PDA

View Full Version : NTUA - club support

scarfy96
12-08-2013, 03:20 PM
Just wondering if any approach had been made to the club about proper support of NTUA when the team walks out?

I mean after the WSW crowd education for support at the end of last season (crowd in general not squadron) and the YNWA that got everyone in Australia talking from the MCG thought there may be some leverage in getting a bit proactive in getting a portion of the song played each week as the team walks onto pitch and some club involvement in getting the crowd to join in.

Wishful I know but ..........

Jeterpool
12-08-2013, 03:26 PM
You raise a good point.

If we want it to become part of our clubs tradition then we need support.

I thought last year it was very good. There were a few times when the "A-League" songs went over it but generally it was good. I'd even go as far to say this is something the club got right last year with the video film clip and all.

There is advertising and media licences the club has no influence over because it is a league based decision but I am sure something can be worked out.

GazFish35
12-08-2013, 10:06 PM
There is advertising and media licences the club has no influence over because it is a league based decision but I am sure something can be worked out.

Victree handed much of their pregame entertainment over to the fans.
I think the clubs across the league need to more proactive in getting away from the cookie cutter approach to game day.
I can remember Con complaining about this centralisation.

if they played NTUA on one Chanel at high volume and the the a-league crap on another turned right down.... They could argue they are broadcasting what they are contractually obliged too.
Q-man could lend them his mixing decks,

militiamon
12-08-2013, 10:16 PM
Turn it down

q-money
12-08-2013, 10:22 PM
they should let me DJ before every game

furns sort it out

furns
12-08-2013, 10:30 PM
You really think the plebs in the Hunter are ready for sick dubstep every game q-man?

Radio stations in the Hunter are still playing the same shit they were when I left 15 years ago.

q-money
12-08-2013, 10:33 PM
mate i only play weddings now, it's wall to wall classic hits

tbh it would go off and the club should do it

Jeterpool
13-08-2013, 05:39 AM
Victree handed much of their pregame entertainment over to the fans.
I think the clubs across the league need to more proactive in getting away from the cookie cutter approach to game day.
I can remember Con complaining about this centralisation.

if they played NTUA on one Chanel at high volume and the the a-league crap on another turned right down.... They could argue they are broadcasting what they are contractually obliged too.
Q-man could lend them his mixing decks,

Good point. Especially the bit about Melbourne. I didn't know that

Pico
13-08-2013, 07:45 AM
Good point. Especially the bit about Melbourne. I didn't know that

I think the Glory is another example. they apparently don't play the HAL crap music either, they play their own tune as the players walkout and right until kick-off.

So its not like it can't be done, its not even like there is any repercussions from the FFA either, seems you just have to have the will from the clubs side of things.

scarfy96
13-08-2013, 08:23 AM
OK so it CAN be done. What I am wondering is if anyone has spoken to the club about it? Isn't there some discussion between the Squadron and the club?

If no-one has then perhaps either:
a) There should be that discussion
b) There should be an email blitz to the club asking the question. Get everyone here to send an email and get everyone to ask their friends to send an email. If the club got over 1000 emails asking the same type of question they may listen. They may not too ...

Thomas477
13-08-2013, 08:42 AM
Will also add that IIRC, the Mariners play "Yellow" as they walk out to an empty stadium.

pv4
13-08-2013, 08:49 AM
Scarfy, my man :cool: email bombing is the answer to everything.

Tbh in general heaps of other clubs get away with heaps of things that our club continually says we can't. Pre-game music, membership counter on jerks website, terminating player contracts to free up squad spots, heaps of garbage. If sydney or mv want to do something, they do it. If we do, nothing gets done. I keep hearing "middleby is bad" and "middleby is great, grow up" but tbh if he can't get these simplr requests through that are proven to be allowed by other teams I'd say he's either a joke, or he has the wrong people around him to help make these things happen. And if it's option b, he's a joke for not sorting it out.

scarfy96
13-08-2013, 10:22 AM
OK email sent, I'll let you know of any response.

