PDA

View Full Version : Daily Australian News 2012

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9

coastiehater
13-11-2012, 04:41 PM
yeh thought it was a pretty good effort myself. woulda been effing shattered if it was my porsche.

Skirt Boy
13-11-2012, 08:57 PM
http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/simon-hill-charts-the-football-journey-of-newcastles-michael-bridges-from-england-to-australial/story-e6frf4gl-1226515242814

This is why Bridges is better then Griff.........Also a Yid.

GOD!

la bazzle
13-11-2012, 10:52 PM
Gay

q-money
14-11-2012, 12:24 AM
sif jews have god

Jetmaster
15-11-2012, 11:55 AM
Duo sign 2-year extension

Thursday, 15 November 2012 10:11 AM

The Newcastle Jets are pleased to announce the re-signing of two local products; young forward James Virgili and goalkeeper Ben Kennedy, both to two-year deals.

Newcastle born Virgili made his debut for the Jets in 2009 at age of 16, at the time making him the youngest player to ever play in the A-League. The 20-year-old has since made 20 first team appearances for his hometown Club.

After impressing many with his performances for the Jets’ youth team during the NBN State League season, Virgili has enjoyed a breakout season at A-League level so far in 2012/13 and has been a big part of Newcastle’s encouraging early-season form.

“There is nothing better than playing for your home team so I am happy to be re-signing with the Jets,” Virgili said.

“I have been here for a few years now and I hope I can cement my spot in what is a competitive team.

“It is exciting what the Hunter Sports Group are doing with the Club and what we are building at the Jets; and I look forward to being apart of it.”

Kennedy, another local product, has been with the Jets since 2006. The goalkeeper has played 87 A-League matches for Newcastle and was named the Club’s Player of the Year in season 2011/12.

Kennedy has been absent from the Jets’ playing squad in recent weeks as a result of knee surgery, but he is eager to return bigger and better in the near future.

“I am pleased to re-sign with my hometown Club,” Kennedy said.

“It is great the Club has shown faith in me given my recent injury.

“I am looking forward to getting back into training and playing and being a part of not just the season ahead, but at least the next two seasons after that.”

The Club is delighted to secure the services of the duo for the next two seasons.

“James has obviously had an exciting start to the season and it is great we can reward him with a new contract,” coach Gary van Egmond said.

“He is a great young player with a bright future and he deserves the recognition and this contract extension.

“For Ben, it has been a frustrating start to the season but we know he will return to the form that won him our Player of the Year last season once he recovers from knee surgery.”

q-money
15-11-2012, 12:13 PM
eat shit every BK hater

au revoir
15-11-2012, 12:53 PM
i look forward to many more years of BK, and the moronic butt hurt whingers that come with it.

keep fighting the good fight, snaek.

pv4
15-11-2012, 12:54 PM
good backup 'keeper

q-money
15-11-2012, 01:01 PM
suck a dick pv4

snake
15-11-2012, 01:05 PM
bk's more newy than pv4. living on the coast ffs :blush:

militiamon
15-11-2012, 01:10 PM
Great news, glad we're doing this early for once.

BK (Y)

Chili (Y)

Newy boys (Y)

Our fans are idiots.

Jets'ole
15-11-2012, 01:10 PM
BK deserves the contract extension. All Bk haters aren't true Newcastle supporters. best keeping duo in the league (Bk & Biri)

au revoir
15-11-2012, 01:16 PM
(.Y.)

sh10
15-11-2012, 01:17 PM
BK deserves the contract extension. All Bk haters aren't true Newcastle supporters. best keeping duo in the league (Bk & Biri)

wb Ben

Jets'ole
15-11-2012, 01:55 PM
:wtf::wtf:

q-money
15-11-2012, 01:59 PM
great second post

Jets'ole
15-11-2012, 02:09 PM
Haha thanks q-money..means a lot coming from a senior member such as yourself. Nothing wrong with a few emotions here and there to brighten up the day . Also, I haven't registered on this blog for personal banter ... sorry.

Does anyone know about the extent of Kanta's injury..?

toad
15-11-2012, 02:37 PM
nah, most of us are just here for blogging and personal banter

au revoir
15-11-2012, 02:42 PM
what's a blog?

pv4
15-11-2012, 03:15 PM
bk's more newy than pv4. living on the coast ffs :blush:

thornton is as far away from newy as the lake is.

being apart of nnsw = new(y)

UNITED WE ARE NEWCASTLE (macquarie football included)

parksey
15-11-2012, 03:25 PM
“I have been here for a few years now and I hope I can cement my spot in what is a competitive team.

“It is exciting what the Hunter Sports Group are doing with the Club and what we are building at the Jets; and I look forward to being apart of it.”

are we expected to believe that the players actually say these things?

Jetmaster
15-11-2012, 03:53 PM
thornton is as far away from newy as the lake is.

being apart of nnsw = new(y)

UNITED WE ARE NEWCASTLE (macquarie football included)

The city of Newcastle boundary is at Weakleys Drive. Thornton is 200 metres away !

Thomas477
15-11-2012, 04:26 PM
Rumour: Hull City has made an approach for Matt Ryan. I reckon he should take it tbh.

Which would leave them with Pasfield as their #1 :lulz:

Jeterpool
15-11-2012, 04:37 PM
Rumour: Hull City has made an approach for Ryan. I reckon he should take it tbh.

Which would leave them with Pasfield as their #1 :lulz:

Won't happen at least until January. Young keeper aged 22 is their #1 so would probably be a squaddie at worst. May sit on bench. Hull appear light on keepers. They had a keeper crisis last year with their top 3 all out injured at once.

sh10
15-11-2012, 04:47 PM
Rumour: Hull City has made an approach for Ryan. I reckon he should take it tbh.

Until I read the 2nd sentence I thought you were referring to Ryan Griffiths and had a bloody heart attack

Thomas477
15-11-2012, 05:13 PM
Until I read the 2nd sentence I thought you were referring to Ryan Griffiths and had a bloody heart attack

Hahaha, sorry mate. Will edit.

militiamon
15-11-2012, 07:35 PM
are we expected to believe that the players actually say these things?

lol, now that you mention it it does sound like something from Football Manager.

Also includes an obvious spelling mistake which makes me think it was defs ghost written by Jets management.

MFKS
15-11-2012, 08:40 PM
Now leaving aside the BK hate and the Birraz hate I am confused.

Didn't BK last year have some good form and despite this The Egg signed Birraz and despite BK's stellar form he only got a 1 year deal for this season to allow the BK/Birraz battle for the No 1 gig to commence.

Now this off season Birraz has come in, BK has had an injury that has hampered his opportunity to be the No 1 and Birraz got the nod for Rd 1.

Birraz got sent off in Rd 1 BK replaced him for the 2nd half and Rd 2 and then Birraz was straight back in for Rd 3.

Since then Birraz has held the gig and has started to put in some performances that are pleasing and are helping him win over some of his haterz

Since BK relinquished the No 1 spot to Birraz in Rd 3 he has been overcome by his injury and has now had surgery and is out of action as such that Nashy has been bought back to the club for 1 month or so until BK heals.

Is that a fair summary of what has happened??

If so why has BK been given a 2 year deal for achieving little this season when last year his form improved out of sight once Birraz's signing was announced and he could only get himself a 1 year deal for that. Defies logic doesn't it???

Another crazy decision from the Egg

Thomas477
15-11-2012, 08:43 PM
MFKS, I can only imagine bk would be on average, or just under, wages. For a keeper who has played decently, not brilliantly, as a back up, it's not a bad deal.

That being said his grand accomplishment this season has been letting ADP score his first goal.

15-11-2012, 08:48 PM
You get what you pay for.

Grimario
15-11-2012, 08:49 PM
Surely the BK re-signing is a "comfortable with team, local lad, solid back up (with option as starter if we get an offer for Birraz)" rather than "Yeah, BK is awesome, let's sign him on for another 2 years"?

Thomas477
15-11-2012, 08:50 PM
Also, BK's mum is out supporting him on Facebook again :lulz:

twenty2one
15-11-2012, 09:13 PM
Also, BK's mum is out supporting him on Facebook again :lulz:

Why shouldn't BK's mum support him after all he is her son. I would hope you would support your kids in what they do.
And before you jump up & down, no I am not related to BK.

GazFish35
15-11-2012, 09:31 PM
I agree.

So many flogs on Facebook do nothing but slag the bloke off.
Quality servant of the club.

Should have nothing but support from everyone, not just his family.

Grimario
15-11-2012, 09:38 PM
He has my support if for no other reason than skipping ticket purchase on a drunken train trip home on mad Monday a few seasons back.

q-money
15-11-2012, 09:51 PM
internet tough guys probably love wehrman as well

prawnhead
15-11-2012, 10:24 PM
internet tough guys probably love wehrman as well

Newy is full of internet tough guys q.

WolfMan
15-11-2012, 10:43 PM
I agree.

So many flogs on Facebook do nothing but slag the bloke off.
Quality servant of the club.

Should have nothing but support from everyone, not just his family.

+1

parksey
15-11-2012, 11:02 PM
being from newy doesn't change the fact that he's probably the worst number 1 in the comp when he's actually starting games. i don't have too much against him but that's just a fact really.

seldom
15-11-2012, 11:07 PM
Give Gash a contract....salt in the wound and all

militiamon
15-11-2012, 11:11 PM
lol ok, so him winning player of the season does not count as a fact?

Exactly what has BK done wrong in the past 2 seasons?

seldom
15-11-2012, 11:11 PM
oh yeah and I miss Kasey....................................

seldom
15-11-2012, 11:13 PM

Haircut for one !

q-money
15-11-2012, 11:25 PM
wehrman :oops:

parksey
16-11-2012, 12:26 AM
lol ok, so him winning player of the season does not count as a fact?

apart from necevski I truly don't think there's another starting a-league keeper that BK can legitimately claim to be better than. like I said I don't have too much against the guy, but he's not a great goalkeeper. like people on here seem to think that he gets a bad wrap or whatever from fans who don't know any better, and he does cop some unwarranted criticism at times, however, you won't find many goalkeepers or goalkeeper coaches out there who rate the guy.

good on him for winning player of the year; he did have a pretty solid season.

pv4
16-11-2012, 07:34 AM
must remember re: last year - the men of football voted Taylor regan player of the season & iirc he played at max half our games. our season last year was shit.

agreeing with porkesy - he's clearly one of the worst keepers to have any claim to a starting spot in the league. I'd put him above necevski, and on par with flappy velaphi. it's nothing personal - it's just years upon years of being incredibly nervous with him being gk.

while we're on the topic of commenting on our fans - why do our fans always seem to rally behind our backup keeper? first Nash, now bk. let our number 1 play, give him support (and yes I realize I'm saying when Nash was around it meant we should have been supporting bk - which I kind of did in saying he was the better of the two but it was a joke we had two backup keepers)

WolfMan
16-11-2012, 08:22 AM
I for one am not saying BK is better than Birighitti. I wanted Neil Young to have more of a run as I believed him to be a better custodian in most areas.

What I am saying, is that he deserves respect for doing his best for the club in the chances he has been given. I think most of us do give him that respect, it's a small minority who just refuse to see the good that BK has done

namwob99
16-11-2012, 09:10 AM
must remember re: last year - the men of football voted Taylor regan player of the season & iirc he played at max half our games. our season last year was shit.

agreeing with porkesy - he's clearly one of the worst keepers to have any claim to a starting spot in the league. I'd put him above necevski, and on par with flappy velaphi. it's nothing personal - it's just years upon years of being incredibly nervous with him being gk.

while we're on the topic of commenting on our fans - why do our fans always seem to rally behind our backup keeper? first Nash, now bk. let our number 1 play, give him support (and yes I realize I'm saying when Nash was around it meant we should have been supporting bk - which I kind of did in saying he was the better of the two but it was a joke we had two backup keepers)

How about we rally behind both?

pv4
16-11-2012, 09:16 AM
How about we rally behind both?

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/244/457/793.gif

Jeterpool
16-11-2012, 09:26 AM
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/244/457/793.gif

Pv4's nomination for post of the year.

Well played!

la bazzle
16-11-2012, 12:55 PM
Why shouldn't BK's mum support him after all he is her son. I would hope you would support your kids in what they do.
And before you jump up & down, no I am not related to BK.

I've heard his mother is a lovely woman who makes excellent pancakes.

q-money
16-11-2012, 01:06 PM
bk never sold us out like some other chumps with hero status did

parksey
16-11-2012, 01:14 PM
like mayze

la bazzle
16-11-2012, 05:34 PM
Queerman

MFKS
16-11-2012, 06:43 PM
Most moronic part of all this is the people who think someone can't be critical of BK.

Rather ironic that you can sit here on this board and slag off the other BK in our squad (Kanta) for being useless and no one bats an eye lid. Both of them are just as much Newy as one another yet for some reason BK's 6 or so years at the club of mediocrity have him not far from the untouchable heights of Lord Griffo in some peoples eyes.

Really couldn't give two ****s about who is our No 1 but listening to the love in for BK some of you have makes me want Birraz to be the man who wins the WAR

militiamon
16-11-2012, 09:47 PM
Bitch please, how many times has Kanta been abused by the army of idiots on facebook? How many times has he been booed at games? BK has copped this and more regularly for the last few seasons.

There is valid criticism (like what parksey was saying) and then there is being a bunch of ****wits (see facebook, roid ragers at the back of bay 2). It's a disgrace how many people fall into the latter category.

MFKS
16-11-2012, 11:02 PM
Bitch please, how many times has Kanta been abused by the army of idiots on facebook? How many times has he been booed at games? BK has copped this and more regularly for the last few seasons.

There is valid criticism (like what parksey was saying) and then there is being a bunch of ****wits (see facebook, roid ragers at the back of bay 2). It's a disgrace how many people fall into the latter category.

Problem with the valid criticism is that it is ignored with the BK fan club who quickly jump to his defence whenever someone dares to suggest he has a fault/ made an error.

What is rather pathetic is each year we welcome new players to our club with open arms. Goody/Heskey/Ritter/Neville/Browny etc have all been given the benefit of doubt and an opportunity to establish themselves at the club. Compare that to Birraz who has been treated with suspicion from Day 1 from some quarters with the Birraz haterz almost willing for him to fail just to allow BK the chance to suceed. In a trial for NNSW Select Birraz pings a clearance into a Jets defenders head a billion to 1 chance to occur and ****s are on his case straight away. Drops a corner V Perth and the knives are out again. It ain't a Birraz isn't up to it agenda it is a we luv BK **** Birraz off agenda that I see

The whole thing is a ****ing joke.

