18-09-2013, 03:41 PM
Jets Yoof draw for NYL

Sat - 26-10-13 Away >> AIS
Sun - 03-11-13 Home >> Gypos >> 3pm Wanderers Oval
Sun - 10-11-13 Away >> Adelaide
Sat - 16-11-13 Home >> Perth >> 10am Wanderers Oval
Sat - 23-11-13 Home >> AIS >> 11am Wanderers Oval
Sat - 30-11-13 Away >> Gypos
Sun - 08-12-13 Away >> Victree (prior to HAL at AAMI 2:30pm KO)
Sun - 15-12-13 Home >> Heart >> 10:30am Wanderers Oval
Sat - 21-12-13 Away >> Roar
Sun - 05-01-14 Home >> WSW >> 3pm Wanderers Oval
Sat - 11-01-14 Home >> Smurfs >>12:00pm Wanderers Oval
Sat - 18-01-14 Away >> Heart
Sat - 25-01-14 Away >> Perth
Sun - 02-02-14 Away >> WSW
Sat - 08-02-14 Home >> Adelaide >> 12:00pm Wanderers Oval
Sat - 15-02-14 Home >> Victree >> 10:30 am Wanderers Oval
Sun - 23-02-14 Away >> Smurfs
Sat - 01-03-14 Home >> Roar >> 4:00pm Wanderers Oval

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MFKS
18-09-2013, 03:45 PM
Why so many Saturday early morning games??
Why no Thursday night games??
Why so many games kicking off at obscene hours in the middle of ****ing summer for fans and players to ****ing FRY??
Why no games at Stade de Newy for the young lads??

Middleby OUT

q-money
18-09-2013, 04:26 PM
:rof:

is there a squad for da y00f, sir zinger?

MFKS
18-09-2013, 04:46 PM
:rof:

is there a squad for da y00f, sir zinger?

Mitchell Neville Bridges Brown Galloway and BK are gonna be cornerstones of it :roflz::sparring:

Superdylan
25-09-2013, 02:59 AM
Highlight of the season

Our youth game against the coast away we play sydney fc at the sfs that night. Would be awesome to get as many people to that one to start the days festivities off :)

Premy
25-09-2013, 06:47 AM
Got a link to the draw???

Zico
25-09-2013, 07:44 AM
Why so many Saturday early morning games??
Why no Thursday night games??
Why so many games kicking off at obscene hours in the middle of ****ing summer for fans and players to ****ing FRY??
Why no games at Stade de Newy for the young lads??

Middleby OUT
Im shaking my head as I'm actualy with you on this one. This draw is poor.

Premy
25-09-2013, 08:34 AM
Saturday 2nd Nov Jets V CCM Hunter Stadium 7:30
Sunday 3rd Nov Jets V CCM Wanderers 3:00

Sunday 8th Dec Victory V Jets Ammi park 5:00
Sunday 8th Dec Victory V Jets Ammi park 2:30

Saturday 1st Feb Jets V WSW Hunter Stadium 7:30
Sunday 2nd Feb WSW V Jets Campbelltown Stadium 6:00

Saturday 23rd Feb Jets V SFC Hunter Stadium 5:30
Sunday 24th Feb SFC V Jets Win Jublee Kograh 3:00

MFKS
14-10-2013, 04:27 PM
ETS coach Clayton Zane is confident a hit-out against the Australian Institute of Sport at Adamstown Oval on Wednesday will be enough to finalise preparations for the National Youth League campaign.

The Jets youth, boosted by senior squad members Ben Kantarovski, Josh Brillante, Josh Mitchell, Taylor Regan, Ben Kennedy, Jacob Pepper and Andrew Hoole, went down 3-2 to Western Sydney Wanderers at Adamstown Oval on Saturday.
See your ad here

Most of the senior players played half a game.

Kantarovski scored a rare goal with a superb long-range effort before Hoole sent a scare through the camp when up-ended challenging for a header early in the second half.

Hoole, deployed as a right back, got flipped over and landed awkwardly on his back. He was replaced but has been cleared of major damage.

‘‘Hooley was probably the pick of the players in terms of consistency before he went off,’’ Zane said.

‘‘As you would expect, first half we controlled the game.

‘‘We created numerous chances and should have been a couple of goals up.

‘‘We put quite a few young ones on in the second half. It was more like a genuine youth match.

‘‘It was 2-2, and then they scored on the bell.’’

Kale Bradbery :deadhorse:scored the Jets’ second.

The Jets open the season against the AIS in Canberra on October 26.

‘‘It seems like a short preparation but we had a couple of internal trials with the senior team and have got minutes into their legs,’’ Zane said.

‘‘Like most A-League clubs we have gone for a young squad with an emphasis on development.’’
See your ad here

The game against the AIS kicks off at 4.30pm.

Kale:fap: still banging them in and GVE reckons he needs goals and won't pick him

Imyourhero
14-10-2013, 04:33 PM
Would love to see some games held before the senior games, i honestly feel you could draw some good crowds for the double match.

MFKS
14-10-2013, 06:07 PM
Would love to see some games held before the senior games, i honestly feel you could draw some good crowds for the double match.

You do realise the games at Wanderers Oval cost nothing to attend??

Yep just drive over pull up and stroll in watch as much or as little of the game as you want and go when you want

The only reason they don't get more of a crowd is the lack of publicity and the apathy from most fans who couldn't be arsed

Imyourhero
14-10-2013, 08:52 PM
You do realise the games at Wanderers Oval cost nothing to attend??

Yep just drive over pull up and stroll in watch as much or as little of the game as you want and go when you want

The only reason they don't get more of a crowd is the lack of publicity and the apathy from most fans who couldn't be arsed

This takes effort!
Im sure even the players wouldn't mind having a run on the stadium pitch!

MFKS
14-10-2013, 08:55 PM
This takes effort!
Im sure even the players wouldn't mind having a run on the stadium pitch!

And the cost of paying Staff/Security etc so the stadium is open for another couple of hours for an NYL game is the main factor. Wanderers Oval would be costing the Jets next to nothing to get access to

Imyourhero
14-10-2013, 09:58 PM
Yeah ok sorry, terrible idea to have the "future" Newcastle Jets youth players play at their clubs "home" ground in front of people who have come to watch their hometown team. I don't know about you but if i knew that quite possibly the senior players who in theory i should idolise were watching me play and most likely a larger crowd than what would turn out to wanderers that i would lift my game and look to impress more than usual.

I sincerely hope that for the sake of the club that the main reason is that they simply can't afford the extra cost.

Local Rules
15-10-2013, 09:41 AM
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/1837977/jets-youth-prepare-for-national-league/?cs=306

So we are preparing the Jets Youth team for the upcoming season by playing 7 of the first squad in a trial game and giving the actual Youth Squad about half a game. Is this going to be the same in the actual season? Why isn't the Jets Youth an actual youth team rather then an excuse to keep the non playing members of the first squad match fit?

15-10-2013, 10:10 AM
^ Have you seen our results , need all the practice they can get.

MFKS
15-10-2013, 10:16 AM
Yeah ok sorry, terrible idea to have the "future" Newcastle Jets youth players play at their clubs "home" ground in front of people who have come to watch their hometown team. I don't know about you but if i knew that quite possibly the senior players who in theory i should idolise were watching me play and most likely a larger crowd than what would turn out to wanderers that i would lift my game and look to impress more than usual.

I sincerely hope that for the sake of the club that the main reason is that they simply can't afford the extra cost.

I think you will find most of the HAL Squad players are at Wanderers Oval watching anyways:blush:

I think the extra costs for the security/police/power etc and whatever else costs to have the stadium are the major reason for the not playing games there

MFKS
14-11-2013, 12:03 PM
Sat - 16-11-13 Home >> Perth >> 10am Wanderers Oval

Game on this Saturday.

Kale due to score.:fap:

Poor ****er has hit the woodwork the last couple of games

Superdylan
15-11-2013, 03:08 PM
Another 10am game ffs :( will attend though!

evolution
16-11-2013, 10:12 AM
1-1 after 10 minutes.

Kale Bradberry scored for da yoof, no sign of MFKS fapping in the stands.

evolution
16-11-2013, 10:34 AM
Chilli makes it 2-1 after about 30. Goalkeeper should have done a lot better.

evolution
16-11-2013, 11:50 AM
Finished 6-1. Bradberry, Chilli (2), Gibbs (2) and Tom Waller (I think!).

Grimario
16-11-2013, 11:58 AM
Cheers for the updates :beer:

Jets once again not bothering with twitter updates for NYL.

Superdylan
16-11-2013, 12:09 PM
Sounds good, great win. Would have attended but was up way too late last night.

evolution
16-11-2013, 01:55 PM
Yoof played well but it was against a very poor Perth side. Glory had absolutely no midfield, forwards very isolated all game. Jets were thus able to dominate in the centre of the park and pushed forward well, Virgili getting in behind easily and showing he is a level above the Youth League. Jet's RB (think they were calling him Nicky) worked great with Virgili causing loads of problems.

Gibbs' second goal was a thing of beauty. Don't even care if he didn't mean it. Backheel overhead flick on the edge of the box, ran on it and scored. Magic.

Jets defence wasn't tested greatly but was shaky when they were. Goal came from a defensive **** up that put their striker one-on-one with Solari.

Still, can't complain with a 6-1 win. Think they play the AIS at home next week.

MFKS
16-11-2013, 02:18 PM
Yoof played well but it was against a very poor Perth side. Glory had absolutely no midfield, forwards very isolated all game. Jets were thus able to dominate in the centre of the park and pushed forward well, Virgili getting in behind easily and showing he is a level above the Youth League. Jet's RB (think they were calling him Nicky) worked great with Virgili causing loads of problems.

Gibbs' second goal was a thing of beauty. Don't even care if he didn't mean it. Backheel overhead flick on the edge of the box, ran on it and scored. Magic.

Jets defence wasn't tested greatly but was shaky when they were. Goal came from a defensive **** up that put their striker one-on-one with Solari.

Still, can't complain with a 6-1 win. Think they play the AIS at home next week.

