PDA

View Full Version : Futsal

q-money
03-10-2013, 05:56 PM
hey bros, bro-ettes

how many of you play futsal on here, and how do you find the local competitions?

i'm talking proper futsal, not speed soccer :rof:

most importantly - does newcastle have people that specifically play futsal, as opposed to outdoor football, and are these people who play it specifically noticeably "technically and tactically" ( :rof: ) clarshier than those who do not?

further - do the people who come in and blow everyone away in the first games of the futsal season, coming off an outdoor season stay at the top of the league, or are they outclassed by those who play futsal in a way suited to the specific demands of the game?

just wanting to know if you've noticed anything like this in newcastle, as I have been playing futsal down in sydney and have noticed a very big difference in the way the game is played between the two cities.

militiamon
03-10-2013, 07:06 PM
I play like 80% legit futsal at The Forum on Friday nights. Mixed (:yap:) and fairly social though, so couldn't comment on your specific questions commando q.

How do you find the injuries? In between my infamous frisbee injury and getting kicked by your blokes on roids with thighs the size of my torso, I've been farked playing it. Ankles are the biggest issue, at one stage both were rooted. I'd imagine there'd be loads of these types of injuries for the pro player.

boz-monaut
03-10-2013, 07:42 PM
what is this Sydney centric shit post?

of course we have futsal here - though it tends to only be as a summer thing here as everyone plays outdoor in winter

as opposed to Sydney, I doubt there's many who play futsal who don't play outdoor

but speaking from my team's perspective - it does take a few weeks to change styles from outdoor to futsal - the positioning, the marking, the differences in the way the small heavy ball plays, the teamwork, they all take a bit of time to work out

but to the actual point of this email - yes this phenomenon of better outdoor players ripping it during the early part of the season being caught up as teams learn to play and adapt is apparent in Newcastle too

one thing I didn't ever see in Sydney though was seeing a bloke get so angry he punched himself repeatedly in the head

(source: I played A Grade futsal in Sydney for years and am a champion B Grade Man in Newcastle)

pistolpete
03-10-2013, 07:47 PM
one thing I didn't ever see in Sydney though was seeing a bloke get so angry he punched himself repeatedly in the head)

I feel like doing this after every jets game

GazFish35
03-10-2013, 11:06 PM
Is it played anywhere in either location on a proper sized court?

Thomas477
05-10-2013, 09:52 PM
I think Howzat and Gateshead may be the only ones that run proper Futsal in Newy, but Howzat may not do "proper" futsal anymore.

I play Indoor Sokkah out at Warners Bay/Charlestown Indoor, and there's just the 1 team who's members play for the Suns who generally smash everyone. Most of the other teams are pretty even, and generally it'll just come down to who has subs on the day and who's playing for each team.