PDA

View Full Version : 2014 National Premier League

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

terryk
12-03-2014, 05:12 PM
Olympic were missing swancott, both swan brothers and Greg Anderson
Not sure about maitland

Hey do we have 2 magicians on here??? 1 is "Magician" and 1 is "magician". "magician" seems to know a lot about Olympic, whilst "Magician" knows about Magic. Are you "magician' associated with Magic or Olympic?

Thomas477
12-03-2014, 05:22 PM
can you back this claim up

Backing up claims on the local foz? You're having a laugh, surely.

Facts seem secondary in this thread.

Zeus
12-03-2014, 05:42 PM
Kale Bradburry to Jaffas-

If you are going to past some news, please post something with proof, not rumours

GazFish35
13-03-2014, 09:27 AM
Well said Zico.

lets not even start with this shit.

NewFM 2014
13-03-2014, 09:51 AM
So whats the BIG news has Kale signed with the Jaffas ?

cobra23
13-03-2014, 10:41 AM
So whats the BIG news has Kale signed with the Jaffas ?

I Heard yes , 500 a game

JCBT
13-03-2014, 10:52 AM
Jaffas will be a 3 to 5 year success followed by many years of pain and poor results. This has happened to clubs in the past that get promoted and want to win everything from the get go but can't sustain the huge wages and eventually end up being also rans or relegated.

Paolo
13-03-2014, 11:09 AM
Forever Red...I thought the Jaffas had become a privately owned and run entity?
I think their commitee is merely a figurehead these days.

For me this is all quite funny. The Jaffas model is completely the opposite of what the FFA are wanting to implement with regards to the NPL. Little to no regard for coach or local player development, and all resources instead pumped into funding player payments in the hunt for glory.

I agree with JCBT...it will end in tears as it always does.

Also probably might be smarter for a certain head coach to concentrate on passing his C Licence rather spending his time signing new players he won't be allowed to coach and shopping his current players to rival clubs?

Zeus
13-03-2014, 12:25 PM
Jaffas will be a 3 to 5 year success followed by many years of pain and poor results. This has happened to clubs in the past that get promoted and want to win everything from the get go but can't sustain the huge wages and eventually end up being also rans or relegated.

Haha a bit like maitlanf this year
Buying players to win the Newfm
Don't think there is anything wrong with Jaffas.
Jaffas are establishing themselves as a strong club. Last year they were tipped to come down the bottom with their squads which only added Jobe through the year.
This year they lost 6 or so players and replaced with 6 or so players.
Always cracks me up these jealous blokes. What's wrong with a club doing want magic and Olympic do and attracting good players.
The thing about them buying players and money is all rumours.
They have signed no more players than what Olympic have and apart from the signing of Macca have signed all young players which gives them a squad for the future rather than what u are saying quick success.
Think it's a smart move with the points system signing young guys as there will be less points for transfers next year.
Olympic have done the Same by signing mooney, Blake green and Cody Lucas.

I would like to see admiration for what fellow clubs are doing rather than jealousy.
Jagfas are not a lakes, they are a very well run club similar to magic and Olympic in that they have a community and rather than a privately run entity as some joker has put on here they have over 30 sponsors on their books.
They have worked hard as a club and coke a long way over 5 years, not 1 year.

And had kale gone to magic or Olympic we would have been whinging about them!

So much jealousy on here, if the Jaffas have signed Kale I say good on them, kale is looking to get a contract with the jets senior team and will choose the team where he thinks he best fits in as a contract on the line.

If the Rumour is even true.

Zeus
13-03-2014, 12:28 PM
Forever Red...I thought the Jaffas had become a privately owned and run entity?
I think their commitee is merely a figurehead these days.

For me this is all quite funny. The Jaffas model is completely the opposite of what the FFA are wanting to implement with regards to the NPL. Little to no regard for coach or local player development, and all resources instead pumped into funding player payments in the hunt for glory.

I agree with JCBT...it will end in tears as it always does.

Also probably might be smarter for a certain head coach to concentrate on passing his C Licence rather spending his time signing new players he won't be allowed to coach and shopping his current players to rival clubs?

Also think u will find Tanch is doing his B licence and will be finished before the season starts.
Certain keyboard warriors need to get their facts straight rather then starting it jumping on the Rumour mill.
Whether he has a piece of paper or not he was coach of the year last year... Voted by coaching peers.
Think guys on here need to stop giving all coached a hard time, rather than appreciating the time and input they give the sporting community

NewFM 2014
13-03-2014, 12:37 PM
Haha a bit like maitlanf this year
Buying players to win the Newfm
Don't think there is anything wrong with Jaffas.
Jaffas are establishing themselves as a strong club. Last year they were tipped to come down the bottom with their squads which only added Jobe through the year.
This year they lost 6 or so players and replaced with 6 or so players.
Always cracks me up these jealous blokes. What's wrong with a club doing want magic and Olympic do and attracting good players.
The thing about them buying players and money is all rumours.
They have signed no more players than what Olympic have and apart from the signing of Macca have signed all young players which gives them a squad for the future rather than what u are saying quick success.
Think it's a smart move with the points system signing young guys as there will be less points for transfers next year.
Olympic have done the Same by signing mooney, Blake green and Cody Lucas.

I would like to see admiration for what fellow clubs are doing rather than jealousy.
Jagfas are not a lakes, they are a very well run club similar to magic and Olympic in that they have a community and rather than a privately run entity as some joker has put on here they have over 30 sponsors on their books.
They have worked hard as a club and coke a long way over 5 years, not 1 year.

And had kale gone to magic or Olympic we would have been whinging about them!

So much jealousy on here, if the Jaffas have signed Kale I say good on them, kale is looking to get a contract with the jets senior team and will choose the team where he thinks he best fits in as a contract on the line.

If the Rumour is even true.

So has kale signed for jaffas or what ?

I also think its good that Lambton are targeting younger players now as shows they are planing or appear to be planning for the future.

I agree with some not all of above and why do Jaffas get it so tough on here sometimes ? good club and well run who are simply ambitious and trying to challange.

Zues think you might be wrong about Maitland ... I just happen to have been at both there games last two weeks against Hamilton and Southy (spying mission).

And other than the two Adamstown boys from last year Costello and Dowdell they have all the same players playing as last year i think. I hardly think two players is buying a league and anyway I think Valo might have something to say about the destiny of the NewFM and you should know that more than most considering the scoreline with Valo against your jaffas LOL

Paolo
13-03-2014, 12:40 PM
Also think u will find Tanch is doing his B licence and will be finished before the season starts.
Certain keyboard warriors need to get their facts straight rather then starting it jumping on the Rumour mill.
Whether he has a piece of paper or not he was coach of the year last year... Voted by coaching peers.
Think guys on here need to stop giving all coached a hard time, rather than appreciating the time and input they give the sporting community

Hasn't even completed the C Licence but will have his B before the season starts....Hahahahahahahahahahaha!
I think your facts are the wrong ones mate! When you actually have something intelligent to say maybe others will listen. Until then though you're are just making a fool of yourself and the club you clearly support.

People have opinions...if you want to spend big and claim the glory when it comes, you must take the criticism as well.

Jaf Jaf
13-03-2014, 01:09 PM
Hasn't even completed the C Licence but will have his B before the season starts....Hahahahahahahahahahaha!
I think your facts are the wrong ones mate! When you actually have something intelligent to say maybe others will listen. Until then though you're are just making a fool of yourself and the club you clearly support.

People have opinions...if you want to spend big and claim the glory when it comes, you must take the criticism as well.

I assume your experience with Jaffas has u know everything about them?
Seeing as you are a seasoned newcastle football net user with posts in single figures and the majority bagging out the Jaffas puts questions about your identity. ex jaffa turned sour!!

Zeus
13-03-2014, 01:14 PM
So has kale signed for jaffas or what ?

I also think its good that Lambton are targeting younger players now as shows they are planing or appear to be planning for the future.

I agree with some not all of above and why do Jaffas get it so tough on here sometimes ? good club and well run who are simply ambitious and trying to challange.

Zues think you might be wrong about Maitland ... I just happen to have been at both there games last two weeks against Hamilton and Southy (spying mission).

And other than the two Adamstown boys from last year Costello and Dowdell they have all the same players playing as last year i think. I hardly think two players is buying a league and anyway I think Valo might have something to say about the destiny of the NewFM and you should know that more than most considering the scoreline with Valo against your jaffas LOL
Agree graham, I was only showing the Maitland lad how peoples rumours turn out.
You are also doing a great job at Maitland this year and building them for the future
We appreciate the game up there too.
Was a game of 2 halves but don't think u will have a problem this year with the quality in your side.

NewFM 2014
13-03-2014, 01:18 PM
I am very much a Phoenix my friend wrong club but thanks for the game a few weeks back. For what its worth I think Jaffas do get a faw deal just because they are ambitious.

Thomas477
13-03-2014, 01:33 PM

First rule of spying, don't admit you're spying :lulz:

As for the Jaffas, they were the new club in NBN and were trying to upset the balance quo between, but not limited to, the likes of Weston, Magic, Olympic etc.

Paolo
13-03-2014, 01:52 PM
I assume your experience with Jaffas has u know everything about them?
Seeing as you are a seasoned newcastle football net user with posts in single figures and the majority bagging out the Jaffas puts questions about your identity. ex jaffa turned sour!!

Rghto Jaf Jaf I've made 4 posts...I am strongly in support of improving coaching standards and making coaches accountable for what they do. I am also heavily against what in my opinion are un-sustainable player payments in Newcastle Football.

I'm not about supporting any club over another...beleive what you need too though.

Premy
13-03-2014, 02:27 PM
Jaffas have raised the attendance by 1 every game. The Member would like to know how much a season pass is?:pissup:

Thomas477
13-03-2014, 03:07 PM
Rghto Jaf Jaf I've made 4 posts...I am strongly in support of improving coaching standards and making coaches accountable for what they do. I am also heavily against what in my opinion are un-sustainable player payments in Newcastle Football.

I'm not about supporting any club over another...beleive what you need too though.

I reiterate my comments from a month or so ago.

What defines unsustainable? Simba might find it unsustainable to continually improve their ground to the tune of what Magic do, for example. Unless you know how much income the Jaffas get, and how much they spend, I wouldn't go shooting my mouth off.

furns
13-03-2014, 03:29 PM
play the ball and not the man people
you might think that the mods and admins dont watch the local threads, you would be wrong.

A few people in here are skating close to the edge.

The Magician
13-03-2014, 06:52 PM
I Heard yes , 500 a game

Confirmed by Jets Management... offer was $500 a week to the player just to play with the NBN team on the weekend, train with Jets during the week. But heard now he's been punted from Jets program too. Player agent Snedden must be getting a handsome %.

Best of luck Kale, who will be sitting on the bench now up front for the Jaff Jaffs.

pv4
13-03-2014, 06:54 PM
Kale was training with the senior Jets this morning.

Saw it myself.

MFKS
13-03-2014, 07:23 PM
Confirmed by Jets Management... offer was $500 a week to the player just to play with the NBN team on the weekend, train with Jets during the week. But heard now he's been punted from Jets program too. Player agent Snedden must be getting a handsome %.

Best of luck Kale, who will be sitting on the bench now up front for the Jaff Jaffs.
Confirmed where??

Have heard a rumour this week that Kale would be playing NBN this season but for a club other than Jaffas or Jets.

Can't reveal my source because the bloke in question made me swear on Griffs life and Kales life also before he gave me the gossip.

The club ain't Magic Olympic either.

Allegedly he was training with them this week with a view to sign.

My source though may have been pulling my leg for a laugh though as he has been good for some whack job rumours in the past that never panned out :sparring::sup:

Thomas477
13-03-2014, 07:38 PM
Heard Messi might be signing with Olympic. He likes the blue and white stripes.

ForeverRed
13-03-2014, 08:34 PM
Confirmed where??

Have heard a rumour this week that Kale would be playing NBN this season but for a club other than Jaffas or Jets.

Can't reveal my source because the bloke in question made me swear on Griffs life and Kales life also before he gave me the gossip.

The club ain't Magic Olympic either.

Allegedly he was training with them this week with a view to sign.

My source though may have been pulling my leg for a laugh though as he has been good for some whack job rumours in the past that never panned out :sparring::sup:

Bears

MFKS
13-03-2014, 08:40 PM
Can confirm it ain't the Weston either and being you are the main man at Southy and ain't blowing your own trumpet on the subject that would rule them out also.

Narrowed down heaps now ain't it

The Magician
13-03-2014, 08:48 PM
Kale was training with the senior Jets this morning.

Saw it myself.

Good news then

Premy
13-03-2014, 08:50 PM
Can confirm it ain't the Weston either and being you are the main man at Southy and ain't blowing your own trumpet on the subject that would rule them out also.

Narrowed down heaps now ain't it

Buds or Edgy would be my guess. Purely because I don't think CCB and Lakes could afford him, I could be wrong but.

MFKS
13-03-2014, 09:28 PM
Your half right

Only cause you gave two possible answers

Jaf Jaf
13-03-2014, 10:52 PM
Can confirm Kale has signed with Jaffas
Will be at state cup Sunday to watch not play as he wasn't registered by cut off time for this week.
Can also confirm magician is full of shit.
1. The figure is incorrect and way off
2. Jets management have no knowledge of any figure.
3. Kale will be training with Jaffas from tues night
4. I know it's hard for magic to digest when a player prefers to sign with a club other than them, a bruise for your ego but please don't think you need to make up an excuse to justify why he didn't choose magic.

If u want to know why is because he wanted to play with Jobs, Remo and Maj.
Cracks me up how u think it's always about money.

Confirmed with jets management... Lol you are a disgrace to the reputation of magic!

Zeus
13-03-2014, 11:12 PM
Any body know the result of Adamstown and lakes tonight?

judge
13-03-2014, 11:15 PM
Kale has a great relationship with the people from Magic and you The Magician must be trying to destroy It. If you were a true Magic supporter you would support Magic juniors.

Thomas477
13-03-2014, 11:19 PM
Member, your thoughts on Kale signing with Lambton?

And do Lambton have season passes Jaf Jaf?

Drunken ranger
13-03-2014, 11:36 PM
Yeah $500 is a bit short heard it was close to triple :-0

terryk
13-03-2014, 11:39 PM
Can confirm Kale has signed with Jaffas
Will be at state cup Sunday to watch not play as he wasn't registered by cut off time for this week.
Can also confirm magician is full of shit.
1. The figure is incorrect and way off
2. Jets management have no knowledge of any figure.
3. Kale will be training with Jaffas from tues night
4. I know it's hard for magic to digest when a player prefers to sign with a club other than them, a bruise for your ego but please don't think you need to make up an excuse to justify why he didn't choose magic.

If u want to know why is because he wanted to play with Jobs, Remo and Maj.
Cracks me up how u think it's always about money.

Confirmed with jets management... Lol you are a disgrace to the reputation of magic!

Hang on... There are two magicians on here. One is with Magic and the other with Hamilton.... Which one? And whats with the anti magic rhetoric? Settle down Tanch.

BUT you can enlighten us. How do you know the figure is wrong? How do you know magician didn't speak to Jets management? Are you sure that the Jets/Kale didn't speak to other clubs and discuss arrangements and renumeration? How do you know Kale didn't speak to Magic first and discuss a figure there??? There are over 150 players in our league so what makes you think that magic want every single one of them. Seems like you have the issue and not the magician or magic. From players i have spoken to i am told that players want to play with magic and hamilton, not a case of the clubs poaching... You make a point about the money and we know which club pays exorbitant salaries and jobs for the boys around town, and maybe contrary to your belief it may just be about the money, the money the Jaffas are willing to pay that other clubs are not...

As some said earlier for Kale to be in someone is going to have to sit on the bench. This could be interesting.

terryk
13-03-2014, 11:44 PM
Kale has a great relationship with the people from Magic and you The Magician must be trying to destroy It. If you were a true Magic supporter you would support Magic juniors.

Maybe not the best relationship if he didn't sign with the magic.... And to be honest i can't see what was so bad about the comment? "Best of luck Kale"... Further do we know if the magician is a magic person or just a nobody?

The Dunster
13-03-2014, 11:57 PM
Can we conclude that the Jets don't think Kale is good enough for A-league and that his future belongs in the local competition ?
Because if the Jets really wanted him it's hard to imagine any local club being able to match an offer.

The Magician
14-03-2014, 12:08 AM
Theres no bad blood between the Magic and the Bradbury's, it was his decision and we wish Kale luck... We take pride in the fact that year after year Magic youth players continue to be selected and succeed with the Jets program, and hopefully those players can achieve A-League contracts and beyond its no different for Kale.

and so... In Haynes, Higgins, Pettit, Virgili, Berlin, Bowling, Griffiths, Kantarovski, Tippet, Paul, Fletcher, Piddington, Casciaroli, Canli, Hoole, we trust.

Thomas477
14-03-2014, 12:17 AM
:popcorn:

Mods, any chance of a name change for the junior of the magicians so we don't have this confusion in future? Thanks.

seldom
14-03-2014, 12:26 AM
most yoof players have a manager nowadays and this is where Kale has ended up. I know the jets have put pressure on the lot of them but really Kale should of dipped his toe into a different pond IMO

The Magician
14-03-2014, 01:06 PM
Any body know the result of Adamstown and lakes tonight?

Updates?

Newy
14-03-2014, 01:24 PM
heard 5-2 lakes

pv4
14-03-2014, 01:36 PM
heard 5-2 lakes

Yep I heard 6-3 to Lakes. So pretty similar.

The Magician
14-03-2014, 01:38 PM
Did Matthew Commerford play for A'town, he was missing for the Magic game too...

MFKS
14-03-2014, 01:49 PM
NORTHERN NSW Football fans will be able to watch games online this season under a new agreement with Newcastle-based television company BarTV.
See your ad here

BarTV will film and livestream one game every round, plus all finals, to be viewed online or throughout its network of hotels and clubs.

The season opener on Friday, April 4, between Edgeworth and the Jets youth team at Jack McLaughlan Oval will be the first game broadcast.

Last season, BarTV filmed and distributed Newcastle Rugby League matches in pubs and clubs who subscribed. A match of the round was streamed live at the Herald’s website, theherald.com.au.

‘‘The National Premier League will be shared around for the first half of the season and then it will go to a traditional top-of-the-table clash, so if you’re not in the top five or six, you probably won’t get a game,’’ BarTV director Josh Mason said.

‘‘But that could then open up as we know some clubs who will cover the cost to get their matches played anyway, so by week six or seven we’ll probably cover two or three, and possibly more, NPL matches.’’

Live-streaming local sporting events has grown quickly in popularity. Last year’s Newcastle Rugby League grand final between Western Suburbs and Kurri Kurri attracted an online audience of 7300.

NNSWF marketing and communications manager David Cromarty said it was important that local football gained a presence in live-streaming.

‘‘With the introduction of the NPL we thought it was probably a good opportunity to see how it goes, and it’s something to add to the professionalism of the NPL and build the profile of the league that way,’’ Cromarty said.

The footage would also be made available to clubs and through NNSWF’s social media channels.

‘‘We’ll do a match of the round this year and get the feedback to see how it’s received and go from there.’’

‘‘The feedback that Josh [Mason] was giving us is there was a lot interest out there from a lot of people wanting football content as they were already carrying rugby union and the local rugby league, so ours was a notable omission.’’

Imyourhero
14-03-2014, 01:57 PM
This is a great initiative IMO ^^^

Zico
14-03-2014, 03:53 PM
Can only see positives from this coverage.

pv4
14-03-2014, 03:58 PM
I remember attempting to watch a State/Solo Cup game on a stream a year or two back. Was pretty bad quality.

But I've seen some of the stuff BarTV have done, particularly for Ultimate Frisbee, and it'll be great.

Will they have commentators?

pv4
14-03-2014, 03:59 PM
Did Matthew Commerford play for A'town, he was missing for the Magic game too...

I've been told he played last night, yep.

The Baby Piglet
14-03-2014, 04:18 PM
Perhaps you may be able to host the show pv4 ??? I think you and ForeverRed should enquire about possible commentary roles !!!

immersion
14-03-2014, 04:22 PM
Perhaps you may be able to host the show pv4 ??? I think you and ForeverRed should enquire about possible commentary roles !!!

That would actually be a good idea. The pitch report from forever red would be top notch. :).

MFKS
14-03-2014, 06:06 PM
That would actually be a good idea. The pitch report from forever red would be top notch. :).
:sup:
Umm far too much going through my head to say about now

Will let all pass as any more comments will result in warnings/bannings from Mods/Admin:sup:

ForeverRed
14-03-2014, 06:31 PM
All the things magic did for kale and he wipes them, loyalty, what a joke, this boys done nothing in the game and commands big dollars, laughable, even funnier then abe being in the papers for sweet FA, what a laugh,

magician
14-03-2014, 09:07 PM
All the things magic did for kale and he wipes them, loyalty, what a joke, this boys done nothing in the game and commands big dollars, laughable, even funnier then abe being in the papers for sweet FA, what a laugh,
Finally something we agree on

Zeus
14-03-2014, 09:30 PM

Haha the jealousy is so strong u can almost taste it.
Had he signed for Sth Cardiff I could see forever red saying the same thing!
Haha ok I'm being sarcastic.