Dear Mr Middleby,

I write as LONG term fan of Newcastle Football. I watched as Newcastle United were introduced at the Newcastle Showground in 1977 and have followed (and been a member of) every incarnation of the club ever since, KB United, Rosebud United, Breakers (mark I and II), Newcastle United, Newcastle Jets (Owner I and II).

Whilst I commend the club on many things one thing that really needs work is promoting atmosphere at home games. WSW fans showed what can be done when they transformed Hunter Stadium into THEIR home ground when they played here last season. The singing of You'll Never Walk Alone at the MCG was one of the most moving sights ever witnessed in sport in Australia in the recent Liverpool visit.

Hunter stadium needs to become a fortress for the Jets and ironically WSW showed us how it can be done!

Can I ask what is being done by the Jets this season to foster such atmosphere at home grounds. The Squadron do a great job but is the club working with them to assist in developing this culture in Newcastle? For example there is a clear relationship with the fans chosen song Never Tear Us Apart considering the history I laid out in the opening of this email. Can the club work with the Squadron for example to get an easily identifiable part of that song played as the team walks onto the field AND promote the fans to sing along (hand out words, put them up on the big screen etc and actively encourage it).

Don't use the lame excuse that you have to abide by FFA and A-League regulations here, Victory have handed over much of their pre-game entertainment to the fans, Perth Glory also play club music as the team walks out and even CCM play "Yellow" as the team walks out. So it can be done if there is a desire within the club to foster a passionate atmosphere at the home stadium.

We need to engage the fan base and turn it into an asset on game day by creating an atmosphere that spurs the Jets on and lets visiting teams know that they are playing on foreign turf.

So I ask, what is the club doing to be pro-active about this for the coming season?

sammydog
13-08-2013, 11:36 AM
When you write a letter to anyone asking questions or hoping to get change and you include a paragraph starting with "Don't use the lame excuse", don't expect to get people on side.

I'd love NTUA to be played before every game, without the standard FFA shite. When NTUA was played however, and fit was played before most games, for the most part from what I observed, outside the squadron the take up of the song was pretty low. The club can't hold a gun to peoples head and make them sing, or even hold their scarfs up.

Yes playing the song is a start, and I also think the club did this reasonably well last season, but I think getting other fans involved comes from the growing of the active support and this active support sucking in people on the fringes so it grows. As fans if we want this atmosphere we need to take responsibility for it and make the atmosphere something others want to join into.

BodyNovo
13-08-2013, 12:25 PM
As fans if we want this atmosphere we need to take responsibility for it and make the atmosphere something others want to join into.

100%

we need people making standards, banners, flags

this is not held to the active area of bay 2 and the squadron this is open to the whole ground.

Blackmac79
13-08-2013, 12:48 PM
Issue is still GA around bay 2. Both Sydney clubs,sCCuM, Victory, Heart, Perth, as far as I know have GA seating around their active areas. Which give people the opportunity to join in from the fringes. Having set seating around the active bay causes more issues as people feel 'entitled' to the seat they paid for.

This has of course been discussed to death in the various 'feedback'/'where do we **** up'/'we're all going to die' threads

sammydog
13-08-2013, 01:15 PM
I would say for us, the issue of GA around the active support is a problem because the active support is on the side of the pitch. should the southern end ever get seats it won't be an issue.

Blackmac79
13-08-2013, 01:30 PM
Also want to say that many of those whinging about the RBB schooling us at active support have probably never even tried to give anything in an active way.

Wanderers and the RBB are so good cause everyone joins in.

Agree with above that people need to take responsibility for their own support. Squadron does 10x better than the RBB per capita in the bay(s). If you want it to be better come join in bay 2, or better yet work on those around you getting involved in your own bays.

WSW have groups outside the active bays that contribute to the match day atmosphere by encouraging those around them to follow the RBB's lead, bay 49 and WOWS are two examples of this.

Stuff what the club does or doesn't do. They could play whatever they like but if there were groups of people in bays around the stadium who follow what the squadron do in terms of NTUA, Jets, common Newcastle, etc. the atmosphere would improve as more people realise "wow this is great"

I sat in bay 3 last season and when on of the easier "crowd pleasing" chant came on I would only have to yell it as loud as possible 2-3 times for those around me in bay 3-4 to join in. It's not hard.

Another issue is that on the southern hill there is a groups that instead of joining in with NTUA they like to bang on the metal fence and make as much anti-noise as possible. Just saying.

Take responsibility. Stand up and sing and others will follow.

sammydog
13-08-2013, 01:49 PM
Take responsibility. Stand up and sing and others will follow.

This.

Bitching to the club about atmosphere isn't going to make it happen. If you expect someone else to make the atmosphere, it's never going to happen.

Blackmac79
13-08-2013, 01:52 PM
Club would prefer we all sat down and shut up anyway. Saves on seco costs.

scarfy96
13-08-2013, 02:57 PM
This.

Bitching to the club about atmosphere isn't going to make it happen. If you expect someone else to make the atmosphere, it's never going to happen.

Not denying this, however the club could be more pro-active about it and clearly support the efforts made and actively encourage it.

I have sat with the squadron in the past but with young kids it isn't the best place to be and that's just a fact, we often join in in the singing where we are, but most around don't.

Any reason you don't move to the southern end in the middle of a GA area if you see that as such an issue? It isn't like you are under cover where you are. What is the benefit of staying in the current bay?

sammydog
13-08-2013, 03:11 PM
I'm not part of the squadron and don't sit with them so I can't answer that.

Premy
13-08-2013, 03:19 PM
Not denying this, however the club could be more pro-active about it and clearly support the efforts made and actively encourage it.

I have sat with the squadron in the past but with young kids it isn't the best place to be and that's just a fact, we often join in in the singing where we are, but most around don't.

Any reason you don't move to the southern end in the middle of a GA area if you see that as such an issue? It isn't like you are under cover where you are. What is the benefit of staying in the current bay?
Cue the comments about squadron can't move to the hill because its not a fully seated area and all the bullshit that comes with it.

furns
13-08-2013, 04:14 PM
Moving bays is definately something we cant do at this point in time and the reasons for which have also been repeated many times.

MFKS
13-08-2013, 04:16 PM
Moving bays is definately something we cant do at this point in time and the reasons for which have also been repeated many times.

Out of curiosity what would be the perceived consequences if Bay 2 just decided to rock up and sit on the seats at the southern end and do their thing there??

After all that area is general admission and there is no reason why one can't sit there regardless of where their paid seat is in the ground

furns
13-08-2013, 04:26 PM
Can sit there, but big flags, drums and megas can only be used in active areas.

plague
13-08-2013, 04:28 PM
Out of curiosity what would be the perceived consequences if Bay 2 just decided to rock up and sit on the seats at the southern end and do their thing there??

After all that area is general admission and there is no reason why one can't sit there regardless of where their paid seat is in the ground
It would probably create tension with the club yeah?
This thread is about working with the club to make things better not giving them the middle finger innit?

Member, as weird as this'll sound, there are actually some humans out there in society who don't see the benefit in being antagonistic every minute of every day for their whole ****ing lives.

plague
13-08-2013, 04:34 PM
Ok I kind of know the answer to this already but in the interests of open discussion and (copyright Julia Gillard) "moving forward", why doesn't the "new-car-sell" chant get a run?
It seems that's one even Captain Obvious would know and maybe it's a starting point to get the majority involved.

Thoughts?

