PDA

View Full Version : General A-League Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

pv4
28-06-2012, 08:16 AM
a thread to talk all other a-league teams and just generally the league.

sydney fc have included free public transport in their memberships:

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/244217,free-public-transport-to-sydney-fc-games.aspx

Free Public Transport To Sydney FC Games

SYDNEY FC today offered its fans free public transport to matches at Allianz Stadium in a bid to fend off competition from new rivals Western Sydney Wanderers.

“Sydney FC has members and fans all over Sydney and we will not be deserting them,” said Sydney FC CEO Tony Pignata.

“Sydney FC has worked hard over the last eight years to form relationships with members, fans, football clubs and associations all over Sydney and we will be loyal to those people in the face of what is an exciting rivalry with Western Sydney.”

Public transport will now be included in membership for next season, after a deal with Transport for NSW will allow Sydney FC fans to use rail, bus and ferries to get to the stadium on matchday.

Sydney FC becomes the first sports team across any code in Sydney to offer the integrated ticket offer for all home games.

Members and ticket holders will be entitled to travel on all CityRail services, the Special Event shuttle buses between Central and Moore Park, all regular Sydney Buses (STA) services, Liverpool to Parramatta Tway buses and Sydney Ferries at no additional cost.

The integrated ticketing deal will also include fans who pre-purchase matchday tickets to Sydney FC’s games at Allianz Stadium, which will include the derby with the Western Sydney Wanderers on December 15 and two clashes with arch rivals Melbourne Victory.

Members and fans will be able to travel free from Newcastle, Goulburn, Wollongong and Lithgow, helping Sydney FC fans based all over the Greater Sydney region.

Free buses will also run between Central Station and Allianz Stadium from two hours before kick off through to an hour after each home game.

“We received a lot of feedback from Members and fans regarding the transport to and from Allianz Stadium and we’re happy to announce that all members and ticket holders will travel free to Sydney FC games on public transport,” Pignata said.

“A lot of our members and fans come from areas that have a convenient public transport system to be able to get to Allianz Stadium and they can now enjoy that system free of charge.

“Sydney FC also acknowledges the financial burden travelling to and from any sporting event can have on families and this should help lighten that burden.”

GazFish35
28-06-2012, 08:34 AM
Sydney FC becomes the first sports team across any code in Sydney to offer the integrated ticket offer for all home games.

Could swear swans have been doing this.

Members and fans will be able to travel free from Newcastle, Goulburn, Wollongong and Lithgow, helping Sydney FC fans based all over the Greater Sydney region.

Would help ensure decent traveling numbers.... No more excuses!

pv4
28-06-2012, 08:41 AM
please tell me we're not considered apart of the greater sydney region.

the fact that they've brought up the "greater sydney region" means their home crowds are even more pitiful.

boz-monaut
28-06-2012, 08:51 AM
http://www.cityrail.info/service_updates/trackwork/trackwork_calendar.pdf

buses replace trains on the weekend we're playing Sydney between Morriset and Newcastle

everyone go to http://www.cityrail.info/contact_us/feedback and complain about this trackwork

Blackmac79
28-06-2012, 09:03 AM
that sucks for those coming down. complaint sent.

pignata is going to make so many good changes to sydney. he was a great ceo choice for them. this is just the start. i love tearing into fc's crowd troubles as much as anyone else but i would love for them to be averaging 20,000 a game. it would be good for the league. wanderers are going to smash sydney crowds i think. just listening to people as i go about my work/travel/general life talk about the wanderers, there is just so much excitement. and i am a bloody nurse so most of the people i interact with are female and there is excitement from them. fc will struggle without changing the way they currently play the game. crook needs to pull a rabbit out of a hat with on field performances, they need to hit the ground running.

Grimario
28-06-2012, 09:20 AM
that sucks for those coming down. complaint sent.

pignata is going to make so many good changes to sydney. he was a great ceo choice for them. this is just the start. i love tearing into fc's crowd troubles as much as anyone else but i would love for them to be averaging 20,000 a game. it would be good for the league. wanderers are going to smash sydney crowds i think. just listening to people as i go about my work/travel/general life talk about the wanderers, there is just so much excitement. and i am a bloody nurse so most of the people i interact with are female and there is excitement from them. fc will struggle without changing the way they currently play the game. crook needs to pull a rabbit out of a hat with on field performances, they need to hit the ground running.

lulz, murse.

WSW have a buzz about them, something that Heart failed to do.

pv4
28-06-2012, 09:22 AM
as militaboi pointed out though, heart didn't exactly have the chance to buzz as MV were the talk of the town for 2 seasons leading up to the hearts inception. WS have the best time to come in - sydney have been shit, have gotten shit crowds, and look shit for next year.

furns
28-06-2012, 10:02 AM
Could swear swans have been doing this.Only the games they play at ANZ.

Would help ensure decent traveling numbers.... No more excuses!Wonder what their excuses will be when it has a minimal impact. They might finally realise that a winning team brings in the crowds ffs

pv4
28-06-2012, 10:08 AM
pignata wants the first derby to be at allianz (taking home-advantage away from WS) but giving WS the gate-takings, just so they can attempt to pack out a 40k stadium as opposed to 21k parra stadium

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1111320/Pignata-issues-Wanderers-challenge

GazFish35
28-06-2012, 11:04 AM
Only the games they play at ANZ.

They definitely used to do it at SCG. I can remember getting a 'swanslink' ticket

furns
28-06-2012, 02:18 PM
pignata wants the first derby to be at allianz (taking home-advantage away from WS) but giving WS the gate-takings, just so they can attempt to pack out a 40k stadium as opposed to 21k parra stadium

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1111320/Pignata-issues-Wanderers-challengehe trolls the westies lol
betcha Gorman falls for it

q-money
28-06-2012, 02:43 PM
wasn't the whole point behind western sydney that the stereotypical "football's heartland" bloke won't travel to the sfs for a game?

GazFish35
28-06-2012, 02:48 PM
betcha Gorman falls for it

I don't reckon he will.

OmeletteDuFromage
28-06-2012, 04:45 PM
Bresciano apparently training with the Heart.

https://p.twimg.com/Awcz7BRCAAEQEqe.jpg:large

hawk
28-06-2012, 06:44 PM
wasn't the whole point behind western sydney that the stereotypical "football's heartland" bloke won't travel to the sfs for a game?

Soon there'll be enough clubs for each ethnicity. White eagles w00t

militiamon
28-06-2012, 09:38 PM
Doesn't Bresciano have a multi-year deal with that UAE club still?

pv4
05-07-2012, 09:42 AM
glory were offered 450k for smeltz from newy york redbulls & sage turned it down. good move imo. without smeltz, perth won't score goals.

Jetmaster
05-07-2012, 10:31 AM
Didn't the advisory board say Smeltz "wasn't worth $400,000" ?

pv4
05-07-2012, 10:34 AM
the advisory board apparently have said, and say, a lot of things. unless you've heard it direct from them, i wouldn't get too worked up about them anymore.

q-money
05-07-2012, 10:49 AM
and now the advisory board has been sacked

the circle of life continues

simba

pv4
05-07-2012, 10:56 AM
sydney have signed some 32 year old croat striker named krunoslav lovrek.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krunoslav_Lovrek

used to play for split. replacement for mark bridge for them - hopefully for everyone else in the league he's about as effective as glass-ankles!

Muswellbrookian
05-07-2012, 11:01 AM
Will be shit - after scoring his first goal against us in Round 2.

Marcus
05-07-2012, 11:25 AM
He'll change the world. :rolleyes:

pv4
06-07-2012, 09:30 AM
mark milligan reportedly going to full-time sign with victory. they are putting together a pretty decent squad.

Jetmaster
06-07-2012, 12:19 PM
mark milligan reportedly going to full-time sign with victory. they are putting together a pretty decent squad.

Yeah - but we said the same last season !

Grimario
06-07-2012, 12:21 PM

Did we? I thought AU had one of the more impressive squads last season... I thought MV had too many attackers, shit midfield and defenders.

pv4
06-07-2012, 12:22 PM

this season they have a coach

Jeterpool
06-07-2012, 12:27 PM
Did we? I thought AU had one of the more impressive squads last season... I thought MV had too many attackers, shit midfield and defenders.

Yep that's how I remember it.

Have they replaced Brebner ir improved the central midfield? I can't recall who they have left - Broxham, young kid whose name escapes me, Flores (i guess)...

MFKS
06-07-2012, 12:35 PM

Have they replaced Brebner ir improved the central midfield? I can't recall who they have left - Broxham, young kid whose name escapes me, Flores (i guess)...

James Jego is that who you are thinking of??

Grimario
06-07-2012, 12:36 PM

Brebner plays for the Moreland zebras now, apparently.

Broxham, Guilherme, Bru, Flores, Jeggo brothers, Dileveski (might play at back?), Celeski?

pv4
06-07-2012, 12:44 PM
in the midfield, Melbourne Victory FC have signed flores (cam), jonathon bru (cdm) guilherme finkler (cam) & spase dilevski (he's a bit of a utility, probably would be more suited to wideback). they've still got broxham, jeggo (is that who you were thinking of?), celeski & cernak.

EDIT: soz, missed the above posts.

Grimario
06-07-2012, 01:52 PM
cernak.

EDIT: soz, missed the above posts.

You included Cernak though who I missed.

I hope Ange uses their youth a bit more... the other Jeggo brother is meant to be a brilliant prospect compared to his older brother.

pv4
06-07-2012, 01:58 PM
i can't help but think of crabman from my name is earl when i think of cernak.

http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii553/pv4zanewy/crabmancernak.png

Jeterpool
06-07-2012, 02:28 PM
Yeah Jeggo was it. Thanks guys.

They have more depth than I thought. Time to get those salary cap auditors in!

pv4
06-07-2012, 02:54 PM
gypos signed sterjovski - i have no idea what form of payment he'll be receiving each week.

russjaybee
06-07-2012, 02:54 PM
Cernak
http://www.thebradproject.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/antoine-dodson-cover1-258x300.png

pv4
06-07-2012, 02:57 PM
Cernak
http://www.thebradproject.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/antoine-dodson-cover1-258x300.png

:lulz: nice one

Jeterpool
06-07-2012, 03:04 PM
gypos signed sterjovski - i have no idea what form of payment he'll be receiving each week.

IOUs

GazFish35
06-07-2012, 04:22 PM

Sunshine and access to fresh food.
Something he wasn't getting in China

Pico
06-07-2012, 05:05 PM
Sunshine and access to fresh food.
Something he wasn't getting in China
nice try, like gypos eat fresh food

http://blogs.reuters.com/photographers-blog//files/2012/05/cr_mega_210_April4.PlanetOrganic6430.jpg

westjet
06-07-2012, 05:49 PM
According to the world game mariners denying they have signed sterjovski

GazFish35
06-07-2012, 06:29 PM
It's on Wikipedia though!

Grimario
06-07-2012, 06:32 PM
Ray Gatt from The Australian has "confirmed" it on twitter, will be finalised on Monday.

MFKS
07-07-2012, 03:07 PM
Yeah Jeggo was it. Thanks guys.

They have more depth than I thought. Time to get those salary cap auditors in!

Just remember though that they have had a massive clean out of personnel and that other than Smurfs FC they are probably the only club in a position to take advantage fully of the HAL Marquee spots. Matter of fact they are probably the only club able to take advantage of marquee spots on financial turnover alone. Any other club has to rely on their benefactor to splash the cash

pv4
24-07-2012, 08:57 AM
liam rocket reddy lands himself a 200k per season gig with some iran team who plays acl. apparently going to a place that alcohol is not allowed seemed like the ultimate way for him to sober up.

reddy's a legend clap clap clap clap clap

BodyNovo
24-07-2012, 09:00 AM
liam rocket reddy lands himself a 200k per season gig with some iran team who plays acl. apparently going to a place that alcohol is not allowed seemed like the ultimate way for him to sober up.

reddy's a legend clap clap clap clap clap

never recovered from the abuse at Cessnock.

pv4
24-07-2012, 09:31 AM
apparently carlos hernandez's contract with his indian team has been ripped up.

plague
24-07-2012, 10:22 AM

tinks!!!!!!!!!

Marcus
24-07-2012, 10:33 AM

lolz

MFKS
24-07-2012, 10:44 AM

One of two things has happened here

1 Carlos has cracked it went he couldn't find a KFC in down town Calcutta

2 The club have ****ed him off when they realise they have a fat lazy bastard on their hands whose energy is waning coz he can't get a decent feed in Calcutta

Marcus
24-07-2012, 10:47 AM
Number 2 covers both really.

Hamma12
24-07-2012, 11:32 AM
Carlos has cracked it went he couldn't find a KFC in down town Calcutta

:lol:

jaecael
24-07-2012, 04:54 PM
Some directions for Carlos (http://maps.google.com.au/maps?saddr=Bidhan+Nagar+salt+lake+stadium&daddr=KFC,+EP+Block,+Salt+Lake+City,+Kolkata,+West +Bengal,+India&hl=en&ll=22.565631,88.419256&spn=0.019617,0.033474&sll=22.5716,88.41867&sspn=0.019616,0.033474&geocode=FXdgWAEd0gNFBSF8KjAWNYaWJikPofk00nUCOjF8Kj AWNYaWJg%3BFblqWAEdCmNFBSE8i5bzC_2thyn_jfiLrnUCOjE 8i5bzC_2thw&oq=kfc&mra=prev&t=m&z=15)

BodyNovo
25-07-2012, 07:47 AM
apparently the puzz will be playing for Western Sydney tonight.

good luck to him.

Blackmac79
25-07-2012, 04:51 PM
Think it is his brother David... not adam?

Thomas477
25-07-2012, 05:17 PM
Think it is his brother David... not adam?

Nah, SMH sez it's Adam, who has finally resurfaced.

GazFish35
25-07-2012, 05:35 PM
Sanchez has been quiet.
Now we know why.

vikingjet
07-08-2012, 12:54 PM
Little heads up - Jimmy Jeggo to be best young player in the HAL this season. Socceroo call-up within 12 months.

Big opinion of him from man in charge.

Love making predictions for season ahead.

Hamma12
07-08-2012, 12:55 PM
Little heads up - Jimmy Jeggo to be best young player in the HAL this season. Socceroo call-up within 12 months.

Does ACL in the derby 1st up
Misses entire season
Love making pre season predictions

pv4
07-08-2012, 12:58 PM

anyone in the league to rival berisha's goalscoring antics, vj?

Grimario
07-08-2012, 01:03 PM

Luc will be better.

GazFish35
07-08-2012, 01:05 PM

http://www.newcastlefootball.net/forum/showthread.php?137-TheJetstream-12-13-PREDICTION-LEAGUE

pv4
11-08-2012, 10:16 AM
the pissants are putting together what seems like an absolutely amazing squad on paper. recently signed a former chelsea prodigy & two argentinians with the tagline of "hopefully the next flores".

gk galekovic
gk izzo

df boogard
df mckain
df cassio
df golec
df fyfe
df bowles

mf malik
mf caravella
mf carrusca (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcelo_Carrusca)
mf vidosic
mf barker-daish
mf/df watson
mf melling
mf ferreira (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F%C3%A1bio_Ferreira_(Portuguese_footballer)
mf ramsay
mf barbiero

fw van dijk
fw djite
fw kamara
fw morales (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jer%C3%B3nimo_Morales_Neumann)
fw kostopoulos

plague
11-08-2012, 10:44 AM
the pissants are putting together what seems like an absolutely amazing squad on paper.

df boogard
df mckain
df cassio
df golec
df fyfe
df bowles

as good as those new blokes sound, their defense looks weak. Let's hope they are this years version of the Tards.
Plus their coaching situation is always a larf. Guaranteed to implode at some stage this year.

pv4
11-08-2012, 04:22 PM
bowles--mckain/boogs--fyfes beard--cassio is not too bad of a backline to me. if mckain doesn't have a self implosion he's a terrific centre back, and boogs is great cover. fyfe (inc beard) is as solid as any cb in the league. cassio is unreal - would have been in the socceroos if he was Australian.

*FREE
11-08-2012, 05:40 PM
So it's basically the same squad as last season + 3 new Argentine & Portuguese imports?

Their success will depend on how good these players are, if they are shit then Adelaide will be shit again imo.

pv4
16-08-2012, 08:55 AM
melbourne heart are signing richard garcia

BodyNovo
16-08-2012, 08:59 AM
i still remember the world cup game v germany and how i felt when i found garcia was starting. Probably more verbeeks fault but still....a poor mans cahill is what he reminds me of. hard worker, with no real technical ability.

furns
16-08-2012, 10:32 AM
will do well in the HAL then

q-money
16-08-2012, 10:36 AM
good engines, can nae believe gve didn't sign him

his latino wet dream

the jimmy smits of the a-league

zorse
17-08-2012, 10:28 AM
Do we know anything about whether FFA or clubs are imposing any conditions on bringing banners/flags into the game? I read somewhere that last season, banners/flags had to be pre-approved to be brought in. Not sure how much this was enforced
Also is there a Tifo thread for discussing banner/flag/standard ideas/designs/methods? Like we used to have

militiamon
17-08-2012, 05:02 PM
furns will confirm, but I believe the club changed that rule late in the season. Unfortunately they didn't tell anyone about it.

Jeterpool
23-08-2012, 12:42 PM
Richard Garcia confirmed signing at Heart.

furns
23-08-2012, 01:07 PM
He's Holman - without any discernable talent.

Will be Johnny Warren medallist this season.

coastiehater
27-08-2012, 12:29 PM
By Aidan Ormond: Follow him on Twitter @AidoThe442Ed
Aug 27 2012 11:07
Get more on: sydney | fc | barcelona | real | madrid | la | liga | epl | a-league
EITHER Barcelona, Real Madrid or a powerhouse EPL club could play against Sydney FC at ANZ Stadium in what would be a huge pre-season friendly for local fans in 2013.
au.fourfourtwo.com understands that two local promoters have proposals for the tour match to be played in Sydney - most likely in July.

The clubs being talked about include either Barca, Real Madrid or an unnamed EPL club with a big fan-base in Australia.

Negotiations are continuing and if the one-off game comes off, should prove a massive boost to the local game.

Barcelona in particular would be a huge drawcard given their brand of football and the fact they have arguably the world’s best player in Leo Messi.

Other drawcards Iniesta, Xavi, Villa and Fabregas would make such a game one of the greatest ever tour matches in Australia.

And for Real Madrid – who have made the US their off-season base in recent years – the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo would be just as big a drawcard as Messi. Other stars for the Whites include Alonso, Casillas, Ozil and Higuain.

In other news, Sydney FC are thought to be close to signing Indigenous teenage defender Keifer Dotti to a senior deal.

The powerfully built Rockdale Suns starlet has featured in recent Sydney FC trial games. The 18-year-old was identified last season by then youth team coach Ian Crook as an NYL player for the Sky Blues

pv4
27-08-2012, 05:35 PM
nick carle has been let go for a year to the uae. returning the season afterwards.

parksey
27-08-2012, 06:05 PM
lol

Thomas477
27-08-2012, 06:19 PM
Which apparantly means they have a marquee spot available.

This is in the same comp where we couldn't sign a replacement marquee when Griffo was loaned to Beijing.

Seems stupid unless they have Culina all but locked it. Carle had been playing in a deeper role recently.

pv4
27-08-2012, 06:28 PM
sydney fans are chatting up the prospect of culina being under the cap. i can't see him playing for that low coin - regardless of how broken he is.

sydney for the spoon for sure. gav to post up his predictions league link for sure. deans out for sure.

Thomas477
27-08-2012, 06:38 PM
sydney fans are chatting up the prospect of culina being under the cap. i can't see him playing for that low coin - regardless of how broken he is.

In terms of ****ing up a season, this is on par with us sacking Culina the day of the season launch, us losing con halfway through, or generally any of our crisises over the years.

As for Culina, I can see why he would be a fit, Carle had been playing deeper recently, in the sort of role you would expect from Culina.

Either way, lulz :lulz:

militiamon
27-08-2012, 09:59 PM
Boy oh boy, Sydney have the shittest squad right now, quite embarrassing. It's been downhill for their squad since 09/10, and even that is a shadow of the squad they had back in the 06/07 days. The current team is almost Mariners-esque if it weren't for the fact that they don't hate foreigners.

snake
28-08-2012, 10:01 AM
they will sign griffo :'(

Pico
28-08-2012, 11:08 AM
they will sign griffo :'(

oh shit not again.....

pv4
30-08-2012, 10:23 AM
sydney offering del piero $2million.

apparently we offered likewise for kewell last season.

wonder if we're going to consider del piero aswell. would certainly bring the average age up a tiny bit from 20.

Jetmaster
30-08-2012, 10:38 AM
Don't think Tinks can spare $2 million atm...

zorse
30-08-2012, 01:15 PM
They've opened up voting for a new song to be played when the teams come onto the field:
http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/news-display/pick-your-hyundai-a-league-soundtrack/48775
The options are very limited!

All of the Lights, Kanye West

Earthquake, Labrinth, feat. Tinie Tempah

Hysteria, Muse

Let's Go, Calvin Harris

Bon
30-08-2012, 01:18 PM
They've opened up voting for a new song to be played when the teams come onto the field:
http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/news-display/pick-your-hyundai-a-league-soundtrack/48775

Hysteria, Muse

Let's Go, Calvin Harris

There is only one "song" on that list, and it is Hysteria by Muse..
I don't know how it would go before a match, but I'm certain it would be better than any of that other rubbish nominated..

pv4
30-08-2012, 01:24 PM
obvious ntua-blowups aside - it's hard to go past the voice of a generation in kanye.

earthquake isn't too bad a choice either.

not a huge fan of the other two for a gee-up song prematch.

but yeah, ntua or gtfo etc

Bon
30-08-2012, 01:28 PM
I'm guessing this is a vote to replace whatever that other song is (did I read someone say it was Nero in a previous post?) that is being played when they do the voice overs?

but yeah, ntua or gtfo etc

This. You are right mate, NTUA has to stay..

zorse
30-08-2012, 01:30 PM
Maybe we should just vote for whichever one is the easiest to sing NTUA over the top of.

parksey
30-08-2012, 01:35 PM
all of the lights would actually go ok with that intro.

boz-monaut
30-08-2012, 01:36 PM
something they can put the stupidly loud sound of jets aircraft going past into and deafen everyone in the first few rows

Jetmaster
30-08-2012, 01:38 PM
Geez - I don't know any of them ??!!

At least I know NTUA....

parksey
30-08-2012, 01:41 PM
seriously though who picks this stuff

hauss
30-08-2012, 02:19 PM
obvious ntua-blowups aside - it's hard to go past the voice of a generation in kanye.

Isn't that the thing though, football is a multi-generational experience. We want the A-League to be so entrenched that parents bring their sons & daughters and grandfathers bring their grandsons.

I've got no problem with the FFA marketing to youth via commercials to get them through the door or playing this type of music at the ground in the hour or so leading up to the match, but the once the players walk on the field, it is impinging the hallowed experience of the match and on football memories. It is trying to alter the match day experience of a supporter.

Why should Kanye be injected into our memories?

This shit has to stop.

Grimario
30-08-2012, 02:41 PM
There is only one "song" on that list, and it is Hysteria by Muse..
I don't know how it would go before a match, but I'm certain it would be better than any of that other rubbish nominated..

There isn't a single song in that list that I know and I have only heard of 2 of the artists.

I feel old.

Jeterpool
30-08-2012, 03:19 PM
There isn't a single song in that list that I know and I have only heard of 2 of the artists.

I feel old.

Me too...not heard any of those songs. What happened to building a tradition?

boz-monaut
30-08-2012, 03:53 PM
tradition doesn't test well with research focus groups

they're trying to grow the football brand and expand into new markets

I'd attribute the product failure to fundamental shifts in our key demographic, coupled with the overall crumminess of Poochie

au revoir
30-08-2012, 04:02 PM
tradition doesn't test well with research focus groups

they're trying to grow the football brand and expand into new markets

I'd attribute the product failure to fundamental shifts in our key demographic, coupled with the overall crumminess of Poochie

the FFA is being proactive and creating an outrageous paradigm.

militiamon
31-08-2012, 12:00 AM

Hysteria, Muse

Let's Go, Calvin Harris

****, not another season of this shit.

boz-monaut
31-08-2012, 07:47 PM
ok, I'll admit I'm surprised by this

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/sydney-fc-wins-race-to-sign-alessandro-del-piero/story-e6frg7mf-1226462722296

good for the game, though I still hate Sydney

Jeterpool
31-08-2012, 07:51 PM
Great for the league. Easily the biggest name ever to play on the league.

belchardo
31-08-2012, 08:31 PM
great news. will make beating them even sweeter.

amazing what a bit of competition can do.

au revoir
31-08-2012, 08:32 PM
phwoar

parksey
31-08-2012, 08:34 PM
we need to retaliate by bringing sheva out of retirement

boz-monaut
31-08-2012, 08:45 PM
not confirmed yet - lets give this a few more hours to see

militiamon
31-08-2012, 09:37 PM
Boy oh boy, Sydney have the shittest squad right now, quite embarrassing. It's been downhill for their squad since 09/10, and even that is a shadow of the squad they had back in the 06/07 days. The current team is almost Mariners-esque if it weren't for the fact that they don't hate foreigners.

gg Syd

furns
31-08-2012, 09:47 PM
not confirmed yet - lets give this a few more hours to seeWont be confirmed till after the weekend, they are flying out to Italy tomorrow to get paperwork signed.