Lots of jealousy out there, don't know if u can't see it yourself but it is humorous.
Another quality player in the comp and all these jealous blokes can do is rip into someone and fuel rumours they have no facts on
No wonder this forum gets such a bad name.

Do people not realise how ridiculous they come across
I mean I'm sure me Robb would have said no at Sth Cardiff if Kale wanted to go there. I commend u

ForeverRed
14-03-2014, 09:41 PM
You Totally missed my point, don't give 2 ****s who he plays with, my comment was about loyalty and earning your way, lay down and have an aspirin for goodness sake before you blow a blood vessel.

Imyourhero
14-03-2014, 09:44 PM
Personally i feel that by him going anywhere apart from magic it shows that he is conceding his dream of professional football is ending. If he wanted to keep himself on display he should have signed for magic. Just my personal opinion.

Zeus
14-03-2014, 09:52 PM
You Totally missed my point, don't give 2 ****s who he plays with, my comment was about loyalty and earning your way, lay down and have an aspirin for goodness sake before you blow a blood vessel.

No I got your point
No blood vessel here mate
If I was going to burst a blood vessel I would walk out the front and punch someone through a car window

hawk
14-03-2014, 11:02 PM
ffs :blush:

terryk
14-03-2014, 11:17 PM

What if he was directed to play for a particular club by the Jets??? Do you turn your back on any chance of a career and do as you are told, or do you turn your back on the club where you enjoyed some very formative years?

immersion
15-03-2014, 12:00 AM

How has he not earned his way? The kid although i am not his biggest fan doesn't get to where he is by shear luck. He has has had to work hard to get where he is. He is only going to get better and that will help the competition.

And for the fact "what has he done in the game", you can't be serious. There are barely any any players in the league that have played in the next level. I class the youth jets better than state league. That being said you would have to think that he has done more than 90% of the players in this league.

Loyalty. yeah i get where you going with this and i do agree at some level. But there isn't much loyalty these days in any part of life.

seldom
15-03-2014, 12:33 AM
IMO the kid is bein fvcked round by the jets...get onto your manager and get a chance at another HAL side...you can always come back to NBN ffs

The Magician
15-03-2014, 01:04 AM
IMO the kid is bein fvcked round by the jets...get onto your manager and get a chance at another HAL side...you can always come back to NBN ffs

Yes Yes Yes... but he should REALLY REALLY REALLY play with Jobe, Maj and Remo before joining another A-League club, thats what his manager Jaf Jaf directed...

ForeverRed
15-03-2014, 08:28 AM
Next subject please

magician
15-03-2014, 09:54 AM
Next subject please
Howz southy looking tomorrow. Full strengthed ;)

ForeverRed
15-03-2014, 10:35 AM
Not sure, I'm out of town for a couple of weeks, should be close to full strength, although Mitch Wallace is suspended

Brandon166
15-03-2014, 11:07 AM
Half of you don't even know what your talking about and just jump to conclusions. Did it ever occur to you that maybe Clayton told Kale not to go to magic, from what i have heard he wanted to strengthen kale up a bit why would he play for magic when it would be too easy for him, playing against magic would be more of a challenge then playing with them.

halo se7en
15-03-2014, 11:10 AM
Heard Messi might be signing with Olympic. He likes the blue and white stripes.

He'd fit in better at St Johns ;)

Newy
15-03-2014, 12:05 PM
can you back this claim up

Yes

ForeverRed
15-03-2014, 12:41 PM
Yes
Thought so

MFKS
15-03-2014, 01:11 PM

Have to agree with you. If the jets ain't looking after him he should be looking at another HAL club for a chance or if that fails go play VPL or NSWPL where he will get paid more and have better short term prospects of getting back to the HAL level.

The bloke has already scored about 35 goals in NBN First grade level in the last 2 years so he can definitely cut it at that level so i don't see what the point would be to play at that level for him

Zeus
17-03-2014, 01:39 PM
Good result for Sth Cardiff on the weekend.
Olympic not at full strength but a good result none the less.
Will give Sth Cardiff a lot of confidence going into the first round against Olympic

Imyourhero
17-03-2014, 02:46 PM
This year could be closest competition in a long time. Particularly for top 5

The General
17-03-2014, 03:12 PM
Good result for Sth Cardiff on the weekend.
Olympic not at full strength but a good result none the less.
Will give Sth Cardiff a lot of confidence going into the first round against Olympic

Yeah when I heard the result I had expected Olympic were depleted. I have since heard South Cardiff were missing up to 5 first teamers too. Even more impressive. Have they recruited better? If this shows their depth I think they may be able to contend for a semi final birth - Forever Red can you fill us in on what's happening over there? Adamstown seem to be miles away from the others (It is only early I know - and I could be wrong) at this stage.

Zeus
17-03-2014, 03:29 PM
Yes Sth Cardiff Mitch Wallace and a few others as you mentioned, they looked good and Im sure they will be fighting for a top 5 position. You don't ever write Southy off.
They have done a great job and recruited a few handy players. They have a great fighting spirit and wanted the game more then Olympic.

At full strength Im sure they will take points from a lot of the top teams.
The NBN league will be close and like last year teams will take points from each other week in week out.

Yeah I thought that Lakes were the team miles away until when they played each other and Lakes belted them 5-2, although I heard Adamstown didn't field a full strength team.?

ForeverRed
17-03-2014, 03:32 PM
Sorry missed the game, both missing players, olympic did have a strong side who have probably all played a bit of first grade, reports i received are that we put a couple of young blokes in who surprised all with their performances, Sean clerke is back and apparently showed why he should play NPL, young Tom pullin in goals gained a heap of experience by playing yesterday, some young boys who got a bit of a sniff last year through Piggot are realising it can be done, long way to go though, young blokes will not turn up every week but are a good foil for injuries and suspension, I will judge after 2 or 3 rounds.

Imyourhero
21-03-2014, 10:43 AM
haven't heard much from lake macquarie this pre season in regards to trial games etc across their grades

The Magician
22-03-2014, 02:11 AM
With the PPS been in the paper this week, have clubs seen other clubs PPS's yet? How is northern going to administer queries regarding the PPS?

pv4
22-03-2014, 07:04 AM
With the PPS been in the paper this week, have clubs seen other clubs PPS's yet? How is northern going to administer queries regarding the PPS?

I'm under the impression that the clubs were asked if they wanted to see the other clubs PPS's and only two clubs said yes (and that they would run their eye through each teams as they knew enough history about every player to work out if they went over, etc), while the others said they trusted Northern to get it right.

wannabe
22-03-2014, 02:17 PM
I'm under the impression that the clubs were asked if they wanted to see the other clubs PPS's and only two clubs said yes (and that they would run their eye through each teams as they knew enough history about every player to work out if they went over, etc), while the others said they trusted Northern to get it right.

All clubs were forwarded an email of every clubs list of 20 players on thurs and have until Monday to lodge and queries with northern regarding other clubs points.From what I have heard,and I am not having a shot at jaffas,most clubs are querying kale signing and points at jaffas. They came in at 248 but got kale for 14 points instead of 18 which would have put them over the points by 2 and stopped the signing. From what I have heard players changing clubs attract an extra 8 points or 4 points if the player played less than 6 first grade games the year before which kale did. However,jaffas have submitted that kale played in the A league youth team in the summer comp so is not a first grade player so have him in at 14. peoples thoughts ???

Zico
22-03-2014, 02:30 PM
All clubs were forwarded an email of every clubs list of 20 players on thurs and have until Monday to lodge and queries with northern regarding other clubs points.From what I have heard,and I am not having a shot at jaffas,most clubs are querying kale signing and points at jaffas. They came in at 248 but got kale for 14 points instead of 18 which would have put them over the points by 2 and stopped the signing. From what I have heard players changing clubs attract an extra 8 points or 4 points if the player played less than 6 first grade games the year before which kale did. However,jaffas have submitted that kale played in the A league youth team in the summer comp so is not a first grade player so have him in at 14. peoples thoughts ???
He played in the first grade comp so he should attract the 18 points.

wannabe
22-03-2014, 02:47 PM
Tend to agree with you here zico. Have heard a lot of the clubs are querying this one . The two other jets players I know of ,blake green at Olympic and luke Remington were both worth 18 points,so I cant see how jaffas should get kale for 14 ?

Beast
22-03-2014, 03:33 PM
creative accounting

MFKS
22-03-2014, 05:04 PM

Where is the points thing we had on here a while back.

It had clearly how many points a player was who came back from the pathway programs ie HAL and NYL teams to the NPL

Thomas477
23-03-2014, 12:32 AM
Who knows? You'd imagine that NNSWF would know exactly how many points each player is worth and if all the teams fit under it, ala Smurf fc and the salary cap.

Plus I'd imagine Ireland and Jobe are marquees?

MFKS
23-03-2014, 01:01 AM
Player Points System Detail - Better formatting this time!

The PPS assumes a mandatory squad size of 20 players for the First Team.

Each player is initially worth 10 points and the absolute point limit is 200 points per squad.

Player values are then discounted, or inflated, depending on the characteristics of the player and whether this characteristics have been prioritised. The adjusted values, which would be cumulative, areas follows:

Category Name

Category Description

Points Adjustment

Commentary

Standard Player

All players in the First team squad

+1

+1 for each year the player is over the age of 25

Visa Player

Player holding an international visa selected in the First Team squad.
Permanent Residents are excluded in accordance with NRR

+10

Maximum of 2 visa players per squad

Home-grown Player

Player who has risen through the club’s development pathway within the licenced club to be selected in the First Team squad.
(Youth defined as Grades 15, 17, 19 & 23)

-1 for each Youth team the player has played >15 matches for in a season (max of 5)

Pathway Players

Players who have participated in an elite ‘pathway team’, such as the A-League, NYL, AIS or EJ’s but have returned to the licensed club and are members of the First Team squad

No penalty for players who have left a club, joined a pathway team and subsequently returned to the club

Rising Stars

Highly talented young player, under 18, who has been selected for the First Team squad

if U18 player promoted to First Team

If U/17

If U/16

Switching Player

Players who have switched clubs from the preceding season and are in the First Team squad. Applies to any club not just NPL.

+8

+4

Added points if a player switches clubs and played >5 games
Added points if less played <5 games

Loyalty Player

Player that competes for the same club in their First Grade Squad for 5
consecutive seasons

For each season (cumulative to a maximum of -5). Must reach 5 consecutive seasons before any points are applied

Youth Player Advancement

(13 to 19)

Youth player that is signed from the club’s youth teams into a national elite team (HAL, NYL, AIS, EJ’s)

+3

One-off bonus to club’s PPS cap. Can be used for 1 season. Current or next

First Team Player Advancement

First Team Player that is signed from the club into a national elite team (HAL, NYL, AIS, EJ’s 18)

+8

One-off bonus to club’s PPS cap. Can be used for 1 season. Current or next

Marquee Player

Player who last played in a domestic league sanctioned and conducted by a Member Association of FIFA. Lower divisions of foreign domestic leagues conducted directly by FIFA MA’s will be subject to approval.

Approved by FFA. Age and Switching Player penalties do not apply. Visa conditions apply

Youth Pathway credit

Youth Club player who is selected into elite pathway and returns to club.

+1
for each season in elite pathway

Bonus points are applied to Home Grown Player points.
Rejected by FFA due to Youth Player Advancement bonus.

Promoted club

Club promoted from lower division

+30

One-off bonus to club’s PPS cap.
Switching Player penalties do not apply to promoted club in initial season of NPL.

there we go

Zeus
23-03-2014, 12:32 PM
Questioned thix, Kale came from playing in the NYL comp, where Remington came from playing in the NBN comp as did Blake Green.
They came from playing in the nbn comp.

Zeus
23-03-2014, 12:36 PM
Who knows? You'd imagine that NNSWF would know exactly how many points each player is worth and if all the teams fit under it, ala Smurf fc and the salary cap.

Plus I'd imagine Ireland and Jobe are marquees?

They cant be marquees as their last club was jaffas, not a professional club.

Thomas477
23-03-2014, 03:40 PM
They cant be marquees as their last club was jaffas, not a professional club.

So marquees are only marquees for one year? Seems silly to me. They were marquees last year weren't they? Has Ireland played in the uk and Jobe with the jets.

Zeus
24-03-2014, 10:25 AM
So marquees are only marquees for one year? Seems silly to me. They were marquees last year weren't they? Has Ireland played in the uk and Jobe with the jets.

A lot of things seem silly with this league. Cant get a Marquee player who played under a professional contract in the Sydney league, even if we provide a contract.

Im not sure about Ireland and obviously Jobe was jets captain, the clarification from the federation was that you only get the marquee it in the year he signs and not on going.

NNSW Football have no idea.
I heard Charlestown put Troy Hearfield down as 0 points. The Marquee clearly states that Marquee is worth the 10 points but doesn't attract the switching points. How did this get past NNSW?

wannabe
26-03-2014, 12:43 PM
I have heard rumour that the 3 clubs who are close to going over the points cap (edgy,jaffas and Adamstown) have all had multiple queries put in about their playing roster and some of the points they have tried to lodge players at which could see them all go over the cap. Lets see how transparent this process is and whether northern police this as they should or just wave their magic wand over it so close to the season and make it go away . This will be the first big test of how serious northern take this new system or whether it is just a claytons points system. Seriously this was always going to turn into a shit fight when northern sent every clubs list to the other clubs and let them put protests in over each others rosters. This should have all been done by northern,but now they have went this way,lets see what response there is and how they react to clubs protests and what they do if a club does go over the allowed points. This isn't a crack at edgy ,jaffas and Adamstown as I have heard nearly every club has had their rosters queried,the only difference being that these 3 clubs are already pretty close to the limit that any irregularities or extra points could push them over 250 points or 280 in adamstowns case

cobra23
26-03-2014, 02:23 PM
I think every team needs there player roster and points shown public so that everyone can see and query.

The Magician
26-03-2014, 03:17 PM
Its the clubs word vs Northern, what do you think the clubs are going to do, try to cheat the system as much as possible. Not many clubs keep accurate records of playing rosters, maybe first grade but most don't know who played for them in the lower grades 2 years ago.

Yeah the Troy thing sounds silly, every player should be start 10 points irrespective? ain't that the base? I also heard that a club had a player down as playing for 5 consecutive years when they had actually only been there for 3, about to start the 4th in 2014. This is basic stuff.

Thomas477
26-03-2014, 04:54 PM
I think every team needs there player roster and points shown public so that everyone can see and query.

Why should the public have a say? Do you expect FFA to release the salary cap for each club?

NNSWF should have a full time member of staff looking over it, a "salary cap auditor".

De-Champ
26-03-2014, 05:45 PM
Why should the public have a say? Do you expect FFA to release the salary cap for each club?

NNSWF should have a full time member of staff looking over it, a "salary cap auditor".

I think by public he meant the clubs in the NPL, not the public at large.

TXK
26-03-2014, 05:51 PM
I think by public he meant the clubs in the NPL, not the public at large.

that's exactly how it happens now...

fresh
27-03-2014, 01:10 AM

Ireland was reserve keeper for coventry city wasnt he. I can imagine thats professional.

Zico
27-03-2014, 11:27 AM
Ireland was reserve keeper for coventry city wasnt he. I can imagine thats professional.
If you are paid as your sole income to play or be trained as a footballer then you are a pro footballer. What is difficult to understand about it?
Brad Jones is Liverpools reserve keeper who plays very few matches yet he is still a pro.

MFKS
27-03-2014, 11:42 AM
If you are paid as your sole income to play or be trained as a footballer then you are a pro footballer. What is difficult to understand about it?
Brad Jones is Liverpools reserve keeper who plays very few matches yet he is still a pro.

Bit like how Bridges masquerades as one for the Jets:sparring:

Or David Carney has spent the last 4-5 years of his career

Zico
27-03-2014, 11:44 AM
Bit like how Bridges masquerades as one for the Jets:sparring:

Or David Carney has spent the last 4-5 years of his career
Only happens every blue moon MFKS but I agree with you :blink:

MFKS
27-03-2014, 12:48 PM
Only happens every blue moon MFKS but I agree with you :blink:

You didn't agree with me -

I just reinforced your view

That make you feel better???

Zeus
28-03-2014, 10:35 AM
I have heard rumour that the 3 clubs who are close to going over the points cap (edgy,jaffas and Adamstown) have all had multiple queries put in about their playing roster and some of the points they have tried to lodge players at which could see them all go over the cap. Lets see how transparent this process is and whether northern police this as they should or just wave their magic wand over it so close to the season and make it go away . This will be the first big test of how serious northern take this new system or whether it is just a claytons points system. Seriously this was always going to turn into a shit fight when northern sent every clubs list to the other clubs and let them put protests in over each others rosters. This should have all been done by northern,but now they have went this way,lets see what response there is and how they react to clubs protests and what they do if a club does go over the allowed points. This isn't a crack at edgy ,jaffas and Adamstown as I have heard nearly every club has had their rosters queried,the only difference being that these 3 clubs are already pretty close to the limit that any irregularities or extra points could push them over 250 points or 280 in adamstowns case

Think what you need to understand here is that Northern have already done a check on the points, and IF ( a big if!) they have done there job properly there shouldn't be any discrepancies no matter what clubs lodge. Clubs also have to have some proof when they lodge, they just cant say Peter Haynes isn't worth those points for example.
The only common ones I have heard is about how many points does Kale Bradbery cost, Azzuri putting in 0 points for a marquee player, and Adamstown somehow having 3 players worth 2 points each!!??
I heard Edge has the only Visa player - someone Sanchez and is a gun.

And yes that is exactly how it happens, every clubs PPS Roster is emailed to all clubs to look at, but they have to make a valid argument with proof as mentioned. As an example above if Magic has Peter Haynes down as 12 points for example and he has played for the club 5 years, If a club doesn't agree they have to come wuth some sort of proof that they have got the points wrong.

sancho_theswan
28-03-2014, 06:41 PM
Think what you need to understand here is that Northern have already done a check on the points, and IF ( a big if!) they have done there job properly there shouldn't be any discrepancies no matter what clubs lodge. Clubs also have to have some proof when they lodge, they just cant say Peter Haynes isn't worth those points for example.
The only common ones I have heard is about how many points does Kale Bradbery cost, Azzuri putting in 0 points for a marquee player, and Adamstown somehow having 3 players worth 2 points each!!??
I heard Edge has the only Visa player - someone Sanchez and is a gun.

And yes that is exactly how it happens, every clubs PPS Roster is emailed to all clubs to look at, but they have to make a valid argument with proof as mentioned. As an example above if Magic has Peter Haynes down as 12 points for example and he has played for the club 5 years, If a club doesn't agree they have to come wuth some sort of proof that they have got the points wrong.

Uhmmm.... ok! I think I understand. Is it kinda like "innocent until proven to be cheating" sort of thingy then?

ForeverRed
28-03-2014, 07:59 PM
Even though the gunners had 25 points to spare, we have been challenged by another club who have 6 points to spare over a single point, give me strength please

De-Champ
29-03-2014, 10:01 AM
Even though the gunners had 25 points to spare, we have been challenged by another club who have 6 points to spare over a single point, give me strength please

That is one thing you will find with this points system. Overly complicated, not many (if any) understand it completely. Just reading this forum there is confusion over who is worth what particularly if you change clubs and you did not come thru' the ranks of the the club you came from.
I think it is a lot of nonsense myself. Works well in theory, but in practice another story.

MFKS
29-03-2014, 10:08 AM
That is one thing you will find with this points system. Overly complicated, not many (if any) understand it completely. Just reading this forum there is confusion over who is worth what particularly if you change clubs and you did not come thru' the ranks of the the club you came from.
I think it is a lot of nonsense myself. Works well in theory, but in practice another story.

Yes so it is a bit of an issue now. Mainly cause it isn't yet fully understood or being played really well by a club

In time when the changes come and clubs are developing their own players for first grade as the system is meant to cause the point system will barely be an issue and clubs won't even be close to the points limit.

Imyourhero
29-03-2014, 10:36 AM
With only a week to go I think its easy to say this years competition will be highly competitive and probably should be the closest organisation of the ladder in years. Im tipping Edgy to take premiership then magic, jaffas and Weston with differences between to be miniscule.

Zico
29-03-2014, 04:00 PM
Yes so it is a bit of an issue now. Mainly cause it isn't yet fully understood or being played really well by a club

In time when the changes come and clubs are developing their own players for first grade as the system is meant to cause the point system will barely be an issue and clubs won't even be close to the points limit.
Or the Fed will do their usual and change it around again after a few years.

MFKS
29-03-2014, 04:37 PM
Or the Fed will do their usual and change it around again after a few years.
Whether the Fed have the ability to change it around remains to be seen. This is mandated by the FFA as part of their bigger picture for football in this country going into the future.

I seriously don't think the FFA will back track too much from the course they are on and trying to achieve do you?? Whatever the FFA bends for the clubs will be minor tweaks and not major about faces

Nor should the FFA budge much anyway as they are leading the push for change and should fight through whatever resistance comes there way from short sighted clubs pandering to their own self interests

The Baby Piglet
30-03-2014, 09:14 AM
I haven't heard anything over the last few weeks about the charity shield. Assuming its not going ahead this year ???