Blackmac79
13-08-2013, 04:38 PM
New car smell. Comes in a can.

furns
13-08-2013, 04:44 PM
That was killed off years ago because its seen as a Knights chant. And its specifically the reason why the "come on newcastle" and "
(clap) Jets" chants were created, and which most in the ground seem to join in on now.

q-money
13-08-2013, 04:53 PM
it's happened before, i distinctly remember it from time to time

SD will back me up

plague
13-08-2013, 04:54 PM
That was killed off years ago because its seen as a Knights chant. And its specifically the reason why the "come on newcastle" and "
(clap) Jets" chants were created, and which most in the ground seem to join in on now.

Yeah I see your point. But really, aren't most chants someone else's in some form or another (melody etc). Isn't that 'who do you sing for' one a knock off as well?
Why not just steal it and make it a 'Newcastle' chant rather than a 'Knights' chant? (this idea inspired by U2, The Beatles and Charles Manson).
My point: do you guys need to 'dumb it down' a little in order to try and be more inclusive of the majority of game day fans who, lets face it, include a lot of Knights fans?

Disclaimer: I'm only discussing this as a topic, not telling y'all how to run your show. the only noise i make on gameday is to squeal like a little girl when Griff scores or hurl abuse at Mark Bridge and his shit ankles.

Blackmac79
13-08-2013, 05:09 PM
I would rather we didn't do it.

If for no other reason than the knights made it really hard for Con's Jets back in the day.

GazFish35
13-08-2013, 06:05 PM
We need to do whatever works.

Most jets supporters weren't born when the knights shafted sokkah.

MFKS
13-08-2013, 06:19 PM
We need to do whatever works.

Most jets supporters weren't born when the knights shafted sokkah.

Well said.

People want others to get involved vocally and then won't use something that will get the majority of the people you are trying to get involved vocally actually vocally involved. :banghead:

INSANITY

Blackmac79
13-08-2013, 06:21 PM
The shafting should be passed from father to son. The day Con's license was taken should be a novocastrian day of mourning and protest against the enemy.

On a lighter topic. If we were to ask the club for anything it should be how to get 5000 Jets fans to gosford for the away F3 derby's this year.

sammydog
13-08-2013, 06:23 PM
Well said.

People want others to get involved vocally and then won't use something that will get the majority of the people you are trying to get involved vocally actually vocally involved. :banghead:

INSANITY

Spot on. The other thing is the number of chants. The more you have, the more people have to learn.

WSW showed what a few simple ideas (ripped off or otherwise) can achieve. Start simple, suck people in and build on it.

Blackmac79
13-08-2013, 06:50 PM
In one breath it's be like WSW, in the other it is adopt and English style of support.

I don't get it.

Marketers say people don't know what they want. Maybe they are right

On this not let's sing "oH when the jets" at every chance. Between that and New car smell we will be the envy of every other active support group!

furns
13-08-2013, 07:00 PM
Spot on. The other thing is the number of chants. The more you have, the more people have to learn.

WSW showed what a few simple ideas (ripped off or otherwise) can achieve. Start simple, suck people in and build on it.
We have a number of very simple chants.
On the larger games in the past few seasons we stuck with repeating these simple chants to engage the crowd, and then we cop criticism that we are boring and people are sick of the same old chants.
So half of the criticisers want more chants cause we are boring, the other half want the same simple chants because they engage the crowd more.
Do people understand now the issues we have had trying to please everyone? It gets to a point where you just have to take a path and stick to it, and then you get accused of not engaging with the rest of the supporters and being a closed shop.

Blackmac79
13-08-2013, 07:03 PM
Furns. The diplomatic me.

sammydog
13-08-2013, 07:28 PM
In one breath it's be like WSW, in the other it is adopt and English style of support.

I don't get it.

Marketers say people don't know what they want. Maybe they are right

On this not let's sing "oH when the jets" at every chance. Between that and New car smell we will be the envy of every other active support group!

I'm not saying be a copy of WSW. But surely you can look at other groups and see what has worked and what hasn't. how they have engaged other parts of the crowd and so on.

Every group would have lessons for others to think about and learn/adapt from.