I will state my position on the matter now I couldn't give a flying **** on who wears the GK jumper as long as they are the best we can get. This year it is a contest between Birraz and BK and I want the bloke who is doing the hard yards at training and deserving of the spot to be given the gig. Whoever that is has my support. I will cheer from them at the game. Then as my right as a fan I will sit here on this forum and give credit/criticism when it is due to whoever. While I am doing this I will be playing the ball and not the man

Grunta
17-11-2012, 08:43 AM
I for one am not saying BK is better than Birighitti. I wanted Neil Young to have more of a run as I believed him to be a better custodian in most areas.

What I am saying, is that he deserves respect for doing his best for the club in the chances he has been given. I think most of us do give him that respect, it's a small minority who just refuse to see the good that BK has done

+++1

hawk
17-11-2012, 09:13 AM
ghey debate.

And no more beckham talk. Cocknose can stay in plastic town.

GazFish35
17-11-2012, 01:45 PM
MFKS

I'd argue the "BK fan club' as you put it, do not hide from the errors he's made or any valid criticism of his performances. they (who i am one of) merely jump to his defense when the criticism is unwarranted, unfair or over the top.... which most of the rubbish said on facebook has been. FFS sake, i heard people slagging him for the first goal we conceeded this seson....... when the facts were that he wasnt on the field.

militiamon
17-11-2012, 05:20 PM
Heskey interviewed on Football Focus for BBC World:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20363054

Nothing particularly new but good exposure for the club and league all the same.

Raw Boned Youngster
17-11-2012, 07:46 PM
MFKS

I'd argue the "BK fan club' as you put it, do not hide from the errors he's made or any valid criticism of his performances. they (who i am one of) merely jump to his defense when the criticism is unwarranted, unfair or over the top.... which most of the rubbish said on facebook has been. FFS sake, i heard people slagging him for the first goal we conceeded this seson....... when the facts were that he wasnt on the field.

What sort of positional play is that!!!
A goalkeeper who isn't even on the field.
FFS.

Pico
17-11-2012, 11:15 PM
MFKS

FFS really, BK not on the field, no wonder Adelaide scored, ****en BK at it again costing us points :whistling:

Pico
19-11-2012, 11:14 AM
New TV deal a boost for A-League clubs

Val Migliaccio
The Advertiser
November 19, 2012 12:00AM

http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2012/11/18/1226519/130111-gallop.jpg
Football Federation Australian chief executive David Gallop at yesterday's A-League match between the Newcastle Jets and Wellington Phoenix at Hunter Stadium. Source: Getty Images

FOOTBALL Federation Australia's new chief executive David Gallop's first major announcement is destined to bring joy to the A-League clubs today.

A-League clubs from next season are destined to have the entire $2.775 million salary cap paid for by the FFA's new TV package meaning clubs should be closer to becoming debt-free entities.

It is understood the deal has been signed off by all parties except for one sticking point - the ability of the Federal Government to supply funding for SBS TV's part of the deal.

Hot on the heels of David Beckham being another potential superstar to light up the A-League, Gallop is destined to proclaim the game's biggest TV deal.

But after Alessandro Del Piero, Emile Heskey and Shinji Ono have helped attract record TV ratings and record crowds, FFA officials continued to remain coy about the announcement timing of the new four-year, $160 million Fox Sports and SBS deal.

Fox Sports will broadcast all five matches per round and will produce, package and deliver the entire A-League season's match-day programs with SBS taking one free-to-air feed per round.

Will be good to finally see what the deal is.

GazFish35
19-11-2012, 11:18 AM
uncanny

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/28100000/The-Many-Faces-of-Beavis-Butthead-beavis-and-butthead-28198812-487-365.jpg

Pico
19-11-2012, 11:19 AM
Gallop hails waking giant as boom TV deal looms

November 19, 2012

Dominic Bossi, Robert Dillon

http://images.smh.com.au/2012/11/18/3805850/art-B16-20GALLOP-20ld-620x349.jpg
"Every sport wants to run a competition with a belief that their team can beat any other team, and that's the sort of competition that the A-League is at the moment" ... FFA chief executive David Gallop. Photo: Brendan Esposito

FOOTBALL FEDERATION Australia is set to unveil a new TV deal on Monday that will deliver an expected $160 million over four years, more than double the value of the previous broadcast rights.

The package will include Socceroos and A-League fixtures to be shown live on Fox Sports and delayed by one hour on SBS. It will officially begin on July 1 but the new Fox Sports-SBS arrangement has already begun, with the free-to-air station broadcasting delayed international matches.

The broadcast deal has been negotiated over a long time, and was the former chief executive Ben Buckley's final commitment to the game before stepping down.

The FFA chief executive David Gallop took in yesterday's match between Newcastle Jets and Wellington Phoenix - the new chief's first taste of the round-ball code's game-day atmosphere in an official capacity. And while the former NRL supremo was sympathetic to Newcastle's plight, after an embarrassing 3-0 defeat, he preferred to look on the positives for the competition as a whole.
Advertisement

''Not a great day for the home team, but still enjoyable for me,'' was his post-match assessment. ''It was good to see such a healthy crowd [13,116], when you consider Wellington are not going to be able to have too many away fans here. I think that's a good sign.

''It was also indicative of the closeness of the competition. Every sport wants to run a competition with a belief that their team can beat any other team, and that's the sort of competition that the A-League is at the moment, which is pleasing.''

Having viewed football as a rival when he was at the helm of rugby league, Gallop was excited by the A-League's potential to become a major player.

''I think the sleeping giant metaphor, we've moved beyond that now,'' he said. ''The giant is well and truly awake, out of bed, and out the front door, from what we've seen in terms of success of the A-League this season and also the continued growth of grassroots football.

''Obviously there needs to be continued emphasis on connecting the grassroots to the elite level of the game, but work is being done in that regard, and that will be an important focus for me in my job.''

Gallop acknowledged Newcastle's proud footballing history, which dates from clubs such as Minmi Rangers, founded in 1884.

''There is a rich tradition of football in the Hunter,'' he said. ''Connecting the current game and the history of the game is very important; football has got some pretty deep roots in the Hunter.''

Gallop was relaxed about recent media coverage of the financial position of Jets owner Nathan Tinkler, whose business and horseracing empires have experienced some well-documented setbacks.

''It's not a concern at this stage, simply because nothing has happened to indicate otherwise,'' Gallop said. ''There's obviously a lot of publicity, but one of the focuses for us is supporting our owners, and Nathan has been a very important contributor. So I'm looking forward to understanding the business model and helping all out private owners.''

Gallop said he had spent time with Jets management watching Sunday's game ''but nothing in depth''.

Not surprisingly, he was excited about the possibility of luring superstar David Beckham to the A-League but added such a prospect was still speculative.

''It would be fantastic but we're not counting our chickens in relation to it,'' he said. ''What I can say is we're very comfortable that there is legitimate interest.''

www.smh.com.au/sport/a-league/gallop-hails-waking-giant-as-boom-tv-deal-looms-20121118-29kb3.html#ixzz2CcRFX0g3

Dillion with the scoop... or fairfax just too lazy to sent their boy from Sydney up the F3.

MFKS
20-11-2012, 03:43 PM
David Beckham to Play His Final Game for the LA Galaxy in MLS Cup 2012
Midfielder to end six-year playing career with LA on Dec. 1
November 19, 2012
LA Galaxy Communications
LAGalaxy.com

CARSON, Calif. (Monday, November 19, 2012) – LA Galaxy midfielder David Beckham announced today that MLS Cup 2012 on Saturday, December 1 will be his final competitive game with the club. Originally signed in January 2007, Beckham has spent the past six seasons with the Galaxy, helping lead the club to three MLS Cup berths, including the third championship in club history in 2011 when they beat the Houston Dynamo 1-0 in MLS Cup 2011 at The Home Depot Center in front of a then-stadium record of more than 30,000 fans.

TWEET YOUR WISHES TO BECKHAM USING HASHTAG #farewellbeckham

During his playing career with the Galaxy, Beckham catapulted Major League Soccer onto the world stage, dramatically enhancing its profile globally and increasing the popularity of soccer in the United States.

PHOTOS: Beckham's Galaxy Career

The arrival of Beckham in Southern California and Major League Soccer has coincided with a period of unrivaled growth for both the Galaxy and the league, which is approaching the conclusion of its 17th season. Seven expansion teams - Montreal, Portland, Vancouver, Philadelphia, Seattle, San Jose and Toronto FC - have debuted since 2007 while 15 of the league’s 19 teams now play in soccer specific stadiums, up from five prior to 2007. Attendance at those stadiums are at unprecedented highs with an average of 18,807 fans attending games during the 2012 MLS regular season and nearly 22,000 fans turning out per game in the postseason. Additionally, exposure and recognition of the Galaxy and MLS are at all-time highs with the league maintaining national television broadcast deals with ESPN, NBC Sports and Univision while the Galaxy reached a 10-year broadcast deal with Time Warner Cable Sports in November 2011 that is the most lucrative in MLS history.

"I've had an incredibly special time playing for the LA Galaxy, however, I wanted to experience one last challenge before the end of my playing career," Beckham said. "I don't see this as the end of my relationship with the league as my ambition is to be part of the ownership structure in the future."

INSTAGRAM YOUR BECKHAM PHOTOS USING HASHTAG #farewellbeckham

Beckham, who is managed by Simon Fuller’s XIX Entertainment, added, "In my time here I have seen the popularity of the game grow every year. I've been fortunate to win trophies, but more important to me has been the fantastic reception I've had from fans in L.A. and across the States. Soccer's potential has no limits in this wonderful country and I want to always be part of growing it."

In his six seasons with the Galaxy, Beckham appeared in 98 regular season games, tallying 18 goals and adding 40 assists, good for the fourth most in club history. An MLS Best XI selection in 2011 and a three-time MLS All-Star, Beckham also helped the Galaxy qualify for the quarterfinals of the CONCACAF Champions League in each of the last two years and reach the Western Conference Championship in each of the past four years, advancing to MLS Cup three times. Beckham has excelled in the postseason, appearing in and starting all 16 playoff games that the Galaxy have played since 2009. In that time, he has recorded eight assists, which are the third most in club history, meaning that he has set up one third of his team’s goals in that time. He set an MLS record by becoming the first player ever to register an assist in five consecutive postseason games, including one in all four of LA’s games during their run to the 2011 MLS Cup championship.

“Seldom does an athlete redefine a sport and David not only took our franchise to another level but he took our sport to another level,” said Tim Leiweke, President and CEO of AEG (Anschutz Entertainment Group). “It has been an honor and privilege to be a part of his world, and more importantly, to have him be a part of ours.”

MORE: Beckham photos, videos, player bio, wallpapers and more

A veteran of three World Cups and the most capped field player in England history, Beckham made 115 appearances for his country, scoring 17 goals while captaining the side on more than 50 occasions. His club career prior to coming to MLS was equally stellar, having won six Premier League titles during a sensational 12-year career at Manchester United that also saw him win the FA Cup twice and the 1999 UEFA Champions League title, helping United claim the “Treble” that season, winning the Premier League and FA Cup in addition to the Champions League. In July 2003, Beckham moved to Spain, signing with Real Madrid. In his final season at the Bernabeu, Beckham helped lead Madrid to the 2006-07 La Liga title, ending a four year title drought. Following that season, Beckham officially joined the Galaxy, debuting in a friendly against Chelsea at The Home Depot Center.

“When David Beckham signed with the LA Galaxy in 2007, he set out to help grow MLS and the sport of soccer in North America,” MLS Commissioner Don Garber said. “There is no doubt that MLS is far more popular and important here and abroad than it was when he arrived. David has achieved great things on and off the field during his time with the Galaxy, and he will always be an important part of our history. We look forward to his continued involvement with the LA Galaxy and the League.”

Beckham and the Galaxy will play for the fourth MLS Cup title in club history and their second straight championship on Saturday, December 1 when they host the Houston Dynamo in MLS Cup 2012 at The Home Depot Center. That game is scheduled to kick off at 1:30 p.m. (PT) and will be shown live nationally on ESPN and TeleFutura. MLS CUP TICKETS

Tinks cough up the ****ing cash

MFKS
20-11-2012, 05:58 PM
Snoop Dogg used to be such a simple guy to figure out. One listen to any of his songs told you pretty much all you needed to know about the hip-hip star -- and pretty much all of which would be unprintable in this space.

These days, though, the rapper born as Calvin Broadus is a much more complex figure. He records reggae under the name Snoop Lion and he's passionate about gardening, healthy eating and the grunge band Soundgarden.

And he wants to own a soccer team.

Well, not completely own a soccer team, but "enough of a percentage to get me on the board so I can be heard," he told the Daily Record.

And not just any soccer team, but Celtic, which caught Snoop's interest with its recent Champions League group-stage upset over Barcelona.

“I didn’t catch the whole Barcelona game but I watched the highlights. I know Barcelona are
a big deal, and it shows Celtic are a big deal as well," he said. “I see how passionate Celtic fans are about their team and I could see myself making an investment if any of the board wanted to sell."

Snoop has gone as far as to talk to his buddy David Beckham about the idea.

“I asked my man David about Celtic and he was like, ‘Yeah, teams don’t come much bigger,'" the rapper said of the soccer legend who currently plays for the Galaxy. “I would try and sign him up for a season but he is pretty happy over here. L.A. is home for him and his family now -- but I would have to at least make that offer to my boy."

So, as you can see, this is all still in the planning stages. But, oh, what a plan it might be. "I want to bring a bit of Snoop to things," he said.

“The boxes at Celtic would never be the same once I have hosted a party there.”

Now that's starting to sound like the Snoop Dogg we know and love.

Should see if he wants to buy us instead. Be much cheaper than a stake in Celtic and can you imagine how good it would be having Snoop Dog as the chairman!!!

Dainnan
22-11-2012, 04:43 PM
http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/256994,holger-brings-his-a-team-for-cup-qualifier.aspx

SOCCEROOS Head Coach Holger Osieck has selected a provisional squad made up almost entirely of A-League players to contest next month’s qualifying tournament for the East Asian Football Federation (EAFF) East Asian Cup 2013.

A squad of 25 players will go into a pre-tournament camp in Sydney from Monday until Thursday next week when Osciek will announce his final 20-man squad to travel to Hong Kong on November 30.

A total of nine players have received the first call up to Socceroos which also sees the return of veteran green and gold campaigner, Brett Emerton.

The qualifying tournament will be held from 1-9 December and will involve teams from Australia, Chinese-Taipei, Guam, Hong Kong & DPR Korea.

