PDA

View Full Version : Jets Membership Packs

Leftback at Home
26-09-2013, 03:47 PM
Anybody else notice the downturn in quality of the membership packs this year?
Card is thinner (could snap at anytime), fixture magnet is paper, lanyard doesn't have the safety buckle & the sneaky buggers hid the free Jets Cap token on the back of the membership package (probably hoping it is not noticed so the save money on giving caps away).
I know it's a token gift in return for buying membership, and not really what you pay for but the whole thing just has a cheap & nasty feel to it and hardly the message you should be sending to fans.

q-money
26-09-2013, 03:53 PM
Card is thinner
this is just like totally not true ay

this year's on top - last year's on bottom

http://i.imgur.com/VwPhfFc.jpg

(could snap at anytime)
the ljubo of cards

i agree with everything else though, the magnet is a disc race

Grimario
26-09-2013, 04:00 PM

Is that anything like a Discathon, the ultimate in solo disc and running sports?

http://wfdf.org/sports/discathon

hausmann
26-09-2013, 04:07 PM
Yeah, the opening of the membership pack is a supporter ritual that deserves better attention.

For mine, I really couldn't care less about the lanyard and keyring. I just want my season ticket and prefer more money spent on innovative packaging to make the unwrapping an experience. The supporter pack was cool but the cheap shit inside made it a bit of a hollow gesture. The envelope mine came in looked old and was sealed with a small bit of sticky tape.

That said, our owner doesn't have money anymore so my expectations weren't high this year.

At least we got them.

Rocknerd
26-09-2013, 04:32 PM
I think the key ring is key for me. the first under tinks was class. metal, strong clip and a club crest with membership year etched into the back. Quality.
second year a plastic replica of the kit designed to stab you in the leg this year a rubber square with crest and season motto.

I can take the crappy fixtures list, I couldn't bother getting into caps and lanyards, but the key ring is my favourite part and I want them to go back to that original club crest, makes me proud to have it on my keys.

Maito Mitch
26-09-2013, 04:34 PM
the sneaky buggers hid the free Jets Cap token on the back of the membership package

Well f*** me

I better retrieve that from the bin where it's sitting next to the magnent fixture list that doesn't stick to anything

Poor tinks is doing it tough

Grimario
26-09-2013, 04:37 PM
Lanyard is the one thing I get the most use out of. Instead of corporate lanyard, I happily rock a Jerks lanyard. The 11/12 one with detachable end bit is far and away the best one we have had. Still using it :(

sammydog
26-09-2013, 06:38 PM
I am still using the 08/09 lanyard. I didn't like last years with the release on it.

Haven't opened the pack this year to look at it.

GazFish35
26-09-2013, 06:47 PM
I'm just oping my card gets me into games we win instead of games we lose.

Leftback at Home
27-09-2013, 08:21 AM
Maybe thinner was the wrong word, but mine is certainly flimsier this year - cheaper plastic perhaps.

Leftback at Home
27-09-2013, 08:23 AM
Yes the keyring - that was a let down. I still have my original going strong. Don't think the rubber one will see much action this season.

pv4
27-09-2013, 08:26 AM
I think the key ring is key for me. the first under tinks was class. metal, strong clip and a club crest with membership year etched into the back. Quality.
second year a plastic replica of the kit designed to stab you in the leg this year a rubber square with crest and season motto.

I can take the crappy fixtures list, I couldn't bother getting into caps and lanyards, but the key ring is my favourite part and I want them to go back to that original club crest, makes me proud to have it on my keys.

Agreed.

Also the club crest one was relatively small, whereas the jersey and to an extent this one are pretty big.

Really not a fan of the Stand With Us motto AT ALL (to me saying "in victory and defeat we stand together, stand with us" is saying "we're shit and we know we are, but don't give up on us plz"), so the sticker will definately not be getting a run on my car.

Jeterpool
27-09-2013, 09:29 AM
Haven't opened the pack this year to look at it.

Nor have I

q-money
27-09-2013, 09:43 AM
Maybe thinner was the wrong word, but mine is certainly flimsier this year - cheaper plastic perhaps.

the card is exactly the same as last year

MFKS
27-09-2013, 09:49 AM
this is just like totally not true ay

this year's on top - last year's on bottom

http://i.imgur.com/VwPhfFc.jpg

the ljubo of cards

I am ****ed what are these photos of??? Maybe i am colorblind or something but I have looked at them a heap of times and can't work out WTF they are???

toad
27-09-2013, 10:04 AM
the card is exactly the same as last year

:gent:

pv4
27-09-2013, 10:11 AM
I am ****ed what are these photos of??? Maybe i am colorblind or something but I have looked at them a heap of times and can't work out WTF they are???

It's one photo homie. The white divide in the middle is actually the two cards (this year & last year), showing the thickness of them

russjaybee
27-09-2013, 10:30 AM

Yeah mate it got me too, for all of 5 seconds. Sort if out MFKS.

Leftback at Home
27-09-2013, 10:36 AM
Well my card this year, regardless of it's thickness, is certainly more flimsy & less rigid then last year. Maybe their is some variablity in them.

russjaybee
27-09-2013, 11:14 AM
Card Gate 2013

the blue manc
27-09-2013, 06:44 PM
I'll find a use for the card.

dink
30-09-2013, 01:42 PM
Scarfs?

Grimario
01-10-2013, 10:17 AM
Only the Baartz Club get scarves this year, from memory. You can use your $10 voucher to buy one though...

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/newcastlejets/news-display/Important-Member-Launch-update/76177

No Jets v Jets members launch.

MFKS
01-10-2013, 10:39 AM
Makes you wonder why they aren't doing it at Wanderers Oval like they did last year.

Magic could have made some money from the canteen sales to make up for all the $$ they will miss out on by not hosting the GF next year:whistling:

q-money
01-10-2013, 10:41 AM
so mars bars stadium is nailed on to be ****ing terrible this year, i wonder how this will affect our high-tempo passing game

BodyNovo
01-10-2013, 10:43 AM
Makes you wonder why they aren't doing it at Wanderers Oval like they did last year.

Magic could have made some money from the canteen sales to make up for all the $$ they will miss out on by not hosting the GF next year:whistling:

they will just have another rbbq

q-money
01-10-2013, 10:59 AM
why can't the jets be more like the magic?

MFKS
10-10-2013, 12:33 AM
Just going through the house looking for the discount at the HSG supporter shop everyone got with the Membership. Wanted to go shopping and use the $10 off voucher(TIGHTARSE I know). Can't seem to find it. What the **** am I meant to be looking for??

Bit of Paper/ Cardboard/etc what does it look like???

pv4
10-10-2013, 08:49 AM
Just going through the house looking for the discount at the HSG supporter shop everyone got with the Membership. Wanted to go shopping and use the $10 off voucher(TIGHTARSE I know). Can't seem to find it. What the **** am I meant to be looking for??

Bit of Paper/ Cardboard/etc what does it look like???

Basically a business card sized bit of cardboard. Possibly white/grey.

Also that "wrapping" that all the member "goodies" came in is what you use to claim your members hat, apparently

Jeterpool
10-10-2013, 09:44 AM
Basically a business card sized bit of cardboard. Possibly white/grey.

Also that "wrapping" that all the member "goodies" came in is what you use to claim your members hat, apparently

Yep nearly threw it out myself.