PDA

View Full Version : Active Supporters Forum.

timmy_v
17-08-2013, 10:06 PM
The Hunter Ports Newcastle Jets will host an active support forum at Newcastle Panthers on Thursday, September 5 starting at 6pm.

All Jets Members and supporters interested in active support are welcome to attend the forum and voice their opinion on a variety of active support topics.

The forum is also an opportunity for those Jets fans that are new to the concept of active support to get a better understanding of how active support works and how they can get involved.

Representatives from the Newcastle Jets, including members of the playing staff will be in attendance on the night.

Through songs, banners and tifo displays, active supporters bring a truly unique level of noise, colour and passion to football stadiums around the world.

Hunter Stadium is no exception to this, with Newcastle Jets players having fed off the energy and passion of the crowd for the past eight A-League seasons.

The Newcastle Jets aim to continue growing the Club’s active support base to ensure Hunter Stadium becomes a fortress for the Jets and a intimidating place for opposition teams to come and play.

The upcoming forum is a chance for Jets supporters who are passionate about active support to play their part in shaping the match day atmosphere at Hunter Stadium for the upcoming A-League season and beyond.

Newcastle Jets Active Support Forum
Newcastle Panthers
Thursday, September 5
Start time 6pm

Note:
-No prior registration is required to attend the forum. All Jets Members and supporters have to do is turn up on the night and have their say!
-The forum is being held to discuss active support only and other Club matters will not be discussed at this particular forum.

This has been a massive issue of late and its time to get things sorted for Active Support to grow in the right direction but it just becomes to hard to fix the issues that people have.

What are peoples thoughts on this topic?
And what issue's do you have with the current setup?

Note. This is a discussion and please respect peoples opinions.

Thomas477
17-08-2013, 11:09 PM
I won't be going, but I hope everything gets sorted. Active support is a major part of football matches.

Still reckon a good idea would be that an approved "chant sheet" gets distributed with the membership packs. That way the coverage of the ground should be enough to allow everyone to learn the chants in the fist few home games.. But I also understand the principle of staying independant from the club.

Good luck with it anyway.

pv4
17-08-2013, 11:12 PM
Coming from the king of the keyboard warriors..

It'll be interesting to see how many of the keyboard warriors particularly on facebook show up to this event to openly air their grievances and actually attempt to fix active support

Premy
18-08-2013, 01:13 AM
What are peoples thoughts on this topic?
And what issue's do you have with the current setup?
I know the reasons why but It has to be said, Southern Hill is where it should be. Also I won't be at the forum as I have football training at the same time

Jeterpool
18-08-2013, 06:51 AM
Im not a member of active support but am considering going along to offer some suggestions if I can.

Jeterpool
18-08-2013, 06:52 AM
Also great work from the club doing this

sammydog
18-08-2013, 08:50 AM
I know the reasons why but It has to be said, Southern Hill is where it should be. Also I won't be at the forum as I have football training at the same time

I agree. I know the issues have been done to death, but given its an open forum about active support, couldn't hurt to go over it with the club again to see if some compromise can be reached.

timmy_v
19-08-2013, 05:56 AM
Also great work from the club doing this

Club are hosting it to help us lads engage it. We have had this idea for months but we went this way so everyone didn't think it was only for those already in the involved.

MFKS
19-08-2013, 03:54 PM
Couple of points

Can the Active support roll up and get stuck in a little earlier than 5-10 mins before KO?? If the Active support was rocking up at 20-30 mins prior to Kick off and being "Active" as they entered the ground this may help set the MOOD. Ie Get the ground rocking well before kick off

Club needs to cut the shitful noise blaring over the PA out pre game. Seriously it is hard to hold a conversation with someone sitting next to you with the level of sound coming out of the speakers. This noise stifles the atmosphere generation. The only thing that should be heard pre kickoff in the last 15-20 mins is NTUA and then silence from the PA for the rest of the time.

Hence if you get the ground rocking and there is no noise over the PA pre kick off our rivals may be intimidated by the noise which they will hear in the dressing shed and the Jets may be inspired hearing the noise of millions and millions of Novacastrians doing their nuts for them

At WSW last year Pre game the ground interviewer were working with the RBB to teach the WSW crowds the chants by interviewing an RBB member and teaching the newcomers the words with this being announced for everyone to hear in the ground thus educating the masses QUICKLY.

Can the club clear up the aspect of Bay 2 being reserved seating and not general admission ie thus stopping newcomers joining the home active support if they wished to on a given day

Can the club actively encourage the 11k of Members they have to actually get to ALL games in NSW. I know it is mandatory for the likes on here but some of our fans won't even travel to Shittounge:sigh:

At present they do **** all in this regard. This isn't just us but all 4 NSW clubs should be working together to get large contingents of away fans to NSW derbys to really spice up the atmospheres and occassions

Most of MY best memories of supporting the Jets occur on an Away day not at home games. This is an area I feel the club should be focusing on anyway as it is an area you can use to "Hook" fans to being insanely devoted and not just fans. It seems much easier to get fans to get active on the "road" and by making this a more common theme some of them may actually get a bit more "Active" in Newy

RANT OVER

q-money
19-08-2013, 03:59 PM
Couple of points

Can the Active support roll up and get stuck in a little earlier than 5-10 mins before KO?? If the Active support was rocking up at 20-30 mins prior to Kick off and being "Active" as they entered the ground this may help set the MOOD. Ie Get the ground rocking well before kick off

Club needs to cut the shitful noise blaring over the PA out pre game. Seriously it is hard to hold a conversation with someone sitting next to you with the level of sound coming out of the speakers. This noise stifles the atmosphere generation. The only thing that should be heard pre kickoff in the last 15-20 mins is NTUA and then silence from the PA for the rest of the time.

