PDA

View Full Version : Newcastle Jets Wikipedia Pages.

Blackmac79
27-08-2013, 06:47 PM
I have just created the page for this season.

However while doing this I noticed that several of the pages related to the Jets need tidying and editing, either adding, removing, or relocating information.

Having done large segments of production, reduction and relocation of information from the pages that relate to the Jets, and Northern NSW Football. I am going to try and continue to do this to the best of my ability.

Anyone however who is willing to help update and correctify the articles dating back to the start of the A-league, and further into football in the Newcastle and Hunter Region, the help would be appreciated.

This thread is for discussion of the above, and of Wikipedia articles about the Jets, and football in the hunter in general.

P.s. my current wikipedia editing account is blackmac79, previously is had been grimgor79

GazFish35
27-08-2013, 08:03 PM
Correctify?

Blackmac79
27-08-2013, 08:19 PM
Best word in the English language.

boz-monaut
27-08-2013, 08:22 PM
just mke sure wikipedia correctly states who scored the 08 Grand Final goal

MFKS
27-08-2013, 10:26 PM
just mke sure wikipedia correctly states who scored the 08 Grand Final goal

And the miracle of brisbane

Premy
27-08-2013, 11:37 PM
It's says Newcastle are one of only 3 former NSL clubs this is incorrect, Queensland Roar where actually formed from Hollandia Inala Soccer Club along with Adelaide United and Perth Glory that's 4.

MFKS
27-08-2013, 11:53 PM
It's says Newcastle are one of only 3 former NSL clubs this is incorrect, Queensland Roar where actually formed from Hollandia Inala Soccer Club along with Adelaide United and Perth Glory that's 4.

You could even argue that Smurfs FC are Lowys modern day Hakoah and Gypos are Northern Spirit in disguise

Premy
28-08-2013, 12:06 AM
You could even argue that Smurfs FC are Lowys modern day Hakoah and Gypos are Northern Spirit in disguise

True... But Queensland/Brisbane Roar directly link themselves with Hollandia even stating that they were formed in the 1950's

Blackmac79
28-08-2013, 03:23 AM
Can't argue smurfs. Hakoah still exist therefore they are not smurfs

pv4
28-08-2013, 07:29 AM
Officially there is only one club that was brought from the NSL to the A-league, and that's Perth. I remember when the league started, the FFA made a huge fuss about how some clubs had similar setups to the NSL, but Perth were the only club to be recognised as a NSL club.

However, Adelaide are celebrating their 10 (is it 10, or 20, or something?) year anniversary this year, with a fancy new logo & everything. And obviously with Con we were basically United re-born. And there's enough case to call Sydney FC a reincarnation, in a sense. And I know some Brisbane supporters value their club as a NSL club

But yeah, officially there's only one club that was brought from the NSL into the HAL.

You know how you see some wikis setup and it says things like:

2000-2002 - The Golden Years
2002-2005 - Restructuring
2005-2009 - The Lebron era
etc

Can we have a Ljubo era one plz?