Due to the tournament being played outside official FIFA match dates, Osieck selected players currently playing in the A-League, have completed their domestic seasons or who are about to go on their mid-season break.

Aziz Behich, Eli Babalj and Tom Rogic return to the Qantas Socceroos squad after making their debuts against the Korea Republic last week as well as Robbie Cornthwaite who scored his first senior international goal and Michael Thwaite.

Terry Antonis and Adam Taggart receive their his first call-up to a Qantas Socceroos squad after recently helping the Qantas Young Socceroos qualify for the 2013 FIFA U-20 World Cup at the AFC U-19 Championship in the UAE.

Other players to receive their first selection in a Qantas Socceroos squad include Ivan Franjic, Rostyn Griffiths, Ben Halloran, Aaron Mooy and Osama Malik along with Dino Djulbic and Matt Smith who all recently received their relevant international clearances to represent Australia.

Returning to the Qantas Socceroos squad after absence are Emerton, Eugene Galekovic, Richard Garcia, Scott Jamieson, Michael Marrone and Dario Vidosic.

Osieck said he was perplexed by the restrictions placed on the size of the squad.

“We are only allowed to bring 20 players to Hong Kong which is a bit unusual,” he said. “Considering the fact that we have four games every second day that’s pretty strange.

“Anyway they give us only 20 players so that means from these 25 players I have to leave five players back in Australia.”

The EAFF East Asian Cup is a four-team tournament for men and women which is held every four years rotating between Japan, Korea Republic & China PR as the host nation. A fourth team is determined by a qualification process.

The men's and women's EAFF East Asian Cup 2013 will be held concurrently in Seoul, Korea Republic from July 20-18, 2013.

Qantas Socceroos Provisional Squad for EAFF East Asian Cup Qualifiers:

Terry ANTONIS (Sydney FC), Eli BABALJ (FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd), Aziz BEHICH (Melbourne Heart FC), Robert CORNTHWAITE (Chunnam Dragons), Dino DJULBIC (Guizhou Renhe), Ivan FRANJIC (Brisbane Roar FC), Brett EMERTON (Sydney FC), Eugene GALEKOVIC (gk) (Adelaide United), Richard GARCIA (Melbourne Heart), Rostyn GRIFFITHS, Ben HALLORAN (Brisbane Roar), Scott JAMIESON (Perth Glory), Osama MALIK (Adelaide United), Michael MARRONE (Melbourne Heart), Matt McKAY (Busan I Park), Mark MILLIGAN (Melbourne Victory), Aaron MOOY (Western Sydney Wanderers), Tom ROGIC (Central Coast Mariners), Mat RYAN (gk) (Central Coast Mariners), Matt SMITH (Brisbane Roar), Adam TAGGART (Newcastle Jets), Archie THOMPSON (Melbourne Victory), Michael THWAITE (Perth Glory), Dario VIDOSIC (Adelaide United), Luke WILKSHIRE (FK Dinamo Moscow).

Squad for the East Asian Cup 2013 qualifying tournament against Hong Kong, Chinese Taipei and North Korea next month.

I'm surprised Taggart has been called up. I admit I didn't see any of the recent Young Socceroos games though- he might have been tearing it up with them.

Also surprised that neither of the good Griffiths brothers got called up. Squad looks a little light up front and would have been the perfect opportunity to pick Joel or Ryan.

Won't complain too much though, as it means we'll have Ryan for the games against Brisbane (?), who'll be missing their best defenders and particularly against the Scum who'll be missing Ryan and Rogic.

Buddha
22-11-2012, 10:06 PM
How Ryan Griffiths has missed out is beyond you, me and so many others i could imagine

Terry Antonis? Is this a deadset gee-up?

parksey
22-11-2012, 11:40 PM
shoulda been you, griff

seldom
22-11-2012, 11:54 PM
Emerton ffs we're goin backwards here

russjaybee
23-11-2012, 10:25 AM
Osieck is not progressive. Zzzzz. Shit manager is shit.

MFKS
23-11-2012, 02:06 PM
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/1140324/adam-taggart-goes-from-jets-bench-to-socceroos/?cs=306

Sent the clowns at the Herald a post about this article the fact they have 4 blokes in the photo and none of them are Taggz at about 11am. 1pm now and they still haven't fixed it. Could also have something to do about the remarks about their shoddy journalism

pv4
23-11-2012, 02:22 PM
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/1140324/adam-taggart-goes-from-jets-bench-to-socceroos/?cs=306

Sent the clowns at the Herald a post about this article the fact they have 4 blokes in the photo and none of them are Taggz at about 11am. 1pm now and they still haven't fixed it. Could also have something to do about the remarks about their shoddy journalism

:lulz:

who is that, hoole? brown, vrteski & jobe aswell :lulz:

Grimario
23-11-2012, 02:37 PM
http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/newcastlejets/news-display/Chapman-inline-for-starting-spot/53659

Hunter Ports Newcastle Jets defender Connor Chapman could be in-line to start his first A-League match when the Jets take on Melbourne Heart at AAMI Park on Saturday evening.

Jets head coach Gary van Egmond indicated that Chapman is likely to come into one of the centre-back roles for Brazilian Tiago Calvano, who will not travel with the team to Melbourne.

“Someone like young Connor Chapman, he’s 18 years of age, but he’s done very well here in Newcastle when he played in the NBN State League, even though it’s a different level of course,” van Egmond said.

“He’s done really well in the youth team games when he’s been playing and he’s been a real standout in those games.

“He’s just come back from the Young Socceroos who have qualified for the World Cup and I spoke with (Australian U-20’s coach) Paul Okon and he was very high in his praise for Connor.

“He deserves his chance and I think it’s important to give these young ones the opportunity.”

Van Egmond said he had confidence that Chapman would have no troubles coping with the Heart’s tactic of applying defensive pressure high up the park.

“He’s a very level-headed boy, comfortable on the ball and he’s come through the system in regards to knowing how to play out from the back,” van Egmond said.

“Positionally he understands it, his decision making on the ball is very good, he’s technically very good and he’s definitely able to cope.

“He’s a genuine leader. Of course he’s a little bit young to lead senior teams at the moment but in the next two or three years he’s definitely one who’ll step up and be a leader of the team.”

Van Egmond also revealed that attacking midfielder Bernardo Ribeiro is likely to have a more prominent role in this weekend’s match.

The Brazilian has made two brief substitute appearances for the Jets so far this season, but could have the opportunity for more substantial minutes against the Heart.

“Bernardo is definitely understanding his role a lot better,” van Egmond said.

“I think we might have been relying on a couple of other guys in regards to (providing) something a little bit instinctive. I think maybe that hasn’t as much as we would have liked.

“The one thing Bernardo can give you is a point of difference. He deserves his spot, he’s been training hard and he understands his defensive duties a lot better now.

“He also understands the physicality of the league here because that’s also something you need to get used to as well and he deserves his chance.

“It’ll be a good test for him and one he’s really looking forward to. He’s waited a while now to get his opportunity and this weekend he’ll get it.”

In other team news, Dominik Ritter and Craig Goodwin have both recovered from injuries that saw them miss last weekend's loss to Wellington.

The pair will travel with the team to Melbourne, however van Egmond said Goodwin’s role may be limited.

“Craig I wouldn’t say is 100% fit, but he’s pretty close and with that in mind he’s probably best being utilised off the bench to make an impact,” he said.

pv4
23-11-2012, 02:40 PM
why no tiago? been one of our best.

love that chapman is getting a gig though. much better option than regan.

the whole ribeiro thing, how he "doesn't understand the physicality of the league", just highlights to me that we need more hal opposition in preseason so he's getting exposure to the league, rather than schooling state league teams and/or being hidden from games.

namwob99
23-11-2012, 03:41 PM
why no tiago? been one of our best.
Really?

Grimario
23-11-2012, 03:43 PM
He has been one of our best yet a bunch of our goals conceded have been because of him...

pv4
23-11-2012, 03:52 PM
He has been one of our best yet a bunch of our goals conceded have been because of him...

are you talking about tiago this season, or bk last season

:gent:

q-money
23-11-2012, 03:53 PM
at least tiago can hit a pass longer than five metres

and kick box

:fight:

Grimario
23-11-2012, 03:53 PM
are you talking about tiago this season, or bk last season

:gent:

Tarago this season. Waving his imaginary offside flag for Brockie last weekend, passing the ball directly to Perth a few weekends back, the tackle on ADP that lead to his first ever goal, the pass to Thompson for his goal...

Poshpom
23-11-2012, 04:13 PM
Tarago this season. Waving his imaginary offside flag for Brockie last weekend, passing the ball directly to Perth a few weekends back, the tackle on ADP that lead to his first ever goal, the pass to Thompson for his goal...

other than that he's been great! :sigh:

Grimario
23-11-2012, 04:45 PM
tbf, I was mostly trolling pv4... despite being at fault for at least those 4, he has probably been responsible for preventing 30 others.

q-money
23-11-2012, 04:54 PM
the tackle on ADP was brilliant

lil_masi
23-11-2012, 05:01 PM
Mitchell has been equally rubbish if not worse. Drop him as well, new CB pairing Regan/Chapman.

Bira did so many awesome saves because the defence in front of him was sheit!

seldom
23-11-2012, 05:05 PM
Glad Chapman is gettin a run but would of dropped Mitchell tbh

Grimario
23-11-2012, 05:15 PM
Mitchell has been equally rubbish if not worse. Drop him as well, new CB pairing Regan/Chapman.
Apart from the Perth game, Mitchell has been pretty average. Would definitely like to see a pair of ball playing central defenders in Tiago and Chapman have a run together, see how they work out considering our play from the back mentality which Mitchell just doesn't seem up to. Not sure Regan is a ball player either though...

lil_masi
23-11-2012, 05:17 PM
Apart from the Perth game, Mitchell has been pretty average. Would definitely like to see a pair of ball playing central defenders in Tiago and Chapman have a run together, see how they work out considering our play from the back mentality which Mitchell just doesn't seem up to. Not sure Regan is a ball player either though...

forget about 2 ball playing CBs for now, top priority should be clean sheet!

parksey
23-11-2012, 07:47 PM
tiago has been really good this season, yet he does have a tendency to switch off at times and it always seems to cost us.

hawk
25-11-2012, 09:34 PM
Glad Chapman is gettin a run but would of dropped Mitchell tbh

Chumpman was great:sigh:

Poshpom
25-11-2012, 11:11 PM
Chumpman was great:sigh:

Thought he went pretty well, what is he, 19 years old? I'd like to know what his pass completion rate was, didn't seem to give it away at all. Also thought he came back from the penalty incident really well, he could have gone to water, the way Neville did for half hour, but didn't.

I for one was very impressed, well played son!

Bremsstrahlung
25-11-2012, 11:33 PM
I think we can expect a bit of tinkering with Chapman, Mitchell, Tiago and maybe Regan if he ever gets back in the good books.
Wouldn't be surprised if Tiago and Chapman get the gig this weekend.

Tbh, although Regan doesn't have the technical ability of some other players, his organisation, communication and determination could be what we need.

MFKS
26-11-2012, 10:41 AM
After having watched Chapman play in the Yoofs a bit I can see the kid has got some faults that are gonna cost us some goals as he irons them out of his game. In the mean time we are gonna witness the rise of a damn fine kid developing his game onwards to Euro League and Socceroos Selection.

Wasn't really surprised he gave away the pen after 3-4 mins he pushes his luck a little in Yoof level at times with his defending in the box. Do this a couple of times at HAL level and I am pretty sure the Egg will be working on ways to stop the needless pens

Bremsstrahlung
26-11-2012, 10:47 AM
Wasn't really surprised he gave away the pen after 3-4 mins he pushes his luck a little in Yoof level at times with his defending in the box. Do this a couple of times at HAL level and I am pretty sure the Egg will be working on ways to stop the needless pens

Couple of defend-without-fouls sessions, a guide to clean tackles. Could be a chance for Chapman and Tiago to bond....

MFKS
26-11-2012, 11:10 AM
Couple of defend-without-fouls sessions, a guide to clean tackles. Could be a chance for Chapman and Tiago to bond....

I would be keeping him away from Tarago!!

Watched Chapo in one of the Yoof games I think V Edgy and the Edgy players were getting overtly physical with the Yoof.
Whilst his teammates went to water and lost the game Chapo was the only one not only taking it but also dishing it back. We are talking old school tactics studs down calves and achilles, stepping on opponents feet etc.

Don't think Tarago would be a great influence on Chapo teaching him the art of the sly elbow and other tricks that Chapo may or may not be aware of.

Also we don't need 2 lunatic centre halves on the field with the potential of brain fart at anytime. Ones more than enough!!

Jetmaster
26-11-2012, 04:57 PM
WTF ???? Let them have Deans....

Van Egmond rejects Sydney FC approach

Monday, 26 November 2012 3:40 PM

Following media enquiries this afternoon, the Newcastle Jets can confirm coach Gary van Egmond was offered the Head Coaching role at Sydney FC, effective immediately.

The Jets wish to advise van Egmond has declined the offer and remains committed to the Club.

“Gary is a great coach and it is a massive compliment that Sydney FC would be chasing his services,” CEO Robbie Middleby said.

“In saying that, we feel it is disrespectful to approach a contracted coach to leave any Club at this point in a season.

“Gary has made it clear he is remaining loyal and staying to continue what he has started, including the development of our exciting young players and in particular, growing the Emerging Jets Program.”

This is why you have to hate everything about Smurf FC - it's all about them.

emma
26-11-2012, 06:30 PM
It's pretty slack of Sydney to go after a contracted coach, but very satisfying that it backfired on them!

q-money
26-11-2012, 06:46 PM
take deans

stopper2
26-11-2012, 06:56 PM
It's pretty slack of Sydney to go after a contracted coach, but very satisfying that it backfired on them!
Just proves the mentality and ethics that are instilled in that club. Actually, the FFA if it has any balls should be coming out and condoning this. I thought that clubs aren't supposed to approach contracted players? If that's the case, shouldn't coaches be in the same boat also?

emma
26-11-2012, 07:01 PM
Just proves the mentality and ethics that are instilled in that club. Actually, the FFA if it has any balls should be coming out and condoning this. I thought that clubs aren't supposed to approach contracted players? If that's the case, shouldn't coaches be in the same boat also?

I agree. Unfortunately, because it is Sydney, the FFA will probably ignore it or say something like it is great that Australian coaches are in demand.

GazFish35
26-11-2012, 07:27 PM

Condoning?

WolfMan
26-11-2012, 07:52 PM
Condemning methinks

sammydog
26-11-2012, 09:47 PM
Typical Sydney. But hey, the league needs sydney to be doing well, even if its at the expense of every other club.

Love that they failed, but who in their right mind would want to coach that team?

If they have resorted to trying to poach aleague coaches, I guess that means no international coaches would touch the place.

belchardo
26-11-2012, 10:02 PM
I guess that means no international coaches would touch the place.

pretty much the take home message for me.

Grimario
26-11-2012, 10:04 PM
Love that they failed, but who in their right mind would want to coach that team?

If they are short of candidates, I would happily take the job.

belchardo
26-11-2012, 10:17 PM
If they are short of candidates, I would happily take the job.

take em down from the inside? true newy fan, but better if you wait for the CCM job to come up.

namwob99
27-11-2012, 07:31 AM
I bet Ali Abbas is breathing a little easier now that GVE turned it down!!

au revoir
27-11-2012, 02:36 PM
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1130659/Griffiths-shooting-for-Sydney-deal

Griffiths shooting for Sydney deal

27 November 2012-SBS EXCLUSIVE

Sydney FC could have a new coach and striker in the coming weeks with Joel Griffiths in talks over a move to the A-League club in the January transfer window.

The Sky Blues are firming as the next destination for Griffiths either as a guest player or a long-term deal.

Poised to become a free agent after a season playing alongside Didier Drogba and Nicolas Anelka at Shanghai Shenhua, the 33-year-old former Newcastle Jets golden boot is keen to return to the A-League after four years in Asia.

Griffiths' Sydney-based representative Luke Torossian has already held preliminary talks with Sydney FC football director Gary Cole over a contract for the natural number nine, who can also operate wide on the right.

Former club Newcastle is also in the mix but Sydney – home of his younger brother Adam – appears to have the inside running on Griffiths who scored 19 goals in 56 appearances for Beijing Guoan and six in 18 for Shanghai.

While he also has options in the Chinese Super League, with a second child due soon, Sydney-raised Griffiths is ready to return to his roots – even though he will have to take a significant pay cut.

"There are some A-League clubs that are keen and I am now back in Australia thinking about my next move," he said.

"I can't join any club until January anyway but I am certainly open to offers. "There is a tremendous buzz around the A-League right now. It's getting a lot of hype and I would like to be a part of it.

“If my friends, most of who are footy players, are talking about the A-League then the competition must be doing something right.

"We'll wait and see what happens. If I come back to the A-League it won't be for money. It will be more about the lifestyle for my family."

Sydney FC, which looks set to imminently unveil former Australia and Brisbane Roar boss Frank Farina as its stop-gap replacement for Ian Crook, has been leaning heavily on the goals of Alessandro Del Piero and is in need of a proven finisher at the pointy end.

After being courted by Western Sydney Wanderers before failing to come to financial terms as recently as last month, Griffiths believes he is more than up to the task of delivering the goals the Sky Blues need to revive their season.

Though his arrival would not come until past the halfway mark of the season, he is convinced he make still make an impression after his experience in China with Drogba and Anelka.

"I am 33 but feeling really good and I had strong last half of the season in China," he said.

"I am coming off an incredible experience of playing alongside two of the best strikers to have played the game on the international stage in the last few years.

"You can't buy that sort of experience. You just learn from it and both those guys enjoyed passing on their knowledge. "I have become a far calmer player these days."

**** off cunce, stay away from griffo.

boz-monaut
27-11-2012, 03:03 PM
to quote from the classics, I've got a bad feeling about this

pv4
27-11-2012, 03:03 PM
how hard is it - sack jesic, sign griff to aust marquee. nothing goes wrong with salary cap.

ffs

Bon
27-11-2012, 03:06 PM
Typical Sydney.. Linked to everyone..
Maybe they need to focus on getting a defence, they seem to be able to score the odd goal, but its conceding a minimum of 2 goals a game that is a problem..
That and being a massive bunch of pea-hearts.. :tongue:

pv4
27-11-2012, 03:35 PM
To whom it may concern

I am writing this email to stress the importance that I feel the Newcastle Jets Football Club should be attempting to sign Joel Griffiths in the upcoming January transfer window.

Every time Griffiths is rumoured to be returning to the A-League, it is rumours of Sydney FC wanting to sign him. This distresses me greatly.

Joel is a Newcastle hero. I don't think anyone at HSG truly understands how important he is to us fans. You MUST sign him. He must NOT play for another A-League team. We've already been let down once in the past with our former hero returning to the league to play for another team (ironically, Sydney FC) in Nick Carle.

You will lose members if Joel is allowed to return to the league for a different team. I promise that I will not renew mine, nor my wife's, father's, sister's, nephew's or niece's memberships if Joel Griffiths plays for another team. Interestingly enough, the membership counter at the Superstore was at 10,999 when I signed my wife up. So you will lose your 11,000th member.

The initial response I would expect (if any response, which I bet I won't get) from HSG would be "we have filled our roster, and have no space for Joel". I counted Sydney FC's registered players on their website - they have 24. One more than allowed. But I bet they would undoubtedly find a way to fit him in, whereas our club seems ridiculously reluctant to even attempt to.

Here's a solution - terminate Marko Jesic's contract. Why are we paying $137,000 per year for a youth squad player? Or how about Michael Bridges - whose only purpose seems to be time-wasting?

Or - sign Joel to a guest contract, or injury replacement, or something.

There are plenty of solutions to the matter.

Joel Griffiths was the reason we won the 07/08 season. He's the reason there are so many hardcore supporters of the club.

If Joel Griffiths ever plays for another A-League team, you will have turned Newcastle Jets FC into a club that I will no longer recognise with.

I hope this reaches the eyes of someone who can stand up and finally put an end to this madness - and SIGN JOEL GRIFFITHS

Yours in football
pv4

the email-bombing has begun

plague
27-11-2012, 03:40 PM
Don't stress lads. Obviously hanging with Anelka has taught Griff how to white ant a club.
He's obviously just coming back to continue the work of the likes of McBreen and Durante.
With Anelkas tutorage Griff will have the place burned to the ground within months.

Always doing it for Newy, hail Griff.

parksey
27-11-2012, 04:14 PM
i don't want to live on this planet anymore

Bon
27-11-2012, 04:15 PM
We have seen and heard all of this stuff from The Lord Griff and his agent before..
I'm sure it is just playing clubs against each other to get the best deal.. Even if he says it isn't..
And Sydney need some sort of potential hope to believe in, cause they haven't got much at the moment.

sh10
27-11-2012, 04:35 PM
the email-bombing has begun

just sent this to HSG and the NUJ email addresses. Pray to Griff

hauss
27-11-2012, 05:11 PM
I was going to send an email, but what is the point. How could they not know that the fans want Joel to return.

Robbie Middleby used to be Joel's teammate (this could be a good or bad thing). Ryan is playing for the club. GVE said Joel would be a great addition to the squad. Again, how could they not know. If someone in the powers that be doesn't want him then a whole heap of begging by email won't change things. IMO a big demonstration at the CCM game would be of more benefit, like a chant that went around the ground. Then they would see what Joel means to us. Or bomb them on Twitter and facebook so the campaign is visible.

I've just got this feeling that Robbie has his vision for the club and what the fans want doesn't matter that much. It should be obvious that noone is very excited about the club at the moment. We've all bought our memberships to ensure that the club doesn't go bankrupt and its great the Heskey has signed but its not like he is putting any extra people in the stands. The passion is missing. The love affair between the players and fans is missing. Joel could bring that back but maybe someone doesn't want that for whatever reason.

hauss
27-11-2012, 05:19 PM
Just tweeted @NewcastleJetsFC using #JoelGriffiths - for what it's worth.

Jetmaster
27-11-2012, 05:22 PM
At the ninth minute of the next home game against CCM, all supporters are to stand and applaud in unison.

Actually, there is a fair chance Griffo will be in attendance.

hauss
27-11-2012, 05:41 PM
Yeah just a thumping drum beat with a BRING BACK GRIFFO chant at the end would be great in the 9th minute.

X X X X X X BRING BACK GRIFFO!
X X X X X X BRING BACK GRIFFO!

Continue on and on until it starts going around the whole stadium.

Put messages in Newcastle Herald comments that this will be happening (if it will be happening)

Guerny
27-11-2012, 05:46 PM
... Maybe they need to focus on getting a defence, they seem to be able to score the odd goal, but its conceding a minimum of 2 goals a game that is a problem...

I'm confused! Are you talking about Sydney or the Jets?????

G

Grimario
27-11-2012, 05:48 PM
Continue on and on until it starts going around the whole stadium.

Unless it is just a mob mentality kicking in that would have them chanting, I would be surprised if half the people in the whole stadium even know who Griff is.

hauss
27-11-2012, 06:00 PM
Unless it is just a mob mentality kicking in that would have them chanting, I would be surprised if half the people in the whole stadium even know who Griff is.

Are you serious? What do you think people around the stadium do on game day? There is only a small number stupid enough to stand in the coffee van line while the game is on.

q-money
27-11-2012, 06:03 PM
sif this would ever happen, your average brayden hates the griff

Grimario
27-11-2012, 06:07 PM
Are you serious? What do you think people around the stadium do on game day? There is only a small number stupid enough to stand in the coffee van line while the game is on.

Not sure how that effects their ability to know who Lord Griff is. Had some randoms sitting next to me a few weeks ago who asked if Ben Kennedy was the same one that used to play for the Knights, FFS. Sif they would have a clue about the Legend of the Griff.

hauss
27-11-2012, 06:18 PM
Not sure how that effects their ability to know who Lord Griff is. Had some randoms sitting next to me a few weeks ago who asked if Ben Kennedy was the same one that used to play for the Knights, FFS. Sif they would have a clue about the Legend of the Griff.

I see a lot of fans around the ground that have been with the club from the start.

Muswellbrookian
27-11-2012, 07:50 PM
Sydney are c*nts. Joel and his agent may well be trying to play clubs off against each other, but it's almost certain that the Jets aren't one of them. If he comes back to the A-League, he won't be getting paid by HSG.

Would be (probably will be) sad to see him wearing the colours of another club, and sickening if it ends up being sky blue.

Jetmaster
27-11-2012, 09:54 PM
He says the money won't come into it.....so if he doesn't come here it is either because the club won't pursue him (in which case they should say so ASAP)....or, he just doesn't want to come back and like his brother has a wish to play for his home town side.

belchardo
27-11-2012, 10:05 PM
gird your loins boys, i feel a betrayal coming on.

The Dunster
27-11-2012, 10:56 PM
There is no way Sydney FC can sign Lord Griffiths when they already have Emmerton and Culina on their books.

Unless that is Emmerton retires to make way and a coin is tossed between Griffo and Culina to decide who becomes Aus marquee and who the creative accountants get under the salary cap.

Alternatively, the FFA might change the rules to accomodate Uncle Franks team.

howardyou
27-11-2012, 10:58 PM
gird your loins boys, i feel a betrayal coming on.

There would be some pretty limp dicks around here if that happens.

Lichael Richards
27-11-2012, 11:34 PM
He wont go there.

Muswellbrookian
27-11-2012, 11:46 PM
He wont go there.

He just might. Loyalty in football got f*cked in the arse a long time ago - I don't see why vague sentimental memories of Newcastle would hold him back if Sydney have put together a decent offer. As pv4 said, there's the small issue of them already having 24 players on their books, but unlike us, they usually manage to work out a way around that sort of obstacle. HSG, like Con's mob before them, just look at the roster and say, "Ah well, it's full. Hands tied, nothing we can do, Jesic and Gallaway are stars of the future", and all the rest of the wank they go on with.

MFKS
28-11-2012, 12:51 AM
FFS Patience all

Have you seen Sydney FC play??

Lord Griffo after watching them ONCE will be more than convinced that even his extraordinary talents cant rescue them from their impending wooden spoon. Why in ****s name would you want to sign up to that rabble of shite at present???

Career ****ing suicide.

As soon as he sits down and watches little bro R Griff in action and sees we are going good and the only thing keeping him out of a staring ROLE is Heskey. Why wouldn't he return.??

FAITH IN LORD GRIFFO

pv4
28-11-2012, 05:42 AM
There would be some pretty limp dicks around here if that happens.

I think you'll find there'll be a few of those dicks who won't be around here (aka won't support the jets anymore) if it happens

Jetmaster
28-11-2012, 09:16 AM
Why in ****s name would you want to sign up to that rabble of shite at present??

Let's be factual....

* He might like to finish his career in his home town.
* He gets to play once more with his twin brother, in front of his family.
* He plays with Del Piero providing service.
* Sydney are desperate - Jets are not.
* All the mates he had here in the squad have moved on.
* It's a high profile gig.
* We have Heskey now and he realises he wouldn't be the focal point - he couldn't play well with Zura.
* I don't think he gets on well with Middleby, GVEs advances have previously been rejected by HSG.
* Deans

On the plus, I expect these comments came about after SFC told him GVE was coming to Sydney - all bets might now be off. Also the thought of the two Griffs running off Heskey is fapworthy.

My gut feeling though, is we won't see Griff back here no matter what.

Jeterpool
28-11-2012, 10:07 AM
Presumably Griffiths would want to start.

Where would you fit him in? Would you replace Ribeiro and have him in the No 10 role? I'm not sure if this position is best suited to him. He is a striker, not a creative mid.

or we can remove his brother, Heskey or Goodwin?

I don't think we can fit him in the team unless its on the bench to be perfectly honest.

pv4
28-11-2012, 10:28 AM
with the inclusion of griff i genuinely see the full-strength lineup as such:

-------------biraz---------------
neville--tiago--mitchell--ritter
------------jobe----------------
ryu--------brown*-----goodwin
-------griff-----heskey---------

bk
chapman
rubez
taggart

*give him some time, he'll come good

heskey has spent a large part of his career playing alongside another striker. he's pretty versatile. with someone as immense as griff alongside him, i can see the two up front working out well. i think with an attack as hectic as that, we won't need a second holding mid.

MFKS
28-11-2012, 12:18 PM
FFS Heskey out Griff In.

HEskey can sit on the bench for all I ****ing care

Lord Griffo >> Heskeytime

Also PV4 this line up of yours ??
No Zadkovich WTF??
Back 4 is the same clowns who let in goal after goal as a combo???

pv4
28-11-2012, 12:26 PM
Also PV4 this line up of yours ??
No Zadkovich WTF??
Back 4 is the same clowns who let in goal after goal as a combo???

resting zadko so he doesn't get injured.

our back 4 won't change too much no matter who is posting it. for me, neville & ritter have been some our best widebacks we've had at the club ever. i really rate both tiago & mitchell, i know others don't. regan is the answer for nothing imo. chapman could probably be replacing mitchell, but i'd definately leave the people's champ tiago in. imo the reason they concede so much is the moment we get it up to the likes of your virgili's and co we just effing waste the ball - and no matter how good your defence is, if you let an opposition have the ball and receive wave after wave of attack, you're going to concede. yes, tiago has passed it to the opposition and they've scored, so i can't blame it on virgili. but i can blame virgili for turning over possession that's led to goals or near-goals a whole bloody lot more. we defend from the front, starting from keeping possession & then actually having front men try to tackle - and that's what we're lacking majorly. for a possession-based game, we're turning the ball over way too much in mid-to-high areas & it's making our defence look worse than it is.

Jeterpool
28-11-2012, 12:33 PM
with the inclusion of griff i genuinely see the full-strength lineup as such:

-------------biraz---------------
neville--tiago--mitchell--ritter
------------jobe----------------
ryu--------brown*-----goodwin
-------griff-----heskey---------

bk
chapman
rubez
taggart

*give him some time, he'll come good

heskey has spent a large part of his career playing alongside another striker. he's pretty versatile. with someone as immense as griff alongside him, i can see the two up front working out well. i think with an attack as hectic as that, we won't need a second holding mid.

So we will expose an already shaky defence by removing one of our defensive mids to accomodate Griffiths in the team? I don't see Ryan, Brown or Goodwin committing to the extra defensive responsibilities so we can accomodate 2 strikers sitting up top. I think that is a luxury we aren't in a position to afford

Lionel Hutz
28-11-2012, 12:36 PM
lets take the obvious emotion and love joel girffiths gets on here and look at the facts. he scored 28 goals in his 60 games or 4 seasons (06-10) for the jets as per wikipedia. He top scored in the a-league with 12 in 2008. 28 minus 12 is 16 across the other 3 years which is 5.3 goals per year. he has a poor discipline record and is 33 years old.
In possibly coming back to the a-league he would be looking for one last big pay day (dont blame him one bit) but i just dont see the value in him. He goes against the youth policy GVE has established which i actually like. If the jets/HSG/GVE really wanted him, they wouldve splashed the cash and made him the marquee signing, instead we got heskey who in my opinion is a better player. Some of the fans might love to see him back, but i think more are on the heskey bandwagon now and just look at the extra exposure the club has received from signing heskey in australia and overseas. wouldve we received the same exposure had we signed joel griffiths, i seriously doubt it.

pv4
28-11-2012, 12:38 PM
jeterpool.. read my post above - my thoughts are there.

ange's victory are doing fine with no defence & a heap of attack.

brisbane have gone downhill since rado came in and stated "we're playing 2 holding mids, not 1 anymore".

#justsayin

Jeterpool
28-11-2012, 12:53 PM
jeterpool.. read my post above - my thoughts are there.

ange's victory are doing fine with no defence & a heap of attack.

brisbane have gone downhill since rado came in and stated "we're playing 2 holding mids, not 1 anymore".

#justsayin

I read what you wrote. Good to get some discussion going! It came across to me as "score more than the opposition does". If we had a stronger defensive unit, I'd have no problem with the formation.

I'd question your statement about Ange's Victory - 2 weeks ago i wouldn't have said they were doing fine. And Brisbane, the game I watched on the weekend I swore they were playing 1 holding mid too - I'll watch closer this weekend.

If bringing back Griffiths means changing the style of play the team Gary has been building for the last year and a bit to accomodate him, then it's a no-brainer. The team is bigger than any 1 player. This whole thing sounds to me like, for example, Liverpool fans who want to bring back Torres or Benitez.

We're trying to bring Griffiths back to help us score goals, which hasn't been our problem this year - we are dropping points because we can't defend. The clubs money, in my opinion, would be better spent adressing this area of the pitch instead.

BodyNovo
28-11-2012, 01:05 PM
5-3 wins everyday of the week compared to 1-0 wins

sign griff, the kids & the mums want him.

The Dunster
28-11-2012, 01:08 PM
lets take the obvious emotion and love joel girffiths gets on here and look at the facts. he scored 28 goals in his 60 games or 4 seasons (06-10) for the jets as per wikipedia. He top scored in the a-league with 12 in 2008. 28 minus 12 is 16 across the other 3 years which is 5.3 goals per year. he has a poor discipline record and is 33 years old.
In possibly coming back to the a-league he would be looking for one last big pay day (dont blame him one bit) but i just dont see the value in him. He goes against the youth policy GVE has established which i actually like. If the jets/HSG/GVE really wanted him, they wouldve splashed the cash and made him the marquee signing, instead we got heskey who in my opinion is a better player. Some of the fans might love to see him back, but i think more are on the heskey bandwagon now and just look at the extra exposure the club has received from signing heskey in australia and overseas. wouldve we received the same exposure had we signed joel griffiths, i seriously doubt it.

Anelka has scored 3 goals in 12 games for Shanghai Shenhua.

Griffo has scored 6 goals in 18 games for Shanghai Shenhua.

Griffo > Anelka.

Bring him home Tinks. We won't need any defence.

q-money
28-11-2012, 01:37 PM
a little part of me doesn't want the great one to return, as seeing your barry berrigans and robbo robinsons go HAM when people call for it on the heralds and 442s etc is up there with the time he hooked snake up with some fat chicks

pv4
28-11-2012, 01:41 PM
I read what you wrote. Good to get some discussion going! It came across to me as "score more than the opposition does". If we had a stronger defensive unit, I'd have no problem with the formation.

I'd question your statement about Ange's Victory - 2 weeks ago i wouldn't have said they were doing fine. And Brisbane, the game I watched on the weekend I swore they were playing 1 holding mid too - I'll watch closer this weekend.

If bringing back Griffiths means changing the style of play the team Gary has been building for the last year and a bit to accomodate him, then it's a no-brainer. The team is bigger than any 1 player. This whole thing sounds to me like, for example, Liverpool fans who want to bring back Torres or Benitez.

We're trying to bring Griffiths back to help us score goals, which hasn't been our problem this year - we are dropping points because we can't defend. The clubs money, in my opinion, would be better spent adressing this area of the pitch instead.

in a sense i was saying "let's score more than them" but mostly i'm saying if we have an attacking unit that doesn't give the ball away etc it'll put less pressure on our defence.

ange's victory are coming good, and will get better. he's had a lot less time to install his ideas down there, and he's now beginning to get them clicking.

yep they played one holding mid and had a close game against one of the better-performing teams in the comp. when rado came in he said he wanted to change to 2 holding mids, and they had an abysmal start to the season. what i'm saying is - with a forceful attack, there's no need for the extra cover man.

in argument against gary's system - i see barely any high-pressing, high-intensity, high-possession game. his "system" is an ideal, and has not been produced. we are scrapping games. our attack is not classy enough as is to hold possession in high areas. we need to fix this to even remotely go close to finding the form his system desires. griff is perfect for his system imo.

WolfMan
28-11-2012, 06:23 PM
After reading through the FFA's National Coaching Curriculum, you can definitely see GVE is rigidly incorporating the preferred 4-3-3 system/ philosophy.

I think this will work in the long-run. Not only for the Jets, but will also make the progression from Junior to Senior football and beyond that much easier, for everybody.

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/site/_content/document/00000101-source.pdf

hawk
29-11-2012, 11:09 AM
"score more than the opposition does"
Worst theory ever. Spoken by chumps that are bereft of knowledge and have no idea how to fix a defence leaking like a sieve.

MFKS
29-11-2012, 01:16 PM
After reading through the FFA's National Coaching Curriculum, you can definitely see GVE is rigidly incorporating the preferred 4-3-3 system/ philosophy.

I think this will work in the long-run. Not only for the Jets, but will also make the progression from Junior to Senior football and beyond that much easier, for everybody.

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/site/_content/document/00000101-source.pdf

Our club is actually incorporating it well in the Yoofs. Watch the Yoof play and they are are trying to play the way GVE professes to at a level much closer to his spoken philosophy. Probably the biggest issue is that the players required to play the system are not really there but that is more of an issue with FFA to solve with the kids skills needing improvement

As for the first team we get a bastardised version that looks nothing like it sounds. That also being said it may be the right way to go. This system requires a bit of a understanding to work it properly and time is required to learn it properly. Forcing it onto the current HAL side who would have spent most of their development years playing 4-4-2 i probably a recipe for disaster if it don't work out and after all the Egg needs results to keep his job and keep the Haters off his back.

You could also argue that these blokes are pro footballers and should be able to adapt but after all they are pro footballers and simple philosophies seem to cause massive issues with them being unable to get their head around ie see our strategy V Phoenix

Will be good to see in 4-5 years when GVE's philosophy starts to bear fruit with the Emerging Jets program having the kids playing it for a few years before progressing to the HAL Level

Jeterpool
29-11-2012, 01:30 PM
Worst theory ever. Spoken by chumps that are bereft of knowledge and have no idea how to fix a defence leaking like a sieve.

I can tell you're taking the piss. Of course we need to score more than the opposition does to win matches.

What I was trying to say was to simply attack-attack-attack isn't everything. Have a look and in majority of leagues over time, those with the best defensive records are the ones usually 1, 2 and 3 on the table.

There needs to be a balance, which our defence - at the moment - aren't providing.

MFKS
29-11-2012, 01:47 PM
I can tell you're taking the piss. Of course we need to score more than the opposition does to win matches.

What I was trying to say was to simply attack-attack-attack isn't everything. Have a look and in majority of leagues over time, those with the best defensive records are the ones usually 1, 2 and 3 on the table.

There needs to be a balance, which our defence - at the moment - aren't providing.

Precisely right DEFENCE wins titles in nearly all sports. Everyone always marvels over the attack from teams but it it what they do without the ball that goes the furthest to deciding if they win or lose. It is very rare that an attacking team wins comps. Spain/Barca are a rare exception to the rule!!

Arsenal win shit despite some breath taking football yet Man Utd whose football has been shit for about 5 years now are constantly there when the whips are cracking in the the UCL / EPL. Chelsea are another classic example where their football isn't that appealing on the eye but it wins titles

In the NRL West Tigers are put down as favourites every year for their razzle dazzle footy but it is Manly Storm etc who get the title due to their defence

pv4
29-11-2012, 02:18 PM
keeping possession is the key - which our attacking mids/forwards aren't doing well enough currently. no matter how good a defence is, if they're being bombarded by the other team they're going to concede eventually.

MFKS
29-11-2012, 02:35 PM
Australia to fight for ACL spots
28 November 2012-SBS: Scott McIntyre

Football Federation Australia officials face an intense day of lobbying in Kuala Lumpur after the AFC’s competitions committee voted yesterday to reduce Australia’s Champions League spots to one direct entry and one playoff slot.

Australia fell short of the AFC’s required benchmark score in its review of the competition with the main sticking point being the fact that the A-League is not run as a separate entity from the federation.

As a result only one club – in all probability premiership winner Central Coast Mariners – will now gain entry into the tournament proper.

A second club, almost certainly grand final winner Brisbane Roar, will then have to enter the qualification tournament against a team from Thailand, adding substantially to the financial burden facing ACL clubs.

Unlike last season there will be no third slot available, meaning Perth Glory is likely to be left empty-handed unless the AFC’s executive committee amends the recommendation on Thursday.

Speaking to The World Game in Malaysia, FFA chief executive David Gallop said the move came as a surprise.

“The acknowledgment today of the ACL allocation certainly produced some odd results,” he said.

“We’ve raised concerns not in relation to subjective determinations that were part of the decision but also at the unintended consequence of that application and we believe we’ve got forceful points to make when considered by Exco.”

Moreover Gallop questioned the reasoning behind the move given that Australia will host the AFC’s flagship competition, the Asian Cup, in just over two years.

“Participation in the ACL is an important part of the build-up to the Asian Cup in 2015 both in Australia and throughout Asia and on a common sense level it doesn’t stack up to have Australia’s presence diluted.”

In a move orchestrated by a block of West Asian nations, India, Jordan, Vietnam and Singapore are understood to be the other nations that have lost out in the new allocation of spots.

Be ****ing hilarious if they go the other way and put Roar in Automatically as GF winners and make the Gypos as Premiers Plate winners qualify.

Can't wait for the bitching coming from Arnold and the Gypo fans if that happens.

Would be quite right to seeing as the Toilet Seat is the REAL prize we all aspire to not the hubcap thing the Gypos believe is some type of holy grail

Jeterpool
29-11-2012, 02:38 PM
keeping possession is the key - which our attacking mids/forwards aren't doing well enough currently. no matter how good a defence is, if they're being bombarded by the other team they're going to concede eventually.

That's a fair point. I agree with what you say there

pv4
29-11-2012, 02:46 PM
the afc value ladder position much higher than finals. that's why adelaide (3rd place), not gcu (highest semis), got in for the last acl.

where we fall short is: no promotion/relegation, no money, our overall organisation, small season length, + we are considered a 9-team comp (no wellington). at the same time, we whip the scores in fifa ranking, crowds, etc - but the weighting of each category is determined by what can get the petrol-dollars of qatar (who get crowd averages around 4000 and some games get < 200 people there) into the acl, while being racist to australia because we are hated by the majority of asia.

if i was a perth player, particularly one signed this season, i would be flipping out right now. i bet michael thwaite will be flipping tables he didn't go to roar instead, if this all comes to a head.

i thought they were talking about still giving us three places, but all three were non-direct-qualification. obviously not.

the problem with accepting a non-qualification spot is if you lose the qualifying game to said thailiand team (which is highly unlikely - adelaide played against a team this year who couldn't even get their players through customs) then you're obligated to play in the losers comp which is basically a second-tier acl which saps just as much money out of your club, draws less crowds & tv ratings, and is pointless.

the biggest issues this highlights to me is: asia is corrupt, and if fifa wasn't then something could be done about it. the ffa is farked. the quicker oceania is disbanded & we're all considered SE asia the better, so we're not seen as the bad guys anymore.

Pico
29-11-2012, 06:05 PM
where we fall short is: no promotion/relegation, no money, our overall organisation, small season length, + we are considered a 9-team comp (no wellington). at the same time, we whip the scores in fifa ranking, crowds, etc - but the weighting of each category is determined by what can get the petrol-dollars of qatar (who get crowd averages around 4000 and some games get < 200 people there) into the acl, while being racist to australia because we are hated by the majority of asia. .

Not the case at all, I'd really like to see this mystery document that states if you don't have pro/rel you can't have "x" amount of spots, all it does is reduce your score card and create a non conforming league, of which there are many.