Hence if you get the ground rocking and there is no noise over the PA pre kick off our rivals may be intimidated by the noise which they will hear in the dressing shed and the Jets may be inspired hearing the noise of millions and millions of Novacastrians doing their nuts for them

hey mfks long time listener first time caller

most of the active types lob up late because of the very reasons you mention in your next paragraph (i lob up late because i hate the jets and enjoy my pool game with president sanchez at the tenzo more). the active bays generally don't do anything pre game as it's farken impossible to do anything when DJ middleby is blasting the inane shite out at a million megawatts

kill the music (or play something decent) and you'll get the vibe back which you rightly point out

Premy
19-08-2013, 04:23 PM
And cheaper full strength beer would mean I would be less likey to hang at the TC 5mins prior to kick-off. Warm flat mid-strength @ $5.50 a pop piss off I'll stay at the TC a little while longer thanks.

furns
19-08-2013, 04:28 PM
And to add to q-moneys points:
Bay 2 is reserved seating as mandated by the FFA for active areas. This is to prevent overcrowding, as well as locking down troublemakers. This is why moving to the Hill will never work until its all-seated.
Upon discussions with the Jets about why my memberships were moved from bay 1 to bay 3 this season, I have been informed that bay 1 will be blocked out except in the cases of large games where bay 2 has sold out. This will help fill out bay 2 more and give us more to work with going forward.

We havent opened discussions with the Jets about gameday stuff for this season yet (past an initial meeting to meet the new Jets supporters liasons) until after this forum is done with. Seeing as a number of clubs have worked with their active support crews to stop that music crap 30 minutes prior to kickoff (WSW, MV and SFC mainly), its not a bad idea to get the Jets to do the same thing. It is something we have been asking for for years, but have always been met with a "We will see what we can do" and then nada.
Now that other clubs are already doing it, it will hopefully make it a lot easier.

I took it upon myself last season to resurrect the NSW Away Trip buses that the Squadron used to run, and it was going quite well until Sidd Foggs got their panties in a twist and put pressure on HSG to stop promoting a Port Stephens Coaches service on the Jets website. Again, once the forum is out of the way and Squadron stuff is sorted out, I will be looking at having discussions with the Jets about this issue.
Ideal situation is that we run "Family and underage" buses to WSW, CCM and SFC for every away game, and the Jets will promote it to the membership base on their website or via mailout.

It is also helping matters that football people are back in the Jets office rather than your rugby-league HSG types. Hopefully going forward we will find the Jets a lot easier to deal with.

q-money
19-08-2013, 04:29 PM
dunno why they just don't sell midstrength cans and be done with it. i can't really remember when we had a proper can shower, maybe ufuk talay was the last one :rof:

beats a plastic cup any day of the week, maybe if a certain foz member didn't chuck a beer at dyron dall we wouldn't have this problem :rof:

furns
19-08-2013, 04:29 PM
And cheaper full strength beer would mean I would be less likey to hang at the TC 5mins prior to kick-off. Warm flat mid-strength @ $5.50 a pop piss off I'll stay at the TC a little while longer thanks.

with the pissed up bellends causing trouble currently, you want to give them cheaper and stronger beer?

parksey
19-08-2013, 05:02 PM
And there should be prizes for fans for stuff like best hat, coolest jacket, funniest call etc.

q-money
19-08-2013, 05:08 PM
:rof:

hausmann
19-08-2013, 05:16 PM
I took it upon myself last season to resurrect the NSW Away Trip buses that the Squadron used to run, and it was going quite well until Sidd Foggs got their panties in a twist and put pressure on HSG to stop promoting a Port Stephens Coaches service on the Jets website. Again, once the forum is out of the way and Squadron stuff is sorted out, I will be looking at having discussions with the Jets about this issue.
Ideal situation is that we run "Family and underage" buses to WSW, CCM and SFC for every away game, and the Jets will promote it to the membership base on their website or via mailout.

I was umming and ahhing about whether to raise this one on facebook as a point of discussion at the meeting and see whether or not they were prepared to talk about it after the main business was sorted.

I know that it is not "active support" but it is "active" in the sense that it is something that fans want to do for other fans. Most people on the bus are either elderly, underage or female - people who didn't want to drive or brave public transport.

Given that Sydney FC v Newcastle Jets opener is likely to be another blockbuster, are you confident you'll get this sorted with them in time to get a bus set up for the opening game? I'm thinking of going with my son and would take the coach if it was on offer.

Do you think raising it at the meeting would help or hinder you furns? My point being, that I'm an active user of this service.

furns
19-08-2013, 05:22 PM
raising it would help imo
I was planning on raising it with them pretty quickly afterwards, but if its brought up on the night and we can get the majority to back it (its a decent fundraiser for tifo funds) then it cant hurt us at all.
I am fearing though we may have to make a choice between SF and PSC going forward.

hausmann
19-08-2013, 05:41 PM
raising it would help imo
I was planning on raising it with them pretty quickly afterwards, but if its brought up on the night and we can get the majority to back it (its a decent fundraiser for tifo funds) then it cant hurt us at all.
I am fearing though we may have to make a choice between SF and PSC going forward.

Well if Sid Foggs get a website that you can book through and will do all the admin, there's no problem with that.

furns
19-08-2013, 05:45 PM
I would be more impressed if they actually acted like they gave a shit. Instead of empty promises followed by deafening silence.

stretch
20-08-2013, 06:35 PM
And there should be prizes for fans for stuff like best hat, coolest jacket, funniest call etc.

hehehe :o