ForeverRed
30-03-2014, 09:29 AM
The first round of the state cup was the charity shield, host clubs were to have a gold coin donation but unfortunately it was washed out

chocolate soldier
30-03-2014, 08:46 PM
Hope jaffas can get better service to their new signing then he put out at the pizza shop tonight MFKS.... :sparring:

The General
30-03-2014, 10:35 PM
Anyone got tips for the opening round this weekend?
My thoughts....
Edgy 3 v Jets 1
Lambton 1 v Charlestown 1
Hamilton 1 v South Cardiff 1
Magic 3 v Adamstown 1
Weston 3 v Lakes 1

MFKS
31-03-2014, 01:18 AM
Hope jaffas can get better service to their new signing then he put out at the pizza shop tonight MFKS.... :sparring:

????

I give up

Zeus
31-03-2014, 03:04 PM
My thoughts....
Edgy 3 v Jets 1
Magic 3 v Adamstown 1
Weston 3 v Lakes 1

Edgy 3 v Jets 0
Lambton 2 v Charlestown 2
Hamilton 2 v South Cardiff 0
Magic 5 v Adamstown 1
Weston 2 v Lakes 1

judge
31-03-2014, 04:34 PM
Edgy, Jaffas, Hamilton, Magic, Weston. You blokes are good tipping scores.
My thoughts....
Edgy 3 v Jets 1
Magic 3 v Adamstown 1
Weston 3 v Lakes 1

Bremsstrahlung
02-04-2014, 09:11 AM
Newcastle Herald - Northern NSW Football Season Predictions

ENTRY into the National Premier League will make Northern NSW Football’s 2014 elite competition one of the most interesting in recent times, but not necessarily the closest.

The player points system, introduced as part of the criteria for NPL inclusion, is designed to provide a level playing field, promote youth and loyalty and discourage outrageous player payments.

However, the introduction of the system, and the inflated first-year ceiling of 250 points, which that will drop to 230 next year, has created a mad grab to secure the best talent.

The Jaffas and Edgeworth have been the most impressive recruiters, while defending dual premiers Broadmeadow and arch rivals Hamilton have retained, then added wisely to, their strong rosters.

Below the top four should be a tight race between the Newcastle Jets Youth and familiar line-ups at Charlestown and Weston for the last finals spot.

Predictions are never easy (I tipped the Jaffas second-last in 2013) but here we go ...

LAMBTON JAFFAS

Last year: 2nd (losing grand finalist)

Bottom line: Expect goals galore from David Tanchevski’s team. The second-year Jaffas have an impressive list of recruits in ex-Jets youth league attackers Luke Remington, Kale Bradbery and Dino Fajkovic, as well as proven midfielders Peter McPherson (Lake Macquarie) and Alex Palozzi (Edgeworth). They join the likes John Majurovski and Jobe Wheelhouse to give Lambton a formidable midfield and front third. Question marks remain over their young defence, especially after the loss of club player of the year Matt Wilks (overseas), but the Jaffas still have the league’s best keeper in Danny Ireland.

Prediction: 1st

BROADMEADOW MAGIC

Last year: Major and minor premiers

Bottom line: Under new coach Glen Chapman, Magic will strive for four consecutive grand final wins with a familiar line-up. Murray Fletcher and former Adamstown captain Matt Paul have boosted the champions, who have lost Brady Parker (Coffs Harbour), Matt Comerford (Adamstown) and back-up keeper Jesse Cook (Jets Youth). Magic are packed with experience, class and strike power. The question is, can they hold off the big-spending challengers again?

Prediction: 2nd

EDGEWORTH EAGLES

Last year: 4th

Bottom line: With grand final hosting rights this season, the Eagles are going all out to be there on the final day. They have the only visa player, Spaniard Hector Mendez, and have lured Luke Walker and Jesse Krncevic, the son of former Socceroo Eddie Krncevic, from Victorian state league club Oakleigh. They have also recruited Bray Smith (Lake Macquarie), Adam Boulter (Charlestown), Josh Evans (Townsville), Cameron Hughes (Charlestown) and former Australian schoolboys rep Nic Pepper (Jets Youth). The only concerns for Edgeworth will be getting everyone they want under the cap.

Prediction: 3rd

HAMILTON OLYMPIC

Last year: 3rd

Bottom line: Olympic were a penalty shoot-out away from the decider last year and loom as genuine contenders again. After losing Matt Harper and Harry Maguire, who are both having a year off, coach Michael Bolch has snared James Monie, ex-Jets Youth rep Blake Green and Cody Lucas, from Valentine. Tough and experienced, Hamilton cannot be discounted.

Prediction: 4th

JETS YOUTH

Last year: 9th

Bottom line: Coach James Pascoe expects an improved performance from his side, which underperformed last season but has changed little since their club-best second-place finish in the National Youth League.

SQUAD: John Solari, Jesse Cook, Willis Nadfalusi, Tom Whiteside, Roman Hoffman, Ben Hay, Nick Cowburn, Michael Kantarovski, Michael Finlayson, Mitch Oxborrow, Brandon Lundy, Radovan Pavicevic, Andrew Pawiak, Reece Papas, Tom Walker, Josh Murray, Beau Macdonald, Liam O’Reilly.

Prediction: 5th

CHARLESTOWN CITY

Last year: 6th

Bottom line: Defence remains the big concern for the Blues under new coach Shane Pryce after their remarkable 51-50 goals for-and-against last season. Former West Wallsend captain Ben Hughes comes in but seasoned defenders remain thin on the ground. They have the highest-profile recruit in former A-League midfielder Troy Hearfield and their potent attack will keep them in games, but that may not be enough to challenge the big guns.

Prediction: 6th

WESTON BEARS

Last year: 5th

Bottom line: Long-serving South Cardiff coach Steve Piggott has taken over at the Bears, who have lost only retired captain Chris Cousins and midfielder Rob Macbeth. Connor Evans (Jaffas) is their main addition and has provided thrust up front in the pre-season. The key for Weston will be how they adapt under Piggott, who is keen to bring a possession game to Bear Park.

Prediction: 7th

SOUTH CARDIFF

Last year: 7th

Bottom line: The new second-chance saloon, South Cardiff have turned to the likes of Lee Ashton, Matt Darr and Sean Clerke to replace the Fajkovic brothers and central defender Phil Bures. Incoming coach Greg Asquith will also look to former Charlestown striker Mitch Wallace to lead the way up front, but Dino Fajkovic and Bures are big losses at either end for the Gunners.

Prediction: 8th

ADAMSTOWN ROSEBUD

Last year: First division major-minor premiers

Bottom line: The proud club will be focused on staying up after several season of struggle to return to the top division. Under former Maitland coach Anthony Richards, Rosebud have brought in nine players, including Abe Wheelhouse, Matthew Comerford and veteran Sean Matthews, but are light on star power. Richards’s goal is for Rosebud to be in the scrap for fifth place.

Prediction: 9th

LAKE MACQUARIE

Last year: 8th

Bottom line: The Roosters struggled on and off the season last year despite assembling an excellent side on paper. That line-up has all but disappeared amid financial hardships at Lakes, and coach Gary Rowe, who took over from Chris Turner in the final rounds last season, is relying on mostly reserve-grade talent from rival clubs this season. But Rowe said his young list is full of untapped potential and hungry to take their opportunity.

Prediction: 10th

pv4
02-04-2014, 10:23 AM

This is genuinely the one news article I look forward to reading each year. Love it! Don't they usually have Player Ins&Outs as its own thing though?

immersion
02-04-2014, 10:30 AM

Some what fair predictions. Almost impossible picking the league this year i think. I dont think there is all that much that interesting from that report. The only exception:

That piggot is looking to play a possession style of football at weston. He has never done this in his whole career that i have seen (well not very well IMO). Should be interesting to see how that turns out (if they actually try).

Cunning stunts
02-04-2014, 10:43 AM
Dont know what others rate him but i know that Alex read is returning to the area if any club has a interest

Premy
02-04-2014, 11:24 AM
Dont know what others rate him but i know that Alex read is returning to the area if any club has a interest
Would any Clubs in the NPL have CAP space for him at this late stage?
Maybe back to Phoenix for him, was he apart of Northern Fury's NPL squad this Season?

Cunning stunts
02-04-2014, 12:27 PM
yeah that is the biggest problem clubs would have.

and as far as i know i think he was.

The General
02-04-2014, 01:16 PM
Time will tell how accurate Mr Kerry is with his predictions. I think he got it pretty close... Sounds like Edgy have spent up to get ahead, but cant fit them all in?... Looks like the bottom three clubs have raided the lower grades/divisions (not that this is necessarily a bad thing). I think its funny. I too always eagerly await the predictions - he always gets it way wrong, I wonder if any of the bottom 3 are capable of doing what Lambton did last year??

Zeus
04-04-2014, 11:30 AM
Time will tell how accurate Mr Kerry is with his predictions. I think he got it pretty close... Sounds like Edgy have spent up to get ahead, but cant fit them all in?... Looks like the bottom three clubs have raided the lower grades/divisions (not that this is necessarily a bad thing). I think its funny. I too always eagerly await the predictions - he always gets it way wrong, I wonder if any of the bottom 3 are capable of doing what Lambton did last year??

I think anyone is capable of doing that. The thing teams like Lakes and Adamstown have on their side is young guys wanting to prove themselves, like Jaffas last year, Playing at 110% commitment levels and enthusiasm each week whilst some of the bigger clubs and players don't get up for it all the time.

I think its shaping up for a very tight comp which will be good. edge have some big name recruits along with Lambton and the already strong Magic and Olympic. I think you could toss a coin for anyone of these to come out on top.
Then you have dark horses in Charlestown who can win the comp just with their attack! adding Troy Hearfield they could be thrown into the mix with the top 4. Then who knows what the Jets youth will turn up with, which again could cause a lot of upsets for the top 4 clubs and have a say themselves. Weston had a great season last year in 5th, and could give the top 5 a shake again with a bit more quality they have added and a new coach.
Aot have people have written Sth Cardiff off, but they beat Olympic in the state cup so they could also be a top 5 team, whilst Adamstown and Lakes are the unknown.I know Pre season is nothing to go off but Lakes beat Magic 3-2 and Jaffas and Atown 0-0 so you never never know!
Exciting season I think. Looking forward to it.

Imyourhero
04-04-2014, 12:16 PM
Who is heading out to edgy tonight?

Zico
04-04-2014, 02:38 PM
Who is heading out to edgy tonight?
We have had a bit of rain so if Edgy run to form the match will be postponed.

namwob99
04-04-2014, 08:49 PM
Anybody watching this? http://www.nbntv.com.au/northennswfootballstream.html

front2
04-04-2014, 08:57 PM
The stream looks good considering the storm. Jets right in it.

eggball convert
04-04-2014, 08:58 PM
Yep, watching that with one eye and the Adelaide heart game with the other. Jebus they must've been well keen to get the first game of the season in. Looks well damp and a bit of lightning around as well.