We have a number of very simple chants.
On the larger games in the past few seasons we stuck with repeating these simple chants to engage the crowd, and then we cop criticism that we are boring and people are sick of the same old chants.
So half of the criticisers want more chants cause we are boring, the other half want the same simple chants because they engage the crowd more.
Do people understand now the issues we have had trying to please everyone? It gets to a point where you just have to take a path and stick to it, and then you get accused of not engaging with the rest of the supporters and being a closed shop.

And that I guess it where the squadron has to decide what they want as a group. Obviously from this they have taken a path and would be right to stick to it. But then people who want the more complex and varied chants have no right to describe other sections of the crowd as cardboard cutouts when they don't/can't get involved.

Does the criticism of the boring chants come from within the group or external?

furns
13-08-2013, 07:46 PM
both criticisms come from within but mostly from external
I am not picking on you btw mate, but its a common question and it seems the best thread to answer it in

Problem is that the majority who need to read these posts arent on this site

Blackmac79
13-08-2013, 08:15 PM
Also not having a go at you. As I am sure you could have gathered. As you pointed out it wasn't you saying lets be more like WSW.

sammydog
13-08-2013, 08:35 PM
Nothing has been taken as a shot, just asking questions and giving observations from other sides of the stadium.

I'd love nothing more than to see the stadium going nuts on match day. Obviously for those in the active support its a mix of keeping it interesting for themselves while also attracting new people.

My kids couldn't care less what you sing, they get into the stuff where you clap. And sing what they can understand.

Superdylan
13-08-2013, 11:58 PM
it's happened before, i distinctly remember it from time to time

SD will back me up

A couple times I can remember from memory. Definitely worked at the a-league grand final.
Considering a majority of the squadron aren't knights supporters I don't think the new-cas-tle would go well. I personally don't mind if it gets adopted at games being a supporter of both clubs. We have had come on Newcastle chants at knights games before, not really many options for simple team chants.

Anyways back on the topic of never tear us apart you would need every supporter to own a scarf to make it really good.

BodyNovo
14-08-2013, 09:29 AM
the used car sales chant, was very special at the gf & other big moments (prelim final and one of the acl games in memory)

its not something I would be first to scream out in the chance of getting the crowd going, always thought the "come on newcastle" was more deafening with the drum beat as well, at the same time I wouldn't not yell it out if 10,000 people were singing it.

Anyways back on the topic of never tear us apart you would need every supporter to own a scarf to make it really good.

its not about the scarf at the moment sd, its about getting the set mentality in every fans head that ntua is our song & that it is just common knowledge/perception that as the players walk out to sing it.

when that happens than you can further it by encouraging people to buy scarves (hopefully squadron ones) and before you know it 20,000 novocastrians are all holding scarves above singing ntua.

q-money
14-08-2013, 09:50 AM
put out a decent team and watch everyone get around them

BodyNovo
14-08-2013, 10:40 AM

basically what every a league team has done when they have won the premiership/championship bar gypos.

was more talking about the base we work from at the moment which at the moment is probably 10-15k

Jetmaster
14-08-2013, 01:14 PM

A hint of truth there - do you notice how much louder and involved the general public is when there is excitement on the field ?

GF day was the day that everyone laid aside their inhibitions - I yelled and screamed and banged on seats, I never do it at our matches.

So how do you tap into that passion week in, week out ? I do feel that using the success of YNWA the other week is something that should be pushed to make NTUA its equivalent.

hausmann
14-08-2013, 02:29 PM
Technically, I think NTUA is a pretty hard song to sing.

The lyrics have big gaps in them, which makes people unsure about when to come in with the next line, the verses aren't very melodic, then you've got that really high part with the lyrics "Some of us don't know Whyyyyyyyyyy". Your average person may not be brave enough to punch that tune out with passion atm.

YNWA is far more melodic.

