PDA

View Full Version : Ucl 2013-2014

GazFish35
30-08-2013, 11:25 AM
Confident Arsenal will get knocked out of Europe this year a semi final............... of the Europa League.
good to see Spurs got a decent draw.... oh wait....

Group A
Man. United(ENG)
Shakhtar Donetsk(UKR)
Leverkusen(GER)
Real Sociedad(ESP)

Group B
Real Madrid(ESP)
Juventus(ITA)
Galatasaray(TUR)
København(DEN)

Group C
Benfica(POR)
PSG(FRA)
Olympiacos(GRE)
Anderlecht(BEL)

Group D
Bayern(GER)
CSKA Moskva(RUS)
Man. City(ENG)
Plzeň(CZE)

Group E
Chelsea(ENG)
Schalke(GER)
Basel(SUI)
Steaua(ROU)

Group F
Arsenal(ENG)
Marseille(FRA)
Dortmund(GER)
Napoli(ITA)

Group G
Porto(POR)
Atlético(ESP)
Zenit(RUS)
Austria Wien(AUT)

Group H
Barcelona(ESP)
Milan(ITA)
Ajax(NED)
Celtic(SCO)

q-money
30-08-2013, 11:36 AM
arsenal's draw :rof:

celtic with the pick of the away ties phhhhhhwoar

Jeterpool
30-08-2013, 11:37 AM
Group H - Group of hell

pv4
30-08-2013, 11:53 AM
Apparently this was Neil Lennon's reaction to Celtic's draw :rof:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BS2Z9_pCAAAu6Rg.jpg

q-money
30-08-2013, 11:55 AM
:rof:

joel31
03-10-2013, 11:14 AM
Bayerns performance this morning = amazing

russjaybee
03-10-2013, 11:27 AM
Confident Arsenal will get knocked out of Europe this year a semi final............... of the Europa League.

Wondering if expectations have changed?

Arsenal Dortmund games will be interesting.

Bon
03-10-2013, 11:31 AM
Bayerns performance this morning = amazing

Oooooooh yeah!!!!

la bazzle
03-10-2013, 11:30 PM
Was brilliant viewing. The first half, despite lack of goals, was an absolute masterclass. I didnt even mind the last ten minutes, made it exciting.

joel31
04-10-2013, 07:07 AM
Was brilliant viewing. The first half, despite lack of goals, was an absolute masterclass. I didnt even mind the last ten minutes, made it exciting.
As a Bayern fan I didn't like the last 10 mins. I didn't want us to ruin such a marvellous performance

goaliepersempre
27-11-2013, 09:27 AM
What a night :) sleep time now but.
Basel with the double on Chelsea...... Yew and arsenal and Dortmund wins...

goaliepersempre
27-11-2013, 09:28 AM
Oh and that side from Catalunya side that foster faps about lost.....

GazFish35
27-11-2013, 12:00 PM
Arsenal still arent through.
have to not lose 3-0 in naples.

interetsing group in that 1 team is now dead, and the orther three can all still top it, finish second, or not get through.

joel31
27-11-2013, 03:31 PM
if Marseille were in any other group they would at least have some points

goaliepersempre
27-11-2013, 08:06 PM
Arsenal still arent through.
have to not lose 3-0 in naples.

interetsing group in that 1 team is now dead, and the orther three can all still top it, finish second, or not get through.

I know.... :/ but still what an amazing Group.

joel31
28-11-2013, 07:41 AM
Bayern broke the UCL record of most wins in a row with 10 :)

joel31
28-11-2013, 08:10 AM
when highlights come out watch Shakhtars 3rd goal

Rocknerd
28-11-2013, 10:17 AM
United 5-0 in Germany, I don't tink I've ever seen nor heard of it before.

Only caught the first half but quality goal from Valencia and OG was pretty unfortunate, but Rooney for the assist!

Safely into the 16.

la bazzle
29-11-2013, 03:25 PM
Götze getting back into form post injury, peps brought him back in perfectly. Great addition to this brilliant bayern side

Jeterpool
11-12-2013, 09:29 AM
Olympiacos and Anderlecht seemed like an interesting game. Anderlecht finishing the game with 8 men on the pitch. Is Paul Ince advising them on discipline too?

goaliepersempre
12-12-2013, 09:11 AM
Wow just wow

Jeterpool
12-12-2013, 09:42 AM
What happened? Missed it this morning

joel31
12-12-2013, 09:55 AM
What happened? Missed it this morning
In Arsenal's group
In the 87th min
Napoli 1 Arsenal 0
Marsielle 1 Dortmund 1
Meaning Napoli and Arsenal would go through,
then Dortmund scored in the 87th meaning Napoli need to score 2 more
then in the 93rd Napoli scored a second but didn't have time to score a winner
this meant they missed out on goal difference (they had equal head to head with Arsenal and worse than Dortmund) with Dortmund going through first and Arsenal second

Premy
12-12-2013, 10:28 AM
with Dortmund going through first and Napoli second
WOW now I'm confused I thought Arsenal came 2nd on goal difference
Dortmund +5
Arsenal +3
Napoli +1

q-money
12-12-2013, 10:48 AM
napoli were damned if they did, damned if they didn't really - agree with foz on this morning's telecast - do they push hard in the first half and ship goals on the break, or hang back and wait for the time to strike? too late though

also last time napoli made it through they had cavani and lavezzi, even GVE could make it through with those two

higuain's goal was an absolute peach though, phwoar

halo se7en
19-02-2014, 07:01 AM
15mins in. City 0-0 Barca. I reckon Barca have had 95% possession and not one shot on goal. Impressive or boring as ****? Jury is still out.

joel31
19-02-2014, 08:49 AM
Barca 2-0 city not coming back in 2nd leg

BodyNovo
19-02-2014, 08:55 AM
citeh are never going to win in europe unless they get some decent defenders

demichelis, zabaleta, and kolarov are farkin nobodies

kompany basically is the only one in the premier league who keeps them away from trouble, the second they lose him they struggle.

if i was them i would be investing in one decent centre half, matt hummells or papadopoulos.

PS Zlatan at it again :blush::wub:

lquiquer
19-02-2014, 09:07 AM
PS Zlatan at it again :blush::wub:

parksey
19-02-2014, 11:21 AM
Zabaleta is class

goaliepersempre
12-03-2014, 09:42 AM
Congrats to Munich.. Def a bloody good chance to go back to back.....

Milan out to...

Premy
13-03-2014, 08:26 AM
Anyone watching the game? City hard done by and unlucky a bit, I don't think I've seen a more clear cut penalty

De-Champ
13-03-2014, 12:57 PM
Anyone watching the game? City hard done by and unlucky a bit, I don't think I've seen a more clear cut penalty

Are you joking??? Barca had a legitimate goal disallowed, a penalty of their own not given which was a penalty, and hit the post, not to mention all the other chances they had. How could you say Man city were hard done by....even their goal was offside.

Bon
13-03-2014, 01:05 PM
I was actually quite pleased to see the bloke get sent off (with his second yellow) for simulation in the PSG vs Leverkusen game..
That sort of diving needs to be stamped out..

Premy
13-03-2014, 01:37 PM
Are you joking??? Barca had a legitimate goal disallowed, a penalty of their own not given which was a penalty, and hit the post, not to mention all the other chances they had. How could you say Man city were hard done by....even their goal was offside.

Admittedly I only seen the 2nd half. Their goal was not offside at all you must be a Barca supporter? I watch as a neutral no way was he offside. You might need to refresh your memory on the offside rule.

De-Champ
13-03-2014, 02:34 PM
Admittedly I only seen the 2nd half. Their goal was not offside at all you must be a Barca supporter? I watch as a neutral no way was he offside. You might need to refresh your memory on the offside rule.

I am not a barca supporter, I am a neutral. The scorer was not offside, but his team mate was you could say interfering with play as he was in front of the keeper. 9 times out of ten in that position the ref would give the decision as offside.

parksey
13-03-2014, 03:32 PM
yeah that was dodgy as

Premy
02-04-2014, 07:07 AM
That was a decent header from Vidic.
Anyone watching the Leti V Barca game? Precursor to how the title race might go.

hawk
02-04-2014, 08:38 AM
manu v bayern

Possession 26% 74%
Shots 6 16
On target 4 3
Corners 3 6

rofl

joel31
02-04-2014, 02:23 PM
That was a decent header from Vidic.
Anyone watching the Leti V Barca game? Precursor to how the title race might go.
it was poor marking
Diego's goal was insane

Premy
02-04-2014, 02:42 PM
it was poor marking
His still done well to get power and direction on the header from behind him, poor marking or not it was well taken.

De-Champ
02-04-2014, 04:16 PM
Schweintstigers (spelling?) goal was better

Premy
02-04-2014, 04:21 PM
Schweintstigers (spelling?) goal was betterAgreed

lquiquer
02-04-2014, 09:15 PM
The time has come vandy......Ici C'est Paris

lquiquer
02-04-2014, 09:30 PM
Hey vandy

lquiquer
08-04-2014, 10:08 PM
#RêvonsPlusGrand

la bazzle
09-04-2014, 04:24 PM
well then, interesting morning. Dortmund came close and probably should have got 3. Chelsea did well to keep PSG scoreless

parksey
09-04-2014, 06:31 PM
can't wait to knock bayern off their perch

lquiquer
09-04-2014, 09:00 PM
well then, interesting morning. Dortmund came close and probably should have got 3. Chelsea did well to keep PSG scoreless

We missed Ibra big time.... And The Special One was at its best

lquiquer
09-04-2014, 09:05 PM
In Sky Sport Italy: when asked about 2 substitutes scoring 2 goals; Jose's answer was : Du Cul (luck)!!!!

joel31
10-04-2014, 06:41 AM
can't wait to knock bayern off their perch
sup parksey

Bon
10-04-2014, 08:25 AM
sup parksey

:lol:

parksey
10-04-2014, 09:45 AM
nm u

la bazzle
10-04-2014, 09:36 PM
Lol parks dawg

Mahk
13-04-2014, 03:15 PM
Viva Atletico! The only undefeated team left in UCL

Jeterpool
23-04-2014, 01:05 PM
http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/74384000/jpg/_74384986_jt.jpg

No wonder he got injured

parksey
30-04-2014, 05:40 AM
Real taking the piss. Knew I should have chucked a sneaky bet on them.

Bayern are definitely showing themselves to be a Pep Guardiola side: absolutely classless carry on so far. Embarrassing stuff, I never took this team to be such a pack of little bitches.

joel31
30-04-2014, 05:42 AM
its a disgrace of a performance

hawk
30-04-2014, 08:56 AM
Werent some bum munchun fans knocking liverpool supporters? karma

Bon
30-04-2014, 09:00 AM
Werent some bum munchun fans knocking liverpool supporters? karma

I am a fan of both.. And feeling the pain..

snake
30-04-2014, 10:38 AM
birraz > munchen's keeper

didn'tnae even dive for cronaldo's free kick ffs

worse than bk :oops:

hawk
30-04-2014, 03:57 PM
I am a fan of both.. And feeling the pain..

Ouch

la bazzle
30-04-2014, 06:02 PM
Slept in thank goodness. Won't even watch the highlights. After recent results its hardly surprising. Sounds like we got what we deserved quite frankly!

hawk
30-04-2014, 08:01 PM
Slept in thank goodness. Won't even watch the highlights. After recent results its hardly surprising. Sounds like we got what we deserved quite frankly!
1. If your gonna lose make it by 5
2. you still get a cup or 2 this year. id be ok with that

la bazzle
30-04-2014, 10:37 PM
To make the semis is nothing to sneeze at! More disappointing that we looked unstoppable but there's been a steady decline throughout the season. Pokal is massive now

plague
01-05-2014, 10:32 PM
Hi Guys;
Just letting you know I've got a (hardly worn) Man City and a (as new) Dortmund shirt for sale.
Size M.
Will take offers.

FWIW, massive Athletico fan, dream come true this morning. This makes all the lean years worth it.

lquiquer
01-05-2014, 10:59 PM
Hi Guys;
Just letting you know I've got a (hardly worn) Man City and a (as new) Dortmund shirt for sale.
Size M.
Will take offers.

FWIW, massive Athletico fan, dream come true this morning. This makes all the lean years worth it.

Ok how much for your Los Colchoneros jersey?

plague
01-05-2014, 11:24 PM
Ok how much for your Los Colchoneros jersey?
I'll let you know when it shows up on the credit card statement.
(Exchange rates and all that).

Vamos!!!!!!

parksey
01-05-2014, 11:43 PM
i actually have followed atleti ever since the torres days and it's great to see them at the top table once again. over the last few seasons they've really built themselves up to be a formidable side. about 3-4 years ago they'd do reasonably well on the back of players like aguero, forlan, diego etc. now they are a legit unit with few weak spots.

i'm torn about the final as i've never really had a hatred of real madrid and i would love to see ronaldo win it again.

GazFish35
01-05-2014, 11:50 PM
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=305227102979379

pv4
02-05-2014, 07:12 AM
Hi Guys;
Size M.
Will take offers.

Hi m8

I would like to enquire about the Man City shirt.

Is it cool if you put it on hold for me until the 13th of May? Will know if I want to buy it or not after the last EPL fixture.

Cheers
Foreverafan

pv4
02-05-2014, 07:28 AM
i actually have followed atleti ever since the torres days and it's great to see them at the top table once again. over the last few seasons they've really built themselves up to be a formidable side. about 3-4 years ago they'd do reasonably well on the back of players like aguero, forlan, diego etc. now they are a legit unit with few weak spots.

i'm torn about the final as i've never really had a hatred of real madrid and i would love to see ronaldo win it again.

Fair play

What interests me in this whole thing, and should most definately be raising some serious Ancelotti-style-eyebrows, is the last two UCL finals haven't featured an English team. England should be in a massive panic about this.

TBH I really dislike Spanish football. I rarely watch it, and can barely sit through an entire match of it (and I can never pinpoint it down to one issue). The only team I have an even remote interest in is Bilbao, solely because of the Basquetbol philosophy they have as I admire they attempt to do something like that.

EDIT: forgot to add, probably the thing I find most interesting about Atletico Madrid is their nickname translates to "The Mattress Makers" :rof:

Bremsstrahlung
02-05-2014, 01:28 PM
TBH I really dislike Spanish football. I rarely watch it, and can barely sit through an entire match of it (and I can never pinpoint it down to one issue).

Agree.
I see "La Liga" on Fox and i can't bring myself to watch it. Should put some Bundesliga on Fox occasionally. Good attacking football.
I was listening to a podcast, and somebody brought up C Ronaldo and why he is so widely disliked, which kind of echoes my thoughts. He's just not charismatic at all. Like, he's a "Great" (:lulz:) footballer, skilful, pacey, has a good shot on him, donates time and money to charity. But, there's something about him that just erks me. I can't figure out whether it's his arrogance or what, but I just don't really like him. (i'm sure he has many sleepless nights wondering why people dislike him...).

Bon
02-05-2014, 01:33 PM
Agree.
I see "La Liga" on Fox and i can't bring myself to watch it. Should put some Bundesliga on Fox occasionally. Good attacking football.
I was listening to a podcast, and somebody brought up C Ronaldo and why he is so widely disliked, which kind of echoes my thoughts. He's just not charismatic at all. Like, he's a "Great" (:lulz:) footballer, skilful, pacey, has a good shot on him, donates time and money to charity. But, there's something about him that just erks me. I can't figure out whether it's his arrogance or what, but I just don't really like him. (i'm sure he has many sleepless nights wondering why people dislike him...).

Yeah I agree with you..
I hear of all the alleged good things he does, but there is just something about him.. Particularly when he scores and pushes his teammates away, gives the old "yep, it was me", "look what I did" sort of moves..
But yeah, I am sure he has sleepless nights, but that would mainly be because of how insanely hot his mrs Irina Shayk is.. (If I had a woman like that, I wouldn't be getting any sleep and would think I was pretty amazing too.. hahaha - I would post pictures, but don't have the guts to do it from my work comp)

plague
02-05-2014, 01:36 PM
somebody brought up C Ronaldo and why he is so widely disliked

Wot?

Bloke is one of the most popular footballers in the world. Usually its jealous ex-players as pundits who dont like him. Id say the general public think hes quite a bit good. Sounds like you're one of those blokes who hates Nickleback yet owns at least 2 of their albums.

Zlatan and Ronaldo say pretty much the same stuff, Zlatan is seen as funny, Ronaldo as arrogant.

plague
02-05-2014, 01:38 PM
Particularly when he scores and pushes his teammates away, gives the old "yep, it was me", "look what I did" sort of moves..

like Tim 'Super good bloke caaarrrnnn Aussie' Cahill does?

Bon
02-05-2014, 01:43 PM
like Tim 'Super good bloke caaarrrnnn Aussie' Cahill does?

I guess.. You could be there for a million years naming players that do it..
I was just agreeing that there is something extremeley arrogant, conceited, and petulant about the bloke..
In reality, I think I'm just jealous.. haha

plague
02-05-2014, 01:53 PM
there is something extremeley arrogant, conceited, and petulant about the bloke..

These are the things we should love about him (and everyone else on that level).
I want to see people who are at the very top of their professions have no shame in saying they think they are good, at least they are being honest.
99% of the worlds footballing population could be good enough to make the top level but we choose not to do the work required.

Bon
02-05-2014, 02:02 PM
These are the things we should love about him (and everyone else on that level).
I want to see people who are at the very top of their professions have no shame in saying they think they are good, at least they are being honest.
99% of the worlds footballing population could be good enough to make the top level but we choose not to do the work required.

I understand what you mean, but to me those sorts of attributes are everything that are wrong with the world (but thats just me)..
You can still be great without such overwhelming narcissism and arrogance..
I'm trying to think of a time where Messi has acted in such a way?

Anyway, this is the UCL thread, and hes not in it anymore.. hahaha

parksey
02-05-2014, 02:20 PM
Agree.

Wot?

Bloke is one of the most popular footballers in the world. Usually its jealous ex-players as pundits who dont like him. Id say the general public think hes quite a bit good. Sounds like you're one of those blokes who hates Nickleback yet owns at least 2 of their albums.

Zlatan and Ronaldo say pretty much the same stuff, Zlatan is seen as funny, Ronaldo as arrogant.

It's because Ronaldo used to play for Man Utd and now he plays for Real Madrid. Probably the two most hated clubs on the planet. He also used to dive a lot as a kid and he's never really lived that down in many quarters.

I can totally understand the hate. He can be petulant and arrogant on the field and clearly plays for himself rather than the team at times. On the other hand there is way more to admire about the player and the man himself. He is genuinely at the peak of sport and that's because he has worked incredibly hard to get there. No one in world football works as hard as this guy does and he is reaping the rewards of that. Off the field he's supposed to be a really popular guy in the dressing room and he always presents himself impeccably in interviews and the like.

Then you have Messi who is universally loved because he plays for Barca and has a reputation for being "humble". Because of this, people tend to overlook his bad sportsmanship and petulance - which is rampant throughout that Barca side.

The thing I find hard to take is when you have pundits and journalists who spew the same shit you'd hear from your average fan down the street when it comes to these two. I think a lot of people have been brainwashed into thinking a certain way about Ronaldo and Messi respectively.

For me, they're two different players but I'd take Ronaldo any day of the week. We are lucky to live in a time where we can see both of these guys play because one day they'll go down as all time greats.

militiamon
02-05-2014, 02:23 PM
The you have Messi who is universally loved because he plays for Barca and has a reputation for being "humble". Because of this, people tend to overlook his bad sportsmanship and petulance - which is rampart throughout that Barca side.

hehehe :o

parksey
02-05-2014, 02:25 PM
hehehe :o

:oops:

pv4
02-05-2014, 02:25 PM
It's because Ronaldo used to play for Man Utd and now he plays for Real Madrid. Probably the two most hated clubs on the planet. He also used to dive a lot as a kid and he's never really lived that down in many quarters.

I can totally understand the hate. He can be petulant and arrogant on the field and clearly plays for himself rather than the team at times. On the other hand there is way more to admire about the player and the man himself. He is genuinely at the peak of sport and that's because he has worked incredibly hard to get there. No one in world football works as hard as this guy does and he is reaping the rewards for that. Off the field he's supposed to be a really popular guy in the dressing room and he always presents himself impeccably in interviews and the like.

The you have Messi who is universally loved because he plays for Barca and has a reputation for being "humble". Because of this, people tend to overlook his bad sportsmanship and petulance - which is rampant throughout that Barca side.

The thing I find hard to take is when you have pundits and journalists who spew the same shit you'd hear from your average fan down the street when it comes to these two. I think a lot of people have been brainwashed into thinking a certain way about Ronaldo and Messi respectively.

For me, they're two different players but I'd take Ronaldo any day of the week. We are lucky to live in a time where we can see both of these guys play because one day they'll go down as all time greats.

Well said porksey. Great post

plague
02-05-2014, 03:32 PM
Well said porksey. Great post

Yeah, agree.
Think Real will win it.

parksey
02-05-2014, 10:25 PM
Just checked the stats and Ronaldo is already Real's 4th top scorer of all time.

hawk
03-05-2014, 09:08 PM

this surprises me. carrrrrn Atletico

He also used to dive a lot as a kid and he's never really lived that down in many quarters.

I can totally understand the hate. He can be petulant and arrogant on the field and clearly plays for himself rather than the team at times. On the other hand there is way more to admire about the player and the man himself. He is genuinely at the peak of sport and that's because he has worked incredibly hard to get there. No one in world football works as hard as this guy does and he is reaping the rewards of that. Off the field he's supposed to be a really popular guy in the dressing room and he always presents himself impeccably in interviews and the like.

Then you have Messi who is universally loved because he plays for Barca and has a reputation for being "humble". Because of this, people tend to overlook his bad sportsmanship and petulance - which is rampant throughout that Barca side.

messi has always had better feet in specially amongst several defenders, vision and his work in the box is superior. Ronny has step overs, pace and can smash a ball harder. The popular fan and the pundits have often got it right. Maybe ignorance is were ronny lovers differ. On a personal note im guessing Messi probably has his arrogance at times but Ronny self love is sickening.

parksey
04-05-2014, 01:00 AM
having better close control does not make one a better footballer than the other.

messi might be able to play a few one-twos in an around the box better than ronaldo can, but he sure as shit can't fly onto a cross the same way ronaldo can.

they're different players.

furns
04-05-2014, 03:11 AM
Messi is a team player, Ronny is always out for number 1.
Either way, I have always hated CR. And always will. Because he is a pretty-boy prima donna.

Both have strengths and weaknesses obvs but I have always preferred Messi in the "who is better" argument

plague
04-05-2014, 05:22 AM
Either way, I have always hated CR. And always will. Because he is a pretty-boy prima donna.

Both have strengths and weaknesses obvs but I have always preferred Messi in the "who is better" argument

Except that Iniesta is a better all round player than both of them (IMHO).

parksey
04-05-2014, 02:22 PM

and here-in lies the problem

pv4
06-05-2014, 11:04 AM
Hi Guys;
Size M.
Will take offers.

Hi m8

I would like to enquire about the Man City shirt.

Is it cool if you put it on hold for me until the 13th of May? Will know if I want to buy it or not after the last EPL fixture.

Cheers
Foreverafan

Hi m8

After this mornings result it's looking pretty certain that I'll be keen to buy that City jersey off you. I'll let you know.

Cheers
Foreverafan

plague
06-05-2014, 12:36 PM
Hi m8

After this mornings result it's looking pretty certain that I'll be keen to buy that City jersey off you. I'll let you know.

Cheers
Foreverafan

Silly me, I just forgot how much of a massive Citeh fan I am. Selling this shirt would be like giving up a child.
I can't do it.

Premy
07-05-2014, 10:27 AM
http://m.foxsports.com.au/football/premier-league/manchester-city-fined-50-million-have-squad-capped-for-breaching-financial-fair-play-rules/story-e6frf4a3-1226907968184

PSG and City FFP fines and suspensions, nothing confirmed until Friday but the article is a nice read.

pv4
12-05-2014, 07:27 AM
Silly me, I just forgot how much of a massive Citeh fan I am. Selling this shirt would be like giving up a child.
I can't do it.

Plz I NEED this jersey. City 4eva!!

plague
12-05-2014, 11:15 AM
Plz I NEED this jersey. City 4eva!!

Sorry pal.
True Citeh fans like me would never sell our colours.

GazFish35
12-05-2014, 01:11 PM
except to heart.

you guys have paid millions to have them wear your colours

plague
12-05-2014, 02:08 PM
except to heart.

you guys have paid millions to have them wear your colours

Bhah, blue, red, what's the difference?

/cardiff'd