PDA

View Full Version : Anti-ADP Thread

joel31
12-10-2013, 08:57 AM
He is the biggest whinging, diving scum, always on the ground after little to no contact

Discuss

boz-monaut
12-10-2013, 09:01 AM
incorrect

he gets lumps kicked out of him by shit players out to put him off

still puts them away with more class than our entire squads have mustered in all eight seasons

q-money
12-10-2013, 09:06 AM
he is outstanding in a sea of utter shite

joel31
12-10-2013, 09:17 AM
Don't get me wrong he's a class player. Just his constant whinging and going to the ground everytime he lost the ball got to me

Grimario
12-10-2013, 09:22 AM
Don't get me wrong he's a class player. Just his constant whinging and going to the ground everytime he lost the ball got to me

And how many of those moments were because he got the shit kicked out of him? We were smart about it, we rotated who was doing the kicking.

hawk
12-10-2013, 10:09 AM
And how many of those moments were because he got the shit kicked out of him? We were smart about it, we rotated who was doing the kicking.

this. and that impressive smile

Maito Mitch
12-10-2013, 10:39 AM
No doubt he gets some extra attention and draws a lot of fouls, but ffs just get up and get on with it. He turns a small bump into an apparent serious injury.

You can't argue that he's not a massively protected species. He made 2 pretty ordinary tackles last night and escaped punishment. That two footed off the ground lunge you could argue is technically a straight red? And his chop on Gallaway(?) in the corner in the second half you'd think deserved a yellow... it certainly would have been if it was Gallaway on ADP, and that's the most frustrating thing. Admittedly I only saw it live and on replay at the ground, but they didn't look good

At the end of the day, he's a smart player and knows how to influence the officials. And it's frustrating as f*** when he's on the opposition team

stopper2
12-10-2013, 10:53 AM
Players like Hutchinson, Burns and Colosimo are far bigger whingers who are constantly complaining to the ref and annoy the fark out of me. With ADP it seems it's the "Tall poppy syndrome" rearing it's head with some people. Yes, he does "milk" some free-kicks (even J.Griffiths heaven forbid done it) but he does cop a fair few knocks around the shins and ankles, and anyone who has played the game will testify that those knocks can bloody hurt sometimes.....and don't forget he is nearly 39!!!
Seems to be a Newcastle trait (whether it's the Jets or the Knights) to try and deflect your own teams poor performance by picking on something from the opposition or blaming the ref.

q-money
12-10-2013, 11:09 AM
Seems to be a Newcastle trait (whether it's the Jets or the Knights) to try and deflect your own teams poor performance by picking on something from the opposition or blaming the ref.
exactly. the bloke is a class above, we should feel privilged to watch him. i wish we had a bloke that could sniff out a goal like that.

Blackmac79
12-10-2013, 11:21 AM
That first goal was spectacular.

Blackmac79
12-10-2013, 11:21 AM
Caravella WTF

Thomas477
12-10-2013, 12:11 PM
Being kicked in the shins and writhing as though you'd been shot is no excuse in football. FFS, part of the gear is "shin pads". If they're too small they don't protect your shins, you deserve to get kicked there.

Skirt Boy
12-10-2013, 12:21 PM
I see supporters of Windale Eagles are now supporting football. :D

Tommyjet
12-10-2013, 03:14 PM
Diving f$&kstick

Sideline
12-10-2013, 03:54 PM
who cares if he was in our sqaud this topic would never of even been started :P

id love to have him here over anyone we currently have ...... least he can create opportunities unlike the current crap we have

im sick of hearing the excuses i want results and anyone that thinks last nyts efforts were good enough are bloody kidding themselves

all i can say is thank f%$k sydney had half there sqaud out

pistolpete
13-10-2013, 09:58 AM
exactly. the bloke is a class above, we should feel privilged to watch him. i wish we had a bloke that could sniff out a goal like that.

Every time I watch Sydney play I still can't believe he decided to play out here. Such an honour for us to be able to watch someone this quality live every weekend. If they had anyone else of quality in their squad they would walk the league. He must get frustrated having to win games on his own

Jetmaster
13-10-2013, 11:04 AM
I guess as somebody else said on the foz once about Griffo.

He was a c***, but he was our c*** and we loved him for it.

He was a whining, omnipotent and talented player who got up everyone's noses. Muscat, Burns, Berisha are all similar.

plague
13-10-2013, 11:05 AM
Worst thread ever IMHO.
Bloke is a legend and teams like ours should pray we get someone with 10% of his ability.
Del Piero IN.

Premy
13-10-2013, 11:06 AM
None better then Surez.

selassie
13-10-2013, 12:13 PM
cant wait to boo him again.

GazFish35
13-10-2013, 12:53 PM
Worst thread ever IMHO.
Bloke is a legend and teams like ours should pray we get someone with 10% of his ability.
Del Piero IN.

This.

People who complain about getting to watch this living legend do his stuff should rip their eyes out and give them to someone else more deserving.

ADP is one the greatest players to ever play the game (no exaggeration needed) and if he plays in our time zone we should feel privileged to be able to watch him. We can watch him live in the flesh FFS, we have no position to whine about anything he does.

If you don't want to see footballers complain when they are kicked, I think you might need to find another sport. I cant think of any game at any level where there is one guy getting the shit kicked out of him and not complaining. Of those who complaining ADP perhaps has the most to complain about.

The hacks who kick him won't think to thank him when they get a pay rise based on the TV deal ADP helps the FFA strike up next.

stopper2
13-10-2013, 03:01 PM
^^^
Best post ever on this forum!!!

russjaybee
13-10-2013, 03:15 PM
ADP easily the biggest player to play in the league and what an honor. Pleasure to watch, model professional and you can see he has a real desire to succeed wherever he goes.

Having said that, I did notice that whenever he loses possession and some form of contact is involved he will hit the deck and gesticulate to the ref. Regardless of whether it was a fair challenge or not.

Just because he is an amazing player and does get legitimately fouled often doesn't mean you should turn a blind eye to the gamesmanship he plays as well.

GazFish35
13-10-2013, 03:22 PM
Gamesmanship is why he is a world beater.

Lack of gamesmanship is why the jets suck.

Grimario
13-10-2013, 03:25 PM

:lulz:

MFKS
13-10-2013, 05:26 PM
Gamesmanship is why he is a world beater.

Games manship is all good and well.

The referees though need to be a little less star struck when dealing with him and treat him like any other player.

How he got away with the foul/hack on Galloway when Sammy had him for pace and was into the box/headed for the byline is a mystery to me. Let alone the two footed lunge of Huge Laiens. Any other bloke would have copped a yellow

Agree he does cop his fair share of kicks from opponents but many times he also get free kicks he doesn't deserve to the referees over zealousness to "PROTECT" him.

sammydog
13-10-2013, 07:20 PM
I have a great deal of respect for ADP, but he dishes out the hacks as good as he gets. He though hams it up a lot more to milk the free and after watching him a number of times live now it tarnishes his greatness for me.

I've seen things off the ball that he has done as well that we would be scathing of any other player doing. Reputation/legend should mean a blind eye is turned.

GazFish35
13-10-2013, 07:39 PM
Games manship is all good and well.

The referees though need to be a little less star struck when dealing with him and treat him like any other player.

How he got away with the foul/hack on Galloway when Sammy had him for pace and was into the box/headed for the byline is a mystery to me. Let alone the two footed lunge of Huge Laiens. Any other bloke would have copped a yellow

Agree he does cop his fair share of kicks from opponents but many times he also get free kicks he doesn't deserve to the referees over zealousness to "PROTECT" him.

I do agree the refs looked scared to card him.

boz-monaut
13-10-2013, 07:45 PM
dude's getting paid $2M and is the face of the A-League here and internationally - he's getting kicked by local thugs on as low as $40k

even if the refs aren't deliberately treating him as a protected species, they'd be looking out for him, anyone in their position would

terry
13-10-2013, 11:37 PM
got me ****ed how honkman could ever share a blade of grass DP

russjaybee
14-10-2013, 09:59 AM
dude's getting paid $2M and is the face of the A-League here and internationally - he's getting kicked by local thugs on as low as $40k

even if the refs aren't deliberately treating him as a protected species, they'd be looking out for him, anyone in their position would

They shouldn't be, what a player has done previously and definitely what he's being paid should have absolutely no impact on how he is treated on the field by the officials.
Everyone should be equal out there, in a perfect world...

MFKS
14-10-2013, 11:45 AM
They shouldn't be, what a player has done previously and definitely what he's being paid should have absolutely no impact on how he is treated on the field by the officials.
Everyone should be equal out there, in a perfect world...

Precisely

Never noticed the barrage of free kicks for us for all them blokes dealing with Heskeytime or back in the days of Lord Griffo