PDA

View Full Version : HAL 13/14 Rd 1 - Sydney FC vs Newcastle Jets - 11/10/13 k/off 730pm AEDST

Pages : [1] 2

newi24-2-08
17-09-2013, 05:53 PM
http://www.newcastlefootball.net/home/2013/10/20132014-hyundai-a-league-round-1/

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z83/furns/sydney-fc1.jpg http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z83/furns/JetsLogo.gif

2012/2013 Hyundai A-League

Season 9 Round 1

Sydney FC vs Newcastle United Jets FC

When: Friday 11th October, 2012
Where: Allianz Stadium, Driver Ave, Moore Park, NSW
Kickoff: 730pm AEDST (gates open 6pm)
Tickets: http://www.ticketek.com.au
Pre-match: from 2pm The Strawberry Hills Hotel, 453 Elizabeth St, Surry Hills
www.strawberryhillshotel.com.au
Coach Tickets: $25 per seat or $90 per family of 4 (2ad/2ch or 1ad/3ch)
http://www.newcastlefootball.net/home/2013/10/round-1-jets-away-support-coaches/
Watch: LIVE on Foxsports 1/HD and SBS 2/HD
Listen: ABC Newcastle 1233 or ABC Grandstand Digital online
Tweet: @newyboys #sydvnew #NTUA

If you are unable to travel to the game in Sydney, please come down to the District Park Tennis Club in Broadmeadow and watch the game LIVE. The Tenzo is now our permanent venue for both home AND away Newcastle Jets fixtures.
I know its three weeks away but what do you blokes think is our best lineup for the first game of the year?

I would have

-------------Birraz-------------

Neville---Jaliens---Chapman----Goodwin

---------Caravella---Zadkovich---------

-----Virgilli--------Burns-------Taggart-

-----------------Heskey--------------

At this stage i feel this is our strongest team, however there will be an inevitable injury/**** up during this next three weeks.

Blackmac79
17-09-2013, 06:03 PM
-----------------------birraz-----------------------
------Chapman------Jaliens------Regan---------
-------------------/\-----Rubes----------------------
--Virgilli------- Burns---Brilliante---\/-----------Goodwin--
-----\/----------------Taggart-------------\/------
-----\/-----------Heskey-------------------\/------

Arrows denote transitional movement \/ when in attack, /\ when defending.

GazFish35
17-09-2013, 06:10 PM
Needs more beard

Nelson Bay Road
17-09-2013, 07:05 PM
why are we only playing with 10 blackmac???

ou have inside scoop on something we dont know??

Imyourhero
17-09-2013, 07:07 PM
Don't think Burns will be too much of a defensive player Blackmac

russjaybee
17-09-2013, 07:07 PM
Haven't you heard? It's GvE's new tactic, says that reducing the number of players increases the space to pass the ball around in the backline, thus making a more efficient team powered by good injins.

ForeverRed
17-09-2013, 07:31 PM
Any eleven without chapman will do me

scarfy96
18-09-2013, 11:26 AM
Whilst Vigilli has been going well in pre-season I still think he is an impact player that is best suited at running at tired defences. When he comes on with half an hour to go and can rip it at tiring legs he leaves them for dead. When all are fresh at the start of a game his impact is less. Hence I would look at moving him on with 30 minutes to go:

-------------Birraz-------------

Neville---Jaliens---Chapman----Goodwin

---------Caravella---Brilliante---------

-----Burns------Zadkovich-------Taggart-

-----------------Heskey--------------

If Brown can get injury free and some fitness then happy to see him come into Zads position and Zad to drop back a bit.

30 minutes to go bring Virgilli on for one of the defensive midfielders, slide Zads back and Burns into the middle.

BodyNovo
18-09-2013, 11:41 AM
http://www.footballuser.com/formations/2013/09/831260_Newcastle_Jets.jpg

will not be surprised though if hoole starts the year at rb and brillante in the middle in place of kanta or caravella

Grimario
18-09-2013, 11:51 AM
Birra
Beard - Chapo - Aliens - Goodwin
Xerox - Rubez
Virgili - Burns - Taggart
Esky

Burns will play in the middle, surely? He's talked in his interviews (or maybe it was jerks insider) that he prefers playing as the #10, so in the centre would make sense.

I know it's not his natural position but the Beard is a far superior option to Neville at the back, isn't he? And if you put the Beard in midfield, you bench either our captain or the guy that has the most creative brain out of our defensive midfielders.

Would almost prefer Goodwin on the right of the attacking three and play Gallaway at left back. That would stick with the dutchy method of having your wide players cut in onto their prefered feet with overlapping FB's.

q-money
18-09-2013, 11:51 AM
Arrows denote transitional movement \/ when in attack, /\ when defending.

****en hell mate are you saying that we should go towards the opposition goals when attacking, then go back towards our own when defending?

u r the new arrigo sacchi

q-money
18-09-2013, 11:52 AM
mitchell :rof:

RIP brah

Grimario
18-09-2013, 11:54 AM
mitchell :rof:

RIP brah

Poor Mitchell.

Huge Aliens > Chapman > Regan > Kanta > Gallaway > slobs > Mitchell

Might move him above slobs... depends on whether or not slobs is left footed.

q-money
18-09-2013, 12:02 PM
slobs is above chapo u idiot

Imyourhero
18-09-2013, 12:12 PM
honestly I hate 2 holding midfielders. My dream team for newy;
-------------birraz------------
chapman----alien-----regan
-----------beard-----------
burns---zads---vella----goody
--------heskey---tagz-------

russjaybee
18-09-2013, 12:35 PM
I'm surprised so many people are using Zad as a more forward lying midfielder.

Imo last year when he did his best work he was more box to box and sitting deeper, not in behind the strikers.

Aaron Ramsey style.

Grimario
18-09-2013, 12:37 PM

Somehow (:lulz:), fourfourtwo had him as their "shooting from distance" expert in one of their features.

MFKS
18-09-2013, 12:42 PM
Playing a 3-6-1 formtion. Goody and Zads on the Flanks. Feel both have the engine to get up and back. Hooley in the middle would like to see him further forward but too much firepower already there. Taggz to play up front with HESKEY TIME playing deeper with Burns . Feel HESKEYTIME offers shit setting up play at this level and will be a lot harder to mark coming into the box later and we will benefit more having him involved a little more.

On the subs bench have named some firepower with KALE:fap: to come on and tear Smurfs a new arsehole

GK > BIRRAZ
CD > ALIENS
CD > CHAPO
CD > REAGAN
RWB > ZADS
LWB > GOODY
DM > BEARD
DM > HOOLE
AM > BURNS
AM > HESKEY
FW > TAGGZ

Subs
Chilli
Zenon
Kale
Kanta
Solari

STILL IN NEWY
Bridges>>> Mitchell>> BK >>> Brown >> Galloway:roflz:

Imyourhero
18-09-2013, 12:45 PM

Imo last year when he did his best work he was more box to box and sitting deeper, not in behind the strikers.

Aaron Ramsey style.

id rather him further forward because honestly he isnt much of a ball player and loses it too often in our third. let him win tackles further up the field when we inevitably lose the ball.

MFKS
18-09-2013, 12:53 PM
id rather him further forward because honestly he isnt much of a ball player and loses it too often in our third. let him win tackles further up the field when we inevitably lose the ball.

You make a good point.

That's why I want him to move to Right Back where his ball playing skills are mostly out of the ****ing way

Local Rules
18-09-2013, 12:56 PM
Playing a 3-6-1 formtion. Goody and Zads on the Flanks. Feel both have the engine to get up and back. Hooley in the middle would like to see him further forward but too much firepower already there. Taggz to play up front with HESKEY TIME playing deeper with Burns . Feel HESKEYTIME offers shit setting up play at this level and will be a lot harder to mark coming into the box later and we will benefit more having him involved a little more.

On the subs bench have named some firepower with KALE:fap: to come on and tear Smurfs a new arsehole

GK > BIRRAZ
CD > ALIENS
CD > CHAPO
CD > REAGAN
RWB > ZADS
LWB > GOODY
DM > BEARD
DM > HOOLE
AM > BURNS
AM > HESKEY
FW > TAGGZ

Subs
Chilli
Zenon
Kale
Kanta
Solari

STILL IN NEWY
Bridges>>> Mitchell>> BK >>> Brown >> Galloway:roflz:

Will let you have Kale on bench but WTF are you thinking with Solari as second keeper. I don't like either option but having watched Solari wave at the ball as they passed over him for the mandatory two goals a game for the Jerks Youth if Birraz cops a Del Piero Knee or an accidental red card it would be the smurfs by how many.

Imyourhero
18-09-2013, 02:01 PM
You make a good point.

That's why I want him to move to Right Back where his ball playing skills are mostly out of the ****ing way

yeah thats definetly an option especially if we play a back 4, wouldnt work in a back 3 as his wild challenges could be an issue leaving the other 2 guys stranded if he dives in etc haha

russjaybee
18-09-2013, 02:48 PM
You make a good point.

I actually think that's where he's played some of his best football for us, was it the season before last where he played there a few games in a row? They all get blurred together.
He was originally a right back at Sydney yes?

I think when he is too far forward he overplays things horribly. Zad is good when he works hard and does the simple things. When further forward he's always trying to either take players on or slide a cheeky pass etc and these are not his strong points. He should be our midfield dynamo destructor.

Beeen
18-09-2013, 03:26 PM
Leave Ruben where he is i reckon, it's 6 of one half a dozen of the other regarding changing his position. He's going to lose it in the middle or deliver wayward crosses out wide what do you prefer?

MFKS
18-09-2013, 03:57 PM
Leave Ruben where he is i reckon, it's 6 of one half a dozen of the other regarding changing his position. He's going to lose it in the middle or deliver wayward crosses out wide what do you prefer?

To my way of thinking it is pretty clear what needs to happen.

To play in the centre and to play the game GVE alleges we should be we need players with skill sets Rubez doesn't have. We really need much more quality at keeping and retaining possession and creating in the 6-8-10 than Zenon Beard Rubes Kanta offer

Problem is that he has to be in the first XI somewhere as he is deserving of this for his efforts and application to the cause and everytime I have ever seen him play at Right Back whether that was Olyroos Smurfs or us he has looked good in that position. Sure his crossing is wayward and useless but we rarely cross the ball anyway and Chilli Goodwin etc's crossing is also shit anyways. He rarely strayed out of position and defo has the engine for a RB or RWB role

tenschooners
18-09-2013, 04:06 PM
Heskey injured
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/1785525/emile-heskey-injures-knee/?cs=303

edit: oh yeah in other thread

joel31
18-09-2013, 06:11 PM
http://www.footballuser.com/formations/2013/09/831381_Newcastle_Jets.jpg

Premy
18-09-2013, 06:17 PM
http://www.footballuser.com/formations/2013/09/831381_Newcastle_Jets.jpg

I would swap Hoole or Galloway for Brillante and swap Kantarovski or Brillante for Caravella.

P.S Caravella is no better then Jobe time will prove me correct and you'll all want him out of the squad by round 6 just like me.

q-money
18-09-2013, 06:20 PM
but he has a european name and slick hair, he must be better than jobe

GazFish35
18-09-2013, 06:23 PM
I would swap Hoole or Galloway for Brillante and swap Kantarovski or Brillante for Caravella.

P.S Caravella is no better then Jobe time will prove me correct and you'll all want him out of the squad by round 6 just like me.

Are you in the squad?
Who are you really?
Why do you think we will all want you out by round 6 too?

Premy
18-09-2013, 06:39 PM
Are you in the squad?
Who are you really?
Why do you think we will all want you out by round 6 too?

I've won a few cups on Football Manager, Amateur level :sup:

Grimario
19-09-2013, 12:07 PM
The internet is a mean place :(

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b214/Grimario/Jerks_zpsb064e67f.jpg

leftrightout
26-09-2013, 07:19 AM
Seems as though everyones favourite englishman might get a start? Or has GVE read this forum and is just trying to stir up as many memebers as he can?

pv4
26-09-2013, 09:17 AM
:rof: the last thing we need against this Sydney team is to give them the ball, where they can get it to their attack line:

ADP, Garcia, Carle, Gameiro, Yau (dat pace).

It's not like their defence are anything flash - so we shouldn't go there actually attempting to give away our possession.

If GVE was smart he'd leave Bridges, the worst possession retainer in the world (potential overexaggeration), back in Newcastle to watch videos of players that have passing percentages greater than 90%.

I'll make a wild prediction - arguably as wild as my one last year where I said we wouldn't win another game that Virgili started (which, I never checked, but I imagine was pretty close to being right): if Bridges starts, we'll be 2 down by half time (cue the "we'll be 2 down by half time anyway with GVE running the show").

Grimario
26-09-2013, 09:24 AM
Quick glance and I momentarily thought pv4 had me in the line up against Jerks. Then I read pace and went back to discover my error.

leftrightout
26-09-2013, 09:37 AM
I'll make a wild prediction - arguably as wild as my one last year where I said we wouldn't win another game that Virgili started (which, I never checked, but I imagine was pretty close to being right)

Haha probably were correct but it didnt have much to do with Virgilli... im pretty sure we just didnt win any more games!

Jeterpool
26-09-2013, 09:51 AM
--------------Birraz-----------

Nev-----Regs----Kew----Sammy

--------Zen-----Zads---------

Burns------Brown-------Goody

---------Taggz-------------

BK, Brill, Chappy, Chilli, Bridges

pv4
26-09-2013, 10:03 AM
-----------------Biraz-------------------
Neville--Chapman--Jaliens--Gallaway
------------Zad----Caravella-----------
Hoole--------Burns------------Goodwin
--------------Taggart-------------------

Would really love Brillante to take Gallaway's spot though, but can't see it happening.

leftrightout
26-09-2013, 10:04 AM
--------------Birraz-----------

Nev-----Regs----Kew----Sammy

--------Zen-----Zads---------

Burns------Brown-------Goody

---------Taggz-------------

BK, Brill, Chappy, Chilli, Bridges

I like the look of that team... i would say Chapman will start over Regs though, he seems to be one of GVE's favourites.
Also, i would love to see Brillante given the nod ahead of Caramello.

Saying that, that midfield and attack is fairly mobile.... that could be a good thing!

MFKS
26-09-2013, 01:44 PM
:rof: the last thing we need against this Sydney team is to give them the ball, where they can get it to their attack line:

ADP, Garcia, Carle, Gameiro, Yau (dat pace).

It's not like their defence are anything flash - so we shouldn't go there actually attempting to give away our possession.

If GVE was smart he'd leave Bridges, the worst possession retainer in the world (potential overexaggeration), back in Newcastle to watch videos of players that have passing percentages greater than 90%.

I'll make a wild prediction - arguably as wild as my one last year where I said we wouldn't win another game that Virgili started (which, I never checked, but I imagine was pretty close to being right): if Bridges starts, we'll be 2 down by half time (cue the "we'll be 2 down by half time anyway with GVE running the show").

You were bang on the money with all your post until the shit about us being 2-0 down at HT against the Smurfs. We may be ****ed we may have a coach with NFI but one thing I am certain of the team we are playing are Shit ****s. Even we will look like world beaters against the rabble of shit that is Smurfs FC and won't be 2-0 down at HT even if that has been Bridges gets a ****ing start.

FFS Josh Mitchell Sammy Galloway and Scott Neville would be stars in their backline

Maito Mitch
26-09-2013, 06:38 PM
Hopefully Gary will have us playing the good old 4-2-3-1 / 4-3-3 whichever way you look at it

The back four is set in stone and will be:
Neville - chapo - aliens - gallaway

Zads obviously in the middle with either the beard or caravella. I'm not sure which I'd rather, which is good to have to depth there

Surely taggart will play up front at the point with Goodwin on the left.

The last two are up for grabs I think. Ideally brown will be the #10 but he's probably a bit of a risk atm so from that point of view I think bridges will start and burns will be on the right

Ideally I think Virgili needs to come off the bench but with Brown being an unknown currently, another option is Burns playing behind Taggart and Virgili on the right

newi24-2-08
26-09-2013, 08:01 PM
Whats the go with Jacob Pepper? A lot of potential but has gone missing over pre-season... Does he still have a place in this squad?

MFKS
26-09-2013, 09:27 PM
Whats the go with Jacob Pepper? A lot of potential but has gone missing over pre-season... Does he still have a place in this squad?

He has been playing in Pre season games?? Probably down the pecking order behind Zads Brillante Zenon Kanta

uni_fc
30-09-2013, 10:42 AM
Birighitti

Neville Jaliens Chapman Gallaway

Zad Caravella

Burns Bridges Goodwin

Taggart

Bench:
Kennedy
Kanta
Regs
Virgilli
Brown

Heskey to come in when fit

Grimario
30-09-2013, 12:58 PM
Birighitti

Zad Caravella

Burns Bridges Goodwin

Taggart

Bench:
Kennedy
Kanta
Regs
Virgilli
Brown

Heskey to come in when fit

Still no idea why people put Burns on the right wing. He has said all along that his prefered position is in the hole behind the striker and that's a position we were awful with last year. Virgili will surely start while Heskey is out injured, Burns in at #10 and Taggart at the point. When Heskey comes back, I reckon it all depends on how good Virgili has been... he will either keep his starting spot or Taggart will get moved to the right of the front three.

russjaybee
30-09-2013, 02:21 PM
Grimmarz pretty much on the moolah imo.

Grimario
30-09-2013, 02:27 PM
:cool:

scarfy96
30-09-2013, 05:45 PM
I agree with those that are starting Burns on the right and Vigilli on the bench, Bridges at no 10. Pre-season reports are that Bridges is playing well there and providing great through balls and Burns has skill to go past people with pure skill and has great finishing.

Vigilli is improving but his greatest asset is his pace. His pace is best used against a tired defence, if you think of all his goals/assists last year almost all of them were when he came on with 20-30 minutes to go and run at a tired defence.

So I would be looking at starting Bridges at 10, Burns on the right and Vigilli on the bench. At about 60-70 minute mark I would be bringing Bridges off, move Burns to no 10 and put Vigilli on the right to tear apart a tired defence and either create his own chances or lay it on a platter for Taggs or Burns coming into the box late. Depending on Burns fitness first game it could be a straight swap with Vigilli if Burns's strain isn't 100%.

true waterboy
30-09-2013, 06:14 PM
Vigilli is improving but his greatest asset is his pace. His pace is best used against a tired defence, if you think of all his goals/assists last year almost all of them were when he came on with 20-30 minutes to go and run at a tired defence.

he is a goal scoring machine. just which of his goals last year was your favourite ? :gent:

pv4
01-10-2013, 07:09 AM
if you think of all his goals/assists last year almost all of them were when he came on with 20-30 minutes to go and run at a tired defence.

Virgili has 2 season career assists to his name & no goals.

One assist was against CCM for Heskey, which Virgili was not a sub. I can't remember the other assist, was it off the bench though?

scarfy96
01-10-2013, 09:33 AM
OK but he had 16 attempts on goal, and IMO when he looks most dangerous is when he is running at a tired defence, it allows him to use his speed, rather than burning his speed against a fresh defence. Hopefully with his continued development and ability to finish some in pre-season this year then those attempts will translate to a few goals this year but looking at our options I would put him behind Burns, Taggart, Goodwin, and Heskey which means starting on the bench. The question is who is most effective at number 10, is it Bridges, Burns or will Brown come into that role. Either way it is Vigilli off the bench as an impact in the last 20-30 minutes for me.

Grimario
01-10-2013, 09:37 AM
OK but he had 16 attempts on goal, and IMO when he looks most dangerous is when he is running at a tired defence, it allows him to use his speed, rather than burning his speed against a fresh defence. Hopefully with his continued development and ability to finish some in pre-season this year then those attempts will translate to a few goals this year but looking at our options I would put him behind Burns, Taggart, Goodwin, and Heskey which means starting on the bench. The question is who is most effective at number 10, is it Bridges, Burns or will Brown come into that role. Either way it is Vigilli off the bench as an impact in the last 20-30 minutes for me.

Except in that front 4 you put him behind, Heskey is injured and Burns has already stated his desire to play the number 10. Given every player who played as our playmaker last season was awful, why would we persist with the two who were used there when a "fringe Socceroo" is in our team and wanting to play that role? Burns behind the striker, Taggart up front, Virgili on the right. The team just about picks itself.

pv4
01-10-2013, 09:51 AM
Burns isn't the first-choice number 10. GVE was well-documented saying he brought him in to play on the left of a front three. I think you'll find Burns said he likes anywhere, but probably prefers #10 as he sees the ball more. It means nothing. In a first choice GVE-picked team, Burns is a LW.

BTW scarfy FWIW I agree with you that Chilli is more of an impact player. I think I really hammered GVE last season for starting him against Victory as he was never going to be anything close to useful against a fresh Traore.

If you look at the leftbacks other teams have this season it is:
- Steffanuto (Brisbane)
- Rose (CCM)
- Cassio (Adelaide)
- Heffernan/Dapuzz (WSW)
- Warren/Grant (Syd)
- Jamieson (Perth)
- Muscat (Wellington)
- Traore (Victory)
- Behich (Heart)

Now Victory & Heart aside (maybe Sydney if Grant is there), all the leftbacks are getting old and/or are useless. I would definately be wanting a livewire impact sub against those old/crappy legs.

Grimario
01-10-2013, 09:57 AM
I'm not disagreeing that Virgili is a better sub than starter either... just that with Heskey out and how pre-season has gone, is Goodwin really going to be at fullback? And if he isn't, that kind of takes the LW spot and means Burns isn't there either.

MFKS
01-10-2013, 10:43 AM
Would actually like to see Virgilli used late in games as a striker if we are winning.

Feel his speed could be of massive use if he can break some offside traps as teams push forward on us

scarfy96
01-10-2013, 11:57 AM
Except in that front 4 you put him behind, Heskey is injured and Burns has already stated his desire to play the number 10. Given every player who played as our playmaker last season was awful, why would we persist with the two who were used there when a "fringe Socceroo" is in our team and wanting to play that role? Burns behind the striker, Taggart up front, Virgili on the right. The team just about picks itself.

Except that GVE has stated many times he brought Burns in for his ability to go past people - repeated again in todays rag - and at almost every opportunity he has played in wide right in pre-season (admittedly these have been limited due to contract and injury) which baring one statement by Burns that he fancied the number 10 role has been the consistent line from the Jets - Burns to play on the right. So front 3 I still think will be:

Goodwin Taggart Burns

With Bridges at no 10.

What happens to Taggs when Heskey is again fit will be interesting. I guess that will depend on how he plays, and how Goodwin plays and how Bridges goes at no 10.

I still think Vigilli will come on at 60-70 minutes either as a straight swap for Burns if there is any doubt over him or for Bridges and Burns will go central.

Reports both in the Herald and the Jets own media indicated that Bridges passing in the first half v Mariners was very creative and regularly put players through and that when he went off the supply dried up. So for my reading of things Burns will start in the position for which he was bought (on the right hand side), Goodwin will start left, and Bridges will be the supply line.

Jeterpool
01-10-2013, 11:58 AM
Would actually like to see Virgilli used late in games as a striker if we are winning.

Feel his speed could be of massive use if he can break some offside traps as teams push forward on us

This could be an interesting call. I wonder how that would pan out?

Grimario
01-10-2013, 12:12 PM
Except that GVE has stated many times

There's your problem, taking anything that muppet says as gospel. :gent:

scarfy96
01-10-2013, 02:48 PM
I guess we will find out in a week and a half hey.

Virgilli up front isn't a bad option late in the game. Guess it is an option until Heskey is back 100%, after that can't see it happening much.

Grimario
01-10-2013, 02:53 PM

Late in game options if we are losing? Regan or Chapman :lulz:

Imyourhero
01-10-2013, 03:09 PM
Score tips?
Honestly i don't think we'll pull it off this year down in sydney, still seem to be a team in transition despite bulk of squad being together for while now. Sydney 3 - Jets 1

Grimario
01-10-2013, 03:13 PM
I think Sydney are awful and will be scrapping it out for the spoon with one or two other clubs.

Sadly, I think we are going to be one of those clubs :(

My2BobsWorth
01-10-2013, 04:09 PM
All depends on Dutchies team selection, and therein lies the problem

plague
01-10-2013, 04:14 PM
It's all bollocks with Burns anyway.
He's the Jets dirty one night stand who we are deleting off our phone as soon as we're done.
Put the new bloke at #10. Least he looks like he can pass a ball.
We'll lose.

Jetmaster
01-10-2013, 07:52 PM
Great first touches, deft triangle passing, solid defence not looking like conceding, a couple of goals out of the top drawer and ADP as quiet as a church mouse.

.....and then I woke up.

Jeterpool
01-10-2013, 09:30 PM
Great first touches, deft triangle passing, solid defence not looking like conceding, a couple of goals out of the top drawer and ADP as quiet as a church mouse.

.....and then I woke up.

I was going to ask how is fifa 14?

Grimario
01-10-2013, 09:37 PM
I was going to ask how is fifa 14?
Apparently PES shits all over it this year. At least till you try multiplayer and then pes is an absolute disaster.

seldom
02-10-2013, 12:38 AM
Jerks to slog out a 1 all draw...gary to flog on bout us havin all the possession...Biz to have 60+ touches...Bridges to take it to the corner flag...several players to play out of position...ADP to dive and generally try and influence the officials...Jaliens to question why the fvck he came here etc

BodyNovo
02-10-2013, 08:26 AM
Apparently PES shits all over it this year. At least till you try multiplayer and then pes is an absolute disaster.

correct.

MFKS
02-10-2013, 04:40 PM
I guess we will find out in a week and a half hey.

Virgilli up front isn't a bad option late in the game. Guess it is an option until Heskey is back 100%, after that can't see it happening much.

Would be more than happy to see Heskey drop back into the 10 role if we are holding on leaving Chilli up front. Heskey can get on the ball and hold it up more than being isolated as the 9. Chilli in lots of space with his speed could be a goldmine

furns
08-10-2013, 09:14 PM
updated thread title

http://www.newcastlefootball.net/home/2013/10/20132014-hyundai-a-league-round-1/

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z83/furns/sydney-fc1.jpg http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z83/furns/JetsLogo.gif

2012/2013 Hyundai A-League

Season 9 Round 1

Sydney FC vs Newcastle United Jets FC

When: Friday 11th October, 2012
Where: Allianz Stadium, Driver Ave, Moore Park, NSW
Kickoff: 730pm AEDST (gates open 6pm)
Tickets: http://www.ticketek.com.au
Pre-match: from 2pm The Strawberry Hills Hotel, 453 Elizabeth St, Surry Hills
www.strawberryhillshotel.com.au
Coach Tickets: $25 per seat or $90 per family of 4 (2ad/2ch or 1ad/3ch)
http://www.newcastlefootball.net/home/2013/10/round-1-jets-away-support-coaches/
Watch: LIVE on Foxsports 1/HD and SBS 2/HD
Listen: ABC Newcastle 1233 or ABC Grandstand Digital online
Tweet: @newyboys #sydvnew #NTUA

If you are unable to travel to the game in Sydney, please come down to the District Park Tennis Club in Broadmeadow and watch the game LIVE. The Tenzo is now our permanent venue for both home AND away Newcastle Jets fixtures.

newi24-2-08
08-10-2013, 10:35 PM
2-2 I think. Burns and Taggart.

Need Zad and Beard/Caravella to hack down ADP and Carle......****s..

Id probably go with:

Birraz

Zadkovich Beard

Virgilli Burns Goodwin

Taggart

Goodwin has had a fair bit of success against Bojic in the past so id like to see him there. Chapman or Regan is a flip of the coin for me but Chapman will start imo

Where is everyone drinking beforehand?

furns
08-10-2013, 10:38 PM
Where is everyone drinking beforehand?look at the post above yours

:sigh:

Superdylan
08-10-2013, 10:44 PM
Jets 2 Sydney 1

Both our goals in the first half burns and taggart and Sydney with theirs around the 75th minute mark with del piero.

MFKS
09-10-2013, 12:01 AM
Heskey to start I am calling it.
3 weeks in cotton wool for a minor knee injury and Heskeytime will be unleashed on the unsuspecting Smurfs.

3-3 Draw.

3 Calamitous **** ups from the JETS defensively coughing up the ball.

Birraz to do nothing other than the 3 times picking ball out of net after being left high and dry again and the standard 400 touches per half

joel31
09-10-2013, 07:38 AM
Sydney 1 Jets 2
Virgili and Taggart to score for us after ADP gives them the lead

Jetmaster
09-10-2013, 08:24 AM
Expect ADP to spend even more time on the floor this season.

All teams must negate this and minimise set pieces.

However I'm just dying for someone (Rubes) to completely take him out in the first five minutes and stand over him saying "get up you pussy" !

russjaybee
09-10-2013, 09:27 AM
Will be a shite game, both teams will be rusty as.

Probs Loose with ADP being the only player on the pitch that remembers how to play football.

Wont make it to the game but will be at tenzo yewwwwwwwwww

plague
09-10-2013, 11:31 AM
We'll lose 0-0.

MFKS
09-10-2013, 11:36 AM
We'll lose 0-0.

Your confused Plague 0-0 is actually a win.

We have GVE so we get the biscuits based on this disadvantage

plague
09-10-2013, 01:35 PM
Your confused Plague 0-0 is actually a win.

We have GVE so we get the biscuits based on this disadvantage

No confusion.
By 'we', I meant the fans.

Cunning stunts
09-10-2013, 01:42 PM
im backing us to win Half/Full at $8 think its good odds

joel31
09-10-2013, 04:43 PM
Emerton is probably out
http://www.smh.com.au/sport/football/sydney-fc-star-brett-emerton-likely-to-be-sidelined-for-aleague-season-opener-20131009-2v859.html

Rocknerd
09-10-2013, 04:45 PM
Emerton is probably out
http://www.smh.com.au/sport/football/sydney-fc-star-brett-emerton-likely-to-be-sidelined-for-aleague-season-opener-20131009-2v859.html

damn! now we won't have a wing to exploit.

evolution
09-10-2013, 05:51 PM
damn! now we won't have a wing to exploit.

But we will be able to exploit this:

Former Melbourne Heart utility Matthew Thompson will be drafted in on a short-term contract and should be cleared to play by Friday night.

hawk
09-10-2013, 07:55 PM

that would need a well timed through ball. I think we will do ok & only go down by 2.

MFKS
10-10-2013, 12:37 AM
that would need a well timed through ball. I think we will do ok & only go down by 2.

The usual Long ball hoof up the park (to Heskeytime) should suffice. Only problem is the 15 passes at the back before Birraz hoofs it up the park may mean our transition isn't quick enough AGAIN

BodyNovo
10-10-2013, 08:22 AM
4-0 jerks

Jeterpool
10-10-2013, 09:45 AM
3-0 win. Taggart and Goodwin, then Zad to score down the Cove end and absolutely give it to them

I think we will be solid.

plague
10-10-2013, 12:57 PM
Bridges OUT.

GVE the master chess player.
I'll see your Emerton and counter with a Bridges.

Jeterpool
10-10-2013, 01:19 PM
I assume Burns will be moved centrally and Virgili played on the right.

Or Brown as a straight swap.

Maito Mitch
10-10-2013, 01:33 PM
Wouldn't mind seeing Brown in as a straight swap. He and Burns could rotate between the centre and out wider. Would love to see him get back into some good form.

That leaves Virgili to do what he does best late in the game against a tired defence, when I think he's much more effective.

furns
10-10-2013, 02:13 PM
Is Bridges actually out or are you calling for him to be out?

furns
10-10-2013, 02:20 PM
http://sfcu.com.au/smf202/index.php?topic=20500.0
f*ck me and I thought we were a negative bunch

plague
10-10-2013, 02:34 PM
Is Bridges actually out or are you calling for him to be out?
Nah he's out.

Maito Mitch
10-10-2013, 02:40 PM
Newcastle Jets Squad: 1. Mark BIRIGHITTI (GK), 2. Scott NEVILLE, 4. Kew JALIENS, 6. Zenon CARAVELLA, 7. Andrew HOOLE, 8. Ruben ZADKOVICH, 10. Nathan BURNS, 11. Craig GOODWIN, 12. Connor CHAPMAN, 15. Josh BRILLANTE, 16. Jacob PEPPER, 17. James VIRGILI 18. James BROWN, 20. Ben KENNEDY, 21. Sam GALLAWAY, 22. Adam TAGGART.

Picked itself really...

“Nathan can play in various roles across the front third, but he really enjoys playing as a number 10 and that’s where he’ll play tomorrow,” he said.

So Burns in the middle and Virgili on the right!

stopper2
10-10-2013, 02:41 PM
^^^
Bridges out.......again!
What else is new!

furns
10-10-2013, 02:50 PM
4-6 weeks

joel31
10-10-2013, 04:14 PM
4-6 weeks
Good riddance

Local Rules
10-10-2013, 04:23 PM
^^^
Bridges out.......again!
What else is new!

Cue GVE excuse #267 - With Bridges late withdrawal we really didn't have a settled lineup as we hadn't used Burns in that role in our last few trial games.

Rocknerd
10-10-2013, 04:27 PM
4-6 weeks

Good riddance

isn't it 6-8 to put him out for the season? what does this mean for the long term? will PV4 wet himself with excitement?

Grimario
10-10-2013, 04:39 PM
Burns at 10? Never would have guessed.

pv4
10-10-2013, 08:40 PM
isn't it 6-8 to put him out for the season? what does this mean for the long term? will PV4 wet himself with excitement?

Go easy on Bridges. He's one of the top 5 Aleague imports ever. He singlehandedly changes games for the good, and is better than every other player in the jerks squad - probably competing with ADP for the whole league.

Blackmac79
11-10-2013, 12:13 AM
Game day!

And just so we loose...

Fire up jets!

Comon farken.

Jeterpool
11-10-2013, 07:10 AM
Got a good feeling about this game!

C'mon Jets!!!

Jeterpool
11-10-2013, 08:28 AM
Who is the ref tonight?

pv4
11-10-2013, 08:40 AM
Referee: Jarred Gillett
Assistant Referee 1: Ashley Beecham
Assistant Referee 2: Lance Greenshields
Fourth Official: Strebre Delovski

Jeterpool
11-10-2013, 08:44 AM

Cheers

Jeterpool
11-10-2013, 08:46 AM
26 Games between the two teams since the inception of the A-League
• 6 Jets wins
• 7 draws
• 13 Sydney wins

In Sydney:
• 3 Jets wins
• 3 draws
• 7 Sydney wins

Leading Scorers in the fixture:
• Jets – Milton Rodriguez, Jobe Wheelhouse, Jeremy Brockie, Ryan Griffiths and Michael Bridges each with 3 goals.
• Sydney – Alex Brosque and Bruno Cazarine each with 5 goals.

Interesting facts:
• The average attendance in this fixture, in Sydney, is 14162. The largest crowd was last season’s Round 2 clash with 35419.
• The corresponding game last season was promoted as the first clash of the marquees Emile Heskey and Alessandro Del Piero. While it will be remember by many for the free kick scored by Del Piero, it was also the match that saw Emile Heskey score his first goal for the Jets.
• Last 5 games between the two teams are 3 Jets wins, one draw and a loss.
• Jarred Gillett has only officiated one Jets v Sydney FC clash. This was in Season 8, Round 19. The result on this occasion was a 2-2 draw.

Bon
11-10-2013, 08:49 AM

Jeeez, Gillett isn't great, but I wish we had Streb instead..

pv4
11-10-2013, 08:57 AM
• The corresponding game last season was promoted as the first clash of the marquees Emile Heskey and Alessandro Del Piero. While it will be remember by many for the free kick conceded by Ben Kennedy, it was also the match that saw Emile Heskey score his first goal for the Jets.

ftfy

Jeterpool
11-10-2013, 09:07 AM
Jeeez, Gillett isn't great, but I wish we had Streb instead..

In 11 games Jarred Gillett has officated we have two wins (both in season 7), 4 draws and 5 losses. Our last 5 (from most recent) have been LDDLD.

Strebre on the other hand has only officiated us 12 times (swore it was more!) and we have won 5, drawn 1 and lost 6. However our last 5 with him have been a WWDLW.

Plus Strebre is a better ref IMO.

Jeterpool
11-10-2013, 09:07 AM
ftfy

Thanks. My bad.

Tommyjet
11-10-2013, 09:14 AM
Gillet to do an ankle per game then

Bon
11-10-2013, 09:17 AM
In 11 games Jarred Gillett has officated we have two wins (both in season 7), 4 draws and 5 losses. Our last 5 (from most recent) have been LDDLD.

Strebre on the other hand has only officiated us 12 times (swore it was more!) and we have won 5, drawn 1 and lost 6. However our last 5 with him have been a WWDLW.

Plus Strebre is a better ref IMO.

Full of the stats today, mate..
Well, it could be worse, at least it isn't Breezey..

Jeterpool
11-10-2013, 09:22 AM
Full of the stats today, mate..
Well, it could be worse, at least it isn't Breezey..

I am :) I've got a bit of info like this that I add to each of the Jetstreams. That's part of my contribution. I'll only do this for away games where we aren't selling the zine.

It's a bit of a misconception that we didn't do well under Breeze. In 41 games for Breeze we had 20 wins, 11 losses and 10 draws.
!

Jetmaster
11-10-2013, 09:42 AM
The Breeze hate stems from the Breakers period, not so much the Jets time.

He was a nob of the highest order in the NSL.

GazFish35
11-10-2013, 09:48 AM
Major sorted him.

plague
11-10-2013, 10:02 AM
Caaarrrrrrnnnn.

MFKS
11-10-2013, 10:14 AM
I am :) I've got a bit of info like this that I add to each of the Jetstreams. That's part of my contribution. I'll only do this for away games where we aren't selling the zine.

It's a bit of a misconception that we didn't do well under Breeze. In 41 games for Breeze we had 20 wins, 11 losses and 10 draws.
!

What are the stats though on yellow cards from Breeze in those games??

I reckon Lord Griffo got at least 35 yellow cards from the **** in those 41 games

Jeterpool
11-10-2013, 10:30 AM

I reckon Lord Griffo got at least 35 yellow cards from the **** in those 41 games

I don't have that information.

russjaybee
11-10-2013, 11:45 AM
Get up farken!

Who here will be at the tenzo? Can't make it to the game unfort.

edit... not any more

Jetmaster
11-10-2013, 01:23 PM

All is forgiven - one of those was for the sack whack....if he didn't give that card it could have gone to match review and (considering what happened to Vukovich later), we may not have seen Griff again in that season.

joel31
11-10-2013, 03:36 PM
4 hours to go!

My2BobsWorth
11-10-2013, 05:15 PM
Captain obvious

goaliepersempre
11-10-2013, 05:50 PM
Any good streams..... :) it's snowing here

Muswellbrookian
11-10-2013, 06:14 PM
Any good streams..... :) it's snowing here

I was going to try the SBS stream, but I dunno if it will work internationally. Also seriously tempted to pay £50 for the whole-season online streaming subscription...but that probably wouldn't be the smartest idea as far as work goes.

(Felt like it should have been bloody snowing here yesterday! I'm too Australian for this northern weather.)

Jeterpool
11-10-2013, 07:23 PM
Anyone else see James Brown on the fox coverage warm up?

Hope that wasn't the peak of his season

Grimario
11-10-2013, 07:28 PM
Anyone else see James Brown on the fox coverage warm up?

Hope that wasn't the peak of his season

Was an excellent camera bombing.

Shayne
11-10-2013, 07:41 PM
Carle has lost some weight..

weston
11-10-2013, 07:44 PM
Shirts look great. A few long balls so far... would like to see that kept to a minimum. Though I should look at the positive, they are going forwards.

goaliepersempre
11-10-2013, 07:44 PM
back home now, watching stream on bet365

goaliepersempre
11-10-2013, 08:10 PM
too slow.. some nice movement between burns and taggart... shite commentating as per the usual...

Bec
11-10-2013, 08:10 PM
Just been able to tune in, I am actually loving our shirts

ForeverRed
11-10-2013, 08:12 PM
Chapman is poo

Grimario
11-10-2013, 08:14 PM
Zenon tackling the forehead. Brilliant comedy.

Bec
Would help if we didn't tackle eachother

Jeterpool
So we are taking out our own players now? FFS. Chapman had that covered

weston
11-10-2013, 08:15 PM
Well in Caravella you muppett. Now I wish that card was a red one 30 seconds earlier.

Thomas477
Thompson's a dickhead, ffs.

Jeterpool
4 corners, 4 back post. Mix it up maybe?

ForeverRed
What I said, poo

foti68
we are f@%king shit

Jeterpool
11-10-2013, 08:17 PM
Slater needs to wash his mouth out. Del Piero conceded a foul? Never. he should only ever receive them

parksey
11-10-2013, 08:18 PM
Would be nice if I could find a stream. Tried bet 365 but it says I have to place a bet to watch on mobile

Jeterpool
we are f@%king shit

Too early mate. We are one half in. We've created some chances. Some passes stick and we look the goods

Thomas477
Slater needs to wash his mouth out. Del Piero conceded a foul? Never. he should only ever receive them

TBH I reckon he is lucky to still be on the pitch, dived in with 2 feet up ffs.

Pico
11-10-2013, 08:20 PM
soooooo glad we re-signed that beast caravella, you'd think the club would have learnt about preseason extensions after GVE last year.
hope GVE Pinto's him at half time

Jeterpool
11-10-2013, 08:22 PM
Defenders need to be higher. They aren't going to hit us too quickly on the break.

Grimario
11-10-2013, 08:24 PM
Too early mate. We are one half in. We've created some chances. Some passes stick and we look the goods

We started well but it's just turned into the same shit of last season . the half goes by. Pointless passing around the back, long ball to no one and some comical defending.

Jeterpool
11-10-2013, 08:29 PM
The difference ADP makes...goals scored and opposition fouls conceded

Pico
11-10-2013, 08:29 PM
We started well but it's just turned into the same shit of last season . the half goes by. Pointless passing around the back, long ball to no one and some comical defending.
but we don't have any weaknesses, Baartz said so.
I'm not yet convinced by Jaliens either, with the ease these SFC forwards are pushing up and old man ADP moving through our backs it scares me to think what a mobile attacking team like victory will do to us.

weston
11-10-2013, 08:30 PM
started good considering its the first game of the season. Made a few chances which I think the boys should of had a crack instead of taking another 5 touches... in particular Gallaway.

And Caravella... well. He can sit next to GVE and RM. FFS. Awful.

Shayne
11-10-2013, 08:31 PM
Who is this dopy bi*ch in the half time show? Shes just repeating everything they're saying in different words..

Grimario
11-10-2013, 08:33 PM
Who is this dopy bi*ch in the half time show? Shes just repeating everything they're saying in different words..

Tara Rushton? She's fantastic. Or are you watching sbs?

Pico
11-10-2013, 08:36 PM

must be talking about Tara, is nothing but a sausage fest on SBS

boz-monaut
11-10-2013, 08:38 PM
Craig Deans - worst bloke, worst half time interview

Deans is worse than Hitler's Assistant Coach

Grimario
11-10-2013, 08:39 PM
must be talking about Tara, is nothing but a sausage fest on SBS

Shayne out.

Jetmaster
11-10-2013, 08:40 PM

This ^

Jeterpool
11-10-2013, 08:43 PM
Did zads even touch adp?

Thomas477
11-10-2013, 08:48 PM
Did zads even touch adp?

The displaced air by Zad sliding did.

I'm surprised Zad wasn't given a red card tbh.

Thomas477
11-10-2013, 08:55 PM
Good to see our backs aren't playing as midfielders this year.

FFS

Porett
11-10-2013, 08:55 PM
Nothing has changed. Sorry we may have gotten slightly worse from last year. ****ing appalling.

Grimario
11-10-2013, 08:56 PM
Good to see our backs aren't playing as midfielders this year.

FFS

same shit different season.

foti68
11-10-2013, 08:56 PM
what is caravella still doing on the park

Beeen
11-10-2013, 08:57 PM
Well in Baartzy no weaknesses

Thomas477
11-10-2013, 08:59 PM
The Beard on for Caramello.

Brown "The Clown" on for Virgilli.

Grimario
11-10-2013, 09:02 PM
Well in Baartzy no weaknesses

I think our squad is really good though. The way they are set up to play though is just rubbish.

Pico
11-10-2013, 09:03 PM
on the positive side we can put to rest this theory that GVE system and play was destroyed by Heskey and that heskey was the source of the long balls

Jeterpool
11-10-2013, 09:07 PM
We just need to go and lose all pre season games next year. That's how you win a league games

outsider
11-10-2013, 09:07 PM
Nothing has changed. Sorry we may have gotten slightly worse from last year. ****ing appalling.

same old same old-no idea how to defend

cheflyf
11-10-2013, 09:08 PM
Possesion, pass back turn over. What is new???? Different away colours.

Jeterpool
11-10-2013, 09:08 PM
Bojic...still a grub

Porett
11-10-2013, 09:11 PM
How crap are we to make sydney look good.

Porett
11-10-2013, 09:14 PM
Why is scott neville playing ? Do we have injuries ?

Thomas477
11-10-2013, 09:15 PM
Good to see Brown is still as crap as ever. ffs.

sammydog
11-10-2013, 09:17 PM
I think our squad is really good though. The way they are set up to play though is just rubbish.

Couldn't agree more, the squad is fine. It is the tactics they are being sent out with that are hurting us.

Porett
11-10-2013, 09:18 PM
We should be top 3, the squad is good enough. ****ing hell, the linesman has been our best defender tonight.

Thomas477
11-10-2013, 09:19 PM
We will lose against every opponent that:

Plays deep and compact
Pressures us in our own 18

foti68
11-10-2013, 09:20 PM
Have we had a shot on goal ??

Pico
11-10-2013, 09:22 PM
Couldn't agree more, the squad is fine. It is the tactics they are being sent out with that are hurting us.
I used to buy that but geez, if the blokes were that good surely they would have adapted by now to GVE shit tactics and we'd at least be able defend against an injury ravaged opponent

Grimario
We will lose against every opponent that:

Plays deep and compact
Pressures us in our own 18

So, everyone?

Top year this one lads.

boz-monaut

do Zad's "shots" count?

Pico
11-10-2013, 09:23 PM
gee what do you want for $2m

Grimario
11-10-2013, 09:24 PM
I used to buy that but geez, if the blokes were that good surely they would have adapted by now to GVE shit tactics and we'd at least be able defend against an injury ravaged opponent

How exactly do you adapt to a shit tactic? What if the tactic is to push the fullbacks up to the wing and hoof it long? They are doing that flawlessly.

Pico
11-10-2013, 09:24 PM
burns the new brown?

Jeterpool
11-10-2013, 09:26 PM
Nobody's passing to Goody. Must have annoyed the team

Hunter403
11-10-2013, 09:26 PM
Stop now. Give Birra the Player of the Year Award today. He's going to street it in.

This is absolute rubbish. We have no idea on how to move the ball in the final third and our defence is as porous as last year. I bet Jaliens is wondering what the hell he signed on for.

I am so p!55ed off I can't even write about how bad they are.

It's going to be a long, long season and we have little to offer.

Move along please...nothing to see here.

Porett
11-10-2013, 09:27 PM
We will lose against every opponent

Fixed.

Pico
11-10-2013, 09:29 PM
How exactly do you adapt to a shit tactic? What if the tactic is to push the fullbacks up to the wing and hoof it long? They are doing that flawlessly.
fair call, I expect the players to adapt to the opponents pressing and defending, but with the Muppet we have in charge that would probably end with you dropped to the youth league

foti68
11-10-2013, 09:29 PM
Very disappointing

Grimario
11-10-2013, 09:30 PM
fair call, I expect the players to adapt to the opponents pressing and defending, but with the Muppet we have in charge that would probably end with you dropped to the youth league

Ritter didn't bomb forward as much and he didn't get a new contract. Coincidence? I think not.

Portillo
11-10-2013, 09:30 PM
Jaliens looked decent.

Jeterpool
11-10-2013, 09:32 PM
If we spent the same amount of time on tactics and technique as our players have on haircuts, facial hair and tattoos we might have got a result.

I'm struggling to find a positive from this game.

We look the same as last year. Not looking forward, slow ball movement.

Grimario
11-10-2013, 09:34 PM
Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

Jeterpool
11-10-2013, 09:39 PM
Stat on Fox. Jets have never won a game when trailing at half time. That's 59 games...50 losses and 9 draws

Jeterpool
11-10-2013, 09:40 PM
Also we haven't scored in 226 minutes of football

sh10
11-10-2013, 09:46 PM
**** we're shit

Skirt Boy
11-10-2013, 09:51 PM
do Zad's "shots" count?

Did he even have a shot?

weston
11-10-2013, 09:59 PM
If we spent the same amount of time on tactics and technique as our players have on haircuts, facial hair and tattoos we might have got a result.

This.

With this 4-3-3 kind of thing we need 2 full backs who can not only defend, but can overlap the wingers when they tuck in and cross the ball. Gallaway gets forward and tries, but he can't do it. Neville just simpy put, can't do it and doesn't even look like he tries.

Geez I hope Heskey gets back quick and stays fit otherwise Birrighitti's back is going to be smashed to pieces carrying this lot come seasons end.

russjaybee
11-10-2013, 09:59 PM
Goodwin's fk was a shot on target.

Woeful thought. Talk about impotent possession, that was painful to watch. Burn's and Taggart basically not in the game in the first half.

I thought Jaliens wasn't bad.
Why didn't we resign Ritter again?

Emile would have made a big difference in that game...

weston
11-10-2013, 10:03 PM
Burn's and Taggart basically not in the game in the first half.

I can buy the "Burn's isn't 100% fit for another 2 weeks max. Give him a little time. Taggart, well for his to do anything the ball has to get to him and on the ground, not in the air. I'm not surprised he was half asleep when he got the ball there in the second half, with Sydney's defending and our play there wasn't a lot he could do.

stopper2
11-10-2013, 10:54 PM
Before a ball was kicked I was naively optimistic that we were a good chance this season of getting into the top four. It's taken just 93 minutes for reality to hit me like a sledgehammer that it is going to be another season of struggling with the also-rans. Tomorrows fixtures will give a good indication to where we are at with arguably 3 of the top sides on show,

howardyou
11-10-2013, 10:54 PM
Nobody's passing to Goody. Must have annoyed the team

just not "Reading" the game?

q-money
11-10-2013, 11:14 PM
lol, these blokes couldn't even beat their own dicks, let alone sydney's

you have just watched the battle for the wooden spoon

ale del piero does not deserve this

q-money
11-10-2013, 11:16 PM
jaliens is too good for this league. makes the right decision every time...

except for the one to come to the ****ing newcastle jets yeah

The Dunster
11-10-2013, 11:29 PM
Welcome to the abortion. Here we ****ing go again.

q-money
11-10-2013, 11:39 PM
Welcome to the abortion.
:rof:

q-money
11-10-2013, 11:50 PM
i believe a certain public forum identity has made a nuisance of himself, loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

https://twitter.com/Gatty54/status/388625420867751936/photo/1

hawk
12-10-2013, 12:24 AM
Stat on Fox. Jets have never won a game when trailing at half time. That's 59 games...50 losses and 9 draws
this is spineless.

I think we will do ok & only go down by 2.
this is realism. :sigh: we'll go better next year :dry:

seldom
12-10-2013, 12:30 AM
Taggart can't play the lone striker role...Burns will come good imo...young chill still looking like a mouse in a maze (looking forward to pv4s assessment on him). Worst thing bout this game is now Bridges will be cast as our saviour-all aboard

seldom
12-10-2013, 12:42 AM
this is spineless.

this is realism. :sigh: we'll go better next year :dry:

2 ordinary teams tonight...football was the lOOser

militiamon
12-10-2013, 01:25 AM
i believe a certain public forum identity has made a nuisance of himself, loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

hahahahahaha

Worst part is surely getting burnt by Kevin Airs :oops:

militiamon
12-10-2013, 01:25 AM
This + a related video made my night.

MFKS
12-10-2013, 02:19 AM
Some of you ****s need to get some perspective and stop over dramatising things.

We were shit 2 years ago under GVE
We were shit last year under GVE
We were shit in pre season under GVE

Why are some of you shocked we were shit tonight??

The same shit hasn't worked in 3 years and there hasn't been ANY signs of improvement.
What makes you think Rd1 of the season and the miracle water will be doused and we will start playing like the Harlem Globetrotters???

The most irritating part of tonight is Smurfs were that poor they couldn't rack up a score and ramp up the mounting pressure on GVE for us.

What was pleasing in one aspect is the boys kept going to the 90th min and didn't throw in the towel. Our players deserve a ****ing medal for not quitting on that coach of ours. How they keep aiming up when it would be easier to cop a couple of hidings and get rid of him is breathtaking to consider

Good news is a couple more displays like that and Middleby Palmer and Tinks will no choice and will have to do something.

PS On another good news front there is only 26 more weeks of sitting through that shit to look forward to

MFKS
12-10-2013, 03:18 AM
http://www.foxsports.com.au/video?v=newcastle-jets-presser_1226738661293&vc=207

GVE Presser.

Wonder what game he saw cause it don't sound like the one I saw???

Grimario
12-10-2013, 06:57 AM
Some of you ****s need to get some perspective and stop over dramatising things.

We were shit 2 years ago under GVE
We were shit last year under GVE
We were shit in pre season under GVE

Why are some of you shocked we were shit tonight??

The same shit hasn't worked in 3 years and there hasn't been ANY signs of improvement.
What makes you think Rd1 of the season and the miracle water will be doused and we will start playing like the Harlem Globetrotters???

The most irritating part of tonight is Smurfs were that poor they couldn't rack up a score and ramp up the mounting pressure on GVE for us.

What was pleasing in one aspect is the boys kept going to the 90th min and didn't throw in the towel. Our players deserve a ****ing medal for not quitting on that coach of ours. How they keep aiming up when it would be easier to cop a couple of hidings and get rid of him is breathtaking to consider

Good news is a couple more displays like that and Middleby Palmer and Tinks will no choice and will have to do something.

PS On another good news front there is only 26 more weeks of sitting through that shit to look forward to

Because last year despite being shit, and had Sydney's number.
Because they were missing half of their first team.
Because we've beaten 3 a league opposition to finish pre season.
Because hope is all we have left.
Because no one else plays disc golf.
Because I woke up at stupid o'clock to watch the socceroos be awful.

GazFish35
12-10-2013, 07:40 AM

NSFW

Or anywhere really

Superdylan
12-10-2013, 07:52 AM

:lulzturtle:

joel31
12-10-2013, 08:38 AM
Without Kew it would've been more

WolfMan
12-10-2013, 08:48 AM
I've never left a game before the final whistle, but I can tell you I was mighty close last night.

Absolutely woeful on all fronts.

hawk
12-10-2013, 10:13 AM
I've never left a game before the final whistle, but I can tell you I was mighty close last night.

Absolutely woeful on all fronts.

it gets easier

Maito Mitch
12-10-2013, 10:41 AM
Biraz :wub:

Can't wait for the offseason

Hate football

Hate GVE

Hate the drive home

And pre game traffic

The list goes on

Grimario
12-10-2013, 10:51 AM
You should play disc golf instead, mitch. It's in Maitland next month. Trying to drag pv4 out of well.

Football sucks

q-money
12-10-2013, 11:09 AM
agreed birraz :wub:

ForeverRed
12-10-2013, 11:17 AM
Chapman out

q-money
12-10-2013, 11:18 AM
reegz in

Blackmac79
12-10-2013, 11:22 AM
Regan Regan Regan Regan Taylor Regan!

militiamon
12-10-2013, 12:01 PM
Chapman out

reegz in

s*

militiamon
12-10-2013, 12:59 PM
Anyone know if SBS are going to air a replay of this game?

weston
12-10-2013, 01:08 PM
young chill still looking like a mouse in a maze

When other players kick long balls to this guy from the other side of the field you can't realistically expect him to do a lot. That's pretty much all he was given. It's like playing Fifa. Play the long through ball over the top and get the fastest guy on the team to chase it down. Only problem was the long ball at most times was straight at him and the defender cleaned up every time. The bloke is tiny and is not going to win too many headers without kneecapping his opponent first. I don't want to see any long balls used regularly. Last night bar the first 15 minutes (which I would only rate as average with a little glimmer of better things to come) was absolute shit from everyone.

BodyNovo
12-10-2013, 02:12 PM
Tobedog should Marshall our defence imo

Pretty imposing bloke

Premy
12-10-2013, 02:36 PM
Anyone know if SBS are going to air a replay of this game?

3pm Sunday SBS 2

Blackmac79
12-10-2013, 03:31 PM
This + a related video made my night.

Related video?

Blackmac79
12-10-2013, 03:32 PM
And today at 4

militiamon
12-10-2013, 03:43 PM
Related video?

PMed

And cheers for the heads up dawgs.

Sideline
12-10-2013, 03:47 PM
Buy some hardnosed defenders and get rid of these softc&$ks at the back lucky we have birraz and Kew why the Fook can't taylor get a run least he shows some fire and ticker at the back !!!

ohh and ffs why did they ever feel the need to re sign egghead !!!!!!

pv4
12-10-2013, 05:11 PM
I'm going to re-watch it sometime this week to get a better idea of it, as I feel at the games live I miss heaps, but there were a few points I thought were quite noticeable that need work:

GVE has learnt nothing from last season. Our biggest, biggest issue last year was we gave the centre backs a lot of ball (which is fine) but they had at maximum one option to pass to at any time. This is why Mitchell, Ritter (at times), Tiago, etc looked "bad" last season - they had zero options who were closed down instantly, and were made to look like they were playing hospital balls at all times. Then your Rubez or Zenon, who are that solitary option, are under this massive amount of pressure as we're so fxxxing readable, and they look like they turn over the ball too much. How many times last night did Jaliens/Chapman have the ball, Chianese or ADP was closing them down, and the other was closing the other defender down, and we were completely isolated in our own half. Then if we passed it to the free midfielder, he had Carle/Thompson breathing down his neck? If we continue to play a high and wide frontline, with strict instructions not to come find the ball, we're going to concede a squillion goals due to our own errors playing out from the back, exactly like we did last year. VJ must be facepalming so bad at how much GVE hasn't learnt this lesson
Jaliens looks phenomenal. I can't wait for our fans to turn on him just like they did Tiago.
I like both Rubez and Caravella, but they're not working together in a defensive point of view. The amount of times last night, particularly in the first half, that Sydney passed through the MIDDLE of the park, was outrageous. We don't have a screening midfielder that holds his central position and is just a wall. We don't have a Paartalu, a Musialik, even Nick Carle was decent at it for Sydney last night. We have two high-intensity players who follow the ball/player around, and do a decent job at it, but no level-headed screening player to back them up. We don't have a wise defensive head in there. And I can't think of many/anyone in our squad who could do it properly. Maybe Kanta if he grew up, maybe Brillante after a bit of teaching.
Cove looked OK. The call/response song was pretty cool but died down, there was no climax to it.
Some of our supporters should not be wearing the new away kit - the swimsuit feel about it makes their rolls look ridiculous
Gallaway is dreadful. Left back is where we'll get exposed all year if we continue with him.
So much for Baartz's comment about no weaknesses in the squad. We need a left back, a screening mid, a #10 and a better formation/system.
Pepper looks like Nicolas Bendtner
Marc Warren looks like a mixture of Vin Diesel & Carl Barron. Vin Barron!
Thompson's rocket shot reminded me of Jobe. I miss Jobe. He would be a perfect screening mid for us.

My2BobsWorth
12-10-2013, 06:18 PM
Need to see another, but we all know who we needed

militiamon
12-10-2013, 06:26 PM
Watched the replay this afternoon. Could see ****-all at the game so it was a real eye-opener.

In short, we played much better than I thought in keeping the ball and passing it around, but we were absolutely terrible in attack, zero creativity.

Worst player was actually Burns imo. Decision making was poor, touches were poor, passes were wayward. For a position which is critical in linking our two DMs with the forwards, he was definitely not up to it. May get better, but we will see.
Didn't rate Jaliens on the night, but watching the replay he was very, very good, especially in the first half.

boz-monaut
12-10-2013, 06:31 PM
did Burns even touch the ball?

Thomas477
12-10-2013, 06:55 PM
I can see why we didn't do all we could to sign Flores, just set up the scum's first goal with a Brilliante pass.

FFS.

sammydog
12-10-2013, 06:59 PM
The number 10 role is a huge problem. Burns looks to be a good player, but I don't think that role is for him. I'm a fan of bridges, but again don't think the number 10 role is for him either.

No one else in the squad seems to be throwing their hands up, so who knows what will happen there.

Defensive mids, I really think we miss a Jobe/Wehrman style player.

I was pretty happy with Jailens performance, good signing if we can get someone solid beside him.....regan anyone?

But once again, in the attacking third, when we actually got there, no one wanted to shoot. Creativity was non existent and our play was entirely too predicable. Tactically we seem to be rehashing the same garbage that hasn't worked for the last two seasons, can't see why its magically going to work now.

furns
12-10-2013, 07:17 PM
Isnt Taylor actually a DM anyway? Or is that Brilliante?

halo se7en
12-10-2013, 09:08 PM
Jaliens was a rare highlight for me. He had all the composure and experience you could ask for from a mid 30's yr old in this league. Defensively we'll be a lot better this year - it's the front third that's our biggest problem.

furns
12-10-2013, 09:24 PM
I dont think Gary realises his job is on the line - nobody tell him #shhhhhh

MFKS
12-10-2013, 09:25 PM
Jaliens was a rare highlight for me. He had all the composure and experience you could ask for from a mid 30's yr old in this league. Defensively we'll be a lot better this year - it's the front third that's our biggest problem.

Can't believe we can't score goals yet we have a bloke who was top scorer in the NYL last year and bangs goals in for fun on our books and he can't get a look in.

Also subs last night. What is the go with the last one sending on Peppz with 15 mins to go??

No knocking Peppz but we needed goals and creating them/scoring them ain't his area

Surely putting Hooley on and playing him in an attacking role (WHICH IS HIS FORTE) would have been a better idea?? Add that being a young bloke 15 mins with the game out of reach he isn't gonna cost us the game if he stuffed up and the experience playing at HAL level won't hurt him long term either

Not to mention we had already put on Brown and Brillante into midfield already so why put another bloke in that area

????

Grimario
12-10-2013, 09:39 PM
I dont think Gary realises his job is on the line - nobody tell him #shhhhhh

I think Gary realises his job is fine until the end of his contract.

Grimario
12-10-2013, 09:40 PM
Can't believe we can't score goals yet we have a bloke who was top scorer in the NYL last year and bangs goals in for fun on our books and he can't get a look in.

Did we actually create a chance on goal? Not saying Kale isn't the answer but how is he going to be better than Taggart if he gets the same service?

furns
12-10-2013, 09:45 PM
Burns isnt a #10 and Virgili and Goodwin both had bad games choosing shit options giving Taggz nothing to work with.
Not to mention defenders and midfielders booting the ball long to possibly the shortest wingers in the HAL.

Top tactics Gary :dry: