PDA

View Full Version : Your Clubs biggest Rival/Derby

Premy
26-09-2013, 11:58 AM
Just to get some conversation going threw the off season.
Us at Suburb have healthy Derby with Cardiff City we play a pre-season game anually for the Cardiff RSL Cup there is no ill feelings between the Clubs just good banter and the winner of the Cup carries bragging rights. In the last few years a few players have traveled between the 2 Clubs which has added that extra bit of spark to the game.
Another one that's started to form over the last few years is with Kotara South, apart from Cardiff they are our closest Competitor. The games are always hard fought and played in the right manner, last season we went to Kotara on the last day needing a point to get the Premiership and Kotara needing a win to make the finals, Kotara got their 3 points and we missed out on promotion. We got a little bit of revenge this year by putting the final nail in their final hopes.

So who is your Clubs biggest Rival/Derby?

pagey85
26-09-2013, 12:10 PM
Us at Suburb have healthy Derby with Cardiff City we play a pre-season game anually for the Cardiff RSL Cup there is no ill feelings between the Clubs just good banter and the winner of the Cup carries bragging rights. In the last few years a few players have traveled between the 2 Clubs which has added that extra bit of spark to the game.
Another one that's started to form over the last few years is with Kotara South, apart from Cardiff they are our closest Competitor. The games are always hard fought and played in the right manner, last season we went to Kotara on the last day needing a point to get the Premiership and Kotara needing a win to make the finals, Kotara got their 3 points and we missed out on promotion. We got a little bit of revenge this year by putting the final nail in their final hopes.

We dont really have a derby game at Barnsley. i guess there was some beat up this year about the real Bulldogs with Plattsy.
We always classed our games with you guys as the biggest and toughest of the season and that dates back to when both teams were in ID2 some 8-9 years ago.
always thought the games were played hard and fast and a mutual respect between the clubs

sharky21
26-09-2013, 01:03 PM
At tenambit it our derby game used to be against the Weston Swifts the years I played them in the old ID3 comp we used to love to get the points from them.
As for local rivals without a doubt Bero from league 1. We always knew every game it was going to be a tough clash with a bit of fire from both sides. And one that I'm sure will form soon for us is with the new Bero who will no doubt be in ZL2 next season. A number of ex tenambit players. May not happy next year (due to tenambit s pending relegation) but I know it will be a game il mark on the calendar when it happens

pv4
26-09-2013, 01:22 PM
Back in the day Westlakes & Toronto used to have a massive rivalry. Nowadays the gap between leagues is just too big to keep that up. I'd say the game that most Westlakes boys look forward to nowadays is the Olympic ones at Rathmines. Sounds like a fair few teams love playing against Olympic tbh.

Muswellbrook & Kurri used to have a fierce rivalry before Kurri decided not to bother to show up to the games anymore

KSSFC
26-09-2013, 01:25 PM
Kotara's main rival was New Lambton Eagles. Had some cracking first grade games over the last couple of years before they got moved into the Premiear League.
In plattsy's last season in ID 1's Kotara and Platssy created a bit of a rivalry against one another including a cup game (Not a big rivalry by any means but was the fiercest rivalry we had in the comp from our perspective)

And as mentioned above, Garden Suburbs is now considered our Derby due to the georgraphical location and what has been on the line the last couple of years we have played (Semi Finals Spots / Promotion). Will hopefully continue next year if Suburbs remain in 1's

idontwannaplaywithhowey
26-09-2013, 03:14 PM
Kotara's main rival was New Lambton Eagles. Had some cracking first grade games over the last couple of years before they got moved into the Premiear League.
In plattsy's last season in ID 1's Kotara and Platssy created a bit of a rivalry against one another including a cup game (Not a big rivalry by any means but was the fiercest rivalry we had in the comp from our perspective)

And as mentioned above, Garden Suburbs is now considered our Derby due to the georgraphical location and what has been on the line the last couple of years we have played (Semi Finals Spots / Promotion). Will hopefully continue next year if Suburbs remain in 1's

New Lambton and Kotara derbies were always top noitch affairs... One that sticks in the memory is a few years back at Kotara, with the Tigers up 3-0 at half time and their crowd absolutely giving it to us....Came out second half and New Lambton ended up winning 6-3...Plenty more less memorable games for the Eagles though, as Kotara tended to have the wood on us.

KSSFC
26-09-2013, 03:24 PM
New Lambton and Kotara derbies were always top noitch affairs... One that sticks in the memory is a few years back at Kotara, with the Tigers up 3-0 at half time and their crowd absolutely giving it to us....Came out second half and New Lambton ended up winning 6-3...Plenty more less memorable games for the Eagles though, as Kotara tended to have the wood on us.

Yep that was a cracking game, I know I personally gave as much abuse as possible to your players at half time, and as the score turned in New Lambtons favour in the second half, all we could do was cop it on the chin. But fuk that was painful.

russjaybee
26-09-2013, 04:39 PM
Dungog and Claro had a pretty good rivalry going over the years.

The group of players I grew up with at Dungog were also mates with a similar group of players coming up through C'Town. Had some pretty epic battles throughout the years, seasons where we would both spank each other, then next season we would draw 4-4 etc. Since we both went to Dungog High the pre-game Fridays and post-game Mondays were always fun.

That rivalry was a friendly but very hard fought one. The oldies in the clubs had a much more bitter look at it which stopped the clubs from combining resources (players) until our group finally formed an u18 side and went on to win the GF 4-0 against a then undefeated Singleton. Good times.

sammydog
26-09-2013, 06:31 PM

For the Kingfishers, outside of Cardiff, I've always found the biggest games since I was a junior at the club (irrespective of competition) have been with the other nearby clubs Charlestown and Dudley and to a lesser extent Kahibah.

As a junior there was some huge games against Charlestown, Dudley and Cardiff when we wound up in the same comp.

Thomas477
26-09-2013, 06:40 PM
St Johns FC with HCCF. They seemed to do anything they could to **** us over. Halo will agree with me.

ForeverRed
26-09-2013, 06:59 PM
gunners v Edgeworth, bring it on baby

C'mon man
26-09-2013, 09:57 PM
yeah Kotara v NL was always a massive game. That 6-3 loss still hurts..... but really KS v NL were always great games in ALL three grades, on the field and supported which a lot of clubs don't have that in all grades...each game was always well contested

hawk
26-09-2013, 10:18 PM
St Johns FC with HCCF. They seemed to do anything they could to **** us over. Halo will agree with me.
Assoc aint treatin you well?
Mayfield baps ffs, injury everytime.

hawk
26-09-2013, 10:19 PM
Cardiff and Valo in my day

Thomas477
26-09-2013, 11:05 PM
Assoc aint treatin you well?
Mayfield baps ffs, injury everytime.

So well we've sent an application to join Newcastle Football to start next year in their comps, as well as merging with a local junior club. Just alot of little thngs and them constantly moving the goal posts on us, plus the promise of generally more referees to each game.

And playing for or against them?

hawk
27-09-2013, 12:33 PM
So well we've sent an application to join Newcastle Football to start next year in their comps, as well as merging with a local junior club. Just alot of little thngs and them constantly moving the goal posts on us, plus the promise of generally more referees to each game.

And playing for or against them?
against.

If your going to all-age start low as possible. There are decent teams is all grades.

Captain_Carl
19-11-2021, 10:08 AM
What are the top 3 biggest rivalries in local football?