PDA

View Full Version : General A-League Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

plague
13-07-2018, 02:23 PM
Comments are interesting.
Clubs/players 'should' be training harder shouldn't they?

The fact such a trash player is celebrated is a pretty bad indictment on the whole league.

Oh I'm sorry I forgot the same league produced Daniel Arzani my bad everything is good and fine.

mic22
14-07-2018, 03:36 PM
Yep.
He'll fit right in at Syd FFA :D

Not too hard to predict, wasn't it? :D
https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/sydney-closing-in-on-george-to-rub-salt-in-victory-s-wounds

"He is viewed as a ready-made replacement for departed Polish international and Johnny Warren medalist Adrian Mierzejewski."
hahahahaha
HAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHA

plague
16-07-2018, 11:14 PM
Ok, someone please tell me the Usain Gypo thing is correct.

And if it is, lets all admit its time to set fire to the whole thing and be done with it.

Jeterpool
17-07-2018, 07:03 AM

And if it is, lets all admit its time to set fire to the whole thing and be done with it.

+1

MonkeyKplunk
17-07-2018, 08:40 AM

+2

All the reports are from NewsCorp however, so I assume it's them trying to have a massive troll because no one cared about NRL while the WC was on

plague
17-07-2018, 09:36 AM
+2

All the reports are from NewsCorp however, so I assume it's them trying to have a massive troll because no one cared about NRL while the WC was on

Oh I dont even need it to be completely true.

I just need to know that someone at that broke ass club thought it was a brilliant idea to make the approach.

Grimario
17-07-2018, 10:34 AM
It's legit...

https://www.ccmariners.com.au/news/mariners-address-usain-bolt-media-speculation

Couscous
17-07-2018, 11:48 AM
So let's say Bolt passes his 'trial' and the FFA agrees to pay 30% of his salary as a marquee.

Would this be a good thing? The Mariners would burn their money - and it would be mostly their money. I guess the league would be damaged but would Mariners misery be worth it?

Couscous
17-07-2018, 11:55 AM
Now this is our caravan.

http://i.imgur.com/wKWgWXz.jpg

Jetmaster
17-07-2018, 12:07 PM
So they replace Buhagiar, the fastest man in the league, with Bolt, the fastest man in the world.
All well and good but neither can play football to the level required.
Be fun watching Usain do an ACL or be hatcheted by Boogs in the derby though.

Grimario
17-07-2018, 12:09 PM
It's not like being good at football has ever been a requirement to get a gig in the A-League though.

plague
17-07-2018, 01:09 PM
Now this is our caravan.

http://i.imgur.com/wKWgWXz.jpg

wait wait wait.

hold up a minute.

Is the X-man still repping a Jets kit on his social platforms AND still ripping the gypos?

If so he goes straight into the hall of fame Newyboys.

What a ledge.

The Dunster
17-07-2018, 01:48 PM
It's legit...

https://www.ccmariners.com.au/news/mariners-address-usain-bolt-media-speculation

https://media.giphy.com/media/1i5ahPfzuho1G/giphy.gif

MFKS
17-07-2018, 06:22 PM
Seriously how lame is the ****ing FFA??

I already know the Gypos are

But these cunce are allowing our sport to be raked through the mud in their cluelessness

If we had competent people running the game in this country who have the games best interests at heart they aint allowing some**** to make us look like dumb ****ing clueless hillbillies thanks to the Gypos

They are piping up and telling the Gypos they aint grtting a zack for Bolt as he aint a footballer and if they want to treat the comp like a circus they can pay for him which we knoow the povo cunce dont have the cash for

Better yet this makes a compelling case for the intro of promotion and relegation

These cunce need relegation for being ****ing retarded

****ing joke

17-07-2018, 06:55 PM
Seriously how lame is the ****ing FFA??

I already know the Gypos are

But these cunce are allowing our sport to be raked through the mud in their cluelessness

If we had competent people running the game in this country who have the games best interests at heart they aint allowing some**** to make us look like dumb ****ing clueless hillbillies thanks to the Gypos

They are piping up and telling the Gypos they aint grtting a zack for Bolt as he aint a footballer and if they want to treat the comp like a circus they can pay for him which we knoow the povo cunce dont have the cash for

Better yet this makes a compelling case for the intro of promotion and relegation

These cunce need relegation for being ****ing retarded

****ing joke

This. Said some time ago the League would be better off without this club. We have other regions pleading for a go who at this stage would do a better job of having there shit together. This League can't carry rubbish like the Mariners any longer.

MFKS
17-07-2018, 07:35 PM
This. Said some time ago the League would be better off without this club. We have other regions pleading for a go who at this stage would do a better job of having there shit together. This League can't carry rubbish like the Mariners any longer.

Cant carry rubbish like Gallop and Lowy either

If this shit comes off lets just fold the comp

This is a ****ing farce

HAL is meant to be a serious competition

FFA letting it be treated as a WWE script

Why no charges for bringing the game into disrepute for allowing our game to be dragged through the mud??

****ing Joke

StannyCFCJET
17-07-2018, 08:23 PM
That was us not too long ago

plague
17-07-2018, 08:34 PM

nah, not even close.

there was never a time in the Jets history (except when owned by the Double-Eff-Aye) that our owners werent at least trying to win.

now granted they did a pretty horrid job of it, often.

but they can never be accused of this type of horseshit.

Jetmaster
17-07-2018, 09:03 PM
Be honest though - we'd miss them if they were gone.

plague
17-07-2018, 09:08 PM
Be honest though - we'd miss them if they were gone.

oh god no.

we'd just move onto hatin' something else.

boz-monaut
17-07-2018, 09:16 PM
I reckon we could hate Wollongong as much as Central Coast

at least Wollongong is a city, not some shit dormitory suburb of Sydney full of angry tradies and domestic violence

could probably hate Canberra as well if I applied myself

MFKS
17-07-2018, 09:19 PM

at least Wollongong is a city, not some shit dormitory suburb of Sydney full of angry tradies and domestic violence

Think it is time we really started moving on to just hating on the Sydney clubs more

Both the red aids and blue aids deserve it

belchardo
17-07-2018, 09:29 PM

nah, we're lovable rogues down here. nobody can hate us. remember, you all send your shit to us.

17-07-2018, 10:06 PM

Not likely, The only time those donkeys get over 7k to a game is when they play another NSW team. Even at our lowest ebb our club has busted its ass to turn things around.

Those plodders down the road are just doing enough to retain a license and should be put on notice. I have no doubt 3-4 other areas around the country could bring more to the game.

17-07-2018, 10:10 PM

This, At least a proper Wollongong outfit in the Wolves would bring some tradition and previous back to back national titles with it as a platform.

Couscous
17-07-2018, 10:42 PM
Re: the Member's rant, the FFA hasn't actually agreed to pay a cent for Bolt.

StannyCFCJET
17-07-2018, 10:48 PM
oh god no.

we'd just move onto hatin' something else.

Sydney

plague
17-07-2018, 10:52 PM
Re: the Member's rant, the FFA hasn't actually agreed to pay a cent for Bolt.

Not the point.

The problem is that someone, somewhere thought it would be good PR to float this idea. This person should be removed from the sport and never be involved with it anywhere, ever again.

FFA should have been on the blower* with .01sec of this news getting to them dismissing it with all the ridicule it deserves.

*of course it would have to be a payphone as gypos are poor and cant afford mobiles.

plague
17-07-2018, 11:03 PM

ive been lucky enough to travel to many places all over the world and have never once set foot in Wollongong or even driven through the joint. Its a place that i have ever needed to or wanted to visit for any reason.

not sure i can hate a place when there is absolutely zero interest in it. to hate it would mean acknowledging it, and to be fair i cant much be assed doing that.

as for Canberra. Bite your tongue young man.

Good Canberra things:
dope buildings, its flat so you can pushie round forever, manuka oval is the business, highways in and out are legit land speed record zones, that lake thing that you never know if theres water in it, perfect stop for a redbull on the way to the snow, that Belchardo chap seems like good people.

Bad Canberra things:
Politicians, weather is a bit up and down, the ****ing magpies, good lord those ****ing magpies are evil incarnate BURN THEM WITH FIRE!!!!!

Jeterpool
17-07-2018, 11:06 PM
Good Canberra things
Bentspoke Brewery

halo se7en
18-07-2018, 06:18 AM
Even when the Mariners were consistently flying, making grand finals and eventually being handed a seat, their crowds were pretty ordinary, which makes me think there’s absolutely no potential there for any sort of growth. Whereas before last season we were still maintaining good crowds considering how woeful we were.

When they won it, they averaged 10,000 for the season, we averaged 13,300 and came last.

MFKS
18-07-2018, 06:50 AM
Even when the Mariners were consistently flying, making grand finals and eventually being handed a seat, their crowds were pretty ordinary, which makes me think there’s absolutely no potential there for any sort of growth. Whereas before last season we were still maintaining good crowds considering how woeful we were.

When they won it, they averaged 10,000 for the season, we averaged 13,300 and came last.

Mariners making GFs

Other than that 1 year they made the GF oy for Griff to score the winni g goal wtc I dont recall them ever being successful

Been shit every other year from my recollection

MFKS
18-07-2018, 06:52 AM
Not the point.

The problem is that someone, somewhere thought it would be good PR to float this idea. This person should be removed from the sport and never be involved with it anywhere, ever again.

FFA should have been on the blower* with .01sec of this news getting to them dismissing it with all the ridicule it deserves.

*of course it would have to be a payphone as gypos are poor and cant afford mobiles.

Truth bombs

Someone should have been told to sit down shut up at the very idea

It is also more a poor reflection on the FFAs running of things that this idea would be mooted

Wouldnt happen in a real football country

**** our sockah kulcha shits me at times

mic22
18-07-2018, 08:53 AM
Wouldnt happen in a real football country
Yep... some serious football places like Germany would never allow that... ;)

boz-monaut
18-07-2018, 12:38 PM
exactly

when was the outrage when he trialed for Dortmund?

Grimario
18-07-2018, 12:52 PM
That was purely a publicity stunt. I think part of the outrage I have seen here is that there is the worry it isn't or it won't end up being... he's the fastest bloke in the world, will tear shreds out of NPL opponents purely from speed and could theoretically score bucket loads. When you consider Trent Buhagiar and Kwabena Appiah have somehow forged a career out of being nothing but fast, it wouldn't be surprising to see Bolt get an A-league gig, especially at the Mariners, purely from being fastest.

plague
18-07-2018, 01:16 PM
exactly

when was the outrage when he trialed for Dortmund?

I'd say there was a fair difference between a perennial Champions League team with huge crowds and resources performing a publicity stunt versus a broke ass bunch of 4th generation welfare addicts honestly believing it would fast track their reemergence as a laughing stock of the league.

Bolt would be about as effective in the pursuit of long term success of that club as putting up another ****ing inflatable sauce bottle.

plague
18-07-2018, 01:18 PM
To be fair though the league and some clubs were falling over themselves in the pursuit of a washed up Tim Cahill so there's prob some scary truth behind all of this.

pv4
18-07-2018, 01:22 PM
To be fair, Bolt has done more for CCM's profile than CCM have done for themselves basically since Arnie left. Meilekamp (sp?) on The Project already seems to have gathered more hype around the club than the entire Luis Garcia project did.

Is it an issue that CCM need this interest boost in such a tacky way? Almost definitely.

But still, they need it and even the mere mention of Bolt has done a lot.

There's no such thing as bad #fakenews

plague
18-07-2018, 01:44 PM
To be fair, Bolt has done more for CCM's profile than CCM have done for themselves basically since Arnie left. Meilekamp (sp?) on The Project already seems to have gathered more hype around the club than the entire Luis Garcia project did.

Is it an issue that CCM need this interest boost in such a tacky way? Almost definitely.

But still, they need it and even the mere mention of Bolt has done a lot.

There's no such thing as bad #fakenews

For sure man, Elon Musk and Papa John both been all over the news this week.

Am sure they are both ecstatic with the clicks... ..

belchardo
18-07-2018, 07:44 PM
Good Canberra things
Bentspoke Brewery

if only they put their beer in bottles, not cans. :redcard:

MFKS
18-07-2018, 07:56 PM
For sure man, Elon Musk and Papa John both been all over the news this week.

Am sure they are both ecstatic with the clicks... ..

Same when Todd Carney was drinking his piss
That other Drugby League player getting a BJ from a dog

Yeah Publicity is publicity and all

Sure their mums were proud of them those weeks

This Bolt to Gypos stuff is as bad for the game as those things were for those dickheads reputations

halo se7en
18-07-2018, 08:43 PM
Or maybe the rest of the public don’t care as much as you think they do. The shit rugby league players continuously get involved in doesn’t seem to affect anything, why would a few articles about Bolt?

plague
18-07-2018, 08:54 PM
Or maybe the rest of the public don’t care as much as you think they do. The shit rugby league players continuously get involved in doesn’t seem to affect anything, why would a few articles about Bolt?

oh thats because there are different levels to which society deals with general ****headedness.

Its the reason why CEOs and and their employees have different standards.

Its why politicians and the voters have different rules.

we are a bottom feeder league, if we want to stay a bottom feeder then keep on acting like bottom feeders.

id rather them act like we've been there before.

no one is saying its right, its just the way it is.

pv4
18-07-2018, 09:15 PM
That other Drugby League player getting a BJ from a dog

Dude is knights captain now

boz-monaut
18-07-2018, 09:18 PM
ive been lucky enough to travel to many places all over the world and have never once set foot in Wollongong or even driven through the joint. Its a place that i have ever needed to or wanted to visit for any reason.

not sure i can hate a place when there is absolutely zero interest in it. to hate it would mean acknowledging it, and to be fair i cant much be assed doing that.

as for Canberra. Bite your tongue young man.

Good Canberra things:
dope buildings, its flat so you can pushie round forever, manuka oval is the business, highways in and out are legit land speed record zones, that lake thing that you never know if theres water in it, perfect stop for a redbull on the way to the snow, that Belchardo chap seems like good people.

Bad Canberra things:
Politicians, weather is a bit up and down, the ****ing magpies, good lord those ****ing magpies are evil incarnate BURN THEM WITH FIRE!!!!!

I utterly hate the city of Wollongong - I have actually vowed to never, ever return there

that said I still want them in the A-League (I just won't attend away games there)

as for Canberra, I never said I hated it, I said I probably could if I applied myself

I like the place and have spent a fair bit of time driving around Canberra suburbs for work - other than not having any real inner city walking suburbs, it's a nice place - I really dig some of the modernist houses in the swankier suburbs and I actually like the weather there

18-07-2018, 09:58 PM
Nothing wrong with the Gong for an away game. Plenty of Pubs within a 10 min walk from the ground. Licensed club directly across the road. Wollongong train station only 15 min walk or by car i can generally make no speeding of course to bottom of Mt Ousley Rd in about 2h 45min.

MFKS
18-07-2018, 10:12 PM
Nothing wrong with the Gong for an away game. Plenty of Pubs within a 10 min walk from the ground. Licensed club directly across the road. Wollongong train station only 15 min walk or by car i can generally make no speeding of course to bottom of Mt Ousley Rd in about 2h 45min.

As long as it isnt the Harp then it a goer

Also this away day shit in Wollongong is a pipe dream

When we played down there i got home at 6am or something. I would stay overnight next time

18-07-2018, 10:18 PM
The Grand is a good option. Pretty much halfway between station and ground and a single block away from the middle of Crown St so plenty of nightclub and pubs to swing by within a few blocks of each other.

The North Gong is best by a country mile, Place really goes off and very handy to North Gong Station but a fair ways from the ground unfortunately.

Grimario
19-07-2018, 11:48 AM
Thoughts? He'd be a better option than Virgili if we are looking at an Australian winger.

Oz Transfer Market
‏@oztransfers

Awer Mabil could leave Danish side FC Midtjylland in search of more regular game time. He could return to the A-League, with former side Adelaide United a possibility. [442] #ALeague

lil_masi
19-07-2018, 11:54 AM
Thoughts? He'd be a better option than Virgili if we are looking at an Australian winger.

I would have taken him. But our original plan for a winger has changed due to Roys suspension. Lawrie's now said we need a central striker that can then play wide

The Camel
19-07-2018, 12:12 PM
I would have taken him. But our original plan for a winger has changed due to Roys suspension. Lawrie's now said we need a central striker that can then play wide

Champness could play up top for Roy with Dimi, Vargas and Mabil in behind. Would be a formidable front 4

pv4
19-07-2018, 01:19 PM
We need to take plaguesey to the Harp

StannyCFCJET
19-07-2018, 02:17 PM
Champness could play up top for Roy with Dimi, Vargas and Mabil in behind. Would be a formidable front 4

Joey doesn't work up top for me

Jetmaster
19-07-2018, 02:23 PM
Nuh...we tried that one game last season and he had no idea.

StannyCFCJET
19-07-2018, 03:09 PM
Nuh...we tried that one game last season and he had no idea.

Wellington away. 1-0 win up the hoff

Jeterpool
19-07-2018, 03:24 PM
I reckon Hoff is the answer up top. He's started to find his finishing boots and is getting better as he matures.

Mabil would be a good option along with Halloran. That would still leave room for an additional striker but they wouldn't be on much coin as a result.

We need to be thinking about ACL as well as A-League.

StannyCFCJET
19-07-2018, 03:41 PM
I reckon Hoff is the answer up top. He's started to find his finishing boots and is getting better as he matures.

Mabil would be a good option along with Halloran. That would still leave room for an additional striker but they wouldn't be on much coin as a result.

Hoff would be good at winning headers for our smaller attackers

19-07-2018, 03:57 PM

Yep thinking the same. He does his best work up the field.

plague
19-07-2018, 04:48 PM
We need to take plaguesey to the Harp

The 'gong?

My thoughts on the place are documented. Although after hearing Mr Boz's summary of it im developing an irrational hatred of it just sitting here.

**** Wollongong, and **** the Harp.

Couscous
19-07-2018, 05:18 PM
Hoff's grand final misses still hurt me deeply.

That you can talk freely about him playing as our lead striker makes me suspect that most of you are actually Victory fans.

MFKS
19-07-2018, 05:55 PM
Hoff's grand final misses still hurt me deeply.

That you can talk freely about him playing as our lead striker makes me suspect that most of you are actually Victory fans.

That is your best post ever

Could positive rep you but i wont

Never let it be forgotten

One man on GF day could have won us the GF and been like Griff as only the second man to score the winning goal in a GF for us

But for some reason he chose not to and let us suffer

VAR failing and Roys Karate Kid impersonation are not why we lost the GF

It was down to someone missing an open ****ing net and then butchering a tap in

Hoffman up front??
Yeah good one ***

StannyCFCJET
19-07-2018, 06:01 PM
That is your best post ever

Could positive rep you but i wont

Never let it be forgotten

One man on GF day could have won us the GF and been like Griff as only the second man to score the winning goal in a GF for us

But for some reason he chose not to and let us suffer

VAR failing and Roys Karate Kid impersonation are not why we lost the GF

It was down to someone missing an open ****ing net and then butchering a tap in

Hoffman up front??
Yeah good one ***

So the rest of the team panicking and going away from the gameplan second half didnt hurt us? Hoffy scores 9/10 but Thomas was a machine that day. Nothing you can do when a keeper is in that form

MFKS
19-07-2018, 06:28 PM
So the rest of the team panicking and going away from the gameplan second half didnt hurt us? Hoffy scores 9/10 but Thomas was a machine that day. Nothing you can do when a keeper is in that form

Slow down

Thomas was a machine??

If Hoffman buries the free header then Thomas is vilified for coming for a cross missing it and gifting the Jets the equasliser

So he aint getting MoM because he will have made a Karius like **** up

Your boy Hoff cost us more with his failings than anyone on the park

It was a free header into an open ****ing net

Dont have to get creative with it to score

StannyCFCJET
19-07-2018, 06:32 PM
Slow down

Thomas was a machine??

If Hoffman buries the free header then Thomas is vilified for coming for a cross missing it and gifting the Jets the equasliser

So he aint getting MoM because he will have made a Karius like **** up

Your boy Hoff cost us more with his failings than anyone on the park

It was a free header into an open ****ing net

Dont have to get creative with it to score

The Hoffy free header was against City the week before was it not?

MFKS
19-07-2018, 06:58 PM
I pretty certain a ball was played in from the right in the first half from my recollection from Dimi

Keeper come charging out and missed it

Hoff had an open net

Missed the ****ing target completely by a long way

Couscous
19-07-2018, 08:08 PM
Hoff missed twice in the grand final. Once was an open net; awful, awful miss. The other was a rebound from a saved McGree shot - he just needed to lift it away from the keeper but he failed, gifting Lawrence a double-save.

plague
19-07-2018, 09:33 PM
Oh would you have a look at that.
Interstate for a wedding on the same weekend the Jets roll into town.

Might go watch.

Beers etc etc etc.

MFKS
20-07-2018, 09:04 AM
Hoff missed twice in the grand final. Once was an open net; awful, awful miss. The other was a rebound from a saved McGree shot - he just needed to lift it away from the keeper but he failed, gifting Lawrence a double-save.

Wasnt a header the open net

But it should have been

Hoff tri3d lifting his leg up to a chest high ball and prodding it goalwards
ie Getting Creative

The simplest move was a header

A header that all he had to do was hit the ground somnewhere outside of a metre from him and 15metres from him

Butchered it all

Jetmaster
20-07-2018, 05:13 PM
The Hoff's allround hatred of all things Gypo absolves him of all sins.

plague
23-07-2018, 10:28 PM
shit, so Perth are playing Chelsea tonight? cant say i even knew this was happening until a tweet came across my desk tonight.

2mins in and chelsea have even brought out their plastic flags all the way from London.

excellent.

StannyCFCJET
23-07-2018, 10:45 PM
shit, so Perth are playing Chelsea tonight? cant say i even knew this was happening until a tweet came across my desk tonight.

2mins in and chelsea have even brought out their plastic flags all the way from London.

excellent.

Ahh the old plastic joke because they have nothing else to hate on us about.

Jetmaster
24-07-2018, 08:40 PM
Watching replay on demand....more atmos from Sgt Gypos Hearts Club Band in Gosford.

Roundball Enthusiast
25-07-2018, 11:21 AM
Hahahahah De-Silva to $ydney FC on the first ever "Intra-club loan" not even 24 hours after its introduced..

plague
25-07-2018, 11:28 AM
Hahahahah De-Silva to $ydney FC on the first ever "Intra-club loan" not even 24 hours after its introduced..

Wait? When did this become a thing?

Thought transfers between clubs wasnt kosher?

Or have they legit invented a new rule because a club had an idea again?

OmeletteDuFromage
25-07-2018, 11:29 AM
Wait? When did this become a thing?

Thought transfers between clubs wasnt kosher?

Or have they legit invented a new rule because a club had an idea again?

Rule was announced yesterday allowing u23 players to move between clubs on loan. Legit next day Sydney come out with this :lulzturtle:

Bon
25-07-2018, 11:31 AM
You just can't script this sh!t.. haha :lulzturtle:

Roundball Enthusiast
25-07-2018, 11:51 AM
Remember, DDS has a deal with Roma, right?

So Roma pay CCM for DDS salary.. (because they have an option to buy him out or something, from memory) but now DDS is at $ydney FC.. (also DDS can't play against CCM throughout the season - part of the loan deal)..

So who is paying DDS his exuberant salary? Roma? CCM? $ydney FC?

hahahaha this is so good.

The Dunster
25-07-2018, 12:01 PM
We should all start writing letters to FIFA telling them we want the current FFA board banned from running football in this country.
The FFA have probably offered to cover Bolt's salary if they let DDS go to their team - umm I mean Sydney FC.

plague
25-07-2018, 01:01 PM
Rule was announced yesterday allowing u23 players to move between clubs on loan. Legit next day Sydney come out with this :lulzturtle:

Bhahaha.

The double eff aye is by far my most favourite sporting organisation.

Whilst the NRL and AFL work so feverishly wasting money and time with PR crews mopping up every mistake and relying on their well rewarded media mates to present a United front, here comes SS Gallop and his merry band of misfits flying the biggest flag from the tallest mast proudly exclaiming "WE ARE A SHITSHOW".

God damn it makes me so proud to see our heros so open and honest.

Jeterpool
25-07-2018, 01:37 PM

They've stopped being subtle about it, haven't they.

plague
25-07-2018, 01:44 PM
They've stopped being subtle about it, haven't they.

When Nth Korea installed the dictators son as the new dictator all hell broke loose yet the FFA is all like "yeah nah this is the only option".

You realise that means Trump is the only bloke who can save us now.

boz-monaut
25-07-2018, 04:15 PM
and when you realise it was John Howard who installed Lowy as dictator in the first place

clearly this is a right wing conspiracy

Grimario
25-07-2018, 05:21 PM
De Silva plays more centrally though.

plague
25-07-2018, 11:20 PM
From ESPN:

The A-League salary cap could be abolished and transfer fees finally permitted between clubs as part of a new collective bargaining agreement due to come into effect next year.

Dramatic changes to the competition's "contractual architecture" will be on the table as part of a full review of the current CBA, which expires at the end of this coming season.

A working group featuring representatives from the A-League clubs, Football Federation Australia and Professional Footballers Australia has been formed to discuss all possibilities.

The A-League has had a salary cap since its inception but there is a growing view that it isn't fulfilling its intended purposes -- equalising the competition and ensuring clubs stay within their financial means.

Similarly, intra-league transfer fees have been prohibited since the A-League's inception.

The recent introduction of loan moves for players under the age of 23 -- which allowed Daniel De Silva to make his long-awaited shift from Central Coast to Sydney FC -- is seen as the first step towards a full-blown domestic transfer system like in most other countries, where clubs exchange fees to sign players on a permanent basis.

The Mariners were determined not to release De Silva to a rival for free, which many A-League clubs often end up doing when faced with a wantaway player under the current CBA.

"All those things will be on the table and decided in the next nine months so that the new CBA has had all those matters laid before it, reviewed and agreed or disagreed," A-League chief Greg O'Rourke told AAP.

PFA chief executive John Didulica said the players' union would push for the salary cap to be dismantled and for transfers between A-League clubs to be allowed, saying it was in the "best interests" of the competition and the sport in Australia.

Didulica believes it would help slow the high churn rate of players in the A-League and also encourage clubs to sign young talent on longer-term contracts.

"Our position will be that the salary cap does more harm to the game in this country than good," Didulica told AAP.

"What we're seeing is so many young players signed to short-term deals -- more than 50 percent of players under the age of 21 are signed for one year.

"We've just got to reassess the entire contracting architecture so that we can allow players to grow and develop, so clubs are incentivised to invest in players, and then allow clubs to build value in their rosters."

lets go.

next up, promotion/relegation.

get to it Middleby.

MFKS
25-07-2018, 11:29 PM
From ESPN:

lets go.

next up, promotion/relegation.

get to it Middleby.

Slow down son

Lets not get excited

These are the same cunce who have had NFI or any vision on running this game for the last 5 years

They have FIFA with an axe poised over them ready to chop them asnd they now coming up with big ideas

Sure they not trying to keep the wolves at bay with lip service ideas whilst clinging onto power any way they can??

Sure looks like Politics 101 to me

The Camel
26-07-2018, 01:48 PM
Slow down son

Lets not get excited

These are the same cunce who have had NFI or any vision on running this game for the last 5 years

They have FIFA with an axe poised over them ready to chop them asnd they now coming up with big ideas

Sure they not trying to keep the wolves at bay with lip service ideas whilst clinging onto power any way they can??

Sure looks like Politics 101 to me

Nah, this is all from the PFA as they'll be thinking their members can be even more overpaid if they scrap the cap.

MFKS
26-07-2018, 07:29 PM
Nah, this is all from the PFA as they'll be thinking their members can be even more overpaid if they scrap the cap.

PFA I dont think will believe the clubs have cash to burn that they are currently denied spending

If they are they are pretty stupid

The PFA though are in a rock and a hard place here

By weakening their individual demands they currently have which are strangling growth on the HAL they could theoretically easily increase the numbers of paid professionals in Oz as reduced wages would allow more clubs into the comp easily and would also help the prospects of more young players

But I backing the greedy ****ers are happy to keep the good wicket thge current HAL players are on at all costs before they look at anything like what they should be doing for all footballers in the country

The Camel
26-07-2018, 09:33 PM
PFA I dont think will believe the clubs have cash to burn that they are currently denied spending

If they are they are pretty stupid

The PFA though are in a rock and a hard place here

By weakening their individual demands they currently have which are strangling growth on the HAL they could theoretically easily increase the numbers of paid professionals in Oz as reduced wages would allow more clubs into the comp easily and would also help the prospects of more young players

But I backing the greedy ****ers are happy to keep the good wicket thge current HAL players are on at all costs before they look at anything like what they should be doing for all footballers in the country

The PFA are a cancer on Australian football and the FFA being weak as piss against them exacerbates it. The Socceroos were pretty much the highest paid team at the world cup. How the **** does a team that doesn't win a game get paid ridiculous sums?

Couscous
27-07-2018, 09:13 AM
Farque me, some of you are horrible people. Some professional footballers are paid effectively the minimum wage, an amount that makes even an office sh|t-kicker's salary look princely in comparison. Many excellent amateur footballers will never even consider playing full-time because to do so would mean losing $20k, $50k or more a year relative to their other job.

But the PFA is a cancer? Farque me. Actually, farque you and your support for an Indian-style labour market.

plague
27-07-2018, 10:16 AM
But the PFA is a cancer? Farque me. Actually, farque you and your support for an Indian-style labour market.

You support Chelsea.

Couscous
27-07-2018, 10:35 AM
No, I'm a Forest fan.

Frodo
27-07-2018, 11:58 AM
No, I'm a Forest fan.

Tree-hugger...

Oh wait, the football team. I get it.

Frodo
27-07-2018, 12:07 PM
PFA are a trainwreck but I don't think people want to get rid of the whole thing Gary/CousCous.

The PFA is needed to help out the little guys, but unfortunately they only care about the big guys. They care more about getting their mates in the socceroos camp paid as well as possible (read: more than they deserve) with little care for the guy killing the NPL who can't afford to pay a mortgage on the minimum football salary.

So yeah, screw the PFA in their current state.

plague
27-07-2018, 03:25 PM
No, I'm a Forest fan.

Oh wow I honestly just confused you with Stanny.

Please accept my apology ima go for a walk there's a few things I need to think about.

plague
27-07-2018, 03:28 PM
am sure the clubs can agree on a minimum wage for players (who knows, there may be industrial relations laws in this country that help).

Other than that what the hell you want from them?

So no, we wont miss the PFA at all.

StannyCFCJET
27-07-2018, 03:45 PM
Oh wow I honestly just confused you with Stanny.

Please accept my apology ima go for a walk there's a few things I need to think about.

I dont see what Chelsea has to do with the PFA you better take a long walk

Couscous
27-07-2018, 03:56 PM

The walk was short.

plague
27-07-2018, 04:56 PM
The walk was short.

Yo they are called 'mobile' phones for a reason innit?

Now, as for Chelsea/PFA.
Our boy Roman charged in with the attitude of "here is how I want to spend MY money on MY football club".

And it brought them success as well as helped increase the profile of the whole league*.

Last thing we needed back then was someone trying to tell Roman how to spend his money. Why do we not give A-League clubs the same motivation?

*I absolutely contend that Chelsea and Man U have done more to build the global appeal of the EPL than any other clubs (and prob more than every other club combined) in the last 20 years and im not wrong fight me.

StannyCFCJET
27-07-2018, 05:08 PM
*I absolutely contend that Chelsea and Man U have done more to build the global appeal of the EPL than any other clubs (and prob more than every other club combined) in the last 20 years and im not wrong fight me.

No your 100% correct maybe 5 or 10% to Arsenal

Couscous
27-07-2018, 05:22 PM
How many % to Man City (using the Plague methodology)?

plague
27-07-2018, 07:44 PM
How many % to Man City (using the Plague methodology)?

I'd say minimal.
By the time Citeh got good most of the untapped markets had been exposed.

MFKS
27-07-2018, 09:01 PM
Farque me, some of you are horrible people. Some professional footballers are paid effectively the minimum wage, an amount that makes even an office sh|t-kicker's salary look princely in comparison. Many excellent amateur footballers will never even consider playing full-time because to do so would mean losing $20k, $50k or more a year relative to their other job.

I got no issue with the blokes on 55k a year at the HAL clubs

Where I do draw the line is the ****ers on 6 figures

I not talking about your Dimis and Roys amd Vargas etc

But that we are forced to pay 3million plus out on players so it jacks up the prices for all so you have blokes who are essentially average players in this league on your 100k + wages Hoole Boogaard Hoffman Elrich etc

The PFA are also strangling growth of the competition to protect this status quo

By having this artificial minimum spend of 3 million potential clubs and owners are priced out of the league as the model is flawed

We couldhave expansion much quicker if newclubs arent obligated to pay shit **** players 6 figure deals

The other thing 2 with the PFA is they are basically strangling access into the HAL for the 18/19 year old kids

So much so that by 20 they are cut and left in no mans land as far as a professional career goes

How many Nabbouts out there who have not made it at a young age and then been cut to be left in the NPL/OS tinpot leagues and never given another opportunity as some **** thinks it necessary to give Daniel Mullen or Matt Simon or Raheem or Ben Kennedy or Fabio Ferreira another go at it??

PFA are a ****ing joke

They are not fighting for opportunity for pro footballers in Australia at all levels

They protecting the Socceroos and HAL players being over paid at the expense of our game

**** them and the horse they rode in on

Roundball Enthusiast
01-08-2018, 11:22 AM
Honda to Victory all but confirmed.

THIS is a great signing. Great Marquee. Globally renowned name in Football. Will bring a tonne of eyes from Japan and Asia to Australia and will engage with the Victorian Asian demographic.

Good work by Victory.

Couscous
01-08-2018, 11:37 AM
Fu¢k Victory.

MFKS
01-08-2018, 11:42 AM
Honda to Victory all but confirmed.

THIS is a great signing. Great Marquee. Globally renowned name in Football. Will bring a tonne of eyes from Japan and Asia to Australia and will engage with the Victorian Asian demographic.

Good work by Victory.

Why is he coming here??

It aint like he cant play any more

He played for the Japs in Russia FFS

Why is he coming to this football backwater of all places ??

The Dunster
01-08-2018, 11:49 AM

In other words according to the market they are better at their regular jobs than they are football. So relatively speaking they should not be professional footballers.

Comparative vs Absolute advantage.

Moreover, many office shit kickers in the private sector do not earn anywhere near $55k a year. A lot of them would struggle to earn $40k, and those that are part-time earn even less, then you have casuals on even less again but with no sick leave or paid annual leave entitlements.

The footballers do very well in comparison.

Can you imagine an office worker failing too perform in the role ? They'd be on a dole Que quicker than you can blink.

A professional footballer can be shit for the term of their contract and still receive full pay and entitlements for the duration of the contract.

When was the last time a footballer had to meet performance criteria on a weekly basis to keep their pay cheques coming in every week ?

I'm not for paying anyone less - but if you are concerned about people getting paid according to what they need rather than what they are offered then Capitalism probably isn't for you.

Roundball Enthusiast
01-08-2018, 11:57 AM
Why is he coming here??

It aint like he cant play any more

He played for the Japs in Russia FFS

Why is he coming to this football backwater of all places ??

Why do all players move? $$$$$$$$$$$

halo se7en
08-08-2018, 08:38 PM
Arzani to Celtic?

boz-monaut
08-08-2018, 09:26 PM
http://global.espn.com/football/soccer-transfers/story/3589108/manchester-city-to-sign-daniel-arzani-and-loan-him-to-celtic-sources

bought by Man City and loaned to Celtic - international media reporting it, not just the nupties at Fox

Mark325
12-08-2018, 03:44 PM
https://www.a-league.com.au/news/aleague-transfer-news-ins-outs-signings-done-deals-4

Looking at those lists who’s coming out best and worst in terms of off-season transfers to you guys? Sydney have to be the worst so far but a couple of teams are doing some decent recruitment going forward so hard to pick a best

Also, what are your thoughts on our off-season? I think we’re doing amazing by getting rid of all of the deadweight from last season and aiming to improve on that by signing better players going forward

Tommyjet
12-08-2018, 05:14 PM
https://www.a-league.com.au/news/aleague-transfer-news-ins-outs-signings-done-deals-4

Looking at those lists who’s coming out best and worst in terms of off-season transfers to you guys? Sydney have to be the worst so far but a couple of teams are doing some decent recruitment going forward so hard to pick a best

Also, what are your thoughts on our off-season? I think we’re doing amazing by getting rid of all of the deadweight from last season and aiming to improve on that by signing better players going forward

All depends on how we use the 2 foriegn spots left

Couscous
12-08-2018, 06:21 PM
Mariners are doing pretty well.

MFKS
12-08-2018, 09:04 PM
Just to show what a ****ing joke the HAL is Honda besides being Marquee man for VARtree and the poster boy of the comp etc

Has today accepted a role as Cambodian FAs General Manager

Absolute pissing myself laughing at this

Obviously feels the league here is that weak he can multi task

Bloke is now deadset taking the piss

StannyCFCJET
12-08-2018, 10:59 PM
Just to show what a ****ing joke the HAL is Honda besides being Marquee man for VARtree and the poster boy of the comp etc

Has today accepted a role as Cambodian FAs General Manager

Absolute pissing myself laughing at this

Obviously feels the league here is that weak he can multi task

Bloke is now deadset taking the piss

By Video Chat as well

Premy
12-08-2018, 11:26 PM

Where has Ryhs Williams gone?

StannyCFCJET
13-08-2018, 12:01 AM
Where has Ryhs Williams gone?

Middle east

Couscous
13-08-2018, 08:23 AM
Someone on Twitter said this was a breach of FIFA regs:

https://i.imgur.com/UvbNffe_d.jpg

Roundball Enthusiast
13-08-2018, 10:59 AM
Someone on Twitter said this was a breach of FIFA regs:

https://i.imgur.com/UvbNffe_d.jpg

Might need another image. Can't resize it to read it.

Frodo
13-08-2018, 11:33 AM

Adelaide has picked up some good players but lost an equal amount. So no idea how they will go.

Brisbane are picking up good scraps but didn't have much to work with before hand so no idea there either.

Mariners have replaces 3/4 of a rubbish squad with a bunch of no bodies and old timers. Spoon favourites for sure.

Citeh have lost Arzani and therefore any chance of winning the league. Unless they sign someone big I can see them finishing the same as last year.

Victory have lost their defence but Neidermeier is quality and the FBs they signed are good enough for the HAL. Berisha will be a huge loss for them and they will be weaker for it. They will go nowhere in ACL and be top 4 again in the HAL.

Jets have cut some dead weight but don't have a striker. If we don't sign two decent visa players I won't be confident of another GF appearance.

Perth have signed an entire back line and one of every other position as well. Have probably gone over the cap and will be kicked out of the finals again. Watching Santalab score against the wankerers will be great to see though.

Sydney FC must be waiting for the FFA to announce their new rules before announcing anyone. If they don't sign anyone else they will be caught very easily, if they sign another 20 goal a season striker then it will be their's to lose again.

Wellington have recruited decent players but have a numpty coach who will be sacked after about 10 weeks and are just trying not to get relegated in a one tier football comp.

Wanderers have signed the best players for mine. Baumjohann is a great signing, Zeigler is perfect for our level of football. Coach will have instant respect and could do well. Not sure where the assists will come from now that Lustica has been moved on.

So i'd say

Good window

Wanderers, Victory, Perth, Wellington.

Bad Window so far

Mariners, Sydney

Not much has changed

Jets, Adelaide, Brisbane, Citeh,

plague
13-08-2018, 11:54 AM
Jets need to use a marquee foreign spot on Lustica to really signal their intentions of winning the league.

Hopefully they can get him on loan from Barca/Citeh or wherever he ends up.

Mark325
13-08-2018, 12:10 PM
Good window

Bad Window so far

Mariners, Sydney

Not much has changed

I would agree with this pretty much, I think Brissy and Adelaide will probably stay in that camp with us and Citeh having the potential to go into more then likely the good window

MFKS
13-08-2018, 12:55 PM
Adelaide has picked up some good players but lost an equal amount. So no idea how they will go.

Brisbane are picking up good scraps but didn't have much to work with before hand so no idea there either.

Mariners have replaces 3/4 of a rubbish squad with a bunch of no bodies and old timers. Spoon favourites for sure.

Citeh have lost Arzani and therefore any chance of winning the league. Unless they sign someone big I can see them finishing the same as last year.

Victory have lost their defence but Neidermeier is quality and the FBs they signed are good enough for the HAL. Berisha will be a huge loss for them and they will be weaker for it. They will go nowhere in ACL and be top 4 again in the HAL.

Jets have cut some dead weight but don't have a striker. If we don't sign two decent visa players I won't be confident of another GF appearance.

Perth have signed an entire back line and one of every other position as well. Have probably gone over the cap and will be kicked out of the finals again. Watching Santalab score against the wankerers will be great to see though.

Sydney FC must be waiting for the FFA to announce their new rules before announcing anyone. If they don't sign anyone else they will be caught very easily, if they sign another 20 goal a season striker then it will be their's to lose again.

Wellington have recruited decent players but have a numpty coach who will be sacked after about 10 weeks and are just trying not to get relegated in a one tier football comp.

Wanderers have signed the best players for mine. Baumjohann is a great signing, Zeigler is perfect for our level of football. Coach will have instant respect and could do well. Not sure where the assists will come from now that Lustica has been moved on.

So i'd say

Good window

Bad Window so far

Mariners, Sydney

Not much has changed

Shouldnt the Gypos be in the not much has changed category??

Still they are the same broke arse peasants signing nobodies and never wasees they were last year

Frodo
13-08-2018, 01:02 PM
Jets need to use a marquee foreign spot on Lustica to really signal their intentions of winning the league.

Hopefully they can get him on loan from Barca/Citeh or wherever he ends up.

This is why you and I are the bestest of friends.

(FYI Signed for a mid table Croatian side already)

Couscous
13-08-2018, 03:01 PM
I'm sorry for posting an image for ants. Second attempt:

Someone on Twitter said the Honda gig was in breach of FIFA regulations:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DkZF0vYVAAA1Rq7.jpg:large

plague
13-08-2018, 03:19 PM
(FYI Signed for a mid table Croatian side already)

Obvs not mid table for long with the maestro pulling on a shirt for them.

MFKS
14-08-2018, 09:40 PM
Ben Halloran has returned to the HAL with the Pissants

BP Super Dynamos
18-08-2018, 03:39 PM
Adam Le Fondre from Bolton to Sydney FC. I was expecting someone a little more exciting.

PC14
20-08-2018, 10:03 AM
Daniel Garb reporting on reports Siem De Jong to Sydney FC on loan.

pv4
08-12-2018, 10:52 PM
Ola Toivonen is the best forward in the league. I just needed to write this somewhere.

MFKS
09-12-2018, 01:07 AM
Ola Toivonen is the best forward in the league. I just needed to write this somewhere.

Considering we dont have a forward then it really isnt that hard a task

belchardo
12-12-2018, 12:15 PM
so meeting is apparently this afternoon but no news expected until tomorrow

various reports saying they're going to make a decision, they're going to defer the decision and they're going to announce two "preferred bidders" with a final announcement in january.

belchardo
12-12-2018, 12:18 PM
here's the latest from the Canberra bid team

Dear belchardo,
After a long and rewarding journey, tomorrow we believe the Football Federation of Australia will sit down and decide the fates of the six remaining bids seeking to be a part of the A-League.

For our bid, there is a chance the FFA will announce that we will enter the A-League next season, there is a chance they will push expansion back until the following season, there is also a chance the FFA may announce two successful bids or they may decide on more. There is of-course a chance that the bid may not be successful at all.

No matter what the result, our message to the community is the same – thank you.

The one thing that has struck the bid team throughout this process is the amazing level of support from football supporters across the ACT and Southern NSW region.

We now have almost 8,000 Foundation Members – people who have signed up to show their support for having an A-League team based out of Canberra. Eight thousand people united behind a club representing a unique region steeped in football history, honouring the memory of Steve Doszpot.

But it’s more than that. When we called for volunteers more than 100 people came forward to help – they signed up members, they handed out flyers and attended events to promote the bid.

Businesses came forward offering support, some displayed posters in their window, some showed their support on social media, others provided services such as printing of promotional materials and consulting. We forged a partnership with the Australian Sports Foundation to further community programs, and received public and financial support from the ACT Government.

This is the reason that the Canberra and Capital Region Bid has come so far. When this process began there were 15 bids contesting two spots, and Canberra were by all measures huge underdogs. We were told in no uncertain terms by those in-the-know that the next two teams would come again from the large city markets of Melbourne and Sydney.

Yet here we sit on the eve of a decision, favourites now in many judges’ eyes, and that is because of you. We know for a fact that the FFA now see our bid as very attractive due to the enormous wave of support that football fans across the region have shown for this bid.

So thank you, thank you for making this bid too hard to ignore.

The good news is that for those who haven’t yet signed up as Foundation Members it’s not too late, in fact this is just the beginning. From the moment the FFA delivers the green light, we will change from a bid to a club. And the first order of business is for you, the Foundation Members, to choose the club’s name, colours and crest.

There will be a cost in activating your Foundation Membership, but we are mindful to make it affordable. The founding principal of the community-based club is inclusion, and we don’t want to exclude anyone through price.

This will secure your right to vote on the key decisions to come, and help write the next chapter of Australian football history.

There are a number of people who have been working hard behind the scenes to make this happen. Thank you to Aaron Walker, Adam Castle, Alberto Florez, Alex Belperio, Arshad Hafiz, Ben Hugosson, Boyan Taseski, Jeshua Hollis, Kasey Lam, Patrick Pentony, Russ Gibbs and Nick Titcume.

While you have already done enough, if you want to help there is still one last thing you can do. Share this email with anyone you think may want to sign up as a Foundation Member. Let’s get to 10,000 and send a big message to the A-League – we are on our way!

We look forward to sharing the next part of the journey with you.

Bede Gahan, Jeff Williamson and Michael Caggiano.

Couscous
12-12-2018, 07:21 PM
So I've been scanning Twitter today for news of the announcement. I have one question. Of those of you on Twitter, how many of you have blocked or muted South Melbourne Mike (@smfcmike)?

MFKS
12-12-2018, 09:01 PM
So I've been scanning Twitter today for news of the announcement. I have one question. Of those of you on Twitter, how many of you have blocked or muted South Melbourne Mike (@smfcmike)?

Why??

No need to block anyone on Twitter

The logic behind that is staggeringly stupid

Go to a platform where people are offering opinions as you are actually seeking them out by going on Twitter in the first place

Then decide to block them because you dont like what they said

WTF is that about??

Shows you are actually intolerant of others views

But on the flipside of this nothibg pleases me more than having thgese clowns block me

It is like a badge of honour getting blocked on Twitter by people who express a view and then blow up as you have an alternate view to them and they cant handle it

Couscous
13-12-2018, 01:59 AM
But Mike clogs up the A-League feed with an immense amount of posts about illuminati, the Lowys, Hellenic superiority and so on. I just want to skip* all that sh|t and read some news.

(*I am not a skip.)

Couscous
17-12-2018, 10:39 PM
Distressed to hear that the Melburnians active sort group is disbanding.

Jetmaster
18-12-2018, 08:30 AM
Distressed to hear that the Melburnians active sort group is disbanding.

That's OK - I'm sure there is a hyperventilating ground announcer who will take over the active support.

mic22
05-01-2019, 01:00 AM
Just found this about "metrics", interesting analysis:
https://www.theroar.com.au/2019/01/04/its-time-the-ffa-reconsidered-its-metrics/amp/

boz-monaut
06-01-2019, 01:58 PM
https://www.theroar.com.au/2019/01/04/its-time-the-ffa-reconsidered-its-metrics/amp/

good article - shit is spot on

plague
06-01-2019, 03:38 PM

ok, so here we go with the "change is bad" angle again.
typical butthurt 'superfan' who offers no real solutions, just the same whinge that those big bad suits at Foxtel and the FFA are ruining his game.
even though he probably follows an EPL team that went through these changes 30 years ago and seemed to work just fine.

no one is saying the execution has been perfect. but to grab 2 word phrases with no context and just start crying about them is just some sad shit.
if he laid out the exact comments about the "blatchys blues" idea, or the "Big Bash" style approach id be interested. Instead the dude just seemed so keen to hit the outrage button he forgot to even tell anyone what he was crying about.

im fine with people throwing ideas out in the wind, its how things get achieved. but football just seems to be the one place where if you dare step on someones rusted on beliefs, then you are immediately labelled a heretic and put in the stocks.

these article remind me of the same stodgy old white dudes railing about never changing baseballs traditions and structure.
now go look at the trajectory of american sports, the path that baseball is on is completely different to pretty much every other major code (inc the MLS).

the world has taught us to adapt or die. seems theres plenty of folks out there who would prefer no football unless its 'their football'.

Jeterpool
30-04-2019, 02:03 PM
Roar have let 14 players go.

Would have been quicker to announce who was staying

Frodo
30-04-2019, 02:07 PM

Let the recycling commence.

Bon
30-04-2019, 02:08 PM
Whoops.. Was just commenting about this in the Squad thread..

plague
30-04-2019, 02:50 PM

The only good thing about this is if they had fired Matt McKay before he could offcially retire because **** Matt McKay.

furns
31-05-2019, 05:31 PM
That time of year again :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hUSiV4NI2c

05-06-2019, 03:34 PM
Without searching the FFA's financial reports does anybody know if and how much the FFA receive from every membership sold by A League clubs ?

Jetmaster
08-06-2019, 10:16 AM
Only found out last night that Smurfs had pinched Kosta B.
Victory under the pump and will have to do some smart business to keep in the hunt.

Retro Jet
09-06-2019, 12:46 AM
That time of year again :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hUSiV4NI2c

Thanks Furns for posting.
Honda's 'lost in translation' moment the pick of them for me.
Chirst...that vid really shows how honkin' a keeper Jan-Get-a-boetch really is.
Show's how much of a joke our league is tbh when you see it all cued up like that.
Cringeworthy a lot of it.

Couscous
09-06-2019, 09:50 AM
Rubbish. One could make a terrible bloopers reel of almost every league in the world.

Jeterpool
09-06-2019, 06:11 PM
Rubbish. One could make a terrible bloopers reel of almost every league in the world.

They probably do.

Aegon
11-06-2019, 09:42 AM
ok, so here we go with the "change is bad" angle again.
typical butthurt 'superfan' who offers no real solutions, just the same whinge that those big bad suits at Foxtel and the FFA are ruining his game.
even though he probably follows an EPL team that went through these changes 30 years ago and seemed to work just fine.

no one is saying the execution has been perfect. but to grab 2 word phrases with no context and just start crying about them is just some sad shit.
if he laid out the exact comments about the "blatchys blues" idea, or the "Big Bash" style approach id be interested. Instead the dude just seemed so keen to hit the outrage button he forgot to even tell anyone what he was crying about.

im fine with people throwing ideas out in the wind, its how things get achieved. but football just seems to be the one place where if you dare step on someones rusted on beliefs, then you are immediately labelled a heretic and put in the stocks.

these article remind me of the same stodgy old white dudes railing about never changing baseballs traditions and structure.
now go look at the trajectory of american sports, the path that baseball is on is completely different to pretty much every other major code (inc the MLS).

the world has taught us to adapt or die. seems theres plenty of folks out there who would prefer no football unless its 'their football'.

I equate baseball with cricket both great to attend and watch in person but as a TV spectacle it's as bad as hitting your nuts with a hammer.

Grimario
18-06-2019, 03:28 PM
Roy has apparently signed multi year deal with Roar.

Jetmaster
18-06-2019, 05:06 PM
Roy has apparently signed multi year deal with Roar.

Looking forward to seeing him tear us a new one.

18-06-2019, 05:41 PM
Looking forward to seeing him tear us a new one.

With our Aldi budget approach he will not be the only one.

pv4
31-10-2019, 01:29 PM
JayFC is back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qm5tg7cu7ic&fbclid=IwAR3hhXCSWvNKtiT6lPrKXzbW7wkO2T2UYN0tC-i0DDjN90oO2XsajjZgmM0

Jeterpool
01-09-2020, 01:29 PM
Post-Season Departures have started

Victory
The club has informed Kenny Athiu, Ben Carrigan, Josh Hope and Giancarlo Gallifuoco they will not be offered contracts.

CCM
The following players will now finish with the Mariners upon expiration of their contracts, and the Club would like to thank them for their contributions throughout their time with the Central Coast Mariners.

Michael McGlinchey, Milan Djuric, Tommy Oar, Jacob Melling, Jair Eduardo Britto da Silva

Perth
As a result of those changes, the players listed below have parted company with the club following the expiration of their contracts:

Joel Chianese, Dino Djulbic, Ivan Franjic, Vince Lia and Tando Velaphi.

Retro Jet
01-09-2020, 05:35 PM
Post-Season Departures have started

Victory
The club has informed Kenny Athiu, Ben Carrigan, Josh Hope and Giancarlo Gallifuoco they will not be offered contracts.

CCM
The following players will now finish with the Mariners upon expiration of their contracts, and the Club would like to thank them for their contributions throughout their time with the Central Coast Mariners.

Michael McGlinchey, Milan Djuric, Tommy Oar, Jacob Melling, Jair Eduardo Britto da Silva

Perth
As a result of those changes, the players listed below have parted company with the club following the expiration of their contracts:

Joel Chianese, Dino Djulbic, Ivan Franjic, Vince Lia and Tando Velaphi.

Surprised the Tards n sCCuM haven't listed their entire squads tbh...