PDA

View Full Version : 2014 FFA knock-out cup

Pages : 1 [2]

WolfMan
18-07-2014, 01:22 PM
Side note : have contacted Northern NSW RE: tix for Magic v Strikers later this month. They seem to think there won't be any pre-purchasing (pay at the gate) but am waiting to hear back from Magic's President to confirm

Premy
18-07-2014, 01:22 PM
Ticket purchased. Free Outlet pickup (Entertainment Centre). Thank **** they aren't charging us for doing the legwork

EDIT: got ticketek and ticketmaster confused. Apparently HelloWorld (travel agent) in Wickham are the nearest outlet
Are they selling tickets there as well?

Premy
18-07-2014, 01:23 PM
Side note : have contacted Northern NSW RE: tix for Magic v Strikers later this month. They seem to think there won't be any pre-purchasing (pay at the gate) but am waiting to hear back from Magic's President to confirm
Legend that was my next question, let us know the outcome.

WolfMan
18-07-2014, 01:27 PM
Are they selling tickets there as well?

You could ask, but I believe they are 2 different entities. Wickham isn't that far away at any rate

I don't have a printer at home, otherwise that would be the easiest option

GazFish35
18-07-2014, 09:37 PM
I only paid 12.21. Free printing. was impressed.

Did you get charged the "handling" fee?

WolfMan
20-07-2014, 10:53 AM
UPDATE - nothing to report as far as Magic v Strikers ticketing.

I'll just rock up on the night and hopefully less than 4,500 people will have beaten me to the punch

Premy
20-07-2014, 11:04 AM

I'll just rock up on the night and hopefully less than 4,500 people will have beaten me to the punch
All honesty there is usually 5k+ for Grand Finals I can't see Magic turning people away at the gate. Also I can't see more than 4500 people turn up on a midweek cold winter night.

Blackmac79
21-07-2014, 01:11 PM
Anyone know what perth have available at the moment?

Jeterpool
21-07-2014, 01:55 PM
Anyone know what perth have available at the moment?

No idea. It'll be interesting to see how each team treats it. Will it be played like a pre-season game or will the best IX be put out?

I'd be treating it seriously myself and putting out the strongest team possible.

lquiquer
21-07-2014, 02:11 PM
No idea. It'll be interesting to see how each team treats it. Will it be played like a pre-season game or will the best IX be put out?

I'd be treating it seriously myself and putting out the strongest team possible.

Does the winner qualify for ACL or Brisbane, WSW and CCM confirmed for next year?

Blackmac79
21-07-2014, 02:13 PM
Does the winner qualify for ACL or Brisbane, WSW and CCM confirmed for next year?

Winner possible for ACL but it is up to the AFC, my understanding is the FFA have no say.

I hope we do treat it properly and go out for a win, anything else is unacceptable

borat
21-07-2014, 02:14 PM
No ACL qualification for FFA cup. And the 3 places are dependant on usual shenanigans

Blackmac79
21-07-2014, 02:57 PM
Source?

MFKS
21-07-2014, 03:53 PM

At the Magic V Olympic game they were selling the tickets yesterday. So pre purchase is available is you want.

As said before can't see the place full at 4-5k though so just buy on the night

borat
21-07-2014, 03:58 PM
Source?
I read somewhere, will post sauce if I find it, that FFA opted that for the first season not to put forward the FFA Cup winner for the 2016 ACL.

Arnold was then quoted this week saying.

"Hopefully, one day, the FFA Cup winners get an Asian Champions League place to add more credibility to it, but it's only early days yet," Arnold said.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/sydney-fc-using-games-against-epl-clubs-newcastle-united-and-west-ham-united-as-selection-trials-20140718-zufrc.html#ixzz384kxmaB6

Hardly concrete evidence, I know, but if I find the story will post.

WolfMan
21-07-2014, 07:19 PM
At the Magic V Olympic game they were selling the tickets yesterday. So pre purchase is available is you want.

As said before can't see the place full at 4-5k though so just buy on the night

Awesome, thanks for the info MFKS. As you said, I'll just rock up on the night

Pico
22-07-2014, 08:58 AM
I read somewhere, will post sauce if I find it, that FFA opted that for the first season not to put forward the FFA Cup winner for the 2016 ACL.

Arnold was then quoted this week saying.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/sydney-fc-using-games-against-epl-clubs-newcastle-united-and-west-ham-united-as-selection-trials-20140718-zufrc.html#ixzz384kxmaB6

Hardly concrete evidence, I know, but if I find the story will post.

Arnolds a muppet, it will have credibility if the clubs treat it with respect.

In my view it would lose credibility if the FFA said hey everyone the winner gets an ACL spot look at how credible this is now!
Then if an NPL team wins they have to say oh sorry guys you lot don’t actually qualify for the tournament, hey highest ranked HAL team congrats you get to go by default yay credibility!

Add in the fact that the ACL criteria changes almost annually meaning when the competition kicked off the criteria may allow some NPL teams to compete (highly doubtful) but before the ACL start, usually leading into December the criteria could change. You also have the chance for the ACL allocation to change mid tournament too.

What I’d like to see would be the winner getting an ACL spot if they can but only if there is a secondary competition that can take on an NPL team should they win, maybe a Singapore cup or AFC Presidents cup spot which could still be attractive for the HAL team. However it looks like the presidents cup will go when the AFC do the next round of reviews and look to introduce more qualifying rounds to the ACL.

Personally I’d rather another type of reward for the winner, one that is not cast in doubt before the tournament even finishes, one that is within the FFA’s control. That being said the other idea would be to allow the winner the chance to host a warmup game against the visiting all-stars opponent perhaps televised exclusively on Foxtel.

GazFish35
22-07-2014, 09:03 AM
Maybe if an NPL club win it they could be allowed to change their club badge without the stupid anti-ethnic policy.

Blackmac79
22-07-2014, 09:37 AM
Why should a second division team miss out if they win it. Should be allowed to compete

lquiquer
22-07-2014, 10:34 AM
Why should a second division team miss out if they win it. Should be allowed to compete

agree ^ ..... that's the beauty of the cup.. If u good enough to win it then you should be rewarded by playing in Asia. FFA should then financially help.

Thomas477
22-07-2014, 10:46 AM
Or if not the ACL, maybe the other continental cup competition?

