PDA

View Full Version : 2014 National Premier League

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

The Baby Piglet
15-10-2013, 02:56 PM
Thought id jump in and create the new thread for next year. Hopefully an exciting new year ahead with the introduction of NPL and new points system, will be very interesting to see how everything pans out.

Can anyone confirm all new coaching appointments for the forth coming season ?

Imyourhero
15-10-2013, 03:21 PM
another interesting question is how are each club going to handle the points system? Surely alot of the clubs will be vastly different to last yeat as they change their squads to fit in.

ForeverRed
15-10-2013, 06:38 PM
with the points set at 250 for each club there shouldn't be to many concerns next season, its the following year when the points system gradually rolls back is when some clubs will regret not promoting their youth, cant believe some of the dollar figures being floated around at some clubs during the silly season.

Zico
15-10-2013, 06:42 PM
Can the Jaffas sustain the amounts of money being suggested for player payments will be the biggest question. First thing that comes to mind is what happened to Lakes when they did the same thing after being promoted.

MFKS
15-10-2013, 10:04 PM
with the points set at 250 for each club there shouldn't be to many concerns next season, its the following year when the points system gradually rolls back is when some clubs will regret not promoting their youth, cant believe some of the dollar figures being floated around at some clubs during the silly season.

Thought someone bought up the stats somewhere where Weston were already well under 200 most of them were floating around 210-230 and in a good position to get under without much heartache and Edgy and Phoenix had a lot of work to do?? With Phoenix gone the only one left is Edgy with a lot of work to do.

The rest of them should be fine

curious_fan
15-10-2013, 10:12 PM
Can the Jaffas sustain the amounts of money being suggested for player payments will be the biggest question. First thing that comes to mind is what happened to Lakes when they did the same thing after being promoted.

The Jaffas do have some good business knowledge on their board and some very close links between club and a number of their major sponsors and a good network with the past players.

That's no reflection on what occurred at Lakes, just that the work off the field with the Jaffas appears to have a high level of professionalism and planning to it, short term and longer term.

wannabe
15-10-2013, 11:54 PM
Thought id jump in and create the new thread for next year. Hopefully an exciting new year ahead with the introduction of NPL and new points system, will be very interesting to see how everything pans out.

Can anyone confirm all new coaching appointments for the forth coming season ?

Magic-Glen Chapman
Jaffas-Dave Tanchevski
Olympic-Mick Bolch
Weston-Steve Piggott
Edgeworth-Gary Wilson
Azzurri-Shane Pryce
Southy-Greg Asquith
Lakes-Gary Rowe
Adamstown-Anthony Richards
Jets-Zane/Deans

Imyourhero
15-10-2013, 11:59 PM
My very early projected final standings.
Magic
Edgeworth
Olympic
Jaffas
Weston
Azzuri
Southy
Jets
Lakes
Adamstown

The Baby Piglet
16-10-2013, 12:03 PM
Very early for projected final standing..... i dare say between now and Jan there will still be a bit of player movement and finalising squads.... Im very interest in the fact we have 5 new 1st grade coaches... Personally I'm quite happy to see some new blood, rather then just the same coaches rotating around.... Hopefully this new guys bring something new to the league

immersion
16-10-2013, 12:15 PM
My very early projected final standings.
Magic
Edgeworth
Olympic
Jaffas
Weston
Azzuri
Southy
Jets
Lakes
Adamstown

Interesting selection. Seems like a fair estimation at this stage. Lakes have lost a lot of players with retirements. Edgeworth i think have also lost a fair few players as well, they will have to look into their "mill" of money to attract some players i think. No way am i going to have a stab with clubs offering stupid money around to players. Seems there could be a fair few change to club team sheets.

wannabe
16-10-2013, 02:20 PM
Interesting selection. Seems like a fair estimation at this stage. Lakes have lost a lot of players with retirements. Edgeworth i think have also lost a fair few players as well, they will have to look into their "mill" of money to attract some players i think. No way am i going to have a stab with clubs offering stupid money around to players. Seems there could be a fair few change to club team sheets.
Think you will find only one club throwing stupid money around immersion,JAFFAS. It will be hard for Tanchevski to keep them all happy. Who will miss out in midfield. They have JOBE,abe,MACPHERSON,Remington,Connor Evans,Dennis FAJKOVIC and bogo

seldom
16-10-2013, 03:28 PM
heard connor evans was goin to weston-dennis faj probs play FB

wannabe
16-10-2013, 03:59 PM
heard connor evans was goin to weston-dennis faj probs play FB

Surely Tom smart and sessions will be the fullbacks

Thomas477
16-10-2013, 05:55 PM
Think you will find only one club throwing stupid money around immersion,JAFFAS. It will be hard for Tanchevski to keep them all happy. Who will miss out in midfield. They have JOBE,abe,MACPHERSON,Remington,Connor Evans,Dennis FAJKOVIC and bogo

What is your definition of stupid? Unsustainable? If so, who are you to comment on a club's financial situation without knowing the books yourself? Have you seen the total amount of sponsorships, gate fares and canteen income? Maybe it is sustainable for them to spend x dollars on players while for another club it may not be, such as Magic spending a lot on Wanderers to make it the best possible, for another club that may also stupid amount of money. It's all perspective.

In short, don't make accusations without knowing the full details otherwise you make yourself look the fool.

As for the squad, as strange as it may sound, maybe Tachevski will actually want there to be depth and competition for positions in his team, as opposed to the first XI being set and having a thin squad of proven 1st graders.....

Also, well done, 11 posts in and there's already someone having a to at specific clubs. FFS.

wannabe
16-10-2013, 08:44 PM
What is your definition of stupid? Unsustainable? If so, who are you to comment on a club's financial situation without knowing the books yourself? Have you seen the total amount of sponsorships, gate fares and canteen income? Maybe it is sustainable for them to spend x dollars on players while for another club it may not be, such as Magic spending a lot on Wanderers to make it the best possible, for another club that may also stupid amount of money. It's all perspective.

In short, don't make accusations without knowing the full details otherwise you make yourself look the fool.

As for the squad, as strange as it may sound, maybe Tachevski will actually want there to be depth and competition for positions in his team, as opposed to the first XI being set and having a thin squad of proven 1st graders.....

Also, well done, 11 posts in and there's already someone having a to at specific clubs. FFS.

I am not calling JAFFAS stupid Thomas. I just said they are spending stupid amounts of money. I never commented on their financial situation or their sustainability. If they have loads of money to spend , good on them.my concern was more that it greatly inflates the player market

Thomas477
16-10-2013, 10:05 PM
I am not calling JAFFAS stupid Thomas. I just said they are spending stupid amounts of money. I never commented on their financial situation or their sustainability. If they have loads of money to spend , good on them.my concern was more that it greatly inflates the player market

Where did I say you called them stupid? All I asked was what was your definition of stupid? I also pointed out that it's hardly "stupid" amounts of money if they can financially sustain it and that any comments calling it stupid without seeing the books is not worth it. As for the players, why should it be an issue with players being paid more? All I can see it doing is allowing financially sound clubs attracting the better players, not too different from what it is ATM.

curious_fan
17-10-2013, 11:09 AM
Very early for projected final standing..... i dare say between now and Jan there will still be a bit of player movement and finalising squads....

With this season having the buffer of additional points being allowed I think your right as teams may be willing to do a little more trading with the next 2-3 years in mind than perhaps normally occurs.

If your a coach and your looking across your ranks and you have say 3 first grade players who may retire from NPL in the coming 1-2 seasons you would be looking at taking the transfer penalty points now while you have the extra points available. Similar for players looking, it is going to be easier to convince a coach to take you now than next season when those extra 8 points for a transfer player become more valuable.

My only concern about the player points is that it will push the "horse trading" in players down to the 17's ages where clubs will be trying to second guess players futures and move them between clubs so the club gains maximum potential from the player if he does progress into senior grades.

chocolate soldier
17-10-2013, 12:29 PM
With this season having the buffer of additional points being allowed I think your right as teams may be willing to do a little more trading with the next 2-3 years in mind than perhaps normally occurs.

If your a coach and your looking across your ranks and you have say 3 first grade players who may retire from NPL in the coming 1-2 seasons you would be looking at taking the transfer penalty points now while you have the extra points available. Similar for players looking, it is going to be easier to convince a coach to take you now than next season when those extra 8 points for a transfer player become more valuable.

My only concern about the player points is that it will push the "horse trading" in players down to the 17's ages where clubs will be trying to second guess players futures and move them between clubs so the club gains maximum potential from the player if he does progress into senior grades.

so it is definitely 8 points per transfer this season yeah?

Newy
17-10-2013, 05:42 PM
Matty Comerford signs for buds.... But they lose Josh Costillo to Maitland

curious_fan
17-10-2013, 06:54 PM
so it is definitely 8 points per transfer this season yeah?

The last copy of the NPL I have has a Switching Player: Players who have switched clubs from the preceding season and are in the First Team squad. Applies to any club not just NPL.

+8 Added points if a player switches clubs and played >5 games
+4 Added points if less played <5 game

immersion
21-10-2013, 10:07 AM
The last copy of the NPL I have has a Switching Player: Players who have switched clubs from the preceding season and are in the First Team squad. Applies to any club not just NPL.

+8 Added points if a player switches clubs and played >5 games
+4 Added points if less played <5 game

Thanks Curious Fan, how are clubs such as the Jaffers who have signed a couple of players going to stay under the points system? even just 4 players is 32 in just transfer points.

I also wonder how clubs like Lakes & Edgeworth will cope with a lot of players retiring and not playing next year. This points system doesn't allow them to re-fill their stocks.

Thomas477
21-10-2013, 10:40 AM
Thanks Curious Fan, how are clubs such as the Jaffers who have signed a couple of players going to stay under the points system? even just 4 players is 32 in just transfer points.

I also wonder how clubs like Lakes & Edgeworth will cope with a lot of players retiring and not playing next year. This points system doesn't allow them to re-fill their stocks.

Pretty sure the Jaffas were only on ~210-220, so yes, that would still put them over, but I doubt everyone will be returning from this year, so there will be points available.

As for Lakes and Edgy, I think both of them were well over 300 points, so having blokes retire now and promoting youngsters without the fear of relegation for the next few years may be a great thing for them in the long term.

immersion
21-10-2013, 11:06 AM
Pretty sure the Jaffas were only on ~210-220, so yes, that would still put them over, but I doubt everyone will be returning from this year, so there will be points available.

As for Lakes and Edgy, I think both of them were well over 300 points, so having blokes retire now and promoting youngsters without the fear of relegation for the next few years may be a great thing for them in the long term.

Hats off to the Jaffers if they at around 230 presently without new signings.

With Edgy and Lakes losing players left and right. No way you you can be competitive if you are to purely to promote through youth, sorry to say. With that being said this points system doesn't really allow older players to stick around. I always found when i was playing that you learn't more from senior players by playing with and around them than by coaches. I wonder if this will be lost with this new points system?

seldom
21-10-2013, 12:42 PM

You sure about this ?

Imyourhero
21-10-2013, 12:49 PM
Pretty sure in past threads it was confirmed that relegation etc was still going ahead.

Thomas477
21-10-2013, 12:51 PM
You sure about this ?

I thought it was for the first season at least, there is no relegation. As for the second or third, I don't know. Could be wrong though.

ForeverRed
21-10-2013, 01:09 PM
relegation remains

Beast
21-10-2013, 01:48 PM
Are northern or the clubs planning to release each clubs points calculations (in the veiw of transparency) or is it to be kept behind closed doors.

The Magician
21-10-2013, 02:26 PM
if you read the document properly... jaffas were 202.. but they had the promotion bonus applied... so they actually got 232, switching players penalties were also not applied... how many players switched to jaffas last year... ? Z? Then 232 + (Z x 8) = Jaffas 2013 points.

See below... From NNSWF

The IC’s recommendations are based on the outcome of the recent benchmarking exercise. Details follow;
WESTON WORKERS BEARS 180
CHARLESTOWN CITY BLUES 201
HAMILTON OLYMPIC 219
SOUTH CARDIFF 221
BROADMEADOW MAGIC 226
VALENTINE FC 247
EDGEWORTH EAGLES 305
LAKE MACQUARIE CITY 337
LAMBTON JAFFAS* 202
TOTAL 2138
AVERAGE POINTS 238**
*Lambton Jaffas was allocated 30 Bonus Points for promotion and in accordance with FFA directive, Switching Player penalties were not applied.
**The above points are reflective of adjustments made by NNSWF to the PPS summaries supplied by clubs. A number of PPS summaries contained incorrect data.
The allocation of a maximum of 250 points in 2014 is reflective of the fact that there may be minor discrepancies relating to the allocation of in particular Home Grown and Loyalty points.