Don't stop trying but I can see why there is not a great uptake from the general crowd. Really, what I think you are going to need is another Grand Final moment, where everyone is full of passion and prepared to sing it, and then they might continue singing it in memory of that day.

But keep the fire burning. Lets hope that day comes.

furns
14-08-2013, 02:51 PM
I am never watching that NTUA video package played as the teams line up - are the lyrics on the screen as well?

BodyNovo
14-08-2013, 06:40 PM
Of memory the last line of never tear us apart flashes on the screen.

sammydog
14-08-2013, 06:45 PM
Don't recall ever seeing the words up there.

q-money
14-08-2013, 06:47 PM
tbh the last line is the easiest bit to remember

people still get it wrong though, cause it's got the "ever" after the last "never" ay

furns
14-08-2013, 10:12 PM
Do people want the Jets to put the lyrics up with the video as well? Might help people get involved.

GazFish35
15-08-2013, 07:06 AM
i think they need to.

a letter bomb at the gates might be worthwhile too.

scarfy96
15-08-2013, 09:23 AM
its not about the scarf at the moment sd, its about getting the set mentality in every fans head that ntua is our song & that it is just common knowledge/perception that as the players walk out to sing it.

when that happens than you can further it by encouraging people to buy scarves (hopefully squadron ones) and before you know it 20,000 novocastrians are all holding scarves above singing ntua.

This is my point in engaging the club to help promote it at the very first post.

It can be seen to be just another squadron song but if the club backs it as the club song sung by the fans to the team then that changes. There are 10,000 members who all have scarves because they get them in their supporters packs.

Handing something out on arrival and/or putting words up on the big screen and announcing for a while (corny as it may seem) for everyone to join in and sing for their team can only help.

The words NEED to be somewhere as most don't know them. If the club publicly endorses it and promotes the singing of it then that can only help too.

Also a cut down version I think with only one verse and punching out the chorus would probably work better but that is just my opinion.

In terms of "activating" the crowd has any thought been given to "seeding" another part of the crowd. ie getting say 20 members of the squadron to sit somewhere in the Western stand or on the western half of the southern hill (probably better as GA) to engage with the squadron at a distance. Allows others to mingle around them if they want to join in and also gives the Squadron some insight into the dynamics of sound delay (it is actually a real issue with clapping because from one end of the ground to the other is about a half second delay due to speed of sound making it hard to sync in with a rhythm) etc and what works in engaging and what doesn't?

hausmann
15-08-2013, 02:00 PM
In terms of "activating" the crowd has any thought been given to "seeding" another part of the crowd. ie getting say 20 members of the squadron to sit somewhere in the Western stand or on the western half of the southern hill (probably better as GA) to engage with the squadron at a distance. Allows others to mingle around them if they want to join in and also gives the Squadron some insight into the dynamics of sound delay (it is actually a real issue with clapping because from one end of the ground to the other is about a half second delay due to speed of sound making it hard to sync in with a rhythm) etc and what works in engaging and what doesn't?

"Seeding" was done in season two in the Western Stand because that's where I sat, and I dragged in a person now and then from Bay2. It was successful, but in truth that was only because there was a corporate box full of Greek kids who joined in with everything and made up their own chants. At the start of the season, most of the adults didn't participate, only the kids. Then, when things got exciting at the end of the season, everyone was joining in.

Honestly though, people have minds of their own. A lot simply want to watch the game and not join in with the chants. They get excited when there is something to get excited about. A lot of people in the Western Stand get involved in the "Come on Newcastle" chant at corners when the corner is an important one, like the game is running out of time, or when the Jets are bossing the game. The rest of the time, they know that they Jets aren't going to score from it so what's the point?

I really think the Jets crowd is a pretty educated one. If the club is dishing up shit, they don't give you anything. When they see good play, they do show their appreciation for it. They also boo and groan at the passing around the backs rubbish. When there is energy on the field, there is energy in the stands. And that is the way it should be. The players shouldn't wait until the fans give them a lift before they start to play well. They should play well from the starting whistle. And if they play well, then the supporters will give them more love the next home game.