Agree with the assessment Perth were shit. Jets Yoof RB was Michael Finlayson and they were calling him Micky not Nicky

Great finish for Kales goal :fap:(I was fapping on the inside) but he ****ed up at least another two chances he should have done much better with in the second half . Did set up Chillis 2nd and Gibbs first though with great balls. Only 6/10 on the fapfest metre

Chilli also hit the bar and post with the keeper well beaten and could have had 4 goals easy. Bloke is dead set too good for this level but his play at times is infuriating. Takes the extra touches when he shouldn't and when he should put the after burners on and take his man on gives the ball to a teammate.

Gibbs 2nd goal was a ****ing miracle play worthy of a greater audience. That being said the bloke is shit and it is a disgrace we have him on our books. He butchered a tap in the first half:redcard:

Defence was at times piss poor. Goal conceded was shit with Cowburn committing to a challenge 35- yards out and losing out. Even then the chance should have been nullified by his CD partner except it was Josh I am a slow **** Mitchell who was way too ****ing slow.

2nd half was a ****ing farce really with Perth throwing in the towel and barely getting into Jets final 3rd. I am still stunned at how poorly they aimed up on the Jets standard 4-3-3 possession shit and made us look like Barca

militiamon
16-11-2013, 03:28 PM
Great finish for Kales goal :fap:(I was fapping on the inside) but he ****ed up at least another two chances he should have done much better with in the second half . Did set up Chillis 2nd and Gibbs first though with great balls. Only 6/10 on the fapfest metre

http://i.imgur.com/sb7LSDP.png

MFKS
16-11-2013, 03:41 PM

FFS :yay::rof:

evolution
16-11-2013, 04:43 PM
Foz has been back less than a week and it's already hit it's peak hahaha! :lulzturtle:

Grimario
16-11-2013, 04:48 PM
Ahahaah, jesus christ.

Superdylan
16-11-2013, 05:24 PM
Trololol

Jeterpool
16-11-2013, 05:30 PM
Hilarious.

front2
17-11-2013, 12:08 AM
MFKS & evolution are spot on with Virgili game. Definitely a class above. Perth were absolute shiit. My head clogs thinking of the flight and accommodation expenses for Perth if todays circus is the norm. In Perfs defence I only watched the second half of the match. But by no stretch am I saying the Jets were put under any pressure.

On a side note. I was informed at the entrance that from now on unless you are a member?? or have Jets membership with you; you will be charged $5 entry for home fixtures at Wanderers.

MFKS
17-11-2013, 02:21 PM
MFKS & evolution are spot on with Virgili game. Definitely a class above. Perth were absolute shiit. My head clogs thinking of the flight and accommodation expenses for Perth if todays circus is the norm. In Perfs defence I only watched the second half of the match. But by no stretch am I saying the Jets were put under any pressure.

On a side note. I was informed at the entrance that from now on unless you are a member?? or have Jets membership with you; you will be charged $5 entry for home fixtures at Wanderers.

Do what I done and told them it was in the car. Got waved through. Either that or jump the fence. Not like it is that high or manned

MFKS
21-11-2013, 11:53 AM
Sat - 23-11-13 Home >> AIS >> 11am Wanderers Oval

Not gonna be able to make it so the Kale Fapfest Meter will have to be deployed in my abscence

militiamon
21-11-2013, 12:05 PM
:(

Was hoping we might be able to get it to Kale's crotch.

plague
21-11-2013, 12:11 PM

you are a funny, funny man.
Brilliant.

MFKS
21-11-2013, 12:26 PM
:(

Was hoping we might be able to get it to Kale's crotch.

So whos going?? And who is willing to take on the duty of Fapfest meter judge in my absence????

Your only responsibility is to give a rating on Kale out of 10 and pass it on to Militia to update the Fapfest Meter

joel31
23-11-2013, 06:28 PM
Jets win 6-3 against AIS. Virgili got a hat-trick and an assist should've had more. Kale got a goal, an assist and won a penalty. Ox scored from a corner. Gibbs scored from a penalty.

Future scum and top talent scored Kalik 2 for AIS, Smith scored the other.

Kale was ok in first half but did really well in second 8/10

front2
24-11-2013, 12:38 AM
Jets win 6-3 against AIS. Virgili got a hat-trick and an assist should've had more. Kale got a goal, an assist and won a penalty. Ox scored from a corner. Gibbs scored from a penalty.

Future scum and top talent scored Kalik 2 for AIS, Smith scored the other.

Kale was ok in first half but did really well in second 8/10

You must be jokink joel31. Virgili made Kale look two times the player he is. Almost to the point of a game being scripted. Kale 4/10 :)

joel31
24-11-2013, 07:27 AM
You must be jokink joel31. Virgili made Kale look two times the player he is. Almost to the point of a game being scripted. Kale 4/10 :)
It was a typo I meant 7/10. I know his goal was easy but he did well to assist Virgili and win the penalty

Imyourhero
24-11-2013, 09:41 AM
lets be realistic Kale will never play any higher than youth. Despite being a solid player in the goalscoring department he just doesn't have thay special factor that pushes him over the lime, who knows it could something as simple as having a shit attitude towards training/coaches/teammates

Brandon166
24-11-2013, 02:26 PM
HA, you have got to be the one whose joking? Have you even been watching the games, virgilli has made many mistakes and has way too many chances the only thing going through that mind of his is me me me me. Are you forgetting that kale was the one who set him up with almost all
of his goals the last 2 games instead of thinking about himself he looks to give everyone else a chance. He also scored a goal and won a penalty so id say his more deserving then a 4/10 mate.

The Dunster
24-11-2013, 03:15 PM
Kale Patafta :tongue: Nah, totally different type of player but definitely viewed in the same light by the manager.

MFKS
24-11-2013, 09:56 PM
Look at these blokes arguing about the Kale Fapfest meter :roflz:

MFKS
30-11-2013, 01:52 PM
We Hate Coast Scum

FT JETS YOOF 3 COAST SCUM 1

Decided to drive down to the Centre of Excellence for Coast Scum and take in the game. First thing to note is the place smells like shit as there is a sewerage works over the back. Second thing of note is that PV4 has his own reserved carpark in the place. Third thing of note is the place is a ****ing hole and I have no idea why PV4 faps about it

Jets included Mitchell and Goodwin with the kids and the Gypos had Fitzgerald Kwasnik Sterjovski and Anderson with their kids

Jets dominated first half and deservedly took a 2-0 lead into the break. Jets come out of the blocks well with Goodwin firing a freekick over the bar and Joey Gibbs seeing a 20 yrd strike richochet off the post inside the first 5 mins. After about 10 mins Kale through on goal and shot from edge of box drawing a great save from keeper. 15 mins in and it was 1-0 to Jets. Kale nipped in pilfered a backpass to the keeper, rounded him and slotted into the net. Very good finish from the lad as he was about 8 metres from the goalline and 18 yards out and slotted into the empty net when many would have blazed wide/side netting etc
Composure champion

Rest of the half meandered on with the Jets well in control and Gypos barely in our box. Jets kept flashing 1/4 chances at goal. they weren't really even chances. With about 10 mins before halftime a cross was floated to the back post where Pavicovic nearly pulled off a great goal where he struck it near post on the volley and nearly caught the keeper out as everyone was expecting the ball to be centred. Keeper done well to push out from a corner.

From the resulting corner 2-0 Jets with Pavicovic finding the net. Corner not dealt with and ball fell to Rad about 10 yards out and he lashed it home.

Second half was pretty even with little goalmouth action until Zane decided to **** things up for us. For some reason after Mitchell was subbed after 60 mins for the ,long awaited return of Mitchka Cooper the reshuffle seen Rad Pavicovic at RB. Why this happened is beyond me as rad can't tackle/defend. Anyways it gave the Gypos a springboard with their left winger reaping the space to fashion some chances. Eventually he laid one onto the head of Kwasnick fom about 3 yards out and even that hack couldn't **** it up. A few mins later Kwasnick was through and running at goal. Solari stood up and made a great save reminiscent of the great Birraz to cover himself in glory. Well done son

Mariners forced a series of corners with some great work again by Solari to keep the Gypos out on 2 occassions. From the 4th corner he plucked it out of the air and quickly released Kale. Now this could have been the greatest moment ever for the fapfest metre. Kale picked up the ball 25 yards out from goal and ran at the Coastie Scum Bloke glided past 1-2-3-4 and got about 30 yards out. Now instead of hitting the ball with the outside of his foot into the top corner ala Griffo from that game V adelaide years ago where Griffo went the length of the pitch and Nicky Carle ran interference for him kale laid the ball off to his onrushing teammate Bilic. Bilic with the goal at his mercy butchered an even better chance than what Zads butchered V Heart last weekend by smashing it weakly wide of the gaping goal.

Last 10 mins we controlled the game and in Injury time Mitchka cooper celebrated his return to after his knee reco by bagging 3rd. ball to the tp of the box on the back post found Mitchka. Defender held him up and jockeyed as there was **** all on. Mitchka through in a swerve dummyand a jig to open up a yard of space for himself. With that he cracked it right foot into the bottom corner across the keeper. Great goal manufactured out of nothing. Barely kicked off before 3-1 and the ref blew FT

Now for the all important Fapfest metre rating. I am going for a 6/10 Kale needs to do a lot more. He made some great turns, set up play well, took his goal with class but he needs to be more involved for the vast majority of the game. Militia do your thing

sh10
30-11-2013, 02:01 PM

This needs to be quoted again

30-11-2013, 02:58 PM
Great for Cooper, do his confidence world of good

plague
30-11-2013, 05:58 PM
We Hate Coast Scum

FT JETS YOOF 3 COAST SCUM 1

Decided to drive down to the Centre of Excellence for Coast Scum and take in the game. First thing to note is the place smells like shit as there is a sewerage works over the back. Second thing of note is that PV4 has his own reserved carpark in the place. Third thing of note is the place is a ****ing hole and I have no idea why PV4 faps about it

I got this far in before losing my shit.
Well in Member.