The biggest areas the HAL falls down in is that it does not have an independent league run under license from the federation & that the FFA flirts with the cross ownership rules for club participation every time they take over clubs, that is not to mention the outright ownership of their own team in a league they 100% control.

These are things that can be fixed but old uncle frank does not want that now he's in charge, they are also the major issues around the ACL spots since the HAL gained entry, the same issues we keep saying we'll fix but never do.

By all means this is political shit fighting & it looks like they have the numbers by conveniently forgetting the rampant match fixing in china so they not only don't lose a spot but gain back another full spot, but really how many times do you complain about having your house robbed and before you stop continuing to leave your front door unlocked, start playing the political games or stop whinging I say.

Lets go play in the AFC Cup anyway, easier team (Send the yoof at the group stage they need more games and development), should be guaranteed finals football for HAL teams, stronger tests at the end anyway, more games for clubs & players & most importantly WSG don't own the rights to all signage and all revenue streams meaning the HAL might stand more chance of advancing & making smaller losses for continental competition over the ACL.

david silva
01-12-2012, 12:27 PM
Met the ground announcer from the Gypos last night at schoolies....he reckons Rogic has sealed a move overseas in the next transfer window, and that Finkler from Melbourne victory has already agreed to terms with the Gypos to replace him.

snake
01-12-2012, 04:49 PM

joel was here 3 seasons

06-07 mad rooter. smashed it. set up nick carle vs adelaide (slobs did not see this goal)
07-08 gf winning goal
08-09 best bloke in shit team. hates weskey white. left for my then new favourite team, beijing goan

stop this blasphemy - bring the griff home

Buddha
01-12-2012, 08:57 PM
Met the ground announcer from the Gypos last night at schoolies....he reckons Rogic has sealed a move overseas in the next transfer window, and that Finkler from Melbourne victory has already agreed to terms with the Gypos to replace him.

The fact that you met him at Schoolies should say enough, he was probably 8 pills deep and brain fried with a combo of pills, alcohol and gypsy semen

hawk
02-12-2012, 11:59 PM

:wink:

certainly. I cant see that improving for a while. Potential doesnt stop attack. tiggz does...most of the time...with help from reegz...

russjaybee
03-12-2012, 11:03 AM
griff is dead.

Jeterpool
03-12-2012, 11:33 AM
griff is dead.

Huh???

belchardo
03-12-2012, 08:07 PM
Brisbane Roar midfielder Thomas Broich is free to play in Sunday’s A-League match against Western Sydney after having his red card for violent conduct rescinded by the independent Match Review Panel.

Brisbane appealed the decision to Football Federation Australia on the basis that it's issue was an "obvious error" from match referee Brenton Hayward.

Broich was shown a straight red card on 44 minutes after an altercation with Newcastle Jets' midfielder Josh Mitchell in the Roar's 1-0 victory at Suncorp Stadium (http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/brisbane-roar-take-on-newcastle-jets-at-suncorp-stadium/story-e6frf4gl-1226528115841) on Saturday night.

Roar General Manager Sean Dobson said the club was confident the red card would be rescinded, leaving Broich free to play the weekend’s vital A-League (http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league) clash in Sydney.

“We’re delighted the MRP has rescinded the red card shown to Thomas in Saturday’s match," Dobson said.

“Referees have a very difficult job and just like many of us they will, from time to time, make a mistake.

“The MRP is in place to look at these instances and, in our opinion, they have made the right decision in this case.

“We’re now looking forward to another important match on Sunday against Western Sydney Wanderers.”

Read more: http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/brisbane-roars-thomas-broich-has-red-card-for-violent-conduct-against-newcastle-united-rescinded/story-e6frf4gl-1226529177214#ixzz2DySSwAf3

fair enough (wouldn't have happened if it was one of our players though :))

front2
03-12-2012, 11:59 PM
I am not surprised with the MRP decision. It is not the first time this season that a player has copped the wrong end of the officials decision. I for one will be rubbing my hands if Mitchell is the second person in and instigates a fracas when he returns from suspension. wooooo!

furns
04-12-2012, 11:41 AM
so no sanction for Paartulu then......

Bon
04-12-2012, 11:43 AM
so no sanction for Paartulu then......

Nothing for Paartalu, and nothing for Fabio with his awful tackle either..

namwob99
04-12-2012, 12:01 PM
Nothing for Paartalu, and nothing for Fabio with his awful tackle either..
Awful is putting it lightly!!

Bon
04-12-2012, 02:19 PM
According to the Herald, it looks like Jobe is going to be out for this weekends match too!!!
Injured his knee at training..

hawk
04-12-2012, 02:41 PM
According to the Herald, it looks like Jobe is going to be out for this weekends match too!!!
Injured his knee at training..

Gives us a chance to put more youth in.

Grimario
04-12-2012, 03:13 PM
More youth? You mean more Ribeiro ineffective as a DM, old man Bridges starting as an attacking midfielder.

Grimario
04-12-2012, 03:57 PM
Confirmed.

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/newcastlejets/news-display/Wheelhouse-to-miss-F3-Derby/54745

Hunter Ports Newcastle Jets captain Jobe Wheelhouse will miss Saturday's F3 Derby clash with the Central Coast Mariners after injuring his right knee at training on Tuesday.

Wheelhouse suffered what is believed to be between a grade 1 and grade 2 sprain to his medial collateral ligament (MCL) and will be unavailable for Saturday's game.

He will have scans in the coming days to confirm the grading of the sprain and the anticipated recovery time.

Flogs on FB are celebrating his absence.

howardyou
04-12-2012, 05:45 PM
Confirmed.

Flogs on FB are celebrating his absence.

I'm pretty happy about it too. He adds nothing to the team.

Bon
04-12-2012, 05:55 PM

I dont understand that at all..
I think Wheelhouse has been one of the "quiet achievers" in the team so far this season..
We are going to miss him on the weekend, bigtime..

Grimario
04-12-2012, 06:00 PM

Adds more to the team than perennial headless chicken and fan favourite Zad
Adds more to the team than lost puppy Kanta
Adds more to the team than "shit, have I been sent off yet" Pepper
Adds more to the team than "I used to be good now I am a shadow of my former self" Brown

He is the link from our shit back line to our shit attacking third.

So yeah. They are only just opinions and all, everyone is entitled to them... but yours are wrong.

And regardless, I couldn't care less if people think we are better off without him. My main comment about flogs on FB were the "ahahah **** yes, he is injured, hope he is out for ages means we can get Pepper playing, yewwwww" ones. Any cvnt cheering that one of our players it out injured (unless it is Jesic or Gallaway) should dead set neck themselves.

snake
04-12-2012, 06:08 PM
jobe and ryan griffiths are just about the only blokes at this club i trust

more consistent than slobsy's dad

howardyou
04-12-2012, 06:24 PM
Adds more to the team than perennial headless chicken and fan favourite Zad
Adds more to the team than lost puppy Kanta
Adds more to the team than "shit, have I been sent off yet" Pepper
Adds more to the team than "I used to be good now I am a shadow of my former self" Brown

He is the link from our shit back line to our shit attacking third.

So yeah. They are only just opinions and all, everyone is entitled to them... but yours are wrong.

And regardless, I couldn't care less if people think we are better off without him. My main comment about flogs on FB were the "ahahah **** yes, he is injured, hope he is out for ages means we can get Pepper playing, yewwwww" ones. Any cvnt cheering that one of our players it out injured (unless it is Jesic or Gallaway) should dead set neck themselves.

Whatever. I just don't rate his passing or marking or tackling or leadership or free kicks or creativity or ability to play the ball to heskey's feet. Other than that i suppose you may be right.
Our front third is shit because our lack of ability to play a decent final ball from the midfield. None of our midfielders can do this and Jobe is one of them.

Grimario
04-12-2012, 06:33 PM
Whatever. I just don't rate his passing or marking or tackling or leadership or free kicks or creativity or ability to play the ball to heskey's feet. Other than that i suppose you may be right.
Our front third is shit because our lack of ability to play a decent final ball from the midfield. None of our midfielders can do this and Jobe is one of them.

Are you watching the same games as the people on FB who are calling for Chapman to be dropped and praying that Kanta is fit so he can come straight back into the team? If so, I am glad my opinion is so different to yours.

howardyou
04-12-2012, 06:54 PM
Are you watching the same games as the people on FB who are calling for Chapman to be dropped and praying that Kanta is fit so he can come straight back into the team? If so, I am glad my opinion is so different to yours.

Errrr no. Get off your high horse.

Chapman has been excellent. Kanta can be either good or horrible and doesn't ever seem to be somewhere in the middle.

I think Reagan must be feeling hard done by though - but we don't get to see what is happening at training. He might be an option in a defensive midfield role but i would prefer him at the back. At least Mitchell won't be giving away penalties this week in that spot. Someone elses turn. Maybe Tiago can do it this week.

Grimario
04-12-2012, 07:10 PM
Errrr no. Get off your high horse.

Chapman has been excellent. Kanta can be either good or horrible and doesn't ever seem to be somewhere in the middle.

I think Reagan must be feeling hard done by though - but we don't get to see what is happening at training. He might be an option in a defensive midfield role but i would prefer him at the back. At least Mitchell won't be giving away penalties this week in that spot. Someone elses turn. Maybe Tiago can do it this week.

Just checking. I just don't see how anyone can possibly see Jobe as anything less than an integral part of our team. He is no Partaalu as a deep midfielder but he is a bucketload better than people give him credit for.

I think we all know the problem... GvE has his favourites and will play them. Pepper tearing it up in the youth and getting minimal game time, Brown stinking up the first team and getting bucket loads of game time... two examples. Not sure what Regz has done either, was Mr Consistency as a centre back last year, can only assume that he isn't a ball player so GvE doesn't want him. Then again, neither is Mitchell but he has been ever present.

Who knows. GvE is losing me.

DEANS OUT.

etc.

parksey
04-12-2012, 07:34 PM
I dont understand that at all..
I think Wheelhouse has been one of the "quiet achievers" in the team so far this season..
We are going to miss him on the weekend, bigtime..

you would think that by now the people who do have a clue would understand that pretty much all of our fans know nothing about football

howardyou
04-12-2012, 08:21 PM
Just checking. I just don't see how anyone can possibly see Jobe as anything less than an integral part of our team. He is no Partaalu as a deep midfielder but he is a bucketload better than people give him credit for.

I think we all know the problem... GvE has his favourites and will play them. Pepper tearing it up in the youth and getting minimal game time, Brown stinking up the first team and getting bucket loads of game time... two examples. Not sure what Regz has done either, was Mr Consistency as a centre back last year, can only assume that he isn't a ball player so GvE doesn't want him. Then again, neither is Mitchell but he has been ever present.

Who knows. GvE is losing me.

DEANS OUT.

etc.

Agreed. I would like to see Pepper in at least. And swap Goodwin for Brown in the starting lineup. What is he seriously thinking with that one?

One thing i don't understand is how you go from being pet project one year, to on the outer the next.

militiamon
04-12-2012, 09:00 PM
you would think that by now the people who do have a clue would understand that pretty much all of our fans know nothing about football

See facebook, herald comments.

plague
04-12-2012, 09:15 PM

Brilliant Sir.

the_butcher
04-12-2012, 09:25 PM
Jobs is killing it this season, he'll be a huge loss this weekend.

true waterboy
04-12-2012, 09:30 PM
Jobe has been killing it, ive never really rated him until recently.
if true those wanting him and chapppy gone on fb have rocks in their head

griff on the other hand i feel is extremely overrated. i feel that he is too predictable and lazy

hopefully if pepper is given another chance he can play like he did last year however i think there are a few ahead of him.

russjaybee
05-12-2012, 10:48 AM
I've been blowing jobe's horn (llulz) this season also, I think he's solid an consistent and actually looks a bit like a footballer. He's usually pretty composed and fairly consistent, a great linch pin in midfield.

Whatever. I just don't rate his passing or marking or tackling or leadership or free kicks or creativity or ability to play the ball to heskey's feet.

Cannot agree with this at all.
Having said all that I do think he's lacked a lit drive of late, however who hasn't in the team.
Ribero should always be starting in front of Brown atm imo (though i didn't see roar game, did he even play?).

When I've watched Brown play he has been a total passenger and when he did get the ball he was not positive with it. When he's playing in behind Heskey he's probably the most important part of our attacking puzzle and I honestly think if he starts there we are going to struggle to ever score a goal (based on current form).

I still want

----------HESKDADDY----------
Goodwin----- RYU ------- CHILLI

true waterboy
05-12-2012, 07:54 PM
For all those that dont like neville just heard on NBN that gve has named a shortlist for replacement captain out of zadkid heskey and neville
pretty sure neville deserves his chance in the spot light

I've been blowing jobe's horn (llulz) this season also, I think he's solid an consistent and actually looks a bit like a footballer. He's usually pretty composed and fairly consistent, a great linch pin in midfield.

Cannot agree with this at all.
Having said all that I do think he's lacked a lit drive of late, however who hasn't in the team.
Ribero should always be starting in front of Brown atm imo (though i didn't see roar game, did he even play?).

When I've watched Brown play he has been a total passenger and when he did get the ball he was not positive with it. When he's playing in behind Heskey he's probably the most important part of our attacking puzzle and I honestly think if he starts there we are going to struggle to ever score a goal (based on current form).

I still want

----------HESKDADDY----------
Goodwin----- RYU ------- CHILLI

Ribs did start in roar game and i thought he looked good
I think a team with ryu and chilli in it together would be substandard.
ribs for ryu and taggs in for chilli would be my dream starting side but will never happen

Newieutd
06-12-2012, 08:26 AM
Chilli in the starting lineup is a mistake - his best comes out when everyone else is tired - subbing out in after 70mins

Bon
06-12-2012, 08:45 AM
Chilli in the starting lineup is a mistake - his best comes out when everyone else is tired - subbing out in after 70mins

This.

q-money
06-12-2012, 11:09 AM
scott neville as captain fmd gaz, one of your best

06-12-2012, 11:14 AM
scott neville as captain fmd gaz, one of your best

Yep and one of his first jobs as skip will be to provide the squad with some " how to provide effective crosses " training.

Jeterpool
06-12-2012, 11:25 AM
Those in row Z will be worried - they're coming from every angle these days

Guerny
06-12-2012, 03:43 PM
Ribeiro aiming for derby impact: http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/258125,ribeiro-aiming-for-derby-impact.aspx

"I asked the coach and he said train hard and try to understand the league and the game here and I have been training hard for this opportunity," Bernardo said at training on Tuesday.

I hope that is just bad translation and that GVE provided some more direction than just "... try and understand the league..."