The problem is the way the team has been playing in the last couple of years. Fix that up and you won't have to worry about atmosphere.

scarfy96
15-08-2013, 02:13 PM
Yes I agree with that but I would say that when a group of people start singing others tend to join in around them but few people want to be the "first". That is where kids are great because by and large they don't care, adults however tend to look around and if no-one else is singing they want don't want to be the first.

If you are a block away from a few that are thinking of joining in but are too embarrassed to be the first they wont (unless others around them do). That is why I thought seeding into the GA area at the start of the season may be good. That way people who want to join in will in time migrate to near to you, those that don't will migrate away (over a few games). Those in the stands can't move so you are relying on being around a group that want to join in.

Since the western stand is full of Silver and Gold members who have paid more I suspect you are less likely to get lucky there. Any seating I would target the GA area and the southern hill because at least in that area chances are they have had a couple of beers as well!

Jeterpool
15-08-2013, 02:44 PM
Yes I agree with that but I would say that when a group of people start singing others tend to join in around them but few people want to be the "first". That is where kids are great because by and large they don't care, adults however tend to look around and if no-one else is singing they want don't want to be the first.

If you are a block away from a few that are thinking of joining in but are too embarrassed to be the first they wont (unless others around them do). That is why I thought seeding into the GA area at the start of the season may be good. That way people who want to join in will in time migrate to near to you, those that don't will migrate away (over a few games). Those in the stands can't move so you are relying on being around a group that want to join in.

Since the western stand is full of Silver and Gold members who have paid more I suspect you are less likely to get lucky there. Any seating I would target the GA area and the southern hill because at least in that area chances are they have had a couple of beers as well!

My mates and I are seated in Bay 58. We sing religiously every home game. Unforunately nobody has taken up with us so far. Scarves are up and we sing loudly.

Hopefully this season a few more people will join us. However we won't be stopping if they don't :)

Once we get to a critical mass it will take off. We need to stick with it and one by one they will join in.

Initiatives suggested above certainly can't hurt. Printing off the words, showing them on the screen, giving it it's own air time all will build momentum.

hausmann
15-08-2013, 02:49 PM

Well go for it! Start a group and try and make it happen. That's the sort of passion I had 8 seasons ago so I know where you are coming from.

Worst that can happen is that you end up singing by yourselves, so nothing to lose really.

hawk
26-09-2013, 01:41 PM
I really think the Jets crowd is a pretty educated one. If the club is dishing up shit, they don't give you anything. When they see good play, they do show their appreciation for it. They also boo and groan at the passing around the backs rubbish. When there is energy on the field, there is energy in the stands. And that is the way it should be. The players shouldn't wait until the fans give them a lift before they start to play well. The problem is the way the team has been playing in the last couple of years. Fix that up and you won't have to worry about atmosphere.
Its more important to be active when the game is bad, ya dont have to watch the rubbish.

My mates and I are seated in Bay 58. We sing religiously every home game. Unforunately nobody has taken up with us so far. Scarves are up and we sing loudly.Hopefully this season a few more people will join us. However we won't be stopping if they don't :)
Once we get to a critical mass it will take off. We need to stick with it and one by one they will join in.
Initiatives suggested above certainly can't hurt. Printing off the words, showing them on the screen, giving it it's own air time all will build momentum.

Giving it a go again this season?

Jeterpool
26-09-2013, 02:51 PM
Giving it a go again this season?

Without a doubt Hawk.

Jeterpool
21-10-2013, 07:56 AM
Without a doubt Hawk.

As promised, I sang NTUA yesterday. I was the only one in my bay and the surrounding area to do so. People were looking at me weird, laughing at me but I don't care. Traditions all start somewhere!

Good work from the club putting the words up. No excuse for not singing!

Getting my voice ready for the gypos game