Blackmac79
22-07-2014, 10:56 AM
There isn't another, their other comp the AFC cup or whatever is developing nations and is dying anyway

Pico
22-07-2014, 11:04 AM
just some of the ACL competition criteria that NPL clubs would have to meet.
-Submission of an audited Profit and Loss statement and
Balance Sheet to the League governing body
-Number of players under professional contract in the top team of
each club = 20
-All clubs' head coaches possess AFC "A" License Diploma or equivalent license approved by AFC.

They would have to gain an AFC Club license also to be eligible to compete, I believe one of those criteria is being in the top division. The AFC don't allow public access to the license regulations but MA's have to provide documents, like the following,
www.hkfa.com/upload/pdf/2013/HKFA%20Club%20Licensing%20Regulations.pdf

Which outline what would happen if a club from a lower division was to try and compete in the ACL

4.5 Extraordinary Admission of the Club Licensing System
In practice, such a club could for example be the winner or runner-up of the main domestic cup or league cup playing in a division other than the top division.
Based on such an extraordinary application, AFC may grant special permission to enter the corresponding AFC club competition, which only applies to that specific applicant and for the season in question.

The AFC General Secretary defines the minimum criteria for the extraordinary procedure and communicates these criteria to the national association by February 28 of the year preceding the season to be licensed at the latest.

The concerned national association must notify AFC of the possibility of such extraordinary application in writing, by September 30 at the latest, stating the name(s) of the club(s) concerned.

The FFA could apply for special consideration, but it would not be possible for it to apply for the winner alone as that would be decided too late, it would need to apply for all teams still in contention before September 30 the preceding year. However the AFC may not make their decision until as late as February the next year, after the FFA Cup final.

As i said if you need to add credibility then adding some mythical ACL spot that is not even in the FFA's power to award I believe is the wrong way of going about it.

Pico
22-07-2014, 11:09 AM
agree ^ ..... that's the beauty of the cup.. If u good enough to win it then you should be rewarded by playing in Asia. FFA should then financially help.

Bit rich for the FFA to be funding a clubs ACL run, where is the line drawn, anyone other then HAL, anyone under the top select NPL clubs, anyone at all.

IF you want to compete then you pay the costs.

Its the AFC's comp if they want to set a standard of clubs competing who's right is it for anyone to tell them other wise. The AFC went through a period where any tinpot club could compete, it didn't appeal so they decided to change direction.

MFKS
22-07-2014, 04:45 PM
Complete Hypotthetical Bullshit Anyway.

The strength of the game at the NPL level isn't strong enough that a NPL side will win the comp for a long time.

HAL Clubs will win this comp year in year out

If the FFA hadn't of rigged the thing so a NPL side gets to the semis and the thing was naturally random it would take several years for a NPL side to jag a semi spot on merit let alone worry about winning the damn thing

pv4
23-07-2014, 03:27 PM
Bought tickets to Perth game at Wanderers. If the numbers my ticket says are correct, I was the 113th person to get tickets to this game so far.

GazFish35
23-07-2014, 03:50 PM
Bought tickets to Perth game at Wanderers. If the numbers my ticket says are correct, I was the 113th person to get tickets to this game so far.

hot cakes!

lquiquer
23-07-2014, 04:04 PM

Got mine last week and got 212 & 213 :confused:

Jeterpool
23-07-2014, 04:05 PM

By that theory, the group I'm going with will amke up approximately 3% of the crowd

pv4
23-07-2014, 04:08 PM
Got mine last week and got 212 & 213 :confused:

Weird. I got 2 tickets, one says GA112 and the other GA113

BodyNovo
23-07-2014, 04:09 PM
mine is 487.

GazFish35
23-07-2014, 04:25 PM
mine is GA11

WolfMan
25-07-2014, 07:17 AM
Magic were selling tix for their match v Strikers at Garden City last night. Grabbed one for myself

MFKS
30-07-2014, 11:45 AM
Out of curiosity and I know people hate discussing money but is anyone from Magic and Southy able to enlighten us as to the cost/benefits in competing in the FFA Cup??

Did Magic have to cough up anything last night for hosting a game on TV

What were the financial drains on Southy taking a team Interstate to play

etc

Also what did they get covered or receive for making it to the Rd32

Also where does the money go raised on the night?? Does the home club get it. Is it split between both sides or are the FFA pocketing it???

Am curious to see how this thing works financially as lets face it the prize money ain't there and is it going to be a financial burden in the future for clubs to participate in like the ACL is???

Nou Camp
30-07-2014, 12:04 PM
Out of curiosity and I know people hate discussing money but is anyone from Magic and Southy able to enlighten us as to the cost/benefits in competing in the FFA Cup??

Did Magic have to cough up anything last night for hosting a game on TV

What were the financial drains on Southy taking a team Interstate to play

etc

Also what did they get covered or receive for making it to the Rd32

Also where does the money go raised on the night?? Does the home club get it. Is it split between both sides or are the FFA pocketing it???

Am curious to see how this thing works financially as lets face it the prize money ain't there and is it going to be a financial burden in the future for clubs to participate in like the ACL is???

speaking to a couple of magic committee members there was a cost in hosting the event
they had to cater for official guests in the club house
erect scaffolding
remove or move signage to make way for westfield, nab signs and others
there was other costs and work involved that down come to mind at the moment
would obviosuly have to come down to crowd you get on the night on whether you make a profit from it

i think they got $1600 for making round of 32 and if you make the round of 16 its like 3k+

playing away gets you free travel and accomdation for 20 or so people
not sure if there was other costs for away teams

MFKS
30-07-2014, 12:38 PM
speaking to a couple of magic committee members there was a cost in hosting the event
they had to cater for official guests in the club house
erect scaffolding
remove or move signage to make way for westfield, nab signs and others
there was other costs and work involved that down come to mind at the moment
would obviosuly have to come down to crowd you get on the night on whether you make a profit from it

i think they got $1600 for making round of 32 and if you make the round of 16 its like 3k+

playing away gets you free travel and accomdation for 20 or so people
not sure if there was other costs for away teams

Good to see the away team gets their travel and accommodation covered.

Just thinking about it taking a party of 25 interstate ie the playing squad coaches physio etc and then a few committee men on a junket and a club would be easily up for 5-10k when flights hotels are factored in. Would actually cripple a few clubs out there finding this money particularly if they got a few away matches

As for the signage issues to me it is disgraceful that the FFA covered the ground in their sponsors names last night and the Magic sponsors who cough up year in year out were not given the exposure. Sort of event that may increase interest from sponsors getting some exposure on TV to actually support the club in future

plague
30-07-2014, 12:45 PM
As for the signage issues to me it is disgraceful that the FFA covered the ground in their sponsors names last night and the Magic sponsors who cough up year in year out were not given the exposure. Sort of event that may increase interest from sponsors getting some exposure on TV to actually support the club in future

You taking the piss or what?
Your lack of understanding on how this stuff works staggers me sometimes.
I'll put it down to jet lag for now.
Up your game please, I'm getting worried about you.

belchardo
30-07-2014, 12:49 PM
pretty sure the Duke of Wellington and Sharp Copiers aren't FFA sponsors, yet I recall seeing them on the coverage.

MFKS
30-07-2014, 12:50 PM
You taking the piss or what?
Your lack of understanding on how this stuff works staggers me sometimes.
I'll put it down to jet lag for now.
Up your game please, I'm getting worried about you.

No I am not taking the piss.

The sponsors that Magic have visible to the world every other week at their ground were not visible to the cameras. They were either covered over by FFA signage or on the opposite side to the TV cameras

The rest of the ground was covered and visible to TV. Taking out the Competition Sponsors there were plenty of generic ones that should have been given to Magic for their sponsors and not used to put SIGN UP FOR A HAL CLUB MEMBERSHIP signs everywhere the sponsors weren't

Nou Camp
30-07-2014, 12:51 PM
Good to see the away team gets their travel and accommodation covered.

Just thinking about it taking a party of 25 interstate ie the playing squad coaches physio etc and then a few committee men on a junket and a club would be easily up for 5-10k when flights hotels are factored in. Would actually cripple a few clubs out there finding this money particularly if they got a few away matches

agreed, add a few thousand to that if you had to go to Perth

i agree with signage issue but when tommos plumbing pays $1k a year and westfield pays millions you know whos going to get their way

MFKS
30-07-2014, 01:39 PM
agreed, add a few thousand to that if you had to go to Perth

i agree with signage issue but when tommos plumbing pays $1k a year and westfield pays millions you know whos going to get their way

Understand that's how it goes down.

FFA though need to stop walking over the little guy so much for their own benefit and look after all parties supporting the game in this country

Pico
30-07-2014, 01:50 PM
So on the one hand you want the FFA to foot the bill for the travel & accommodation expenses, but on the other you want to refuse them the right of signage for the televised game to generate revenue to pay for the costs you want covered.

Also how is it any different to when HAL sides sponsors are not displayed in ACL fixtures. It looked to me like the FFA have adopted a Europa style signage policy where prime television signage is held by the competition organiser, but any additional signage locations can be used by the host club, which if you ask me is a step up from what the AFC demand for ACL games where it must be a clean stadium.

plague
30-07-2014, 04:24 PM
It's called commercial reality. It's how the world works.
You should look into it, might learn something.

parksey
30-07-2014, 04:27 PM
also you should win stuff by watching

GazFish35
30-07-2014, 06:46 PM
Can see big companies jumping at the chance to sponsor the cup only to be told "sorry you can't put signs up at the ground, bills barber shop and Max's mechanics have all the fence space at bum**** fc, we happily take your millions though"

Bremsstrahlung
30-07-2014, 06:51 PM
Each player should come and kick a size 2 replica ball into the crowd.

plague
31-07-2014, 06:39 PM
Newspapers said total TV audience was 32,400 and avg attendance across 4 games was 1,710.
Double eff aye apparently happy with these numbers.

I must say kudos to Fox for the coverage. They had their A-team announcers and reporters (and Gary Phillips) and the 'as it happened' goal updates were pretty cool.
They made it into a bit more of an event.
Well done.

Couscous
31-07-2014, 07:30 PM
Those figures are seriously unimpressive, aren't they?

weston
31-07-2014, 07:44 PM

Thought TV audience would of been a little higher

Pico
31-07-2014, 07:54 PM

What do you think they should be aiming for, 40, 80, 120, 500?

sammydog
31-07-2014, 08:34 PM
Newspapers said total TV audience was 32,400 and avg attendance across 4 games was 1,710.
Double eff aye apparently happy with these numbers.

I must say kudos to Fox for the coverage. They had their A-team announcers and reporters (and Gary Phillips) and the 'as it happened' goal updates were pretty cool.
They made it into a bit more of an event.
Well done.

Given the way my twitter feed went bananas during the game, I would have thought it would be higher.

Coverage was pretty good though. Set a very high bar early on in terms of coverage.

MFKS
31-07-2014, 08:38 PM
So first up a newly formed competition struggled on a medium not everyone has on a night of the week not usually when you see coverage for the game in this country and we has some pub clubs from Newy and Brisvegas that many into the game in this country would have NFI about

Yet some blokes are surprised that ratings were not high

Couscous
31-07-2014, 11:54 PM
What do you think they should be aiming for, 40, 80, 120, 500?

I genuinely have no idea; I don't work in advertising. But, to me, the figure seems low for a national broadcast.

I do know that TV is expensive to produce. Here's a comparison (apples and oranges, but I'll go ahead anyway): the Newy Herald sells more copies of the paper than the number of people across Australia who tuned in last night.

Yet some blokes are surprised that ratings were not high

See above. I suspect viewership figures that low must be close to break-even level, or even below it. The product, and the coverage, are great, so hopefully there'll be more marketing in future.

GazFish35
01-08-2014, 12:09 AM
Maybe it costs fox less to cover it than it does for them to buy content from overseas..... They can't have dead air, they need "live" and "Australian" content so perhaps it is economically viable. Might be cheaper than covering the state cricket matches.

Getting in at this early stage may also be seen as an investment in the potential of the cup.....
And,
It could go gangbusters and 15 years time be something of great value that fox still hold exclusive rights to as uncle frank sold them exclusivity for 99 years.

MFKS
01-08-2014, 07:26 AM
Maybe it costs fox less to cover it than it does for them to buy content from overseas..... They can't have dead air, they need "live" and "Australian" content so perhaps it is economically viable. Might be cheaper than covering the state cricket matches.

Getting in at this early stage may also be seen as an investment in the potential of the cup.....
And,
It could go gangbusters and 15 years time be something of great value that fox still hold exclusive rights to as uncle frank sold them exclusivity for 99 years.

It shouldn't cost them much at all to cover it.

Couple of Cameramen 2 commentators and lets face it Gary Phillips can't be getting paid much and FFA can't be charging them much either for the privilege to film it and show it.

WolfMan
01-08-2014, 07:40 AM
Just had a look ahead on Foxtel - can't see any matches scheduled for broadcast this coming Tuesday.

Seems strange that they would televise the first lot of matches and not the remaining Round of 32 match days…

Premy
01-08-2014, 07:50 AM
Just had a look ahead on Foxtel - can't see any matches scheduled for broadcast this coming Tuesday.

Seems strange that they would televise the first lot of matches and not the remaining Round of 32 match days…
It was always going to be that way. Fox confirmed when they signed on they would show 1 round of 32, 1 round of 16 and Quarters, Semi's and Finals would be shown. They have the option to show more if they choose to.

leftrightout
01-08-2014, 08:08 AM
It was always going to be that way. Fox confirmed when they signed on they would show 1 round of 32, 1 round of 16 and Quarters, Semi's and Finals would be shown. They have the option to show more if they choose to.

They had everything set up at wanderers to broadcast, how hard would it be to leave it all there for a week and do another match?

belchardo
01-08-2014, 08:16 AM
They had everything set up at wanderers to broadcast, how hard would it be to leave it all there for a week and do another match?

With 9 games of AFL, 8 (?) Games of nrl, 1 super rugby match on this weekend, I would say quite hard.

Pico
01-08-2014, 10:27 AM
I genuinely have no idea; I don't work in advertising. But, to me, the figure seems low for a national broadcast.

Closest example i can give you is this

17 November 2013 Newcastle Jets v Brisbane Roar Hunter Stadium, Newcastle 91 k
http://au.fourfourtwo.com/forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=86368

You have to remember that Foxtel only has an average 30% subscription base & while I don’t see why you would have it without sport there are still those who don’t opt to pay extra for it within that 30%.

This was a game between two semi-pro teams, so I personal think if they can be hitting approx. half the average HAL games ratings (85-90k I believe) than that’s something Foxtel may look to try and build from. My only concern would be if the ratings start to drop-off as you’d expect to see a larger audience for the first ever game. The fact it was two lower league teams gives me hope that the ratings will hold or maybe spike a bit with the addition of a real David vs Goliath, unlike the fabricated South Cardiff vs Springvale game.

Just to give you an idea this is a rating from last HAL season

1/15/2013

Mediaweek ‏@MediaweekAUS

Fri TV #ALeague #NEWvADL
SBS2 50k
FoxSports 49k

so even with blanket coverage around Australia Newcastle vs Adelaide could only pull 1k more than Foxtel with their limited reach. Granted that would not happen all the time but its shows what happens when you have two lower drawing teams competing.

Blackmac79
01-08-2014, 10:55 AM
Must be a melbourne thing, Knights now spruiking geneva convention style interventions in the FFA "national club identity policy" and their sponsor Melbourne Coratia Soccer Club inc.

MFKS
01-08-2014, 11:58 AM
Must be a melbourne thing, Knights now spruiking geneva convention style interventions in the FFA "national club identity policy" and their sponsor Melbourne Coratia Soccer Club inc.

But you are aware the arrogance they had to try and put Croatians Sports Club on their shirts as a big **** you to the FFA after their perceived injustice with their plight after the demise of the NSL. It ain't their regular sponsor and they went ahead and released the shirts with out firstly getting FFA approval.

FFA knocked it on the head with their de ethnic policy in all things football.

Now the Knights are just bitching to high heavens and wish to continue carrying on like spolit little brats

Blackmac79
01-08-2014, 12:02 PM
But you are aware the arrogance they had to try and put Croatians Sports Club on their shirts as a big **** you to the FFA after their perceived injustice with their plight after the demise of the NSL. It ain't their regular sponsor and they went ahead and released the shirts with out firstly getting FFA approval.

FFA knocked it on the head with their de ethnic policy in all things football.

Now the Knights are just bitching to high heavens and wish to continue carrying on like spolit little brats

I understand. Is it possible to disagree with both sides of the argument?

FFA are being twats, so are knights. not that it matters thanks to olympic FC :D

MFKS
01-08-2014, 12:34 PM
I understand. Is it possible to disagree with both sides of the argument?

FFA are being twats, so are knights. not that it matters thanks to olympic FC :D

FFA are being twats in that they made up a rule JUST to screw the Knights.
Add in that Magic wore Macedonian Sports Club and got away with it on the basis it is on the current Magic NPL kit and Knights were not allowed to wear the Croatian Club only cause it is not part of the NPL kit.

The double standards are baffling.

Knights on the other hand are just a dinosaur of a bygone era that is in serious need of modern management who want to be part of the game in this country and not carrying on like they are bigger than the game over an agenda from disillusioned old farts who couldn't run the game well in this country when they had the opportunity to

pv4
01-08-2014, 12:35 PM
I'm siding with the Knights here.

MFKS
01-08-2014, 06:02 PM
Why???

They did what they did looking to either rub the nose of the FFA in it or to have a blue

Make no mistake about it their intentions are to be a pain in the arse

One of the club's it is great modern football in Australia left behind

plague
01-08-2014, 06:29 PM

Our team, our town.
http://www.framingdoctor.com.au/images/NRL%20-%20Star%20Series%20-%20Newcastle%20Knights.jpg

Premy
21-08-2014, 09:35 PM
Round of 16 draw tomorrow 4:30pm

joel31
21-08-2014, 11:28 PM
who cares its over

Premy
22-08-2014, 07:13 PM
Round of 16 Fixtures
http://m.foxsports.com.au/football/ffa-cup/join-us-for-the-round-of-16-ffa-cup-draw-to-be-conducted-on-fox-sports-news/story-fno7mzzd-1227033370417
Personally looking forward to Sydney United V Sydney FC and the clash of 2 former NSL clubs Adelaide City and Brisbane Strikers.

belchardo
23-08-2014, 07:56 AM
Tuggers v victory in canberra! Sweet!

Honestly, this could be the biggest sporting event in canberra so far this year.

MFKS
23-08-2014, 09:21 AM
So which games on the idiot box??

ToddG NBUnited
23-08-2014, 09:51 AM

All of them im pretty sure.

MFKS
23-08-2014, 10:03 AM
I thought it was only 1 per round up to the QF stage???

Premy
23-08-2014, 10:05 AM
Round of 16 is split into two separate days pretty sure both days will have something similar to the Broadmedow game. Quarterfinals, Semi and Final will all be on stand alone days and all broadcast live.

Grimario
27-08-2014, 11:14 AM
FFA have banned streaming of any non-broadcast games.

q-money
27-08-2014, 11:17 AM
the mental giants down at FFA towers strike again

Grimario
27-08-2014, 11:20 AM
I understand that Foxsports hold the broadcast rights but ffs.

MFKS
27-08-2014, 11:20 AM
Some real bright sparks at FFA HQ with their protectionist policies.

Wish some one would actually take aim at them and sign a rival sponsor to the official FFA sponsor and then not back down and take them on and win.

belchardo
27-08-2014, 11:23 AM
ridiculous.

borat
28-08-2014, 01:11 PM
FFA have banned streaming of any non-broadcast games.

Only 2 game days, with a televised match on each day. At least one of those with live crosses to the other games.

I can see why they did it

la bazzle
28-08-2014, 01:14 PM
Yeah makes sense ey

BodyNovo
28-08-2014, 01:15 PM
if this is an ffa initiative with no concerns from fox sports than its a **** up

if foxsports made a fuss than all good

i quite liked the magic v strikers + cross overs tbh.

la bazzle
28-08-2014, 01:23 PM
Ofcourse fox would make a fuss... Why buy a product only for it to compete with itself through online streaming? Let's say there's a syd game on fox and melb game streamed through clubs at the same time. There goes a shit load of ur already pretty low Melbourne audience.

Grimario
28-08-2014, 03:21 PM
But if you're only interested in the game they aren't showing, why the **** would you watch at all?

Blackmac79
28-08-2014, 06:07 PM
They are showing the other 3 games via single cameras ala match day 1.

None of the Matchday 1 games were allowed streams either. Fox just protecting what they are showing.

la bazzle
28-08-2014, 07:47 PM
But if you're only interested in the game they aren't showing, why the **** would you watch at all?

Yeah but theyre banking on football fans watching for the sake of watching live football and being interested in the cup. Plenty of people watched Magic and Brisbane and besides seeing Jonny Griff why else would people have watched it? Would south cardiff peeps watched if their team was on live stream? helllll no those wankers wouldnt

Blackmac79
05-09-2014, 11:43 AM
Got a ticket to United v FC.

Going to be good.

Jetmaster
05-09-2014, 11:58 AM
Got a ticket to United v FC.

Going to be good.

That is going to be a massive game - so many variables.

Premy
16-09-2014, 06:11 PM
This link should work for tonight's game, for us plebs without Foxtel.

http://www.wiziwig.tv/broadcast.php?matchid=280103&part=sports

Blackmac79
16-09-2014, 08:01 PM
I quite like zappers as the face of the FFA cup. Hate slater.

Premy
16-09-2014, 08:26 PM
I quite like zappers as the face of the FFA cup. Hate slater.

Just got home from dinner with the wife (perfect timing), hows the build up coverage been?

Premy
16-09-2014, 09:14 PM
Poor RB for tuggeis is going to have nightmares for the next year.

belchardo
17-09-2014, 09:12 AM
went to the game. victory weren't much chop, but I acknowledge they are in pre-season. they are still laughably bad in defence.

4 flares for the night from the Melbourne fans so good form from them. one even had a banner: "14? here's 5 more years". anybody care to inform me which particular aspect of human rights violations they were protesting this time? dickhead seemed like he got away from a few security guards before getting absolutely smashed.

GazFish35
17-09-2014, 10:08 AM
one even had a banner: "14? here's 5 more years". .

apparently about a dude who has a 14 yr ban turning it in a 19 year ban.

Watch FFA now start handing out 19 years bans to Victory fans, then after victory compain they are being treated unfairly, everyone will get 19 year bans

Blackmac79
23-09-2014, 03:03 PM
U-den-sor park!

Beeen
23-09-2014, 03:55 PM
flare count predictions?

Blackmac79
23-09-2014, 04:22 PM
I have 6...

(just for you hatamoto stalkers).

Grimario
23-09-2014, 08:44 PM
They have run out of bread rolls for the cevapi at Edensor Park.

plague
23-09-2014, 08:50 PM
Awesome commentary so far. Should have renamed it the 'Robbie Slater memory lane tour'.
Did any of you blokes know he won an EPL title with Blackburn?

plague
23-09-2014, 08:52 PM
They have run out of bread rolls for the cevapi at Edensor Park.
This is why David Hill was hell bent on running the effniks out of the league.

Grimario
23-09-2014, 08:56 PM
Decent strike that.

hawk
23-09-2014, 09:07 PM
ffa cup my ass, its a euro qualifier.

hawk
23-09-2014, 09:09 PM
Blue coasties wtf

plague
23-09-2014, 09:18 PM
Top quality defending.

boz-monaut
23-09-2014, 11:42 PM
only saw two flares at Edensor Park - the security there didn't even have buckets of water to put them out in

clearly this was some new security company who weren't used to work in the ethnic leagues

Premy
24-09-2014, 12:01 AM
only saw two flares at Edensor Park - the security there didn't even have buckets of water to put them out in

clearly this was some new security company who weren't used to work in the ethnic leagues
Did you go to the game boz? People on FB are saying the flares were thrown from outside of the ground over the fence, anyone know if that is the truth? Blackmac?

boz-monaut
24-09-2014, 12:16 AM
yep, the two I saw were thrown from over the fence

we left before the third goal so I don't know if any more were ripped

GazFish35
24-09-2014, 12:38 AM
How do flares and fake grass react?

MFKS
24-09-2014, 08:17 AM
Not convinced about the plastic pitches.

Alright for training purposes and mickey mouse matches but serious games they are having a laugh.

Ball just does not run/bounce etc true in my eyes

boz-monaut
24-09-2014, 08:59 AM
I've watched a few games on synthetic pitches, and played on them as well, and last night's game was the first one I could say the ball played differently

normally after a few minutes on a synthetic pitch you don't notice any difference but Edensor Park just looked like a hockey pitch all game

plus those stupid stripes - and the flares probably don't do it much good either

Blackmac79
24-09-2014, 09:22 AM
Flares definitely came from over the fence.

Funny watching the Sydney FC hools post match. Coppers have cottened on finally to the fred perry/adidas combo. clocked them as soon as they walked out of the ground and followed them with the mounted pohpoh. small incident near the shops a bit up from the ground. however as I said cops were sticking the the FC casuals like glue so it ended more the cops hitting them, rather them hitting anyone.

I like the pitch, sydney fc struggled on it a bit I think, a few times they couldn't quite get it. Would be interested to know what type United have. From memory it was 3G, the 4G pitches (ala lily holmes, which is softer than most grasses) are better again.

GazFish35
24-09-2014, 09:24 AM
Not convinced about the plastic pitches.

Alright for training purposes and mickey mouse matches but serious games they are having a laugh.

Ball just does not run/bounce etc true in my eyes

Spartans' is pretty bloody good. Would play on it over any on of 500 grass fields I've played on.

Pico
24-09-2014, 12:11 PM
Synthetics have always been a bit different to play on that’s why they use the hybrid pitches in Europe instead as there is no difference, but the newer higher quality synthetics are supposed to be getting much closer to the natural and hybrid pitches.

goaliepersempre
24-09-2014, 08:26 PM
**** SYNTHETIC PITCHES... they are rubbish.. the game is not the same... WE have clubs in our league here in switzerland with them and as a player you hate having to go play on them, maybe when first put in its ok, but after 6 months its not the same......

Also as a fan, I hate watching games on synthetic as the ball just doesnt move the same way as it does on grass.....

GazFish35
25-09-2014, 08:41 AM
Put some lube on first and feels very similar.

lquiquer
13-10-2014, 10:06 PM
Go the Sharks.........

Premy
14-10-2014, 10:24 PM
If those c#*t$ draw the winner out of Adelaide City V Bentliegh Greens in the semis I want a royal commission.

lquiquer
14-10-2014, 10:59 PM
If those c#*t$ draw the winner out of Adelaide City V Bentliegh Greens in the semis I want a royal commission.
They will

MFKS
14-10-2014, 11:35 PM

Can bitch all we like about it.

If our club was clever enough they would have been taking the comp seriously and still be there and in with a shout of winning it or knocking the Gypo scum out at the least.

When we chose to take it half arsed like we did they inflicted the prospect on us of having to sit back and watch those ****s take it out.

Its the type of trophy these ****s will win regularly

Jeterpool
15-10-2014, 07:49 AM
I will admit, 4 goals in 18 minutes is pretty good.

And at least we now know what Karl Dodd is doing since he got released from the Jets.

WolfMan
15-10-2014, 05:03 PM
And at least we now know what Karl Dodd is doing since he got released from the Jets.

Eating pies?

hawk
21-10-2014, 08:40 PM
like to see gogo mabil score a couple tonight

Grimario
21-10-2014, 09:24 PM
How good is this guy playing at the back on the left for Adelaide? What a guy.

belchardo
21-10-2014, 09:29 PM
He's shit. Would never sign him.

la bazzle
21-10-2014, 11:06 PM
How good is this guy playing at the back on the left for Adelaide? What a guy.

Besides not scoring that chance he was brilliant all game. So glad we got rid of him.

MFKS
22-10-2014, 04:06 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B0d4QUACEAEpP4T.jpg

Studs up makes contact with a bloke don't get the ball.

Maybe I am missing something but that is a red card

It is fun though listening to Arnie whinge though

parksey
22-10-2014, 04:14 PM
it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to play the advantage and then come back for a red card, though.

what if old mate, who chased back after the tackle, had scored an own goal or made a good tackle? what would have happened then?

Grimario
22-10-2014, 04:19 PM
Talk elsewhere is that the red card call wasn't Williams, it was the fourth official.

pv4
22-10-2014, 04:20 PM
it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to play the advantage and then come back for a red card, though.

what if old mate, who chased back after the tackle, had scored an own goal or made a good tackle? what would have happened then?

AFAIK the laws of the game state that if the ref feels there is an opportunity to score if advantage were to be played, he can allow play to continue. The ref thought Adelaide could score, so allowed play to continue, and then retrospectively (that word fits there, yeah?) gave him the red card. If he scored an own goal in the play, that is one hell of an advantage to Adelaide. If he made a good tackle, play would have been pulled up I imagine (how long that advantage lasts in the context, I don't know).

Personally I didn't think the challenge in question was worthy of a red, or maybe even perhaps a yellow. When I watched it live, as well as on replay, it just looks like he has no malice/intent and is solely sticking a foot out to get the ball (which he misses) and barely touches the Adelaide player.

I was more worried about Gameiro's tackle, which was worse than Saba's in the derby (which I thought was a yellow at best ftr) or some of Brosque's challenges in that game tbh.

All in all, Williams is a disaster.

MFKS
22-10-2014, 04:47 PM
What you reckon personally WLG is irrelevant.

The issue is the contact was studs up, high and dangerous. According to the laws of the game Williams is 100% right
Just cause the opponent isn't injured does not make it any less worthy of being dangerous.

No surprise though you are sticking up or your Gypo mate Arnie though. :sup:

Once a Gypo always a gypo........ etc :sparring:

Bon
23-10-2014, 09:26 AM
I see it as a win-win-win scenario..
a) Sydney lost..
b) Sydney lose old-mate for another game with his suspension..
c) Williams gets reprimanded or stood down to teach him to stop being such a dick..

pv4
23-10-2014, 09:34 AM
What you reckon personally WLG is irrelevant.

The issue is the contact was studs up, high and dangerous. According to the laws of the game Williams is 100% right
Just cause the opponent isn't injured does not make it any less worthy of being dangerous.

No surprise though you are sticking up or your Gypo mate Arnie though. :sup:

Once a Gypo always a gypo........ etc :sparring:

The FFA have come out and said they didn't think it was worthy of a red, have stood down Williams, but can't overturn the suspension. So I think they agree with me in saying it wasn't a red.

Yep, sticking up for Arnie - particularly when I said two more of his players should have been sent off.

Bon
23-10-2014, 09:49 AM
The FFA have come out and said they didn't think it was worthy of a red, have stood down Williams, but can't overturn the suspension. So I think they agree with me in saying it wasn't a red.

Yep, sticking up for Arnie - particularly when I said two more of his players should have been sent off.

http://i39.tinypic.com/wtu9n8.jpg

MFKS
23-10-2014, 10:44 AM

What do you mean they can't overturn the suspension?? They are the governing body and have the powers to do so if they desire. They have chosen not to as it is a legit offence.

It is the refs interpretation and in this instance the ref has interpreted it as aggressive dangerous play etc

As for Williams being stood down it is highly likely he wouldn't have reffed HAL this week. They have quite a large pool of refs and they don't ref each and every week anyway.

Williams has so far reffed Rd 1 Rd 2 and this FFA Cup in the space of 10-11 days. The fact he ain't reffing this week may well be coincidental as he was gonna get the weekend off anyway and may well have nothing to do with being stood down as you put it

Thomas477
23-10-2014, 04:40 PM
The rules of the mrp state that they can only overturn it if it wasn't worthy of even a yellow card. They didn't find that. Ergo, for once, the FFA are playing by their own rules.

hawk
23-10-2014, 07:37 PM
I see it as a win-win-win scenario..
a) Sydney lost..
b) Sydney lose old-mate for another game with his suspension..
c) Williams gets reprimanded or stood down to teach him to stop being such a dick..

on the dime here

Bon
24-10-2014, 09:06 AM
I forgot another point:
d) Graham Arnold is having a pink-panty meltdown about it..

There is nothing negative about the situation.. :thumbsup:

Premy
29-10-2014, 09:25 PM
Anyone watching? Anyone staying up to watch the Glory V Victory game?

MFKS
29-10-2014, 09:28 PM
Anyone watching? Anyone staying up to watch the Glory V Victory game?

Yep it is hard viewing and justifys the disgrace that is the draw that 2 NPL clubs are guarantteed to play a QF just so one gets to the semi.

Hope the winner gets ****ing thumped in the next game to shove this shit idea down the FFA's throat.

Make the entire event random. Make the clubs play on their proper grounds and give the opportunity for some of these blokes to play at a HAL venue

weston
29-10-2014, 09:30 PM
Having dinner at the moment. Than I'll go back to my room and watch the rest of this game and the next

How's the first game anyhow??

Jeterpool
29-10-2014, 09:46 PM
Tando Velaphi is really in the action tonight

weston
29-10-2014, 10:03 PM
Damn it I can't get the channel on the TV. I'm in a motel. They have 2 fox sports channels. The wrong ones. Fml.

Premy
29-10-2014, 10:11 PM
Adelaide Derby would be immense

lquiquer
29-10-2014, 11:17 PM
Won't happen and bet u Greens will draw coasties in semi

Grimario
29-10-2014, 11:26 PM
Won't happen and bet u Greens will draw coasties in semi

Almost a nailed on certainty. Shame, was looking for an Adelaide derby.

Good strike by that Cal fella. Soft penalty for Perth to get there too.

Grimario
30-10-2014, 12:57 AM
Extra time coming up. Good for us, hopefully.

Thomas477
30-10-2014, 09:08 AM
Extra time coming up. Good for us, hopefully.

Can see us sitting back and letting Perth play the game on their terms. Why would we want to attack a team that's just played 120 minutes 4 days before our game?

Bon
30-10-2014, 09:14 AM
Tando Velaphi is really in the action tonight

Hahaha i thought the same thing..

Jeterpool
30-10-2014, 09:53 AM
Hahaha i thought the same thing..

Dead set doppelganger - and I've thought that for ages!!

MFKS
31-10-2014, 08:17 PM
Semi Draw

Bentleigh V Perth
Adelaide V Gypos

lquiquer
31-10-2014, 08:22 PM
Semi Draw

Bentleigh V Perth
Adelaide V Gypos

Where is final being played? Neutral ground?

Premy
31-10-2014, 09:07 PM
Where is final being played? Neutral ground?
Don't take this as gospel but it will be drawn out of a barrel between the 2 finalist.

Premy
11-11-2014, 08:12 PM
Tonight's game just got a massive plug on the project, had a good 5min segment interviewing John Anastasiadis. Good to see.

joel31
11-11-2014, 08:24 PM
Bentleigh have seemed to have so much coverage as a miracle team. The draw was fixed so one state league team had to make the semi finals

GazFish35
11-11-2014, 09:04 PM
Perth v Adelaide final to be played as curtain raiser to Liverpool v aleague all stars next offseason,

Players expected to turn out for all stars if selected.

Grimario
11-11-2014, 11:33 PM
Don't take this as gospel but it will be drawn out of a barrel between the 2 finalist.

If your gospel is anything like the biblical gospel, it is completely unreliable.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/football/perth-glory-wont-host-ffa-cup-final-due-to-daylight-saving-and-threehour-time-difference/story-fnhq6mze-1227109472664

Whoever wins the other fixture will host the final. FFA (Foxtel) don't want to do it in Perth because of daylight savings differences meaning a prime time game would kick off at 4:30pm leading to shit crowds.

Premy
12-11-2014, 12:00 AM
If your gospel is anything like the biblical gospel, it is completely unreliable.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/football/perth-glory-wont-host-ffa-cup-final-due-to-daylight-saving-and-threehour-time-difference/story-fnhq6mze-1227109472664

Whoever wins the other fixture will host the final. FFA (Foxtel) don't want to do it in Perth because of daylight savings differences meaning a prime time game would kick off at 4:30pm leading to shit crowds.God could you imagine a Tuesday night final at Gosford, doll check comes in on Thursday would be lucky to get 5,000 to the ground.

De-Champ
12-11-2014, 03:43 PM
Bentleigh have seemed to have so much coverage as a miracle team. The draw was fixed so one state league team had to make the semi finals

I watched them play last night, and they are not a bad side.

leftrightout
13-11-2014, 08:36 AM
I watched them play last night, and they are not a bad side.

Yeah i was really impressed with them. Particularly in the second half, they certainly played some decent football against an opposition who were obviously better.

I have loved the FFA cup, it has been brilliant! Great crowds at perfect venues... its a shame the jets suck!

Jetmaster
13-11-2014, 09:20 AM
Maybe next year we'll take it seriously...

pv4
13-11-2014, 09:24 AM
Maybe next year we'll take it seriously...

What made you think we didn't take it seriously?

We came up against a good Perth outfit.

GazFish35
13-11-2014, 09:35 AM
Maybe next year ...

Club's new promotional slogan...

Grimario
13-11-2014, 10:00 AM
What made you think we didn't take it seriously?

We came up against a good Perth outfit.

All of the comments from players and coaching staff after we lost?

Imyourhero
13-11-2014, 11:41 AM
I was impressed by the fact that it was games with state league clubs that drew the biggest crowds. This competition will go from strength to strength in the coming years.

pv4
13-11-2014, 11:44 AM
Personally I want to see next year just be a completely random draw - no pots or anything.

Grimario
13-11-2014, 11:47 AM
Personally I want to see next year just be a completely random draw - no pots or anything.

Agreed.

They also need to sort out the finals venue. Obviously it will be on Australia Day next season and wasn't this one because of Asian Cup but host city should be decided in advance, kind of like Champions League final or the Superbowl is.

GazFish35
13-11-2014, 11:48 AM
Final should be at AAMI on boxing day - at night.

pv4
13-11-2014, 11:55 AM
They also need to sort out the finals venue. Obviously it will be on Australia Day next season and wasn't this one because of Asian Cup but host city should be decided in advance, kind of like Champions League final or the Superbowl is.

I don't think I agree with this tbh. I don't see the interest in the FFA Cup final being at Allianz on a Saturday night featuring say Adelaide and Perth, particularly mid-season and arguably the same weekend as the host city's own team playing.

Public holiday might work, like Gaz said, though.

But I'm a firm believer in one of the competing teams in the final should host it.

Jetmaster
13-11-2014, 12:14 PM
Final should be at AAMI on boxing day - at night.

Winna ! A day at the cricket first natch.

BodyNovo
13-11-2014, 12:16 PM
it will be 20-30 years before cup final will be played at a neutral venue

agree with PV4 gotta be played at a 2 of the competing teams

would love to see these games next year be played on the weekend. even if it ment moving some of the HAL teams in the early rounds to smaller grounds to accommodate pre-booked grounds.

Grimario
13-11-2014, 12:16 PM
I don't think I agree with this tbh. I don't see the interest in the FFA Cup final being at Allianz on a Saturday night featuring say Adelaide and Perth, particularly mid-season and arguably the same weekend as the host city's own team playing.

Public holiday might work, like Gaz said, though.

But I'm a firm believer in one of the competing teams in the final should host it.

It will be on Australia Day - that's already confirmed, isn't it? That was part of the spiel way back when it was first announced.

lquiquer
13-11-2014, 12:25 PM
Maybe host of final should be highest ranked team on A-league table at time of semi-finals. If 1 non A-league team in final then they can choose the venue (Sydney team can choose between Allianz and Pirtek, Victoria team AAMI or Etihad, Queensland team Suncorp, Gold Coast or Townsville.........and so on). If 2 non Aleague teams in final then might rely on results in National Premier League?

Premy
13-11-2014, 01:49 PM
Maybe host of final should be highest ranked team on A-league table at time of semi-finals. If 1 non A-league team in final then they can choose the venue (Sydney team can choose between Allianz and Pirtek, Victoria team AAMI or Etihad, Queensland team Suncorp, Gold Coast or Townsville.........and so on). If 2 non Aleague teams in final then might rely on results in National Premier League?

In future the final will be on Australia Day. The Venue I dare say will be chosen at random between the two finalists as the W.A time differance won't be a problem on a public holiday.
FFA need to get serious and get rid of the pots in the draw but

Premy
14-11-2014, 12:18 AM
Thinking out loud here.
This is what I would like to see next year. All State NPL winners qualify the others come through the State's respective Cup competitions. If a NPL winner gains qualification threw the Cup then the highest placed runner up in the respective NPL gains Qualification, eg: Sydney Olympic win the NSW NPL and Marconi come second but Sydney Olympic make the final 8 of the State Cup and Marconi are knocked out before the final 8 in the State Cup then Marconi gain qualification.
The National NPL champion is seeded to R2 along with the A-league finalists.

State Qualification places are broken down like this.
State/Cup+NPL
QLD- 6+1
NNSW-3+1
NSW-8+1
ACT-3+1
VIC-8+1
S.A-4+1
TAS-2+1
W.A-4+1
N.T-1
Total=47

R1- 46 State Federation clubs + bottom 4 A-League clubs= 50÷2=25 progress
R2- 25 from R1+ top 6 A--League+ NPL winner= 32÷2=16 progress
Etc

Edit: No seeded pots, completely random draw.

belchardo
15-12-2014, 04:41 PM
remember when we thought we might win this? sorry, I said that wrong, remember when we thought we might win a match? wait, still not right, remember when we thought we'd actually give this a shot? think that's about right.

I'm really looking forward to the final. I think it will be quite a good match. I like the way Adelaide play and I'd be happy for them to win, and as much as I dislike perth, it would be good if they could get a bit of silverware to prop ol' Tony up too.

cobra23
16-12-2014, 12:59 PM
remember when we thought we might win this? sorry, I said that wrong, remember when we thought we might win a match? wait, still not right, remember when we thought we'd actually give this a shot? think that's about right.

I'm really looking forward to the final. I think it will be quite a good match. I like the way Adelaide play and I'd be happy for them to win, and as much as I dislike perth, it would be good if they could get a bit of silverware to prop ol' Tony up too.

I hope perth win, i love the ZADS

furns
16-12-2014, 08:39 PM
Game underway

hawk
16-12-2014, 08:41 PM
Game underway

cheers

MFKS
16-12-2014, 09:03 PM
Hopefully this goes to pens to tire Pissants out a bit. That way we might still be able to go with them for the first 25 mins on Friday night fitness wise

belchardo
16-12-2014, 09:18 PM
Great shot mabil.

Jeterpool
16-12-2014, 09:18 PM
Hopefully this goes to pens to tire Pissants out a bit. That way we might still be able to go with them for the first 25 mins on Friday night fitness wise

My thoughts too. Pens are a good outcome for us.

If Mabil is going to trial at Ajax I'm going to trial at freaking Madrid. Bloke couldn't hit water off the side of a boat

Couscous
16-12-2014, 09:31 PM
Which team do youse want to win this? Glory, just because of Zadkovich?

MFKS
16-12-2014, 09:34 PM

Perth.

Just so the Pissants can be reminded they have never won **** all

belchardo
16-12-2014, 09:49 PM
Greatest interview ever. Still can't work out what gombau said.

leftrightout
16-12-2014, 09:49 PM

I don't like either... especially perth with Vukovic the gypo!
Although lately i am hating Rostyn Griffiths much more, that guy has to be one of the biggest cocks getting around!

WolfMan
16-12-2014, 09:51 PM
Greatest interview ever. Still can't work out what gombau said.

I heard Gracias lol

Jeterpool
16-12-2014, 09:57 PM
I'm shit scared about how adelaide are going to make us look like ass-hats this Friday night.

Grimario
16-12-2014, 10:29 PM
*witches hats

Jetmaster
16-12-2014, 10:42 PM
Tradition of receiving the cup in the stands spoilt by using an MC and having a captains speech.....just give them the cup ffs..

ToddG NBUnited
16-12-2014, 11:09 PM
First ever Father / Son national league cup winners belong to the Novocastrians Michael (1984 Newcastle Rosebud United) and Nigel Boogaard (2014 Adelaide United).

furns
19-02-2015, 06:41 PM
Lock and switch
http://www.newcastlefootball.net/forum/showthread.php?1366-2015-FFA-Cup-thread