MFKS
08-12-2013, 08:18 PM
Newcastle have claimed their fourth straight Foxtel National Youth League win with a come-from-behind 2-1 victory over the Melbourne Victory on Sunday.

Fringe first-team players Joey Gibbs and James Virgili scored first-half goals for the Jets at AAMI Park.

The lively Francesco Stella had given the Victory a 14th-minute lead and they looked the better side until midway through the first half.

Both teams found plenty of space in the opening exchanges before Stella scored in fine style after 14 minutes.

The forward skipped past a couple of markers and saw his 20-yard effort take a deflection, leaving Jets goalkeeper John Solari helpless.

It was Stella who threatened again two minutes later and again his shot – this time from inside the area – was deflected, but hit the post and bounced out.

Christopher Cristaldo pounced on the rebound but could only hit the side-netting from a tight angle.

Stella was lively in the opening 20 minutes and had the ball in the net again, but his placed effort into the bottom corner was cancelled out for offside.

The visitors had few chances but took one of their rare opportunities when it fell on 35 minutes.

Virgili's deflected cross from the right found Gibbs inside the area and the former Western Sydney striker nodded in from close range.

Just five minutes later and the Jets were ahead thanks to Virgili.

Veteran Michael Bridges played the winger behind through the heart of the Victory defence and Virgili rounded goalkeeper Keegan Coulter before sliding his effort into an open net for his sixth youth league goal of the campaign.

Stella was at the centre of the Victory's best chance to equalise 10 minutes into the second half.

His through ball released Cristaldo down the right, but the attacker's side-footed shot was well saved.

With 18 minutes remaining, Mitchell Oxborrow almost doubled the Jets' lead but had his shot from inside the area kept out by Coulter's feet.

Cristaldo wasted a fantastic one-on-one opportunity with a quarter of an hour to play.

Jesse Makarounas' 25-yard free-kick with two minutes to play – palmed away by a diving Solari – was the closest the Victory came to equalising in the dying minutes.

Melbourne Victory 1 (Stella 14)
Newcastle Jets 2 (Gibbs 35, Virgili 40)
@ AAMI Park

Melbourne Victory
1. Keegan Coulter, 3. Milos Ridesic, 4. James Karvelis (2. Christian Cavallo 59), 5. Dylan Murnane, 6. Jordan Brown (12. Anthony Duzel 59), 7. Christopher Cristaldo, 8. Luc Jeggo (c), 9. Jesse Makarounas, 11. Anthony Proia (10. John Buceto 59), 16. Scott Galloway, 18. Francesco Stella
Unused sub: 20. Gian Tapia

Newcastle Jets
1. John Solari, 2. Michael Finlayson (Willis Nadfalusi 59), 3. Connor Chapman, 4. Nicholas Cowburn, 5. Matthew Bilic, 6. Zenon Caravella, 7. James Virgili, 8. Mitchell Oxborrow, 9. Michael Bridges (c) (14. Mitch Cooper 59), 10. Joey Gibbs (12. Michael Kantarovski 59), 11. Kale Bradbery
Unused sub: 20. Adam Pearce

Yellow Cards: Zenon Caravella (87)
Red Cards:.

MFKS
13-12-2013, 02:49 PM
Game on Sunday- 15-12-13 Home >> Heart >> 10:30am Wanderers Oval

outsider
15-12-2013, 12:56 PM
Will be very interested to see Bradbery meter today.Very average

joel31
15-12-2013, 05:27 PM
Will be very interested to see Bradbery meter today.Very average
MFKS will still find something to fap about

prawnhead
15-12-2013, 10:32 PM
MFKS will still find something to fap about

In regards to Kale - quite simply he does not have the ability to progress any further at this level.

MFKS
16-12-2013, 10:10 PM
In regards to Kale - quite simply he does not have the ability to progress any further at this level.

Plays like he did yesterday and you are bang on the money.

Poor game from the Jets with heart deserving more than what they got.

Wouldn't give Kale more than 3/10 on the Fapfest metre and even then I am feeling generous

militiamon
16-12-2013, 10:39 PM
Almost getting into the infamous "Selfie Zone". Sad to hear.
Let's hope he's back up to groin or even shirtless beach levels next game.

Go Kale!

MFKS
21-12-2013, 08:57 PM
The lively Bradbery had the ball in the back of the net for Newcastle with less than 10 minutes remaining, but he was adjudged to have been marginally offside when Mitchell Oxborrow crossed the ball.[/COLOR]

Bradbery would have one more gilt-edged chance, but sliced his shot from Nicholas Cowburn's cross wide from close range, as the game opened up in the dying minutes.

Acton was forced to make one more sensational save deep into injury time when Lundy cracked in an effort from wide on the right.

Brisbane Roar 2 (Borrello 57, 61)
Newcastle Jets 2 (Goodwin 45+2, Cooper 49)

Brisbane Roar: 20. Matt Acton (gk), 2. Diogo Ferreira, 3. Jordon Lampard, 4. Lachlan Jackson, 5. Jade North (15. Sam Cronin 60), 6. Benjamin Liftin (c) (14. Mitchell Hore 60), 7. Jai Ingham, 9. Samed Altundag (12. Shannon Brady 30), 10. Devante Clut, 11. Brandon Borrello, 16. Patrick Theodore

Newcastle Jets: 1. Ben Kennedy (gk), 2. Michael Finlayson, 3. Connor Chapman, 4. Nicholas Cowburn, 5. Matthew Bilic, 6. Mitchell Oxborrow, 7. Kale Bradbery, 8. Zennon Caravella (c) (13. Thomas Waller 58), 9. Joey Gibbs, 10. Mitch Cooper (14. Brandon Lundy 58), 11. Craig Goodwin (12. Michael Kantarovski 58)
]

****ing dis grace

Tommyjet
22-12-2013, 07:28 AM
Has Bradbury been playing on the left with Gibbs up front this season?

joel31
22-12-2013, 07:37 AM
In the one game I saw Gibbs was playing in behind Bradbery as far as I remember

MFKS
22-12-2013, 08:02 AM

Depending on who's playing in the Yoofs

Kale will usually be striker 1st left side attacker 2nd right side attacker 3rd in that order of preference

Mostly been up front with some fair time on the left though

Gibbs has been playing a fair bit of no 10 in behind Kale

Tommyjet
22-12-2013, 10:46 AM
Cheers, do you think if he were to make it to a league level it would be as a wide attacker? Too slight a frame to be up top?

MFKS
04-01-2014, 07:34 AM
Game on Sunday - 05-01-14 Home >> WSW >> 3pm Wanderers Oval

Not able to go. RBB to rip flares??

joel31
05-01-2014, 05:09 PM
Who won?

MFKS
06-01-2014, 07:46 AM
Newcastle have held off a fast-finishing Western Sydney to register an exciting 4-3 win in their Foxtel National Youth League Round 10 fixture at Wanderers Oval on Sunday afternoon.

The Jets took a 1-0 lead into half-time and looked to have sealed the contest when they went 3-0 ahead midway through the second stanza, but the Wanderers staged a spirited late comeback to ensure a thrilling finish.

The match began in warm, blustery conditions and it was the home side that started the better. Striker Kale Bradbery had the first chance when he propped inside the box but curled his shot just outside the far post before Mitch Cooper fired over the crossbar from the edge of the area.

The Wanderers worked their way into the match mainly through livewire winger Alusine Fofannah, who was causing the Jets' right-hand defence plenty of problems with his pace.

Newcastle goalkeeper John Solari was called into action pulling off a fantastic diving save to deny a goal-bound header from Daniel Alessi from a corner and moments later the Jets custodian did well to deny Fofannah who had weaved his way into the box and fired a low shot towards the near post.

The Jets took the lead with a well-worked play that saw right winger Radovan Pavicevic sprint onto a nice through ball and into the penalty area before calmly steering a low shot into the far corner of the net for a 1-0 lead.

Newcastle were dealt a body blow just before half-time when Cooper was brought down in a rough challenge from Yanni Perkatis and in the process the Jets forward suffered a potentially serious knee injury that saw him helped from the field as the home side went to the break leading 1-0.

The Jets increased their lead midway through the second half when Mitchell Oxborrow swung a free kick into the box that was helped by the wind to go over the head of substitute goalkeeper Thomas Manos and into the top corner of the net.

Newcastle added another goal just moments later when Bradbery did well to get on the end of a long ball and scoot into the box where he fired a low shot under Manos and into the far corner to make it 3-0.

The Wanderers pulled one back just a minute later when Nicholas Olsen fired a low shot to the bottom of the far corner to make it 3-1.

Newcastle looked to have sealed the contest when Bradbery scored his second goal four minutes from full-time when he took a cross from Pavicevic and showed great footwork and skill to poke home at the near post to make it 4-1.

To their credit the Wanderers never gave up and they made it 4-2 when skipper Jake McGing was on the end of a lovely cross from James Baldacchino to steer it in at the back post.

The visitors ensured a thrilling final few moments for the Newcastle crowd when substitute Sean Symons fired a sizzling shot from just inside the box that flew into the top corner of the net to make it 4-3 in injury time.

But the Jets held on for the final few moments to ensure they took all three points.

Newcastle Jets 4(Pavicevic 32, Oxborrow 72, Bradbery 76, 86)
Western Sydney Wanderers 3 (Olsen 77, McGing 90, Symons 90+2)

Newcastle Jets
1. John Solari (20. Andrew Pearce ) 2. Michael Finlayson, (12. Willis Nadfalusi 46min), 3. Thomas Whiteside, 4. Nicolas Cowburn (capt), Matthew Bilic, 6. Mitchell Oxborrow, 7. Radovan Pavicevic, 8. Michael Kantarovski, 9. Kale Bradbery, 10. Mitch Cooper (13. Andrew Pawiak 40min), 11. Brandon Lundy (14. Thomas Waller 57min).

Western Sydney Wanderers
20. Blake Tuxford (1.Thomas Manos 46min), 2. Shanye D 'Cuna, 3. Daniel Alessi, 4. Brendan Hooper, 5. Nic Olsen, 6. Jake McGing, 7. Lawrence Hanna,(13. Sean Symons 46min), 8. Yianni Perkatis, 9. Mark Cindric, (12. James Baldacchino 60min), 10. Joshua Barresi, (14. Jaushua Sotiro 46min), 11. Alusine Fofanah.

Not good news about Mitchka

On another note sounds like the Kale Fapfest metre was approaching his groin :fap:

06-01-2014, 10:31 AM
Yeh lets hope for the best for Cooper, be a bloody shame to see the kid have to go through another ACL.

front2
06-01-2014, 10:15 PM
So with the exodus of players/over age etc, will we see the Jets draw on local talents to fill the gaps in youth league?

Jeterpool
07-01-2014, 08:37 AM
Yeh lets hope for the best for Cooper, be a bloody shame to see the kid have to go through another ACL.

Word in the paper today said that he is likely to need a second knee reconstruction.

stopper2
08-01-2014, 08:31 PM
So with the exodus of players/over age etc, will we see the Jets draw on local talents to fill the gaps in youth league?
You would think they would use the younger lads in the Youth side or call up some of the train-on squad members if required

MFKS
10-01-2014, 01:33 PM
Sat - 11-01-14 Home >> Smurfs >>12:00pm Wanderers Oval

Jets 2nd V Smurfs 1st

Jets 7 points behind league leaders.

Time to step up to the plate boys

MFKS
11-01-2014, 11:52 AM
Game not on today.

Tomorrow at 3pm

Waste time drive over to Wanderers and no **** there

At least we sign Griffo

Superdylan
11-01-2014, 11:55 AM
Ahh why a midday game after a night fixture. Surely 5pm would be better.

The Dunster
12-01-2014, 05:38 PM
I'm looking forward to the members assessment of todays 3-0 loss to Sydney FC.
Kale was absolute aids today and I don't think he's going to be playing at a higher level anytime soon.

MFKS
12-01-2014, 06:43 PM
Aids is a strong assessment. Bloke put on some nice touches here and there had a few shots blocked. Wasn't his day but it wasn't like he ****ed that much up

Good game for the first half Jets shading it hitting the bar twice. Second half the Smurfs slowly gained control and took the lead and then continued to tighten their grip on the game before running away late.

Thought it was more of a reflection as to how soft the Emerging Jets teams are. There was a good battle on with the game there for the taking. We just gave in first.

front2
12-01-2014, 09:34 PM
Head injury to Gibbs? I saw an ambulance leave the ground. Hope he is ok.

MFKS
13-01-2014, 09:07 AM
Head injury to Gibbs? I saw an ambulance leave the ground. Hope he is ok.

Nothing a few stitches won't fix.

Went up for a ball and come down with claret streaming out of a facial cut.

He will be fine

The Dunster
13-01-2014, 09:44 AM
Aids is a strong assessment. Bloke put on some nice touches here and there had a few shots blocked. Wasn't his day but it wasn't like he ****ed that much up

He lost the ball more often than he held on to it, most of his passes went to SFC players. Definetly not his day. In his defence though, he was playing a lot of the game back to goal. He looked a lot sharper when he had Gibbs alongside him.

Hate to say it but Gibbs is a good footballer. Not A-league standard, but definetly one of the better players at NYL level.

MFKS
18-01-2014, 09:19 PM
Melbourne Heart and Newcastle Jets have fought out a dour 0-0 draw in the Foxtel National Youth League at Epping Stadium on Saturday.

Ross Archibald struck the crossbar with a header late in the first half with the Jets' Radovan Pavicevic failing to bury a rebound just after the second half resumed.

The possession was shared in the first half with neither team able to create significant openings until the latter stage of the period.

Heart were the better side in the second-half but could not quite breach the goal with Jets' keeper Ben Kennedy in quality form.

After a chanceless opening 15 minutes, Jets' midfielder Mitch Oxborrow had the first strike of the game with his curling shot saved by the well-positioned Tando Velaphi.

Paulo Retre was pulling the strings for Heart in midfield and soon after narrowly missing a header in the six-yard box, the playmaker was involved in releasing Gol Gol Mebrahtu, who saw his pull back blasted over the bar by Marcus Schroen.

Newcastle's Kennedy has plenty of A-League goalkeeping experience which was demonstrated by a superb diving save from Jonatan Germano's scorching strike on 39 minutes.

As half-time approached, Heart's Archibald had a pair of golden chances; first blasting the ball over the bar after a goalmouth scramble before striking the crossbar with a looping header from Mebrahtu's corner.

The Jets had their best chance of the game straight after the restart as Oxborrow had his shot parried by Velaphi before the former Melbourne Victory goalkeeper clawed the ball off the line when Radovan Pavicevic attempted to side foot the rebound in.

Midway through the second-half, Matthew Bilic should have put the Jets ahead as he sprinted through on goal after a long ball but could only slot his shot just wide of the far post.

Mebrahtu was a constant threat to the Jets defence with his lay-off to Alex Dao resulting in a shot inches wide of the post before forcing Kennedy into a point-blank save with 10 minutes to play.

Heart did have one last chance to break the deadlock with substitute Stipo Andrijasevic clear header going straight at Kennedy in second-half stoppage time.

A point for both side's sees the Jets remain in second position, 10 points behind leaders Sydney FC while Heart stay in seventh position, one point adrift of the sixth-placed Western Sydney Wanderers.

Melbourne Heart 0
Newcastle Jets 0

Melbourne Heart: 1. Tando Velaphi (GK), 2. Jeremy Walker (12. Stipo Andrijasevic 62'), 3. Philip Petreski (C), 4. Andrew Mullett, 5. Ross Archibald, 8. Paulo Retre, 10. Marcus Schroen (9, Luke O'Dea 61'), 11. Gol Gol Mebrahtu, 13. Jonatan Germano (6. Alex Dao 62'), 14. Ersin Kaya, 15. Sam Mitchinson

Newcastle Jets: 1. Ben Kennedy (GK), 2. Mitch Finlayson, 3. Thomas Whiteside, 4. Josh Mitchell (C), 5. Matthew Bilic, 6. Mitch Oxborrow, 7. Radovan Pavicevic, 8. Nicholas Cowburn, 9. Kale Bradbery, 10. Thomas Waller (14. Andrew Pawiak 41'), 11. Brandon Lundy (12. Ben Hay 60').

MFKS
25-01-2014, 12:08 AM
JETS youth team assistant coach James Pascoe is banking on dynamic duo James Virgili and Kale Bradbery to cause problems for a makeshift Glory defence in Perth today.

The Glory are without regular centre backs Alexander Castiello and Mark Barnett, who were sent off in the 5-0 loss to Brisbane Roar.
See your ad here

Virgili started on the right wing in the A-League squad's 3-1 loss to Melbourne Heart last round and has been sent to Perth to regain confidence.

"James is travelling and will play as a No.10. In among the group we have, that is where he will fit best," Pascoe said.

"The other bonus is that their two central defenders from last week were sent off.

"If we can get Kale and James, who are both flyers, running at makeshift defenders, I'm confident we can get some joy."

The Jets have dropped to third place, a point behind Melbourne Victory, after picking up a point from their past two games, a 3-0 loss to Sydney and scoreless draw with Melbourne Heart.

Perth are second last on six points.

"It's our first trip to Perth, which is always a bit difficult with the time difference," Pascoe said. "In saying that, the last two years we have come away with a win.

"A result is extremely important. We have aspirations to finish in the top two and need three points here.

"First and second meet in the grand final. If you finish third or fourth, you may as well be ninth and 10th."

Apart from Virgili, Michael Kantarovski (illness) and Mitch Oxborrow (suspension) return to bolster the midfield, forcing a return to defence for Nick Cowburn.

"That is the beauty of having someone as versatile as Nick," Pascoe said.

"He is a good technician with the ball so you know you are going to get some good football content out of him, whether he is at centre back or a little further forward."

Considering the other day I called a spade a spade and said Kale has been less than great this season **** these ****s at Jets HQ have been talking him up this week

Imyourhero
25-01-2014, 08:10 AM
im thinking you will see a turn around in Kale's performances especially if he has the right attitude. Zane in charge of the first team may be his last chance to push for senior appearances.

MFKS
25-01-2014, 12:33 PM
im thinking you will see a turn around in Kale's performances especially if he has the right attitude. Zane in charge of the first team may be his last chance to push for senior appearances.

Fully expect not just him to improve but many other in our squad. Many will see a chance to push forward with a new boss in charge

Brandon166
25-01-2014, 06:11 PM
They won 6-2 against perth and kale scored a Hat-trick

Thomas477
25-01-2014, 11:40 PM
Kalemeter rating?

MFKS
26-01-2014, 12:09 AM
Kale Bradbery scored a hat-trick in Newcastle's 6-2 win over Perth Glory in the Foxtel National Youth League match at Intiga Stadium on Saturday.

Bradbery scored twice in the first half and capped off a memorable match with a third goal and his team's sixth midway through the second.

Mitchell Oxborrow, Radovan Pavicevic and James Virgili also found the back of the net for the victorious Jets.

Glory striker Ndumbe Makeche scored a brace for the home team, who put up several chances that were denied by Jets goalkeeper John Solari.

The impressive Solari also stopped a penalty in the first half that would have put Perth in front.

Bradbery scored the opener in the eighth minute when he pounced on a long goal kick into Newcastle's attacking half before sidestepping two Perth defenders and then easily placing the ball past goalkeeper Luke Radonich.

Glory levelled the score just four minutes later when Daniel De Silva weaved through two Jets players on the goal-line and fired in a low cross that Makeche knocked into the back of the net.

Perth should have taken a 2-1 lead after 17 minutes when Makeche was taken down in the box by Solari, but Glory captain Brandon O'Neill failed to convert from the penalty spot.

Harry O'Brien created another chance for Perth moments later after some clever passes from Isaka Cernak and Jeremy Tshongo, but Solari positioned himself well to block the shot.

