capable of challenging for the top 6 let alone the title

Nearly all of our problems are self inflicted and we can easily drag ourselves out of the malaise we are in by rectifying them.

To say you need money to achieve is complete shit. Look at the useless rabble of shite on the Gypo Coast. No money at all and they can at least provide their fans with a team of shit **** players who get the basics of playing the game

GazFish35
02-12-2014, 04:34 PM
So you want RM to come out admit we are shit, and need to do better.
a CEO pointing out the obvious and starting a war of words publicly against he playing squad.

that'll help sell the club.

and if you think HSG were spending any money on the jets, other than chasing a big marquee and setting up the emerging jets (which it now appears has had to be put back onthe shoulders of NNSW), you're deluded.

HSG were all bells and whistles to get evreyone in town loving the Big Tink man so he could get more coal out of the country. he was a league fan, plamer was a Spin doctor.

MFKS
02-12-2014, 05:31 PM
As opposed to the current situation where nothing is said nothing is done and it is business as usual heading down the same road going nowhere. That sure as shit ain't working.

You keep blaming Tinks for all our issues whilst blindly accepting that Middleby does no wrong. If Tinks is our sole problem and is so bad for Newy football then the CEO is an accomplice for sticking around and taking a pay cheque whilst our clubs short to medium term future is flushed down the toilet.

A man of principle would at least stand up for what he thinks is right regardless of the costs to himself personally.

Exactly when has our CEO taking responsibility for any of the issues facing our club or the consequences of the decisions made by the club which he is either responsible for making or at the least implementing??

As for the concerns you have with the playing squad getting their backs up cause their boss gives them a foot up the arse then maybe the issue lies with the levels of complete lack of accountability across the club for everyone to meet a certain standard of performance.

Not one of the blokes being paid to play at the club at present has any grounds to complain if their level of performance personally/collectively is criticised.

The fans sure as hell ain't holding back

Thomas477
02-12-2014, 06:02 PM
I'm with the Member here. For too long have our players escaped critisicim when they've played like shit. We need to stop accepting mediocrity from the players, staff and management. We've had enough shit, time for everyone to shape up or ship out.

02-12-2014, 06:09 PM
As opposed to the current situation where nothing is said nothing is done and it is business as usual heading down the same road going nowhere. That sure as shit ain't working.

You keep blaming Tinks for all our issues whilst blindly accepting that Middleby does no wrong. If Tinks is our sole problem and is so bad for Newy football then the CEO is an accomplice for sticking around and taking a pay cheque whilst our clubs short to medium term future is flushed down the toilet.

A man of principle would at least stand up for what he thinks is right regardless of the costs to himself personally.

Exactly when has our CEO taking responsibility for any of the issues facing our club or the consequences of the decisions made by the club which he is either responsible for making or at the least implementing??

As for the concerns you have with the playing squad getting their backs up cause their boss gives them a foot up the arse then maybe the issue lies with the levels of complete lack of accountability across the club for everyone to meet a certain standard of performance.

Not one of the blokes being paid to play at the club at present has any grounds to complain if their level of performance personally/collectively is criticised.

The fans sure as hell ain't holding back

+ 1

belchardo
02-12-2014, 06:49 PM
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/0e/0e0d2e762754a2e6e2ee78d1714522511fe7fa17af44aff13c 9afc6b9e984d95.jpg

GazFish35
02-12-2014, 07:01 PM
blindly accepting that Middleby does no wrong.

No. This isn't happening.
Just taking a more moderate view on things.

I'm not one to believe that burning a place down to have to build it back up is the way to go.

I'm not arguing the playing group don't deserve criticism.

I just can't see how it would help the situation.

MFKS
02-12-2014, 07:41 PM
No. This isn't happening.
Just taking a more moderate view on things.

I'm not one to believe that burning a place down to have to build it back up is the way to go.

I'm not arguing the playing group don't deserve criticism.

I just can't see how it would help the situation.

Burning the place down??

No one is calling for that. What we are calling for though is a level of accountability across the paid staff whether that be the admin/coaches/players etc to actually perform at a level that is currently not being achieved.

We have a situation at present where we have a coach who at the bare minimum seems to have seriously misjudged the level of preparation required of his squad to be up to speed for this season. We as a result are getting results accordingly.

We have a pile of players who are either not performing at a level they can or are showing little sign of personal improvement and reaching their potential.

We have an admin team who refuse to take any responsibility for the decisions made that have got us to this point and fail to hold neither them selves the coaching department or the players accountable.

Accountability is a wonderful thing that actually see things get done
I have it in my employment. I can **** up to an extent but if my **** up is severe enough I am out on my arse and joining the Gypos at Centrelink. If my level of performance isn't up to scratch I also cop it.

Just as my subordinates have accountability. Yes some one gave me the position to lead - Go Figure!!!!

I am accountable and cop the shit from above due to their **** ups. That is why I am constantly addressing their shortcomings to keep them and myself out of the shit.
When they **** up I don't just blame them. I take the blame and so do they for their shortcomings.

We refuse as a club to be honest about our shortcomings and as a result are getting nowhere. This lack of accountability at the club has been around for a lot longer than since Tinks uttered the words he can't wait to get us out the door.

Set the core values we want in our side and then work to achieve it. You get these blokes fit, play a simple effective game of a POSITIVE nature, get ourselves organised,work hard for each other, never accept second best, try to the final whistle, put your best players on the park and in their correct positions, stop offering up excuses and rip in at both training and matches and guess what??

WE WILL WIN SOME ****ING GAMES

It isn't rocket science

RedMexican
02-12-2014, 08:07 PM
Simple as this;

He brought Griff Home

Love middleby

and he got drewby of his 5 year ban

legend.

this.

Blackmac79
02-12-2014, 08:17 PM
Agree with body

GazFish35
02-12-2014, 08:19 PM
and because the playing staff aren't dressed down in public you assume it's not happening behind closed doors.
Playing staff being held accountable...... Six players got dropped after the Brisbane game. Would you like all 11 dropped?

Admin staff being held accountable...... There's bugger all admin staff running the club and they're doing it on the smell of an oily rag, trying to do the work that other clubs have 4 times their staff to do, yet they've managed to convince 10,000 members to join despite the results. I saw the numbers of desks in the office last night, and have had a number so sit down meetings at WSW.... They've got 3-4 people for each one of ours, and have heard from WSW staff about the size of other clubs back room teams. And.... our owners have been 2 blokes that lots of other businessmen round town don't want to do business with so any sponsor they can get to part cash with (again despite on field results)

CEO holding gaffer to account...... GVE got shit results and got fired. A new boss got the job, one we could afford. And a number of key players have only just come back from long term injury and one signing has ****ed off back to New York because he didn't like newcastle's night clubs. There's no money to sack the coach we just hired.

A reality check is needed.
It's not about accepting mediocrity, just as much as it's not about blind faith.

It'd be like Stoke fans demanding we finish above Man City and Chelsea

MFKS
02-12-2014, 09:36 PM
and because the playing staff aren't dressed down in public you assume it's not happening behind closed doors.
Playing staff being held accountable...... Six players got dropped after the Brisbane game. Would you like all 11 dropped?

Admin staff being held accountable...... There's bugger all admin staff running the club and they're doing it on the smell of an oily rag, trying to do the work that other clubs have 4 times their staff to do, yet they've managed to convince 10,000 members to join despite the results. I saw the numbers of desks in the office last night, and have had a number so sit down meetings at WSW.... They've got 3-4 people for each one of ours, and have heard from WSW staff about the size of other clubs back room teams. And.... our owners have been 2 blokes that lots of other businessmen round town don't want to do business with so any sponsor they can get to part cash with (again despite on field results)

CEO holding gaffer to account...... GVE got shit results and got fired. A new boss got the job, one we could afford. And a number of key players have only just come back from long term injury and one signing has ****ed off back to New York because he didn't like newcastle's night clubs. There's no money to sack the coach we just hired.

A reality check is needed.
It's not about accepting mediocrity, just as much as it's not about blind faith.

It'd be like Stoke fans demanding we finish above Man City and Chelsea

To give the admin credit for signing up 10k of members is a generous concession. Besides the obvious with the low price of a Membership being a draw card the reason we have 10k of Members is down to nothing more than the unwavering loyalty showed to the cause by you me everyone else on the foz and the rest of our fan base who refuse to quit on this club despite being shat on at every turn.

As for the numbers of admin staff we employ how is that relevant to our poor performance across the club?? I am pretty certain those Gypos have **** all staff also and have had a successful club for most years in the HAL
Maybe it is actually down to the quality of the work done by the employed crew and not so much the sheer numbers of staff??

GVE got shit results for 2 years was given a contract upgrade part of the way through by someone high up obviously!!! and then as a reward for his lack of performance was then moved into a role that dictates the strength of our juniors for the future. The same bloke who has shown his lack of ability with the nurturing of young talents repeatedly. Hardly being held to account

To claim that Stubbins was the only coach we could have chosen is fallacy. Sure we are not in the market for the blue chip coaches like Arnold/Postecoglou/ Poppa etc due to funds but we could have picked up anyone in the NSWNPL /VNPL /QNPL NNSWNPL and given them the opportunity. Hell we could have scoured the world for a foreigner on the cheap. Hell there are umpteen unemployed coaches in this country desperate for a call. Hell we could have even employed the assistant manager who surely would have cost less than Stubbins or are we currently actually paying our assistant more than our head coach??
Money has not dictated that Stubbins was our ONLY option. The choice was still made.

As for our player injury situation. I think you are over playing it
Flores I will accept as a key player back from long term injury. Neville although a first choice regular is not a KEY player in my eyes.
As for Celevski/Madaschi they may be key players time will tell but their injuries were short term in nature and they missed what 5-6 games

So if the dressing down these blokes get has been behind closed doors as you claim where has the inspired backlash been?? We got flogged by Nix and turn in arguably a more lethargic effort V Perth where it just took Perth longer than they should have to hit the front

We get flogged by Roar. We are out played by WSW and get away with a draw. We then return home and play our most despised opponent and the same players who should be out to put on an inspired effort after their last display before their home crowd can barely muster an adequate level of intensity to avoid losing again.

The behind closed doors approach is not really working. Maybe some public criticism is what is needed to actually get these blokes to pull their fingers out??

Seems to work at other clubs where they respond with an inspired passionate display after a horror effort the game before

As for a reality check no one is claiming we deserve to be winning the league. What we want is to go forth and actually compete seriously at this level. It is not impossible

The reality check is this our position on the ladder which is not really just and the fact that in the 9 competitive games including the FFA Cup game we have played this season so far we have not deserved to win 1 of them. It ain't like we are busting our arse and the results are not falling our way and it is a matter of time before the universe levels things out.

We are not winning cause we are not deserving of doing so

GazFish35
02-12-2014, 10:12 PM
As for the numbers of admin staff we employ how is that relevant to our poor performance across the club?? I am pretty certain those Gypos have **** all staff also and have had a successful club for most years in the HAL
Maybe it is actually down to the quality of the work done by the employed crew and not so much the sheer numbers of staff??

You mentioned earlier you were part of a team and had leadership responsibilities. how big is your team? If you were competing against other organisations with 3 times the manpower and your team itself was actually undermanned and therefore overworked and spread too thin on tasks assigned...... Are you telling me the quality of work would still match up with your competitors? Get "better" people? How? What "better" peopler are gonna jump at a job advert that says "the work is hard, the pay is shit, do three times the work of one man and we'll still shit bag you in public"..... Nurses are already employed in hospitals.

Go down to the offices now and ask to volunteer if your team can be understaffed and produce outcomes that match those of organisations 3 times larger if that's the case, (instead of barking off online based on assumptions and no real understanding of the finances, contractual restrictions and sheer volume of work a limited number of staff do working for the club) and provide the solutions.

Fire those who are working under tight restrictions and find better people who'll come in and work in a club with an unstable owner (since forever) and demand they meet the same standards set by other organisations with greater access to resources and less restrictions on what they do with the resources. Coasties have 3 staff for every 2 of ours too btw.

Maybe he should have gone 12-18months ago, but my DeLorean DMC-12 is at the mechanic and we can't go back in time, rolling anyone's head down hannell street at this particular time in the club's life is not going to help.

Don't try and suggest I'm arguing points I'm not. I've never claimed Stubbins was the only choice due to funds, just that our choices would have been restricted by funds.... And it's still to early to suggest anyone else we may have been able to afford could have the squad playing any better....it also a ridiculous notion to say with any certainty that one cheap, untried coach would do any better than another.

I'm not arguing we don't suck, I'm not arguing things can't be done better, or that maybe some of what you say should have already happened. But it hasn't and hanging shit on anyone in any walk of life when we know two fiths of **** all about what is actually going on is ridiculous.

Sack RM - who do replace him with? What businessman would jump at the chance to work for Tinkler while new owners are being looked for....
Sack Stubbins - see above.... It's easy to say go with an NPL etc level coach - would that have guaranteed better outcomes?
Publicly dress down the players..... Let the herald run "club in crisis" stories..... Watch the sponsors flee a sinking ship.

We don't know all the facts but let's assume the worst in people.
That's the newcastle way!

Thomas477
02-12-2014, 10:32 PM
So what you're suggesting Gaz is that we accept the mediocrity of the club? At least they're trying to be competent. At least they're trying, blah blah blah. Fact is, as MFKS said, it's entirely possible to pick up good players on the cheap. You reckon Berisha was on top coin when he first joined Brisbane? Or Flores in Adelaide? Rogic for the coasties? How about Ange when he first joined Roar? Steele? I'm not saying every player would be like that, but 60 players, how many chances does he need. But at least he's trying! If he's looking to cut costs, sign 23 blokes from the NPL on minimum wage!

Plus, look at Middleby's CV as a ceo:
Fury - folded after 1 year with him as ceo, never made the finals
Jest - haven't made the finals in 4 years under him, continually under-performing
Hardly the CV of someone I'd want running a local junior club, let alone a "professional" football club, but at least he's trying!

plague
02-12-2014, 10:39 PM
Gotta say, the good Member is making some solid points today on this issue, as is Mr Fish.
We should all remember though that it only takes a quick glance at the Galloway, Biraz/BK thread to see the kind of standards we expect from the players.
There is every chance there are extenuating circumstances regarding those blokes yet very few of us give them the benefit of the doubt. we comment on what we see and thats not an altogether unfair take.
Im a big fan of management being held to the same standards. it only seems fair.

now having complimented the Member im awaiting ForeverRed to say something nice about me then a massive hole will open up and collapse the universe in on itself.

GazFish35
03-12-2014, 07:04 AM
So what you're suggesting Gaz is that we accept the mediocrity of the club? At least they're trying to be competent. At least they're trying, blah blah blah. Fact is, as MFKS said, it's entirely possible to pick up good players on the cheap. You reckon Berisha was on top coin when he first joined Brisbane? Or Flores in Adelaide? Rogic for the coasties? How about Ange when he first joined Roar? Steele? I'm not saying every player would be like that, but 60 players, how many chances does he need. But at least he's trying! If he's looking to cut costs, sign 23 blokes from the NPL on minimum wage!

Jest - haven't made the finals in 4 years under him, continually under-performing
Hardly the CV of someone I'd want running a local junior club, let alone a "professional" football club, but at least he's trying!

No. I'm not suggesting for one minute we accept mediocrity. I'm suggesting no-one here knows the full extent of the situation the club is working under but for the fact the club is trying to be sold, and that sacking a CEO at this point in time would not help the club in the short, medium or long term.

Frodo
03-12-2014, 07:20 AM

Your first point about player recruitment is basically hindsight bias. We have signed players on the cheap like Berisha, relatively unknown risks on small money, but they didn't work out. I bet the Roar have signed a couple of players with the same plan as Berisha that haven't worked out. They got lucky with one of them, well done. Scouting costs money, we don't spend money on scouting, not many teams in the HAL do.

Fury folded because they had a small supporter base and not enough revenue to sustain itself until the HAL improved to a more sustainable level. He may have made mistakes but can't be blamed for the Fury folding.

Middleby is probably a giant bag of Diglets but none of it makes a difference until we sort out the Tinkler situation. Until then all we can do is keep coming to games and supporting the Team so that a potential buyer can still see that we are worth the investment.

Pico
03-12-2014, 07:29 AM
If he's looking to cut costs, sign 23 blokes from the NPL on minimum wage!

Just on this, the club legit can't do it with the current min. wage and the current salary floor, you would still need to pay overs to a range of players to meet the required min wage spend.

Jeterpool
03-12-2014, 07:59 AM
No. I'm not suggesting for one minute we accept mediocrity. I'm suggesting no-one here knows the full extent of the situation the club is working under but for the fact the club is trying to be sold, and that sacking a CEO at this point in time would not help the club in the short, medium or long term.

This +1

Thomas477
03-12-2014, 10:08 AM

I've been pushing for Middleby to be sacked since before we were on the market! But we kept him and look where we are now. He's definitely been good for the club.

And for fury not having enough revenue, who's responsibility is that? The ceo! But it's not Middlebys fault, always someone else. Bloke must have the worst luck.

idontwannaplaywithhowey
03-12-2014, 11:43 AM

+2

Premy
03-12-2014, 12:17 PM
I've been pushing for Middleby to be sacked since before we were on the market! But we kept him and look where we are now. He's definitely been good for the club.

And for fury not having enough revenue, who's responsibility is that? The ceo! But it's not Middlebys fault, always someone else. Bloke must have the worst luck.
I'll credit you that. You have been calling for his head for some time.

But you are just like the kind Member, you take any chance you can to slip the boot in to anything involving the Club in your strange way of support. For this you have lost all credibility an just like the Member no one listens to anything you have to say or what you have to say is taken with a grain of salt and its immediately discarded.

My2BobsWorth
03-12-2014, 07:29 PM
I'll credit you that. You have been calling for his head for some time.

But you are just like the kind Member, you take any chance you can to slip the boot in to anything involving the Club in your strange way of support. For this you have lost all credibility an just like the Member no one listens to anything you have to say or what you have to say is taken with a grain of salt and its immediately discarded.

You forgot PV4.

pv4
03-12-2014, 08:36 PM
You forgot PV4.

:brr: