PDA

View Full Version : 2013-14 State League player movements

wannabe
16-09-2013, 10:06 PM
Edgy-gains cameron hughes,daniel bird,peter macpherson
losses mark wilson,damien zane,joel wood
magic-matt paul
losses matt comerford,brady parker
jaffas-gains dennis fajkovic,dino fajkovic,luke remington,matt comerford,brady parker,brae smith
losses rob ambroghetti,jobe wheelhouse
olympic-gains simon mooney,james monie
losses davehodgson,harry maguire
southy-gains
losses dennis fajkovic,dino fajkovic,nic russell,phil bures
weston-gains phil bures
losses chris cousins
lakes-gains
losses simon mooney,peter macpherson,danny burt,sean mathews,damien brown,brae smith,dylan murphy
charlestown-gains
losses daniel bird,mitch harper,cameron hughes
adamstown-gains
losses scott thomas,harry james,matt paul

pv4
16-09-2013, 10:08 PM
Where is jobe going?

ForeverRed
16-09-2013, 10:12 PM
Edgy-gains cameron hughes,daniel bird,peter macpherson
losses mark wilson,damien zane,joel wood
magic-matt paul
losses matt comerford,brady parker
jaffas-gains dennis fajkovic,dino fajkovic,luke remington,matt comerford,brady parker,brae smith
losses rob ambroghetti,jobe wheelhouse
olympic-gains simon mooney,james monie
losses davehodgson,harry maguire
southy-gains
losses dennis fajkovic,dino fajkovic,nic russell,phil bures
weston-gains phil bures
losses chris cousins
lakes-gains
losses simon mooney,peter macpherson,danny burt,sean mathews,damien brown,brae smith,dylan murphy
charlestown-gains
losses daniel bird,mitch harper,cameron hughes
adamstown-gains
losses scott thomas,harry james,matt paul

not even close

wannabe
16-09-2013, 10:18 PM
Where is jobe going?

Rumoured to Asia

pv4
16-09-2013, 10:31 PM
not even close

I don't think you can just say that without following it up with at least a bit of basis

Thomas477
16-09-2013, 11:19 PM
And before The Magician or anyone else jumps in to ask how the Jaffas will have the space, I doubt they will fit all of them without losing a few players, given Remington HAS signed, taking their total to 230/250 points.

seldom
16-09-2013, 11:21 PM
Where is jobe going?

Where is nic russell going ?

wannabe
16-09-2013, 11:32 PM
Where is nic russell going ?

Was told he has done his knee by a mate who was playing with him the other night. Cruciate I was told, forever red may know more

furns
16-09-2013, 11:37 PM
wait - season has just finished and you know who is confirmed out and in already? I call bollocks.
If this is a rumour thread - post it as such.

ForeverRed
17-09-2013, 06:24 AM
Can only speak for the gunners, both Russell and Bures have resigned, yes nick has injured his knee, only players lost are fajkovics due to unrealistic $$$$$$ from others,

wannabe
17-09-2013, 06:49 AM
wait - season has just finished and you know who is confirmed out and in already? I call bollocks.
If this is a rumour thread - post it as such.

Yeah sorry furns they are rumours and talk I have heard from players but I don't know how to change thread

outsider
17-09-2013, 07:47 AM
Can only speak for the gunners, both Russell and Bures have resigned, yes nick has injured his knee, only players lost are fajkovics due to unrealistic $$$$$$ from others,

resigned or re signed

boz-monaut
17-09-2013, 08:37 AM
what does NBC stand for?

cobra23
17-09-2013, 09:53 AM
what does NBC stand for?

NO Broadcasting commitments.

though they did redeem themselves a bit by broadcasting the grandfinal

Zico
17-09-2013, 11:09 AM
what does NBC stand for?
Or it could be No Bloody Clue as it's all speculation at this stage.

ForeverRed
23-09-2013, 05:30 PM
Mitchell Wallace from Azzurri to South Cardiff

prawnhead
23-09-2013, 07:36 PM
Mitchell Wallace from Azzurri to South Cardiff

Massive signing for The Gunners.

immersion
24-09-2013, 04:37 PM
Massive signing for The Gunners.

Excuse the PUN lol

pv4
22-10-2013, 09:36 PM
Saw Piggo doing a bit of scouting @ Soccer5s last night

Imyourhero
31-10-2013, 08:27 PM
Abe Wheelhouse to Maitland.

chocolate soldier
14-11-2013, 12:44 PM
seems lambton would have had to sign a few new sponsors to cover their new signings ;)

wannabe
14-11-2013, 01:14 PM
Dont think they need sponsors,but will need some creative arithmetic to fit everyone under 250 points.
Ireland 10
Smart 10
Pero. 10
Wilkes 10
Sessions 12
Jobe 14
Macca 24
Palozi 18
Remington 18
Dino 18
Maj 16
Dennis faj 20

That's 180 points,so leaves 70 points for last 8 players. It could be a squeeze

cobra23
14-11-2013, 01:25 PM
Dont think they need sponsors,but will need some creative arithmetic to fit everyone under 250 points.
Ireland 10
Smart 10
Pero. 10
Wilkes 10
Sessions 12
Jobe 14
Macca 24
Palozi 18
Remington 18
Dino 18
Maj 16
Dennis faj 20

how is maj only 16 he went there last year, dont you need to add points for not being there for at least 5 seasons.
as well as pero

wannabe
14-11-2013, 01:50 PM
how is maj only 16 he went there last year, dont you need to add points for not being there for at least 5 seasons.
as well as pero

No cobra,it is only if you change clubs. So maj is already a jaffas player so that is 10 points plus an extra 6 points for being 31 (6 years over the 25 yr old limit). Pero already at jaffas so only worth 10

EH9
14-11-2013, 02:26 PM
Ireland 10
Smart 10
Pero. 10
Wilkes 10
Sessions 12
Jobe 14
Macca 24
Palozi 18
Remington 18
Dino 18
Maj 16
Dennis faj 20

Kev Davidson - 18

chocolate soldier
14-11-2013, 03:28 PM
So thats 52 points for 7 players.... do you have to fill the player alotment or can they spend more on players and be under, praying for no injuries to get through the year??

ForeverRed
14-11-2013, 04:21 PM
must nominate all 20 players one month out from the start of season

chocolate soldier
14-11-2013, 04:49 PM
So they are in a bit of bother then...

Thomas477
14-11-2013, 07:54 PM
Jeez I love the talk of Lambton being in bother, when both Edgy and Lakes were closer to the 350pt mark than the 250pt limit.

Seems Lambton's hit a nerve.

seldom
15-11-2013, 12:34 AM
Lakes should be sweet...only got 10 players:tongue:

Thomas477
15-11-2013, 08:29 AM

:roflz:

freddie
15-11-2013, 12:05 PM
Hey guys,

I heard Simon Mooney is injured for the whole season already poor bugger. And he has gone to Olympic. I wonder who Olympic will be replacing him with? They need some attacking power after Hodgo retiring. Mooney would have been perfect.

Anyone got any news?

Local Rules
15-11-2013, 01:36 PM

Yeah but from what I saw of their game against Charlestown last seasonthey were all their youth players.

wannabe
15-11-2013, 09:23 PM
Hey guys,

I heard Simon Mooney is injured for the whole season already poor bugger. And he has gone to Olympic. I wonder who Olympic will be replacing him with? They need some attacking power after Hodgo retiring. Mooney would have been perfect.

Anyone got any news?

Have signed James monie and hodgo is back for one last season from what I hear

freddie
15-11-2013, 11:10 PM
Have signed James monie and hodgo is back for one last season from what I hear

Well that kind of makes up the loss. Though poor mooney being injured before even a pre-season run, that is terrible. I hope for a fast recovery for him.

ForeverRed
19-11-2013, 01:06 PM
suprised that if a club signs a player from a lower division, say ID2, and is named in your clubs top 20, that player also has 8 points added for being a switching player, I can understand it being for players switching between NBN clubs but some leniency should be shown towards lower division players who maybe trying to improve their football or suddenly have the time to dedicate to the top grade, i can see a few grey areas will pop up with the player points system that NNSWF will probably have know answer for.

Thomas477
19-11-2013, 01:21 PM
Agree with you FR (god help me). Maybe if they haven't played in the NBN league before, they don't have to to attract the switching player penalty, whereas if someone like, Abe goes to Maitland, then returns to a NBN team (assuming Maitland don't get promoted) they should attract the penalty.

pv4
19-11-2013, 07:30 PM
Agreed, but also understand it. There are some QUALITY guys playing even as "low" as id2. I guess regardless of where they came from, they're a bring-in

If they've played at the club before, or are a local, will that atteact less points?

Zico
20-11-2013, 09:23 AM
It's a can of worms this points system and clubs will struggle with it.
My mate MFKS will still bat off over it and say its a great thing for the game but he would have a different view of the system if he was anything but a State League hater.

MFKS
20-11-2013, 11:36 AM
It's a can of worms this points system and clubs will struggle with it.
My mate MFKS will still bat off over it and say its a great thing for the game but he would have a different view of the system if he was anything but a State League hater.

Ohhh Zico.

Once again proving you have NFI. Seriously couldn't give two ****s about this system. All i see is people throwing up minor what would happen if scenarios.

Seriously how many NBN clubs are gonna be signing ID2 talent??? Not many if at all. FFS

FFS The system is in place deal with it. The first clubs who manage to work the system the best will see their clubs be successful and the clubs who don't play it well will drop down a few rungs

Zico
20-11-2013, 11:42 AM
Ohhh Zico.

Once again proving you have NFI. Seriously couldn't give two ****s about this system. All i see is people throwing up minor what would happen if scenarios.

Seriously how many NBN clubs are gonna be signing ID2 talent??? Not many if at all. FFS

FFS The system is in place deal with it. The first clubs who manage to work the system the best will see their clubs be successful and the clubs who don't play it well will drop down a few rungs
I love going fishing with the Member.
My first comment was a general comment and not regarding the players stepping up from ID's to NPL. I'm all for junior development and bringing the best through to the top level but i also feel there are better ways than this system to do this.

pv4
20-11-2013, 11:54 AM

You seriously have no clue. While the overall quality of the ID comps is not as good as NBN & NEWFM, there are so many players who are genuinely up to playing NBN 1sts or reserves that are currently playing in the IDs comps. The system just DOES NOT work how you see it does.

FWIW off the top of my head I can count 7 guys at Westlakes alone (I bring up Westlakes because its a club I know well. Also note this number probably will change in future) that have played at the least NBN reserve grade (and/or 23s) - and only one of them is over the age of 25 (edit: sorry, two), and all of which went to ID2s to play locally, with friends, and because they were over politics/etc in the top league. I have no interest in this becoming a slinging match involving Westlakes - I just wanted to use them as reference. If Westlakes alone can boast at least half a dozen "NBN-capable" players, what do you think the numbers would be for the rest of ID2s, and ID3s, and ID1s & ZPL?

The Baby Piglet
20-11-2013, 02:00 PM
I hadnt heard anything about hodgo coming out of retirement, but i did hear that they were trying to chase Connor Evens (who i believe was trialing with bonnyrigg), Bren Hammel and Bray Smith

LINGERA
20-11-2013, 04:30 PM
You seriously have no clue. While the overall quality of the ID comps is not as good as NBN & NEWFM, there are so many players who are genuinely up to playing NBN 1sts or reserves that are currently playing in the IDs comps. The system just DOES NOT work how you see it does.

FWIW off the top of my head I can count 7 guys at Westlakes alone (I bring up Westlakes because its a club I know well. Also note this number probably will change in future) that have played at the least NBN reserve grade (and/or 23s) - and only one of them is over the age of 25 (edit: sorry, two), and all of which went to ID2s to play locally, with friends, and because they were over politics/etc in the top league. I have no interest in this becoming a slinging match involving Westlakes - I just wanted to use them as reference. If Westlakes alone can boast at least half a dozen "NBN-capable" players, what do you think the numbers would be for the rest of ID2s, and ID3s, and ID1s & ZPL?

there isnt a single player from this past ID2s comp who is even close to playing 1st grade nbn, ZPL tops! You have accept the fact the the standard at west lakes is fairly low.

pv4
20-11-2013, 08:06 PM
there isnt a single player from this past ID2s comp who is even close to playing 1st grade nbn, ZPL tops! You have accept the fact the the standard at west lakes is fairly low.

Ffs I was using westlakes as an eg for a more broad concept and said not to make it a westlakes slinging match. Get over yourself. And fwiw I'd back a few of those 7 or so to make the top 20 of some nbn squads

goaliepersempre
20-11-2013, 08:22 PM
agreed with Pv4.. not just at westlakes but a few other teams. the individual capability is there. Very true of a whole area of players who no longer could fit in the Under 23s comp. and couldn't crack the first grade team due to a very good golden era so to speak.. (also politics also on top of the list and work commitments).

It will be interesting how this system works, but could help the quality long term if people didn't look so Snobbish from there Pedestal down on other leagues.. For NBN to grow and get better the entire system needs to improve. End of Story.

Interesting to see how this works from this side of the world.

true waterboy
20-11-2013, 08:27 PM

Admittedly I don't know much about NBN league, never have and never will play at anywhere near that level of football, however i have had the opportunity playing with ex NBN players in ID2. Just off the top of my head I could name a few players that I think could play at that level. there are also a number of juniors that have the potential if they wanted to seek the opportunity to progress, although I think they don't.

Hamilton for example have a few quality players that I believe would easily make the top 20 top NBN or Newfm (see the waterboy doesn't only post negative) and they finished 6/9 this year (i think). If anyone disagrees with that statement they have rocks in their head.

Thomas477
20-11-2013, 09:04 PM
I can see where The Honourable Member is coming from. A lot of those players in the Zone leagues are probably older blokes who just want to enjoy their football or young blokes that didn't make the cut in NBN. Either way, they probably won't be returning to play NBN any time soon.

I played with a bloke who played state league in Brisbane, while playing in HCCF Div 5, so they are out there.

pv4
20-11-2013, 10:07 PM
I can see where The Honourable Member is coming from. A lot of those players in the Zone leagues are probably older blokes who just want to enjoy their football or young blokes that didn't make the cut in NBN. Either way, they probably won't be returning to play NBN any time soon.

I played with a bloke who played state league in Brisbane, while playing in HCCF Div 5, so they are out there.

Like I was trying to say.. I just think MFKFC's views are overly naive and perhaps not right.

The most obvious example to argue against his views that most or all nbn clubs wouldn't touch an ids player is the fact that FR is saying he knows of plans for that exact scenario to happen.

MFKS
21-11-2013, 12:28 AM
Like I was trying to say.. I just think MFKFC's views are overly naive and perhaps not right.

The most obvious example to argue against his views that most or all nbn clubs wouldn't touch an ids player is the fact that FR is saying he knows of plans for that exact scenario to happen.

Whether the talent in the ID2's is there to play NBN as you claim is completely irrelevant.

Facts are NBN clubs may sign the occasional player from this level on very rare occasions. Reality is they shop elsewhere for talent.

Why you blokes are carrying on with the points system over minor/obscure/rare what if scenarios is baffling. Do you have the same carry on over whether to cross the street, taking the Bus, having a slice of day old bread etc etc

Reality is if clubs are signing a host of ID2 talent the committee/coaching department of the NBN club in question needs shooting for their failures at developing their own players/juniors or their inability to sign talent from elsewhere. If they think an ID2 player is what thy need at their club then they should pay the price for signing this bloke and not moan about it.

seldom
21-11-2013, 12:46 AM
Politics stopping ID players playing NBN...ffs...I've heard it all now

ForeverRed
21-11-2013, 06:26 AM

Correct

pv4
21-11-2013, 07:43 AM
Whether the talent in the ID2's is there to play NBN as you claim is completely irrelevant.

Facts are NBN clubs may sign the occasional player from this level on very rare occasions. Reality is they shop elsewhere for talent.

Why you blokes are carrying on with the points system over minor/obscure/rare what if scenarios is baffling. Do you have the same carry on over whether to cross the street, taking the Bus, having a slice of day old bread etc etc

Reality is if clubs are signing a host of ID2 talent the committee/coaching department of the NBN club in question needs shooting for their failures at developing their own players/juniors or their inability to sign talent from elsewhere. If they think an ID2 player is what thy need at their club then they should pay the price for signing this bloke and not moan about it.

What about Hamilton Olympic & CCB, who have teams in both NBN and ID2? What are your views on a "B-team" - is that considered developing their own players? (Note: I'm aware CCB in ID2 are setup more like Charlestown, whereas the NBN club are considered more Azzuri)

I reckon ID players should not incur extra points. It might give NBN/NEWFM clubs more incentive to actively scout players from these leagues (and there are some QUALITY players in these leagues, of varying ages), and might go some way to improving the leagues (and thus the system overall). It may also see every NBN/NEWFM team put in a B-Team into the IDs comps, and strengthen the comps further.

LINGERA
21-11-2013, 09:15 AM
Ffs I was using westlakes as an eg for a more broad concept and said not to make it a westlakes slinging match. Get over yourself. And fwiw I'd back a few of those 7 or so to make the top 20 of some nbn squads

gobsmacked

curious_fan
21-11-2013, 10:20 AM
If they think an ID2 player is what thy need at their club then they should pay the price for signing this bloke and not moan about it.

And this is the point of the penalty....... it is to gives the NBN clubs an incentive to develop and retain the higher grade players.

Where an external player is drawn from is not relevant, the fact the club has decided to go outside it own development system is what is being penalised, not the actual player or the grade he played previously.

MFKS
21-11-2013, 10:54 AM
And this is the point of the penalty....... it is to gives the NBN clubs an incentive to develop and retain the higher grade players.

Where an external player is drawn from is not relevant, the fact the club has decided to go outside it own development system is what is being penalised, not the actual player or the grade he played previously.

:sup:Hit the nail on the ****ing head and rammed it in.

The new system is to encourage clubs to develop their own players from kids right through the grades at a much better standard and frequency than is currently being done.

If an NBN club is failing to do this and feels the need to recruit the pile of would be superstars that roam the ID2's as PV4 claims to fill their ranks then they deserve to be getting arse raped on the points system

Moley
21-11-2013, 12:16 PM
I think the points system is a very poor idea with no real research into whether it will work or not.
It is about developing young players and encouraging them to stay at one club the faults with this are:

The 'bigger' clubs are more likely to attract better youth players leaving the 'smaller' clubs with the less talented players.

If a talented player stays at a smaller club a lower standard of players and coaches they will either not progress or leave which defeats the point of system.

It also will bring the standard of the NBN league down a level older players who still have a lot to offer will be penalised ie cost to many points and will not be signed.

If players over 25 from Sydney or even abroad move to Newcastle they are less likely to be signed by a club because they will cost to many points. This may stop people playing the game they love and striving to progress (bringing down the standard of the NBN again)

Also if a youth player in Newcastle is good enough they will be signed by the Jets or even Central cost any way it's not like a player for Magic are going to be picked for the national side.

pv4
21-11-2013, 12:31 PM
If players over 25 from Sydney or even abroad move to Newcastle they are less likely to be signed by a club because they will cost to many points. This may stop people playing the game they love and striving to progress (bringing down the standard of the NBN again)

But if he's over 25 he should just be giving up anyway as he has no future in the game and will only be a waste of space

#MFKFClogic

immersion
21-11-2013, 12:40 PM
But if he's over 25 he should just be giving up anyway as he has no future in the game and will only be a waste of space

#MFKFClogic

By far the post you have ever MMade.

MFKS
21-11-2013, 12:41 PM

#MFKFClogic

:blah::blah::blah:

Once again you are failing to see the reality of the situation. If the bloke is good enough the NBN club will sign him regardless of his age and not worry about the points just as clubs would do if blokes like Peter Haynes Johnny Maj etc were available to be signed.

The system will not be punishing the top players.

pv4
21-11-2013, 02:21 PM
If an NBN club is failing to do this and feels the need to recruit the pile of would be superstars that roam the ID2's as PV4 claims to fill their ranks then they deserve to be getting arse raped on the points system

I love how you & Lingera can read my post and feel like I'm trying to tell you guys that half the Westlakes squad deserves a run in NBN :rof:

Btw member plz respond to my question on your views of Olympic/CCB

immersion
21-11-2013, 03:23 PM

Once again you are failing to see the reality of the situation. If the bloke is good enough the NBN club will sign him regardless of his age and not worry about the points just as clubs would do if blokes like Peter Haynes Johnny Maj etc were available to be signed.

LOL. I hope you don't actually believe what you just said. Hopefully you were not able to comprehend your own thoughts and apply them to the keyboard?

Your saying that top quality players are worth less points than other players with the same player history? C'mon.

Thomas477
21-11-2013, 03:50 PM
So, anyone heard any more player movements?

Moley
21-11-2013, 04:09 PM

#MFKFClogic

So you are saying football is a game for players under 25? If a player who has been player a top player in Sydney and has to move Newcastle they should just give up??

pv4
21-11-2013, 04:40 PM
So you are saying football is a game for players under 25? If a player who has been player a top player in Sydney and has to move Newcastle they should just give up??

My post was sarcastic - a stab on how MFKFC sees the world.

I don't for one minute believe anything close to that. I've seen Mile Jedinak and Ivan Franjic picked from state league obscurity to now playing for the Socceroos - I don't think it's ever too late

JCBT
21-11-2013, 07:43 PM

You are a top grade ****wit with no idea about football at all.
This is solely a restriction of trade, why shouldn't a bloke who is 27, of NBN standard, a fantastic club man be encouraged to stay at his club to play on and help develop the younger players?
I'm the first to put my hand up and say that NNSWF and the FFA have moved forwards in leap and bounds over the past 5 years with coach education and other fantastic improvements but this I think is 10 steps backwards and in the end will be detrimental to the game in Australia.
Yes I am involved in coaching football and I can see the damage the FFA / NNSWF will do to the game. Continue to improve the game, educate coaches but be careful how far you go with pushing good football brains out of our game.

Thomas477
21-11-2013, 09:21 PM
There's nothing stopping the club men from hanging around and coaching, so that point is moot. All it's doing is stopping the more experienced players from playing NBN, not coaching.

LINGERA
22-11-2013, 09:19 AM
I love how you & Lingera can read my post and feel like I'm trying to tell you guys that half the Westlakes squad deserves a run in NBN :rof:

Btw member plz respond to my question on your views of Olympic/CCB

"a few or so" counts as 4 if you ask me, and still 4 too many.

NBN clubs like Olympic and CCB just care about rego fees tbh other than that it seems to be a stay out of our way type system.

cobra23
22-11-2013, 09:32 AM
You are a top grade ****wit with no idea about football at all.
This is solely a restriction of trade, why shouldn't a bloke who is 27, of NBN standard, a fantastic club man be encouraged to stay at his club to play on and help develop the younger players?
I'm the first to put my hand up and say that NNSWF and the FFA have moved forwards in leap and bounds over the past 5 years with coach education and other fantastic improvements but this I think is 10 steps backwards and in the end will be detrimental to the game in Australia.
Yes I am involved in coaching football and I can see the damage the FFA / NNSWF will do to the game. Continue to improve the game, educate coaches but be careful how far you go with pushing good football brains out of our game.

I might have missed something here, but from my understanding is that mfks is been hugely misread on this topic.
the bloke is trying to tell you guys that if the player is good enough to play state league then a club will fit him in the points system, no different from a peter haynes or a jon maj if they were to move clubs.
The 1 thing this system will do is eliminate the player movements that goes around each year and incourage stability to a team.
not the joe blogs who trys to move club to club chasing the so called dollars they think they should be earning. etc
and why cant the 27 year old club man stay on and play to he is 35 . if he is worth the points the club will keep him, there are plenty of teams out there that will field a couple of over 30 year olds this next seaon..

pv4
22-11-2013, 09:39 AM
"a few or so" counts as 4 if you ask me, and still 4 too many.

Sorry, what is the meaning of this comment and what is it referencing? I'm a little confused what the number 4 is referencing.

curious_fan
22-11-2013, 10:28 AM
This is solely a restriction of trade, why shouldn't a bloke who is 27, of NBN standard, a fantastic club man be encouraged to stay at his club to play on and help develop the younger players? ......... Yes I am involved in coaching football and I can see the damage the FFA / NNSWF will do to the game. Continue to improve the game, educate coaches but be careful how far you go with pushing good football brains out of our game.

This is where we have to, as the saying goes, have some minor "short term pain for long term gain". With regard to ag,e yes a player over 25 earns 1 penalty point for each year over 25 but he also has the opportunity to negate that by having been with the club for a period of years also. Peter Haynes as an example would earn penalty points for age but negates most of those because he has been at Magic for over 5 seasons.

He may still be worth greater than the standard ten points but then that is a decision for the coaches to weigh up benefits to penalties. It is only a player over 25 who wishes to move clubs who for that first season would need to be able to justify a significant impact on his new club to warrant the penalty points. And if those cases the true benefit is the club will increase the number of younger players in their top 20 to counter act that, which creates the exact situation you would like.... an older player mentoring the youth players in the squad.

Perfect for 2014 .. ok no, but in another 3 seasons? When as a group we have a further 20-30 C Cert qualified coaches in our ranks, players with incentives to once they are about 17 remain at clubs, clubs no longer having only a player budget to consider when reviewing incoming players and most of all our younger players having true incentives to be developed and shown reasons to become loyal.

The benefits are there, we may just need to be patient and incur a season, perhaps two, of change to achieve some greatest positive results from it.

LINGERA
22-11-2013, 10:45 AM
Sorry, what is the meaning of this comment and what is it referencing? I'm a little confused what the number 4 is referencing.

A few = 3
or so = +- 1

pv4
22-11-2013, 11:17 AM
A few = 3
or so = +- 1

So when I said

And fwiw I'd back a few of those 7 or so to make the top 20 of some nbn squads

I said a few (so 3, which is what I was going for and what you've said is the amount that represents "a few") of those 7 or so (so 6, 7 or 8 was the rough number off the top of my head that I could remember had played NBN reserves or higher, as I'd posted) I'd back to make the top 20 of some NBN squads (and if everyone wants to keep being pedantic about every word - I said SOME, not all). And interestingly enough, 2 of those 3 are players I'm talking about came directly from state league last year, and both of whom are under 20 years old and either wanted to play with friends/family, other commitments tied them down, had genuine belief in the plan(s) that westlakes believed in, or got fed up with politics and/or coaching in state league. I'm also sure the rest of the 7 or so could have a shot at a higher level (maybe not nbn, maybe nbn) if they chose to, but they'd probably all have their reasons to or not to.

So, what exactly were you trying to say?

Anyway, when I initially posted about Westlakes I clearly said I didn't want it to get in a slinging match about Westlakes, because I was merely using them as an eg for a broader concept. Congrats on ruining that sentiment, and digging a deeper hole. Kutgw. I won't respond to you anymore Lingera - it seems you continually miss the point(s) of what is being said, and are actively attempting to get into a slinging match. If you want a slinging match, tell MFKFC that you think Kale is technically not even up to NBN standard but is purely an athlete, & strap yourself in for the ride.

MFKS
22-11-2013, 11:18 AM
I might have missed something here, but from my understanding is that mfks is been hugely misread on this topic.
the bloke is trying to tell you guys that if the player is good enough to play state league then a club will fit him in the points system, no different from a peter haynes or a jon maj if they were to move clubs.
The 1 thing this system will do is eliminate the player movements that goes around each year and incourage stability to a team.
not the joe blogs who trys to move club to club chasing the so called dollars they think they should be earning. etc
and why cant the 27 year old club man stay on and play to he is 35 . if he is worth the points the club will keep him, there are plenty of teams out there that will field a couple of over 30 year olds this next seaon..

Precisely what I have been saying
Precisely what most of them are missing

MFKS
22-11-2013, 11:20 AM
This is where we have to, as the saying goes, have some minor "short term pain for long term gain". With regard to ag,e yes a player over 25 earns 1 penalty point for each year over 25 but he also has the opportunity to negate that by having been with the club for a period of years also. Peter Haynes as an example would earn penalty points for age but negates most of those because he has been at Magic for over 5 seasons.

He may still be worth greater than the standard ten points but then that is a decision for the coaches to weigh up benefits to penalties. It is only a player over 25 who wishes to move clubs who for that first season would need to be able to justify a significant impact on his new club to warrant the penalty points. And if those cases the true benefit is the club will increase the number of younger players in their top 20 to counter act that, which creates the exact situation you would like.... an older player mentoring the youth players in the squad.

Perfect for 2014 .. ok no, but in another 3 seasons? When as a group we have a further 20-30 C Cert qualified coaches in our ranks, players with incentives to once they are about 17 remain at clubs, clubs no longer having only a player budget to consider when reviewing incoming players and most of all our younger players having true incentives to be developed and shown reasons to become loyal.

The benefits are there, we may just need to be patient and incur a season, perhaps two, of change to achieve some greatest positive results from it.

Great Post:sup:

Thomas477
22-11-2013, 12:28 PM
:popcorn:

cobra23
22-11-2013, 01:13 PM
So when I said

I said a few (so 3, which is what I was going for and what you've said is the amount that represents "a few") of those 7 or so (so 6, 7 or 8 was the rough number off the top of my head that I could remember had played NBN reserves or higher, as I'd posted) I'd back to make the top 20 of some NBN squads (and if everyone wants to keep being pedantic about every word - I said SOME, not all). And interestingly enough, 2 of those 3 are players I'm talking about came directly from state league last year, and both of whom are under 20 years old and either wanted to play with friends/family, other commitments tied them down, had genuine belief in the plan(s) that westlakes believed in, or got fed up with politics and/or coaching in state league. I'm also sure the rest of the 7 or so could have a shot at a higher level (maybe not nbn, maybe nbn) if they chose to, but they'd probably all have their reasons to or not to.So, what exactly were you trying to say?

Anyway, when I initially posted about Westlakes I clearly said I didn't want it to get in a slinging match about Westlakes, because I was merely using them as an eg for a broader concept. Congrats on ruining that sentiment, and digging a deeper hole. Kutgw. I won't respond to you anymore Lingera - it seems you continually miss the point(s) of what is being said, and are actively attempting to get into a slinging match. If you want a slinging match, tell MFKFC that you think Kale is technically not even up to NBN standard but is purely an athlete, & strap yourself in for the ride.

if he's not up to state league then he will definetly not be up to westlakes standards. :tongue:

hawk
22-11-2013, 06:19 PM
I'm aware CCB in ID2 are setup more like Charlestown, whereas the NBN club are considered more Azzuri)

Oi, nuff of that ethnic talk. We play for our suburb round ere :)
btw, is this points system supposed to stop one club from staying at the top?

MFKS
22-11-2013, 06:57 PM
Oi, nuff of that ethnic talk. We play for our suburb round ere :)
btw, is this points system supposed to stop one club from staying at the top?

No it won't.

The club that works best at developing their own players will have years of success out of them. If a club isn't working as hard as their rivals they will suffer for it

In one regard it could see really well run clubs create dynasties (until someone catches and surpasses them)as the moving player points will reduce the chances of a side being pulled to pieces like what happens in most salary cap competitions NRL AFL etc when a team reaches some success and has everyone else try to sign their players

De-Champ
23-11-2013, 11:04 AM
No it won't.

The club that works best at developing their own players will have years of success out of them. If a club isn't working as hard as their rivals they will suffer for it

In one regard it could see really well run clubs create dynasties (until someone catches and surpasses them)as the moving player points will reduce the chances of a side being pulled to pieces like what happens in most salary cap competitions NRL AFL etc when a team reaches some success and has everyone else try to sign their players

How would you know. The system has not been tested yet. Only time will tell if it works or not.
BTW what do you mean by clubs developing players. A 16 yr old changes from say newfm to NBN club and stays with the new club until he is 30. Who developrd him?

MFKS
23-11-2013, 11:18 AM
How would you know. The system has not been tested yet. Only time will tell if it works or not.
BTW what do you mean by clubs developing players. A 16 yr old changes from say newfm to NBN club and stays with the new club until he is 30. Who developrd him?

So do you wish to debate the matter or just disagree without offering anything??

If club x puts its resources into its yoofs and coaches and builds a great playing group and brings them through the grades so they achieve success at First grade Level. Explain to me what is gonna really stop them creating a dynasty??

The new player points system will encourage them to stay at their existing club and act as a deterrent for them to leave chasing $$ and also reduce the CURRENT prospects of Club x's rivals going on a spending spree to try and buy the talented players to "BUY" a comp. If other clubs are not putting in the same/better hard yards that Club x is doing they ain't gonna be able to go out and" BUY" a comp like some clubs have/do

As for developing players I am referring to actually putting kids through the U12's u13's u 14's etc at a club right up to First grade at a club and having them spend the best part of 15-20 years at a club being brought along by the club. Not the current status quo where players change clubs 6-8 times during their playing days chasing $$ opportunity or whatever

De-Champ
23-11-2013, 12:13 PM
So do you wish to debate the matter or just disagree without offering anything??

If club x puts its resources into its yoofs and coaches and builds a great playing group and brings them through the grades so they achieve success at First grade Level. Explain to me what is gonna really stop them creating a dynasty??

The new player points system will encourage them to stay at their existing club and act as a deterrent for them to leave chasing $$ and also reduce the CURRENT prospects of Club x's rivals going on a spending spree to try and buy the talented players to "BUY" a comp. If other clubs are not putting in the same/better hard yards that Club x is doing they ain't gonna be able to go out and" BUY" a comp like some clubs have/do

As for developing players I am referring to actually putting kids through the U12's u13's u 14's etc at a club right up to First grade at a club and having them spend the best part of 15-20 years at a club being brought along by the club. Not the current status quo where players change clubs 6-8 times during their playing days chasing $$ opportunity or whatever
You did not answer the question.
That is not what I disagreed with as you so eloquently put it.

wannabe
24-11-2013, 04:06 PM
Updated signings and losses
Jaffas: gains,McPherson, dino faj, Dennis faj, Remington,Davidson,wingrove,palozzi
Losses, abe,Evans,kenny,dries,ambroghetti
Magic: gains, matt Paul
Losses, matt comerford
Olympic: gains, James monie,Simon mooney,Blake green
Losses, matt harper,Harry McGuire,jake kepreotes
Edge worth: gains,brae smith,cam Hughes,Adam boulter
Losses, David Dodd,joel wood,mark Wilson,Alex palozzi,ari
Charlestown : gains,Ben Herron
Losses,Adam boulter,cam Hughes,Mitch Wallace,Mitchell cook,
Southy: gains,Mitch Wallace,
Losses,dino faj, Dennis faj,nick Russell ( injured), phil bures( work)
Weston : gains, Brock Oakley
Losses,chris cousins,Jamie subat,Jason cowburn
Lakes. : gains,jake kepreotes,Nathan Archibald ,rob ambroghetti
Losses,Danny burt,Sean Mathews,Damien brown,matt grey,Peter McPherson,Greg salt,brae smith,
Dylan murphy
Adamstown : gains , matt comerford
Losses, matt Paul,Scott Thomas,Harry James,josh costillo

Imyourhero
24-11-2013, 06:05 PM
cheers wannabe, good to see something worth reading in this section.

Thomas477
24-11-2013, 07:40 PM
Where's Evans gone to?

seldom
24-11-2013, 08:29 PM
Updated signings and losses
Jaffas: gains,McPherson, dino faj, Dennis faj, Remington,Davidson,wingrove,palozzi
Losses, abe,Evans,kenny,dries,ambroghetti
Magic: gains, matt Paul
Losses, matt comerford
Olympic: gains, James monie,Simon mooney,Blake green
Losses, matt harper,Harry McGuire,jake kepreotes
Edge worth: gains,brae smith,cam Hughes,Adam boulter
Losses, David Dodd,joel wood,mark Wilson,Alex palozzi,ari
Charlestown : gains,Ben Herron
Losses,Adam boulter,cam Hughes,Mitch Wallace,Mitchell cook,
Southy: gains,Mitch Wallace,
Losses,dino faj, Dennis faj,nick Russell ( injured), phil bures( work)
Weston : gains, Brock Oakley
Losses,chris cousins,Jamie subat,Jason cowburn
Lakes. : gains,jake kepreotes,Nathan Archibald ,rob ambroghetti
Losses,Danny burt,Sean Mathews,Damien brown,matt grey,Peter McPherson,Greg salt,brae smith,
Dylan murphy
Adamstown : gains , matt comerford
Losses, matt Paul,Scott Thomas,Harry James,josh costillo

Subat and Cowburn still at Weston I believe and where has Mitchell Cook gone ? Think Bures has re signed at Southy too

ForeverRed
24-11-2013, 09:17 PM
Bures still at Southy, mat grey to

MFKS
24-11-2013, 09:33 PM
Bures still at Southy, mat grey to

Viva the long ball

curious_fan
24-11-2013, 11:03 PM
A 16 yr old changes from say newfm to NBN club and stays with the new club until he is 30. Who developrd him?

If I understand you correctly I don't disagree with your point. The club he was with up to 16 developed his football to a particular level and if he changed clubs at that age then it is highly likely he will do so outside the player points system and no penalty will be involved.

With the player points only based on the top 20, if a player at such an early age is first grade material we should hope he is within the Jets program and outside the points system entirely.

If I got your point wrong my apologies in advance.

pv4
24-11-2013, 11:04 PM
Viva the long ball

Wat

freddie
25-11-2013, 08:20 AM
Viva the long ball

that is such a trolling comment. i recommend the 447

ForeverRed
25-11-2013, 12:51 PM
🎣🎣🎣

De-Champ
25-11-2013, 01:44 PM
If I understand you correctly I don't disagree with your point. The club he was with up to 16 developed his football to a particular level and if he changed clubs at that age then it is highly likely he will do so outside the player points system and no penalty will be involved.

With the player points only based on the top 20, if a player at such an early age is first grade material we should hope he is within the Jets program and outside the points system entirely.

If I got your point wrong my apologies in advance.

My post was not intended for what points he is worth etc. It was aimed at all the posts of MFKS, when he goes on about player development etc. under the points system. Although he makes sense, (I do not agree/disagree with him) the jury is still out on how the points system will pan out. In the short run there will be no noticeable difference to the current system, only the long run will tell. I'm afraid that other unintended outcomes will result from the points system, that may not be favorable to the competition as a whole. As a side note the salary cap was not intended to hold clubs back, but that is one unintended result of it.

ForeverRed
25-11-2013, 03:21 PM
Viva the long ball

MFKS
25-11-2013, 03:32 PM
Might be an idea for some of the doubting Thomas's about the new point system to actually ask NNSW direct through the Q&A Forum their queries/concerns about the new point system and how it will work and some of the intracies with it

ForeverRed
05-12-2013, 07:56 PM
South Cardiff have signed Matty Darr, former South Cardiff and Edgeworth state league player returning after a couple of years in the zone premier leagues

terryk
05-12-2013, 09:17 PM
South Cardiff have signed Matty Darr, former South Cardiff and Edgeworth state league player returning after a couple of years in the zone premier leagues

Is this a bit of a desperate signing? Or does he actually fit the plans of the team?

ForeverRed
05-12-2013, 09:24 PM
why would it be desperate, his a talented player returning to the league he belongs in, you obviously are not aware of him otherwise you would not ask this question,

seldom
05-12-2013, 11:59 PM
why would it be desperate, his a talented player returning to the league he belongs in, you obviously are not aware of him otherwise you would not ask this question,

He is talented but how many midfielders can you fit in 1st grade ?...might have to play a 3-6-1 formation :grin:

ForeverRed
06-12-2013, 05:23 AM
Good idea

Premy
06-12-2013, 03:59 PM

Nice pick up from Southy the bloke is quality, Big loss for Suburb maybe you could send a few blokes up the hill FR.

ForeverRed
06-12-2013, 09:03 PM
Will try to support all our local clubs, go the burbs

Newy
17-12-2013, 08:30 AM
Ljubo Milicevic possibly 6 game stint with buds until back overseas... Keeping fit .. Keith Harris the hook up

pv4
17-12-2013, 09:05 AM

Is this 100% confirmed? It's only I had confirmation he signed with Atown - although that was probably a month before you posted this.

Good to see a Southy "junior" (I know he played 19s back in the day) returning back to the club.

Good player regardless of who he's playing for.

wannabe
20-12-2013, 07:22 AM
Has anyone heard the rumour about the faj brothers leaving jaffas because Dennis wasn't submitted in their 20 man 1st grade list to northern because it would have put them over the 250 points?

Jaf Jaf
20-12-2013, 10:54 AM
Has anyone heard the rumour about the faj brothers leaving jaffas because Dennis wasn't submitted in their 20 man 1st grade list to northern because it would have put them over the 250 points?

Mate would you mind posting up the Jaffas squad of 20?

Or you could tell us where the rumour came from?

The squad of 20 doesn't need to be submitted to NNSW until 2 weeks before the season starts. Anyones squad could change 100 times before then.

I can confirm that everything is alive and well with the Faj brothers, and there is a good friendship between Tanch and the Faj brothers.
I can also confirm Denis Faj was in the squad of 20 listed to NNSW as I was copied in the email Tanch sent with his squad of 20 that was sent to Northern.

Maybe you can try and make some rumours about other clubs now..

Jaf Jaf
20-12-2013, 10:57 AM
I can also confirm that Connor Evans has signed with Jaffas again for 2014

Thomas477
20-12-2013, 06:09 PM
I can also confirm that Connor Evans has signed with Jaffas again for 2014

Good news that, I thought he had left.

Premy
20-12-2013, 07:30 PM
Is this 100% confirmed? It's only I had confirmation he signed with Atown - although that was probably a month before you posted this.

Good to see a Southy "junior" (I know he played 19s back in the day) returning back to the club.

Good player regardless of who he's playing for.
100% confirmed I spoke too him after I seen this

chocolate soldier
23-12-2013, 10:35 AM
is there anywhere that people can see the so called "player rosters" for next year?? would love to see how some teams are gonna fit players in going by the rumours...

Zico
23-12-2013, 03:44 PM
is there anywhere that people can see the so called "player rosters" for next year?? would love to see how some teams are gonna fit players in going by the rumours...
Until such times that the FFA allow NNSWF to have the old contract system reinstated then you will never get an accurate list.

Players can jump ship at any time but one of the few positives I see in this new points system set up is that it's more difficult to find a club to put you under their cap.

wannabe
23-12-2013, 08:05 PM
Until such times that the FFA allow NNSWF to have the old contract system reinstated then you will never get an accurate list.

Players can jump ship at any time but one of the few positives I see in this new points system set up is that it's more difficult to find a club to put you under their cap.

Isn't it also harder now zico because if a player jumps ship he can only be added into a clubs top 20 list during the two trade windows in early may and late June?

Zico
23-12-2013, 10:27 PM
Isn't it also harder now zico because if a player jumps ship he can only be added into a clubs top 20 list during the two trade windows in early may and late June?
Last I heard the 2 transfer windows were still in doubt

chocolate soldier
24-12-2013, 06:33 AM
Last I heard the 2 transfer windows were still in doubt

so no transfer windows or transfer whenever you want?

ForeverRed
24-12-2013, 07:50 AM
Transfer window is happening, although you can sign a player anytime it just that they can not play first grade until the window

Zico
24-12-2013, 12:45 PM
Transfer window is happening, although you can sign a player anytime it just that they can not play first grade until the window
This new system is poor. What other League in the world have such heavy restrictions on players? I know other countries have transfer windows and so on but players off contract can still be signed at anytime during the season and play for the new club outside the windows.
What will happen if a club have a horror run of injuries and are unable to bring players in to cover the players who are out? Are clubs allowed to promote young players from say U/19's who show promise and deserve a spot if it's outside the window for altering the clubs top 20?

ForeverRed
24-12-2013, 02:45 PM
Players injured for longer then 4 weeks can be replaced outside of window , a medical certificate is required for this to happen,when the injured player returns he can only replace the person who took his spot, it's difficult for young players emerging who are outside the 20, a simple spot on the bench to gain experience can't happen anymore

Bremsstrahlung
24-12-2013, 05:14 PM
Are clubs allowed to promote young players from say U/19's who show promise and deserve a spot if it's outside the window for altering the clubs top 20?

This seems like the conundrum to me. Can a club "promote" an U/19s player to the bench of first grade (and perhaps a 20minutes at the end for experience) outside the windows? or must they be in the Top 20. This aspect is kind of counter productive i believe.

I don't think it's such a big deal on the whole, as some clubs are already doing great things with their juniors transitioning to first grade e.g Magic, Southy. I think NNSW have maybe rushed this a little.

ForeverRed
24-12-2013, 08:24 PM
Clubs cannot promote anyone to first grade outside the 20 other then in the windows, don't blame NNSWF for this, this is all an FFA instructive, NNSWF have actually been able to down grade some instructions from FFA that would have been intangible for most clubs to carry out

wannabe
04-01-2014, 08:38 PM
Stu Musialak to adamstown
Blake Green to Olympic
Luke Walker to Edgeworth

idontwannaplaywithhowey
06-01-2014, 03:17 PM
Stu Musialak to adamstown
Blake Green to Olympic
Luke Walker to Edgeworth

Is Stu no longer with Jets Youth? I know he hasnt played, but i havent heard anything regarding his future with the Jets etc...

MFKS
07-01-2014, 09:26 PM
Stopped playing with them midway through last NBN season. What happened is a mystery as there was no press on the matter he just stopped getting selected and wasn't sighted at games after that.

chocolate soldier
08-01-2014, 06:44 AM
watched stu play against the jaffas last year, he looked well out of shape and off the pace, maybe they realised this too and let him go to give a younger bloke more of a chance to prove himself? if so, well done to them, no need for him to be taking a spot of some young fella who needs the game time to progress

De-Champ
14-01-2014, 10:01 AM
Actually 5 new signings. According to the website Cavalieri is in the under 22 side.

Moley
14-01-2014, 02:53 PM
Looks like 4 new signings, Corey Day is also in the 22's.

De-Champ
14-01-2014, 08:16 PM
could be no new signings, they just may be playing in the five a side game only

Playitonthedeck
14-01-2014, 08:19 PM
Cavalieri is good young keeper, will do well at a decent club was hard for him at westy shoulda played a lot more 1 st grade than he did but for some reason smithy persisted with shalmanov why the whole club never understood

TXK
15-01-2014, 09:23 AM
Looks like 4 new signings, Corey Day is also in the 22's.

Watch this space, great player with a lot of potential..

cobra23
17-01-2014, 10:49 AM
heard murray fletcher back to magic from overseas.
also magic have lost brady parker- he went back home to coffs.

cobra23
31-01-2014, 02:55 PM
any more movements lads ???

skippy
05-02-2014, 09:37 AM
Troy Hearfield to CCB

NewFM 2014
05-02-2014, 10:21 AM
Paper says Connor Evans to Weston from Jaffas
Heard that Robbie True is going to Buds from CCB
Paper says Maitland have signed Matt Toohey from Weston and Roger Dowdell from Buds
I am friends with someone at West Wallsend who says they have a few NBN players from last year training there but wont say who they are ? top secret NewFM stuff Ha Ha
Young green from jets has signed up with Olympic i was told
Also was told some Raymond Terrace kid who scored 30 odd goals in lower leagues last year has seemingly signed up with Edgy (sorry cant remember his name)

Drunken ranger
05-02-2014, 12:12 PM
The terrace kid you talk of is the lumberjack and I think he's signed at wallsend in ZPL

Eleganceisirrelevant
05-02-2014, 02:15 PM
Also that raymond terrace kid(lez wallace) is definately at wallsend and has been all pre season. Played against South Cardiff in the charity game on Sunday. Wallsend look sharp and will be a real threat down the track

Football lover
14-02-2014, 09:47 PM
Who are ment to be the players at westy? Please very intrigued herd club is a mess

wannabe
14-02-2014, 11:17 PM
Cody Lucas to Olympic,apparently been playing college football in the states?

The Postman
15-02-2014, 12:18 AM
Have heard on the grapevine that the other Wheelhouse is joining his younger brother at Adamstown.

Football lover
15-02-2014, 11:30 AM
Cody Lucas to Olympic,apparently been playing college football in the states?

Yes is true herd from the horses mouth that being bolchy

ForeverRed
15-02-2014, 02:18 PM
Not sure if he would play firsts at olympic though

Football lover
15-02-2014, 03:33 PM
Not sure if he would play firsts at olympic though

22s to begin with but with mooney out for most of season herd will slot in eventually

Captain_Carl
19-11-2021, 11:41 AM
All interesting but let’s move on.