Those misses proved costly and Oxborrow made Glory pay by slamming the ball past Radonich in the 26th minute to give the visitors a 2-1 lead.

Bradbery soon made it 3-1 for the Jets when he scored his second goal in similar fashion to his first.

De Silva ran on to a chance after the restart, but again Solari was up to the task.

Makeche pulled one back for Glory just before half-time to give the home side some hope of upsetting the third-placed Jets.

But Pavicevic all but ended that ambition two minutes into the second half with Newcastle's fourth of the match.

Virgili added a fifth before Bradbery completed his hat-trick in the 62nd minute with another clever attacking move that exposed Perth's lacklustre defence.

De Silva and Makeche had late chances to score consolation goals for Glory, but Solari once again made his presence felt.

The only downside for Newcastle was the dismissal of Thomas Whiteside for a second yellow card deep in injury time.

Perth Glory 2 (Makeche 12m, 41m)
Newcastle Jets 6 (Bradbery 8m, 31m, 62m, Oxborrow 26m, Pavicevic 47m, Virgili 54m)

Played at Intiga Stadium

Perth Glory: 1. Luke Radonich (GK), 2. Joshua Tucker (15. Scott Robertson 59m), 3. Jeremy Tshongo, 4. Brandon O'Neill, 5. Sean Troup (8. Borbor Sam 46m), 6. Harry O'Brien, 7. Daniel De Silva, 9. Ndumbe Makeche, 10. Adrian Zahra, 11. Jacob Collard (16. Jacob Knowles 56m), 14. Isaka Cernak.

Unused substitute: 12. Fraser Greenwood (GK)

Yellow cards: Nil

Newcastle Jets: 1. John Solari (GK), 2. Michael Finlayson, 3. Thomas Whiteside, 4. Nicholas Cowburn, 5. Matthew Bilic, 6. Michael Kantarovski (11. Brandon Lundy 88m), 7. Radovan Pavicevic (12. Andrew Pawiak 58m), 8. Mitchell Oxborrow, 9. Kale Bradbery, 10. James Virgili (15. Benjamin Hay 58m), 11. Brandon Lundy (14. Willis Nadfalusi 46m).

Unused substitute: 20. Adam Pearce (GK)

Yellow cards: John Solari 17m; Thomas Whiteside 61m

Red cards: Thomas Whiteside 90m+4

Militia You called it that Kale would have got a Hatty.:roflz::fap:

militiamon
26-01-2014, 12:13 AM
hahahaha

Had an excellent chat with MFKS on the train on the way home, dude didn't even know the Yoof were playing. Told him the score, didn't know the scorers. As I left I was telling him that Kale must have gotten at least one, then yelled out "Maybe even a hat-trick?"

Sounds like we all should have been in Perth.

Edit: ****, beat me to it MFKS!

militiamon
26-01-2014, 12:14 AM
:fap: :fap: :fap:

MFKS
26-01-2014, 04:39 PM
Kalemeter rating?

Crotch Levels it would seem :lulzturtle:

militiamon
26-01-2014, 05:06 PM
:lulzturtle:

The more I think about it, the more messed up it is that Bridges is getting a run ahead of Kale.
All aboard the Kale Express, choo-choo!

Jeterpool
26-01-2014, 05:08 PM
Great first result for Deans after Zane moved on :lulz:

militiamon
26-01-2014, 05:08 PM
MFKS, start a thread on the main foz for Kale. Our people need a home.

MFKS
26-01-2014, 05:19 PM
Great first result for Deans after Zane moved on :lulz:

Deans is a ****ing genius to get a result like this cause it sure looked like him on the Jets bench at Bluetongue and not in Perth at the NYL.

I wonder what could be achieved if the boys were under his steely glare up close.

Score nothing to rag about. When Perth played at Wanderers a few months ago they were ****ing woeful and not even close to being NYL standard (Bit like Jets at HAL level :deadhorse:) and we beat them about 6-1 off the top of my head

MFKS
26-01-2014, 05:21 PM
MFKS, start a thread on the main foz for Kale. Our people need a home.

Your bang on the money about Bridges getting a run at Kales expense. It is a ****ing dis Grace

As for starting a thread. All in good time.

I have some ideas already waiting to be unleashed when the day comes though for the thread

furns
26-01-2014, 05:22 PM
too late :p

Jeterpool
26-01-2014, 08:14 PM
Deans is a ****ing genius to get a result like this cause it sure looked like him on the Jets bench at Bluetongue and not in Perth

I was being facetious member.

MFKS
03-02-2014, 10:46 AM
Ten-man Newcastle Jets secured an impressive 3-2 comeback win over Western Sydney Wanderers to consolidate second spot in the Foxtel National Youth League.

The Wanderers were a goal and a man up early in the second half only for the resilient Jets to rally and claim an impressive victory at Campbelltown Stadium.

Newcastle fielded a trio of overage players with Hyundai A-League experience in Josh Mitchell, James Virgili and James Brown, while the home side did likewise fielding goalkeeper Jerrad Tyson, Kwabena Appiah and Tahj Minniecon.

It was Appiah who set up the opener for the Wanderers after outpacing his man on the right before pulling back for an easy close-range finish from Lawrence Hanna.

However, Virgili drew the sides level on 33 minutes with a sharp finish to send the teams into the break level.

The Jets task was made all the more harder just three minutes after the interval when captain James Brown was dismissed for needlessly lashing out at his opponent having already committed a foul.

Within minutes the Wanderers went ahead as Alusine Fofanah lashed home to leave the home side very much in the ascendency.

However, Virgili matched Fofanah's effort on the hour mark with a sharp burst of pace and smart finish to draw the Jets level for the second time as he completed his brace.

The goal of the match appropriately enough proved to be the match-winner with the exciting Virgili showing impressive speed and close control on the right to set up Nick Cowburn who swept home at the back post for the decisive moment of the contest.

The Wanderers had a late chance to earn a share of the spoils but Sean Symons was unable to turn the ball home from an acute angle at the back post from a corner.

Western Sydney Wanderers 2 (Lawrence Hanna 17', Alusine Fofanah 54')

Newcastle Jets 3 (James Virgili 32', 62', Nick Cowburn 77')

Western Sydney Wanderers: Jerrad Tyson (gk), Shayne D'Cunha, Daniel Alessi, Nicholas Olsen, Yianni Perkatis, Alusine Fofanah, Jake McGing, Lawrence Hanna, Joshua Barresi, Tahj Minniecon, Kwabena Appiah

Cautions: Barresi 26'

Newcastle Jets: John Solari (gk), Mitchell Finlayson, Connor Chapman, Josh Mitchell, Matthew Bilic, Michael Kantarovski, James Virgili, Mitchell Oxborrow, Kale Bradbery, Radovan Pavicevic, James Brown

Cautions: Oxborrow 80'

Red Card: James Brown 49'.

Imyourhero
03-02-2014, 12:22 PM
Too bad Kale couldn't repeat his efforts, 2 solid weeks in a row would have really pushed his chances.

russjaybee
03-02-2014, 12:45 PM
What's the go with Virgili, seems to score and impress in youth team and even pre-season matches with the first team but can't buy a goal come league time.

Jeterpool
03-02-2014, 01:02 PM
What's the go with Virgili, seems to score and impress in youth team and even pre-season matches with the first team but can't buy a goal come league time.

I wonder this too. If he gets another run without GvE in charge, that could see a difference perhaps?

Premy
03-02-2014, 01:14 PM
Too bad Kale couldn't repeat his efforts, 2 solid weeks in a row would have really pushed his chances.from what I've heard he played quite well set up the first and looked dangerous until Brown got sent off

militiamon
03-02-2014, 02:22 PM

Good question.

Is it a positional/role thing?
I've noticed for the senior team he is nearly always played out wide, and rarely gets the opportunity to drift into the centre (because that's where Heskey, Taggart, Bridges etc. play). Based on the number of goals he scores for the youth team, it seems to me like he must be coming into the centre and into the box more often.

I've watched barely any youth league games though, so I'd be interested in hearing what others think.

BodyNovo
03-02-2014, 03:09 PM
Good question.

I've noticed for the senior team he is nearly always played out wide, and rarely gets the opportunity to drift into the centre (because that's where Heskey, Taggart, Bridges etc. play). Based on the number of goals he scores for the youth team, it seems to me like he must be coming into the centre and into the box more often.

I've watched barely any youth league games though, so I'd be interested in hearing what others think.

remember how good yoof games use to be at adamstown oval; hamma, parksey, etc.

friday/sunday arvo on tooheys cans and sausage sizzle, hamma may as well take credit for funding adamstowns return to the state league this year with the amount of cans he used to drink.

blokes like kaz and tommy bung misura banging in goals for the yoof team.

good times.

pv4
03-02-2014, 03:28 PM
It's a confidence & strength thing for Virgili. He backs himself to tear arse up the wing in NYL but is afraid to in the HAL. He's naturally suited to out wide - it's got nothing to do with being in the centre of the field.

He's Hoffman v2 - all the athleticism & pace in the world, afraid to use it on the big stage. Remember that burn and cutback for Heskey's goal last season? I bet he does that move every single week in NYL. But in the HAL he's always just touching back inside, always overly telegraphed with when & how he'll "attempt" to beat a defender, and usually refuses to meet the ball and lets it run past him - either to roll out or to turn what was a clear ball to him into a side-by-side 50-50 challenge.

My problem with Virgili is he's seemingly not getting any more confident when he's actually given his HAL shot (which is usually at the start of the season, every season). If anything he seems to regress in confidence. All it takes is a decent game by Warren (lol) or Jamieson on him and he just curls up in a ball till the game (or season) is over. The moment a wised up left back sees Virgili's name on the Jerks teamsheet, all they need to do is put in a couple of early challenges and talk a bit of cheek to him & they know they've won the battle already.

And let's not forget about his "shooting". His shots are weaker than Abbas used to attempt them. He's noticeably too comfortable in just hitting the target with a weak/feeble attempt of a shot than actually having a dig - which is especially needed against HAL keepers particularly when shooting from outside the box (which is what he usually ends up doing). As much as I rip on Michael Bridges' shots when they hit the corner flag, at least he puts some venom into his shots.

As a younger teenager (like back @ Edgy/NSWIS), Virgili was one of the better young players I've personally seen. He just hasn't kicked on from that. Virgili has/had the opportunity to do what Yeboah @ Brisbane did - use his raw pace & talent to just blow the league out of the water and seal an o/s move quicksmart. Instead, he's an in-and-out of the 9th place team in the HAL.

russjaybee
03-02-2014, 03:54 PM
He started this season really brightly if I remember correctly, was one of our better players in attack, actually caused a threat.

But you're dead right he certainly seemed to shrink as time went on.

In my opinion our wide players were cutting in side to "recycle" the ball far too much. Goodwin would constantly cut back in and lay back to a CM/Back instead of taking his man on and hitting the by-line, same issue with Virgilli.

Both these players looked good when they were just straight up running at and past defenders ON THE OUTSIDE rather than constantly cutting back inside. Was this coached in to them? I guess time will tell.

joel31
03-02-2014, 05:18 PM
He started this season really brightly if I remember correctly, was one of our better players in attack, actually caused a threat.
I don't remember this. Which games come to mind?

MFKS
03-02-2014, 08:43 PM
PV4 has summed a lot of it up in regards to Virgili

Plays in the Yoof team and he looks like Messi. Deadset way to good for that level

Plays in HAL side and he looks like Brett Holman. Not good enough.

Hopefully a lot of the issues will be resolved now that GVE has gone. Zane always got good value from him in the Yoofs so hopefully will be able to get it from in the HAL

Contrast the last time he played HAL in Newy a couple of weeks ago.

Gets the ball 40 yards out. Left Back is 10 yards from him. If |Virgili puts the afterburners on and he gets to the byline and either is in a position to cross dangerously or depending on how well the full back could have went with him may even be into the box and able to draw out the centre half to close him down. Reality is the fullback can't keep up with him for pace but can only do his best to minimise the impact.

No Virgili gets the ball and runs infield.

In the Yoof though he would have been heading down the wing at a million miles an hour without a hesitation.

Confidence and belief seem to be lacking at HAL level and hopefully InZane can instil it in him.

Can't really blame Virgili too much. GVE constantly shafted him and would have knocked his confidence big time

MFKS
03-02-2014, 08:57 PM
Good question.

Not really he still plays mainly on the right wide spot of the patented GVE 4-3-3. The Yoof team are much better at playing it than GVE's HAL side ever were!!!

As a result he gets more chances to score than HAL level. Half the time he shoots when he should be passing to Kale anyways.....:trolls:

Jeterpool
08-02-2014, 07:19 AM
I'm thinking of going along tonight. Anybody else heading over?

MFKS
08-02-2014, 09:34 PM
4-2 win tonight.

Thought Adelaide were the better side for the most part with us playing in little fits and spurts.

Down 1-0 after 10 mins when a shot was deflected wide of the despairing intitial dive of Solari and trickeled in the corner
Adelaide in control. Jets mustered a couple of chances. Chilli hitting top of cross bar and post (should have scored both times)
Kale got a flick on at the near post from close range that somehow the keeper kept out.

Second Half Adelaide on top and 10 mins in two rapid fire goals against the run of play saw Jets take the lead. Firstly Pavicevic running in the inside left channel got goal side and blasted past keeper. A few mins later and the Jets hit the lead they scarcely deserved. Chilli got wide on the right and raced away. Cut ball across trying to find teammate. Cut out by Adelaide defender. Kale pounced on loose ball shimmy one way shimmied the other. Showed some composure to unbalance defender before slotting past keeper from about 10 yards. FAPFEST ON

About 5 mins later and Adelaide leveled it up. Bloke got free on right and drilled it at goal. Solari let it get through/under him. Powerful shot but keeper would expect to keep it out.

Adelaide still controlling game without many clear ct chances their way.

10 mins to go and Pavicevic scored to regain the lead from a Chilli cross

With about 3 mins to go Nick Cowburn buried a shot from a left wing cut back to make it 4-2.

Bit of late drama with young Bilic seeing red. Adelaide got free on their left and as the ball was played across the goalmouth Bilic took out the bloke who had an empty goal with a desperate last ditch tackle. Resulting penalty was saved by Solari. Poorly taken low to his left.

Chapo played well and Chilli was his usual too good for NYL self.

Rest of the squad was the kids

Probably a very good win as for the majority we were second best and a valuable 3 points which puts us well in control of reaching the GF. 2 wins in the last 3 will do it

Jeterpool
08-02-2014, 09:44 PM
Thanks for the report.

The Dunster
08-02-2014, 09:54 PM
Can someone explain to me why Chapman is being groomed as a CB ? I'd really like to see him play as a DM.

With respect to the game it was a lot of fun with some solid goals.

The Jets transition from defence to attack is quick and I think our pace up front was what got us the result.

Adelaide looked the more composed of the two sides but at the end of the day it's who scores the most goals.

MFKS
09-02-2014, 02:41 AM
Can someone explain to me why Chapman is being groomed as a CB ? I'd really like to see him play as a DM.

With respect to the game it was a lot of fun with some solid goals.

The Jets transition from defence to attack is quick and I think our pace up front was what got us the result.

Adelaide looked the more composed of the two sides but at the end of the day it's who scores the most goals.

Have seen Chapo play DM in the yoofs and he looked lost. Distribution not up to scratch and got caught on the ball too often.
Bloke is a work in progress as a CD and I think he will be a damn fine CD in a few years time. Others are highly critical of him as he makes a few errors but I can see past this and see a player similar to a Zelic/Okon playing CD and bringing the ball out from the back with aplomb and style one day

MFKS
09-02-2014, 02:52 AM
The Newcastle Jets have maintained their grip on second spot in the National Youth League, coming from behind to register an action-packed 4-2 win over Adelaide United at Wanderers Oval, Newcastle on Saturday night.

The game started at a frantic pace with the Jets creating some early half-chances but it was Adelaide who opened the scoring in just the ninth minute.

A clever pass from Jack Bladen put Ryan Kitto into space on the left wing. He sent a dangerous cross into the box where it took a deflection off a Jets defender and Reds striker Anthony Kosta was on-hand to steer his shot into the corner.

The visitors almost doubled their lead a few moments later when Kitto swung a free-kick from just outside the box narrowly over the crossbar.

The Jets looked dangerous going forward and created some promising chances of their own. Brandon Lundy saw his low shot well saved by Reds goalkeeper John Hall while James Virgili should have done better when he was unmarked inside the box, but fired his angled shot over the bar.

Virgili almost made amends just after the half-hour mark when he streaked away down the right wing and into the box where he fired a searing shot that beat Hall but smacked off the far post.

Down the other end Reds midfielder Nathan Konstandopoulos almost did it himself when he broke free down the left flank and then weaved into the box where he fired a right-footed shot that just sailed wide of the far post and the sides went to the interval with Adelaide leading 1-0.

The Reds had the first chance of the second half when Kitto cut a pass from the left wing to the top of the box where Bladen blazed a shot narrowly over the target.

The Jets started finding their measure and they equalised in the 55th minute when striker Radovan Pavicevic pulled down a floated long ball from Michael Kantarovski and then slotted his shot past Hall.

The home side took the lead just two minutes later when Virgili sprinted into space down the right flank before cutting a ball back for Kale Bradbery, who showed plenty of poise to take a touch before calmly steering his shot into the corner.

Both sides made a host of chances on the hour mark and it was Reds substitute Nikola Mileusnic who had the greatest impact when he scored with his first touch, firing a blistering right-footed shot from the edge of the area to the far top corner to make it 2-2 just after the hour mark.

The home side regained the lead in the 80th minute when Virgili again got around his man on the right wing and slid a lovely cross into the box where Pavicevic buried his second goal of the night.

Newcastle sealed the match three minutes before the final whistle with Virgili again the outlet. He took the ball to the byline before cutting back to the penalty spot. Nicolas Cowburn saw his first shot parried away by Hall but his was quick to the follow-up and poked home Newcastle's fourth of the night.

There was late drama when Jets defender Matthew Bilic was sent off after he pulled down Costa when he was attempting to score from a low cross just two metres out from goal. Costa stepped up to the penalty spot but saw his shot saved by Jets goalkeeper John Solari.

Newcastle Jets 4 (Pavicevic 54, 80, Bradbery 57, Cowburn 87)
Adelaide United 1 (Costa 9, Mileusnic 61)

at Wanderers Oval, Newcastle

Newcastle Jets

1. John Solari (GK), 2. Michael Finlayson (14. Benjamin Hay 59min) 3. Connor Chapman (capt), 4. Thomas Whiteside, 5. Matthew Bilic, 6. Nic Cowburn, 7. James Virgili, 8. Michael Kantarovski (12. Andrew Paviak 59min), 9. Kale Bradbery, 10. Radovan Pavicevic, 11. Brandon Lundy (13. Beaudon McDonald 59min)

Subs: 20. Adam Pearce (GK).

Coach Jim Pascoe

Adelaide United

1. John Hall (GK), 2. Dion Kirk, 3. Shaun Harvey (Capt), 6. Jack Bladen, 7. Bruce Kamau (11. Nikola Mileusnic 58min), 8. Nathan Konstandopoulos, 9. Anthony Costa, 10. Ryan Kitto (22. Donovan Pollock 59min), 12. Christopher Skull (16. Jake Monaco 58min) 15. Matthew Bouzalas, 19. Daniel Bowles.

Subs: 20. Daniel Margush (GK),

Coach Michael Valkanis

The Dunster
09-02-2014, 08:43 AM
Have seen Chapo play DM in the yoofs and he looked lost. Distribution not up to scratch and got caught on the ball too often.
Bloke is a work in progress as a CD and I think he will be a damn fine CD in a few years time. Others are highly critical of him as he makes a few errors but I can see past this and see a player similar to a Zelic/Okon playing CD and bringing the ball out from the back with aplomb and style one day

In other words a sweeper.