BodyNovo
04-04-2014, 09:03 PM
Game just called off

Puddles at the end of the grounds can be compared to swimming pool, the puddle should be at hunter stadium tomorrow

Guiltykeep
04-04-2014, 09:04 PM
Game been called off at halftime

hawk
04-04-2014, 10:11 PM
wtf is going on with tha camera? losing play

The Magician
04-04-2014, 11:23 PM
Karma is a bitch

MFKS
05-04-2014, 12:35 AM
No kale

No member

ForeverRed
05-04-2014, 09:33 AM
Gunners v olympic is on today at olympic

Newy
05-04-2014, 11:08 AM

Go on the Gunners!

namwob99
05-04-2014, 11:49 AM
NPL on and ZL game after washed out. Lol

ForeverRed
05-04-2014, 12:06 PM
NPL on and ZL game after washed out. Lol
Sorry, not sure what this means

namwob99
05-04-2014, 12:40 PM
Means that they're playing the NPL games today but zone league games that were scheduled after it on darling street have been washed out.

newie4eva
05-04-2014, 01:45 PM
Go on the Gunners!

Agree. C'mon the Gunners 🔫🔫🔫

ForeverRed
05-04-2014, 02:07 PM
Means that they're playing the NPL games today but zone league games that were scheduled after it on darling street have been washed out.
Ok, not sure why, ground is dry as

Bang_Bang
05-04-2014, 03:16 PM

are they only doing this for 1 game each week?

Beast
05-04-2014, 04:12 PM
Southy v Olympic
19's 1 - 1
22's 2 - 1 Olympic

Newy
05-04-2014, 06:06 PM
Azzurri 3 Jaffas 1 in first grade.

Goody with a hat trick... My opinion Azzurri defo deserved the win... Young Bernie, and goody were standouts...

Palozzi sent off in last minute...

Ranch got his work cut out for him.. Sometimes a team full of names won't match the enthusiasm of other teams...

ForeverRed
05-04-2014, 06:22 PM
Gunners down 4.2, if swancott kicks another long ball that will be 200 for the day, poor footy all round

05-04-2014, 06:59 PM
Gunners down 4.2, if swancott kicks another long ball that will be 200 for the day, poor footy all round
from what i seen olympic were a far better side all round red

magician
05-04-2014, 07:45 PM

Yeah cause southy played the ball out all game haha..
Atleast swancott long balls go to Olympic players..
Olympic by far the superior team and the score line was not an indication of the match..should of been a lot more

ForeverRed
05-04-2014, 07:52 PM
Olympic by far the superior team and the score line was not an indication of the match..should of been a lot more

You are obviously are new to football, laughable, the whole game was a crock of shit,

Thomas477
05-04-2014, 09:16 PM
Local foz, delivering again :wub:

terryk
05-04-2014, 09:35 PM
What has happened to all the instantaneously updated web sites of Northern? Nothing updated on NPL site, nothing to update on Northern site. Has anybody seen anything on Northern Facebook site? I thought clubs would be under threat of fines if they didn't get results in in real time? Or maybe the clubs have provided scores but northern have been trying to get their Hyundai's unbogged from Jack McLaughlan oval since last night. What an absolute farce of an season launch. The idea they had making every team send representatives and team player for some stupid sprints does not make me feel good about the administration of the game. I have a distinct feeling Eland and Co are only interested in the super project at Lake Macquarie and everything else takes second fiddle. Im also disappointed with Northerns Board and their lack direction for our code. Probably the biggest thing at the moment is the blatant cheating of the PPS and lack of courage of Northern to properly administer the complaints made by many clubs primarily against Edgeworth and Jaffas. Blind freddy could see the point system has been manipulated and Northern had no appetite to lay down law as per their own rules and regs. Why don't they make public their findings as many other football federations do Australia wide, be transparent. An utter disgrace!

olympiakos
05-04-2014, 09:53 PM

Hamilton played the worst football i have seen. So much for keeping the ball on the ground. They have proven once again they will talk about playing "football" but it is obvious they will be doing what they have done for the last few years and that is an unattractive long ball game. They and their supporters will then come on this forum and and tell you till their blue in the face that they play attractive Brazilian style football. This is very typical of this club.

You are obviously are new to football, laughable, the whole game was a crock of shit,

+1. South Cardiff certainly didn't play as well as they could but they certainly showed some promise in very small glimpses. Funny thing is they attempted to play some possession style football and not from goalkeeper to striker EVERY ball. It could have very easily been mistaken for a game of AFL.

Pierre Essers
05-04-2014, 09:53 PM

Red tinted glasses...nfi.

The Magician
05-04-2014, 09:56 PM
Who was playing up front and midfield for Jaff Jaffs?

wannabe
05-04-2014, 10:30 PM
Hamilton played the worst football i have seen. So much for keeping the ball on the ground. They have proven once again they will talk about playing "football" but it is obvious they will be doing what they have done for the last few years and that is an unattractive long ball game. They and their supporters will then come on this forum and and tell you till their blue in the face that they play attractive Brazilian style football. This is very typical of this club.

+1. South Cardiff certainly didn't play as well as they could but they certainly showed some promise in very small glimpses. Funny thing is they attempted to play some possession style football and not from goalkeeper to striker EVERY ball. It could have very easily been mistaken for a game of AFL.

Great first post.southy showed some promise in very small glimpses. what a f#*&ing quote.Are you a multi of FR? What game were you watching,olympic should have won by 5 and southy were terrible in VERY LONG GLIMPSES. Can you show me any quotes of anyone from Olympic touting playing Brazilian style football,Laughable. Olympic do play direct and physical football but it seemed to work today. Here is a tip OLYMPIAKOS(great name to come on first post bagging Olympic) there are many ways to play football,not just Brazilian style and today Olympic took 3 points. Can you tell me what style of football southy were trying to play???

MFKS
05-04-2014, 11:07 PM

Wasn't I denounced for saying these two teams play shit hoof ball shit a year or so back??

Seeing the light now FR:pissup::roflz:

Marcus North
06-04-2014, 12:40 AM

Hi guys. Now that I'm retired I'm keen to spend a lot more time learning the 'beautiful game' as you call it.
Call me naive but if Olympic kept kicking all those 'long balls' why the **** didn't Sth Cardiff just defend it better?

hawk
06-04-2014, 12:48 AM
let not anyone criticise whose game is the best in this supposed national tier comp. yes there'll be long ball vs tika t but winners are the grinners.

Marcus North
06-04-2014, 12:53 AM
let not anyone criticise whose game is the best in this supposed national tier comp. yes there'll be long ball vs tika t but winners are the grinners.

You probably cheered Trevor Chappell against the Kiwis didn't you.

olympiakos
06-04-2014, 11:01 AM
Great first post.southy showed some promise in very small glimpses. what a f#*&ing quote.Are you a multi of FR? What game were you watching,olympic should have won by 5 and southy were terrible in VERY LONG GLIMPSES. Can you show me any quotes of anyone from Olympic touting playing Brazilian style football,Laughable. Olympic do play direct and physical football but it seemed to work today. Here is a tip OLYMPIAKOS(great name to come on first post bagging Olympic) there are many ways to play football,not just Brazilian style and today Olympic took 3 points. Can you tell me what style of football southy were trying to play???

Just my honest opinion. You think what you like of the game. Thats how i seen it and thats my take on it. If SC played so badly they wouldn't have got two great goals in. Exactly laughable is the idea that hamilton play the ball on the ground and some sort of possession style football. Whats my name got to do with it... Hard for Southy to play anything other than the crap i witnessed hamilton playing. I hope this is the last we see of this terrible and crowd demoting style of play in this competition.

olympiakos
06-04-2014, 11:11 AM

If i remember correctly hamilton weren't smiling when they played their gf against magic two years ago. So much for their direct aggressive long ball game on that day.

Hi guys. Now that I'm retired I'm keen to spend a lot more time learning the 'beautiful game' as you call it.
Call me naive but if Olympic kept kicking all those 'long balls' why the **** didn't Sth Cardiff just defend it better?

If your interested in learning the beautiful game then don't bother going to darling street. Nothing beautiful lives there.

Zico
06-04-2014, 11:24 AM
I love watching great football being played as much as anybody and being a magic fan I have a friendly dislike of Olympic but if this style suits the players at the club and the results are coming from this style then why not play the style? We are forgeting that we play in a promotion/relegation comp that is results driven so if it works for Olympic then why change it?

olympiakos
06-04-2014, 12:25 PM
I love watching great football being played as much as anybody and being a magic fan I have a friendly dislike of Olympic but if this style suits the players at the club and the results are coming from this style then why not play the style? We are forgeting that we play in a promotion/relegation comp that is results driven so if it works for Olympic then why change it?

It can harley be considered promotion relegation when your handed a three year licence.

wannabe
06-04-2014, 12:39 PM
Just my honest opinion. You think what you like of the game. Thats how i seen it and thats my take on it. If SC played so badly they wouldn't have got two great goals in. Exactly laughable is the idea that hamilton play the ball on the ground and some sort of possession style football. Whats my name got to do with it... Hard for Southy to play anything other than the crap i witnessed hamilton playing. I hope this is the last we see of this terrible and crowd demoting style of play in this competition.
So if we use your simplified logic,"if SC played so badly they wouldn't have got 2 great goals in",and OLYMPIC scored 4 great goals does this mean that Olympic played twice as good as southy? How is it hard for southy to play any differently from the crap you witnessed Hamilton play,do they not have their own style? If Barcelona play milwall do they play the same crap as millwall,no disrespect to millwall here? Crowd demoting? I can guarantee you Olympic will be happy with their 3 points this morning and there will be plenty of people at their next home game,but they are probably just there to get a delicious chicken shnitty. If you are a true southy supporter I would be more concerned about how your team is travelling and how they play,if Olympic did play the long ball all day it should be the easiest thing to defend against but that second goal I saw Olympic score yesterday was farcicle at best. A DELIGHTFUL long ball from swancott that both your high sitting centre halfs missed,your keeper races out of his 18 and the new Olympic striker controls the ball and lobs it into an empty net,PLEASE. If this is how southy defend every club in the comp should be knocking long balls against them,jarryd Johnson at centre back ,Laughable. Please put some thought into your next post.Every team plays the game differently olympiakos,open your eyes mate.

jets04
06-04-2014, 12:46 PM
It can harley be considered promotion relegation when your handed a three year licence.

Obviously no idea what your talking about. The license simply means that they are able to play in the NPL, there is still promotion and relegation depending on who wins NEWFM. Correct me if I am wrong someone but weren't all NEWFM clubs invited to apply for licences as well? With some clubs being granted licences therefore if they win NEWFM they gain promotion?

Zico
06-04-2014, 01:10 PM
Obviously no idea what your talking about. The license simply means that they are able to play in the NPL, there is still promotion and relegation depending on who wins NEWFM. Correct me if I am wrong someone but weren't all NEWFM clubs invited to apply for licences as well? With some clubs being granted licences therefore if they win NEWFM they gain promotion?
Spot on. If Valentine or Maitland win the comp they will be promoted.

wannabe
06-04-2014, 01:36 PM

Another incorrect post,come on olmpiakos learn about the game and our competition before posting

Zico
06-04-2014, 02:02 PM
Adamstown v Magic off.
Is there any other games besides Weston v Lakes going ahead?

ForeverRed
06-04-2014, 02:42 PM
Suburbs and suns are on

Imyourhero
06-04-2014, 06:03 PM
weston 3- lakes 1 in 1sts

MFKS
11-04-2014, 05:19 PM
Rightio some one has let me off the leash this weekend. Who is playing who and where and when??

Imyourhero
11-04-2014, 05:47 PM
since you are seemingly a magic fan boy. Magic v Weston sunday @ 2:45 for 1sts

judge
11-04-2014, 06:39 PM
jets youth vs adamstown 2.45 saturday, rest 2.45 sunday azzuri vs olympic, lakes vs jaffas, southy vs edgy, magic vs weston home teams first. tips jets, azzuri, jaffas, draw, magic
Rightio some one has let me off the leash this weekend. Who is playing who and where and when??

MFKS
11-04-2014, 06:43 PM
since you are seemingly a magic fan boy. Magic v Weston sunday @ 2:45 for 1sts

???

I am confused as shit by this???

You got me mistaken for someone else??

Imyourhero
11-04-2014, 08:56 PM
Hahaha! love it! Nah but jets youth play satty unless you hate them now that Kale has gone.

MFKS
12-04-2014, 07:30 PM
Jets Yoof 5
Adamstown 1

Both teams average to say the least.

Could have been about 14-6 if either team had composure and finishing ability.

Judging by Adamstowns efforts it is gonna be long year for them.

Far too many blokes who don't look like they are good enough for NBN in the side. If the Jets were any better they could have been flogged

Thomas477
12-04-2014, 08:03 PM
Did Abe play MFKS?

fresh
12-04-2014, 08:03 PM
bring on maitland up next season hopefully. nothing against valo. Just think theres to many teams to close together location wise in nbn at the moment . Be good to have maitland represented.

MFKS
12-04-2014, 09:45 PM
Did Abe play MFKS?

Yep hit crossbar from for with Solari doing a Damn fine bk impression

Thomas477
12-04-2014, 11:38 PM

Cheers. Good to see the future of our gk stocks is secure.....

Zico
12-04-2014, 11:47 PM

Cheers. Good to see the future of our gk stocks is secure.....
To this blokes credit, he did make a couple of fantastic saves last Friday night v Edgy before the rain ended the game.

john
13-04-2014, 12:06 PM
South Cardiff fans complaining about Hamilton playing the football...what has the world come 2 and what have they been watching in their own backyard for the last 15 years. Ill be dammed

john
13-04-2014, 12:07 PM
sorry playing long ball football

Thomas477
13-04-2014, 02:06 PM
To this blokes credit, he did make a couple of fantastic saves last Friday night v Edgy before the rain ended the game.

Fair enough then, I didn't catch that game.

halo se7en
13-04-2014, 04:38 PM
0-0 at HT between Olympic & Charlestown. Olympic definitely love the long ball and it's not doing them much good. Both sides had a goal disallowed for offside but I'm not sure if either call was right. I'm thinking this will finish 1-0 to the Blues.

MFKS
13-04-2014, 04:50 PM
Made a couple of good saves yesterday too.

****ed up a few crosses though and his footwork was non existent for the direct free kick that Wheelhouse took

ie Could now start to believe BK and co are actually coached to stand there and watch it sail in

Thomas477
13-04-2014, 05:32 PM
ie Could now start to believe BK and co are actually coached to stand there and watch it sail in

Well according to some thats better than actually trying to make the save if they don't reckon they can get to it.

Jaffas up 3-0, Maj with 2 and Kale with 1. Seems like the team is starting to gel…..

halo se7en
13-04-2014, 05:42 PM
0-0 at HT between Olympic & Charlestown. Olympic definitely love the long ball and it's not doing them much good. Both sides had a goal disallowed for offside but I'm not sure if either call was right. I'm thinking this will finish 1-0 to the Blues.

Finished 0-0. Olympic played it on the deck more in the 2nd but both teams were pretty woeful. Hopefully the standard is better next time I go to a game. On a side note, ****ing lol @ hearfield - how that hack ever got an a-league contract is beyond me.

Socceraust
13-04-2014, 05:52 PM
Anyone havethe South Cardiff v Edgeworth FT and HT results please

Imyourhero
13-04-2014, 06:00 PM
weston 0- magic 0 in 1sts

Jardelsimage
13-04-2014, 06:02 PM
Anyone havethe South Cardiff v Edgeworth FT and HT results please
hear it was 0-0

Socceraust
13-04-2014, 06:13 PM
All results here

http://t.co/K84vHbWWxv

magician
13-04-2014, 06:46 PM
Finished 0-0. Olympic played it on the deck more in the 2nd but both teams were pretty woeful. Hopefully the standard is better next time I go to a game. On a side note, ****ing lol @ hearfield - how that hack ever got an a-league contract is beyond me.
After watching that I want my money back.. Was a horrible game and I wouldn't bother watching it online..
The ref was discraceful and made the game even worse

halo se7en
13-04-2014, 06:50 PM
After watching that I want my money back.. Was a horrible game and I wouldn't bother watching it online..
The ref was discraceful and made the game even worse

Glad I'm not the only one who thought that.

ForeverRed
13-04-2014, 07:23 PM
Gunners hit the cross bar 3 times, every player out there today would know they have been in a match, very phydical, but fair game, some good footy played by both teams maybe gunners more deserved winners if any, still not sure whose coaching edgy, they have a cast of thousands

immersion
13-04-2014, 10:13 PM
Gunners hit the cross bar 3 times, every player out there today would know they have been in a match, very phydical, but fair game, some good footy played by both teams maybe gunners more deserved winners if any, still not sure whose coaching edgy, they have a cast of thousands

Thanks for the concise report of the game. I thought this would be the pick of the matches this weekend. Usually good matched between these 2. I was disappointed with the quality of the game to be honest. Thought the quality was lacking on both sides.

Fingers Jarrod Johnson isn't going to be out for to long, because surely he has broken his foot after all the long balls knocked today. Swancott would have been impressed.

BP Super Dynamos
13-04-2014, 10:21 PM
Magic v Weston finished 0-0. A very entertaining match with Weston having the better of possession and chances. Bowlo made some fantastic saves to earn Magic a point, whilst Haynes, Berlin etc could only muster a few half chances from distance. Piggo should've been disappointed to only come away with a point after his side showed great intensity to shut down Magic and then continually push forward and create chances

ForeverRed
14-04-2014, 08:03 AM
Thanks for the concise report of the game. I thought this would be the pick of the matches this weekend. Usually good matched between these 2. I was disappointed with the quality of the game to be honest. Thought the quality was lacking on both sides.

Fingers Jarrod Johnson isn't going to be out for to long, because surely he has broken his foot after all the long balls knocked today. Swancott would have been impressed.
Considering edgeworth a suppose to be a you beaut team I the gunners did well and outplayed them in the last 20, not sure what game you were watching

immersion
14-04-2014, 09:23 AM
Considering edgeworth a suppose to be a you beaut team I the gunners did well and outplayed them in the last 20, not sure what game you were watching

Football is a game of opinions, rarely do people agree. But i agree with the last 20 min, Gunners probably slightly on top. Southy played a lot of long ball. Also thought the southy keeper was lucky to stay on the pitch. After cleaning up that player just off the ball which i think we will both agree was a obvious yellow. Then he was somewhat fortunate to stay on after putting that edgeworth player in a head lock on the goal line, whilst the edgeworth player was on the ground.

Zico
14-04-2014, 10:54 AM
I'm not sure if amybody else has noticed this but I think it's a good move on the referees part that they have not been so quick to produce cards. It was starting to be real problem a couple of seasons ago with ref's carding for anything slightly outside the rules but now there appears to be a real resistance to pull the cards.

I don't praise refs often but on this subject I will.

immersion
14-04-2014, 11:04 AM
I'm not sure if amybody else has noticed this but I think it's a good move on the referees part that they have not been so quick to produce cards. It was starting to be real problem a couple of seasons ago with ref's carding for anything slightly outside the rules but now there appears to be a real resistance to pull the cards.

i tend to agree still early days in the comp. But refs seem to using better judgement for cards IMO. Also the gunners keeper may have had a chance to be sent of yesterday. I suppose it is up to the decision of the ref on the day. Though sending him off would have ruined the game. And probably decided the game.

Lets hope this slightly new style of refereeing sticks.

cobra23
14-04-2014, 11:56 AM

i watched magic v weston yesterday, and agree zico. Andrew Digby refereed the game well yesterday. there were a few hard collisions, tackles etc that were let go , the ones that got carded for i agreed with...

ForeverRed
14-04-2014, 12:06 PM
Football is a game of opinions, rarely do people agree. But i agree with the last 20 min, Gunners probably slightly on top. Southy played a lot of long ball. Also thought the southy keeper was lucky to stay on the pitch. After cleaning up that player just off the ball which i think we will both agree was a obvious yellow. Then he was somewhat fortunate to stay on after putting that edgeworth player in a head lock on the goal line, whilst the edgeworth player was on the ground.
He had a good reason to put him in a head lock after he went through him like a steam train from a corner, cheap shot I called it

immersion
14-04-2014, 12:21 PM
He had a good reason to put him in a head lock after he went through him like a steam train from a corner, cheap shot I called it

must of been a good cheap shot considering the edgeworth player had to come off due to blood.

namwob99
14-04-2014, 12:31 PM

And the old saying is '2 wrongs make a right' yeah? Lol

Imyourhero
15-04-2014, 08:44 PM
any washouts being played next few nights?

NewyTy
15-04-2014, 08:52 PM
Adamstown v Magic 1st grade tomorrow night. 22's and 19's on Thursday.

ForeverRed
16-04-2014, 03:49 PM
Adamstown v magic off tonight

Imyourhero
17-04-2014, 12:04 PM
Have heard jaffas vs weston 19s/22s called off for friday yesterday and 1sts to be decided by lunchtime today. Drainage must be poor out at jaffas for them to called something 48 and 24 hours beforehand.

cobra23
17-04-2014, 01:37 PM
Have heard jaffas vs weston 19s/22s called off for friday yesterday and 1sts to be decided by lunchtime today. Drainage must be poor out at jaffas for them to called something 48 and 24 hours beforehand.

ForeverRed
17-04-2014, 02:25 PM
Maybe have players unavalable being Easter, Byron blues feat, if your ground isn't playable after 2 days sunshine, surely I smell a rat

shark attack
17-04-2014, 02:54 PM
Maybe have players unavalable being Easter, Byron blues feat, if your ground isn't playable after 2 days sunshine, surely I smell a rat

what happened to the good old days when the ref made the decision on weather the grounds are right to go , excluding the council that say the grounds are closed if that is the case.

Imyourhero
17-04-2014, 04:24 PM
pretty embarrassing for Lambton

goaliepersempre
17-04-2014, 06:11 PM

Oh the good olde Lambton Conspiracy Theory!!!!!!!!!!

The Magician
17-04-2014, 06:13 PM
Oh the good olde Lambton Conspiracy Theory!!!!!!!!!!

Honestly!!! They haven't been told how to adjust the sprinkler program!!!

Thomas477
17-04-2014, 07:35 PM
Anyone else reckon the ground could still be a bit damp, while playable for all three grades, the lambton management decided they didn't want to chop the pitch up for 1st grade? Not unlike Olympic canning their ZL2 games at darling st, while still playing the NBN games on the same day?

But why should we let common sense get in the way of a good conspiracy theory? And FR, maybe you should approach them with better drain designs?

MFKS
17-04-2014, 07:51 PM
But why should we let common sense get in the way of a good conspiracy theory? And FR, maybe you should approach them with better drain designs?:roflz:

olympiakos
17-04-2014, 08:20 PM
Anyone else reckon the ground could still be a bit damp, while playable for all three grades, the lambton management decided they didn't want to chop the pitch up for 1st grade? Not unlike Olympic canning their ZL2 games at darling st, while still playing the NBN games on the same day?

But why should we let common sense get in the way of a good conspiracy theory? And FR, maybe you should approach them with better drain designs?

I hear somebody has been stuffing rags in the main drain lines... Probably Tanch

olympiakos
17-04-2014, 08:25 PM

Southy drainage fantastic thanks... and spectator facilities. Who cares about ZL2...

The pitch will be fine at darling street this year, the ball won't touch the ground apart from a burn mark under swanny's feet...

Thomas477
17-04-2014, 08:42 PM
I'll also throw in the fact that Lambton are hosting another 3 games next Friday, so if they chop up the pitch, it doesn't give a lot of time for it to be repaired.

Imyourhero
17-04-2014, 09:06 PM
heard there is other juniors due to play there on weekend which haven't been called off?

Bremsstrahlung
17-04-2014, 09:16 PM
heard there is other juniors due to play there on weekend which haven't been called off?

Even more reason for the game to be called off. After having all those juniors on it, it won't be in good nick.

Thomas477
17-04-2014, 09:17 PM

On Saturday, yes. But that doesn't affect the 1st Grade NBN game, so I don't see the issue.

Imyourhero
17-04-2014, 09:32 PM
if juniors can play on the weekend why cant all 3 grades play tomorrow. 48hrs worth of sunshine should sufficiently have dried it out? or is jaffas field that poor?

Thomas477
17-04-2014, 10:01 PM
if juniors can play on the weekend why cant all 3 grades play tomorrow. 48hrs worth of sunshine should sufficiently have dried it out? or is jaffas field that poor?

Or maybe they going to ensure that 1st grade gets played, see how the pitch holds up after that, then make a decision on the juniors the next morning?

Imyourhero
17-04-2014, 10:46 PM
any other games on tomorrow?

wannabe
18-04-2014, 12:07 AM

how is it anything like Olympic,olympic played there 3 npl games didn't they?

wannabe
18-04-2014, 12:09 AM
[QUOTE=Thomas477;75832]I'll also throw in the fact that Lambton are hosting another 3 games next Friday, so if they chop up the pitch, it doesn't give a lot of time for it to be repaired.[/QUOTE
so now we are saving the ground for next week? just a query Thomas but what happens if we get another couple of mil of rain next week,does it get called off on wed again?

Zico
18-04-2014, 12:14 AM
These Jaffa's pathetic excuses are giving me the shits.

seldom
18-04-2014, 12:22 AM
These Jaffa's pathetic excuses are giving me the shits.

Probs their biggest downfall tbh

Thomas477
18-04-2014, 12:52 AM
so now we are saving the ground for next week? just a query Thomas but what happens if we get another couple of mil of rain next week,does it get called off on wed again?

Firstly, Olympic played their NPL games earlier in the day, and were then scheduled to host 2x ZL2 games afterwards on the same day. The ZL2 games were postponed, while the NPL games went ahead, clearly to ensure the pitch didn't get chopped up. All I was saying was that it's better to can 2 games now, as Olympic did with their ZL2 side, so that the other 4 games including 2 1st grade games will go ahead. And besides, it's only 2 grades FFS, 1st grade is still going ahead, what's the issue? Could their drainage be better? Probably, according to FR, but where's the money coming from? The pitch is up to NNSWF standard, so there's no incentive to renovate it. Some grounds were still quite wet on Wednesday night. Kurraka Oval was still very soft underfoot and that's on top of a hill! All depends on the geological profile of the ground.

And seriously, do you reckon the Lambton committee is happy that they would be losing the income they would get from playing all 3 grades on the same day? Seems to me that match day income is one of the big money spinners for NBN clubs and losing it isn't ideal. But hey, if the conspiracy theories make you guys feel good about yourselves, by all means continue.

MFKS
18-04-2014, 12:54 AM
Jaffas though are providing the burns to to a fair few of you.

Their success has seen you jealous types get badly burned thanks to your envy and insecurities.

What bothers you??

That they are a well run club or that they may knock other clubs down a notch or two in the pecking order as they ascend past underachieving clubs????

ForeverRed
18-04-2014, 08:06 AM
Firstly, Olympic played their NPL games earlier in the day, and were then scheduled to host 2x ZL2 games afterwards on the same day. The ZL2 games were postponed, while the NPL games went ahead, clearly to ensure the pitch didn't get chopped up. All I was saying was that it's better to can 2 games now, as Olympic did with their ZL2 side, so that the other 4 games including 2 1st grade games will go ahead. And besides, it's only 2 grades FFS, 1st grade is still going ahead, what's the issue? Could their drainage be better? Probably, according to FR, but where's the money coming from? The pitch is up to NNSWF standard, so there's no incentive to renovate it. Some grounds were still quite wet on Wednesday night. Kurraka Oval was still very soft underfoot and that's on top of a hill! All depends on the geological profile of the ground.

And seriously, do you reckon the Lambton committee is happy that they would be losing the income they would get from playing all 3 grades on the same day? Seems to me that match day income is one of the big money spinners for NBN clubs and losing it isn't ideal. But hey, if the conspiracy theories make you guys feel good about yourselves, by all means continue.
Sorry Thomas, but if you read my post there is no mention of drainage, your apology is accepted 😄

Thomas477
18-04-2014, 11:56 AM
Sorry Thomas, but if you read my post there is no mention of drainage, your apology is accepted ��

Wasn't referencing your last post, more the well known fact that you're the foz's drainage expert. :lulz:

Imyourhero
18-04-2014, 12:05 PM
Reality is its not good enough for NPL. End of story.

Thomas477
18-04-2014, 12:49 PM
Reality is its not good enough for NPL. End of story.

In who's opinion? Yours or NNSWF? Yours doesn't count, NNSWF's does. If they believe it's acceptable, which they do, otherwise they wouldn't have let them play any games on it. End of story.

Imyourhero
18-04-2014, 12:52 PM
hahaha calm down big man. You've been pretty opinionated in the last few posts considering yours doesn't count.

wannabe
18-04-2014, 02:20 PM
such a glorious day outside for only one game of football,laughable to call two grades off on wed then have two days of sunshine

MFKS
18-04-2014, 02:30 PM
So I take it firsts is on KO at 2:30pm???

wannabe
18-04-2014, 02:44 PM
So I take it firsts is on KO at 2:30pm???

3.30pm mate

ForeverRed
18-04-2014, 02:46 PM
It was meant to be 4.30 but guess what, their lights don't work

wannabe
18-04-2014, 03:03 PM
It was meant to be 4.30 but guess what, their lights don't work

so how do they replay the washouts FR

ForeverRed
18-04-2014, 03:30 PM
No idea, they maybe fixed by then, just going of an email from norther in regards to change of time and reason why

MFKS
18-04-2014, 04:42 PM
15 mins in 1-0 Weston

MFKS
18-04-2014, 05:19 PM
1~0 Weston ht

Lot of blokes for jaffas not doing much running

Weston working harder and deserve lead

Thomas477
18-04-2014, 06:40 PM
Finished 2-1 to Weston.

Jobe scored a screamer from the edge of the 18. Agree with the member, not a whole lot of running by Lambton. That being said, the left back for Weston should have been sent off around the 70th min. Hacks Kale, I think, from behind and gets a fair yellow. Does exactly the same thing 2 minutes later and didn't get his marching orders. The ref didn't have his best day.

Weston's first was from a corner that sucked Ireland too far past his back post couldn't get a good touch on it, fell to the deck, Weston bloke chips it to the back post who headed it in. Very scrappy. Weston's second was a pen, which looked fair where I was standing.

Kalemeter was around a 2-3 tbh, and the pitch was very soft, could understand why they called off the 2 other games. The eastern side seemed wet still and the ball wasn't bouncing, so there has to be some issues there. I believe that's the same spot as last year's issues pre-round 1?

MFKS
18-04-2014, 07:11 PM
The second hack was a cast iron send off

How the bloke never got a yellow even if the ref was feeling generous beats me

Dive in studs up in an aggressive manner fmd

Wasn't the dumbest thing I seen what the **** was that jaffas player thinking diving in to give the pen??? The bloke was long odds to do anything and it was a cast iron time to jockey not get on the floor and try to make a miracle tackle

Newsfeed
18-04-2014, 07:12 PM
Weston a dark horse this year?

ForeverRed
18-04-2014, 07:17 PM
Thought it was a poor game in boggy conditions, what's doin with the Jaffas they didn't offer much

Thomas477
18-04-2014, 07:23 PM
Thought it was a poor game in boggy conditions, what's doin with the Jaffas they didn't offer much

Not wrong, and it just seemed that they didn't want to be there tbh. Only Maj and Ireland seems to be trying.

ForeverRed
18-04-2014, 07:29 PM
They showed some glimpses of quality but that only comes through hard work, something that didn't happen much today