G

Grimario
06-12-2012, 03:50 PM
Those in row Z will be worried - they're coming from every angle these days

Easy solution is to move Row Z to be right behind the nets, actually on the field. Imagine the goals then!

Thomas477
06-12-2012, 06:16 PM
Easy solution is to move Row Z to be right behind the nets, actually on the field. Imagine the goals then!

:blush:

q-money
07-12-2012, 02:54 PM
ange :cool:

bennyboy :oops:

Ange Postecoglou

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/a-league/time-to-decide-just-who-is-our-champion-20121206-2ayaq.html#ixzz2EJXUdAHb

LAST week's decision by the Asian Football Confederation on Australia's participation in the Asian Champions League is an indicator of the biggest challenge that David Gallop has in steering the code forward over the next few years.

Australia's failure to truly engage in our region in competition terms is very visible now, but for me the underlying cause is our uncertainty in our own identity. Our code is a global sport but Australia has its own unique sporting landscape and how we juggle these two factors could determine the extent of growth in the game. The past seven years have been about laying a foundation, but now the time has come for some clear direction in leadership.

The biggest wake-up call for me was not our reduced numbers in the competition, but which club was actually nominated as champion by the AFC. There is no clearer indicator of our lack of identity than our acceptance that we don't even respect our own competition rules.

To make it clear, since 1984 our champion has been decided by a grand final. Apart from 1987, when the rules were changed before the season and APIA was first past the post, the winner of our competition for nearly 30 years has been the victorious team in the grand final. This is not an opinion, it is fact and it is written in the competition rules and recorded historically as such. The argument as to whether ''first past the post'' is more worthy is a debate I am willing to have, but I find it offensive that we cannot even acknowledge who is champion even by our own rules.

The AFC has made it clear it does not respect our champion team and I am surprised that both Brisbane Roar and the competition have taken this without any real measure of indignation. Our whole competition lacks credibility when we cannot even measure how our league is decided. It seems Korea is afforded more flexibility than us because its champion is determined after the league breaks up into two groups after 30 rounds. It is hardly a conventional or traditional model, but ultimately the format is respected by everyone involved.

This is not an argument about ACL participation, but rather our inability to respect ourselves as a code and a competition. This is where our identity comes into it and unless we have clarity in whom we want to be then we cannot expect others to treat us seriously.

In Australia we know better than anyone else what works in a competition sense. Our sports-mad population loves finals and it is why we use them to decide the winners of all our major codes. As a competition we have only cracked the 50,000 attendance mark five times, and four of those have been grand finals.

The argument for first past the post comes from what is tradition in other countries for our sport.

The main reason that this method lasted only one year in the old National Soccer League was that in 1987 APIA won the competition with weeks to spare and it was felt the season ended on an anti-climax. There is a history in all this that we constantly seem to ignore and the finals system is one of our few success stories.

My plea to Gallop and Football Federation Australia is this. On behalf of everyone involved in our game, who will be declared our champion this year: the grand final winner or first past the post? I am willing to respect a decision one way or another, but when participants and fans are spilling blood, sweat and tears to reach the summit, it is only fair that we all know what that is. Then, maybe, we will gain credibility in the eyes of those around us.

snake
07-12-2012, 03:10 PM
bennyboy :oops:

the warnervale eminem

forever burning

q-money
07-12-2012, 03:59 PM
new :oops: > old :oops:

Pico
13-12-2012, 08:24 AM
Jeronimo Neumann signs a contract extension with Adelaide United as Japanese star Naohiro Takahara chases A-Leage deal

Val Migliaccio
The Advertiser
December 13, 2012 12:00AM

http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2012/12/12/1226535/631435-naohiro-takahara.jpg
Japanese star Naohiro Takahara runs between Socceroos Craig Moore (left) and Luke Wilkshire at the 2006 World Cup in Germany. Picture: Gregg Porteous Source: The Daily Telegraph

JERONIMO Neumann has signed a two-year extension as Shinji Ono's best mate Naohiro Takahara seeks an A-League club.

Takahara, 33, was released from Japanese J-League club Shimizu S-Pulse this week before Neumann agreed to extend his initial one-year term with Adelaide United to 2015.

After Adelaide signed the nimble Argentine on loan from Paraguay's Sol de America this year Neumann proved to be a shrewd signing alongside compatriot Marcelo Carrusca.

"We're delighted that Jeronimo has agreed to stay with us until at least April, 2015,''
said Adelaide chief executive Glenn Elliott last night.

But with Neumman netting four goals to date this season and even if Adelaide offloads out-of-favour striker Serginho van Dijk by mutual agreement, it appears United still wouldn't consider signing one of Japan's best-ever marksman.

Shimizu S-Pulse is the same club which housed Ono before Western Sydney Wanderers became the home of the Japanese marquee player this season for a reported $800,000 wage bill.

Takahara may command much less than Ono for the remainder of the A-League season but his wage bill will dwarf the A-League's average $120,000 per season.

Wanderers is the obvious target for Takahara, the ex Japanese striker FIFA World Cup striker because of his close relationship with Ono.

But Wanderers executive chairman Lyall Gorman said the league's newest club would not terminate foreign contracts to accommodate the striker.

"That's not how we do business,'' Gorman said last night.

Sydney FC may also be a target with Brisbane Roar also having potential to sign the former Boca Juniors (Argentina), Eintract Frankfurt and Hamburg (Germany) forward but both clubs would have to tear up contracted players' deals to make room for Takahara.

A Sydney FC official said the club wouldn't be considering Takahara "at this stage'' given the club has signed Italian legend Alessandro Del Piero as its marquee international.

Roar officials said ''We currently have our quota of visa players for the remainder of the season.''

Takahara featured with Ono for Japan in a 3-1 FIFA World Cup loss to the Socceroos in Kaiserslautern in 2006.

Takahara's revenge on the Socceroos was sweet a year later when his equaliser blanked out John Aloisi's opening goal before Japan sent the Australians packing in a penalty shoot-out during its first Asian Cup finals appearance.

According to Japanese sources it was Ono who lured Takahara to Shimuzu S-Pulse after the pair became close during their time with the Samurai Blue.

Takahara is also weighing up options of staying put in Japan.

What happened to those extra visa spots WS were given, wasn't that how they could have signed Ballack?

Pico
13-12-2012, 08:29 AM
FFA have no fears over Jets boss Tinkler

By Paddy Higgs

http://i.haymarket.net.au/Utils/ImageResizer.ashx?n=http%3a%2f%2fi.haymarket.net.a u%2fNews%2f20121212035055_83361938.jpg&w=653
NATHAN TINKLER....FFA confident tycoon will pull through

FOOTBALL Federation Australia insists it has 'no concerns' about Nathan Tinkler ownership of the Newcastle Jets, despite the former billionaire's well-publicised financial woes.

Mining magnate Tinkler has been forced to sell off a host of assets to pay creditors and placate the Australian Tax Office, but is under increasing pressure and has had his $15m private jet repossessed.

The woes have trickled down to his sporting interests, with Tinkler forced to sell off the Victorian arm of his horseracing empire and the New South Wales government pursuing legal action against his Hunter Sports Group over a failure to meet a rent bill of $600,000 for the use of Hunter Stadium in Newcastle.

A dispute with the members' board of NRL-side Newcastle Knights over the terms of HSG's ownership has made its own headlines, but the FFA remains confident of Tinkler's future at the helm of his A-League outfit.

"Obviously what else is going on with his business dealings at the moment hasn't affected his ability to run the Newcastle Jets football club," an FFA spokesman said today.

"We're confident that club will continue to operate as they have been."

The comments follow that of FFA chief executive officer David Gallop, who said publicly in November he was content with matters at the Jets.

Tinkler's reign at the A-League club, which began in September 2010, has often been a tumultuous one.

He announced his intention to hand back his A-League licence in April over a failure to resolve several issues, before talks with FFA chairman Frank Lowy convinced him to change his mind.

Tinkler's arrival at the Jets has seen the club's membership tally swell to over 11,000, while the club signed former England international Emile Heskey as its marquee for the 2012-13 season.

Yesterday Newcastle Knights star Willie Mason shared the FFA's confidence Tinkler would stick with his sporting clubs.

"I don't think anyone's worried about payments," Mason said. "… I know Tinks and he's a great dude and a friend of mine.

"I can't bag Tinks. He's done a great deal to help Newcastle be the club that it is now."

www.au.fourfourtwo.com/news/258807,ffa-have-no-fears-over-jets-boss-tinkler.aspx

Hopefully this means we won't be thrown on the scrap heap should anything happen to HSG or Tinkler.

Pico
13-12-2012, 08:36 AM
Musialik a chance for Jets lifeline
By ROBERT DILLON
Dec. 12, 2012, 11:30 p.m.

http://cdn.fairfaxregional.com.au/preview/c200x132/storypad-X7j23GmiySnGzG4anCYb2j/549b065a-31cb-42ce-bdb2-fbcfb7fdcf16.jpg
Stuart Musialik.

JETS coach Gary van Egmond wants to help Stuart Musialik get ‘‘back on his feet’’ as an A-League footballer, although it appears the home-grown Novocastrian may have to wait until next season to resume his professional career.

Musialik has not played in the A-League since February, 2011, when he parted company with Sydney FC after three seasons.

He spent last season at the Central Coast Mariners, however injuries and off-field issues prevented him from playing in their first team, and he has since returned to Newcastle. The former Olyroos midfielder was a star in van Egmond’s 2007-08 premiership-winning team and, at 27, would appear young enough to make a comeback.

‘‘I’ve met with Stuey a couple of times,’’ van Egmond said yesterday.

‘‘I don’t want to pre-empt anything too much down the track, because certain things that have happened to him are very, very personal.

‘‘If we can help a Newcastle player get back on his feet and start to get back into football, we’d love to do that.’’

Van Egmond said the fact Newcastle’s roster was at full capacity might count against Musialik bolstering his squad in the short term.

‘‘That might be the sticking point at this moment ... you never say never, but I would suggest it would be pretty unlikely [this season],’’ he said.

‘‘The most important thing is for Stuart to come back on his terms and to make sure he’s 100per cent right.

‘‘But he’s a Newcastle boy, he’s a really good guy and importantly he’s a wonderful player.

‘‘We’ll just monitor that to see how it pans out.

‘‘We’ll just have to take it one step at a time with him.’’

Asked if Musialik would be fit enough to resume in the short term, van Egmond replied: ‘‘You’re best to ask Stuey that.

‘‘He’s had a long time out of the game and I think the most important thing for Stuart is that he makes the decisions of what he’s looking to do, as far as his football is concerned.’’

Musialik played 58 games for Newcastle in their first three seasons, the last of which was their 2008 grand final triumph against Central Coast.

He and Jets teammate Mark Bridge then signed with Sydney, where Musialik played another three seasons and 69 games, helping win the 2009-10 title.

Van Egmond’s troops flew out yesterday to Perth in preparation for their clash with the Glory at nib Stadium tomorrow.

It will be Newcastle’s second trip across the Nullabor in the space of six weeks, after their 3-2 loss on November 5.

Suspended duo Ryan Griffiths and Josh Mitchell, who missed Saturday’s 2-0 loss to the Mariners, have been reinstated, and teenager Adam Taggart has been rushed into the squad after returning from Socceroos duties.

Defender Tiago Calvano has also been recalled, but veteran striker Michael Bridges, who has played only 45 minutes this season, will not be required.

‘‘No, he’s not travelling,’’ van Egmond said.

‘‘We welcome back Taggs and we welcome back Ryan Griffiths in the front third and you have to make a decision.

‘‘Unfortunately Bridgey’s not even in the squad to travel.’’

www.theherald.com.au/story/1183221/musialik-a-chance-for-jets-lifeline/?cs=306

Wont sign Griff but will look into picking up Stu.....

Also why did we sign Bridges again, if we are not going to play him it seems like a complete waste of a visa spot for a time wasting corner man for when we are leading at the 82nd minute, surely that was not why GVE signed him up.

belchardo
13-12-2012, 09:15 AM
bridges out, takahara in. easy.

13-12-2012, 09:26 AM
Just wish GVE would worry about getting this season back on track and stop worrying about ins and outs for next FFS.

plague
13-12-2012, 12:27 PM
Looks like we're gone again.
Oh well my Heskey under 10.5 goals bet will make up for it.........

belchardo
13-12-2012, 12:58 PM
sky is falling.

they have said the debt will be immediately paid. not sure if that makes a difference though.

q-money
13-12-2012, 01:13 PM
normal service is resumed

pv4
13-12-2012, 01:31 PM
musialik back (y)

q-money
13-12-2012, 01:38 PM
hope they get denni back too

plague
13-12-2012, 01:46 PM
Knights Nannas and da Squadron standing side by side on the picket line to save the club.

Awesome.

belchardo
13-12-2012, 01:48 PM
hope they get denni back too

would have thought you'd go for laybutt or corbo.

q-money
13-12-2012, 02:13 PM
i'm a spider-man

hauss
13-12-2012, 02:26 PM
The media has alerted the Hunter Sports Group that the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) is taking action against the Newcastle Knights and the Newcastle Jets.

"We are surprised by the move by the ATO, as we have not received notification,” a spokesperson for the Hunter Sports Group said.

“We advise that any outstanding sum will be paid as soon as possible - well before the reported hearing date on the matter next February.”

It is business as usual for both the Knights and the Jets.

I first read it and thought that they were saying that the ATO hadn't told them they were going to take this action. But its ridiculous to suggest the ATO would seek to wind up a company without trying to meet with them and letting them know they intended to do it. Its more likely that the ATO told them they would take this course of action but just didn't warn them when it would start.

q-money
13-12-2012, 02:48 PM
i reckon ando did it

snake
13-12-2012, 04:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw

pv4
13-12-2012, 05:43 PM
I'd love to see the media beat up that Gujarat bloke half as much as they do to tinks. maybe then half the mining industry would have their money, and we'd actually look after our fellow Australian.

parksey
13-12-2012, 06:45 PM
bring back stu

Pico
14-12-2012, 08:06 AM
Former FFA boss Ben Buckley's last deal ensures no TV money without Newcastle Jets in the A-League

Tom Smithies
The Daily Telegraph
December 14, 2012 12:00AM

http://resources1.news.com.au/images/2012/12/13/1226536/429209-newcastle-jets.jpg
The FFA won't allow the Newcastle Jets to go under. Source: Getty Images

NERVOUS A-League chiefs could not allow Newcastle Jets to go under, as the new TV deal with Fox Sports and SBS requires the league to be made up of at least 10 teams.

While the Australian Tax Office yesterday applied to the Federal Court to have Nathan Tinkler's Hunter Sports Group wound up over unpaid bills, including $1.063 million relating to the Jets, it was revealed the new clause was a condition of the broadcasting deal struck by Ben Buckley before he left his role as Football Federation Australia chief executive last month.

HSG was adamant yesterday that the combined $2.7 million bill will be paid before the February 22 court date. FFA put out a brief statement saying that it "has been given assurances by Hunter Sports Group ... that the club's operations will not be affected".

FFA officials have maintained during Tinkler's recent financial travails that as long as the Jets' operational bills continued to be paid, they had to accept HSG's assurances.

With no other realistic homes for the club, FFA would have to step in and ensure the Jets were kept alive if the ATO was to follow through on its threat to wind both sporting clubs up.

The previous TV deal, struck in 2006, had no such minimum stipulation but FFA knows the Jets are a requirement when the new one comes into effect on July 1 next year. A consortium of businessmen were sounded out earlier in the year when Tinkler handed back the Jets' licence in a dispute over the terms of the acquisition fee he paid to take the club over from Con Constantine in 2010.

But complicating any attempt to discreetly line up potential new Jets investors is prominent Hunter businessman Andrew Poole, seen as a possible leader of a fresh consortium, who has been called as a witness in the ICAC inquiry into the granting of coal licences by the last Labor state government.

FFA has previously taken on the running of clubs, including Adelaide and Brisbane, when they had ownership problems but the governing body now fully funds Western Sydney Wanderers, meaning its resources would be stretched by any need to step in for the Jets.

Jets officials could not be reached for comment beyond the club's official statement.

Big assumptions there, pretty sure the fury mob would be interested and who's to say others wouldn't come out of the wood work if they knew that a license was up for grabs. For the last year its all been about consolidation and no new licenses, this current predicament just means that the FFA now has the opportunity to look at either an ownership change or potential new area sooner then they had anticipated.

MFKS
14-12-2012, 03:58 PM
After the Tinks I wanna hand back the licence in April and his recent issues with Patinack Mulsane Resources etc it would be a pretty stupid of the FFA if they aren't already well down the track of looking intro a Plan B for the Jets should Tinks fall over.

Maybe the FFA are playing this pretty cool as there is an investor in the wings ready to step in or the FFA have done the sums and can fill the breach WSW style until a new investor can be sourced

westjet
18-12-2012, 09:00 PM
Rado Vidosic moved to technical director role at Brisbane Roar with Mike Mulvey taking over as coach

Rado Vidosic's tenure as coach of Brisbane Roar has come to an abrupt end just 11 games into the A-League season, with former Gold Coast United boss Mike Mulvey taking over in the top job.

Vidosic has been moved into a technical director's role with immediate effect, with Mulvey set to take charge for the Roar's clash with Perth Glory this weekend.

Vidosic was the assistant at the club to two-time premiership coach Ange Postecoglou before taking over as head coach this season, while Mulvey had most recently been coaching Melbourne Victory's W-League side.

Brisbane General Manager Sean Dobson said the club was keen to make better use of Vidosic’s vast technical knowledge of football through his new position.

"Rado’s contribution to the success of Brisbane Roar has been immeasurable," Dobson said.

"His technical analysis and knowledge is second-to-none and we believe with his new role he can be even more effective.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

"Rado is a champion of the club and typifies the commitment and dedication we look for in all our staff."

Dobson said Mulvey had been appointed with a close eye on maintaining the club's core values.

"After speaking to Mike it was clear his values and expectations met those of the club," Dobson said.

"We are very proud of the philosophy, culture and style of play which has been fostered over the past few seasons and any coach who took on the Head Coach responsibility would need to embrace those key elements.

"While they would always be given scope to implement their own ideas, the core values of the club must always be maintained and in Mike we believe we have found the happy medium."

Read more: http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/rado-vidosic-moved-to-technical-director-role-at-brisbane-roar-with-mike-mulvey-taking-over-as-coach/story-e6frf4gl-1226539921482#ixzz2FONv3B7A

Another one bites the dust

belchardo
18-12-2012, 09:30 PM
wow. didn't see that coming.

love the old "promote them to a position where they can't do any damage" philosophy.

militiamon
18-12-2012, 09:32 PM
Strange but expected. It's clear that Vidosic has the potential to be a great coach. I think the main problem with his time in charge at Brisbane was that he was too much in Ange's shadow, and he didn't play the style of football that was needed with enough conviction. Still, I think it was one of those cases of only being a goal or two off from the top 4 most of the time.

Will be interested to see how Mulvey goes. Another one of those hyped up assistant coaches, did ok with GCU towards the end but that was a completely different club with different expectations.

traffic light
18-12-2012, 10:03 PM
sky is falling.

they have said the debt will be immediately paid. not sure if that makes a difference though.

there aint no f##king sky. we live in the basement.

pv4
18-12-2012, 10:31 PM
rado to me is exactly like Ron smith - an absolute genius of the game but just does nae have the personality to make it in coaching

seldom
18-12-2012, 10:50 PM
met Mike Mulvey a couple of times when he was with GCU,nice guy..will be interesting to see how he goes at Roar. Hopefully Vidosic is happy with his new role and passes on some of his vast knowledge to Mulvey. Mulvey has actually applied at the Jets before but couldn't get a look in around Deans and co. Fvckn LOL

parksey
18-12-2012, 11:59 PM
brisbane players: "mike mulvey was the real brains behind our championship wins"

belchardo
19-12-2012, 08:51 PM
Offices of Perth Glory owner Tony Sage raided Updated 1 hour 11 minutes ago

The Australian Federal Police has raided the offices of several companies associated with businessman and Perth Glory owner, Tony Sage.

Officers spent several hours in the building which houses the Perth Glory offices as well as offices for the mining company Cape Lambert Resources.

Mr Sage is the executive chairman of the mining company which was placed in a trading halt earlier this year as it negotiated a multi-million dollar tax debt with the tax office.

It is unclear whether the two matters are related.

An AFP spokesman says a number of search warrants were executed on commercial and residential premises in Perth and Sydney today.

He says it is part of an ongoing investigation in partnership with agencies including the Australian Tax Office and Australian Securities and Investments Commission.

A spokesman for Mr Sage declined to comment.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-12-19/offices-belonging-to-tony-sage-raided/4436596

woo! we'll be off the back pages at least in terms of "owners that we should be worried about"

RedMexican
19-12-2012, 09:14 PM
lol, gypos chasing becks and ADP arent they ment to be broke ?

MFKS
19-12-2012, 10:37 PM
lol, gypos chasing becks and ADP arent they ment to be broke ?

Would have thought besides the Gypos money issues I would have thought the likes of a ADP or Beckham at the club would be going completely against the close knit group ethos they have had under Arnie and McKinna.

Can't quite see Becks/ADP accompanying Hutcho on his weekly Tuna run or either Becks/ADP taking too kindly to being asked for a red back each week to stock the Gypo community kitchen

seldom
20-12-2012, 12:23 AM
Becks probs good in the kitchen

MFKS
20-12-2012, 01:47 AM
http://www.facebook.com/9News

Copping a bit of a pasting for their ANTI Soccer reporting of the Sydney Derby where there was ample mention of 3 arrests and 2 flares and criminal behaviour etc but no mention of the actual game with the medias usual soccer bashing.

#passionisnotacrime is also trending on Twitter thanks to this

Good that people are starting to unite and stop putting up with this shit from these clueless idiots

Jeterpool
20-12-2012, 09:39 AM
Calls yesterday that the FFA should help find Kewell an A-League club.

HK linking up with Heskey again, and Bridges, bringing the best Liverpool and Leeds have to offer.

Grunta
20-12-2012, 01:15 PM
Calls yesterday that the FFA should help find Kewell an A-League club.

HK linking up with Heskey again, and Bridges, bringing the best Liverpool and Leeds have to offer.

Only to have GVE put them all on the bench. At least they'll have time to chat.

MFKS
20-12-2012, 01:29 PM
Sydney FC still got room under the cap???

Culina - Yes
Griffo -Yes
Kewell??

Seriously how did Sydney FC find the room under the cap to sign not only Choolina but also Griffo??

It is not like Crooky would have signed ADP and then refused to spend a significant amount of their salary cap by the time Rd 1 Kicked Off?? Bullshit they would have been bursting at the seams salary cap wise when Rd1 kicked off.

All of a sudden they have found loose change down the side of the lounge not once for Choolina but Twice For Lord Griffo??

I am calling BULLSHIT on the matter

namwob99
20-12-2012, 01:34 PM
Sydney FC still got room under the cap???

Culina - Yes
Griffo -Yes
Kewell??

Seriously how did Sydney FC find the room under the cap to sign not only Choolina but also Griffo??

It is not like Crooky would have signed ADP and then refused to spend a significant amount of their salary cap by the time Rd 1 Kicked Off?? Bullshit they would have been bursting at the seams salary cap wise when Rd1 kicked off.

All of a sudden they have found loose change down the side of the lounge not once for Choolina but Twice For Lord Griffo??

I am calling BULLSHIT on the matter

Plus apparently made an offer to Jade North. Disgrace!!

MFKS
20-12-2012, 01:40 PM
Jade North

WANTED: Socceroos defender Jade North. Picture: Adam Smith Source: Herald Sun

FRANK Farina is keen to add Socceroos centreback Jade North to Sydney FC's roster as he seeks to bolster the basement club's leaky rearguard that has conceded 25 goals in 11 games.

But with North believed still to be keen on remaining in Japan, where he enjoyed a successful season personally even while his club Consadole Sapporo was relegated, Farina may have to look elsewhere as he seeks urgent reinforcements for a rapid rebuilding project at Sydney.

Having secured Joel Griffiths to spearhead the club's attack in the second half of the season, Farina is understood to be in the market for more defensive options.

However North has been advised by Socceroos coach Holger Osieck that his prospects of playing in the 2014 World Cup will be best served by staying in the J-League, the reason he rejected a similar approach from Melbourne Victory two months ago.

Farina, who gave North his debut in the Socceroos, will be involved in both short-term and long-term player recruitment, club CEO Tony Pignata confirmed to The Daily Telegraph yesterday, with the Sky Blues having 14 players off contract this season.

There is also continued speculation over the future of Alessandro Del Piero, after the club made a statement on Tuesday confirming its wish that he stay for a second year in the A-League.

Captain Terry McFlynn said he was confident Del Piero would remain in Australia next season, and specifically at Sydney despite public interest from the Mariners.

"He's won everything in the game ... every competition he's entered since he was a kid, he's won it," McFlynn said of Del Piero.

"This is no different. He wants to win it and he sees this as something unfinished for him.

"He's a world-class footballer and I think any football club in the world would have him and we're just privileged and honoured to have him here."

McFlynn will return from suspension in Saturday night's clash away to Newcastle.

How ****ing big is this couch???

seldom
20-12-2012, 03:43 PM
heard that culina wasn't on big money this year. will be next year when he's proven his fitness

Disinterested Bystander
20-12-2012, 05:08 PM
heard that culina wasn't on big money this year. will be next year when he's proven his fitness

Precisely right, he hadn't played in more than a year and had pretty major surgery so there's no way he'd be on big money this year. The "OMG Sydney are rorting the cap and getting away with it because they're Uncle Frank's favourites" crap makes about as much sense as the "all media is out to get soccer" chips on the shoulder of so many fans

20-12-2012, 05:18 PM
Would not surprise re Culina contract, Easy to back end a contract so to speak to get around the cap.

q-money
20-12-2012, 05:21 PM
iirc you can't back load contracts in the a-league

terry
21-12-2012, 04:30 PM
Precisely right, he hadn't played in more than a year and had pretty major surgery so there's no way he'd be on big money this year. The "OMG Sydney are rorting the cap and getting away with it because they're Uncle Frank's favourites" crap makes about as much sense as the "all media is out to get soccer" chips on the shoulder of so many fans

hey disinterested sydney bumrooter, theyre still cheating kuntz.

21-12-2012, 05:11 PM
Said player signs one year for piddly money, Said player then signs another contract for the following season. The following season contract is overs to compensate for initial piddly year. A not so official way of back ending.

militiamon
22-12-2012, 12:06 AM
^ This would break the rules if there is any kind of contract between the player and the club (i.e written or verbal agreement that the player would sign on for the second year). So unless the player and club somehow did it without talking to each other, it would be a violation.

Not good for the player or club regardless due to the lack of certainty. If the club sees the player as shite, they could easily offload them after the first year, leaving the player in a position with no contract. If the player does turn out to be good, they could easily be poached by another club.

seldom
22-12-2012, 12:15 AM
dont think his contract will be back ended just believe shitney would of gotten him cheap after the injury and surgeries and the whole shamozzle with the jets. Probs will get upgrades the better he goes this year with a high sign on next year if he proves himself.

militiamon
23-12-2012, 02:02 AM
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/early-player-cull-on-cards/story-e6frfg8x-1226541481896

MELBOURNE Victory could release players as early as next month before a major overhaul of its squad at the end of the season.

It's believed coach Ange Postecoglou will release up to eight players amid plans to rejuvenate the squad for 2012-13.

Victory has 11 players coming out of contract and of those only Marco Rojas and Billy Celeski have cemented their spots in the first XI.

Isaka Cernak, Tando Velaphi, Julius Davies, Spase Dilevski, Petar Franjic and Sam Gallagher look set to be released at the end of the season.

Despite making the right-back position his own since Round 5, Diogo Ferreira could also face the chop, while a call will be made on No.3 keeper Lawrence Thomas.

Could defs give some of these players a look imo. Basically I have one player in mind, and that is Julius Davies. Very talented kid, was contracted to Bayern and has seen minimal game time at MV due to some kind of temperament issues or something.

Article also mentions that Heart have a few players coming off contract as well:

Jonatan Germano
Fred
Clint Bolton
Simon Colosimo
Richard Garcia
Josip Tadic
Jason Hoffman
Matt Thompson
Nick Kalmar
Mate Dugandzic
Vince Grella
Stephen Gray

A few potentials in there as well. Imagine the luls if Gary re-signed Hoffman :rof:

pv4
23-12-2012, 03:05 AM
highly rate kalmar from the heart.

getting rid of bridges for tadic would do wonders for us.

Muswellbrookian
23-12-2012, 03:05 AM
A few potentials in there as well. Imagine the luls if Gary re-signed Hoffman :rof:

Come on, you know it's going to happen.

stopper2
23-12-2012, 10:13 AM
highly rate kalmar from the heart.

getting rid of bridges for tadic would do wonders for us.

Agree, Tadic is a player which makes things happen.....someone we need!