The kid is a great footballer. Along with Chilli he's too good for youth but just not quite ready to star in A-league.

Jonty
09-02-2014, 12:54 PM
4-2 win tonight.

Thought Adelaide were the better side for the most part with us playing in little fits and spurts.

Down 1-0 after 10 mins when a shot was deflected wide of the despairing intitial dive of Solari and trickeled in the corner
Adelaide in control. Jets mustered a couple of chances. Chilli hitting top of cross bar and post (should have scored both times)
Kale got a flick on at the near post from close range that somehow the keeper kept out.

Second Half Adelaide on top and 10 mins in two rapid fire goals against the run of play saw Jets take the lead. Firstly Pavicevic running in the inside left channel got goal side and blasted past keeper. A few mins later and the Jets hit the lead they scarcely deserved. Chilli got wide on the right and raced away. Cut ball across trying to find teammate. Cut out by Adelaide defender. Kale pounced on loose ball shimmy one way shimmied the other. Showed some composure to unbalance defender before slotting past keeper from about 10 yards. FAPFEST ON

About 5 mins later and Adelaide leveled it up. Bloke got free on right and drilled it at goal. Solari let it get through/under him. Powerful shot but keeper would expect to keep it out.

Adelaide still controlling game without many clear ct chances their way.

10 mins to go and Pavicevic scored to regain the lead from a Chilli cross

With about 3 mins to go Nick Cowburn buried a shot from a left wing cut back to make it 4-2.

Bit of late drama with young Bilic seeing red. Adelaide got free on their left and as the ball was played across the goalmouth Bilic took out the bloke who had an empty goal with a desperate last ditch tackle. Resulting penalty was saved by Solari. Poorly taken low to his left.

Chapo played well and Chilli was his usual too good for NYL self.

Rest of the squad was the kids

Probably a very good win as for the majority we were second best and a valuable 3 points which puts us well in control of reaching the GF. 2 wins in the last 3 will do it

On the balance of play, I'd say Adelaide deserved a point from the game. Was a pretty decent, high-paced game. Good way to spend a Saturday night, wouldn't mind seeing more NYL games under lights.

Jets looked a little off the pace in the first half. Quite a few of the players didn't seem to be up for it, as much as Adelaide were, which I found strange (seeing as though this was a very important game between 2 sides fighting for a grand final place). The midfield was a little sloppy and didn't adequately restrict Adelaide's midfield's on and off the ball movement.

In the second half, I thought the Jets midfield tightened up, became more compact and closed down Adelaide's space and passing channels. This saw Adelaide playing more sideways and backwards passes and forced the occasional forward ball which wasn't on, which allowed Chapman to clean up and turn defence into attack.

Agree with the above that the Jets transition from defence to attack was very quick and this proved to be Adelaide's downfall. It was clear that although Adelaide had most of the ball, the Jets were just content to tighten the midfield and play on the break. This suited Chilli as he was able to find gaps in behind that weren't previously there. He did ever so well in that second half and needs to carry that sort of confidence over to the A-League. He needs to believe he can do the same at the higher level.

On Bilic's red card, did he actually bring Costa down? I thought they both lunged for the ball as it was played across the goal line and their momentum saw them fall onto the ground. It all happened so quickly though, it was difficult to see. That's 3 weeks in a row now the Jets have finished with 10 men.

Good signs for the coming weeks that the Jets have shown they can fight their way out of tight, tense situations as I'd expect the next few weeks to be equally as tense (vs MVC, SFC, BRI). Exactly the qualities they need to have as a few teams fight for the last grand final spot.

MFKS
09-02-2014, 10:00 PM
Big game for the Kids next weekend.

Play Victree Yoof who are currently 3rd and 4 points behind the Jets Yoof. A win for the kids will see them qualify for the NYL GF against Smurfs.

A loss will see it go down to the wire as the Jets have to still play Sydney away

militiamon
09-02-2014, 10:55 PM
Just wanted to say, good write-ups fellas. Appreciate anyone who takes time to attend and update us afterwards.

Fairgo
10-02-2014, 12:31 AM
Big game for the Kids next weekend.

Play Victree Yoof who are currently 3rd and 4 points behind the Jets Yoof. A win for the kids will see them qualify for the NYL GF against Smurfs.

A loss will see it go down to the wire as the Jets have to still play Sydney away

Not sure if things have changed but there has never been GF in NYL isn't it first on points takes the title which is Sydney after todays game being 10 points ahead with 3 games remaining??

militiamon
10-02-2014, 01:29 AM
I believe there used to be a finals series but it was abolished a few seasons back. Only the regular season now.

seldom
10-02-2014, 01:55 AM
no final series just a GF

militiamon
10-02-2014, 02:02 AM
Really? Not seeing a mention of a GF anywhere:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013%E2%80%9314_A-League_National_Youth_League

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/news-display/National-Youth-League-fixtures-released/74600

MFKS
10-02-2014, 09:00 AM
Not sure if things have changed but there has never been GF in NYL isn't it first on points takes the title which is Sydney after todays game being 10 points ahead with 3 games remaining??

Media keep reporting a GF in NYL this season. Sure I even saw an article where Jets Coach(hard to say which one Deans Out Pascoe or In Zane) was talking about the eagerness for his side to stay 2nd to get to the GF

BodyNovo
10-02-2014, 11:16 AM
went to my first youth game for the year on saturday night and i picked up on the following

young kanta and the bloke that accompanied him in the middle were outstanding.

young kanta deadset was playing some cross field balls that reminded me of kanta a couple of years ago when he was killing it before he got seriously injured.

virgilli is being wasted in the youth and just needs to be given a 5 straight games in the senior team and if it doesn't work out than maybe we might have to move him on.

lundy is a future star and it seems he has bulked up from when i last saw him. militia will remember me telling him last year that he was a talent.

kale i think would be suited feeding of a second striker who acted as a target man laying the ball off, don't think he suits the middle of 3 especially when the 2 people next to him aren't physical powers, in saying that took his goal excellently.

if it comes to 2-3 games to go and we are no hope for the finals (which is becoming more and more likely) i reckon 4-5 of the youth guys should be given a go.

also big ups to saturday night youth games, would attend if there were more scheduled, still wish games were at adamstown though.

Fairgo
10-02-2014, 11:20 AM
http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/news-display/Sydney-FC-clinch-National-Youth-League-title/85542

It looks as though the coaches do not know what they are talking about surprise surprise :lol:

joel31
10-02-2014, 11:34 AM
as far as my research can tell there hasn't been a gf since 2010

Fairgo
10-02-2014, 11:46 AM
I believe there used to be a finals series but it was abolished a few seasons back. Only the regular season now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Youth_League_(Australia)

Correct

seldom
11-02-2014, 12:52 AM
no final series just a GF

seldom right...:blush:

MFKS
15-02-2014, 04:44 PM
2-2 draw in NYL this morning.

Jets up 2-0 at HT Radovan Pavicevic and Kale Bradbery :lulzturtle::yay::fap:

Put some kids on in second half and blew the lead and game

DEANS OUT

MFKS
15-02-2014, 04:49 PM
Melbourne Victory have fought back from two goals down to force a thrilling 2-2 draw with the Newcastle Jets in their Round 16 National Youth League fixture at Magic Park on Saturday morning.

First-half strikes to Radovan Pavicevic and Kale Bradbery gave the home side a 2-0 lead at the break before a double to Victory striker Anthony Proia saw the teams share the points in an entertaining contest.

Both sides started brightly with early chances to Connor Pain and Brandon Lundy before the Jets opened the scoring in the 13th minute with a well-engineered move.

Newcastle midfielder Michael Kantarovski claimed possession in the midfield and advanced play quickly up the park before pushing a ball through for Bradbery who crossed into the box for Pavicevic to bury his shot from 12 metres out.

Melbourne had their chances in the first half. Pain saw his goal-bound shot take an unfortunate deflection off Jets defender Connor Chapman before spraying his follow-up attempt wide of the target.

Shortly after, Proia saw the ball snatched from his feet by Jets midfielder Andrew Pawiak just as he was about to shoot.

Pawiak came to Newcastle's rescue again when Pain escaped on the counter and fed a pass to an unmarked Chris Cristaldo who was dispossessed in a lovely sliding tackle from Pawiak.

Down the other end Bradbery was causing the Victory defence plenty of problems with his pace and skill on the ball. He saw his 35th minute angled shot saved by Melbourne goalkeeper Keegan Coulter before he headed a Beaudon MacDonald cross into the post.

Bradbery eventually got his goal right on the stroke of half-time when he fired a low skimming shot from the edge of the box that Coulter bobbled before watching helplessly as the ball trickled over the line to give the home side a 2-0 lead at the break.

Newcastle almost extended their lead immediately after the interval when Pavicevic and then Bradbery had shots that narrowly missed the far post.

The Victory clawed themselves back into the contest with a well-taken goal in the 49th minute. Proia pulled down a long-ball then cleverly turned inside the area and firing a cannon-like shot that took a deflection off Chapman before beating Ben Kennedy at the near post.

Both sides made a host of changes around the hour mark with Victory midfielder Luke Prelevic having the biggest impact when he threaded a lovely ball through a crowded penalty box for Proia to turn and slot his second of the morning to level the scores 10 minutes from full-time.

Both sides had late chances to win the match with Victory substitute John MacLean seeing his deflected shot skim narrowly wide of the target before Bradbery had his low left-foot shot pushed around the near post in a fine diving save by Coulter.

Newcastle Jets 2 (Pavicevic 13, Bradbery 45+1)

Melbourne Victory 2 (Proia 49, 80)

Newcastle Jets: 1. Ben Kennedy (GK) (20. Andrew Pearce 60min), 2. Nic Cowburn, 3. Connor Chapman (capt), 4. Thomas Whiteside, 5. Ben Hay (14. Joshua Murray 57min), 6. Andrew Pawiak, 7. Beaudon MacDonald (12. Luke Willard 55min), 8. Michael Kantarovski, 9. Kale Bradbery, 10. Radovan Pavicevic, 11. Brandon Lundy (13. Rhys Cooper 57min)

Melbourne Victory: 1. Keegan Coulter (GK), 2. Christian Cavallo, 3. Milos Ridesic. 4. James Karvelis, (19. Luka Prelevic 58min), 6. Jordan Brown, 7. Chris Cristaldo, 8. Luc Jeggo (Capt), 9. Anthont Proia, 11. Connor Pain, 12. Anthony Duzel (5. John MacLean 58min), 13. Damien Miskulin (14. Stefan Nigro 58min)

Unsed Substitutes: 20. Gian Tapia (GK)

stopper2
16-02-2014, 08:30 AM
Good to see NBN last night actually show the goals and some highlights from this game. Kale looked to be in fine form, a goal plus an assist and also hit the woodwork.
Really is criminal that a has-been is taking up a spot on the bench for the A-League every week and coming in with no impact just to showcase a few tricks and flicks to fuel his own ego while our best Youth player's development is put on hold.

Jonty
16-02-2014, 09:42 AM
I really enjoyed watching the game yesterday. Fast paced and pretty good quality. At the moment, I'd rather watch the youth team play than the senior team.

In the end, I think a draw is a fair result but it was a game of two halves. First half belonged to the Jets, but second half belonged to the Victory. I thought the Jets were great in the first half, knocked the ball around well, stayed compact and kept a nice defensive shape making it extremely difficult for the Victory to play through midfield. Jets deserved their lead and could have been out of sight at half time. However, with Connor Pain, Proia and Cristaldo in that side you always felt 2-0 wasn't enough and that proved to be correct. Jets started the second half well, but got hit with a goal against the run of play and that was the point where the momentum changed hands.

After the hour mark, the Jets seemed to lose some impact in the final third and didn't provide too many problems for the Victory defence, hence the majority of the last third of the game was played in the Jets half, putting extra strain on the midfield and defence. The strain proved to be too much, as the Victory eventually found a way through with a really well worked goal.

After Proia made it 2-2, either side could have won it, Jets threatening on the counter and with some more composure when trying to work the numbers in the dying minutes, could have won it themselves.

They'll be disappointed to lose a 2 goal lead, but will take some consolation that such a young team played pretty well against a side with the front 3 that the Victory had.

MFKS
23-02-2014, 08:42 PM
Newcastle have embarrassed Sydney 7-1 in their Round 17 Foxtel National Youth League clash at WIN Stadium on Sunday.

For Sydney, who had captain Jacob Tratt sent off in the first half, the loss is the second straight since claiming the National Youth League title a fortnight ago.

Newcastle were fluid throughout, had most of the possession in the early stages and opened the scoring in just the sixth minute.

Joey Gibbs lifted a well-weighted ball over the Sydney back four for Radovan Pavicevic to run on to. Tristan Prendergast in the Sydney goal was caught in no-man's land deciding to come late, and Pavicevic slotted the ball under him to open the scoring.

With six minutes remaining in the half, another Newcastle through ball was latched on to by Kale Bradbery who went nimbly around the advancing Prendergast only to be brought down in the area by Tratt, who was given his marching orders.

Gibbs stepped up to take the shot for the visitors, but while Prendergast was able to deny him with a fine save down to his left, the Jets would not need much longer to make the numerical advantage count.

Moments later a Sydney turnover set the Jets on the attack and a beautiful through ball from Michael Kantarovski found James Brown in stride and he pulled away from the defenders before dispatching the ball in the bottom left hand corner.

Right on half time, Newcastle had a third with an exquisite piece of skill from Gibbs.

A Nicholas Cowburn cross was received in the area by Gibbs who despite being in traffic was able to trap, flick-up and volley crisply on the turn to give the Jets a three goal-lead.

The demolition continued in the second half and Pavicevic had his second six minutes in with a quality finish from a narrow angle.

Gibbs had his second and the Jets' fifth midway through the second half with Bradbery's pinpoint cross leaving him with the simplest of tap-ins.

Sydney did manage a consolation goal eight minutes from time with a well-taken goal from Alec Urosevski.

But any joy was short lived as Brown bagged his second before completing his hat-trick in injury time with a wonderful curling free kick.

Sydney FC: 1 (Urosevski 82’)

Newcastle Jets: 7 (Pavicevic 6’, 51’, Brown 42’, 83’ 91’, Gibbs 45, 68’)

Sydney FC: 1. Tristan Prendergast, 2. Luke Clifford, 3. Marc Warren, 4. Jacob Tratt, 6. Dylan Caton, 8.Max Burgess, 9. Mitchell Mallia (7. Nikola Taneski 53‘), 10. Blake Powell, 11. Alec Urosevski, 14. Joshua Macdonald (16. Christopher Naumoff 45‘), 18. Anthony Tomelic (12. Peter Triantis 53‘).

Substitutes not used: 20. Luke Babic (Gk)

Yellow Cards: Clifford 66’, Caton 74’

Red Cards: Tratt 38’

Newcastle Jets: 1. Ben Kennedy, 2. Nicholas Cowburn (11. Brandon Lundy 59‘), 3. Connor Chapman, 4. Thomas Whiteside, 5.Matthew Bilic, 6. Michael Kantarovski (13. Andrew Pawiak 59‘), 7. Radovan Pavicevic (12. Michael Finlayson 59‘), 8. Mitchell Oxborrow, 9. Kale Bradbery, 10. Joey Gibbs, 14. James Brown.

Substitutes not used: 20. John Solari (GK)

Yellow Cards: Lundy 78’, Oxborrow 84’, Chapman 89’, Brown 90’

7 ****ing goals and Kale didn't score??

FMD

Superdylan
28-02-2014, 10:31 PM
Last game of the season for the jets youth, 4pm start tomorrow against the Brisbane roar at wanderers oval. Let's hope there is a decent turnout for the boys they deserve a healthy crowd there in what has probably been there best season.

MFKS
01-03-2014, 08:33 PM
The Newcastle Jets rounded out their Foxtel National Youth League season with a hard fought 2-1 victory over Brisbane Roar at a rain sodden Wanderers Oval on Saturday afternoon.

Both teams struggled to adjust to the wet conditions but went into the half-time break locked at 1-1 after Jai Ingham's stoppage-time strike cancelled out Kale Bradbury's penalty for the Jets.

The second half was a scrappy affair and it took an opportunistic effort from Jets skipper Connor Chapman to break the deadlock and hand the hosts a largely unconvincing victory.

Sloppy conditions greeted both teams after overnight rainfall and the heavy pitch made it difficult in the early stages.

After a lackluster opening 10 minutes, it was the Jets who created the first chance through Ben Kantarovski but his mishit effort from the edge of the area was easily saved by Matt Acton.

The Roar gradually settled into the match and nearly opened the scoring in the 21st minute after a great switch from Kofi Danning found Ingham but his curling effort was deflected just wide of John Solari's goal.

Newcastle responded almost immediately after a lightning counter attack found Bradbury on the right flank before the striker cut inside and fired a dipping shot which was saved by Acton.

A shocking back pass from Chapman nearly gifted the visitors the opener in the 25th minute but Roar striker Brandon Borrello couldn't capitalise after losing his feet before Jets custodian Solari cleared the danger.

But it was the Roar who handed the Jets the opening goal with 12 minutes remaining in the half after Borrello needlessly brought down James Brown in the area and Bradbury slotted home the spot kick.

The goal seemed to spark Newcastle into action and the hosts began to gradually gain the ascendency in the later stages of the first half but were restricted to only half chances.

But it was the Roar who snatched an equaliser right on the stroke of half time after the Jets afforded Ingham too much room on the edge of the area before the attacker's powerful effort deflected past a helpless Solari.

Brisbane started the second half by far the better side and looked certain to take the lead through Borrello but his goal-bound effort was superbly blocked by Jets defender Taylor Regan.

The match gradually opened up as the second half wore on as both teams looked to break the deadlock but periods of rain made it difficult to fashion clear cut chances.

But with the match petering out towards a draw, Chapman stepped up to give the hosts the lead in the 75th minute.

The central defender made a surging run from fullback and picked up the ball just outside the box before strolling through the Roar's defence and squeezing a shot past Acton.

The Roar looked to run over the top of a tiring Jets outfit in the closing stages but were unable to earn a share of the spoils despite their dominance.

Newcastle Jets 2 (Bradbury 33, Chapman 75)

Brisbane Roar 1 (Ingham 45)

@ Wanderers Oval

Newcastle Jets: 1. John Solari 2. Nicholas Cowburn 3. Connor Chapman 4. Taylor Regan 5. Matthew Bilic (Benjamin Hay 58’) 6. Ben Kantarovski (Thomas Whiteside 45’) 7. Radovan Pavicevic 8. Michael Kantarovski 9. Kale Bradbury 10. Andrew Pawiak (Michael Finlayson 45’) 17. James Brown

Unused Sub - 20. Shaun Catlin

Brisbane Roar: 20. Matt Acton 2. Jack Hingert 3. Corey Brown 4. Lachlan Jackson 5. Jaiden Walker (Cameron Crestani 58’) 6. Benjamin Litfin 9. Jai Ingham (Shelford Dais 58’) 10. Devante Clut 11. Brandon Borrello 14. Kofi Danning (Shannon Brady 45’) 16. Patrick Theodore

Unused Sub 1. Fraser Chalmers.

Thomas477
02-03-2014, 04:32 PM
Please don't tell me Shaun Catlin is the son of Bob. Haven't we had enough issues with parents signing their kids?

joel31
02-03-2014, 07:46 PM
Please don't tell me Shaun Catlin is the son of Bob. Haven't we had enough issues with parents signing their kids?
I think he is

Thomas477
02-03-2014, 10:42 PM
I think he is

**** me. Nepotism didn't work here, it didn't work in Perth, it didn't work for Man Utd, it does work.

MFKS
03-03-2014, 12:37 PM
Kid isn't the worst.

Still behind the likes of Solari and Pearce in the pecking order. He is in the system and at present isn't actually ahead of where he should be.

Nepotism is only an issue when preference is used when not warranted.