 Clubs will be provided with the opportunity to scrutinise their competitors’ PPS summary prior to the commencement of each season. NNSWF will not investigate alleged discrepancies beyond the commencement of the season.

Thomas477
21-10-2013, 03:55 PM
Either way, why are the Jaffas the ones most under scrutiny here, where Lakes and Edgy are 50 pts over the limit?

Seems they are more of a pressing issue.....

ForeverRed
21-10-2013, 05:33 PM
There's no problem with last years points as all returning players now revert back to 10 points unless they are over 25 or better still a long serving player who loses points, the only concern for clubs this season is signing new players , no club should have any problems signing 3 or 4 new players with 250 points to play with, take jaffas for instance, Dino faj plus 8, Dennis faj, plus 8 plus 2 more more points for being 27, Peter McPherson, plus 8 plus another 5 for being 30( I may have his age wrong)Remington, plus 8 points, add 10 points for each player and you get 39 points for 4 new players, that's 211 points to fit in another 16 players who should almost be returning players from last season, 10 points each, some of this is an example and I'm sorry it may confuse some but it highlites how easy it is for clubs this season with 250 points, it's the next couple of seasons that may cause clubs who do not promote youth some problems, sorry to all Jaffa fans for using you as an example

MFKS
21-10-2013, 10:07 PM
Hats off to the Jaffers if they at around 230 presently without new signings.

With Edgy and Lakes losing players left and right. No way you you can be competitive if you are to purely to promote through youth, sorry to say. With that being said this points system doesn't really allow older players to stick around. I always found when i was playing that you learn't more from senior players by playing with and around them than by coaches. I wonder if this will be lost with this new points system?

Struggle to see why you have gripes with what is going ahead. This is a bit more important for the game in this country rather than some petty club ambitions to win a trophy by buying a squad of players. If a few clubs are hampered by their inability to promote and develop youth and develop a club then they really should **** off out of top level football in this country. Build your clubs and develop players and you will earn success.

If you can't do that or don't wish to do that you shouldn't be playing in the NBN anyway

curious_fan
21-10-2013, 10:36 PM
I don't believe any club will find themselves under scrutiny too much with the 250 points allowance for 2014.

It is the top 25 players as defined by each club, yes there is an additional 8 points 'penalty' for a transferring player on top of his base 10 points but, as the Jaffas seemed to be of interest to most they sat at 202 so therefore still have 48 points buffer and for each new first grade player they sign on drops off the list of 25 so they couldpotentailly sign 6 new players and still qualify without using other available ways to lower their player points totals such as promoting an U19 player etc.

It is not a simple matrix or calculation and I certainly won't try to explain in full detail how it works here.

What might be of concern is a Lakes who may again need to sign larger numbers of new players if they lose a large number again in 2014. They scored so high because of signing so many transferring players in 2013, now each of those that remain in 2014 drops from 18 to 10 points but they still need to get under 250 and replace any of their top 25 who leave.

So Lakes may have scored 337 but if say 10 of those top 25 were transfers in 2013 and remain for 2014 then they drop 80 points there alone but still be slightly over. Lakes are basically in a position of having little opportunity to bring new players in but will need to focus heavily on convincing those 2013 to stay.

What I can honestly say I did not see is how Northern plan to deal with any club that does not fall under the 250 point mark? Points penalty? Financial penalty? Registration refusals/cancellations? Does anyone know the details on this part of the system?

curious_fan
21-10-2013, 10:40 PM
Pretty sure in past threads it was confirmed that relegation etc was still going ahead.

Under the current situation, at any point promotion can only be gained from New FM by a club who fulfills a number of criteria, not just coming first. The main being qualify and hold a NPL Licence at the beginning of the season in which they win the competition AND have teams in Association A Grade in a number of age groups 12/14/16 so they at least have the core of teams for the NPL youth system.

Now those two things alone mean it is unlikely any promotion will occur within the first few years as clubs in New FM need to sort out this junior system.

curious_fan
21-10-2013, 10:53 PM

The longer ter objective of NPL is youth talent identification and development. Clubs benefit by identifying young players and holding them in their clubs while they progress from Youth to Seniors, they under the point system gain credits for being long term players and thus lower their 10 base points to say 7 or 8 depending in their age and years with the club.

Thats where the opportunity to bring in new players will arise..... promote and develop youth and build up a number of buffer points to bring in a transfer player. Might mean a bit of a juggling act for a few seasons which is why it was decided to start at 250 and not the FFA preferred 200 points.

Take a player like Peter Haynes....... he has a base value of 10 points but then earns +1 penalty points for each year he is over 25 (I wont insult him by guessing what that total might be) but he is also able to gain credit points for each year over 5 consecutive years he has been at Magic so if Pete was 29 and had been at Magic for 7 seasons his total would 10+4-2=12

But for another club to sign him he would be worth 10+8+4=22 points..... a huge difference. That's where the incentive to invest and develop club youth is based.

Thomas477
22-10-2013, 12:43 AM
Under the current situation, at any point promotion can only be gained from New FM by a club who fulfills a number of criteria, not just coming first. The main being qualify and hold a NPL Licence at the beginning of the season in which they win the competition AND have teams in Association A Grade in a number of age groups 12/14/16 so they at least have the core of teams for the NPL youth system.

Now those two things alone mean it is unlikely any promotion will occur within the first few years as clubs in New FM need to sort out this junior system.

If that's true, Lambton won't be playing NBN next year. This year our highest 12s and 13s were in C grade, and from what I've heard, no one from our 13s got picked in the senior's 14s for next year. Our 14s this year had a team in A grade, and really should have had 2, but that's another discussion.

JCBT
22-10-2013, 01:15 PM

Maitland have the NPL licence and also sides nominating for A Grade in 12's,13's,14's,15's,16's and 17's. Maybe promotion relegation could occur sooner than later if the Pies win the comp.

Newy
22-10-2013, 04:45 PM

A lot of the New FM clubs have made sure that they fit the criteria...

all clubs bar Singleton and Thornton have been appointed licenses and have the opportunity to gain promotion.

immersion
22-10-2013, 06:15 PM
Struggle to see why you have gripes with what is going ahead. This is a bit more important for the game in this country rather than some petty club ambitions to win a trophy by buying a squad of players. If a few clubs are hampered by their inability to promote and develop youth and develop a club then they really should **** off out of top level football in this country. Build your clubs and develop players and you will earn success.

If you can't do that or don't wish to do that you shouldn't be playing in the NBN anyway

Thanks for you input MFKS. I hope this doesn't sound like a verbal barrage like your post. But what are your footballing credentials in regards to being this unbelievable footballing guru that can speak down to every body? You seem to like hammering people that have an opinion in which you never really tackle head on. But your love affair with the jets is well known, and the football they play is boring and in-effective to put it nicely. I would much prefer to watch crabs walk side ways across the beach then to watch the youth team or 1st play side ways and backwards passes continually.

Who do you think young players should learn off? The coaches in the NBN league that are scrambling to get their coaching certificates because they have massive ego's and think their current way of managing and coaching players is legitimate? And who once have finished their coaching course will have very little mentoring in regards to actually improving? Better yet lets get penalize players over the age of 25 because they are just burden on the game. What young player has ever learn't anything from a senior player?

For the record i have nothing against youth development. My beef is not with you MFKS but with the FFA and their PPS which is a restriction of trade to say the least. Also it has a failure to recognize that senior players still play a valuable role in the state league, and in all leagues across the world for that matter.

Thomas477
22-10-2013, 06:52 PM
Not aiming to defend the Member, but I haven't seen him defend the way we are playing, but rather defending the actual club (and Kale). Players come and go etc.

As for youngsters learning, if they're not learning off the coach, what the **** are the coaches doing? Isn't that part of their job description? If the coaches aren't teaching the players anything, what are they doing? And there's nothing stopping clubs from getting past players to come and help out at training, maybe even pay for their coaching licenses and embed them into the club! That way the youngsters can still learn off them!

And as for a restriction of trade, thats a long bow isn't it? The clubs are semi-pro ffs, I doubt anyone in NBN doesn't have a full-time occupation outside of football.

De-Champ
22-10-2013, 08:43 PM
And as for a restriction of trade, thats a long bow isn't it? The clubs are semi-pro ffs, I doubt anyone in NBN doesn't have a full-time occupation outside of football.

Jobe Whhelhouse??

Thomas477
22-10-2013, 08:51 PM
Jobe Whhelhouse??

Exception to the rule. You'd imagine he'd either be looking for other professional opportunities or be getting a regular job. Main point was, no one was living solely off the match payments provided by the NBN clubs.

seldom
23-10-2013, 02:25 AM
Thanks for you input MFKS. I hope this doesn't sound like a verbal barrage like your post. But what are your footballing credentials in regards to being this unbelievable footballing guru that can speak down to every body? You seem to like hammering people that have an opinion in which you never really tackle head on. But your love affair with the jets is well known, and the football they play is boring and in-effective to put it nicely. I would much prefer to watch crabs walk side ways across the beach then to watch the youth team or 1st play side ways and backwards passes continually.

Who do you think young players should learn off? The coaches in the NBN league that are scrambling to get their coaching certificates because they have massive ego's and think their current way of managing and coaching players is legitimate? And who once have finished their coaching course will have very little mentoring in regards to actually improving? Better yet lets get penalize players over the age of 25 because they are just burden on the game. What young player has ever learn't anything from a senior player?

For the record i have nothing against youth development. My beef is not with you MFKS but with the FFA and their PPS which is a restriction of trade to say the least. Also it has a failure to recognize that senior players still play a valuable role in the state league, and in all leagues across the world for that matter.

Miss out on the course Champ ?

pv4
23-10-2013, 08:37 AM
Main point was, no one was living solely off the match payments provided by the NBN clubs.

I think your views are a bit naive then. I've known plenty of players who lived solely off the payments from state league. Granted a fair majority of them were uni students who would have been scraping for money otherwise, but I've also known some older heads who haven't had work outside of football (for various reasons).

Imyourhero
31-10-2013, 09:26 PM
Abe Wheelhouse to Maitland.

seldom
13-11-2013, 11:50 PM
Abe Wheelhouse to Maitland.

R.I.P. Maitland

Cunning stunts
14-11-2013, 09:11 AM
WOW havent Maitland recruited this year? they have already got a side that should win the comp but now they have a side that could compete well in the NBN

namwob99
14-11-2013, 09:27 AM
Surely will get promoted now that all the decent teams in that comp are gone!!

cobra23
14-11-2013, 10:38 AM
Time to stir the pot...
1 word JAFFAS.

Surley a melbourne storm conspiracy brewing.

wannabe
14-11-2013, 12:41 PM
People's Thoughts?
Reports out of Tuesday nights meeting at northern.
Each club must submit their 20 man squad 30 days prior to commencement of competition.
Comp starts April 6.
Squad must be under 250 points.
There will only be two " transfer" windows during the year where you can make changes to your 20 man roster,lets say rounds 6 & 12. So once your original squad of 20 is named, no one from outside of those 20 players can play first grade until the first window opens,special circumstances if you have a long term injured player. So if a player wishes to leave lets say Southy after round 1 to join Weston,then said player could not play first grade for Weston until the first window to change your roster opens. Apparently when this window opens,a club can also only make 2 changes. A long term injured player sounds like will be a player out for 4 plus weeks and will need medical certificate

MFKS
14-11-2013, 01:36 PM

Young players should be taught by adequately credentialed coaches at clubs. I find it ridiculous that any club can justify paying semi pro players a wage yet fail to actually pay to see coaches at all levels are adequately trained to perform their job. Maybe the money in local football should actually be going to developing youth from U6's up to First grade by developing them correctly and better than is done at present rather than lining the pockets of first grade players for training 2 nights a week and playing a game on the weekend.

I find the criticism of the FFA ridiculous for trying to improve the standards of clubs across the country so that the standards of player coming through to First grade in the State Leagues >> HAL >> Socceroos are greatly improved in the future. The current standards are definitely not good enough.

MFKS
27-11-2013, 12:40 AM
http://www.northernnswfootball.com.au/fileadmin/user_upload/nth-nsw-football/Competitions/2014_Fixture_Draws/2014_NPL_Senior.pdf
Draw for NBN.

Back to 3 grades First 22's and 19's

The u17's are back to the yoof set up

http://www.northernnswfootball.com.au/fileadmin/user_upload/nth-nsw-football/Competitions/2014_Fixture_Draws/2014_NEWFM.pdf

Draw for New FM

ForeverRed
27-11-2013, 07:33 AM
Gunners 199 points, lowest in the league

magician
27-11-2013, 10:17 AM
Gunners 199 points, lowest in the league
Probably where they will finish at seasons end

pv4
27-11-2013, 10:21 AM
http://www.northernnswfootball.com.au/fileadmin/user_upload/nth-nsw-football/Competitions/2014_Fixture_Draws/2014_NEWFM.pdf

Draw for New FM

8 teams playing each other 3 times, ergh

ForeverRed
27-11-2013, 03:52 PM
Probably where they will finish at seasons end

:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:

seldom
27-11-2013, 11:45 PM
magician v FR....:fap:

Zico
28-11-2013, 08:04 AM
magician v FR....:fap:
I noticed ForeverRed has deleted a few of his recent posts in this thread.

wannabe
28-11-2013, 05:49 PM
:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:

Forever are you involved with the men of football. If so why we're magic in the herald article about the Asia cup 5 a side?

ForeverRed
28-11-2013, 06:47 PM
We had 2 hours to organise a photo shoot, those that could make it were present

terryk
28-11-2013, 08:03 PM
Are the games being played at Magic?

We had 2 hours to organise a photo shoot, those that could make it were present

ForeverRed
28-11-2013, 09:26 PM
foreshore park, nobbys

The Magician
28-11-2013, 11:45 PM
Forever are you involved with the men of football. If so why we're magic in the herald article about the Asia cup 5 a side?

Magic as custodians of Wanderers Oval, and NCC as custodians or No2 Sportsground and both are hosting a nation each during the Asian Cup, why wouldnt they be in an article regarding the Asian Cup?

Premy
29-11-2013, 12:14 AM
Magic as custodians of Wanderers Oval, and NCC as custodians or No2 Sportsground and both are hosting a nation each during the Asian Cup, why wouldnt they be in an article regarding the Asian Cup?

Sorry to burst your bubble but No2 & Wanderers oval will not be hosting any nations during the Asian Cup.

http://m.footballaustralia.com.au/news-display/27-more-cities-keen-to-join-Asian-Cup-party/79143

The Magician
29-11-2013, 12:50 AM
Sorry to burst your bubble but No2 & Wanderers oval will not be hosting any nations during the Asian Cup.

http://m.footballaustralia.com.au/news-display/27-more-cities-keen-to-join-Asian-Cup-party/79143

If u actually read the article you pasted the link to it refers to pre-competition training camps... Some nations may be arriving 2 months earlier than the early January start of the competition to 'acclimatise'...Wanderers and No2 will be in lockdown from December to February, to be a training base 'during competition'. No bubbles to burst, the blades of progress keep spinning at Wanderers Oval.

Premy
29-11-2013, 12:58 AM
My apologies, I thought it was odd that there wasn't any grounds in Newcastle on the short list. That would explain it

MFKS
29-11-2013, 01:29 AM
If u actually read the article you pasted the link to it refers to pre-competition training camps... Some nations may be arriving 2 months earlier than the early January start of the competition to 'acclimatise'...Wanderers and No2 will be in lockdown from December to February, to be a training base 'during competition'. No bubbles to burst, the blades of progress keep spinning at Wanderers Oval.

So is the Chicken Coop being used for this tourny???

ForeverRed
29-11-2013, 07:20 AM

Nothing to do with it, the festival of football is being run by MOF, I was given 2 hours to organise as many involved as possible, magic are there because they are members of the state league and were able to commit to the photo shoot, unfortunately other clubs who were contacted, and not all were contacted, could not make the shoot due to the late notice, which also included myself. We all have jobs and do the best we can

ForeverRed
29-11-2013, 04:05 PM
Wanderers rugby club, tuck shop, no 2 sports ground, special Olympics ,

terryk
29-11-2013, 05:58 PM
What coup for football. Give the profits to Rugby Union... No.2 should will never be a football venue so therefore we need to ensure it is no longer utilised for any football. What a joke.

curious_fan
30-11-2013, 12:09 AM
What coup for football. Give the profits to Rugby Union... No.2 should will never be a football venue so therefore we need to ensure it is no longer utilised for any football. What a joke.

Unless I am mistaken, if no football clubs were proactive enough to build a case for either version of the Special Olympics football to be played at their fields don't blame anyone else except the committee's of your own clubs.

Why wouldn't the organising committee take the best available venue? NCC are a major partner in the games and it is their venue. These games host players from all over Asia and you'd prefer then to be playing where???? Darling Street? Adamstown Oval? Weston?

Put nothing into the event why would local football be entitled to receive anything back?

terryk
30-11-2013, 02:38 PM
Were our football clubs asked to put a case? How will we have the best venues when we are overlooked for such events and the funding they bring? You are right, NCC are a major partner but they have more than one venue. They would happily play at these grounds if council upgraded them. Our codes participation is enough to warrant something back from the event. We should be placing adequate pressure on council to look after our code and stop spending so much time, effort, and monies on other codes.

Unless I am mistaken, if no football clubs were proactive enough to build a case for either version of the Special Olympics football to be played at their fields don't blame anyone else except the committee's of your own clubs.

Why wouldn't the organising committee take the best available venue? NCC are a major partner in the games and it is their venue. These games host players from all over Asia and you'd prefer then to be playing where???? Darling Street? Adamstown Oval? Weston?

Put nothing into the event why would local football be entitled to receive anything back?

EH9
30-11-2013, 03:54 PM
Were our football clubs asked to put a case? How will we have the best venues when we are overlooked for such events and the funding they bring? You are right, NCC are a major partner but they have more than one venue. They would happily play at these grounds if council upgraded them. Our codes participation is enough to warrant something back from the event. We should be placing adequate pressure on council to look after our code and stop spending so much time, effort, and monies on other codes.

What are our 'code' doing to assist the football players involved in the Special Olympics? Do we simply expect a handout because they play our sport in this competition?

terryk
30-11-2013, 08:33 PM
Yes i do... I ask you what have the other codes done to assist the football players involved in the Special Olympics???

What are our 'code' doing to assist the football players involved in the Special Olympics? Do we simply expect a handout because they play our sport in this competition?

Thomas477
30-11-2013, 11:10 PM
So, what are people's thoughts on the draw? I'm surprised at the number of Friday and night games.

EH9
01-12-2013, 08:48 AM
Yes i do... I ask you what have the other codes done to assist the football players involved in the Special Olympics???

I don't know, or care, what the other codes are doing to assist. This is about the Special Olympians and providing them with a good facility to play and good surroundings for the supporters and family. Why you feel that the local clubs are entitled to anything from this experience is beyond me. How many clubs are actively involved or have been actively involved with assisting the athletes? Do you know anything about the players in the team?

curious_fan
01-12-2013, 04:43 PM
... This is about the Special Olympians and providing them with a good facility to play and good surroundings for the supporters and family.

The decisions were based by the Organising Committee on what their major partners could offer. On of Newcastle premier class facilities next door to another field being used for the games (No 1 - Cricket) plus space directly outside for 5 A Side and walking distance from their logistical and organising base Panthers.

Free transport between games site is offered to the public as well as free entry to all sporting events. So having venues in close proximity is always an advantage.

This is the Special Olympics, run for those athletes not the local sports codes. Instead of finding fault how about finding time to attend.

terryk
04-12-2013, 11:40 PM
Blah blah blah, blah blah blah... And meanwhile our code loses out again. We don't need detractors from the other codes because we do a good job of slitting our own throats. While you two are wrapped up in this and have that warm fuzzy feeling, we are being left behind yet again. To care about our code is to care about our local teams and their interests including quality venues.

I don't know, or care, what the other codes are doing to assist. This is about the Special Olympians and providing them with a good facility to play and good surroundings for the supporters and family. Why you feel that the local clubs are entitled to anything from this experience is beyond me. How many clubs are actively involved or have been actively involved with assisting the athletes? Do you know anything about the players in the team?

The decisions were based by the Organising Committee on what their major partners could offer. On of Newcastle premier class facilities next door to another field being used for the games (No 1 - Cricket) plus space directly outside for 5 A Side and walking distance from their logistical and organising base Panthers.

Free transport between games site is offered to the public as well as free entry to all sporting events. So having venues in close proximity is always an advantage.

This is the Special Olympics, run for those athletes not the local sports codes. Instead of finding fault how about finding time to attend.

Leftback at Home
05-12-2013, 10:40 AM
If you want to know why you are missing out perhaps you should look at adjusting that pathetic whoa is me attitude. I can't believe the self absorbed attitude of some of the people on this forum. Stop lamenting your lost tuck shop money and go out and support what is a great sporting event played by people simply for the joy of the game and not this backroom political dribble that seems to be so popular amongst the high & mighty elite that roam this forum. Some things in life are bigger then local club football and I suggest that some of you get out there and experience it.

MFKS
05-12-2013, 01:09 PM
If you want to know why you are missing out perhaps you should look at adjusting that pathetic whoa is me attitude. I can't believe the self absorbed attitude of some of the people on this forum. Stop lamenting your lost tuck shop money and go out and support what is a great sporting event played by people simply for the joy of the game and not this backroom political dribble that seems to be so popular amongst the high & mighty elite that roam this forum. Some things in life are bigger then local club football and I suggest that some of you get out there and experience it.

Maybe the other issue is here is that TerryK is right to question the local game.

Far too many involved have their heads that far up their own arses and feel they are immune to any form of criticism.

Zico
05-12-2013, 01:27 PM
Maybe the other issue is here is that TerryK is right to question the local game.

Far too many involved have their heads that far up their own arses and feel they are immune to any form of criticism.
Or maybe your well documented dislike of the local clubs has came to the surface again?

MFKS
05-12-2013, 01:49 PM
Or maybe your well documented dislike of the local clubs has came to the surface again?

Explain "my well documented dislike of the local clubs" as you put it??

A ll i do is call it as I see it and expect more from them than sycophants like you do

Zico you just keep giving credence to my thoughts about my thoughts about people in the local game being immune from criticism

terryk
05-12-2013, 08:39 PM
Judging by the sports feature on NBN news, here were about 5 people in the crowd supporting these athletes. For all your talk of support i bet not one of any of you who have advocated going attended... Easy to sit at your computer desk at home and seek some morale high ground, but worth what when you cant even be bothered to attend yourself.

Thomas477
05-12-2013, 08:45 PM
It's a bit hard when we work during the day.....

curious_fan
05-12-2013, 09:25 PM
Judging by the sports feature on NBN news, here were about 5 people in the crowd supporting these athletes. For all your talk of support i bet not one of any of you who have advocated going attended... Easy to sit at your computer desk at home and seek some morale high ground, but worth what when you cant even be bothered to attend yourself.

I took 4 days leave to volunteer, as have a lot of others to be there....... along with local referees, non football fans and yes even general members of the public. At No 2 today I saw at least three high schools (Cardiff, Newcastle and one I uniform I didnt recognise) spend pat of their day watching games Australian teams were not playing in.

Lunch time see's quite a few white collor workers wander over for a look and something to eat.

Packed stadiums , no but hardly so poor it needed to be insulted with that comment.

curious_fan
05-12-2013, 09:57 PM
Blah blah blah, blah blah blah... And meanwhile our code loses out again. We don't need detractors from the other codes because we do a good job of slitting our own throats. While you two are wrapped up in this and have that warm fuzzy feeling, we are being left behind yet again. To care about our code is to care about our local teams and their interests including quality venues.

Exactly what is it you think "local teams" have been overlooked for by Special Olympics? What was your club left out of? No money was spent on new facilities, no fields received major upgrades. Cooks Hill is a local club and their Sportsground No 4 hosted the 5 a Side event.

Logistics are huge and by using the Sportsgrounds 3 sports (2 of the major sports) were all held within 100m of each other. What local clubs could have provided that as easily?

I took the trouble to ask about the Wanderers and the canteen today, Wanderers were asked a fortnight ago to offer a canteen after NO ONE else had offered to run food sales at the three fields. Who did the same at No 1 & No 4 I can't say as I wasn't at those venues.

terryk
05-12-2013, 10:12 PM
Exactly what is it you think "local teams" have been overlooked for by Special Olympics? What was your club left out of? No money was spent on new facilities, no fields received major upgrades. Cooks Hill is a local club and their Sportsground No 4 hosted the 5 a Side event.

Logistics are huge and by using the Sportsgrounds 3 sports (2 of the major sports) were all held within 100m of each other. What local clubs could have provided that as easily?

I took the trouble to ask about the Wanderers and the canteen today, Wanderers were asked a fortnight ago to offer a canteen after NO ONE else had offered to run food sales at the three fields. Who did the same at No 1 & No 4 I can't say as I wasn't at those venues.

I suppose Charlestown Bowling club and the Forum at Newcastle Uni are within your 100m range?

Who did they exactly offer to run the canteens? Are you with a local team? Or are you another talk big supporter who has no affiliations?

Thomas477
05-12-2013, 10:42 PM
I suppose Charlestown Bowling club and the Forum at Newcastle Uni are within your 100m range?

Who did they exactly offer to run the canteens? Are you with a local team? Or are you another talk big supporter who has no affiliations?

UoN is also running community events and the like outside of the pure games.

Also, where is the best 50m enclosed pool in Newcastle......?

seldom
06-12-2013, 12:54 AM
have I got this right...political BS re the special olympics...please close this thread

Leftback at Home
06-12-2013, 10:25 AM

I have been to both the Cricket & the Football so you probably picked the wrong quote to reply to there champ.
You are making yourself look rather silly now. Leave the Special Olympics alone and lets move on.

idontwannaplaywithhowey
06-12-2013, 12:59 PM
have I got this right...political BS re the special olympics...please close this thread

100% agree.

Newy
11-12-2013, 11:39 AM
Rumor---- Abe has already fallen out with Maitland FC.... Apparently he was turning up for work late and acted like the world owed him a favour.... Unsure if any truth to it all but apparently has agreed to join the buds

ForeverRed
11-12-2013, 11:58 AM
What is it with this person, done absolutely nothing in newcastle football yet he seems to get plenty of attention

terryk
11-12-2013, 12:03 PM
What is it with this person, done absolutely nothing in newcastle football yet he seems to get plenty of attention

AGREE... By all accounts was a very difficulty player to manage at Jaffas. Have actually seen his dissenting manner towards Chris T.

Newy
11-12-2013, 12:26 PM
Apparently he had been more trouble then good... and not turning up for work... Was never going to work out...

Moley
11-12-2013, 03:22 PM
Has there been any more signings/departures confirmed in the NBN?

terryk
11-12-2013, 08:05 PM
Has there been any more signings/departures confirmed in the NBN?

Is NBN still the major sponsor? Wow. How professional of Northern, they cant even get a descent sponsor for the league, that is not one that has a contra component built in.

The Magician
11-12-2013, 11:33 PM
NBN will be a competition partner and the logo will stay on strips... Northern have not indicated to clubs that a competition sponsor is being sought unlike NSWF who have IGA Supermarkets as competition sponsor. Im sure there are a few mining companies that could cough up a heap, laying off plenty of jobs recently should increase the kitty for a community donation.

Moley
12-12-2013, 12:16 PM
My early predictions:
League winner: Lambton Jaffas
Grand Final winner: Broadmeadow Magic
Relegation: Adamstown Rosebuds or Lake Macquarie

The Magician
12-12-2013, 12:21 PM
Abe to Adamstown, reneged on Maitland

Premy
12-12-2013, 12:29 PM

Reneged or shown the door

NewFM 2014
12-12-2013, 02:28 PM

Reneged or shown the door

if its anything like his track record then I would suggest he has screwed it up for himself yet again.

Imyourhero
12-12-2013, 02:45 PM
Is Jobe still with jaffas?

Moley
12-12-2013, 04:51 PM
Sick of hearing about Abe. Think he needs to stop believing in is own hype, get his head down and have a good season. (which he has not had yet in senior football)

furns
12-12-2013, 10:50 PM
Unless any of you actually are Abe Wheelhouse (or at a stretch - Jobe), you can stop passing judgement on his character.
Next one to pass off opinion/rumour/bullshit as fact will earn a holiday.

Moley
13-12-2013, 05:16 PM
I am a Wheelhouse!!!

Newy
14-12-2013, 10:51 AM
Mutual agreement I'm told .. Also Jobe is at the Jaffas.

MFKS
04-01-2014, 09:46 PM
http://www.footballnsw.com.au/fileadmin/user_upload/Competitions/Mens_1/20131024_-_RPT_-_2013_NPL_U12_to_U15_Technical_Report.pdf

Obviously NSWPL not NBN but an interesting read none the less for clubs further down the NPL path then NNSW

Moley
21-01-2014, 03:45 PM
League Prediction

1)Magic
2)Jaffas
3)Olympic
4)Weston

9)Jets Youth
10)Buds

Newy
21-01-2014, 04:26 PM
jets youth playing next season ???

EH9
21-01-2014, 04:48 PM
Would be very surprised if the Youth pulled out of the comp. Would open up so many issues with the draws in all NPL competitions.

The General
16-02-2014, 07:36 PM
League Prediction

1)Magic
2)Jaffas
3)Olympic
4)Weston

9)Jets Youth
10)Buds

Predictions
Having seen a few games so far, I thought I'd have a stab at some predictions. I know it's early and it will probably change between now and April

1. Hamilton - good squad,
2. Weston - always there abouts, may finish lower, but still in the 5. Will be hard to beat up there with Piggot's direct style, certainties for the 5.
3. Magic - question marks over Chapman lasting the year. Will be some unhappy players
4. Lambton - be interesting to see if they perform. Loads of pressure on Tanch
5. Charlestown - will be dangerous in front of goal if Hearfield plays all year
6. Edgeworth - lost loads of players, don't think they'll be good enough for the 5.
7. Adamstown - gained some experience with both Wheelhouse's.
8. Jets - not good enough for the 5.
9. South Cardiff - inexperienced coach, I think they will struggle
10. Lakes - will be a long year for the Roosters.

ForeverRed
16-02-2014, 07:52 PM
You obviously haven't been to enough games, since when does Piggott play a direct style of play, laughable, why would magic players be unhappy playing at the best venue every second week, southys coach is far from inexperienced, plus he doesn't score the goals any way, maybe next time gain more knowledge of all clubs instead of guessing and thinking you know, I know every ones entitled to an opinion but yours is a little out of touch

The General
16-02-2014, 08:41 PM
You obviously haven't been to enough games, since when does Piggott play a direct style of play, laughable, why would magic players be unhappy playing at the best venue every second week, southys coach is far from inexperienced, plus he doesn't score the goals any way, maybe next time gain more knowledge of all clubs instead of guessing and thinking you know, I know every ones entitled to an opinion but yours is a little out of touch

Calm down mate, I think I am allowed to make judgements. I think Piggot does play direct, don't think that's laughable, I watched a few games last year and I would say that Southy didn't really look to keep the ball at all. Magic players not getting a game will be unhappy don't you think? Have you seen their squad? 18 into 11 doesn't go. How is the Southy coach experienced at 1st grade level? 2 or 3 trial games is hardly experienced. I'm not saying he can't coach, I think managing 19's players compared to first grade players is a tough ask and I believe that they will struggle. I hope for your sake I am wrong.

wannabe
16-02-2014, 09:39 PM
Predictions
Having seen a few games so far, I thought I'd have a stab at some predictions. I know it's early and it will probably change between now and April

2. Weston - always there abouts, may finish lower, but still in the 5. Will be hard to beat up there with Piggot's direct style, certainties for the 5.
3. Magic - question marks over Chapman lasting the year. Will be some unhappy players
6. Edgeworth - lost loads of players, don't think they'll be good enough for the 5.
Interestingly I have watched both of the buds trial games,against Thornton and edgy and haven't noticed jobs playing. Are you sure about your info

Koala
19-02-2014, 04:30 PM
Have to think it will be a threehorse race between Magic, Lambton and Hamilton.

Can see Lakes being a surprising a few.. they had a good finish to 2013 season and have kept a good lot of their squad and added a couple of solid youngsters.

Imyourhero
19-02-2014, 05:09 PM
We haven't heard much about the squads of the likes of jaffas and charly? Can anyone pass judgement on how their squads are shaping up?

Thomas477
19-02-2014, 05:18 PM
We haven't heard much about the squads of the likes of jaffas and charly? Can anyone pass judgement on how their squads are shaping up?

Just go back a few pages, there's a whole lot of whinging and bitching about the Jaffas squad.

Zeus
24-02-2014, 12:23 PM
In reply to The Generals Post about predictions;
Predictions

Hamilton 1st? Putting a bit of pressure on Hamilton??
Weston? - They were already direct, Long ball then kick the opponent to win the ball back!
Magic - Chapman just won promotion with Adamstown, won 23s with Magic. Hes a great coach and they have a stronger squad, why would they not be favourites!!/
Lambton - Why would pressure be on Tanch? They got promoted last year, they lost their central coast players and Centre backs I HEARD (not Fact), but strong squad with no pressure should be higher!
Charlestown- pains me to say but I agree with you!
Edgeworth- always good enough for the 5
Adamstown - Hahah both Wheelhouses at Adamstown! Think you will find that's incorrect from the game I saw on the weekend!
Jets- top 4 in A League youth comp this year, think they will surprise you
Sth Cardiff - Only lost the faj brothers I believe? Will be hard to see Atown finish in front
Lakes - the team everyone writes off normally does ok!

The General
24-02-2014, 02:25 PM
In reply to The Generals Post about predictions;
Predictions

Hamilton 1st? Putting a bit of pressure on Hamilton??
Weston? - They were already direct, Long ball then kick the opponent to win the ball back!
Magic - Chapman just won promotion with Adamstown, won 23s with Magic. Hes a great coach and they have a stronger squad, why would they not be favourites!!/
Lambton - Why would pressure be on Tanch? They got promoted last year, they lost their central coast players and Centre backs I HEARD (not Fact), but strong squad with no pressure should be higher!
Charlestown- pains me to say but I agree with you!
Edgeworth- always good enough for the 5
Adamstown - Hahah both Wheelhouses at Adamstown! Think you will find that's incorrect from the game I saw on the weekend!
Jets- top 4 in A League youth comp this year, think they will surprise you
Sth Cardiff - Only lost the faj brothers I believe? Will be hard to see Atown finish in front
Lakes - the team everyone writes off normally does ok!

I somehow don't think the jets will be fielding 4-5 first graders every week!
Chapman is probably a good coach (kind of feel for Adamstown after he left them). I don't think he will cope with the players... Player management isn't his thing - my tip as the first coaching casualty!
I heard that South Cardiff have lost Bures as well? Can someone confirm? Will definitely not help their cause.
Pressure is on Tanch to keep the players happy. Again, I don't think he can do that. Wouldn't be surprised to see a few midseason swaps from there.
These are just my thoughts, I'm not claiming to be right or wrong...

Zeus
24-02-2014, 05:00 PM
I somehow don't think the jets will be fielding 4-5 first graders every week!
Chapman is probably a good coach (kind of feel for Adamstown after he left them). I don't think he will cope with the players... Player management isn't his thing - my tip as the first coaching casualty!
I heard that South Cardiff have lost Bures as well? Can someone confirm? Will definitely not help their cause.
Pressure is on Tanch to keep the players happy. Again, I don't think he can do that. Wouldn't be surprised to see a few midseason swaps from there.
These are just my thoughts, I'm not claiming to be right or wrong...

Jets- I know they will not be fielding the first graders, but the rest of the team is better than last year IMO
Magic - I agree with you that Chapman could be the first coaching casualty, If Magic are not leading the comp at the halfway point, goooone
I have also already heard of player unrest there.
South Cardiff- If Bures is gone that will hurt them, 2 out of their back line and their regular goal scorer
Jaffas- im not sure why there would be any more pressure on keeping Jaffas players happy than there would be on other squads, from what I heard they lost 6 first graders and signed 5, so they don't have a large squad??

Not being argumentative, like a good conversation on why people think certain things, its what makes the world beautiful, so many different opinions!

The General
24-02-2014, 07:56 PM
Jets- I know they will not be fielding the first graders, but the rest of the team is better than last year IMO
Magic - I agree with you that Chapman could be the first coaching casualty, If Magic are not leading the comp at the halfway point, goooone
I have also already heard of player unrest there.
South Cardiff- If Bures is gone that will hurt them, 2 out of their back line and their regular goal scorer
Jaffas- im not sure why there would be any more pressure on keeping Jaffas players happy than there would be on other squads, from what I heard they lost 6 first graders and signed 5, so they don't have a large squad??

Not being argumentative, like a good conversation on why people think certain things, its what makes the world beautiful, so many different opinions!
Yeah that's fair enough! I have heard that the Faj brothers are looking to move on! Denis is apparently not in their plans and they go as a package - that's the mail I received.

wannabe
24-02-2014, 08:24 PM
Yeah that's fair enough! I have heard that the Faj brothers are looking to move on! Denis is apparently not in their plans and they go as a package - that's the mail I received.

Have heard the same about faj brothers,but,with a combined total of approximately 40 points,which club could fit them both in at this stage

seldom
25-02-2014, 12:43 AM
Have heard the same about faj brothers,but,with a combined total of approximately 40 points,which club could fit them both in at this stage

Weston...perhaps back to Southy

Zico
25-02-2014, 02:28 PM
Weston...perhaps back to Southy
Maitland I've heard

The Magician
25-02-2014, 03:11 PM
Don't you know its MAGIC!!!!!

Bremsstrahlung
25-02-2014, 03:18 PM
Would he count for as much with southy, considering he played there last year? or because he has left, do they count for more(the same as him going to another club)?

NewFM 2014
25-02-2014, 04:02 PM
Maitland I've heard

Maitland .... Really ?

Nothing against Maitland but can you really see these two wanting to play in NewFM.

De-Champ
25-02-2014, 04:05 PM
Maitland .... Really ?

Nothing against Maitland but can you really see these two wanting to play in NewFM.

So far as what I have read on this forum every player in the NEW FM and NBN has been linked to join Maitland

Imyourhero
25-02-2014, 04:15 PM
They are good mates with a few of the guys at maitland.

Cunning stunts
25-02-2014, 04:28 PM
its a rumiour i have heard too that maybe its maitland, they r good friends with a bunch of the maitland guys

NewFM 2014
25-02-2014, 04:31 PM
So far as what I have read on this forum every player in the NEW FM and NBN has been linked to join Maitland

It was not a dig at Maitland more just quality players like that wanting to play NewFM - did not mean to offend mate , sorry.

Who else has been linked to Maitland ? only one I have seen on here was abe Wheelhouse and he signed ... then left right enough LOL , but he still signed.

I wish other teams in NewFM were trying to sign quailty players and had that ambition as it might help the league a little.

De-Champ
25-02-2014, 04:40 PM
No offence taken. I had heard that when the new coach arrived at Maitland, that approx. five/six new players had also come in. Which leads to the question did five/six players leave. Of course the other option is it may not be true

Newy
25-02-2014, 04:45 PM
The Fajs are playing at Lambton. In Fact, they are playing tonight in a trial against Maitland.. its unbelieveable some of the stuff people write/make up on the forum....
Yes -- they are close friends with the maitland boys... but no they are not playing for Maitland..and have both signed for Lambton.

NewFM 2014
25-02-2014, 04:47 PM
So have they actually left jaffas ? Big loss if they have . If they go back to South Cardiff would they cost Southy points seeing as that was their last club.

NewFM 2014
25-02-2014, 04:49 PM
The Fajs are playing at Lambton. In Fact, they are playing tonight in a trial against Maitland.. its unbelieveable some of the stuff people write/make up on the forum....
Yes -- they are close friends with the maitland boys... but no they are not playing for Maitland..and have both signed for Lambton.

Well there you go .... what a pile of rubbish gets posted on here sometimes. can somebody still answer my question (even though we know its not happening). If they went back to Southy would they cost Southy points with it being their last club ?

ForeverRed
25-02-2014, 04:52 PM
Well there you go .... what a pile of rubbish gets posted on here sometimes. can somebody still answer my question (even though we know its not happening). If they went back to Southy would they cost Southy points with it being their last club ?
no it would not cost them points as they have not played a competitive fixture yet, but its all garbage anyway

NewFM 2014
25-02-2014, 04:53 PM
no it would not cost them points as they have not played a competitive fixture yet, but its all garbage anyway

Thanks FR

ForeverRed
25-02-2014, 04:58 PM
honestly the joke is people who create rumors with no strength behind them, if you ask the persons in question hopefully you get the truth

NewFM 2014
25-02-2014, 05:00 PM
honestly the joke is people who create rumors with no strength behind them, if you ask the persons in question hopefully you get the truth

Correct

Zico
25-02-2014, 05:14 PM
I'll admit that posting this was a shit stir and I haven't heard anything about the Faj's and Maitland :grin: Sorry it fired up a few people up

Zeus
26-02-2014, 03:19 PM

Watched the game last night with Maitland.
This site really cracks me up some times. Seems Jaffas are bearing the brunt (which is ok by me lol)
I went to watch the game last night with expectations to see a depleted Jaffas side according to rumours!
Jobe to Adamstown
Faj brothers to Matland/Southy/Weston/ Should we add in Tenambit Sharks as well!?

To my dismay there was Jobe Wheelhouse, there was Dino Faj, there was Denis Faj and all starting!

I wish we could rely on this site for some correct information from time to time!

NewFM 2014
26-02-2014, 03:31 PM
Watched the game last night with Maitland.
This site really cracks me up some times. Seems Jaffas are bearing the brunt (which is ok by me lol)
I went to watch the game last night with expectations to see a depleted Jaffas side according to rumours!
Jobe to Adamstown
Faj brothers to Matland/Southy/Weston/ Should we add in Tenambit Sharks as well!?

To my dismay there was Jobe Wheelhouse, there was Dino Faj, there was Denis Faj and all starting!

I wish we could rely on this site for some correct information from time to time!

Zeus - how was the game ? how did Jaffas travel ? I heard Maitland gave Magic a right hard game a week ago but would appear you found it a stroll judging by score.

Zeus
26-02-2014, 04:30 PM
Zeus - how was the game ? how did Jaffas travel ? I heard Maitland gave Magic a right hard game a week ago but would appear you found it a stroll judging by score.

Hi Mate, I got there about 15min into the half. I thought Maitland looked good, but you could see the quality of the Jaffas. Maitland had a couple of chances in the first half mainly from the counter attack, Jaffas held a lot of possession in the first half and mainly In their attacking half. I thought Maitland scored against the run of play, but it was a quality goal, not sure of the chaps name who scored, but a nice finish from just outside the box in the bottom corner. To be honest Maitland did quite well the first half and wouldn't look out of place in the NBN league. They had more enthusiasm and shut down hard in the first half.

IMO Jaffas dominated the second half totally, I think Maitland did a lot of work without the ball defensively the first half and were feeling the effects and tiring. The second half Jaffas could have put 5 or 6 in the net, from memory Palotsi missed a sitter with only the keeper to beat, and he also hit the under side of the crossbar from a free kick and there were a few other clear cut chances to jaffas. Maitland also had a couple of chances in the second half.
Jaffs just seemed to have maitland scurrying all over the park in the second half and their passing was a lot crisper.

After also seeing Pheonix play Maitland are a few classes above Pheonix especially with the ball and should quite comfortably win New FM (although I havnt seen Belswans).

I also have to say on first impressions Jaffas are a lot better than last year, very impressed how quick they moved the ball and how fast they attack and looked like they got better as the game went on. A lot of new faces there and Tang has them playing a new formation by the look of it.

To Summarise I think Jaffas looked comfortable most of the game, and I think Maitland were impressive for a New FM team.
Predict Maitland win New FM
Jaffas top 3 team in NBN

JCBT
26-02-2014, 05:14 PM
Hi Mate, I got there about 15min into the half. I thought Maitland looked good, but you could see the quality of the Jaffas. Maitland had a couple of chances in the first half mainly from the counter attack, Jaffas held a lot of possession in the first half and mainly In their attacking half. I thought Maitland scored against the run of play, but it was a quality goal, not sure of the chaps name who scored, but a nice finish from just outside the box in the bottom corner. To be honest Maitland did quite well the first half and wouldn't look out of place in the NBN league. They had more enthusiasm and shut down hard in the first half.

IMO Jaffas dominated the second half totally, I think Maitland did a lot of work without the ball defensively the first half and were feeling the effects and tiring. The second half Jaffas could have put 5 or 6 in the net, from memory Palotsi missed a sitter with only the keeper to beat, and he also hit the under side of the crossbar from a free kick and there were a few other clear cut chances to jaffas. Maitland also had a couple of chances in the second half.
Jaffs just seemed to have maitland scurrying all over the park in the second half and their passing was a lot crisper.

After also seeing Pheonix play Maitland are a few classes above Pheonix especially with the ball and should quite comfortably win New FM (although I havnt seen Belswans).

I also have to say on first impressions Jaffas are a lot better than last year, very impressed how quick they moved the ball and how fast they attack and looked like they got better as the game went on. A lot of new faces there and Tang has them playing a new formation by the look of it.

To Summarise I think Jaffas looked comfortable most of the game, and I think Maitland were impressive for a New FM team.
Predict Maitland win New FM
Jaffas top 3 team in NBN

I only saw the first half but I felt Maitland more than competed. Both sides missed a few chances each with Jaffas hitting the crossbar and Maitland having a penalty saved but it was a even game to that point. Maitland were missing a couple of players including Josh Costelo so it's shaping as a good year for them. Jaffas are a very strong, skilful side and I agree they did look to have superior fitness to a couple of Maitland players.

ForeverRed
01-03-2014, 03:46 PM
Interesting to read some coaches have yet to complete their c license for the NPL in todays herald, Of those who have not completed their license have failed previously, I hope northern don't take the soft approach and hand them out regardless

seldom
01-03-2014, 05:47 PM
they seem to be turning coaches off rather than improving them

ForeverRed
01-03-2014, 06:37 PM
How ?

The General
02-03-2014, 05:14 PM
Interesting to read some coaches have yet to complete their c license for the NPL in todays herald, Of those who have not completed their license have failed previously, I hope northern don't take the soft approach and hand them out regardless

Why has there not been any more said about this? I think its an extremely interesting topic - without getting nasty. What does everyone think they should do? Will Northern stick by their word and stop them from coaching? Or will they let them slide through?

De-Champ
02-03-2014, 06:25 PM
They will be given more time to complete the course.

ForeverRed
02-03-2014, 08:17 PM
I don't understand it all, some have failed 3 times yet get to go again, come back next year I say,

Imyourhero
02-03-2014, 09:27 PM
I think telling people to rack off just because they are unsuccesfull defeats the purpose of the whole aim behind trying to increase the ability of coaches in the area. Do we give up on a drill altogether if players make mistakes? I agree that failing something 3 times in a row is excessive however surely nnsw could identify the areas of weakness and increase the information and training for that particular area when obtaining the licences?

Imyourhero
02-03-2014, 09:31 PM
Added point, the cost etc involved for the B licence is a joke. Classic example of why Australian football is so far behind. Australia's first Guardiloa could be missed just because he comes from a low income background and cant afford the training. Same goes for Australia's next stars, emerging jets is full of mediocre kids just because they can afford the program/daddy knowing coach.

Drunken ranger
02-03-2014, 10:11 PM
Imyourhero classic and true point as to why Australia lacks behind ??

the thistle
02-03-2014, 10:30 PM
As one who has spent a few thousand dollars attending courses and countless hours running them I find it pathetic that some coaches at a National Premier league level expect to be able to coach with little or no effort or cost. The guys who complain are just lazy and not really serious.

ForeverRed
02-03-2014, 10:43 PM
Spot on

terryk
02-03-2014, 11:05 PM
As one who has spent a few thousand dollars attending courses and countless hours running them I find it pathetic that some coaches at a National Premier league level expect to be able to coach with little or no effort or cost. The guys who complain are just lazy and not really serious.

If these coaches coached and lets say they ended up premiers or gf winners, do we say that they lacked the skills and talent to coach because they had three goes at it, or do we say they fluked it, or do we say they have more ability than the system was able to teach them? I mean we are not talking a-league here but in saying that just think how coaches of the quality and success of Mourinho and Ferguson would react if told they needed to attend a coaching course. LOL.

And who is to say that a three day course can teach you more than a lifetime of experience, or a couple years with an experienced coach, or even a year with an exceptional coach? Look at the style and quality of play coming from Adelaide United. Do we send Gombau home because he didn't get his ticket from the FFA breakfast cereal box? Seriously... Farina was good enough to be chosen as our national coach, and yes probably not a real good one, but he didn't have these ticket we speak about did he? Does Postacoglou?

These coaching initiatives are really aimed at coaching our younger kids and producing a certain type of player. So what does the newcastle premier league have to worry about our coaches being so up skilled. Surely by the time these kids have made it to the local npl they have no chance in representing Australia. Just not sure its so vital in our local league. It won't win you the premiership, it won't win you the gf, so i can't see why the point of it.

seldom
03-03-2014, 12:26 AM

from Northern I take it !

seldom
03-03-2014, 12:37 AM
Attained my youth C a while back and found it enjoyable and informative. Was back in Newy at christmas and spoke to an NBN coach who was less than pleased with the C course setup....He actually passed but was less than pleased with how he was told to coach and was assessed with headphones and Microphone like an NFL coach...tbh he could of been yankin my chain but seemed serious he wouldnt be doin his B licence in the future

wannabe
03-03-2014, 01:30 AM
As one who has spent a few thousand dollars attending courses and countless hours running them I find it pathetic that some coaches at a National Premier league level expect to be able to coach with little or no effort or cost. The guys who complain are just lazy and not really serious.. Little or no effort,lazy and not serious, big calls mate. Are you one of these new age young coaches who thinks because he has done a course and got a piece of paper from northern that your an expert coach. Tanch and Chapman got it right in the herald yesterday. Some of these guys have been coaching for 20 years and now because FFA and northern come along and say we have re-invented the game of football and everyone needs to coach 4-3-3,this is the national curriculum,we are not creating robots but if you don't do our course our way you fail,don't get accredited and therefore can't coach,give me a break. This isn't Sydney or melb where coaches are fulltime getting paid big bucks. Most nbn coaches wouldn't get more than $8000 ,season goes from mid Jan to mid Sept training 2-3 nights a week plus game on weekend ,then you can pay $1,500 and come do a 7 weekend coaching course and we will let you know if you can keep coaching. On top of that as tanch said in the paper,do your fulltime job and bring up your kids. These npl coaches are pretty ****ing lazy hey thistle

ForeverRed
03-03-2014, 08:10 AM
Chapman has coached an u23 side my grandmother could have coached at magic and Adamstown to win a 2 horse competition , hardly ranks up there as being a good coach, maybe he went to magic because it would be easier to look good as a coach and not not take on the challenge of a promoted Adamstown, as a coach you need to test yourself, I know who I would have coached, his inexperience suggests he needs the c license course more then any

Moley
03-03-2014, 10:21 AM
Have you ever been coached by Chapman? Up there with one of the best coaches in Newcastle!
Gets offered the top job in Newcastle football why would he not take it? It is like him coaching West Ham and Chelsea offer him a job and he says no I'll stay because I fancy a challenge. Besides if he wins the NBN or state cup this season wont he get a challenge by coaching in the FFA Cup?

Zico
03-03-2014, 10:36 AM
Chapman has coached an u23 side my grandmother could have coached at magic and Adamstown to win a 2 horse competition , hardly ranks up there as being a good coach, maybe he went to magic because it would be easier to look good as a coach and not not take on the challenge of a promoted Adamstown, as a coach you need to test yourself, I know who I would have coached, his inexperience suggests he needs the c license course more then any
Go back to digging your drainage you goose :banghead:

NewFM 2014
03-03-2014, 10:55 AM

Thats very harsh in my opinion - unless you have been coached by Chapman and can first hand say otherwise then that is harsh and although you may not have intensions of it reading thsi way it actually just comes across as a personal grudge on this coach.

I agree fully with you on the licence thing though (not individually towards chapman) but as a whole.

Even if a coach does not rate the course set up by FFA its still worth going on to give them more options on how to coach and regardless of the level a coach is at they should want to get some qualifications to go with there ability and experience.

Thats said , just because a coach may have qualifications as far as A Pro Licence does not automatically make you a great coach as you may have no ability - I have witnessed this many times.

ForeverRed
03-03-2014, 10:59 AM
Go back to digging your drainage you goose :banghead:

fishing, what great sport :yay:

ForeverRed
03-03-2014, 11:05 AM
Thats very harsh in my opinion - unless you have been coached by Chapman and can first hand say otherwise then that is harsh and although you may not have intensions of it reading thsi way it actually just comes across as a personal grudge on this coach.

I agree fully with you on the licence thing though (not individually towards chapman) but as a whole.

Even if a coach does not rate the course set up by FFA its still worth going on to give them more options on how to coach and regardless of the level a coach is at they should want to get some qualifications to go with there ability and experience.

Thats said , just because a coach may have qualifications as far as A Pro Licence does not automatically make you a great coach as you may have no ability - I have witnessed this many times.
no, its far from a personal attack, its an opinion on how easy the phrase, "GREAT COACH" is put on somebody when really their ability as a coach has never really been tested, Ive known Glenn for many a year and and enjoyed his success with him, my opinion was to hi light how we use the term great coach and why, sorry if you read it differently.

Bremsstrahlung
03-03-2014, 11:14 AM
Just the same as striker's are judged on goals, coaches are judged on results. Not necessarily correctly.

It depends what your idea of a good coach is. Someone that can lure good players, somebody that can modify and adapt tactics to suit the squad, somebody that develops youth, somebody that wins games, somebody that loses but tries to play 'nice' football. Ideally, you want everything (minus the losing).

I agree that a coach isn't necessarily a good coach purely because they win matches, but he isn't necessarily bad either. Similarly, if you pass a test, it doesn't mean you a better coach than somebody who didn't.

Premy
03-03-2014, 11:34 AM
If you judge a fish on it's ability to climb a tree it will spend the rest of it's life thinking its stupid.

ForeverRed
03-03-2014, 11:36 AM
you can put me on a horse but does that make me a cowboy

cobra23
03-03-2014, 11:51 AM

yes

Zico
03-03-2014, 12:00 PM
Brokeback Mountain ForeverRed?

cobra23
03-03-2014, 12:12 PM
:roflz:
Brokeback Mountain ForeverRed?

Ha ha :arse: the only bloke i know that rides a bike without the the seat

ForeverRed
03-03-2014, 01:01 PM
Harsh, beats riding penis like yourself

GazFish35
03-03-2014, 01:40 PM
oh FFS do we need to starting banning people again.

can we all stop fishing for bites, and stop biting when people go fishing.

bans are coming if this shit keeps going.

the thistle
03-03-2014, 02:05 PM
. Little or no effort,lazy and not serious, big calls mate. Are you one of these new age young coaches who thinks because he has done a course and got a piece of paper from northern that your an expert coach. Tanch and Chapman got it right in the herald yesterday. Some of these guys have been coaching for 20 years and now because FFA and northern come along and say we have re-invented the game of football and everyone needs to coach 4-3-3,this is the national curriculum,we are not creating robots but if you don't do our course our way you fail,don't get accredited and therefore can't coach,give me a break. This isn't Sydney or melb where coaches are fulltime getting paid big bucks. Most nbn coaches wouldn't get more than $8000 ,season goes from mid Jan to mid Sept training 2-3 nights a week plus game on weekend ,then you can pay $1,500 and come do a 7 weekend coaching course and we will let you know if you can keep coaching. On top of that as tanch said in the paper,do your fulltime job and bring up your kids. These npl coaches are pretty ****ing lazy hey thistle

That is correct. If you read my few words you would have realised I am hardly new age or young, I did my first coaching course in 1979. Coach education did exist prior to FFA and the curriculum and whilst I agree it is rigid it is not aimed at Premier League coaches, but those underpinning this level. Some NPL coaches are playing catchup with accreditation so they get the basics, but guess what, they probably need it. Most clubs would pay, or contribute to this cost, and as they spend many more thousands on players they should see this as an investment, as should the coaches who often serve up basic coaching, or should I say training sessions, that could be taken by an assistant whilst they learn about the game. This way our top level will improve, and it needs to.

De-Champ
03-03-2014, 02:51 PM
An investment??? what is htere to stop the coach from leaving after the club has paid the cost or part of the cost.

ForeverRed
03-03-2014, 03:32 PM
A contract

MFKS
03-03-2014, 03:42 PM
Seriously this issue is one of the big reasons holding the game back in this country.

Too many people out there who think they know best and wish to do things their way.

Wheres that getting us. Mediocre players regular thumpings in the ACL and a NT that will be raped in Brazil. Obvously things are working really well.

The FFA have come in and mandated a change. Whether it is perfect is irrelevant. It will get us all on the same page and moving forward in the one direction across this country. FFS get on board or **** off cause you are doing more damage with your selfishness.

I also find it ridiculous coaches don't want to do this course. if they ain't serious enough to do it then **** OFF cause you obviously don't care in the right way to be actually doing the job anyway

The Baby Piglet
03-03-2014, 04:20 PM
Seriously this issue is one of the big reasons holding the game back in this country.

Too many people out there who think they know best and wish to do things their way.

Wheres that getting us. Mediocre players regular thumpings in the ACL and a NT that will be raped in Brazil. Obvously things are working really well.

The FFA have come in and mandated a change. Whether it is perfect is irrelevant. It will get us all on the same page and moving forward in the one direction across this country. FFS get on board or **** off cause you are doing more damage with your selfishness.

I also find it ridiculous coaches don't want to do this course. if they ain't serious enough to do it then **** OFF cause you obviously don't care in the right way to be actually doing the job anyway

^^^ best comment on this post so far..... Get on board or *%$^ OFF

JCBT
03-03-2014, 04:20 PM

I can see both sides of the argument. I'm all for coach education and feel that the FFA has improved this area massively but to have a coach at NBN level required to do his A License is a bit of overkill in my opinion.

The FFA would be best suited to somewhat work in reverse in this situation and get as many junior and youth coaches up to speed with their accreditation then work up to the first grade coaches. The biggest draw back here is that 99% of junior and youth coaches are doing the job for little or no payment so the added expense of the courses would be unworkable.

I think we needed change but the change could have been handled differently.

De-Champ
03-03-2014, 04:25 PM
A contract

Worked well for your first grade coach didn't it.

De-Champ
03-03-2014, 04:25 PM
I can see both sides of the argument. I'm all for coach education and feel that the FFA has improved this area massively but to have a coach at NBN level required to do his A License is a bit of overkill in my opinion.

The FFA would be best suited to somewhat work in reverse in this situation and get as many junior and youth coaches up to speed with their accreditation then work up to the first grade coaches. The biggest draw back here is that 99% of junior and youth coaches are doing the job for little or no payment so the added expense of the courses would be unworkable.

Agree 100%

Premy
03-03-2014, 04:32 PM
This conversation and people's attitudes just proves how far Northern and the NBN State League are behind the rest of the country and will be for some time to come.

NewFM 2014
03-03-2014, 04:38 PM

Agree 100%

This conversation and people's attitudes just proves how far Northern and the NBN State League are behind the rest of the country and will be for some time to come.

Agree with all the above ... change needed , but change for the good of the game and not just for change sake.

I still believe that coaches at elite level and I include NBN should want to go through some accreditation as they should want to do these courses if only to prove that what they are doing is the correct way / method. You also need to approach these courses with an open mind and be willing to not only challange but embrace otherwise its pointless even going on the course.

MFKS
03-03-2014, 05:17 PM

I think the issue here is really the cost needs to be burdened more so by the clubs rather than the individuals. More overall benefit for a club to spend 10k a year getting some coaches trained and increasing their ability to impart skills on players than wasting 10k on paying players so a dozen blokes can all go buy themselves a new iphone or plasma

seldom
03-03-2014, 05:48 PM
I think the coaching courses are a must if we are going to keep improving as a football nation but why are we trying to get all NBN,Newfm coaches to play 4-3-3 stipulating where certain players need to be and when. Yes I understand its a directive from FFA and probably suits the young elite squads who train 5-6 times a week but coaches at NBN are results driven and aint going to play 4-3-3 against an opposition who are better at this formation.By all means make the coaches be accredited but why not just inform them on the best way to deal with players...the best ways to plan training sessions, what should be covered in pre match,half time and post match talks and the latest ideas on recovery and game analysis. Let them choose their formation and structure. I for one dont want to see a heap of robotic coaches produced.(end rant)

GazFish35
03-03-2014, 09:02 PM
I think the issue here is really the cost needs to be burdened more so by the clubs rather than the individuals. More overall benefit for a club to spend 10k a year getting some coaches trained and increasing their ability to impart skills on players than wasting 10k on paying players so a dozen blokes can all go buy themselves a new iphone or plasma

Nice idea, but what happens when a club pays the costs of training a coach, only for him to leave and take his skills elsewhere.

The fairest answer is for FFA to start moving some money down to grassroots coaching and make these courses cheaper. The cost of the courses is the fundamental problem.

ForeverRed
03-03-2014, 09:19 PM
Worked well for your first grade coach didn't it.
Huh ?

boz-monaut
03-03-2014, 09:23 PM
the cost of training coaches is a significant issue, but so is the time taken to do these courses

how many amateur coaches can afford to take a week off over and above the huge investment of time just involved in running the team

I appreciate there's a practical component to these courses but they need to have some flexibility to allow full ime employed blokes with families do these courses to get the most talented guys taking uit further

MFKS
03-03-2014, 09:37 PM
Nice idea, but what happens when a club pays the costs of training a coach, only for him to leave and take his skills elsewhere.

No difference really to a player leaving a club for another club despite first club putting years into his development

The fairest answer is for FFA to start moving some money down to grassroots coaching and make these courses cheaper. The cost of the courses is the fundamental problem.
Good idea. Courses need to be made more affordable even if it means the FFA and NNSW are subsidising them

GazFish35
03-03-2014, 09:52 PM
Member I reckon there's a massive difference between a player changing clubs and a coach in this matter.

A player leaves, he takes one players ability.... It sucks agreed, but....

A coach goes and the intellectual capital he's gained at the club's expense goes with it, and the coaches new club gets the benefit of that to impact on multiple players.

Would you rather one Man Utd player come to the jets, or Sir Alex?

wannabe
03-03-2014, 10:00 PM
Why not have northern send their fulltime employed coaching and technical staff along to assess the npl coaches in their own environment. Say Dave smith attends jaffas training for two weeks,first week observes tanch coaching,watches game on weekend as well as pre match and halftime team talks. Goes to training second week,assesses game from the weekend,tanches approach to training after game and whether he addresses problems from the match how he fixes them and prepares for the weekend. Then assesses tanch gives him feedback on what he needs to improve on and reassesses him at a later date. As this is there fulltime paid job this would alleviate costs for the coach and club. The coach would be assessed coaching and implementing his own squad and shape instead of the robotic curriculum. It was would have its problems like everything does but surely it beats beats having 30 guys in a classroom getting taught to all coach the same shit. Assess the coaches at the end of the year and send the ones to do courses who aren't up to scra tech. Let's say at end of assessing all coaches they say Weston magic southy lakes Olympic all your coaches ticked all the boxes and are accredited to coach at this level but edgy jaffas buds and azzurri your coaches aren't up to standard they need to do this course and pass to coach at this level next year,thus rewarding the good coaches and making the poor ones get educated or they can't coach at npl level. Peoples thoughts

MFKS
03-03-2014, 10:03 PM
Member I reckon there's a massive difference between a player changing clubs and a coach in this matter.

A player leaves, he takes one players ability.... It sucks agreed, but....

A coach goes and the intellectual capital he's gained at the club's expense goes with it, and the coaches new club gets the benefit of that to impact on multiple players.

Would you rather one Man Utd player come to the jets, or Sir Alex?

But doesn't the intellectual capital a coach gains at a club go with the club he moves to anyway.

ie Lets say GVE gets a gig at Sydney FC doesn't all the years of coaching and what he learned at Jets also go with him to be applied at Sydney FC??

Also no different really to all the time Everton put into Moyes only for him to walk out and stuff ManU up

GazFish35
04-03-2014, 08:40 AM
That's my point member.
Clubs would be reluctant to invest significant money into a coach when that investment can walk out the door next season.

Just because it already happens doesn't mean they wouldn't baulk at the cost.

MFKS
04-03-2014, 09:03 AM
The issue to me really is that clubs are already spending money ie to Players

In my opinion that money just needs redirecting to a better cause ie coaching.

It to me is ridiculous in this country that blokes playing at this level are being paid to do so across the board. The money at all the NPL clubs across the country that is going to players is ridiculous when you consider the standards of the comps and the sponsorships TV deals etc they have/don't have.

The money spent by a club would be better spent on their coaches at their clubs and also the local junior clubs coaches in their area so they have better players coming through into grade in the future.

If a few blokes dropped out of NBN cause they weren't getting paid to play then really they probably shouldn't be there anyway. Can strengthen the ZPL which I hear is quite strong

pv4
04-03-2014, 09:33 AM
the cost of training coaches is a significant issue, but so is the time taken to do these courses

how many amateur coaches can afford to take a week off over and above the huge investment of time just involved in running the team

I appreciate there's a practical component to these courses but they need to have some flexibility to allow full ime employed blokes with families do these courses to get the most talented guys taking uit further

Totally agree

NewFM 2014
04-03-2014, 10:16 AM

Bang on the money - totally agree

Paolo
04-03-2014, 03:53 PM
This is my first post on here, but I often read what is going on and the Coaching argument has made me need to have a comment as the misinformation that is being presented is pretty ordinary.

Coaching football is an extremely complex task and to be proficient at it, it takes years and years of purposeful study and practice. Experience alone does not make you a good coach, in fact most coaches in Australia are what is termed unconsciously incompetent.

In most other walks of life if you are to teach someone how to do something, you must be properly accredited and skilled before you are allowed to do so. For example, if I wanted to teach guitar at the Conservatorium of Music, I must hold the proper grade certification, gained by doing study and assessments, before I can teach.

The problem with Football in Australia has been that despite there being coaching courses for people to attend, there has never been a unified national direction in terms of player and coach development. The National Curriculum, whilst not perfect at least provides a national direction for these two streams and provides clear pathways for both players and coaches.

In Australia we have too few properly accredited coaches which in turn causes us as a Nation to produce top players too inconsistently. To improve this FFA have mandated set criteria for coaches in terms of education and accreditation requirements. Why is it, that this is an issue for the Newcastle football community?

The FFA have established the NPL to be the underpinning league to the A-League and whilst a big gap exists between the two at present, how are we ever going to improve and close that gap without setting and policing certain standards?

Personally whilst these new criteria for coaches are challenging they can only be good for the game, and in the long term will weed out those who want to coach and those who don't or can't be bothered.

In terms of what is being taught on the courses and how it is being delivered, comments like "these coaches don't need to be told how to coach" or "it's silly that they only teach 4-3-3" is completely inaccurate.

Firstly, any education course you do instructs you in better ways to do things, nobody knows it all. Why would you attend a course and then be shocked when you are instructed on ways to coach?

Also whilst 4-3-3 is the formation chosen by the FFA it is by no means forced upon the coaches at NPL senior level. The C Licence is the start of the pathway so yes 4-3-3 forms part of the course but the basis for the learning is actually on how to best 'coach', 'plan' and 'teach' and can be applied to just about all leadership roles in any field. In no way is 4-3-3 the only thing presented on the courses.

Like any exam or assessment, the people who fail are those that either cannot understand the content or who are too arrogant or lazy to attempt to understand.

Finally the issue around cost is interesting. Nearly everyone will agree that the prices of coaching courses and player registrations are too high. However the information put forward by the Herald and commented on by Tanchevski and Chapman is again incorrect.

The cost of the C Licence that the Senior NPL coaches attended was just over $1200, but each club contributed $500 and NNSW contributed $500 for each coach to attend. So that leaves around $200-$300 for each coach to contribute himself. This is a fantastic initiative in my opinion.

In terms of Tanchevski and Chapman who are amongst the highest paid coaches in the NPL, I doubt that $200-$300 out of there $8000 odd pay packets is excessive!

Also NNSW have repeatedly stated that they are committed to running regional C and B licences in Newcastle each year from now on, to make it more accessible for coaches...the tripe spouted about the B licence costing $3000 and requiring two weeks off work is nothing but BS and sour grapes from coaches who have reportedly struggled with the C licence and who are nervous that they will no longer be able to sell themselves as NPL coaches.

The regional B will be much more affordable and time friendly than the Central B licence run out of the AIS.

De-Champ
04-03-2014, 04:14 PM
I think most people are/were arguing that the course costs too much, and introduced too quickly. You will not get much of an argument against the points you mentioned re training etc everybody no matter how good/bad needs training, and continuing training, not just "one offs".
Your figures seem to be incorrect, or at least at odds with what the club I am associates with were quoted by NNSW. You are correct where NNSW offered to pay half, but that was for a once only, and after that the full fee applies.
What my gripe with it was that for most clubs in Newcastle, NBN or NEWFM it is a big impost (most clubs struggle to pay a handful of players a pittance each week) for everybody to have it by the start of this season or even next season. Why could not they (NNSW) extend the time period oveer a number of years, so that it gave all clubs a better chance. After all its not as if once you complete the course, the standard of football and/or coaching instantly is so much better, than what it is.
Coaching is only one component in a number of factors that will improve the standard of football. To suggest that the standard of football will improve overnight because of coaching course is laughable.

Thomas477
04-03-2014, 04:43 PM
If clubs are struggling to pay players, then maybe they shouldn't be paying players. Players can play without being paid, coaches can't coach without the proper licenses, so it seems the license comes before the players.

Also, I missed this argumentative thread :wub:

Imyourhero
04-03-2014, 04:57 PM
Also, I missed this argumentative thread :wub:

Still 4 weeks till competition kicks off, people are getting restless!

MFKS
04-03-2014, 05:55 PM
http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/site/_content/document/00001599-source.pdf

From the FFA detailing the costs and time required for the various coaches.

The cost to me really shouldn't be an issue. When Clubs can afford to "PAY" blokes to play then the least they can do is kick in the 2-3k required to make sure their coach is qualified. After all the club sees success by on field wins trophies and you would be selling your club short by not making sure your coaches are as knowledgeable and intelligent in the game as they could be

Matter of fact clubs would be looking after their best interest by actually getting as many of their Yoof/kiddies age coaches as qualified as they can. Couple of years time and the pool would be getting greater and greater and the knowledge would be getting greater and greater

seldom
04-03-2014, 09:01 PM
I was told with the youth licence that when assessed make sure you coach to the 4-3-3 curriculum and others who have done the senior told me the same thing. Bit of a worry blokes from Northern coming on here stating that they are going to "WEED" out coaches who dont have a sheep like mentality.....Question, if so many NBN coaches failed,(many who have played and coached for many years) after several weekends at courses why arent the guys who ran the course being scrutinised on their teaching abilities or did they have an agenda. As ive said I totally agree that coaches need to improve and be accredited but I think in many ways we're putting off coaches who we should be embracing

terryk
04-03-2014, 11:29 PM
Finally the issue around cost is interesting. Nearly everyone will agree that the prices of coaching courses and player registrations are too high. However the information put forward by the Herald and commented on by Tanchevski and Chapman is again incorrect.

The cost of the C Licence that the Senior NPL coaches attended was just over $1200, but each club contributed $500 and NNSW contributed $500 for each coach to attend. So that leaves around $200-$300 for each coach to contribute himself. This is a fantastic initiative in my opinion.

In terms of Tanchevski and Chapman who are amongst the highest paid coaches in the NPL, I doubt that $200-$300 out of there $8000 odd pay packets is excessive!.

How do you know what Tanch or Chap are being paid??? Are you on the committee of both these clubs? Have both coaches told you what what they are being paid? One should be careful throwing figures around especially when we can only assume you are not Tanch or Chappy!

wannabe
04-03-2014, 11:31 PM
I was told with the youth licence that when assessed make sure you coach to the 4-3-3 curriculum and others who have done the senior told me the same thing. Bit of a worry blokes from Northern coming on here stating that they are going to "WEED" out coaches who dont have a sheep like mentality.....Question, if so many NBN coaches failed,(many who have played and coached for many years) after several weekends at courses why arent the guys who ran the course being scrutinised on their teaching abilities or did they have an agenda. As ive said I totally agree that coaches need to improve and be accredited but I think in many ways we're putting off coaches who we should be embracing
Don't know where your facts of so many nbn coaches failed comes from seldom. 6 NBN coaches did the course, Bolch from Olympic = Pass,Pryce from Azzurru = Pass ,Asquith from Southy = Pass, Rowe from Lakes = Pass, Chapman from Magic = Fail,Tanchevski from Jaffas = Fail. So that's a 66% pass rate, hardly see how this equals so many nbn coaches failing ?

terryk
04-03-2014, 11:33 PM

Can somebody explain the difference between course not yet completed and failed 3 times? Im not sure who propagated the idea that people had failed and more to the point that Chappy and Tanch had failed 3 times each? Do people know this as fact or are we just bullshitting to validate our own arguments?

terryk
04-03-2014, 11:39 PM
Don't know where your facts of so many nbn coaches failed comes from seldom. 6 NBN coaches did the course, Bolch from Olympic = Pass,Pryce from Azzurru = Pass ,Asquith from Southy = Pass, Rowe from Lakes = Pass, Chapman from Magic = Fail,Tanchevski from Jaffas = Fail. So that's a 66% pass rate, hardly see how this equals so many nbn coaches failing ?

In fairness it was not Seldom who originally stated this on this forum, i can't find who did but i recall reading it. Im not sure who the 2 coaches who failed three times are but maybe the person who made the statement can clarify who exactly failed...

seldom
05-03-2014, 12:40 AM

Oh ok maybe I was miss informed,maybe the majority werent NBN coaches. But in all honesty if Im running a course and only 66% of the elite coaches pass maybe I need to look at my coaching methods

MFKS
05-03-2014, 09:16 AM
Though failure to me is a good thing. Rather have a system where people fail rather than the modern day thing where everyone gets a certificate at the end of the course.

To my way of thinking it is better that people fail this to challenge all participants to learn and develop a better understanding of the game rather than just hand out so many certificates at the end and have a bunch of halfwits with accreditation who have learned SFA

Remember doing the recertification for my Senior First Aid when it expired. Not overtly hard just the basics of applying band aids stopping bleeding and CPR and all that.

Had a practical on CPR to do. As the mob running it had only so many mannequins we had to take it in batches to do the CPR assessment. Knocked mine off first and then had to wait for the rest to finish.

One lady who was doing it as a requirement of her employment had NFI. The instructor had to give her prompts every time for the next thing to do. After we had sat there all day going through it and she had apparently done it before it was amazing how little of it she knew. They even gave her a certificate at the end.

If you keeled over in front of her and needed her assistance your family may as well start looking into burial plots/cremation and which provides better value

Paolo
05-03-2014, 10:38 AM
How do you know what Tanch or Chap are being paid??? Are you on the committee of both these clubs? Have both coaches told you what what they are being paid? One should be careful throwing figures around especially when we can only assume you are not Tanch or Chappy!

Not wishing to get in a slanging match, but you are having a laugh when suggesting that coaches are not being paid?

Newcastle is a very small community, information travels very quickly. I am not associated with either club but am very confident in saying that both Tanchevski and Chapman along with all other NPL coaches are paid considerably more than the C Licence and B Licence course fees!

I was simply trying to dispel some myths around the C Licence which have been presented in the Herald and then supported by coaches who know better.

These coaches are paid well and received financial support from clubs and NNSW for the course fee. Yet this was not mentioned in the article and combined with innacurate course costs.

MFKS has posted the accurate course fees and as you can see the $500 from both the club and NNSW pretty much covers the C Licence cost!

Make your own judgment, but it's interesting to note that the coaches who have struggled to complete the course are the ones complaining.

De-Champ
05-03-2014, 10:38 AM
Oh ok maybe I was miss informed,maybe the majority werent NBN coaches. But in all honesty if Im running a course and only 66% of the elite coaches pass maybe I need to look at my coaching methods

Pretty small sample, only six. Can't draw any conclusions from this.

Moley
05-03-2014, 01:14 PM
Can you boys start a new thread to talk about the cost of coaching courses etc?

Are there NPL trial games this week or at the weekend with watching?

TXK
05-03-2014, 01:25 PM

Concur!

Buds vs Magic! Magic! at A'Town on Saturday, three grades with 1sts KO at 1.30pm

ForeverRed
05-03-2014, 02:22 PM
Gunners v Guildford ,in Sydney on Saturday

Zeus
05-03-2014, 03:48 PM
http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/site/_content/document/00001599-source.pdf

From the FFA detailing the costs and time required for the various coaches.

The cost to me really shouldn't be an issue. When Clubs can afford to "PAY" blokes to play then the least they can do is kick in the 2-3k required to make sure their coach is qualified. After all the club sees success by on field wins trophies and you would be selling your club short by not making sure your coaches are as knowledgeable and intelligent in the game as they could be

Matter of fact clubs would be looking after their best interest by actually getting as many of their Yoof/kiddies age coaches as qualified as they can. Couple of years time and the pool would be getting greater and greater and the knowledge would be getting greater and greater

I think you will find the clubs don't have an issue paying the fee, Its that the coaches have ongoing pressure to spend some time with their families rather than all at the football ground. I know 2 of the NBN coaches had to miss out or reschedule a family holiday that was already booked for time of with their work before they had to do the C licence.
For a lot of coaches they will not miss matches in the season and go on a family holiday at the end of the season. Now they have to commit to a C licence at the end of last season which is another 6 weekends on top of their already long season.

What will happen is we will end up with young 18-20yr old inexperienced coaches who have no idea about the game, but all the time in the world because they don't have families, doing their C & B licence.
Now because the better and more experienced coaches don't have the time to commit will stop coaching, and these young guys who could never play the game will start coaching.
Now I can tell you that I would rather one of the top 3 coaches from last year coach my club, than an 18 yr old inexperienced guy that holds a ticket saying B licence.

How can you expect coaches to take 2 weeks annual leave from their work and do a B licence rather than a family holiday, when they are not full time or even part time employed coaches?

Just my thoughts

Zeus
05-03-2014, 03:51 PM
Can somebody explain the difference between course not yet completed and failed 3 times? Im not sure who propagated the idea that people had failed and more to the point that Chappy and Tanch had failed 3 times each? Do people know this as fact or are we just bullshitting to validate our own arguments?

From the horses mouth, Chappy has failed once along with 18 other people.
Tanch hasn't failed, but has not yet completed a module as he went away on family holiday and missed last weekend.

To me though with such a high fail rate, is ithe applicants or is it the way the course is presented.

If I went to a course even I knew nothing about, and I was expected to pass at the end of it if 18 out of 20 failed I would say that the course presenter was crap, or the course was not presented properly?

Imyourhero
05-03-2014, 04:17 PM
Azzuri vs Weston, Sat March 8, 3 grades with 1sts at 3pm

MFKS
05-03-2014, 04:32 PM
Tanch hasn't failed, but has not yet completed a module as he went away on family holiday and missed last weekend.

To me though with such a high fail rate, is ithe applicants or is it the way the course is presented.

If I went to a course even I knew nothing about, and I was expected to pass at the end of it if 18 out of 20 failed I would say that the course presenter was crap, or the course was not presented properly?

To me the know it alls that have been coaching for ages and think they know everything and now are made to do the course should be able to do it with their eyes closed if they are so smart :deadhorse:

Most of the stuff in it they should already know if the years of experience of playing coaching and watching the game are enough to qualify blokes to coach teams at this level under the former standards.

prawnhead
05-03-2014, 04:38 PM

Just curious as to who the presenters were for the C license?

TXK
05-03-2014, 04:43 PM
What will happen is we will end up with young 18-20yr old inexperienced coaches who have no idea about the game, but all the time in the world because they don't have families, doing their C & B licence.
Now because the better and more experienced coaches don't have the time to commit will stop coaching, and these young guys who could never play the game will start coaching.

Don't worry mate, by the sounds of it they aren't handing out licences just cause a person turned up, so if they truly have no idea about the game they won't get the accreditation....

Zeus
05-03-2014, 04:43 PM
To me the know it alls that have been coaching for ages and think they know everything and now are made to do the course should be able to do it with their eyes closed if they are so smart :deadhorse:

Most of the stuff in it they should already know if the years of experience of playing coaching and watching the game are enough to qualify blokes to coach teams at this level under the former standards.

To you know it alls, :deadhorse: the C licence teaches you how to coach the Australian curriculum. If you don't want your team to play the Australian formation and style, then it is totally useless.

So the reality is, no it wont teach you something unless you want to coach the curriculum!

so you are incorrect in your statement saying that they should know most of the stuff in the course, because I don't know any coaches that would have wanted their teams to play as the national team does and coach their 1st grade team under the Aus curriculum!

Anyway, cant have a discussion on here with things people have no knowledge about, lets move on to trial games, results and the season ahead!
Create a separate thread if you want to talk about how you think coaches should or should not be doing this and that.
:closed:

boz-monaut
05-03-2014, 04:51 PM

I'll split this thread when I get on a proper computer

there are limitations to my moderator powers, even though I am currently sitting on a throne

seldom
05-03-2014, 05:20 PM
All the great coaches of our time are accredited and play to the FFA curriculum....Van Egmond...Edwards,Aloisi

Zeus
05-03-2014, 05:59 PM
all the great coaches of our time are accredited and play to the ffa curriculum....van egmond...edwards,aloisi

hahaah!

Zico
06-03-2014, 09:18 AM
All the great coaches of our time are accredited and play to the FFA curriculum....Van Egmond...Edwards,Aloisi
That is gold

hawk
06-03-2014, 05:39 PM
even though I am currently sitting on a throne

got a newspaper

hawk
06-03-2014, 05:45 PM
To you know it alls, :deadhorse: the C licence teaches you how to coach the Australian curriculum. If you don't want your team to play the Australian formation and style, then it is totally useless.

I do know that towards the end of the c licence there is a section on 3 goal capitulation, tick.

What does A and B licence focus on?

ForeverRed
07-03-2014, 07:53 AM
Gunners v Guildford ,in Sydney on Saturday

Gunners v gladesville, not guildford

The Baby Piglet
07-03-2014, 09:28 AM
honestly guys.... i know there are a few expert coaches on here that like to bag out everything and everybody from behind their keyboards..... How about you go out to the grassroots level and start making a difference yourself. Also can anyone tell me what time charlestown play weston tomorrow ??

ForeverRed
07-03-2014, 09:45 AM
3pm

Imyourhero
07-03-2014, 11:28 AM
honestly guys.... i know there are a few expert coaches on here that like to bag out everything and everybody from behind their keyboards..... How about you go out to the grassroots level and start making a difference yourself. Also can anyone tell me what time charlestown play weston tomorrow ??

Main game at 3pm, 22s and 18s also play beforehand.

cobra23
07-03-2014, 01:07 PM
Magic v adamstown 1.30 pm kickoff tomorrow

Rocko
08-03-2014, 12:00 PM
Is Magic vs Adamstown at Broadmedow?

The Magician
08-03-2014, 12:34 PM
Magic Vs Adamstown at Adamstown Oval

Rocko
08-03-2014, 12:38 PM
Thanks!

NewyTy
08-03-2014, 05:19 PM
Magic v Adamstown
First Grade- 4-1 Magic
U22's- 3-2 Adamstown
U19's- 5-3 Magic

JCBT
08-03-2014, 05:31 PM
Maitland v Olympic
1st Grade Olympic won 3-1. Olympic had 3 clear cut chances missed in the first half while Maitland could have easily scored 5 in the 2nd half. Maitland held their own against a very good Olympic side.
23's 1-1 ( I missed most of this game and was 1-0 to Olympic when I left but was told it ended 1-1.)
19's 1-1.

wannabe
08-03-2014, 08:39 PM
Maitland v Olympic
1st Grade Olympic won 3-1. Olympic had 3 clear cut chances missed in the first half while Maitland could have easily scored 5 in the 2nd half. Maitland held their own against a very good Olympic side.
23's 1-1 ( I missed most of this game and was 1-0 to Olympic when I left but was told it ended 1-1.)
19's 1-1.

were both sides at full strength jcbt

ForeverRed
08-03-2014, 09:48 PM
Gunners down 4.3 to gladesville after leading 3.1,
Put some kids on at the end and the game changed a bit, some nice footy played

Imyourhero
08-03-2014, 10:09 PM
weston v charly
19s: 1-1
22s: 2-0 weston
1sts: 2-1 charly

magician
09-03-2014, 08:27 PM
were both sides at full strength jcbt

Olympic were missing swancott, both swan brothers and Greg Anderson
Not sure about maitland

JCBT
10-03-2014, 03:56 PM
Maitland v Olympic
19's 1-1.
Magician quoted the players missing from Olympic, Maitland had a couple missing also but pretty close to full strength in first.

Leftback at Home
10-03-2014, 04:27 PM
Every time a result gets posted it is qualified by "players missing". Excuses for the results maybe? "That's why we lost/didn't win by more". When does anyone every take the field with a full strength line up?

JCBT
10-03-2014, 10:37 PM
Every time a result gets posted it is qualified by "players missing". Excuses for the results maybe? "That's why we lost/didn't win by more". When does anyone every take the field with a full strength line up?
I was asked who was missing from both sides, not making excuses for Maitland. Chill out!!:wtf:

Let me feed the ducks
12-03-2014, 03:24 PM
Massive news about to come out of Jaffas ...... how the hell can Tanch keep all those players happy and within points system

Thomas477
12-03-2014, 03:43 PM
Massive news about to come out of Jaffas ...... how the hell can Tanch keep all those players happy and within points system

Sauce, or just assuming?

If you're assuming, it's old news.

ForeverRed
12-03-2014, 03:46 PM

such as

ForeverRed
12-03-2014, 04:29 PM
thats another 18 points, there coach was trying to off load players just after Christmas because of the points system so this seems to be a bit surreal, for years this club plodded along in newfm, good committee and good jaffa blokes playing, now all they get to watch is their club socks running around as there doesn't appear to be to much character or history in this club anymore, bit like a pop up, with player points system it hardly seems sustainable

NewFM 2014
12-03-2014, 04:41 PM
I see it slightly differently . I am sure given the points system that they will have had room for this signing otherwise it surely could not have taken place.

Why would you not try to accomodate a player like Bradbury if he is on the market ? this could be the differnce between winning comp and coming second I guess.

ForeverRed
12-03-2014, 05:07 PM
Kale Bradburry to Jaffas-
can you back this claim up