GazFish35
31-08-2012, 10:01 PM
Hope it happens.

Thomas477
31-08-2012, 11:17 PM
Assuming it does, he'll go great until Tarago, Jobe or Zadkid do one of their specials and injure him in the first game we play against them.

Still would love to know why they can sign another marquee when we couldn't when Joel left on loan.

Actually, on that, sign, Griff FFS.

Retro Jet
31-08-2012, 11:56 PM
I reckon this is a knee jerk reaction to Wanders enrty.
Good signing, despite being part of the 2006 cheat brigade.
In any case, I hope it bolsters the TV deal somewhat, even it if does turn out to be a 1 season signing.

pv4
01-09-2012, 07:14 AM
Still would love to know why they can sign another marquee when we couldn't when Joel left on loan.

pretty sure melbourne loaned out their brazilian marquee (ricardinho?) and replaced him back in the day.

Jetmaster
01-09-2012, 09:23 AM
Hope Muscat is lured out of retirement !

halo se7en
01-09-2012, 10:45 AM
Great publicity for the start of the season, but I can't see him steering Sydney towards a title or even finals. The guy is almost 38, the rest of the squad really isn't that good and some sort of injury is pretty much guaranteed.

MFKS
01-09-2012, 07:01 PM
Assuming it does, he'll go great until Tarago, Jobe or Zadkid do one of their specials and injure him in the first game we play against them.

Actually, on that, sign, Griff FFS.

First thing I thought of when I heard the news was I seriously hope Zadko or Tarago confirm Newy status by going through him Muscat style. and sending him into retirement in Rd 2!!!

Seriously I am gonna go against the grain here. Why the **** do HAL clubs sign these over the hill past it hacks??
2 Million in wages for a couple of over inflated crowds of fair weather supporters turning up to see the hoopla before turning their back on the HAL?? Two million would be better spent on INFRASTRUCTURE of the club, youth development, connecting with their fan base thru promotion. No Sydney like Victree just like wasting exorbitant sums of money each year on washed up over the hill hasbeens.

Be interesting to see what standard of player you would get for wages of 2 million a season if Sydney actually shopped in the 25-30 year old category rather than the 35 years old plus. I would believe the 25-30 year old would present better on field success than a 37 year old who may offer some initial PR spike. That would be the equivalent of signing someone playing in English Football on 20k a week and I am sure you may not get Premier League star but a more than competent Championship Level Striker who would go pretty good at this level.

Anyway Del Piero is a hack. Pushed Robby Baggio out at Juve to make way for him and never really lived up to the hype in my eyes. Baggio >>> Daylight >> Del Piero

terry
01-09-2012, 07:57 PM
Wont be confirmed till after the weekend, they are flying out to Italy tomorrow to get paperwork signed.
If he's in shiteblue then the knee is a good target to start with, fk him.

militiamon
01-09-2012, 10:46 PM
Pfftt, Del Piero will walk this league if he signs, just like Juninho did. The question is whether Sydney will make the best use of him, he needs at least one or two technically gifted players to work with, not Brett Emerton.

Hamma12
05-09-2012, 07:57 PM
Del Piero confirmed with SFC...Presser at 9.30pm tonight

coastiehater
14-09-2012, 12:11 PM
A-League club Wellington Phoenix sign Belgian international Stein Huysegems
From correspondents in Wellington, New Zealand
AAP September 14, 2012 11:15AM

Recruit ... Stein Huysegems (R) during his days with Feyenoord. Source: Peter Dejong / AAP
Former Belgium international striker Stein Huysegems has signed a two-year deal with Wellington Phoenix.

The signing of the 30-year-old Huysegems, who has played for Dutch first division clubs Feyenoord, FC Twente and Roda, was announced by the A-League club on Friday.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.
Related ContentSpecialist: Phoenix concern as Ifill injured End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.
He has played 15 times for Belgium, his last appearance being in 2009.

The 1.86m frontman will join the Phoenix attacking stocks of Paul Ifill, Benjamin Totori, Jeremy Brockie and Mirjan Pavlovic.

coastiehater
21-09-2012, 11:57 AM
WSW news conference on foxsports at 2pm.

snake
21-09-2012, 12:03 PM

stream

http://media.foxsports.com.au/fatwire/live/flintliveplayer/live-stream-new.html

furns
21-09-2012, 12:06 PM
to announce their captain I believe, although rumours are still circulating about Ballack.

If his wage demands are $2.5mil and they still signed him, FFA can GGF

BodyNovo
21-09-2012, 12:07 PM

i just had a look at WSW twitter account, i think this is the announcment of the captain, not michael ballack (although both would probably work well together)

furns
21-09-2012, 12:08 PM
seems unusual to call a presser just to announce a captain, usually that would happen in conjunction with something else. Maybe will be announcing a player, just not Ballack.

Jetmaster
21-09-2012, 12:09 PM
Who will it be ? Tarek, Beauchamp, Topor, Covic.

I hope it is weak ankled fat c*** !

A live press conference on Fox would not be called just for the captains announcement surely ?

Pico
21-09-2012, 12:40 PM
seems weird that fox would turn up for a captains announcement, unless they just want to cover their bases just in case its a player signing too.

snake
21-09-2012, 12:47 PM
seems weird that fox would turn up for a captains announcement, unless they just want to cover their bases just in case its a player signing too.

i would see why they'd have cameras (for the nightly news etc), but not for a captain unveiling. did they even cross live for the launch of the club?

emma
21-09-2012, 02:02 PM
Beauchamp has been announced as captain

jetsgal
21-09-2012, 02:04 PM
announced michael beauchamp as captain

furns
21-09-2012, 02:04 PM
mbooooooooooo

jetsgal
21-09-2012, 02:07 PM
just finished saying how much of an honour it is, reporter then asks just how much of an honour is it....

pv4
21-09-2012, 02:09 PM
whenever I think of beauchamp I think of old snake-hips abbas

lol

&1gest
21-09-2012, 02:09 PM
BREAKING! The new Western Sydney Wanderers captain poses in his away shirt.#aleague (https://twitter.com/search/?q=%23aleague&src=hash) pic.twitter.com/iWQRtsLO (http://t.co/iWQRtsLO)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A3SXncNCEAI4zKn.jpg

plague
23-09-2012, 09:18 PM
Foxtel ran an ad tonight for the first round match between Perth and Brisbane.
Its just Smeltz sitting in the locker room as they go though last years GF.
Then he shoots the camera the best 'Blue Steel/Magnum' you've ever seen.
Even rubbish like that is getting me pumped for the season.
If anyone gets a link please post its great.

I hate Smeltz.

Jetmaster
24-09-2012, 08:30 AM
Indeed - also saw the Melbourne Heart ad and curious to see what comes out of those "A-League Preview" shorts that Bozza and Slater were in. There were some great ultra slow motion shots of Broich that looked brilliant.

OmeletteDuFromage
24-09-2012, 12:12 PM
Foxtel ran an ad tonight for the first round match between Perth and Brisbane.
Its just Smeltz sitting in the locker room as they go though last years GF.
Then he shoots the camera the best 'Blue Steel/Magnum' you've ever seen.
Even rubbish like that is getting me pumped for the season.
If anyone gets a link please post its great.

I hate Smeltz.

Link to it - http://bit.ly/OkLRen

It was just posted by the A-League FB.

furns
02-10-2012, 10:32 PM
FoxSports have announced 3 new shows, and FoxSports FC is no more. Apparently we will still have to put up with Andy Maher ffs

There is a show called Kickoff prior to the Friday night game @ 630 hosted by Mel and Harper which will preview the weekend
There is a show called The B League on sundays with Sam Mac and some other random (comedy show)
There is a show called Shootout after the final game on sunday with Peacock and Bozza which will review the weekend
Matchday Saturday will return with Peacock, Bozza and Rudan covering EPL and HAL
Monday will be the Highlights Show with Simon Hill and Rudan.

Or if you dont have Fox, you always have TWG ;)

GazFish35
02-10-2012, 10:48 PM
So no Harper commentating on friday night games?
And no slater on matachday Saturday?

Think I might get fox.

Grimario
02-10-2012, 10:51 PM
That's pretty tasty... currently a deal for Fox with sport for first 6 months for $370 (24 month full contract though) including IQ and free install.

Hmmmmm.......

Jetmaster
03-10-2012, 08:26 AM
Just realised how much I've missed Mel.....

Jeterpool
03-10-2012, 08:37 AM
So no Harper commentating on friday night games?
And no slater on matachday Saturday?

Think I might get fox.

Not sure what weight it holds, but Slater was there with Peacock and Bozza on Saturday night for the Arsean v Chelsea game and Liverpool v Norwich

plague
03-10-2012, 11:56 AM
I don't mind Andy Maher.

A brazillion times better than Slater.

MFKS
03-10-2012, 05:56 PM
Just realised how much I've missed Mel.....

Did see her on the box the other day and was concerned some lucky bastard may have got her up the duff.

Either she was preggers or her wardrobe choice looked like it came from some shop that clothes fat chicks

russjaybee
04-10-2012, 09:18 AM
MFKS she's married, just in case you were wondering.

Jetmaster
04-10-2012, 10:22 AM
MFKS she's married, just in case you were wondering.

I think we all know that - it's just hard to take...!! And if she is pregnant it sort of sullies her purity !! lol

Mel does struggle with weight round the bum though, it's one of her endearing qualities - she isn't perfect.

russjaybee
04-10-2012, 11:29 AM
Over in SA me and my mates spotted her and asked her for a photo, one of our friends was going to take it but she said get in here and says "here my husband can take it", we're like "you sure mate?", he just gives us a knowing look and goes, "yeh guys, don't worry I get this all the time...".

I bet he does, what a bloke, had to shake the mans hand.

MFKS
04-10-2012, 08:11 PM
I think we all know that - it's just hard to take...!! And if she is pregnant it sort of sullies her purity !! lol

Mel does struggle with weight round the bum though, it's one of her endearing qualities - she isn't perfect.

Couldn't give a **** if she was married. She is still fair game in my eyes!!

If I bump into her on my travels the Member will be turning on the charm with the express intent of rubbing the Members member between her thighs. Couldn't give a shit if she was married to Mike Tyson holding a sawnoff shotgun at me when I met her I would still be hitting on her.

Payoff seems worth the consequences!!!

The consequence for the lucky **** Married to her and rooting her regularly is he is gonna have to be on his toes to keep other blokes away from her. His problem and it comes with the territory

Anyway Member>>>

Would **** her still if she put on 50kgs.
Would **** her still if she was up the duff.
Would **** her still if if she wanted to be rooted in a Gypo replica kit.

It ain't her figure that does it. It is those eyes!!! Almost permanently glazed over like she has just orgasmed!!!

Does it for me big time

seldom
04-10-2012, 11:27 PM
I'm guessing the member didn't get any on holidays

Retro Jet
05-10-2012, 12:08 AM
A-Leage v7 day
Fire up!

WolfMan
05-10-2012, 06:05 AM
A-Leage v7 day
Fire up!

Actually cannot wait!

Retro Jet
05-10-2012, 07:12 AM
A-Leage v7 day
Fire up!
Self imposed horses @rse
v8.......Vroom vroom

Superdylan
21-10-2012, 08:13 AM
http://www.facebook.com/groups/426524360731161/

Thought I'd share this page on here, it's aleague discussion page, about active support, results etc

There's a couple hundred on there mainly Adelaide red terrace, Sydney fc, and victory fans with some pockets of others.

Closed discussion but plenty of lols at times

Currently only myself and furns are on there but would be good to get some more jets fans on there.

pv4
30-10-2012, 03:49 PM
roar have put out an ad for the upcoming sydney game

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A6XSfkJCcAAjZif.jpg:large

pretty cool if you ask me. wouldn't be bad to see more like this (ads with this style of quirkyness).

btw sticky this thread pleeeease

pv4
14-11-2012, 11:26 AM
http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/wellingtonphoenix/news-display/mirjan-pavlovic-leaves-phoenix/52847

pav is up for grabs

&1gest
14-11-2012, 12:13 PM
http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/wellingtonphoenix/news-display/mirjan-pavlovic-leaves-phoenix/52847

pav is up for grabs

the news comes after a statement from phoenix last month that the 23-year-old had a medical condition that restricted his ability to play professional football.?????????

Jeterpool
14-11-2012, 12:25 PM
[/font][/color]?????????

Hope its nothing serious.

Muswellbrookian
14-11-2012, 06:47 PM

pav is up for grabs

2 goals in a total of 28 professional appearances, both against the usual suspects. F*ck me, we let some numpties score against us.

Hope his condition's nothing too serious, though based on the statement released by Phoenix, I wonder if it has something to do with his heart?

q-money
14-11-2012, 07:21 PM
pav :wub:

Jeterpool
15-11-2012, 08:24 AM
pav :wub:

Remember watching him in youth once - was a gun that game

coastiehater
16-11-2012, 02:19 PM
David Beckham could be the next superstar to be playing in the Hyundai A-League - now it's up to Football Federation Australia to make it happen.

With the Major League Soccer competition in America finishing in a fortnight, Fox Sports can reveal the LA Galaxy megastar has been offered to several A-League clubs about the possibility of a potential 10-game guest stint.

But for the move to eventuate, the FFA needs to be on board to support the deal financially.

Beckham is currently the third-highest earner in the MLS at $US4m per season. In his most recent deal he accepted a $US1.5m pay-cut from the Galaxy and it is believed that money would not be a primary reason for wanting to play in Australia.

If David Gallop thought he could ease into his first week as chief executive officer, he can think again. The sport’s new boss will need to decide whether or not to support the stint.

Beckham has already been knocked back by one A-League club, while Sydney and Melbourne are considered the two most likely destinations for the former Manchester United and Real Madrid man

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 37-year-old, who has spent two other MLS off-seasons in Italy’s Serie A, is no stranger to these shores. The former England captain attracted bumper crowds to play friendlies against Sydney FC, Newcastle Jets, Melbourne Victory and Wellington Phoenix since 2007.

But for the A-League to boast Beckham alongside the likes of Alessandro del Piero and Emile Heskey would send the appeal of the competition to another stratosphere.

Beckham has been the poster-boy for American 'soccer' since his high profile move to Los Angeles from Real Madrid in 2007.

He played 116 games at the Bernabeu, after moving from Old Trafford in the Barclays Premier League where he played 265 from 1993 to 2003, before being sold by Sir Alex Ferguson

belchardo
16-11-2012, 02:25 PM
sauce? EDIT: any news website in australia at the moment.

why does the FFA have to support it financially? if a club wants him, pay him themselves.

sh10
16-11-2012, 02:40 PM
will obviously go to shitney

Jeterpool
16-11-2012, 02:51 PM
I think Melbourne (Heart or Victory) or Brisbane. Good market there for him. Don't want too many Marquees at each club.

Would we want him?

WolfMan
16-11-2012, 03:00 PM
I like the idea of spreading the talent around. Would rather see him at a club without a designated Marquee (Victory, Heart, Roar etc)

GazFish35
16-11-2012, 03:18 PM
not a fan of the guest marquee. league turns into a circus.

socceroos okay though. and arsenal players.

get RedBulls to let Timmy and Thierry come downunder for 10 games.

GazFish35
16-11-2012, 03:19 PM
why does the FFA have to support it financially? if a club wants him, pay him themselves.

FFA have helped us pay Heskey so be careful shouting that arguement too loudly.

belchardo
16-11-2012, 03:25 PM

we should be paying for our own marquees as well. so should sydney if they are helping fund ADP too.

god almighty, why are juniors indirectly subsidising multi-millionaires?

russjaybee
16-11-2012, 03:56 PM
I'm guessing they would say "for the greater good" belch...

Not too fussed on Beckham to be honest.
If anyone I'm guessing Pissants, <3 or Purf.

dink
16-11-2012, 04:24 PM
He can play a 10 game guest stint....
Theres 10 teams in the A-league.....
Therefore I propose Becks has one game at home for each A-league club. Works out fairly for everyone.

Pico
16-11-2012, 04:52 PM

But to what extent, I thought the FFA helped by loosening the requirements around third party deals, so basically if they have a personal sponsor that might usually clash with an FFA exclusive partner they would be allowed for marquees now.

The other thing I though was that the FFA threw a little bit of coin but not much at the marquees for the rights to use them in marketing for the league, which seems fair enough to me, if each club goes out and finds a marquee that the FFA find attractive for their marketing department to use then they can get some coin too, but if your high water mark is going to be signing Jade North then don't complain if the FFA turns their nose up at covering some of his cost.

pv4
16-11-2012, 05:02 PM
from what I understand about the ffa and the current marquees..

Ono is obviously purely funded by the ffa
adp & Heskey were helped with some funds by the FFA. this funding came from their marketing budget. but the marquees were just the marketing they needed. I have no issue with either club for taking said marketing money - without the clubs getting the marquee players, the aleague would have needed heaps more marketing to be as successful as it has been so far this season.

sh10
16-11-2012, 05:03 PM
Therefore I propose Becks has one game at home for each A-league club. Works out fairly for everyone.

winner

namwob99
16-11-2012, 05:45 PM
Get rid of the term guest stint. Sounds so damn amateurish. Just call it a loan stint!!

MFKS
16-11-2012, 05:49 PM

Except when it is our turn we want him for a clash with the Gypos then we can give him to the Gypos for the day coz we don't need him. We have the finest English player of his generation already on the books at Stade de Newy in Ivanhoe

HESKEY >>> BECKS

Beckham still trying to get out of the shadow of Heskeytime

Zico
16-11-2012, 07:18 PM
Get rid of the term guest stint. Sounds so damn amateurish. Just call it a loan stint!!
+1

seldom
16-11-2012, 09:39 PM

more like a "working holiday"

pv4
21-11-2012, 02:16 PM
thought i'd leave this here

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/foxsportscomau-presents-the-latest-points-tally-for-the-a-leagues-alex-tobin-award/story-e6frf4gl-1226519727924

it's the up-to-date alex tobin award tally, and shows who got what each round. wasn't sure how to find this info until i found that link.

yo butch - you'll never guess who's winning it.

belchardo
22-11-2012, 08:14 AM
Di Matteo to Sydney as coach. :)

pv4
26-11-2012, 01:17 PM
list of players whose contract expires at the end of april next year, that are free to talk to other clubs. who would you take? (note: is from a herald sun article. may not be fully accurate - ie it says virgili is open but he signed a new contract recently)

Adelaide United (11)
Fabian Barbiero
Zenon Caravella
Bruce Djite
Fabio Ferreira
Iain Fyfe
Evan Kostopoulos
Jeronimo Neumann#
Cassio
Iain Ramsay
Sergio van Dijk*
Cameron Watson

Brisbane Roar (9)
Luke Brattan
Jack Hingert
Matt Jurman
James Meyer
Mitch Nichols
Erik Paartalu
Yuji Takahashi#
Rocco Visconte

Central Coast (16)
Oliver Bozanic
Anthony Caceres
Brent Griffiths
Troy Hearfield
John Hutchinson
Adam Kwasnik
Daniel McBreen
Brad McDonald
Michael McGlinchey
James Oates
Justin Pasfield
Adriano Pellegrino
Tom Rogic
Matt Ryan
Mile Sterjovski*
Patrick Zwaanswijk

Melbourne Heart (11)
Clint Bolton
Fred
Mate Dugandzic
Richard Garcia
Jonatan Germano
Steven Gray
Vince Grella
Jason Hoffman
Nick Kalmar
Josip Tadic
Matt Thompson

Melbourne Victory (11)
Leigh Broxham
Billy Celeski*
Isaka Cernak
Julius Davies
Spase Dilevski
Diogo Ferriera
Petar Franjic
Sam Gallagher
Marco Rojas
Lawrence Thomas
Tando Velaphi

Newcastle Jets (10)
Michael Bridges
Tiago Calvano
Sam Gallaway
Emile Heskey
Marko Jesic
Bernardo Ribeiro
Dominik Ritter
James Virgili
Jobe Wheelhouse
Ruben Zadkovich

Perth Glory (11)
Evan Berger
Travis Dodd*
Dean Heffernan
Jesse Makarounas
Steven McGarry
Liam Miller
Ryo Nagai#
Bas van den Brink
Nick Ward
Neil Young
Lewis Italiano

Sydney FC (14)
Terry Antonis
Joel Chianese
Jason Culina
Rhyan Grant
Adam Griffiths
Kruno Lovrek
Trent McClenahan
Terry McFlynn
Ivan Necevski
Dimitri Petratos
Paul Reid
Seb Ryall
Nathan Sherlock
Yairo Yau#

Wellington Phoenix (9)
Leo Bertos
Jimmy Downey
Tony Lochhead
Mark Paston
Mirjan Pavlovic
Dani Sanchez
Alex Smith
Benjamin Totori#
Ricardo Clarke

Western Sydney Wanderers (16)
Michael Beauchamp
Shannon Cole
Ante Covic
Adam D’Appuzzo
Tarek Elrich
Joey Gibbs
Labinot Haliti
Youssouf Hersi
Dino Kresinger
Iacopo La Rocca
Tahj Minniecon
Shinji Ono
Jerome Polenz
Mateo Poljak
Jason Trifiro
Jerrad Tyson

i wouldn't mind any of:
fyfe
neumann
cassio
nichols
paartalu
bozanic
mcbreen (bring him home)
rogic
fred
garcia
grella
kalmar
tadic
m.thompson
rojas
miller
bvdb

and from our squad i'd be keeping:
tiago
heskey
ribeiro
solid
jobe
rubez

russjaybee
26-11-2012, 01:40 PM
We need another point man / poacher so that we're not relying wholly on Heskdaddy, I don't think McBreen is the answer as he is old as shite as well.

Striker
- Bruce Djite
- Josip Tadic
- Joey Gibbs (depending on how the rest of his season goes, he should start infront of kresinger every game for WSW imo)

CM
- Jeronimo Neumann
- Paartalu
- Rogic
- Alex Smith

CB
- Patrick Zwaanswijk (yes he's a gypo but we need a decent experienced CB)

Obviously everyone wants Rojas but we wont get him, not point even thinking about it.

q-money
26-11-2012, 01:48 PM
re-signing sam gallaway is a must

Grimario
26-11-2012, 01:54 PM
We need another point man / poacher so that we're not relying wholly on Heskdaddy, I don't think McBreen is the answer as he is old as shite as well.
- Patrick Zwaanswijk (yes he's a gypo but we need a decent experienced CB)

You don't think McBreen is the answer but you would take the 38 year old dutch CB? Nah, I am sick of having slow CB's, I would much prefer we promoted from within and used Regan/Chapman in more prominent roles.

furns
26-11-2012, 02:04 PM
Bring home the Pav

PS McBreen can ggf

pv4
26-11-2012, 02:22 PM
PS McBreen can ggf

https://static.prtst.net/asset-proxy/315f7a450ed968d720d2f581eaf59d38dbff6223/687474703a2f2f74726f6c6c2e6d652f696d616765732f6372 656570792d77696c6c792d776f6e6b612f6e6f2d796f752e6a 7067/http://troll.me/images/creepy-willy-wonka/no-you.jpg

the only reason he's not with us is gve is an egomaniac. and because he fancied the likes of jason hoffman/brodie mooy more.

BodyNovo
26-11-2012, 02:33 PM
no to edgey players.

pv4
26-11-2012, 03:17 PM
apparently the acl organisers are thinking of changing the foreign spot rule. possibly going to 3 asian + 3 non-asian foreigners (6 total).

will be interesting to see if the ffa do likewise. could have a lot more of your song-esque players coming over (might mean increasing salary cap to entice them?).

russjaybee
26-11-2012, 03:57 PM
You don't think McBreen is the answer but you would take the 38 year old dutch CB? Nah, I am sick of having slow CB's, I would much prefer we promoted from within and used Regan/Chapman in more prominent roles.

Did nay realise he was that old. Fk that then.

I stand by not wanting McBreen, we already have an aging front man. We should have a young(ish) target man to learn from him etc that we can actually keep for a few years, not a stop-gap solution.
Djite is a similar mould.

Thomas477
26-11-2012, 06:07 PM
Bring Song back!

RedMexican
26-11-2012, 06:37 PM
Did nay realise he was that old. Fk that then.

I stand by not wanting McBreen, we already have an aging front man. We should have a young(ish) target man to learn from him etc that we can actually keep for a few years, not a stop-gap solution.
Djite is a similar mould.

kale bradberry

parksey
26-11-2012, 07:05 PM
https://static.prtst.net/asset-proxy/315f7a450ed968d720d2f581eaf59d38dbff6223/687474703a2f2f74726f6c6c2e6d652f696d616765732f6372 656570792d77696c6c792d776f6e6b612f6e6f2d796f752e6a 7067/http://troll.me/images/creepy-willy-wonka/no-you.jpg

the only reason he's not with us is gve is an egomaniac. and because he fancied the likes of jason hoffman/brodie mooy more.

ggf

militiamon
26-11-2012, 08:49 PM
^ye

pv4
26-11-2012, 09:54 PM
sorry guys, will take the "truth bombs" badge off.

pv4
26-11-2012, 10:36 PM
reports doing the rounds that graham Arnold, along with dutchy, turned down the offer to coach Sydney. but apparently farina has been handed the gig.

I must say, I'm a big fan of farina. the Sydney job is infested with aids though

front2
26-11-2012, 11:13 PM
Farina fits the profile as a local based coach. Would love to see Miron get the job. MB has been out of the scene for awhile but has a good football brain and can talk the bullshit and sound good while at it. Miss him.

parksey
26-11-2012, 11:17 PM
in other news i'd like to put it on record that evan kostopolous, or however you spell it, is the worst player in the league.

namwob99
27-11-2012, 06:37 AM
Sign Paartalu!!

MFKS
27-11-2012, 10:50 AM
Luke Bratten from Pv's list is a must sign.

How he ain't a starter at Roar every week ahead of Mitch Nicholls is beyond me

furns
27-11-2012, 10:54 AM
reports doing the rounds that graham Arnold, along with dutchy, turned down the offer to coach Sydney. but apparently farina has been handed the gig.

I must say, I'm a big fan of farina. the Sydney job is infested with aids though
Farinas Brisbane team accomplished nowt and were perennial underachievers.
I wholeheartedly endorse this appointment.

Grimario
27-11-2012, 11:00 AM
in other news i'd like to put it on record that evan kostopolous, or however you spell it, is the worst player in the league.

Based on? Two weeks ago he was my MOTM for them, was absolutely brilliant.

russjaybee
27-11-2012, 11:01 AM
farina always over-rated

Bon
27-11-2012, 11:03 AM
farina always over-rated

Always over the limit.. hahaha

plague
27-11-2012, 11:19 AM
Farinas Brisbane team accomplished nowt and were perennial underachievers.
I wholeheartedly endorse this appointment.
Don't forget the fact he's a deadest clown with a huge temper.
Sign him up Sydney.

demon
27-11-2012, 11:55 AM
I'm honestly surprised the italian hasn't been able to hook them up with a viable and effective list of names of who could take that team with everyone he would have seen going through the ranks of coaching over the years.

The Dunster
27-11-2012, 12:23 PM
The Sydney FC board are the problem. No coach would go near the place until Uncle Frank and friends are long gone.

pv4
27-11-2012, 03:24 PM
heh, only just realised/noticed/was informed that neil young has retired from playing & is now perth's gk coach.

parksey
27-11-2012, 03:27 PM
Based on? Two weeks ago he was my MOTM for them, was absolutely brilliant.

he's awful

one of those players in this league who just should not be a professional footballer

terry
27-11-2012, 10:20 PM

Mcbreen's a swallower. Bigger kvnt than hutcho. fo

demon
28-11-2012, 11:32 AM
heh, only just realised/noticed/was informed that neil young has retired from playing & is now perth's gk coach.

He had tried making a return with them on field but I heard him being interviewed prior to the recent Jets game and the consequences of the illness after he was hurt here are still troubling him. He was only making 30 mins of training before it was dramatically affecting him and his recovery for the next days training.

Good on Perth for keeping him involved, when $'s are so important they could have treated him very differently.

furns
03-12-2012, 01:20 PM
Sydney axe Gary Cole
http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/257956,sydney-axe-football-director-gary-cole.aspx

Which is probably a good thing, because if he didnt do anything what was he there for?

Bon
03-12-2012, 01:22 PM
Mcbreen's a swallower. Bigger kvnt than hutcho. fo

I just saw on the Fox Sports page, the B-League segment where this fat moustachioed Adelaide bloke was going off at McBreen, they interviewed him after it.. Check it out.. hahaha

pv4
02-01-2013, 09:37 AM
mariners have agreed to sell rogic for $600k to reading. should be gone before the weekend apparently.

his contract with ccm expires in may

belchardo
02-01-2013, 12:01 PM
Good luck to him. thank god he won't be around when we play them next.

weston
04-01-2013, 03:20 PM
According to "Australia Football" on facebook. Channell Nine Perth reported that Billy Mehmet has quit the Glory to move to an asian side but there has been no word from the club.

I have done a search on the Channell Nine site and i can't find a thing on this. Could be bs, who knows. Can't say "Australian Football" would be a reliable source.

EDIT: Ok. They have now posted this comment from Billy Mehmets twitter page apparently.

From Billy Mehmet's twitter account: @billy_mehmet
"Sad to be leaving Perth glory had a great time with the boys and the fans but it had to be done"

Grimario
04-01-2013, 03:23 PM
From the man himself...

billy mehmet ‏@billy_mehmet
Sad to be leaving Perth glory had a great time with the boys and the fans but it had to be done

And perf..

Perth Glory FC ‏@PerthGloryFC
BILLY MEHMET | Perth Glory will release a statement once all details are finalised with all relevant parties.

furns
04-01-2013, 09:47 PM
He has gone to Bangkok Glass FC in the Thai Premier League - currently coached by Phil Stubbins.

seldom
04-01-2013, 10:19 PM
He has gone to Bangkok Glass FC in the Thai Premier League - currently coached by Phil Stubbins.

If he doesnt make it he'll be shattered...soz i'll show myself out

GazFish35
04-01-2013, 10:46 PM
Come back in seldom......

Fans always half fill the stadium.
Or half empty it.

All depends on your outlook on life.

pv4
04-01-2013, 10:51 PM
wasnt stubbins with "Thailand Police Boys" or something?

boz-monaut
04-01-2013, 10:51 PM
everyone can see straight through these jokes, they're payneful

GazFish35
04-01-2013, 10:53 PM
Very transparently run club by all accounts.

GazFish35
04-01-2013, 10:54 PM
Except when they framed the last president for corruption. It was curtains for him.

plague
04-01-2013, 11:42 PM
You could say Mehmets career has been a descent into the maelstrom.

plague
05-01-2013, 11:14 AM
You could say Mehmets career has been a descent into the maelstrom.

As always, a Philip Glass reference handbrakes another excellent run of awful puns.

seldom
05-01-2013, 11:52 PM
lol fox commentators saying smeltz in poor form,can't score etc...next minute 2 screamers from best striker in the comp.

p.s. hope the jerks brain trust who didnt want to fork out the coin were watching

front2
05-01-2013, 11:59 PM
Those two goals were top shelf!

demon
06-01-2013, 12:29 AM
lol fox commentators saying smeltz in poor form,can't score etc...next minute 2 screamers from best striker in the comp.

p.s. hope the jerks brain trust who didnt want to fork out the coin were watching

Plus Culina stepped with up one and could have had two.

Muswellbrookian
06-01-2013, 02:41 AM

Seeing as said brain trust was in fact Branko, then yeah, I'd say he was watching.

Grimario
07-01-2013, 11:39 AM
Nix announce that they are making an announcement this afternoon..

Wellington Phoenix ‏@WgtnPhoenixFC
New player announcement coming this afternoon - will be posted on website #newphoenixplayer

MFKS
07-01-2013, 11:54 AM
Nix announce that they are making an announcement this afternoon..

Please god let it be Marko Jesic

furns
07-01-2013, 12:00 PM
WSW thread on sfcu full of sydney fans complaining RBB has a superiority complex.

Now I have seen everything.....

Grimario
07-01-2013, 12:54 PM
Please god let it be Marko Jesic

Sadly, they have signed a kiwi defender who failed to play a game in the MLS after moving from Auckland City.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Hogg_(footballer)

pv4
08-01-2013, 12:39 PM
brisbane just mutually terminated their contract with rocky visconte. they also let their loan japanese defender go possibly a few weeks ago.

love how easy it is for other teams to punt players to free up squad spots, but we have to be like arsenal and carry our shit-bucket around with us

Thomas477
08-01-2013, 12:58 PM
Rocky Visconte is in talks with WSW. Probably happy to go for free if WSW would pick him up asap.

Jeterpool
08-01-2013, 01:12 PM
Rocky Visconte is in talks with WSW. Probably happy to go for free if WSW would pick him up asap.

Yep - never leave unles you have somewhere else to go

pv4
09-01-2013, 06:27 PM
victory have released julius Davies (going to roar) and Petar franjic.

seriously, why is it so hard for us to trim the deadwood mid season

belchardo
09-01-2013, 07:40 PM
maybe the deadwood of every other team is better than our deadwood.

Jeterpool
09-01-2013, 07:55 PM
Where has franjic gone?

GazFish35
09-01-2013, 09:08 PM
http://onlineinvestigations.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/waally.jpg

Pico
10-01-2013, 07:15 AM
Tom Rogic looks certain to leave A-League for Celtic

David Davutovic
Herald Sun
January 10, 2013 12:00AM

http://resources1.news.com.au/images/2013/01/07/1226549/131981-tom-rogic.jpg
Central Coast star Tom Rogic looks certain to join Celtic. Picture: Brett Costello

EXCITING Socceroos midfielder Tom Rogic this morning leaves for Europe having almost certainly played his last game for Central Coast Mariners.

The Gosford-based club appears to be the most affected by the January transfer window with Rogic's move to Scottish league leader Celtic all but sealed, while Matt Ryan could be sold before Saturday's crunch game against Melbourne Victory.

Negotiations continued overnight with the Mariners seeking a higher fee for Ryan than the $100,000 offered by Danish club Randers.

Rogic, who is serving the third of a three-game ban this week, departs Sydney at 10am today to join Celtic at a training camp in Spain with the club merely wanting to see him before paying the Mariners' transfer valuation.

Celtic is confident of obtaining a work permit for the 20-year-old, who last week rejected a transfer to relegation-bound English Premier League club Reading.

Usually a non-event in Australia, the annual transfer window has assumed significance this year with a higher number of players attracting overseas interest than usual and unprecedented movement between A-League clubs.

In other soccer news:

BRISBANE Roar midfielder Eric Paartalu is attracting strong interest from Chinese Super League clubs, less than a year after rejecting a move to Guangzhou R&F FC to remain with Ange Postecoglou;

SYDNEY FC is searching for an Australian defender, with its five visa spots filled;

ROAR has signed Socceroos defender Jade North from Japanese side Consadole Sapporo on a 3 1/2-year deal;

WESTERN Sydney Wanderers have signed left winger Rocky Visconte for the rest of the season after he was released by Brisbane.

Gone for the derby perhaps, cheers Celtic.

Pico
10-01-2013, 07:20 AM
Clubs ring the changes as transfer season opens

January 10, 2013

http://images.smh.com.au/2013/01/09/3941110/art-svMARRONE-420x0.jpg

Michael Marrone (right) challenges Victory's Archie Thompson during the Melbourne derby last month. Photo: Getty Images

THE retail industry has the traditional post-Christmas January sales to stimulate demand and keep cash flow going.

The soccer world has the January transfer window, which not only drives business and revenue, but allows some players to achieve their lifetime dreams and forces others to contemplate, if not the end of their career, then how to deal with a major setback.

It not only allows coaches to clear the decks and rebuild their squads for a serious tilt at the title, but gives fans the chance to dream of a better, brighter future thanks to a couple of new signings.

The reverse is also true, of course, as it gives supporters the opportunity to moan and groan about their club's supposed lack of ambition when it lets its best and brightest talents disappear to bigger teams in faraway leagues.
Advertisement

As is often the case, things are not as they may seem.

Wednesday's frenzy of activity in the A-League was reminiscent of the opening day of a Myer or Grace Bros Boxing Day blockbuster sale as players departed, or were dumped, moving to Asia, Europe or interstate.

Earliest to set the hares running was Central Coast Mariners prodigy Tommy Rogic, who, it was announced, would be ''linking'' up with Celtic in Spain, where the Scottish champions are having a mid-season training camp.

Celtic has yet to table a formal bid for the Socceroo midfielder, but will run an eye over Rogic as he takes part in training sessions as well as sports science and fitness testing.

Rogic, who will miss the game against Melbourne Victory at Aurora Stadium in Launceston on Saturday evening because of suspension, is due back in Gosford on January 17, but if Celtic likes what it sees the club is set to table a bid. The 20-year-old would then be off to Scotland, missing the remainder of the A-League season.

One player who will definitely not be around during the domestic campaign is Melbourne Heart right back Michael Marrone. The defender received a round of applause at training from his teammates on Wednesday morning when they were told he would be leaving to move to Chinese side Shanghai Shenxin.

Marrone, now 25, is Heart's record games holder with 70 appearances for the red and whites, a club he joined for the inaugural season from North Queensland Fury. Marrone, who made his Socceroo debut late last year in the East Asian Cup, also played for his home-town team Adelaide United.

It is believed the Heart has received about $300,000 for Marrone, whose new club finished second bottom of the Chinese Super League last season. It is understood the team plans to use him as a defensive midfielder.

There was plenty of action at Melbourne Victory, too, where Ange Postecoglou continues to wield the axe as he shapes the squad to his liking.

To do so he needs to create space in his squad, cut his wages bill and free up some cash for new signings.

So out went two youngsters, Petar Franjic and Julius Davies, although it would be surprising if their wages amounted, even together, to that great a sum.

Franjic has played 31 games for Victory in his two years with the club, including a handful of appearances this season.

But it became clear he was not part of Postecoglou's plans when he was dropped. Even when the coach faced a central defensive crisis he preferred to use the diminutive Leigh Broxham rather than Franjic or Sam Gallagher, who remains on the list.

At least Franjic featured regularly enough.

Davies, who was signed last year, made two appearances at the back end of that campaign under Jim Magilton, but has not been involved at all this year.

The 18-year-old, who once spent time with Bayern Munich, asked for his contract to be terminated so that he could join Brisbane Roar. The Sierra Leone-born teenager has signed a new two-and-a-half-year deal with the Queenslanders, so his immediate future still remains promising.

Brisbane also did some business, shipping out former young Socceroo Rocky Visconte.

The 22-year-old winger has joined A-League new boys Western Sydney Wanderers. He also played for Scottish Premier League side Hearts as a teenager.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/a-league/clubs-ring-the-changes-as-transfer-season-opens-20130109-2cgrv.html#ixzz2HVleSydN

Cutting more dead wood down at victory, Ang does love a clean out.

Pico
10-01-2013, 07:21 AM
Where has franjic gone?

Franjic, 20, who played 30 games for Victory, looks set to move to Thai club Bangkok Glass, which just signed Perth Glory striker Billy Mehmet.

Stubbins signing everything he can from the HAL.

belchardo
10-01-2013, 07:22 AM

found him!

Jeterpool
10-01-2013, 08:35 AM

Oh I see him hidden away down there :gent:

MFKS
10-01-2013, 01:50 PM
victory have released julius Davies (going to roar) and Petar franjic.

seriously, why is it so hard for us to trim the deadwood mid season

FFS PV4 I feel that your logic has gone out the window here.

GVE is just one man. Poor bugger has to run our club despite the burden of having Deans as an assistant manger.

In spite of all this he has managed to unlock the secret to a clean sheet last weekend. That only took 18 games to achieve. Expecting him to work another miracle like hocking off hacks like Jesic and trying to con other HAL managers into thinking they have a talented new signing on their hands in Jesic is a miracle of greater proportions.

Bit much too ask as he is just a man

Grimario
10-01-2013, 02:34 PM
Gypos have Ryan, Rogic and now Ibini off... Ibini is definitely going to miss the F3 derby, whoo.

MFKS
10-01-2013, 02:39 PM
Gypos have Ryan, Rogic and now Ibini off... Ibini is definitely going to miss the F3 derby, whoo.

Fingers crossed all 3 sign for their prospective clubs.

Give the Gypos breathing space from the financial guillotine hanging over them, to continue the Lolz from our end and also the first wheels coming off the Caravan as we head in to the time of the year that the gypos OWN

CHOKING SEASON

Beeen
10-01-2013, 02:46 PM
Where's Ibini off to?

ah belgium. meh

belchardo
10-01-2013, 02:48 PM
yeah! woo!

their young guys are so good they're being offered contracts overseas. lucky GVE had the forethought to pick one's that aren't as good.

goaliepersempre
10-01-2013, 02:48 PM
belgium for a trial, leaves after this weekends game...

Mehmet is of to Thailand from Glory

Serg is just waiting on citizenship issues before playing in Indonesia from adelaide.

q-money
10-01-2013, 03:01 PM
we'll still loose